Speaker 1: You're watching Chewing the Cud with Mike Benyon Row and Mark.
Speaker 2: Massett, And I said, I don't care what you think if I have to deal with the smell, so do you. Oh Hello, you're watching Chewing the Cud and I'm Mike Benyon Row with me. Today is the star of the large and Small screen. It's Mark Massett.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, I'm all right, thank you, I'm all right good. It makes a good brew this let me tell you.
Speaker 4: It's mostly gin. But what have you got for us this week? Mark?
Speaker 3: Right? So this week we're bringing you a story about a live action Disney remake that's got people in it is oh yeah. So then we're going to play a game. I don't know what game, but playing a game.
Speaker 4: And we'll be concerned.
Speaker 2: And then Mark will be bringings all up to date with everything that he's been up to in the Spotlight. But now on screen you can see how contact details. It's at the cood TV on social media and if you want to catch up and have a bit of a binge, why not watch us on YouTube. We are at the cood TV on there too.
Speaker 3: And you can see the names of the people who have reached out and touched our souls. Their names will be at the bottom of the screens. And now it's time to mic and the buzz.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about a wedding?
Speaker 3: I love a wedding.
Speaker 4: You love a wedding.
Speaker 3: I love everything about a wedding. I love the drink.
Speaker 4: There's always a punch.
Speaker 3: Up at a wedding, not family gathering, when someone gets a black eye exactly. Well, I was at a wedding. There were three fights, okay, and someone got dragged out and they wouldn't go home, and they were stood. It was at a hotel, actually stood at the door and all night they just sat went to spa, got a can of beers, and just sat outside drinking the beers while part of the wedding was going on inside. Yeah, it's amazing those days, was it with me?
Speaker 2: Well, something a little less controversial than drinking outside of the hotel is a gentleman in Florida who has caused a bit of a kerfuffle when he decided at a wedding that this is the perfect time to propose to my to my girlfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that. I don't know how I feel about that. Someone's literally stealing your thunder it's my day.
Speaker 4: It's my day.
Speaker 2: She was wearing a leather jacket or wedding as well, which I finds criminal offense.
Speaker 3: He looks about, he looks. He looks dead young she looks dead younger. No, and I don't know if that look on her face.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that's I'm going to kill you. I'm gonna knock you out with you. She's just spotted that. The cakes chocolate fruit cake.
Speaker 2: Oh no, So it's a gentleman cold Josh Stevenson who girlfriend without the prior approval of the bride.
Speaker 4: So he didn't go.
Speaker 2: Look, I want to propose at your wedding. I think it's a beautiful day. He didn't ask, couldn't ask, just did it.
Speaker 3: That's wrong. Come on, show a bit of respect and it's serious. No, if someone did that at my wedding and I would kick off.
Speaker 4: I would kick off.
Speaker 2: I see anybody even getting close to going down on one day at my wedding, like kill him?
Speaker 4: And now haven't shot? Yeah, t shoelace, shoelace, worry about it?
Speaker 3: Threw him straight out? No shoelace. And I'm not sure whether I prefer that or a punch up punch up is way more better because it's people who know each other. Yeah, so they're going proper judging.
Speaker 4: There's a reason for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, and it's usually like it's usually the elder ones family rival that's been going for you know, it's a good wedding. Wedding when you just don't remember leaving, like you know, all the couple fall, you know, the gossip, you remember that, just about remember the food. But then you wake up and you're like, what happened? Who got married?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 2: And then you god, yeah, and then you relieved and also disappointed when you look at it's just food that you're stolen from the buffet.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nice, A little bit of inciting about that. Okay, so we'll move on a little bit.
Speaker 4: Accents.
Speaker 2: You have quite a pronounced accent yourself. Me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 3: People, people, would you say that your accent is a sexy accent? Say?
Speaker 4: Overall?
Speaker 3: I mean, personally, I love the man Ca accent. I think it's one of the mos comedic can be the most warming. And yeah, I would say sexy. Definitely say sexy. I'm the right person. You know, everyone's a fetish Yeah everything, Well, it's just because a study has come out about what people find sexy in an accent.
Speaker 4: Okay, and Manchester.
Speaker 2: Accents and Liverpool accents and the Northwest accents have come very very way out of the bottom. What ye not sexy at all? Apparently so going to the study, people with a north West accent feel a bit criminally did so people have been saying Northwest accents the sexier accents?
Speaker 4: Where do you think they are?
Speaker 2: If people saying that a man in Liverpool accent a bit criminally London Nope, London didn't get a looking fail, didn't get a look in London.
Speaker 4: Hey, so Jordan, believe it or not.
Speaker 2: Southern Irish Oh.
Speaker 3: I love the Irish, nor fan South to be fair, okay, yeah, Colin Farrell, it's being sweet. Nothing's down your ear? Come on, come on, how far can we go with this? By the way, as far as that's fine, I wasn't gonna go there. No, the Irish I can yeah, completely concur with that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah okay.
Speaker 3: And also Welsh, Oh yeah, I'm a logic Welsh accent yeah do look yeah it sounds like they sounds. I think the Welsh accents sounds so innocent. I'm Corona or anything. Like that. But I mean, like he does you know when you talk like that and you do like it, it's like very poetic and.
Speaker 2: It's very poetic. And then when there's filthy things, it does not sound innocent.
Speaker 3: No, it doesn't sounds funny, like to take your neck because off.
Speaker 2: Well, they said that the worst accent, the least sexy accent all the ones in the UK is the Birmingham accent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean again, it doesn't bother me, It doesn't bother I like an accent. I think when you're hear an accent, it's a talking point and it always it brings people out the shell. And I don't know, I don't I kind of think of an accent that really really bothers me, just bother you.
Speaker 2: I understand what any want say with in the mouth, because it's true. Everyone all sounds the same.
Speaker 3: And you're talking about that similar well the same thing really, And if you want to talk to us through a ball, why not share that with us at the could TV on social media and that brings us nicely to.
Speaker 4: Our story of the week.
Speaker 2: Now you're of an age similar to me, I want to say millennial, Yeah, I want to say geriatric.
Speaker 4: Millennial it, so I can beat that, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't be forty four forty five summar age.
Speaker 2: So you'll have remembered an internet sensation that came out in the early two thousands when YouTube was its infancy.
Speaker 4: Come on, two Girls, One Cup? Oh yeah, did you watch it?
Speaker 3: Did I watch it? As traumatized?
Speaker 2: Well, it's back, as jen z ers have gone, what is this two girls one cup thing that people keep talking about?
Speaker 3: We claimed it the.
Speaker 2: Generation creating it, and I'm not sorry because it's hilarious cultural moment. But yeah, jen Z and jen Alpha are starting to find this clip and watch it, okay, and they're horrified by what people did in the early two thousands.
Speaker 3: You know, much on the tell.
Speaker 4: Skyplus just what.
Speaker 2: Netflix DVD delivery service, d v D delivery.
Speaker 3: We still.
Speaker 2: But yeah, they got confused and did the obvious reactions. So if it was not watch two Girls, One Cup, how.
Speaker 4: Would you describe it?
Speaker 3: Erm rom com.
Speaker 4: No, it's a lighthearted family.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's definitely not for the squeamish.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, what's the picture we've chosen? There? Girls think chocolate ice cream with a spoon.
Speaker 3: It is basically that, but just different flavored ice cream.
Speaker 2: No one ever describes twos one cup, so I think it's only fair that we do actually describe it for tell them, which is, there's two ladies who are enjoying each other's company. They get a cup and one ship's ferociously into it. They're then share eating it and kiss each other with the shitty mouths, very passionately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then they're sick, aren't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not surprised.
Speaker 2: On a man, I never got through it all that way.
Speaker 3: Just to make sure, very skeptical, yeah, very his trousers wiped down, and now I mean they're famous. Apparently gens headers were expecting it to be that. This is the thing about the gens no offense genders. But you see stuff and you claim it, and this is nothing new to us. You know, old old folk, we've seen it, we've lived through it. Now you're sort of preaching to the choir. Yeah, that's not the right saying.
Speaker 4: Watch.
Speaker 2: Actually people react to go, oh my god, what we did this? We had spin off like one guy one cup.
Speaker 3: And now they'll be like one careful you go, like would be like a recyclable cup. Now, yeah, vegan, Now you're vegan love all that corn.
Speaker 4: This week.
Speaker 3: Thanks for that, Mike. Always got to know that you can always poing a cup and be famous.
Speaker 4: Welcome up.
Speaker 2: Always nice to know that people do watch it. But stay right there because we after this short break, we're going to get up to celebrity news with the Showbiz. Welcome back, and you're watching you in the cud. This is the part of the show where we talk about all the things celebrity and media things in the show biz.
Speaker 3: Hello, and today we are talking about Disney's live action Lallo and Stitch trailer that sparked reactions. Okay, people ain't very appy.
Speaker 4: Not happy with a remake.
Speaker 3: No it is? Is it a remaker?
Speaker 4: Is it it's a live action remakers?
Speaker 3: Oh okay, yeah, so Disney doing a lot about At the moment, I feel like Disney are really going there.
Speaker 4: They're controversy. It's because they.
Speaker 2: Don't want to pay people to paint anymore. You call it this in for me now, I don't want to.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a live action remake of lalloer Stitch, and the reason why everyone's kicking off is because the agent, which usually dresses up as a lader undercover, is now dressed up as a regular bloke.
Speaker 4: So they're taking the drag out of it.
Speaker 3: They've taken the drag out of it, They've taken anything that simulates any kind of campness hampners.
Speaker 2: It's so camp that part of the ship it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's I mean, I don't want to sound why they've done that, because it's like taking Roger out of American Dad and just making him into some.
Speaker 4: Regular alien.
Speaker 2: I mean, because I always think that this this is the character that as an alien. Yeah, right, And I thought that Roger from American Dad. Was this just a more adult.
Speaker 3: Version of this, Yeah, cross dressing camp as anything alien innuendos on the American Dad one. I've never watched. I'm gonna I've never watched Ditch. It's a little bit too young for me. But when you watch stuff like that, it kind of opens it up. Yeah, it's got a massive imagination, and it's kind of like, why why have you taken out? Why have you not made it so boring?
Speaker 4: Now? I mean I think we know why, we.
Speaker 2: Know why, But yeah, I think it's a bit of a misstep because Roger the Alien is hilarious as Roger Alien's why you watch it exactly as you know that it's going to get up to Shenanigan to get Shirley Mary's. And it's like creates a character in the world. And that's what this does. Kids play dress up?
Speaker 3: What they even dragged up? Et didn't and so what is the party? What's the problem? Kids do not care? And it's the most memorable part, you know, So to do that now?
Speaker 2: Well, to be fair, eat coming at someone with the glowing fingers my memorable part.
Speaker 4: End of an alien coming at you. It's a lot to memory.
Speaker 3: Will be the first time.
Speaker 4: Rarely an alien definitely out. I'm excited to watch it, but a little bit disappointed.
Speaker 3: Are you a fan?
Speaker 2: I likely loan stitch just because it's such a stupid premise. It's a murderous alien crash lands at earth, right and be friends of family who take him in as a dog and go, oh, we'll look after you and it doesn't murder them.
Speaker 3: Well not yet.
Speaker 4: In a couple of years.
Speaker 3: We're talking about weddings before wait till the wedding happens. Okay, moving on. So the next story that we've got is the closure of the gay bar called this is It in West I never say it right. Wisconstance the cheese state the dairy state in the States. Yeah, it's one of the oldest gay bars every there and it's closing down. The reason why is that they've never really picked up since COVID, which is very very sad as five years of struggle. It is a very yeah, I mean is it's happening everywhere now in it It's bars are dropping like flies. We were saying fruit flies.
Speaker 4: There's many a bar where there's fruit flies and the toy and.
Speaker 3: You know why why is it in my drink? Let's drink it?
Speaker 2: But why is Tricksy Metel on my lovely screen?
Speaker 3: Well? That was she saved it from closing down, didn't she did? She? Yea, So she she saved it during COVID and anyway she puts some money into it, okay, and it just didn't work out.
Speaker 4: But that's a shame.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but gay bars that my mother used to be.
Speaker 2: And tricks and Mittel's got so she had a motel as well. The Tricksy motel was Pink and Fluffy and Harry Camp that.
Speaker 4: Also closed down.
Speaker 2: Really, so maybe trick to herself isn't a great business person.
Speaker 3: Well, have you seen her house? Her house is pink and fluffy.
Speaker 4: Oh to be crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a very well known food shopping center that will call Faster just so we don't name.
Speaker 3: It fast faster.
Speaker 2: Faster, right, And I was a lady there that was in a pink outfit, pink joggers, pink everything, and pink shoes, and I just wanted to slap her.
Speaker 4: Really just made me angry. Ilence welled up in Cien.
Speaker 3: Is it the color pink?
Speaker 2: It's just people wearing a lot of pink. I don't mind the color pink. She was head to toeing pink.
Speaker 4: I just rage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the trauma that you need to work on there.
Speaker 2: Or just start slapping people that wear nothing but pink.
Speaker 4: I think that's also perfectly reasonable. It's just do you ever wear pink? Not really pink?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's all over there. I wear a pink you know.
Speaker 2: I don't mind a bit of pink, right, But Tricks myself has a lot of pink. Doesn't make me angry because I know it's drag. This is a human being that made a choice of outfit. There was nothing but pink.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes me okay. Well, back to the bar.
Speaker 3: Was closing down. We're all sorry it's closing down. It's sad.
Speaker 4: I hate it.
Speaker 3: Do you know what when anything, when any kind of bar, or especially a gay bar, closes down, it really it does upset you a little bit because it's someone's ideas and dreams and stuffing like that, and it's always it's always quite sad, isn't it. It's right, but it didn't work kind of thing. But it's one of the oldest places for as a gay bar. That's really sad.
Speaker 4: That's really sad.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think there's a lot of gay spaces that were losing and lgbt Q I plus spaces that were losing, and that's where a lot of our community survived. I mean, if we think back to our childhoods.
Speaker 4: If you can, he was in black and white and CPA awful.
Speaker 2: It was like going out to a gay space was the way that we got to know our community and it was exciting.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was definitely one of those places that you just got dolled up and went out hoping that someone would take.
Speaker 4: A shine into your direction.
Speaker 3: By you a larger Shandy Cadi Breezer searing off black ice or pineapple for me.
Speaker 4: As twigs.
Speaker 2: Okay, anything else you got to tell us about today?
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, yes, I do actually have sad news. Actually, the icon herself, Mazy Trolette, right okay, passed away at.
Speaker 2: Owl was a thousand years old.
Speaker 3: May toilet Shares was ninety odd though. Yeah, one of the icons of our time. Definitely. I saw this on social media all the the the drag queens were posting their condolences, and you know, she put in the work and she was of a different time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I love Mazy toilet Yeah right, So I was in the South they had Masy Toilet and the North had Nana. Okay, Manchester very much, the camp kitch drag act. Yeah, the best, the best kind of dragon.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not of this.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm passing a fish realness and yeah, yeah, queen, just someone doing drag, telling jokes about Dick's and singing songs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's all we want.
Speaker 4: What we needed that.
Speaker 3: Nick jokers and bad lips, those songs about dick Yes, repurposing songs make it a short show. No. When when you hear about Mazy Toilette, it is one of those realization moments that you are getting older. And you're thinking, God, yeah, I used to see I think it's too bro.
Speaker 4: I sawry one and.
Speaker 3: She was quite you established then and people were wrapped, you know, kicking upper four stands up because that was the first time I'd ever seen and yeah, it's it's pretty sad really.
Speaker 2: She did so much work for the lgbt Q A plus community as well, so been in Brighton Pride since it was Brighton Pride. Yeah, and had a lot of fundraising and showing Netflix special a while ago where they took her as the oldest drag queen in the UK and she met up with the oldest drag queen from the America right, right, And it was two old blokes having a cup of tea in Brighton of that right, talking about drag and it was just like the most surreal moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, do you know what's really strange when you watch the drag race in the UK, there is definitely there's a massive difference in the essence of drag and you sort of see that a lot of the our drag queens do come from old souls and their drag mothers, as they say, that's who they've learned from. People like Macy and you forget that sometimes because it is so commercial now that you forget that people like this existed and paved the way, which is so this is our kind of farewell to a drag.
Speaker 2: Icon' I absolutely yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's all from the show biz this week.
Speaker 4: Okay, well thanks for that.
Speaker 2: Mark, nice to go down memory late and talk about old people in dresses, no gallery not you calm down, but stick around because coming up next, we have a game to play in.
Speaker 4: Our game of the week, Black all Over.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Cheering the Cud with Me, Mike Benroe and Mark Massett. Now this part of the show is where we can play a little game, and this one is for the person who has only fans, well one fan.
Speaker 4: It's Mark off your pop.
Speaker 3: I'm goly fans.
Speaker 4: Only grounds go to the studio day of the week.
Speaker 2: So we're going to play our game of Lazy Susan's Question Roulette. And so Mark's going to spin the lazy Susan ask me a question and I'm going to try and get it right. Are you ready? Mark?
Speaker 4: I am all them to day. Okay, give it a spin, then.
Speaker 3: Very gentle TV trivia TV Trivia Okay, okay, my fingers is box? Okay, which city provides the setting for homicide life on the street?
Speaker 2: Which city as an out of the world, not like a UK city area?
Speaker 3: And let's go in America.
Speaker 2: Never watched homicide homicide in America? Somewhere stabby Washington, DC. No, so I'll tell you, yeah, all right, then you know actually right, you're wrong.
Speaker 3: You want another guess? No, I'll just say it's Baltimore, Baltimore, Baltimore.
Speaker 2: But that's a that's a singing songy place, Baltimore, This sing good morning button.
Speaker 3: Maybe in the gay bars. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Should you again, let's the middle spin then?
Speaker 3: Okay, are you left haranded?
Speaker 4: I am your what are that?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Your candid? I don't think they call you a witch?
Speaker 3: Okay? What nationality was the poet? W? B. Yeats?
Speaker 4: Yeats? Yeats Yeats.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of Yates. Y don't yet.
Speaker 4: It's what are you doing loving poetry at people? Yeats? British American?
Speaker 3: I think I'd get this if it was. I'm think as well French Yates, the wine lunch, it's all yoursh okay, Okay, yeah, well, let's happ another one. Okay? Oh? TV trivia again, you do this one? This is it? You know, I'm gonna be different one. It's another one there that's too easy? Which future Oscar winning act to refuse the role of PC Bob Steel in Z Cars?
Speaker 4: What a I've not watched said cars. I've never watched said cars. Jomp to give you a clue, Yeah, a little clue to be nice. It's right, and he's a what name? It's Mark Massive? Oh my name is? Your name is Mark?
Speaker 3: Michael Kine?
Speaker 2: Oh Michael, I'm gonna say Michael Kaine is the answer them?
Speaker 4: Yes, I go on right, Yeah, you had a another one? Yeah, you keep spinning up, keep getting the right.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're going to do music trivia. Okay. Which two brothers were in the original lineup of baggy band The Happy Mondays?
Speaker 4: And here come on? Can I phone a friend? Do you have any I do? See, I don't know the brother's name, but I know there's Bez No that's not in the Happy Mondays.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's a twisted my melon mane read jump to tell you. I suppose so Paul and Sean Rider. Now people in Manchester are gonna lynch you. I'm telling you.
Speaker 4: What would well would be a lot of reasons. Why do you know the one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Okay, so we'll go to sports trivia.
Speaker 4: I'm on a joke.
Speaker 3: In no, no, I'll do.
Speaker 4: More. I want to ask this question now being helpful. Okay, what what which question? If you pick?
Speaker 3: Well, do another one. Okay, so we'll do general knowledge? You mad day? Sorry? What is the main element of steel.
Speaker 4: Iron?
Speaker 3: Correct? There you go, no help, no guessing.
Speaker 4: I love.
Speaker 3: You did very well.
Speaker 4: I did very well. I learned something well.
Speaker 2: I remembered something for my year nine chemistry lessons, so I remember something for ten years ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, school's a blur for me.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll do it.
Speaker 4: But normally, Now, what is it you've got in your report card this year? Might ketch up a report card? I'm ready TV trivia?
Speaker 3: Now that was there?
Speaker 4: Anyway?
Speaker 3: It wasn't me who played the role of Chief Inspector Frank Haskins in the Sweeney.
Speaker 4: Bob Hoskins. No Power of Domingers, no.
Speaker 2: Harry Styles.
Speaker 4: It's not working for you today.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm good, clue okay. It's also a name of the cat a famous cat.
Speaker 4: Also of a cat famous cat, Jess jest Pas cat.
Speaker 3: No, oh, he had his own show. The name of the cat is the same as the name of the show.
Speaker 2: The name of the cat is the name of the show, the Graham Norton show.
Speaker 3: I don't it was Garfield Morgan. I've never heard of that in my entire line. But speaking of Bob Hoskins, you know I still have a big crush any when I was a kid, did you Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Who framed Roger Rabbit? Honestly I was in the element, yeah.
Speaker 4: Player, Jessica Rabbit and Shagger.
Speaker 3: No. I was like, right, should we do another one? Yes?
Speaker 4: Because I need to get the same if you're going Bob Hoskins.
Speaker 3: I was actually still watch that show.
Speaker 4: I don't think for you go, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Everyone's right again, Sorry, I move that keeps going on to sport, and I know we don't want to do sport.
Speaker 4: Because I'm so good at all the topics.
Speaker 3: Enough so TV trivia again. Okay, okay, So how did Eastender Tiffany Mitchell die?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I know this one even need to look at it. Do you know?
Speaker 4: Do you know who played Tiffany Mitchell Martin McCutcheon.
Speaker 2: Yes, she went bankrupt after all the yoga adverts.
Speaker 3: She did actually after My Fair Lady as well. She turned up for that either. Apparently she's doing middle adverts now we charity shot such.
Speaker 2: Is she's gone up in the world again. Martin McCutcheon died in EastEnders by being run over.
Speaker 4: Yes, buy a car? Who was chasing us? Who was chasing her? A whiskey A whiskey chaser? I don't know. I think he was Grant Mitchell that was chasing what Phil? Who is she banging? She banged both and Peggy banging?
Speaker 3: Peg should spoken You're going to do another one and it's landed on music trivia.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, okay, I know this one as well. Good for you. You've got the answers. I know this is there. Okay.
Speaker 3: Where is rock star Jim Morrison buried in the ground? Correct? Right?
Speaker 4: Half right? Buried at sea? Not Averil the Mermaid? She lived in the sea. She was buried at sea.
Speaker 3: Okay, it was It is Paris, Paris, Paris as in is burning yeah as well, it's where it's a resting place of our beloved Jim Morrison.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that's enough for now.
Speaker 2: Coming half this short break, we get all up close and personal without even buying him a drink.
Speaker 4: It's Mark in Spotlight.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, and you're still watching Mike and Mark and chewing the cud. Now we're going to catch up with everything that they've been up to with Mark Massett in Spotlight, so that the show star of small and Large Green alike, very small, medium.
Speaker 4: Sized and large.
Speaker 3: Exactly, that's what you mean.
Speaker 4: Exactly. So I've heard you been in films.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been in quite a few films. Actually, yeah, Hollywood supers, I'm not no independent films we did. I did a lot, but when I moved to London, and when you don't have much on your CD, you literally do a shed load for free. You can say ship though, can't you shipload? And that's how I built up my portfolio. So some films that you do, like the independent film, but they're quite well known. No, I'm sorry, that's a lie.
Speaker 4: Well known.
Speaker 3: They're independent and the cheap, but you don't. But there were feature films and I never got paid for them. But yeah, I've been I've done quite a bit, short and long, and.
Speaker 2: I mean the things you're probably most famous for a very small screen orientated, aren't they.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, Yeah, so I didn't make I didn't make it a name for myself until I got to do in YouTube and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Not two Girls, one Cup, No, No.
Speaker 3: That was I didn't make the audition for that one.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But yeah, when we started doing when I started doing YouTube, that was when the momentum going, and that's when I started make actually money. Yeah, getting paid for acting, you can call that. So you're probably most well known for Brenda, that's right. Yeah, So for people that don't know who Brenda is?
Speaker 4: Who is Brenda?
Speaker 3: So? Brenda is a character which is an amalgamation of my mom and every mom on our estate back in the day, and yeah, it was it's kind of effortless. I'm a very visual person and I absorb everything that come into every.
Speaker 4: Person's every person. Ye, yes, what depends on what that is.
Speaker 3: No, every every every every person. I'm quite absorbent of their character and I'm a good mimic, so I can do it. Mainly is my mum, I would say, but there are other mums in there and people that I've met recently as well.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, so for people want to know what Brenda's like, his little clip we have.
Speaker 1: Now, I forgot, I said, you forgot about your own two kids even bleeding better, I said, you didn't forget to invite after.
Speaker 3: Breeds in the state, did you.
Speaker 1: He just stood there, dumbfounded, as per usual, I said, And that brings me to you, Carol, I said, why are you inviting all my mates to your scummy bleeding wedding?
Speaker 4: Is off your auntie Sheila, I won't get too excited. The wrapping probably costs more than the present.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: She's be mother in law.
Speaker 4: The answers, no, but you have the kitchen while I'm cooking.
Speaker 3: If you don't stop fighting, I'm going to put all these presents in the kids home and you'll follow. I'm sure that the president from her auntie Jackie year.
Speaker 1: He moved it, Barret shouting.
Speaker 4: Me out, now, Oh, bar told you not to get me anything?
Speaker 3: That did you?
Speaker 4: Are you joking? Can I'm go and get that sherry off you, Nana, your.
Speaker 2: Aunt and bottle already brilliant?
Speaker 4: So what did you want to think about?
Speaker 3: But being the emphasis of Brenda, well, at first she'd be like, don't put my name on it showed a lot of money and catalog you see right, She had a lot of aliases, and people think when I'm when I do that, it's a joke. But now there's names coming coming through the.
Speaker 4: But she loved it.
Speaker 3: It was fun. It was fun to do because I think it's always nice to it's always nice to know it's almost been watching it, you know, And I enjoyed my mom what I enjoyed watching the things that she did. She was very mischievous. She's no longer with us now, but you know, she had no problem with the character of it all. But yeah, it was She loved it. In fact, followed me up, when's the next video out?
Speaker 4: Kind of thing, you know, going down the bingle, going to watch me I'm funny?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. Basically, yeah, this is me.
Speaker 4: That's you.
Speaker 2: Certain way you could say that she's been immortalized in that character.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I do actually do find myself going back and watching some of the videos, not because I feel like, oh yeah, I did a really good job there, but because I look very much like my mum. So when you go back and you sort of you have a scroll through and thinking, yeah, that's definitely a so that it's quite nice. It's quite nice.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 2: So you've got this definite character, and I said, it's all the mums as well. Yeah, and having watched all of the videos gets into all sorts of things they scrapes. Yeah, it lightly situations that you wouldn't have expected necessarily. Yeah, how do you come up with those situations? They based on life as well.
Speaker 3: No, it's all true, it's all true, all true. Yeah, most of it, it's true, but exaggerated. My mom did catch her husband watching somebody it shouldn't have been watching when she was in bed with the margarine. For those who don't, those who know, they know. Yeah, a lot of it is true. A lot of it is true my house mainly, but sometimes I take excerpts from other people's lives as well that I've heard, Okay, of course, So.
Speaker 2: It's very much. It's the best bits of people's.
Speaker 3: Best, the worst bits of people. The worst bits are the best, the best comedy bits. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So apart from it from Brenda, who everybody knows, do you have any other characters.
Speaker 3: That you do or Yeah, we've got Tony Finn, which is the local but it's a bit like a Frank Gallagher kind of character. But as was. The one I did was a bit because I actually knew him, actually was he used to have all kinds of stuff wrong with him. He was a guy that I actually knew from the pub. So when we went to the pub once, there was a guy there with an overcoat on and he had his pajamas on, So said, why have you got your pajamas on?
Speaker 4: Was like, oh, I'll just spen to the hospital and I need a drink.
Speaker 3: So he left the pub. He left the hospital to go to the pub in his pajamas. Yeah, did you go back to the hospital. I don't know, that's that's what I need. I don't actually know. I don't know how it ended for him. That was very That was a long time ago. But yeah, out to say that he's probably gone now the pub, Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Any other characters that you have?
Speaker 3: Who else? I've done a few, to be fair, I did a manking, started out doing a monk gangster. I want to be that was They're all over I say, I would say that Brenda is the main one, to be honest with. Yeah, that's the one that people want to see whenever I whenever I step out of that And do you want to be a little bit creative. Where's Brenda? Yeah, people put you back in messing around and get that work on. And that's kind of how it was. And I can't really I kind of tracked myself, I guess.
Speaker 2: So what do you do with someone you do try these other characters and people say, no, what Brenda, Brenda? What do you stop doing those other characters?
Speaker 4: Or it's tough and it do what I want. It's my channel, please and subscribe.
Speaker 3: No I do. I understand that, but it's like doing the same job over and over and over. I've run out of stuff to talk about. I've been doing this. I've been Brenda for about eleven years now. And when I was doing in it, no one. There was me and another guy that was doing it. Now because of TikTok and reels and shorts and stuff, every man, every guy is doing his mum a lot of it. The stuff that we've all already done and did it really well.
Speaker 4: It all went viral.
Speaker 3: So to go back and do the same thing when there's so many people doing it anyway, it would be a bit.
Speaker 4: It's just it gets lost. It's lost, you know.
Speaker 3: So we try our best, but you know, he's only so many things we can talk about over and over, So what's next? What's next? More the same. I desperately want to get on stage, definitely want to do some live shows. But I've been promising this for years and I have a bit of stage fright. I have a bit of you know, you got cell tickets and all that. It's very overwhelming. So I just need to get me backsiding gear and just go just jump on a stage as Brenda Edinburgh Fringe. Yeah, that we did ask to too. We did actually get approach to do a show and I started writing it and I got halfway through it, and then I had an idea of doing like a parody show where you can add the parodies that Brenda has done before and do it like that.
Speaker 4: But it's like.
Speaker 3: Licensing and stuff like that, and when it gets all a little bit like law stuff, might forget it.
Speaker 4: By the law.
Speaker 3: Everything that I'm about.
Speaker 2: So if people wanted to find you on the social media, how would they find you?
Speaker 3: So you can find me on Mark mass It that is my name on every platform, YouTube, Facebook, tittoc, Instagram. There's anymore Twitter?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I don't use Twitter.
Speaker 2: We're still dead name Twitter because what's it called now? Twitter x it wants to call it xIC tweters.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the anything with videos you can find not only fans though.
Speaker 4: Yet yet.
Speaker 3: In the future.
Speaker 4: Well thanks for that mark.
Speaker 2: That's almost the end of the show for now, but on screen now you can see how contact details. It's at the coud TV, on social media and if you want to have a binge with us, you can find us on YouTube. We are chewing the cud on there too.
Speaker 3: Thank you for watching and see you soon.
Speaker 4: Bye bye.