Speaker 1: Five o five at the five drc DE talk station. Happy Friday, say it is a vacation.
Speaker 2: It is Friday, as confirmed by Joe Strekker with the Woohoo. Brian Thomas, her host of the five fifty five KRCY Morning Shore, wishing you a very happy Friday and inviting you to stick around all morning.
Speaker 1: Got some great guests lined up, of course.
Speaker 2: It is Friday meeting Tech Friday with Dave Dave Hatter coming up at six thirty. Harris Campaign's been changing headlines of news stories, screaming all day along about fake media, misinformation, disinformation, and there they are leading the charge. Man of the United Kingdom got twenty years in prison for a social media post.
Speaker 1: Coming to a theater near you.
Speaker 2: Larger largest data breach ever something I brought up the other day. Literally everyone, I think it was two point nine billion people got their social Security name address. It's just a whole litany of information. So I'm glad he's going to dive onto that one because what might that mean? And of course there's a lot of solutions that you have out there to protect yourself from being a victim of a hack. First thing comes to my two factor authentication and they get you know, everything that you've got, including your password. Then once they log in, it's got to go through that second level that your for example, smartphone, So you get a little code coming to your smartphone, you got to log in the number in order to log into the account. They don't have your smartphone, ergo, they can go no further than at least the effort to log in. But there's more than that, and I know Dave's going to dive on into that, providing us with very valuable information as he does every Friday. Lynn Arnold, unit commander for the Northern Kentucky Young Marine's gonna be joining the program at seven thirty talking about the fall recruiting and in October event details on that at seven thirty, followed by Cheryl Pop Love Cheryl Pop what are a great Americans?
Speaker 3: She is?
Speaker 2: She's gonna be talking about the Lunkin Airport Days taking place August thirty first through September first, and then recently released from prison for refusing a to comply with a congressionally issued subpoena.
Speaker 1: Pete Navarro Peter Navarrow.
Speaker 2: Joining the program at eight thirty to talk about his new book, The New Maga Deal, The Unofficial Deplorables Guide to Donald Trump's twenty twenty four policy platform. That'll be at eight thirty, and of course between now and then, plenty of opportunities to call in if you'd like to feel free five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk and go with pound five fifty if you have an AT and T fund at phone, and don't forget fifty five care sea dot com for the podcast had a great time talking with Jay Ratliff yesterday, among others. So just go to the podcast page fifty five care sea dot com and get your iheartmediapp by you there seeking stream the audio wherever you happen to be, including uh well Ireland, and thank you to my buddy would listen to the program in Ireland when he was on vacation over there, so they had tune in at noon, but there he was listening live given the time difference. So wherever you happen to be at any time of day, the podcast page is always there. If you can't listen to it live, let us see here. Well, I'll just start with this because it's not gonna go away, and in fact I think it's gonna get worse. So let's start with The Democrats are struggling with their problem U a problem I think is largely of their creation. Now, I remember the George Floyd protest, the anti file protests, and now we have these anti Israel protests. They're all they all take on a similar you know, visual component. They occupy areas, They you know, break things, they leave garbage laying around. They're quite often violent with people, uh, including the police department. You can go back and revisit history if you want, but I think most all my listeners are well familiar with the realities of these violent protests that the Left just doesn't really want to say no to. They encourage it by not doing anything. They try to you know, backpedal or walk this you know line between you know, trying to be supportive at the same time trying to quell violence or you know.
Speaker 1: Keep calm her heads.
Speaker 2: You saw this with the most recently the anti Israel protests, and the Democrats are still struggling that within their own party. And lots of reports about the Democratic National Convention turning into the nineteen sixty eight a redo of nineteen sixty eight maybe even worse. Why because the Democrats haven't, you know, capitulated to the anti Israeli sentiment that is festering within their own party. And I don't know if you've you're paying any attention to this. Manu Shaffic, she just recently resigned from There was Columbia University.
Speaker 1: She's the president.
Speaker 2: She was trying to walk this line allowing the protesters, then trying to get rid of them, which in the protesters and they took over campuses, they took over they did some damage to some of the buildings. The Gaza Solidarily Solidarity camp was formed on campus. And so she went back and forth and tried to appease and tried to lock down on them and ultimately lost her job. Over the whole thing they've occupied and vandalized Hamilton call.
Speaker 1: Arrests.
Speaker 2: There was all kinds of exterior pressure on the university to either appease these folks or to get rid of them. Jewish students couldn't go to class. It just goes on and on and on. And that was just one campus on one university, where this is happening on a variety of different campuses around the country. Democrats encouraged and coddled the protests movement in the wake of the George Floyd death right, so you had that as a foundation, also with Antifa as well, and that of course, you know, worked with the Democrat parties, you know, trying to convince you that we have systemic racism, we're all terrible, you know, defund the police movement. This was sort of a coordinated effort, or at least those protests helped facilitate the Democrat platform of trying to convince you and me that we live in an inherently irredeemable country that needs to be radically transformed in the socialist vision that the Democrats want for us. HM and I give credit to Kim Strassel talking about this generally speaking, Even as the movement grew more organized and militant and came to a company, it's a dizzneying array of unpopular progressive demands climate justice, divestment from Israel, transgenderism, migrant legalization. Democrats still claimed it in its full meeting. All of these varied angry protester violent organizations and their varied interest as broad as they are. And as I read that, I was thinking to myself, you know, like nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 1: At the convention, you had.
Speaker 2: Anti war folks, free speech movement folks, the students for Democratic Society. We could go on and on the litany of disparate groups joining together in anger to make the route or to make the Democratic Convention just a nightmare. Everybody wanted their own way. This is exactly what we're setting ourselves up for, or what they are setting themselves up for at their convention. Now it could go smoothly, but by all reports it probably will not. Trying to pacify those who are screening genocide Joe and Kamala Harris's name has been substituted now Kamala equals genocide. So had a lot of a lot of the signs. I mean, like recently when she was speaking to a crowd. You know, there's a bunch of anti Israel folks out there and they're telling the whole world that Kamala Harris is no different than genocide Joe, and she's going to, you know, basically embrace the policy of appeasement to Israel and assistance for Israel.
Speaker 1: Get a load of this.
Speaker 2: The Coalition to March that is the name of an organization, the Coalition to March on the DNC. I just read Kim's words, boasts one hundred and fifty groups, including Black Lives Matter, Students for Justice in Palestine. It's already coordinating buses of protesters in Chicago asking for donations for medical kits and other supplies to ensure that the March on DNC coalition can withstand the repression of the Chicago police.
Speaker 1: Sound like nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Among other groups coming in our outfits like the Samadon and behind the Enemy Lines, which she says, agitate for direct action that goes well beyond marching. I'm thinking that means violence. A recent behind Enemy Lines post reads quote. Now that the butchers of Gaza are coming to Chicago, it's time to take this political battle into high gear, which involves their words getting in the streets to actually shut down genocide Joe and killer Kamala close quote one protest plan for outside the Israeli Consulate. It's post reads quote, make it great like sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Political risk for Democrats, Ken points out, is the protest become the overriding theme of the week, swamping the goal of protecting, projecting unity and rolling out Kamala Harris. If the disorder is great enough, Republicans may be able to re energize some potent election teams Like Democrats are the party of disorder. They're soft on crime, they're anti police, they're tolerant of anti Semitism. Amen Amen law enforcement reportedly bracing for all these anti israel groups to bring tens of thousands of protesters into the DNC in Chicago.
Speaker 1: The other Democrats own this.
Speaker 2: Over at the City University or City University of New York City, the largest urban public university system in the entire country. The police officers there are really a concerned. They're talking to New York posts of the university is going to be under fire, and they have no idea what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: There's no preparation.
Speaker 2: They're worried about the return to campus in September and the concern over Jewish students and these anti Israeli folks taking over the campus and saying, look, the university isn't doing anything about it. They're not talking about it, they're not thinking in advance about prep work, nothing. I guess my point ultimately is, do you think any of these folks are going away after the election? Regardless of the election outcome, they're not going to get one hundred percent of their demands, which is the only thing they're going to be. The only thing they would accept is one hundred percent capitulation into what they're demanding.
Speaker 1: It's the reason for being.
Speaker 2: It's how I would argue, Probably they make money. Yeah, if there's no division, there's no protest, there's no protests, there's no non governmental organization out there asked with a handout asking for support, money and the salaries for their probably five oh one to three CE angry agitating organizations, I might jokingly suggest, although it may be true. So anyway, it's this is going to be a nightmare, folks. I anticipate that after the election, whether Trump or Harris gets in, these folks are going to continue to exist. So even under Harris administration, you can still see this anger and this violence, this anti semitism, and more blocking of the streets. How they block the airport in Germany again the other day. And you also have different factions moving away from the anti Israel pro hamas folks think about all the other divisive categories of folks whose organizations continue to exist and who continue to engage in this behavior and then think of a Donald Trump election. Donald Trump is friend of Israel. He is not waivered on that point. Donald Trump is pro police, Donald Trump is pro school choice, Donald Trump. You know, we could go on, so you can expect. I think a lot of this activity, in this action in the aftermath of November. So gird your loins, folks, and be prepared. Five seventeenthifty five cares to Detox station Mike. I will get your call. I apologize. I wanted to get all that out of my system before I took a break and got to mention chimney Care fireplace and stuff. Take care of your safety and safety is important, of course when it comes to your chimney. I have the personal experience on that because my old Builder Special fireplace was dangerous. You know, I had the chimney inspected, and you know Jeff Keeper from the Chimneycare Fireplace and so he's actually the owner. He came over and I was like, you know, I don't use this. It just gave me this look like heat was building up, intense heat because it wasn't inventing properly. That's the kind of thing A thorough professional inspection can reveal out went that I got a new lining, a new fireplace insert from the Chimneycare fireplace and stuff and absolutely love I Actually I was happy that I had the problem because they hated it what we had before anyway, so gorgeous new insert. You can get all kinds of inserts with the selection they have at the show rom four thirteen Wards Corner Road. But have the chimney inspected. If you're a wood burner, might need to be swept. You might have had a chimney fire. They can do relining, cap and damper replacement, literally everything and clean out your dryer vent. So they literally do everything related, including building a brand new chimney and fireplace for you and your home. Three standing stoves, wood waste pellet stoves. Just give them a call five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Learn more online. It's Chimneycareco dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Come sorry for.
Speaker 2: The nine first morning weather forecasts. What do we got today? Rain likely this morning. I slated afternoon showers a storm of eighty seven for the high slight chance rain every night, mostly cloudy otherwise seventy for the low morning rain or afternoon rain and storms Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: They say it's going to be pretty nice morning.
Speaker 2: Eighty eight for the high and overnight Saturday sixty seven, with a chance of showers and storms partly Sunday. On Sunday, showers and storms are likely after two pm and a high of eighty degrees seventy.
Speaker 1: Right now here at fifty five cair seats and talk station, I'm Kamala Harrison. I approved this message. Should I go host these.
Speaker 2: That's a new one Joe five twenty two and a happy Friday to you. Thank you Mike for holding over the break there, and welcome to the fifty five Karise Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday morning. Morning. That's on your mind? Mike.
Speaker 4: There's a long pause there.
Speaker 5: I thought, oh uh oh boy, I this DMC convention coming up with all these protesters, that this is liable to make sick look like a picnic.
Speaker 2: Well, you know you're right. Let me just interject. I think you may be right on that. Assuming this this is this unfolds the way it's been described. What do we have now that they didn't have in sixty eight? The Internet and easy organization, easy messaging, and massive funding from crazy outside forces that are more than willing to throw at a huge sum of money to even pay people to show up at events like this to disrupt things, maybe just for the sake of disruption. But yes, I agree with you on that observation.
Speaker 5: You know, in a quiet I said this before, and I'll say it again, Brian. You know, my goodness, how in the world did we get to this point? But here we are.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 5: I listened to President Trump yesterday take one question and answer the other, and I'm thoroughly convinced that he can conduct his self and the debate with the Vice President Harris. I believe he's gonna win the election.
Speaker 1: Good job, Brian, thank you, my Brad, thank you for listening.
Speaker 2: Calling in Mike, and I appreciate the kind words. And you may be right. And he did do a much better job. And he's been told by literally everybody and his brother to stay on message, and he even pointed that out in his conversation yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's like they keep.
Speaker 2: Telling me not to insult and not to respond, he said, But you know, I've earned the right to actually do that. He's like acknowledging the point that people are making so the message has gotten to him. He did have to interject a couple of comments, though, but the thing wasn't dominated by his attacks on Harris's you know color or whatever. You know, all the minutia that doesn't matter, nothing related to policy. In other words, focus on policy. You may very well win and yet and don't take debate. I can imagine in debate preparation when Donald Trump gets to finally debate Kamala Harris, assuming that they had that day, actually comes that they have the person representing Kamala Harris and the fake debates. The person is going to be just going after Trump with little barbs and subtleties and things that he normally just would immediately come unglued on, like back in during his first presidency, when he would just get on Twitter for every little common in the world was made by some random, you know, talking head over at MSNBC or CNN. He felt he had to chime in on it. They know that that is the sore spot for Donald Trump, and they're going to do anything they can to get him to react and take that bait. So I suspect the debate handlers and prep folks for the Trump campaign are going to be doing that throughout the thing and then stop and don't see you went down the road. You you took the bait. Don't do that. Let's try again start over at least I hope that's what's going on. Five on three, seven fifty two three talk coming up local story stack and stupid as well. And I want to mention plumb type plumbing because you want plumbing done right. When you're talking about plumbing in your residence, it's got to be plumbing done right. And that's what Plump Tight Tomato is. Plumbing done right. Always fair and ethical pricing and never a service charge, no mileage charge. And a lot of people are into that these days because of yeah, inflation plus with a better business bureau credited so and they are a different kind of plumbing company because they pride themselves on their excellent, exceptional customer service from the actual license and expert plumbers you're gonna get from plump type plumbing do anything, no matter how big or small. Faucets, toilets, leaky pipes, water heaters, some pumps, drain cleaning, pressure, problems with your water pressure. They're family owned and operated and been in business for I guess it's been twenty five years now. So the folks that I rely on absolutely have had them over multiple times. And you know what, Sometimes you got a plumbing emergency, you can call plumb Tight for that. Twenty four to seven five one three seven two seven tight t I T E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three Online it's plumtight dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC my Heart's yacht rob Radio BOS. Here's your weather forecast.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a well rainy morning, maybe isolated afternoon showers maybe right eighty seven for the high overnight lowes seventy with some slight chance of raining storms.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow afternoon rain and storms are possible. Eighty eight for the high overnight low of sixty seven with a chance of showers and storms. And on Sunday it's going to be showers and storms likely after two pm.
Speaker 1: Otherwise a partly sunny day with a.
Speaker 2: High of eighty Right now, seventy fifty five cars DE Talk Station. Be'st approaching five thirty here fifty five KRSD Talk Station, A very happy Friday to you. Apologies for my attitude and behavior yesterday. I just kind of felt, so I trained never to bring my troubles and trials and tribulations at the fifty five carsosee morning show. No one wants to hear my complaints. I have so few compared to the complaints and problems going on in the world, and I didn't really have any yesterday. It's just, you know, staring at this stack of just bad news, you know, this uncertain time in which we live, and looking at all these news articles and everything was just starting away on me, and I just staring at it, and I just got I don't know, angry in a way. So I kind of felt that in the back of my head all morning yesterday. So if I sounded like I was off my game yesterday, my sincere apologies. You know you deserve better than I kind of felt like I gave you yesterday, So feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty eight two three talk. Apparently, violent crime is down in the University of Cincinnati since I Police Chief three Teresa Thiji, said students should still be vigilant when walking around campus. They reviewed records between twenty twenty one and through July of this year. Violent crime has fallen in and around University of Cincinna's campus. Fiji said, if something doesn't feel right in your gut, it's probably not so change the environment in which you're in with be with a friend, at least one or two friends while you're walking, which sort of reminded me of my daughter's experience at a high state university. You know, she was robbed at gunpoint twice. My little pumpkin got her cell phone stolen. It's just it's just a terrible thing to think about college campuses. Anyway, Fox nineteen reporting on this, they took a look at the police records and found motor vehicle thefts, menacing, felonious assault, burgley, rape, and inducing panic are crimes that are regularly reported top crimes. Ninety reported car thefts last year, twenty seven car thefts reported in Cliftond this year, twenty four reported on campus in the previous two years. More than fifty assaults on Uce campus in the past two years since my Cuff neighborhood reported twenty seven assaults in twenty three, the same number reported through July of this year. She said the spike in Kia and Hyundai thefts has effected the numbers around you see. I still can't get over that they created a car that apparently is very easy to steal. So returning to campus. The school year officially starts August twenty sixth. Bottom line, be aware of your surroundings since I plased investigating after a Rumky driver was assaulted in robbed working Wednesday in University of Heights six.
Speaker 1: Thirty the morning your Vine Street.
Speaker 2: McMillan police say an unknown suspect assaulted a Rumky worker. Rumky corporate communications manager Maley Jeger Broadway. I guess speaking with Fox nineteen so the driver was also robbed the gunpoint, She explained. The Rumpkey driver sustained injuries and was taken to UC Hospital for treatment. He's since been released. Our thoughts continued to be with him. Please say they don't have any information on the suspect. Called crime Stoppers three five two thirty forty if you have any information three five two thirty forty, and we will catch ourselves a crime stopper Bad Guy of the Week. Later in the program, one man shot and another under arrest and what the police say was a domestic situation happened yesterday early nine to one one call. Police responded for a family member in the forty one hundred block A Herting Avenue near Francis at three point forty in the morning. Police Chief Jeff Patten talking again Fox nineteen, they found thirty nine year old man who was shot in the abdomen. Family members holding the shooting suspect down that them taking the UC Medical Center a good good thing was non life threatening injuries. The suspect, Joseph Oder, arrested in charge of felonious assault and domestic violence. He was taking the Hamilton County jail. Police did not say what left to the shooting. They stress that there is no threat to the community.
Speaker 1: Awww.
Speaker 2: Recreational marijuana sales are going through the roof in Ohio, but it's causing problems for medical marijuana patients. Is say they're getting priced out oh Medical for medical marijuana for medical use has been legal since twenty.
Speaker 1: Sixteen, minutes that much time gone by.
Speaker 2: But anyway, the sudden influx of buyers for recreational America recreational weed has caused a jolt in the market. That's the supplying de man reality. So medical marijuana patients now fred that the trend continues, they won't be able to buy medical marijuana for treatment. One unidentified person speaking with Fox nineteen said she used medical marijuana Ohio for years. Doesn't understand why the prices have gone through the roof. Be no more than eighty dollars for half an ounce, he said, now it's one hundred and thirty and that eighty dollars was not a sale price, it was a regular priced. Users get a lower tax race than the tax rate than the recreational users, but it is more expensive than it was just a few months ago, which is causing problems with people who are being quote unquote treated just shy five point thirty five fifty five kriss. The talks station stack is stupid. Coming up in a moment. First the word for John Ryan Prestesi Interiors. You want some a true partner in your kitchen remodeling project, and that person will be John Ryan. He has been at the kitchen remodeling game for more than thirty years, doing almost exclusively kitchens. It's what he specializes in. It had been improving the way families come together because that's you know, the kitchen is the heart of the of the family. That's it certainly is in our house and That's why I am glad when we had our kitchen remodel I was working with John Ryan because he got of the whole thing, started from scratch, had great ideas. We just thoroughly enjoy our kitchen and spend so much time there. That's why you want John working on the job. He's your partner from beginning to end, from initial design to final installation, and he'll have wonderful I ideas for you, helping you stay within your budget. As well, if you want to do a smaller project rather than gutting the whole thing, he is the man for the job for that as well. To learn more about it, visit Prestige one two three dot com. Tell John, I said I when you call him up, but first Prestige one two three dot.
Speaker 1: Com fifty five car the talk station. I'm John waldag Yes on Fridays.
Speaker 2: We always do that at this time as Joe Strecker's producer, we need you prime mistakes. That's interesting. I'm getting a lot of comments on the price of weed out on the open market five forty fig about kres to need dog station. Brewmor has that it's still a lot cheaper even if you're buying one of the stores, than well, the black market prices were back before it became legal here in the state of Ohio. Anyhow, over the stack of stupid naked. Of course it is Friday, so we've got to letting the naked folks. Let us start with a local boy again and returning to Fox nineteen. Thank you for all the reporting Fox nineteen. You're serving the show well this morning, providing us with information. Video shows the moments the police had to use a stun gun to arrest a naked guy who was breaking into a home. Drake Eaten, thirty, facing multiple charges including burglary, assault, resisting arrests. Hamilton County court records say the charges stem from a July thirty incident. Police body camera from a Green Township officer shows him walking up to three other officers as they try to arrest a naked Eaton, who records say had just tried breaking into a home. Officer in the video showed it saying, put your hands behind your back, Drake, put your hands behind your back. He looks like he looks to be resisting arrest. In the video, jumps up, takes off runny before falling to the ground. A few seconds later the video appears the show an officer discharging his stun gun. Eaton continuing to struggle with the officers court at the show. As shown in the videos, they try to gain control of his arms put him in handcuffs.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: You will not get tased again if you put your arm out, an officer warned him. He responded, no, I do what I want. Get the F word off of me, okay. He then punched an officer during his arrest the corner of the court. Records released from jail on his own recognizance Joe schedule of hearback in court August twenty third. Court report from the Coffee Sheriff's Office. Brandon Campbell, forty three of Douglas. I'm trying to figure out which state this is from, interrupted an evening church service August eleventh after allegedly hitting a woman in the head with a brick. Victim found nearby with a large gash in her head. Original call came in the woman hit a large cut on her head. When a deputy showed up, people who were at the church near the scene flagged him down. They said that while they were having church, an individually identified as Campbell enter the church, bloody and almost naked. They were able to calm him down and had him sit in a pew. Deputy went inside the church and saw him sitting in the pew quote, with significant amount of blood on him. Close quote that's in the report. Ems at the scene treaty the victim. The report said that Campbell appeared under the influence and couldn't recall what happened. When asked, the report says Campbell replied, I don't know, sir, I'm fed up. Close quote. He actually used the full word. He didn't have to comply with the FCEC. While sitting naked in church. Victim had a large gas on the side of her forehead. Said she was asleep outside in a chair when somebody suddenly somebody was hitting her. Said that someone named Brandon hit her with a brick. Witnesses added the victim had been sleeping for several hours outside that in that chair when Campbell walked up and then threw the brick at her.
Speaker 1: He was arrested charge.
Speaker 2: Of aggravated battery and remains in jail at least as the time of reporting.
Speaker 1: Georgia, Thank you, Joe. We go to Naples, Florida.
Speaker 5: As this tradition.
Speaker 2: Man arrested there after. Police say he was exposing himself and walking walking naked on Naples Beach. Why are you doing that? Let's see if we can find out courd to Naples Police Department. It was about twelve thirty in the afternoon. Officers showed up at Third Avenue North after getting a call by a man under an umbrella who was walking naked on the beach. Beach patrol specialist at officers. He saw the man, identified as Richard Mansfield, seventy four, lying naked in a chair and plaining view of beach goers. He put his clothes back on after being asked to do so by the patrol specialist. He told police and went to the beach to cool off. After the gym, officers located two black circular rings that resembled what they say, Joe, what is a general tension ring? No idea. I feel more comfortable about that now. Anyway. They found those two things laying next to where he was camped out. Now facing charge of indeian di'sposure of exposure of sexual organs, taken to Naples jail. Sorry, we go to Washington to but County, Oklahoma, where a Talala man Tallala.
Speaker 1: I guess it's a town anyway.
Speaker 2: Charged with indecent exposure after deputy said he was caught naked near a fire station. Fifty one year old Henry Barnes booked into the Washington County Jail on an indecent exposure charge. According to the affidavit, it was Monday night, Washington County Sheriff deputy responded to report of the naked guy walking around the Owens and Company fire station. Deputies arrived. They found Barnes clothed lying on the ground. He said he was trying to cool down. When I asked if he'd been walking around naked, he said he took taking his shirt off the cool down. Deputy talked to the fire chief said he saw a naked Barnes right there in front of the station around ten pm. He was arrested, booked on a ten thousand dollars bond. They let the local police assault her out here in city out on a un recognizance bond.
Speaker 1: Joe, what's going on anyway? Charged with a single count of indecent exposure five forty Make the rules, ma'am.
Speaker 5: I just think them up and.
Speaker 2: Write them down and occasionally not enforce them. Colin Electric for all your residential electric and heeds, just confidently call my friend Andrew Collen and his team of Colin Electric.
Speaker 1: They're wonderful folks there.
Speaker 2: They're superior electricians to do every facet of residential electric work like they have been doing for the last twenty five years, a plus of the better Business Bureau. Anything they do for you, from the smallest to the largest project comes with a ten year wiring warranty, so you know I'm still under warranty. The law wired up so many different projects in my home, most recently the bathroom project, but also the whole house Hulhoum home generated which was quite a project. Watched them hard at work on that one. Anyway, you're they do great work and the price is always right, So give them a ring. Cullen c U L E N. You find them online at Cullenelectriccincinnati dot com. The number is five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're listening to me right now, I have one.
Speaker 2: By fifty at fifty five KIRCD talk station Happy Friday p Tech Pride of a Dave Hatter at six point thirty Today's Day. Elvis died in nineteen seventy seven. Today's Day one of my favorite movies of all time debuted Life of Brian. How about that and the twenty twenty one Cabal airlift. Joe Strecker giving me the deats on that on the rundown this morning, So anyway back to the stack is stupid? And he asked more naked people. Today, San Antonio, Texas North Side residents are exposed to a scandalous site. Naked man seen walking his dog through the Castle Hills Forest neighborhood near Military Highway, according to the San Antonio Police Department, why are you doing that? Happening around eleven am. According to a guy named Harley water Walter is interviewed by local news there, I'm working from home today. Normally met the office, but I'm working from home. I looked out my window and saw a gentleman walking down the street with no clothes on. He was just taking a stroll, and a calm and easy stroll, and his dog was walking alongside of him. Twenty five year resident of that neighborhood and said, I thought, how dare he walk his dog without a leash? She was laughing about men make passing a joke. Said he feared the man was suffering from some kind of stroke or mental health breakdown. Neighbors shared pictures and videos with local news. According to Walter, as a group of worried onlookers declined to approach the man, and looking at the photograph, I can get a good reason why, Walter said. The other gentleman that stopped him on the streets as well, said hey, are you aware that you don't have any pants on? He said yeah, like it was no big deal and just kept on walking. Police said they were called to Georgia Road for lude conduct. Officers quickly uncovered the cause of the unsightly Offensethority say the man was high on mushrooms and they gave him a courtesy ride home. Miller said, if that's what drugs cause, then let's not do it. Man was not charged with a crime. Ah Pueblo, West Colorado, where multiple Pueblo rest residents reported a suspicious men showing up to their homes naked. Pueblo County Sheriff's officer. They called most of these instances on surveillance cameras, like ring cameras at victims' homes. Pueblo County Sheriff's office Tuesday arrested Luke Sisson for trespassing an indecent exposure. He is also a registered sex offender on probation. They continue to investigate additional reports of similar instances and we go where is this into Boston? Local activists and supporters of gender equality planning on going topless in Boston Saturday to advocate the right to equal treatment under Massachusetts law.
Speaker 1: Top Freedom.
Speaker 2: That's the name of the organization that are organized the partnership between Equality and Go Topless. Other organisations aims the challenge of Massachusetts laws to make it illegal for women to expose their breast in public while not breastfeeding. Katrina Breeze, co organizer for the protest for Equal I can't even say the actual name of the group. It's an extension on the word equality, the t ending part. You might want to draw your own conclusions on that anyway, she said. It's not about the top it's about oppression. Okay, if you're interested. Protests schedule take place this Saturday. Boston Commons starting at one pm, Participants will gather at the embraced statue and then make their way along parts of the Freedom Trail onto the State House. Our organizers hope to encourage state lawmakers to end what they described as the oppression of women's bodies by the government. According to the founder of go Topless dot org and spiritual leader of the rally in movement, no idea as long as men are allowed to be topless and public, women should have the same constitutional right, or else men should have to wear something to hide their chest. Probably a good idea for a lot of folks anyway, Joe says he supports that one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I'm with you, Joe.
Speaker 2: Participants of all genders are encouraged to go bare chested at the event. Those who would like to keep their tops on are nonetheless still welcome, and Joe is actually hoping that it's live stream you can find. Yeah, maybe March Falls. This March Falls a movement on Nantucket where residents in the winner of twenty twenty two successfully advocated for a bylaw change to anyone, regardless of gender, to go topless on beaches on that island. Saturday, getting at one Joe Fi Fi fifty five KRC detalk station. Plenty to talk about after the top of the our news and then of course Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, including the comments about the Harris can campaign, changing headlines of news stories, fake news, stick around and be right back.
Speaker 1: It's what motivates your vote.
Speaker 7: The Democrat Ragious now and they were the Racius back then.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRS the talk station, fifty.
Speaker 2: Five KRC, the talk station, A very very happy Friday to you. I'm Marian Thomas riding just director Zicker Fooster in there where he belongs in a great line up beginning at the bottom of the air with guest Tech Freday with Dave Hatter, Harris campaign, faking headlines. A man in the United Kingdom gets twenty years in prison for a social media post. The largest data breach ever, which I brought up earlier in the week. I think two point nine billion people got some very very sensitive information released and it probably includes yours. Lynn Arnold joined the program at seven thirty, the unit commander for the Northern Kentucky Young Marines.
Speaker 1: Lynn.
Speaker 2: We be talking about the fall recruiting as well as the October event that's coming up. Details at seven thirty Cheryl Pop, Great American Cheryl Pop.
Speaker 1: You talking at Lunkin.
Speaker 2: Airport days beginning August thirty first and running through September first. Peter Navara, freshly out of prison for defying a congressional subpoenas a new book. We're talking to Peter Navar about that book. It's called The Maga I'm sorry, the New Maga Deal, The Unofficial Deplorable's Guide to Donald Trump's twenty twenty four presidential policy platform. So that'll take place at eight thirty. You can feel free to call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talker go with pound five fifty on eight.
Speaker 1: And T phones. Just elaborating a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh Well, I started out the program talking about what, you know, what what looks like will be very, very unruly a LAH nineteen sixty eight Democratic National Convention because of the anti Israel, anti Semitic protest groups that are building and growing and you know, telling everybody who will listen to them that they're coming, and they will be occupying a whole host of groups who will appeased by nothing less than full capitulation, and of course, I think the Republicans are solid on this. They tend to be uniformly at least willing to accept Israel's right to defend themselves. They're not anti Israel for the most part. Of course, nobody wants war. But if you're looking for a solid a party for solid support of Israel, of course you'd have to go with the Republicans, because the Democrats are all over the board on this. Some are fully supportive of Israel, and then the other side of the ledger are these just outright anti Semites, even pro Hamas folks who think Israel shouldn't even exist. Democrats own that group, and the Democrats are the ones that have been trying to manage this problem they have within their own party and doing a terrible job of it. Look at the college campuses, for example, and look what the Democrats' position is. You know, they try to appease these folks and they tell Israel what to do, and yet it's not quite enough because of course the Biden administration still supports Israel generally speaking. They just approve twenty billion dollars in weapons sales to Israel for them over the next ten years, so you know, they're struggling to deal with this, and of course these anti Semites want their demands met. So the Coalition to March on the DNC. That's an organization, they say, that includes one hundred and fifty different groups. Among these different groups planning on showing up in Chicago, Black Lives Matter, Students for Justice in Palestine as reported, already coordinating bus loads of protesters asking for donations, money supplies to, in their words, ensure that the March on the DNC coalition can withstand the repression of the Chicago police. See back in sixty eighth, the Chicago police carried around their night sticks. They don't have those anymore. They got tasers. We'll see how they manage the crowd control anyway. Calling for direct action well beyond marching, recent behind Enemy Aligns post. Now that the butchers of Gaza are coming to Chicago, it's time to take this political battle into high gear, which they say involved getting in the streets to actually shut down genocide Joe and killer Kamala. Wow, make it great like sixty eight, said one poster, regarding the proposed protests outside of the Israeli Consulate. So opportunity exists for the Republicans to be tough on crime and pro law enforcement. And of course I think taking a strong position on Israel benefits the Republicans, of course, because the Democrats they have no idea which direction to go, So while they struggle with that. I wanted to read this lawsuit outcome because it just blows my mind what happened on the University of UCLA University of California, Los Angeles campus after the October sixth attack on Israel and the slaughter of elderly and innocence and children by the terrorist organization Hamas. Activists set up barricades on UCLA's campus, blocking access to critical education infrastructure. You couldn't get in or out. What was your college tuition being paid for? I don't know. The protesters were blocking it. So this law firm, described as a religious liberty firm representing some plaintiffs who were impacted by this Clement and Murphy PLLC. They accused UCLA of in, according to the complaint, aiding and embedding an anti Semitic culture, including what effectively became a jew exclusion zone on campus, which segregated Jewish students and prevented them from accessing the heart of the campus.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: To enter the jew exclusion zone, a person had to make a statement pledging their allegiance to the activists' views and have someone within the encampment vouched for that individual's fidelity to the activist cause. That's part of the lawsuit they went on. The practical effect was deny the overwhelming majority of Jews access to the heart of campus Wow laws to Clinton, UCLA's administration knew about the activist extreme actions, including the exclusion of Jews, but in a remarkable display of cowardice, appeasement, and illegality, the administration did nothing to stop. It sounds kind of familiar to other college campuses going around the world, doesn't it. On Tuesday this week, a federal district court in California sided with the Jewish students quote in the opinion. In the year twenty twenty four, in the United States of America, in the state of California, in the city of Los Angeles, Jewish students were excluded from portions of the UCLA campus because they refused to denounce their faith. This fact is so unimaginable and so abhorrent to our constitutional guarantee of religious freedom that it bears, repeating Jewish students were excluded from portions of the UCLA campus because they refused to denounce their faith. Judge Mark Scarzy went on in the court order, UCLA does not dispute this. Instead, UCLA claims that it has no responsibility to protect the religious freedoms of its Jewish students because the exclusion was engineered by third party protesters. But under constitutional principles, UCLA may not allow services to some students when UCLA knows that other students are excluded on religious grounds, regardless of who engineered the exclusion. Amen, they got a cat, they have an obligation. You'll pull the constitution. Why Because UCLA takes state money. This isn't a private campus where they can make their own rules. Up Tuesday's rule and said that the plane of sin others should be allowed to return to campus without facing the anti Semitic bigotry. The court ordered an injunction, which is the first in the nation, against the university for allowing an anti anti Semitic encampment to be established on campus. Now, what is UCLA saying response to this? The district's ruling would improperly hamstring our ability to respond to events on the ground and to meet the needs of the Bruin community. Really just amazes me. Now, I want you to imagine, because Jews, in addition to having a faith some do. I have many friends who actually are non religious, they are nonetheless Jewish. It is a race of people. Your genetic tests can tell you whether you are Jewish or not, or have any Jewish portion of it in you. You can't renounce your race, can you. Can you imagine if this protest refused admission to someone who was, say, Asian or black. Can you imagine the outrage, the screams and cries of absolute outright racism. It is absolutely no different in these protests. Now, you can say what you want about whether Israel is properly responding to being attacked, but to identify and exclude someone merely based upon their race, their Jewish connection, without maybe asking them if they agree with the Israeli military response or something like that. But this is an exclusion based on race, plain and simple. And the judge out you see, of course, pointed it out and in a very very very loud admonishment in that court opinion, and I applaud them for doing it. Six fifteen pat I'll get you called him inut here. I just wanted to get that out of my system before I moved on. It is time for me to mention zero Res carpently cleaning zero ressinsi dot com. You know, zero Res uses their patented ZR water is what they call it, and that just point out means it's patented and it cleans the carpets great insanely clean is what they say. But it doesn't leave any residue because it doesn't have any you know, the harsh chemicals and soaps that the other guys use. It always lead behind some kind of residue which attracts dirt over time, which is the opposite of what you want after cleaning, right, So keep your car's carpets clean, and when you're scheduling the appointment, also remember that zero Res does duct cleaning as well. And you want your ducks clean because they get all that dust and stuff in there, and so you take time to clean your house and do all the dust thing and then oh guess what, the AC unit comes on and it's all blown around your house again. So I haven't cleaned the ducks out too. That's what they do. Carpet tile, poulstery area rugs. It's zero res. Carpet cleaning online, make an appointment, It's easy to do. It's zero res. Sinsey with an eye, zero Ressinsey dot com, fifty five KRC dot com and now another insurance story from six to fifty five RRIC Detalk station. Everybody else Happy it's Friday? I know, I sure, am David. Well, there's two hang on, fat Jewish is not a raised human?
Speaker 8: Is?
Speaker 2: Aren't we all humans? Okay, yeah, it's a valid point.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it up over to the phones paths been on holiday, pat thanks for holding over the break.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the program, Happy Friday.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Brian. What's going on in Clipton? I can't believe because in sixty one, when I graduated from Houth High School, I mean even in high school, I would walk down Clifton too good Sam, where I've worked part time. I mean we walked everywhere because we didn't have cars. We didn't Teddy and I didn't get a car until a year after we were married. But this business with this country. I wrote a couple of things to Michelle. Obama said, we have to change our traditions, our history and the way we talk and think about that. Then Obama's said, we have to transform America. Is this going on now?
Speaker 8: Yep?
Speaker 6: And Joe Biden said the way forward it is to reorganize the truth in this country.
Speaker 9: I pray for.
Speaker 6: It, and I think everybody better because what we have coming into this country is not all.
Speaker 1: Good anyway, without question.
Speaker 2: And you know what, all those quotes you just rambled off, and those are excellent points. All of them sound like they were taken from an Orwell novel like nineteen eighty four, and use that as a playbook guide or at least to anticipate what's coming next, because I think they're following it. It was not intended to be a playbook. It was intended to be a dystopian nightmare projection of what the future looked like if you kept going in the direction that Orwell saw the world going back in nineteen thirty ish time.
Speaker 1: It's frightening you, right, Pat.
Speaker 6: And another Brian, we're talking about what the Jewish students are going through. It sounds a little bit like segregation exactly. Anybody who remembers George Wallace, I mean, the black people couldn't couldn't do anything until they changed it. I think that's what the Jewish kids are going through now. But all I can say, Brian is don't vote Democrats. Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 2: You Pat somewhere out there, Tom is nodding in approval. Well, I'm going to go back to the stack of stupid and it relates to campaigns and politics. You're gonna love this, folks, since that Freddy Dave Hadters. Let me right around the corner. I can go ahead and get this in Vice President Kamala Harris's website, which is devoid still of policy points, although they say tomorrow today. Rather she's going to roll out initiatives aimed at housing. We're going to get three million new houses built. She's going to implement communism and force price controls to come bad inflation on food. So just a cut little insight into what's coming up today. But still, as of right now, nothing on her website describing which direction she wants to take our country, which, going back to Pats call, I think we all know. But if you want to work for her, if you want to apply for a position on her campaign, you may select from nine different pronoun options. I've never heard of some of these folks and This is how batcrap insane that they have gone.
Speaker 1: This is the batcrap in sanity.
Speaker 2: The left provides you. You can choose normal stuff like he him or she her, and then we dive into the realm of the insane, which I've always pointed out. I will never refer to a single human being as they or them. You're not more than one person. Wake up or get some psychological help. If you think you got more than one person floating around there, go ahead and see three Faces of Eve. That's an interesting multiple personality movie in any event. Other ones include x E and x E M. He said g ZM, not to be confused with z here, which is z E slash h I R a M, which is e y slash e M. Then there's her her h I R h I R and I don't know how you distinguished her in the spelling from her as the of the the the the collective of she her.
Speaker 1: But whatever, these aren't. I didn't make these up. They did. Fay fair f A E f A E R What the hell is that, Joe, do you have any idea what that means? Thank you?
Speaker 2: And then finally who and who h U slash h U which I think they explained that one someone who wants to just identify as a human and going back to prior quotes Kamala Harris twenty seventeen, you're ready. We have to stay woke, like everybody needs to be woke. And you can talk about if you're wokest or woker, but just stay more woke then less woke. Close quote maybe the next president of the United States of America, Okay six twenty five if five KC detalk station, Lean ARROWLLC an outstanding corporate company filled with folks who spent decades at Fortune five hundred companies. They are business consultants and they know how businesses run, and they know that every business, both large and small, is a complex system of individual components that have to work together efficiently to achieve your desired performance, which I expect if you're a business and a going concern is your bottom line. But if one of these components under performs, everything suffers. You get low morale, high turnover, poor quality, late deliveries, poor financial performance. What you need is lean Eer who will partner with you to perform a business system diagnostic identifying those areas that are degrading your company's performance and then redesign a process to deliver you solid results. I mean we're talking potentially hundreds of thousands of nine millions of dollars and potential solid results depending on the size of your company. But the point is, if something's not working right in the strategy quality, sales, manufacturing, supply chain, engineering, facility, consolidation, REALM, then you are struggling. So get a lean ARROWLLC on the job, and right now, for a limited time, they're offering a complementary business evaluation if you're a qualified business. So to learn more about what lean Era can do for you and to see if you qualify, fill out the form at the website, which is lean ARROWLLC dot com. That's lean Arrow llc dot com fifty five KRC the talk station. Weather time, we have a morning rain likely is seated, afternoon storms and showers. High of eighty seven overy night with slight chance of rain with mostly cloudy skies that are dropped at seventy eighty eight. Tomorrow's isle with evening rain and storms possible. Sixty seven overnight with another chance of showers and storms and are partly sunny Sunday, but after two pm they say showers and storms are likely. Sunday's high as eighty and are high are our current temperature seventy It's time for traffic from.
Speaker 1: The uc Hell Tramping Center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities give the gift of Mike. Sign up today to be an organ doner. Highways not all that bad to deal with this morning. Northbound fourth seventy one. You're under five minutes from two seventy five into town inbound seventy four. Doing fine even with some wet roads to deal with there Chucking Vermon fifty five k R and see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six thirty fifty five KERR CD talk station. Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Great time to be tuned in the fifty five KREC morning show appointment listening with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter and thanks to Dave Hatter's company Intrust, you can find on line at interest it dot com.
Speaker 1: Business courier says they are the absolute.
Speaker 2: Best in the business when it comes to dealing with your company's needs computer wise. Welcome back, Dave Hatter, and a very happy Friday to you, my friend. I always appreciate this segment.
Speaker 11: All right, Brian, always happy to be here. Happy Friday to you and all your listeners. And you know, hopefully we're doing some good out there in the world, making people aware of the increasing insanity of our digital society.
Speaker 2: Well, and you you are, and if I'm the only person who's ever learned anything from you, I was able to rattle off the litany of things that people need to do to protect themselves because of the data breaches out there, most notably the recent data breach. And I brought this up earlier in the week on the Morning Show, knowing full well that you probably also would bring it up. The breach of two point nine billion people's very sensitive information, including social security numbers.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this this story is really bad, and the more information that comes out about it just shows you the potential impact of a breach like this. So, first off, you've got a company, National Public Data, and they I've never heard of them before, I either, most of your listeners haven't. And interestingly enough, they do background checks, which is why they have all this sensitive data. And you know, if you've gone through a background check, you know how much sensitive data they collect, things like your relatives, maybe your family members, previous addresses. So it's a treasure trove of very sensitive and detailed information about you. And here's why this particular type of information I think is especially dangerous because there's different ways that the bad guys who possess it could potentially use this information. You know, if I know every place you've ever lived, find in the names of your family, your close family members anyway, and that sort of thing, it makes it really easy to impersonate you for identity theft type purposes because I have all the information I need to fill out any kind of application or whatever.
Speaker 8: Places you've worked, you know, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Mother's maiden name, yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Mean, you know again, think about that.
Speaker 11: And then then the flip side of that is, so that's you know, in your name against someone else that you're going to have to clean up. But it also makes it really easy for someone to attack you and create an air of extra legitimacy because they know so much information about you. If you get a phishing email from your bank quote unquote, and you pick up the phone and you call them because there's some emergency or whatever, and you're talking to the hacker and they have all that information, it's going to be much easier to convince you that that is a legitimate agency than if they don't have that information.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but that because you called the number that was provided in the email as opposed to calling the regular number for the bank that the bank relies.
Speaker 8: On, which you should never do. Good point for it.
Speaker 2: You see, I learned stuff from you. I'm just making the point on that and doubling down on you on what you've taught us over the years.
Speaker 11: You should, you should, you know, always go out of band and look up a phone number that you can verify from previous communications, like a bank statement or the bank's website or something like that. But you know, again, it this is information apparently about people in the US, the UK, and Canada. You may have multiple records in there again from the background checks with multiple addresses and multiple employers and that sort of thing, but it's it's very sensitive information. Unfortunately, now this company, as recently as yesterday, has still not confirmed it. But from all the reporting I've seen and people looking at the data and what the hackers have put out, it looks.
Speaker 8: Pretty real to me.
Speaker 11: They ask for three point five million dollars for the data. It's Unfortunately, Brian, you know, there's really not much we as consumers can do about this because that's out of the bag.
Speaker 2: Pandora's box has been opened. You mean, we're stuck. It's out there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So, but what you can do, unfortunately, is you know, somewhat on you Now. In most cases, when these kind of breaches happen, you'll see the company give free credit monitoring. I strongly encourage and many of your listeners probably got the letter from Ticketmaster like I recently did that my data has been breached from Ticketmaster. You know, I strongly encourage people to sign up for the free identity theft monitor Yes, it's not perfect, you know. I've had people argue with me before, well, I'm not going to pay for that. I can do the things they do myself. I'm like, well maybe you can, but will you be disciplined enough to do it? And can you operate at machine speed like the systems they've built. Plus, with most of these identity theft monitoring services, they include attorneys to help you unwind the disaster once you've been hit.
Speaker 8: With identity theft.
Speaker 11: It hasn't happened to me, but I know several people it has happened to and it's been a nightmare for them. I mean I would call it almost like a traumatic PTSD type EXPERI without question, so you know, take advantage of.
Speaker 1: That two factor authentication.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I keep my credit frozen all the time. So yes, it's a little inconvenient if I need to, you know, use it, but you just unfreeze it, set up the fraudle or credit.
Speaker 2: And how often do you need to access I mean, if you're opening a new credit card, if you're applying for a loan or something. You know, at my age though I haven't applied from credit or a loan or anything in decades. I think it's just I don't ever ever need it other than the final what my credit score is. I've got my I've headmind frozen for years.
Speaker 11: I agree with you completely, And it's a minor inconvenience to unfreeze. It was the the amount of protection that it brings to the table. So whether you get a letter or not, I encourage you just go ahead, go to all the credit bureros, freeze your credit, set up the credit fraud alerts. Because of this breach, Now you really need to be vigilant and skeptical you know. The first step is always awareness. Any kind of communication that you get could be fraudulent, could be bogus, could be using this information to try to fish you and social engineer you into doing something. Pay extra special attention to your bank accounts, set up any kind of fraud alerts that your bank would support.
Speaker 8: And stay tuned.
Speaker 11: Again, from everything I've seen, and there's been a lot of reporting on it, this appears to be real. And unfortunately, until either businesses like this go out of business because of these breaches they can't get insurance and they go out of business because of these breaches, or until we have at least every state has its own privacy law with teeth, where there's a national private sea law that creates significant penalties for companies when this happens. Unfortunately, this isn't going to happen or it's not going to stop anytime soon. So you need to be vigilant and you need to defend yourself. And again there are some things you can do. You don't have to wait for the letter, but when you get the letter, take advantage of the free monitoring.
Speaker 2: It can't hurt, No, it can't six point thirty six for more with a couple of different topics coming up with Dave had he first foreign exchange. I love when people save money and get high quality service and products for less, and that's exactly what the point is of foreign exchange. Austin and the team at the Westchester Foreign Exchange location where they will service your traditional imported manufacturer cars, whether they're from Asia or Europe. They will give you a full warranty on the parts and service that they warranty work they do, or the parts and service on the work they do for you, so you have nothing to worry about and you won't pay as much as the dealer. That is the point of foreign exchange existence, to serve you well and charge you less for it. I've been going there for years and years, and I've tried to calculate my mind how many how much money I've saved over the years, and it's a lot of money, a lot because we have all imported cars, a couple of Germans and a Japanese car, and they've all been up and gotten the foreign exchange experience. Even my under warranty car. I save massive moneys on my oil change. Why would I want to spend four hundred plus dollars at the dealer when Foreign Exchange will do it for about two hundred.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I know it's crazy that even they have to pay two hundred dollars, but that's the point. You know, you got a German car, You're stuck with the reality. I love my car, I just don't like to pay that much for it. So that's why I go to Foreign Exchange. They treat you grade at Foreign Exchange. Westchester location is the Towersville exit off of seventy five. Go east two streets, hanging right on Kinglin and you are there. Takes you no time off the exit.
Speaker 1: Tell them.
Speaker 2: Brian said, Hi, whin you stop in? And when you call to schedule the appointment five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six online Foreign X four.
Speaker 1: In the letter X dot Com fifty five KRC, President Trump says Newsmax is terrific. Mike Huckaby says he's.
Speaker 2: Teat about KRCD talk station Happy Friday, Tech Frida with Dave Hattery. Trust it dot com, where you find Dave and the team help you out with your business related computer issues. Why is artificial intelligence Tom Cruise problem. Why does that mean it's doomed to fail? Does artificial intelligence actually do reasoning or are they simply parroting what has been programmed into them? Is there anything going on there by way of rational thought?
Speaker 11: Dave Hatter, Yeah, I thought this was an interesting topic to talk about, Brian, because we've for the past several years heard nothing about AI. Lots of hyperbole on both ends of the spectrum. We're going to We're close to utopia or Skynet is about to come alive.
Speaker 8: And wipe us all out right.
Speaker 11: We've talked about this multiple times now and over the past I would say six months, the veneer of these large language models, things like chat GPT have started to wear a thin and a lot of people have started to point out that maybe these things are not all they're cracked up to be. Some very well known people in the field, people that are way smarter than me and are working in the field every day. A guy named Gary Marcus in particular, has really been pointing out a lot of the flaws, like I'm about to get to here. So, while there's still a lot of hype out there on both sides of it, and AI isn't going away. It's already embedded into a lot of things, and it does bring a lot of potential benefits in a lot of ways. The idea that what we're seeing today is going to keep exponentially leaping large language models anyway and somehow going to become a sini it being, I think, is quite laughable. And this article does a really good job of pointing this out. It's called the reversal Curse and the business And basically the author of this article uses Tom Cruise as a perfect example. Most everyone knows who Tom Cruise is, right, very famous, lots of stuff being written about in for decades. So when you train these large language models with the content that's already out there, that's how they work. You feed it with content, and that's its own separate controversy, the scraping of other people's copyright and so forth. So it's easy to go in and ask one of these chat GBT type AI engines a question like who is Tom Cruise's mother, and most of the time it will be able to answer that question. But when you flip the question around and say who is Mary Leeffifer's son? Now, interestingly enough, I would not have known that Mary Leefiffer as Tom.
Speaker 1: Her before I talked to you and read this article.
Speaker 11: And that's the problem, right, because that is much less often in the content that they used to train these things. The large language models either don't have that information at all, or they can't reason backwards.
Speaker 8: Even if it says.
Speaker 11: Mary LEEFI Forr's son is Tom Cruise, it can't take that and reason backwards too. Well, then that means that you know Tom Cruise's mother is Mary Leef Pfiffer.
Speaker 8: Does that make sense before I go on?
Speaker 2: It does to me, But then again, I've read the article, so I know exactly where you're coming from.
Speaker 1: I can't speak on behalf of my listeners.
Speaker 11: We well, hopefully that's making sense to people. And it points out that, you know, at the end of the day, you take all of this content and you're dump it in these models, and then it uses probability to associate words with each other and when you prompt it that's the official technical name for asking a question. You know, it's using these probabilistic algorithms to figure out, well, this word goes with that word more often than this other word based on probability, It puts this stuff together. The point they're making is it's not doing anything like human reasoning, and you start to see the limits. And if you get deeper into the article, you know, it starts to point out lots of other types of things along the lines of reasoning.
Speaker 8: That it just can't do.
Speaker 11: So again, I think the hype is starting to fall.
Speaker 8: Away from this stuff very quickly.
Speaker 11: You know, when you look at the cost that goes into supporting these things, there's lots of questions about that, and the electricity. I know you guys were talking about that the other day on there. I you know, again, this stuff isn't going away. And I don't want to downplay for folks that when you understand what's something like a chat ept or AI's groc can and can't do it can be a powerful tool to help you become much more productive when you understand its limits. But the idea that these things are suddenly going to come become sending it take away everybody's jobs and so forth, when you look at it and this context is really quite laughable. And I think you're going to see the bubble on this particular topic burst.
Speaker 1: You know, we'll not find that we welcome information. I like that. I hope that you're right on that.
Speaker 11: I do too, actually, because again there's these things have benefits, but the hype has been this has been one of the most hyped up things I can remember in the recent past in terms of tech, and these cycles come and go, you know, but this one has been quite insane, and I really think the bubble is about to burst and people are starting to realize that while you can get some amazing benefits out of this, it's not going to be the thing that wipes us out.
Speaker 8: Now. I'm not saying there's.
Speaker 11: Not some other AI somewhere I haven't seen, or other approaches to it that might not get us the sky net, but it's not going to be these large language monks.
Speaker 2: Fair Enough, we're going to find out why the Department of Justice has charged a Nashville man. Coming up next, one more with Dave Hatter. First, though, imaging can be affordable as long as you don't get to the hospital imaging department, where it'll cost you thousands of dollars, probably out of your own pocket because the insurance coverage well won't manage to cover your out of pocket responsibility. And when you get a bill for five thousand dollars in your response for for ten percent or twenty percent, or you have that ninety five hundred dollars out of pocket liability before your insurance even kicks in. That can be a challenge to a lot of people, even if you have the money, Why would you want to spend that kind of money when you can go to affordable imaging services where the most expensive image and every image they do, comes with the radiologist report, a board certified radiologist report that you and your doctor get within forty eight hours. The most expensive image is an MRI with a contrast and it's only six hundred and forty five dollars with no ops, no extras, everything includedvot over to a great comparison to lung screens ninety nine dollars. A cardiac scoring ninety nine dollars. Ultrasound is two hundred and fifty bucks. Compare that to d thousand that the hospital will charge. Now you know exactly why it's better to go to affordable imaging services, and you do have a choice.
Speaker 1: You can go where you want.
Speaker 2: Your doctor's going to strongly encourage you go to the hospital imaging department. But that hospital probably owns his or her practice. Of course, they want to keep the money in house and make big fat bank profit. And I like to always point out Affordable Imaging is a profitable entity that only charges this low amount for the scans. So go where it's going to do you a great a great service to your bottom line. Five one three seven, five three eight thousand, same kind of equipment five one three seven, five three eight thousand.
Speaker 1: Find more online.
Speaker 2: Go to Affordable Medimaging dot com fifty five KRC between the Lines Far Beyond Sex fifty one if you have KRC Detalk station. Brian Thomas closing out a six o'clock hour with one more segment with Tech Friday's Dave.
Speaker 1: Hatter, And here's a real frightening story.
Speaker 2: You want to talk about a Department of Justice charging a Nashville man for helping North Koreans get tech jobs here, Yeah.
Speaker 11: Brian, this the reason why I wanted to talk about this is twofold.
Speaker 6: Ay.
Speaker 11: It goes to show you as a point that I'm trying to make all the time about the creativity and ingenuity of the bad guys. Now in this particular case, North Korea is getting people jobs in the US and Canada and other Western countries primarily to raise funds.
Speaker 8: For their government. So you've got a guy in.
Speaker 11: Nashville who's got PCs set up that the bad guys are remoting into. So they're applying for jobs, they appear to be coming from Nashville. Think VPN type thing, right, and when they're quote working, they appear to be coming from this site. Now he's getting paid, you know, some kind of cut of this thing. But just think about that for a second, and how bad and scary that is that you have one of our fundamental adversaries that is running a scam like this to generate money for their government, and one of our citizens helping them. But here's the really scary part that I think most people will not connect on their own. Now, we saw the CrowdStrike, or as some have called it, the crowdstroke incident. And the numbers I've seen so far are just in the fortune fifty companies and the nine million machines that were bricked. It's five point four billion. It's the estimated cost. We see Delta suing for five hundred million. Now imagine for a second, Brian, if a North Korean hacker or a Chinese Communist Party hacker or whomever were pretending to be an American citizen working from America and got hired at Microsoft or CrowdStrike or any one.
Speaker 8: Of these companies.
Speaker 11: But I liked it like or yeah, because if you think about it, Microsoft would be the holy grail for this kind of attack. Now imagine they're working at Microsoft and they're working on and now again, these people went through background checks.
Speaker 1: You know, this was.
Speaker 11: All done with the help of this to make it appear that they were legitimate. Right now, they're working at Microsoft, and they purposely put in a back door that allows our adversaries to brick all billion Windows computers, not just n word.
Speaker 8: Can you imagine Think about that for a second.
Speaker 11: So in the business, this is called an insider threat. You have someone inside your organization. You know, it's one thing for hackers to hack away and get in and try to gain privileges and access and so forth. It's another to have someone inside your organization that has access, has administrator level access or can get it and the acknowledge that they need to get it. Now they're inside, they have the keys to the kingdom. So now I'm a I'm a Chinese Communist Party agent working on behalf of the Chinese Communist Party. I build a backdoor into Windows and roll it out again. This is I know this probably sounds a bit far fetched to people.
Speaker 2: What you're the one that does programming, you're in the tech world. If you say it's possible, I know that you're speaking the truth, Dave Well, and.
Speaker 11: This just goes to show our enemies are operating in ways that are not obvious to people. And when when I say things like the Mico Hipponent quote we're no longer securing computers, we're securing society. Or former NSA director Paul NAKASONI, you know cybersecurity or is cybersecurity? Is national security. This is the kind of thing people have to think about. It's not just well, you know, my business got shut down with ransomware and I lost some money. As we look at these critical infrastructure type agencies, as we look at people that have defense secrets or trade secrets that will be very valuable to our opponents around the world, this is the kind of links that they'll go to. And again, if their intent is not just to make money and or steal secrets, but it's to actually manipulate the software that makes our whole world run. Now and again, I want to put a plug in Central bank. Digital currency bad in every way. Imagine a digital only society, no actual physical currency, and everything goes down where it's an accident or a cyber attack because some insider set it up that way. Total disasters. So again I encourage you.
Speaker 2: You're talking about global economic shutdown. You're talking about riots, violence, chaos in the street, no electric grid, no computer capabilities, no computing, no work being done, no salaries being paid, every fund coming to a shrieking halt. Yeah, that's that's worth paying attention to, Dave. But the powers that be are in front of this because quite often, you know, as you reveal on this segment of the program, they are not in front of this. They are, you know, as you point out, designing to hurry up and get whatever product it is out without thinking about security and keeping that in the forefront of their mind. It should be the first priority in all things and in all ways.
Speaker 8: You're exactly right, Brian.
Speaker 11: I mean, we've we've crossed the rubicon in terms of reliance on this technology. It's in everything now, everything is interconnected. We rely on it for every aspect of our lives. And yes, we have got to get to a place into scissors credit.
Speaker 8: They've come up with a program.
Speaker 11: It's voluntary, but I encourage you know, everyone should get get on board with a secure by design, the idea that you're going to be focused on making.
Speaker 8: Software that is secure and robust.
Speaker 11: And resilient first and foremost at the expense of everything else, because our whole frigging society relies on this stuff.
Speaker 8: I have that kind of mentality.
Speaker 2: Amen, bold underline, exclamation point, all the above, Dave Hatter interest I dot Coms where you find them. Thank you for sponsoring the segment and providing this extremely valuable information. Hopefully people stare on their toes and avoid problems as a consequence of what you tell them.
Speaker 1: Dave, you're a good man.
Speaker 2: I'll look forward to next Friday in another segment, and between now and then, best of health to you and the crew at Interust.
Speaker 8: Always my pleasure, Brian, I look forward to chat with you next Friday.
Speaker 2: It's six fifty sevens to ground bottom the next hour. Len Arnold, you knit commander for the Northern Kentucky Young Marine's going to join the show talk about fall recruiting at an October event, or to talk about after the noons.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back.
Speaker 12: I don't care about anybody else, it's what motivates your vote.
Speaker 7: There ole perverted and they're trying to the storm our fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRC the talk station. This reported.
Speaker 2: Seven oh six if at the ipr C the talk station by Thomas wishing a very happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Stigure out.
Speaker 2: At the bottom of the hour, we're gonna be hearing from Lynn Arnold. Haven't heard from her a while. Unit Commander northn Kentucky. Young Marine's gonna be talking about fall recruiting as well as an event coming up this October, continuing sort of a theme along those lines. One hour from now, the true Patriot she is Cheryl pop returns of the morning show to give us some information about the upcoming Lunkin Airport days and at a thirty, freshly out of prison, Peter Navarro for defaia a congressional subpoena. He's got written a new book, and we'll talk with Pete Navarrow about the new MAGA deal. The Unofficial Deplorable's Guide to Donald Trump's twenty twenty for policy platform. So that should be an interesting conversation, and I'm looking him forward having Peter on the program. I always enjoy hearing from you. If you'd like to call, feel free to do so. If I won three seven, four, nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three, talk or go with Town five fifty on AT and T phones. Today, Today's the day. Apparently Kamala Harris is going to be rolling out full on socialism. Price controls is what she wants to engage in in order to bring down the cost of groceries for you. Let me give you a quote from Senator Rick Scott along those lines, because he makes perfect sense. And obviously kam Kamala Harrison not a big student of history in other countries where they have tried price controls. So tomorrow, this was yesterday's statement from Senator Scott. Tomorrow, VP Harris, person who has never built a business, doesn't understand profit and loss, never had never had to meet payrolls, who's never competed in a consumer market, is going to propose federal price controls. It should terrify every American. She claims that Congress needs to be banned price gouging, which is already widely ill leg and is not the cause of high prices. Skyrocketing prices created by the Biden Harris administration are not price gouging.
Speaker 1: It's inflation.
Speaker 2: Or solution to the Harris price hikes she caused is big government on steroids, where Washington bureaucrats stick their hands into Americas and businesses and say what they can and can't sell a product for. It never works because it causes companies to make much less of something, destroying the supply and causing mass shortages of goods. One day in a middle school economics class would teacher those basic principles. Unfortunately, it's not surprising to see such dangerous and clearly flawed proposal come from a career politician who's never run a business. Getting inflation out of control will happen when the federal government stops recklessly spending money it doesn't have, when we finally beat back the destructive war that Biden Harris administration has waged on US energy, which has made the cost of everything go up. Senator Rick Scott Amen Rick, So that's today's policy proposal roll out out, not on her site yet, and she's also going to deal with the shortage of housing. I'm really wondering how now she's planning on dealing with a housing shortage laws of supplying to man housing costs too much. She says, we need to have affordable housing. We need to give incentives for people to make affordable housing. Someone please let me know. Like taxing the rich, what is it to be rich? Also, what does it mean? What does affordable mean? And can you even like in California around San Francisco area, there is nothing remotely affordable if toy have like average houses like a million and a half or more. I don't know how anybody in any service sector can afford to live anywhere near the city that they may work in San Francisco. So what is affordable in San Francisco? And if you went and you wanted to build something that was affordable, like let's say tiny homes, Okay, you first have to find the land. Land comes at a premium in San Francisco, right, And if you build something in San Francisco hard to hear. I think I know what my home is worth here. If my home was stuck anywhere in the city region or general suburban region surrounding San Francisco, it probably would be worth like five million dollars. That's not because I live in a giant, lavish home. But even if you took a tiny home, a tiny home that you could buy on Amazon, right, go ahead and look them up. They sell them on Amazon, and you can get them as low as twenty thousand dollars, as can shipping container type homes. But if you plopped it down on a piece of land in San Francisco, the price tag for that twenty thousand dollars home would end up going through the roof because land is in short supply, and there's all kinds of rules and regulations about who can build and what can be built. So you've got a major hurdle on your hands just dealing with a practical phenomenon of well location, location, location, So good luck with that one. And if there's a sufficient demand out there, and there certainly is because there's a housing shortage, don't you think the law of capitalism would kick in. Where there is demand, people will build. If you build it, they will come. Well, have already come to the table. They're just looking for something that's been built. There's a built in market in the housing industry. So anyway, a very complicated problem. We'll see how Kamala Harris chooses to deal with it. And school choice, I've got two articles here, and thanks to the Wall Street Journal, I can connect to both of them. Republicans for an in large part, I don't know any Republican that I've ever talked to, or there are policy platforms it does not include at least approval of the concept of school choice along some spectrum allowing you, the parent to choose where your children go to school rather than forcing you in to public school. And it's an important conversation to have, and I think that the Democrats lose on that even within their own folks, most notably black community, who typically votes in very, very sizable percentages for Democrats. And there's a great op ed by Joshua Robertson you can read it the full thing yourself. Black voters demands school choice. He's a senior pastor of the Rock Church, Harrisburg, Pennsylvanian, founder and CEO of Black Pastors United for Education. He speaks about the days when black voters were subjected to racist literacy tests before casting, about being quizzed on state history and required to guess the number of marbles in a class yard. Thankfully those are gone, he notes, Yet we now encounter new disenfranchisement in the form of politicians to expect our support but deny our overwhelming desire for education freedom for our children. Black voters have repeatedly especially support for school choice, with nearly eighty percent endorsing policies like education savings accounts of vouchers. That's according a Morning Console polling also notes pulling by real Clear opinion research also shows that black voters supports school choice more than any other race. Clearly, our communities want our children to have the same opportunities as others, regardless of race, geography, or socioeconomic status. We need courageous leadership that will equip our students to thrive. Kamala Harris and her running mate Tim Walls are widely courting black voters. They hear firsthand the same people that we as pastors and community leaders here from. But do they listen to these constituents when it comes to education freedom. The answer ay resounding no. Waltz refused opportunities to work with the legislative past education savings accounts or vouchers. He said, we are not going to defund our public schools. The author calls out a gross misrepresentation of essays and chers Black families don't want to harm our public schools financially. We want to properly fund public schools and education freedom. At the same time, it's possible if our leaders don't pay politics. Voters of both parties have spoken in favor of school choice. Why aren't the leaders who want our support listening. We need to elect leaders who have the compassion as well as courage to enact with the wishes of the people. We need elect leaders who give our votes meaning by hearing our voices and protecting our values. We need to force political leaders to earn our votes without backing school choice. How are we going to accomplish the great American task of equality? Instead of Trump and Harris won our votes. Let them prove there and our voices respect our values and are determined to secure our future. Are we respecting the legacy of those who fought for our civil rights if we put up with lawmakers who receive our votes but refuse to guarantee our children the educational freedom they need to rise and thrive. Great question, well stated. Then pivot over to the other article from the editorial board.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can read it for yourself.
Speaker 2: The whole thing which I'm not going to do is systemic test racism in Chicago. Let me start with what was the article concluded on The data shows that in twenty twenty two, nine nine, single digit nine percent of Chicago's black eighth graders were proficient in reading. It gets worse, four percent were proficient in math. That's according to the National Assessment of Education Progress, nine in reading and four in math. Now, recently, the Chicago Teachers Union president was interviewed by local radio station up There WVN. She was asked to respond to union's critics, the Teachers' union critics who are concerned that so many of Chicago's students aren't reading or doing math at grade level single digits. Her response, well, the way in which we think about learning and think about achievement is really and truly based on testing, which at best is junk science rooted in white supremacy. If you have another hour, she said, I can get on into why standardized tests are born of the eugenics movement, and the eugenics movement is always sought to see black people as inferior to those that are non black. You can't test black children with an instrument that was born to prove their inferiority.
Speaker 1: Now, struggle with that if you will.
Speaker 2: And maybe because I remember back in the seventies, there was this ongoing effort to take out, you know, the sort of whiteness from standardized tests. That there were, you know, questions in the sat and Act that you know, only white suburban kids could have any connection to an answer. That stuff has long since been eradicated. But moving over to math, where in Chicago four were proficient in maths. In math, now, if you have a standardized test, let me ask you, and you can call to explain to me, how in the hell is it that the concept of two plus two equals four, or the quadratic equation or any other mathematical concept is racist. Is the math different for people of different races? Is there a different system of calculating the accuracy of numbers when added, divided, multiplied? I mean, seriously, it's science. Now, if you want to move over to a sociology test, or if you want to move over to some essay based test or some you know, maybe language tests, you might have some sort of argument that there's injustice, or it's white or whatever. But when talking about math here, don't tell me a standardized testing in any way, shape or form possibly be racist. It's math, damn it. And it's the editorial board points out. You know this is certainly convenient for the union because it absolves teachers, this concept that just simple testing alone is racist. It absolves teachers if any responsibility for failure. If the tests are racist, then black students are doomed to fail. Therefore, failure is inevitable, and it doesn't matter how or what is taught in school. So I'll give the union a big raised no matter how students perform. Who's the real systemic racist here? They ask rhetorically, and I love this. One of the callers called in. They quoted this call in response to that statement. A black woman called in. I want to say, as a parent, standardized testing, we're not ready to move beyond that right now. How can we say that it's a racist tool. It might be, but let me say this to you. I've passed every standardized test and I want my children to be able to do it too. Seven eighteen nine and four. Folks. They're paid handsomely, and it breaks my heart, and it worries me for the future of our country. And they're not the only school district with testing scores this far down in the toilet. I feel sorry for each and every one of those children. They have just been done a Bit's been a grievous, grievous disservice to them. Seven nineteen fifty five KRC ME talk station. Gett into twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and eleven and an outstanding firearms store and in range. And if you haven't gone to twenty two three, that's time to do it, because you get some free swag. Show up for the first time shoot on the range. You'll have an option for some free swag while supplies last. You're gonna want to be there anyway, safest, cleanest, most awesome gun range. And it's run by and owned by the best people on the planet. Wendy and Jeff are truly wonderful folks. You'll enjoy the supporting their business is going to put a smile on your face. I know I am a supporter of their business, not just because I speak for them. I've made lots of purchases at twenty two three and I've shot on the range a whole bunch, and if you've been there, you know exactly what I'm talking about. Bring someone who hasn't shown up before. They will shoot for free on your lane and you both will get some of the free swag again.
Speaker 1: While at lasts.
Speaker 2: To learn more about the store, which is located on Route forty two between Mason and Lebanon, I just go to twenty two three dot com. There's membership options, there's events that go on throughout the week, and of course all the other information right there.
Speaker 1: About the classes.
Speaker 2: Twenty two number followed by the word three spelled out twenty two three dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five krc man, if you're suffering from a wreck to.
Speaker 2: A farum got rain this morning, isolated afternoon showers and storms possible eighty seven for the HIGHI day. Over night we have it's like chance of rain, a little of seventy Tomorrow afternoon or evening.
Speaker 1: Rain and storms.
Speaker 2: They say it's going to be decent morning, the eighty eight for the hot tomorrow down to sixty seven overnight with more opportunities for rain. And on Sunday, a partly sunny day than after two they say showers and storms are likely seventy degrees right now.
Speaker 1: Let's hear about traffic from the uc UP Trampic Center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans whiting on an organ transplan are from multicultural communities. Give the gift of live sign up today to be an organ donor. Eastbound seventy four Cruise are working with an accident at one twenty eight that's on the left shoulder and the looks like the left lane is going to be blocked off eastbound seventy four with a new accident just before you got the seventy five and it's backing traffic up to Montana quickly. Cruise continue to work with a wreck on four Bubo's Sharon and on New Haven at Patty's Run Chuck ingramon fifty five kr SE the talks.
Speaker 2: Te twenty four to fifty five Kercity talk station putting an explanation point in the absurdity of what the Chicago's Teachers Union president is saying. The union described as a top donor to Chicago maraor Brandon Johnson campaign, and they're looking for him to support their contract demands. Going back to the exclamation point, nine percent of Chicago's eighth grader's proficient and reading and four percent are proficient and math. The contract demands include salary based salary increases of ninety percent annually, along with initiatives from new housing to environmental initiatives, which you know, it's so important for the Teachers'.
Speaker 1: Union to get engaged in that kind of crap.
Speaker 2: And the journal points that if that contract is approved, it could add an average of fifty one thousand dollars in additional pay per teacher by twenty twenty eight. That fact coming from the Illinois Policy Institute. There you go, that's what you want to reward that excellence in teaching that they're so great at at the Chicago school districts. Seven twenty five right now, if you have a care cy the talk station we're in here from Lenn Arnold, you need a commander at Northern Kentucky Young Marines fall recruiting and an October event. She'll give us the details on that in the next segment. It's seven twenty five right now, and I get to mention and strongly recommend Fastened pro roofing my dear friends at fast and Pro they take great care of you if they do roofing work. The place will be cleaner when they leave them when they got there. They do mine and take good care of your yard and your landscaping. Unlike some other roofers. I have seen some obnoxious roofing sites over my years. You know, trubs crushed and litter and debris laying around. You don't have to worry about that ever, but it starts with a free roof inspection and if you need work a free quote. The quote will be great, the work will be absolutely superior. They do wonderful work and the best news you can get is a fast and pro roofer coming off the roof sand everything is fine right now and give you some idea about what's left in terms of the life of your roof. You need a new roof replacement to go with shingle all. They do all types of rus both residential and commercial, but if you're getting a shingle replacement, they'll automatically upgrade you at no cost to the certainty landmark pro fifty year shingle. They do more than just roofing, but gutters and gutter guards and siding work and other exterior projects, and solar panels and skylights. It's just literally everything and the work could not be better. So trust my aplus with a better Bureau of business, better business bureau of friends the honest professionals at Fasten pro Roofing for that free inspection. Call them up five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five seven seven four ninety four ninety five online Fasten fst N Fasten pro Roofing.
Speaker 1: Dot Com fifty five KRC another insurance.
Speaker 2: Rain is likely this morning and we have isolated afternoon showers and storms today with a high up eighty seven going down to seventy overnight with a slight chance of rain Tomorrow PM chances of rain and storms. Otherwise a decent morning with a high of eighty eight during the day, sixty seven overnight chances of showers and storms. Of course, on Sunday at partly sunny day with showers of the storm showing up sometime after two PM.
Speaker 1: High of eighty It's seventy. Down time for traffic from the UCLP Tramfic Center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans whiting on an organ transplant are from multicultural communities. Give the gift of live sign up today to be an organ Donor east Pound seventy four. Cruise are working with an accident at one twenty eight that's on the left shoulder and the looks like the left lane is going to be blocked off eastbound seventy four with a new accident. Just before you got the seventy five, it's backing traffic up to Montana quickly. Cruise continue to work with a wreck on four Babo's Sharon and on New Haven at Patty's Run, chuck Ingramont fifty five krsee the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven point thirty here fifty five kr a se the talk station is very very happy Friday to you. Gotta love those Marines and gotta love the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. We're gonna learn all about them right now. Lynn Arnold, the unit commander of the North the Cooky Young Marine, joining the program to talk about that organization as well as some events that are coming up. Lynn, Long time, no speak. How have you been agree too long?
Speaker 4: It's been very well, sir.
Speaker 8: How about you?
Speaker 1: I've been fine. And how's your daughter doing?
Speaker 13: She's doing very well. Her and my son are both they're both living their best lives. Glad to be part of the country not near here.
Speaker 1: Glad to hear that. Didn't mean to throw your curve ball.
Speaker 2: It's just been a while since we spoke and running to each other, so I just thought i'd asked the polite questions to start off before we learn about the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. Tell my listeners all about this, and I understand this is not an organization that necessarily pushes young people into the military. It's more of a well an understanding appreciation of the nation's freedoms and liberties that were, of course guaranteed and granted by those who have served in the military.
Speaker 7: Have I got that right, yes, sir.
Speaker 13: And actually I have Young Marine First Sergeant Abby Smith here with me. She was a fifteen year or sixteen year old from Beechwood High School, and I'm going to let her explain the program a little bit to you.
Speaker 2: Well, let me start by congratulating Abby Smith, who's got the Distinguished Order of Merit, which was awarded to her in April this year, as the highest award a young Marine can earn. Congratulations Abby, and welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, sir. I'm really excited to be on here today.
Speaker 2: Oh you Marines and your sirs don't. You can take easy liberties with me. You can call me Brian if you want. That's great. Anyhow, I appreciate your your showing of respect and I'm not worthy of it. So how did you get involved in the Young Marines and other Kentucky Young Marines?
Speaker 3: Well, sir, I've always wanted to join the military. It's been a passion of mine ever since I can remember, and so many people kept suggesting, oh, well, you have to join the Young Marines if you're interested in this, And as soon as I joined, I just couldn't stop and I've been with it ever since.
Speaker 1: What drew you to?
Speaker 2: I mean, I understand your desire to become a marine, but the how was it that you connected so completely right out of the gate with the Northern Kentucky Young Marines.
Speaker 1: What was the experience like?
Speaker 3: Well, sir, I actually want to go into the Navy currently, but I think the reason I went so far and I connected so easily with this unit is it's like a family and you just get to know these people so well and they push you to be the best person you can be, and with that support you can do anything.
Speaker 1: That is amazing.
Speaker 2: So what are the I think the young Marines, as I understand from the materials, you meet every other Saturday between eight forty five and three pm at the VFW post on East forty seventh and Covington. And so we're going to put all those details up on the blog page fifty five herecy dot com. But what do you talk about? What was what kind of activities do you engage in during that period of time.
Speaker 3: So in our unit, which is one of nearly two hundred and fifty across the country, we focus on a few things. Every single drill, we do closer to drill, which is the marching you usually see. We do physical fitness in our unit. Are we're a focal point for drug demand production, which means we're tae youth about the dangers of drugs, trying to keep them away from it. We learned military American history. We try to teach our young kids as much history as they can know, especially a history that is not being taught in schools.
Speaker 2: You know, I just want, yes, I know, it's just always got to say that. It warms my heart that that gap in the education system is actually being filled here in the northern Kentucky Young Marines spot. It also illustrates a profound disappointment that our American education system does not include these core fundamental principles that we should all know. I mean, that was the point of the American revolutions and still these freedoms and liberties in the American people, and they don't even teach that reality in the meantime where they're eroding all of our freedoms and liberties. I'm glad to see you're countering now with the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. Wow, and you're a can I ask, how old are you Abby?
Speaker 3: I'm sixteen, sir. Okay, see, I'm sorry, mister Thomas.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, please, you don't need to do the serves. I'm just embarrassed by that. But I don't want to know any much specific because I don't want to criticize anything wrongly. But you obviously are aware in the gap of the education system teaching this important American history. Was it your personal experience at whatever school you went in that they did not teach.
Speaker 3: That somewhat something we certain teachers have to try their best to teach what they can, but it's hardly lacking, especially in our younger education, middle school, going into high school, We're not learning much about our American history. We're learning about the world, the European side of history, just not about our own country and what it was founded upon.
Speaker 1: Wonderful.
Speaker 2: That explains it, wonderfully because I had a feeling. You know, there are some great teachers out there who love to incorporate these concepts into their teaching. But you're lucky if you get one of those. It is not apparently a part of the broader curriculum for the K through twelve students, and that is the sad thing. So God bless the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. I'm gonna pause right now because I know you have some events you want to explain to my listeners that are coming up, and then people are gonna want to participate in. So pause. We will bring back Abby and Lynn Arnold in a moment.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 2: Let me pause for a moment and talk about Peter Shabia Kellerwilliams Seven Hills. Because you need a great real estate agent, buyer's agents, seller's agents. You were in the best possible hands when you get in touch with the Shabrie group of Keller Williams seven Hills. Since Andy's number one real estate group for sales, their mission is a five star experience for you and you will get one. I talk about the programs all the time, and I just think it's a neat thing that I call it to get out of dodge program because showing a home can be a pain. Now, you may, you know, get more people seeing it, you may get more of a price out of it. But if you're interested in just leading, you got a job waiting for you elsewhere. You don't want to deal with the headaches and hassles that are a headache and hassle and showing home, then just call Peter Shabia Kelliwiams seven Hills. So come to your place within forty eight hours. You'll have a cash offer right there. Means from today you can be gone out of here wherever you're on, to your your wife within less than three weeks. This an awesome opportunity, just one of the many offers and programs that the Shebri Group is offering for you to guarantee that five star experience which you will certainly get. To get in touch with them two ways, same number. Just don't put five to one, three put a seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Then add the five to one three when you're dialing them up five one three seven zero eight three.
Speaker 1: Thousand fifty five KRC.
Speaker 10: It's the Marketers report today.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Rain is likely this morning and isolated afternoon showers are possible. Eighty seven for the high down of seventy overnight, with another chance of rain and storms evening, rain and storms tomorrow, eighty eight for the high overnight. It's more showers than storms possible. Sixty seven overnight Sunday is going to be partly sunny and showers and storms showing up after two pm.
Speaker 1: High have eighty Sunday at seventy one degrees. Right now, time for traffick from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplant from multicultural communities give the gift of vibe. Sign up today to be an organ owner. Arec just keep coming this morning? He spound seventy four left lane's blocked off well the wreck before you got the seventy five traffic backing up past Montana. He's spound on the Rigan Highway e wreck before you got to went and backs traffic past Hamilton Avenue in southbound seventy five. There's an accident near Middletown, backing traffic towards Franklink.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KOC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty Here fifty five Krcity talk station, we get one more short segment here with my guests from the Northern Kentucky Young Marines, Lynn Arnold, who's the unit commander there and award winner. She is Abby Smith, recipient of the Distinguished Order of Merit, which is the highest award a young marine can earn. Abby, you just want to congratulate you again on that and let you know that you're already getting some recruiting. My submarine or friend Mike, who proudly service country on a submarine his entire service, said, Hey, women are serving on submarine, So since you want to join the Navy, he's putting in a plug for you to get on a sub So you have that option something that I couldn't do, Abby, But you know that's the luck to you in your future career in the and future service in the America's Navy. Let's talk about some of the events oh by the way, folks, it's NKY Young Marines dot Com.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: Joe will put the link up on the blog page fifty five Casey dot com, Abby or Lynn either one. We got some events coming up. Let's talk about the quarter auction first. What is a quarter auction which is taking place August twenty seventh at Ludlow Vets on Elm Street in Ludlow, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 13: Courter auctions are great fun females, males, kids, adults. You bring rules and quarters or you can bring your money to change into quarters and you bid on items that are provided there different baskets arranging from anything from Type A Warrior to bourbon baskets. And at this event on the twenty seventh, it will benefit the Northern Kentucky Young Marines, which we're very appreachative for. Oh yeah, well, I and then I remember our birthday ball coming up in October on the twenty six and that's our favorite night of the year. We get to celebrate all the things we've done over the past twelve months and do the official Marine Corps birthday cake ceremony and then provide a fun evening and dinner for our guests and such and that's on our.
Speaker 1: Website as well. And then these are these events.
Speaker 2: Obviously the quarter things, since your fundraising would be open to literally anybody who wants to come and help up with the fundraising. Is the birthday bash also open to the public generally?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 13: Last year we had one hundred and thirty five guests, obviously mostly groupies of ours that support us whatever we do. But yes, a lot of people we'd never met before and now we have new friends because of it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And on the in terms of joining the North Kentucky Young Marines, is there like is it like a school, a semester thing or can someone just say, hey, I heard about that, I got to get involved and can they join at any time?
Speaker 3: Well, sir, I can answer that question please, Haarbacruit training is typically at six to seven saturdays with one overnight. You cannot just join the marine. We have to teach you how to be a young Marine, how to wear the uniform properly. Since we are representing the Young Marines program as a whole in our unit. Now, over these six to seven saturdays, these recruits, as we call them, when a variety of knowledge to become trained as a Young Marine such as closer drill, marching, field skills, public speaking, learning about the dangers of drugs and polishing boots and shaking hands and opening doors.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's great. That still happens. People open doors for other people. I'm a big fan of the of the days of chivalry. Quite honest with you, nothing disturbs me more than.
Speaker 1: Well, do you really off? That is so cool?
Speaker 2: Traditional family and American values are alive and well, and they are being taught by the Northern Kentucky Young Marines. It's NKY Young Marines dot com. Abby, God bless you and congratulations. I cannot thank you enough for being just what a wonderful representative for this organization, and you obviously are our Distinguished Order of marri recipient.
Speaker 1: You were doing a great job.
Speaker 2: I wish you the best of luck in your balance of your education and success in the Navy. Should you ultimately choose to go down that road. God bless you, and keep up the great work and keep being a great, well just young person. Give us all hope that the future can be a positive thing.
Speaker 1: Both of you.
Speaker 2: Can't thank you enough for the time you spend on my program today. What you're doing each and every week get the information on my blog paid fifty five cars dot com. Lynn Arnold and Amby Smith. A true pleasure having you both on the program. God bless you both. It's seven forty five folks, fifty five KRC the talk station. What an uplifting conversation. Yeah, restoring my faith in humanity a little bit and certainly knows it's been eroded of late.
Speaker 1: Stick around. I got Steve on the line.
Speaker 2: Steve, I'll take your call right out of the gate after I mentioned the USA's Premium Phone, because everybody should get the quote. Well, if you have a new home, I'm certain the folks at the USA Insulation will tell you're adequately insulated. Code requirements require an adequate amount of insulation. USA's Premium Phone designed for those older homes that have under insulation. My daughter I always use her as an illustration because the inspection revealed she had some R twelve in a home that was built in the late seventies. And you know that insulation does deteriorate over time, so it loses its insulated properties in when the Premium phone. Thanks to Mom and Dad, so they enjoy a much more energy efficient and comfortable home and have savings every month. Young people on a budget, like everybody, I don't care. If you're not on a budget, why would you want to pay Duke Energy all the extra money they're charging and it is gone through the roof, isn't it? When you can keep it in your pocket, The product will pay for itself, the payments will ultimately end, and you're left with the comfort and the savings. It's a great investment in your home. So if you just moved into an older home, considered putting this on the higher end of your priority list. But it all starts with a call to USA Insulation to find out buy that free inspection and free quote whether you need it, and if you do, what it's going to cost. So it's a worthy phone call five one three three eight one three sixty two six. You buy the phone in the exterior walls, they will insulate your attic for free, and the federal government will give you twelve hundred dollars in the form of an energy tax credit when you're doing your taxes next year.
Speaker 1: It's all good. There is no downside. It's the ultimate no brainers.
Speaker 2: I've pointed out for years USA Insulation dot net five one three three eight one three six two six three eight one FOAM fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 14: I'm John Walzac, host of the new podcast Missing in Arizona.
Speaker 1: And I'm Robert Fisher, one of the most wanted men in Pasu.
Speaker 2: With it morning rain, I said at afternoon showers and storms at a high of eighty seven. Tonight, it's like chance of rain and storms. It'll be a low of seventy tomorrow PM. Chances of rain and storms. Decent morning though, with high of eighty eight. During the day over nine down to sixty seven with a chance of showers and storms. And on Sunday partly sunny. Showers and storms say they're likely after two pm. Sunday's high eighty It's seventy degrees right now. Time for traffic.
Speaker 10: From the UCL Trampics Center. Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanner from multicultural communities give the Gift of Life. Sign up today to be an organ donor cruiser. Working with several new accidents eastbound seventy four. The wreck is before you got the seventy five left lane's block. Dog traffic backs above Montana eastbound on the Ragon Highway. There's an accident before you get Dwinton. Backing traffic past Hamilton Avenue and Harrison Brookville remains blocked near seventy four due to an early morning wreck. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC The Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty fifty five KERC the Talk Station. Well, I hope you found that conversation as uplifting as I did. It's nice to know those organizations still are alive and well, so get it all the information fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 1: Feel free to call it.
Speaker 2: Steve did five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talks Steve, thanks for holding over the break there.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the program.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, that was a nice segment I missed, so very very nice. It's nice to have a guest like that on and very uplifting it is.
Speaker 2: It's it's sad, though, to know and have confirmed though, that our nation's education system, on the heels of my outset conversation about what's going on in Chicago schools lack basic Civics education in our nation's history education, that's a profound efficiency. So I hate to highlight that, but it exists.
Speaker 1: So at least.
Speaker 2: There's a group out there that can fill that void.
Speaker 4: Well, and I mistimed my phone call, so I actually was calling prior to that segment, and I was going to make I've got three quick comments. First of all, the Chicago school system four percent proficiency I think in math, nine percent.
Speaker 1: In reading eighth graders.
Speaker 4: I bet you my life if you went to the superintendent there and said how can we fix this? They would say they need more money.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what they're asking for.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, that's all they want now. Second comment, and this is kind of in the same vein Commy Harris. And of course Kim Jong Walls isn't in there yet, but she's going to work on inflation on day one. Day one was three and a half years ago. She's in a position of power right now. So that's an empty promise, means absolutely nothing. And then here this is kind of unrelated, but it's Friday, and what the heck? The left always talks about if it saves just one life, and usually that's after a shooting, and whatever gun laws they want or gun restrictions they want imposed, if it saves just one life, that's the mantra we have had a plethora of American citizens murdered by people in this country illegally. All it took was one of the We don't need multiple examples, just one tragic example of that. If it saves just one life, how about enforcing your border policy. These are existing laws.
Speaker 8: And we'll leave it at that.
Speaker 4: And hopefully I didn't drag it down after that nice segment.
Speaker 2: You make wonderful points. Yes, you can save one life. And now they're working on the border. Three and a half years, they're finally doing something about it. What have they been doing for the last three and a half years. Oh, that's right, nothing. Let's go to Lisa Baker. It is time to catch a crime stopper. Bad guy of the week. Apologies, Lisa Baker had a cough coughing spell out of nowhere.
Speaker 1: Happy Friday, Lisa.
Speaker 2: I know, especially when you're on the radio and it comes out of nowhere and you cough into the microphone, embarrassing yourself and insulting the listening audience and a guest which Lisa Baker. Officer Baker is responsible for the crime stoppers and God bless the SENTINNI the police department of what they're doing, we can help them with their job by dropping a dime on John Ware. Who's what's this guy's situation, Lisa.
Speaker 15: Well, he's wanted for carrying canfil weapons, sellony, trafficking, and drugs and other drug charges. John Ware, He's a white male. He's forty years old, He's six foot one, one hundred and ninety five pounds. He has a history of drug and weapon charges, and he was lasting on to live in Western Hills.
Speaker 2: Well, what do we do if we have information where police can find this guy?
Speaker 15: Give Crime Stopping a call five one three three five two thirty forty, or you can submit a tip online at crime dad stoppers dot us.
Speaker 2: Lisa Baker his picture and informations on my blog page. If you have Casey dot com, we'll be looking for him. If we know where he is, we'll drop a dime. We're eligible for a cash reward. You remain anonymous. We need to get these guys off the street. Lisa, have a wonderful weekend, and thanks again for all the work the Sincinnta Police Department does. He quite often unsung heroes keeping community safe folks stick around. We're gonna hear from true patriot Cheryl pop after the top of the hour, Andon. She always is on top of the things, like you know on our flight tri State. Well, she's gonna give us all the information about the upcoming lunkin airport days. And if you show up at listener lunch, you're likely to run into Cheryl. She is a fantastic, fantastic woman and indeed a true patriot. Show up next, then Peter Navarro reached from jail and already author of a new book called The Maga The New Maga Deal. And we'll get to hear from Peter at eight thirty. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 14: We're just minutes away from refreshing your news feed at the top of the hour.
Speaker 13: I have never seen anything like this exclusively.
Speaker 12: Fifty five KRC The Talk Station. This report is sponsored by Tree Health Surgeon your twenty twenty four election headquarters.
Speaker 13: The Widen administration is just deconstructing this whole country.
Speaker 14: Fifty five KRC The Talk Station, eight oh five. Happy Friday, Brian Thomas reminding everybody how much I love Fridays and always, always, always a good day.
Speaker 2: On the fifty five KRC Morning Show, when we hear from Cheryl Pop it's always something military related. She is a true patriot and always a president listener Lunch. I always enjoy seeing you, Cheryl Pop. Welcome back to the fifty five KRC Morning Show and thanks for all that you do throughout the year in honor and service to our Maria military and our veterans.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Brian. How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing fine, Listen, it's Friday. You can always kunt of me doing in a good movie than I know. I know the best twenty or forty eight hour period in my life is between nine a m. On Friday and when I wake up on Sunday morning, whenever that happens to be. Because I can put this stuff out of my mind for a while, but at any of may don't want to put the lunk in airport aviation days out of my mind. That's why you're joining the program to give us the information about this event which is coming up August thirty first.
Speaker 1: So what are we going to see? What are we going to do? Where is it? Let's get the details.
Speaker 9: Well, it's the Flying Legends, a victory tour coming in this time. We have a B seventeen and a B twenty five bomber that'll be available for flights. They're selling tickets out really fast. Bad fight for the tickets is Flying Legends Tour dot com, and you can always go to Cincinnami Warbirds dot org. We're the host of this event and there'll be information on there about how to get tickets. They have ramp tours after they fly, so it's really cool to go on the ramp free see these gigantic airplanes that were right in the middle of World War Two, and then go in and then take a look inside. There'll be all kinds of planes on the ramp, different flight schools, things to buy, honor flight Trice. They'll have their big merchandise booths, one of the only times during the year where we have all of our merchandise for sale on one place. But there's food trucks, there's going to be a mini car show, military vehicles. I mean, we're calling it the Lunkin Airport Days a festival because it's growing. Everything's growing inside and outside of the fence, so you.
Speaker 1: Keep getting more and more people over here, don't you.
Speaker 9: We do. And now with the food trucks, that's really cool because you can buy whatever you want. And then there's a gigantic shade tent there. Go over and hang out with your family and watch the planes coming in and out in the shade. And it's just a great event for families. It's all free on the ramp and parking's free, admissions free, so just come out and hang out with us. It's really the whole weekend Saturday and Sunday, and then Sunday they'll hear the flyovers at the eb and fireworks over the down by the river.
Speaker 1: Oh cool of that.
Speaker 9: They all take off from Lunkin, so you can see them taking off information to go downtown.
Speaker 2: Boy, you can hear those things coming too. There's nothing like, you know, a World War Two era aircraft and the sound they make relative to the modern airplanes, because you know, Lunkin is not that far as the crow fly from where I live, and when they're doing these airport days, I hear them and I go out in my backyard and just to look at them when they're flying around. So and it's it's, you know, it's weird thing. It's and it's a sad thing at the same time. You know, like our American World War Two veterans, they are in short supply anymore. Just the passage of time brings about that reality. But in terms of being able to fly on a B seventeen, which you can do if you get a ticket, there are only four of them that are still flying, just four, that's right.
Speaker 9: There's just four. And that was the aluminum overcast section of World War Two. I mean they were literally wing tip to wing tip in its invasions over in Europe. And this is one of the planes that was there. So it's awesome. I'll be twenty five is a little bit smaller, but anytime it he has a B in front of it, it's a bomber. So we have B twenty five and you know, the B seventeen. These are all aircraft that are eventually going to be have to be but down, you know, because they just can't find parts anymore. But these are very very well maintained and wonderful planes that were by the Flying Legends Victory tour that's coming on Labor Day weekend.
Speaker 2: Now, I guess I'm kind of curious because I noted in the notes that you know, there's you know, free event at the airport. See all the airplanes talk to the pilots, so we'll actually be able to have a conversation with the folks that are flying these amazing airplanes. That'd be a neat experience in and of itself, and I guess I'm kind of curious. It'd be the first question I asked, how do you qualify to be, you know, able to even fly one of the four remaining B seventeens on that planet.
Speaker 9: Well, a lot of them are retired military, and then they come in and just learn how to fly another airplane. I mean, if you're flying a gigantic jet, one of these is very remedial as far as the gauges and everything. Oh, so you just get checked out and there's a team on every one of them. It's not one pilot. It's always two pilots and at least a navigator. So it's just like the old days. And then you can when you ride with them, you just look up front and that's what it would have been like to be flying over Normandy or anywhere. So they really, they really are great pilots. As far as the maintenance of these planes and everything, it's just it's just top shelf it is.
Speaker 2: And you know, anybody who's driven what are referred to as a classic car, you kind of appreciate modern cars because they have so much more by way of safety and noise protection and you know comfort. These things are like flying in a tin can with a giant and with engines trapped on them.
Speaker 1: I mean, they're just so.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's not many amenities. No, you can imagine, you know, no heat or anything. And these young men going overseas and and and cold in there loud you know, they have set has had, I'm sure, but nothing like the technology we have now. These guys the true warriors. They call them the Greatest Generation, but that's not a joke. I mean no, it isn't no way that these you know, they're twenty year olds and they're flying these things. I know, it's just like bravery beyond what anything.
Speaker 2: We can imagine now how much responsibility they place in the in the hands of the young people that serve our country. It is truly amazing. It's one of the great reasons you might want to join the militaries because you are expected to rise to the challenge and fly these types of very very expensive and complicated equipment, of course, and then back then of course going into a war zone. That just amazes me. So it's definitely family friendly. I also see that they have helicopter rides available.
Speaker 9: Yes, Vertical Advantage will have helicopters riding all day long. You can buy the tickets to those on the field. There's no preregistration, but it's better to get a ride for these big birds ahead of time if you can, because they sell out and then you might get down there and get your heart broken. So make sure you go online and get a ticket. But the helicopters fly all day, in and out. That's another thing that we have on our PA system is we have the tower open all day where you can hear what the pilots are saying to the tower. And if you've never heard that, it's interesting because you can't believe what they how they navigate everybody together in perfect safety, all managed by the tower at Lunken Well.
Speaker 2: It is extremely patriotic event, an opportunity to see some of the equipment that our soldiers use back in World War Two. But also other aircraft are going to be there at all the events. Also, I see music's going to be playing all day right.
Speaker 9: We have all kinds of DJ music that comes from our announcer and that happens to be tom Pop and then we.
Speaker 1: Also surprise, surprise, surprise.
Speaker 9: Surprise that the family there. And then we have the color guard at noon too, which is always very emotional. The cadets from a Civil Air Patrol will be doing a color guard neo national anthem and got the bagpipes recorded and everything. It's just very patriotic. The whole field just stops while we honor our country with display ceremony every day at noon.
Speaker 2: Every day at noon for the flag ceremony. All right, so it is Saturday, August thirty first Sunday September first, ten am to four pm both days, Yes, it is.
Speaker 9: Some of the plane rides are happening like Friday and Thursday of that. Oh, so if you have time ahead of time, it might be good to get a ticket for an earlier flight. But it's all weather related, you know. So we do the best we can to keep them flying. But it has to be a nice day so you can see something.
Speaker 1: Well, she warned you ahead of time.
Speaker 2: If you want to fly on one of these amazing and very very short supply aircraft could be once in a lifetime opportunity. Get your ticket. Probably today would be a great idea since any warbirds dot org. They have a link there to get to the ticket outlet sharel.
Speaker 9: I suppose yes they do, or you can go straight to flying legendstour dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, there's your two options.
Speaker 2: Joe Streker will put all the information about my blog page, which both KARC dot com. Sounds like it's going to be a great event. I know it always is, and I certainly appreciate what you do and working for the war Birds, and of course all of your tireless efforts for Honor Flight tri state. When is the first flight or the next flight for Honor Flight? If I can get you to pivot over to your honor flights.
Speaker 9: Be September seventeenth is a Tuesday, and then the second one of the season will be October twenty third, before we take off for the spring.
Speaker 2: Well, that's fantastic, and I'll encourage my listeners to support that wonderful organization as well. And if you can be a guardian get on one of those flights. It'll be a life changing experience and it will be a positive life changing experience. In't that right, Cheryl?
Speaker 9: It sure is. I went on one flight, never been on eighty nine.
Speaker 8: Oh my oh, my it kind of gets to you, actually.
Speaker 2: It does, Cheryl. God bless you. Thanks for being the true patriot that you are. And I know my listeners are going to run over to the site and hurry up and get their tickets while they can. We'll talk real soon, Cheryl, and I hope I get to see at the next listener lunch. We're going to be at Weedham and Brewery in Saint Bernard, and I enjoy your presence there, so if you can make it, look forward to seeing you there.
Speaker 9: Well we'll do my best.
Speaker 2: Thank you all. Thanks Serah, we'll talk. We'll talk again real soon. Come up in eight fifteen. But if I have Keres the talk station, I get to mention I love talking for but Herbert but Herbert Motors. You're the legendary seventy five plus years but Herbert founded the Butt Herbert Motors and his amato was Listen, the most expensive tool you will buy is a cheap one. And that is true because you'll have to replace them. They'll conk out, they'll fall apart. That's why they only sell the highest quality, top world class brands of lawn equipment at Butt Herbert Motors. Go to the big Boxer. You have a terrible experience, so let's just stop that from happening. I can regal you with my problems with the big box store. I mean, I'll just sum it up in a word, sucks. Then thank you Westside Jim Keefer for tuning me into Butt Herbert Motors, where I got superior service. I mean, I compared to the box store. But you're working with a Herbert family member. They're proud of their heritage and they're proud of what they do, which is selling the best lawn equipment, world class brands, John Deere, x Mark Steel, Honda Power Equipment. I own all kinds of steel products from Bud Herbert. Next certainly had love my Honda Professional level push mower, which they told me, going back to Bud Herbert's motto, this is the last one I'm ever gonna have to buy. And at my age, I got this like few years ago and I'm fifty eight. Now it's gonna last me the rest of my life. Eh. It's a workhorse, baby. I went paid the extra few bucks for the commercial level, and I know I never have to turn back and never have to go through the process again. So ignore the headaches. And hassle of the box stores. Go to the folks with the best knowledge and experience, the best customer service, the best products which they will deliver to you ready to run and service them when it comes time for service. So always got some special done in. Right now, they're doing a John Deere inventory reduction sale, so check it all out online. Go to Bud Herbertmotors dot com. Tell them Brian said, Hi, please when you call them, You'll love those folks. Five one three five four one thirty two ninety one five one three five four one thirty two ninety one fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: When you're way through our twenty twenty, time for the nine first warning weather forecast. Rain is likely this morning as well as this afternoon, where we may experience some isolated showers and storms. Today's high eighty seven seventy the overnight low with a slight chance of rain and storm eighty eight. Tomorrows high with evening chants of rain and storms. Clouds every night for the most part, along with a chance of showers and storm sixty seven to low, and on Sunday, where you can see a high of eighty with showers and storms likely after two pm. It's seventy two degrees now time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: Nearly sixty percent of Americans waiting on an organ transplanter from multicultural communities give the Gift of life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Southbound seventy five continues slow through Wakland, as does inbound seventy four from North ben They cleared the ganccident that blocks the left lane, but there's still an accident on the ramp from East seventy four to southbound seventy five. Right side southbound seventy five crews are working with the wreck above Middletown, backing traffic to Franklin.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 2: It's a twenty here fifty five kr C detalk station of very Happy Friday to you, Peter Navarro. He'll be on next. Academic and Trade devisor for President Donald Trump. During the twenty sixteen presidential campaign, ended up going to jail because he refused to testify at the January sixth what is conveniently referred to in the notes as a witch hunt committee served his four months, and then the day he got out of prison straight to the Republican National Convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where he gave a speech endornching Donald Trump for well his election in twenty twenty four. He's written a new book we'll talk about in the next next segment, the New Maga Deal, The Unofficial Deplorables Guide to Donald Trump's twenty twenty four policy platform. As we struggle to figure out what the hell Kamala Harris is voting for, which we know is now going to be socialism, she's promising price fixing. A not a student of economics, so I'm not quite sure how she may she's going to lay hands on getting your grocery bill down. But if it involves forcing people to charge only a certain amount, as our government lords and masters describe, and it certainly would be lower enough that the profit margins wouldn't justify putting the product on the market. Because inflation is the product of the federal printing press going and the laws of supplying demand. Everything's gotten more expensive because the printing press is alive and well, with five plus additional trillion dollars and counting injected into the economy of a very short period of time. So you'll have Kamala Harris to thank for inflation, but she's going to promise to change it. Go ahead and look at every other country in the world who's engaged in price fixing and see how well that's worked out for him. A student of history, she is not. And I literally laughed out loud on this one.
Speaker 1: Remember the.
Speaker 2: Nord pipeline, Yes, the one that blew up after Russia invaded Ukraine. It turns out, no, it was not the Russians, it was not the CIA did involve Ukraine and military to a certain extent, but there was a bunch of drunks on a boat who figured out that they wanted to blow up the pipeline. This is a Wall Street Journal article. It came out the other day. It's widely reported, and it's backed up by a German independent investigation. So this isn't sort of speculation anymore. I know a lot of people are quick to poop poo an idea that they actually figured out what happened, and no, no, no, it's a bigger, broader conspiracy. But investigators say the plan to stop the pipeline and blow it up was fueled by alcohol and carried out by a six person crew aboard a small rented yacht. One are the officers involved?
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 2: I always laugh when I read media speculation about some huge operation involving secret services, submarines, drones and satellites. The whole thing was borne out of a night of heavy boozing and the iron determination of a handful of people who had the guts to risk their lives for their country. Apparently, was May two, senior Ukrainian military officials and business people were teering on Ukraine's success and holding off the Russians after they invaded. They well turned to talk of the pipeline, which they described as fueling Russia's war effort through the sales of natural guests to Europe, which was an accurate perception, and then it blew out four months later. So rather than a large complicated skiing, the operation they say costs three hundred thousand dollars, was carried out by six people, including military and civilian divers. One of the divers a woman. They say they brought her along so the yacht would look as if it was just go out to see as a pleasure cruise for senior Ukrainian defense and security officers or officials who had either participated in the plot or had direct knowledge of it, told The Wall Street Journal the nord Stream pipelines were considered a legitimate wartime target now Currently, the Ukrainian presidential advisor Mikhailo Padoliak denied his country was involved, but one officer who participated, along with three people familiar with the plan, said President Vladimir z Zelenski approved it. Initially he knew about the plan, but then he ordered it stopped, apparently after the CIA learned of it and said don't do that. However, General valeries Zawazuni, I don't have pronounce his last name. Bottom line, he's a commander of the Ukraine's armed forces, one of the plans leaders. He said, now we're going to go ahead and do it, and so they did. Three hunder grands, six people, small rented yacht, Nordstream pipeline blown up a twenty five fifty fifth kars. The talk station Peter Navara with his new book The New Maga Deal. Next after I mentioned cancer, which I don't want to have to mention, but I do have some strong advice to you. If you get the bad news that I got at one point many years ago. You have cancer, what you need are great cancer doctors and always props to my friend Jony for Sam Brian. Just call OHC and scheduled appointment, which is exactly what I did. OHC they know you're unique, they know your cancer treatment is unique to you, and they focus on your individual treatment. They offer the latest and leading edge treatments and clinical trials and they've been at this for more than thirty five years. They're engaged in bringing these innovative treatment options to their patients. Of course, it's your interest in mind they have. They're going to help you focus on what matters most, and that's beating cancer. So if like me, you get the bad news, just go ahead and start with OHC or get a second opinion. Never too late. Eight eight eight six four ninety eight hundred eighty eight eight six four ninety eight hundred online Learn more at ohcare dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: The Simply Money Minute is puncsored by Hey.
Speaker 2: Without further ado, Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Peter Nevan or doctor Novar. He received his PhD in economics from Harvard back before it was woke. Professor Meritith of Economics and Public Policy the University of California, Irvine. He was an economic i'm and trade advisor for the Trump Donald J. Trump administration during the twenty sixteen presidential campaign. Joined the White House staff on inauguration Day. He was the Director of Office and Trade and Manufacturing Policy, and he also was behind Donald Trump's tariff policies. And he also served time because he refused to cooperate with the January sixth Committee and hit the ground running. Day he got out of prison and there he was speaking at the Republican Convention and support of Donald Trump. Peter Nabarrow, author of the book we're talking about this morning, The New Maga Deal, The Unofficial Deplorables Guide to Donald Trump's twenty twenty four policy platform. Welcome to the show, sir. It's a pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 7: Hey should be more pleased. We are, what now eighty two days out to an election that will either think this nation or rise it back up. And I'm out on the trail with this book, The New Maga Deal. It's Newmagadal dot com if anybody wants to check it out Amazon, Barnes and Noble. The importance of the book is simply that if you compare Donald Trump to Kamala Harris, he beats her on every single policy issue that's important to voters. And what I do in the New Mega Deal is like flesh that out. So if you look at economy and inflation, which people kind of bundle together, people out there in polster Land say that they prefer Donald Trump by double digits. Same thing with the border, same thing with the who's going to handle crime better? Same thing with the military, same thing with our energy issue, same thing with the weaponization of the justice system, where I did, as you noted, wind up in prison for defending the constitution. And of course I still can't find anybody who supports the idea, this woke idea of cutting off the genital sorry Morgan, the audience of young boys in the name of this crazy wotenness.
Speaker 2: Well, you didn't call looking for an argument, You didn't write this book look for an argument for me, sir.
Speaker 1: You talk to my language, but.
Speaker 2: You make I mean the point you make, and it is so obvious you're right, poll after poll after poll on every single one of those critical issues that are talked about across the dinner table among families of all ethnic and religious backgrounds and financial levels. Everybody says the same thing. The borders broke, immigrations a problem, the economy is in the toilet, crime is terrible, the defund the policeman was dumb and stupid. All this Green New Deal stuff has costed me a ton of extra money and my energy bill. We got to put an end to this. But and yet out of nowhere comes Kamala Harris, who was known for cackling and words salads, now being trying to reinvent it and by hiding in the basement, has not offered a single policy platform on her on her website, And today she's going to roll out in favor of what socialism price fixing on groceries. Economist Peter Navarro, How does that work out in country? Has that worked out in countries who have tried price fixing?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 7: I think the bigger point you're raising here is how can this be? And I think simply that nobody knows who Kamala Harris really is in terms of the independent and swing voters that matter. And that's our chour here, that's our chore. We have to basically use her own words to explain to people who she is and then explain how those words of hers translate into poverty and pain and danger internationally for the American people, because now look, you united, every single policy united. The debate, there's no debate. She's wrong on it, okay, but people need to understand. For example, when she calls for defracking Pennsylvania, right, defracking, I don't want to ban fracking, right, So what does that do? It reduces the supply of world oil. It raises oil prices, natural gas prices, and suddenly people in America are worse are that's directly, you know, from her her lips to the kitchen table and the car at the gas pump. People need to understand that. People just need to understand that. So that's my job here, that's that's my job going out with the new Maggot deal book and saying, hey, thirty seven chapters, one hundred actions in one hundred days. Here's how we are going to get back to Trump's America. And we just have to make the contract.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: The other thing is, like this guy Kim Waltz. First of all, my grandfather got killed by a drunk driver. So anybody gets a dui they're not on my they're not on my Christmas cards. Okay, It's like I want to know whether the guy still drinks and whether she's going to put him behind me the resolute desk. If something happens the Kamala's, that's the real problem for me. But the bigger problem, the far bigger problem, is Comrade Walls. I mean, look, we've seen his own words described Communist China as kind of this valhalla, this wonderful place. He never had a better time than when he went to Communist China, and he had no clue if that's what the Communist Chinese do. They co opt American politicians at every level and the strategy they'll go in and they'll get it. They'll get a guy who's on a city council and they'll wait thirty years until he gets up to maybe be the vice president. That's how nation they are. And Tim Waltz is the Manchurian candidate. We got to peg that right back to Kamala as well.
Speaker 2: Yes we do, Peter Novara, and yes we do. I guess I have to ask you because I before this the segment began, I was talking about the uneven playing field that we have to play on economically, if I mean international corporations of trying to find a place for manufacturing. We have rules, regulations. Oh sha, we have made a union, minimum wage obligations.
Speaker 1: You could go on and on and on.
Speaker 2: Why the cost of doing business and the manufacturer in the United States is so much more expensive than communists China, where you can get slave labor and have children do the work for you a fraction of the cost, no regulations, pollut all you want, and use cheap coal to get your energy. We could go on and on. How do we compete with that? And the point you make is, well, we can teariff Chinese goods because of this uneven playing field. But then the response for many is no, No, tariffs are no good. You know the libertarians out there quite often they're going to cost everything. They can make everything cost more. So what's your response when you hear that sort of retort to let's teariff Chinese goods.
Speaker 7: Well, first of all, there was absolutely no argument or evidence for this inflation argument when we put tariffs all during the Trumban administration. It was just a non starter. So just the facts say that terroriffs don't cost inflation, The second thing is, look, if they're going to steal our intellectual property, heavily subsidize their industries, run state owned enterprises in the worst kind of cheating ways, and manipulate their currency, what are we supposed to do? Libertarian says, Oh, yeah, go ahead and buy the chief goods. Libertarian perspective doesn't understand that, Like in five years, ten years, twenty years, going back when China joined the World Trade Organization, our manufacturing base is devastated, devastates. I mean you're right there at ground zero where you are, sir. I mean them hold the Midwest. That's why I love JD. Vance as a VP pick. I mean JD's job. He's got one job when Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin by preaching the secular gospel of domestic manufacturing. And he has street cred on that because he grew up in the community where the manufacturing left and s theyan are living plummeted. Bad things ensued, So we just keep keep pushing on it. I mean, people people understand. I think, particularly in these battleground states, people understand the importance of American manufacturing. And we just have to make make the argument that we're the tough on China, folks, we're the ones that put tariffs on and the jobs you're going to keep going offshore.
Speaker 2: With Harris Well, I think you know, if we if we engage in some deregulation and reduce the overall cost of doing business in this country, we could become more competitive. But of course, the Democrats of the Party of micromanaging and regulating everything. It's it's plain and simple, it's what it's fascism. Sure, we still own the means of production, but the fascist elected officials tell us how and to run our businesses and what we can make and we can't make. So yeah, they love to call Republicans and Donald Trump fascist, but demonstrably and definitionally speaking, they're the fascist.
Speaker 7: Hey, hey, hey, hey, I went to prison because those basses put me in prison for defending the constitution. Who is the fascist? Come on, yeah, at the Republican National Committee, I said, I went to prison so you won't have to just look at my case. Every person involved to putting me in prison was a Democrat. Across the federal government Congress controlled by the Democrats, the Department of Justice controlled by the Democrats, and Democrat judge and the Democrat ury. They can do that to me, sir. Anybody listening to your show right now, go to prison. All they gotta have to do is do the right thing, and to the opposition it will be the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: Peter Navara, wonderful having you on the program. Thanks for writing the New Maggot Deal, which I suspect you wrote in large parts, perhaps the hand over to Donald Trump to use as a guideline. Let's hope he stays on that policy, that focus, and that my listeners will get a copy of the book as well. We've got it on my blog page fifty five caresee dot comic. It's so easy for them to do that. Peter Navara, Thanks for the time you spilled my listeners today. Keep fighting the good fight, Keep fighting a good fight. Eight forty three fifty five kros De Talk Station. He's pulled them in vigor and he seventy five years young.