Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donna Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is Monday, October thirteenth, four thirty one pm. We are in the fabulous Poker Growth Studio. It may not look too fabulous right now, because you know what this is like, I mean you might not know I for sure. No, this is like when you're at the club, we're way too damn long and at the end of the night they turn the lights on and this is what it looks right, I mean like, this is just what it looks like. So a bit dressed down, need to doll things up quite a bit here, but they'll make it happen because the PGTPLO series starts on Tuesday, which was it's probably likely when you guys are listening to this, so hopefully producer rich Ryant will get it up on Tuesday morning. And yeah, we're gonna recap the Poker Masters. We got to talk about that PGT PLO series because that is upcoming. I am kicking Tim's ass in the PGT Fantasy right but we're gonna do our redraft today. Set us up for a PLO series WPT shooting Star. I want to touch on that because that is coming up soon. I think I put together the list of all the shooting stars, couldn't really get it all in one place. I had to go to Instagram and look at multiple different poses. Very weird. W SUP Europe if you guys didn't know, which many people didn't really know wrapped up. So we're gonna touch on that because you know that that is it was once like such a staple, a pillar of the industry, and now it feels like it's almost an afterthought for lack of a better term. I mean, I love europ So we'll get into that and we'll touch on all that, and then, you know, anything else that comes up as we go, maybe we'll hit on some things. Poker Go and play poker Go are giving you a chance of a lifetime. All you have to do is sign up for free at playpoker go dot com or download the app to your iOS or Android device, create an account, play just one hand of free online poker. That's at one hand. They give you enough free chips to stars. You just sign up, you make an account, you get in there, you play your hand. If you don't want to continue, get out whatever, but that'll get you entered. All you got to do is do that before December tenth, as long as you are in the US and you are twenty one plus, that'll get you automatically entered to win a dream seat. That'll get you out here to play in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. So a single hand of free online poker on the play poker Go platform before December tenth can ultimately have you competing for your share of a million dollars right here, right here. It'll look much better than this, I promise. Inside the poker Go studio, there are I think eight ways total to win a dream seat. If you guys go to PGT dot com slash dream there are seven ways listed there, and then the eighth way is to win the leader board at the high Roller events at NAPT Las Vegas. So eight ways total for you to win a dream seed, and at least three of them are free ways. The play poker Girl one, we got the social media one, we got the podcast one, right, So we have multiple different ways for you guys to win a dream seed, So take advantage of all of them. Enter as many as you can give yourself the best shot and then hopefully one of you is coming out here and playing in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. We get to meet you and you know, I don't know you final table, you go on to win half a million dollars all that.
Speaker 2: Good stuff regard to the club and make it look like this.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we can go to the club and we can make it look like this. That is damn damn rights as it relates to the play Poker giveaway. No purchase necessary. You must be twenty one or older and a US resident to enter. Full rules and details available on pokergrow dot com slash rules. All right, Poker Masters rec we have a new purple Jacket winner and it is David Coleman. Coleman opened the series with a win in the million Dollar Showcase, took home two hundred and seventy thousand dollars, and then he bookended the series with a second place in the twenty five K finale. Don't remember how much that was for, but good amount of change there. He did a little bit of a deal with Brandon Wilson. They did some shopping when they got heads up, but still played for the win. Brandon Wilson five there you go. So he cast for what six fifty total? Yeah, pretty much, okay, crusher. He had another cash in there somewhere in the middle of the series, not a final table, but that that extra cash was probably enough to, you know, kind of give him that sort of boost. Four n ninety two points total from Coleman. He had one win, he had three cashes. Now he is still outside the top forty of the season long leader board, but those four hundred and ninety two points did really boost him up quite nicely. He's got seven hundred and thirteen points on the season right now, number forty and the top forty get into the PGT Million Dollar Championship. Right now, Number forty is nine oh two. And I believe it's Patrick Leonard. It is who's backs Vegas?
Speaker 2: Is he gonna come play?
Speaker 1: I mean he's been talking about it. He didn't you see his didn't you see his ID? But his story that said, like, this is the Blagio, this is where I go visit Crazy Mike. This is Aria, That's where PLO is. This is the Blagio, this is Aria behind Aria, that's poker Go, the best arena in the world. That's what he was that's that was his story. So he also said that he was he has a dog, Sandro he said development I don't know, but he said he's going to bring his dog to the studio and make it the Prince of poker Goro is.
Speaker 2: What he said. Prince.
Speaker 1: I don't know last time there was a dog in here at bit someone so we might we might not want to go down that route. But anyway, Patrick Leonard is number forty, but he's going to be out here for the pgt PLO series. I'm guessing he's going to be out here for the stretch that is it was PGT PLO. There's the Fall Classic is at the win right now. Now it all leads into November. You got an apt Las Vegas. You have obviously the win in December. Pads also said he mentioned the win, he like showed it down, but he was like bad things happened there. Like he's like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know where he lost these possible.
Speaker 1: He was talking about all the the women that are walking to the Encore Beach Club right next to the pokeron.
Speaker 2: I mean it's to males. We shouldn't say it's annoying. But we were both there this weekend. Last weekend, it was annoying.
Speaker 1: I don't find it annoyed because it doesn't distract me.
Speaker 2: There was don't annoy you, Like I'm just loud. I even had my AirPods in it, and I could still hear it through my AirPods.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just I guess used to it by now, so I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily I'm more defin than you, so it should bother me less.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I play more there, so I'm I think I'm just used to it. There was a player at my table who was trying to persuade the floor staff that they should build a barrier so you can't see.
Speaker 2: Oh, you can't say, you know what I the Friday. You know they have three rows at the very off topic, and you know they have the three rows of tables, like row the thirties, the forties, of the fifties. I was seen in the thirties, which is closest to all the women go but the rose forties and.
Speaker 1: Pans men's let's be barely it's meant too.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's barely any men, But like, why did they see this? Like I know it might not make that much of a difference, but like, why not see this in the fifties, so where like, yeah, I get it further away, less decimated.
Speaker 1: Maybe there's a lot of people that like the eye candy. I don't know, you know, I don't know, Sean. The only thing that I when I watched those people, I'm like, man, I used to do that. I don't know how I did that. Like it makes me like feel like I feel like horrible inside watching the drunk people. I'm like, I can never.
Speaker 2: Do someone on the day. And I said when I was younger, because we're both old now, I never went. I think I've been to one pool party. It's never interested me. Like the heat and the music and the alcohol. I didn't feel like it was a good mix going on to the class. Obviously you and I did that fair bit when we were younger, but the pool just never interested me. I just I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just talking about, you know, the stumbling around a casino drunk off your ass, like all that sort of stuff. I just I can't really get into it anymore. And it's it's a big base turn of that to not lots of money, like.
Speaker 2: What number to get as drunk as possible.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would have to be a ton of money to get drunk. I don't drink. I haven't drink seven years, so I don't even know. I can't even function. Fifteen dollars, no fucking it's gotta be a big, big number, five figures for sure.
Speaker 2: Five. I think that would be less than that.
Speaker 1: But no way am I getting No, No, I'm not doing it. I'm not doing it for less than ten k I'm not percent And that might sound stupid and.
Speaker 2: Don't find me dot com slash Donnie gets drunk.
Speaker 1: I mean I'm not. I'm not doing it like it's just it's just it's it's it's off torture. Yeah, absolute freaking torture. So David Coleman won the twenty twenty five Poker Master's Purple Jack and he also got a twenty five KPGT passport as a bonus prize after he won. I did speak with him for about three or four minutes. So let's listen to this interview right now with David Coleman, and then we'll come on back on the other side. Here.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, There you have it, guys. David Coleman your Poker Masters Champion.
Speaker 3: Well good, thank you. Feels amazing. Yeah, extremely grateful. Just a good run of cards against amazing competition, and it's really anyone's getting in these things, like it's just a matter of how the cards go. But uh, yeah, I feel very comfortable here. I've been playing here for a while now and see the same faces over and over, so nothing really surprises me the way people are playing. But yeah, I just honestly, it's just insane how lucky I've been recently. So I'm extremely grateful this tournament. It was the most I've ever had like ulterior considerations during the tournament like that I have any tournament ever played. So yeah, it was definitely in the back of my mind. You kind of saw it in the Queen Queen hand I had against Brandan's Open, which honestly think it's kind of like a okay to spot the flat even without like the considerations for the jacket, so I just flatted. But yeah, it was definitely in the back of my mind, like I said, more so than it's ever been usually. I just played poker like I you know, I'm trying to make most money always, but you know, there's some considerations to try to win the tournament. But yeah, this was it was interesting dynamic for sure. I was really anti sweating Doug at the end there, and uh yeah, just super grateful when Yeah, I'm a pretty like reasonably emotional guy, so like, yeah, I definitely get visibly frustrated sometimes, but I've just been playing this game so so much for the last ten years that my experience kind of overwhelms the emotion most of the time. Yeah, it was crazy what was going on yesterday. I was just making huge hands and it felt like the decks were rigged. I was joking about it, but uh yeah, it was a wild stretch there, Like as we were approaching the money, I was only planning and playing maybe a handful of the PLL, but I'll probably play all of them now. Yeah, I would love to play the free role play. The last year. It was a great tournament. It's an honor to be in there. So yeah, I'm definitely gonna fire hard the rest of the year. I mean, I was already planning and playing most of No Limit, but I'll probably play with all the people now. But yeah, it's been a hell of a ride.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no regrets whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I feel extremely blessed, extremely grateful for playing this game for a living that I love so much, because like, ID never worked the day in my life. So yeah, it's it's incredible. It's a dream. I get to travel the world and play the game that I love and.
Speaker 2: See all these cool places.
Speaker 3: And hang out with my friends all the time. This is awesome, maybe the happiest day of my career. It's an honor, especially do it in my backyard.
Speaker 2: Here, all right.
Speaker 1: That was David Coleman, once a nine to five, left his job, dove into poker. What did he do and now he or he is? I have no idea, probably some sort of finance or yeah something. I feel like he's that type of guy, like you know, investments or finance advisor, you know, something along those lines. So we'll ask him. We'll ask yeh, he should he should be playing all the PLO events.
Speaker 2: Well, he's the He said he was definitely now going to play the fives. Whether or not he gets a bit high, I think is gonna maybe depending how he's running. We not pay Alon gets expensive.
Speaker 1: PLO does get expensive. I just played the PLO satellite and busted and I'm listen, I am not a PLO expert. I think I can like kind of hold my own, you know a little bit. I mean that's questionable. But people play PLO way worse than people play hold like the bad like it's it's horrendous and PLO.
Speaker 2: Are you saying what the bad play is worse than the bad and Olema plays or do you mean the average PLO player.
Speaker 1: Is Yeah, I think people generally like have a grasp on the concept to hold them Yeah, And PLO people are just like like wildly all over the place.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I feel like I'm saying that thinking that I'm also probably bad in a lot of spots, but like not as bad as all some of this stuff is like I don't even know what these people are doing. I mean, they're just they really are just gambling, and I just I don't think you need to gamble all that much. But you know, whatever it is, what it is, it's it's entertaining to watch, that's for sure, and we're gonna see plenty of it starting on Tuesday. The other event winners as it pertains to the twenty twenty five Poker Masters, so we already touched on Coleman. He won that Poker Master's Million dollars Showcase. Then we had Mike Zolker, then we had Andrew Moreno, then we had Darren Olias, then we had China Reim. Is that what we talked about.
Speaker 2: I think we discussed do we.
Speaker 1: Talk about foxing or do we not talk about fox in? Well fox and one of at number six, whether or not we talked about in the last episode, I forget, but he won it at number six two hundred and seventy two thousand dollars Korea PGT title Yes, and we're going to get some more on Alex Foxon in a second number seven, Carrie Katz now wins it l Hefe win Ley won the fifteen K, the first fifteen K, there was two of them. Justin Saliba won the second fifteen K, and Justin Saliba had a great interview afterwards. He got emotional tears in his eyes, you know, very candid about everything and in the grind that is poker. That was absolutely incredible to see that emotion. I actually thought that all of the interviews that came out of this, we interviewed every winner, they were all incredible good. They were very, very very good, even.
Speaker 2: Even even carry Katz.
Speaker 1: I was like, I've tried to interview him before. He hits you with one word answers. He doesn't like being on video.
Speaker 2: But you said at the time when you finished, that's the best interview.
Speaker 1: That was the best interview so far for sure. And then you know, two events later, doesn't sleep. It just went and blew it out of the water. Brandon Wilson also interviewed him. He won the final events. As we mentioned, he did a deal with David Coleman. They ended up playing to a winner anyway, had some money left over, but Brandon Wilson for in sixty four thousand dollars for a win in that twenty five k all Things considered Fun series. Yeah, it was really good to have a pretty big sweat in terms of the numbers of players that were in contention for the purple jacket entering the final event, so that was good. Coleman had to finish I believe it was third, went on to finish second in that final event. You had Doug Lee at the final table. He was in contention as well, so there was a lot to play for you know, deep in the event, which is you know, really all we can ask for from a competition perspective when it comes to the race for the Purple Jacket. Alex Foxen was holding on to the lead in the race of the Purple Jacket for quite some time and then he just had to fade a whole bunch of people at the end and he did or sorry he didn't. Sorry my fault, he didn't. It got down to what was it. Dougley got third, Alex Foxon got second, Brandon Wilson got first. But once once it got to the final three, Boxon knew that he couldn't win anymore. Correct, Yeah, that was that. But as it relates to, Alex Foxon had a pretty good series, earned more than four hundred PGT points. He moved back up to the top of the PGT season long leader board. I believe he was at the top kind of towards the beginning of the season. Well he's back on top now. So the clear front runner for the PGT Player of the Year title. Along with that comes you probably get a trophy. Do you get a trophy? He does get a trophy, should get a trophy. It's a golf fight. There you go, you get a trophy, We'll try and get you on the cover of Card Player magazine, because that's what Jaremy Osmas was.
Speaker 2: That's the easy one.
Speaker 1: You get a fifty K PGT passport, You get that and you get to go into the PGT Championship then with the most chips another advantage, So a lot of stuff to play for as it relates to the PGT Player of the Year now. Also during the twenty twenty five Poker Masters, Alex Foxen became the first player to record one hundred PGT caches, most all time in that category. He also got his tenth PGT title as Tim mentioned earlier when he won event number six, and Foxton is oh so close to ten thousand career PGT points. He is the leader in that category as well, could become the first to get to ten k. I would say he's a favor to do it during PGTPLO series, Yeah right, I mean, unless he's gonna be going somewhere and not playing in the entire series. But I would imagine he is going to play it and gonna probably do well because he's Alex Foxon. He's an absolute crusher. Another storyline, Doug Lee I mentioned how he got third place in that finale. Doug Lee is on the PGT heater of a lifetime like this is just unbelievable. I just published a story today on PGT dot com done by Sean Chaffin. He spoke with Doug Lee about his that he's been on on the PGT and it actually dates back to before the PGT the five kwpt Venetian event. Yeah, he got into that event, he finished I think in the top twenty for like thirty three K, and then he said that he was basically going to use those funds as like a quasi satellite to then play some PGT stuff. Well, he won a three hundred and eighty dollars satellite to PGT Venetian, finished third for one hundred and twenty K, one a satellite to the Pokemaster Showcase, finished sixth for forty nine K, played a couple other PGT events, ultimately gets into the twenty five K finishes third there for two hundred and something K. You know, he cashed for like five hundred and eighty thousand dollars or something total on this run on the PGT over the last you know, month, month and a half or so. Just absolutely incredible stuff. And again there is an article an interviewer feature story with Doug Lead that Sean Chaffin did on PGT dot com. Would highly encourage you guys go give it a read.
Speaker 2: I didn't spot him in the PLOS highlight today, did you say it?
Speaker 1: I didn't, And he said in that article that he does very well on satellites and he usually wins a seat seventy to eighty percent of the time. So I don't know if he plans on not playing PLO. I don't know if he doesn't play polo. I feel like he does it, don't.
Speaker 2: We ask him and he says, yeah, I'll be here. I'll be back for the payoffs. So maybe he's he's too rich for satellite Maybe he's too rich for satellites now. Maybe he's too rich for satellites now. You never know, but I hope he's back because it's been a crazy success story to see him go through it. So shout out to Doug Lee there. PGT leaderboard update. We got Alex foxon on top. As I mentioned, Michael mcrocky is second, Samsoveral, third, Nick Shulman, fourth, Chino Reem, Adam Hendrix, Daniel Legrando, Andrew Liechtenberger, John w Wasnock and Jesse Lonis. That's the top ten. Two of those players, Michael the Grinderbins Rocky and John Wasnock, who have a lot of history, first and second place in the WSP maon event currently not qualified correct Now they have two cashes, they need a third. Was Wasnock has been grinding. I don't know if he plays PLO. I asked him. He said no.
Speaker 1: He was in Texas for the WPT of any Keep Run there. I think he got thirty third, thirty six or something like that. So he's out there grinding. He's out there chasing, you know. I know he did shoot us a message about when the True Classic res to Rich's event is, So I would guess we're going to see him there, I would an apt, Yeah, maybe an apt. I mean, I know it's I feel like it's a little bit steeper price point than he might normally play. But you know, the ten K should be okay, you know, like there's a couple of ten k's on there that that should be all right. Miss Rocky, I mean, who knows he can pop in here every now and then.
Speaker 2: He played one of the Bounty Blitz series and now he's been driving of Ben Lamb all around the world and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he's a Venetian too.
Speaker 2: He's then he was back leadership in Monda Jane and I Bounty Tournament the other week and playing cash games. So look, he knows, he knows what he needs. We kind of talked to him during the Heads Up Championship. He's aware of the schedule. He's obviously very close with some people that play here frequently, such as China reems, such as Jad Blessnik. So I would expect, you know, especially Blaz to probably convince him to come play some of these PLO events. And if we see Blaz, if we see Blaz for the five k s, which you never know with him, probably send him, Probably give him a little nudge, be like, hey, don't forget grinder needs one more Yeah, you know, try and get him down to play some events and make a run at winning another PGT title for the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I I think both of them will probably get it the third cash I mean, they're just they're grinding a lot of the stuff they're out there playing, so we'll see. It would be it would be great to have them both in there, you know. I think they've at least was not gonna certainly put in the volume. You know, Ms Rocky had the big summer, right, maybe not the same sort of volume that some of the other players on the PGT have put in, but you know we could see him getting was.
Speaker 2: They played, He catched the Venetian Maine, paid a couple of he played the Showcase, played the next five K, and I think he played the first ten k at pokem Masters. So definitely playing a bunch of events to try and get that third cash. But yeah, I agree, hopefully he does get it.
Speaker 1: Anything else on the PGT, lootle words stick out to you. I feel like I said, I feel like mcgran who he's in seventh place. He's been quiet. Yeah he's tumbled a couple of spots, but he's back.
Speaker 2: He'll be back for the PLO. You know, just outside that, you know that top ten where Kristen Foxon moved back up with a couple of people like Mike Zulker who you mentioned, you know, move up from that low forties. He's now seventeenth. You've obviously got some players, you know, tumbling down that didn't have a great didn't have a good Poker Masters or didn't attend, and now you know we're going to talk about the PLO series coming up. Some of those guys with those big PLO scores earlier in the year at PGT PLO series and at the World series that have tumbled down because they don't play really much else and this is their chance to you know, to creep back up, shoot back up into that top forty, or even make a run. You know, look at say Dylan Lindy sitting in eighteenth, the Tyra Guerrero sitting at forty, to make a run into the top ten, try and lock up their seat, you know, so they don't have to play anything else if they really don't want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, Sean Rafael, I've go here, Mickey Dueck as well. Richard Rico. You know he's in thirty fifth right now. I would assume he's going to be out here for the PGT PLO series. Somebody like a Matthew Woman who's currently.
Speaker 2: In forty first right on that fringe.
Speaker 1: I mean he's technically tied with Patrick Leonard.
Speaker 2: Yeah he if it was if we called it today, he'd be in would give him as spot.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, but he's going to be out here playing all the plo. Yeah, you know, a very good PLO player, So you know, would expect him to be out here battling and we'll see how he goes. Ben Tolleran's another one, you know, currently forty nine, so right there, So yeah, so we'll see. Jason Kuhn is an interesting one. You know, he won the PGT Championship a couple of years ago, I think twenty twenty two. You know, he hasn't done a ton on the PGT this year. He doesn't put in the biggest volume. He's basically a twenty five K plus player these days, and twenty five k might even be if he but he's got three cashes. He won the fifty K at the w SPF course that was a large chunk of his points. But he's fifty third, you know, he's less than one hundred points outside of the top forty. I would expect we see him for the twenty five Kpolo Finale and the hunter K Polo Super High Roll Level.
Speaker 2: I also expect him to play every PGT qualifying event at the NAPT loss mainly do obviously. So he's partnership with pocusas that being a pokusas Brandon event, you know, even the ten k, which may be out of his you know, buy and range. Yeah, he'll he'll, he'll probably play.
Speaker 1: All he he'll probably play the I mean not that accounts, but the five k in there, I would imagine he's in that. So yeah, you know, he's someone who you know, being a prior PGT champion and you know, I would love to see him get back in there once again. And then two names kind of not by coincidence that I'm mentioning these two because they all kind of roll together, Seth Davies and Jeremy ols is not far behind him. You know, Jeremy olism was reigning PGT Player of the Year, reigning PGG Championship winner. He's started to really pick up the pace in terms of like putting up bigger scores. He has a ton of cashes six sixteams. Yeah, but like the big scores have him been coming. He's got and eighty eight points right now.
Speaker 2: He's made seven Finnel tables. Only two of those final tables he's finished in the top three. Yeah, so he's definitely falling short of those big point opportunities. He's putting in that work. So you know, he's got the PLO series, he's got an APT, he's got a lot of events coming up that are really gonna be in his wheelhouse for him to make that run it. You know, probably can't catch Alex fox is gonna take a lot of work, but hey, at least getting to the championship to try and to fan you know, that title at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure anyone's gonna be able to catch Foxing. I mean he's got I mean, he's got a little bit over six innerd point lead over Sam so Overell, and I bring him up because I think Sam Silver is going to put in more volume than Michael mssjauki in second place. So not that Miss Rocky, couldn't you know, let's say come in for I don't know, the twenty five kp'll win the damn thing and then he's got a boat a little points. I mean that could obviously happen, But you know, Sam Soverll, Nick Shulman, China Reim Adam Hendrix, you know they're going to put in volume. So if they have some sort of crazy late surge, I mean it could happen. These guys all have a lot of success this year on the PGT. You know, Shulman is somebody who I feel like it's it's only a matter of time before Nick Shulman wins a series title. I can also say the same thing for Alex fox and Alex Foxen was so close with the jacket and then you know, he had to just fade things in the final event ultimately didn't get it. But you know, Foxing and Shulman one of the best players on the PGT of all time in terms of like cashes, money won, earning points, finishing in the top forty, if not you know, the top fifteen, top ten, all that sort of stuff. Shulman got second the championship event to Ozma's last season. Like you know, they are always, always, always just one of the best players, one of the best competitors on the PGT, but they don't have them like a series title. Yeah, they have individual tournament trophies, but they haven't like one USPO, they haven't won even like the mixed games. They haven't won Poker Masters, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So there's any four players that have multiple series titles. Shau went to China Rabe saving she'd wake David patis the most top five finishes from any playout not named Alex Chino rem got two wins, two thirds, two fourths Alex Series in the series. Yeah, series leaderboards, Alex Foxon two seconds, three thirds, a fourth and two fifths. There's eight top five finishes in series leaderboards. But yet, obviously to break through to get that, I still.
Speaker 1: Wish we did the Grand Slam idea or the Triple Crown idea.
Speaker 2: I wish we did it.
Speaker 1: I wish we had a bonus for that.
Speaker 2: Find us some more money and we'll creative bonus.
Speaker 1: I don't need I don't need to find more money. I need to reallocate current money. Okay, that's what That's what you have, all right, So I guess that's kind of enough PGT talk. You guys can obviously check everything out at PGT dot com. There's a leaderboard page. We got the PGTPLO series starting on Tuesday, October fourteenth. There are ten events there. We're going to get into that next, but of course you guys can follow along with everything on at PGT dot com and then the final three final tables from the series will be live streamed on poker Go PGTPLO series. Why don't you, why don't you tell us what we got? We're going to play some plo. So it's called the PILO series. And you know this is pretty much copy pay schedule of March.
Speaker 2: Players loved it, got no complaints, So say hey, let's run this back ten events binds ranging from fifty one hundred all the way up to twenty five two hundred. We made one change. We switched the five eventus. A five was a five K PLO progressive bounty. We switched that to a quadra. Now we saw a lot of success during the bounty series and a lot of favorable responses about the quatro. So, for you guys at home, the top the twenty five the final twenty five percent of the field gets paid and gets paid equal share of the bounty. So in this case, five K, two thousand dollars allocated to the bounty prize. Fool from me, gentry. So once we get to that final twenty five percent, everyone's going to win a K for every knockout. You know, it basically means that when you boss, if you or you enter late, none of the money out of price Pol's gone. It's all reserved for once registration's closed. That's kind of an important part of the bounties. Obviously there is a place for progressive bounties in PLO and Mystery Bounie's same kind of concept. Money isn't taking out of the prize punto registration's close. So yeah, that's the one change we're doing this year. We're doing quadro Bownie as event too, but yeah, I'm looking forward to it. It's it is one of our most heavily attended series. You got people coming from all walks of this world looking forward to just yeah, just trying to hit some big numbers. Last sees opening event. So March is opening about one hundred and sixty four entrants, then one fifty nine fifty nine, so that kind of shows the popularity you know of part limit Omaha, and that was in March when we were missing a substantial amount of players. So you know, hey, if we can get at least one fifty to open the series this year, the record we have is two hundred in that first event. Don't think we'll get that. There is a competing PLO series over in Europe. At me right now, let's go to see some players.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I look through the chip couns because they are doing updates on dot com, and uh, I didn't recognize any names that I feel like would miss this series.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, I.
Speaker 1: Mean maybe there's a couple in there that I missed. I I did a quick glance last night. Where the where where are the updates dot com?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like they it's called like the ten K Championship or whatever.
Speaker 2: That Grand Slam Malta. Yeah, undress, No, he hasn't played here.
Speaker 1: He hasn't played here. M on. No, I mean there's names I recognized, but there's there's no no one that I've I would know, is.
Speaker 2: No regular for the P So I.
Speaker 1: Agree, I didn't see I didn't see Latar Guerre, I didn't see Yoni. You can mine like you know.
Speaker 2: I expect all those guys to be playing this Ye.
Speaker 1: No, I know, but I'm saying like I could have saw them because that that is also that's pretty time, pretty well, that's timed pretty well coming off of EPT Malta. So it's you know for some big PLO players, some big players in general. That's there's a decent little swing between EPT Malta. A lot of high buying stuff there, and then obviously this Grand Slam series.
Speaker 2: People I see here that you no have this three people. I say on the butto of the player, because I me Yankov, He's played a lot of events. Leonard Yanovski, he played the last series. That was his first time. Robert Cohen hasn't been here for a little while, but we talked during the summer. I tried to be like, can you come back, and he's like, just hasn't tied well in the recent years. So he said, I'm going to try this, yere, but I can't promise any thing. So if we can get those three, you know, maybe they'll make a run for the second half of the week when the Bayans kick up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they make a run for the second half of the week. Maybe they do the second half plus Super High roll Little PLO, you know, something like that. That would be great to see. Speaking of Super High Rollerball, yeah, I mean that's gonna be a big event too, Yes it is. Once again, butting right up to everything, I mean, do you expect a big turnout there? Like, what what do you expect? Super High Rollable PLO.
Speaker 2: First year Jared Bosnik top to thirty eight entrant field. The following year we made some changes, including day two entry slash re entry. We had set Davies topping forty two entrants, so I would like to at least beat forty two. I think forty five is a good number to aim for. Don't want to get too carried away, so let's get eighty. I know a couple of players not attending. So there's a couple of entrants.
Speaker 1: Who who is not Who do we have to yell at?
Speaker 2: Eljefe himself? Carry Katz's not attending? God, Brent Kenny not attending.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine not attending your own tour?
Speaker 2: He has something, it's busy. It's his words.
Speaker 1: Like I said, could you imagine not attending your own tour, especially when you need points? He does need especially when you need points.
Speaker 2: Those who are not attending, and you know they have played every year. So that's two entries gone back. Look, it's been trending up, Pelow in general around the world trending up. So let's hope we get you know, the same field plus a few new entrants. We got some maybe some new people traveling variance falls our way. You know, if you know in the way of re entries, et cetera. Hopefully the satellite. You know, the previous years, the satellite is yielded to two seats each time, so maybe this year we can get that to three. Let's see how that goes. But yeah, it's going to be a good event, biggest buying PLO event in the world along. I mean, it's shared, they're buying shared with people. But we were the first.
Speaker 4: We were the first looking forward to looking forward to a pretty big you know, two weeks of four card action here in the podcast with new trophies that not here yet the office.
Speaker 1: Okay, I hope they hope they're cool.
Speaker 2: I hope they're good. You already don't like them. We already complain about the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I have some complaints. I always have complaints. Yeah, I'm a complainer. I'm on Team Complain. Now Team Complain. I see all these people out there complain, complain, complaining, and win poker tournament. So I'm switching to team complain. I'm going to complain all the time and hopefully I win a poker tournament. That's the plan. If you want to complain, then do so while you submit for the PGT True Classic Rags to Riches Giveaway because your poker story could see you coming out to Las Vegas and playing in an event right here at the Pokerer Studio. Fifteen packages are being given away five thousand dollars. Each gets you a thirty three hundred dollars. Buying it gets you five hundred dollars travel voucher, and it gets you hotel for up to three nights. It is the PGT True Classic Rags to Riches Tournament scheduled for December second through fifth, Multi flight event two starting days. Then we'll have Day two, then we'll have the final table. If you want to try and win a seat again, there are fifteen seats being given fifteen packages being given away. True Classic tas dot com slash tcpoker go completely free to enter. All they're asking is you go there, you talk about your poker store, You know how poker impacted your life, what motivated you to get into the game. If you've got maybe a funny story that involves how your grandparents got you started or something. I don't know, whatever it is, I read through. I've been reading through a bunch of the stories that they've been coming in. Some really incredible stuff out there. So if you have an inspiring story, if you want to tell us about your journey, please do so. True classicts dot Com slash tcpoker go again. Fifteen people are going to win a five thousand dollars package to come out to Las Vegas and play in the event. So that's pretty incredible there. Open to US residents only, must be twenty one or older because of course you have to come play the tournament here in Las Vegas. Deadline to enter that one is coming up October twenty seventh, two thousand and twenty five this year, so coming up soon again. The events in early December. PGT Fantasy Baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's smart Lewis Spence.
Speaker 1: Well, at least you can drop him. Then Bob's current teams. So Tim and I did a draft of five players each to start the second half of the PGT season. After every season we do a little kind of weird like you can drop one player, add one you got a lock too, then you can possibly switch with someone on the other team. PhD points are the scoring. My team right now is Jeremy Osmons, Jeremy Becker, Nick Shulman, Sam Laskowitz, and Andrew Lichtenberger. Yeah, you have China reemsams overall, John Reard and Michael Burke and Lewis Spencer.
Speaker 2: Did Michael Burke do with the pokemosis? He's letting me? Damn?
Speaker 1: He didn't play like the second half of it. I have eleven hundred and forty five points. You have seven hundred and thirty seven. So I'm up a bit there. All right, I'm up four hundred and whatever, four oh seven to four eight. We got to drop one and add one, and you're obviously behind, so you can go first, drop one together. Okay, you're dropping Lowis Spencer. Who are you adding?
Speaker 2: I have a lot of names to choose from. I have some intel, Oh god, intel no text message.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that means, but okay, I.
Speaker 2: Means I got tall. Someone's on their way here, So I'm gonna take that person.
Speaker 1: The name better be phil Ivey.
Speaker 2: No, no, okay, it was going to be a player that was in the satellite. Okay, but I'm not going to take him. Okay, taking Michael juwek Oh, Mickey Dueck, Yeah, taking Michael Duk.
Speaker 1: So you're dropping Spencer.
Speaker 2: You get out of here, Louis Spencer. You have fake one day trip to Las Vegas. Fooled me, you bluffed me. I need to find.
Speaker 1: And Mickey duek okay, I'm going to.
Speaker 2: You have an easy jump thom See.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I do I have. It's between two people. I'm going to drop Sam Lasquez.
Speaker 2: We have both talked to Becca because that was the other person I think about him. I literally talked to him the other day, but he was like, may I may my, maybe I'll come Like, I don't think you're going to get a single buying Adelasquez. You may get one bullet out of Becker.
Speaker 1: I only I am going to get any out of Becker but for the vibe because he gives me ship every time.
Speaker 2: But he gives me ship.
Speaker 1: If not, jam Me, I am not dropping you for p l O. Please show up for the three five case. Please come on. It's it's four cards. If you need a crash course, it's not that difficult. I'm telling you. These people play this game off.
Speaker 2: But they also getting for an APT.
Speaker 1: Yeah exactly, but Lasko, it's Fran but we're gonna do another drop another drop ad before an APT, so it's fine. So I can always add last back maybe unless you know you you do it. This one I think is gonna be a little bit of a gamble.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Actually it's not. I have to just I'm gonna have to take Alex Fox. I have to take Alex Fox. Sure, I was thinking about taking somebody else.
Speaker 2: But here are you thinking? Because I'll tell you, Michael Wang, Oh, I was never on my list. Here were the people on my list? Yea, Dylan Weisman, right, because you're going to get you got to think about the hundred k and the two to twenty five case, right, Dylan.
Speaker 1: Alex Fox?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I think Actually Alex fants to fine U n you know Ronks you got uh Josh. I was one who I was leaning towards for a little while, and I was like, Grando's back, But is he back? You know what I mean? I couldn't tell you so, like I I he was on the very he was on the fire and is he back?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, has he been sitting on the sidelines for too much? I don't know. Man, you know it's hard, all right, you gotta lock two players and then I'll lock to I.
Speaker 2: Don't need to lock the guy. I dropped right away.
Speaker 1: No, No, Mickey Dueg and Alex Oxen are not involved in this next part of this.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm gonna lock definitely. Okay, this is a gamble. He did just wait, Tom Bracelet right.
Speaker 1: I think so?
Speaker 2: Maybe you think so?
Speaker 1: I mean if my list is correct with who the names are, then yes, I feel like.
Speaker 2: You order it is more likely to play the one hundred k than Chino would be. Right. So I'm gonna lock King John.
Speaker 1: Okay, I I am locking. We know you're looking Osmas and Shulman. All right, so if you want to switch, you can switch with one of mine.
Speaker 2: I can switch any player.
Speaker 1: No, you can. You can either take Jeremie Becker or Andrew Lichtemburger and give me either China Ream or Michael Burke.
Speaker 2: I'll give you back, and I'll take Lucky CHOWI.
Speaker 1: Give you Burke and I'll This is so annoying.
Speaker 2: I mean, I have to because Lucky che At least plays some PLO.
Speaker 1: I understand.
Speaker 2: I don't think bucks see this is the whole switch thing is kind of I think, kind of silly, though, I don't know we should do the switch thing.
Speaker 1: No, it's great because.
Speaker 2: It's because you should just do the same thing back. Yea, but see what you know what?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not going to I mean, I'm Max Gamble with j Becks on my team, Max Gamble. I should switch Jamie Becker for China. I should. I hope the dear god Jeremy is listening to this movie. I hope, Jeremy. This is the dumbest thing I've ever done in fantasy.
Speaker 2: This is my chance.
Speaker 1: You better make it fucking count. But you better make it count, all right. So that's what we got. The new teams entering the PGT PLO series and Super High Rollable PLO are. I have Jeremy Osmas, Jeremy Becker, Nick Shulman, UH, Michael Burke, and I added Alex foxon UH, Tim has Chin o'reem Sam's over, John Riard and Andrew Lichtenberger, and he added Mickey Dueck. Tim's team for this series is way better than my team. But it doesn't matter because I got the big guns. I got Ozma's, I got Shulman, I got Alex Fox.
Speaker 2: Do you have a great team heading into n apt though? I have?
Speaker 1: I have stars and scrubs af.
Speaker 2: Wow, you just called it. Jeremy Becker a scrub.
Speaker 1: When it relates to PLO yes, okay on the grand scheme of things, no, But as it relates to PLO yes okay. All right, So that's that. That gets the PGT fantasy out of the way. As always, if you guys have any comments on on our fantasy teams, let us have it. Podcast at pokerro dot com is the email. You can also hit us up on it Twitter.
Speaker 2: Were inside of code word here? Yeah, go ahead, Yeah, gonna be guys. You've got seventeen days until we draw a winner to win the dream This is one of those eight ways to get a dream system, one of the eight ways. This is the pul podcast way to represent us PGT dot com. You have already gone through this. I'm not giving you any more the code word what's a good number? How many tickets should we give away? We've given away like thirty three, twenty five? Risis, we're going big, We're gone real big. What do you want to do?
Speaker 1: Thirty five?
Speaker 2: That's so funny because you know how I was going to make the code word name Becker Good.
Speaker 1: That's exactly why I picked thirty. His favorite hand is three five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, So you use the code word Becker b e c. Okay, thirty five tickets in the jow the most we've given away. That's a lot of tickets.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And you could represent the proper podcast in the PGT million doll the championship.
Speaker 1: I've said there you go, moving on, done with all the PGT talk. We're gonna switch it over to the WPT. We're gonna talk about Shooting Star because it is back. They brought it back back to Bay one oh one. It is a fifty three hundred dollars championship event that runs well. The championship event itself runs October twenty fourth through twenty eighth. They are doing one of those weird things where the final table is in Las Vegas. It's gonna be either did I until I looked it up. I find the whole final table in Las Vegas. Think silly? Okay, And when it happened, I happened to be working for the WPT. I told them it was silly at the time. I still think it's silly. I mean, I know why they do it. Saves a lot of money to do it that way. In my opinion, you should be giving a lot more money back then to the WPT. To the players in in one way, shape or form if you're saving that much money. The one part that I found was a little bit weird with it is if you win that event, you get a seat to the WPT World Championship. But that final table takes place on December nineteenth, which is after the wt World Championship closes the registration, so it must.
Speaker 2: Be for next year. But yeah, that makes sense. Yeah, but still that's like a little silly.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you want wouldn't you want all the WPT champions from this season in the WPT Championship event at the win?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Correct, I agree. I also thought this event was wasn't a seventy five hundred back in the day. Wasn't like a weird price point like that, because I think that was part of the bounty thing. Look look at that part of the look I went once, it's it's funny because it has it'll be interesting to see what it's like this year. You know, it's obviously being gone for a little while. Now it's back. But Bay one to one it was always one of those events where if you watched it on the old WPT broadcast, you saw and I'm about to talk about if you've ever been there, you know what I'm talking about, where they're legit, dozens and dozens of fans like around the tournament area. Many of them have like binders of photos that they want you to sign, like it's it's pretty crazy, Like you don't see that anywhere, And it was apparent, you know, I saw it on the broadcast many times. I've seen you until media and whatnot. I was there once and I saw it.
Speaker 2: So it was a last one was seventy five hundred, but it has also been ten k as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so just that the fifty three hundred price point was a little bit. I thought it was different, right, and it is different. Yeah, So but that that's fine whatever. Fifty three hundred is still pretty hefty buying in today's world. So all good there, All right, So I was able to put together who I think is the full list of shooting stars. Now maybe I missed some, but let's let's hit on this list because I know that there's a lot that was always made of like people who got invited to the National Heads Up Poker Championship. Is there like the same I haven't seen it out there? Is there a lot of complaining about this too, like you didn't get invited as a shooting Star. I haven't seen it personally.
Speaker 2: I no, I don't know. I haven't seen much. You know, you look at the list, you're going to go through. It stars is going to be an in better commas. But I don't think you. I think they're like funding these buyings, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, I won't get into that. I've heard various things.
Speaker 2: I think they.
Speaker 1: That I have not heard anyone like getting a full buy that could I mean there could be people like that, you know, I just haven't heard that. It's it's a different offer, is what I've heard. But I mean you do get compensated in one way, shape or form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to assume a lot of these guys seem to be stars, but I'm going to buy in themselves, and maybe they're getting like some hotel rooms.
Speaker 1: My first thought was this is wouldn't it be simple and also a perfect brand tie in that the Shooting Stars are all WPT champions?
Speaker 2: Ye?
Speaker 1: Like that's why wouldn't that just be it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: So then you reach out to all the champions, you say, hey, you can come out here, here's the offer whatever, and then you're trying to shoot a star and you're trying to, you know, take a bounty on a WPT champ. I think that that is a very nice brand, Mesh. Yes, let me read these names. Lonnie Huey, Angelo Jordison, Ari Engele Blair, Henkle, Cherish Andrews, Jared Jaffy, Jeff Mattson, Nick Rigby, Ronnie Bartos, Stephen Song, Turbo Win, Victoria liftsh It's China Raim, Chris Mormon, Esther Taylor, Jamie cursed Ter, Jesse, Lonis, Kathy Liebert, Mike Madison, Noah Schwartz, Toby Lewis, Tony as Loony and he won. I think like the they had like a qualifier tournament, not the shooting stars, but like the rising stars. I think he might have won that to get in. Tyler Patterson, James Carroll, Jeff Platt, David, Odi B. Baker, schwanlu Kenna, James, David Williams, Matt Salzburg, for Oz, Jocko, Shannon Shore, Adam Hendrix, Greig Mueller, Nicky Limo, Lily Coletto, Eric Linger and Kitty Quo, Chance Corneth, Frankie Kucciara Aka Frankie c Reniah, Nezradine, Jesse Yagaum Jose Canseco, Darren Olias, Tony Dunce, and Scott Stewart. Oh and Phil Helmyth was on my next page.
Speaker 2: Can thirteen champs?
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do that.
Speaker 2: Whatever, Well, I think that's alas good that there's at least thirteen so champions.
Speaker 1: Initially I saw the list and now, listen, I had to go through like multiple Instagram posts to like put this list together. So if who I'm about to see is a shooting star and I missed it, forgive me, don't kill me. But first thing that jumps out, where's fal Ivey?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: One, he's a WPT champion? Great Two? Isn't he an ambassador?
Speaker 2: He's a Yeah club Doug Polk? Where's Doug Polk? Now?
Speaker 1: Of course this could Now this is like when when people said to us about national heads up, you know, where's Ivy, where's Helmuth, where's Negron?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: And you know scheduling conflicts whatnot, like like they could have certainly been like, hey, Phil, are you available? And he's like no, I can't, like we don't know all that information. But initially I say I don't see Falivey. I don't see Doug Polk, I don't see Brad Owen, I don't see Rampage, I don't see Wolfgang. All of them, all of them are ambassadors for WPT in one way shape for maybe it's a Club t Gold, maybe it's WPT Global, whatever it is, and I think that those would be big draws.
Speaker 2: It could be a marketing strategy that could be holding these guys until, like say, the week leading into it, to really create some more bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, what I'll say to that is sorry to cut you off. But the last Instagram post that I saw was like this rounds out like the Shooting Stars, So it would tell me that it's done.
Speaker 2: Got it again?
Speaker 1: Maybe I missed these people in a post somewhere.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're on there, but maybe they were part of the original announcement. These ambassadors will be there, maybe stars to be announced. I don't know, but yeah, you would expect at least four of those five names to be locks to play. Obviously Ivy contradict, but like, I don't see why. You know, Paul can Owen, you know that would be there. Obviously, Rampage and Wolfgang same thing. So yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm just like Gus. I'm just surprised to see that. I like having a nickery being there. I think that that's that's pretty great, you know. I do think so Scott Stewart is in there, so there is a name you're missing. I think I like having Scott Stewart in there. Obviously won the WG World Championship last a seven. Now what about Elliott Hudon who won the the first year, Like I would like to see him in there too.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, maybe they reach out to some of these people. Maybe they're in there, maybe they're not. Who are you looking for? Just tell me the final table, the main, the final table, the main?
Speaker 2: What year this year? No? Jared Jared mc guinea, Yeah, didn't because when he won his Bahamas seat, he said I'm not going. And then I swore I saw something on Twitter where it's like, okay.
Speaker 1: It was like I'm not going I'm going to wpt here yet.
Speaker 2: But then I saw they I swear I saw something where they announced him as a shooting style.
Speaker 1: See that's like that.
Speaker 2: This is why I'm on the I wish I wish I could just go to find the list, you know, Shooting Stars dot Com, WPT slash Shooting Stars or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish I could just go to WPT dot com and I wish I could just click, you.
Speaker 2: Know, the event, and it has already has them in the chip counts or something.
Speaker 1: Maybe this is it. Jeff Platt, David Baker. Yeah, I'm not going through all these there's all these different volumes. Bounty Spotlight volume one through it looks like ten on WPG dot com. That's a lot to go through.
Speaker 2: WPT October six. He will henceforth be referred to as WPT guy, Jaredman, Jennie and the newest WPT shooting st Casino.
Speaker 1: He's in there.
Speaker 2: So but like, yes, all the graphics I'm looking out of the same ones. You know you've named it at Jared, I.
Speaker 1: Guess, I mean, I'm not adding it's just a talking point.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just thought it would be easier if you just had all the champions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I guess, what's the goal of the shooting stuff do you want people to have?
Speaker 1: I didn't have michaelmas Rocky on there, right, I didn't or did I know he's in there too? I believe I believe he was the first one announced. I'm I'm actually weirdly surprised not to see will Casoof.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, obviously he's very polarizing.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, Savage has kind of been talking about how, you know, the the wil Casus stuff. He I think in Cyprus they were he was talking about how he had like a sit down with him, like all that sort of stuff, so I thought, you know, maybe he gets an invite then, right. Also, I think it's kind of in vain with like the new brand positioning of WPT in that they're kind of trying to stir the pot at times, and.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone's gonna stir the pot much more than then We'll miss Brian Altman.
Speaker 1: He's he's a crusher.
Speaker 2: Fweur time Champ, right, three time Champ.
Speaker 1: I think it's three, it's two or three. I mean obviously the biggest one with six out is phil Ivey, like I just thought he would be. I thought he would almost be announced as number one. It should, I mean, but again, maybe he has, you know, prior commitments or whatever. I'm sure we'll we'll hear about it that we're talking about it also on this you know, the the final table being moved to Las Vegas in December. Getting back to my point about like if anyone's ever been there, they know the atmosphere of this event. I think you really miss out on that moving it out of Bay one on one and putting it in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Does that mean you the skip playing the main event? Yeah, in Vegas it's fold day five.
Speaker 1: No, because the WPT World Championship here goes like whatever till the nineteenth, and then.
Speaker 2: There's not day day five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean whatever, they'll I'm sure they'll make some sort of accommodation here, it's obviously, and then that final table plays out on the twenty first, so I think I think we'll be okay there. But yeah, I just that atmosphere there at Bay one on one was always one of the coolest, most electric atmospheres in any poker tournament not named the WSP main event, So, you know, removing it from that area I think is a little bit of a knock. But I am excited to see WPT Shooting Star back. It's it's one of my favorites. I do think wish that we would get you know, LAPC back, Blagio five, diamondback. I want those those marquee wpts to come back. I don't know if they ever will. Maybe this is a sign of first ones to come, you know, but we'll see. And then, speaking of big marquee poker tournaments, WSP Europe just wrapped up. Okay, So, and I know why you're saying that, and I know why you're laughing. And I've I had many messages come my way saying like, hey, did you know what WSP Europe was happening. I think I've said this many times on this podcast or wherever, but I feel like I'm as tapped in as anyone in the industry. I was not aware WSP Europe was happening until I saw on social media that Martin Cabrell want to brace it, and that was like events into the schedule. I had no idea.
Speaker 2: I knew it was on. I just didn't really didn't care because I was following it from the start.
Speaker 1: But I mean, so that is that a problem.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Let me say first is that I don't really think numbers looked that down.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I looked at some of the numbers, they looked like they were all right, overall. Now the main event, it was eight seventeen in twenty twenty three, then it was seven sixty eight last year, and then this year was six fifty nine last year to this year. That's a fourteen percent decrease. So and also that trend of you know, dropping for two consecutive years. So yeah, I don't know, it's just.
Speaker 2: To me.
Speaker 1: WSP Europe was like it was the w s AP, but it was like an ultra luxurious, high end model of the WSP. It was in a super high end location. You know, London was expensive to go to. They had it in can that was incredible, like you know, all that sort of stuff. The euro or the pound compared to the dollar made everything bigger. Like I don't know, it was just more luxurious, it was sexier. It was it was the designer brand WSP. And now I just I can't help but think in a lot of ways it's an afterthought and I I hate it because I love the doubis B Europe. I think it's so cool. Right, all that's happened with ws A P Europe this year. It also came with the fact that they are moving it next year. Yeah, moving two things, one location, two timeframe. They're going to be moving it from King's Casino and Rozudov to the Hilton Prague, which Prague is incredible to go to if you've been there for a poker tournament. But it is taking place March thirty first through April twelfth. I mean, you're the guy that you understand tournament schedules. I don't think better than anyone, So like, how do you feel about that time?
Speaker 2: So it's really bad?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I will trust you. I initially saw that one. It's basically right on top of the Irish Poker Open, yeah, which is a very popular now it doesn't have the big big buy ins like w B Europe does, but still very very popular. That runs March twenty six through April sixth isn't this also right around seminal? Like, isn't there a seminal event?
Speaker 2: There's a few events. Okay. First thing we have to discuss is that, you know, I've never been to the Hilton Prague. You might be a very popular place, so convention space. This may be the only window they have. So if that is the case and so true, let's pretend it is not the only window they have going against the Irish Poke re Open is bad, especially if you're in a competing country right or continent right Europe. Now, if let's say the ASI millions will probably discuss what's happening and you went over the top of that, that's fine. You know, Australia Europe. Twenty four hour flight doesn't really matter the fact that you were a couple hours difference from a fly and you're really forcing people that live in Spain, England, Ireland everywhere in Europe to make a decision between you know, Irish Poke re Open, which is a very popular spot popular stop sorry, and WSP Europe is pretty tough. Now, what I will say is that looking at the schedules, it is likely that the WSP Europe Main event will start at the very tail end of Irish Poke Reperence, so meaning you can go play the Irish pokeer Open main event and then you can also play the WSP Europe Main Event, but that means you missed the first week of side events because they overlap. Here. For Americans, it's likely to be pretty safe that you can go to both Irish Poker Open is at this stage going to overlap a little bit of our plo series. That's fine. WSP Europe probably going to overlap a little bit of our US Poker Open. But for players, you know, it's expensive to play poker, so you're gonna have to make a choice whether you want to go WSP Europe because if you are American, like I said, you have a PLO series. If you're a Pelo player, you have our Usbro but something more affordable that kind of fits more with what WSP Europe do will do. Schedule wise, you have Seminal Hard Rock Poker Showdown. That main event starts April twenty fourth. You touched on kind of the dates for that. The Bourgade Spring Open and Why these guys Always like to Battle is another podcast for another day that overlaps the Seminal Hard Rock as well. That starts April twenty second. And if you're Australian, you know, Australians don't really travel that much anymore. But Buzzimillions coming back April twenty fourth, so there is a lot of stuff going on. You know, you got the Double Clash in Europe, you got the Double Clash Triple Clash kind of if you consider us too here in the USA, so it's really tough and like you could definitely if they had a lot more availability. You know what would have made sense to me. You just move WSP Europe a few weeks earlier, start of March. You can immediately follow EPT Paris and then you can lead You've got one, two, three to three in a bit weeks to run WSP Europe. Then you can go into the Irish Poke group. And then you don't jeopardize any field sizes. You don't force players to pick or choose. You're gonna have players come to Europe right and think about it. You know it's going to be if you're from the East coast something it's cold. You get to go to Paris in February March and then you can go to Prague and then you can go to Ireland. That seems like a pretty fun trip. So if they had moved it a month earlier, it would have been perfect. It would also been during the American spring break, which is you know, if you think if you're if you've got a family, you may take them a little trip to Prague. Not a bad idea too. So yeah, I hate the time slot. I'm assuming though, I'm going to say it right now, numbers will go up because I think you because people can play both the Irish proc ope at Maine and the WSP Europe main most likely that should be fine. New location is always going to be a trend up. Nothing super heavy competing with it here in America, but yes, if you've got a limit a bankroll, you're going to really have to pick or truths.
Speaker 1: I used to love when I want to say it was EPT London, then WSP Europe, then EPT Monte Carlo. We're like literally back to back to back, and you could you just traveled them like I would go for Poke News and we would just go to all of them like it was and maybe it was maybe it was EBTC and Remo, then WSP Europe, than Manco, whatever it was. It was like three three basically in a row. And you know, I think I think tours should look to do that more often. And that doesn't necessarily mean that they need to be talking to one another, but seeing when stuff is on the schedule and then butting up against it, which I think we're seeing now with that that PLO series in Malta, you know, right on the tail end, butting up against EPT Malta, right, So you're very likely going to have some carryover, so I would like to see that with with some of these big series like this. I do think it's going to go up in attendance because I think Prague is going to be a better place to draw players. You know, we've just heard that roz would Off is a chore to get to and people don't want to go there, so I would imagine they want to go to Prague. I guess my one question coming out of this change in time is, so what's going to happen in the second half of the year. Are we going to run back another w SP Europe? Is it going to go somewhere else, you know, like because remember they had w SP Europe and WSP Asia Pacific you know, on either side of the WSP in the summer, like you know, now we have Paradise. So are are we going to have something or is it just going to be you know, springtime WSP Europe then the summer WSP. Then we're just gonna have to wait till December for WSP Paradise or is there going to be something in between WISP and Vegas.
Speaker 2: And WSB Paradise. You want to hear it first.
Speaker 1: I want to hear it first.
Speaker 2: WSP macaw baby, Are you serious? Yes, Okay, I feel like this move is perfect. I mean, if it is a macaw like not a thing in poker anymore. Fine, WSP, JJU, WSP Japan, WSP Asia Pacific. You know, obviously JJU is a spot that you know, a lot of the high rollers around the world, Americans Europeans have been before to play TRENT events. Obviously WSP have a partnership with Tridon. I could definitely see, you know, if you look at the September October schedule, the big event you obviously have is you have trying one into try and jdrew which is early September. Why couldn't you run trading jjrew straightened a WSP, you know, WSP Asia, whatever they want to call it, WSP JJRE or that Try and Stop is now has WSP events in it. So it's kind of like the opposite to Paradise, where there's a few trying events you kind of flip it, right, that's the deal, where so tryon is running and you have say three or four WSB Bracelet events, you know some of that. So I could see that definitely happening. You know, I've talked to people a WSP and we've kind of heard down the grapevine that you know, they want to expand they want to do more stops. So this, to me would make a lot of sense to more stops. Can you do? Man? You can do one every month easily. Like the circuit. You have the circuit.
Speaker 1: But that's what I mean is that the circuit is running. Like sometimes there's multiple circuit events happening at the same time. And like right now even on WSP dot com here in the States, they have their Bracelet series, and they have a circuit series, and they have what's called the online Championships all running simultaneously. I look in the lobby, I have no idea what's going on. Half the time, just just click enter and I mean basically I do. But it's like it's just it's just a lot, you know. It's like, can't we space all this out?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think they you know, need to, you know, like if it just like we had that conversation today about you know, winn and Venetian and everything that happens in Vegas, and there's there's stuff for us to choose all the time. We can go to South Point, we can go to the Horseshoe, we go wherever you want to play poker and get your fix. It's kind of up to you what you want to play or what place you like. And just because the WSP brand, I don't see why they can't do something similar and have you know at that those price points offer more and more. Now, if you're Sean Deep, yes you may be the guy that goes to all of them to bring those that bracelet count up. But if you're a josh Aiah, for example, you may just also be selective choose. I'm gonna choose Paradise. I'm gonna choose WSP Vegas, and I'm good with that, you know, So it's it's still personal choice. You kind of offer the market, and the market will tell you if there's a need there. Now, if they run try and JJ and it bombs, then they go, okay, that didn't work, kind of like Asia Pacific only the last two years. If you run WSP JJU and it crushes because everyone from Try and stays and more people come, then you keep it like you don't know until the market is going to tell you when you run.
Speaker 1: It yeah, I'm almost so interested if they ever go to Brazil, you know, I think that that could be massive for them. WSP Brazil, I think would be freaking enormous, And now I think you would.
Speaker 2: Can you play j there? I think so you should just yeah, you should run WSP wherever you can.
Speaker 1: That's kind of wherever you can play GG. Yeah, I mean yeah, that's you know, it makes sense. But as part of the series the spup that just wrapped up, we had Daniel Piden winning the SUP main Events one point four million euros, a former EBT Berlin winner in twenty thirteen. I think he's finished in the top ten of EBT Berlin two other times. In addition to that EPT Berlin win. So crusher there Sean Deep won the twenty five KGG millions for his what's that eight that heat getting a little bit of flak from some people because it was only thirty eight thirty eight entries. Yeah, but everyone.
Speaker 2: People gave shit to Ivy for winning the uh the mixed event in Australia that had something like that too.
Speaker 1: You yeah, I mean whatever, but that's part that's part of it, I understand.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: My stance is that you know, I know people say allline bracelets don't count. The only live ones count. These don't count if they only have certain players. Whatever my stance is and forever will be. If the operator says that they're bracelets, they're bracelets.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now we can debate if it's a good use of your trophy, which you know, we uphold as the most prestigious prize in the game, you know, or if we should you know, treat them a little bit better. We can debate that part of it. But if the operator says it's a bracelet, it's a bracelet. So sewande want to brace it. Doesn't matter if it had you know, three players, or if it had three hundred and eighty or thirty eight, doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: He want to raise it.
Speaker 1: Martin Cabrell won the ten k PLO Mystery Bounty. Renngi Mao won the five k POO. Now, I actually I kind of don't like that mystery bounty tournaments are bracelet events. I kind of don't like that. I don't know why, I just it's just something about me. Mystery bounties feel like a lottery and like, on one side you have this crazy prize pool, but then you're also playing a tournament for a bracelet, Like I don't know that that rubs me more wrong than you know, Shawnde winning a thirty eight entry field.
Speaker 2: Really, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: I just feel I feel kind of weird, like I would I would rather and I listen. I know why mystery boundies are popular. They're widely popular. I don't like to play them. I'll play them online because they're super soft, but like I won't play them live. I wish that these were pko's. I think it's just such a better format. It's more like a competitive tournament format, more pure in that sense. So yeah, I just with the mystery bounty format. My issue is like they just take so much money out of the prize pool and it's kind of just silly. And it's like we see it every year. We see it every year at the WSP with that the Mystery Millions, you know, where it's like we celebrate these guys that won the mystery Bounty pools, and we just forget about the person that won the bracelet, like we do who won the bracelet? We don't even know. I know your boy wonted two years ago, or did he win this last year, the Aussie guy two years ago. But it's like we just talked about we talk about the guy who won the pie Gout Jackpot in Tyler Montoya, who won the two mystery Boundy, Like yeah, like that's what we talk about more. And it's like, but these tournaments are supposed to be for the bracelets, right.
Speaker 2: But if if all that money went to the prize pool and some guy won two million dollars, would we talk about that or do we talk more about the hall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talk about how some guy won two million dollars from a one K buy and and be twenty thousand entry. That's what we would talk about.
Speaker 2: Some guy just putting his hand in a treasure chest pulling on a million dollars is kind of cool. Yeah, it drives the clicks.
Speaker 1: I understand it drives the clicks, but it also drives the clicks for twenty four hours. I mean, that's the new cycle we live in, Like everything's gone in twenty.
Speaker 2: Four hours, especially at the World Series anyway.
Speaker 1: Tobias Peters won the three K six Max, Benji Mao won the five K PLO. Those are some of the highlights from the WSP Europe schedule and then we'll see how it goes for the new location and the new time slot for next year. I think I'm generally with you and that they're going to see an uptick.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Have I announced the schedule.
Speaker 1: I don't think so. But they did say fifteen bracelets. Okay, because like it'll probably be very similar.
Speaker 2: We see a buy and change for the main event.
Speaker 1: No ten k euro, it'll be ten k e uro. It should be ten k uro. Keep it there, let's go. The only thing that I question, this isn't even really a question, is I've been to progue a bunch for EPD. Prog with that was always in December, when it was Christmas time, you had the holidays, the Christmas markets like all that sort of. It was magical. There absolutely magical, tons of fun. I don't know about proguing, you know, late March early, It's probably awesome, Yeah, but it it just doesn't have that magical holiday element that I know so many people gravitate towards with EPT PROP Right, you got anything else for me?
Speaker 2: No, not really.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for the PGTPOL series. I'm excited for the Super high rollerble Plo. I'm excited for NAPT. I know we didn't really touch on that here, but you know, NAPT is less than a month away now. It's going to be happening November third through twelfth at Resorts World, Las Vegas. The main event is a five K has a three million dollar guarantee. They got a whole bunch of other tournaments on the schedule. I think they have some smaller like I want to say, three hundred and sixty dollars buying stuff for like some one day nightly type of things. They got the one K Poker Stars Open, they got a twenty two hundred Poker Stars Open high Roller. They got a bunch of high rollers that are all PGT qualifying events. There are eight of those with ten K buying or higher, all the way up to the fifty k Super high Roller. So yeah, I'm excited to be there. I'm going to try and be playing a lot. I know you're going to be there too, hopefully playing. I hope you're I'm gonna play the three hundreds pro play, the one kid would Poker Starts open thingy whatever that is to start the series, and then you cash and then you parlay it into the main then you just keep you just keep going, Man's keep this.
Speaker 2: So I did last weekend and work out piloting my Venetian and the wind didn't work. Whatever, you know what I'm excited about. Very off topic. Not do it with any poker this weekend. Not this weekend. Yeah, this weekend an Arizona USAFL Nationals. Oh my god, big rarely locked down on this pocket on this football tournament. But win, lose or draw when I come home on Tuesday, on Monday, cutting my hair, shaving my.
Speaker 1: Mustache, Okay, I mean, okay, what do you want?
Speaker 2: What do you want to stage? I'm excited to finally cut my hair it's been fourteen months, shaving my mustache being also fourteen months big news.
Speaker 1: I'm just excited to play a bunch of poker. I'm not gonna play a ton for the next two weeks or so, just because with the series that we got going on. I'm being here, but have been playing a bit. I guess on that front. I was thinking the other day when I was playing at the win, the first one of these venues that goes to eight handed, because when we were playing it was nine handed. First one that goes to eight handed is gonna win, hands Down'm gonna win. So somebody needs to go to eight handed. Just go to eight handed. I'm telling you it'll be so much better. It'll be so much better. And yeah, you have to talking about Okay, more labor. You know what else happens. Shorter handed people bust faster, more re entries.
Speaker 2: Like you know.
Speaker 1: And also it's it's not like it's like it's not like you're two x in your labor, Like you might have to add like let's say they have twenty tables running, you might have to add like three or four more tables.
Speaker 2: It's not that much.
Speaker 1: And I think as long as you create a good product and you continue to improve your product, you're gonna make up for in the long run because people will flock to your venue more. They will come, they will want to play there, all that sort of stuff. So the first one and like I just need to do that.
Speaker 2: Does the Wind need to go i'd handed? Or I like people were still going to come if it's nine I don't think that.
Speaker 1: Okay, how about this, the Wind missed their guarantee for like the first time, and I can remember they did, they missed two guarantees. Well, I know, they missed the big one. They had a sixteen hundred dollars million dollar guarantee championship. They missed it by a little bit, but I think by ten entries, so so not a ton, but still, I mean, five day, it's a lot. It's also like when I was there on the final starting flight and I heard the floor talking about like how they need to hit a certain number to get back on pace, like how they were going to miss it, like all this sort of stuff. I was like, even that alone, even that conversation was so surprising to me because I'm just like, I'm just used to the wind, just like easily beating, easily beating, easily beating. Now, there is a ton of stuff happening all over the world in poker, right, It's just a ton. Like even that price point that was a sixteen hundred, you know, there's a twelve hundred down in Texas. There's an eleven hundred our WPT prime at the lodge. Like, there's a ton of stuff going on, right, It's just it's getting harder and harder and harder. That said, I will say that I don't think it's necessarily a need, but it's one of those things where like if you're just constantly looking to improve your product a little bit more, a little bit more, a little bit more every single year, month, series, whatever, it is, So like, I think what the wind does right now is pretty close to the best, if not the best, pretty close to perfect whatever however you want to phrase it. So like, even if you're the best, if you're one of one, what's the next step to getting better? Because you should still always try and get it better. And to me, the only thing I can really think of for them is eight handed. Go to eight handed, because that would be incredible. It would be so incredible.
Speaker 2: I'd hate it.
Speaker 1: But why would you hate it?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What do you eat?
Speaker 1: When I played, I was like, fine, and it is fine. It's not like it's like it's not like it's six handed. I mean, and it is fine. You get more leg room. It's just better. Like it's just it's just better.
Speaker 2: It's just a better product enough for them to need to do it. It's a it's a what's what do you say? You said? What's that thing you say? It's nice to have a need to have right at this stage now, if if the numbers that say you know Venetian or if you know Seminoal when they open their guitar, they have a poker room and everyone fucks there. Hey, you may need to make adjustment sent but brying now winner is harsh.
Speaker 1: I think I think everyone needs to needs to move to to eight handed. I would I would maybe even do something like, listen, let's start with all tournaments one K buying and higher. Those are going to be eight handed. You know, maybe you don't do it for the eight hundred, it's a six hundred, the four hundred, et cetera. But you know, I do think and and if you think about it, it kind of falls in line with what's happened over history. Poker was once handed, and then they finally everyone got on board with nine handed. I mean it took a long time, but finally it happened, right yeah, I mean even like the WSP recently was like you'd be like, oh, they might have to go ten handed, they might have to go ten handed, but that this doesn't happen anymore, right, It's like, now, I think that next progression is make things eight handed. You already see seven and eight handed in high rollers, Like let's get that trickle down to the other stuff, right, I think that that can that can be a big boost. So I would like to see it, and I think that it's not that big of an ask revenue wise when you have to consider, you know, the more labor, because ultimately your product will just be better in the longer. So I I do think that you know, the first, like major venue. And when I say that, I'm talking about like, you know, the win Venetian, like you know, a big, major venue that's running these these things regularly. Seminole for example, you know obviously the other side of the country. But still once they I if you're the first, I think you're gonna you're gonna reap the benefits of it. So that's my thought. There might take there, but that's all I got, and that's all you got, so all right, that's gonna do it for us. His name is Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: Ja Express