Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's Thursday, and you know what that means. We're going to talk about things in pop culture, babe, but mostly we're going to talk Bravo. I've got my friends here, Gibson, John's of gabbing with gibb an expert, I might say on Bravo, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well, how are you? Thanks for I'm happy to be back on the Pink Shade.
Speaker 1: Okay, now listen, We've got lots to talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, we do. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now. Number one, I'm not a summer house girly, but I am following the drama.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I did get a note on Spotify that I need to stop talking about it if I don't watch the show, but I disagree.
Speaker 2: What's it like following it not watching the show? That's an interesting experience.
Speaker 1: It is because I have such a strong feeling that like, Kyle is the victim, only because I know the dynamics. I was like, okay, so he was runs with this guy they were getting into. But people are like, you're completely wrong because he's an asshole.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, okay, well here's the thing two things gonna be true at once. You know, like Kyle has mistreated Amanda through a lot of their relations He's he's been a bad husband and boyfriend to her over the year.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, But.
Speaker 2: Also I think as we're seeing, especially watching the rest this you know, back half of the season, through a different lens, knowing what we know about Amanda and West, it has reframed some of how are a lot of how I think she has also contributed to the fracture and fallout of their relationship. You know, she might not have done as many sort of big glaring things, but especially in you know, this season, maybe last season, like she she's not she's not helping the situation, I would say, but I only excuses how he has treated her. But there's there's a mutual contribution to downfall of their relationship, I would say.
Speaker 1: Okay, So they were mutually responsible for you know, the getting separated, getting divorced, Yeah, in different ways. But then she took it to the next level by hooking up with this guy that was her husband's friend and also her one of her very close friend's ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, yes, And to me, like the bigger betrayals here are about friendship. Like I think that's why I I agree that Kyle is a victim in this, but I think that Sierra is the bigger victim in this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, now, because then you see the other side and again because I know, I don't know, and you see the other side where people say, yeah, she only dated him for three months, it was like two years ago, and who cares.
Speaker 2: But it's it's coming out now that they were also sort of hooking up this fall. I saw that this morning and so and I had heard that, but Bravo and Cocktails put it out this morning. Because next week's finale we see them making out that they yeah Era in West Yeah, that was in the preview for the next week's episode. And so it goes beyond just like becoming flirty friends again, like they start getting physical again, and it's not so.
Speaker 1: That changes everything that changes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that that argument that it was you know, a stale three year old you know whatever, it kind of goes out the window.
Speaker 1: Okay, back in now, Sierra is the bigger victim.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: You can then, Wow, Well, I am going to watch the reunion because you should.
Speaker 2: Sometimes it's the TV event of the year.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, because sometimes when you watch a reunion, even if like sometimes I dip out of a season, like I kind of did this last year with Potomac. I just wasn't into it, and I dipped out of the season, and then I got back in at the reunion, and so sometimes I.
Speaker 2: Do to get the recap'st the recap and see how we are going to seat up for the next year. I totally got that. I'm a complaint. I'm like an annoy a complete list, Like I have to watch all of it for like my own, you know, mental state. But like I understand tapping out and tapping back in for the reunion. I think it's a good way to do it if it's not working for you.
Speaker 1: Now you posted that you yourself were on somewhere else.
Speaker 2: I was, Yeah, I went to Lindsay's housewarming, which was filmed for the show, and so I was hiding in the background for that, not like or anything that was in August, okay, on a Friday, and yeah, I was sort of like huddled huddled in with like the non show people basically who were invited, And I really it's fascinating watching them film the show. You know, whenever I've had opportunities to be at film events on various shows over the years, that's what I'm really watching. Like, I'm not really watching like trying to read their lips and hear what they're talking about. It's more like, Okay, how are the cameras moving around? Like the producer sort of with their their you know, ear pieces, and they're they're talking to each other, and some of them have like little iPads where they can watch what's happening in real time, like it's it's fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like this looks interesting.
Speaker 2: Run over there, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or they'll like tap one of them on the shoulder and be like, you know, they're probably being like go talk to this person or whatever, or you know, there's only so many cameras and they're probably in a party setting like that. There's a lot of conversations happening in little groups, and so there's somebody listening as you know, it could be in the other room even being like like trying to hear all of the different microphones and like if there's not a camera on, Sabrina and Amanda talking about whatever there and they're they're starting to talk about something interesting. Then you'll see the camp they're probably tipped off by somebody listening and the cameras running over to them to like try to film it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I nerd out on that kind of on that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And that's why you see a lot on Our Housewives and stuff where it's like, can I talk to you for a second over here, because they're like, if we can get just the microphones isolated over here, then and then probably at the same time, something else could be happening over here, like the Ladies of London this season, we saw when Kimmy and miss A had that argument and Margo went and jumped in, but then you kept panning over to Martha and Mark Brance's going, oh, how dreadful?
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, exactly, yeah, exactly, Yeah. I love that kind of stuff. Yeah, So that was like the most interesting part of being at that because also like at that point, like they'd been filming the season for two months or like over a month or so month and a half maybe, and so like I have no idea what but like is going on in the season or what the drama is or anything. So even trying to like pay attention to that it's kind of silly because I don't know what the lead up has been, you know, So I wasn't there to get the tea. I was just more there to like experience it.
Speaker 1: That's really cool, that's really cool. Well, well, so why and again, don't come at me, I understand I don't watch Summerhouse people. My question is, if it's Lindsey's housewarming, why wasn't that film for in the City because she bought herself her own beach house.
Speaker 2: No, this was her big new apartment in New York City, Okay, And essentially this is the current season of season ten of Summerhouse, and really what they viewed that at it was like the transitional season for the show and for a lot of the OG cast members. And so this is Lindsay still had to be on the show because in the City, in the in the context of this show right now, Summerhouse in the City, that doesn't exist yet. It's going to exist once they do the sort of seamless transition from the Summerhouse finale in the City premiere, then it will exist. And that's where Lindsay, I think, will graduate into. I think the idea was for Kyle Amanda Lindsay to transition out of Summerhouse after this season, so they had to still have Lindsay around like also, and also she moves for she moves story forward really well for this group. She'll come in every few weekends and get it pop in and like get stuff out in the open. That's what happened this week. That's why Kyle and Carl started fighting and she got something activated. And so I think the idea was for them to graduate into the show. I think that the West and Amanda scandal, I think that has put everything kind of in flux in terms of the plan for the Summerhouse universe. Yeah, you know, it's like also to see her come back or not. You know, TMZ says she is coming back, which I would really love. But if si Eric goes back, there's no way she's going to film with Amanda and West. So like that means that they're probably off Summerhouse. So does that mean that they still bring Kyle and Lindsay and Carl back in some capacity? I don't know, but I don't but I think the original plan is uh maybe not the way they're going to fully go yet. I don't know, But what to do.
Speaker 1: Have you Have you seen the premiere of In the City.
Speaker 2: I have not, no that that's best screener. Screener has not been sent out yet.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, but you will.
Speaker 2: No, but but I've heard that it's ready and premiere is on Tuesday, so we're gonna We're gonna get it soon. And and the Bravo exec said that there's going to be a scene that was filmed recently at the beginning of that episode, So I don't know what that looks like.
Speaker 1: He'll be a current day and then I'll go exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, but like and my guess, my guess is that's Kyle and Amanda just you know, but I don't. I don't know because Western Sierra aren't on In the City. I guess cast members at least not yet. Yea, yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: Are they going to do a shina walking into the kitchen at sir transition.
Speaker 2: Yeah, They've said that it's going to be part of like a two hour event, so like and they call it a backdoor pilot, So I think that's what's going to happen. I don't my my like vision of it from the since the moment they announced in the city that we knew was happening. Yes, my vision is they show Lindsay driving back into the city. They just so show Kyle and Kyle and Amanda driving back into the city together like packing up from summerhouse, and they arrive at their apartments and maybe there's like I don't know, one of the other cast members meets up with them for a drink or you know, Kyle Amanda go back to their apartment and like they're not in a good place and it's kind of quiet, and it's like, all right, this is our life in the city now. But I think it's gonna be that's my guest. They drive back.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, because I love I love when they do that. You know, I loved it. I was waiting that was waiting through the valley. I was like, are they gonna have somebody walk out us their get in the car and then drive to the valley.
Speaker 2: You know, it wasn't it wasn't it. Jack's going to like the boys night and then he like drives over the hills into the valley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was all about like Jack's getting out of a car. I just remember that they can and that was I mean, we knew Jackson was terrible, but that was before we knew he was. We thought he was level a physical abuse level. Yeah, yeah, we thought he was level seventy five. We didn't know he was level one hundred.
Speaker 2: Totally. Yeahs So I do love I also love a backdoor pilots. I think it's a really fun thing that rarely happens. It's only happened, it happened less than five times, and so it works. It's a fun way. Yeah, and it works exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, you said, Lindsay. And that reminded me of this week. Lindsay and Michael Rappaport got into an online beef. Yeah, that was crazy. That was great. So I guess he came out and just did as he does, like blah blah blah, I hate her and it was calling her like old mother Hubbard and all this and just giving his opinion on her on Summer House. And I mean, I you know, before all this Trader stuff and everything, I was okay with Michael Rappaport coming on Watch What Happens Live and having opinions. I thought he was kind of funny. But by god, he's making himself so hated with all this shit.
Speaker 2: He yeah, he's not. He's not a good reader of the room, I would say. I say, like yeah, and like and maybe that's the point with him, Like maybe he always wants to ruffle feathers and take the unpopular opinion and go against the grain. Like I think that's kind of like his emo in a way, you know, like having unpopular opinion just to rile people up. But yeah, I guess he Like he was like, I know she's a single mom, but like her only her only storyline for the past two years has been Carl and it's like and she was like, well, I actually had a baby last year and was pregnant on the show last year, so that was a huge storyline. So it's like he just he's not even talking in facts. So and one thing about Lindsay is that like she will shut get activated and shut shit down. And so that's so she did. I don't I don't think he responded to her to her response, so he.
Speaker 1: Did either, And I like she's just like walking around her house film and like not giving a ship you.
Speaker 2: Know, exactly that in the game right now.
Speaker 1: And then another thing that I saw today that was fascinating was Meredith Lynch, who I know, did a big post about how much she hates Bethany. This is not the first one. She does posts all the time, but how much she hates Bethany. Okay, okay, So she just went on your piece of shit, you know, you scam nonprofit maga. You know, she just went on a rant against Bethany, as she does.
Speaker 3: And Andy liked it so interesting and I ran right to the comments and all the all the Bravo influencers like not Andy like in this post.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Wow, I mean it's it's really it's so fascinating think about how much that friendship has deteriorated. I mean, he won't even say her name anymore, Like he calls her Margret.
Speaker 1: Lady, Yeah, lady.
Speaker 2: I love that he calls her on like the radio show and stuff whenever she comes up, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because you think about he was friends. He was in all those Hampton circles with Carol and Bethany and in those New York circles and stuff, and then of course there was that falling out at the reunion that time when Carol confronted Andy, is that are you scared over too? And then he was a fight with Carol for a while but now she's coming back to New York.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 1: Carol played the long game.
Speaker 2: Carol played the long game, and she knew she went out and lived her life in a way that Bethany thinks she's doing that. But Bethany weighs in on every possible thing in the entire world, much less pop culture, much less ronny, you know, like she yes, yes, she talks about everything. And she I mean also like she was a big part of like the quote unquote reality reckoning effort a couple of years ago, and like that was an effort to take Andy down and Bravo down, you know. And I think that that is that's something that like hits very personally to them, and they' obviously they get very protective over it. So like I think that was sort of that was the line, in my opinion, the reality reckoning stuff. But she also, like I don't know, she says a lot of out of pocket shit. I think Bethany is like occasionally, you see, I'll see a video of her pop up and I'm like, all right, she kind of has a point there, or like oh she's kind about this, yes, but like you know, broke a broken clock, you know, twice is right twice a day, but like she says so much that inevitably a lot of it's going to be wrong and not necessarily land well. And the thing is, I don't really think she cares that Andy doesn't that Andy is off her.
Speaker 1: You know, she doesn't care. But I mean, it is fascinating that the Meredith Lynch, who I like a lot, who just not only is she be like, okay, guys, here are some facts about this company that Bethany was the part of, but she's just like, you're a piece of shit, narcissist, racist. I mean, she just says the worst things, and I'm always like, how are you get away with that? Because she never says allegedly you know right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely seems like somebody who's pretty libeless, you know, sure, yes, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. But I think she married at the steid before. She can't sue me because everything I'm saying is true and I've got receist to back it up. I'm like, okay, girl, you guys aren't following Meredith Lynch. It's a fun watch. So there was that there were so many things going on in the last couple of days. I mean, like they announced that Alex Murdock is getting a new case, getting a new trial.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't see that. I didn't see that.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, you were busy working, But that.
Speaker 2: Was there's a lot of Bravo stuff.
Speaker 1: God, yes, and there was Bravo stuff going that was announced today. And then Gibson for my people, for my ninety Day fiance people, it has been announced that there will be a ninety Day Con.
Speaker 2: That's huge in Vegas.
Speaker 1: I don't know. They literally said it's coming and like no location, no date, it's coming. And I was like, don't do this to us. TLC.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, if they're smart, they do it this year, which is the off year for Bravo Con. Don't. I don't think you want it to compete. I think you want it to Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: Because there's a lot of crossover. And I I because you know, like I do a lot of ninety Days and I do Bravo on Thursdays, and ninety day is my literal bread and butter and my life. And so I wrote to my ninety day, my TLC contact that helps me with stuff, and I said, just please tell me it will not be this one particular weekend in October where I'm going to be in New York for like a meetup that like we have put a deposit down for a place like just just please tell me that. Other than that, you don't have to tell me anything, and I can guarantee you it is not that weekend in October?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Love?
Speaker 2: Is that is that Bravo fan Fast weekend?
Speaker 1: I believe that it's the same as Bravo FanFest in Charleston.
Speaker 2: But you're going to be in New York.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be in New York, So which means I want you? Is that what we're finding out now?
Speaker 2: I mean I want to go. I need I should go to fan vest. I don't know what the particular is of it, but they'll send you.
Speaker 1: They'll send you a press baskets.
Speaker 2: I hope. So I was. I was not invited to last fan Fest, so I don't know. It's a smaller event.
Speaker 1: I did say they're going to have to watch what Happens Lives, so it's not that small.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: I love an excuse to go to Charleston, but no, I believe I'm going to be in New York that weekend. But that's going to be all announced guy soon, so don't worry about it. But anyway, they told us nothing. Even for those of us ninety day podcasters that have all the insight, they told us nothing.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah. And it's also like there's also a Dancing with the Stars Con this year, Like there are people are people are seeing how successful BRAVACN has been and getting these you know, more quote unquote niche fandoms together, and yeah, it's really smart. It's really smart, and like it's it's also must be exciting prospect for you to like because I love and you're part of this too, But like being at Brava Con with like all the other creators and podcasters that are around these shows is so that to me is the best part. Honestly, it's like that's the most because we know we always recording with each other on zoom and like to be in person with each other, like that's a I love that part of it.
Speaker 1: I loved seeing you in your cute sunglasses and you're so tall and handsome, and you were you were everywhere Brava Con, everywhere I looked there with Skipson, I.
Speaker 2: Run around that venue like a chicken with his head cut off, just everywhere, all at once. Don't really sleep that much that weekend. But that's what it's all about. You know, Vegas, there's stuff happened at all times. It's good for business. You just gotta I just gotta go for it. So I expect to see I expect you know what, man at ninety eight con. You need to have like a live like a go pro live streamer every move.
Speaker 1: I was like, I've been training my whole life for this, and I put up. I put up the stuff that they send us with the rocky music, like I'm ready there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the training starts now.
Speaker 1: Just I wrote to my my TLC person, So I'm stretching, I'm getting ready. I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna get back into Pilate's I'm gonna, I'm doing it.
Speaker 2: Yes, there we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mentioned Ladies of London a second ago. Did you had a chance to interview cast members?
Speaker 2: I just the only person that I got pitched was Margot, which was like, you know, it is what it is, what it is with Margo. But yeah, I interviewed her. You know, it definitely made me like her a little bit more. But I also interviewed her, and I think that the timing was probably intentional on like the pr person's part. I'm guessing before the Mark Francis like the freak thing had happened, so you know, she was she was. She was already ruffling feathers on the show, of course, but like not to that level, and that like the accusations that were made about how she you know, what she said about him. So the interview did make me like appreciate her a little bit more. But also by the end of the season, I was sort of like, h girl, like, I don't know about this.
Speaker 1: But then she had that People magazine article come out that say, you know, she she knew that something was off with her and her personality, and so she went and got you know, her hormones while all out of whack and everything, you know, for being the age that she isn't having a baby, and then that's going to make your hormones go crazy. So I felt like, so Mark Francis was on Watch What Happens Live, and he had nothing nice to say about her, only bad things to say. And then that article came out the next day, which I think was a little calculated to make him look bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, she knows, she knows she's doing she's trying to say face, which you know she's entitled to do so, but you know, no reason to forget what she's said. Comment. Yeah exactly. And also like that final scene where she sits down with him and she's like, you want to have sex with me, That's what's going on here, And I was like, what are you talking about? Like literally, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I think her whole thing is like, why are you obsessed with me? Like I think you want to fuck me? And I was like, and I think all of that is like her trying being funny, like he's obsessed with me, but it's not funny. And also when she called him freak, and also when she said you're so weird prance away.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't catch that one. Yeah, oh somebody else.
Speaker 1: I was talking who said they didn't Oh, Amy Phillips. She was like, I didn't catch that. I go go back. She goes, You're so weird, and he was walking off and she said prance away.
Speaker 2: Oh that's bad, it's bad, it's not.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: So in my interview with her, I was I was because I think her friendship with Martha is like kind of intriguing in like their backstory. They clearly like I've done like crazy things together, you know, And so I was she was telling me about like their early years together and she's like, yeah, we were both modeling, you know. I was doing Hard versus Bizarre and this, that and the other, and Martha was doing the Town and Country. And I didn't take it as like shady. But then after the season end and Martha DMed me and she was like, hey, I heard Margo say that, you know, she was doing Harper's Bizarre and I was doing Town and Country. Let the record show that I was doing Italian Vogue and I was the face of the Royal Ascot. Thank you very much. I love that woman.
Speaker 1: I love Martha. And she posted something with John Hill and John Hill's dog and something and I wrote under it like, oh my god, John, I'm so excited you got to meet Martha. And she wrote under it and did like a little hay and I was like, well, that's it, love, That's done. And I loved how and watch What Happens Live. She was so honest because Andy was asking her like how has this been for you? And she goes, are you kidding? Me, it's been great, She says, to get five hundred DMS today for people telling you how much they love you, like totally, and I love I love that honesty, not to be like, oh, it's been overwhelming or I just like that honesty if like, who wouldn't want to get five hundred DMS today telling you're great? You know?
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think that that was part of what I found really refreshing about the show overall, which was that, like, and I posted a clip of me actually talking about this on my podcast where I was like, it feels like or like the vibe is like, it's not Housewives or like a new younger show on Brava where it feels like everybody's there to get more famous and get a bunch of brand deals and start a brand and all that kind of stuff. Like that's not the that's not the vibe of the show. The vibe of the show to me as a bunch of people who like, we're like why not to sign up for a reality show like for shits and giggles basically, And I firmly sort of stand by that being the vibe. But then she, of course, it sounds like she's pretty online She commented under that she was like, no, please, I need the brand deals. I really want brand deals, And I was like, I'd love her to get at brand deals as well. But my point still stands in that it feels like an authentic group of people who aren't there to climb a ladder, you know.
Speaker 1: It feels like a very show. Yeah, a very different show than anything we've seen, and I loved it. So they did, they did some they did some announcements, but they didn't announce that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ladies of London was not announced. I think I think it's it had just ended and it's in the press release. It was still called out as like recently finale. I think was the was the wording they used with Beverly Hills, and Beverly Hills was the top rated show on Bravo, So it being lumped in with that does not make me worried about it. I just think they're not rushing into rushing into it. And also it's like, I think they could film Ladies of London whenever. It's not like it's like tied to like a specific time of year or whatever. Like I think that, like them, I'm hopeful about it. Basically, even though it wasn't officially renewed yet.
Speaker 1: Personally, I'm hopeful about it. Just because they had so many cast members go and watch What Happens live. I think that's always a big sign.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Mark Martha got this huge New York Times profile, like at the very end of the season. They like this show. Like I don't know how big it was in the ratings, but I think that they feel they feel hopeful about it in general, and like it was a word of mouth wise, like it was all positive about this show. Like nobody I've talked to who's watched the show that didn't like it. I think it's amazing.
Speaker 1: Agree, Agree, And we covered it and generally I don't cover a Bravo show like a recap style, right, but it happened to fall into a spot where the show we normally cover Ladies No Love after lock Up, which we call mug Shot Monday, that show was off, so we were like, we put in Monarch Monday instead.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: People people loved it. People loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's an amazing show. It's a really it's a great reality show, and it's and it feels retro in a good way.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, yes, yes, okay the Valley. I know The Valley isn't hitting on all cylinders as it has been in the past, but I'm like you, I'm a complete thisst I'll never stop watching it. Yeah, what are your thoughts on what's happening with The Valley.
Speaker 2: It's hard because it's like it has the less the lighter that viewers were wanting without Jax being there as this big clout over the show. It's finally what people wanted, but in reality it's not fully working. Like it does feel like there's something missing. Yeah, I also kind of feel like we're like still in this like Kristin, Janet Britney Hamster Wheel, you know, and I'm kind of like over this kind of dynamic and like just loop that we're on with that. Like I kind of feel like they need to just like learn to coexist with Janet and not you know, like like it's I just don't believe she's the villain that everyone's painting her out to be and so like, yeah, she's like she's bad at apologies and doesn't really apologize and always wants something back, and like it's not very good at the reading the room and all that stuff. Can be true, but like she's not this evil person that I think a lot of people kind of think of her as. So I'm just kind of like move on, like let's change up the dynamic on the show. Like there's just something repetitive about it and also something missing. And yeah, it's hard. I just it's long. I hate it. It's just like I'm not excited to watch it at all.
Speaker 1: I think that Danny and Nia thing is so dark.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: It's dark. And when he said this last week, when he said when she was like I'm ready to ride rides and all that, and he said, you're being performative, and she said what And then she tries to then backpedal that to be like this is Funnia, You've just forgotten because we have four kids. He forgot it's like two days ago. Like what do you mean he forgot? I mean, so that was her trying to say, like, don't saying I'm being performative because I'm fun. And then he's bitching at her about swaddling the baby. Why two times she was trying to He's yelling.
Speaker 2: At her, Oh my god, He's like, really, I mean I get to my own home. I've been on the Danny sucks train since season one, and he yelled at her when he yelled at her at that dinner table when he was drunk on the group trip like that, I was like, Oh, there's something there and these and she's a pageant girl, he's an actor. They don't want it come up there. They try to cover it up so much. And I think they were able to cover it up for a couple of years there because Jack's was there and he took up a lot of the auction in the room and he was the big bad wolf, rightfully so. But now he's not there anymore, and there's no other place for them to hide, and I think Danny's really sinister and he's showing his cards, and Nia isn't authentic. She tries to hide it all so grown under the rug. Doesn't want to show any sort of negative parts of hers, of her other than like postpartum, which I think is obviously very legitimate to show, but like in terms of her relationship, she doesn't want to show anything bad about it. And that's also part of her, I think, being performative and wanting to be like, oh, like you know what we saw at the in San Diego. So yeah, yeah, there, that's bleak.
Speaker 1: To me, it's bleak. And I didn't like him mean to her when she was trying to eat. Nope, you know, because I was like, and I understand probably for her, it's very important for her torself to get her back to the way she looks because all of that is sort of ingrained in her how she feels about herself. Yeah, but you guys had four kids in four years, and that's rough. That's going to be rough on anybody. And that, oh that's so. I can't understand. Who was I talking to you about Danny and Nia? It was Amy Phelips. I'm trying to remember because Amy Phllips lives in Santa Clarita.
Speaker 2: Oh she does.
Speaker 1: And when they said on the episode, when they were like when Zach was like, I took my dysentery pills to go to Santa Clair, like it's so far. I sent her a text, I said, are you able to get amazon to day in Santa Clarita? And she wroent back, what are you talking about? Because she hasn't just just just yes or no, And she goes, are you sending me a present? And I said, no, I just want to know, do you get Amma on two day in Santa Glarita. She's like yes. Then she saw the episode two was like, you.
Speaker 2: Bitch, and that is so funny. Oh my god. She's like, it's like the Santa Clarita stray is really happening. Like it's it's a they're not painting a very nice picture of it. I've never been there.
Speaker 1: But it looks nice to me. It looks like where I would probably live and lived in La I'd have to live an hour outside, you know.
Speaker 2: I think it looks great. It's just like he he seems like a very selfish person in their relationship, and.
Speaker 1: She didn't want to go there.
Speaker 2: She didn't want to go there, and like, not just like because it's far, but also like, think about them filming this show. The commute they have to do to film every scene they do that's not their house. It's over an hour to get anywhere to film with their other castmates. And it's like that with four under four or whatever it is that is that is really hard. Really.
Speaker 1: I wonder if it is near their church. Kate Casey, our friend, did a deep dive on their church on her on her Patreon.
Speaker 2: And that was.
Speaker 1: It's a little kind of it reminds me a lot of that church, like a mega church that the one that Justin Bieber belonged to. It reminds me.
Speaker 2: Of that like New Age got it okay, but.
Speaker 1: Some very backwards thoughts. Freak sure, So that doesn't make me happy. Are you loving the new season of Atlanta?
Speaker 2: I'm really liking it and I think that especially this Dallas trip has been really fun. I think it's been like listen, it's I think with Atlanta more so than like any other franchise right now, people are so hung up on the good old glory days of that show, when Nini was around, when Keny was around, and those were those were like some of the best housewives ever to happen. Like those seasons, yes, but but like you, it's also like an impossible standard to hold it too without those women there, Like Nini is not coming back, Kenya is not there, so we have to like embrace what we have. And I think that they've done a really good job of rebuilding the show, Like the past couple of seasons have been like pretty dire of I agree.
Speaker 1: The last couple of seasons, I was like, I don't know these.
Speaker 2: People, right, but like, I'm sorry, but yeah, this season, I'm like, okay, I'm watching at the dinner table, Porsche, Phedra, Cynthia Drew like they're Angela, Like these people are good housewives. It's fun to watch them together. I'm laughing a lot watching the show now, and we're having old school obviously sparring back with the with the Pinky and Angela's scene. Even since Cynthia in this last episode, whether she was having no time for like Pinky and Kelly and them, like I was living for that. I think it's I think that's having a really great season so far. I'm I'm really happy be about it.
Speaker 1: I think the whole thing with the room being dirty and Cynthia's like, obviously nobody wants to be in a dirty room. Obviously nobody wants to be responsible for somebody having a dirty, dirty room. I'm doing everything I can to fix it. I'm so sorry. I was like the dirty room is like, yeah.
Speaker 2: That dirty. It's also not even that dirty.
Speaker 1: It wasn't even that dirty. But I mean, I think Shemia is you know, I think Smia probably has several housekeepers that live in her home.
Speaker 2: Sure, but it's also like, and I posted this on threads, I think, but I was like, part of the reason why this that part's like not landing is because like there is a way on Housewives to complain about your room on a group trip in a way that's like funny and kind of campy and like you're complaining, but it's just like in a more I don't know, like leaning in. They're just being such negative nancies about it and just like it's so energy suck like vibes, and I'm just like, oh, like it's so downer and it's like.
Speaker 1: Refusing to come to dinner because their room was dirty?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding me? And then they watched it from the side of the pool, and then but then they still come back up when they realize it's going to be a big moment once they hear all the yelling and they want to be on It's like, that was so silly to me. And then Ky Michelle, who I really like. I think Michelle is a great addition to the show. But her refusing to come to dinner because her glam didn't show up, but then still filming with Shemia and Kelly, Yeah, you're still on camera. The dinner's at the house on the balcony like relax.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't love ka Michelle.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you.
Speaker 1: Okay, she rubs me the wrong way. I could end up from do you like Pinky?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do like thinky Oh, you do like thinky Okay, I just like.
Speaker 2: Her whole vibe, like her.
Speaker 1: I just like the Okay, we have to end with talk of Rhode Island. Okay, I wasn't caught up, and now I'm caught up. I had a real problem, Gibson, A real problem with their faces, okay, in that I could not I could not get a rosie from m Kelsey. I could. I had to make a spreadsheet with little photos bullet points by their names, and then started Gibson. I'm devoted. I had to start again. I started to get into episode one. After that was spreadsheet together, and then consulted it as I watched it, so by the time I got to three, I didn't have to look at my spreadsheet anymore.
Speaker 2: I love that for you you are you're helping yourself out with this like that is and listen, you're not the only one to have some some you know, tough times to apart. Yes, and also doesn't what doesn't help the situation, and it's actually a good problem to have, which is that they have like waterboarded us with details about all these women's backstories and how they're interconnected with each other. You know, who slept with whose husband before they were married, and I went to high school with you, so like it's hard. That makes it actually harder to keep track of who was who because it's like, wait a second, so was it was Alicia who was new x y Z person and went to communion with them before they dated his sister? Like it's like I don't remember any of those details because we weren't either inundated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they could have, they could have slid some of that in towards the end or in season two, because the season one, I'm already just trying to figure out who you are and who your husband is or your boyfriend or whatever, and then to slide in your husband's brother slept with Alisha or where, I'm like, huh, I'm gonna have to insult my spreadsheet again and then I'm but I'm loving it, and I want to know that in real time, Rula is not with her husband, but she still is, right.
Speaker 2: She still is. Yeah, he was. He was there to support her on Watch Happens Live after the episode, at the derby or at the polo match. So, you know, it feels like one of those things where it's like they're putting up this front. They're gonna try as hard as they can for as long as they can until it doesn't hold up. But also we know from the mid season trailer that there is footage and they do talk about on the show when he was arrested for tracking her in the fall.
Speaker 1: Why does he care where she is and he's supposed to be looking for his girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it's it's we knew that. We knew that, we knew why Rula would want to track her husband. Why is he trying to track her?
Speaker 1: We don't know, right, she just seems so meek, you know, she just seems so like everything's fine.
Speaker 2: You know, like it's like it's like, try harder to make us believe that because I'm not believing this.
Speaker 1: You know, I just have a lot of personality from her other than her husband's a cheater, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that her I think her appeal is this story, is this marriage, and even her talking about why she didn't go to the Rhode Island mansions, and she's like talking about you know, she she felt she felt faint and then her stomach started to her and then she had to be, you know, brought to the emergency room. And then it was like this crazy It was kind of giving Tom's house is broken into, you know, the famous Erica Jane soliloquy. You know, so she's full of shit, But I.
Speaker 1: Didn't believe a word of it, because let me tell you what I have been in that situation where I've been in the hospital and had all these tests and trying to figure out what's wrong with me, and I didn't look that good. I look like I've been hit by a sweaty truck. So you know, you don't just you know what I mean, You just don't look that good if you have had so many illnesses that you've had the MRIs and the caskins and they're trying to figure out what's wrong with you, you don't look that pretty in your bed, right right right.
Speaker 2: She was like full glam, full beat, and you know that the whole thing about what really happened with them leaving before the polo match and then coming.
Speaker 1: Back right, Well, no, tell me. I mean what they said was that he was he went and did something with his girlfriend. But what's the story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she was threatening to she was threatening to show up to filming apparently, and Kelsey sort.
Speaker 1: Of the girl, the mistress.
Speaker 2: The mistress, and so the Kelsey sort of got to got was insinuating this on while Chapman's Live, and there was a whole social media post somewhere about it. Apparently Allegedly the phone call was from the mistress actually, and she was threatening to show up to the polo match because she knew they were filming, probably be a Joe Ellen, and he had to put a stop to it. He couldn't show up and like she couldn't show up and like blow it all up on camera basically, So he drove and like I guess calmed her down or whatever. Nobody knows exactly what happened, but he was with her apparently, that's the that's the but Rula was with him when he lied no member. She she called them from her house, so he dropped her off, yes, uh huh, and then picked her back up. That's that's the going theory and story.
Speaker 1: And then some but would Rula like ask his mom and dad like, are you sick? Are you at that?
Speaker 2: I think I think Rula knew it was fake.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, she knew that.
Speaker 2: This is I think she was in on like the cover up, like don't let this crazy woman come blow up our spot on the on the show. Okay you go, do you go deal with this, figure your shit out, and then come picking back up and won't go back to the polo match. That's what that's the vibe I'm getting.
Speaker 1: Because it was I listen, I again couldn't figure out Joellen from a hole in the wall. But then once like once I got who she was. I love her. I love how she walked up to him and he's looking at his phone and she goes, oh, are you looking at Instagram because she had just seen that boast? She goes you checking Instagram?
Speaker 2: She last and I love it.
Speaker 1: I love her.
Speaker 2: Love it.
Speaker 1: That old story this past week about her mother just shuffling it off and her to explain like, I didn't have bad grades, I wasn't a whore. I didn't do this, I didn't do that. My mother just was scared that I was pretty and I was going to become that so she set me off to all these like abusive boarding skulls. I was like, crazy, what is that?
Speaker 2: One? Was that one of them for a year her entire freshman year of high school. And then the only reason why the mom brought her back home and she was thought she was suddenly, you know, good to be back at home, is because they threatened to take custody away from her. The government like that's.
Speaker 1: Great, that's that's trauma.
Speaker 2: Wow. And the sister was also at one of these places. I think they said she got sent first, so that's like, that's that's that'll really stay with you.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, yeah, oh my god. Well I'm going to tell you I'm so glad that I'm caught up on it because I was like lagging behind because I couldn't get their faces. And I was like, what I need is like a whole day and a half where I don't have other ninety day stuff to do to really grill down on this. And I did. I went to the beach. I was all by myself, which was like the joy of my life had I just had it on my phone walking around everything I was doing and just watched all of it. After I got my spreadsheet together.
Speaker 2: There we go. That is I love that. I would love to have seen that, the footage of that happening. You just you know, at the beach doing your thing, just.
Speaker 1: Clipping off at Instagram into my redsheet and then bullet points, bullet points you know, Alicia, not married, been together, making.
Speaker 2: A spreadsheet on your Patreon with people.
Speaker 1: Well some of my notes. Maybe you know.
Speaker 2: The way that I have to unpublishable.
Speaker 1: Well, no, just like the way I describe people's faces is the way for me to remember it.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Sure, I can kind of like right away, Rosie gave me Kate Middleton vibes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see that, Rosie the little the newscaster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she gave me. I thought she was kind of like Kate Middleton. And then I had to think, like I can remember Ashley I because eye is long and Ashley has a long nose. Like these are the ways after this is my childhood.
Speaker 2: Whatever you need to do to remember that's what you did, remember like it's it's your board.
Speaker 1: I got everybody, you know, I got everybody know you know, Like I put for for Liz, I put like two Tan Dolores.
Speaker 2: Yeah, uh yeah, yeah, these.
Speaker 1: Are things three kids, not hers, but don't say that. You know that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: That kind of thing, ye kind of.
Speaker 1: Thing, Gibson. Tell everybody where they can find your podcast. You guys, Gibson. I don't know how he does it. He always has the best interviews. He's at every event. I've told him a million times. I am a short training ride away. If you ever need a plus one, I'm right on that train. I will be there. I will be there. Gibson gets invited to everything. So by the way, if you can ever get invited to a DC thing, if you don't contact me, we're going to be in a fight.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, we weren't friends. We weren't friends yet when I the only big Bravo thing I've ever done in DC was like the season six premiere of Real Housewives of Potomac. I like moderated a panel for them down on the wharf, but they I don't know why, just that season they did like a big DC thing. But otherwise I feel there's never really been that much in DC. But hopefully for Potomac we got something next season or something. Okay, well, okay.
Speaker 1: Now tell everybody where they could find you in all your great interviews and everything.
Speaker 2: Of course, my podcast is called Gabbing with GiB You can find it wherever you get pink shade. You can follow me on any social media platform at Gibsonoma or at Gabbing with GiB where I clip out my interviews and stuff and post all my threads and all that kind of stuff. And yeah, that's that's it. I always love chatting with you, Mary Payne. This is You're always such a it's it brightens my day, honest.
Speaker 1: Gibson is so good on threads, you guys. I got to get better at it. I'm just you know, I'm trying to, like, I'm so scared of Twitter that I'm trying to.
Speaker 2: Like no, and then threads is th Threads is like a definitely like a there's definitely some crazies on there, and like it's it can be a frustrated place, as any social media platform can be. But also it kind of feels like old Twitter and that like a lot of the Bra celebrities are active on there right now, and like it's you're not gonna it's it's not really like a lot of Maga trolls but popping popping up very often, so it's a little bit of a safer place, I think.
Speaker 1: So okay, I like, all right, well i'm gonna, I'm gonna. I'm gonna try to do it now. I'm trying. Listen, I'm a lady.
Speaker 2: Certain it's all we can do. We can try working.
Speaker 1: I'm working, okay. Everybody, make sure you're following Gibson and make sure you're following me at Pink Shade Pod. Thank you, Thank you.