Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm doctor Maria Meyer, anthropologist, primatologist, wildlife correspondent and part of the team on Expedition Bigfoot. I've spent my entire life exploring the planet's wildest, most remote places in search of the extraordinary, and now I'm inviting you to join me. Introducing the Explorer Society, a global community of curious minds, truth seekers, and adventures where we dive into the unknown, from elusive creatures like Bigfoot, to the frontiers of science, nature and unexplained phenomena. Live q and as and roundtable discussions, especial guest interviews including the Expedition Bigfoot team, Dave Schrader, Cliff Berrickman plus Josh Gates, Jack Osborne and many more. On demand streaming content, invites to exclusive events and conferences around the world, Explore Society swag, and even the chance to join us on a real life expedition. Come explore with me. Let's discover what's out there. Join Explorer Society at Mariameyer dot com.
Speaker 3: Today, I want to tell you about a journey that I've been on for most of my life. Ever since I was a kid, I've heard tales of Bigfoot and wild men, while spending time with my friends and family. As I grew older and read more about the paranormal, my interest in cryptids and other things strange only deepened. That's why I'm so excited to share with you what I've personally become involved with The Untold Radio Network. The Untold Radio Network is a live streaming podcast network that airs a new show every day across all podcast platforms, YouTube, and more. They have eight different shows on all sorts of exciting topics such as bigfoot, cryptids, UFOs, aliens, and much more. I even have my own show called Weird Encounters, where I talk about all things strange. This is more than just a podcast network. It's a community that allows me to meet so many amazing people who share their stories and experiences with strange. If you're interested in hearing more of these stories and learning more about the paranormal and cryptids, make sure you check out the Untold Old Radio Network for all kinds of exciting shows.
Speaker 4: It's free to subscribe. So what are you waiting for?
Speaker 3: Visit www dot untold radionetwork dot com today.
Speaker 5: And one are you reporting? I got a screen going on here? Something just kid with my dog, something killed your dog, my dog. We're flying through the or over the tree. I don't know how it did it? Okay, damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. The name was dead when you hit the ground. I didn't a seeny cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. What are you reporting? We got some wonder or something frowling around out here? Did you see what it was? I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't say anything. I don't want to go outside. Indeed is white. You're cara y Hello, get somebody out here? Went on the out there? Let's go up a bit of about sect nine. I don't know you see him out there? Yeah? Right head?
Speaker 4: Oh hey, greetings, thanks for joining me. His friend Alaska. What I wanted to share with you today happened approximately six years ago on the news Sheigak River. Tony not his real name, took his thirty two foot fishing boat up river up the New Shigak as a home base to anchor out and use his skiff as a little satellite run him bout do his moose hunting. He went out one evening. He went out on evening Tide went up river anchored out just above Portage. The next morning, Tide his wife and son, which his son was waiting for time off. The following day. His son would be off for a week. He brought his mom with him to go and meet Tony up at the boat. They got there shortly after morning tied. They started making their plan of action. They're going to go scout around him and his sun and look for mussin while his wife just hung out on the fishing boat, tended to meals and coffee and stuff like that. It was just what they do. So they take off to go scouting him and his son. They go all the way up in New Stuyhawk and they're drifting down. They're looking for signs of moose. Nothing. It's just dead. So they decide after a couple hours of that, eh, it's wet out, it's cold. Let's regroup and start early in the morning, first light. As soon as we can see enough on the river, we'll go back up and we'll drift down. So they get back to the boat, they hung out. They played cards and cribbage and stuff, and I eat dinner, had a good dinner, just having good family time, and he said, just at twilight, just before it got one hundred percent dark, they heard a scream. He said. The scream was loud red. It was far away, but it was loud. It was a classic air Reid siren ending in a high pitched screen right. So they all look at each other and his wife said, that's a harry Man and one of you guys didn't see no moose. We're probably wasting our time. Let's go up Wood River or up electnic Gik or something like that. And he was like nah. Because he had heard stories from his uncle and his Uput and stuff. He believed them, but he just didn't think it was going to happen to him kind of thing, so he just denied. He was like, nah, it's got to be something we're just unaware of. And his wife told him, hey, I know what it is, so we should probably not waste our time. Thought nothing of it, which he regrets later. So he gets up real early the next morning before thirty coffee going and gets his son up and moving around. They eat real quick. They had some spam and eggs with his boy. They filled up a thermos of coffee. His wife got up by this point and made them like a little snack bag some summer sausage, crackers and some other stuff and sent them on their way. They took off. They went all the way up where they had gone the day before, up just about where New Stuyhawk is, and started drifting. Thick fog had rolled in that morning. They drifted down. They're seeing nothing. The thick fog was making it really hard to see anything. The sun wasn't feeling it. He was like, Dad, I don't think we're going to see anything. This thick fog is going to make it hard to get a good shot. He's like, let's just drift down. We'll come back up. The fog should lift, it should burn off, and maybe we'll see one right there on the bank and make it easy. His son agreed, all right, we're here anyway, let's do it. So they went up and down river a couple times, right, and at this point there's other people going buying their skiffs, waving whatever. He said. As they went up for the last time, and it's still thick fog. It's in the daylight, but it's just such dense fog. They were losing hope on their trip. At this point. Tony said he didn't sleep too good the night before on the boat because there wasn't much room with his wife in the bunk with them and stuff. He didn't sleep too good with elbows in his ribs and stuff like that. He was tired. When they got back up and were drifting that final time. He was laid back and started drifting off a little bit. They were on the east side of the river and the channel, and they were just coming down. Just blow Henry's slu because when he woke up, he was basically still thick fog and they were drifting. But he woke up to his son smacking him. Startled the shit out of him, right, So he jumps up his son. He's pointing at the river bank, and Tony's waking up looking at where his son's pointing, and all he sees is just dark shadows from the trees, and his son's whispering, Hey, that thing is on the river bank. I thought I was seeing things, but this thing is following us. What are you talking about? So he sits up on the bench on the lunch skiff. He's looking, and as he's looking where his son's pointing, all of a sudden he sees the movement himself, dark shadow just moving right outside the tree line, but with the fog, he said, it was really hard to determine size at first because the thing it looked like it was ducking down and then standing back up tall or ducking down. He just woke up, so he's wrapping his mind around everything that's unfolding, he said. As he stood up and grabbed his rifle and was looking, he was like, nah, I think we're seeing things right. Because the way the shadow was moving in the fog, he said, it was so easy to dismiss it initially. It wasn't tangible, it wasn't a shape to it. It was just a shadow. They seemed moving every so often. But he was like, oh, you're being parallelid that scream scared you last night? His sons, no, I've been watching it. I thought I was seeing things too. As they're discussing this that tree line that they're drifting down next to, he said that at this point they're about forty feet from where this shadow figure is, about twenty feet from the river bank in the channel, and then about fifteen twenty feet to where this shadow was moving along the tree line. He said they were on a short straight shot and it was going to come to a bend on the river, and there was no trees on this bend. It was just shrud and stuff, and the tree line continued down but the river turned right. He said, at that point he was chalking it up till we're seeing things still at this point because there was nothing concrete. Oh, there's an actual figure. It was just a shadow. So he's like, I think we're seeing stuff. And then all of a sudden, this thing really stands up. When it stood up, it was evident it was humanoid on two legs and walks, and they could see it in the fog walking out. Just as they're coming up to the bend in the river, this thing is walking and came away from the tree line to follow the bend of the river. It was ahead of them, and it got ahead of them further. It was moving a little faster than they were. And then it got to a point and then squatted down, and they saw it in the fog. It was just a shadow, but they saw it go over and squat down, almost like it was waiting for them, creep them both out. So they grabbed their guns and they're aiming, and it sounds she we shoot. Should we shoot? It does? No, we don't know what it is. It's speculation at this point. But he just woke up. He's tired, he's trying to make sure his eyes are working right. He doesn't want to start firing. It could be a villager screwing around in a gilly suit. He didn't know it'd be a dumb thing to do, but you just never know. He wanted to identify the target before firing, and his son was freaked out. So as they're getting closer, they start yelling, hey, we see you now. I gotta understand. It's dead quiet. They're drifting, the motor's not running. As they're coming to that bend, his son says, I'm going to fire it up. They didn't want it decurrent to bring them closer to the riverbank than they want to be, because this thing is just squatted down in the fog, maybe fifty yards at most away at this point, Tony said, as soon as they started yelling and the sun fired up the skiff, Tony stood up and had one boot on one little bench seat and the other one up by the bow little bench seat. It was like a little triangle back up in there in the vehle, he said, when he put his foot up and he started yelling. He's holding his rifle, but he's yelling, hey, we see you, We see you. You're gonna get shot playing dumb games. He's yelling at this thing. As he's saying this stuff, all of a sudden, it stands up again, and he really gets to understand. This thing was huge. He said. It was every bit of ten foot tall. He's guessing about four four and a half foot wide. And when it stood up, it turned profile and started walking back towards the trees. They're just gonna shocked. What the hell this thing turns and he couldn't make out any features. The fog was so dense it was just shadow in silhouette, right, even though it was daylight behind them and stuff and all around. He said, the fog was so thick and you could see pretty clearly to the river bank, but once it got up into the brush and stuff, it was so dense it was hard to make out any features on this thing. And it turned back towards them after it took a few steps, turned towards them and screamed. He said, the scream was startling. He almost fell out of the skiff just from being startled by how loud and powerful it was, and made his son instantly throw up, made him feel like his insides were like jello, reverberating with the scream. He turns back and yells at his son after he drops down off the bench seat and says, go, his son's puking, so he can't operate the kicker because he's projectile vomiting. So he jumps back there, moves his son out of the way. His son's still puking inside the skiff now, but he's getting him out of the way so he can operate the outboard. He said. When he got his son out of the way and started opening it up, it screamed again, and at this point it had moved down the river bank because he took eyes off it to help move his son and stuff. He said, When he got control of the kicker and was opening it up to get on step and get out of there, this thing I moved down the river bank a little ways past where it was before and was standing there, and it screamed again as he was trying to power past it. He said. When it screamed that time, he got a little better look at it. He could make out dark, sunken eye area, heavy brow ridge. The nose looked flat, real wide looking jaw. But that's the most description he could get. It wasn't defined at all. He couldn't see the finer features, couldn't tell if the face was renkly, couldn't tell the color of the skin. It was just dark. Said. He powered out of that, went down river, came around the bend because it kind of sneaked back and forth. He was just getting the hell out of there. His son's still not in a good condition. He's still dry heaving at this point because he had already expelled everything out of his stomach. Kept asking me okay, his son's nod and yes, breathing heavy and just dry heaving one after another. Couldn't talk. Was just in distress. So they get down around the bend, and they get a couple more bends down and at this point he's on full step. He's getting the hell out of dodge. He's looking out for any floating logs or anything like that. They come around another bend and he said, as they come around that bend, he hears this scream again. It sounds like it's right on top of the book still, so he's looking glancing over at the river and he notices this thing off to their left hand side. At this point, it's moving along. Because of the fog and everything, he can't make out how it's moving so fast. He said, it looked like it was just gliding along because he wasn't seeing any movement the legs or everything. Because of the fog and everything, it looked like it was gliding. He was like, holy shit, he's already got it wide open and they're kicking along and he's following the channel and everything, and he decides, I'm gonna get out of the channel a little more away from shore. I don't know what the hell this thing's doing. His son's still freaking out. He had stopped dry heaving at this point and was reaching for his rifle. He said, don't shoot. His son was shaking his head but wasn't really responding to Tony telling him, don't shoot. Son slides his rifle over, he checks it, takes it off safety, and he points in that direction. He fires a shot. Tony said, when he fired that shot, it was like all hell broke loose out of this thing. Because his son didn't aim at it. He just shot in that direction.
Speaker 3: Day tuned for more sasquatch out to see we'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: This thing, he said, stopped and just let out this hallacious growl, evil kind of, he said. The growl was just as impactful as the scream, but it made him feel more like jello on the inside than the first scream that made his son throw up. He said, at that point, they're skiffing along at this point, but once his son fired and that growl happened and all that, this thing stopped following them down the river. They go down a ways. Once he gets feeling like they're not being followed anymore, slows out check on his son. Because his son was responsive, but he wasn't giving up many answers. He was still in the midst of dry heaving but not full were on vomiting. Are you okay? Are you okay? He was like, yeah, I'm okay. It feels like someone kicked me in the gut. And so he's checking on his boy and stuff. He had idled down and was just basically drifting again right and it came down step because he wanted to check on his son. He didn't want to just leave him there potentially have him choking on his own vomit or anything like that. So he gets his son up on the bench as they're drifting aways, and his son gets his attention and he's pointing, and he starts on the verge of dry heaving again. He's trying to get his dad's attention, and he points back to shore and on the river bank. He turns around and looks back and this thing is moving and then stops and then squats down and is looking at him again. He can't see it actually looking at him because of the fog and everything, but it's facing them. He can sense it's looking at him. So he tols this boy hang on. He jumps back, grabs you out board, opens it back up, gets back up on step, and then they go back to the boat. He said that when they got back to the boat, he helped his son out of the skiff into the boat, and he sat back in the stern on a buoy for a little while because he was still feeling sick. He didn't want to go outside and have to puke and clean it up. You just throw up over the stern. He said that when they're sitting there. He was telling his wife what had happened, because she's like, what's wrong with my boy? He explains everything, and she was like, oh, geez, you guys, let's just go let's just go home. She had brought up it being a wasted time since the scream the night before. Tony, of course, was feeling bad enough. His wife is not reading him the Riot Act, but in essence, she was just in her own quiet way. I'll pull up anchor, we'll use the big boat and just drag the skiff home. We'll take our time. He checks on his son. His son was doing a lot better. He said that once they got down below portage on their way out, the fog had pretty much lifted. It was still overcast and everything, but it wasn't dense fog. The ceiling had lifted. He said, this seemed just above tree line. As they're going along, he was continually checking on his son. His son said he was doing okay, and they were just like nervously chuckling, WHOA, that was crazy, Wow, Harry Man is just crazy. And as that was going on off in the distance, at that point, they heard another scream. He said it had to have been miles away, but it was so loud it made his son, not from the impact of the scream, but just from the thought, started making him sick again, feeling ill to his stomach. They just continued on and his wife had nursed the boy and calmed him down, gave him a sprite to drink, and some saltine crackers to eat. They just went on home, he said. When he got home, he reached out to one of his relatives who happened to live up in New Study Hawk, and was telling him, Hey, here's what happened. Told him everything he said. This particular relative kind of chuckled and said, oh, okay, okay, yeah, we'll keep an eye out. He said he didn't feel like his cousin was dismissing him, but he felt like his cousin wasn't taking it as serious as he should. So the following day he had called back just to reiterate, Hey, this really happened. I'm not pulling your leg, this is what happened, and his cousin told him, yeah, I had you called, I would have told you that there was a sighting over that area. A couple days before this, people had heard some screams again, a lot of people don't talk about it in the village because of the bad omen the superstitious aspect of it. I want to thank Tony for sharing. I talked to his son briefly. He really didn't want to discuss too much about it. He basically had the same thing to say his dad did. Outside of when his son first saw this thing shadow moving, he said he thought he saw a big man walking, but then because of the trees and everything, he thought maybe he was seeing things. Come to find out he wasn't. He said, next time I see something like that, I'm going to take it serious from the beginning, which fair enough. I want to thank his son as well for being willing to speak to me. I know it's not easy talking to strangers about stuff. Be aware in the woods. I don't want anyone to be scared of the woods. I go out in the woods all the time and just be aware. You never know, you never know. I wanted to share it to you today. Comes from Derek had basically signed up or rented out the state cabin at Lynx Lake approximately ten years ago. He's guestimating Derek just turned eighty. He was further along in life. He had a Golden Retriever with them. One of his friends was supposed to join him. He had signed out this cabin for a few days because you got to go to the state map and basically rent it out, set your dates, make sure it's not already reserved. So he had his reservations. He said. He gets there, he said, as soon as he got there, it was off. Someone was off, and the state cabin is like, not far off Nancy Lake Road. It's in the Nancy Lake Steak Recreation Area. Now, he had brought a canoe along and he was planning on doing some canoeing. He wasn't going to port his canoe through all the lakes. He was just gonna canoe around the one lake that he knew he could get around on. He's dealing with some hip issues and whatnot, so he couldn't really hide or drag heavy stuff. He was capable of launching a canoe, pointing it out of the water, and with his friend showing up, he would be able to load it back up. So he starts his morning off and his friend late not showing, and he didn't want to waste the day, so he decides, I'm going to wrestle the canoe out onto the lake. Myself had his dog with him. His dog, he said, was acting strange from the beginning. He said, when he was dragging the canoe down, the canoe made a cup up sound, falling off the top of his vehicle. He thought that noise scared the dog, which seemed odd to him there in a strange place, and thought nothing of it. Okay, dog's a little freaked out. Ran up on the little porch right there at the cabin, and he kept calling his dog. His dog would not come to him, just sat there looking very anxious. Didn't want no part of nothing, which was odd. So he left it alone. He went up there and said, okay, you don't have to come this time, and he let the dog into the cabin. The dog went right inside. He shut the door. No harm, no foul. He puts on his life best and jumps in the canoe and he passed out. He said. He got out to about the mid part of the lake and he fell off, and he kept looking around, like why do I shiel like I'm being watched. He figured there are some other campers or hikers around, and so he starts looking around. And this was at the beginning of August, he said, because that's the only time there was a gap in the reservations for this particular cabin where he could get in there. Right, he took what he can get. He's looking around and he heard a family somewhere off in the distance playing. Here kids laughing. He heard adults chattering. But he's on a lake, so the sound is carrying from a pretty good distance, and he's assuming that across the lake there's another portage trail, and he assumed that they were over there. Again, he was like, okay, maybe one of them is watching me, and that's what's making me feel odd. So he's just sitting there, been joining the scenery. The nseums were out, so he was a bit pestered by the nseums. At one point, he turns around for his little pack behind him to get out of his bug spray, he said. As he was digging in his bag, he pulled it, set it on his lap and was digging in there, and he noticed off to his right hand side there was something very dark off in the distance on the shoreline, and he saw it move. So he looks that direction and all he saw was just a sliver of black moving behind some trees, and he was like, oh, that explains that there's a black bear over there, and my dog is freaked out about it. So he minces doing his bug dope thing, thinks not too much of it, and puts his bag away. After he puts on his bugged open knee, starts paddling towards shore to get closer to get a look at this black bear again. At this point, he's in his early seventies. He's not out for a bear confrontation. He just wanted to check out the bear. So as he paddles closer to the shore, he said he got within seventy five yards ashore and decided that'd be a good spot in case the bear charged, he would have time to react and the bear would have to essentially swim out to catch up, and he could be on his way. He's doing this, he gets to the spot, he slows himself down with the oar and then paddles himself in the circle. He's watching sure and if he notices darkness real high up and he's throwing off, he's there's no tree back there, because at first he thought maybe the blackbird climbed a tree and was up in the tree watching him, which it happens. So he's trying to focus in on this spot, and he noticed that a brush behind. He's looking for a tree where this thing could be, and obviously the alders that it's behind is too small to be supporting a bear up off the ground. It's just impossible, and so for the life of him, he's trying to figure it out. And as he's doing so, he yells out, hey bear, No response, no nothing, So he paddles a little closer. Something comes over him and he says, nah, I'm done here, I gotta go. He follows his instincts. He starts paddling away. As he turns his back to that position where this dark spot still is, there's this weird noise. He said it was like a half whoop, half growl. He couldn't reproduce it. The best explanation and get his half whoop, half growl. Do what you will with that noise, but not natural sounding to anything he's ever heard in Alaska, So that kind of creeps money. He looks back, and as he looks back over his shoulder and kind of repositions himself to get a better look, he sees that dark spot drop out of sight, and then he's seen it move from the direction new his facing, moving towards the right, basically heading back towards the area of the cabin, and the cabin is a distance away, but it's moving that direction. So he spooks a little bit in the crap. I don't want this bear trying to attack my dog or get into the cabin while I'm away. And he had a nine millimeter and a fanning pack, just a little something in case, just in case. So he starts paddling back towards the landing where he had launched. He gets back over there. It took a few minutes because again he's across the lake and whatnot. He said, when he got to shore, he heard that growl whoop again off in the distance, off to his left, back behind the cabin, in the direction that he had just come from. So I figured, WHOA, Okay, whatever it is, I beat it back here. Hopefully it's not coming here. But I don't want to be out here. So he climbs out of the little canoe, drags it up on shore, and grabs his little day pack out of it and goes inside. He's been the rest of the day waiting on his friend who never showed, didn't hear anything. He ended up leaving the cabin for a brief period to get where he had cell signal down the road a little ways get a hold of his friend. His friend was running late, was due to arrive later that evening, and HE'SAI, okay, goes back to the cabin. When he gets to the cabin, the door is open. He was like, what the hell again? He had his dog in there, looks for his dog, couldn't find the dog. Now, this place, this particular cabin, has had an instance at it before, and I've shared it previously on the channel. The exact ends and out so that when you'd have to go back. When he gets there and the door's open, he's, oh, crap, the bear got in, right, the bear got my dog. So he comes back outside. He's panicking again. He's in his seventies. He's not a young, spry guy that's just going to run off chasing a dog. But he starts calling his dog. As he's calling the dog, Sure it comes from what he could tell. It came down the road the direction. He doesn't know how he missed it driving out, coming back in on his way back in. How he missed it, but the dog came down the road basically the direction of the road, comes right up to him, happy to see him, goes inside. He's looking around to see if the bear got into anything. He had supplies in their food and stuff. Nothing was touched, not of the ordinary. He just thought it was weird. Did he not shut the door all the way and it just popped open with wind gust or something. He's looking for excuses on why this door opened. Couldn't come up with anything, so he calms down. He settles in, He makes himself something to eat. He said, as he was cooking, the dog started acting strange again, went down underneath this little table, curl up and was winpery. Then it got real quiet. And as soon as the dog got super quiet, and he's tending to his food, looking over asking him, hey, you all right, buddy? Did you get hurt? And as he steps away from where he's cooking to go intend to the dog, bamn, the whole place shake, something hit this cabin. He was like, holy crap. So instantly he's unzipping his little fanny pack and he pulls out his nine millimeter. He said it was just a little subcompact. So he pulls it out and he starts looking out the window, like, what the hell? What hit this place? You know what I mean. He still has time before it gets dark, so he decides, all right, I'm gonna step outside and chase this bear off. He figured it was a bear fell against the cabin or something along those lines. He didn't want it around. He didn't want to shoot it either, but he wanted to scare it off. This is what's going on in his mind. So Derek goes outside, goes around to the left hand side and looks back, he said, back behind the cabin. As he's looking, he noticed his movement quartering away from the cabin through the brush. He goes, okay, there it is. So he decides he's going to go around the other way. I have a little bit of better angle on the way it's quartering, because he wanted to have a little bit of something between him and it when he confronted it, because he said it wasn't moving fast. He could see it just this darkness kind of moving away. So he circles around. He gets back over to the back corner and he's looking off that rear corner back in the direction where he saw the dark spot. As he's sitting there trying to figure out where it went and make sure it's not circling back or anything like that. It was more open off to his left hand side, so he felt comfortable it wasn't sneaking up on him. And as he's looking, he said, all of a sudden, he noticed this thing looking back at him, he said. The skin looked like it was pitch black. The eyes, there was a little bit of glint from the daylight, but they looked black as well. This thing, from what he could make out because it was partially silhouetted, what he could make was it had human like features, but it was dark, very dark.
Speaker 3: And stay tuned for more Sasquatch out to see. We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: But it freaked him out. He's what am I looking at? What am I seeing here? He's trying to comprehend this feeling within him, as he said, started welling up, taking over this fear. So he was like crap, he yells out, you need to leave. You're not welcome here. I rented the place, I have it reserved. You have to go somewhere else. To camp. He didn't know why, he said that it made no sense to him then and he still don't know why now. He just felt the need to vocalize something to this thing, he said. As soon as he got done talking and told this thing to leave, all of a sudden, it stood up. He said. When it stood up, he thought he's going to have a heart attack, because he said, when it stood up, it had to have been ten to eleven feet tall. It wasn't overly huge as far as with lanky, but muscular. The way the sunshine was hitting he could see the hair moving in the air. He had a little better look at the face because once it stood up, it illuminated from the sunlight. He said, it looked like a big as kve man. The look on his face, it looked like it meant business. So he's standing there and he's whole shit, you know, what the hell? And as he's watching this thing, all of a sudden takes a couple of steps towards him, and immediately he just points the gun in the air and fires like three or four shots. He said, it may have been more, maybe less, but he wanted to make noise. He fires these shots and tucks and runs. He did not shoot directly at it. He shot up, but in that direction right makes these shots, bolts back inside, gets inside, shuts the door, and he said, as he was sitting there with his back against the door, trying not to have a heart attack, he felt like he was having some kind of a rhythm or something going on. Was not doing good in that moment, so he went. He found his eighty one milligram. But he takes some aspirin and he's sitting there trying to calm down. He said, he had a heart attack, like almost twenty years earlier. Anytime he was feeling stressed, he would take the aspirin and it would seem to help. So he went to what he knew. Derek said, he took that he was sitting there. He moves some stuff over in front of the door, just a furrow barrier, and was checking and looking out these windows. There's three, one in the back by this little makeshift sink, and then two on either side. Kept looking at those, started feeling uncomfortable. It was starting to get darker, not dark, but darker, and as twilight approached, all of a sudden, damn. As he was just calming down. Something hit the cabin again, freaked him right back out, immediately pulls his gun. He wants to leave. He knows his friend is coming, so he talks himself from the stand. Put right. His dog has not moved and just whimpers every once in a while.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: So, after some time passes, he said, he's not sure exactly, but it was more into twilight. His friend and shows up in his truck. His friend had a shotgun with him. When he shows up, Derek's out on the porch. His dog follows him. His dog knows his buddy well, so his dog runs over to his buddy. Now we'll leave his name out of it, he said, as he goes over and says, hey, he's holding his pistol in his hands. To his friend immediately said, wehll, what's with the gun? What's going Is there a bear? What's going on? So immediately his friend starts digging his twelve gage out. He tells him what happened, and his friend's kind of stuck for a second. What the hell are you talking about? Derek? He goes, grab your stuff, come inside. I don't feel safe out here. So his friend reluctantly okay, all right, he just grabbed his gun case in his backpack and he said, I'll grab the rest of the stuff later. And they both go inside. Right, So Derek explains everything that happened to him, from out on the lake to coming back to everything. His friend was a little taking him back because he knows Derek's not out for attention, going to make up some story. Here's him out. He believes him. He doesn't know what to think of it, but he believes him. As they're sitting and they're talking, it was almost on cue. Derek said he couldn't have timed it better. He stood up and said, when this thing hit the cabin, it shook the place. It's big. No sooner and he says that bam, the whole place shakes. His friend immediately jumps up. He had set the shotgun on this little table, grabs a shot and was like, holy crap. And Derek said, yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. His friend goes hold on, runs outside. Derek sign tell him no, don't. His friend runs outside off to the left. He goes down these few little steps, runs around the left hand side, and his face in the back and he's got a shotgun up Derek hears him yelling as he's coming out the door behind him, yelling get out of here. As he's doing so, all of a sudden, this scream happens. Now. He said, the scream they heard sounded like it was a bit at a distance, but the silhouette was right there, about twenty five feet off the back of the cabin and some brush standing there, just quiet facing them. He said. The scream at the distance scared them both because they felt it reverberate through their system. Hold it, what the hell? Because it wasn't coming from the one right over there, it was coming from something further back. His friend lowers his gun, says get inside. They go inside. They sit there a few minutes and his friends, you know, what the hell we need to leave. We need to leave. Is your car unlocked? Derek's yeah, my car's unlocked. He goes, I'm loading your car for you. I'm gonna make sure you're in it and load it up, and i'll make sure all my stuff's in my truck, and we're getting out of here. We're leaving here. He said, all right, He was all for it. He said, I stuck around because you were on your way. His friends, We're not staying here. Whatever that is, it's not human, it's not a bear, and we need to go. Of course, Derek's all for it, and his friend loads up his stuff as Derek stands on the porch whatever backup he would be with the nine millimeter. Again, he didn't have a whole bunch of stuff, so it didn't take very long. The canoe became the issue now. Derek had put it on top of his luggage rack in his little small cuv. His buddy was like, we're just gonna put that in the bed of my truck. I will strap it down. They drag it over. They put it in the bed of the truck. The whole time his friend is head on the swevel looking all around him. Every once in a while they would hear noises, but they were at a distance, so they felt a little more comfortable. Even though they didn't feel comfortable at all, they felt a little more comfortable, as Derek put it, getting this thing loaded up. So they throw the little canoe into the back of his buddy's pickup truck. His buddy already had some quarters and other stuff in the bed and they just latch it down real quick. He had Derek jump in his vehicle after he double checked to make sure they got everything. Derek leaves and his friend follows him. Nothing else happened. It caused Derek to reevaluate every strange sound he had ever witnessed in the woods that he just dismissed, which happens to a lot of people. I want to thank Derek for reaching out. It was hard for him to express everything that he was dealing with. He felt it necessary for people to understand. Sometimes things just tappened that he can't explain. I'm getting multiple reports of people being in very familiar areas. Vincent Wasley had a chat with him the other day from Nuna. He was up on the Cusca Cliff River searching out for punk, which is a fungus that grows on birch. He was up there collecting a very familiar area. He kept getting lost trying to walk back to the river. He kept doing half circles and trying to figure out why he couldn't make it back, And he kept checking his app with the X Hunt app to see where he was going wrong, and he would course correct and continueing. All of a sudden, he's going in another circle during the course of this, he saw something brown across the way. It blended in so well it melted into the background, and he thought he was seeing things at first until it moved, But once he recognized what was going on, he just took a straight track to the river and that followed the river bank up to where his skiff was. Thankfully, there's another report. I'll leave the person's name out, but something very similar. They're at a very picking patch that was very familiar to them, very familiar there for generations. Literally, this person walks into this open metal area with tundra, started picking berries thirty minutes and looked around and was totally lost. Even though this person just walked in nult down and was picking not very far in, didn't go around off anywhere else in their familiar area, stood up, and was in essence lost for a few minutes. This person also seeing a figure off in the distance looking at them. Of course, playing Devil's advocate, I asked, how do you know it was someone looking at you or something looking at you? They profess that it moved. It started moving from directly in front of them off to their left, and then went up into a thicker brush, going up the side of the mountain. The third account comes from the yk del the area. But that's a wide swath of land and I'll just leave it at that. This young lady reported Debt. She was at a bury picking site as well. She was summoned by this thing approximately two hundred yards away. She was with her older brother. Her older brother had very protection with them, had a rifle. She said. As she was picking, she caught the overwhelming urge to look in this specific direction, which was basically right in front of her. She said, she was looking, she noticed like a branch moving. She thought it was just a branch moving in the wind across the tundra at this little stand of black spruce across the way, she said, as she was watching, she noticed it was actually a figure there, motioning, waving for her. She said, she got the most eerie feeling. She told her brother. He stood up, immediately went that direction a few steps, and this thing wasn't there anymore. He didn't see, but she did, and she thought nothing of it. Okay, my brother scared it off or whatever. So they were a little nervous, continuing there very picking when they stopped abruptly, and her brother was like no, we should go now, so he leads the way out of there. She was totally confused. They're literally on their back trail. They can see the impressions and the thunder they walk, and her brother was confused. She reassured them, Hey, we're going in the right direction. Look, these are our imprints in the tundra. And he kept saying no, and she was confused by it. So when she turned around, she was looking back in that direction as she saw the figure again. When she turned around, she shook. Her brother got his attention again. Then they were both standing there because as she was getting his attention, she realized she wasn't quite sure they were on the right trail either. Now, remember they just came into this little meadow to pick berries and stuff. They know the area for a very long time, not their first time being there. They are literally there all the time. Even when the berries aren't there, they're out there doing other stuff. Right, she got concerns, She said. It took about fifteen minutes before everything came back, as she kept looking back to where this thing was. It wasn't until that figure wasn't there anymore that they were able to gather their senses. I asked why didn't make more of a bigger deal that this thing was over there, because a lot of people freaks them out. Holy shit. Her response was, I felt like I wasn't under threat. I was like, okay, that's fair, because it's not the first time I've heard of younger women feeling a sense of peace, a sense of it's okay with these things around. She also stated that it was about two minutes after she was feeling that sense of peace that her brother was overcome with dread. She said, when that happened, he told her to start running right now. I know it sounds crazy because it's a little chaotic. This thing is sitting there. Whether it's projecting, I don't know. It's not the first time I heard of this trance like state, though creepy, very creepy. Her brother said, we got to run. You run now, stay right behind me. If you don't stay behind me, I'm going to make you run in front of me. And he says, squatch it, you're running in front of me. Let's go. He points in the direction says run. They start running now. As he's dealing with this overwhelming fear, he keeps yelling out to her saying, don't stop running, because he's stopping every once in a while turning around. He did about three or four times that she can recollect because it was chaotic. The third or the fourth time he shot his rifle, he said, keep running. It's trying to chase us. She's not seeing what he's seeing, but she does know it was over there. I was waving at her earlier. So as they're making their way out of this very zig zaggy switch back and forth, you gotta go up downhill some past through a few metals. They got a ways to go, she said. After he shot, like the second time, he yelled at her to stop there because she was bolting. She was out pacing him by miles because he was more focused on what was behind him. When he catches up to her, she said that he was pale, very pale, freaked out. They look at their back trail and they see a dark shadow figure cross across the path, just inside the tree line that they had just come out of. Right now, they had already gone approximately she guessed about a quarter mile of him. Turning around shot a couple times on their back trail, just making noise. Basically from what her brother told her. As they saw it cross, it just didn't stop. It was coming around circling. Her brother shot another shot in that direction. It goes dead quiet, of course, ring into the ears a little bit. But she said, after they paused a minute, they heard a huge breaking noises. They take off again right unprompted, they both just no one said nothing. They just take off running, she said. When they got about another quarter mile ish, they were close to where they were going to break out on this trail that was at the end of a gravel cul de sac near their village. Just before they were up and out of there, this thing again broke. Something cut their attention. They stopped, and she said, as they look back, they're looking back, they heard this growling grumble that was so low you could barely hear it, but they felt it right, this growl, and her brother shoots another shot into the air in that direction, and they turned around and got out of there. Now, just be aware if you're going out to these places and all of a sudden you're feeling like you're lost. Another reason why should never go alone. Do your best to bring whatever you need to make sure you don't get lost. Compass, GPS, phone.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more sasquatch out to see We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: A lot of these phones nowadays have technology as long as you got self service, of course, but there's apps you can download to help you find your way around a little better. Again, some places you're not going to have the availability, but whatever you do, try not to go alone. Man. Things are a little crazy. Also. There has been multiple road crossings. There was one spotted near Eureka, which we weren't too far from at gun Site Mountain earlier this season. It was a road crossing. They said it looked almost pitch black in color. It was just at dust. This was approximately four days ago. This was reported. The thing cross road heading from the east side of the road across to the west side. Now anyone who knows that road kind of runs in the north northeast, yesh something like that. And it went from the east side to the west side of the road duck down in some brush. When these people slowed down, it took off and they couldn't keep track of it was just moving so fast and ducking around. Road crossing down near the turnoff for Keenei which is by summ At Lake, which is on the way to Seward. You get the turnoff to go to the right going down to keene I Soldot in the area which runs along Summit Lake there and you continue you kind of Summit Lake and then you go by Berke the Creek down into Seward in that area. Road crossing there. They didn't know the area. They just said it crossed the road towards the Keeney side. Find guessing it went from what would in escence be the east side of the road to the west side of the road. I think that's near a trailhead. I'd have to look it up. There's been a lot in the background, a lot, so what I wanted to share with you. On top of those sidings and just some warnings, there is something strange, according to what's been shared, happening in the wood Tikchik area. So that's basically from electnik Gick on up to the New Yorkuk River. That's Bristol Bay area. There's been several reports recently from Snake Lake electni Gik area, multiple sidings from the same family now moving on up towards Lake Nurka. This person who hired on he had a six pack license to the coastguard to be a captain on a small vessel or whatever. Right, So he was working for an outfit. He was in the middle of transporting goods and not clients to this particular lodge he works at. He said, he was gone, just skipping along, heading back up to this particular place where he works, and he saw a man, or what he thought was a man in a gilly suit on the beach and thought it was a lost hunter. Now this is going back three weeks. He assumed lost hunter. So he immediately slows down, cuts in and goes towards shores. He's waving, hey, you okay, you lost He's saying all this stuff, this what he perceived as a person stands there looks at him until he gets he said, about one hundred feet from shore. As he's slowed down to make sure he doesn't hit rocks and bottom out, he's yelling and getting a closer look. He said. This thing was massive, he said, as he was pulling up and gathering his senses on what he is seeing and actually seeing it, he said that all of a sudden, this thing just puffed itself up and backed up into the brush, and I was like, backed up into it. He said, yeah, if it wasn't so terrifying, it would have almost been comical. How this thing postured up, blew itself up and backed off into the brush, and the excides stepped a couple times and then out of you and was gone. Description of it was real, matted looking hair, didn't look like it was well kept. It was big, but a little gangly, he said. The length of the arms is what made it look gangly. The way it moved was very robotic. It was like little short movements until it took off, and then it was real fluid and smooth. He didn't want to share his name or the outfit he worked for, because he still works there. He said it was really weird. Asked if he felt scared, he said not until it puffed up and backed up and I realized how big it was. Then he got scared just by sheer size. He said. There was nothing initially ominous about it. It just went on its way. After a brief looking at each other, he said he couldn't make out the face all that much. The way the lightings was silhouetted. He can make out it had a nose like ours, but it was flattered to the face. He couldn't really make out the skin color because of the shading and the silhouetted He said it was it was massive. He also reported that later on that evening, on the same day, he heard a scream that originated from that same area. As he's guestimating. Of course, he's not one hundred percent accurate on that, but a scream, I air raid siren up to high pitch. Just be aware. There's a bunch of other little things that have popped up as well. I'll get into more of those moving forward. Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 6: They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stay.
Speaker 1: I want to be.
Speaker 6: Up step.
Speaker 1: Joy this chard, that Chi everything calling Ricket back by back Joy for me.
Speaker 6: Joy, stay right there, you come it right away.
Speaker 1: Still st st st STUSS games, still step passes, stains
Speaker 6: Used US pass