Speaker 1: This show is produced and hosted by Mark Webber. The show is sponsored by G three of Parol. The views expressed in the following program are those of the sponsor and not necessarily the opinion of seven tenor or iHeartMedia. Who is Mark Weber. He's a self made business executive here to help you find your success from the New York City projects to the Avenue Montaigne in Paris. His global success story in the luxury world of fashion is inspirational. He's gone from.
Speaker 2: Clerk to CEO twice.
Speaker 1: Mark his classic proof that the American dream is alive. And well, here's your host of Always in Fashion, Mark Weber.
Speaker 3: Mark Weber.
Speaker 4: There are moments that are so uncomfortable in life, so embarising, you don't know where to hide. Sometimes it's things that you might say. Sometimes you're sitting there and someone else says it, you hear it. There are times you intentionally created a situation, cringe worry moments, but most of the times you just don't realize either way. It doesn't matter. Uncomfortable it is uncomfortable. Ignorance is no excuse for the law. A person who is unaware of the law cannot escape liability. By saying, you know, I didn't know they violated the law. They're going to pay a price. Same in life, there's no excuses. You're responsible for the discomfort, the unhappiness, whatever it is that you might create. You're responsible for, either word or spoken or written. Sometimes you're a party to it. Sometimes it doesn't matter. It doesn't make it any easier if you're there, sitting there in life speaking out, creating discomfort is what it is. It's uncomfortable now. I happen to find it funny when no one else does. Often I have no filter. I'm impossible. I am in a wired taste. I readily admitted when something gets really, really cringe worthy. I kind of love that situation in that regard, kind of like Larry David having said that when I'm the cause, I always have a reason. Doesn't matter what my reason is. You could cut the air with a knife. This week what got me thinking about this. We lived through the most uncomfortable, cringe worthy hour in the history of our country. We saw the ruling class falling stars be forced to sit there through utter humiliation at the hands of Donald Trump. He doesn't care, he doesn't take prisoners, He just says what he thinks he needs to say. Trump's acceptance speech at his inauguration was utterly brilliant and chillingly cold, seeing the entire hierarchyy of the Democratic leadership being confronted with zero effort made for compromise, no punch is pull, no attempt at subtlety. He was in your face the world. According to Trump, this was something to behold. While the rest of the world was listening intently. I had too much difficulty hearing. It's hard to hear when you're leaving uncontrollably. Biden yikes, Kamala angry. They were trapped. I wonder if they walked out where they have been more respected in the eyes of the world. Hm. Even the Republican former President Bush was uncomfortable. I loved it. Trump was taking no prisoners, if you remember in the past, and he ran for office in twenty sixteen. In the primaries, they had the first primary debate, and there were sixteen candidates vying for the nomination, and he belittle Trump every single one of those sixteen people besides himself. He outfoxed them, out, debated each one, embarrassed them, made no friends. I thought of the takedown of Jeb Bush, the anointed part of the candidate. He walked away from political life after Trump got a hold of him. George w the father hates him for ruining that dynasty and I'm a big Bush fan. Yikes. It was cringe worthy. And then, of course, sitting there Biden, all the Democrats, Trump didn't even offer a hand to cross the aisle, not even a little, no attempt to unite. It was uncomfortably crazy. He completely ignored the Democratic senators, congressman, former president's cabinet members, completely ignored them. And when he wasn't, he was shattering their policies. He didn't care. He just ignored Biden, he ignored Harris, he ignored all of them. Oh my god. But that wasn't enough when he started saying, really what he basically said to them, you ruined America, you morons, That was his message. Didn't quite say it that way. He was worse. Pelosi didn't show up for the presidential inaugury. Maybe a hip surgery or hate for Trump. She lost. She doesn't like it. I don't like her, but I respect her like crazy. When she ripped up Trump stated the union's speech in front of the world. Priceless, what a woman. Obama barely there, no call outs. He's on the losing team. They didn't even show him his wife and no show. And I don't know if you noticed, but no one cared. The Clintons relegated to Formers. Hillary lost to Trump when she all but claimed the prize. No prize for you, Hillary, and yet you sat there. I left what Trump said when he wanted to rename the Gulf of Mexico. The problem is, I love the idea, but apparently Hillary didn't. And she laughed at Trump. She didn't like that one bit. And I wonder when Trump seized that tape of her laughing. I can't wait to see how he gets even But the audacity of Trump, with Biden and Kamala sitting there, his words weren't just stings. They were slaps in the face around the world. This is now the golden age of America that has begun of Right now, from this moment on, America's decline is over. We will not taken advantage of any longer. Because he declares a national emergency at this Southerland border, a national energy emergency. This was priceless, No thank you, no appreciation, to the President and the Vice president, just blame you ruined America and they had to sit there and take it. Most cringe worthy speech of all time. Now, many of us believed they deserved it. Many of us believed they don't. Many of us might believe they determined and they should have deserved a more stately send off. But I tell you, I gotta love that stuff. Oh my gosh, I've said the wrong things. I've done it. It's been my fault, but it's my right. Hell has no fury as a woman's scorned, it said, or Trump scorned over that matter, Mark scorn tonight. I'm always in fact the mighty have fallen and joining me, the rising Star, my lawyer, my co host, my son, Jesse Weber.
Speaker 2: We love Mark. Mark is back. We love him. We love him. He's a great American, fantastic you know.
Speaker 3: Frankly, nobody thought I was going to be back, and Mark always believed in me. That's why you're a winner. And everybody who else didn't think I was going to make it back, complete losers.
Speaker 4: Why do you think you won?
Speaker 3: I won because this country is fed up with what's going on.
Speaker 2: You look around, it's not our country. Anymore.
Speaker 3: You want to take your country back. We were in the bronze age. Now we're in the Golden age, soon to be in the platinum stage. They say platinum much better than gold and wear gold sneakers. Let me tell you something, we are going to be so back, even more back than when we had Trump ice. You remember that water bottle that we had Trump ice, Trump steaks.
Speaker 2: It's going to be fantastic. And let me tell you.
Speaker 4: Trump time, Trump time. I heard all your commercials, watch.
Speaker 3: A lot of Peo people say, Oh, mister president, why don't you be a little more humble, Why don't you be unifying? Why don't you say, uh oh, thank you President Biden for all that you've done. Come on, the guy's been sleeping. What am I should thank him for?
Speaker 2: For naps? No truth be told, though I actually did hope.
Speaker 3: I did hope that he was going to say something a little more unifying. And you know, I think President Biden did this last time, right he said, I know for the people who didn't vote for me, I'm still I'm going to be your president.
Speaker 2: I would have liked Trump to just say that a little bit.
Speaker 4: No, one hundred percent, If I have any laughing aside, if I have any regrets, he should have said, I'm the president of all the people. I love you Democrats. We have to change the country, and I want you to agree with our principles and jump on board. We'll all benefit from it. I would have loved that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although when he didn't do it, I said, Eh, not surprised. Now you want to talk on you want to talk uncomfortable. I mean, have you watched the Senate confirmation hearings.
Speaker 2: That's uncomfortable. That's really uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: I mean Pete Hegseth for Look, he's an American hero.
Speaker 2: I mean he served.
Speaker 3: Whether or not he has the qualifications to be, you know, heading up the Defense department, maybe because he doesn't have the expertise or he doesn't have the experience, but the questions he's facing are not even necessarily I mean they were about that, but a lot of them were about his personal life and about allegations that he was abusive or he engaged in sexual assault. And look, they buy law have the right to ask him these questions.
Speaker 2: They do.
Speaker 3: It just makes for a very very uncomfortable situation. And instead of you know, they tried to trick him right. They tried to say, well, mister heg Seth, if I told you someone was trying to be in this position and they had abused these women, what would you say, does that person be qualified? And he sidestepped in and says those allegations are false, those allegations are false. He wouldn't play the hypothetical game. And you know who actually did it better than him, Pam Bondy, who I think is fantastic.
Speaker 2: She's up for attorney general.
Speaker 3: She had to face a lot of tough questions about hypotheticals and whether or not Donald Trump has an enemy list. I thought she handled herself better than anybody else.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 4: I thought they both handled themselves very well. Whenever they have these hearings, I'm always very proud to be an American. I thought Marco Rubio did well. I thought Pete Hegseth did a great job avoiding the answers. Of course, you know, they accused him of being with a woman while he was married, made her pregnant while he was married. They made him look like a real bad guy, but he was very professional, handled it very well. But when you know we're talking about uncomfortable moments. Oh my gosh, those questions. But there was some other senator or a congressman who stood up when they accused him of showing up for voting drunk. He said, is he the only one who's ever been accused of it? You and I all know, Senators, we've seen it. Don't deny it. We've seen it.
Speaker 3: I think it was a mistake to focus so much on the drinking, because how many people in so many professions.
Speaker 2: I'd say it's a good thing.
Speaker 3: But if that's what you're getting the sword you're going to die on, I think you lose political capital. They shouldn't be focusing on that, and I think that's where they lose ground. But look, I don't know if he's going to be confirmed.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So anyway, that was I'm talking, you know, the mighty I've fallen. This was the Democratic senators who's leading to charge again to look so bad. Nor a woman who served for in the military, who was nothing but the highest endorsements for him, made that whole thing better than it would have been. I thought that was great.
Speaker 2: I thought it was shocking.
Speaker 3: He does five sets of forty seven push ups a day.
Speaker 2: I was like, Wow, that's pretty impressive. But yeah, that's why he's a commander. By the way.
Speaker 3: Talking the inauguration, I loved it the whole day. It's one of those rare moments that you see both sides coming together for tradition and for pomp and circumstance. Look, you want to criticize Donald Trump, I think that the fact that he didn't show up for Biden's four years ago something that was a mistake of his. It's nice to see both sides coming together. You see the transition of power, one side coming in, one side leaving. I think it's amazing for our world to watch, and it was. I was proud to be an American watching it.
Speaker 4: Well, I gotta tell you, I thought the whole day was beautiful. I think, you know, peaceful transfer of power, all the pomp and circumstance, seeing will our leaders together, listening to them speak. I thought that was amazing. I thought, I can't help it. Every time I think about Biden and Kamala haaw Is sitting there and Trump saying all these things that everything they did failed, it was crazy. Let me ask you a question. If Biden and Kamala got up, what do you think the news would have said, you think they would have treated them harshly or they would.
Speaker 2: Have respected him for it.
Speaker 3: I think on the right they would have said, how disgusting is that? You know, how could they leave in the middle of the President's speech. And on the left they would say, well, at least Biden show up, showed up. Trump never showed up to his And what do you expect them to do? They're gonna sit there and hear this, this is true? How dare Trump bashed the president as he's sitting right there. So I think whichever side they would have either been praised or criticized.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he could have been a little more politically correct.
Speaker 3: But uh, like it was like it was like he started the first part of the speech was you know senators, Congress people, my family named all of them, President Biden, the Supreme Court justices.
Speaker 2: And I thought he was gonna say, like, thank you for all you do, goes, this is it the start of a new era, the country's coming back.
Speaker 3: I was like, wow, just not even not even a second to acknowledge. But you know what was interesting is his behavior leading up to that speech seemed very complimentary, see, very gracious.
Speaker 2: He kept saying thank you to President.
Speaker 3: Biden and then immediately gets It's almost it's almost like he didn't even read the speech. It was almost like his speech didn't match up to how he'd been behaving the rest of the day.
Speaker 4: Look, he could have simply said, I want to thank the President and Vice President for the work they've done. I know they work tirelessly to try and make the country better. I don't agree with those policies, and I think the country has suffered from them, But having said that, they're always different opinions, and I will take a different approach and to that end, let me tell you what I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't do that.
Speaker 4: No, he was brutal. You know. Trump's a funny guy and he's his followers. The people who believe in him will march to the ends of the earth with him. I could be one of them. But for me, it's all about his ideas and his policies. I've done three shows entitled common Sense Is Not So Common So of course I'm excited by the President standing up and saying we're going to return common sense back to government. And in that regard, I was thrilled with the speech Okay, Jesse. Will we see all the other senators and candidates up for nomination be grilled.
Speaker 2: Like that They should be.
Speaker 3: It's the job of the Senate to thoroughly vet them. But I will tell you I think the ones to really watch out for are RFK Junior and also Tulsa Gabbard. Those are arguably the two most and Cash Battel, but I think those are going to be some of the more controversial ones. You know, a lot of people feel like RFK, what exactly is.
Speaker 2: He going to do?
Speaker 3: They're concerned about the policies is going to take Tulsi Gabbard.
Speaker 2: Although in America, what's the.
Speaker 4: Deal with Telsey Gabar? I don't know anything about it. Why is she questionable?
Speaker 3: There are those who say she has expressed sympathy for Russia ties to Russia. She expressed sympathy towards the Bashar al Assad regime in Syria, So there's question. It's a she's an American hero. It does become a question should she be the director of National Intelligence?
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 4: Tell me again, why is she an American hero? I really don't know anything.
Speaker 2: She served in the military.
Speaker 4: On that note, I'm of the opinion. Our government should have no enemies. You know, I used to travel to Asia. I wasn't allowed to go to Cuba. I wasn't allowed to go here. I wasn't allowed to go to Miyam Mars and for all good reasons, I'm sure, but I believe our country should be friends with everyone. It's interesting how China is friends with everyone. We don't have to agree with anyone, We don't have to agree with everyone. But why can't we figure out how to find a common ground? Now? It's tough with Russia. I was working at LVMH in two thousand and eight, and up until two thousand and eight, our relationship with Russia was amazing. Every day we had people coming in from Russia into our offices into DK. Why trying to do business now that currency wasn't respected, We couldn't trust it. So there was always cash deals or letter of credits open. But the economy between both nations was crazy. It was like the Gold Drive when the Americans went to the West coast to search for gold. So many people were thriving, stores were being built. Everyone was happy. And to tell you the truth, money when the governments are making money, when people are making money, they're generally happy. I'd like to see that happen again. With Russia. I don't know how. I don't know how you do it, never mind for what they created in you Ukraine. But you have to get behind it. And I hope Trump is all over that we should bring Russia into the fold and make sure they never do this again. I don't know how. And China, Look, they have all kinds of terrible stuff going on in China with our country, but I gotta believe we do the same thing. We have no choice. So friends, I don't want enemies. How's that?
Speaker 3: Well, look, how do they perceive America? Do they perceive us as a friend or an enemy?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: That's I think you have to remember that there's a reason their categorize as enemies or competitors for a fair reason.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I guess you're right, all right with that As a backdrop, we have continued. The mighty have fallen. We'll take a break and we'll come back. I still want to talk about what it felt like to be uncomfortable back in a minute. Always in Fashion spent a lifetime of my career building the van usen Brand, and I am so pleased that they're back with us now talking about suits. Men were dressing up again, and it's become cool to wear a suit. Suits can be won on multiple occasions in multiple ways. You could wear a suit formally to go out at night or to an event. You wear a suit to the office with or without a tie. If you look closely, now fashion trends, suits are being worn with turtlenecks or mark next. The choices are endless and every one of them looks right. You could really really look the part. I believe that in packaging yourself is as important does the products you package. Wearing a suit is one of those things that make men look their best. Venuesing invented a new idea. It's called the cool Flex suit. It's been engineered with stretch technology, giving you the most comfortable fit and mobility. It's wrinkle resistant fabric, it's cool moisture wiki. It makes it perfect for all occasions. As we discussed just now, this new style of looking sharp while feeling cool and comfortable is amazing, and I'm so excited that the ven Using company is involved in this new technology and is embracing the whole idea of dressing up let's not forget venues and made it's name with dress shirts. It's only proper that the suit business follows strongly in its way. You can find vanues in cool Flex men's stretch suits at jcpenny are online at jcpenny dot com. Guys, they're great. You should go look at them.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to it always in fashion. Here's your host, Mark Webber.
Speaker 4: My the have fallen. I have to admit I am happy, somewhat relieved and excited about the future of the country. Why because I think we went too far to the left. I think the country is safest better in the middle. Now, there are many social policies that I agree with with the left, particularly the women's right to choose. Those of you who think I'm crazy, but I'm a title to an opinion. But when it comes to the way the country is managed on an international basis, I've sided with the Republicans. When it comes to the economy, I've sided with the Republicans. When it comes to common sense, I've sided with the Republicans. So get over it, and I'm willing to give the Republicans a chance. The Democrats have given it a chance, and with all due respect which is a sentence that generally speaking, has one hundred percent chance of not being appreciated. With all due respect to the Democrats, we have two boys raged around the world, let alone the ones we don't even talk about. The inflation has been through the roof, interst rates are through the roof. We have crime growing, we have borders that are open. We have a lot of unhappy people. We have moved too far, and I think it's time for change, and I'm excited about it now. Having said that, tonight, I'm talking about how uncomfortable the world could be if we have no filters. Look, I'm no angel. I've met enemies of people I needed or respected, but still they were right to be upset with me. Doesn't mean I don't feel vindictive. Vanity my favorite sin. Hey Jess, what's that fro.
Speaker 3: The al Pacino movie where the Devil's advocate.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, vanity my favorite sin. I've tried this line, and as I said before, with older respect, I've learned that has zero chance of working. So all those people that I'm going to offend or have a did, I apologize. But before I go there, Biden didn't get even a touch of charity, let alone, rapped in dignity, he got nothing. The former president was mould and humiliated by Donald Trump. He got to be No One in front of the world. The former used to be was a matter of moments from being the man, the president of United States to becoming no one. He was forgotten and relegated to the former with no chance whatsoever to redeem his legacy. He used to be important. One of the saddest things I've seen and always look at my life was the president getting on Marine one. Now Biden didn't get on Marine one because Marine one is the designation for the helicopter for the president of the United States. Now he's just getting on a helicopter with no designation. And he was resentful, and apparently so was his wife Jill also forma used to be No one was there watching. There was no marching band, there was no handshaking, there was no thank you, mister President, there was nothing fired forgotten in seconds, and no one cared. No one watched. I want you to hold that thought for a minute. Can you imagine what that feels like? Can you imagine that hi of being the president of the United States. Wherever you go, they play that music, and people are waiting to hear what they have to say, and they're bowering. Is it? And it goes to nothing? And I have a story to tell. Long before I was on the radio and podcast, I used to be important. I was Jesse. You remember when I was important.
Speaker 3: I still think you're important, but according to you your definition, I remember when you were important.
Speaker 4: Yes, well, what don't you agree about me not being important anymore?
Speaker 2: I think you're important. I just think you're important in a different way. You might not be.
Speaker 3: You know the man that everybody's looking at when you walk into a store. One of your stories like you when you would walk in your picture was in the back and they were expecting to see you.
Speaker 2: And you were like a celebrity.
Speaker 3: Sure that's different, but you're still important to your family and your friends and your colleagues.
Speaker 4: I had a woman today who's looked me up on Instagram and she wrote me on LinkedIn, you look like a movie star? Who are you?
Speaker 2: That's nice?
Speaker 4: Well, I answered it. I used to be important anyway. When I was important, everyone wanted a piece of me. People used to push people out of the way to get to shake my hand. People would befriend my personal assistant beg Her or Consola to put them on my calendar. People would inquire as my schedule. They would try and figure out my timing, where am I for business this day, Where am I going to be personally that day, to figure out how to catch my attention. Everyone wanted my opinion or needed first sign off. Thousand emails a day until there was none, when then I no longer was important. But you see, I knew it was coming. Biden didn't. Biden didn't know what's going to happen. Yes, you could see it in his face. Trump demoralized him, He slammed him, he slapped him, He turned them into nothing puddy. And then he gets on that helicopter alone and he's looking around. There's no one there. Now back to me, I was prepared to become unimportant, And I'll tell you why. One day, on a fateful trip to Miami, I'm sitting on a plane, minding my own business. I'm sitting next to this prosperous looking guy. He was about I'd say, well, I know how old he was because I asked him. In the end, he's sixty six years old. And I was minding my business. He starts to talk to me. He says, my name is Charlie. Who you And I said, my name is Mark. And he says, what do you do Mark? And I said, oh my god, I got one of these. I'm on a plane. It's the one place in the world he bothers you. At least they shouldn't bother you. And I'm generally happy to have my own counsel and nobody to bother me and ask me questions. But Charlie started to ask me questions. And my technique for dealing with people, particularly who want to piece to me, is when they asked me a question, I ask it back. I'd rather have them talking than I talked. And I said, well, I'm the CEO of a company called LVMH. She so, I know lvm AGE. What do you mean to see? I'm the CEO of the Americans run a bunch of companies for them, and that's what I do for a living. I said, what do you do, Charlie? He said, I'm an attorney. I said, you know, that's great. My sons are becoming attorneys. And what's it like He said, well, I've never really practiced. Now he's got my attention. I figured, I'm going to learn about being attorney. I'll pass on whatever I learned to the boys. Why don't you practice? It's a long story, he said. The truth is, if you asked me what I did for my career, I used to be a doctor. I said, you're kidding. You're a doctor, now your attorney exactly. I said this I have to hear, and I got him to talk, and he said, I was a plastic surgeon in Miami. He says, I was one of the most famous plastic surgeons in Miami. If you would go to let's say a Miami Dolphins football game, you would see women holding up billboards and charts that would say and then it would say I have Charlie's chest, and hey would talk about me because I was so well known in Miami as a surgeon. So I'm laughing at he's saying that. So he gets into this, he said, I started to get older and my hands started to shake, and I realized that I couldn't be a surgeon any longer. So I thought about what to do with my time. I didn't want to retire, so I decided I would become a lawyer. I started studying though. I went to law school, I passed the bar, and I decided to be a lawyer. But a funny thing happened to me along the way. While I was doing this. I thought about retiring, and I wrote a book on retirement, and it became a national best seller. And if you're asking me where I am today on the plane with you, all I do now is travel around the country talking about retirement, talk about the book I wrote on retirement. So now I'm fascinating. Here's this guy who I didn't even want to talk to. Turns out, not only is he a lawyer who was a doctor, now he's written a book. So I said, Charlie, you got to do me a favor. He said, what are the key movements? What are the key things someone needs to do to be successful in retirement? He said, Mark, that's a great question. Because I'm talking, I'm going to give you. I'm going to give you the abridge version. There are three things a man like yourself who wants to retire needs to be successful. He looked at me, say you think it around retiring. I said, maybe in twenty years. He said, well, let me tell you nonetheless, I think you're going to retire before twenty years. You look like a successful guy. You don't need to work for so long. You're too young to retire, but you look like you're doing well, and maybe you will earlier. But here are the three things you need. First and foremost, one person needs to understand how much money they have and how much money they need. You live a certain lifestyle. You might leave in a house. You might if you're in Florida, have a boat. You might have all these things and bells and whistles and boys toys. You have kids in school. You have to understand how much money you need to live. If you're going to retire, can you afford it? Or you need to work some other kind of job or you can't afford it. You have to understand your finances because otherwise you will not be happy. Number two, do you play golf? Mark? What do you do for recreation? I said, I walk? I play golf. He said, okay, Let's take your day. Get up in the morning, you walk, walk for an hour. I said yeah. He said, you play golf. Yeah, said, you finish at twelve o'clock. Let's assume you're going to play golf every day. What are you going to do with the rest of your life starting at twelve o'clock. How you're going to keep busy, how you're going to keep your mind active. Successful retirement requires time management. Someone to understand what to do with themselves so they stay vibrant, and they stay interested, and they keep going. You don't want to sit in your house and count the sheep. You don't want to be taking naps all day long. That's number two, So your finances and time management. And he said the third one is the most important. It kills more men than you can ever imagine, and that is living without the juice. I said, what does that mean? Said, you're a big shot. Now you're important. Now everybody wants to hear what you have to say. Everybody needs a piece of you. Everybody's sending you telexis, everybody's sending you Texas. Everybody's calling you. They want to know what Mark has to say. You retire the following morning, no messages on your iPhone zero, You're gone. You're no longer important. And then he used the example of Bill Clinton showing up at the airport for his helicopter ride to wherever he was going, and no one was there, and what it felt like for Bill Clinton to give up the juice, to no longer have that feeling of importance. And that's what got me thinking about Biden yesterday. Bringing you back to this full circle. It wasn't enough that he was humiliated. It wasn't enough that his vice president was humiliated. It wasn't enough that he was humiliated in front of his wife. It wasn't enough that he was amiliated in front of his party, in front of the world, in front of the United States. He no longer was important, he was relegated to former And watching him get on that helicopter and then watching the plane land in San Diego where he's going to California, I believe, to look for a home. The idea that he was no longer president stuck with me. Well, I know the power and the weight of that, And I know the power and the weight of that.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you something. You have nothing to worry about.
Speaker 3: Why, because he's going to run again in four years when he's you know, eighty six years old. Yeah, I bet huh what not a good idea?
Speaker 4: No, I think I'm more afraid of Kamala coming back.
Speaker 3: I know she says she doesn't want to leave politics, that she's going to come back.
Speaker 4: She was kind of ruined.
Speaker 2: You know what's crazy.
Speaker 3: I was hosting the other day and I was like, how many people voted for Kamala Harris. Seventy five million people voted for her. Now, it was I wonder how much it was.
Speaker 2: We'p approve of her.
Speaker 3: We'll vote whoever the Democratic candidate is, or will just you know it's not a Trump vote. I don't know, but seventy five million voted for her.
Speaker 4: I got a question for you, Okay, who is the guy who shot up all the people and he got off on the technicality Dave's self defense? What was his name? You covered his trial?
Speaker 2: Kyle Rittenhouse?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay. If Kyle Rittenhouse run for office as a Democrat, he gets seventy five million votes.
Speaker 2: Huh if it was against Donald Trump, yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't care who you put up. I think Diddy would get seventy five million votes.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think Alec Baldwin would get seventy five million votes. I think anybody the Democrats would have seventy five million votes. Let's face it, with all the respect to Kamala Harris, back to the twenty sixteen election, she was off the stage after the first night. She came back in twenty off the stage, nobody wanted her, and here she becomes vice president and then kendidate for president. I don't particularly like her policy, she's too far left. But she's a wonderful woman, I'm sure. But it didn't matter she was not. I always thought Trump would lose because he's so disliked, but apparently she was mister liked more than him. So in answer to your question, I think it has nothing to do with her. It has to do with being a Democrat and the other team wants to win. That is a backdrop. The mighty have fallen back in a moment.
Speaker 1: Always in fashion.
Speaker 4: Done a Karen began her career as one of the finest, most successful, powerful women in the fashion industry. She developed a collection aimed at the luxury market for women on the go, women who were powerful in their workplace, women who had lives that extended beyond the workplace, and her clothes went from day and tonight. An extraordinary collection. But the interesting thing Donna Karen had a young daughter, and she had friends, and they couldn't afford to buy the Donna Aaron collection and Donna invented dk NY Donna Aaron, New York. It's an offshoot of the Donna Karen collection, the same concept a lifestyle brand. Then we talk about lifestyle brands. What does that really mean? Simply what they say, there are brands that follow you throughout your lifestyle. You get up in the morning, you start to get dressed Donna Karen decan why as intimate apparel, as hosiery, as all those products. You're getting dressed for work. You get accessorized shoes, handbags, and it takes you through the day. The remarkable thing about DK and Y clothes for work, they work into the evening. The dresses, the suits, the ants, the sweaters, the blouses, extraordinary clothes at affordable prices that go from day in tonight. Part of your lifestyle is active. You have weekends, you have events, you participate in sports. Donna Karen's casual clothes did that under the DK and Y label. A vast array of casual sportswear that make women look great as they navigate their busy lives. Whether you're going to soccer games for your children, or whether you're going out to the movies, whatever you want to do. DKN, y Jenes, DK and Y Sportswear is there for you. That's what a lifestyle brand is. I need to mention DKY active Wear, which is extraordinary, the leggings, the sports bras, the sweats. You can wear DKY active Wear, certainly in the gym, certainly when you're working out at home, and certainly if you want on the street, because it's that well done. The quality of dk why is nothing short of exceptional. And why shouldn't it be because it was born from the idea of luxury made affordable for women of America. DK and Why a true lifestyle brand that takes you from day and tonight, from the week into the weekend. DCN why you can find DKNY and Macy's DKY dot com.
Speaker 1: Welcome back to it always in fashion. Here's your host, Mark Webber.
Speaker 4: My oh my, have the mighty fallen this country has done? In about face? We got seventy seven million people dancing for joy. We have seventy five million people acting up already angry. The honeymoon is over. I'm watching all the tapes. I'm watching the division again. I'm watching the networks that are divide divided. I'm watching those that are leading towards the left, hating the right, the right hating the left. I'm watching, but the mighty have fallen, and there's a new sheriff in town. It was this is brutal, watching Biden take the shellacking, watching him go from him the president of the United States, the most criticized man in the world, ridiculed by his friends, let alone the Republicans, forced to step down, relegated to no One, from president to forgotten in a minute, the mighty have fallen. Hey, I could tell you I've had my ups and downs. I've had a career that was never a straight line to the top. So I got promoted, I got demoted, I got promoted, I got fired. It was never easy. But what was always easy for me was making the world uncomfortable. And because of that I loved it. I show up in radio one of my favorite stories in the world. You know, before I go to radio Jesse, you know the story you me shirts and the turbul and Assa.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, talk about uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: That's one of the most uncomfortable experiences of my life.
Speaker 4: I think we've told this story before, but we're constantly getting new listeners. And not everyone listens to everything. So we were talking one time about how impossible I could be. And you want to talk about making people uncomfortable, this is a great story.
Speaker 3: Go ahead and for those of for those of you who heard this story, you'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: That's how uncomfortable this is. So I was shot.
Speaker 3: We were shopping for tuxedo shirts for my wedding. You me and my brother Jared, and we went into the store called Turnbull and Asser, which is a very elegant store that.
Speaker 2: You you know, you go into for these kinds of.
Speaker 4: British company with the head squarters in the United States on Fifth Avenue and Well Street.
Speaker 3: And we were looking around, and more specifically, one of the shirts that they have is the shirt that Daniel Craig wore in Casino Royale as James Bond, the tuxedo shirt. And we were asking this sales associate, this woman, about whether or not she had the shirt, and there was confusion about what shirt she had. There was confusion about what we were looking for. We were very clear, but she was quite confused as to what we were looking for and giving us answers back and forth about this.
Speaker 2: So at one point you say to She says to you, I'll go downstairs and i'll check it.
Speaker 3: Okay, she she she walks away.
Speaker 4: And you before you tell the story, you got to remind everybody that if there's one thing in this world, I'm expert at its shirts. I spent my career working for the venues and shirt company. I know everything about making shirts. I'm an expert. Now you can continue.
Speaker 3: So she turns around to leave, and you turn around and you don't realize that she hasn't walked away. She's still right there, right behind you. And you say quite loudly to me and Jared, she's useless. And I I looked at her face.
Speaker 2: She turned white.
Speaker 3: I melted into the ground. I was so uncomfortable. I went into the corner and pretended like I was a mannequin. That's how uncomfortable I was. I didn't know where to turn. It was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever seen. You Literally, she's useless, and I was, Oh, I was uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: She's useless. She has no idea what she's talking about. That was the exact quote. Oh. Then when I turned around and saw her, I thought, oh, you're still here.
Speaker 2: Oh it was it was bad.
Speaker 4: We couldn't get out of that fast enough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was bad.
Speaker 4: You know, I have a couple other stories. You know, I'm known for this stuff. I had a friend, I met a woman. We were friends. I knew her from business. We were hanging out having lunch one day, a bunch of people sitting there, and I was talking about my weight loss. I've shared that with you a number of times, back in two thousand and eighteen, starting in sixteen, but twenty eighteen, I was fifty some odd pounds and I'm so proud. I mentioned the first show of the year that I've kept the weight off all these years later. Losing weight is very, very difficult. I don't know what it's like in the world of ozembic, but I did it the hard way. I earned it, cut calories, was very careful, gave up a lot of things I should need. I was very diligent lost. I was sitting around I was telling a story how I lost the weight, and this young lady was sitting next to me, and she happens to say, I need to lose five pounds, and in front of all the people, I looked at her and I said, no, fifty.
Speaker 2: Terrible terrible.
Speaker 4: How comfortable was that?
Speaker 2: And she wasn't laughing? Let me tell you.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, no, no no, and yeah, as the story goes, you know, she really wouldn't talk to me. You could see she was so upset and embarrassed. Rightfully she should be. So that night I called her and said, listen, I can't apologize enough. You know, I was only kidding. You don't need to lose fifty pounds. She goes, oh, no, Mark, how many do I need to lose?
Speaker 2: Smart? And you know what, yeah, you.
Speaker 4: Know, silence, Yeah what I said, fifty pounds, but you look better. Shung up the phone, never saw her, never spoke to her again. But you know, I have a history of this stuff. My favorite story, my favorite story was when I started working in the radio. You know, when it comes to radio, I just do what I do. I'm not experienced. I've only been doing this seven years. I'm dealing with people who did it for a lifetime. I know, my career for a lifetime. I was CEO of two big companies. All the jobs I had along the way, vice president, senior vice president, executi, vice president, CEO, board member, I mean I had all these titles, so apparently I knew a lot about what I was doing, and I'm an expert at business, but radio, what do I know? I only know that I can tell stories, and I know that from you folks out there that you like what we're doing, so we keep doing it. But I've run into executives in the radio business from day one, and I've never really been happy to this date. To be perfectly frank, I'm still not happy. I have a show that I believe should be syndicated all throughout the country, And if you ask me seven years later, do I know how to get that done? The answer is no. Now, if this was the early part of my career, and this is the beginning and part of my career, all my sponsors and I would demand demand syndicating the show were gone. I just don't think we're important enough. I don't think it matters, and I have not been able to make the case consistently enough to any of the stations I've worked with. Here wr I can't seem to get syndicated. I don't understand why. I know the show is good, I know the people like it, we have sponsorship, and I'm willing to do it. But that was my goal, and if I've ever failed, I've failed, I admit it. I came in big advertising the first year, great ratings. Interestingly enough, my ratings were the best when I followed baseball games. And it's with that time that I learned that very often people put on their radio in their cars, in their homes. They never changed the channels. So if you have a good lead in like a baseball game, people are gonna hear you. All of a sudden. We were finding my ratings would spike in the summer through the roof because those people listen to the radio for the baseball games. You're listening to us. So I started to learn and learn and learn. So finally I asked for a meeting with the top people at the station, and I was granted that meeting. It's after only a couple of months. So I show up to the meeting and the lead guy, the station manager, whose name I won't mention. I would because I have nothing bad to say about him, but I won't mention his name. He wasn't there. He's an admirable guy, someone to be respected, and everything about him I liked, except the way he treated me, which I'll get into in a moment. Anyway, I show up for the meeting, A whole team of people are there, Jesse's there, I'm there, the whole team of people, all the underlinks from vice president on down. And we wait ten minutes, fifteen minutes, and finally I say, you know, I can't wait any long. I'm gonna tell you, and I go through forty five minutes of what I want to accomplish on the radio. What I'm prepared to deliver, who's going to come with me, my sponsors, what they're going to pay, what I want to show them to matriculate into. This is what I want from the station. Lay it all out, they all take notes everything, and then after I'm done, the station manager comes waltzing into the meeting. Hey, I'm sorry, I'm late. You know I was negotiating with I miss. I had my hands full of silent, and unfortunately I got pissed off. I've been here for forty five minutes with all your people, and now you want me to do this again. If you would have seen the look on that guy's face, you would have known our relationship was dead and over. Everyone in that room didn't know where to go. Man. After all he's the boss of everyone, and I'm basically calling and out and it was the most uncomfortable. I even knew enough to know it was uncomfortable. Just so happened. We were having dinner that night, and during dinner that night, I tried to well, I wouldn't apologize, but I certainly tried to put it behind us and share with him what I thought was important. He was very generous, he was a gentleman. He was a good guy. But after that moment, we never ever so I die together. And I will tell you that through the course of our relationship, he was always very good at pointing out how stupid I was, and how I needn't know anything about the future of radio, and that podcasts were coming and they'd be more important than radio. And I'm glad he knew it and he was right, or to a degree, whatever degree, he was right, and it doesn't make him better With showing up late for my meeting, However, I acted inappropriately. I lost my cool, and when you're in life, you lose your cool, you lose So at that moment in time, this mighty guy had fallen. I've never achieved my goal in radio. I hope you people continue to listen out there. I hope you enjoyed the show, but I admit I have a goal. I'm not getting anywhere near that. If you want write the station, call the station, tell him you live in houses and other countries and other cities, and you want me to be on the radio view and I'm sure they'll answer you. Listening to him on podcasts back in a minute.
Speaker 2: Always in fashion.
Speaker 4: As one of the world's most celebrated fashion designers, Carl Lagafeld was renowned for his aspirational and cutting edge approach to style. His unique vision of Parisian shit comes to America through Carlagofeld Paris. He has women's collections, men's collections, ready to wear, accessory, shoes and bags. The fashion house Carlagofeld also offers a range of watches, I wear and premium fragrances. You can explore the car lagofl collection at car Lagofelparis dot com. But it's more than that. I, for one, love to shop. I love going around and seeing what's happening and what catches my attention, what would make me feel good to wear now. I don't wear the women's wear obviously, but I can appreciate it, and they look amazing. If you want to look right, you want to have clothes that fits you well. You want to look like you're wearing something that's very expensive, that's exclusive for you and yours. You can find it at very affordable prices at Macy's, Orcarlagafel dot com Paris ready to wear fashion is extraordinary, as well as the handbigs and the shoes. I, for one, wear men's clothes, unlike my appreciation of women's clothes. I'm a modern guy. I want to look current. I want to look the way I want to feel. I go out at night, I'm in black and Carlagafeld is my buddy. Calls are great. They fit great, and they have little tweaks and touches, whether it's a stripe on the sleeve or button at the neck or on the shoulder. There's a lot of details that go into Carlagafel because he's always been, he always had been one of the world's great designers, and this legacy and goes on and on. I can't speak enough about it except to say to you, you want to feel good about yourself. You want to know that you're dressing properly. You want to clothes that fits you well. Carl Lagafeld Paris at Macy's Orcarl Lagafel dot.
Speaker 1: Com, Welcome back to it Always in Fashion. Here's your host, Mark.
Speaker 4: Webber Tonight's show, The Mighty Have Fallen. I have watched with amusement, laughter, glee, the discomfort caused by President Trump, his ability to insult with a smile on his face, without a care in the world, to call out what has been done argumentably so wrong to our country, not caring for the least bit. Who's there, who's there to defended, who thinks they've done a good job. It's amazingly funny. There is something to be said for having a filter, having a screen, having a sense of what's going on around you. I admit I'm an acquire taste. I've made more excuses and more mistakes in my life, enjoying it, doing it, knowing I'm doing it. But I've watched what's happened in the country, and I think we're moving in a new direction now. Jesse, before we close this out, are you happy with what's going on this week?
Speaker 3: I'm hopeful. I'm hopeful. I think the country needed to change. I think the country needed a change. Clearly they wanted to change. And whether you voted for Donald Trump or not, you just have to wish success for the new administration and that's all you can do.
Speaker 2: So I'm hopeful.
Speaker 4: I think people with an open mind, with common sense would be buoyant about the changes that are going to happen. I think some of them make a lot of sense. Tie up the borders, lock this country down, invest in our future, make the country prosperous, move from the left to the center, do the things that need to be done, and will be better for it. We have seventy seven million people dancing in the street to YMCA, there's another seventy five million. Put on your dancing shoes. Give the president a chance, support him. Maybe we can come together. Maybe we could fight off the things that don't make any sense that can hurt the country. But maybe, just maybe common sense will work, because at the moment, common sense is not so common. Having said that, the mighty have fallen and it's funny to be watching it. Good Night,