Speaker 1: One unlimited access to handicapping without exorbitant prices and brisnet dot com as you're covered with a variety of plans for past performances, pedigree and raw data. The brisnet dot Com Performance Plan covers unlimited pds past performances for eighty five dollars a month, and it's available at persnet dot com slash plans. American Produce Records Online puts the pedigrees of nearly one million ams and more than two million folds at your fingertips plus cyrus dads for only two hundred and seventy five dollars a year. It is available at brisnet dot com slash apr. The brisnet dot Com Data Plan offers unlimited access to race day data files, perfect for handicappers with their own database or to plug into other people's programs. Data plans one hundred and twenty five a month. Visits at brisnet dot com from with information and more and discover why it's the handicapper's edge and The Kentucky and Nick Capper Sheet is available now. Got to brisnet dot com or pick one up at the Redmile. The Scratch Sheet's also available at the Red Mile.
Speaker 2: Well during twenty one, the Grade three five hundred found out of Ohio Derby was won by Moplex, three old coke from the first cup by Complexity. Complexity stands in Airdrie stud Moplex went into the Ohio Derby off of victory in the one hundred and fifty thousand dollars base sh Or Stakes at Aquador.
Speaker 3: There is also one of the.
Speaker 2: Grade three Sandford Stakes at Saratoga, the two hundred thousand dollars Funny Side, also at Saratoga, placing three other stakes including the Grade one Champagne who's won eight times one five, never been out of the money, and he's earned seven hundred and forty five thousand dollars. And let me point out that the second place to Motex in the Grade two High Derby was Chunk of Gold, a coach by Burdency Jones, founder of Drew stud out of Amera Ba Cairo Prince, who also stands at Airdrew Studd Complexity stablemate. As a matter of fact, Complexity assided seven stakes winners a dozen stakes horses in his first cop among them Blackfzer. They're Group two winner in England. Kaylee's Angel, winner of two stakes at o'clon another at Turfway, Tough Catch, winner of states at the Fairgrounds and second in stakes at Churchill in Keenden Holly Grove is one stakes at Turfway and placed in three more graded stakes Complexity Jane there is one stakes at La Mensa at Woodbine. Fourteen percent of his runners they earned black type complexity, one of the Grade one Champagne stakes, one of the Grade two. Kelso was second in the Grade one four Gold All in New York. He was a runner Any's siring runners. For more on the stallions over Airdrew stud Or Shannon A. Kyle at eighty five nine, eight seven, three seventy two, seventy take going at the website which is Drew Studd dot Com.
Speaker 4: From the horse capital of the world, it's Horsetails with Ursul Ellis. We'll talk about the horses, the people, and the history of the thoroughbred industry and its secretary of that. What's the flight to and Alfletes now line from Kentucky's Bluegrass region. Here's Ursul.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everyone, and we're here at the Thoroughbridge Center in the Parish Election and Road and we've been joined this morning by John Nicholson and Shaun Washington. Uh, you all we'll kind of run together.
Speaker 3: You never show up without him.
Speaker 5: It's an entry, it's an entree.
Speaker 3: That's an entry. Yeah, yeah, one A and one B.
Speaker 6: Well he's one A, so it's his fault.
Speaker 3: It depends on what the age stands for. Well, let's stop there.
Speaker 2: Oh God, who was telling them all? Sitting there telling us our problems over the weekend? Uh, Jackie and I got what do you call it?
Speaker 7: Hacked?
Speaker 8: Hacked?
Speaker 2: And uh we were out a You know, it's amazing what you can't do when you don't have a computer.
Speaker 3: You just lost. Yeah, you're you're on a desert island by yourself.
Speaker 2: Whether there's a young lady that has a shop, h we get it all straightened out and with the bank and so forth. And but there's a young lady that has a uh uh computer her paras shop right there in Paris, uh huh. And we took it. We had, of course, we had to take our computer over there, and we left it with her, and she kept it for two days and then she brought it back and put it all back together for us with us, you know, yeah, and and uh got everything working real good. And then I couldn't remember to get back on Brittany and I couldn't remember what my.
Speaker 3: What your password was name?
Speaker 2: So anyway, they were awfully nice at Bristiny had too because they're great people that they are.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I was listening to Jackie's ad and reminded me I need to get my handicapper sheet today.
Speaker 3: We got to we got to Stephen Foster today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a good race and they got all kinds of sex treasures over Churchill.
Speaker 6: Big day, Yeah, Thorp, Peter, I Anna is going to try to make you come back. Oh oh, I know. I can't figure out still that she finished seventh that last race, and that doesn't fit something.
Speaker 9: Now, something she decided she's mad about something that I ain't.
Speaker 2: Canny kind of blamed himself, mystic Dan is coming back to of course she came back with a win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, out, so we're gonna have a big day. I'm just curious.
Speaker 6: And since I walked in the door here at the Palatial studios at the Kentucky Thirdbread Training Center, why are you wearing Kansas State shirt? Well, you got the wrong Wildcats. If you're all mixed up, it's probably from that hicking.
Speaker 2: Matt Howard.
Speaker 5: You know Matt, he's a farm manager.
Speaker 2: Of oh, what's the name of that place?
Speaker 3: Warhorse?
Speaker 6: Okay, he manages Warhorse.
Speaker 3: Okay, he's got fifty six fifty eight folds.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine going.
Speaker 3: To the large that's a lot.
Speaker 5: That's a lot.
Speaker 6: He's a good war Horse farm.
Speaker 3: Okay, Matt.
Speaker 2: So he's probably our greatest there. Matt and Crystal and the boys, Gauge and Dutcher as they're younger. Uh, they're like family.
Speaker 1: When they first got here, okay, he managed his farm back here, I can't remember they anyway, they.
Speaker 5: Sort of adopted us and we adopted them.
Speaker 1: They were from Kansas, so they'd come over for Thanksgiving and of course.
Speaker 6: You know me, I got this.
Speaker 1: It's broke, yeah, you know. But now the boys are fourteen and taller than everybody, and we've just been substitute family. I have the cutest pictures when they would have grandparents Day at Cambridge. We were the grandparents.
Speaker 3: You were the grandparents.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We went over and we had to buy library and motion now they do, yeah, and we got our pictures.
Speaker 5: Taken with the kids.
Speaker 6: It was great.
Speaker 5: We just loved it.
Speaker 2: And they both work. She works with what's the big firm riddle?
Speaker 1: She is the kind of the park mayor of Fertility, got like three hundred and fifty mayors out there.
Speaker 3: Under her care, harm works.
Speaker 5: And so yes this, yes.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, that over there right by old old friends, that division of Brutio.
Speaker 1: It might be yeah, I forget exactly.
Speaker 2: But well they're great people. And the boys, we just love them all. They wonderful there. They've been so nice. They come over, they come over and bring dinner every Sunday. Well know what, I love them too that she didn't have.
Speaker 1: To cook and as they come, you know, they are really nice and where they're substitute family.
Speaker 6: Okay, well then and hit her.
Speaker 1: Mom's coming in this week. Her mom is really interesting, have horses and stuff, and she just wanted them to meddle the side of the great outdoors for she does barrels and stuff like that.
Speaker 5: Isn't that well, it's just different different kind of horses, different kinds.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 6: I feel better, you're not confused that you got I thought somebody's pulled one over and given him a Wildcats jersey. But it's not a Kentucky But you knew all along it was Kansas State well.
Speaker 2: This is the lightest one I could find.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Well, in their youngest Gauge went to football camp at U k oh and then Ursul said he's going to get him a Kentucky shirt, and uh over they're all teasing and carrying on.
Speaker 6: You know, put put in a good word for the Kentucky Wildcats, and they need every kind of football player they can find right now.
Speaker 5: Well, ever since then, he loved camp. I don't know what they do with those kids.
Speaker 1: But he loved it.
Speaker 6: Ochs, we're out there.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 6: If that translates into the the Kentucky Wildcats hitting a couple of winds, I'm for it.
Speaker 3: We're doing here. Look at a little tough Sean's gonna be a little rough and I'll get over the mountain. We'll get there. Is that a weather warning?
Speaker 1: Is that what that is?
Speaker 3: It's my phone, It's all of our phones.
Speaker 7: Now, that's not what it is?
Speaker 3: Somebody?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, everybody listening to us probably got the same thing.
Speaker 1: Somewhere was it?
Speaker 7: Where was it?
Speaker 6: Russell Will?
Speaker 1: Is that where it says?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Rock Castle County?
Speaker 1: Rock Castle?
Speaker 9: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, the boys ever since they were they they lived in Paris, you know, and they could go to school there and everything and every day during school days, uh.
Speaker 6: Because your parents are working, so they catch.
Speaker 3: A bus to our place and come and stay with us.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, pretty much after school.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, ever since they were in school. School. Yeah, yeah, they're they're really nice.
Speaker 3: A nice situation there. That's great. Yeah, straight a.
Speaker 1: Students and it's funny.
Speaker 6: Are they going to be Are they interested in staying in the horse business?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know either. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: In middle school now or the house.
Speaker 7: What grade would they be here?
Speaker 1: The first year high school, last year of middle in the first year of middle like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's different now the first year of high school.
Speaker 5: It's now a year now, I guess.
Speaker 6: Yes, it's because middle school, isn't that seventh, eighth and ninth.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Seven eight.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what's fun. We went to the band concert, the boys middle school band.
Speaker 5: Were they good and they were all they're fantastic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but they're so cute.
Speaker 1: You know, they're out there banging on things and tooting their horns and stuff.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's just it's worth it's worth it just to go.
Speaker 1: To one of those little some things.
Speaker 6: So yeah, well, speaking of music, there's a new chapter in the life of old friends. We are engaging with a West Coast hip hop artist whose name is Nitty Gritty. Well he's pretty gritty, but his name is Nitty. And now there's a an East Coast hip hop artist in New York named Young Gritty. But don't get confused, we're not talking about him. We're talking about Nitty Nitty.
Speaker 2: I doubt if I'll get him confused.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that if I listen to him instead of it. It's a fascinating story. So we have a gentleman who's given us a couple of horses over the years. Mike Mann's Gold is the one that's still with us in the in the owner and breeder's name is Greg Conley from Washington State. Greg's been a successful thirdbread breeder in Washington State and as an entrepreneur and made money in different realms. He got associated with this hip hop artist and producer in Los Angeles named Nitty, and in their conversations, he said, now, have you ever been to a racetrack? And Nidy said, no, I grew up in the hood. I'm not nobody's ever.
Speaker 8: Asked me to a racetrack, he says, well.
Speaker 2: We're going to go.
Speaker 3: Well, then he fell in love with it.
Speaker 6: Greg took him back to the to the Barnes put him on a track pony on a horse, and Nity wrote a rap song about out the horse's heartbeat right there and is all in So he is produced, is producing an album of rap hip hop music, totally devoted to thirdbred racing. Yeah, and the first one I heard, Uh, somehow we'll hook it up someday and I'll play it for I don't know how to do it. He sent it over What's app to Me? A theme song to the Belmont that he wrote.
Speaker 3: And it's good and many many yeah, yeah, that's a big deal. Well he likes me. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: So old Friends, let mean think of this, Old Friends is going to be benefiting from the royalties of this hip hop there's a different word for it now. We would have called it an album back.
Speaker 3: In the day.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a collection of songs and uh, and it's all very pro racing, and Old Friends is going to be the beneficiary of it. And Niddy's gonna gonna come to Old Friends sometime, hopefully sooner. Sooner than later, but this year, and I'm just really super excited about it and a good great he's a great guy.
Speaker 3: But that's a huge Yeah you are you familiar with Nitny? That makes a big deal. It is, Well I am.
Speaker 6: Now you know what he said about me, Sean he said, and he said this in front of a.
Speaker 3: Lot of people.
Speaker 6: He said, my name came up and he said, Yeah, that guy's really dope.
Speaker 3: You really dope. And that's a good that's a good.
Speaker 7: Dope.
Speaker 6: That means Bill, You're you're you're good.
Speaker 3: Michael.
Speaker 6: I told Michael about that, and he wasn't all that impressed. He said that that Diane says that about him all the time, putting the a a after the really.
Speaker 1: Of The guy's name is Frank Ross. He was born sevens seven. His stage name is Nitty. He's an American rapper from the Bronx.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's living in Los Angeles.
Speaker 5: Man, that interesting from New York and we have.
Speaker 6: Had wonderful conversations and become friends. He's a he is a genuine and real supporter of old friends and and.
Speaker 1: Does he have race sources?
Speaker 6: Now he's going he's going to because well, you just said hadn't been exposed to it and then got the fever once once Greg took him to the track. And Uh, the other guy, the jockey and the French jockey in Japan whose name right now, I'm just having a moment that sounds like he's the leading writer in Japan is a is a supporter of this album project.
Speaker 3: As is.
Speaker 6: He's not Japanese, he's not Japanese.
Speaker 3: He's French. He's French, and he's.
Speaker 6: Got his clothing line and everything else. But but all of them have jumped in on this, uh, this project, and I just couldn't be more excited about it.
Speaker 3: Well, that don't surprised me. You and all the friendous people like you Ali spent the day at your house.
Speaker 7: Get I don't spent house account.
Speaker 6: Muhammad Alis that spent a whole day in my at my house on the and took a nap and my son.
Speaker 3: Said no the whole day. Yeah.
Speaker 6: It was the world of questering games in twenty ten. And now I had known Lannie from his wife when when I was trying to raise money before the horse park, we would testify in front of things while Lannie and and Muhammad were raising money for the Ali Center in Louisville. So we were, you know, we were. I was familiar with her and introduced and all that. Well, Mohammed was the grand marshal of the opening ceremonies of the twenty ten World of Questioning Games, and as you know, his health was not great and in those days, in those days, and she worked it out with the state police and everything that he would come early so he could rest because this was a nighttime thing. And he spent the day at my house, which was the greatest day of my life.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that was something.
Speaker 6: That was really something else. And we had if you remember the yep yep, Yeah, that's nitty so.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 6: So we had a bunch of kids from Haiti because the earthquake had happened that year, and Pierce Lines, doctor Lyons aid au Tech had put together this singing group of Haitian kids and all Tech had sponsored a school because their school had been destroyed in the earthquake. And these these just beautiful kids, thirty of them eight or nine years old, all running around. I had a trampoline in my backyard. At the horse park, all these horses around. They're having the time of their lives and they go in and they serenade Muhammad, who's sitting on my couch in my living room. I'm just I'm just looking at said, There'll never be another day like this. So I've got I keep that picture on my on my desk because for one thing.
Speaker 3: To tell people, I'm not I'm not making it up. It's it's authentic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I got I got people to people think a new song.
Speaker 1: Named two dozen Roses.
Speaker 6: I wonder if fact now I don't know that one yet. That might be one on about the Derby. His one about the Belmont is really quite good. The refrain of the rap is this is where legends are made, and it's it's it'll tug at your heart. Uh So, so I'm just real I can't wait for him to get.
Speaker 3: Here, and maybe we get him to bring the show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that'd be red letter day for horsetails and tell him to bring his guitar or wherever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, bring his voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well good for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that looks.
Speaker 9: Yeah looking kid.
Speaker 6: And he's taking my calls and I know he's a big you know, he's a huge deal, and but he's he's I love imagination and he's talking about how he can make old friends come come alive with the technology of music and all these things. And I'm not sure every single idea will will go, but something will go, you know. And that's why this is building new I love the idea. We're building new fans for the sport. You look this this this man Griffin and what he has done with his social media influencing for.
Speaker 7: Uh uh Sandman.
Speaker 6: You know, he was that involved in that and got a lot of young people interested through the influencing. And I don't even pretend to know how that works, but that's what racing's got to do. We gotta we gotta find different ways to get new people, new people involved. That Netflix series, you know, the ratings for the Derby were the highest they've been in thirty one years. Yeah, so, uh anyway, what's Netflix. That's a streaming one of the streaming things you can sign up to watch movies and documentaries and shows and different different things.
Speaker 1: And they did it Get.
Speaker 6: Home, and they did a great series about last year's Derby, I mean talking about Mystic Dan today.
Speaker 3: They did that.
Speaker 6: They followed Ripoli and John Stewart around and some of these guys and just made a series out of it.
Speaker 3: And through the Triple Crown. It is really good.
Speaker 6: Have you seen it, Sean, Yeah, I've seen it.
Speaker 3: Rest in peacet Larry and Mart he's done a good job.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: You know, we lost him about three weeks ago.
Speaker 3: I did, Larry mar Yeah, oh yeah, a great man he was.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I've seen it.
Speaker 12: Was awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And Joe, well we don't you know, you knew practically everybody and I knew several people in it, and uh, he got big ratings across the country and it gets people interested.
Speaker 2: Trained out here forever. Yeah, good guy. Yeah. It wasn't from here though. He was from the Caribbean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was from Nasau Yeah yeah, yeah, nice guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah he was.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he was in that well what yeah, well liked and everybody was really rooting for him in that in that derby yeah yeah yeah, ye.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 3: He came here because he wanted to.
Speaker 2: He was this to the Derby.
Speaker 3: He got you wanted some day to run.
Speaker 2: A horse in the derby. He had to do it, Yeah, you have to do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now he had battled cancer for a long time, hadn't he now, Council a long time.
Speaker 3: He lived a lot longer than people thought.
Speaker 8: He would said, Shawn, I hope I lived to see. I hope I get a chance to run one horse in the Derby.
Speaker 7: Yeah before anybount for cancer.
Speaker 3: Over ten years and it came true.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's a great story.
Speaker 3: Great story.
Speaker 1: It isn't he wasn't nice guy. When you trained right next to somebody for twenty years, you know whereightway, well, you know after a while for sure that they're you.
Speaker 6: Know, good people.
Speaker 5: So that's kind of the fun of the backstretch.
Speaker 6: Having uh training, having a trainer next to you that you like is like having a next door neighbor.
Speaker 2: That you liked.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, when Herb Jones and when we first moved out here.
Speaker 3: Did we heard he had a good horse call see hero of It?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rairie Jones.
Speaker 7: Yeah he was from Paris, Kentucky.
Speaker 3: Right, Oh yeah, mister Herb Jones.
Speaker 2: He was a good man, best friend. He was one of my best friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the time.
Speaker 7: He was out here a long time, right, for years.
Speaker 1: He ends up plenty. Did you ever hear this story about it? Where he went to New York got a job with this real famous trainer or a big deal. And he said they were down there one day and they were running this horse.
Speaker 5: I hope I'm telling this right.
Speaker 1: And the guy's mother is from New York. This guy's mother came in and said it's this one. I should you know that? And he said, now skip this one. This said no one and the horse one and he said, I went to that airport, got on the plane, came back here because anybody that would.
Speaker 2: He was great.
Speaker 1: It's a good guy.
Speaker 5: He when ursall got sick one summer.
Speaker 1: I can't remember what you had, but Herbert and I.
Speaker 5: Went to the races all summer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he sat there like this in the truck because I drove.
Speaker 3: Oh he was little.
Speaker 5: But yeah, his great guy.
Speaker 7: What was doctor Copeland's what was Randy's last name?
Speaker 3: To have doctor Copland all the years, Randy.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know. I don't think it was Jones.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he was, but he was kind of related, Yes he was.
Speaker 7: But he was a good horseman too, right, Randy to have doctor Copland.
Speaker 3: He was good at what he did.
Speaker 7: And what he did, yeah, he had a good horse eye with him.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 2: Also he was working in the lab with her, you know her, And I'm not with her.
Speaker 3: With doctor with doctor Copland. Yeah, and of course he was.
Speaker 2: He was, you know, his a bed friend, I guess, you.
Speaker 6: Know, yeah, daily companion, his companion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, they were everywhere together.
Speaker 2: They were everywhere together. He would drive back to the point where he would drive it. Yeah, doctor didn't want to drive any ones or Yeah, Randy would drive him around.
Speaker 3: I've had lunch with it. It was Randy m who had been twenty times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he done it.
Speaker 3: He did, He didn't.
Speaker 2: He died pretty young, you know, yeah he did.
Speaker 1: He didn't what the diabetes he had or diabetes is that why he had? Nobody really knew and uh, and didn't care of him.
Speaker 9: Oh, he didn't watch his diet and all that way.
Speaker 3: He looked pretty good actually to me.
Speaker 7: But I guess he just kicked care of himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, well I took down That's what Doc said. He didn't take care of himself. And you know, when you know some but he just got something like that. People kind of.
Speaker 5: Looked out for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but uh, but he really knew about Randy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, grand he was her met him the first time he somebody had sent him to down to her. It was a golf stream or somewhere to uh to palp her the marriage. See she was breedable. Yeah, and uh he was supposed to be there uh at like one o'clock or something like that, and he forgot doctored and uh a doctor. Yeah, so he he didn't get there. He finally remembered about two, you know, two hours later or something like that, and Randy was sitting there waiting for her and her you know, just apologizing everything, you know, and and uh that was the end of it. But he thought to himself, what an what a nice guy, you know? Yeah, do that well her you know doc on that farm right across from in Paris, you know, Sonny, the old Sunnyside farm.
Speaker 11: Alright, he went in there one day and he says he was looking at this horse and uh, Randy says, don't remember me?
Speaker 2: Do your doctor?
Speaker 3: M and R and doctor no, I I don't remember. Then he reminded him, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we went and traded the horse and everything, and uh he put it. He says, I'm gonna put a bandage on this horse in a couple of hours, you know, but I don't want anybody put the damn bandage on. Every nobody uh put a bandage on except me. That's a doctor. Well, he showed up and he says, there was this bandage on this horse. He says it look like somebody painted it on.
Speaker 3: I said it was perfect, yeah, and I says, pull put that bandage on it. N Randy says, uh I did.
Speaker 2: He says, well, you're going to go work for me now, and he stayed with him from then on.
Speaker 3: How about that? Yeah?
Speaker 7: How that?
Speaker 2: When when the Third Tub of America made the uh doctor Arno GIFs, Randy was right there, you know, cause yeah, of course that's right.
Speaker 3: And they introduced him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he said what they why did they put that? The doctor was Randy was by a coproam out of Maretha Franklin or something. They cracked the place up.
Speaker 13: That was funny, and Randy got a bigger claws and yeah he did.
Speaker 1: I wish he wouldn't take care of.
Speaker 2: He did. Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Did you know, Sam Ramsen?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't believe that.
Speaker 3: I worked for mister Arph Hancock. You never lose a handsome singer, randsome. Yeah, we worked for Arthur doctor. Yeah, forty years.
Speaker 7: Probably there's some good horsemen come out of Paris.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, some of the best in the world.
Speaker 13: Yeah, absolutely, You're absolutely right, because they was there's terrific places.
Speaker 3: For him to learn.
Speaker 2: What were those he told about the singing group up.
Speaker 1: And oh that was the funny.
Speaker 5: The Supremes, the Supreme he was training.
Speaker 13: Prey Jones used to hire everybody named Jones. Her was one of them, and some of his Jones didn't make it, but you know her herd Two things.
Speaker 1: Prairie was the lieutenant governor, so he took by land by sea and one that you know, because brairiy was you know, that's a hat trick. And the other thing was he took the morses up to Detroit or Chicago, I can't remember. Anyway, they had the Supreme Misteaks and the Supremes were there, and by god.
Speaker 5: He wanted to room.
Speaker 1: You know, he was gonna win that one, and he did and he said three days later it was over, and I was broken. We had a heck of a time.
Speaker 7: Urban the Supreme.
Speaker 1: It's funny he gave me, you know, he gave me old albums that he had of like old swing. What did he give me that one year nineteen thirty seven because I like that old music and he had a bunch of it. Oh, I don't know, the Mills Brothers, Inkspots, whoever it was at that time, and some really good women.
Speaker 5: I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I can't remember right now, but he gave them to me because he was, you know, he don't keep up any more. I've still got that sitting there, good music on there.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm behind here now. One Happy Mama won the Maimie Eisenhower Stakes at Perimeters on June twenty, her second straight win after shipping them from Churchill Downs. That win boosted her earnings to one hundred and ninety eight thousand. She's a typical run Happy classy sound, the type of runner that pays the bills. Run Happy is a proven Grade one sire is crack soun. New Telefello won the Grade one Hopeful States at Saratoga, then came back this year to win the one hundred thousand dollars Pelican States at Tampa Bay, and he also placed in the Grade one five hundred thound dollar Woody Stephens Stations at Saratoga. He's earned over three hundred and forty two thousand. Other solid six winners by Run Happy, including millionaire Smile Happy Winter with a pair of Grade two states at Churchill Downs and placed in three more graded states, including the Grade one Brook Grass at Keating. The following Sea we were one of the Great two Osburg Stakes at Belma, placing four Grade one stakes at four different tracks. Earned eight hundred and fifty five thousand Happy American one over seven hundred and twenty four thousand, Rockney over seven hundred and forty two thousand, Happy is a Tour over seven hundred and thirty five thousand, Kinectic Sky six hundred and fifteen thousand, Jeff for Cadence five hundred and seventy one thousand, Run Classic, three hundred and five hundred and thirty two thousand, Happy Sould five hundred and twenty nine thousand dollars and the less just keeps on going. Unhappy one on the Eclipse Ward Race Medication Free retired sound passing on his soundness for his progeny stands at Clavern Farm, and I don't think they shut down the breeding shed yet. He's a bargain seventy five hundred life fold called Jacob West eighty five nine ninety seven two three three oh and the website is Clavernfarm dot com Coast Clevern is over in Bourbon County home also the clay War Agency and Indian Creek Farm backtually they won in the same same people. Clave Ward Agency was founded back in nineteen thirty one, great year. That was my folld and date too which figure that out to get out of the calculator and figure out how old I am.
Speaker 3: Now I don't I can't do higher.
Speaker 2: Man well anyway anyway. But he was very successful even though he started his bentics right then the beginning of the depression and welcome. But you know if he gave you great service and his third knowledge of the third Adventus, that was the qualities that carried in and it carried on the same way of doing it is if you won't looking for some equine insurance, you need to give Shack Parish or Bruce AAACS. A call number is eight five nine, nine eighty seven, eighteen sixty twenty offices right y'all Main Street, eleven O two Main Street in Paris, Kentucky. And while they're asking about the services over Indian Creek, they've raised and boarded in so many of the world's finest thirdbreds down through the years of doing it right now, and if you want somebody to sell for your board of horses, you couldn't go to a better place than Indian Creek And that's shack Parish again. And the best way to get in touch with them is a website, which is Indian creekky dot com. That's two great organizations kind of one and the same, Indian Creek and the Clayward Agency in Paris, Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Now back to the Thoroughbred Training Center and ursua.
Speaker 2: Ellis alright e. I've got John Washington and mister old friends over here. Are you and Michael going to.
Speaker 9: We're going to go to.
Speaker 3: Our next trip is the Whitney Saratoga. We're going up. Those of you going, yeah, both of.
Speaker 6: Us, which is dangerous, uh, you know, but but for me, it's a tree.
Speaker 3: Uh Sean you should, you should. It's something to witness, is to just have Michael walk through the track or walk just.
Speaker 6: Walk on the streets of Saratoga and the number of people who just come up and and and say hello and and and the good.
Speaker 3: Thing is they all thank.
Speaker 6: Him for building old friends and founding it and uh, shining a light on the aftercare movement, and so it's a it's a it's a phenomenon. But the best thing is that we go up and we stay at the at the Washington End, which is the birthplace of Old Friends. The porch fueled by I think some beverages about twenty five years ago, was where Old Friends started. I suspect they were listening up there this morning, as they always do. So greetings to Joe Bochan and the entire Bocan family at Hanns Washington End, which is the finest establishment in Saratoga Springs, and I'm looking forward to being there. They got my room already and we're gonna be up there for a week because we got the Hall of Fame induction ceremony, and so we'll go up and visit everybody there. Arthur Hancock's going to that's right.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 7: So it's you know.
Speaker 6: It's a big year. It's a big year up every year for that, and then the Whitney and all the festivities surrounding that, and then the sales are that Monday, Monday and Tuesday night at the Phasing Tipton Pavilion up there, and so we'll we'll do all that. Then I think Missus Nicholson is going with me my six months now and what you know, the over and under was about three months and when you know, we said, if you bet on the over, we we've we've made it so far.
Speaker 2: She must be a scene.
Speaker 3: Well I will concede she is, Yes.
Speaker 6: She is.
Speaker 14: That you just pick up the st Yeah, that's well, that's on the list of things I need to improve upon. But we're gonna then we're gonna do something like go to Lake George or something while we're up there.
Speaker 6: Uh, I'll definitely visit. Michael and I both will visit Cabin Creek.
Speaker 3: You go to the springs you for for rejuvenation, Yeah, for you know, youthful.
Speaker 6: That's why I'm staying so youth youthful.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's that I used to do with the olk Corn Creek.
Speaker 6: The Fountain of You to.
Speaker 3: See what it did for me. Yeah, well, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: Had the little sad news from our our old friend's farm in New York at Cabin Creek commentator passed away yesterday. We were sad to hear that great New York bred horse and kind of the kind of the number one horse at our operation in New York. Joe Anne Pepper is our manager and leader of Cabin Creek and has been for many years. So she called and gave us the sad news. But you know, older horse hadn't been well. But what a great career commentator had and and a very happy retirement up there for a number of years. So they'll be having a I suspect when we're up there for the whitney, we'll have a memorial service for Commentator and get some of those connections up.
Speaker 3: There for that.
Speaker 1: That's good. How many horses they got up in that we had about twenty five? Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty five You know.
Speaker 6: Old friends, we have nearly three three hundred horses that we that we are that we take care of and providing retirement for on five different farms.
Speaker 3: So it's turned into an operation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's an operation there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's that hits to be a lot of work.
Speaker 2: Is the best time and facility for horses in.
Speaker 3: The world, in the world, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Well, great, great tribute to Michael and and and a lot of people who have been with Michael over the years. And and uh, we're we're carrying the flag and I'm going to carry.
Speaker 2: On how he put that together and made it work. I never know. He took a lot of changes along the way.
Speaker 6: Yeah he did. And a lot of people were were, uh kind of snickering, you know, but he We had lunch interestingly Ursul yesterday, Michael and I with Alfred Knuckles over in Midway and and I got them. I just enjoyed my u because I got them telling the story that the original Old Friends was on Alfred's on Hearstland, Uh until doubt, you know, it outgrew it. But they were telling some of the stories of those first that and I don't think they'd mind saying they didn't know what the hell they were doing.
Speaker 7: But they knew.
Speaker 3: They just wanted to take care of.
Speaker 6: These these old you know, these old guys and make sure that there was a happy outcome. And they you know, creator and some of these horses, and they they got a couple back from Japan, which was brand new idea at that time. And and uh, that was fun to listen to those guys tell their tell their stories.
Speaker 3: That family been around for Yeah.
Speaker 6: I knew the brothers and the father and the whole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I knew them. Yeah, he went to marry down there one time and Charles, you know, that would have been Alfred's uncle. Yeah, was running, you know, and I took it was a maiden Philly down there to breed and uh, breeding a horse him. I will about room and nobody remembers him to me. But it had to be cheap or I wouldn't have been I couldn't afford to bring to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, unt to appreciate.
Speaker 2: She was raised in Hell. Yeah, and you know maiden marrine so forth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and uh.
Speaker 2: Charles was h had a shank on one side and the other guy had a shank on the other side, and you know they were like that. Charles look over.
Speaker 3: And says, now, don't you pull me?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Uh. Anyway, Finally I said, wait a minute, I said something wrong here, slet'sten. Let's just forget it. Yeah, and let me take his marry And I took her home and jumped with the teaser again and everything, you know, and took her back two days later and she stood like an old ror. Oh God, I got runfold to.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: That is a great that is a great family. And Alfred was telling.
Speaker 6: The stories of how when he was what was it he when he was about ten or eleven years old, he worked on them on the farm.
Speaker 3: But he was working on the.
Speaker 6: The agriculture part of the farm for seven dollars and he went said said I want to work with the horses.
Speaker 3: I want to work with the yearlings.
Speaker 6: And they said, well all right, but but to pay for that's five dollars.
Speaker 3: So he said, I took a big pay cut to go work with.
Speaker 9: Them that I think.
Speaker 6: Ran the farm park you know, okay, yeah, yeah, and this farm in mid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he was. It was a great family. They did two championshipenters, you know, white guys and the Katheline.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were talking about the Catlin yesterday. Well, they were trying to figure out he was somehow in all the family business. They somebody forgot to tell where the Cathline was buried. And they're and they and they're not exactly sure where. They're all getting together trying to talk to talk it through to figure out where he's buried.
Speaker 3: And that that horse is going into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, and and uh Alfred is going up to to speak on behalf of that and so he will be with us, and uh.
Speaker 3: He was never beaten horse.
Speaker 2: Gild was carrying more weak than him and He had a funny way of moving because he had stepped on something.
Speaker 1: I remember that, and.
Speaker 2: You know, and when he would start out, it looked like, you know, he was sore.
Speaker 3: He wouldn't.
Speaker 2: So he had stepped on something and injured afoot and he paddled it. And ye, but he paddled in hurry.
Speaker 3: That was good to say. It all worked out in his favor.
Speaker 2: I got to catch up here, guys. Well, let's see breeding seasons winding down and the earing sales are right around the corner. There are four young Grade one winning sons of top sars with first cop earing to sail standing at Ashford stud Corniche, Epicenter, Golden Powell and Jack Christopher Corniche undefeated. The two win of the Grade one Breeders Cup Juvenel Grade one American phaedeh and of a million two hundred and sixty three thousand is by the leading side quality road while the road stands for one hundred and fifty thousand. His damn is wasted.
Speaker 3: Tiar.
Speaker 2: She won Grade two stations earned nine hundred and forty one thousand. Epicenter won station two. Was a champion three Old culture was here. He is by not this time. His Feast thirty five thousand and a Grade one winner and Grade one sor by the great Giants Causeway, who stood his entire career at Ashford. Study On Pale won Grade one States one Breeder's Cup Stakes at two and three one seven stakes. It earned a million eight hundred and twenty five thousand, and he's by the late great runner and Uncle Moe, who, like Johns Causeway, stood his entire curried ash Ford stead. Jack Christopher won the Grade one Champagne States was unbeaten. The two won the Grade one h Allen Jerkins and Grade one Woodie Stevens at in the Grade two Pat Day Mile at three was unbeaten around one turn. And he hearing to me in two hundred and sixteen thousand. He's signed by Munnings. His table made at ash Ford stood. Munnings annually ranks among the leading sires in North America. Munnings is right there again this year. His fee is sixty five thousand. Level wats for yearlings by first crop Sys Cornie, Epicenter, Golden Pale and Jack Christopher future leading says and for more on the stallions over at ash Ford stood called the Farm eight five nine eighty seven three seventy eighty eight and the website is coolmore dot com.
Speaker 1: Quilling Leather and Tack Quality Service leather Goods since nineteen eighty two. It's the nation's largest custom halter shop. Twenty thousand plus halters a year in their ship worldwide. Quilling dot Comparis, Kentucky local call eight five nine nine eight seven oh two one five, and.
Speaker 5: They don't have a paper catalog.
Speaker 1: You go online and go to quilling dot com because things change all the time. They have sales, they have nice sales, and now that the yearling sales are up, you gotta have all those gorgeous yearlings sale halters. They're beautiful, and you gotta have a lot of weanling and full halters. We drove path somewhere today. They had a.
Speaker 5: Whole field at yearlings in there.
Speaker 1: They've bo them over and now they've got weenlings coming out. So all those all those things, especially the ones that belong to the people that ship them in for you to take care of them, they need snazzy looking halters and snazzy looking things.
Speaker 5: That look like they've really been taken care of.
Speaker 1: And also, of course they have the regular UH key tags and passport covers and all this that kind of stuff. But right now is the time to get ready. And then what's the next batch of sales? Are there any horses and training sails in the fall? I can't remember, but anyway, we're loading them up right now with yearlings and then they'll be ween ling.
Speaker 2: I think the next one is the do Fasey Tip in Kentucky JUI sales.
Speaker 6: And then Saratoga, Yeah, and then Keeenland September.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, So all those things have to be decked out. So, like I said, quality service, leather goods, Quillent, q U I L L Iron dot com. In Paris, it's nine eight seven oh two one five.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna be here. But he is calling in and giving us four winners, so we're going to announce him four yeah, well, no, just three.
Speaker 1: Oh three four whatever.
Speaker 6: I was looking forward to what he was going to stay about the Stephen Foster Handicap.
Speaker 2: Well, first he picks first money to win it.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah?
Speaker 2: First the first mission is that right? Okay, I can't read the regress he's writing here.
Speaker 1: You just got that up swing?
Speaker 2: Well here it is right here. First, I said, first runner, Oh.
Speaker 1: Well you know she's gone to Churchill.
Speaker 3: That's what James gone. First mission number one.
Speaker 2: We we'll talk about that.
Speaker 3: Gonna go off that four and one.
Speaker 2: And you don't lose that. I'm going to have to use that the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I'm it's gonna write it down, put it out there. Oh yeah, just take a picture.
Speaker 3: I'll take a picture. Take a picture with your smart phone.
Speaker 6: There you go, Jackie, you are a tech wonder.
Speaker 1: Oh gee whiz, oh my godn't have an if anybody ever I got it, I will new left, I.
Speaker 6: Will get bet on Bristnet, and our troubles after today are over over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna let's come with my winnings, make.
Speaker 6: A big contribution to old friends, and we're on our way.
Speaker 5: There you go.
Speaker 1: Who else are you going?
Speaker 6: No, I'm not, I'm not. No, won't be going. I'll be watching them, but I.
Speaker 13: Won't be Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well you know, yeah, I got tours today, I won't be going. But tomorrow it's your birthday, miss Jackie.
Speaker 3: Right, tomorrow's your birthday. I'm not allowed to say that. How did you know that?
Speaker 1: You told him he's got it on his refrigerator at his house.
Speaker 7: Well if I would sing, I was sending you a happy birthday.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and that gorgeous sat from the gorgeous Cross what you call.
Speaker 2: It, jewelry store in Paris only the only jewelish, only.
Speaker 1: Jewel store in Paris on the right when you go in there, real nice people. His wife works at the bank, and before that, years ago, she was I had a she was manager of a store and all that kind of they're good local folks. They're really nice.
Speaker 8: Well, if such things a perfect couple, you are perfect.
Speaker 3: Huh, you are a perfect couple.
Speaker 7: A perfect couple.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, a couple of what.
Speaker 1: Had Simon wrong today?
Speaker 9: He's a romantic.
Speaker 5: Like yeah, of course, I don't know.
Speaker 2: We've been married now. But Jackie forty years.
Speaker 6: He got married on Derby Day and uh eighty three we were talking about who won the eighty three Derby.
Speaker 9: The thought it was dollars.
Speaker 3: I saw that I was off the year.
Speaker 1: No, it's that wasn't that I would have remembered that one.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 2: Sunny.
Speaker 9: I wasn't eighty three, what sunny Haylong was not eighty three.
Speaker 2: We got married that little church at uh who of church? Yeah, and it's survived it's still standing.
Speaker 3: Still standing that then it went through the Civil War, and you're all marriage.
Speaker 2: It did go through the Civil War. They had a big battle, right, I had a big battle right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, Tony Taylor.
Speaker 2: Did you say something?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I better right that the.
Speaker 2: Remember it's better than mine because mine, mine is worn out.
Speaker 1: Urso grew up in that church. It's a nice church on the corner.
Speaker 7: It's it's beautiful.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you a story. I mean, I was sitting in front roll with my mother and I was just five or six years old, and they had a stack of bbs, you know, I like a little two of those bb.
Speaker 3: Two of bbs.
Speaker 15: I had my thumb over, my thumb flipped off. Oh no, and my mother. I looked up at her and her face was as red as it in and any a beat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And any time we'd move, you'd hear a people you go pook and roll out.
Speaker 1: Bless her heart.
Speaker 5: That was something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm said there was with me.
Speaker 3: Well, at least she had she in church.
Speaker 9: That was probably a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that it I don't know if it took or not.
Speaker 16: Yeah, cause it spends you gotta do a spendthrift here and do the second. Uh, that's all right, I got I was gonna tell you one motel Easter egg hun up.
Speaker 2: Uh. A little buddy of mine, Jim.
Speaker 3: Hutchins, and both of us a.
Speaker 2: Little both about eight years old something like that, and they had an Easter egg hunt and we figured that there was a prize for the wind and five for the least. So I gave old mind to Jimmy and he got a lovely basket for the food and I got a yo yoga.
Speaker 3: So we fixed the Easter egg hunt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know the damn well they knew what was going on.
Speaker 3: In the church.
Speaker 1: Fix Easter egg hunt at church. At the church.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I was a chip off the old block.
Speaker 3: You gotta one way or another.
Speaker 2: You got a yeah, right right, Uh, we'll do this in a minute.
Speaker 1: Go driving russy crazy.
Speaker 5: Sitting there.
Speaker 3: The has the tourist been been?
Speaker 17: I know we had a terrible We had a terrible time with the rain in April. I uh, every every key weekend, little grass stakes, everything was poured and we had the same thing derby week. But since then, I know, with old friends the tours to pick back up, people are having a good time.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was tough in the beginning with all the raining stores, but it's picking up now good. So we're running hard and we're doing up to around our old friends good.
Speaker 3: Uh and that's.
Speaker 8: Going really good. And it's it really is picking up. No word in the beginning, but now it's it's going good.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 1: You go to Katie Rich.
Speaker 7: Right, my yeah, my best friend knows Katie Rich Larry dorm right.
Speaker 1: They had a steak swinner, a big six swingter not two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they they they've used a lot of nice horses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, George Braes, he's doing a good job out there.
Speaker 8: We got may A ready, she's running this uh New York next week a mistake and.
Speaker 3: He's found a lot of good horses and rains and all of good horses out there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got a couple of.
Speaker 3: Nice curling your remains, he's got unco males.
Speaker 5: He's who he loves her as good.
Speaker 2: I kind of keep up with him because uh, they're trying of uh mlle h. Mccaulloye feeds and you know, so whenever they have bred erase runner and mccaulley would run a commercial on him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well, stopped me. If I told you so, he likes to join him on the tours. Larry Door.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had twenty people in the farm one day.
Speaker 8: Dogs tell out loud, Sean, I know what the number one question all these folks ask you where is the bluegrass?
Speaker 7: I said, you way off the number more questions asked. All the women asked me, or you've seen.
Speaker 3: You're getting married? Disappointed a lot of women.
Speaker 2: I know, well there is bluegrass when that when that turns blue and that see just in the usually in June, first couple of weeks. And and if it's as a full field of bluegrass.
Speaker 3: You know, and I had I'm older than I think, and it's it's it.
Speaker 2: You can look out and I'm saying, if the wind's blowing or something, there'll be a blue tin from from the seeds in the bluegrass.
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah, and that right, So yes, sir, yeah, yeah, yeah, And that is a that is a question. I mean, here's a question yet.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: They back when I was a cock and I some I heard him. I used to do that crocker stand over there, and I remember there were some people there that UH were talking about. I don't see any bluegrass I've been. So I went down and picked up one little stem and I showed it to him. I said, here, what color is this? He says, well, it is blue.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I guess we better go on.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, thank you for coming. Can come back.
Speaker 3: It's always it's always fun.
Speaker 1: Now, what what's next? Like if anybody would want to just go out, you have any picnics or anything.
Speaker 6: Oh, we're having our volunteer We're gonna have a volunteer cookout on the ninth for for our volunteers.
Speaker 3: And uh, but no, just just come out.
Speaker 9: Just call and you know we'll get you on a tour with.
Speaker 3: With Michael or any one of our thirty volunteers.
Speaker 5: Okay, what what's your phone number for?
Speaker 7: Two A five nine two one three six six five.
Speaker 3: Three best tour certainly in the bluegrass, but one of the best tours you'll tour experiences you'll have anyway.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much. Let me say it again.
Speaker 1: Two one three six six six five three five three Okay, gotcha.
Speaker 7: And I want to tell you for all or just to be in here, what you are.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, you have been. We're we're delighted that you we come in here and talk to it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm allful lucky to be here.
Speaker 1: Well, we're off lucky to have you.
Speaker 3: Well, if you want to pay something, and what's your favorite kind of cake?
Speaker 7: And next time I come, I want to bring your birthday cake from Wallace Station.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 7: They make a brewery cake.
Speaker 3: That that brings up.
Speaker 5: That's wonderful.
Speaker 1: I didn't know, you know, mate.
Speaker 3: You didn't really ask. But if you if you want it on my favorite carrot cakes, all right, okay to tell you just put that but in on my birthdays some chocolate.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you too.
Speaker 3: Have always want to see you.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to see what I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'm supposed to do an inergery right now, but I should be doing it. You got to do a spendthrift center first, Okay. Through June, the nation's leading sigh in the midschief stands to spend Thrift Farm. He's side there earners of over fifteen million dollars and leads the second rank staying by more than five million, So he's well on his way to the leading the silist for seven consecutive year. Also in twenty twenty five, two of the nation's three first crop stars Rock Your World and the Yaupon Standard Spendthrift Upon incidentally has sided sixty nine two year olds to be offered a public auction, sixty of them sold and the average two hundred and sixteen thousand, two hundred dollars. The nation's leading second cop sire but Coma, and third rank second crops are Authentic Standard Spendthrift Farm and the leading third crop sis Omaha Beached Maximum Minister, Vino Russell and Motoli Standard Spendthrift. Spencer stands have pretty much dominated the silist in the past few seasons, and of course you are welcome to inspect the stallions all the Texas. A phone call the Britain said we'll be closing soon, but if you have a late folding, Mayor of Phillip right off the track called Days of Brian and Marker Dan miss late, but may it's not too late, and it's never too early to plan for twenty sixteen. The number is eighty five nine two nine four yearsual thirty and see the website at Spenserfarm dot com. And many thanks to all of you that patronize the Spensive Stallion this year. I'm way behind on my commercials.
Speaker 3: Sir, are Hill Parker.
Speaker 1: Let me talk about Hill, all right, Hill, the guy that said two parts. He's a respected, wonderful, real smart relative state agent, which means he knows the ownings and regulations and state this and that stuff. That was all the legal parts. And then interestingly, he's a horseman. He's a licensed sorts trainer in eleven states, years of experiences thoroughbreds. I don't think he's ever messed with standard breds. I've never seen him around, you know.
Speaker 5: But steeple chasers and fox.
Speaker 1: Centers and so on and so on. So what this means is, if you are looking for a horse farm, whether it's just has never had anything on it but cattle, or if it's finished wherever you are in the planning stages, he's probably got a farm that fits. He's hit a couple on the internet past couple of days. I mean, they are some beautiful pieces of property. So he knows the deal is. He knows what kind of questions they ask, what is the primary purpose?
Speaker 5: Why are you doing this?
Speaker 1: Stableing, breeding, training, all kind of stuff, So he knows the answers. Where you put buildings and oh gosh, roads and fences and everything. Believe me, this is the guy you need to talk to. He'll Parker all right, and the.
Speaker 2: Best way to get to talk to him is to call him. And hills number is uh is an eighty five nine number six zero eight eighty thirty nine, and he and his lovely bride Regan worked together pretty much. And but that's that's your number. Are uh? Go to His is a website which is Lexhorsefarms dot com, lex horse Farms dot com. Great people, great people. I recommend them highly.
Speaker 4: Now back to horsetails with ursa ellis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna do an Airdrey now now that we're back to horsetails, Okay, Hi, Betley, I bets them. But June twenty one and the Great three five hundred tiwn out of Ohio Derby was won by Moplex, a three year old hope from the first drop by Complexity Stands at Airdrestood. Moplex went into the Ohio Derby off a victory in one hundred and fifty thousand dollars Bay Shore Stakes at Aquador. He has also one of the Grade three Sanford at Saratoga, the two hundred found dollar Funny Side at Saratoga, placed in three other states, including the Grade one Champagne. He's run eight times one five, never been out of money, and he's earned seven hundred and forty five thousand. And let me point out that second to Moplex and the Grade three High Derby was Chunk of Gold, a coke bred by Burton C. Jones, founder of Aredrew Study, and that coach is out of amraa Cairol Prince Complexity stable made at airdri Study. Complexity as side seven stakes winners a dozen state sources in his first cop among them Black Foster, a Grade two winner in England, Cayley's Angel, winner to stakes at Oaklombe, another Turfway, Tough Cats, winner of stakes at the fair Grounds and second in stakes at Churchill in Kenan. Holly Grove was one stakes at Turfway and placed in three more stakes, including graded stakes. Complexity Jane is one stakes at law manson the Woodbine. Fourteen percent his runners have earned. Black Type Complexity won the Grade one Champagne and Champagne the Grade two Kilso was second in the Grade one four go all in New York. He was a runner. He signed runners from all the stand standing at air Restood just called Shannon A. Kyle at A five nine eight seven three seventy two seventy and the website is airdrestood dot com. Well, I've got something to say about Bloodstock Research Information Services. Daddy, bet Jackie, you might want to contribute to this. We hacked and we lost our computer and everything, and they came in. This nice lady over April April. She's got a shop over there, and she hears the bank, yeah, the fifth third bank, and they came in to fix fix our computer. She did, well, I had I have a account and had been there for a long time with Bloodstock Research, and I couldn't do a show without it, but I couldn't get in because I had lost my uh password. Well, she talked to them and explained what was going on, and they worked with her, and they said, set her up, uh, set me up with a new password and everything and everything. Once she got it going and the old brisk between them, they got me right back on, yeah, right back in business. And the next day I got a call from Bloodstock Research. It's everything going all right with you now, I'm that nice. We just thought we would check with you and make sure. Yeah, Now that's the kind of people they are over there, not only that they provide a great service. I mean I couldn't do the show without him, and that I wasn't going to be able to do the show without him as a matter of fact. But and they bend over backwards when they found out what was going on to help, yeah, and then checked up to make sure the next day, Yeah, to see if everything was okay. So these are the kind of people over Bloodstock Research Information Services, and James Scully is one of them.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it was really it was really tight because Ursul does his own commercials of course, and then I put them on the Internet, so they get sent out to the sponsors. And we were down to you know, when the internet, when the computer got fixed and the bank was fixed, and you got to be careful and tell all the people that you're in contact with what happened, because you don't want somebody like Breath to catch a virus you got, you know, So we took care of everybody, and so brisnow was as helpful as they could be.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And James's not gonna be here. He had to be at Churchill Downs today, I'll bet you. And it's a great big race that you know stakes races down there today. Well, he gave us he called in and he gave us his selections for three of them, including the big one, which is a great one Stephen Foster, and he likes number one in there, a horse named First Mission, and then he is the American Derby that they're running, and he like the First Mission, by the way, is four to one. He likes Freedom's not free. He's seven to two in the tapping stakes. Uh, he likes love you anyway and he's five to one. So those are his selections for the day from Bloodstock Research. So I would pay attention to him if I were you, because he's one of the best in the best handicappers we've ever run across.
Speaker 1: And when URSU was on the phone with Bristnet, we should tell James High. Yeah, you know, it's family atmosphere. Yeah, what it is, that's why it's excellent. And that's theft man. You click in a mayor's name and a year in boom, you got that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what you want your little pedigree or the reason.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a great organization, the great people, and you know they took good care of us. When we were in trouble, so I can't ask for any more than that, right, exactly, super ALRIGHTY, I guess we'll move right along. And what are we going to do now? I guess we can look at some of the a couple of it's listen at a couple of SAX races, Uh, Stephen Foster. Grade one is is didn't go off for six o three down at Churchill Down today. But that's I believe that's only grade one there. Uh, And I'm really interested in Mystic Dan. Of course he won his first star back. Of course he was last year the derby winner. He was by Golden Fans. Stanza which spend thrifum. Number one is first mission.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Street Sense number two is mind framed by Constitution, and he's one of my favorite horses. Here keep it along, stopping, Skip you along. Stocking is number three, Sierra Leone is number four, he's probably the likely favorite, and the Mystic Dan is number five. And uh hit show is Kenny Ride and Ashcarff on their side is my money stands over to ashword stood and let's see of course Kenny Kenny McPeak trains Mystic Dans and in the next the next race. Well it's not the next race, it's the seventh race. It's the floor, it's the phase eclipped and flew to Lee. It's a Grade two five hundred thousand dollars for Phileas Fourios Enough going to Island and eight and Royal Spas in her by violence saved time in the mister Torpedo. Anna is in there and she is uh last year's horse of the Year. Ran out of the money in her last start. She is also trained by Kenny McPeak and Kenny blamed himself for that, so we'll see what he's done anyway. Jen Jin is number four and on the outside of five is five by Collected who stands over at Eredri stud So that was the fluid de Lee and the Stephen Foster got to watch him, that's for sure. But one happy mama one that maybe Eisenhower Stakes at Prairie Manners on June twenty. That was a second straight win after shipping in from Churchill downs that win up turn earning still nearly two hundred thousand. She's a typical run happy, she's classing. She's sam type of runner that pays the bills. Run Happy is a proven Grade one Sir. His crack son Nutella Fella, won a Grade one hopeful at Saratoga then as a two year old, then came back this year to win one hundred down douar of Pelican Stakes at Tampa Bay. He's also placed in the Grade one Woody Stevens a five hundred third out of pot at saratogam and he's earned over three hundred and forty two thousand. Other states winners by Run Happy include the likes of Millionaire Smile Happy When of a pair of Grade two states at Churchill placed in three more graded stations, including the Grade one Bluegrass right out here at Keenlan. Then there's following c one of the Grade two Oasburg at Belmont, placed in four Grade one stations four different tracks. These earned over eight hundred and fifty five thousand, And then there's Happy American he won seven hundred and twenty four thousand, and Rockney over seven hundred and forty two thousand. Happy as a Choice is one over seven hundred and thirty five thousand, Kinetic Sky over six hundred and fifteen thousand, Joory for Cadence over five hundred and seventy one thousand. Run Classic over five hundred and thirty two thousand, Happy Soul is one over five hundred and twenty nine thousand dollars. That list just keeps on going on, but you get the message. Run Happy of course one an Eclipse Award raced medication, pre retired sound and he's passing on his class and his soundness to his PRODUCTY stands over LBN Farm. I don't think they've shut down the breeding should yet. And he's a bargain. He is a bargain at seventy five hundred laffold called Jacobs at eighty five nine ninety seven two three three oh and the website is clevelandfarm dot com. Jackie want to see exceptly.
Speaker 1: Oh popew Insurance Company great people. When we moved to Bourbon County, god knows how long ago, we hunted around and our friends of alt said.
Speaker 5: Hope, well, it's the police to go for insurance.
Speaker 1: So we did and we've been really happy ever since. What they are is kind of a dual function agency. They're not an agency tied to a big, super duper worldwide insurance company. So what you get is what they do is they don't work for an insurance company. So what they did they use a carefully selected group of financially sound, reputable companies so they can offer the best coverage at the best price. So then you can pick and choose what you want. And because the way they handle it, they can offer you a no cost, no obligation review and comparison of your insurance. So there you are. Now that's half of it. The other half of it is they're always there. They're always available, and you don't have to push buttons when you call somebody answers said and says Hope Well. And you can say is Heed there or somebody there and so on, and you know you get taken care of it. It's not something crazy. So give them a call. It is two three four seven, or stop by the offices. They're on Main Street and Parish camp Mill sit there on the right. It's the eight twenty Main Street and there's parking in the back. Now, let me tell you they're really nice people. They're they're when you need them, and they do a great job. So what more can you ask for. Let's give them a call. Like I said, nine eighty seven, two three four seven, Hope Well Insurance Agencies.
Speaker 5: They'll do a good job for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, what we're do now, take care of our good friends. Over to Kentucky third Bad Owners and Breeders Association KTA chaunty Mars. Look at Kentucky Great Winterows of Stakes last week. Of course the big one, Uh, there was just a great three, but that was the one everybody would pay attention to him was a green three five hundred thousand dollars. Oh how Derby and Moplex one that he's about complexity stands over to erdri stud and he was read by Everything's cricket racing. Everything cricket racing by move by complexity. The Grade two Chicago Stakes at Tertio Downs. What right got Brian? Oh okay, Brian, how are you this morning?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 12: Sorry, I hadn't been able to make it past couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: How are you well? We're still alive. Nothing gor and D has happened uh over the last two each other than we've been complaining to everybody else. Might a little complain to you. We got hacked, but uh and lost our computer service and everything else there for about those four days.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, I always stay output, you know. Yeah, somebody steals my identity. They got to keep it. I'm not going to take it back.
Speaker 2: Well, Jackie knew about it first because they had broken into her credit card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they charged, oh tried to charge up nine thousand seven dollars. Now that's nutty any place. So we got that fixed in about ten minutes.
Speaker 12: Yeah, you know unless the Philadelphia Amazon truck with.
Speaker 1: That absolutely well ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyway we got out of it. The young lady there that in Paris who had some job aprils their names right there closest she have charge of the bank. Yeah, and anyway she's she to get out and got it. Everything where out with the internet. But I think four days or something like that too. But anyway, I'll stopped complaining about it and people hanging up phones all over everything. So what's going on down on your way? How is your colt up here?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 12: He's in Midway? Yes, he's I went to.
Speaker 18: I had to make a really quick trip to Kentucky. I wasn't able to come by and stay long enough to go on the show. But I was at a conference that was in Louisville and went there, and so I went by. He's the Midway pretty close down there to the college, and I didn't.
Speaker 12: Recognize him when they brought him out. He's been there two weeks, but he's been turned out with let's see three, three or four other colts. Can't remember, and so he was old, kind of sit looking, and I guess he's been running with them when he's grown. So at first I didn't recognize him when they brought him out to me. So he's done really well.
Speaker 2: Oh good, that's good. That's great. Yeah, well, I hope he does really well when you go to racing.
Speaker 12: I kind of thank you for the he it's really helped him.
Speaker 10: I said, grass down here just isn't anything like Kentucky grass. And I think being with other you know, babies to run around and play and all that really.
Speaker 12: Helps him too. I mean, you got the little many here missed him for about a week, but then he buddied up with the other many horse. But I'm sure he's not getting the run of any big pastures you know Here're gonna get the redds. I maybe have eight a eight acres I guess back there. But you know, just getting to be in a big field with a bunch of babies, it's so good for him, you know, for exercise and legs.
Speaker 7: And all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's great going on.
Speaker 12: Well confidence I went to UH and we've got here at Mississippi State. A lady made a huge donation to start a Lamanita center, So they're gonna higher you know, some pretty big time people to come here and help us try to figure that a way to beat Lamanita. Of course we've been working that for a long time. But from that conference I went to and talking to these people, one of the things that's really amazed me is how far we've come and understanding genetics of horses, you know, and Thoroughbreds we don't have well really, I can't think of any I don't guess necessarily out of those general diseases like you do a quarter horses, because I think we're quarter horses get into trouble, you know, even though people criticize the thoroughbreds that were too inbred, although you know, the study that they did a UK there showed that really we're not as inbred as we thought we were. You know, even when they went back and a lot of old friends horses were in that study because I helped breed them, I think they looked I believe it's twenty years different, remember that, right. They looked the count of and say modern third breads, and they went back and looked at older thoroughbreds and they showed that really there wasn't any difference in inbreeding between the two. But what happens to these quarter horses and understanding this more now that I've been down here. And doctor Benning who came up one time and was on the show, she really active in the quarter Horse Association, so she knows all this stuff. But you know, with quarter horses, because you might have a stay in, say it's a big raining stay in and he got another study in that's a big cutting stay, any another's stay and it's a big show's stay in the haunter stay, and you know they will tend to breed to those horses pretty tightly. And then with AI and they're breeding a lot. And then you know, we had marriage come in here that they're getting you know, I think they're going to get two embryos a year out of them.
Speaker 2: I think that's the max.
Speaker 12: We got these mares that they're getting embryos out of and even freezing, so you know, they're they're much more tightly bread than quarter horses are or sorry, quarter horses, not more derbis, but they're they're able to take d N a now and one of the things they do I thought was just this was just hugely interesting to me, is to help them figure out like what type of genes might be in horses, is they'll take mules and you know, breed them to you know, get the horse DNA. They're able to determine when they take DNA and a mule and know which part of the DNA comes from a horse, which part came from the donkey, and then go back and look at that DNA and pick out what genes come from the horse. Like if they're trying to look for some disease or something, they can go pick out those those genes and then compare that unaffected horse to affected horses doing the magic they do. And a lot of this stuff's down to the University of Kentucky and go in there and pick out which genes are like they might be causing the disease. I mean, to me, that was just completely fascinating and how far they've come and diagnose these genetic diseases because you always tell students with that hyper kalymic periodic paralysis that corner horses get. And what happens is they have a Humans can have this gene too, but you could have a gene that makes your muscles leaky too potasium. And when that happens, your muscles don't work right, They don't conduct the electrical impulse from the nerve right, and so you get muscles shaken and weakness, and it could even be fatal. And I remember when I was I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Did you hear me?
Speaker 12: I know, so I didn't.
Speaker 2: Sounds like what I've got.
Speaker 12: Well, well you know what the h ipp But you know when I was a student and there isn't even there wasn't any genetic test, and so what you had to do was pass the tube, give that horse a bunch of potassium and see if they've had have an episode. And you had to have calcium and all this stuff sitting there on the stall or have an ivy in them because you know, you could kill them with the test. And now you can run that test off off of hair. So that's how far we've come with genetics. And so a lot of that work was you know, it was done at UK when I was a a young rep student. I used to work over there with Dr Bailey and Doctor Tremicky in that old animal pathology building in the animal genetics lab back in the day where we would blood type horses for parentage. And of course everybody knows now you pluck hair if they can just find the DNA. So we have come a tremendously long way in genetic diseases, and luckily in thoroughbreds we don't have near you know, not even one percent of the problems you can run into and some of these other breeds, especially quarter horses.
Speaker 2: All right, my friend, we're going to have to run along. Is it cooled off? And he haet down there yet? It's still hot on hill up here.
Speaker 12: It was amazingly hot. To thank you for early. I think we've been about ninety four and I guess about where we've parked. Don't have terrible humidity though, so unfortunately I get the most gas today, so it's been well toasted. We could probably use a touch of rein too, Yeah, we were too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, well, well listen, thanks for coming on the show again and talking to us, and we'll too.
Speaker 12: We'll see you next week, all right, see you next week.
Speaker 2: Bye bye. Well, time is running out on there in the breeding season. But I waited that if you have a late folding mayor or filly right off the tracks to it, Fitzgibbons will hold the door open for you and make you a deal. It would be hard to refuse. And they have a great selection of stallings to choose from Darby Dan. Take note that the first two year olds by Modernists are coming out running one just one of thirty three thousand dollars Maiden specially lone star one by nine lengths and time just two fitsts of a second off the track record. He sold for one hundred and ninety thousand dollars at the Old BES Smart Sale, and just the other day another one sold for three hundred thousand dollars at the Old BS June Tale Mardyn. This is the Graded six winner by Uncle Oe and his fee is just five thousand dollars lift fold. Then they're they're proven cyrus over at Darby Dan, like dialed In and Flame Away and Tail of Acti. And then there's the young Grade one winner's blazing sevens. He's a boy the top side of good magic Gupho. A win of Grade one stakes are three four and five. He earned over a million two hundred and seventy six thousand, and he's by war Front's Declination of war, declaration of war. It's had Grade one winners in four different countries. Then there's Sheriff's Fight win of a million, four hundred and ninety seven thousand. He's by Breeders Cup winner in Syah Cyrus's Fight's time, and he's out of a Grade one winner and Breeders' Cup champion named perfect Sheryl. She went over me in three hundred and ninety thousand dollars. Now that's a pedigree call Stuart eight five nine two five four four two four and he will hold the breed and said door open for you if you hurry and check the webs sit arbiden dot com. Well you can add three more names to the list of stakes. One by horses raised on products from Macauley Feeds. On June twenty one, one out of Birch Cat Stakes at Laura was won by When I Get to Heaven, bred by Maryland customer R. Larry Johnson and raised on his legacy farm. When I Get to Heaven has won the Birch Cat Stakes two years in a row and he's earned three hundred and eighty six thousand, eight hundred and eighty dollars. Placing another stakes over at Law then the next day at Belmont the Big at Belmont at the Big A I should save. The one hundred and twenty five found out of Wilton stakes was won by Saraffine, a three old phillybred by stone Haven Steadings. The Hilton was the first start in stakes for Sweet Seraphine. She was the nine hundred found out the Greater of the King in September sales. In three starts, he's got two wins. In the third she's earned over one hundred and forty four thousand and On six twenty four, the Golden Boys Stakes at anna asen A Boy downs went to Medicine Boy raised on Windstar Farm to learn more about the products with McCauley feees just called doctor Johns lou Or Emmy Parker and Jenny Morris eight five, nine eighty seven thirty thirty three thirty three. Be sure to ask about the free services that you're available there. Triple Ground winners, Breeders Cup Champions, winners of major stakes here and abroad have been raised on products for mccaulley's the first feed meal in the nation to produce products exclusively for the horse, a practice continued to this day. That's why we say at mccaully's fees, it's all about the horse.
Speaker 4: Now back to the Thoroughbred Training Center and ursul ellis all right.
Speaker 2: Let me get back to these Kentucky bread Steaks winners here and I left off of before I gave you this. In the Grade two Chicago Stakes at Churchill Downs went to Valfa by gun Runner Bread by Woodford Thoroughbreds. The Grade three penn Mile Yesterday four hundred thousand dollars race dream On One that but Not this Time bread by Aeron and Marie Jones. A hundred thousand dollars Birch Cat Stakes at Law was won by When I Get to Heaven by Street Magician read by R. Larry Johnson in Maryland Legacy Farm. One hundred and twenty five thousand dollars Wilton Steaks at Belmont went to Sweet Seraphine by Quality of Road bred by stone Haven's Steadings. The two hundred and fifty thousand dollars Lady Jacqueline Steaks GoldenEye Magic One that at three to or Oero by Muto Macho Man bread by Lakeland Farms. The On Friday, the Maymie Eisenhower Stakes ats went to one Happy Mama by Runhappy uh Bred by uh Ken Ken White. I didn't know. Maybe it was some hour the only time that nobody listened. Stakes at Horseshoe in the Air. I went to uh Tigo by Jimmy Creed who stands over and spend three farm very useful side to they some bread by Dean and Greg Bear. And let's see that's I think it might be one more. Yeah, no, but that's that's that's it.
Speaker 3: That's so so uh what we can do now?
Speaker 2: I look at some more steaks? So its her talk about something else. I would talk about something. Look at there's not very many graded steaks today. I think the ones we gave you at Churchill down well, the Kelly's Landing Stakes, we didn't talk about that. It's up at Churchill. It's got a feel of seven. Doctor Vetlin's got the rail, he's a go stapper, three techniques. It's number two. This race is a Grade three two hundred fifty seven for three and up one six and a half furlough uh Booth very This hour's got to be the favorite. He's a very useful kind of a horse. He's by He's from the first cop by Matuli stands over Spencefrey Fark rule on Big Joe's number four. By perspective, number five is out of the conquer, but street Sense number six is happy as a choice by Run Happy, Run Happy stands at Clayburn Farmer Course. Red flag is number seven by time of course, and on the outside is Dorante Doante. By the story's humor. Let's see what else they're run in graded stakes. They're running a couple of three of them up at the Up in Woodbine. They're running four stakes at at lone Star and four stakes at Laurel Today, all kinds of states races. Let's look at the American Derby because I wanna talk about some past American Derby winners. And of course that race used to be running Darlington Park, and but it's run now at Churchill Downs. It's the twelfth race today, goes off at six thirty two, putting their mid time miland the sixteenth on the turf two hundred and fifty thousand dollars for three rules. The old American Derby up there was it was uh not on the turf. It was first run way back in eighteen eighty one. I told you how old that was. Philly named Modesty wanted one of the first American Derby. He knows she won in eighty four, but she was a full of eighty one. So she also won the Kentucky Oaks and she won a stakes race called Sequel Steaks. I don't think the run that anymore. That was the Saratoga as a four she won ten out of her fifteen starts. She was by war dancer out of ballet, and she turned out to be the Granddame of Regret. Was one in nineteen fifteen Kentucky Derby. Regret. Yeah, she Regret never produced any Steaks winners, but she was the dam of three mayors daughters that did produce them, including ruefel by Saint Germains. She was the dame of a real nice steakes winner named first Fiddle Gray Horse up and raced up in the night eighteen forty. Is one of the best horses, best horses of in training going long so anyway, Regret was the first settle was was by Saint Germans. It was also the name of twenty Grand and Assault of twenty Grand won the derby in nineteen thirty one. Yeah, that was the That was the year that the last year that the Prequeus was run before the derby, and a horse named Mate when that he went third in the derby the Derby. Twenty Grand had a new track record beat sweep all the race for Dixana and made ran third the Prequeus winter In third in it. Anyway, Let's see what else we've got here. Tapping steaks. Let's see we're in an American derby. Let's see it's number one is about Finny stands over spencerf Farm. Number two is Flying Mohawk. Reagan's Wit is number one, Tis Tactic is. Number three is by Tis the Law stands over at Ashford start in Siesta Keys. Number four by in the Mischief at Spencrift read by Godolphin. Minot Station is number five. Christen a Tourists is jocularly that one. Number six is Native Runner by Leo Van. Number seven is Suli Volant, and let's see number eight is Freedom's not Free Omaha Beach a very good sire young sire over at Spendthrift Farm and see who else is in at number nine is a Geo Koso, but not this time, and and Jigatta is number ten. That's the American Derby goes today by midshipman. Let's say they're running the tapping station. Let me let me do a Spensery farm, get to kind of catch up on my commercials, and we do spendthrift and a Sally Van. But through June, the nation's leading Shire in the Mischief stands at Spencer Farm. He decided the earners over fifteen million dollars and leads his second rank stay And by more than five million dollars. So he's well on his way to leading the South East again this year. And if he does, it'll be seven years in a row that he had. Also in twenty twenty five, two of the nation's three first crop sires, Rock Your World and Yapen stand at Spencery Farm. They often has signed sixty nine tuos that offered republic auction. This year sixty of them sold and they averaged two hundred and sixteen zero two hundred dollars. People like them. Then nations leading second crop sire the Cooma and third crop sire Second crop Sar authentic. They both stand at Spencer Farm and they're leading third crop sires Omaha Beach, Maxim, Missis, Vino Russo and Matoli. They all stand at spencerf Farm. The Spencer status have pretty much dominated the silist the past few seasons, and of course you're always welcome to inspect the stallions at Spencery. For all it takes is a phone call. Britain said, we'll be closing soon. Well, if you have a late folding Mare or Philly right off the track, give a call to Dais of Brian or Mark or Daniel if it's not too late, and it's never too early to plan for twenty twenty six anyway, the number to call is eight five nine, two nine, four years zero thirty. See the website at Spenceryfarm dot com and many many thanks to all of you who patronize a Spencer stay and this year. Alrighty Jackie, you want to do something for.
Speaker 1: Since I got hacked. Sometimes my phone acts funny notha funny anyway, Over to Sally Van's service in business for.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, sixty plus years.
Speaker 1: During that time, many of the greatest runners ever to step on a racetrack have been entrusted to their care. For instance, Justify. I've seen a picture of Justify getting up with Sally Van. I looked like Churchill, but I don't know anyway they've Sally Van people have learned a lot along the way. Obviously, their vehicles and equipment are in tiptop shape. They have a really great garage out there. It's grape big and they fix all that good stuff. But they'll tell you the single most important safety factor is the ability and experience of the guy behind the wheel. They're very proud of their drivers at Sally Van Service. They're experienced drivers and experienced horsemen, and that's a winning combination. So think about that the next time you ship your horse across county across county country. Excuse me, but it's good enough to Justify.
Speaker 5: It's good enough for going to riverdown.
Speaker 1: When you load your horse into a sally Van, you can depend on the fact person behind.
Speaker 5: The wheels one of the best in the business.
Speaker 1: Folks that Sally horse fans wouldn't have it any other way. And that's why from more than half a century Sally Van two five to five nine four oh six safest way to the Winner's.
Speaker 19: Circle w w TFA M Georgetown Lex WTF Little Everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting.
Speaker 4: Now back to Horsetams with Ursua Ellis.
Speaker 2: All right, they've been some really great horses win American Derby. Of course it's been around long enough, you know, like I say, modesty won't. Yeah, but it's been down to the years, horses like American Derby winners to row. I don't know if you remember Toro. He was a full of he wented nineteen twenty eight. He was the of a nice mayor that Dick Sianna had named Miss Touro, and she was the damn of two really nice steaks wunners. Throco, who I've got a picture. Soroco went in the Arlington Classic, Yeah, beating Bimeleck by eight links, and we've got that picture at home jacket. And then a full sister to Sorocco was a Philly named four Winds four wins, was a by sweep all out of Miss Total and uh she was a bleeder, but she won like five out of her seven starts. They named the stakes for up in Chicago. I don't know if they still I don't think they run it now. But they did there for a long time, beautiful era I remember very well then. Of course, the mate won it in nineteen thirty one. It was American Derby U Vocade, the one at back in the early thirties. World Away won in nineteen forty one. Of course he was a triple crown winner. And then another triple cran went to the blog who came up the citation won at nineteen forty eight. Native Dancer wanted nineteen fifty what I believe it in nineteen fifty three, the Great Swaps one of the best horses I ever saw race one at nineteen fifty five. He was a terrific, terrific horse. I saw him set a world record at Hollywood Park and he was he was on going late about third and it hit the three agh pole and he went about. It looked like the rest of them to stop. And after the race, John Longan, who was on a horse, went or rather distance second and says, that's son of a gun went by his mouth wide open. They should never run in that match race with Nagua. By the way, he was, yeah, he had that barefoot that they'd stayed up all night, and the people up there talked him into running. They would try to scratch him and said, oh you can't do that. Look at this crowd out here.
Speaker 1: Sick I remember that, Yeah, themselves in a hole.
Speaker 2: And anyway.
Speaker 3: But that's the way it goes. Well.
Speaker 2: Round Table won in nineteen fifty seven. He was that fame, same great crop of gall a man and brown table. It was in nineteen fifty seven. General Duke iron Lee I saw, I saw, I saw him run in the nineteen fifty seven May sixth rast Florida dervery down at Spencery, Flarmoa.
Speaker 3: Too.
Speaker 2: Well, let's see if buck Passon wanted in nineteen sixty six and the next year Damascus wanted in nineteen sixty seven. So I made a mistake of a bunch of pedigrees on this thing, on this things. What well, I made the mistake of punching a pedigree on black helen, and it printed out eight pages of pedigree, good Greek. She was out of black. She was about black Tony out of one of the all time great producers named latro Ed.
Speaker 1: Of course she's a road now, she's a road. Troin's right up here.
Speaker 2: Oh really, yeah, she was a follow in. Troin was a fellow in nineteen twenty six years. She's a road up there. She was about to Teddy why who Teddy t E D D Why who was also important?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In Latroian was the Dame of Bimelech and Black Hellen and BN Mack and Big Hurry. Big Hurry was the name of Bridal Flower and searching. I mean this, this is crazy. But uh, others thanlet's see Burgo King b Fearless, great Captain, the Admiral they were, they were all out of Latro and others in that family of the King of the Castle. Let's see. I'm just on page page three, straight deal, great race Mary, it's a smoothie marking time, relaxing biologists, Hall of Fame, Hall of Famers. But shut out who stood right up the road here at what was then Reform Hall of Fame And I just mentioned him. Francis as By Royal Charger Piper's son. These are all from the same family. Malicious he was. He went to stud over at the old Arby Dan Let's see out door Johnny and Straphanger Bowld Conquest, the great one of the all time great race Mayorage buscher By War Admiral Champion two Old Philly Champion, handicapped Mayor Champion three Old Philly fifteen wins, and she was the dam of jet action was by jet pilot. Busher was and of course Jaid Pilot won won the Derby nineteen forty seven. That was the first derby I ever attended. He beat He beat FEYLANX and faultless by nose in the muddy track led all the way belonged to miss ABACAMBI let's see what else harmonizing batter up poker round table. He stood over the sad station over there property that's now owned by Kennymick Peak. He was a nut. You go, yeah, poker was you go over there? And uh I knew that, Yeah, you go over there. You didn't. You didn't know if they'd be able to catch him or not.
Speaker 1: And he's the one that somebody backed up to the fence, had a picture taken and he came over and balked him on the head. I don't know somebody did that at the time, I whoop hurt. But he was a nun. He was.
Speaker 2: He was a nut.
Speaker 5: That's how I heard the story.
Speaker 2: I guess certified and.
Speaker 1: Not Sister Mary what's her name?
Speaker 2: Got it I tell you who else was the great race mayor b Sander, daughter of war admiral, And.
Speaker 1: Does she ever have anything?
Speaker 2: Who's that?
Speaker 5: Daughter of war admiral?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see, I don't know. Yeah, she was the name of a pretty good horse. Dame is a pretty good horse named buck Passer.
Speaker 1: I don't do her, Okay, I'm glad I.
Speaker 3: Asked that question.
Speaker 2: Good lord she she didn't ask those kinds of things.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I like to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but why not. It's from that time. She was a champion too. Anyway, it cost me half my paper I had in my computer. Yeah, I had to check and make sure that I reloaded anyway. Way out here at the training center, great place to train your horses, yep, a lot of nice people, a lot of nice people. Safe tracks, great tracks, yeah, grass gallops, you name it. Didn't bring a yearly that here and get him, get him going right away. They got the one mile track and got the five as mile tracking. They got a starting gage. You get your horses, Okay, great little handy crew down there. Got official clocker out there, a whole lot better than the old clocker. It used to be me. I don't know if he was cocking when I'm I forget who filled in for me, but it might have been Steve Casey.
Speaker 7: Huh uh.
Speaker 2: Steve used to train, did very good training. Yeah, and usually official Crocker right now. Uh, they got a grass gallop backer that they take real good care of. Well, the faciland is here so good, you know, quiet atmosphere. Stall rents vent very very reasonable and if you call them up, I wish you should. If you're looking for stalls, especially if you just got to two or three stalls horses that you want stalls for, give him a call at eighty five nine two three eighteen fifty three and ask him if they guy thing available that they don't. I would recommend that you get off your pony and walk around from barn to barn and see if somebody's got some stalls they want to sell belief because.
Speaker 1: Oh, we were going to say a few words about deep Wayne Lucas hoping he's struggling along. Okay, you know, I hate to see it. It's sad.
Speaker 2: I hate to see him stop. I have yet to figure out what he has.
Speaker 1: Mercy blood.
Speaker 2: I was diagnosed with that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had something on your foot that the doctor said could have led to.
Speaker 12: You on what you call.
Speaker 1: My great aunt had it and my great uncle said, what'd she die? He said, oh, she was a scratch on her finger. But they didn't I think he knows that that was a long time ago. They didn't know what they were looking at. So anyway, love send or loved.
Speaker 5: To see Wayne.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just too bad. Yeah, you must have it pretty bad because he's just it'll.
Speaker 1: Be really bad. But if you've got anything else, it's really really super bad that you know.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in the hospital down at the Little One.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's going to hospice where he lives.
Speaker 2: I wonder if doctor Cofa knows that he's in there. I'm sure he does.
Speaker 1: You know it's because you called up and told him.
Speaker 2: Well, he I just left it on his ancient church. He knew how.
Speaker 9: I didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: I thought she'd actually talked to him. Okay, no, but yeah, he and wig friend.
Speaker 2: Well they share a birthday, although Bob's out over. Yeah, I worry about Bob. I don't want I don't want to be the oldest guy around here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the truth.
Speaker 2: I pray for Bob every night. I says, got to take care of him.
Speaker 5: He gets the paper to see who he's outlived.
Speaker 2: Again, which is most everybody I know. He's the only guy I know that's older than me, so that's true. Yeah, Bob's gonna be ninety nine next birthday. Okay, well it's time to sign off on that act a little yeah, a piece of boring information.
Speaker 3: So birthday jacket, Yeah, happy birthday.
Speaker 5: Hey, how was your vacation?
Speaker 2: Awesome?
Speaker 1: Yeah you look good. You look ten and.
Speaker 3: I need to be back on the water here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, alright, we talked to you all next week. Happy p