Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up bad news, didn't need advice.
Speaker 2: Who you don't have to.
Speaker 3: Come running just as.
Speaker 4: Fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shoe Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hey.
Speaker 6: Hey, hey, I'm here solving problems, answering questions, taking complaints, and making your life just a little easier. Now, I'm sure I have Mark on he just what's up? Just texted me? Mark? Did you ask about your video in the studio?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 8: No, I just didn't see any video at all.
Speaker 6: Do you see it now?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: I didn't start it. Oh my god, that would experin You're right, Mark, Mark. No jokes, Oh, you can't do Biden jokes anymore because he's not in office. No, so do a Trump joke on me. I'll be I wouldn't mind being called as smart as Trump. Gosh does he use? He's the new poker player when it comes to tariffs, isn't he?
Speaker 8: Oh you see how we handled Columbia?
Speaker 6: Wow? Oh my god? Did did did they did they like turn? Did they turn?
Speaker 9: Or what?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: By the way, guys, we are streaming now. I apologize for everyone. We are streaming now. No panics. Three oh three, seven one three talks seven one three two five five That was my bad and Mark, you're right, man, Holy crap.
Speaker 8: It was like it was like, uh, it was instant.
Speaker 4: He's like twenty five percent. We're gonna kill all your visas. You're not gonna be able to travel. We're gonna screw with your embassy. And that's right now. Next week we're gonna do more.
Speaker 6: Anyway, let's uh, let's.
Speaker 4: Know, you forget really quick. People do forget how powerful we are as a nation. Everybody else depends on us. We have all the power right here in the good old USA.
Speaker 6: Well, we have all the consumers. I mean, we have most of the consuming public basically, even though other countries have billions of people.
Speaker 10: Do you know how many overseas bases we have, Tom.
Speaker 6: How many?
Speaker 11: About eight hundred?
Speaker 6: Really? Wow? By the way, today I have water pros with me. And he seemed a little pensive, a little pista uffing. He says, you know, Tom, here's what he said to me. Do you know how like you get upset when just the same scams happen over and over and people are like getting ripped. He said, I'm kind of like that. I'm just sick and tired of it. And what he's sick and tired of are forever chemicals in water. And we're going to talk about that coming up. But I think I summed that up, Paul. If you had to say yes or no, absolutely correct. You're pissed off.
Speaker 11: It's been going on for fifty years and it's been one of the biggest cover ups in society today.
Speaker 6: I know, you know what. It's funny how how we pay so much attention, like I said, too, eating organic stuff and now cage free chickens and beef and no antibiotics and that's all good, but then we ignore water. Hey, Tim, what's going on in your life? Tim? Let me let me get right to the callers as usual? Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five Major Mark Major at the mothership along with deputy Doc. I heard who else is in? What other deputies are there?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: No, I'm at home, brother.
Speaker 10: I'm here. Tom.
Speaker 6: Oh you are okay? Well, somebody turn on a camera and we'll bring other people in. Mark if you want to turn on the camera anyway. So, Tim, what's going on with home Depot?
Speaker 7: Well, good morning, Tom, Hey, listening to you for forty five years and the first time I've called thank you, not too bad.
Speaker 6: Thank you. I hope you can listen to another forty five We'll see.
Speaker 7: You and me bo. Hey. So I've got a nightmare going on. I purchased a trader at home depot on December fourth. I canceled the order because I found a better deal on the fifth. No big deal, it was all online. I canceled it. A little bit of a nightmare on the delivery stuff, but all said and done, and yeah, he asked me the questions.
Speaker 12: But I get you.
Speaker 6: You ordered and canceled. So when was it canceled?
Speaker 7: It was canceled the next day, twelve five?
Speaker 6: Okay, so what's going on man?
Speaker 7: So you know, everything was delivered, all fine and dandy. They could not cancel it. It had to be delivered. Once it was delivered, then they had to set up a pick up. That was another twenty day nightmaret. No biggie, Okay, I got mad and all said and done.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, so you did you did take delivery? You did take delivery.
Speaker 7: Yeah. I was forced to take delivery because it was all in motion. But that didn't happen until about the.
Speaker 6: Ten final Oh, so it didn't even come until twelve ten.
Speaker 7: Right, and then they came and picked it up finally on the thirtieth of December, and that's when the refund was initiated. Well, because they initiated the refund, PayPal never did get the refund. I called PayPal. They said, well, that's home Depot. They've got to give you the refund. I called home Depot. We don't we issued that refund. They said, well, do you ever receie.
Speaker 6: Now you paid? You paid through PayPal, yes, sir, and pay and so normally the way it works, normally the way it works if you pay through PayPal, they refund through PayPal normally.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 6: So what went wrong?
Speaker 7: Man? But it just just all went wrong. I can't get my money back.
Speaker 6: There's like, here's what I want to know. This is important. This is important. Does home depots say that you are entitled to a refund, that's the first thing.
Speaker 7: Yes, And I've got a money trail. Okay, they gave me.
Speaker 6: Listen, I don't care about that. One question. They acknowledge you do a refund, so that's good. Number Two. Do they acknowledge that they sent a refund through PayPal?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: They sent a refund to your PayPal account. Yes, Now if you go in and check your PayPal account.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll pause right there. They they acknowledged to me they sent it. They gave me paper that they sent it, and that's all I've got in PayPal saying we don't have nothing.
Speaker 6: Did they say they sent it to your PayPal account?
Speaker 7: Yes, they did, they said they.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you pay Pal, I'm going to ask again, Tim. They specifically said, they sent the refund to your PayPal account, correct, but your PayPal account is not showing a credit.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 6: Okay. Now PayPal says.
Speaker 12: What.
Speaker 7: So the PayPal is only showing the transaction, and so.
Speaker 6: I said, got it?
Speaker 7: Dispute the dispute when.
Speaker 6: It shows the payment but not the refund.
Speaker 7: Right, And so they declined it. I escalated and I said, to you guys are saying, okay, great transaction, that's fine and dandy, but I need my refund, when they're like nope, okay. So then I called Home Depot back on Friday and I'm like, I don't understand. I go, did they call you you?
Speaker 6: But before you go on, here's what I want to know is PayPal normally with a friendly transaction where a credit or refund is issued. They don't dispute the charge. But before I understand why you did it, here's my question. Does PayPal say they've gotten nothing from home Depot?
Speaker 7: That's correct, that's what they say. Okay, all right, And so when I when I initiated my dispute, they said they got a hold of home Depot. I called home Depot and they said, we don't have no record of a PayPal even contacting us.
Speaker 6: How do you fund your PayPal account?
Speaker 7: Well, there's two ways that you can fund it through your credit card. You can fund it through your bank account, or you can fund it through PayPal credit. And that's what this was.
Speaker 6: How did you fund it.
Speaker 7: Through PayPal credit?
Speaker 6: Okay? So PayPal credit shows you, oh, how much.
Speaker 7: Sixteen eighty four one six and eighty four dollars?
Speaker 6: Okay? Do you have anyone you can talk to a PayPal.
Speaker 7: No, it's a it's a different it's it seems like it's an offshore, and so I get somebody different each time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and nobody's listening to you. Here's where I believe, Here's where I believe the mistake is. Here is where I believe the mistake is with home Depot. These people do not know how to credit PayPal. I'll guarantee it because PayPal would have no reason not to just wipe it out. They would have no reason. They don't care. Now PayPal is a wrinkle. I don't like PayPal. Sucks. PayPal, what was supposed to make payments better is the worst. It adds another layer of red tape. It is the worst it is. But I don't believe home Depot issued a credit properly. You said they sent you a bunch of stuff. What did they send you?
Speaker 7: They just sent me a receipt that shows and let me I should have prefaced by saying in that first transaction that I did, it was the grill and a cover. The cover was at the store. They refunded that right away. I've got that receipt. It shows that the one hundred and fifty one bucks. But then because it's the order of an off site order of the grill, that's what's in hiccup right now. So they sent me that paper trail. I see it. You can view it on the receipt. And then right there they've got refund PayPal and that's it. And a transaction ID PayPal does not.
Speaker 8: So if you give that transaction ID to PayPal, what do they say?
Speaker 7: I gave it to them, I inserted it. You know where you create that that appeal and they still denied it. They said the transaction looked good, and they only it was good.
Speaker 6: It was good. Disputing is not the way to go. Hold on a second, I'll have.
Speaker 4: I'm saying on the refund one where you have something showing they refunded it to PayPal. Did you give them that transaction number?
Speaker 7: Yes, sir?
Speaker 8: And what they say?
Speaker 7: And they they said, we don't have that.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, hold on, I have some ideas. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Frank durand the real estate man does market valuations of your home to tell you what it will sell for, what you will net, what you can buy, what the neighborhood's like, the comps, what your competition is, supply and demand and interest rates, all factors. And it's a complementary service from the one and only Frank Duran, the real estate Man dot com three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, you can always text me. You know, I have an exclusive text line that comes right to my cell phone seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. You can text me there about anything about the show, any consumer problem, any personal problems you're having. You know that you need input and my financial advicement firm i'l if you have questions about that or need help or want to talk to me about that, we can do that. So it's really an all purpose text line seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. Mark, what suggestions, man, do you have for this PayPal? I think it's home deposts problem, but I'm not positive. I just think it is. Now. The first refund went through for that partial refund when he returned something, but the second one didn't. Do you have any ideas, Mark?
Speaker 4: Well, how long does it take for them to receive that item back? First of all, I don't know how the timeframe was. So they came out, they picked it up, they receive it. Then I assume at that point they go ahead and issue the refund and then from that point, from what I can find, it can take anywhere from one to seven days.
Speaker 8: So what is the timeframe of when they.
Speaker 6: Picked it up?
Speaker 9: Do you?
Speaker 13: Guys?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I think Marcus got a really good point. They're going to process the refund. I mean, they're going to process the return, look to see if anything is missing.
Speaker 8: But what I would do?
Speaker 14: The first thing I would do, and if you, if you assign this case to me, my first step would be to actually call the store manager that the nearest home depot. Actually I would I think our callers should show up over there with all his paperwork and say, look, this can't be the first time you've heard of a problem like that. What do you typically do?
Speaker 11: You guys got it back.
Speaker 14: Here's the receiving report, here's the acknowledgment that I'm doing refund?
Speaker 8: Where is it?
Speaker 14: Can you help me out with this? That manager probably deals with us all the time.
Speaker 15: I like his idea.
Speaker 8: Can I go?
Speaker 4: I'd reach out to the district office, not the notest store manager.
Speaker 14: Yeah, read, that's a really good way to escalate.
Speaker 6: Let's let's have Deputy D help you out.
Speaker 7: Bro Okay, Okay, yeah, no, that sounds good because this is an online so it has nothing to do with the store, which was my son lives down on the Springs in which.
Speaker 6: I ordered for and that's so online, so there is no particular store that's right.
Speaker 7: And I'm like, I said, you you always say follow the money, right, and I get the trail and I see the once they picked it up, that was kind of infuriating on how long it took them to pick it up. But on December thirtieth, when they picked it up, that refund was initiated. I'm looking at their money trail in front of me at one o three PM, says refund. It's got looks like what would be my account and a transaction number and minus the sixteen eighty two oh three.
Speaker 6: I don't, okay from what I'm I'm seeing and from what I'm seeing with PayPal, listen with PayPal credit. Here's what I'm seeing that the timeline normally for a refund is five to ten days for normal refunds to show up. But when you add on top of that that you you basically got a loan from PayPal. So here's what has to happen. The credit has to come on five to ten days. That credit then is sent to the credit department, not to your normal PayPal account. They have to process it and literally cancel what is like a loan, which adds another twenty days, so that would be a month. Now, I'm not saying they're doing it, by the way, and I'm not saying sit tight. We're still going to look into it. But when you have PayPal credit on top of a refund, the refund goes to your PayPal account, which is sent to PayPal credit. PayPal credit cancels that loan.
Speaker 8: Well has a second too.
Speaker 4: I mean, the whole started this though, was when Trager receives that grill back or that smoker back. So I don't know how long it takes for Tregay, Okay, we got.
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait, I'm sorry, was I mistaken he didn't buy a trailer. I thought he said trailer. I'm sorry, Tragger, grill, what smoker? Okay, okay, well it does matter, so so same thing. I mean, yeah, so okay, what do you think? Then we wait a little No, we give it to Deputy D. But D keep in mind it could be a thirty day process anyway. But the fact the thing that bothers me. Is that they say they don't even see any adviceive credit. What were you going to say?
Speaker 7: I just wanted to tell you that when I told you I changed my mind. I went to as Oh, by the way, did it really good? Because I ordered the grill we received it it was too small?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that has nothing to do with anything, and that has nothing to do.
Speaker 7: I know, sir. But when when I anseled that the refund came through PayPal immediately, that within five.
Speaker 8: Minutes because you returned it to the store.
Speaker 7: Bro Okay, fair enough, Yeah, fair enough?
Speaker 6: Hey Tim, Tim, don't ever call me sir again, ma'am. No, call me your highness, Hey Tim. We're going to put it through to Deputy d hold on, all right, Bro. Joseph wants to know about collecting a settlement or an issue. Hey Joseph, I'm going to take you after the break, but I need to know something. What's the settlement we're talking about? Is this something from a lawsuit or watch? Just explain the settlement first.
Speaker 13: Okay, it was I was in a car accident back in twenty one two of December. Oh settled, It had settled ten months ago, and the settlement was supposed to go to my bad child support.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, wait, and it was settled ten months ago. Did you have an attorney?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: And what is your attorney saying? The money? Where's the money?
Speaker 13: Hold an attorney? Every time I called them, they never returned my call.
Speaker 6: So wait a minute, let me get this straight. Joe, you've never seen the money and they said it was settled ten months ago. How much money did you have coming? Tell me about the settlement?
Speaker 13: Twenty two?
Speaker 6: What did he get disconnected?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 14: We got cut off from Joe?
Speaker 6: Joe bro did he hang up? Joe? How much money was the settlement? How much was the settlement?
Speaker 13: Twenty two.
Speaker 16: Four hundred?
Speaker 13: Okay, three dollars and some change?
Speaker 6: So twenty two four hundred? Basically is that the whole settlement? Or you're part of it?
Speaker 13: Settlement three thousand?
Speaker 6: Get them, We have to reassig. I'm not going to do this. We need to get a better connection. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. I'll talk to him after this if he can. If he can talk, I don't know if it's our fault or his, but I can't hear anything he's saying. I know he said something about twenty two four. I don't know if that's his share. I don't know if that's the whole settlement. I need the whole settlement. What is his share? It's in the attorney's trust account. The attorney can be disbarred. I also want to get John Fuller on to address this. As an attorney expert, he has nothing to do with this. Three oh three seven one three A two five five eight eight eight. Heating dot Com call him for a high efficiency replacements of heating and air. They're great people. I'll tell you a little more about him coming up. But they have the guaranteed lowest prices eight eight eight Heating dot Com. Hey, I'm Tom Martinez, your troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, let's talk now. I have John Fuller as my expert here. He's he's actually our accident expert. He really is and has been that for years. Also one of the few you can talk to before you hire him and ask him about accidents and stuff. And then after you hire him, you get you get a cell phone number you can call her text John Fuller. Joseph is telling us that his accident was settled ten months ago, and Joseph, come on up again, and here's the problem. So ten months ago you signed all the settlements. What was the total settlement and how much was your share?
Speaker 13: The total settlement was forty thousand dollars and my share was twenty two thousand, four hundred and fifty three dollars.
Speaker 6: Okay, So basically forty thousand and then your share. And obviously there were probably some expenses or whatever. But does that does that sound first of all, John Fuller, that doesn't sound out of whack, does it? Or does it?
Speaker 17: No, it's possible. It sounds like he has an attorney involved.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So now here's what he says. Here's what he says. Since that settlement, he's not hurt anything. That money was supposed to be sent to child for his back child support and and you know, Joseph that they did not get that. Is that correct?
Speaker 13: Correct? I just got off the phone with them this morning to again, and.
Speaker 6: You're talking about them meaning the registry it was going through or was it going through your wife directly?
Speaker 13: No child support registry?
Speaker 6: Okay, now just you.
Speaker 13: Know, yeah, Colorado child support.
Speaker 17: Okay, So there's a number of issues here. Tom that that could be going on, and I don't know the caller, and I don't know the caller's attorney, but just speaking generically about cases like this, we have certain parties out there that have a priority over settlement proceeds. One of them is always going to be child support enforcement. Many times it's in different states and we have to deal with them. Sometimes it's here in Colorado. Sometimes we're able to negotiate with them, depending on the circumstances and the time frames and all that stuff, and it's a very very very slow process. Other times, we have more of your statutory type bodies like Medicare and medicate that also have a right to get paid back out of the proceeds of the settlement, and any competent attorney is going to work diligently to get every loose end tied up before they actually distribute that money and call it a done deal. I can only assume that the process of negotiating and dealing with all of these leans and statutory and you know, other people that are entitled to have their interest concerned or considered and protected, are what's taking all this time to get this case worked out and finally distributed does that sound like it may?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 17: Do you call her?
Speaker 6: Of course? Total sense? I want to ask a few questions to Joe first, Joe, Joe, just wait? Do you have a judge? Joe? Do you have a judgment against you? From the child support registry or from your wife? Ex wife?
Speaker 13: Uh? I think it is. I'm not sure.
Speaker 6: How much is the total? How much is the total bill owed.
Speaker 13: For past thirty one thirty one thousands?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Oh, this will make a good dent in that. Have you been keeping current with the current one? Have you been keeping current with the current one?
Speaker 13: Joseph, Yes, I've been trying.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm sorry, John, go ahead, what were you going to say? So?
Speaker 17: Just that amount alone tells me exactly what's going on. There's not enough money in the settlement to pay off the child support lien, so probably what's happening is they're trying to negotiate to allow some of the settlement proceeds to go to your collar and some to go to the child support enforcement. It's not really relevant whether there's been an actual judgment rendered on this time. It's a statutory lean the They have a stronger position than even a judgment when it comes to money going to this gentleman, be it money from tax returns or any other source. It's like a ucee see filoce. Okay, that is a perfected interest.
Speaker 6: So but let me ask you. It sounds to me from what Joe is saying though, that there was no negotiating. He already relinquished it and agreed to relinquish it. Now that's what I heard, or Joseph, could your attorney be negotiating.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 13: They they told me that it was going to my child support and I said, fine, I'm good with that and everything. But for ten months now, child support hasn't seen that money. Every time I called the attorney to see what's going on with it, they never returned my phone call.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's bad. But Joseph, another quick question. Did the child support registry or the mother of your children did they put a lien on the lawsuit?
Speaker 17: No, they don't have.
Speaker 13: Yeah, okay, no.
Speaker 6: I understand, John. I'm just curious as to why it's and limbo. Go ahead, Johnson, Way, I be there. Yeah, I understand that, but sometimes in divorces people get crazy. I just wanted to know if there was anything that could be hanging it up, John, I want to ask you something. This attorney's not returning his freaking call. That alone bothers me.
Speaker 17: It others me as well. And I you know, I would like to know, not on the air, who this attorney is, because you know there are circumstances that would help explain that. But I mean I would start communicating and writing. I would send a certified letter stating I demand an accounting of my case immediately and send it to the law firm and get a return receipt and everything else. Or just show up and knock on the front door and see what's going on. You are always in titled. And if none of those efforts really accomplish anything, call Attorney Regulation. I mean, they have an entire staff that's out there to deal with consumer problems. And I promise you if your call is not getting returned, their call will. And so that you know those two or three different ways, I believe with.
Speaker 6: John, what is the name of that? What is the name is that? Is that the Supreme Court Oversight Committee?
Speaker 17: You're talking about Colorado Supreme Court Attorney Regulation Office of Attorney Regulation.
Speaker 13: Okay, so my question is this is not here in Colorado. My actually it wasn't here in Colorado. It was when I was living there.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's burying the lead. Where was it? Where is it? Where was it?
Speaker 13: It was in Weatherford, Texas, the attorney's office. The attorney's office was in Fort Worth.
Speaker 17: Okay, Well there's there's also a similar office in Texas. And if you want to, you know, if you want to tell you what, if you want to call my office, I'll look up the number for you and give it to you. They can give you my office number off the air, and I'll be happy to look it up for you. And and if I can't give you some guidance, but you know, absent and that probably explains it. They're sitting here dealing with an out of state out sport Lean and there's probably a whole lot going on in terms of negotiating and dealing with that. But you're absolutely entitled to an answer, and attorney regulation will help you get that answer, and I'd be happy to help you find the right number.
Speaker 12: All right, I agreed.
Speaker 6: Now, here's John's John Fuller. Here's John Fuller. Here's John Fuller's number three oh three five nine seven four five zero zero, And Kachina just get his number, so he knows John will know who's calling, although anybody can always call John for basically any kinds of questions regarding your accidents. So that's three, three, five, nine, seven, forty five hundred more coming, Hi, Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three oh three three talks seven to one three eight, two, five five. I got a lot of texts. Since we're toward the top of the hour here, let me just ask Paul some questions real quick. Paul, I'm gonna put you on camera. Don't pick your nose anyway. Truly, we have a lot somebody. Let me just go to what I feel are some of the basics. What where do p F A, p F A S or p fis, What are they? Where? Where do they come from?
Speaker 11: Forever chemicals? Uh, they were forever chemicals that were used to make teflon or Scotch guard.
Speaker 6: Is it is it that totally that any anything.
Speaker 11: Has a water resistant water repellent?
Speaker 6: But well, did they just dump the are they still? Are we still producing new pfas.
Speaker 11: We're still producing new p files. They have up to this year to stop.
Speaker 6: But what's happened was so so wait when they when they manufacture plastic. Is it the plastic that leeches from the product or is it the manufacturing process. I'm not clear on it.
Speaker 11: So it was dumped, so a lot of the chemicals were buried underground that leached and it went into waterways like plastic bottles and stuff plastic bottles, but the actual chemical p fischem okay, okay. And then what happened is the manufacturers dumped the p FIS chemicals down the drain and it can tamine. They did wastewater treatment plants, so then the bio solids, right that come from waste treatment plants went overspread over the farmland, so we got contamination on farm ground, the animals that and.
Speaker 6: Then it got in the water cycle and literally is in rain.
Speaker 11: Well exactly, it's all over the world. And then you have other nations like China and India that don't care, and so you know p FOZ has traveled, you know, globally through rainwater.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 6: So okay, that one other quick question.
Speaker 4: Well, and it's in our it's in our food and it doesn't matter what you eat. Well, okay, can we ever really get.
Speaker 6: Rid of them?
Speaker 11: No, let me tell you, let me give you now. When they first started, they talked about one part per billion and one part para billion men Olympic sized swimming pool, swimming pool, one drop of the contaminant. That's one part per billion. Now they've got it down. They wanted to get it down to less than four parts per trillion.
Speaker 9: Now there's well.
Speaker 6: They want to get it down, but is it possible.
Speaker 11: As of right now? There's theories, but it's not possible.
Speaker 6: And that's what what does your system do for pi fas?
Speaker 11: So we remove the pfas because we use the multimedia, we use KD fifty five and activated carbon.
Speaker 6: But I want to make this clear. The PIFI removal is not reverse osmosis. Two separate processes. So reverse osmosis gives you healthy water, but it does not remove people.
Speaker 11: Yes, it does a Ruth PIFAs it does, but.
Speaker 6: Not but you can't do that for the whole house. Okay, so you do get it for the drinking water, but not the whole house. It would be cost prohibitive. We'll talk about this coming back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ripped.
Speaker 1: News, so you don't have them running sustasis.
Speaker 3: We can show Shooter's gonna help come in.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm Tom Martino, and I welcome you to the only show of it's kind anywhere. We got a lot to talk, so let me get to the phones because phones always take priority on my show, and then I will talk to Paul. We got a lot of text on pfas and water. People are finally waking up and realizing. One good thing I did learn, by the way, is that the reverse osmosis system does take out pfas for the drinking water, and it's at the kitchen sink. And he sells them for under like eleven hundred bucks, but with the best price anywhere. But here's the bottom mine. Though, Listen, it would be cost prohibitive to do that for the whole house. So we'll talk about getting it out of your shower and all that stuff, or if it matters, I don't know. I mean, well, we'll talk about it anyway. Francis is next. Hi Francis, I'm Tom. What's going on, Francis? And I appreciate you holding what's happening.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 18: Purchased Toyota Camra twenty twenty five on December show.
Speaker 6: Okay, though, wow, that those are nice cars.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it is it's a very nice car as long as it's working.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 18: What on what January? Yeah, on January fifteenth, I went to remotely start the car. Tried it three times, it wouldn't work. Went out to the car, tried to start it twice. It finally started, and then the dash was black. Nothing work.
Speaker 6: Wait wait wait you mean you mean all the lights were black?
Speaker 9: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 6: Doesn't work all the time.
Speaker 18: Well, this was just a new thing. It was you know, it had worked before. There was you know, I've had a couple of little issues, but no big deal. But so I thought it was the liquid crystal. Could it have been? It's been freezing cold.
Speaker 6: So yeah, well maybe let.
Speaker 18: Me warm the car up. Let me see if it's going to do that. And I drove for like eight miles. Of course I can't see anything that's going on, and I said, okay, it's not doing anything.
Speaker 13: Go back, look through the book.
Speaker 18: What did I do wrong? And there's a dimmer switch on the dash lights that isn't debt. I then get on the phone with Colorado Springs Toyota, which is where it was purchased, and spent two hours on the phone. They have no idea how to affix it. They told me all kinds of things to try. Nothing worked. They towed it to the nearest Toyota which is here in Pueblo, and they did a diagnostic.
Speaker 6: No, wait a minute, wait a minute, which is the where do you bought it? In Colorado? I mean in the springs right.
Speaker 18: Correct, But it has to be towed to the nearest Toyota dealer. It cannot go back.
Speaker 6: I got it, Go ahead, I got it.
Speaker 18: So they did a diagnostic the next day because it was late in the day when I got it there on the fifteenth. They said it was a compo meter, which is basically runs the whole computer system in the dash in everything else.
Speaker 6: Call it what do they call it?
Speaker 18: A comple meter? That's what he told me it was called. The issue is they can't pull that part off the shelf. They don't even have it. They have to make the part. It has now been eleven days, I believe.
Speaker 6: Yeah. This control module, this control module is the master of everything.
Speaker 18: Yes, okay, from under.
Speaker 6: They say, so right now, if you drive your car. Are they saying just drive your car around, we'll call you when we find one, or are they saying you can't drive? What's the situation.
Speaker 18: It is sitting in their lot. They have stated to me emphatically, it cannot be moved. It has to stay.
Speaker 6: Because okay, I just want to say something. We have had Mark, I'm lying or I'm dying. It is how many times, Mark, come on, we've had a ton of a ton of stuff back ordered. What I don't understand is she said she didn't say back order. My understanding. She was saying, they don't make the part exactly.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't even know what the hell that means. Of course, they make the part.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, wait, wait, So what do they say, we will never fix your car because we no longer make the part. Is that what they're saying.
Speaker 18: All they said was that the part has to be made. They don't have a part that they can pull up.
Speaker 6: So here's what normally happens. Here's what normally happens with what you call rare parts, parts that are not replaced. Often normally they put it into a bin order and when they reach a certain number, they manufacture that. That's usually what happens. Now is that acceptable or not? I don't think so. But that's what they do for cost of you know, just and because no one does the one ups, you know, and so when do they say that would be done?
Speaker 18: Francis, They don't have an ETA.
Speaker 6: You know what.
Speaker 4: First of all, I got to interrupt here. They're basically saying it's back ordered. I mean, that's what they're saying. We can't believe that they've got to literally design and make a part.
Speaker 6: They don't design it, Mark, they just batch run them. When they get enough, they batch run them.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 6: So here, I'm not making an excuse, nor do I say I would. I would sit back and take it. Mark mentioned the Lemon law. Mark, explain what you were thinking.
Speaker 4: Well, thirty days. If you don't have use of that vehicle for thirty days, you can start the process. I mean, it's pretty simple like that. It's got to be under twenty four thousand miles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, oh yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 4: It's got to be under twenty four thousand miles and within the first two years, and you have to be the original owner. It's got to be a new vehicle. Yep, yeah, I know, So you're good. That's what I'm saying. As soon as you hit thirty days, that's it. You can go in and get a refund.
Speaker 16: Okay.
Speaker 6: I think you can. I think you can some a buy back. Now, Unfortunately, many of the Lemon laws are handled by what's called the autocap program from the useless dinosaur known as the Better Business Bureau. But I have to give credit where credit is due. They do process the Lemon Law claims. I mean, that is one of their last remaining functions I think they do. As far as complaints and helping consumers, they don't do any of that. They're a dinosaur. But they do the Lemon law claims pretty well. And I think that's because they outsource it. It might be to the Arbitration Society or something, but anyway, I might be speak out of school. I'm saying that they do help. But I think Mark hit it on the head with the Lemon Law. I mean, you're going to demand a buyback or a new car?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I mean. And the other issue that I'm having, you know, kind of a just on the sideline, is that they gave me a car, not a car, but a pickup a Tacoma to drive. Now my car gets so.
Speaker 6: Hold on, hold on, are they proposing letting you use a loaner for a long extended period of time.
Speaker 18: I'm going to say no, because she said the lady told me at three days. We're going to have to rewrite this to extend the timeframe. I'm going to say, before the thirty days is up, they're going to want demand to have that truck back.
Speaker 6: I don't know that, okay, but we don't.
Speaker 12: I'm going to say, we don't know that.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you another silly question. Let me ask you another silly question. Let's I always like to go to extremes just to get taken temperature. Let's say it's going to be let's say it's going to be eight literally eight months to a year. Let's just say, I mean, I don't know it is. Would you, I'm not Would you be satisfied with a loaner vehicle if you knew you could get your car fixed eight months to a year, but you were given a loaner vehicle at no cost?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 6: No, okay?
Speaker 18: And that is for what the reason is is I have to make payments on this.
Speaker 12: I have to get.
Speaker 16: To place by the end of this week.
Speaker 6: I get it, and I get it. Here's all I'm saying, Francis, I'm not trying to talk into it. You have every right not to want to wait. Every single right, We're on your side. Everyone agrees this is wrong, but my reasoning has always been this. If I have a new vehicle and it's sitting at a dealer protected and I am given a loaner to use, theoretically, if it took a year, I am literally not using that vehicle, and it's still getting older. But I'm not using it. I'm not racking up miles, I'm not doing anything except letting it sit. And I am i am wearing out a loaner and I'm making my normal payments and all of that. Sure, I am, but I have a loaner. I am in exactly the same position, except they don't have the car I want. But I'm not wearing out the other one.
Speaker 9: Now.
Speaker 6: The disadvantage, of course, is that it is getting older. I mean, it's not like it's new, and the other one is your warranty period is expiring because they're not going to extend the warranty. So I would say, with this new world we have post COVID, if I could negotiate an extension of the warranty for the amount of time it's down, and if I could get a free loan, I would accept it. I don't know how you feel, Mark, would.
Speaker 8: You I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Hell no, man, I you know what if there you buy a brand new vehicle, you want your car. She went and she picked out the kind of car, the colors she wanted, everything else.
Speaker 6: I mean hell no, yeah, okay, yeah, I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. I just reason a little differently.
Speaker 4: But to go through the buy back, we know that it's a pain in the ass to go through it. But I mean, if they can't fix it, my god. I mean, she just paid for it, and then the other thing, like she says, she's making payments on it.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah, no, no, I understand. But if you have a replacement, it's it's kind of like with insurance. While you're waiting for a claim, you're still making your mortgage payments on all that. But but listen, or let's say you're in an apartment house and you're displaced in an apartment. Let me let me finish my my analogy. If you're in an apartment and you're displaced, they give you a replacement of part, and while yours is being fixed and you still pay rent. Go ahead, Mark, what were you going to say.
Speaker 4: Well, if they gave her the I guess I would change it a little bit. If they gave her the same vehicle she has. She's got a little Camra and they put her in a pickup truck.
Speaker 8: I don't quite understand that.
Speaker 4: But if they could actually give her that exact vehicle for a little bit, maybe, But what happens if she waits four or five months, they get the part, they put it in, and it takes a crap and she's back in the same boat.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 18: Now, like I was gonna say the truck to Meetrue.
Speaker 6: What were you going to say.
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 14: Okay, yeah, Francis, what do you think of this? While you still have this loaner for some undetermined period of time, start the Lemon Law buyback process. And if they can fix your car before the Lemon Law process is finished, that's great. If not, you'll at least two have two horses in the race, which is waiting for the part and waiting for the buy back to happen.
Speaker 6: That's a good, good, good plan.
Speaker 14: Start that right now.
Speaker 6: You can't start it until it hits the clock. But it's fair any day now.
Speaker 14: It's any thirty day, how many days has it been.
Speaker 18: Let me see, I got it on went in on the fifteen, just roughly.
Speaker 14: What okay, so you're you're getting close this This gives you time to research the buyback process so you can have everything fins.
Speaker 6: With calls as you move forward. If you need help filing that three O three, seven to one three talks seven to one three eight two five five. I'm Tom Martino, and I want to tell you about renew Home Innovations. The most beautiful shower conversions I've ever seen, and that that's the truth. They have porcelain sheets with no maintenance, no grout lines, nothing, They look gorgeous. And you know he has the best prices on porcelain and the best selection. Two or three days to get it done. Listen to this seventy two months to pay no interest of course with approved credit. Renew home Innovations dot com three oh three nine zero four two thousand the best nine zero four two thousand. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Welcome.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's just go to the phones. I had a question I was going to bring up, but I won't. I won't when I have callers. I just got to get to them first, So we have a lot of callers. Okay, Doug's got a tenant landlord question, So let's go right to Doug. Doug, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Bro? All right?
Speaker 19: I have some renters. I have kicked him out about a year and a half ago, so this is old. But I would like to take the small claims court to cover.
Speaker 6: So when you say kicked him out, did you legally evict him?
Speaker 7: Yes, I did, and you.
Speaker 6: Did it a year and a half ago. Yes, Okay, go ahead, give him.
Speaker 7: Thirty days notice.
Speaker 19: They got out. So and I've actually sold the place. I don't have the place anymore. I got decided I'm done with frinting, so I got rid of the place. But I know what Colorado laws. It's not in favor of the landlords, and I would like them to pay the last month's rints. They never paid and their deposits didn't cover that. Plus when they left, they broke every door in the house. I'm guys, seeing anger issues because the doors were that holds of them in where the foot would have been.
Speaker 6: Or let me ask you something. Let me let's go back a year and a half. Let's go back a year and a half when you evicted them. Did you have a judgment for that stuff or just a demand.
Speaker 19: As far as you get them out of the house.
Speaker 9: I just know.
Speaker 6: As far as did you keep a security deposit?
Speaker 19: Yeah, I did keep it the deposit, Yes.
Speaker 6: You kept it, and did you apply it to the damages and send them a letter to that effect?
Speaker 19: I did not send them a letter to that effect. I did tell them their deposit was not coming back, that they did severe Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think you're going to have a prayer. Okay, because you were supposed to notify them within sixty days is the longest. It's thirty days, but it's extended to sixty if it's in the lease for sixty days. You were supposed to tell them how you applied the security deposit to the damages, leaving a balance and letting them know what the balance is, and then attempting to collect it. If you didn't do any of that, you're not gonna I mean now, I'm not saying you can't go after him. You could do small claims court and try to get a judgment, but I don't think you will.
Speaker 19: And send the letter to say why I kept it.
Speaker 6: The deposits well, it's too late, man, No, that that's too late. You missed that. You missed that.
Speaker 19: I didn't realize I had to send that out.
Speaker 10: Dog.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and here's what I'm saying. You can still take in the small claims court. Okay, for the damages. You don't have the place anymore. You'll have to show how you did not recoup those damages. I think you're gonna lose, okay, but but you can still take them. The small claims court is fifty bucks. And then if you get a judgment, how are you going to collect it? Do they have money? You know? It's the kind of stuff that I believe is a waste of time. How much does it come to.
Speaker 19: With the damage the door was in the difference from what the rent was to the closet was, we're probably talking about about four grand I.
Speaker 10: Have a suggestion for Tom dog this show. I have, but the bad rent over the last forty years, I've never ever been able to collect from the tenant. You do not want to pursue taking them the small small claims court because you run the risk of them countersuing you for not doing that.
Speaker 6: That's right for trouble damages, and you could get suits from three times the deposit.
Speaker 10: I would just cut leave it alone and go on with your life. The property sold and move on. You're not going.
Speaker 19: I'm doing everything the right way or what. I didn't want to go to court, And.
Speaker 6: Well you already did. You already did things the wrong way. So what And I don't mean to keep telling you that. So so you really kind of lost your rights to pursue things because they could actually come after you for whatever you kept times three.
Speaker 11: And they have free legal help too.
Speaker 6: And by the way, by the way, they would win because it's statutory. I mean they would win basically because what you did was breach per se, You breached the law. Okay, so anyway, but you got you know what you got, bro Doug. You know what you got? College? You got college?
Speaker 19: I got knowledge?
Speaker 7: Yeah, knowledge, college?
Speaker 6: College? Yeah, well you you had you paid your tuition. And uh, by the way, being a landlord doesn't have to be like that. If you heard me talking about other ways, like with the Sterra turnkey but Colorado right.
Speaker 8: Now, Yeah, but they'd never be in Denver, man, No that I know.
Speaker 6: That's what I mean. Uh, Colorado and California are the worst states for landlords. For on all aspects on return on investment conditions laws. You know, for many years I would do this show and I was very frustrated. I'd get calls from tenants who have been screwed so bad or they lived in absolute disgusting conditions. And here's what I would say, there are no rights. I'm sorry you're a tenant at will blah blah blah, sorry about that, And then the pendulum swung. Man did it swing so again, Doug, I'm sorry it's happened. Thank you for calling three O three seven one three eight two five five. You know we got a lot going on today. Please be patient. I will get you. I promise you. One Clear Choice Garage Doors. I love these people and I say it why because they're just great twenty four to seven service. If you have an emergency and can't close the door, can't open it, broken spring, whatever, But for regular service, they'll come out, fix you up, give you quotes directly when they get there, plus everything. All the individual quotes are on their website. It's one Clear Choice Garage Doors. Okay, one clear Choice Garage Doors, but online it's one Clear Choice Doors dot com. Hi Tom Artino here through a three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Okay, so listen, please be careful when it comes to uh being a landlord. If you don't do things the right way, even if you're right, you're going to turn out being wrong. And the same with being a tenant. Always call us ahead of time. We're happy to talk to you. All right, Listen, I want to talk to Jerry. Jerry has an issue with a two thousand and four golf Stream. Jerry, I will tell you there are wonderful jets, and I wish I could afford one. What's going on, Jerry?
Speaker 20: Well, it's kind of a horrible thing. What's going on? And it's a golf Stream RV. It's not legit. I wish I could.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, I'm just kidding, Bro, But they do have golf stream jets.
Speaker 20: Any But I'm with you, I wish I.
Speaker 7: Could afford one.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 20: My wife and I purchased this back in April, and we decided that, you know, as we did with her jeep, to get the extended warranty by by warranty for the RV. Anything happens that way.
Speaker 6: Where did you buy it? Where did you buy it?
Speaker 7: Bro?
Speaker 6: And and how much.
Speaker 20: I paid forty thousand to a friend of mine. He say MARV Park that we were in and he was getting rid of it. And you know, I got it fixed everything that was with it. And uh so I was looking online. I found the company called No Cost Repair RV Warranty.
Speaker 6: So, oh, so you went out and found your own. You went out and found your own.
Speaker 20: Yes, and it's a fairly well known company. Uh they had great reviews. But they actually purchased their insurance through d OWC, which is in New York.
Speaker 6: And now hold on, So the company you did business with, what's the name of that company?
Speaker 20: No Cost Repair?
Speaker 6: No Cost Repair. That's a that's a weird kind of title because it it really sets themselves up for breach. No cost repair. And it was through through the underwriter, which was in New York. Correct, and the underwriter's name is what again.
Speaker 13: D O w C.
Speaker 20: I've okay, see some of the pictures of their name and their address.
Speaker 6: And okay, so tell me what's going wrong.
Speaker 20: Well, one dame, we're watching now, We're sitting there watching TV with some friends, and all of a sudden, my guener writers up and shuts off. Immediately, my I.
Speaker 11: Had a light out.
Speaker 20: They had a motor on it and they kept trying to push it out and it was going bam bam bam, and it broke the worm gear off and the motor got hot enough that started it started a small fire, which we got that out, no problem there shorted out and the other one. Uh. Then my power inverter went out during this process.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and my refrigerator.
Speaker 20: And my refrigerator went out. And the mechanics said the refrigerator shorted out, which caused everything else to happen. He said, nothing you could do about that. So he sends the claim to the insurance company and they send him back a deal and has the claim number and all that on it. Then the next day they send him a deal saying that my insurance has been canceled for no reason at all, because they can cancel it for no reason at all.
Speaker 6: So when I talked, I want to I want to ask a few questions, Jerry, Jerry, I need to ask some questions. How much was the warranty?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 12: It was close to four thousand, okay.
Speaker 6: And another question, this is really important, how long after the warranty purchase did these things happen?
Speaker 13: Probably?
Speaker 20: Seventy days and I had a thirty.
Speaker 9: Day great sperier.
Speaker 6: Okay, but now I get it. And then when an email when these repairs, when these repairs were put in by the mechanic or an estimate, they simply notified you that you never had coverage or that they're canceling coverage.
Speaker 20: Well, they sent me an email stating that I was getting you refine. I asked, well, why am I getting a refine? Then I get another email says, your policy's been canceled per your request. Well, I never requested that, which was a stupid to do. Then I talked to another gentleman. He said, oh, we just canceled it because we can cancel it within you know, a timeframe. I said, but you've already given me a claims number. He said, that doesn't matter. You don't have a warranty. Now I said, okay, he said, now you got to talk.
Speaker 6: Oh, okay, Jerry, Jerry, the fact that they gave you a claim number does not create an obligation, But the contract creates an obligation. If if they did not have a right to get out of it, it's all going to be a matter of contract, Jerry. I mean you said there was a contestability period of thirty days, and like, did they quote you in the warranty where they are allowed to cancel it for any reason at any time?
Speaker 20: They said they can cancel it within the first ninety days with no reason at all. Then he turned around and told me, Okay, I can cancel it, you know, a year out. I can cancel it because I want to. And I'm like, well, that's gonna take Jerry, the consumers.
Speaker 6: Jerry, it does, Jerry, it doesn't matter if it's unfair. And I understand how pissed you are. I would be too. Let's just I just want to settle that. But what I'm trying to get at is a contract, and I've never heard of a contract that they can cancel any time they want, for any reason. So basically he said in the first ninety days. Then he said the first year. And when you say he, who is he? His name is no, No, I don't mean he his name? What company? The underwriter or the one that sold it to you.
Speaker 20: D OWC the guy that sold it to me, has apologized tremendously about the situation. And I made a video off of an app saying, you know this is what's going on and this and this, and I send it to him. He goes, I love the video. He goes, but you know, obviously that's not your RV in the video because you're RV's not roadworthy per the inspection. I'm like, dude, that is mine. He's like really, I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jerry, Jerry, all Jerry, all that smoking mirrors, and I suggest when you do go forward with this, none of that's going to matter. What you have to stick to is this. You had multiple claims. They turned them. They not just turned them down, they canceled you. Did you get a full refund?
Speaker 20: No, I haven't got one refund yet.
Speaker 6: Okay, but they say you're going to get a refund.
Speaker 20: Yes, and this has been a month.
Speaker 4: Did you finance it? Did you finance at a policy? Yes, well you're you're not going to get the refund.
Speaker 6: The bank is, well, yeah, they're going to lower your loan. But they didn't do that.
Speaker 20: There's no loan the rby's mind. We were paying out of pocket to the insurance company itself.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, so you were you were making Jerry, you were making monthly payments to the warranty company. Yes, Okay, how much? Tell me how you were making monthly payments? Uh? Like? Like for how long?
Speaker 20: We had a one year agreement for thirty nine dollars.
Speaker 8: So you made two payments basically, yes, made.
Speaker 20: Two payments and they were getting ready to take out the third. Then they sent me said they're going to send me a refound which we've never received yet. And they told me to get taken care of is get counseled?
Speaker 7: Well you are good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, listen, Jerry, here's what I think happened, Jerry, Jerry, I I don't know what happened, but I think that, yeah, yeah, this is going to be a problem and it and I somebody has to look at the contract. Have you had an attorney? And and by the way, Jerry, fairness does not play into the contract. What does play into it. What does play into it, even with a contract, is something that is called conscionability. Okay. What it means is this, if a contract is written so wildly unfairly, it could be called unconscionable, meaning no person in their right mind should ever have to adhere to it. But that is so far out in left field. That's why have you had an attorney? Look?
Speaker 9: At it.
Speaker 20: I've been trying to find one. Nobody's been willing to look at it.
Speaker 6: And you know that's not true at all, Jerry, not true at all. I guarantee you every attorney will look at it if you pay them their hourly rate. If you mean no attorney will take it free and read it, you're probably right. So you're telling me you try to hire an attorney by the hour to review the contract and they don't want your money.
Speaker 12: Correct.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, and who did you call out of curiosity? I'd like to know an attorney that would turn down reviewing a contract for money.
Speaker 20: Let me good over here, I don't find his name for you.
Speaker 6: Quick, do me a favor, Do me a favor I would like to know. And what kind of an attorney? Where'd you find the attorney? What crackerjack box? I mean, where'd you find?
Speaker 20: I looked at I looked on a Google maps for local attorneys and I found the one. And I talked to him for probably and almost an hour on the phone, going over the contract where I was reading stuff. And he's like, yeah, he just said, that's just not something I want to get involved in.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, then here's the deal bro. I think he probably thought you didn't have a case, but and he didn't want to take your money, and that's laudable. I would like to see if RAINA would review a contract and how much it would cost. Hang on, just hang on and we'll talk about that coming up. Three oh three seven one three talk. Compass Insurance Group, By the way, does free insurance checkups. Under insured, over insured? Maybe you have to get more insurance. They can save you money or not. They will give you the honest to God assessment at three oh three nine ninety six, nine thousand. The Insurance Healthcenter dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up bad news.
Speaker 3: Need advice so you don't have to.
Speaker 13: Come running.
Speaker 3: Just as fast as we can, Troubleshooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I'm grateful to be here with you, and we're trying to solve problems, answer question, take complaints as we've done God for so many years, with the help of a team, of course, and my original my og is sus Marc is a after that thought, so, but so he's not the OG. He's the AOG almost original gangster. But sus is the OG three oh three seven to one three talk Hey, kN Tome Solutions, by the way, they're the one of the oldest home improven companies. You now how I feel about heritage. I love it and they have the Alpin window made right here in Colorado. You might want to check out for beauty and thermal efficiency Kchwindows dot Com. Great people, so let's continue our festivities. Jody, you are having an issue with a car part.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Jody? What's going on?
Speaker 16: Okay? My husband ordered uh bumper for my car. We have a part number, confirmation and voice all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Where'd you order it, Jody?
Speaker 16: At a place called States Auto Parts?
Speaker 6: Is it online?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 16: Did you order a front bumper for my car?
Speaker 6: And you did this through your you it was going to be a do it yourself right, yes, from State's Auto Parts?
Speaker 9: Well, yes, that's and how much did you pay?
Speaker 16: Seventeen hundred ninety.
Speaker 6: Okay four dollars that's okay, y seventy okay, so eighteen hundred. So here's what I want to know.
Speaker 9: How long ago, last week?
Speaker 6: Okay, what's your issue?
Speaker 16: They took the money and lo and behold they went out of business.
Speaker 6: And how did they take how did they take the how did they take the money, Jody?
Speaker 16: Through our debit card?
Speaker 6: Did you talk to your bank about snagging it back?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 16: I went down there and that's how I found out that they were out of business.
Speaker 6: They And when you said so, are they local? Are they right in in an area you went to visit?
Speaker 9: Or no?
Speaker 16: You ordered? No, you ordered the part through them and they they send.
Speaker 9: It to you.
Speaker 6: And what's the website, dear?
Speaker 16: The website is used autoparts dot yard at gmail dot com.
Speaker 6: Well, hold on a second, No, no, no, no, no, no, well okay, never mind, So there is no website, that's an email address. Where's the website that you ordered from? Where's the website? Was there a website, Jody? Or or did you do it all from email? There was a website?
Speaker 9: Okay, Jody, I'm looking, I'm looking.
Speaker 6: Did your banks say that they could snag a debit card transaction?
Speaker 16: That they could uh they refund it?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 16: No, because they said that since we use the debit card instead of a credit card.
Speaker 7: They could not right, Okay, So my.
Speaker 16: My question to you is is help. I don't know you're my last hope. I don't know what to do well.
Speaker 6: I I hate to be your last hope on this because you know you only can do what's possible, and your bank's the only one that can do that. I don't think you're going to get your money back, but I want to. But if it was fraud, we can at least put a claim in somewhere, like did they go bankrupt? I mean, you're so hazy about this company? Where they located? Where are they locate? I mean, do you know anything about them? Dear anything?
Speaker 12: Yes?
Speaker 6: Why don't I put you on hold? Why don't you find Here's what I need to know. I need to know where they're located. I need to know the website. I need to know your invoice that you ordered. And please just help me. Okay, I can't do this live Jody hold on Kachina help her out, please, I do want to help her. Three oh three seven one three talks seven or three two five five? Francis, what is this follow up on the Toyota camera thing? I believe that you called earlier and to sum it up, you bought a new twenty twenty five Camra the remote start. You know you had electrical issh. Let's just say it. It's sitting waiting for a man as control module and you can't drive it. They gave you an old pickup to drive right now, and uh, we were talking about what to do about it. So what is your question?
Speaker 18: My question is my plates are due on the thirty first. What happens when I pay for those plates? Is that have any ramifications on doing that? I mean I don't have to make the payments and everything, but you know I had heard that if you buy.
Speaker 6: Why don't you get plates? Why don't you do me? Why don't you do this? Why don't you get an extension on the temporary tag?
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, just get.
Speaker 6: An extension and the dealer should issue you on if they don't call me back three oh three seven one, Yeah, they should three o three seven to one to three talk seven one three two five five. Tell them that you're waiting for a resolution and you'd like to put off the plates right now in case you have to do some kind of action and you don't want to lose that money too. They should be able to do it. Three, three, seven, one, three eight, two five five. Paul the water man. God, I've been We've been so busy. Let me just go to this wide shot here, Paul, I got so many texts for you. Here's why we've been talking about the dangers of PIFAs forever chemicals that mostly come from plastics, microplastics and teflon, from the manufacturing process, and from the leeching of the product itself. We have determined that it's everywhere now, even in the rain water, in the ground, in the soil, in the food. And you said in autopsies that showed up what else? What else? Paul?
Speaker 11: That's it, you got it. It's an the water rays. So then it's in the seafood that we eat, especially men's coming up. People want to eat fish. That's something to consider.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: We left off with some text that I got on this and somebody wanted to know PIFAs are handled with reverse osmosis fordrinking water, but you certainly don't want to have to do that for the whole house. So I got a couple of questions. If I get a reverse osmosis system from you, which is a great deal, it really really is. I'm not I'm not bsing here. I got it in both of my houses. So if I get a reverse osmosis system and I drink only from that, why do I need another filtration system to take PIFAs out of the house. Tell me, tell me why.
Speaker 11: You breathe it in in the steam in the shower.
Speaker 6: You're breathing it in in this steam. What about the laundry. It gets on your clothes, in.
Speaker 11: Your clothes and some clothes, you know, can also retain any water resistant, you know, clothing that you.
Speaker 6: That you wash so showers. Can it be absorbed through your skin?
Speaker 11: Absolutely?
Speaker 6: All right, So even though you're going to have good drinking water, you got to go further.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I totally believe that. Listen, with all the research I'm doing, you know, it clearly can be breathed in in their skin. Now you're you're I mean breathing with their lungs in the shower. You're your skin is like a sponge. It absorbed.
Speaker 6: What does a whole house PFI filtration look like?
Speaker 11: So if you go to our website, it's the Ecopromax that you've been talking about how much? Right now it's on sale for thirty six ninety five with Now, anybody that listens to the show today and calls in will give him an extra two hundred dollars off.
Speaker 6: Okay, so thirty four ninety five. Yeah, so let me let me be clear on what it does that system for thirty four ninety five right now, for those who call in and mention me, that system takes out the forever chemicals in the whole house.
Speaker 11: Right, and the total chlorine content, plus give them soft water.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, so it's complete conditioning including pfas.
Speaker 11: Right, it's going to remove the peace from the whole house. From the whole house, it's going to remove the total chlorine content and give them soft water.
Speaker 6: Well, let me give you. Then I have another question. If I did that system for the house, laundry, skin, steam, everything, and then I did the reverse osmosis for drinking, that is complete because you know thirty four ninety five, and then reverse osmosis is still what eleven hundreds? I mean that you never get those prices. I swear to God they would be fifteen grand or more. Now here's what I want to know, though, What if I just do the whole house system? What would that do for my drinking water? If I didn't want to go for the extra reverse osmosis. I'm just looking for options. Would that give me? Would that clean up my drinking water a bit? Clean up a bit?
Speaker 11: The reverse osmosis will then attack the pharmaceuticals from the microplastics.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you would do both absolutely, But if you had to do one, which one would you do?
Speaker 11: I do the whole house because you don't want to be drinking.
Speaker 6: You're right. The chemicals plush your laundry, turtiions goes longer, your pipe lasts longer.
Speaker 11: Team you know, if you take a shower, and you wouldn't believe the chlorine content and evaporates in that.
Speaker 6: Show, the chlorine and the pea fas are all removed. Yes, oh wow, this is wonderful. Thirty four ninety five people. I'm serious, man, I really really am, especially when it comes to health. As you know, I'm a health nut. Got slapped in the face a little, you know, but I'm still I'm still a health nut. And it's three oh three eight six two five five five four. Yes, three oh three eight six two five five five four mentioned Martino. Let's let's go back to the phones. Right after this, we got to talk about this issue with the car part. I'm gonna look at my email. She's gonna send me all that information. And then an issue with a car sale from Auto Savvy, and then Susan wants to talk about water damage. I'm gonna get to her next because she's been waiting the longest. I'm Tom Martino three oh three, seven to one to three talk. Do you want to reverse loan? They're still alive and well, honest to god, CMG Mortgage. You know, I love these people. I've known John Clace for many many years now. Mark brought them back and says, Tom, these guys are for real. They do reverse loans. They do the all in one loan, the one I call the liquid loan, and they do it. That's a line of credit that you can pay up, I mean pay down or borrow up. And then the reverse loans. That's CMG Mortgage and John Clace our friend. Three oh three, five seven seven seventy two oh six, five seven seven seventy two oh six. Hi, Tom Martino here, and I do want to get to Susan, who's been waiting a long time. Here, Susan, what's going on?
Speaker 18: Susan, welcome Hi Tom.
Speaker 15: In the first part of October, we had a hibe first in our crawl space. It was probably an abandoned pipe from probably the mid fifties.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, what was it there for?
Speaker 15: We don't know. It was not part of our water system. It could have been involved in drainage for an area that's by our home.
Speaker 6: Yea, But what was in the pipe? What was what was in the pipe? Was it drainwater or fresh water from the city or are you on a well I need to know more.
Speaker 15: Okay, it is not fresh water. It is not from the city. It had water that came from a lake nearby.
Speaker 6: Us Okay, So how did it come from the lake? Was it pumped? How did it come from the lake?
Speaker 15: It was not pumped. There's no pump on it. It was bit It would have come by gravity or by pressure from the lake pushing the water.
Speaker 6: Cap Now and the pipe that contained lake Okay near hold On nearby lake water? And was this pipe? So the lake water drained into this pipe, Did it go to a tank or was it capped off?
Speaker 15: Well, we we believe it was capped off at a house nearbyas because we think the pipe went farther from our houses between the house that it was capped off and the lake.
Speaker 6: Okay, so you're saying it passed through your house.
Speaker 15: The pipe went under our house.
Speaker 6: The pipe went under your house to the neighbor's house.
Speaker 15: Yes, but it was not our neighbor's pipe. It was probably an abandoned pipe.
Speaker 6: From I understand, But it went to your neighbor's house or did it go through your neighbor's house? I promise you I never ask a question that's not germane. Did it go through your neighbor's house or did it terminate at your neighbor's house.
Speaker 15: I don't. From what I know, it terminated there, but I don't know because they didn't search to see if it went farther.
Speaker 6: Okay, So was it capped? Was it capped at your neighbor's house.
Speaker 15: Yes, when they realized they had water coming in to their cross space, they capped it.
Speaker 6: Okay. They when did they cap it?
Speaker 15: About three weeks before it broke in our cross space?
Speaker 6: Okay? Okay? Where was it going before they capped it?
Speaker 12: From we do not know?
Speaker 6: Well, do the neighbors know? I mean, they capped a pipe that went through their house or did it stop there? And if it stopped there, where was it going they capped it off? There's got to be more information. If they found a pipe in their home and decided to cap it off, and then suddenly it broke under your home, it could be that it wasn't meant to be capped off. I don't have any idea what it was. Did it actually stop at their house or did it go beyond their house? And if it stopped at their house, what was on it before they capped it it was? Paul, you can go ahead, and I have a question, man.
Speaker 11: Was it a galvanized pipe?
Speaker 15: No, it's a ceramic pipe.
Speaker 11: So it was a tile.
Speaker 6: So it passed under her home to the neighbors, to the neighbor's house. Okay, And and the neighbors caped it. But why where? I mean, you need these answers. Did you talk to their plumber?
Speaker 15: Yes, we had their plumber to come and worked on our house. Theyre okay.
Speaker 6: What did the plumbers say when they okay? What was on it before he capped it? And why did they cap it? I mean, all of these are important questions. Did you ask?
Speaker 15: I know the answers, so we know, Okay, go ahead and tell me, there was no cap on it.
Speaker 12: News.
Speaker 6: Okay, if there was no cap on it, if there was no cap on a drain pipe that came from the lake, where was the water going before they capped it?
Speaker 15: It was coming into their cross stace. Is because we think we don't know because the original owners were not there, that they had water in there coming from that drain and so they put in like a pipe that went from that up and exposed into the air, so that if water would rise, it would rise into that pipe versus coming out into their crawl space. When the water got too high and it came out of that pipe, it came into their crawl space.
Speaker 6: They had I get it, and that's why they and that's why they cap and that's why they capped it. Yes, they no longer wanted water coming into their crawl space.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: Does anyone know, like the plumber, what the original purpose of that pipe was at the lake?
Speaker 15: No, not that we can ascertain. We don't have records that go back. We've searched the county records to see where the pipe was or where it came from. And the subdivision was built in seventies, in the seventies, and we haven't been able to find where it originated.
Speaker 6: Okay, by capping that off, there's no coincidence they caused your pipe to burst.
Speaker 10: Yes, I have a question for Suky Tom.
Speaker 6: But hold on, hold on, bo. Do they acknowledge that there was a connection between them blocking the pipe and the pipe under your crawl space? Did breaking?
Speaker 15: We've never talked that piece to them. We do know that they had their plumber came out with a camera and followed where that pipe went, and it came at the end of their property and our property, and that's where they stopped.
Speaker 6: Okay, the contact but but but but it went to the lake. Did it serve as an overflow for the lake or did the lake at one time supply fresh water or water to the homes?
Speaker 15: I can probably say the water did not provide water to the homes.
Speaker 6: What was it there, dude? Does anybody have an idea why that pipe was put there to begin with?
Speaker 4: Maybe she had a well at one point and now she's on some kind of community well or possibly city.
Speaker 15: We're on city. I don't think the property.
Speaker 6: Is Yeah, but Mark, she said, she said it did not supply water to them for drinking and for that, then why would it mean for that, I don't know a tile A tile, a tile dream is what it sounds like. And that's not a water supply. That's not the tile would never be used for a water supply. So if it was tiled, then it was it was a dream. But was it an overflow for the lake? And why would they overflow a lake into people's crawl spaces?
Speaker 11: For God's sake, it was designed to go from the house to the lake, to drain to.
Speaker 6: The lake the other way around, the way around.
Speaker 11: And then when they kept so, then something Wait.
Speaker 6: A minute, wait a minute, So is the lake higher or lower than the crawl space? That's for you, Susan. We don't live there. We don't know.
Speaker 15: So the lake water when it was high, at its highest point, that's when we had the break in.
Speaker 6: I get it. Okay, okay, okay, Susan, Okay.
Speaker 10: Do you know the name of the lake and who owns the lake?
Speaker 18: Yes?
Speaker 15: I do, and I don't want to bring that up right now, but it is privately owned.
Speaker 10: Well, then you need to contact them because it's probably I live near a lake and they have these things called agricultural lateral lines that they used to feed into farm.
Speaker 6: Land that's exactly what it sounds like to me.
Speaker 16: Bo.
Speaker 6: I think they were there, if you want to know the truth, I think that lateral line was there for agriculture, and the builders built those homes on top of them. Now, how long ago were your homes built?
Speaker 15: You and your neighbors in the seventies?
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what I believe. I do not think anyone's going to be responsible except each one to their own property.
Speaker 16: Okay, But I don't see how you.
Speaker 6: I don't see how you can ascribe negligence to anyone. This is a condition that's gone on for years and years and years and years and years. It's too late to go after the builder. There's really no one to go after the lake owner. It's been there too long. I don't think anyone is responsible. I think everyone has to deal with their own crap. I think you have to make sure it's terminated before it gets to your crawl space and evacuate that line. You don't have to fix the line, you just evacuate it. Did it? What damage did it do to your home?
Speaker 15: About sixty thousand dollars to the basement?
Speaker 6: How did it do sixty six zero thousand?
Speaker 15: Because from the crawl space. It went into the finished basement.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now is your insurance covering it? Or do they call it flood?
Speaker 15: They didn't call it flood. They are denying it because of saying it was water steam, but it's not. It was pressure from our presence of tree, shrubs, plant roofs, whether growth is above or below the surface of the ground, which it isn't.
Speaker 6: No, that's visual, Susan, that's visual thinking. You're you're never it's that's made for sewer lines. That's never gonna work. I mean, I would be on your insurance company side to deny that. What I'm asking you is this what are they calling it?
Speaker 15: Okay, well let me tell you one thing that way.
Speaker 6: I'm asking what is your insurance company classifying it as?
Speaker 7: What?
Speaker 6: That's all I need to know right now. Then you can tell me stuff. How is your insurance company classifying it?
Speaker 15: I'm trying to read what they're saying. It says it's a backup through a buried storm water pipe, and then they say what it's not covered. They don't cover certain so that's what they're calling it.
Speaker 6: Okay, got it, And you want to call it something else to get it covered? You want to call it something else to get it covered.
Speaker 15: They're calling it accidental discharge er overflow which occurs off our residence residence premise.
Speaker 7: But it wasn't it.
Speaker 6: They're absolutely, they're absolutely, they're absolutely right. It is. It recurred off of your residence and floating into your residence. Hold on, we have more coming right up. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. This is terrible. We're going to get an insurance compass insurance on to see you know, if they're classifying it right and all of that. Right now, I want to go back to the phones and help people have been waiting a long time. Oh, Jody in this car park, did you send me? You sent me some email on that I don't know if really Jody has a prayer? This contract that you sent me was it's not the one. I don't see anything about Jody. Uh nope. I see a Kia sportage. I see the other stuff. I don't see anything for Jody. So what did you send me kachina? Because I don't have it my kachina? What what did you send me?
Speaker 9: Dear?
Speaker 6: Did you send me something on.
Speaker 8: Her car part.
Speaker 6: Because I don't have it.
Speaker 21: Yeah, let me resend it.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, why don't you just tell me the heading or the topic and I'll find it, because I'm in my uh stuff here and I don't see it, says Kia Mark. Did you get it? Mark?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 6: Can you tell me about it? Mark? Go ahead?
Speaker 4: Well, it's just seventeen ninety four dollars and ninety nine cents for a bumper assembly. I'm not sure what else I can tell you about it.
Speaker 6: What does it say about like? I don't know.
Speaker 8: Like, thanks for your reasoning at all.
Speaker 4: We're excited to let you know that we've received the part order for your Kia Sportage order details item ordered.
Speaker 6: Is there a website? Mark?
Speaker 8: Let me see I've found the website.
Speaker 6: Okay, I do see it now, I do see it, Mark, Yes, thank you, because I was not looking. She just never received it. What's the issue? Yeah? Yeah, the company went out of business right after taking payment.
Speaker 8: Well, dispute it on your credit card?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but there is no website or anything.
Speaker 16: It was on my debit card.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean, how did you put in a pin number?
Speaker 16: Yes? Yes, we went to our bank.
Speaker 6: Here's what I want to know, here's something I wanted to find out. On the invoice, there's no address. Well, there is an address, Hold on, there is an address. Is there a website for this place? How did you guys find it?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 16: Down at the very bottom, there's no website.
Speaker 6: Do you know the difference between you? Look at nevermind, I'm not going to build it on you. That's an email address. That is not a website. That's a Gmail addressed here.
Speaker 10: Yes, the website to this place is fifty States autoparts dot com.
Speaker 6: Where'd you find it?
Speaker 10: Found it online?
Speaker 6: But she's she's not okay.
Speaker 10: It's fifty States, not States. It's fifty States autoparts dot Com. I had to call them several times during the break and they do not answer their phone. I don't think.
Speaker 6: Okay, so this is the place that is out of business mine. When I put in fifty parts, when I put in fifty States autoparts dot com, it forwards me to a Nissan dealer fifty States autoparts dot com. The number five zero is that what it does? BO help me out here?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 10: The phone number I have.
Speaker 6: Is no BO. I don't need the phone number. I need the website. Can you give me the URL please?
Speaker 10: I can't. I can't find it. I just know it's fifty States Autoparts dot com.
Speaker 6: I'll look, but that doesn't come up. See I'm typing it fifty States Autoparts dot com. And what it does is it forwards me to a Nissan dealer. Actually, every time I type forms me to something else.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Now I typed it in again. I typed in fifty States autoparts dot com again and it comes up as www dot trust pilot dot com.
Speaker 6: You know what's there's no website. It's suffice it to say there's no website.
Speaker 8: Well what I don't. Just hold on a second.
Speaker 4: Guys, she said, you started saying you walked into your bank to pay for this.
Speaker 8: How did you pay for this?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 16: No, no, I I called my bank. My husband paid with this debit card and Mark Mark.
Speaker 6: We went all through this. I don't want to do it again. Let me just explain it to Mark Mark. It was. It was a debit card transaction period. They went to the bank to try to reverse it. The bank says, we can't. They already took the money. Okay, so I don't want to. I mean, if you have probably just to complete move on.
Speaker 14: I found a site called fifty Stars Auto Parts and they say that why.
Speaker 6: Don't we just make up any name? I mean, what difference.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just it's probably a complete scam and they took her money.
Speaker 11: It's it's definitely a scam.
Speaker 6: Okay, this one has a different phone number, I think. But look at whatever it is that you lost your money. I mean, I don't really know what else to tell you, and I hate saying it, but I think you lost your money.
Speaker 20: Okay.
Speaker 16: Well, I appreciate your time, and I appreciate.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry for you. I'm sorry that we couldn't help you more. I I really really am three h three seven one three eight two no no, I yes, And you're welcome, although we didn't really do anything for you. Oh man, this is terrible. We have more coming right up. Hi, Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. We're out of time. We're gonna come back. We have another hour and it's gonna be busy. We're gonna go back to the r V problem. We're gonna go back to Susan and the water damage and we're gonna try to get compass insurance on or someone who can address that. And then Duane with auto savvy problem. I'm Tom Martino. Stick around for more on the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up bad news, You need advice who.
Speaker 2: You don't have to.
Speaker 3: Come running just.
Speaker 5: As fast as we can.
Speaker 3: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 5: Come man, this is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five welcome. Hey, Paul, the waterman's with us. And I do have to go to some texts because I think people are getting a little. I'm getting a lot so so on the pfas they're chemicals, they're in everything. Basically you can remove them from your home with a system and soft of the water and get all the benefits for thirty four ninety five if you call Mentioned Martino, then for eleven hundred you can do reverse osmosis for drinking water. This is wonderful, but what about the general population? What about I mean, Paul, It scares the hell out of me.
Speaker 11: So right now, the ep is mandated that local water municipalities have to restrict p fives and the water supply the process.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but how do they do it?
Speaker 11: Well, that's see, that's the whole problem is that you know, you got an eight in to waterman coming with all that water pressure. So you imagine the size of the filtration system you'd have to have. I mean, it's sumong, it's would be you.
Speaker 6: There is no way to meet the federal mandates. So so what happens.
Speaker 11: That it's up to the individual. I think if you're if you're gonna give people tax breaks to buy e bikes, why not give them tax breaks to filter the.
Speaker 6: Wall, especially if the local municipalities can't meet the standards.
Speaker 11: I totally agree. This is this is something that we really have to dress and bring the forefront because it's serious.
Speaker 6: Okay, next question, Mark lives on well Water. I used to live on well Warner, big beautiful Well. Does he have p fas in that Warner?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 11: I think you think.
Speaker 6: So can you test for them?
Speaker 11: You can't test for them.
Speaker 6: You can't.
Speaker 11: You have to take them to the lab. You can't take to the state lab because they got they got caught fudging water tests. You believe it or not. So both the Colorado Colorado State Lab. Wow, so you'd have to find it independent to do PFOS testing. But I believe with the research Tom that I've done, everybody has, you know, concern for p fives in the water. It's a global issue really truly.
Speaker 6: I wonder though, if we sent a sample of Mark's well, now he's got your system. So I'm Mark, I mean, could you imagine if the runoff of the rain affected people out in the country on wells.
Speaker 4: Well we're on the lower docks. Then I don't know how they get their water supply.
Speaker 6: I mean water evaporates into the sky. I get it. The water cycle doesn't clean up everything.
Speaker 11: So me listen how these get their water from well water too? I mean they get it from either the plaid or ground water wells that feed that you know, they're holding tanks. It's the same thing. Upper Dawson, Lower Dawson. You it's a water What do you think? How do you think those waterways get get resupplied?
Speaker 6: Hey, we had another topic looming. Is Brian Burns unavailable for the whole show today basically up until about one.
Speaker 7: Oh be late.
Speaker 6: Mark might have to handle this, Okay, So let's talk about water damage. Susan, the pipe burst, you got sixty thousand. We're going to try to get an insurance company on to see if you're being treated fairly. You can also call a public adjuster to take a look at it. My feeling is that they are classifying it correctly, but I might be wrong. I mean, I've been wrong several times when I tried to think like a company and it ended up being wrong and the consumer got helped. Here's the bottom line. Okay, there's a lot of statutes of limitations, expired absolute statutes that means someone did something intentionally. There's absolute statutes. They don't allow the country to be mired in lawsuits for our entire lives. So here's the big question. I think the only protection is going to be insurance. Would your insurance cover it or the neighbor's insurance. I never even thought of that, because even though you have a contract with yours and you may have an exclusion for groundwater or waste water or other water from other places flowing into or onto your property, that neighbor has liability. So maybe they can put an acclaim because you can show some causation. Possibly would their plumber say, did their plumber hint that by him capping that neighbor it caused you to back your pipe to leak.
Speaker 15: I believe so. But I also know that the insurance company had a independent engineer come out and look at it, and I believe that was his assertion. I'll also tell.
Speaker 6: You that the wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait, your insurance company had an independent engineer come out, right, Yes, what were the findings of the engineer? What were the findings?
Speaker 18: Again?
Speaker 15: What I remember was inconclusive of the source of the water. Can I'd like to tell you this one piece of it. The lake. The people that own the lake, they were made aware of the break in the house nearby us. They were told that the water that came into our neighbor's house was coming from their lake. They had idea of that three weeks before ours broke. So I'm if our insurance doesn't pay, I wonder if the people who own the lake and.
Speaker 6: Have I mean, you might be able, you might be able to make a case for negligence because you're saying they knew about a condition and did not act on it. What exactly did they know and who told them?
Speaker 20: They came out.
Speaker 15: The managers of the property came out to the house that had the initial break, and they were told where the pipe went underground towards their lake. They were told that there were crowd ads in the lake, that it smelt like lake water. They were shown where the pipe went from there.
Speaker 6: So an engineer. An engineer examined your neighbor's property and told the lake owner, you have water leaking out of your lake into their home.
Speaker 15: No, they did not tell the homeowner that they were. They spoke, or they didn't come out and show that. The engineer didn't. The engineer spoke to them, got that information and then showed where the pipe went towards the lake.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm going to have to say that. Hold on, Susan. I know you think you're being clear, but not to me. Okay, it's my fault, my fault. Okay, you said that the lake owner was made aware that their lake was overflowing into your neighbor's home three weeks before your pipe broke. Here's what I need to know. Nothing else. Who made the lake owner aware?
Speaker 15: The owner of the house where the initial overflow occurred.
Speaker 6: Your neighbor, Yes, your neighbor told the lake owner. I had an engineer to my home and they identified the source of the water as coming from the lake.
Speaker 15: No, the engineer did not come to that house and make that observation.
Speaker 6: You see why I'm confused.
Speaker 15: Engineers.
Speaker 6: Wait, wait, we don't need another voice yet. I need to know who made the lake owner aware the lake was overflowing.
Speaker 15: Our neighbor.
Speaker 6: How did the neighbor know the source of the water.
Speaker 15: They made the assumption because there was crowd ads in the water in their homes.
Speaker 6: Okay, the neighbors made the assumption, or the engineer made the assumption.
Speaker 15: No, not at not at the three weeks before it broke. The engineer came after, came to our house after the break. Did the review?
Speaker 6: Okay? Hold on then, no engineer, No engineer, So hold on, just wait please, So three weeks before for your break. No engineer, no professional, no expert made the lake owner aware that they had a problem.
Speaker 15: No, just the neighbor and had a hunch.
Speaker 6: The neighbor had a hunch and some proof.
Speaker 15: That the pipe was coming from the direction of the lake.
Speaker 6: Okay, but there was nothing conclusive. It was a hunch from the neighbors that correct. Yes, Okay, So the question will be was that enough notice that they should have acted on were they negligent not to? Now, an engineer's notification would have been way more credible than a neighbor with a hunch. So I don't know the answer, Mark, Do you have an idea once a person who owns the lat supposed to do? I'm just curious. Well, I don't know either. But you mean if a neighbor, if a person in the neighborhood comes up and says, mister lake owner, I have a hunch that your lake is overflowing into my house through this pipe because I smell crawdads, I don't know what they're supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Well, even if if there was at one point irrigation pipe or something from the lake and no one knows where it is and it was put in fifty one hundred years ago, I mean, I have no idea what the lake owner would possibly do.
Speaker 6: Or if he's responsible. I have another question for Susan without a lot of story, but mainly if you have some answers. If not, I understand, do you know if that overflow pipe was there before the current lake owner bought that property.
Speaker 13: I do not know.
Speaker 6: How long did that lake owner own that property.
Speaker 15: They owned it in the sixties.
Speaker 6: From the sixties, yes, okay, and they still own it, yes okay, And we have no idea. See that's another thing you'd have to establish. If that lake owner says I bought this lake, is there a house on the lake or I mean is it just a lake?
Speaker 15: No, it's an active property.
Speaker 6: Like what do you mean an active like a residence?
Speaker 15: No, a business?
Speaker 6: What kind of business?
Speaker 15: I'd rather not say right now.
Speaker 6: Well, then we're going to have to enter our conversation.
Speaker 8: It was nice.
Speaker 6: I hope you can work it out, but we need information to continue, and our experts would need information. But I understand you can. You can pursue this with an attorney or something. And I wish you the best. I really do, I I really do three O three seven to one three talk seven one three A two five five. You see. I understand people don't want to talk about stuff, but it's a matter of public record, and we we're not going to pull teeth. We're not going to circle around and try to play by your rules. Okay, we need complete information if you want to avail yourself of our experts. Raina Bias is on and I can she hold through the break or she and or hurry? I really want to give her more time and I'd rather hold Let me know, Kashena, please, what's that? Three oh three? I can't hear what. I'm sorry, tell me okay, thank you so Raina, thank you so much. I'm going to come back to you because this is really important and we get your spin on this. We have more coming right up, Hi, Tom Martino. Rent A Bias is an attorney at law the Bias Firm dot com ba Yas. We use her as an expert because she knows a lot about car laws and warranties and Magnus and Moss and blah blah blah. This is not so complicated. I'm gonna sum it up, Reina. It can get complicated, but I'm gonna make it real simple. Ernie did a private transaction. He bought an RV from a neighbor. Well is his name. It's not Ernie. I'm sorry, it's my fault. Jerry. So, Jerry bought an RV from a neighbor. And it's a two thousand and four Gulf Stream RV for forty grand And it's that simple. Private sale. He found a warranty. He paid four grand. Well, he didn't pay four grand, it was four paid by monthly payments. He made a few monthly payments. The underwriter is called dowc. It doesn't matter. There was the people who sold him the warranty and then the one who underwrote it. He was having electrical issues. The refrigerators shorted and caused multiple problems to the tune of thousands of dollars in repair. The warranty company was contacted by I guess the mechanic. The underwriter responded by canceling the warranty and said that it's not in effect now, Jerry, we can't have a lot of narration. I want to ask you what was the reason they gave you, either verbally or in writing, as to why they canceled the policy.
Speaker 2: They gave me two reasons. One they said they canceled it.
Speaker 7: Ter my request.
Speaker 2: Two was because they said they could do it, because they could.
Speaker 6: Okay, now I have a copy. I have a copy of the warranty and basically it's a standard extended warranty standard, standard, standard, standard, standard, standard. Nothing in it says they can cancel it because they want to blah, blah blah. It's just like all the rest of them. There might be some exclusions and then i'm reading. But in general, though, what I understand is how they just cancel them. What is your first blush on this RNA.
Speaker 21: My first blush is that they can't cancel it. So it sounds like he was making his payments and he was doing it on time.
Speaker 7: Is that right? Yes?
Speaker 21: Okay, so at the time that you can't At the time that you signed the contract, the idea was that you would get this coverage even though all the payments hadn't been made. Right, It wasn't that you had to pay four dollars to actually write that's right, cancel that's right exactly.
Speaker 12: Well, so it's almost like almost like kind of a loan.
Speaker 21: But regardless, it was in effect the first time he made the payment, and as long as he was current on his payment, they're not allowed to cancel it.
Speaker 4: Well, hold on a second, if let me argue this mark, Well, just hold on real quick. If this company shows up because he puts a claim in and they come out to look at this for the claim and when they get out there, it's not roadworthy.
Speaker 8: It's falling apart.
Speaker 4: It's rusted, it's on fire for that matter, whatever it happens to be. I mean, how does that work then?
Speaker 6: And be okay, hold on, hold on, please please let me clarify something. We understand that the warranty, under normal circumstances would have been in effect. However, that does not mean they can't turn down a claim based on exclusions. Now, maybe that's why it was turned down, Okay, not that it wasn't in effect. I don't think they're arguing that it wasn't in effect. I think what they're arguing, and what Mark is getting at, is that they're arguing that when at the time he bought this it was a piece of crap.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, okay.
Speaker 21: So usually there's some sort of exclusion in the contract itself that says, if this was a pre existing condition, that they are not going to cover it. Now, you can argue that they should have come out and looked at it, and that they were the ones who extended the contract, so they took it as the vehicle being.
Speaker 2: What it is.
Speaker 21: But if there is that exclusion, then it is something to contend with, right, If there is a pre existing condition, and that's what they're blaming it on they can say that they're not going to cover. It all comes down to whatever they are excluding. So you have to just look at that language carefully.
Speaker 16: So are they is that what they're doing?
Speaker 6: So I want to ask you something, Mark, you got me? Let me ask the owner because he's the only one that really knows. What did they mean it was not roadworthy when they came out and looked at your RV. Well, I'm going to ask you, not them, I'm going to ask you before you had these problems. Was this an RV that was on the road being used regularly?
Speaker 9: Jerry yees.
Speaker 2: Yes, we live in it full time. We've been to Texas and New Mexico in it. It's just that one evening and everything went south on it.
Speaker 6: So it was roadworthy, it was registered, it was and your neighbor before you bought it was also using it.
Speaker 2: Correct, he lived in it full time.
Speaker 4: Oh wait a minute, Wait a minute, is it possible on some of these if you're living in it. That's a whole different kind of insurance. In other words, the warranty is for something you know, you go on vacation with, not something.
Speaker 8: You live in.
Speaker 2: But when I asked gentleman, who sold it to me. He said, it's fully covered, no matter if I'm on the road or if I'm setting in an RV park.
Speaker 4: Well, that has nothing to do if you're living with it, though, I mean, Tom, do you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: Yes, exactly, many times, hold on, many times. A warranty is meant to be a warranty for a regular RV. If you live in it, they figure you're using it too much, and there's an exclusion for people who live they have to buy a more robust warranty. I don't know what you're said about that. Actually, Mark, I didn't see the contract, but he's right. There are RV warranties that won't warranty you if you live in it.
Speaker 2: Well, they said they did cover everything, whether I lived in it or not, because my wife works and we traveled to different areas for her work.
Speaker 6: So they said, what do you mean? They said, what does that mean?
Speaker 2: They said when I purchased the insurance to the Jema said, you know, we live in it.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't matter, No, no telling him, hold on, I don't want to go there, Jerry, I understand nothing anyone says truly. Okay, and Jerry.
Speaker 2: That's one reason we call.
Speaker 6: Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, please listen to me for the future, at least unless you can absolutely positively prove each and every word that would lead to fraud in the inducement. It is a waste of time to talk about what you talked about. Okay, it really really is. Okay, then let's not talk about it. Let's talk about what the warranty says.
Speaker 4: Well, I can tell you right now the warranty that he has our V Guard, their limited warranty does not cover r v's.
Speaker 8: That are used full time as primary ray.
Speaker 6: Now where do you see that mark?
Speaker 8: I see it on their website, But.
Speaker 6: Did you see it in the contract. I'm just curious. I'm not well, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Agree now the contract. First of all, the one I have, I can't even read the middle of it. And then for some reason, it looks like he blacks the stuff out.
Speaker 2: That's the one.
Speaker 4: But listen, here's the bottom line. I've never looked at one unless if you buy full time insurance, and you know you're talking like homeowners, it's five six grand whatever it is a year. I have never seen an RV a recreational vehicle extended warranty that covers stuff you live in.
Speaker 8: I've never seen one.
Speaker 2: Well, that's through my primary insurance. My primary takes care of it as a home. My warranty takes care of anything from the ball.
Speaker 4: You're totally missing what I'm saying. When you buy a warranty like you did through our v guard, if you live in it, it voids the warranty.
Speaker 6: See, it could be it could be that that is an exclusion. Here's what I would do. Here's truly what I would do, because there's a lot of money at stake. What I would do is hire You said you could not find an attorney, not one who would read the contract and give you an opinion, right, And I said, what do you mean you can't find an attorney that would take an hourly rate and read a contract? And you said, I can't find one. So, Jerry, I'm going to ask Reina if he wanted to hire you simply to interpret the contract and the denial. I mean, would you do that on an hourly basis?
Speaker 21: Yeah, we offer hourly consultations, so if it's one hour, five hundred dollars. I spent a half an hour looking at the contract and then I talked to you about your case and how good it is.
Speaker 16: Yeah, we do that on a regular basis.
Speaker 6: And and Jerry, there we go. Let's start there. Because no matter what the website says, no matter what you say, he said, no matter what I say, what's going to matter is the contract. Okay, can I add one more thing?
Speaker 12: And if we you know what I really need?
Speaker 21: Yes, raa, Jerry is going to call me or anybody's gonna call me. I really need a denial. Right, we got to show what are they actually saying is the reason that they're canceling the contract? That piece of paper is going to go along way.
Speaker 8: He doesn't have one, He doesn't have a denial?
Speaker 6: He did so, Jerry, how do you know it was.
Speaker 2: Canceled because they sent me an email?
Speaker 6: Okay, so you do have a denial, have a.
Speaker 16: Copy of it?
Speaker 2: Yes, you should have a copy.
Speaker 6: Well I don't. I don't.
Speaker 8: There's a native middle email. The emails say that you canceled the warranty.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm reading an email now, I says the rep the three hundred and twenty one seventy five has been made to your account per the contract being canceled by you. Well, and I didn't care you.
Speaker 22: Contract and they never denied anything. They're saying he canceled it to and what do they they say? They say that you canceled the contract.
Speaker 2: That was the first one.
Speaker 9: Yes, I and you.
Speaker 6: Didn't send that to you didn't send that to us. But you have to send it to Raina.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought I had it sent to you.
Speaker 6: Sorry about that now you said hold on. You said that was the first one. What was the second one? What was the second one?
Speaker 2: If they canceled it due to the fact that they could at any time.
Speaker 6: That was that they said that in writing, Yes, I'm looking for it. So they sent you an email. Is no, we canceled your warranty because we can cancel at any time for any reason. Correct, Okay, I want you to send both of those emails along with the contract to Raina. We're gonna put you in touch with her because truly we've gone as far as we can. I'm Tom Martino, by the way, the Bias Firm dot com. Let me give you the number seven to zero five five two sixty sixty two. Hi Tom Martino here three h three seven one three talk seven one three two five I Dwayne, I'm so sorry for the weight man. What's going on?
Speaker 9: Dwayne?
Speaker 12: Hey? How you doing? Tom good?
Speaker 6: I'm sorry for the waight Dwayne?
Speaker 7: We oh it's all good.
Speaker 6: Just what's going on?
Speaker 16: Wait while I wait before we're good?
Speaker 12: Well, we bought I bought an MKC Lincoln from Otto Savvy a few years ago.
Speaker 6: And oh that's the one you said, did you send all those pictures?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 6: Oh my god. Now let me ask you something. When did you discover When did you buy it?
Speaker 12: I think it was April of twenty twenty three?
Speaker 6: Okay, care, Now when did you tell your story you bought this link? And how many miles were on it?
Speaker 12: Like nineteen thousand?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 6: So what's going on?
Speaker 12: And well, right away I drove it down the road and friend in um rattled like the A frame was going to fall off, and so I took the back.
Speaker 6: What do you mean right away? What do you mean right away on the test drive?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 12: I mean after I bought it.
Speaker 11: The test Did you.
Speaker 6: Have it checked out before you? Did you? Did you have it checked out before you bought it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: Okay, So then what happened after you felt this rattling? I?
Speaker 12: Uh, I took it back. The guy rode to me and said, yep, you're right. So they put on a strut, didn't it did not fix it?
Speaker 6: How long after? How long after you bought it? Did you notice this rattling?
Speaker 12: About a week?
Speaker 6: Okay? So and then the guy put on a strut and it didn't work? Then what.
Speaker 12: So I called him and told them and I took it back. They were going to take it to a body shop.
Speaker 16: I waited for.
Speaker 6: Now, let me ask you something? Did you so?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 6: Apparently it was under some kind of warranty.
Speaker 12: Oh, it has just a short warranty of how long.
Speaker 9: I went go ahead of?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I did a little research auto Savvy and a couple of very interesting things came up. So, first of all, their vehicles do come with a four month, forty five hundred mile warranty. But what's even more significant about Autosavvy is they specialize in what they uphemistically call branded title vehicles, oh, which means they're all salvaged vehicles.
Speaker 6: And they.
Speaker 14: Yeah that the term branded title vehicles appears many many times throughout their website. Oh okay, so that's important background to this.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now, so it's it's they don't pretend it not to be They say it's a branded.
Speaker 14: Title, yeah, and they advertise it like a really big positive for the consult.
Speaker 6: It can be a big positive because if you want to keep a car and you're not thinking you're going to get a lot of money on trade or selling, a branded title or a rebuilt from salvage is not always crap. It can be crap. It's not always crap. Sometimes it's a way to own a really nice car way cheaper. But I don't want to go there right now. What I want to know is this. You had a problem, they tried to react to it. That was in twenty twenty three. What's going on now?
Speaker 12: Well, actually that went on.
Speaker 6: Did they ever fix that rattling in the front by the way, did they ever fix it?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 12: I believe I took it back to home eight times and they finally just said that we can't fix it and it's your problem now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, which, of course it is crudging by these pictures.
Speaker 8: I mean, it looks like the frame is broke in all kinds of.
Speaker 6: Problems, but it is a they're terrible pictures. Here's the problem. Though, Dwayne had every right to have that inspected and to find those problems before he bought it. I mean, this is a terrible situation, but Dwayne walked into it. I mean I don't see did they what did they do? What did they they lie to them? Did they cheat him? Here's what I want to know. If it was under warranty and they couldn't fix it under warranty, why didn't you fight it? Then?
Speaker 7: Well we did.
Speaker 6: We got to take a break. I'll come right back. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three A two five five. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven to one to three talk. Okay, So Dwayne, listen, man, what why didn't you when they didn't honor the warranty? Why couldn't you like do something?
Speaker 9: Then?
Speaker 6: Real quick?
Speaker 12: Well, I did go and see them several times. They kept assuring me fix it. I don't know if I mentioned it, but it took it back multiple times.
Speaker 6: No, no, I know eight times. But then but then the warranty expired. True, okay, So what do you want now?
Speaker 12: I just didn't know if there was any recourse. I had the pictures I sent you, we would annow you might.
Speaker 6: Want to see rain a bias and get a consultation. I personally think it's gonna be very difficult because you bought it as is. They clearly disclose its salvage. You could have had it checked out and all of that. And now I'm not chastising you. I'm saying it could be you have recourse, but it's gonna be it's gonna be, uh, pretty difficult, man. I mean, it's gonna be very difficult. But I would go to Raina and ask her. I mean, the thing is a piece of crap, brother, it is. Well, what do they say about all your pictures?
Speaker 12: They didn't reply, Hey, does.
Speaker 6: Anybody want to Hey, I want to know something. Does anyone want to take a stab at trying to negotiate something with these guys? I mean, this guy doesn't have a prayer in my opinion, But what do you think anybody want to take a prayer. I think I think we ought to let him talk to Reya first. I'm Tom Martinez three or three seven one three two five five. Don't forget people. You can text me at any time at seven four seven nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty don't forget. Referral list dot com for help, information and referral save all your problems, for all of us,