Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. Idiot's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust. And guess what. The ladies are back in town. The Women's Ranch Rodeo Association twentieth Annual World Finals coming to Pahaska seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth, and we've got Billy Franks in.
Speaker 2: With us as we always do. How you doing, young lady? Well, I tell you what she was showing me.
Speaker 1: Her Styli footwear, because you got the booths for the championship last year, right, yes, sir, and that was the darn spiffy. But we've got nine teams this year for the Women's Ranch Rodeo Finals.
Speaker 2: And where are they all coming from?
Speaker 3: In Mexico, Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, you name.
Speaker 2: It, they're going to be there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, we're really good teams. This is a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: And we've even incorporated the fact that even kids, we take some schools in there to show off a little bit to give them a little taste of what's going on.
Speaker 2: How'd that go last year? Pretty good?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh man?
Speaker 3: Yeah? This what Friday morning? We're gonna have a bunch of school kids out at the ten o'clock performance.
Speaker 1: So this is going to be the Clarence Bradley Arena and it's just ten dollars per person for you know, regular folks to twenty five dollars for all three performances. And one of the things that's really cool is the kickoff party. And now we do know what's gonna happen. We're gonna have the back number ceremony in the Calcutta. But after that, the gentleman that kind of puts it on for you, he just surprises you every year.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, Cody does a fantastic job there with the Ben Johnson Museum and the Buck and Flamingo. Those guys they last I think all three four years we've had love music. But you never know what it's going to be and it's always a good time. If Cody's in charge of the kickoff party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my gosh, this is going to be great.
Speaker 2: Now this is coming up on the seventeenth.
Speaker 1: This will be at the Constantine Theater and the kickoff party is really, like you said, it's a lot of fun. You really you really don't know what to expect until you get there. But the end result is it's fun.
Speaker 3: It's fun. And the Osage County Cattle Women they'll be having some refreshment, some snacks and stuff there for us and the Constantine's there are some beverages and you can mingle with all the teens and get to know the girls and it's a fun time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It really truly is now when we talk about the Osage County Cattle Women A lot of folks don't know that.
Speaker 2: When we raise money.
Speaker 1: Here, but a good portion of the proceeds stays local, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: That's right. All the ticket sales to the audio, half of that money goes to the Osage County Cattle Women's Association.
Speaker 2: Yes, righty, that's great.
Speaker 1: Now we've got a train show this year, and I understand that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll have some cool stuff there. I don't know who ELL's there. I'm not in charge of that, but I know the association. We'll be selling some T shirts and we got three different styles and they're pretty cool. For the twentieth year, it'll be a little surprise for everybody there too.
Speaker 2: Well, that'd be great.
Speaker 1: Now we have the shows, the performances. We have Friday at ten am. What can we expect on performance one, just a good time, yeah, healthy competition, competition.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty tight going for the world title. Between the first and second team, I think there's nine points there and between second, third and fourth there's pretty tight. I can't remember the points spread there, but everybody there is pretty tight. So it's gonna come down to the weekend. Who wins the world Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's one of these things where you got to you gotta do it. You can't just sit there and run it through the computer. Got the second performance Friday night at seven pm, and then the last performance is going to be Saturday at four pm. And then we've got the awards ceremony at the fair Grounds at about eight thirty. That's when everybody kind of gets the dust off them and gets gets.
Speaker 3: Ready to go and another party. Yeah. Yeah, celebration, celebration, celebration.
Speaker 1: Now, when people think of the Ranch Rodeo, it's different than your your your typical rodeo. You have a lot of different types of events and it's a team sport.
Speaker 3: Tell us a little bit about all four women compete in all five events, so we'll have simulated events as the duties you do on the ranch itself. And all of these girls either work on a ranch, help out on a ranch. It's not just like a weekend deal. Everybody has a connection to a ranch that that's on these teams.
Speaker 2: So this isn't a hobby, this is a profession.
Speaker 3: This is what they do for a living and we like to and there's a lot of women out there that do this for a living, but these are the girls that like to compete and like the adrenaline. I guess we're kind of adrenaline junkies. But we're just sorting, you know, sorts cattle out. We do doctrine, head and healing like they do in like normal rodeo. TI down mugging is the big favorite because it's a combination of heading healing, bulldogging and calf brand calf tying. So you got a head, heel, get the steer down like six hundred pound steer, seven hundred pounds steer, tie three legs together. That's entertaining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a lot of work.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And trailer loading got to sort out a bovine and loaded up in the trailer.
Speaker 2: So and then bring its own challenge.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, it's it's it's I think it's a fast it's our Fast and Furious event.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, the thing is is that it's coming right to our backyard. And we were fortunate enough to move this from Kansas to Pahaska about four or five years ago, I believe. And I remember this because I remember sitting with you in the green room. We really don't have a green room, folk, but we can pretend, uh, and we were we were talking about this because I was unfamiliar with what a ranch rodeo entailed coming from the Great Lakes. They don't have that up there. They might have a rodeo at a county fair someplace.
Speaker 3: But you know, so we have a team that is representing uh Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the good after the news, My goodness sakes, they're gonna they're gonna appreciate the warm weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've been coming to quite a few of the rodeos.
Speaker 1: And you know, those folks up in Minnesota, they do have summer. If it lands on a Saturday, they have a picnic.
Speaker 3: I think that's miss Church, Minnesota.
Speaker 1: But this is gonna be great. Now, how do we go about getting our tickets? Can we just get them at the event?
Speaker 3: Get them at the gate, or we'll be giving away some free risk fans here.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, folks, what I got them right here?
Speaker 1: She gave me a big old envelope follow them. So for you listening, we'll be giving them away on all our say, show up.
Speaker 3: There's plenty of seating, twenty of seating. Just show up and the ladies will take your money at the gate.
Speaker 1: They sure will, and it'd be a lot of fun. And how do we get tickets to the kickoff party? Is that a special thing?
Speaker 2: No, just show up, show up, Wow, you guys are great.
Speaker 3: Just come to the party. Come to the rodeo my goodness sake and for the moment, or make your plans now, it makes no difference.
Speaker 1: Twentieth Annual World Finals Women's Ranch Rodeo Association. Once again, folks, it's gonna be in Pa Hoska. It's going to be this weekend, seventeen, eeenth and nineteenth. Got the trade shows, got the performances, got the kickoff party on the seventeenth, big surprises. And of course these shows are going to be on Friday at ten am. Second performance will be Friday at seven pm, and then the third will be Saturday at four pm. All of the Clarence Bradley Arena. If you're wondering about costs, it's ten dollars a person. But if you want to see all three, you can get yourself a bargain here at twenty five dollars for all three performances. And don't forget the awards ceremony too. We've got some folks who kind of help us out in a little bit, the folks from Richie. We've got Ben Johnson, Cowboy Museum, the buck In Flamingo, Yeddi and a few others. Now, those are pretty good folks to know.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, They're just great folks to know.
Speaker 3: They're fun too, Yeah, funnest number one.
Speaker 1: So say thank you to these folks that are sponsoring the event too. And if we want to find anything else, do you have like a Facebook page or a website?
Speaker 3: Rodoa page just Women's Training Rodeo Association Google so it'll show up, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, it will.
Speaker 3: Women's Tryingtrodeo dot org is a website.
Speaker 1: All right, little super Billy, I want thank you for coming in.
Speaker 3: It's always fun, Tom oh it.
Speaker 2: Is, it truly is.
Speaker 1: And thanks for bringing the wristbands to because we're gonna give those away on the radio here. And yeah, I remember a good portion of the money that we raised here with the Women's Ranch Rodeo Association is going to stay local with the oce Age County Cattle Women Associations too. Nice, nice, all right, folks, you've been watching and listening to our community connection on K one.