Speaker 1: This is doctor Wendy Walsh and you're listening to KFI AM six forty, the Doctor Wendy Walsh Show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Appf I Am six forty. You have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Doctor Wendy Walsh Show. Kaylew you laugh at me.
Speaker 3: I love when you have high energy.
Speaker 2: I was getting energy.
Speaker 1: It makes me so happy because I was feeling a little tired. You know what I did today, what I got a new car. I got a Honda Prologue.
Speaker 3: Prologue. That's an exhausting process. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It is. Okay, this is an industry we need to change everybody. I know that Carvana and CarMax and all these things say they're doing it, but no, you still have to go sit in a dealership and negotiate for hours. But luckily my husband used to work in the car industry, so he could look at all those tiny little numbers that they put on that contract and hide the things in. But anyway, I'm very excited. I have been an early adopter of electric cars. I had a smart car, I had a Fea Electric. Of course, I have my Tesla for many years and now the Honda prologue because they have a really great By the way, they pay me nothing to say is I'm not even a brand person. I don't even know if Honda is good, bad or whatever. But there's some kind of rebate thing that's huge that's on by the end of the year. So that's why we quickly did it, and how we found the cars. We drove in it as an ober to a Christmas party. We drove into it. I mean we were the passengers and we said, the guys, this is a brand new car, because yeah, it's a couple of weeks old.
Speaker 2: And I said, what is it, Like, how many miles does it get?
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah and the next thing, and I'm like, I'm going to go buy one tomorrow. And he goes, well, I happen to sell them, come visit me.
Speaker 3: So I did.
Speaker 2: So it was all good. Hey, there's a new study out.
Speaker 1: I want to talk well, before I get into this, let me just say what's coming up. I am later in the show going to join the rest of America and become an armchair psychologist in diagnosing armand Luigi you know who I'm talking about, right, Kayla, Oh yeah, mister eyebrows and abs.
Speaker 4: Eyebrows and abs, and the one that everybody has an alibi for everyone in the social media world to say that he was with them in bed that night, so he couldn't have committed the crime.
Speaker 2: So girls are fangirling.
Speaker 1: I predict that the trial of Luigi Maggioni Mangioni, I say that right is going to be another big, huge media circus. Everyone's gonna watch it. It's going to be an indictment on the healthcare industry. I mean, my heart goes out, and I'm very sad for Brian Thompson who was brutally murdered by this assassin.
Speaker 2: But alleged assassion. Alleged assassins.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to say everybody's innocent in America until proven guilty, no matter how many cameras are on them and how much footage there is.
Speaker 2: Hey could have been fake news.
Speaker 3: We don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Later on, I'm gonna do my best, but I first want to talk to single people. You know, almost fifty percent about forty seven percent of Americans, according to the latest US Census Borost Census Bureau data, are single. That's almost one hundred and twenty million people who are unmarried, nearly half of all adults over the age of eighteen. Now, when you hear those stats, right, don't you go, oh my god, what's wrong with America? Because back in nineteen fifty is like eighty five percent of people were married. Well, why do you assume that being married is the right thing? Or why do you assume that people who are unmarried are not in relationships?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: They could be in same sex relationships and have chosen not to be married. They could be in heterosexual cohabitating relationships and chosen not to be married. Maybe it's just the old institution of marriage that they don't want, right. Well, there is a new survey that came out to help American singles find love by wallet hub, a financial website wallet Hub. They compared more than one hundred and eighty US cities across thirty five key indicators of get this dating friendliness, and their data ranges from you know how many people in the population are single, to the kinds of dating opportunities to the average price for a two person meal. All right, so they came up with the top cities to date, the top cities to be single, in Okay.
Speaker 2: Number one. Are you ready, Kayla, I'm writing it down. Atlanta, Georgia.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Apparently it's affordable, there's lots to do, and there's lots of single people, okay. And they also looked at gender breakdown too, because if you have too many of one gender or one sex, then that's an imbalance and doesn't make dating fun. So it looked at Georgia number one. Number two is shocking to me. Las Vegas, Nevada.
Speaker 3: Really, I know the city of sin.
Speaker 1: I know it's like a well, I guess single people party city.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know, could it be?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Number three is interesting to me because I think of this city as a family city. Seattle, Washington, Okay, swinging singles running around there, But apparently they are and.
Speaker 3: It's always raining there, so it's nice to snuggle up.
Speaker 1: You're gonna like this one because it's in your home for you. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is close to home.
Speaker 1: You're New Jersey, I am, but as you explained to me, because I knew nothing about New Jersey until I met Kayla. Prior to that, I knew about Jersey Shore, and I also knew that whenever two people from New Jersey met each other, the first thing they'd say is what exit, Like, there's only one road?
Speaker 2: Yes, there's one road.
Speaker 3: Are you north or south? That's what people care about.
Speaker 1: So I also learned because I always thought New Jersey was a suburb of New York City where people commuted in, and apparently part of it is, but not Mike Kayla's area. Mike Kayla if she was going to commute somewhere obe to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, right or.
Speaker 2: Philadelphia or Philadelphia?
Speaker 3: Yes, but oh Pennsylvania.
Speaker 2: I got those two p words.
Speaker 1: Miss problem with me. Okay, moving on down the list for happy singles. The other place to go flirt and have fun is Tampa, Florida. Tampa, Okay, not even Orlando. Tampa, Like, isn't it on the Gulf coast with a bunch of like snowbirds from Chicago or something who don't go to Miami?
Speaker 2: Is a Tampa.
Speaker 4: I've never been to Tampa, but I might as well check it out now.
Speaker 2: Okay, another one which is a great city.
Speaker 1: I spent a weekend there recently, had a fabulous time as Portland, Oregon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, lots to.
Speaker 1: Do, lots of great food, lots of art, it was fun. And then Cincinnati, Ohio. Now I want to dispute something from this study done by wallet hub. Just because a city has lots of single people in it doesn't mean that it is a place you will find love. You see, while divorce is contagious, marriage is also contagious, and if you want to be married, you should hang out with mary people because you know what married people want to do with their single friends. They want to get them married to somebody. They don't want them hanging out. So I actually think this is just my guess that you would do better as a single person if you hung out with married people in cities where there's lots of marriage going on. But if it's a city that's full of single people, where there's a lot of single people on nightlife and fun, why are you going to get married? It sounds like fun, Like why leave that single life? They did look at also gender balance among singles, So they looked at the cities it was great to be single in, but then they looked at the ones where the closest equal amount of males and females, So we're talking about heterosexual relationships, I guess. In their study Kayla, you are not going to believe I'm going to tell you the top five, and I'm going to go backwards because when we get to number one, you are not going to believe it. Okay, these are cities that have a lot of singles and about the same amount of male and female singles. You ready, yes, okay. Cheyenne, Wyoming is number five.
Speaker 4: Okay, I never even heard of it till just now, right now. Oh, he talks beautiful?
Speaker 3: Is it beautiful?
Speaker 2: Is so beautiful? It's too expensive?
Speaker 3: Too expensive?
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: Lincoln, Nebraska is number four. I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait for it. Number three Fontana, California. Do you know where Fontana is?
Speaker 2: That's out there in the Inland Empire.
Speaker 1: You just keep going out the sixty or the tanner out there, and you're going to hit it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yep.
Speaker 1: In fact, I had heard I don't know if this is true, but I had heard that Fontana has a lot of firefighters, nurses, and police officers.
Speaker 3: I do like firefighters.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: Number two is Boise, Idaho. Okay, now wait, get this. This is the city in America with the closest gender balance, meaning equal number of males and females in the single marketplace. Nino California also out there.
Speaker 4: Okay, I gotta get to the ie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta literally get on that freeway go out to the sixties.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So this week, speaking of all you singles out there, I was at a I don't know what you would call it. It was a luncheon. It had like seven women. They were all elegant, and they came from different walks of life because we were brought together for a purpose planning for twenty twenty five, and a number of them were single. A number of them were in their forties or fifties, and they were asking me about the science of love and how to find a mate, and very quickly I was able to do a quick summary of what they should do. And then I thought, uh, I should tell my listeners this because here I just did it at lunch for these women, and they're like, you need to tell the world this. I'm like, well, okay, I'll do it on Sunday. So when we come back, if you are single, if you are looking for a mate, listen U because I'm gonna tell you how to do it when we come back. You are listening to the Doctor Wendy Wall Show. Okay, if I Am six forty were live everywhere on the iHeart Radio app.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: AFI AM six forty, you have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Doctor Wendy Walsh Show. I want to welcome my TikTok audience. I don't know how long we're going to be together, right.
Speaker 3: Kayla, till January nineteen.
Speaker 2: January nineteenth. TikTok is like going to disappear.
Speaker 3: That's what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, you guys better come over to Instagram because I'm over there too.
Speaker 2: Wow. It's gonna just go away, that's what they're saying. This will be interesting, won't it. Anyway?
Speaker 1: If you're just tuning in your live in the iHeartRadio studios in Burbank, California, I'm doctor Wendy Walsh, known as America's relationship Expert. If you're a listener to KFI, just come on over to TikTok and you'll be able to see us here in the studio. I want to talk about techniques and things that people need to understand if they're single and they're looking for a mate in twenty twenty five, no matter what your age, want to remind everybody that when until death to us part was invented, death was pretty imminent, and even the most monogamous of humans will have two or three long stint of monogamy in their life now. I know. Every once in a while I get a talk about Live where some listener calls in and says, I've been with my spouse for forty years, and I'm like, congratulations, you are not typical. What is typical is to have a stint of monogamy, maybe one for raising children and a divorce and another one, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Because we just have longer.
Speaker 1: Life expectancies than we've ever had in our history. And so this whole The first thing I want to tell you about finding a mate is dump the myth that you're going to find your soulmate in your twenties and you're going to stay together for four or five or six decades, and if you don't, that relationship is a failed relationship. Hate that word. There's no such thing as a failed relationship. There's only a relationship that you'll learn something and relationships are not about luck, they are about skill. Okay, So if you're looking for love in twenty twenty five, there are few things you need to know when it comes to the science of love. And if you don't believe love is a science, you haven't been listening to me long enough. There are biological, psychological, and sociological pieces of the art and craft and science of love. Number One, understand your mating marketplace. In the last segment, I was talking about a new study that showed where it was good cities in America for single people because there were huge populations of singles. I want you to understand that right now, in our modern Western culture, we have an oversupply of successful women. Now, the problem, it's not that there are fewer men. There are fewer men that these highly educated and money earning women want to marry because they have patriarchy swimming in their heads too. And by the way, ladies, i'm talking to you, your idea of a power man might just be a guy who can power a stroller. So it's not that we have fewer men, it's that more women are surging ahead in education. I'm a university professor. The feminization of college campuses has been very obvious to me, and it's been going on for a couple decades. In my particular school, we are about seventy percent females. So I'm telling you that, ladies, there are not enough guys of your education and income level to go around. Now you're all thinking, like, but I'll be the one to get the alpha male so I can be a trad wife.
Speaker 2: Then why did you go to school?
Speaker 1: What is this trend about trad wife? Okay, it's really cool to be like I am. I have a partner, I have a best friend. We're equal in some ways, uneas equal in others, but it all balances out right. When I got my head off this idea that a man should make more money than me, that a man should be tough or stoic or whatever, and I instead met a best friend who likes to do dishes.
Speaker 2: And laundry, I'm like, oh my gom, and he can fix things.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I'll say anything for that. It's amazing. It's like I have a tad wife. No I don't.
Speaker 1: He has a career too. Okay, so understand your mating marketplace. If you're in a mating marketplace, one of the worst places for educated single women right now is New York City, just an oversupply of successful women. I'm sorry, Kayla, you didn't. My producer just rolled her eyes and looked very sad when I said that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like New York men. That's unfortunate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, everybody likes those men, especially the ones that work on Wall Street and are tall and have deep voices. But you can't all have them, and doesn't mean you're settling. It means you're finding something great. Get patriarchy out of your head. That's when I say, secondly, learn your true mate status. Now I'm gonna tell your story. So when I was in my twenties, I was hot, hot, hot. I could get any man in bed, literally, anyone, anytime, any place.
Speaker 2: I was hot, hot, hot.
Speaker 1: And then I became a single mom. I learned that when you're dragging two kids as balls and chains around, all of a sudden, these sort of like middle management, middle age, middle weight divorce dads would start circling and I'm like, wait, no, no, no, these were not the guys I used to date, the ones with Academy awards and Super Bowl rings. Wait a minute, this guy's driving a minivan and he thinks he can go out with me. And that's when I realized, oh oh, my mate status is not what it was now. I could have clearly chosen, not settled, chosen to have a great, blended family with a wonderful guy. But I did not want to expose my two daughters to a poor romantic choice that I might make. I was just too afraid that I would make the wrong decision and they could get hurt somehow. I will tell you this. I read a statistic that terrified me. One of the most dangerous places for a child to live in America is in a home with a non biologically related male mommy's boyfriend, mommy's.
Speaker 2: Husband, stepfather, stepbrother.
Speaker 1: Apparently three times the rate of sex abuse, emotional abuse, or physical abuse. And I had made really poor choices in the past. I didn't want to expose my kids for that. So I waited, and I kept studying the science. I wrote books about relationships, I did a dissertation on attachment theory. And then when I finally entered the mating marketplace again, I tested my mate status. I would hit on those guys, match with them on the apps, not hit on them, but you know, match with them on the apps who were particularly tall, made a lot of money, good looking, whatever, And I would see how long it would take them to respond to me, and they took too long, and then I went, oh, let me move down a little bit on the scale. And when I met my now husband to see the amount of energy he had on that app for me, I was like.
Speaker 2: Ooh, this is cool. This is cool somebody who actually loves you.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Also, you need to learn your attachment style. If you do not know your attachment style, go and google these words Chris Frayley, he's a big researcher and attachment Chris Frayley attachment test. Go take it the attachment test, and then you can learn a little bit about why you're choosing people who are inappropriate for you. Love is not about finding happiness or pleasure. Love is about finding the familiar, and it's based on some of our early childhood attachments that we may not even remember how they laid out. This becomes our model for love and finally learn how to use those darn apps. I talk about it all the time on my show on social media. Tune in if you want to. All right, when we come back I'm not a therapist. I'm a psychology professor, but I've written three books on relationships.
Speaker 2: And I love to weigh in on your love life.
Speaker 1: I am taking your calls live here on the Doctor Wendy Wall Show.
Speaker 2: So give me a call.
Speaker 1: The number is one eight hundred five two zero one five three four. Producer Kayla's going to go screen the calls and other room I see her moving. That's one eight hundred five two zero one five three four one eight hundred five two zero one. KFI you are listening to the Doctor Wendy Wall Show and KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Kf I AM six forty. You have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you. This is the Doctor Wendy Wall Show.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying to go on Instagram live, and my Instagram people.
Speaker 2: Are telling me there's no sound, no audio.
Speaker 1: That's why they should always download that iHeartRadio app and they can hear. If you have a question, I would like to call in. I'm happy to be taking your calls. The numbers one eight hundred five two zero one, five three four. That's five two zero one KFI. Okay, producer, Kayla, do we have anybody on the line.
Speaker 3: Of course, we have Charlene with a question.
Speaker 2: Charlene. Hi, Charlene, it's doctor Wendy.
Speaker 7: Hi, doctor Wendy.
Speaker 2: What's your question? Love?
Speaker 7: All right, So, my husband and my mother got into a really bad argument this past weekend and it got really aggressive. I feel like my husband was right in the argument, but I really just don't like the way that he spoke to her, and I really don't know how to address it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, first of all, this is not your issue. It's an issue between your husband and your mother. And it is important that when you are in a marriage that you appear as a united front with your spouse, and you set up very clear boundaries with family members, and you choose those rules together. So I think what needs to happen now, Charlene, is you need to encourage your husband, even though you agree that he was right and whatever the argument was, to reach out to your mother and just say he's sorry about his tone of voice, he's sorry about some of his choices of language, just to smooth things over, right.
Speaker 2: But you should also tell.
Speaker 1: Him you agree with him, but it's it's also like it's between the two of them. But I know it impacts you, so you need to say to your husband, look, we're a team.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with you.
Speaker 1: But if you want to give a gift to me, which is my relationship with my mother, then you know, please, you know, go and apologize for at least your tone if that's what it was. Okay, if you like to call the numbers one eight hundred five two zero, one five three four. Right now, let's go to social media. I think my Instagram just did not work.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe we don't have a good internet here.
Speaker 2: If we have good audio, I'll say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, dear doctor Wendy looking at my DMS here my interest, I assume you mean you love Interest has two phones and I only have the phone number to one of them. Is this a sign that we aren't that close? We've been dating for four months? Okay, this is a sign of many things. Who has two phones unless.
Speaker 2: They're planning to have.
Speaker 1: Side relationships somehow, remember baby Rein, deer Lady, shit, a whole bunch of phones. I would start by growing some intimacy with this human who you're interested in by simply saying, can we talk about why you have two phones? And they'll try to brush it off, well, one is just my work phone or whatever, and then say, oh, can I have that number in case I can't reach you on this one or whatever.
Speaker 2: And just see what happens. See what happens. I have to tell you a funny story.
Speaker 1: So one time I had I can't remember why the police were called. There was something I had a break in, potentially in my apartment building at the time, and three police officers came in just to check things out, to make everything safe. And there was a female police officer and there were two males. So the males went outside and they were like, look at the perimeter of the building whatever. She was inside asking me a few questions, and we start talking about relationships and dating, because you know that's what girls do.
Speaker 2: You get two women together. They start talking about this. So then she says.
Speaker 1: To me, you know, I live in a man's world. I got male partners and they're all married. And let me tell you, they all have a second cell phone that they keep under the car seat and they turn it off when they get home to their wife.
Speaker 3: I was shocked.
Speaker 2: Are good men in blue? I can't believe that.
Speaker 1: Oh they're like all men, I guess, but it makes it a little easier. But she's witnessed to it, right, So I would ask him why the other phone and give me details and give me the digits for it.
Speaker 2: And if not, like, yeah, you're not that close.
Speaker 1: If you can't even have this conversation, all right, moving on, Hey, doctor Wendy, My husband and his friends go on guys trips every year. One of the guys and his wife got a divorce, and during a nasty fight, he said that their guys trip was really a trip where they act single and cheat. Oh dear, my husband and I are in a rough patch, and I want to know the best way to ask him about this. I am very distraught. Okay, if you and your husband are in a quote unquote rough patch, then the both of you need to get into couple's therapy and that's the place to bring this up. And the way you're going to bring it up is say, look, I had heard this. It made me scared, and we're going through such a hard time. What can you tell me about this?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 1: So that would freak me out, Just saying, but I'd want to do it in the safety of a therapist's office so that you could really really get to the bottom of it and your feelings and his feelings about this. But wonder if it's true. All right, moving along to my dms. If you'd like to send me a DM on Instagram, it's at d R Wendy Walsh at doctor Wendy Walsh. Dear doctor Wendy. My first few dates humbled me instead of showering me with compliments, humbled me. I think you mean put you down?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: Is it something with me or these men just insecure? I was told my career isn't that big of a deal. I'd be prettier if I cut my hair. My personality is too strong. Oh my goodness, woman, that's terrible. When I first started dating the men, they were more complimentary, frustating them in why are they doing this now? Because they're insecure and because you have power.
Speaker 2: So here's the thing.
Speaker 1: If you don't know this, ladies, the reason why guys put you down. It's a psychological trick that goes back to the beginning of time. They want you to feel insecure so you will stay with them. So when they do tell you your career isn't a big deal, or you'd be pretty er if you cut your hair, or your personality is too strong, you reach down into your belly and you do a big ass belly laugh.
Speaker 2: You laugh, you find that funny. Just put them off guard. Just laugh.
Speaker 1: That's all you should do. Like, I'm so confident. If you're really gonna say that about me, I will just laugh. You don't even have any words, Just laugh, all right.
Speaker 2: If you'd like to give me.
Speaker 1: A call or send me a DM you may when we come back from the break. The numbers one eight hundred and five two zero, one five three four or DM me on Instagram at doctor Wendy Walsh. You're listening to the Doctor Wendy Walsh Show on KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: On KFI Am six forty, you have Doctor Wendy Walsh with you.
Speaker 2: This is a Doctor Wendy Walsh Show.
Speaker 1: I'm taking your calls and answering your social media direct messages because I'm on your love life.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Producer Kayla, who do we have on the line? We have right with the question, Hirie, It's doctor Wendy.
Speaker 5: Hey, how are you good?
Speaker 2: What's your question?
Speaker 3: Love?
Speaker 5: Well, it's a little bit of a scenario, and I hope you give me a minute to try to bring you up to speed. But I've been involved with the same person for twenty six years and we've been married for nineteen years, and we had been going through some financial difficulty. She was in school, and I was trying to find remote work while building a bus an architectural designer BIS and one day, well, there was a couple of other situations and circumstances that were leading up to us having to be a VICTI from a place that we were staying.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry, and.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I appreciate that. And you know, I'm working with disability and I'm trying to also do those things that are necessary trying to help us. She was trying to help us. To be fair, it takes two people to make it in this world. If they're going to be together, they got to work together to try to make things work out. But she gave me, she told me that we needed to go. I needed to go and sign some paperwork, and I trusted her. So I went to go do that and that she had already signed, came back and she had taken everything. We had a dog, a fourteen year old dog together. She took him, she took everything else. What a shock, Yeah, it is, It is very much. It was supposed to be a judgment that was supposed to give us a little bit more time before we had to move.
Speaker 1: And was it that or was she duping you in some way in that area too?
Speaker 5: She was duping me because she had already signed it and she knew that she needed to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, exactly. Okay, So Ray, what's your question about this?
Speaker 5: Okay, So the question is she told me that she did this, and one of the reasons was that I didn't keep her safe. And then the other thing about that is, well, my statement to her was, well, you didn't keep our marriage protected because she brought someone else in between us.
Speaker 1: Oh there was some infidelity as well, exactly, okay.
Speaker 5: And I found out about this back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to so tell me your question because I want to.
Speaker 5: I want to understand what that means when you say I didn't keep you safe and then when I say, well, you didn't. You didn't keep our marriage safe.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it sounds like you're searching for the answer to the question why and also the question of who's that fault? And I will tell you that you will go down a rabbit's hole of spinning thoughts trying to come up with the answer to those questions, because the truth is, you even said it. It takes two to tango, takes two to make a marriage, takes two to keep a marriage. And if you're spending your time thinking about what you could have done differently, or what she should have done differently, then you're not moving on with your life. You know what, ray What she did with you, not spending the time processing with you, not spending the time actually even breaking up with you by just disappearing was a terrible betrayal. And you have every right to feel angry. You have every right to grieve right. This is what I tell people is like, have your feelings, you are owed them. But I'm telling you if you spend your time thinking should have, would have, could a then you will never evolve from this relationship. I want you to go find a therapist and let me tell you lots of affordable ones. Just go near and a university that has a PhD program in psychology. They all have a counseling center. They work on a sliding scale, sometimes as little as ten dollars an hour. I'm telling everybody this, It is possible to find affordable therapy and you go in there and say I want to work on my anger and grief so I can move on. But I'll tell you from my personal experience, the more I spent time in my life trying to figure out other people and why they did things or to blame myself, it was time wasted because I never got the answers. I never got the closure, and it doesn't matter. This important relationship is over and you are betrayed and you were hurt, and it's your feelings that need to be attended to.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling Ram, I'm so sorry this happened to you. And heading onto my social media, I have to tell you that coincidentally, the next question that I pulled up is almost the same question. A woman says, Dear doctor Wendy, I got ghosted by a fifty seven year old man that I dated for eight months. I need answers. I'm internalizing his actions, and it's not fair to me. My friends suggest popping up at the gym he goes to. Is this how I should get my answers? Everyone, I'm telling you, I spent a life doing this, trying to figure out other people and why they did it. And the why doesn't matter. What matters is your loss, your grieving, your feelings of betrayal. You waste so much time when you focus on them instead of focusing on healing and raising your own self esteem. Honestly, I thought an overthought and triple thought and thought too much and swirled around with.
Speaker 2: Well, he did this, maybe he did this. We maybe had a bad childhood.
Speaker 3: Maybe he did this.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe I shouldn't have said that. It will drive you crazy. Don't do it.
Speaker 1: Work on moving forward and healing, all right? Moving on, Dear doctor Wendy. My crush does everything to push me away because he says he will hurt me. I think he's scared of love. Am I fooling myself? Or could I be? Or could I be healing his self sabotage? Okay, when people tell you who there they are, believe them. Okay, believe them.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you.
Speaker 1: A story I've told her before. On a third date with a guy who is being very emotionally avoidant with me, he gave me a Cardier watch. Now I thought this was a sign of Oh, that's amazing. This guy's really crazy for me. He's gonna come around, he's gonna be less avoided. No, no, no, this was an apology gift for the pain that was to come, because it's inappropriate to give somebody a gift that expensive on a third date. It was him saying, this is the best I can do because I can't give you me, can't give you my feelings, can't give you my love, can't give you my intimacy.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: So I'm telling you that if somebody says I'm gonna hurt you, they mean it, and you need to listen because later, when it gets awful, they get to say, but I told you, right, I told you so, Yeah, move on, don't know, don't It's not your job to heal anybody, not your job to ever heal anybody. That's their job when they're ready. Uh, Dear doctor Wendy, I went through my wife's phone. Unfortunately. I like that word unfortunately there because I know what's coming.
Speaker 2: I don't even have to read further.
Speaker 1: But okay, we were having financial struggles then and then they magically stopped.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, uh oh.
Speaker 1: All of a sudden, she can cover the bills. It made me suspicious, and I found out she'd been doing sex work. I'm devastated. What's the best way to address this? There is no way to beat around the bush on this. You got to say, honey, I'm a bad person. I went through your phone. I was trying to figure out because you seem to be living a double life, you're not home that often. Now you're paying for all the bills. Of course you should have asked her the question before you went through her phone. You're both guilty of something right, violation of privacy, violation of I assume you were monogamous and you had a deal that you were going to be monogamous. Yeah, I'm saying, you just got to bring it up flat out. I went through your phone. I'm sorry it was the wrong thing to do, but I found out something wrong you've been doing to me. Look, I have no problem with people who have open relationships and they have all the rules and they know what they're doing, but it's the betrayal thing right, that's the thing that's not so good. Hey, when we come back, you know that alleged assassin Luigi. A lot of young girls and older ones too, are thinking he's pretty hot, hot, hot hot. I want us to all play armchair psychologists like the rest of the Inner net is doing right now, and try to figure out if he has a personality disorder.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I teach this stuff. We go through the criteria in the DSM. Let's do it together, shall we like a little school project. But he's cute, Let's analyze him. You're listening to the Doctor Wendy Walls Show on KFI AM six forty were live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to Doctor Wendy Walsh. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty from seven to nine pm on Sunday and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.