Speaker 1: In the sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine The Games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on Jr.
Speaker 2: Hey, goodbrning Bulldog. What's going on? Brother?
Speaker 3: What's going on? I am starting am I'm resurrecting. Bring professional baseball to Orlando. Is at the press conference yesterday where they introduced Barry Larkin as the new frontman for the Pat Williams effort to bring baseball to Orlando. I gotta tell you, Barry Lark and the guy's a Hall of Famer. He has already talked to Ron matt Manford, the commissioner of Major League Baseball, and they they've got some financing already. They've got five hundred million dollars in commitment for this baseball effort, according to the spokespeople over there, and Barry Larkin as the front man, Guys, we need to get on board with this.
Speaker 2: Hold on, are you talking about an additional team? We're getting an exist team to relocate here. Yeah, which one?
Speaker 3: Either Either there's gonna be expansion. It's the same thing. There's gonna be expansion in the next few years. There's gonna be a team out west. Everybody that's gonna go to Vegas and there's gonna be a team in the East, and that if there's you know, if there's a relocation like the Tampa Bay Rays. They're still fighting over in Tampa to get their stadium built in Saint Pete. So hey, Wed, I'm just saying this, all right, we need to get on board with this. I've looked at all these statistics. Orlando's the fourteenth biggest TV market in the country. We are bigger than a bunch of other baseball markets Denver, Miami, Cleveland, Saint Louis, Pittsburgh, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Cincinnati. We're bigger than all of those right in media well yea. And we're certainly bigger than Las Vegas. Las Vegas is the fortiest ranked TV market in the country. We're four team Yet Vegas has football, they have hockey, They're about to get baseball with the a's relocation. The NBA wants to put a team in Vegas as well. So Vegas is big enough to have four teams, and we only have one major professional sports team in Orlando. And it's good that we have MLS, but I'm not counting down among the big four sports leagues in America. You know what the difference is, Vegas has leaders that go after sports teams. We have leaders that go after Shriners conventions. That's the difference.
Speaker 2: Well, you kind of took the words in the thought process out of my mouth. The obvious answer is tell the Rais organization, Hey, we have the financing. We will build you a stadium here. Commit to this and let's get this done. Then I'll be on board. You asked us to get on board, now we need to back it. I'm not getting on board just this morning. It's not going to work. If the ras are still over there and you're trying to get a team here, they're not going to let that happen. They can't fill their stadium much. Bulldog, Come on, be realistic here.
Speaker 3: Where are two completely different markets. It's like LA has three different teams. It's different markets.
Speaker 2: They've ten times of population is us.
Speaker 3: I'm just telling you, Okay, San Francisco, for the longest time they had the A's and the Giants. They're not ten times bigger than US.
Speaker 1: Had don't have any more. Just I say, just tap the brakes on this one.
Speaker 3: Dog, you go with it.
Speaker 1: I'm holding back.
Speaker 3: That's the problem. You guys are like the politicians in the city. Oh, let's tap the break. No, let's go after it.
Speaker 2: How about that. I just told you what I I My opinion is to Green like this. If they can make that happening, yeah, let's go for it. Hey, bulldog, I see that the Magic have had to reschedule three remaining regular season home games. Did you see this story?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because of the the LA Fire. They had to obviously had to post boat some games because of the LA Fires. So yeah, everybody's it's not just the Magic, other teams are having to redo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was also the winter storms in Atlanta and New Orleans through monkey wrenches into the schedule as well. So if you had had gate tickets for the games on March twelfth, or March seventeenth, or April sixth, they all have new dates.
Speaker 3: Now. Yeah, the Magic, by the way, are played tonight on the road in Portland. Portland, of course, came to Orlando beat them last week, and the Magic need to go out there and beat a Portland team that's not very good.
Speaker 1: And speaking of the Magic, just so you guys know, I'm going to be at a Magic watch party this Saturday, Doggumen out to Tom's watch.
Speaker 2: Bar out there. Awesome, awesome, Yep, I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna be out there and started at four thirty Magic game. It's uh, let's do it people. This this Saturday four thirty to j r. Our stuff, including some b WO.
Speaker 2: Merch Magic will be facing Utah on Saturday afternoon. Hey, Bulldog, before we let you go, did you see the high school controversy brewing at one of the high school powerhouse teams in the country.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: St. John Bosco Bosco out in uh in California.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard of at high school.
Speaker 2: Their longtime coach Jason Nagro has been accused of embezzlement. Apparently, you know, the players are getting rich so he wants some of that action too. And keep an eye on this one, dude.
Speaker 3: Hey, I know high school coaches in the state of Florida who are up at because they get like a five thousand dollars stipend the coach football, right, and their players are making more in niow money than they're making the coach to tea right.
Speaker 2: Well, take a look into this one where there's smoke.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm not saying the guy's guilty, but if I was coaching, I'd be driving a Caddy all.
Speaker 2: Right bike the bull Dog Bianchi. If you want to join the campaign to bring Major League Baseball to Central Florida, you can catch him right now on AM seven forty and FM ninety six ninety game hosting open mic. Thanks for filling us in on the sports page here on JRR This Morning, Doggie.
Speaker 3: I'm is perfect.
Speaker 1: Anyone that disagrees with you probably smells bad.
Speaker 2: JR.
Speaker 3: R