Speaker 1: A couple of things.
Speaker 2: Just when you think reality TV has kind of played itself out and it's over and there's not a whole lot of interest, they come up with a new show that has caught my interest and there's a couple of Austin Knights that are competing in it. Before we tell you what that is, boy has the I've been completely bombarded lately with Love Island.
Speaker 1: It's everywhere. Have you familiar with this show? JB.
Speaker 3: I haven't watched it, but I can probably kind of guess. It's just a dating show on an island isolated. They get them, give them a lot of booze, and the girls start fighting with each other and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and it's a typical dating show. Right.
Speaker 2: Here's the difference is it's it airs the next day like what aired last it's every day.
Speaker 3: Oh, because those other dating shows they shoot forever a week of footage and edited into whatever they want.
Speaker 2: Exactly like so the one that you're watching tonight just happened in Fiji, I think, like the night from the day before, so and it's every single night anyway.
Speaker 1: A lot of twenty something.
Speaker 2: Year old girls and teen girls are really going nuts over the show. So anyway, throw that out there, so I at least sounded halfway hip. But this other show that's got some Austin night tennant Tricia's going to tellus about.
Speaker 1: It's called Destination X. Yes, Destination X.
Speaker 4: And the only reason I started watching it was because it's hosted by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. And for anybody out there who watched The Walking Dead, it's Nagan from The Walking Dead and I am completely in love with him. So he's the host, he's one of the executive producers. And it is a series where you have contestants are dropped into places where they have no idea where they are in the world. It could be anywhere in the world. And in order to when they give you clues and you have to figure out the clues and figure out where you are, and ten h contestant whoever, at the very end of the episode, after they've been given all the clues and all the little contests and races, they mark on a map and electronic map where they think they are, and then whoever has guessed farthest from the actual location is the contestant that goes home that week.
Speaker 1: What's weird about this?
Speaker 4: Sorry Sandy, is three of the ten contestants are from Austin.
Speaker 1: Really, so they.
Speaker 2: Could drop you off on the side of a mountain, yes, and then you've got to figure out where you are in the world. Am I Are you in the Swiss Alps? Are you in the Rocky mountains?
Speaker 1: You know? Like we got to figure out where you are and you earn clues, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you have little challenges like they did drop them off on the side of a mountain one time, and they had these piles of snow and they had to dig down in the snow get certain clues, figure them out. The more clues you get, then the more information you get about where you are. And it's all about it's the same kind of big brother stuff where you can have strategy with other contestants. They travel all around the world on this giant bus that the windows are blacked out, and then Nagan Jeffrey Dean Morgan pops in every once in a while.
Speaker 1: It's so cool. Sandy thinks he dominates. I think it's interesting that there's three Austin nites. Yeah on there.
Speaker 3: That's a lot because in general we're kind of soft with survival type things. Okay, you take a twenty year old guy from Austin or a twenty year old guy from college station.
Speaker 1: Who are you betting on? I'm taking a college station guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, twenty year old woman from Austin or twenty year old girl from the Grange?
Speaker 1: Which one you take? The Grange? See where I'm going with this? Yeah, I see what you're saying. Yeah, you're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: We're soft here, Like, yeah, man, I've always Are there just people that pursue the like, we didn't even know this show was going on until it was on the television, Yet they have a full cast of people. Are there just people that scour websites for casting? I think yeah, yeah, and that's that's their jam, that's what they do.
Speaker 4: A couple of the girls are influencers, and so they probably absolutely are constantly scanning for casting calls to use whatever show they might get on as their launch board.
Speaker 1: It becomes super famous. Yeah, it's it's right up there.
Speaker 3: It's a resume builder now to be have been on a reality show, Right, you're like, oh, our next guest, you know, our next keynote speaker was You might recognize them from The Amazing Race or their podcast or their best selling book, which they bought all the copies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here they are. Yeah, they're right.
Speaker 3: Maybe you heard them on Ted Talks San Antonio. There's all these checklist things. Now, boy, is there a format in?
Speaker 2: Is there a platform in more need of a reboot and a new look than the Ted Talk.
Speaker 1: I guess that they all have the same vibe.
Speaker 3: I mean people at parried it in a parody of it and then didn't do it any favors.
Speaker 2: I still like them. We went to one in Austin. Do you remember, Nope, you don't.
Speaker 1: We did.
Speaker 2: We went to one and what I remember about it JB and it's it's everywhere now was the guy telling us, this was probably ten years ago, about the future of the air.
Speaker 1: Tag I do remember that.
Speaker 2: He was telling us that you're going to have something the size of a quarter that you can put.
Speaker 1: You know, the size of a pencil eraser. Pencil eraser, that's what it was.
Speaker 2: That you can put and track anything you own and know where it is anywhere on Earth.
Speaker 1: I do remember that. Wow, that's easy, he said. This was really interesting. He said.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons we have all this geo tagging was during the Clinton era, they relaxed the bandwidth, the frequencies that could be used for technology.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's.
Speaker 3: Coming back to me. And then it was he even took it a step further. So, say, you have all these little eraser tip size almost like stickers. Oh, I'm going to put one on my purse. I want to put one on my briefcase. I want to put one on my suit case wherever my dog. Yeah, you put it on all your things and it not only would track them. And he was saying, how if we open up the band with more, you would know if it's upstairs or downstairs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Right, he goes, I would tell you within feet of how up or down Yeah.
Speaker 2: I bet that dude is rich. Right now, after his Ted talk, I'm just saying, because he was right.
Speaker 1: That was ten years ago. Now, how many air text you.
Speaker 3: Jb Oh my gosh, I've got them on my dogs, I've got them in you know, I think the wallet bikes A couple of bikes my wallet has you know my wallet hasn't eating Yeah, yeah, tons of them.
Speaker 1: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: So well, if you want to check out that show, I've not watched it yet, Destination.
Speaker 1: Actually it looks pretty good.
Speaker 2: I think i'd be really really good at it, although you kind of threw me with having to I'm not good at figuring out clues. I'm not figuring things out when people explain it to me.
Speaker 4: So it's clues like they give you a ship to figure out, like riddles and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Is it a partner team or I mean it can be. It depends on. Sometimes you're putting teams.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you decide who you're going to pair up with, you know, the whole alliance kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Maybe Love Island's better for me, make me so, I think you've aged out of Love Island.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with us today. We'll do the JB in Sandy ra again tomorrow seven till eight o'clock. If you've missed out today, grabbed the podcast version search JB and Sandy. Of course, follow us on social media and stick around more coming up on Austin Davies Station one O three point one