Speaker 1: Good evening, everybody, and welcome to another edition of Fire Up. Are we fired up tonight or not?
Speaker 2: Sure? Yes we are, thank you Katie, we are fired up tonight. Yes we are well.
Speaker 1: I can say that Hurricane Milton is passed. I do not think for as much as people had talked about it ahead of time and how destructive and how it was a Cat five at one point, and it granted it hit Sarasota, but it hit him as a three it did. It spared Tampa Bay because actually if it would have, if it would have hit further north, the storm surge would have hit more in there. So overall, and yes, don't get me wrong, I know there was there was confirmed nineteen different tornado twisters that happened, and it hid has claimed some lives, don't get me wrong, but I think it could have been a lot worse.
Speaker 3: Hers up to those that lost family members, of course, and it could have been much much worse. I'm glad you guys never lost power.
Speaker 4: I'm glad we got to have a podcast last night.
Speaker 1: Yes, he luckily never lost power.
Speaker 3: As of this morning, there was two million residents in Florida without power, and most of it was due to the nineteen tornade was not due to the hurricane.
Speaker 1: At one point, at the highest point, it was three point three million and that were without power. And I want to say I saw a figure that was a little bit higher than yours, Jeremy. At six point thirty to night there was still, like, I want to say, two point some million still without that.
Speaker 4: I was going by what a guy that lives down there said, I.
Speaker 1: Get that, I get that, but yeah, I want to say at one point, I know it was three point three million at one point. Now I still have somebody that says nearly three million are without power. It was a third hurricane to hit Florida this year. Obviously, I don't know if anybody else. I'm sure people have seen it. But it ripped off the roof off in the Trafficana field.
Speaker 2: Yes, Brightingon got hit real bad too. The Pirates lost their fence on their field, the training spring training in the back. The whole fence just went down when flew up.
Speaker 1: It unfortunately spun a tornado that touched down. A couple of them that touched down, and one hit a fifty five an older community that was modular homes and on the East coast and the problem with that is that they weren't. We weren't told to evacuate because we were on the east coast and it was hitting the west coast, so people didn't evacuate them there, and it was a deadly tornado and it is unfortunately the death toll I've seen the death tolls so far at twenty three I believe across the whole state now from that park. There was a number of them were from that park, and they're saying that we're gonna see more yet because not everybody.
Speaker 4: Did it wipe out that entire park.
Speaker 1: It wiped out quite a few of the the homes there.
Speaker 4: Yes, you know.
Speaker 2: Down the Tropic Candafield. I think that's what happened. The roof got blown off. I'm sorry, I said, I heard roof cup blown off of Tropic Candofield.
Speaker 4: That's it did.
Speaker 1: And that was where their host responders were going to be staying, so they had to move them and stuff like that. So, yes, there have been numerous There was a school that I mean at this point when this hit, obviously there was no school yesterday and for Palm Beach County they had no school yesterday. Today, they're actually not going to have school tomorrow Monday. They had a scheduled time off anyways, so but one of the middle schools. I believe the roof blew off. We've seen where it lifted a dumpster and put a dumpster on the top of a roof of a house. It's flipped over cars. It was nothing to mess with. I'm glad the death toll is hopefully won't get too much higher. I want to say hi to everybody in the chat room, Rick, Patty, Fernando.
Speaker 3: I do want to say that my buddy Den was telling me that he actually scheduled down near Tampa to have a terracotta roof put on his house, and they literally delivered the terracotta shingles on palate and unbanded him on his roof just before all these hurricanes.
Speaker 4: Had and go wow.
Speaker 3: I hope every single one of his neighbors have the best insurance ever, and he better have good insurance too, because a terracotta roof shingle flying at one hundred and ten to one hundred and thirty miles an hour and decapitate somebody go right through a wall, smash everything in that room that it hits, because it's gonna splinter like shrapnel when it hits that wall. I mean, the only walls that would be saved for brick mm hmm.
Speaker 4: But I bet you it.
Speaker 1: Cracks them mm hmmm mm hmm.
Speaker 4: It's like talk about poor planning.
Speaker 3: They tell you, guys, what four or five days before these hurricanes that they're coming. When they know because of the way the Gulf Stream and the way the currents are flowing, they know where it's going. They can crack it pretty accurately. They're usually within one hundred and fifty miles of where it's gonna make landfalls. And when it's a Cat three, there's it's not just the wind speed that the sizes the category of a hurricane. I remember this from when I lived down there.
Speaker 4: It's also the size of the eye of the storm, because the bigger the eye, the faster the wind right.
Speaker 1: Right, and it depends on the weather system that hits coming into And that's why it actually was picking up speed as it went across the state, and surprisingly it was still a hurricane when it left the state, and that's rare normally when it goes over land. That for as much as it did across the state, it normally loses its hurricane status, and this actually never did until it got out into the Atlantic and it hit some dry weather.
Speaker 3: There was some damage in Zupper Hills as well, which what's weirdest I lived in Tampa and I lived in Zupper Hills while I lived in Florida.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. But good riddance. We don't need to see any more hurricanes this year. I'd like to say.
Speaker 2: It it's vacation to Orlando.
Speaker 1: But hurricane season is through the end of November, so we still have a good month or so to go. No hurricanes on Lake Michigan. Yes, Hurricane Candy talking over sports talk. Wow, I'm just acknowledging the big event that happened down here. We are on the cell floord of Tribune YouTube channel, so yes, we were going to get to sports talk, of course, because I don't want to lose any of my guy any of our listeners here. But that was a pretty big hurricane, pretty big news event for people that live down here.
Speaker 4: And you live down there, so they got to expect you to talk about.
Speaker 1: It exactly exactly, But there is it.
Speaker 3: It's back to back hurricane. That's something we haven't seen in decades. I think they said nineteen seventy two was the last time when you guys had a minor one come through and then that big one that actually did a lot of damage. This one was just the opposite. And in a way, that's a blessing. But nineteen tornadoes, that's it's almost unhearded.
Speaker 1: It is yes, no, you're you're fine, Joseph, No, you're right. It is very unheard of that it spawns that many, and it's been known to spawn tornadoes, but they were of lesser magnitudes, and these were really powerful ones. If you see some of the footage, you'll it's pretty incredible, the footage that you see these days.
Speaker 3: But if it was nineteen tornadoes, but I think almost thirteen of them were of the F one variety, the very tiny ones that do minimal damage and they're just high winds. Basically, anything loose can be hurt from those, you know, tornadoes. That's something I can talk about Michigan as much as anybody wants to say about it. We had one of the worst day for tornadoes in American history back in nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm mm hmmm. I think we are I think we set one of our records though, because I know we had over one hundred and thirteen tornado warnings in the state and one day. I think that's one of the that's like a record. But neither there, Neither here nor there. Let's let's move on to let's do some sports talk because ins Fernando wants some sports talk here. What's going on right now? Let's start with the MLB playoffs, because it is going on right now. Oh, I got a question for the three of you. Well, Rick, can you hold that question because we're gonna start with MLB playoffs, but we will get to NFL and quarterbacks. So let's start though with MLB. Unfortunately, the Tigers did lose tonight, but they are the series is tied to too, so it goes now back to the Guardians to Cleveland. What are you guys thinking about Game five?
Speaker 3: You know this will be one of those times when switching players out and everything wasn't such a great deal. I kind of wanted them to go ahead and throw Schooble out there, get the game over today, and that way we could have him at Game one in four days. Because I have the feeling the Royals are gonna win the night to take it back to New York. I just the Royals played good baseball all year and the Guardians have played good baseball all year. You could say your Tigers blew it, but you know what, it was a good game. It's five to three. I had a feeling it was gonna be a higher scoring game than what we saw.
Speaker 4: We needed some players to show up, and they did that.
Speaker 1: Fit I would agree. And right now the Yankees are up to nothing over Kansas City. The Yankees lead that series to one. Oh so, Jeremy, you already said you think the Royals are gonna win. So wait, let's go back Ralph. Your take on the Tigers and Guardians.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope the Tigers, uh, you know, win again. I mean I know they lost today, Jeremy. The series isn't over yet, correct.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Tie to too? Okay, what is it five or seven?
Speaker 3: Five in the divisional series? Doesn't start to the championship.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I hope Detroit does well because they have a good young team, uh with some great with some good players. They've managed to balance things out better than most teams as far as being a young team goes. They have a good manager who, in my opinion, shouldn't even be in baseball. But that's my opinion. But he's doing good in Detroit, Okay, and I got to give him credit for that as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, what about it?
Speaker 3: I feel like you should go to the year or nobody. Yeah, no, no, nobody saw Detroit get the All Star break doing this. What was it point zero two percent or point two percent at the All Star break? Right, went up to like fifteen percent at the Tree deadline because they started winning after the All Star break and then they became the hottest team in baseball with out their second best pitcher in the starting rotation.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Okay, So what about Yankees Royals? What do you think, Ralph?
Speaker 2: Well, it's good to see New York back in the fray here. They've been out for a few years, back in the playoffs, back you know, where they need to be. It's good to see that. But I like the Kansas City Royals. I always have. They've been, always been a scrampy team that has played well over the years. Another small market team that has done well for itself. And I think I like Kansas City here. I hope that they can, you know, keep it going and beat the Yankees. I mean, you know, no one likes the Yankees that much anyway, so you know. But but again, the reality is they're back in in in the playoff full so I mean, you know, but the the other reality is I hope that the Kansas City Royals beat them. You know, I'm not a Yankee fan. I never have it.
Speaker 1: And Jay, we'll get to that. That's the next topic. But we're talking about the MLB Playoffs and the gentleman on the panel don't know who's retiring because I didn't tell them.
Speaker 4: I haven't by the way, that that.
Speaker 1: Huh it's you. Oh no, no, okay, okay. So back to the MLB playoffs, Padres and Dodgers. This series is tied to all now they play tomorrow, Knight. Who do we think is going to take that series?
Speaker 4: The team that scurs the most?
Speaker 2: Which teams?
Speaker 1: Again, Candy, I'm sorry, Padres Dodgers.
Speaker 2: I'm rooting for the Padres. I want to see the Dodgers go down again. I mean, you know, they overpay for for everybody every year and then they make it to the first round of the playoffs and they and they fold their tent. I mean, it's like, you know, they just they constantly do that, and I hope it happens again this year too.
Speaker 4: Well, congratulations, Darren Judge, you just got your first extra base hit of the post season with adult We.
Speaker 2: Got struck out by by who, Paul Skeen struck out right.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying, so far in his career, if you look what Aaron Judge has done in the both seasons, he has more streakouts than hits. He's got more flyouts than extra base hit.
Speaker 4: So he's not zero home runs in the both seasons. You know what I said, He's the MLB's version of Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, indeed, so yes, I I did call the Mets. I called it the Mets because, as some of you have heard on other shows that I have said, the team that beats the Brewers in the playoffs, in any of the rounds of playoffs go on to the World Series, not necessarily win it, but they go on to it. And that has happened. I believe it was like eight or nine times every time. So the Mets took the Brewers out of it. So the Mets, Yes, and the Mets beat the Phillies, which a lot of people didn't think that they.
Speaker 2: Were gonna Philly always has a great team all the time.
Speaker 1: They are currently waiting the winner of the Padres Dodgers series, and I think that'll be interesting because the Padres have been hot. But the Dodgers, you know, they they pay, They've got a bigger payroll.
Speaker 2: This might be the year that they actually do it. Candy. I mean, you know, they flopped like I said before. You know, every year they get all this talent, they overpay for it and then uh, this talent gets hurt and then they ended up, you know, stinking up the joint and getting out after the first round of playoffs. Kind of like another team in football that that's from my area.
Speaker 3: Here, my parlay already failed. I had Aaron Judge not getting an extra base hit. He just did it. So my parlay is done.
Speaker 1: Okay, anything else from the playoff MLB playoffs.
Speaker 3: That we want to talk about, not particularly I mean, you got the Padres and Dodgers. It's probably the best matchup in this series. Is why it's not It up to I mean and the Tigers. They had the Guardian's number coming down the stretch. We had to beat the Guardians to get in the position we were at get into the playoffs because we were at that point where it was a fifty to fifty thing if they'd make it.
Speaker 4: When we played them and we won two out of three, then.
Speaker 1: Okay. So not a sport we talk about very often.
Speaker 2: Bolt, what's that bowling?
Speaker 1: No, we are going on to the next topic, the retirement topic, because everybody wants to know what we're talking about. Who's retiring. It was announced today that I would say, one of the better tennis players in the men's game, Rafael Nadal, announced his retirement. He's retirment after in November, after the Davis Cup. He has pretty much.
Speaker 4: Actually not that surprising.
Speaker 2: NBA. I like that one from Jade, that was a good one.
Speaker 4: That was good.
Speaker 2: But the WNBA has been resurrected now thanks to a few players.
Speaker 4: Do in particular this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Angel Reese and Caitlin Clark. Wasn't for them to.
Speaker 1: Correct. So Nadal has played professional tennis for twenty three years. He has garnered twenty two Grand Slam championships as well as thirty six Masters one thousand titles. He's thirty eight years old.
Speaker 4: He wow.
Speaker 1: He has had a dominance on clay. Really was his forte he did the French Open.
Speaker 4: In the chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yes, He's had a lot of epic games against Roger Federer. He had in fact, career was iconic. Yes.
Speaker 3: So I remember that Wimbledon when it came down to Federer and a doll, and it went all the way to the tiebreak. Almost every single part of that set that they went through it went to its tiebreak, and it was an amazing thing to watch. And I think in the beginning had a doll's number, if I remember right.
Speaker 4: At one point he was like yeah.
Speaker 3: But at one point, even at Wimbledon, I think his first two times he bested the doll and then the doll got so dominant on play that Federer couldn't touch him anymore.
Speaker 4: Well, did you get a haircut?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I did not. No, I don't cut my hair. I get a trimm because I have I have a ponytail or. I have my hair as well, long in the back, and I put it up in a ponytail whenever I go to special functions. But I get a trim every once in a while.
Speaker 4: I cut at least one a day because I like to keep everything even.
Speaker 2: I haven't had a serious haircut in probably fifteen years.
Speaker 1: So yes, I used to play tennis, and so tennis is kind of near and dear, and that's why most of you don't know that. But that's why I wanted to bring it up tonight. So because he announced it, I think today or yesterday, So I thought that was kind of big news and something that we don't normally talk about.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that is something different.
Speaker 1: You know, and sometimes we do that because we talk about anything around here. Okay, so let's we're going to talk a little bit of NFL. Oh huge news. What's the huge news? Jay? What are you breaking? What news is breaking?
Speaker 2: I think he means you're huge and is but not all retire.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, I remember Natassi and John McEnroe getting pissed off. Very difficult sport. I tried once. I couldn't even see the ball off the serve. I stood there like a statute. It is a tough sport you have to be. I mean, I haven't played it in a couple of years, but I played it religiously. I can say that. For some reason. I always went to tiebreakers, and I wasn't very good in the tiebreaker. I almost went to state. I lost in a third set tiebreaker in my playoffs, and otherwise I would have gone to state in high school. And and I actually I actually lost in a third set tiebreaker to not make the college team as well. So but I love this. I love playing it. When I do, I just haven't done it in a long time. So, yes, that is pretty big news for Nadal. Only rich people play tennis like Candy. I would that I would. I would say it's probably one of the least expensive ones because you really only need a racket and some tennis balls, and normally you can find courts that you don't have to pay to play where, and you only need one other person, so it's not like you need a whole team like a baseball or basketball and you know and all that. But Jimmy Connors would get pissed off too. Yes, and yes, I do know. The Red Wings open tonight. They actually do the lead. They delayed their game an hour because they didn't want that much traffic trying to get down to Comerica Park and Little Caesars at the same time, so they started at eight o'clock tonight to stagger it a little bit more.
Speaker 2: The Pirates had to do that this year to accommodate the Steelers one time.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to say something that I said last night on my podcast, and I am completely wrong and I was mistaken. The forty nine Ers are taking it to the Seahawks in their house. It looks like the hangover from that Lions game is still lingering.
Speaker 2: Mm. I thought the Niners would would lay another egg.
Speaker 4: I didn't do. But they're up sixteen to three at a half.
Speaker 1: Tame, So let's talk a little bit. We got to talk about the dysfunctional Jets. I'm sorry. The reason why I want to go back to them is they obviously they have a new head interroim coach Jeff Ulbrich, and he he did the same thing that Robert Salah was gonna do. He relieved Nathaniel Hackett of his play calling duties, so he will no longer be the play caller. So what do we think Downing, who is forty four years old, he is taking over and he's what the quarterbacks coach I believe.
Speaker 3: And he was also the passing game coordinator for the Jets, so it's not like they're totally changing the scheme. All it is is the guy that was called telling the offensive coordinator. Hey, these plays are what works against this defense. Interim coach guy named Aaron Dgers.
Speaker 2: I heard Aaron Rodgers slipped on a banana peel this today and won't not be playing mm hmm. I think a lot of people wish that, though.
Speaker 1: I don't think the problem was Aaron Rodgers. I mean, don't get me wrong. Yes, Aaron likes to stick his nose and has a lot of control and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: It was actually brought up about the Lebanese flag thing on Twitter, and Dan Lennard pointed it out that on his hoodie, Robert Salah at the game had the Lebanese flag on his shoulder and the owner actually is big about supporting Jewish in the Israel, lights in the Middle East and his friends with Ambassads and Israel, so that that might have had something to do with why he fired him without talking to anybody.
Speaker 4: Whether that is it or not, we don't know.
Speaker 3: It's all speculations, and that's one of those TVD moments that you don't really put out there public like this because it looked bad.
Speaker 2: M hm, Well, you know what it could It was multiple things, Jeremy. It wasn't just that I don't think. I think probably they've had some bad drafts. Aaron Rodgers didn't pan out like they want him to, got hurt last year. Now this year he's crying like a little baby, you know. Uh, and and just multiple things, you know, with this team. So it wasn't just that. I don't think it was just that either. There was multiple things involved here, But Aaron Rodgers did contribute to to I would say the majority of it. Okay, that was part of the problem a little bit, I think.
Speaker 3: But everybody points out his record. But what I want to point out is Robert Salah was a defensive coach at his first coaching job. What failed him as the offense every year? Yes, and at that point, if the offense is what's failing, that's why he had a different offensive coordinator every year. The problem is when you're a first time head coach, and this is one of the things we talked all the time about when you're a first game coach, your coordinators better be experienced.
Speaker 2: Yes, absolutely so absolutely. How do you think Bill Coward and Mike Tomlin succeeded when they first started? Bill Kerr brought him Ron Erhart, Uh, you know, Don Capers, he had dick Lebou as his defensive coordinator for a little while, and then he had and when Tomlin's first come in, UH, he hired Bruce Arians and then he had Uh and then he had uh dick Lebou And you know, so that's that's what you have to do when you're a first time head coach, is bringing some really good assistance in order to you know, offset your inexperience as a head coach. You know, and you know that's what you have to do. I mean, because if you don't do it like that, forget it. And then also to another thing, Jeremy, that makes a lot and Candy. That makes a lot of coordinators bad as head coaches is when they try to be the coordinator in the head coach. Okay, they need to be a d head coach, the man, the guy who gets involved in everything, not just well, I'm going to go in the defensive room and let whoever take and do the offense and forget about everybody else, you know what I mean. You know, I've seen too many of those coaches get fired easily, Jeremy.
Speaker 1: You want to respond, it's just a.
Speaker 4: He's a head coach. You get a new offense coordinator every year.
Speaker 3: The first two years in the league, he had three different qbs starting, And I I'm not saying that Salah didn't deserve to be fired for twenty and thirty six, but the defense was never the issue once he got there. The year before he got there, the Jets defense was one of the worst at tackling.
Speaker 4: I'm talking.
Speaker 3: I'm not tiptoeing around anything. What I'm saying is Joseph Boston calls it out right there. If you have if you're going into your third or fourth season, whatever, and you've averaged six different qbs a year between injuries and poor play, the players on the field have to do better too. So you can say all of this and everything else. But at the same time, the Jets, prior to Salad being there, was one of the worst tackling defenses and now they're at a ninety tackling rate as a team. So he took it from a forty five percent tackling team and turned it into a ninety. He doubled their tackling efficients. He did his job with the defense. So I'm not as big and saying that Salah deserved to be fired as everybody else I'm saying that Nathaniel Hackett should have been fired after the second game, as bad as that offense look.
Speaker 2: And for some strange reason, Jeremy, it seems like after he left green Bay he's just been horrible, was bad in Denver as head coach, and now he's with the Jets and he's not going in it well.
Speaker 3: And it leeds credence to exactly what he was trying to do when he got to Denver with their GM just before the Walton group took over. Remember, because the first quarterback they tried to trade for was Aaron Rodgers. They offered the Packers the exact same deal as what they offered to get Wilson after Green Bay said.
Speaker 1: No, Nathaniel Hackett should never have been hired, But anybody else, he is not the coach that h people thought he was. I think that Lafleur was more involved in that offense and that Nathaniel Hackett should not have been I mean, I would not never have given him a head coaching job. And then I do not hate the Jets. Let me be clear, I don't have any reason to hate them. I don't have any reason to like them though, either. I just think they're dysfunctional. They haven't been good, they haven't had good quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: Like okay, hey, Jay, I got something for you. So the owner fired Salah without talking to the GM, the coordinators or the players. The GM chose to take Zach Wilson and told Robert Salah to accept it. The GM has picked every coordinator for him because he was hired first. Yes, and Joseph Boston says it right the whole great there. Hackett was brought in because Rogers said Salah was undermine the whole time. Jets ownership worse within the league twenty years minus Nyder.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, they knel Hackett should should have been let go a long time ago. He should, but that's neither here nor there now, and the Jets are none of our teams on this panel, thankfully, so so.
Speaker 4: I have a question for YouTube when it comes to Roberts a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, we've seen a lot of good teams with some bad defensive play, mostly due to pour tackling.
Speaker 4: Let me name them for you.
Speaker 3: The ones that have failed to tackle well, the Lions, that's the main reason why they lost versus the Buck. The Forts, that's the reason why they're behind the Seahawks and standing the Green Bay Packers that is why they fail, and stopping the run. And of course the Carolina Panthers their defensive coordinators not existent because other than the Raiders, they look like they're the second bye week on anybody in the NFC.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So I'm saying, well, makes the most sense to you for someone to hire s Law before next week starts because you could bring them in in an assistant defensive thing, saying, hey, you're our DC going forward next year?
Speaker 4: Which team needs them the most?
Speaker 2: If the forty nine ers want to stay relevant, I'd hire them back. That's what I would do.
Speaker 3: I suggested that too, because right now they're DC. Put it this way, the Panthers have the twenty ninth defense. Guess who's the thirtieth.
Speaker 2: So Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's San Francisco.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, So I we have to get back to the one. There was a question that was asked right in the beginning of the show, but we weren't talking. We weren't talking NFL at the time. So I do want to go back to Rick's question. Rick's question was I have a question for the three of you, one by one, tell me, who your top three active quarterbacks in the NFL? Right now?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, right now, Sam Darnold of Minnesota right now. Uh, let me think for a second here, probably uh oh wow, that's that's not toughie, but it's it's I would have to go through the teams to actually figure it out. Oh, Jalen Daniels from the Commanders, he's doing he's having a good year. Let's see who else? U. Baker Mayfield is not doing too bad down in Tampa. Uh you know so, hm hmm.
Speaker 4: Is that your three year right now?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That's my three at this point.
Speaker 3: I have it as well. Darnold did fall back to earth. But let's let's face it. The Week one Jaydon Daniels never got off the first uh because he lost badly to Tampa Bay in that game.
Speaker 4: So I say that a wash.
Speaker 3: That's like a one, A, one B and my second best quarterback in the league right now other than them do are technically my third. I kind of want to almost put Golf there. With the performance he had the last two weeks. He was thirty six of forty one, three touchdowns no fix in an eighty seven point eight completion percentage.
Speaker 2: Brandon Staley is the assistant head coach in San Francisco on defense. Defense.
Speaker 4: Oh, no, wonder why their defense?
Speaker 2: No wonder what their defense is? Bad? Got Jeremy Candy, no wonder.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think Golf is my third best quarterback in the league right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Golf storing good. Yeah, I forgot kind of forgot about him. But those were the or the top of my head at this point.
Speaker 1: What about Josh Allen, Yeah, got down.
Speaker 3: He's been up and down though, didn't He also lose a game already too, and it was a bad lot. And he had two games where he had less than two hundred yards passing, one of them in a law.
Speaker 4: Am I right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, tell me who your top three active quarterbacks. I mean, if if you're asking for who who I want as a quarterback right now, that's that's probably different. But let's see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lamar is sitting at eighthen yardage and stick and touchdowns. He's just not turning the ball over as much, except in the game he lost to the Raiders, and.
Speaker 2: He will be later in the season.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, you got it having a good year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but his team is I understand that.
Speaker 4: His first two weeks he was not good, No at all.
Speaker 1: But I would say there's probably that you could say that about all, like some weeks, about any one of these quarterbacks. I think it. I mean Patrick Mahomes like he hasn't had the stay.
Speaker 2: I even forgot about my.
Speaker 1: Mom, you know. But okay, so everybody has.
Speaker 2: A bad game. I mean it's not like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that a Lombardy quote? If you don't win, you lose. Yeah. What I'm saying is Robert Salat probably should have never been a head coach to begin with.
Speaker 4: Some guys are better suited to be a coordinator.
Speaker 1: And Jay, if you didn't know what my team is, you you will be disappointed because I know you're not gonna be a fan of my team. My team is the Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, which on my show we say found the purpose a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well, now Jordan Love is back, see what happens.
Speaker 1: And he's become I would say he's more of a Brett Favre than he is an Aaron Rodgers. He's more of a gunslinger and tries to needle it in and you're gonna have some yeah, Jordan Love. I would say, if Daniels can win on Sunday, he can be number three. I know, I know that's okay, but.
Speaker 2: Keep throwing everybody. His success is because of the of his coach, Cliff Kingsbury. I mean as an offensive coordinator. A lot of people don't realize Cliff Kingsbury stunk as a head coach both in Collagen and a pros great quarterback coach though, super quack.
Speaker 4: They nicknamed it.
Speaker 2: And uh, well, where was he from, Yes, Texas Tech, Yes.
Speaker 4: And then when he went to Arizona they called it the Kingsbury flot. You could go to the mid season of both.
Speaker 3: As a college head coach and as an Arizona Cardinal head coach. He literally would go like five and one in four and two, would whatever else through the first half of the season, and then go one and five, oh and six, two and four, never once broke five hundred in the second half of the season with Texas tex he goes to Arizona. There was at one point they were ten and one and they come to face the Lions. You remember this year, Ralph, Yeah, I remember that Dan Campbell's first year and we housed them and they didn't win another game all season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just you know, there's another guy that's a good quarterbacks coach and just nim Man as a head coach. Sad part about it was he didn't do it in either college nor NFL. Andy and Jeremy either one of them.
Speaker 3: So let's let's do the blind comparison here. I'm going to give you some stats for somebody, and I want you to tell me what you think of these and as I find them.
Speaker 1: Jay, the answer to your question is, yes, I grew up. I am from Wisconsin, so yes, I grew up a Wisconsin fan for all of the different sports.
Speaker 4: There we go. I got three of the top quarterbacks and Jared Goff stats right side by side for the last twenty one games, and I'm gonna give them to you.
Speaker 3: Golf is fifteen and six. Lamar because they had a bye week in those last twenty one games, is fifteen and five. It's very comparable, right. Golf has a sixty seven point nine completion percentage. Lamar has a sixty seven point one. Goff has thirty seven touchdowns, that's total touchdowns. That's with his rushing. Lamar has thirty six. Now let's go down to Pat Mahomes.
Speaker 4: We all know Pat Mahomes is a goat that is rushing and passing combined. In the last twenty one games, GoF has been fifteen and six. The Kansas City bye we came late last year.
Speaker 3: Again, he's fourteen and six, sixty seven point nine completion percentage, sixty seven point four five, five hundred and ninety yards per GoF five thousand and eighty seven for Mahomes, thirty five touchdowns, sixteen interceptions at Mahomes thirty three touchdowns and nineteen interceptions. Now, think about what I told you about last year and all the interceptions he had called back too. Passer rating ninety seven point five per golf, ninety two point one for Mahome. Now, the last one is another elite quarterback that everybody puts above GoF.
Speaker 4: Josh Allen. In his last twenty one games, he's been fourteen and seven, so he's played the same amount of games, same amount of time that Jared Goff played, sixty six point nine completion percentage.
Speaker 3: That's a whole percent less, which isn't bad. Anything about sixty five percent in the NFL is considered good to elite. Correct is what they left. Goff leads him by four hundred and seventy passing yards. He has one more touchdown in golf, but he has two more picks. The passer ratings a ninety seven point five for Golf and ninety five point eight for Josh Allen. So technically, by the statistics head to head in those games, Golf technically is a little better than everybody except Josh Allen. In the touchdown department, he has less interceptions than all of them, including Lamar. So when people say that Jared Goff isn't an elite quarterback, he puts up elite numbers. He does that when he has a good team and a good offensive line in front of him. And as long as we have that, golf will continue to put up elite numbers by the end of the season. That is what I've been trying to get through to the fans. Do you disagree with anything I said there, Candy.
Speaker 1: No, Nope, nope. I think for some reason, for some reason, we don't put golf in that elite category, and we haven't for a long time, even though you've just proved how many with his numbers and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Jeremy, I hate you for being so good. Now here's the other one. So if he's had more yards in the same amount of games, more touchdowns than all but one of them, and a better touchdown interception ratio than all of them, why isn't Golf up there in that top five when they do the quarterback rating. He's always hovering somewhere between eleven and seventeen every year despite doing that type of performance. Now, if you say the last twenty one games, you know that all of last season, plus the last two.
Speaker 4: Games of the year before and the two the few games.
Speaker 1: Now, many traits make a quarterback elite. Golf is elite at some of them.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, he still is like the fifth quarterback in wide receiver combo that both have passed and received a touchdown in the game in the same game. You want to know what's funny is the first one did it in nineteen forty two, which is only like ten years after the invention of the board path.
Speaker 4: And that's what it is. People look at golf and they don't see him taking those deep shots down field a lot, But at the same time, we've seen him do it twice out of the three paths of the Jamo so far.
Speaker 2: Let me say this, quarterbacks have to do with the defense gives them at times, and sometimes the defense doesn't give them anything and a half the social passes. I mean, you know.
Speaker 1: That's and some Let's also face it, Ralph, Sometimes if you get behind in a game, you become very one dimensional, and if you don't have a good running game, you become one dimensional, and so all you're doing is throwing, throwing, throwing, throwing, throwing. I mean, what game was it? The quarterback through what tried fifty five attempts?
Speaker 4: I mean, like that's just that these guys. That was that was versus Tampa Bay. We couldn't run.
Speaker 3: Everybody thought we weren't running the ball well, but when you look at the stats, we actually ran the ball very well. What we didn't do is score in the red zone. Why because as soon as we got within the twenty, we started trying to pass the ball and instead of running it. And it wasn't because they stopped the run. It's because we stopped running it after we got to the red zone. Right, So it was fifty four attempts by Golf and now he had less than a fifty percent completion percentage, he still had over three hundred yards and we had one hundred and eighty nine yards on the ground. Bottom line, Sport says, my Cowboys upset the Lions. You better hope so, because otherwise you're owing three at home cowgirls.
Speaker 2: Yeah oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And Tom Brady also talked about the system quarterback thing. He goes, that is such a bad nickname for a good quarterback because guess what, there are thirty two systems in the NFL, and every QB is a product of that system.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: So a system QB just means you're a franchise quarterback technically, is what I'm trying to get through to people.
Speaker 1: Yep, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 3: Okay, guys, bottom line, what's the verdict on persons of the in or out?
Speaker 4: Because they say week to week with that igh ankle screen.
Speaker 5: Good question, right, yeah, yeah, any anything else, somebody, you guys want to talk about any other before we get to My Town.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything else.
Speaker 1: So if if you have mm hmm, if you haven't watched the show before, the one of the segments we do on on Fire Up is my Town and it's where all the panelists can talk about what's happening either in the town that they live in or in the town that they grew up in if they'd rather, So let's start with mister Ralph, what's happening in your town?
Speaker 2: Well, it's starting to become fall weather here. It's skint and chili that is happening. So and they're fixing continuing to fix up our building here that just had a fire here about three weeks ago. That's going on. But sports wise, the Penguins got blown out last night. We're gonna see what they do tonight against Detroit. And then the Steelers, on the other hand, can't figure out what quarterback is gonna play this Sunday, but I'm hearing his Justin Fields. But I did hear today from one of my sources that Justin Fields will play, but he will be on a short leash, which means and Russell Wilson is ready to play, so he will be the backup quarterback based on Justin Field's performance. And we're gonna hope the Steelers don't lay an egg this week against the last Vegas rate has like they have, but like they did against Dallas and uh so and now I got to aid it because they came into our home field and beat us. We shouldn't have lost that game. But you know what else is new? But yeah, so that's going on, and uh, in my town, that's really about it. It's not a whole lot going on other than our county executive pissing off property owners because she wants to raise property taxes up forty seven percent. Other than that, that's it.
Speaker 1: Mister Jeremy, what would you say going on?
Speaker 4: So, even though we lost the day, in two days, we will have three Schooble on the mountain there in Cleveland, and so far he's been unhittable by the Guardians. So I expect that the Tigers shall take that on and win.
Speaker 3: And well, Micah Parsons, though Lawrence is on the I are guyton is week two. I don't know if he's playing or not because they said it looked like he could, but he might not. I expect the Lions to win thirty four to seventeen.
Speaker 1: Okay, Ken, So what's happening in my town? Well, the town I live in down here in Florida. The Florida Panthers open their season on Tuesday night. As most of you know, we do cover the Miami Hurricanes college football. They have a bye this week, so we will be at the Florida Atlantic game versus Wagner.
Speaker 2: Oh, that'll be a hard game. Wagner's a very tough competitor.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to fight myke tongue because it's the Miami and Hurricanes on the bye week, but two hit this past week.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, uh back home where I would say, since I'm originally from Wisconsin, Wisconsin is on the road this week playing Rutgers. Was on the road, Wisconsin. Wisconsin Badgers are playing Rutgers.
Speaker 2: You know what, Rutgers isn't doing too bad this year, believe it or not. I mean, they're actually going quite okay.
Speaker 1: Rutgers is four and one. They actually beat Howard in week one, they beat beat Akron in week two, Virginia Tech in week three, Washington in week four, and then lost to Nebraska last week. Now, the reason why I'm going to say, I think it's going to be a tougher game. Let's face it, if you don't all know that the Wisconsin's quarterback, first string quarter back Tyler Van Dyke is out for the year, and then Malusey is out. So with both of those out, Wisconsin doesn't have the backups that a lot of other some of the bigger elite teams do, so I think it'll be a test. Plus they're on the road. So Wisconsin the team that we thought would be good, but they are not. But they are they Like I just said, when Wisconsin's first string quarter I mean when they got Tyler van Dyke, and not that I was really high on Tyler van Dyke because he played down here in Miami and I've seen him play. But when he went down, we went to the next quarterback. And for Wisconsin, a not an elite program, your second string or third string, it's tougher, Katie, If you could have a jersey other than Green Bay, which one would it be? Oh, that's a good question. He was Wisconsin or are you talking?
Speaker 4: I know where it's going.
Speaker 1: It is it would not be Detroit. And I'm sorry to say that for you guys, but I you know, for some reason, I always until the Denver Broncos took them, took Green Bay out of the when they won the Super Bowl over US, I had always liked for some reason, I had always liked John Olway. I'll be honest with you. I always thought he was good and I liked him. I and Jay I do not hate Detroit. I just know my team plays against Detroit, and I would say that I give respect where respect is earned.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I never trash talk. Maybe a little bit with my husband, a little bit, but normally not on this kind of panel, you know, in I do not trash talk. But Jeremy, I'm putting in order in for our number seven jersey for kids.
Speaker 4: Okay, I will contact you. Yes, I have your number. I'll text you when we're getting ready.
Speaker 2: To do it. Uh.
Speaker 1: Oh, what are you guys doing?
Speaker 3: No, I have a line on the company that sows all of the Nike jerseys is in China, and I have a line through one of the supply flyers. So I actually get stitched official NFL jerseys, just like you can buy it Dunhams, which are not game authentic jerseys. They're just authentic NFL jerseys, the ones you pay anywhere from one hundred and sixty to two hundred bucks for. I get them for a round sixty five seventy bucks.
Speaker 4: Ship Wow.
Speaker 1: Only request is to be candy. Huh. My boss would like that because my boss is definitely a Broncos fan. And that's not the reason I like the Broncos.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why would you like it in the old original orange orange crush?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I interviewed one of the current Bronco coaches once. Yeah, I used to have a show called Ralph's RLF Williams. One on one. I interviewed assistant head coach Mike Westof.
Speaker 1: I can say one thing, Jay, that my husband has tried to get me to wear a Lion's anything, even a baseball cap, and I just I just won't. And part of it is just because you guys are in my division. It's not that I won't like you guys. I would. I would root for you guys over Chicago or Minnesota any day of the week. Let me put it to you that way.
Speaker 3: And Candy knows because we've talked about it the last ten years. Detroit has not been an easy out for Green Bay. Nope, in the last three years. Definitely not correct. So it is nothing to do with the friendly banter of us two people backstage talking a little crap to one another, because we do that, but you know what, we do it with respect. I never degrade her as a person, she never degrades me as a person. Will we talk our crap about the teams and how they play.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, I actually have uh Brett Favre Jersey and Aaron Rodgers Jersey. I have. I'm trying to think I have two others.
Speaker 2: I have.
Speaker 3: Start to read what he said right there. He had to give it away because he hated Brett Barv so much.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yep, yes.
Speaker 4: Mm and James burd just about the other. I am seeing Dad on Saturdays, so I'll pick that up for you then and I'll have it sent out next week. I did an auction for one of our.
Speaker 3: Guys and he bought a couple of items, and I just haven't been to Dad to pick up the items so I could chip it.
Speaker 1: Understand. I understand. Well, guys, anything else we want to talk about tonight?
Speaker 2: Not really, I don't have anything.
Speaker 3: No, let's have some good baseball going for it. And yes, m Seattle's making a comeback. It is now seventeen.
Speaker 1: Oh, my husband would love a Barry Sanders Jersey. When is Ralph writing a book?
Speaker 2: I'm not into writing books. I can get someone to do it for me, but.
Speaker 1: That reminds me I should be uh have a book to publicize lessons from the microphone, tuning into the enduring wisdom of visionary leaders. It is written by my husband, Scott the MotorCity Madmouth Morgan Roth. It talks about his forty plus years in the media industry and how it has changed. It has some great stories in there, and there's a picture of a young Scott with the young Muhammad Ali. Get your copy on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. There's also a link on our website www dot self Flordatribune dot com where Jeremy writes for us as well, so you can read his writing.
Speaker 4: There to write for somebody I didn't know all that.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jay has two Barry Sanders jerseys.
Speaker 4: Ah, I have my original thing I am later on like I think it was either chapter nine or chapter ten.
Speaker 3: Somewhere in there towards the end of the book. I don't remember what paid, and yet it takes money to publish a books.
Speaker 1: Candy, what picture from sports was your favorite picture? Now I'm gonna you guys are not gonna like the answer to this question, because I'm gonna tell you the picture that I took that I like the most, that I do not have up on any website. At all, I took it if I don't know, if any I don't even remember exactly the game. But I was at Lambeaufield. I was in the tunnel and Rogers. It was after halftime and Rogers had gotten injured during the first half and he was not he didn't go out with the rest of the team to go out into the tunnel yet. So he is actually standing in the tunnel with a green light coming down on him. Is Rogers Jersey, Uh, And I took and I actually took the picture and I have it. It kind of reminds me of the the commercial, the Coca Cola commercial with me Joe Green and but it's Jaron Rodgers in the picture, and I just thought it was a cool picture and stuff like that. But I have taken lots of other pictures I've been. I've been on lambeau Field. That's a pretty iconic place to take pictures.
Speaker 4: Like share it, share it, cheer it.
Speaker 1: I know, yes I haven't. Let's see, maybe I don't write it.
Speaker 3: I I will try to do that, James Burgess, but uh, I have to have a little more credibility with my writing before I will get those credentials.
Speaker 4: But once it happened. Yes, I would be happy to.
Speaker 3: Go anywhere and meet up with you and write about that type of stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, And I will say Camp Randall is an awesome place to go. I mean, I have been to the Big House, but I think Camp. I do enjoy Camp Randall. I enjoy I have been to Ford Field. I've been to Times Square with the Giants and Packers playing. It was snowing that yep, that one.
Speaker 4: That was a great game.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Hey kid.
Speaker 4: By the way, somebody asked me on my podcast about when was the last time Aaron Rodgers threw three interceptions in the same game? And I know, I know it was Week eighteen versus the Lions when he was with the Packers because Kirby had two of them and Aiden nuts and had together.
Speaker 1: So Jay, I'm going to answer this for my husband, because the saddest sports moment ever. He actually was at the game where the only guy died on the field, where Chuck Hughes died on the field.
Speaker 2: WHOA.
Speaker 1: Yes, he was there.
Speaker 4: Yep, and that was in I wouldn't have took right, isn't that what that was?
Speaker 1: I remember right, something like that? Yeah, yeah, and yes, it is in the I believe that isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yes? I think it's when he mentioned how much he hates.
Speaker 1: Yes in the book, Yes, Yes, how old?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: What year was that when Chuck Hughes died. Let's see Chuck qes y suck.
Speaker 4: It was seventy one, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, October twenty fourth, nineteen seventy one. Scott would have been nine years old. Eight years old.
Speaker 4: He Ji says, yes, Bothella and Edwards lol.
Speaker 1: And love when you sure old.
Speaker 3: One of my favorite memories was being at the game because up until that point, they said the longest home run ever hit out at Tiger Stadium was Reggie Jackson in nineteen eighty one when he cleared the bleachers and hit the hit the light post. I was at the game when Kirk Gibson hit the ball so hard it went across the road into the lumberyard, the one you looked up Candy where they estimated it was over seven hundred feet mm hmm, because it couldn't get that far unless it went over seven hundred feet because it landed inside the fence of the lumberyard. I wanted to if I remember it. That was early during that thirty four thirty five and five runs. And if I remember right, we had just started playing baseball in April that year, because that was one of the first years that went to one hundred and forty games.
Speaker 4: That was the early eighties, wasn't it, Ralph?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, and I believe it was April twenty eighth, nineteen eighty four. He hit it over the right center field and it went across the street to the Eighth Lumberyard. It was their warehouse for Eighth lumber so it literally landed in that lumberyard in Ralph. What's your favorite sports memory that you remember?
Speaker 2: You mean bad, you mean a bad one or a good one?
Speaker 4: Favorite?
Speaker 2: My favorite one was and unfortunately for me, I was walking across the Clemeny Bridge because the Pirates were down four runs to the Houston Astros at the time, and I was walking across the bridge to Clemeny Bridge with my brother in law, and all of a sudden, I hear the fire. Our work's going off because Brian Giles hit they hit a home run, and the Pirates ended up winning the game because he hit a grand slam with the bases loaded, two outs and he had two strikes on him and I said, oh, we're done. So we so my brother in law and I we just decided to start walk started across the Clementy Bridge. The next thing you know, there's a home run hit and we won the game. We end up winning both both games. It was a doubleheader against Houston.
Speaker 4: That would be a huge thing to see, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It was, but we had to watch the home run from the Clemeny Bridge because we we had left thinking how I got it's two outs too?
Speaker 4: You know that would be like your best worst moment at the present.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Yeah, that was a good That was a good one there, and uh you know, uh the bad one. The two bad ones were Ryan Shazier getting hurt for the Steelers and then themar Hamlin getting hurt. Uh that and then and they had to you know, that was the two bad ones that I didn't like that, you know, injuries and stuff. It is someone that got hurt. That wasn't what that wasn't two of my favorite games. Yep.
Speaker 3: I remember that watching post them. I remember watching it on TV. I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and tomorrow Amblin was a scary moment too, Yes, it was. I actually was live during that. I was doing my own show during that, but we were doing our show and I couldn't finish because that was what two years ago now.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it's at least been two years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the second year. It was December, if I remember right that year.
Speaker 2: The interesting part about it was I lived in the neighborhood where Damorrow Camblin lived at one time, in Key's Rocks, and he went to Stow Rocks High School. I used to live in the community not too far from his house.
Speaker 3: So I think my second saddest moment that I remember of I can't remember the coach's name, but he drove naked through the Windy's drive through and got arrested for the Lions culin Joe Cullen, that was his name.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you another good one was the Roethlisberger catch or throw to Santonio Holmes in the Super Bowl against Arizona. That was a good That was a great play that I enjoyed watching over the years. And the razzle dazzle play that the Steelers did against Seattle in the Super Bowl too, that was another good one.
Speaker 4: His was Mike Gutley. Yeah, that was awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Mike Godley was bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Andy, any issues? And what did Scott make you for dinner?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Any issues from the hurricane? Luckily no, at least not on my side or anything. We didn't have to have any damage. I can tell you that a couple of my employees, some of their relatives had damage. But other than that, we really luckily. We didn't even lose power. So thankfully we're safe from the hurricane. And Scott does not cook, so that did not make me dinner. I cooked dinner, so yeah, didn't even lose power. Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a good one here. What did Scott make you for dinner?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: I didn't know that. I thought he was a cook.
Speaker 1: He will tell you. He will tell you about the time if you want to ask him you he will tell you about the time he microwaved a grilled cheese sandwich and the microwave for I think four minutes. It was more of a hockey puck than anything else. I told him that he looks like a cook. That's kind of funny. What did I make I made night tonight? We just had leftovers I had made. We had some leftover pork and some leftover chicken, and we had some grapes, so.
Speaker 3: Half the glasses. He has the mustache. If he wore the chef and had the big wooden spoon and.
Speaker 4: Pork, I would love to hear him go kee keeper keeper keep.
Speaker 1: Working chicken in the same meal. Yes, because we had leftovers and we were just finishing them up so they were done.
Speaker 4: I made they laugh mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Seriously say those are Scott's words.
Speaker 3: Yep, yeah, that's why you said it. Yeah, really serious, that's the way you do it.
Speaker 2: Yes, wants to know what we all had for dinner? I suppose.
Speaker 4: I had bullness chicken wings of other words, giant chicken nugget mm hmm, yes, the Swedish chef.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, anything else you like.
Speaker 2: My wife and I were too tired tonight to cook, so we stopped at Wendy's and grabbed a couple of burgers.
Speaker 4: Burgers are the way to go if you're not going to cook, that's the way to go. Yeah, fast food, right, Jay. I had a burger.
Speaker 2: From Wendy's and my lovely wife did as well. Yeah. I can't eat McDonald's food anymore. I get sick on it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, man, that chicken big back with that thousand Island dressing. Man, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just.
Speaker 2: I want to try it, but I don't want to go through being sick.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're in the Detroit area, Scott would tell you gotta get Big Boy.
Speaker 2: Is alb sto upper. I'll be's Big Boy. Huh.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Patty Grimes, Big John Steak and Onions is one of my absolute favorites.
Speaker 4: And uh, the sadest day of my life happened just a.
Speaker 2: Two weeks ago. Thanks, I got I got something for you about McDonald's. The French fry supplier for them is laying off employees because they said they're not making enough money, which means McDonald's is not ordering a whole lot of French fries and they're not making money off of McDonald's.
Speaker 3: So Big John Steak and Onions has had pretty much the basic menu of steak and onion sandwiches in favor.
Speaker 4: Established in nineteen twenty four, my stepfather.
Speaker 3: In nineteen eighty five introduced me to Big John mistaken on ah.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 3: I told you one of the reasons I moved in here is he's been dealing with dementia.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: So We're riding in the truck and he goes, what do you want for lunch?
Speaker 3: I said, well, Big John State sounds good, and he literally asked the question.
Speaker 4: What did they have on the menu? And that right there was when it hit me how bad.
Speaker 1: It's mm hmm.
Speaker 4: And I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: I may be a Roman, but ever since what I've been through and what it put me through to hide things, uh, I broke down a little bit, but I held it until I got home because I couldn't let him know it.
Speaker 1: Of right, right, it's hard. It's tough. That's really tough to see somebody going through that. Yeah, it's tough. On that note, mister Jeremy, how do we close out all of our shows? We want to first thank everybody. Well, let's go through how people can get ahold of us. Let's do that first. Well, people get ahold of.
Speaker 2: You Facebook YouTube. I have my own YouTube channel. Check out all my shows and archive versions, and please subscribe. I need twenty four more subscribers in order to make two hundred, and it's been a struggle. So I need twenty four. Call your friend, call your cousin, call somebody, get them to subscribe to my YouTube channel. Also, I have one radio show right now and in the process having a second one. It's a sports corner radio show every Saturday two to three pm on twelve fifty AM ninety two point five FM here in Pittsburgh. It's called The Answer. I also will be having a second show coming up starting Saturday, November ninth at eight am to nine am, and it's called The Ralph Williams Show. But here's the kicker of them all right now, you get me twice on a Saturday in November ninth, you get me three times because nine o'clock am until ten pm live on YouTube, Facebook and Twitch is the External Bum Show with Me, Scott Morgan, Roth, Leo Haggerty, and Jeremy Balwick. It's gonna be this week. It's gonna be myself, Candy and Jeremy. Scott has other uh has other arrangements. And Leoh disappeared because of the hurricane and is not available. So say prayers for his family and all the other ones as well.
Speaker 4: There's for Leo. I hope he's okay.
Speaker 2: He's with his son up in Charleston, South Carolina. You got out for the first Hurricane Aline and he's still there for Milton. So he's living in his son's house until the coast is clear to come back.
Speaker 4: I would too.
Speaker 3: It sounds like that whole corridor on that western side of the state's going to be tore up from Jacksonville to Tampa.
Speaker 4: For a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my friends and not kids live in St. Augustine, Florida. They said everything's okay. They're okay. So and I'm gonna reach out to what I'm gonna reach out to Blake Gray Kennedy and uh and Harry the Greek tonight before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Harry the Greek was great. I remember me him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he said he would leave, but his his mother lives with him and his wife and she's ninety years old.
Speaker 1: They can't go nowhere, Jeremy, How can we get a hold of you?
Speaker 3: Well, you can read my ratings right here on the South Worida Tribune dot com under the MotorCity Tribune heading. You can find me right here on the South Florida Tribune channel, occasionally on Inside the picskin on the MotorCity mad Mouth Show, and also Fire Up. Then of course there's my channel where you never know where I'm going to when and when I might be live because when I'm asked to be a guest, I share it to my channel, such as I do with this show, sharing from the Self Florida Tribune channel to my channel, which is Natcat Biting with MotorCity Lions. My daily show is from noon to one. That's Lions Thought with smoking. Jeremy b Yeah, this isn't my show, so I can't do that.
Speaker 2: Jay.
Speaker 3: I know what you're talking about, and it would get me in a lot of hot water with the publisher.
Speaker 4: This isn't that type of show.
Speaker 1: So you are watching the Self Florida Tribune YouTube channel. We published a book Scott wrote it, Lessons from the Microphone Tuning and During Wisdom of Visionary Leaders. You can get it on Amazon, Marnes and Noble, Kindle, Apple, and Google Books. It talks about Scott's forty plus years in the industry and how it has changed. There is a link on our website www. Dot self Florida Tribune dot com where we also have a link to our merchandise store where you can buy hats, caps, t shirts, you name it. Go check it out. You can also check out Jeremy's writing, Scott's writing, my pictures, all kinds of other great information. But we do want to say thank you to everybody that has been in the chat room tonight and as always, and we would also ask you from us here at South Florid A Tribune, that you go and check out everybody else's podcast, their YouTube channels, subscribe, go watch them because they're giving their time to us, so we want you to also, you know, watch them and support them as well. With that being said, mister Jeremy, how do we close out our shows?
Speaker 3: Try every day to be a better person than you've heard the day before. That's the only way to make the world a better place. It starts right here. Much love to everybody in the chap May you have a safe and blessed weekend.
Speaker 4: May your parlays hit and any bets you may win, have.
Speaker 1: A good week everybody and everybody be safe. Good night,