Speaker 1: Just sit and friends in the morning, entertaining and informative on the Red Apple podcast network.
Speaker 2: Said Rosenberg. Aria, Sid, you want to come up here?
Speaker 3: Said Mark?
Speaker 2: Should I let Sid come up? Mark?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 2: Come on Sid.
Speaker 3: So Sid's got the number one radio show in New York, got the number one radio show in New York like by far Airmum.
Speaker 5: Donnie will not be sending a representative to a city council hearing on the new tax and some say he's dodging the public's concern regardless though those mounting questions will be made public and Adiguahardo has a story a.
Speaker 6: Public here and for the pidotier taxes lated for Tuesday, and several consul members are upset that the administration plans that dodge the meeting instead opting for written testimony.
Speaker 7: But disappointing because it's a very complicated issue.
Speaker 6: District sixth council member Gail Brewer says some full time residents are angry they're getting letters that say they may be subject to the new tax if they fail to prove their residence.
Speaker 7: One with forty three thousand and the other was eighty two thousand. Particularly if you want to know why did I get a letter when I'm a full time resident?
Speaker 6: She says more than ten pages of questions from residents will be read out loud at the city council hearing, and co op organizations will speak out. The mayor spokesperson released a statement reading, in part, given the ongoing litigation, our administration has decided to submit written testimony to the City Council for its hearing on the Pewaitear surcharge.
Speaker 8: What can we expect?
Speaker 7: We haven't seen it yet. My experience is when the agency is satisfied, they don't use the answer question.
Speaker 8: They just give their perspective.
Speaker 6: The Pewitear tax applies to second homes valued at more than five million dollars and co ops and condos valued at more than a million dollars. In July, the Department of Finance sent out letters to seventeen thousand people it identified as second homeowners, then published more than nine hundred thousand addresses that could be on the hook.
Speaker 7: We will get resolution, but we'll get the airing of the issues.
Speaker 6: A lawsuit by homeowners prompted a temporary restraining order on the new tax, but it's since been lifted. The deadline for homeowners will apply for an exemption for this SAX islated for September eighteenth. I'm Addie Willhardo, CBS News New York.
Speaker 2: It's a primary day in Florida. Republicans Landy Pine and Biwin Donald's each on the show the last few days.
Speaker 9: Randy Pne, it has been a very challenging week. I mean, you know, started for me last Monday with someone drawing a swastika on one of my yards, and shortly after Bilzarian had posted a lot of this horrific anti semitic stuff. And then the weekended on Friday with the video that you mentioned. It's something that is beyond anything I think anyone has ever seen in politics from an antisemitic perspective. I actually did something unheard of. I shared the advertisement.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't.
Speaker 9: Normally share the advertisements of the people running against you, but I thought, if you support this, I don't want your vote. And it was I mean, I never thought I'd have a video with warns growing out of my head. Let swats go on Monday, warns on Friday. It's been last week was pretty rough week.
Speaker 2: Great biowing Donald's.
Speaker 10: As primary elections, they happen every time you have an open seat, especially for a seat as important as governor. But we've been doing incredibly well, obviously having the full endorsement of President Trump, former governor, our current Senator Rick Scott. Forty three of our sheriffs in the state of Florida have backed our campaign not to mention the congressional delegation, the vast majority of the state legislature. We've been able to really crisscross the state and the message has been clear. It's been about tackling affordability issues, insurance and housing costs in our state, and taxes and having real plans to fix that for the people of our state. But the other side of it is keeping the Florida dream alive and well make sure we defend that from the radical left. You know, people come here. It's for a way of life. It's not just the beaches and the taxes. It's a way of life. It's common sense, conservative living, and we're going to protect that here in Florida.
Speaker 11: President Trump threatening to bomb a US ally if a quote gets in the way with Iran and the Strait of Horror moves, and the President was pressed about conditions aboard the USS Lincoln at sea now for more than two hundred and sixty days. The President had said the deployment was not nearly long enough. Here's Jonathan Carl.
Speaker 12: Unable to put an end to the Iran war, President Trump threatened to expand it, issuing a blunt and profane warning to a US ally Oman, saying he would bomb the expletive out of them if they interfered with US objectives and the critical Strait of hor moves.
Speaker 2: Would you say you're out of patience with Oman a strategic I don't think I behaved very well, but we did just like we do others.
Speaker 12: The threat comes as ship traffic through the Strait is at a virtual standstill. This comes as US military officials are scrambling to respond to a Trump social media post over the weekend that condemned planned joint exercises with South Korea. In the post, which blindsided US military leaders, Trump cited his quote very good relationship with North Korean dictator Kim Jong un and called the drills inappropriate and hostile toward North Korea and said they would be scaled back, and he suggested he's recently.
Speaker 2: Been in contact with Kim Jong un.
Speaker 3: Kim Jong un has always treated me with great respect, though.
Speaker 12: It's widely believed North Korea has provided military support to Iran, and today, President Trump was asked about the deteriorating conditions aboard the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, which has been at sea for more than two hundred and sixty days, after some sailors. Family members told the Military Times at least two sailors tried to jump overboard, and the US official told ABC News a sailor did go overboard earlier this month and was rescued last week. The President dismissed concerns.
Speaker 13: Jeff No, no, no, not nearly long it up, and the President insisted there is no problem aboard the USS Lincoln, quoting what he said a retired admiral recently told him.
Speaker 3: He said, I've been on ships there out there much longer than that, sir, and I know people on the Lincoln. They say it's beautifully maintained and beautifully taken care of.
Speaker 12: And the deadline for the US and Iran to finalize a nuclear agreement and come to a permanent end of the conflict, but David, that agreement never came close to happening, and there is no end in sight to the War, the iraniance said that that peace deadline quote is no longer relevant there.
Speaker 8: Kelly show.
Speaker 14: Ah, congratulations to Sid Rosenberg. He was, as we know, who could I mean, I mean, come on, it's almost like he got an oscar the Academy Awards. It's the New York State Broadcasting Hall of Fame. Quite frankly, I didn't know we even had one of those things.
Speaker 2: Where is it? Is it in Cooperstown? Next door?
Speaker 14: Where is the New York State Broadcasting Hall of Fame?
Speaker 8: Where is this blaze?
Speaker 15: Why?
Speaker 14: Why am I only hearing about it now? Just ribbing you a little bit. It's a big deal. It's a great honor and congratulations of Sid. I found out sometime last year that he got this honor in the wood Bull Anyway, it found its way to the President's desk, President Trump, and now the President is talking about it. President Trump given Sid a well deserved shout out for a well deserved honor.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, congratulations especially to Sid Rosenberg on his induction to the New York State Broadcasters Hall of Fame. I can't believe it didn't make it years ago. Today, Sid forever joins a roll call of some of the greatest legends and the history of New York broadcasting and talk radio. The best in the business, and he's the best in the business. Over many years, it has distinguished himself as one of the most authentic and recognizable voices in America in their ways. And he's built a smart, loyal, gigantic audience that I happened to be one of those people in the audience, and I had for a long time, long before I became president.
Speaker 2: What that's it?
Speaker 14: Keep going, mister president, keep going. Well, actually, we have another moment.
Speaker 8: All right, So this is let's see here.
Speaker 14: This is at that event at the NASA County Police Department and they call up a couple of.
Speaker 8: Things are going on. There's we got help.
Speaker 14: We got Blakeman getting a shout outs, we got Goodman getting a shout outs. We've got who else we got and we got our friend, uh sid getting a shout out. You got this moment.
Speaker 16: Let's see here.
Speaker 14: Give me one second.
Speaker 4: Let's hear from Bruce first.
Speaker 2: You got Bruce cut one.
Speaker 3: Time for the people of New York to remind your politicians that their job is not to protect the criminals. Their job is to protect the good, hardworking people.
Speaker 15: Of New York.
Speaker 3: And that's why right here in Nashau County, Bruce Blakeman hired over seven hundred new police and correctional officers to.
Speaker 16: Keep New Yorkers side.
Speaker 3: I don't know, should we do this?
Speaker 2: Come on up, Bruce, come on, should we do it? Come off for.
Speaker 17: You?
Speaker 14: Got it?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much, mister President. See sid Rosenberg's here. What are you doing?
Speaker 10: You're supposed to be on.
Speaker 2: Radio my buddy and colleague Greg Kelly's show yesterday. I must be a rockstar, right, I mean? President Trump puts together about a two minute video congratulating me on making the New York State Broadcasting Hall of Fame. I put up a clip yesterday on Twitter at sid Rosenberg nineteen, on Instagram at Rosenberg dot Sydney, on Facebook sid Rosenberg, and on truth Social sid Rosenberg about forty seconds and it was exactly what you heard right there, which we usually play most mornings before the show. And Greg Kelly played yesterday, and Greg was kind enough to play the shout out that Bruce Blakeman gave me at the Police Academy, not the police station, the police academy. On Friday, when President Trump made his way to the epic Nassau County Public Safety Rally, which was a huge success for Bruce Blakeman and all of Long Island. And don't worry, Greg. You know I love your song. You don't know what the Hall of Fame is. If you ever want to go one day and see my bus, I'll be happy to drive you. How about that, Louill K We'll drive Greg game he can check out my bus and the Hall of Fame. I love Greg, but that one hurt him a little bit. I gotta tell you. Listening to that, it was like, I guess I have to do this. I do love SID, but make it easy. Greg. It's okay, You're great. You're great, but we uh, we're doing some real special stuff here every morning on SID and Friends in the morning. We really are. And we got a great show coming up today with one major in studio guest. We'll get to that. I know you love that song. You know I always forget the damn title of that song. But is it again, the America song? I love that song. Trump loves it too. Now I'm thinking, yeah, it's not God bless America?
Speaker 8: Is it God blessed the USA?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it. God Bless the USA, the amazingly Greenwood song, and he who was all over Fox News yesterday will be live in studio today. I'm also going to talk to Joe Gruder's today. You know that is no, I don't know. He runs the RNC. So remember rant's previous Sure you remember Michael Wattley and Larret Trump.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Joe Gruder's runs it now. And we got a huge convention coming up in Dallas. I believe this is the first time ever there's been a convention for the midterms, right we get these conventions before the big presidential elections. We've actually got a huge convention in Dallas, Texas somewhere around September seventh and September eighth for the midterms. And well, I've made it very very clear to the RNC that I should speak. Don't worry, I'm not going to curse like I did at Madison Square Garden. Take it easy, okay, take it easy, but very hard to argue my influence right now, all you got to do is see me go to one of these events. I know you guys will have, but it's true. Go to one of these events with President Trump inside the building I would even take calls on this from people that were there because Aiken, they can absolutely one thousand percent tell the truth on this and confirm it. Outside of Trump, nobody gets the love that I get, the attention, the love. These people go nuts. It's sweaty you them. So I think it's in the rnc's best interest to put up a guy who looks good, who is a number one way to your host in New York across the country. No bigger President Trumps supporter. You know, we know who's gonna speak, the big names, right, Trump and Lara and Eric and Junior and blah blah blah, Mike Johnson and jd Vance, all of them. But this is you know, days and days of this. It starts in the morning when those big names are not going to speak. I'll do my show live from there, so I should be speaking. So I'm gonna actually tell Joe Gooder's not today, just gonna say, hey, Joe before we get to any conversations, what time and what day am I speaking in Dallas? How about that?
Speaker 8: Nom And you don't want like nine in the morning.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's got to be one o'clock in the afternoon because the folks go out the night before, they get all liquored up.
Speaker 8: But the Super Bowl, you know, and they don't show up till like eleven or twelve.
Speaker 2: Right, they get up a little lake or to the gym at breakfast and bang, theirs said right there in Dallas. So I'm going to blindside him today unless he's listening now, although he must be somewhat aware that I sent his girl an email on Sunday saying they should do this. So we'll find out all that is coming up today. It's a very very exciting show right now.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 2: And you said me nice out today, and it's pouring out right now.
Speaker 8: If you heard me and I said this, the number of times they work as don't blame it on me. I said, rain this morning and then sunshine this afternoon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what. The only story I cared about today, to be honest, is I know it sounds nuts. No, The one story today that has me absolutely fascinated, I'm serious is a story that involves Philadelphia. When my daughter goes to college now New York, specifically Long Island, and this is this crazy cocaine story at Penn State. There's one guy in particular, they haven't found this guy yet. Supposedly he was the mastermind of the guy in charge, twenty four years old out of Long Island. And what they did was they would wrap the cocaine, you know, put in little bags to sell it on campus at Penn State University in one of these off campus fraternity houses, right, And part of the pledge responsibilities for the kids who wanted to join the fraternity was to watch ly beg the cocaine. So now Penn State has suspended Delta Upsilon amid this drug probe. Again, they can't find this mastermind. I believe they have taken some other people into into be questioned. But it looks like this huge cocaine ring at Penn State. Yes, that was the same school. You may remember the name Jerry Sandusky. You remember that name though, of course, and Joe Paterno. They wiped away all of his wins over three hundred national championships. It all went away for the for the I guess the not not the claim because he was found guilty Jerry Sandusky raping some of the football players on the team at the time. And now you got a big drug scandal at Penn State. Now what do they call it Happy Valley right now?
Speaker 8: Yeah, can you imagine? You know, of all things that pledges have to do, and we've heard terrible stories, right of a you know, by game seems pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Especially you get to do it right. Well, you got to take a bag with you got a big frat party that night to take a bag home. I mean, I wish I had that in Miami. That's in Miami to get it. You wouldn't believe what I had to go through back in nineteen eighty five. But serious, not a lot of our friends went to Penn State. You know that one of them would be Kim Jones. You know Kim Jones, sure up on network in the Giants. Another great Penn State graduate, one of lu Rupino's best friends ever, Sweeny Marty. Did you know that? Sweeny Murty and so many others great folks who want to Penn State. I've got nephews and cousins. But it's a wild story. Well what is what's the latest with that?
Speaker 8: Well, they're looking for this twenty four year old Augustina Abbottello. He's from Westberry.
Speaker 2: What is his nationality? Is the Italian?
Speaker 8: Italian? Botello? I'm not sure that sounds like it could be Italian. Yeah, but he's from west Berry. He they say he was the very top of this chain. I mean, there was at least thirteen other people involved, all former and current penn State students. The father of one student was involved as well. So you had the Attorney General in Pennsylvania announcing these charges over the weekend and they want to find this guy. There's you know, there's a warrant for his arrest and they haven't been able to find him. But yeah, they say for two years twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four at Delta Upsilon and Sigma Chai for Sigma Chai fraternities. Part of what the pledges did were bagged this cocaine so it could be sold. And I guess they kept their mouth shuts, but somebody did not. So this all unraveled and that's why we're at this today with these all these students being rounded up.
Speaker 2: Wild story Any news on the tragic passing very young, just thirty six years old, actress singer Hayden Panditari.
Speaker 8: Well, the initial medical examiner report doesn't sound seem like there's anything suspicious going on here, so that would suggest somebody who had the history of drug and alcohol abuse that it may have something tied to have that.
Speaker 2: She's very public about that, like I am very public about it. And she also suffered from postpartum depression. I had no idea her child was now eleven years old, yeah, not a baby anymore. But she went through a lot of stuff and her younger brother died.
Speaker 8: Did you know that, I did recently, not that long ago.
Speaker 17: Yes.
Speaker 8: Also I think of drugs, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 2: So this Panetary family has been through hell the last couple of years.
Speaker 8: From you know, from Rockland County.
Speaker 2: The family I didn't know that. Yeah, that would be Mike Lawer's constituents, right the King of Rockland County, mister Salt, Mike Lawler. It looks like they're saying right now on box News, Hayden Panetary suffered from an apparent overdose, which makes sense again with her battle with drugs and alcohol. I saw a video of her just a couple of weeks ago. She was walking with a walker. She's thirty six years old, beautiful young girl. So she clearly destroyed her body along the way, and anyway, God rest her soul. To rible story, big primary day. You heard a couple of cuts. The last couple of days I had Byron Donalds. He's running for governor in Florida. Randy Fine, the incumbent, taking on that lowlife Dan Bilzarian, who maybe every bit the raging anti Semite that Mam Donnie is. Florida, Wyoming and Alaska in play today. So if you did miss the open here was Byron Donalds, Who's gonna win that gubernatorial primary easily today. There were twelve people. He'll end up taking on a guy named Jolly who was a Republican I believe now he's a Democrat come November in the race, and he should win. He should continue the string of great Republican governors in Florida from Rick Scott to Ron DeSantis. Byron Donalds should win next, but he's got to win firs today. Here was Byron Donalds on this show last Thursday. Lewis cut number nine, the great Byron Donalds.
Speaker 10: There's primary elections. They happen every time you have an open seat, especially for a seat as important as governor. But we've been doing incredibly well, obviously having the full endorsement of President Trump, former governor, our current Senator Rick Scott. Forty three of our sheriffs in the state of Florida have backed our campaign not to mention the congressional delegation, the vast majority of the state legislature. We've been able to really crisscross the state and the message has been clear. It's been about tackling affordability issues, insurance and housing costs in our state, and taxes and having real plans to fix that for the people of our state. But the other side of it is keeping the Florida dream alive and well make sure we defend that from the radical left. You know, people come here. It's for a way of life. It's not just the beaches in the taxes, it's a way of life. It's common sense, conservative living, and we're going to protect that here in Florida.
Speaker 2: Who get him? Yron? Then Randy Pine was on this show yesterday. The congressman, the incumbent, the only man to worry Yamica in Congress ever, and this guy running against him, the Dan Bilzarian, this anti semi low life, jerk off, scumbag piece of shizzle. I love to punch him across the face, big guy, big guy, But I saved the punch him across the face. He does a video and only goes on social media. It was so awful you couldn't put it on network television. And in the video he is fawning over Adolf Hitler. It's actually believe it or not. And I have a big audience listening right now in Florida. This video by this lowlife, Dan Bilzarian pays homage to Adolf Hitler, portrays Randy Fine, and some Jewish girl has like four hundred pounds dancing with Israeli stars all over their outfits and calling them really really fat. And then at one point, you can't make this up. You can't make it up. Bilzarian actually says, a Jew with horns. That's what the coption reads. And it's Randy Fine's face. And this says all over my social media again Instagram at Rosenberg, dot Sydney, Twitter at sid Rosenberg, nineteen, Facebook sid Rosenberg and truth Social sid Rosenberg. The picture is Randy Fyne wearing his keepa with horns coming out of his head. And again the cops reads jew with horns, this piece of garbage, this lowlife. How he's able to run? I have no idea. It was nice to see bipartisan support for Randy Fine yesterday the Speaker of the House, Mike Johnson, and Dakim Jeffries. That story is in Today's New York Post. But before today's post, yesterday, Randy Fine was on with me and he talked about what a brutal week it's been. Lewis cut number eight.
Speaker 9: Brandy Fine, it has been a very challenging week. I mean, you know, started for me last Monday with someone drawing a swastika on one of my yards sign, shortly after Bilzarian had posted a lot of this horrific anti semitic stuff, and then the weekended on Friday with the video that you mentioned. It's something that is beyond anything I think anyone has ever seen in politics from an antisemitic perspective. I actually did something unheard of. I shared the advertisement. You know, you don't normally share the advertisements of the people running against you, but I thought, if you support this, I don't want your vote. And and it was I mean, I never thought I'd have a video with horns growing out of my head, but swats go on Monday, warns on Friday, it's been last week was pretty pretty rough week.
Speaker 2: One of these other races that I'm interested in because it's another Jewish candidate, Moscow, which he's a Democrat, you know that gnome right, So I don't have any real love for Democrats, even if they are Jewish. But but at least in his race, he's taken on this DSA candidate, another psycho, Oliver Larkin. You're familiar with this.
Speaker 8: Guy on Oliver Larkin is maybe the only I think he's the only DSADOR candidate in any of these Florida races. Yes, and so of course there are lots of eyes to see if the DSA can continue their role. I mean, they've had some big wins across the country so far this year, and they think he has a shot of knocking off Moskwitz. And it's the same thing that these other candidates have done, you know, anti apac, anti Israel, and so we'll see if that works in this district or not. Moskwitz has been pretty popular, but this is a real challenge that he hasn't seen in the past.
Speaker 2: Well, you mentioned anti Israel. Larkin did an interview with Fox News and he repeated the lies. It's a lie. Israel is not committing genocide, you stupid bastards, You dumb mother effers. Genocide was what happened to us, the Jews in the Holocaust. This is Israel. He's defending themselves from countries all over the Middle East and around the world that ask for their and every day, every day and dihilate Israel. These Palestinians are no good. Your people never go you've never been there. You don't see the dynamic, you don't get it. The Palestinians helped Hamas, help them in every way. They were working for Israeli families before the October seventh. They would go back to Gaza report to Hamas, not because they were threatened to be killed, because they don't like the Jews either, you stupid dumb bastards. They would report to Hamas. They went on October seventh with Hamas. In fact, it was Palestinian civilians, not Hamas, who abducted the beautiful Bebos family, and as we know, the mother and two little boys were murdered in captivity. Don't tell me about Palestine, which doesn't exist. The Palestinians genocide, your liars. You're anti Semites, you hate the Jews, and now you've joined the band. Out of a Larkin is one of those guys of us. This is cut number five.
Speaker 18: Israel is committing a genocide. No, we're not stupid thing regarded by the United Nations and Amnesty Internationals.
Speaker 2: I'll stop it right there, stopping right there. Anybody who ever ever tries to use the United Nations, which is the biggest anti Semitic outfit maybe anywhere in the world, they may be worse than the Arabs. Anybody who tries to prove they are right by including the United Nations is a lying moron. So right off the bat, when you wear people say well the UN, you know they are lying. I mean there is really no more disgusting group of people in the world, maybe outside of care and the Muslim Brotherhood than the UN. Is that not accurate?
Speaker 8: No, be a viwn is. I never been a friend Israel, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: That's being nice. Playing again out of the Larkin cut number.
Speaker 18: Five, reel is committing a genocide.
Speaker 19: Correct, That is factually incorrect.
Speaker 18: It has been regarded by the United Nations and Amnesty International and even Israeli human rights organizations and stuff that sell them.
Speaker 19: There's a numb version of genocide.
Speaker 20: In the UN.
Speaker 19: The UN has said this does not apply to what many people might think as a disproportionate wartime action. That's what that is. In many people's minds. Genocide is a very specific thing. Actually, genocide being committed against Jewish people, not by Israel. And that's just a fact.
Speaker 18: I mean, the United Nations recently in Geneva have done that. The Ideaf had deliberately targeted women and children. There's been samon conditions imposed over the Gaza strip by the blockading of AID.
Speaker 2: The shut shut him off. He's a complete asshole. What a complete asshole, Oliver Larkin. Please, if you're listening in Florida this morning, tell everybody walk outside your house right now. If you're in Delray Beach, if you're in Dpio Beach, if you're in Vocal wherever you want one outside your house and at the very top of lungs. I want you to scream. Oliver Larkin is an asshole. Please do that for me. Okay, I promise I'm gonna get any trouble. I know all the big shots down there. One more. He's not done. First, it's Israel. Now it's presidenting Trump. He refers to President Trump. You ready for this the way many do, and they call me the same thing, a pedophile. Oliver Larkin lewis cut number six.
Speaker 21: What is the number that is fine with you?
Speaker 2: Is there is there a benchmark?
Speaker 10: Is it fine?
Speaker 22: How many children can be raped?
Speaker 18: And it's fine if you're in relation to the immigration community.
Speaker 21: If we're going to talk about children being raped, then we need to hold this pedophile president Donald Trump accountable and all those that have been implicated by the Epstein wheales that the Department of Justice is still not leaking and they've sent a pac after Thomas Massey for having the Mary's accountable this guy.
Speaker 2: So now you know what Oliver Arkin is. I'm glad we're about to play those couple of cuts, don't you know?
Speaker 8: Mm hmm?
Speaker 2: How what else is know? What's going on with you know?
Speaker 8: I just want to stay in Florida because there's actually a couple more interesting races. You know, Mark or Rubio seat. You know, he left obviously to become Secretary of States. So there'll be a primary today for the Republicans and Democrats to see who gets to fill out in the final two year ye Ashley.
Speaker 2: Moody, Florid Mood, Attorney General Mood.
Speaker 8: And then the other side is interesting to our Alexander Vinman. You remember him. He was the whistleblower that triggered Trump's first impeachment in twenty nineteen. He's running for the Democrats.
Speaker 2: Disgrace, that is what he is.
Speaker 8: And then this is an interesting one. One of Israel's biggest supporters looks like she is in the race of her life. Down in Florida, Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman shut.
Speaker 2: I can't stand her.
Speaker 8: She is well, she's up against her district has been redistricted, and so all kinds of new Peace people voters in that district, and the African American vote, they say is going to be big today that may knock her out. They say that she hasn't done enough for the African American vote and that somebody from the far left has a better shot. So we'll see how that plays out.
Speaker 23: He sucks.
Speaker 2: I know she's pro Israel, but that's not my only barometer. That's why I'm very, very consistent. I'm America first, I'm Israel second, and every American should be that way. Every decent Americans should be America first, Israel second. So here's a classic example of somebody who's pro Israel that I can't stand. Whichie Torres is in the same boat, Whichie Torres all my Jewish friends, He's great, You're a moron. He's pa Israel. But he hates Trump, hates them, hates Bbie. I don't like those people. And I lived in Florida for sixteen years, and I can tell you that Debbie Wasserman Schultz sucks ass. Okay, how about that?
Speaker 8: No, that sounds good?
Speaker 2: Anything else down here?
Speaker 8: No, No, those are the bigger races down in Florida that everybody's gonna be watching.
Speaker 2: There are a lot of them.
Speaker 8: Well, and they're all big names, you know, well known names in Congress.
Speaker 2: Unlike Alaska and Wyoming. There's any idea we could care less? Well, Sarah Palin's running again, She's not what's for? Then?
Speaker 8: Well, you know that memorandum of understanding that expired yesterday and the President suggesting that things are just gonna get rougher for Iran if they don't make a deal. But he did say that they are in talks with the Iranian National Guard, though the Iranians say that the no test talks are happening which we've heard before, so we don't know exactly what's going on there. Then you had the head of US Central Command saying, dressing the fact that there are these mental health concerns for this crew that's aboard the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln that's been out at sea since last November. They're being replaced. There's a ship coming from Vietnam that will let them go back home. But they say, now is the time to let those people go back home, those sailors or soldiers go back home. And then you had Jared Kushner, who was meeting with Prime Minister BBN to Yahoo yesterday, baby's pissed about the fate of this whole deal with Gaza, pissed.
Speaker 2: Amasa Bib was very angry with Jared Kushner that he met the day before with the Hamas leader. He's very angry. Is that I heard?
Speaker 8: So the Prime Minister is telling Kushner that there's no deal unless Hamas fully gives up all of their weapons.
Speaker 2: Right, So Hamas said, here's how it works. Israel leaves, then we give up our weapons. Israel said, blow me. I'm not going anywhere until you give up your weapons, which you're not going to do so there is not going to be a deal. And President Trump, my guy. No one loves him more than me. You talk about being pro Israel, nobody more pro Israel than me. But President Trump is not helping us because he has not endorsed bb nets Yawl, because President Trump is upset that Bib does not accept will not accept this fifteen point plan because of Ama. So Bibi is in the fight of his life. You talk about de Wie Wasserman Schultz in Florida. Bibi is in the fight of his life. I think his election is November in Israel or October, and he has not received an endorsement gnome from President Trump and.
Speaker 8: The President well, at least for a while, was incredibly popular in Israel.
Speaker 2: I don't know where that's not hugely popular. He lost a lot because the Israeli people want to see Iran finished. And why is that? Because while Americans have their strong opinions on Iran, guess what, in New Jersey you're okay. Right, In Wyoming, you're okay. In Cincinnati, you're okay. In Sacramento, you're okay. When Iran gets pissed at the world, who to a bomb Israel, not lately, but Tel Aviv lost a lot of innocent people the last couple of years, a lot bombs in Jerusalem, in hyper inn Tania. So Israel's like, we gotta wipe these by out and they're not very happy with these constant ceasefires and we'll talk and we'll figure it out. They don't want that, you know that though.
Speaker 8: Yeah. Well, and you had Kushner yesterday telling Hamas, he said, Hey, you know, look how devastated the guy's strip is. If you want people to come in and rebuild, then you have to put down your arms because nobody is going to put the money in thinking that is all going to get blown out.
Speaker 2: They're not going to do it. So it's a again we keep talking about. I love Steve Whitcoff, great guy saw on Friday Night, WILLI a lovely guy, lovely and he's trying and Charrod Kushner is trying, but none of it's gonna work. JD. Vance's not gonna work. One more quick story locally, So today is a city council hearing. I may put David carr on quickly about this piet tear at tax and the mayor is on vacation. So not only is jee hot boy terrorist Mayor Mamdanie not coming because in them he's in the mountain somewhere in upstate New York. He's not even sending a rep from his office. They've got some written testimony. I guess what's out all about it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a prepared text that'll be read out loud. And that's how city council members upset because they want to back and forth question about what exactly is going on with this rollout, which has been botched big time. But the mayor, you're right, he's away. He wouldn't normally be the person that would answer these questions anyway. But they're not sending any rep at all from City Hall, just prepared texts. So now the city council members who had lists of questions that they wanted to ask, they'll ask them, but there'll be nobody to respond to them.
Speaker 2: That is ridiculous. So maybe I'll get David Carr on him momentarily just to give us a quick update on the city Council before the show was said and done. We've got a great guest list. Joe Pag's one of the great radio men in This Country.
Speaker 1: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Well, let me get the David Carr quickly. I love David one of our five Republicans in the City Council. Only five, two from Staten Island, Frank Morano and David Carr, one from Brooklyn. Who I saw, Lewis you love this Saturday night at Adrian's all our good buddies Marty, Beanie and Leo and Chris. She was having dinner with a guy that ran for AG my friend Michael Henry Ina Bernikov. So she's a Brooklyn lady. And then we've got two from Queen's Joanne Ariola happens to be our counsel lady me and Lou and Vicki Palladino. But Carr, David Karr has been very outspoken about this ridiculous Pierre to tear tax. Have you say it? I don't know, God who's French idiotic? Brandy Mastro came out yesterday he's actually sewing and representing a whole bunch of fine New Yorkers. He called it a gross abuse of government power. And that's basically what David Carr has had to say. So today is a big City Council hearing. The mayor is not coming. He's on vacation. Okay, fine, he's not even sending a rep. No one, no one from Gee Hot Boys office will be at the City Council hearing today. I can't imagine David Carr is very happy about that. We'll see David. Good morning, buddy, how are you?
Speaker 17: Good morning?
Speaker 24: Said, thank you for having me on the show.
Speaker 2: Always great having you. So the mayor is not there, that happens, okay, but he's not even sending a rep to this hearing today that you guys are holding on the second home tax. Are you not furious?
Speaker 24: I'm absolutely livid. I'm outraged, and I think it's an insult to all the people of New York that the mayor thinks that he can ignore an oversight hearing from the legislative branch. Right, this is basic government. It's our job to make sure that the administration of the day, and it happens to be led by this mayor, is doing the right thing. Is making sure that when it rolls out a program, whether we support that program or not, in this case, I certainly don't that it's being done correctly and being done fairly and judiciously, and that has been the exact opposite of what's been happening over these last few weeks with the Pieta tear tax rollout. So the idea that the mayor wouldn't send his commissioner or Finance, wouldn't send the high ranking member of the team at City Hall to come and explain why they've done what they've done. And if they think they've done a good job, they can come and say so, and then we get to ask the tough questions. We get to try to get to the bottom of what happens and try to make sure that some of the mistakes, and they've been big mistakes with the rollout of this Pieta tear tax, never happen again.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't want you to give away the whole movie, obviously, because you know people want to watch it, they want to see it on fold. But if you can give me maybe one or two of these difficult questions that you guys at the City Council are prepared to ask today, you may fire up my audience even before seven am on a Tuesday morning. So what do you guys want to hear today?
Speaker 24: So I think there's a lot to ask, and each member comes with a different set of priorities here. But for me, the the thing that I'm most upset about with the Piana tear tax rollout is the publication of basically every single one of my constituent's properties and who owns them, in a way that was unprecedented. The administration claims that for the rollout of this new tax that they had to publish the property tax rolls according to state law.
Speaker 17: That is false.
Speaker 24: The state law that authorized the Piana tear tax does not require everyone's properties with their names attached to them, to be published in an easily accessible format, where now there's a roadmap to everyone's home for all the scammers out there, and there's a lot of scammers out there. Unfortunately, it only required that folks get a letter in the mail saying, hey, we believe that your second home. You know, we're going to levy a piano tear tax against your property.
Speaker 10: That's it.
Speaker 24: That's all that's required here. But instead every one, two and three family home in the city, every condo in the city got put on this list, nine thousand plus properties. It exposed people in a way that's completely unfair unprecedented and just wrong. And that's why I want to get to the bottom of why that happened. And I want to get assurances from the administration that they are never going to do so again, because there's no legal requirement that they had to meet by doing that publication none.
Speaker 2: This is right there, when you just talked about gross abuse of government power. I'm going to play this. This is Randy Mastro, who works side by side with two mayors, Woody Giuliani and most recently Eric Adams, and he is actually he's loving a lawsuit. He's representing a whole bunch of fine New Yorkers or just as angry David Corr as you are. I believe this was yesterday Randy Mastro on the mayor's gross abuse of government power Lewis cut number two.
Speaker 25: I don't want to get bogged down in the legal lease. I want to cut right to the chase. The city is reeling from this decision because a judge found we're likely to succeed on the merits that its rollout was screwed up, all right. The mayor even admitted yesterday we have regrets on the rollout. Well, it runs me of my favorite Frank Sinatrasom regrets. I've had a few, but then again too few to mention they're reeling from this order. But no amount of spin is going to avoid the consequences of this, which is they shouldn't have sent those letters over inclusive to seventeen thousand New Yorkers, including myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened? You got one of those those letters.
Speaker 5: Weren't you have deputy mayor under her Adams.
Speaker 25: Yes, and you're legal required to live in the city. I've lived here for over forty years, paid my taxes, city taxes every year, and have had been deputy mayor twice.
Speaker 4: Legally required to live here.
Speaker 25: It's absurd that they sent those letters to seventy thousand people, and even worse that they published a log that they said was related to the surcharge. It basically included every homeowner in the city, nine hundred thousand people. Let's put people in fear. Let's put people not only concerned, but some feeling very vulnerable that they were going to have to pay this tax. And those notices, those notices were a threat. Those notices I got one. It says you may be subject to the surcharge, gives the amount. But that says but you can apply for an exception and if you put in documentation to the city's satisfaction, but if you don't, they're going to deem you to pay the tax. That's that is really a gross abuse of government power. That's not how we do taxes in this city and in this nation.
Speaker 2: Here's a statement from your Republican colleague from Staten Island, Frank Morano. He says, I think it's outrageous and deeply disrespectful to the public. This hearing was called because New Yorkers deserve answers about a rollout that confused thousands of homeowners and forced many people to prove the city got it wrong. The administration had no problem sending letters, publishing and putting people through a bureaucratic process, but when it comes time to sit before the council, answer questions and explain what happened, suddenly they're unavailable. Written testimony is not accountability. So I guess that's what you're saying as well, David.
Speaker 24: Yes, absolutely, this is an opportunity for the administration to come and have questions put to them, Let the public see. Let it be a natural back and forth, not some manicured statement that's been gone over twenty times before it was released. It's an attempt to avoid questions. And the unfortunate part about this is the last administration, the Adams administration, from time to time to the same thing, they didn't send a rect They just no show to hear and called by the Council, and my colleagues on the progressive less were outraged about it. I doubt they're going to be outraged today. There's going to be a deafening silence coming from that wing of the Council about this Mayor deciding not to show up to a duly called hearing and basically answer for himself and the actions of his administration. And that's his shame.
Speaker 2: It is a shame. But the problem is so what you know, I mean, he stood outside of Ken Griffin's residence, which was every bit as bad as what he's doing today, stood outside the guy's residence where the guy lived. Guy's about to spend six billion dollars in New York City. Now he's considering spending all that money in Miami. So he did that. Now he's done this. I mean, there's no stopping this guy. He's a lunatic. He's a maniac. And you know what's funny, David, there are still people, whether it's Errol lewis that racist bastard on New York One, or others in the media that goddle the guy, like Melissa Russo and Marsha Kramer, and actually people trying to convince me he's doing a good job. I asked the same question about Kathy Hokel yesterday. What has Mam Donnie done in his nine months that is good for the city compared to all the things he's done to hurt this city.
Speaker 24: Well, the reality is that no one could really say that he's doing a good job with the straight face unless they're completely deluded.
Speaker 17: So I mean it's this.
Speaker 24: Guy has promised new cops and then taken them away. This guy promised free bus rides for the MTA, he's never delivered. He promised to act differently than all of the administrations of the past. He's he's shown that he has complete contempt for oversight and separation of powers and accountability in a way that's on precedence, and so he is acting differently. The others acted much more responsibly, and he ballooned the budget by ten billion dollars compared to last year. So there's nothing about this guy's tenure in office in this first year and this half year and change to make anyone, I think, with a sane mind think that he deserves renomination or reelection. And I think we just have to keep making the case over the coming three years, three and a half years to stay to the public. This is what you got, this is what you brought on upon the city, brought upon yourselves in the November twenty twenty five election. It's time for a change, and drip by drip, your start to see the cracks.
Speaker 17: In the armor.
Speaker 24: And I think we're going to make a really strong case of the voters next time we have the opportunity that we need to change, and in the interim, we.
Speaker 23: Just have to fight this guy every.
Speaker 24: Step of the way on these terrible policies.
Speaker 2: David Carr, Republican City Council member, doing a great job here This morning. I happened to like, Dave, you know, I've got a lady coming on this morning. Her name is Jeanette Pick. She'll be on about nine o'clock and her father was killed on nine to eleven and she is one of the many, many thousands of people that have signed the petition started by my new buddy Giovanni Galante to keep this disgusting mayor away from that sacred site on nine to eleven, so she'll come on and talk about that. I did have one young lady on who wants him there, but she also admitted to me that she would vote for him if she lived in New York. And her name is Elizabeth Miller. Either way, one of our old buddies, and we've been to events or he's spoken, and we both supported this guy. This wretched scoundrel. Curis Slieva comes out last week, calls he nine to eleven families sore losers, basically says, suck it up, you vote it with this guy. He should be there. He found a way to malign me and Andrew Cuomo like he always does. Did you see that video? Were you shocked?
Speaker 24: I'm really disappointed by Curtis's remarks. I think that we need to show real proper respect and reverence for the families, and these families, you know, it's twenty five years on now, they're still going through hell and this is probably the worst day of the year for them. Every time it comes around, and I think when you have someone who's going to be there, who's not going to be a source of solace, not going to be a source of a comfort, then I think that that person should stay away. And so I think the mayor should listen to what the families are saying and sit this one out, because he's not going to be adding anything to the proceedings. He's only going to be harming people because of the associations that he's had, the things that he said in the past that you know, really make him an unacceptable quantity to be there on such a solemn occasion, and he's done that to himself. It's his choices over the years that have really made him radioactive for these purposes.
Speaker 8: Well, and I think he just needs to withdraw.
Speaker 2: Yep, stay home, do us all a favor. So what time does this big hearing saw today? And you guys are basically talking to nobody. I mean, you're talking to me, you're talking to the price, but you're not talking to any real big city officials. So I'm not exactly sure outside of exposing the lies, and he lies about everything. He I got Tom Homan on yesterday. He lied about a Trump administration decision when it comes to miners having legal defense in the city. He lied about that those miners, a lot of them are twenty one year old men. They're not six year old little girls with their dolls. He starts a filthy liar. So what do you expect to accomplish today, being that you're basically speaking to nobody but people like me.
Speaker 24: Well, I think we're gonna have to put on the record again everything that went wrong with the rollout of the to Pieda tear attacks. I think we're going to have to really call him on the carpet for not sending even the most mid level of individuals to come and speak on behalf of the administration. And the good part about this is still that the public gets to come and put on the record their frustrations, their concerns, and what they would like to see moving forward. And that's really a critical part here. So I think even if the administration no shows as we expect, at least the public gets to have their say about what's been happening.
Speaker 2: Last one, I got some buddies on Staten Island texting me right now. You know, the brooken Boro president was a friend of mine and we got along great. And then I had the balls and nerve to endorse Frank Morano against his kid. His kid's a great kid. I love Griffin, great kid. I just thought Frank was Oldham, were prepared and would be better at it. And Frank one one big by the way, And now Veto won't talk to me anymore. Nothing doesn't return the text. I mean nothing. Very disappointed, I must say in Vito bo Salo, who I thought was a bigger and better man. I'm a father too and I'd be upset too. But it's over right, so let's move on. But the rumor is is that you now are already starting to make plans, if not even more than that, maybe even campaign donations, I don't know, to be the next Staten Island Borough president. Can you confirm or deny that on this show this morning, David Carr, No.
Speaker 24: I can absolutely confirm it.
Speaker 23: Said.
Speaker 17: I'm running.
Speaker 24: I opened up my committee, We're fundraising, we're talking to the public. It's you know, it's a long runway to twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 2: So one of the so you so, one of the questions was asked by me, I'll love of the other guy, like him. I don't know if you're doing that. I don't care. Johnny Tobacco, He's like, why is he now already doing this three years in advance? And you just said we'll a long way, you offered three years away, So why is that?
Speaker 24: Well, I think it's always good to be prepared, and I think it's good to let the public know what your intentions are. Right, I'm nothing to hide. I'm being completely tricked. I want to do this. It's it's a passion of mine to continue to serve Staten Island. It's something I wanted to do ever since I'm a little kid. I'm blessed to be doing it now as a council member and as minority leader, and I just want to keep fighting for a better quality of life for the place that I love and call home and that so many of my neighbors and friends and family do. So for me, it's a it's a conversation worth having, and it's worth having over the long haul. And so I think, you know, the as they say, the pool's warm, right, everybody can jump in, uh, And I you know it's it's it's.
Speaker 23: Just going to be.
Speaker 24: I think a great campaign and I look forward to continuing to serve the public.
Speaker 2: I think you're a great guy. I really do. I think you'd be great at that job. I know you love Staten Island. You do, so you know you'll uh, you'll love me. David Carr, this was a very important conversation this morning. I appreciate you coming on. Good luck this afternoon. Although it's not ung you can abible to accomplish, I shouldn't say that. Actually exposing the mayor and getting the lies on record and some of the really nasty stuff that he's done does matter. So good luck this afternoon, and we will talk often in your endeavor for what's coming up next. Thank you, David, Thank you, sir, God bless you. David Carr right there, city council member here on sitting friends in the morning, one of just five Republicans out of fifty one on our city council. It's amazing we get anything done. Although Julie Lennon, as I've been doing a pretty good job. As I played even I would say that I know that she wasn't very nice to me and my friend Vicky, but she seems to be coming around. We'll see a long way to go We'll take a break. A couple of big time guests coming up this hour, including Bo Diedle and before that live in studio. Everybody loves this guy. How do you get more patriotic than the great singer Lee Greenwood? Greenwood Live in studio, All coming up this hour.
Speaker 26: Justin ill like you You your sports updates sponsored by Morgan to Pilo Spoiler's go to pilospoilers dot com, befund to deal or are you pilow Spoilers The world's best built boilers Out in Queen's right field, the Carson bench throughout two Padres runners at a home plate on consecutive players in the first inning. Fellow rookie A j Ewing cut down another from the left field moments later, and the Mets held on for two to one victory with the San Diego Prodgers and the opener of a three game series up next. For the Mets, left Zach Thornton starts a middle game up this three game set tonight, first pitch from City Field scheduled for seven to ten PM. That was for the Yankees. They were off yesterday ahead of opening a three game series tonight in Baltimore. First pitch from Camden Yard, scheduled for six thirty five. Yanks for gaining one starter and losing another place in Left hander Max Freed on the fifteen day IL because of a left elbow bone bruise has stint on. The IL is retroactive to Friday, a day after he allowed five hits and five innings against Seattle. Just hasn't been himself as of late. And that's clear, clearly because bone brus boy, he's been Max Freed with a bone bruise.
Speaker 2: So that's just so he's been somebody else.
Speaker 26: Yeah, he's been somebody else at himself. He's not Max Freed a completely healthy elbow. Oh okay, you.
Speaker 2: Know, don't look now, but he'll come to Orioles and you know why. And this is gonna make Joe Biningo very upset. Somewhere in Mahwa, New Jersey this morning. Pete Alonzo here coming he has been kicking. Yes, he'll come the Orioles.
Speaker 26: Yeah, three games under five hundred and fourteen and a half y o, he's back of first flight, seven and a half games back of the Yankees for second place.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I guess not coming anywhere.
Speaker 27: No, no, no, no, no, no, they're not. Now they're gonna play golf.
Speaker 2: That's all done by you.
Speaker 26: Yeah, Carlos for Don comes back today, though he'll start tonight at Baltimore. He comes off the fifteen day. I always been on there since July third because of left elbow inflammation. So now you got your Yankees rotation. It is Carlos for Don camp Schule where Cole will Warn and Ryan Weathers obviously now without Max Free. Big news out of the NBA Los Angeles Lakers Governor Jeanie Buss. She wants to hold on to that seventeen point eight percent share of the Los Angeles Lakers so that she can remain in that governorship role. Reported earlier yesterday that the Bus family voted to sell the remaining shares to Josh Kushner and Bob Iger at the same twelve and a half billion evaluation that Mark Walter agreed to last week. But clearly Genie here has some contention with that deal. Wants to remain at the helm of that A Lakers franchise, So we'll see what comes of that. That's your sports sponsored by Morgan A. Pillows Boilers go to Pillows Boilers Dot counterfunder dealing to you pillows Boilers, the worlds best boll boilers. I'm Justin Ellick on seventy seven w ABCIX SID.
Speaker 1: And Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: The Annual Republican Jewish Coalition, the RJC, run by Matt Brooks and more importantly my first cousin, Norm Coleman. They do a great job. They hold conferences all year all over the country, but the big one is in Vegas. And at my first opportunity to speak last year, and I tore the place down. I think I called Tucker calls in a douchebag, and I think I said about Candice Owens, she well, she's basically a word that rhymes with punt.
Speaker 27: Yeah and one nuts.
Speaker 2: So they invited me back this year. Last year I spoke like in between Scott Jennings and Brandon Tatum. This year, I've seen some of the guest list. House Republican Conference Chairwoman Lisa McLean will speak. She's out of Michigan, Brandon gil Republican out of Texas, the VEC Ramswami running for governor in Ohio, Randy Fine. His primary is today in the Great State of Florida, Texas Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick, Mike Rogers, he'll be running against that creep abdul Lsied in Michigan. He'll be there. Craig Goldman, another Republican out of Texas, Captain Ed gol Ryan, he's the guy that kicked Thomas Massey's as thank god, out of Kentucky. Also on Montana, Tucker, Emily Austin, many others. So I'll be out in Vegas Monday and Tuesday. That'll be I guess August thirty first and September first, those two days. Then I come home for a couple of days, and then I jet said to Dallas where we're gonna hold this Republicans. We'll be holding this convention never done before. You've got the big one for the president obviously the RNC, the DNC, but this one is for the midterms. That's how important November's elections are. So they're gonna hold like a two day event in Dallas, and we're gonna talk to the Republican National Committee Chair Joe Gruters on this program coming up later on this morning. So a lot to do. We will take a quick break when we get back. Everybody loves this song. You realize this song is already forty two years old. God Bless the Usay, nothing gets me more pumped up, maybe outside of Rocky Steam than God Bless the USA. The amazing Patriot, great American Lee Greenwood, after spending the whole day on TV yesterday, is live in studio with US coming up next Patriot.
Speaker 1: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: God blessed to you every rally. What an amazing song. Lee Greenwood can't believe that song is forty two years old already. I read this today. I love this. You know the opening line of tomorrow all the things were gone. I've worked for all my life. Turns out, I guess, and Lee can confirm this now that that is a tribute to Greenwood's grandparents who struggled on the farm. So with that said, I love this guy. What are you doing? I'm very honored that you make it your business to see me every time you come to New York. Thank you, the amazing Lee Greenwood. Lee, Good morning, how are.
Speaker 28: You to Good morning? I'm great man. I listened to every recording. It's interesting at trivia. You may not know it might be important to you because you'd like country music. The singer's on that. That's the original recording from MCA back in nineteen e mcgues yeah, hold.
Speaker 4: Of My eighty four. Yeah, that's the Gatlin Brothers.
Speaker 28: Oh no kidding, singing background and they were on another label at the time. They became my friends when I first started touring in nineteen eighty one there in Nashville, and I wrote of course USA and nineteen eighty three, and I asked him if they come and sing one night, and it was actually they snuck across the streets the studio I was recording, and nobody knows that they were even singing that on that recording.
Speaker 2: Wow, the Gatlin brothers. So that's true. Though that first sentence of that amazing song is about your grandparents struggles.
Speaker 4: It is exactly true. I guess. We were on a sharecropper's farm.
Speaker 28: We didn't have much land, maybe five six acres, and had a lot of fresh fruit. I didn't find out how expensive that was till I left the farm, by the way, and they were unable to really make a good living, so they had to give it up and they built some apartments on the land that we had, and that was the only way they kept make money after that, but I worked a harvester and the tractor. You know, when I was very early with my grandfather, his name was Jackson, Thomas Jackson. He wasn't my original grandfather. I don't know much about the Greenwood grandfather, just that, you know. It was an early divorce and my mother, who had to work in bars when my father joined the Navy after the bombing of Pearl Harbor caused a divorce between them. At military families go through that a lot, and she couldn't have me and my sister. So we were raised with my grandparents, the Jackson's and Sacramento, Sacramento.
Speaker 2: Okay, but now you're in Nashville, Tennessee. And all my friends Tommy larryn Riley Gaines, my friend Clay Travis, all these great patriots with you at the very top, all live in Nashville, Tennessee.
Speaker 17: Yeah.
Speaker 28: Actually most of us are south in Franklin. And there's another little hideaway because a little further up in the mountains.
Speaker 4: It's really beautiful. The kid Rocks got a place and a lot of others.
Speaker 2: You know, wow, look at that area. That is unbelievable. I've been there. I've been to the Grand Ole Opry. I've been to the barbecues. I've been out to Vanderbilt University in Nashville to watch the Tennessee Titans in the NFL actually during their training camps. And I could live there in five minutes. And I gotta tell you, as you talked about with me off the air, walking the streets in New York City and seeing some of the trash out there in the street. Talking about the people and the mayor, you're just talking about actual trash. Nashville, Tennessee sounds great.
Speaker 28: Nashville is beautiful, and we were taking care of our downtown. We've got a great mayor now.
Speaker 4: And I'm they tell you the truth.
Speaker 28: I was walking the street here in New York yesterday and I was just appalled to see the trash on the street. I got out of a car because we take ubers around just kind of get all the media yesterday, I had to step I had to jump over it to get out of it.
Speaker 4: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: And you love New York, right.
Speaker 28: I love New York. So does my wife. She likes to actually tour the street and buy a lot of stuff. But we still.
Speaker 2: So lee back in twenty twenty. You put your name on an American made bourbon. You handled the very first bottle handed I should say, the very first bottle to uprunt President Trump in the Oval Office.
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 2: That was in December, and then nine months later it all fell apart. What the hell happened?
Speaker 28: Yeah, the wolk crowd wanted to break us, and they kind of they kind of did for a while. But we have a new owner now to Soldier Valley Spirits, and we're back up and running and the people just absolutely love the bourbon, the whiskey and the vodka that we have. And if you folks want to have a little bottle of this, we don't sell any in the spirit stores. By the way, it's only online. Lee Greenwood Whisky dot com. Okay, that's easy, Leeah Greenwood Whiskey dot com. I mean they even wants far the son of a bitches to close down the Nebraska distillery that made year old. Yeah, Omaha, Nebraska started by a veteran, and we serve veterans. We give three charities. One is, of course, Tunnels to Towers. The Solar family. We absolutely love them, and so we give us a portion of the profits to them Folds of Honor. Also another great charity for scholarships for children for soldiers.
Speaker 4: And we have our own called Helping a Hero.
Speaker 28: We build homes for wounded bowyers, over two hundred homes in fifteen twenty years and we're going to continue doing that. So there's several other charities we serve. But this this bourbon, we had a runoff in Kentucky.
Speaker 4: We won.
Speaker 28: This is the best possible bourbon. You got to test it, try it, buy it for a soldier. A soldier would love to have it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 4: It's a moment of good feeling.
Speaker 2: That's all that. I love that, and you know I noticed that. And Tunnel to Twis is the best. There's no doubt in Frank Sola loves you. But you know you're doing stuff with the soldiers. We've got our friend, the amazing actor Gary Sonise.
Speaker 4: I love Gary.
Speaker 2: He's great too. There's a loup ross soldiers. It's nice to see Lee other people get involved with.
Speaker 28: By the way, Gary, if you haven't seen it yet, garrisone is narrating the film about nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: Oh he is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need to see that, folks.
Speaker 2: When is that coming out?
Speaker 4: It's already out. Oh it is you can find it online? Is that? I know what can be the title of it?
Speaker 2: We'll get it.
Speaker 28: Of course it's a description about nine to eleven. Of course we have the twenty fifth anniversary coming up. I will be here in New York.
Speaker 2: Oh you will be here. Oh yeah, Well let me get to that in a second. First, I just want to let people know that while you're talking about how great the bourbon is, that you make bourbon, whiskey and vodka.
Speaker 4: And look at you and see interesting.
Speaker 28: The whiskey and vodka are easier to distill and get out into the market quicker.
Speaker 4: Bourbon takes six years.
Speaker 28: So we have a stash now waiting since the new owners have taken over, and we're ready to sell it.
Speaker 4: So that's why we're here.
Speaker 2: This is such a great story too, Lee, because you know, again, I think you're one of the great patri it's and the President agrees, and you just thought and to see an American brand which was dead by no bolt of your own, three different presidents fourteen years. You did all you could to help promote this country and they killed it. But to see an American brand back again, that's a great story. This is a great comeback story.
Speaker 28: Well, we love that, don't we. We love people come up from the ashes as the roses of success. That's how it goes. I'm troud to tell people about it. And Legerinwood Whiskey dot com has really done well. By the way, if you can't see it because we're on radio here, this is a bottle that looks.
Speaker 4: Like a World War two canteen.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 28: The soldier used to carry that have a little water. When they're deployed on the ground, they have no way to get water, so we thought that'd be a nice replica. It has six on it means I got your back, and it has a little dog tag on it with LG on it.
Speaker 4: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: It is very cool. I have to say. Just the packaging looks looks amazing. And you did mention nine to eleven. Yeah, so I was only here that day with a guy named don I miss. Do you remember him?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, of course you do.
Speaker 2: So the night before four the Giants had played the Broncos Monday Night Football. This was September tenth. They rewarded the Giants who got killed in the Super Bowl by the Baltimore Ravens the next year with a Monday night game and the Giants got killed again by Brian Greasy and the Denver Broncos. And they flew back to Newark Airport the next morning. And my old buddy Jim Bosselo was the coach of the Giants. He was a great Patriot too. He actually said that as they were pulling into the terminal that United flight ninety three was heading towards a runway. And we know what happened there in Pennsylvania. He said, Sid I would go to work every day to watch film with the Giants, and the same cars were there all day and all night because those people died balking their car. Terrible. But the other big sports story from that time was that the Yankees went to the World Series. Now we know they suffered a brutal loss, the one bad played by the amazing Marianna Rover in his whole career, and they lost to Arizona.
Speaker 4: But it went seven games.
Speaker 2: They went seven. But let me take it back to Game four, because I believe Game four for Lee Greenwood, the great Lee Greenwood. You sang that amazing song at Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 28: Right, you know, And I talk about looking at the film, I do look back at that and it was a cold day.
Speaker 4: By the way, I was very somber.
Speaker 28: I see me walking out on field and I've got these black gloves on my hand because i was so cold, and I don't sing well when my hands get cold, and so that was the only regret.
Speaker 4: I wish I didn't have those gloves on. But I was very somber.
Speaker 28: I wore the red, white and blue leather jacket and the reason and people said, you can't wear America's colors and clothing if.
Speaker 4: You remember that time, and and like, well, this time I am.
Speaker 28: I want the rest of the world, A billion people are gonna watch me on TV sing. I want them to know America's not on its knees. We're wearing our colors and we're coming for you, those people who sent those planes into the trade towers. So it was it was a big moment. I was I've got a tearful thinking about it at the moment. How many people had lost. Three thousand people lost their their lives in the trade towers. And I'm like, I'm determined to sing this without without cheering up.
Speaker 2: You know, that's sweet. No, I knows was seeing those people with signs in the stadium, they were they were actually families of victims.
Speaker 4: We did Fireman's Memorial Yankee Stadium.
Speaker 28: First three hundred firemen were killed, and it was Mark Anthony sang America. The beautiful Bette Midler did the wind beneath My Wings and I sang God bless you say.
Speaker 4: We were written.
Speaker 28: The dugout hugging each other and crying before I went on stage, and my wife Kim was there. And then we did the Police's Memorial for Bernard Kirig, who was the police commissioner. We just lost him unfortunately, and he put that together. That was at Carnegie Hall, and then of course we would come back to New York and work at the Stock Exchange every year to honor the families and the kids.
Speaker 4: We were singing that that first Christmas.
Speaker 28: We're on a poldium outside of the Stock Exchange on the street, snipers on the buildings, you know, just for protection, and they funneled these little kids upon stage. Well, how nice to have a little audience as we sing some Christmas songs. He said, oh no, every one of these is an orphan. They lost kids and parents in the tray towers, so it just can. And we did that for four or five years and it got a little better. It got a little better every year. He's see a little bit more optimism about people and not another terrorist attack.
Speaker 4: Make no mistake, folks.
Speaker 28: The reason we didn't have another terrorist stack in New York or anywhere else in this country because our soldiers went to war to find the terrorists and they did.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. Also, the NYPD, the FBI, people like Ray Kelly over the years, but you're a hundred percent right. We went, we found these guys. So we've got a big gal again. This year, WABC happens to fall on that night you sang last year, love to help you back? This year, I would loll come, oh good, because it's on that night nine to eleven. The name of the the movie is the heroism and resiliency of nine to eleven, from tragedy to triumph.
Speaker 4: That's a tragedy to try.
Speaker 2: There you go, so that night we got the ABC dollar. If you're there, that would just make it great. It would never be great. But during the daytime, you're going to be down at the actual site. Is that what you're doing.
Speaker 28: They're putting the schedule together now and that'll beit the pleasure of the president. Of course, I'll probably be in Dallas the night before we have an event there as well, be with you on the tenth the RNC we'll be there, yeah, and then it's supposably to fly into the city here the next morning, so I will see.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a hect a couple of days. And I remember you being with I was with you in Milwaukee.
Speaker 28: For the Milwaukee let me tell you, you know, I had no idea and that this is the musical thing. This kind of just give you a little trivia. The band was playing live there. Worked for me for ten years when we did our USO tours when I met my wife on a USO tour. And they're called six Wire now and they tour around three of the guys from Texas, one from Alabama, one from Indiana, and they know how to sing, how to play my song God Bless You I say, which I was asked to sing when the President elect, who wasn't president yet, it wasn't elect, walk in the.
Speaker 4: Building with a big bandage on his right ear.
Speaker 28: We'd got shot in Butler and so it was a moment when I had I was given the freedom to introduce the president to this point, they could have been anyone. They could have chosen any political pundit to do that. And they said, Lee, just speak from your heart. And I had no script. And so when he walked into tunnel, I told the band, I said, you know what I'm going to do. I'm going to talk, So don't play the ending of the song, just keep going. And I waited until the president very cautiously, confidently walked to his spot, and the audience is going crazy, you know, applauding his courage, his fight.
Speaker 4: You know, I was to be there, and I'm watching his son.
Speaker 28: I'm watching Junior in order to get eye contact when the moment to finish the song, because I didn't want to do it prematurely and I didn't want to end before he was in place. So there's a little bit of a timing there to that. And had I not had six Fire with me, wouldn't been.
Speaker 4: Able to have done that.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 28: Yeah, So we finished, and I see the poster here in your in your office, uh here in the studio with the Milwaukee That was That was fantastic.
Speaker 2: That was an amazing week. And you I was there. I for your performance, and you're always amazing. Come on, you're the best, you really are. And driven to tear is actually moments ago. That was that was true, that was not It wasn't rehearsed. And that's how Lee Grimwood feels about nine to eleven in America and all of our great heroes. He's just that terrific of a guy. So on the way out one more time, let people know where they can get this amazing bourbon and whiskey and Vodko, all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: Come back, year, lead, We're back.
Speaker 28: It's bourbon, whiskey, vodka. It's Lee Greenwood Whiskey dot com. Lee Greenwood Whiskey dot com. That's really easy. Get some and if you taste it, you really like it.
Speaker 4: And I know you are. Buy one for a soldier.
Speaker 2: I love that idea. And I will see you hopefully nine to eleven.
Speaker 28: That for the anniversary of nine to eleven right here in the city. Thank you, Thank you the Green God bless you man.
Speaker 2: Then God bless you. Every time you come to New York, you'll find you one of these dudos. I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I will be here.
Speaker 2: You're a great man, Thank you, thanks my man, Lee Greenwood, God bless you say. Hosting that for us on nine to eleven. I guarantee it. We'll take a short break, we'll come back a lot more to do.
Speaker 1: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 22: White.
Speaker 3: Quiet, you're very disrespectful in front of this young man. Okay, don't you find her disrespectful? Who can't understands?
Speaker 2: Quiet?
Speaker 20: Who are you with?
Speaker 2: Fake news?
Speaker 3: You're fake news.
Speaker 17: You're loud.
Speaker 3: You're a loud, boisterous person. Your fake news.
Speaker 2: Be quiet, Be quiet, be quiet.
Speaker 3: You're a fake reporter, and you report fake news.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. I saw a boat Diedel on Friday night. He looked like a million bucks at the home of Bob and Lorena. Dave Roberts had a nice fundraiser for Bruce Blakeman. We took a motorcade from the President's rally in Nassau County to the Hamptons. And then I saw Bow again online on Instagram on Sunday morning, at the same bagel shop that Tod Shapiro goes to. So Bow was a man around town in the Hamptons this weekend. But of course, more importantly, one of the great cops, if not the best, the very best in the history of this city. We love him so much. Uncle bo boat Deedel Tuesday morning, How are you, buddy?
Speaker 17: Good morning, said, and thank you for letting me do what I do on your show. It's really really the only place that we're allowed to tell the truth and tell it like it is. We don't fudge it up. We're not afraid to talk. And that's what America is about. You know whatever.
Speaker 2: By the way, why you're thanking me, let me just tell you the people love when you come on, So go do your thing.
Speaker 17: Okay. So where am I going right now? I'm getting on the Amtrak at ten o'clock this morning. I'm going to Washington with a one on one with Homeland Secretary Mark Wayne Mullen. You know, there's some issues there. I was talking to the President about and he loved. Part of my thing is to bring back a thousand people that self deported without criminal records, who have families in the United States, and show that we do what we say. We asked them to self deport, then they could come back. Why aren't we bringing it back. I want to spearhead at least a thousand of good people who worked hard. They were illegally in this country. They self deported. Now we should welcome back for doing what they were supposed to do. Show people were not just bad people. And also I have to meet with them about Homeland Security Advisory Council. And you know, there's issues on our southern border. I don't know if you've ever heard of Big Ben Texas, right, Big Ben Texas is an area that's along our border down there, and what they want to do is put the wall through there. It's a very mountainous area, very very difficult to put physical. They have different recommended, multi layered approach, you know, with the Thermo sent is, using helicopter all that kind of stuff. The area is a natural resource, so there's arrogains of it. And I tell you what, there's some issues there that I am going to speak to him about and it's all very important. Then my second meeting, and see I go where I go, I go. I'm meeting with the Undersecretary of War and it's on an issue. Listen to this issue. See, I get involved when people are in trouble, when there are problems, I get involved. A real American hero and an army major who's an attorney who is to be promoted to the lieutenant colonel. All of a sudden he was grabbed and his top security clearers was taken away and all that. Guess what if you remember these liberal scumbags in New York State, they come up with a proposal for people who were arrested on felony cannabis, who went to jail for cannabis. They gave them the licenses to open up legal cannabis shop. Can you remember them? This fool thing and a fool thing. Right, So this colonel who are like, I'm calling the colonel ready, he's a major, supposed to be a colonel. So what he did was he sued New York State for disabled veterans. He's a disabled veteran. Why can't disabled veterans open up a legal business? A one? So we opened it up, and I tell you what his name is, Major World War God. He sued New York State.
Speaker 2: He got it.
Speaker 17: They went after him and right now that disabled veterans should have a business. Now they've lowered the cannabis level down to I think see the DEA board four, which is the same as if you invest into a cannabis a public company, a public cannabis company. You less your money, no involvement with day to day operation. Just he puts some of his money up to invest. That's it. So they went crazy. They took his clearest away. So I'm fighting right up to the top, and you know me, I bring it. I bring it to the forehead. And that's it. Now let's talk about some other issues here, really important. We had a bronx cop. I'm so upset about this. Twenty years on a job. He's involved with some scumbag who was in a fight punps you nearers in a restaurant. This really crazy. The officer's name is Omaha Bed. He had been on the job almost twenty years. It means he was eligible for his pension. So he's trying to arrest this guy. His hands bleeding, the defendant's hands bleeding from punching neerers in the bathroom drunk, so he's in the back of the handles. He's trying to secure him. He gets him in a headlock and they're trying to hank him, which he said, I've done hundreds of times. Nobody died. This is bs and this is one of the things if you put your arm around a guy's hey, they yell, headlock, headlock under that piece of garbage Floyd there. Ever, since that piece of garbage died, you don't want us. I don't want to see as By die. But he was a piece of garbage. And now they just took the heart and soul out of the cops. So they're trying to get him coughed. And then all of a sudden, think I didn't die. You know, he hadn't been a headline. And he's yelling, you're choking me. He brings it to the attention of the Sunday Das Lipple DA's and they indict him, and they convicted him. Now now we lose his job, you know in police officers up in this right now on Ryker's Island, Ker's Island. He's not going anywhere, but they put him on Ryker's eye. I can't get murder's rapist into jail, but they put this poor cop in there. And you know what, I can't understand why cops don't do a damn thing. This is a perfect example. This really bothers me, really upstirted me. Then I see I hate to jump all over, but I got good stuff here. That's all I can say. I hate to see, but I remember that brought that fang fang the Chinese fighter was banging Eric Schwawell Well.
Speaker 2: He admitted to it again yesterday that he was banging the Yes, okay, right right, you know.
Speaker 17: What, I'm just thinking, like, yeah, I'm a detective. I'm thinking, you know what, the fang fang there, maybe Maya Mundai remember him speaking Chinese? Maybe he was banging hunt up, I'm speaking. What do you think?
Speaker 2: What do you think? I say, we go with it. The honey pot bang bang and Mamdani I love it? Why not? Why not?
Speaker 17: No? Really, it really gets greater In New York biological need to rob this piece of garbage. DSA assembly Woman Emily Gallagher says shoplifting should be legalized. It's a biological need. The moron, this is what, okay, all of a sudden, all forty nine percent, when you go to cd as, all the cones are.
Speaker 10: Closed, and they want more.
Speaker 17: They want him to rob more and more and more, and right as closing up, they're all we have. Soon he will be no no drug stores left. And this is what's going on. And she wants to support this bull craft as far as letting people off. Oh here the good ones, the daycare, the adult daycare center. A lot of people don't know how much money he's being involved with this thing. There's like thirty two million dollars. They got these places all over New York in fleshing. That kid what's his name, that kid that investigates Nick shirley're there and they got tens of millions of dollars fifty five million dollars over the last few years on Medicaid bills that were submitted when he places.
Speaker 2: Empty empty moy And not just Nick Shirley, but the guy that is at the Murray top with all that is doctor oz As you know, working for Bobby Kennedy. Yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, well that's the federal side. What about this jerk off controller? And you know what, the only one that speaks out about this is joeannandez under for controller And where we're's butter big butt there? Attorney General digit your state? Hey woman, dig your state. Trump is done an investigation. Why aren't we going after this run? Why what reason it's not politically good? Where is our Attorney general for New York State? De fens it air and all that? Now? You know what we think, we started to look at some more medical corruption. Right, all of a sudden, we find out that Hoko got three hundred thousand dollars from a no bigpp E COVID contract. A lot of people forget, but during COVID they it was the same as with Eric Adams with the migrant things. Seven billion dollars, no bid contract. This is where all the crime is when they don't have these bidding contracts. You know why they don't have a minding because they get back some money. And that's the way it is. Now, all of a sudden, during that COVID forty five million dollars, New York State paid to two connected companies forty five million between March and June and twenty twenty. But guess what. Guess what Hoko got. All of a sudden, Huko got. She got money from every one of these things that nobody's investigating. That the only thing they investigate is a poor cop.
Speaker 10: Doing a damn job.
Speaker 17: And here really gets here. All of a sudden, people don't realize, I love my black and Hispanic community, and my black and Hispanic community. She realize one thing black unemployment in New York city's eight point five, Hispanic unemployment six point eight, white unemployments two point six. And guess what Mandami. All he has under his under his group did is DSA is all white. They have none of my Black and Latino brothers in this DSA maybe one or two. They don't like you Black and Hispanic New York is DSA and their communists don't like you. And the most important thing that I could talk about right now is what we have to do. Because everybody can yell and scream. I yell scream every Tuesday morning with you of what where it has. Let's remember one thing. The reason why pray Trump got elected, and I'll tell you right out was back there. And when the second time around you you have these consultant political groups, ninety nine percent of them were full of crap. They take money, they do gods, you know, to God's MEANSO gods? So what they what? What? What? Trump did? He had the great Elon Muskin guy. Elon Musk gave two hundred million dollars to Donald Trump's presidential campaign. But this money he targeted. He's the smartest guy in the world, Elon must He targeted that two hundred million to the five or six states that we could with the swing states. He targeted on the ground, people, telecommunication, mailing. This is what exactly why Trump won his day. They targeted the election. And you know who's doing this, that freaking communist mun dummy and his DFA. What they're doing. He had meetings, he actually has offices in the city. We're paying for for the DFA communists to get the ground game. One hundred thousand people on the ground knocking on doors, four million phone calls. So you see what they do. This is how the communists dsays are attacking us. They are coordinating attack. We've got to coordinate exactly what they do on local, state and federal elections. We have to target the people who are being affected. If I was to target the people in New York, I would target the black and Hispanic community, because you're the ones that getting spooned over by this communist disc A communist craps. You think they care about the New York as black Hispanic people in New York working hard for their families. No, all they want to do is take over our city, which they have, take over our country. And they all want us to do one thing, become communists and give our lives to communism.
Speaker 2: People wake up perfect Allah akbar Inshallah. Boddle is right man. What does John Kasumatiti say all the time. We're okay with immigration, not invasion. And these DSA people, a lot of them radical Islam, just about all of them. That's all they want, like both talked about, they want this radical takeover. They're not interested in any of our communities, not the Blacks, not the Latinos, not the Jews, certainly not the Jews, not the Italians. They hate the Italians, none of you people. They don't care. It's one master plan to take over this country and make us an Islamic nation. Does that sound good to you? I don't know. Doesn't sound so good to me. Doesn't sound so good to me? Bo Didle. Once again, as Mike Breen would say from way downtown, all we wrap it up the seven o'clock hour. Still lots more to do. He is the head of the RNC. We got a huge convention coming up, Sid.
Speaker 1: And Friends in the morning, Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: But does not look like Saturday is going to be great, which is not great news for us because we are holding a big charity event for our charity, Danielle and I this proxya Dcdamerica dot org. Inspired by our beautiful little boy, Gabriel, who has opted to continue to work for Bruce Blateman even though the internship was over August the seventh. I believe Gabe is still working, and I think we'll even be working during his school year. Well his half days on Wednesdays.
Speaker 27: That's fun.
Speaker 2: That's how much he loves Bruce and the whole campaign. So we got a big day planned at Yankee Stadium Saturday, thanks to the team president, my dear friend and Andy Levine. I love that guy.
Speaker 27: Well, this goes Rayner Shine though.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, the game is rained outlays.
Speaker 26: No, they call it because of imminent weather. But if they're gonna call the game a half an hour before the game, then yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, it'll still go on. And I don't think it's going to be that bad on Saturday. Okay, I don't think we're looking at a washout, but then again, I'm not Lloyd Lindsay Young, you know, or Frank or Stormfield. It doesn't look that bad. But at any rate, we got the event coming up on Saturday, and we're all sold out. They bought all the seats, Mark Oranger and Brad Wasserman and my dear friend dal Volpi and a whole bunch of others, Robert Gilbert. We had to believe close to thirty seats. We were selling pairs for five hundred dollars with the money going to the charity, and they were gobbled up very very quickly, very quickly. So we're gonna have a packed house at Yankee Stadium on Saturday for the Yanks and the Blue Jays. How many games out are the Yankees right now? I know they're the top team of the wildcard, right, number one? Right? How many backup Tampa Bay? Are they six back? Yeah? Tampa Bay win yesterday?
Speaker 27: No, I think they were off yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right? And the Yankees they put Max Freed on the il today, but they brought Carlos Don't off right.
Speaker 26: Yeah, he's got a bone bruise in that left elbow, right and Rare don had left elbow inflammation.
Speaker 2: Bill, I can't tell you the.
Speaker 27: Difference between the two, but one's back.
Speaker 2: In swollen, that's all, yeah, exactly. Yeah. I'm a doctor who's pitching against the Orioles tonight. We're done and break up the Mets. Oh my god, right, I think you told me this morning. After winning again last night being a pretty decent San Diego Padre team behind another great outing from Nolan MacLean, they've got the best record since the All Star break.
Speaker 27: No no, no, no, no, since the trade deadline.
Speaker 2: Oh, trade deadline. I'm sorry, right, selling off basically, but they hitted nobody, and they really didn't sell off any of their everyday starters. Lindor is still here, but Shad is still here the pictures right ten and three since the trade deadline. He'll come to New York Mets.
Speaker 27: Yeah, baby, I'm sure they will. Just squeak in.
Speaker 2: They're not gonna make it, but at least, look, if you play good baseball the last couple of months, then you don't completely lose the fan base for next year. Because they were really flirting with that next year, right, the strike will do that? Well? Not sure, there's no baseball next year? What am I talking about? Very good job, justin They will not be baseball next year, that's guaranteed. Guaranteed. Everybody is jockeying to win the World Series. Great year, every this is it. The Dodgers are the favorite to win their third consecutive World Series, the Yankees. They got hopes, but as Justin pointed out, he's right. The two sides are so far apart they will not be baseball next year. That really sucks, man, Like, what are we going to do? I have to watch a WNBA next year. He's not the only sport that goes on during baseball, the w NBA, that's basically it until July. You get football training camps, in August, exhibition games, and that September, thank god, we get the NFL and people stop caring about baseball till the playoffs. What a mess. Oh well, take a break show. We'll be going to Vegas. Well, I'm going at the show to speak for the r JC convention, and then right after I'm done with Vegas speaking from Matt Brooks and Norm Coleman, my first cousin, I fly home and then I'm going to Dallas, and I would imagine the show will do shows from Dallas. Have we set that up yet?
Speaker 17: Justin?
Speaker 2: No, you want to wait till October? I mean it's like September seventh.
Speaker 26: Yeah, there's a little bit more that goes into it than just me saying I want to go do the show.
Speaker 2: Whatever goes into it needs to be done. Now, we were in Milwaukee for the RNC. I mean, come on, this is a big deal, never been done before. I don't run the station convention for the midterms. We need to win in Novembers. Damn it. Let's go Okay, and Dallas is a pretty cool city.
Speaker 27: Yeah, I'm me gett Kevin Georch's he's a guy.
Speaker 2: In charge of this yesterday. Yet what Jesus Christ, you can't make it up as.
Speaker 16: Long as it was in his wisdom too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's still smart coming up for me.
Speaker 27: I got a done this one in September.
Speaker 2: Now they're gonna tell me. I just pulled to him mine a couple of months ago. Now all four A guy I reached out to what is this lady's name, Brett? I think Brett Powell about speaking in Dallas at the RNC. Like I said, these people, I mean, look, I understand the big night, the last night. I guess you get Trump and probably Vance and Mike Job. I don't know who they're gonna have all the bigwigs. But like Milwaukee, this thing was going on day and day, and the big back then it was still Wattley and Trump. I'm not sure, but they started in the morning and there were so many speakers there those days that were so less interesting, less famous, less good looking, less funny than me. Trump loves me. He doesn't like me. The guy put out a video of video. I put a clip of it yesterday on Twitter, congratulating me on the Hall of man My store them on Friday. He loves me. Come on, you got you gonna have speakers all Dallas. You got upon a spot for me. Now, it's no accident. I just did all this knowing full well that Joe Kruder's is on hold. He is mister Orncy. Let's go Joe, Sid and Friends in the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 3: Congratulations especially to Sid Rosenberg on his induction to the New York State Broadcasters Hall of Fame. I can't believe he didn't make it years ago. Today Sid forever joins a roll call of some of the greatest legends and the history of New York broadcasting and talk radio. The best in the business, and he's the best in the business. Over many years that has distinguished himself as one of the most authentic and recognizable voices in American airways and he's built a smart, loyal, gigantic audience that I happened to be one of those people in the audience and I had for a long time, long before where I became president.
Speaker 2: I did put a clip that clip that you just heard. That video is up right now. You can see it on all my social medias at sid Rosenberg nineteen Twitter, at Rosenberg dot Sydney on Instagram, sid Rosenberg on Facebook, and sid Rosenberg on truth Social. You can see the President sitting there as glorious desk in the Oval office with the flags and the family photos. It's really cool. But Dallas were coming because we've got this huge convention that President Trump, along with my man Joe Gruder is the RNC chair, a Florida state senator, is putting together. And Joe, I didn't realize this, but your lovely wife different spelling obviously because she's a female, but she shares the same name as me, and she's involved today Primary day in Florida, isn't she.
Speaker 10: You got it?
Speaker 23: She has a big primary here in Florida. Sixteen. We actually met on the campaign working together as campaign staffers twenty years ago for the guy who currently heard at Verne Buchanan he announces retirement. She worked with him in other members the last fifteen years. Was a member of the Trump administration as the USDA in Florida, in the Virgin Islands World Development Director. And she is going to win today and so I have a great chance in November. But it's Sidney Grugers dot com. Thanks for mentioning that this big day today for the family.
Speaker 2: I love that, Sidney Grutuz dot com. Well, look, you know i lived in Boca for sixteen years and I'm going to go back. My son is going to college there starting next year. Someone in Florida, so you know, I keep an eye on that state. I'm very very close with Randy Fyne. He's running against a terrible jewe hating lowlife scumbag, sorry Joe named Dan Bilzerian. He has no right running, you know, fawning over Adolph Hitler and putting horns on my friend Randy Fin's head in a video. That guy should be excluded from running. He really should. But you've also got Byron Donald's my friend. He should win easily today and others. You got like four or five major races in your state coming up today.
Speaker 23: Yeah, we have four new open seats as a result of the redistricting that we did this past year, So we're going to pick up four new congressional seats. We made up with a total of eight or nine new congressman. But yeah, Randy fine I was on the phone with him this morning. Yeah, hit his opponent that Dan Blazourian guy is a complete joke. He's a fraud. I wish we could arbitrarily kick people off the ballot that's running as a Republican. He does not deserve it. It's a Randy Finespan. He was my roommate when when we were in the legislature together. He's my next neighbor in DC. He's one of my closest friends. And what they've done to him and what they're the fact that they're willing to put that on social media, and that people are these You're exactly right, they're jew haters, and it's it's it's so over the top, but it's a reflection of where society is and where it's heading. And it's a uh and we're going to stomp that out. On the Republican side. The Democrats obviously have embraced it and uh, and we're gonna obviously Randy Fine is gonna have a big win today. Byron Donalds, I would imagine because of the Trump endorsement, will have a big win.
Speaker 17: Uh.
Speaker 23: And Randy also has Trump's endorsement and shows the power of Trump's endorsement. These guys are all going to be winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to get back to Trump's endorsement. But one race I'm paying attention to him. It's and I hate Democrats. I hate them all except for one John Betterman. I say it, I hate him, I really do. Uh, there's all such thing as a moderate Democrat anymore. There's one John Betterman. Their low lives, they really are. They've embraced to hate the Jewish people. They they want to chop off our little kids, you know, anatomy. They're just they're crazy people. But there is one race I'm watching because he's Jewish moscowitz Don in Florida, and he's running against the guy his name is Oliver Larkin, who is a psycho DSi, anti American, anti jew guy like mom, Donnie Bozarian and everybody else. You know that race, right, yeah?
Speaker 23: Yeah, And I served with Jared Moscowitz too. Yes, he is as close to they come as a monorn Democrat, but he voted against the working family tax cuts, so he's no better, right, But this is a reflection of the Democrat Party. You have forty DSA candidates that have won from coast to coast, not just in places like New York City, but Middle America. And this is a reflection of a party that has Mandami Bernie Sanders AOC as the leaders. And it's not just Trump de arrangement syndrome anymore, which is what the party was. The Democrat Party seemed like it was trending towards does anything the president wanted. They want to go against them. Now it's America arrangement syndrome. They're literally rooting against our country. They're rooting against our values and our culture. They want to get rid of things like the border. They want to give ancy to everybody, including the murderers and rapists. They want to give rid of police, they want to get rid of the Senate. And think about this, like they have candidates who are coming out and saying that they're against July fourth, like lsied against thanksgetting and I say, you know the five days that I really like of in the year is Thanksgiving week. He's like, watch football with my family, be thankful for everything. And they want they listen, they want these things gone because they're fundamentally trying to change their country. That's what we're up against. That's why, that's why people are gonna. I think in November, people will reject this extremism that's coming out of the left and they'll vote for common sense and the continuation of the president's good policies.
Speaker 2: I thank you're right, and I hope you're right. Yeah, thank god. That lady lost. Francesca Hang she was in it Wisconsin, that's right, Ron Johnson state. She wanted to banish Thanksgiving. Then she loved Thanksgiving. She's very confused. She lost anyway, So do you want me to move back to Florida and maybe run for by mc donald's old congressional seat.
Speaker 23: Yes, listen, it seems like that that seat, it's such a great conservative seat, and they have candidates running NonStop. We need somebody that will sit there for ten years. We're gonna get a new one, new nominee today, probably the Trump endorsed candidate Loft that just got the endorsement late but I'm excited about her or not Lessen, I'm excited about all the Republican chances in Florida. We have such a tremendous state. We've been trending right because we've had courageous leadership at the top. We're doing things right. I mean, we're open for business, low taxes, and people are voting and moving with their feet. And Florida's been the main recipient. And once we get past twenty twenty eight and we elect a new president, we get past the census and we only include American citizens, the electoral numbers will change significantly towards the Republican favor as a result of people moving to the states that are like Texas, you know, Tennessee, Florida, states that are solid red because people are moving out of these disaster blue states because misery and demise is a choice. And that's where you know, the Democrats, you know, survive and thrive is when you have all this doom and gloom. But if you want to have a chance of the American dream, you gotta go red.
Speaker 2: No, there's no doubt. And people ask me all the time. I did an interview yesterday too, actually, and they said you know, Ma'm Donnie's killing New York City. We're praying to God that Bruce Plateman wins in the state over Hulko. Maybe I had one one day. I don't know. But they asked me, how are we going to change this? And I said, I don't think we can because every decent Republican is gone. They moved to Florida, they moved to the Carolinas, they moved to Tennessee. They're not here. What decent Republican besides me and a few others are gonna stay in this city, in this state. So really, gruders. While I love Florida and I'll be back there one day, trust me. With Scott and Sean and Andy begged me every day at least while I'm living in New York, you guys are killing me. You're killing me here.
Speaker 23: You're exactly right. It is tougher. And I tell that to people at California all the time. How are we going to holl Is Hilton going to win the Gummer's race? The same thing in New York. It's much tougher because you're exactly right. A lot of people have moved with their feet, so you have to win with less, and I think we just have to people have to get to the point to where they're so upset at the system in you know, people don't mind paying taxes if they're getting the benefit of having you know, you know, safe neighborhoods, great schools, on and on. But when you give them nothing and you give them trash and you tax them to death, people can't stay. And so that's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: That's terrible, that's true.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know you mentioned President Trump tomorrow'll let you run. And I had a friend tell me last week, you know, the luster is up, and I voted for him, but I don't like them anymore. And all my friends don't like them anymore, and all my shots, we don't like them anymore. And it's over. I said, wait a second, I second. Yeah, of all these races going on all across the country the last couple of months, I believe my stats are right. The candidates that Trump endorsed won like over ninety percent. And then you get the candidates that Trump doesn't like, big miles like Thomas Massey, that low life in Kentucky, well Bill Cassidy. They got killed. Thomas Massey got killed So if the Trump endorses candidates are winning and the people that turn on Trump are losing, is that not a great barometer. I think it's great proof to tell people that President Trump is still immensely popular.
Speaker 23: He is very popular with the bass and because the guy is actually doing what he said he was going to do. He's keeping his promises, He's keeping America safe. He is literally the president of the working class. He's completely transformed the party. The Republican Party is Donald Trump's party. He is our president, he is our commander in chief. He's doing a phenomenal job. And yes, listen every the alternative think about this. Four years ago, I think inflation was almost nine percent under Biden. He's still dealing with the Biden crisis, and we're dealing with this Iran where what people don't know is we don't see everything that the president sees. The number one priority is good for the presidents to keep America safe. He's doing that every single day. He's doing what he thinks isn't the best interest. He has been an absolute champion across the board in so many different ways. I wish people got to see him like I gotta seem like you get to see him and in his element where he's going out there and really going to battle and going to bat for the average American out there. He loves America. He wants us to be in the best possible position. He's willing to expend some political capital to try to make that happen. And we have to support him now more than ever because we're literally facing a party that wants to fundamentally change the way we live. And we got to fight for what we love. We got to fight for what we believe. Our children will live in a world that we want to live have them live in, and we want them to have that opportunity of the American dream. And we're the party Donald Trump's the president to make that happen. We gotta give them a full four years. And that's why we're doing that GOP convention. All your listeners going to GOP convention dot com. You can join us. It's gonna be the first time the public is actually invited to a convention. It's gonna look and feel just like a real convention. It's gonna be a star stud of the event. It's gonna be absolutely awesome. And I hope to I hope everybody gets to witness it live in person if they want to do it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I can wait. I love the Wisconsin Ship a couple of years ago. This one in Dallas coming up? Is it? Joe? The September seventh and eighth of those the.
Speaker 23: Right dates, it's eighth, ninth and tenth, eighth.
Speaker 2: Ninth and oh really, eighth, ninth and tenth. I got to get back before for nine to eleven, obviously, which is going to sort as a president, we both got to be here that morning here in New York City. So eighth, ninth and tenth in Dallas. Have you guys yet, I know there's a lot of security issues obviously with the president. Have you announced the venue yet?
Speaker 23: It's going to be at the American Airlines Arena.
Speaker 2: Beautiful place, Jerry Jones House.
Speaker 23: Yeah, it is going to be awesome. We're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 2: I've been the football games there and boxing matches there. Okay, and I know you've heard me. I put the request into Brett. You got three days, you got a lot of hours. President Trump can't speak all day every day, so if you want to build a couple of minutes, this good looking radio host from New York. Wle set that place on fire.
Speaker 24: I promise you you'd be phenomenal where we are working on the U.
Speaker 23: It's actually a great idea, said you should be a speaker at our events. Yes, the question becomes is we're still going through the process in terms of the actual speaking list, but I'm going to recommend that they bring me up. I love it, you'd be perfect.
Speaker 2: Thank you being honor my lifetime really to do that in the last couple of years for President Trump, Joe, want to help you out and this amazing party and do me at paper. Thank you for that one more time. Tell everybody wh they're gonna help out your wife, Sidney Gruters in the state of Florida. I got a big audience right now listening in Florida. Where can they help her out this morning?
Speaker 23: Go to Sidney gruiders dot com. She is a winner. She'll be a Maga warrior for the for the President. She'll go up there and do a phenomenal job. She is just an absolutely wonderful human being. And she's been a great mother, and she's been a great champion on the ground working for a long time in Yes, and I appreciate that big Dayta in the primary. We got a tough general coming up. I'm confident that the voters will see her like I do, and they'll love her and they'll hopefully vote her in November.
Speaker 2: He must be great. She's married to you, Sidney folks for the y unlike my name, I'm Si d Any. Why she is s y d Anywhy Joe Gruders, keep up the great work. You've done a tremendous job in this role, very important role as o RNC chairman. And I will I'll see you in a couple of weeks in Dallas. Buddy, thank you so.
Speaker 23: Much, look forward to us said, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: All right, Joe Gruders right there the chairman of the rn C. Will you terrific guy? And we had rans previous way back when. And and Lou love RNs Prebus. I don't know why, but why did you love rins Prebus so much? Lou?
Speaker 16: Well, maybe it's just name.
Speaker 2: It's such a weird name.
Speaker 4: You're not how are you gonna do that?
Speaker 16: You cannot go to Dallas?
Speaker 2: I have to What do you mean.
Speaker 22: You're gonna make it back here for nine to eleven?
Speaker 2: Well, I won't say till the tenth. I would I would say, like the eighth and ninth, you would have to speak on the two days. I have to speak on the eighth or the ninth. Yeah, yeah, no, I have to be in Dallas or at least a day or two.
Speaker 27: You can't do then eleven show.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no no. I got to be back by the tenth. I got to be back by the tenth. But you can't be a Trump guy like I am, not just a supporter but one of his real guys and be a you know, a maga Republican and not go to Dallas. I mean we look like idiots, right, Okay, So but I'm thinking like two days. You know, it's a good point, Lou. I'm thinking like the seventh. I mean, like the the eighth and the ninth, the eighth and the ninth, come back the ninth that night or the tenth that morning after the show, and be back to day for nine to eleven, souse, he do up be back and then I'm hosting don't forget nine to twelve, a huge event at Madison Square Garden. They picked me. They picked me, dom Albertie. Here are great security guy and Mike teen and the great cop pipes and drums, seven thousand cops from all over the country. They got me hosting at the theater at Madison Square Garden September the twelfth.
Speaker 16: Right, we're just.
Speaker 22: Still making my points.
Speaker 2: I got a lot to do.
Speaker 16: Yeah, that's the key.
Speaker 2: A lot Vegas, Dallas, Madison Square Garden, all that going on. These are the prices you have to pay, lo when you become a rock star like me. Didn't you start today show with rockstar? I'm through with standing in line? Yeah, yeah, we'll talk.
Speaker 22: You Like Johnny Cash, I've been everywhere, man.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that song. I do love that and I've been everywhere. That's true, talking about nine to eleven. Yeah, I do the best I can. I got a lady coming up next who was referred to me you like this by Mary Ann from Brooklyn.
Speaker 16: Oh cool.
Speaker 2: This lady who's about to join us happens to be a Howard Stern fan. I would hope she's not anymore. I know Marianne will always love him, and I'll always love mary Anne, but Howard has become a complete dick, I mean a complete dick. But she probably still likes him this lady. But more importantly, this lady is a family member of a man who was killed back on nine to eleven. I believe she has already signed the petition that Giovanni Galante put out there, which he talked about on this show, got about eighty thousand signatures in four days, and she's with us. She does not want Mayor Mamdani anywhere near that side day. Family member of a man that lost his life on that tragic day. Her name is Jeanette Pick and she joins us. Coming up next.
Speaker 1: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast network.
Speaker 2: Giovanni Galante, and he's the man that started this petition. I'm on board one hundred percent to keep the mayor away from the the nine to eleven commemoration memorial service coming up this year twenty five years. What is your message? If he's listening right now, and if he's not, it will get to him. What is your message to mom Donnie?
Speaker 20: We respectfully just asked that he stay away. We don't want the publicity, we don't want the circus, we don't.
Speaker 17: Want any of that.
Speaker 20: This is a day, like I said before, all of us get together and we go honor the people that were murdered.
Speaker 17: That's it.
Speaker 20: It's a simple one. I'm not asking for anything huge. You know, he doesn't have to be there. He knows that, we know that. But obviously we'll see what happens. There's nothing we could do other than just ask for people to sign a petition.
Speaker 2: He's been on twice. He brought his friend Charles Wolf on the show. Not long after that. His wife believe her name is Catherine, she was forty. She's dead too, murdered, murdered. And these families in big numbers are asking for the mayor not to show up that day. The majority don't want him there. I either saw my had Elizabeth Miller on the show. I've got other friends. I won't name them. Well, okay, we don't want him to get the spotlight so he can come. No, no, no, no, silly, he yelled. These people they're victims. But no, if he comes, he gets the spotlight. Why don't you understand that he doesn't belong there, hang out with Hassan Piker. America deserved nine to eleven. You think I care that he took it back? Now, of course he took it back. He's out there. He's the base of the Democrat Party. He's campaigning for every one of these DSA candidates all across the country, from Denver to Michigan to New York. Of course he took it back, but that's how it was in his heart. In his heart is America deserved nine to eleven. He's a scumbag, just like the mayor is a complete scumbag. So these families don't want him there. I don't want him there. I know the President doesn't want him there. He hasn't said up, but I know he doesn't. So you know, they got this big thing in front of city Hall on the eighth, which I was coming to with Bruce Plateman. But it looks like I'll probably be in Dallas on behalf of the president of the Republican Party. But regardless, the petition is last I heard about eighty five thousand strong, and more and more New Yorkers again, including the majority of the families of the victims, don't want them there. So Mary from Brooklyn made me aware of this lady. Her name is Jeanette Pick. Her father was also murdered that day, died, and I know that she's nervous, But Jeannette no reason to be nervous. You're talking to me like you talked to one of your friends in Brooklyn or Staten Island, so no reason. Good morning, sweetheart, how are you?
Speaker 29: I said, how are you now?
Speaker 2: You sound great? You say you're fine, you sound great, You're okay this morning? What's going on?
Speaker 29: Nothing? I'm just sure to talk about the petition and yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well tell me this. Okay, you've heard Giovanni Gillante on this show. You've heard Charles Folk on this show. I know you spoke to both of them, since two great men. And there are only two of about ninety thousand people, all right, folks, ninety thousand that have signed this petition that don't want the may or anyone near that sacred site. And not all of them are families of the victims like you are, or they're guys like me, just regular guys. Does that make your heart warm? Knowing that so many New Yorkers are on the same side as you.
Speaker 29: I just really appreciate all of you. Know, they say never forget, and I feel like with this petition, it truly shows that America hasn't forgotten, and that we have so much support behind us, and that you know, people keep signing it and it keeps growing every day.
Speaker 2: But don't you agree that when you vote in somebody like mom, Donnie and I know a lot of the folks that voted for him weren't even a lot on nine to eleven. They're a bunch of dopey young kids who drink Starbucks in Williamsburg and party all night Manhattan. They're dope the young kids. But for the folks that are older, when we say never forget, havn't those people forgotten?
Speaker 29: I view it. I am not in this, you know. Politically, I'm politically neutral. I think there's pros and cons to both parties. My thing is is who he has associated with politically, professionally and personally is the reason I don't want him there.
Speaker 2: That's fair. I mentioned hasan piker, but he's just one of many. His wife and the co conspirators of the bombing of the ninety three World Trade Center bombing. I mean, I do not notice, Janette and I had the same conversation with Giovanni that a lot of you folks are really afraid to get into any political discussion because I guess to the backlash or the other families that are Democrats that actually are okay, with this animal being there, but you can say, he's not a guy who can say that here.
Speaker 29: The reason I don't want to talk politics is because I'm here to focus on the ceremony, you know what I mean. I feel like that would derail from any message that we had, Like, I just don't want him there because you know, he's smiling with an m Mom in October of twenty twenty five, who was an unindicted co conspirit in the ninety three bombings. And he also appointed Ramsey Castim on July first, twenty twenty six, uh an ex might I add an ex el Qaeda defense lawyer to be his personal chief counsel? You know, I just don't understand. You know, we've asked him nicely not to come. We've had to go to the media. But if he can pick and choose events he doesn't want to go to, and he asked New Yorkers to respect his decision. He decided not to go to the Mech Gala. He decided not to go to the Israeli Day Parade, and he said it was due to his personal and political belief and he asked New Yorkers to respect that. I don't understand why he's not respecting our wishes for him not to come because of his associations with those who have justified and minimized the murdering of our loved ones.
Speaker 2: Wow, you just hit a home run, Jannette. You know that somebody who I mean, you just nailed it. You're exactly right. He can skip this Ready Day parade, he can cancel the Puerto Rican Day breakfast the day of the Puerto Rican Day parade. He can talk all morning about Gaza and the Palestinians before Saint Patrick's Day. He can do all that stuff right, and he can give the Columbus statue the middle finger. Trust me, he'll be nowhere near the Columbus Day parade come October. He can do all that stuff right. But you guys can't have your own opinion about murdered loved ones. Man, you were just that was perfect.
Speaker 17: My god.
Speaker 29: He was invited. It came out in the post last week. He was invited by the family members of the nineteen ninety three, the February nineteen ninety three bombings where six people died, and he decided to skip it. And he was invited to that. You know, we haven't I know some people. You know, he hasn't been invited to this, and yet he insist oncoming. So I just don't understand the hypocrisy. You go, you don't go where you're wanted, but you go where you're not wanted. I don't understand how that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. Did he have any excuse why he didn't go to the nineteen ninety three remembrance.
Speaker 29: I believe he was meeting with Trump for something, right, Sure he was okay.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you were to call President Trump and said, listen, mister President, they're meeting today for the World Trade Center, what do you think the President would have said? Please?
Speaker 29: I don't know. I'm not Trump.
Speaker 2: I can tell you. I can tell you Trump would have said, you go do that, mister mayor we'll talk later. That's much more important. I can promise you. As a New Yorker, so exactly right, a great New Yorker on that, I'll say that you don't have to So I do this with all the folks that come on or you brave, courageous folks, And I love what you're doing here, Jeanette. I did the same thing with obviously with Giovanni and Charles and that is. I think it's important we get to know your loved ones. The people that you love that will murder that day, they just to be recognized and talked about twenty five years later. So if I'm corrected, was your father Joseph who was killed that day?
Speaker 29: Was Joseph's pick? He worked for Fiduciary Trust. He was He worked on the ninety fourth four, last seen on the seventy eighth. He was in the South Tower. And he was also in the Air Force as well.
Speaker 2: Did you have a chance How old are you when your dad?
Speaker 29: I was nine. I went to school in Hoboken and the first plane got hit at eight forty six, and the teacher came in the classroom and was like, the twin towers have just been bombed. And I jumped up and I said, my daddy works there, because I'm getting looks so and they brought us into the kindergarten classroom, which was the biggest classroom, and I can actually see the skyline from outside the windows, so on TV and in front of me, I saw my dad's building get hit.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, did you actually see your dad that morning? Janette? Was when was the last time you?
Speaker 29: Last time I saw my dad was September ninth, and the last thing we watched was I don't know if you're familiar with those with the program Result Swim. Yes, the last thing it was the premiere of Aquatine Hunger Force and that was that was the lot. He let me stay up late that night because he loves Space Goes Coast to Coast and Johnny Quest and they were on there all shows from the eighties. And the last thing we watched together because he let me watch because it was only a ten minute show. The last thing I watched with him was Aquatine, the premiere of Aquatine Hunger Course, and that was the last memory I had with him.
Speaker 2: I think Mike Tyson was on that show what at one point too with those So when did you guys, you and your mom and the rest of your family find out that he was not coming home?
Speaker 29: So my mom, you know, called all the local hospitals and you know, we put up missing posters and everything, and I actually had to give DNA the school nurse, and you know, my mom kind of made it a ruse, like, oh, well, you know, the nurse was like, oh, you know, everybody's you know, doing this you know, swabbing the cheeks. And I saw my mom in the nurse's office and I was like, Mommy, why are you here? And she's like, oh, you know, you know some BS story because you know, I was a little kid and I'd watch watched unsolved mysteries, you know, do do do do do do?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 29: And I said are you taking DNA? And they were all like And then my mom's like, let's go get a happy meal. And I was like okay. And then my dad's remains got identified in October twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: Oh they did, fine remains. Wow, you're talking about thirteen months later?
Speaker 29: No? No, no, no a month later?
Speaker 2: Oh no, So you said twenty twenty one, right right, right, right right?
Speaker 29: By excuse excuse me one month two thousand.
Speaker 20: And one, right right.
Speaker 29: I know, I know that only forty percent of unfortunately, of the twenty nine hundred and seventy seven people's only forty percent of the remains have been found.
Speaker 2: Are you an only child? Yes, okay, So give me one more story about your dad because people tell me all the time my dad died six years ago, and they tell me all the time. He listens every no, no, thank you, not nearly as tragic as your father passed away. But at any rate, they say he still listens every day and he's out there as your guardian angel. And all the success you've been having said, it's a direct result of your father up in Heaven. Give me a story about your father that you would share if you were going to speak about him tonight, I.
Speaker 29: Would just say how fun he was. He I'm trying to think of the story. Oh my god, Sorry, I'm like blighting. Okay, So there was an Italian restaurant and Hoboken he always took me to called the Rico's, and I remember we went there and he surprised me. I was obsessed with the Backstree Boys when I was little, and I remember I was sitting there and I kept talking. You know, I had a Baccy Boys t shirt and I just kept talking about them. He surprised me with tickets sixth row seats to the Millennium Concert for me and my cousin Julie and my aunt Grace, and I was it was one of the best memories ever.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I feel so bad. I got to tell you why. I'm going to Las Vegas next week to speak at this big Republican Jewish convention and it's at the Venetian Hotel. So last year I went to speak there, and right outside the hotel is this immense, very popular place called the Sphere. And last year, you know what, last year when I spoke, the Eagles brought this fear. And my wife Danielle and my son Gabriel went to see the Eagles. So they said, well, who's there this year? And I said the back Street Boys. I said, we don't want to go now. I felt bad.
Speaker 29: No, I loved the Vacsci Boys. My dad and got me those tickets, and me and my cousin were just like so excited, and it was just want to And you had brought up Howard Stern. My dad used to play Howard in the car when we were we would drive to Pennsylvania to go visit family. Yeah, so I was like obsessed with Howard.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course I ended up being on the im Miss Show, so of course I Miss was the arch enemy of Howard, and I went back and forth. Right there you go, pig vomit very good. Eighteen years was virus in the Big Virus right in the movie eighteen years back and forth with I miss so, but I was still against on Stern four times, and I did host Wackpack bowling, which was a very very big deal. Jim Florantine got sick. They had me host Wackpack bowling. I met Marianne, I think that day for the first time, so I've got some history with Howard too. I got so on the way out, I would ask you, and you've been amazing, not nervous, you sound great, you are you are a perfect ambassador with these families, and that I mean, that's sincerely from the bottom of my heart. If the mayor was to hear this right now, and Giovanni did this, and so did Charles, what is your message, your heart belt message, as a daughter of a man that was murdered that day, what is your heartbelt message to the mayor?
Speaker 29: Dude, we don't want you there. When I say we, I mean myself and the only and the almost ninety thousand people who have signed the change dot org petition. I don't know how else we can say this to you. We've you know, we've gone to the media, We've you know, had a petition started. Literally Scott Lobato put it in skywriting, I don't know how much clearer we can tell you we don't want you there, Like dude, I don't like what don't you get?
Speaker 2: That's perfect, that's all you got to say.
Speaker 29: And yet it's got a message like dude, we don't want you there, just like I said in the post, we don't want you there. I don't know why you're not respecting our wishes, like this is our family members. This is, you know, our burial site for our family members. And shouldn't we have a say in who goes and who doesn't. This isn't a political thing, you know. We don't want this to be a circus. We just want to honor our family members. And I don't understand what he doesn't get.
Speaker 2: Either do I. But he's a bad person. So that's the bottom line. You're not You're great and you were fantastic this morning, and thank you very much for coming on the show. We'll do it again before nine to eleven. God rest your father's song. I'm sure he's very proud of you died this morning. You really were great, Janet, Thank you so.
Speaker 29: Much, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Great job. Janet, pick right there. Gotta love her moish. She was great Jeanette Pick. Thank you to Marianne from Brooklyn. We'll take a short break morning due I'll hand the football off to Brian Kilmead in about forty minutes.
Speaker 1: Sid and Friends in the morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 15: I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice.
Speaker 16: Well, how were we supposed to know when that is?
Speaker 15: You won't. I'll let you know. You are the bouncers. I am the cooler. All you have to do is watch my back and each other's take out the trash.
Speaker 2: You are money. You are money. So is today the day that Swayze would celebrate a birthday of the day that he.
Speaker 16: Dies birthday August eighteen.
Speaker 2: I'm afraid to ask old he would have been. He died to two young guys.
Speaker 22: He died in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he's dead seventeen years.
Speaker 16: At fifty seven.
Speaker 2: He died, so he would have been seventy four years old. He was such a great looking guy. He had everything. Man, I love Patrick Swayze and you played that scene from Roadhouse. I love that movie. Kelly Lynch and Ben Gazzara, all those great actors.
Speaker 16: It's a great movie.
Speaker 17: It is.
Speaker 16: He makes fun of it. It's great.
Speaker 2: Who makes fun of it? I don't know. Shut these people up another idiots. It's a great movie. He was great. He was great. He was the cooler. Yeah, the bouncers. Heah, the coolers. Then he made one movie and I can see him skydiving right now with Keanu Reeves. High Point maybe something something like that. I don't know. Point Break very good. I love Patrick Swayze, Got More Air.
Speaker 17: He was good.
Speaker 22: Wade Garrett, He's still the best. Who played Wade Garrett, who played the older bounce.
Speaker 2: Let me think about this for a second.
Speaker 16: He comes and visits him.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Oh, I got it Meal, I'm gonna go with Sam Elliott.
Speaker 16: That is correct.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one. Come on. I used to love him too.
Speaker 16: Shoot, I bet that hurt doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, kicks with that white beard mustache and the tan. He had the whole thing going. I like Sam Eli. He put a very good tough guy.
Speaker 22: Oh he had two hot hot guys there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's true. I know he made other great movies, but Dirty Dancing was the one from me. I love that because, don't forget, I've spent every summer upstate for the better part of fifty years, so that whole thing to me the Mountains upstate. There was another movie was terrible, but it was also about a hotel upstate. It may have been called The Rains. One of my favorite comedians up there when I was a kid, and the guy loved me. Later in his life he lived in Fort Lauderdale as an older man, and when I was doing sports talk radio in Florida, he never missed my show and he would call in once in a while. You know, we'd call him once in a while in Fort Lauderdale. Frank Vincent, remember Frank Vincent, Sopranos. Sopranos. He played the guy that Tony went over his head in the gas station. But even more importantly, he played Billy bats and good Fellas.
Speaker 22: You feel it strong, you fear it.
Speaker 2: Very good. I think he also played Pesci's brother, not brother. I was in Peschi's crew in casinos when he started hitting him with bats. He was such a great he looked like a real top at tiant and he would call me. He'd be in Fort Lauderdale, he said, I'm listening. And a guy named Freddie Roman, a brilliant Jewish comic from the Mountains. He was living in Fort Lauderdale. He was in that Lorraine movie. He may have been a dirty dancing too. He would call me too o Lorraines, I think. But these people be down in Florida, all these retired actors, and they'd be listening to me, and you know me. It was a sports talk show, but it really wasn't I do everything else? And they were love it. They would call in. It was fantastic. Tommy won't draw with.
Speaker 16: You, Tommy empty.
Speaker 22: I just got out of them, out of the joint and I'm messing around with you're breaking your ball. Yeah, I can't mention what's worring? Now go get your shirt.
Speaker 2: That was it. That was the big scene. Rest in peace, Frank Vincent. I think Freddy Roman is alive. I hope he is. And of course Patrick Swayzey.
Speaker 22: A long time ago Freddy Roman, isn't it Well?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, remember I haven't done a show in Florida for almost twelve years and he would call me then. He was old then, So my guess is he's probably still not around. But at any rate, that was a fun little walk down memory lane. We'll take a quick break we'll come back and we'll wrap things up. It's been a great Tuesday edition of Sitting Friends in the Morning with a big show plant for tomorrow, sid and Friends.
Speaker 1: In the Morning on the Red Apple Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Who else? Anybody else? I check in here late? Oh, my friend Caroline Shinkle's mother checks in Caroline, and we're going to do something for Caroline because I really like her a lotch He's a lot of people that run. I like almost all of them, and if they are Republicans, I do my best to help them all win. Some have no shot, none, some have some shot. Caroline should win. She's got it all. She's very smart, beautiful, and her mom is even better. So they will reach out to you, Carolyn and try to help your daughter, Caroline. But we're done for today. That's it. On my way to see doctor John Potash in fresh Meadows because I love doctor John. Well, he's got a new practice there or is.
Speaker 16: It too personal?
Speaker 2: And no, no, nothing for something this morning you don't want to talk about. I don't know, no, no, no, it's got a new practice and they actually deliver some very very healthy, very healthy items. I'll explain more about it later.
Speaker 16: Oh, that's not. It doesn't sound too covert at all.
Speaker 2: No, it's not covert. It's actually uh no, no, it's it's it's uh, it's an intravenous and it's like a be twelve and all these all these I guess ingredients that are very very healthy for you that you get instead of taking nineteen vitamins and pills a day. You go there for fifteen minutes, they give you the intravenous and you walk out and you are healthier than you've ever been healthier and actually improves your immune system to fight off diseases. Yeah, that's great. So I'm gonna check it out today and we'll get John on the show. He's a great guy. Yeah, I know you do. You're gonna go with me one day, I hope so, yes, And you're not coming justin because you do pilates, so you're you're as healthy as anybody possibly is. He loves his pilates justin. He's so cute. Me. Are there any straight men in not coming just here?
Speaker 4: Class?
Speaker 2: In the pilates class?
Speaker 27: I got canceled today though.
Speaker 4: What happened on my instructor's sick Oh.
Speaker 14: He said, shut this thing and get uh right you sa a nice shot for like a million.
Speaker 27: Bucks jog instead, how about that in the in the humidity.
Speaker 2: No chance of that. Maybe, ze, No, you're not gonna do that, trust myself in the We're done. We're done for today, but yeah, be careful.
Speaker 8: Thanks for listening to Sit and Friends in the Morning.
Speaker 30: You can hear Sit in Friends in the Morning weekday mornings at six. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at WABC radio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 2: What the heck is going on here.