Speaker 1: And this episode is called Barbecue.
Speaker 2: What's up, guys, Welcome to Dinner with the Healers. My name is Eric, and with me as always are my lovely wife Amanda Hi, guys, my beautiful daughter Stella Hi, and my super handsome son Henry.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time listening to us, we are an episode by episode Blue Podcast where we watch an episode of Blue and then talk about it and the lessons we learned. Does that sound right to you, guys?
Speaker 4: It sure does.
Speaker 2: In this episode, we are rewatching season one, episode seven, Barbecue and talking about how we feel about it now, three years later after we watched it the first time, and it's going to be a super super good time.
Speaker 4: It sure will be.
Speaker 2: Before we do that, let's jump into the business. Be sure to check out the show description. You'll find a link to our website, the.
Speaker 3: Blue Podcast dot com, our email address Blue Podcast at gmail dot com, links.
Speaker 2: To our social media, a link to our tea public merch store, time stamp so you can jump right to the part of the episode you're looking for, And you'll also find a link so you can sign up to listen to the show ad free via Patreon for just one dollar. A month and a huge, huge thank you to our subscribers. You guys are awesome.
Speaker 4: They sure are. Thank you guys so much. We really appreciate.
Speaker 2: You speaking of things that we think are awesome. We just got done watching Barbecue. Oh my, ready when the sausages kids, I, Henry, could you tell us what was going on at the beginning of this episode.
Speaker 3: At the beginning of the episode, Bandit was getting ready for a barbecue and Bluie was imitating him by getting a pretend barbecue readied up. Come on, come.
Speaker 2: On, come on, come on and keep it junk dunk there.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: I thought it was so cute that she was imitating her dad like beat for me. It was perfect.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, every single thing he did, she did it too. It was cute.
Speaker 2: These guys used to do that sort of thing to us, but now I think they just probably make fun of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they definitely make fun of us. I'm sure it's all in love, right, kids.
Speaker 2: Henry, What is Bandit doing?
Speaker 3: Band It is working the grill, talking to his brother Stripe, telling him some story about a farmer in a sheep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I was listening to it as it went and I couldn't pin down if it was from a movie or something. I just don't know what it was. I thought at first maybe it was from the movie Babe, but I don't think it was. Stella. Chili and Tricksie are talking about something. What were they discussing?
Speaker 3: They were talking about shampoo, and they're talking about how they don't like this one shampoo but it gets.
Speaker 2: Rid of ticks. I love that they call it dog shampoo. I mean, because obviously they're dogs, But like we don't say, oh man, we got this people shampoo up in the shower. But I guess if you were a dog and you were shopping for shampoo, you'd want to make sure it really had tick removing power.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, if you have that kind of problem.
Speaker 2: Bluie is busy making sausages at her pretend grill, Amanda. What is Bingo doing.
Speaker 4: Bingo is setting up the table for them to eat, and we see muffin and socks are there at the table.
Speaker 2: What does Bingo bring out after she gets done with that?
Speaker 4: She brings out her relaxing chair because she plans on relaxing while Bluey's doing the cooking.
Speaker 5: Is my relaxing care?
Speaker 3: You were I relax certainly laughing.
Speaker 2: Bingo's chilling out and everything seems great. We hear Chili talking about something and I couldn't piece together if it was for sure from the earlier conversation we heard. But Amanda, do you remember what she was saying.
Speaker 4: She was saying something about bandit had one behind his.
Speaker 2: Ear, Yeah, he had one on the back of.
Speaker 4: His ear, yeah, and he was saying out out.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I wonder if he had a tick that they needed that shampoo to get off of there. Well, this is something I'm sure Amanda can relate to. Bingo's trying to relax and Henry Muffin wants something. What is happening now?
Speaker 3: Muffin wants salad.
Speaker 2: She was pretty demanding about it too. Yeah, she was whose job did they say it was?
Speaker 3: They said it was Bingo's job.
Speaker 2: Oh, poor Bingo. She looks so comfy, didn't she. Yeah, what is it that Bingo needs.
Speaker 3: To find green peppers?
Speaker 2: She's gonna find peppers now. In the Disney Plus US version they say peppers. In the original Australian version they say capsicum. And we watched it on the Blu ray set that has the original Australian versions and they said capsicum every time instead of peppers. But on Disney Plus, we hear peppers every time, don't Henry. Yeah, So she's got to find green peppers. What does she do?
Speaker 3: She goes over to one of the plants and she picks a green leaf off of it, but it has a bug, so then she throws it. But then she goes over to another plant, and then she takes three of the leaves.
Speaker 2: Do you think bugs can really scream like that?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I've never heard one. I've heard your mom scream when she sees one.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 2: Stella. Bingo thinks she's all set, but somebody else wants something. What happens?
Speaker 3: Bluebe asked Bingo if she could get her some yellow peppers, and Bingo saw a planter that was hung up with some little flowers in it, so she decided that she wanted to get those for the yellow peppers. She couldn't reach those those, so she went and dragged over a bench to stand on so she could get the flowers. And that bench was right next to Bandit, and he tried to sit his drink down on it, but since Bingo took the bench, his drink fell and Stripe laughed at him.
Speaker 2: That was such a tiny slice of real life because that is the exact kind of thing that would happen. And I love that the brothers are antagonizing each other. I bet we see in the later episodes the kind of relationship they have bandits the middle brother, Stripe is the youngest brother, and this kind of antagonistic thing they have going on. I bet Stripe got real joy out of that. Yeah, I'm sure he did. Bingo gets her bench lined up and gets up there. Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 4: Just as she climbs up and she's starting to reach for the flowers hair, comes Chili walking by, and she tells Bingo and that's not safe, and she grabs her from the bench and takes off with her.
Speaker 2: And all the hard work Bingo did got erased in a split second, and Chili didn't realize any of it had happened.
Speaker 4: I felt bad for I did too, because she really it took a lot for her to struggle to pull that bench over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a big thing for such a little kid. Well, she wasn't about to be stopped by that, Amanda. What did she do?
Speaker 4: She looked around and found it looked like a tennis ball on the porch, and so she took that and threw it up at the plant, and it knocked a bunch of the yellow flowers down, and so she scooped them all up and then took them over to add to the salad.
Speaker 2: Henry, something else happened though, after the tennis ball hit the plant. What was it?
Speaker 3: The tennis ball bounced off the plant after hitting it, and it hit bandit soda.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he immediately spills another one right after that. You know, what would have been kind of a funny gag is if when Bingo picked up the tennis ball and got ready to throw it, if all of them looked at it, like how our neighbor's dog when she sees a tennis ball in somebody's hand, she's like, what's going on? That wild been kind of funny if they all looked over at it. Bingo manages to get the yellow peppers and goes to sit down and relax again. But then, Henry, what happens?
Speaker 3: Somebody decided that they needed to have red peppers.
Speaker 2: Now, Bingo couldn't find any red plants to pick peppers from. Who helped her?
Speaker 3: Stella muffin helped her by pointing out the tree with the red flowers in it.
Speaker 2: What kind of flowers did they say those were?
Speaker 3: I think she said poinciana flowers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's right. I remember looking that up when we very first watched it, and apparently that type of flower is toxic to dogs.
Speaker 4: Oh no, don't put those in the salad bengos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I thought, well, that's that's no good. But never mind that part of it. Let's talk about what's going on here. Bingo is trying to get him down and she grabs a rake, Amanda, what is going on here?
Speaker 4: So as she is trying to reach up with the rake and knock the flowers down, there are also these they look like seed pods from the tree, and some of those are getting knocked down as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: She's continuing to try to get the flowers. She hits a seed pod and it ends up whacking Bandit in the face, and again Stripe has a good laugh about it.
Speaker 2: Well, and his drink went over too. It was just like, poor Bandit cannot get the refreshing beverage he needs.
Speaker 4: He just needs to forget the drink.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, Bingo's convinced she is finally going to relax because there's no more colors. At least that's what they said in the show, But both of you two kids claimed otherwise. What else was there?
Speaker 3: They missed an orange pepper?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Bingo was here right now, she'd probably flip out and tell you to let her sit in her relax or chair. She's trying to relax, and we hear Chili and Tricksie talking about the salad dressing. Amanda, what's special about this salad dressing?
Speaker 4: It was a salad dressing that was Aunt Mary's recipe and that's what Chili made for the cookout.
Speaker 2: Naturally, that led to something else, Henry, What does Bingo have to do now?
Speaker 3: Bingo needs to get salad dressing now, and she's a sing of mud. So she steals bandit's water bottling, runs out the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah he lost another drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When she gets over to the little mud puddle area, there's not enough. So what is she going to have to do? Henry?
Speaker 3: She gets the hose and she starts spraying the hose on it.
Speaker 2: She couldn't get the thing to turn on though, right, Yeah, so she's yelling for help Stella, what happens?
Speaker 3: She yells for Bandit and asks him how she turns on the hose, and Bandit and Stripe come over and are looking at Bingo and Bingo figures it out and the hose starts springing on Stripe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got him right in the face and there went his drink, and Bandit finally got his revenge, I guess on him. She makes her mud and everything's cool, but now she needs help turning the hose back off. Stella, what is Bandit? Tell her?
Speaker 3: And it tells her to grab the hose and he tells her that it is right to tight.
Speaker 2: Yep, we always say righty tidy for turning something like that, righty tidy and lefty lucy, lefty lucy, right to tight, left to lucy. Yeah, before she got that turned off, though, I forgot to mention the hose was laying there and spray in her and she was cracking herself up.
Speaker 5: Go down there they got credos.
Speaker 2: At this point, Bingo is covered in mud and she has had it.
Speaker 3: My goodness, he's not relaxing.
Speaker 2: She finally sits down to try to relax. Amanda, what happens?
Speaker 4: Well, since she got a little muddy trying to make up the salad dressing, she accidentally left mud prints on the deck, and you hear Chili say, who left all these muddy footprints on the deck. So then we see poor Bingo she is up with a mop, mopping up all her muddy, dirty footprints, still not relaxing.
Speaker 2: That poor kid. That mop was like three times the size of her too. She looked like she was having the worst time mopping it, but she did it, she did. It was like watching these kids with the broom whenever they were little, when you'd ride it home from work and they'd want to sweep the sidewalk or something.
Speaker 4: We're done here.
Speaker 2: Oh, that Bingo is finally sitting down, relaxing, and now the actual sausages are ready and she has to get up again. Henry, what happens when Bandit takes the sausages to the table.
Speaker 3: When band It brings them over, he shoves the sala out of the way and says, out of the way salads, And everybody's congratulating him, saying that the sausages looked good and that he did a good job on him, and Bingo gets mad. Isn't anyone going to mat in.
Speaker 2: The salads, Henry, who thanked Bingo for speaking up about that, truly did Yeah, because she had worked hard on her salads too, right, Yeah, and that was the episode, Henry. Did we forget anything?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's time for.
Speaker 6: Did we learn anything today?
Speaker 2: Could anybody tell us what did you learn today?
Speaker 3: I think the lesson was here's what I'm thinking, that after working hard, you just sometimes need to relax. And also that salad is pretty good, same sausages.
Speaker 4: I agree with Henry. I think after a hard day's work, a person deserves to relax, and when you don't get that opportunity to actually sit down and relax, it kind of makes everything a little harder.
Speaker 2: Amanda, does that happen to you? You come home ready to relax, but then other stuff gets in the way.
Speaker 4: Always a lot of times.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, that's just because there's a lot to do.
Speaker 4: There is.
Speaker 3: I think Mom and Henry are right that the main lesson is that you need to relax after a hard day of work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with that. I think though to this particular episode in the first few episodes of the series, when they hadn't really established the pattern, of we learned this thing today. A lot of them were just kind of slices of life of seeing them doing things that families do, and I loved, like watching the cooking out and doing the things in the side, conversations going on, and one of the things that we see, and I think maybe this is kind of part of the lesson, is that the kids are way more aware of what goes on with the parents than parents might think, because when you think about it, literally everything that Blue was doing was imitating her dad, and Bingo was probably imitating her mom, not intending to. But Chili probably never gets a chance to relax because every time she tries, somebody wants something from her. And Bingo that may have given her an eye opener of oh man, I bet this is what happens to mom every time. Right. I did feel bad for Bingo though she just wanted to, like she probably had a really rough week of like going to preschool and stuff, and it's ready to just chill out and the cousins are over. You notice that the cousins did not lift a paul to help. No, they did not, And I mean I get that they're guests, right, but Stripe and tricksy seem like they were willing to pitch in.
Speaker 4: Plus, I think the cousins are quite a bit younger than Bluie and Bingo, so they don't know they may not know how to do that kind.
Speaker 2: Of stuff that could be. Muffin really seemed to get right into that, demanding everything roll pretty soon though. She really did it. But does anybody have any parting thoughts about the episode?
Speaker 4: I still like this episode three years later. It's still funny. It's I like to see the interaction with the other relatives and the kids interacting together. It's it's all just fun.
Speaker 2: I love that too.
Speaker 3: Well. Now I know how Mom feels whenever I ask her something when she's trying to relax.
Speaker 4: Yes, I like being.
Speaker 3: Able to see Muffin in this episode. She's probably my favorite character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you remind me of her quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: One of the things that I liked about it I mentioned before was just seeing the slice of life because you can see yourself like I see myself in Bandit, And I would love to know the story that he was telling Stripe. I need to watch it again and see if they are talking about something that I recognize and listen for the listeners. If anybody knows what bandit was talking about with Stripe and this, please email us and tell.
Speaker 4: Us absolutely we want to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I love seeing that stuff and seeing real life reflected back at us. It's just it's so so cute. Well, guys, we think Bluie is awesome. And speaking of things that we think are awesome, Henry, what should we do next?
Speaker 3: The hell out?
Speaker 2: Okay, listen up.
Speaker 5: Everyone has to clap and go whoa, Yeah, all right, that's awesome, got it, Orry.
Speaker 2: We have the best best fans and we sure love hearing from you, guys. We appreciate it so so much, all of the five star reviews, the comments, the emails, the voice messages. Thank you guys so much for doing this.
Speaker 4: Yes, thank you, guys. We really appreciate you and we're just so happy that you love the show and you, guys are the reason we do it.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at Spotify. We heard from Grant Jaden, La La Scarlet, Daisy Charlotte, Emily may cymu Julia Poe who wants to say happy birthday to his brother, Happy Birthday.
Speaker 4: Happy.
Speaker 2: We heard from Ray. We heard from Ari, who is from Auckland, New Zealand, and said that there's a Bunnings near them. That's what Hammerbarn is based off of. And remember when my friend sent us the nomes from the hammer Barn near him right, Well, they have a couple of nomes and one of them I hadn't seen it was like a French chef gnome.
Speaker 4: Oh that sounds cool.
Speaker 2: It sounds neat, doesn't it. We heard from our buddy Alex k and h Ava Skippy Boom eighty five, Caitlin. We heard from Indigo and Hunter they're from Adelaide, Australia. Hey guys, Hi guys.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 2: And we heard from Amelia and her brother Maverick. We got an email, We heard from Emmett and we got a voice message from our friend Brandon.
Speaker 6: Greetings, dinner with the Healers. This is your friend Brendan speaking to you once again. So I have a very interesting moment from the Blue episode Daddy foot down.
Speaker 4: Where are those kicky followers?
Speaker 2: There's that giggling again, you little.
Speaker 5: Traitorous one fingo Now, all of Australia I heard you and two I guess with bandit around and it is always fun to play with him all right started again soon.
Speaker 4: Bye bye, Brandon. Always so great to hear from you, and again, you always pick some of the funnest moments from Blue to send to us, and I agree with you. I'm pretty sure that all of Australia heard Bingo trying to go to bed that night. And yeah, I also agree with you about Bandit. He seems like he would always be fun to play with. He always does such an awesome job imagination wise with the girls and pretending and playing. And yeah, he's pretty awesome. And thank you again for sending that to us.
Speaker 2: I love the episode Daddy put Down. It's funny. Whenever I very first saw the title of that episode before we watched it, I didn't know if it was going to be somebody making fun of Bandit, right, like putting down Daddy, look you spool or what. But yeah, it's about Bandit putting the kids to bed a daddy put down. I do love that. And thank you Brendon. You're awesome. Yes you are, guys. Is there anything else we need to hit?
Speaker 4: I think we got it all.
Speaker 2: Thank you all so much for your support. We appreciate you so so much. And until next time, we are out of here.
Speaker 4: Bye guys, Bye bye