Speaker 1: All right, welcome to Local AG. I'm your host, Melody Divers, a member of the Bedford County Economic Development Agricultural Advisory Board. Our Local AGG post aims to bridge the agworld with a non egg world and strengthen community connections. So we're recovering from February's disrespectful weather. So this is actually our February podcast, even though it's March. So anyway, we have to do some rescheduling, but we're here and we're really excited. This is our I believe our seventh podcast, wouldy, I think, I think we're still under ten, but we're getting there, so I think this is our seventh podcast, and today we are highlighting all things FFA and we have a good group of folks here, so to just jump right in, we have miss Tomlinson here with a group of students from Liberty High School. Do you want to go ahead and introduce yourself and tell us a little bit about what you do? Miss t Sure?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I am Lindsay Tomlinson. I've been teaching at Liberty High School in Bedford for about eighteen years, been teaching for about twenty years total agriculture in Virginia. Currently, I teach things like horticulture, greenhouse production, veterinary science, super fun stuff. But I've taught everything from the shop classes at Liberty to all the different animal science classes and all the basic AG classes everything in between. At Liberty High School, we also have a middle school program where they serve kids ages six I'm sorry, grades six through eight, and they have great agroscience program there in an FFA as well. And at the high school we have three advisors, three ag teachers, and we stay really busy with our FFA program.
Speaker 1: Wow that I'm exhausted listening. I know, last night at the AGG board meeting, you were saying all the things that were coming up on your calendar, and I was like, oh my gosh, I'm so I'm so grateful that the students have someone like you advocating for them. And now can you help me with this question. How many current FFAs are there in this county?
Speaker 2: In this county, we have three high school chapters. We have Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy. We have Smith Mountain which is actually stand River High School, and then we have Liberty. And then we have two awesome middle school chapters. We have Liberty Middle FFA and we have Stanton River Middle that's excellent.
Speaker 1: And what do you see about the the interest level from year.
Speaker 2: To year, So you know, it's kind of funny, you don't really see it change very much. You would think that with all the different things that kids could be involved in nowadays, that maybe those who are attracted to agriculture might not stay steady or might not grow, but that's that's not the case. Kids find so much value in the AD classes because it prepares them for all kinds of careers. We have kids that you know, stay in the agriculture industry, but also there's kids that find a lot of value in the leadership and the citizenship portions of ag ED and f f A, as well as just the basic sciences that takes them all kinds of places. So I think we've been really fortunate to see, you know, real steady numbers of kids each year, and Liberty Liberty High School has a tremendous amount of awesome offerings from their theater department and band and other career and technical classes. So you know, having to share the number of kids we have is and has always been a challenge, but we've been able to hold steady and if not grow from year tier.
Speaker 1: That's so amazing because what she said was there's other things you maybe with the trends in how life is now that you would think that it might be something from the wayside that they would just not be interested in. So kudos for retaining and increasing those numbers, but making it something that all the students can enjoy. And do you find that a lot of them have no ag background?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And two of the young ladies you'll talk to today are just that they are students with no prior background in agriculture.
Speaker 1: I love this. All right, Well, we are going to talk to the students here and so we're going to do a quick mic change and while they're doing that, the folks that we have with us today from Liberty FFA. We have Natalie Corbin. She's a senior currently serving as a Liberty FFA chapter reporter, and she has competed in the National Vet Science Career Development Event as a freshman and has been successfully in CREED Speaking, Prepared public Speaking, and disc USh and Meet. Natalie enjoys taking care of her family's dogs and chickens and plans to study to become a licensed vet tech one day. That's amazing, wonderful. Welcome Natalie, thank you, thank you. Next we have Clay Clay Johnson is a sophomore and currently serves as our Liberty FFA Parliamentarian. Clay competes in the Stockman's Livestock Judging and forestry career development events. And when Clay is not taking care of his beef cows, he's also enjoying the leadership and public speaking opportunities that FFA has to offer, and he is considering studying law, possibly focusing on agriculture. Interesting. Welcome, thank you, you're welcome. And Tony Redfern is a senior and I know you from the scholarship competitions. Yeah, She's currently serving as Liberty's FFA Chapter treasure. She enjoys competing in the Veterinarian Science it's and Agriculture Education CDEs and her favorite thing about ag ED and FFA is the knowledge gained can be applied to so many different careers and facets of life. Tony enjoy's leadership workshops and learning about advocating for agricultural interest. Tony intends to become a veterinarian, possibly focusing on food animals. Welcome, thank you. So those bios were written by miss Tea or did you know that she was going to say all those cool things about you?
Speaker 3: Kinda? I knew she was going to include like what we are positions, uh huh, and what we've done so far and what we plan to do. I didn't really expect her to like include stuff that we value and believe in and hope to like aspire to advocate for.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm guessing that she notices this about y'all and she wanted us to make sure others saw that too. So I love the bio and I hope that made you smile. So we're going to just jump right in and you guys just answer as you feel comfortable. Well, but the first thing is, it's an easy question. So this podcast is to bridge folks that aren't in the agworld with the agworld. So we've just been freely seeing FFA. But can someone tell me what FFA actually means for our listeners?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, technically FFA means Future Farmers of America, but recently it's or I wouldn't say recently, but theoretically the name is National FFA Organization. Basically, it's connecting all the farmers with all the outside areas. It's not just about you know, hands on growing crops or hands on with animals. It's about all the diverse mechanics and biologies and even production. It touches on all areas of life. So FFA doesn't just mean one thing.
Speaker 1: I would say, I love that. I have gone back and looked at my dad's yearbooks and FFA was Future Farmers of America and it was normally the pictures of the guys on their tractors and there was crop production stuff like that. And I'm really happy how the pendulum is swinging, like what you just said, all the different facets that are included. Uh, I think it's it's a wise move and I'm grateful for it. And I can already tell I have a group of well spoken guests here, and I'm grateful for that. So the next question is we were supposed to do this in February, and that is that was intentional. Who would like to tackle this question? Why is FFA in February? Why were we trying to match that up?
Speaker 3: So February is a very important time for the national f FA organization and local chapters as well, because during February, one specific week is known as NATIONALFA Week, and during that time, each day kind of has a specific like UH area kind of that dedicates to what members can do that day or like activities or ways to give back to the organization or the communities. And so February is a very eventful time for our chapter as well, just meeting with a lot of our local businesses and showing our appreciation for teachers and all that. So I think that's kind of why we chose February for doing this podcast.
Speaker 1: But we're just pretending it's February right now because of the weather. So Clay tell us about some of the activities that y'all had lined up. I know that it was kind of hiccuped because of the weather, But what were some of the activities and specifically your favorite thing we're doing FFA week.
Speaker 5: Well, we do a lot of different stuff, especially during FA Week. It's a fun time always, so we'll dress up with different things. We always like doing anything but a backpack day ag edition, so it's hysterical. We'll do feedbags, wheelbarrows, stuff like that. Officers team will dress up in different our field dress, just showing off our good attire and how good we look. But we just do a lot of different Spirit Days in the School of Partics in that.
Speaker 1: As well, so you don't have to be an f f A member to enjoy the Spirit week.
Speaker 5: No, we've partner with the school as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, excellent, wonderful. I have heard a couple of you say something about service projects. Talk to me about that.
Speaker 3: So service projects in f f A are opportunities for our members to gain community service experience. We typically do that by We typically do that by kind of helping out our local nonprofit organizations. One very important one that we like to go back to a lot every year. We try to go at least once a year is the GAFE Center out in Manita, and we help clean up there whenever they're open by help either making getting together for the families that use their services or help cleaning up their store.
Speaker 1: It seem like an extra set of hand. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this year, yeah, so this year, actually me and our secretary we helped make some new content for their social medias because one of their directors had told us they kind of need help with the new SMO gifts drives that you're doing and they don't really know how to market to audiences on how they need. Yeah, so me and her we partner together. We made some content with some of the workers there, and we put it together right then and there, and then you know, she loved it. So she's like, maybe we can get you guys come back next year.
Speaker 1: And help all that is connection.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm really looking forward to.
Speaker 1: I love that. Are there other service projects that you have done or are that you are planning? Yeah?
Speaker 4: So we actually already did a deer drive.
Speaker 1: I was wondering if you're going to talk about that.
Speaker 4: The deer drive with the Hunters for the Hungry. Basically, it was hosted at bever co Op thanks for their hope, we could use our parking lot and we just had any sort of hunter that morning go out if they wanted to and bring whatever they could get basically, and we donated it to Hunters for the Hungry and then they use it to give to people in the Bedford area who need food and resources like that.
Speaker 1: That is amazing. Do you have a number on how many you were.
Speaker 4: Able to get or I think it was thirteen thirteen.
Speaker 1: Years and that all went completely to Hunters for the Hungry. That is amazing and kind that you all did that now doesn't mean a long day for y'all at check like do you have to be there for the check in or so? What was your time frame? And I'm guessing this is a Saturday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe it was from nine to eight.
Speaker 1: It was a long day on a Saturday, Oh goodness. And so how many students were there kind of holding down the fort?
Speaker 5: Is this?
Speaker 3: Some did have like other stuff that like you say it in shifts? Yeah, okay, it was. We managed to get about five or six fifteen Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow from six as shift. Yeah, yeah, I understand. But nonetheless, what I'm hearing is there's a Saturday, and you've been in school all week and you have other responsibilities. But this group of students worked hard to make sure those hours were covered, and so not even to glean anything for themselves, but to give to someone else. And so I just think that's a testament for what we're working with here. You know, I I did not have f FA in my high school. It is there now at my former high school. And I can just see, like the way you all are speaking, you're prepared things like that. I just hope I just want the community to really know that this is a great group, whether it's this FFA or another FFA chapter. I just really it's on my heart that just folks need to support what you are doing. And in saying that, is there anything coming up that you're like, yes, we need the community to be on our side for this.
Speaker 5: We have an alumni group that does a lot of stuff for us. So facebook page they have a lot of cool things coming up, So you can check out their page, Liberty FFA Alumni and Supporters Group, and you know you'll see them at betfor co Op or chatter supply out there somewhere just doing like hot dog funders. There's things that they can do to help us because a lot of our trips can get costly sometimes, so they do help with that a lot, like our national convention to the Indianapolis. They're just a great group of people to help us out.
Speaker 1: So if we're if someone's in town and they see that there's a bake sale or a hot dog sale or something like that in the pancake Breakfast, something like that that's going towards FFA, they need to pull the car over and get in line and help with the fundraising. So you're seeing fundraising monetarily gifts. Monetary gifts are helpful for all the different things that you are doing. Okay, excellent. And then this here's a fun question. I want to hear from each of you what your favorite part of FFA is and if you have more than one answer, that's totally acceptable.
Speaker 4: I was about to say, part of my favorite is really just the connection you make with the people. I know that may sound like a cheesy answer, but it's true. Majority of my friends come from FFA. You really get a nice knit family when you join FFA. You get to travel together, you get to learn together, you get to grow. Building leadership is also another part. Without the leadership skills that FFA has given me, I don't think I would be where I am today with success, with careers and competitions in itself, just all around. It's a very beneficial organization and it helps you build lifelong relationships.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think just what you said. I think you're going to have a lot of transferable skills in life because it, you know, going from a student in FFA to be in an adult, whether you know, a college, career, you know, whatever, wherever your next path is just the fact that you can speak and clearly and make eye contact. That's going to get you so so far in life. And I just really come in each of you. But since we're speaking with you right now, I think that that in itself is going to be such a carry over. Now I said earlier that, and I haven't forgotten you too. I did not have FFA growing up, but I was in the AG club at the college I went to, and a lot of the members were former FFA, and I could see that the way the meetings were held and carrying on, and it was like you said, who you surround yourself with and the connections you make a really important because I ended up marrying the AG club dance so that worked out well for me. But on a serious note, all of our our friends that we've made through the AG club and if there we're still friends, and those connections are important. So in general, it's always important who who you hang out with. So yeah, perfect answer, Natalie, All right, he's going next.
Speaker 3: This is a very unpopular opinion, but I like the workshops we get to do ENOUGHFA because they take really Corby just roat her eyes.
Speaker 1: They're a little shade over here across the table, that's all right.
Speaker 3: Because they take really fun activities and make you take a different perspective, either about situations you see out in the real world or about yourself, and you can really learn a lot from just one workshop and another thing. I like this kind of what Corbyn said, how preparing yourself and actually competing in these competitions have given has given me a lot of confidence that if I didn't join FFA, I for sure would not have had So you know, if I didn't join FFA three years ago, I would not be able to talk to you. I would not be able to look an your eyes. I wouldn't I wouldn't be here today at all.
Speaker 1: I mean, you seem very comfortable speaking to us, and I got to I just want to say again, I mean, you do speak so so well this group, all of you, and I'm sure there's others in your membership too that are the same way. I want to go back to what you said about a workshop. So for folks that don't know what a FFA workshop is, can you just break that down for us?
Speaker 3: So a workshop is kind of just a term that FFA uses, whether that's at like that's chapter workshops or workshops at a state event or even the national event. They have workshops too. A workshop is like a so they'll take a group of people who decide they want to do this workshop and don't give them activity about like building skills on leadership or something kind of make them realize. I kind of to me workshops. They do workshops in order to help people be better. I guess it's kind of like a self improvement thing. I really don't know how to explain workshops.
Speaker 1: So our workshops on like how to build something or is it more internal? Like more internal? Okay, so like a coaching for how to present yourself and speak and things like that. All right, that is great. I mean, this is all all of these things in your toolbox. You are going to be way ahead of your peers just because you already have this. This is great. I'm so excited for your futures that I know they're going to be sparkling and dazzling. Clay, did we say the best for last? Okay? I would say something like that. All right, what's your favorite part about FFA?
Speaker 5: I believe y'all kind of touch on this, but it just gets you out of your comfort comfort shell, Like when I joined in seventh grade, I wouldn't be able to talk to anybody pretty much, but my advisor kind of pushed me to do other things. And, like Tony said, his workshop, so it gets you to meet other people around you, like your traveling places, You're doing different contests, You're meeting people, You're meeting your local leaders, You're meeting people all across the state and even the nation. Right, And I believe it's just an awesome opportunity to get out there and learn more about the world. Right.
Speaker 1: I think when you said it gets you out of your your comfort zone? How hard was that at the beginning when this started?
Speaker 5: Were you like, no, yeah, I thought about like what am I doing here?
Speaker 1: Did you two think that either when you had to do things that maybe weren't so comfortable with speaking.
Speaker 3: My very first time competing in contests was at the state level, and I'm sitting there waiting to go into the room to take one of the tests. I'm thinking, what am I doing? What is going on here?
Speaker 4: What did I sign up for?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just sitting there. I was like, I'm not coming back to this. And then eventually school yar started again. I end up getting another English class with Corbin and then she was like, are you doing f a vegan?
Speaker 1: I was like, you know what, Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right. So that is important because sometimes, like Clay said, when we push ourselves to do something that's maybe not natural to us, it seems like you all have understood that you have the benefits that unfold when you do push yourself to do hard things, and sometimes doing hard things, the bounty that we get from that harvest of doing something hard really pays off. And I think y'all have pay I'm just so impressed with you. I can't stop saying that. I feel like a broken record. I'm just so impressed with you, with you all. Okay, So if someone's listening' is like, oh, I have a grandchild that is in middle school or high school, or my daughter such and such, what are the requirements for joy? Do we have someone that can answer that. Yeah?
Speaker 4: So the requirements basically, you have to be a middle or high school student. And some middle school start at like fifth grade, but like Bedford specifically starts at sixth grade. Sorry, so you have to be a middle or high school student. You have to pay fifteen dollars in dues. So it's not much, but it's to get you through the year.
Speaker 1: It's kind of just work like to cover some costs, right exactly.
Speaker 4: And you have to be taking an.
Speaker 1: AD class okay, so that is important. Yes, And each of you are in a AG class obviously because following the rules. And I want to hear what your AD classes that you're taking.
Speaker 4: So this year I am taking veterinary science too, and greenhouse production and management.
Speaker 1: But you're wanting to be a that tech eventually. This makes sense, right, okay?
Speaker 4: And prior had a VET one class that had to.
Speaker 1: Like build it that the prerequisite to go into US. And what are your AD classes this year?
Speaker 3: This year, I'm actually taking two like Corbon Veterinary Science one and then fishery Fisheries and wildlife.
Speaker 1: Oh that's interesting. But you also want to go on the VET track as well, okay, excellent, But you want to be a large animal VET, mixed animal, mixed.
Speaker 5: Animal okay, And I'm also on an animal pathway, I'm taking small animal care this year.
Speaker 1: All right, excellent. I just love I'm so nosy, so I always love all of this. This is great. So those are the requirements. Now do you have to sign up? Like at the start of a semester a school year, like how does what's the proper way.
Speaker 3: We usually try to wrangle in members at the beginning of the school year, like an open house or the first month or two of school, we'll have we'll set up a little booth at lunch. People can come fill out a form sign up for our remind and then hand us their fifteen dollars membership dues and uh. But most of the time we'll get a few stragglers along the year who decide, you know, maybe maybe I should join ffit, so.
Speaker 1: They can't you like it at the start of the school year semester.
Speaker 3: He our ducks in the rogue right, actual itinerary of many members we're gonna have like a kind of.
Speaker 1: Like a get your game plan together?
Speaker 3: Yes, how many members we're gonna have and how many people decide they actually want to compete?
Speaker 1: Yeah, excellent.
Speaker 5: Especially in middle school, it's like a semester class. If you have an ad class second semester, you don't really learn about all the stuff that you can do until that second semester.
Speaker 3: See, that's a difficult thing about the the middle school schedules because that's how it was for me. I didn't take an that class to my second half of my seventh grade year, so I don't know about FFA till well, but they got you now Yeah, I got you now strapped.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, you guys are hoot. Okay, So I guess we've already touched on this. And if someone wants to give miss t had I want to hear. I think you all have touched on this. Question is what lasting effects do you think FFA will have on your futures? And I really think you've you've got that under control. I mean, kudos to your teacher.
Speaker 3: Uh, but.
Speaker 1: I just have to say, Lindsay, I got to call you bad. You first, saments me. Lindsay, what is what do you think their futures? And I'm talking about theirs, meaning that chapters. What do you think their chapters look their future looks like because of their FFA background. So it's kind of funny. Excuse me.
Speaker 2: Earlier, when you were saying about being an AG club in college, I related to that so much because I also did not have much of an EGG background, and I was in college setting large animal science, and when I was there, I met all these crazy FFA kids, And honestly, I had no idea that FFA was a real thing at that point. I had only ever heard about it in a country song. And I was so just impressed and floored by all of these kids, and they all had this FFA in common, and they were telling me about their AD classes and all the things they got to do, and I truly feel like I missed out, Like I remember thinking that to myself, I had no idea this was even a thing, and I kind of fell in love with it just from looking at the pictures on their dorm walls and talking to them and knowing them as people. So I truly do feel, twenty years into teaching and working with FFA kids that it really does turn out solid, well rounded, employable people who are amazing citizens within their community. The beauty of social media, to someone like me, is is just invaluable because I get to watch these guys ten twenty years after they graduate high school, and it is so amazing to get to see the things that they do, where they go their careers, just how their life is impacted. And maybe you know, for some they just took a few AD classes, maybe they did a little effife in high school, but you can still see things come through. It resonates right, whether they're they're getting involved in different things in their community, whether they're taking leadership positions in their job, whether they joined the different clubs in college or whatever trade school they went to, or you know, whether they just dove into their career and felt confident and moved up the ladder because of the you know, the education that they had in high school. And I expect that one hundred percent from these three as well as well as it well as the rest of them. Tony and Natalie our seniors, and they are both getting excited and looking forward to the next step for them, whatever it is. I will say the big thing that I try to tell them, And we were just talking about this on the way here, because I have a former student who's coming back in a couple weeks on her college spring break, and she really wants to talk to them about all the different careers that she learned about when she went to college. She ended up going to college in Kentucky, and once she got there, I think she's setting ag econ. But when she got there, all of a sudden, she realized all these other amazing careers that we just don't really see around here maybe, and she just wants to let them know to kind of follow their era, get on the right path, get where you're going, and as you're going there, you're going to see all these other awesome things open up to you that you had no idea about. So I'm excited they'll.
Speaker 1: Have those opportunity. You've definitely given them a good foundation. And I'm sure there's other amazing egg educators in our county, but you made me tear up a little. But because anytime we talk, you know, I taught school for fifteen years. You've definitely got me on that. But anytime you can see your students and you called it at a young age, like they are going to be a good human and they are just going to nail this whole living a good life thing. But you get to see it, that's the good stuff. And so I'm so grateful that you get to see those moments and you're like called it. I knew they were going to be successful, and I loved what you said about you know, being good citizens and employable. And on a funny note, I do get sad because you know, you know, we just we discovered that we were not in FFA, but we definitely had ag in our college days. I do get jealous when Johnny gets to pull his blue jacket out and I do not have a blue jacket. I do not, so I do get a little jealous of him getting to wear that. And he was at Liberty High School's FFA as well, and I'm great, well stinker, I think he still fits so all these years later. Yeah, But anyway, I want to say thank you for this group of students that you have shared. We're going to wrap up and go into the announcement section, but if there is anything that we need to know to share with our community about how to support you or upcoming events, your social media, social media handles or things like that, please share that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Now is your time to shine. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I want to piggyback on what Clay said earlier about our alumni and supporters. It is a common misconception that you have to have been a Liberty High School graduate or an FFA member. That's not true at all. That's why the name is Liberty FFA Alumni and Supporters. So we have lots of adults within this community that found value from their children going through the program or just learned about it different ways and became a part of that group. Also, people that came to our community from other areas and we're in AG programs and things like that. As a kid in other areas not only benefit you know, visiting them at bake sales and things like that, but also if you want to reach out, they have a Facebook page Liberty f FA alumni and supporters if you want to reach out to them and be a part of that group. They're always looking to grow that group. You know, many hands makes easier work for everyone, so always looking to have more people in that as well.
Speaker 1: Also, I want to give a shout out to Clay.
Speaker 2: We just found out that Clay, along with two of our other younger members are going to Washington Leadership Conference this summer. So that's really so that is a hefty cost for us. So if any anybody ever wants to reach out and just benefit the chapter, you could go right through the school to help kids with things like that Leadership options. You can do it that way, contacting like Liberty High School and letting them know why you're calling. They can get you the right avenue. But yeah, we do have a Facebook page Liberty FFA and an Instagram page and it's here on the socials. We are Yeah, the kids, the kids do a great job with that excellent. Well, I'm very grateful that Natalie, Tony Clay, and this TA you were all here today.
Speaker 1: We're gonna say we're going to file this under an excellent podcast? Would you agree? What?
Speaker 5: He?
Speaker 1: Do you not feel so hopeful for? I mean, do you not just feel drenched in hope? Rate? I do? It's exciting, I know, so well spoken. Yes, agreed, Agreed. So you're impressive, folks, and I'm grateful to have had this moment with y'all. So we're going to go into our announcements. This is where we have ag opportunities in the county. So if you are looking for horse riding lessons, please reach out to Second Wind Farm. They recently posted on their Facebook page that they are scheduling opportunities uh for horse riding. They also have availability, I believe for boarding, so contact them directly either through their Facebook page or you can call them at five four zero five nine eight zero one one zero. And then we are thinking about field trips here, so if you are interested in going to Lotty J Farm, on Patterson Mill Road. They are currently booking field trips May through October. April is already booked. You can follow them on Facebook as well or reach out to them by calling four three four six one zero six zero seven eight and again that's Lotty J Farm on Patterson Mill Road in regards to field trips. So the weather is starting to warm up a little bit and our farmers markets have dates. Let's see here. Forest Farmer's Market will take place on March the eighth, which is this Saturday, from nine to twelve. They're located on Forest Road near Forest Library and obviously it's anytime you shop at a farmer's market, it's a great opportunity to shop and support local. And then the weekend after that, March fifteenth, Bedford Farmers Market will be held nine to one and they are located at West Washington Street in the Farmers Market Pavilion and you can stay updated with their happenings by following their Facebook page. And it looks like Menita and Montvale markets will be coming back soon, so stay tuned about when and where you can get goodies at the Montvale and Manita farmers Market. Now something exciting since we have some youth here. I thought this would be a great announcement. Four EH camp registration opens up in April. This has always been a favorite with my sons and so they were always excited when camp registration open. Camp itself runs from July fourteenth to eighteenth, and it takes place at the Skeleton for H Center at Smith Mountain Lake. If you know a young person that will be at least nine by September thirtieth, twenty twenty five, but no older than fourteen or on January first, twenty twenty five, they are eligible to sign up for camp and details including costs, will be forthcoming, and the best way to follow that information is to follow the Bedford County four H Facebook page. Make sure it is Bedford County, Virginia, not Bedford County, Pennsylvania. You may end up at the wrong camp. As always, we would like to end this episode with a huge thanks to Media Squatch for allowing this podcast an idea to come to life. We're always grateful and happy to work with Woody and the staff at Media Squatch, and I really am grateful that I had this table of well spoken folks to chat with, So thank you. Liberty FFA for being a wonderful presence here on our podcast. Lastly, if you want to attend one of our ag board meetings, you are more than welcome. Last night we had the folks from the Smith Mountain Lake Christian Academy FFA join at the beginning of our March ag board meeting, and like y'all, they were an impressive group of students. But let's be honest, ffa's students really carry themselves well and speak knowledgeably, so no pun intended, but they're the cream of the crop. But I'm bump anyway. Egg Board meeting times and minutes are always available on the Economic Development website and normally we meet around the first Wednesday of each month, but reach out for details. If you want to attend, you're more than welcome. And we're going to end this wonderful podcast with the reminder that please be good to yourself and be good to others.