Speaker 1: It is six oh six, it is Monday. It is the Monday after Easter. And if you're just waking up this morning, the big story is Pope Francis has died. Now, technically he died the day after Easter, because doing it on Easter would have been a very saintly thing. I'm that's gonna irritate somebody. But no, there's a lot of saints who literally died on religious holidays, were born on religious holidays. It's kind of a thing that they add in their description of them. So I'm not saying that they're going to canonize the pope. I'm just pointing out that there is some coincidence there. And let's see, he was eighty eight. He was a very different Now, my first pope, and I was raised Catholic by family, is super Catholic, was Pope John Paul. And actually I was three or something, two or three when he came to visiting the US. I'd have to look up exactly how old I was. I was told I was there in the audience. I don't know, don't know. I was a baby. And then obviously Pope John Paul. And then you go through a A A A A Pope in the middle there and now onto Pope Francis. Yeah, dead at the age of eighty eight. And of course the internet's doing what the internet does, because this is how let me, let me explain to you how our politics has just gone where it's gone. Okay, so earlier this weekend, Ron Sunday yesterday, I'm you know, I'm scrolling through Twitter whatever it's before I started prep and I was just was it a morning or whatever? And you know a lot of people posted the old classic he has risen all right? Lastly, okay, a lot of people posting that on social media. That's not unusual, it is Easter. And then I noticed under a couple of them community notes. Now the show account is what's called one of those bird watch accounts, so we can see proposed community notes. I know some of you are as well, and so you know, even if they never make it to primetime, I get to see it. And I just couldn't resist. I'm like, the dude tweeted three words, what is your beef? And then I realized some troll might have been multiple trolls. I didn't check. I saw it on two different tweets. Just shook my head. And moved on. They had taken time to under because you have to post some sort of evidence that contradicts the tweet. They posted like a medical journal article of the human who was dead clinically the longest or whatever, which was I guess, I don't know, you know, a couple hours or whatever. And they're like, see so and so some Swedish dude or whatever it was. I was clinically dead for an hour and forty five minutes, so three days, it's impossible. And I'm like, who's out here on Easter? Who's out here on Easter? Even if you see it purely as a non religious holiday as your kids can get candy or you can, you know, eat some ham or you know, whatever it is, who's out community noting Jesus? And I can say, I, you know, I doubt you're out. I don't think they were probably there during Ramadan, community noting Mohammed or you know, like none of this was happening. But no, their their their life is so unfulfilled. But they're going to be sitting there having I don't know, their organs repeatedly removed by this by the lake of fire, and they're gonna turn to the next guy and go, yeah, yeah, I community noted Jesus on Twitter. Good for you. I hope that was fulfilling. So I thought that was gonna be my main religious based thing. I wanted to tell you about today because like, get a hobby, bro, do something. I've never understood why people who were non religious don't lean into holidays. It's like, you remember Ross, you remember the June teenth thing where everyone was losing their mind. We had a pretty simple policy here around the show. What was our policy here on the show when they were proposing another federal holiday that is now on our company vacation.
Speaker 2: Our stance was will we get the day off?
Speaker 1: Yes? And then the answer was yes. And then we're like yay Juneteenth. Okay. But also, I you know, I'm a history dude, whatever, and I understand it's not the exact day, and everyone got into these arguments. I'm like, quickquivling. All right, they're giving you a free day off. I guess if you're an employer and you got to pay it and you added a pay vacation, maybe you're beefing, But like, okay, we'll take the day off. When is Juneteenth this year? I just realized something we're off the whole week. What is June today? Is it the fifteenth? I don't remember what the day? Oh no, it's a Sunday. So is it on our house our calendar? What day is June teenth? Ross? We looked that up real quick. I just realized we're going to be off in May for a whole week, just two weeks away, and then we get to the Memorial Day and then we get the Juneteenth thing, so you know, we're getting this drought of vacation time.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday the nineteenth. All right, Well that's weird.
Speaker 1: It's Thursday's a day off and we've got to come back for a show on Friday. We should talk about that, you know what I mean, just saying, or do weekend? All right? So, uh yeah, So that was But but then and I think, well, that's the most religious story I'll talk about today. Some people out just community in Jesus and then the pope died, and because we live in the world that we live in, that can't just be the story. Oh. I was just reminded of that horrible movie Conclave. You know, here's the problem, Ross, You know how you know how consumers to some extent are just they're just mindless drones. I'll bet the Conclave all of a sudden makes a bunch of money. I'll bet people find out about that movie and becomes hip and oh dear God. And if you don't know what happens, do you think it's been long enough? I can say it on the air, what happened in Conclave. I feel like it's my moral obligations. You don't accidentally rent it and you're not prepared for it. Okay, So I'm gonna do this. So this movie, which has a ton of huge stars in it, all right, people that I really enjoy watching on the big screen. Okay, I went into it. I you know, I kind of like movies like that necessarily have to be religious. Like I enjoyed the movie The Two Popes on HBO. I don't know if you've seen that. Is it one hundred percent accurate?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: But it shows, you know, Bogolio retiring and then on to Pope Francis, and it's an interesting watch. So in this movie, which has Ralph Fine, Stanley Tucci, John Lithgow, it's just got a whole bunch of people. They go into the Conclave and there's an extra cardinal, which is a legit thing that can happen. You can essentially have a cardinal who's not identified as a cardinal because they serve in an environment where if people knew they were a cardinal, they probably be insta murdered. Okay, So there's this additional cardinal comes to the College of Cardinals. If you know anything about how they select the new pope, these are the cats that do it. And everyone's like, who's this guy? What the heck's going on here? And it turns out he was He was a cardinal was there's a name for it. It's Latin. I can't remember what it is. And he was the cardinal of Afghanistan. All Right, it's probably not a good place to be, like the top Catholic. And so a long story short, and I'm just gonna this is a this is a spoiler, but I feel like people are going to seek out this movie and I want you to know what you're getting. So there's a whole bunch of shdad agains. There's backstabbing. John Lithgow's kind of the bad dude in the movie, and he's trying to he's trying to take out another cardinal because he wants to be pope and and and that's fine, you have that storyline. But then the secret cardinal gets made the pope and oh, by the way, he's transgender, and it's not that nobody knows. So there you go. That's what you get with that movie. However, the one thing that wasn't in that movie and talking about the death of the Pope that triggered the whole movie was that the American Vice President murdered him. Because that's where we are now. The Internet is a heck of a place man, all right, Ross, So explain this, Yeah, no problem. So I came in, had a bunch of stuff to do this morning. I loaded all the audio that was in prep. I used all the bleeps on the Nancy Mace audio. Oh my god, that it was done. I had, like, you know, ten fifteen minutes to spare. Yeah, I'm like, well, what else is going on?
Speaker 2: And I turned on America's First News and my little bit control board right here the show before the show, you know, the person that people love to fill in for us, Gordon Deal. They love yeah, they love them.
Speaker 1: They they begged for him, and.
Speaker 2: So I turn it up and they're like the Pope's dead. Wow, oh, the Pope's dead. I need to find some pope body or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I go on to Twitter, going to x and the first I just pope. I type in a pope, you know. And the first video that pops up is jd Vance with the Pope and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 1: Heah, he went. Yeah, him and his family went to Easter bass and at Saint Peter's Basilica.
Speaker 2: And so the first thing I do is I checked the date. I say, when was this mate? Is this an older one? I'm like, oh man, it was yesterday. Yeah, it was yesterday. And then you start scrolling down the comments and people are saying that jd Vance murdered the pope. Okay, They're like, does that prove jd Van I read this. I'm not making it up. People are saying, I you know.
Speaker 1: This, Google this, Google this, It's.
Speaker 2: Proved jd Vance is the Antichrist, of course, and his gaze just staring at the pope in the wheelchair murdered the Pope.
Speaker 1: The pope who is eighty eight and has had pneumonia and has looked like he like he really had pneumonia. I don't know if you saw the video of him on the By the way, I just want to point this out. I know that there is a divide amongst Catholics as to this pope versus you know, go back to a class I say, Pope John Paul. Right, that's where we get the popemobile from right there. And he was pope for a very long time. But they have very different philosophies. And one thing this pope had no problem doing is uh being very critical of capitalism, and he was all in on the climate change and even't like borders unless they're around Saint Peter's Basilica. But but whatever, Well you can have intellectual disagreements there that, but it wasn't impacting. Okay, so this is this is my question. I don't remember in the Bible where the anti Christ murder is the last pope. I know about the whole last pope thing, right, and you know.
Speaker 2: People, yeah right, I can't speak on it. I haven't gotten there yet. I mean sure, yeah, yeah, I'm still in the Torah, so yeah, yeah, speak on.
Speaker 1: This all right. Spoil I'm sorry, spoiler. So yeah, wait till you get to the Gospels. There's some stuff that happens anyway. So so he murder.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: It's gonna sound insensitive. If there's an eighty eight year old in your life and they have double lung pneumonia and can barely move and you want them dead, why would you go through the trouble again? I don't mean this and set like that doesn't I feel like that should shoot holes in their theory. But okay, so that's how we're starting our week. Jd Vance murdered the pope. All right, do we just have a normal week? One? Have we had a normal week in twenty twenty five? Yet? I don't think I've had a whek. Let me tell you what. Every now and then in normal times, there's like that, like we'll have a week where I have I have to do show prep twice, I have to go through a bunch of websites, and I'm like, I still don't have enough stories. I don't have enough of this. I don't have enough that I gotta find something. I don't know if I can do. I haven't had that day this year. At no point did I get through my initial scan of the various websites and email, the newsletters and all the stuff that I check every day and went I don't know if I'm gonna have enough for a show tomorrow and then I don't know. Today could have been somewhat normal. We'd be talking about do you have a good roster? Did you have a good Easter? You and the fam? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had a fantastic east there.
Speaker 1: Yep. Do you guys eat a bunch of stuff?
Speaker 2: I sure did?
Speaker 1: Oh good? You bring some for everybody?
Speaker 2: Or I did not?
Speaker 1: Is that because there's none left?
Speaker 2: There's none left? I mean there's no eggs left. I ate all eggs.
Speaker 1: Mark.
Speaker 2: She made like I want to say, roughly, I don't know, like fifty deviled eggs and I just devoured them. You got it.
Speaker 1: You didn't bring deviled eggs for everybody because if you put them in the fridge, they're gonna like stink up the fridge.
Speaker 2: I did it for the family. I need to eat them all. They're very potent.
Speaker 1: Does she go she goes spicy on them? Or he had the paprika on the top, right, of course? Yes, you know, I see people don't put paprika.
Speaker 2: Oh that's not right.
Speaker 1: I don't feel that she should be able to buy eggs anymore. Prison Yeah, I think you get a little scarlet egg letter they go to the grocery store like, nah, prison, prison would be effective as well.
Speaker 2: The audio of JD meeting the Pope is on the button bar. But but but so, I also retweeted the tweet of their visit. The AP put it out, and I put it out on her account of Casey on the radio. But just these are the comments, so I'm not gonna skip. I'm just gonna read them in order. Okay, okay, all right, one touch is all it took. Okay, oh my god, he took him out reason spotted died or murdered? Angel of death?
Speaker 1: Okay did they say how he did it?
Speaker 2: I guess they're saying with his touch it's one touch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was. So it just if he touches you, you die, because I watched a whole bunch of people shake his hand when they did the rally, and uh, where did they have? Where do they have? Was it Inn Raley at the Jordan? I try to remember. I just remember seeing the video, so like, there's probably a bunch of our listeners, nice knowing you under the lunatic theory. All right, let's listen to the ten seconds of audio to see if he if well, anyway, find.
Speaker 2: Yourself to your father.
Speaker 1: I know you've not been feeling great, but it's good to see you in bet health. Now, why would somebody say that to somebody they're about to murder with their touch, right, because.
Speaker 2: Camera on camera, he looks like he's concerned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cauy's a deceiver. Well, the anti crisis a deceiver, that's true. Oh man, here's where we are, all right, we'll be right back, all right. So Ross and are handicapping the next pope. I think the chance that we get in an American I would be interesting.
Speaker 2: I'm all about it.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: We need an American pope.
Speaker 1: Ross is all patriotic poping yep. So you so you went an American pope?
Speaker 2: It just daunted me. I've never really got given a thought before. Right, there's never been an American pope, correct, Like it's never happened that it needs to happen. Then, where we just went to South America or Central mayor where are he's from Argentina, Argentina or whatever? Yeah, where the Nazis went?
Speaker 1: And well I went to well, hold on, I went to Argentina last year to may a Nazi.
Speaker 2: Yeah my point, right, there, thank you.
Speaker 1: What I just wanted an eighteen dollars best steak of the world with a glass of wine. Crazy these did you see, Hitler? I did not, you know what. The big tragedy though, remember I said it. What I wanted to do is I wanted to go to one of those Bavarian villages because I just had to see that.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're super weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was a pain in the ass to get out to the one and I never went like, you go.
Speaker 2: Out to those places and they're just like all this German architecture and they're speaking German and everything's in German.
Speaker 1: That's weird. Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah. I talked to him. No, I the guy thought the martender at the hotel was giving me the whole rundown. He thinks it's the weirdest damn thing in the world too, but he's like, hey, you want to go see you should go see it because it's weird. Go check it out. Man, Black like to get transit. There was a pain. I don't want to go with the tour. And just a pro tip, not that everyone that I ran into in Argentina wasn't very nice for the most part, although there was a couple people, but whatever. Not fan of Americans, Okay, just you know, you don't get in a mode of transportation with somebody you don't know, even if it's a taxi, and have you drive them three hours out of town, just from a safety perspective, and I don't care that it's me. That's how people get taken. So pro tip for all of you travelers there. So anyway, I didn't end up going there, but I really wanted to, and I thought that was weird. But he had his own He had his own history, you know, because he you know, remember when they when they came in and Argentina. This is not the this is not the Hitler part of it, but when they were going through the revolution there. One of the things, of course that you do when you're you know, a violent revolutionist, is you go through and you have to eliminate people's people wanting to find meaning in their life that's not you. And so he people have given him beef that he was going like he went along with it. I don't think it's as simple as that. I think that he was making the best of a situation and attempting to limit, like to work within the bounds of But you know, that's a you guys should research it. That's a personal decision. I never thought that was a fair thing to hang on him, because it's not like he was actively killing people. He was just being more secretive about what he was doing. And you can make a judgment call there that being said, yeah, yeah, he was the first Latin American pope. And for anyone who's traveled in Latin America, almost it's almost all Catholic churches and some of the and some really amazing, beautiful, like crazy nice because the Catholics when they come in, especially the big cities, they would build and they would square the town with these. So, like if you know anything about the city of Raleigh, one of the things that city planners wanted to do is they wanted a park north, south, east, west right, it kind of corn corners in the city and they would do that with churches. And so if you go to a lot of the big Latin American countries, the older cities, there's these really ornate churches that kind of square in the old downtown areas of what you used to be the in many cases parts of the walled city. So if you go to like Cartagena. They have a big wall there and it's Catholic churches are like the post on a poster bed, and then they even jam one in the middle there and then they'll have a big one. And and these countries, a lot of them are like ninety five percent Cato Lika or Cato Lico's Catholics. And I don't know, I enjoy old buildings, so you know, like what else. Area's had some crazy beautiful ones, which is saying something because you had a violent revolution there that attempted to downplay religion. So but there you go. And remember I told you when I was in Colombia on the UH on the Ecuador trip, I went to Columbia and Ecuador. The craziest thing I saw, I think I posted a picture of us, is they had those you ever watched like the any any anything that's set in Latin America and they want that big festival crowd shots. It could be the Day of the Dead thing, or it could just be Easter where they have the big processions or they're carrying all like the you know, the puppets and all that. And they had a dude straight on a cross and they didn't just tether them up there. I didn't realize that they do. Like the Philippines, they do this too, where people literally have nails hammered through their hands to show or or their self flagellation or stuff like that. It's pretty crazy to watch, man, and I'm like, what is going on here? I see that thing coming down the street and you got dudes up on a cross and I'm trying to figure out if that's if they're nailed, or that's fake blood, or what the heck's going on now? The one guy was tied to it, but he was bleeding from the wrists. So all this to say, they're really into it. So I think that in Latin America, today's going to be a very big deal. Got to be a very big deal. But you have, you know, you have a certain amount of time and then the Cardinals, the College of Cardinals, will get to work and they'll lock themselves in and we'll all be on watch and we'll figure out where it's gonna go. But I gotta be honest, I don't think I've read anything, and I'll review some more stuff. I didn't have a lot of time before the show. I don't even know if there was an odds on favorite in the top ten of Americans that could possibly be pope. So I just don't see it happening.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, that wouldn't be the first time we were underestimated.
Speaker 1: No, no, But also there's good you know, remember the world's mad at us now because we took away their allowance and they're absolutely petty enough, especially those European College of Cardinals, right, they feel that they were the pure, the pure cardinals when you hear them talk, so like, I think there's an extra incentive to not have an American pope. So why don't you Why don't you go be pope? I don't think I'm qualified. Well, that's right, you're not a cardinal. Although there was a time in history you didn't even have to be a cardinal. You just had to be whoever the king was controlling and then murder all the night's templar for him. But we don't do that anymore. So U anyway, hold on, there's gotta be odds on fair. Can you bet on this on DraftKings? I don't know, all right, here we go? What you can I don't know that you can bet on DraftKings. You can bet on who the new pope is. I saw it last time around. I talked about it on the radio.
Speaker 2: Definitely, yeah, it just I don't know. It seems like there's something wrong with that, but that's me what.
Speaker 1: It's a positive thing. You're you're betting on who is going to be the next pope. Not it's not a death pool.
Speaker 2: Good more, go with a cardinal Joe Smith from Buffalo, New York, go bills?
Speaker 1: Is that a person? I don't know. There probably is a cardinal. Well, there is a cardinal obvious in New York. I don't know that. Probably not Buffalo. But ah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Listen. Can we agree if the pope is chosen and they're from Buffalo, it's obviously a sign that this is Buffalo's here?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: Could we give that?
Speaker 1: I don't know when's the last time Rome won the Premier or the uh the Euroleage. I don't know, man, how that works. Although you know what, actually, hold on? What did I just tell you about the last pope? Where was he from?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 2: Mexico?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Hey, I just told you villages country in South America? Violent revolution, Buenos Aires. Okay, Well that you know what that's? That is the city. Yes, Argentina.
Speaker 2: I was not paying attention.
Speaker 1: Who won the last Men's World Cup? No idea Argentina, Ah, Messi, Messi and crew. So you might be onto something.
Speaker 8: Bro.
Speaker 1: You need to lobby. You need to lobby. Even though there's probably not a cardinal in Buffalo. You need to lobby. Figure that out. All right? So who are the leading candidates? All right? Here we go Luis Togo to gaul from the Philippines. All right, all right, he is He is definitely a progressive dude. I actually read about him. He was France's inner circle. We got the whoever the Italian? The Italian cardinal is there, He's always in the running. So that's Pietro. Let's see here, dude from Ghana. Okay, m oh ross, what did you Eastern European pope? Ready, the dude from Hungary. And I'm not making this up. By the way, they literally have odds. You want to hear the Betty nods on all them. They're attached to the article. So if you go with the Philippines cardinal, it's three to one odds. It's pretty good four to one on the Italian. This just feels so wrong that there's Betty nods attached. Here the dude from Ghana at five to one, the Hungarians six to one. You got another Italian pope from who is this Milan? Oh, this is the dude from near Tuscany? Bro, do you want a Tuscan pope? Maybe he'd maybe he'd swap out some of the menu items on some of the traditional like Catholic meals. All right, so those are those are really the one they think it's going to be one of those five? So two Italians, Ganesese, I don't know if how you say, someone from Ghana, Hungarian and uh uh Filipino. So yeah, we'll see you there, all right, Boston Paul doesn't even know what to do. Well, don't worry Boston Paul, because the one thing I know is not going to happen. It it's probably for the best is you're not going to be the next pope. And I think Boston may have negated their ability because of that thing. Just saying all right, six forty six here on the cacy O Day Radio program, let me ask a question, and then we got to roll into some other stories. Who for for the Catholics in the audience, who do you want somebody who's more like Pope Francis, or do you want somebody who's more like Pope John Paul? Which you know, they operated in very different manners. I mean, obviously the majority of how they operated is you know, Catholic. But what they what they threw their attention to and leaned into, we were we're different priorities. So what are you hoping for? Yeah? Phil, what's up.
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: You feel?
Speaker 5: Can run ahead?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Gim on Casey Cardinal Dowan from New York who saf mass out of Saint Patrick's Cathedral. Man, that guy's fantastic and he's all over the the the.
Speaker 3: TV doing interviews, and I hope he's in the running at least.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think so. It would be very interesting. I think. You know, one of the things that I think is unfair is there are people out there who believe that the Catholic Church scandal was something that was purely American and they couldn't be more wrong. Right, this was this required the church to be very proactive in a lot of other countries where it hadn't come to light. And so there are some I've heard argue that anyone who was a cardinal or even a bishop at the time within the Catholic Church should not be in there. But that's just people hating on America. I know, as far everything I know about Cardinal Dolan seems to be positive, So yeah, it would be interesting.
Speaker 9: I am Catholic. I'm Catholic, went to Catholic school, fall through, you know, ye, one through, one through and.
Speaker 1: The whole deal.
Speaker 3: So I'm really I'm really destroyed about the whole scandal with.
Speaker 9: The Catholic Church. It's really hard for me to.
Speaker 3: Come to grips with it. But you know, I do my own thing. I do my own thing. I have my own relationship with with God, and uh, I just do the best I.
Speaker 1: Can, man, you know, anyone can.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, I hope Cardinal Dolan is at least in the running, but I guess maybe he's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, who knows. Like, uh, this pope was a surprise. Yeah, all right, sir, appreciate the call this morning, Thank you very much. So I don't know. We'll watch it play out, but I think right now everyone's so cheese in America that you'll have someone do it, just like now, we can't have an American pope. All right, We'll see all right, six forty nine. Uh, Like I said, we do have some other stuff to get into. We got all sorts of audio, not just jd Vance touching the Pope or whatever. Ohough the Poe. What I did like, do you ever see you ever see the the video of him whipping his hand away when people are trying to kiss his hand, and they're like that was like for some scandal, and and it's just like, do you want you want a thousand people all slobburn on your hand? Right there? We can hand it, we can do a simple handshake. And I just distinctly remember that video, and I was like, this guy's getting a getting grief for nothing. Man, I don't want I don't want a thousand people kissing my hand in a row. That's not very sanitary. But we shall see, all right, six fifty we'll dive into a few other stories.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: The phone number eight eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four back in just a few minutes. Pope francis dead at eighty eight. You've been very ill for quite some time. There's some video of him I remember seeing here. I don't know a couple of weeks ago or they took him out on the balcony there, and dude looked rough man, But he's an eighty eight year old who's got like double lung pneumonia, So it's not that surprising. But now a process begins. You know, the College of Cardinals. It's not all cardinals. I think there's like two hundred and fifty cardinals, but you have to be under at I'm trying to remember the restrictions here. It's like it's like half of them or something. Actually go vote for the new pope and then there's a and then you have to be under a certain age, and there's some other things there. So so anyway they will, you know, they'll be recalled to the Vatican and the conclave process will kick off. I asked Rob to reach out to the bishop of the Raleigh Diocese, so we'll hopefully we can have him on and we'll talk a little about this. Yeah, and yes, is there a certain geopolitical nature to this, Absolutely, because everything else has been everything else has been politicized in our life. But Ros and I are on team US Pope, so and we have a lot of We have a lot of cardinals. I think we have sixteen cardinals in the US. I don't know how many are necessarily eligible, but so like we got you know, we got sixteen golden tickets out of you know, two hundred and fifty or two fifty two or whatever the number is there. So yeah, Pope Francis of course the first cardinal from the Americas, hailing from Argentina. But and I would point this out because people will criticize the US as well, you know, they're not as they're not as religious religiously active. As put that thought aside, the US, of all of the Catholics in the world, represents a fifth of them. In fact, we have as many Catholics in the US or in North America, I guess to be fair, so Canada and Mexico in there we have as many Catholics as they do in Italy or in all of Europe, and so it's roughly about twenty percent from both. The only place in the world that has more Catholics is South America. They have about twenty five percent of all the Catholics. And then Asia has got a bunch, and then Oceania doesn't have and I don't think Antarctica has any either. So Oceana has got a very small percentage but so, you know, to discount that there could be a North American Pope shows your ignorance of the spread of Catholicism, to be quite honest with you. So I just wanted to throw that out there, all right, let me so if you if anybody wants chat about that, we can do so. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eighty seven four. I'm very curious from practicing Catholics, do you want to see more Pope Francis with the next guy or more Pope John Paul. You don't want any of the Pope humorouses. I promise you that don't google that there was there was a bad run back there. So yeah, so because the very different vibes with those two, I mean, it's all Catholic at the end of the day. But you know, Pope Francis didn't lean away from weighing in on some big political issues. But also Pope Pope John Paul is said to have tried to undermine the Soviet Union. So it gets Ross was doing his research this morning.
Speaker 2: Now it's fantastic to read about, like it's really fascinating.
Speaker 1: Well, one of the one of the hallmarks of communists, and remember that's what Francis was dealing with in Argentina that was a communist revolution under color of more of a Chile but violent nonetheless, But one of the things that you have to do when you take over a country is a dictator or communist revolution, is you have to divorce the people from reliance on anything that's not you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Pope John Paul, he was from Eastern Europe, right, and he despised communism in the Soviet Union, and he was actually funneling money from the Vatican into these groups trying to take down the Soviet Union, like the anti communist groups.
Speaker 1: What if he was a spy? Possibly, that's good cover, you know what I mean, that's a pretty good cover right there.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, So I'm so like, I'm so in now on the idea of an American Pope.
Speaker 1: Ross is not even Catholic, man, I shouldn't say that. Were you guys? Did you guys go to Catholic Church New yorkad? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I went to the Catholic church, the one, the ginormous one. Yeah, nice and or needs amazing Catholic Church. It's across the street from our first house we had in Schenectady. Now it's a Hindu temple. It's got a big band of this as Hindu temple, so that's super weird. But in my neighborhood growing up in Schenectady, uh, there got maybe four or five Catholic churches in a span of a few blocks. Oh yeah, Like it was ridiculous. So we went there until I was about five. And then I was five, my mom pulled us out of the church and we started, you know, just practicing at home. And the reason for that was I didn't understand at the time, but apparently, uh, there were some shenanigans going on at the church, and my mother did not feel as comfortable going there anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had to do it. Yeah, and as a kid, I didn't get it, you know. But now you're just on team American Pope completely, Okay. I like I said, we got we got sixteen colorful hold on, I should call the list up here. So I wanted to be accurate, which occasionally I do try to be haters. Let's see here, all right. So uh yeah, so I'm trying to figure out where all the cardinals are in the US. Shame on me for not knowing, right, Um, all right, Los Angeles, Detroit they have did they actually have a cardinal who's whose purview is prisons? Did you know that in the US, So that's the thing. Philadelphia, Boston, Houston, where you'd explained, we have a military cardinal too. That's right, Raymond Burke. I actually met Raymond Burke. So let's see here, Washington, dude, listen to this title. Ross tell me if you oh wait, yeah, Ross, tell me if you'd like this title. You ready, grand Master Emeritus of the Order of the Holy Scepter.
Speaker 2: That's an amazing yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, man, like you said, New York Saint Paul, Oh James, that's right, they do have one of Minneapolis St. Paul, Chicago, Newark, Couple, Washington, and then you have you have some outstanding ones like the carmel Ango of the Church and there you go. So yeah, we got lots to choose from. Yeah, let's make this happen. Absolutely, yes, Donna, what's up?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 4: Casey mm hm. So I'm mon, Team America. Sure, And I think that since Trump can name the Golf of Mexico the Gulf of America, he should be able to name the next pope. And I think that he should name Cardinal Timothy Dolan, who headed the Alfredsmith dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna Donna, I'm gonna go. I'm not comfortable with the US president picking the pope, so come on now, hide and picking a pope.
Speaker 4: Trump picking a pope.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just pointing out. Yeah, if they pick up, well, most of these cardinals are in there, they're very old, so the chances are then whoever's next, and if it's moonbat the last thing you want. You want Barack Obama picking a pope. No you don't, No, no, not at all. Pick Matt Gates and I'll have to lose my mind again.
Speaker 6: So no, no, he's bud cardinal.
Speaker 1: I don't want anything. I don't know if you saw Matt Gates is now throwing DeSantis under the butt. The whole thing absolutely mess. All right, thank you very much for the call. Appreciated. All right, Yes, yeah, you can be under eighty to be pope, but you're still eighty. Okay, people are I'm not by the way, don't take the intricacies of the cardinal of colleges and the conclave process from me, Okay, don't, mister. I did the whole Catechism thing Obviously, I try to be well read on this, but I'm not a practicing Catholic, so I'm not up on everything and admitt it. So if I get some stuff wrong, don't yell at me or send me angry emails. Try in here while we're also trying to discuss it in the you know, in our own unique way as we do here on the show. So I don't mean a fence to anybody.
Speaker 2: Somebody just sent me a message that said, what about you know, one of the biggest Catholics in the country, what about Pope Biden? And uh oh gee, now, and now my entire day is ruined. Well, not that American, not that guy. Not that.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you see his Easter family photo that he totally doesn't look photoshopped into it? I did, and you agree, totally doesn't look photoshopped.
Speaker 2: Is this totally natural?
Speaker 1: Is it? With that suit he's wearing while everyone else is in casual clothes, he's looking spry, and he looks younger, and he's looking in the right direction. I'm not saying it's photoshop. I didn't say that, did you say Ross? Did you say that? No? I didn't say that. Were the lightings different on him. I tried to get gro to photoshop you into the photo, but I have to have the premium. I thought that'd be hilarious taking that weird that headshot on your Twitter, but Grock wouldn't do it unless I about the premium. So what'd be like? Wow, look at that Ross was dining with the former president. That's crazy. All right, Uh well, let me do this. I'll get to the YouTuber's the thing here in the last segment or in the next segment. I just let me grab these calls because it would be a weird non sequitor when I tell you what this idiot was up to. Joe Anne, what's up? Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Man, how are you? I am practicing cradle Catholics sixty eight years traditional go to our ladies where I saw on wis Market Street. God rest his soul type Francis. But he was definitely a form in many in the side of many traditional Catholics. Yes, we felt he was too liberal, topic of conversation on a daily basis. Often we're just very confused by what he did. As far as cardinals from the US go, the abuse situation was horrific. Think there's no other words, to no other word to describe it. However, it's happened in every religion. It's not on this grand as scale, and it.
Speaker 1: Is let me just let me pause you for a second. And this is why when I brought it up, I think that people unfairly assumed that that was purely a US thing. And if people would it was, it was not. And and by the way, there's a couple instances that are mighty horrific that were happening in a lot of third world countries that frankly, it's all horrifying, but like some really really bad stuff. And so yeah, so.
Speaker 6: We we disqualified from from a cardinal in the US by that, But for those reasons we want to see. I think a large population in the church is growing by leaps and bounds, and surprisingly enough, it's young people who were coming into the church, and and they're traditional. They are coming into church because a lot of them took theology, are taking theology, and it brought them to the church. And we need somebody traditional in there. We need somebody who believes in the basis of the Catholic faith and does it take it and twist it and turn it, and and it was getting too political, it was getting to corrupt. So a lo, like I said, God rest his soul. I'm looking forward to see what's gonna happen. But I do hope we get a traditional Catholic in there, because that's, you know, in my opinion and an opinion of everybody I talked to, that's what we need.
Speaker 1: You know. The cardinal's he's Dutch, is super traditional, and he is on the short list. But I think for those reasons, like he's really like he won't give h he will give me, oh what's going on there? Uh, he will give mass in certain situations to people. So I don't know that we're going to get that, but we will see. Joeanne, thank you very much for the call. It'll be interesting. Uh, we have this call real quick, buddy. What's up?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 11: Is there any role that President Trump not being Pope Trump and bring Elon and brings Elon to come in to take the Doge team into the Vatican and give all the Jewish Jewish stuff that Germany took and stored in there during Worlar two back to the UH to the Jewish people.
Speaker 1: So we just we just called the craft on Catholics. This morning. Is that where we're at?
Speaker 11: Well, no, no, no, no, no, I'm not calling craft.
Speaker 5: I'm just that's actually true, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: They still I'm not discounting that the Vatican did not store some of some of that stuff. But if if you're going into the Vatican archives, I want whoever's pope just to let me in there so I can read all the scrolls and stuff.
Speaker 5: It's doesn't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Why not? I'm asking, Hey, look, hey.
Speaker 5: I ain't telling you. You know, I'm not the smartest, I'm not the self's liking it, whatever, But I'm just telling you reim was creative to control people, all right, and they took advantage of it, and they're still doing it. And that's just the truth.
Speaker 9: That's how I think.
Speaker 1: You're more than entitled your opinion. I'm just I'm just challenging you know what you're throwing out there, when in reality, there's probably much there. There's incredibly cool stuff down in the archive, and I just want to get a look at it.
Speaker 11: So hey, hey, we just imagined Pope Trump have a gon horse at the Vatican.
Speaker 5: It'd be beautiful.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, he's good where he's at. I like where he's at. That's that's good.
Speaker 9: All right, Hey, all right, well to have a good day by all right.
Speaker 1: All right, I can't. I'm sorry, I don't. I don't care how much you like Trump. No, no, and also no, he can't be but no a thousand times no. Ross. You want to go to the Vatican Archive if I can get us in there, read some stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh do, There'd be so many cool things down there.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I get the spear of destiny though, that's mine. Let me know that you called it. It's fair, that's my own fault. Yeah, should have got out ahead of this thing. Man. Well anyway, it's uh like I said, it's well, we'll continue chatting about it if if you want. But I do have to get to some other stories because this guy, this guy right here, this YouTuber, this might be the most This might be the worst idea for a YouTube prank channel other than the people who are about to go to prison over in Asia. But she got yourself there. You had to work for this this guy that was only part of their thing. Like, what's weird is that dude in the Philippines. Most of his channel was him traveling around the Philippines to like layte and very poor portions of the Philippines and like giving stuff, like doing all this charitable stuff. And then he'd do that, and then you go try to steal guns from cops. It's just it's the most bipolar setup I think I've ever seen on a YouTube channel. This guy I'm gonna tell you about. He had one stick. He was just there to terrorize people. When I say terrorized, I do not use that word lightly. Okay, So when we come back I will play the audio and we'll do it next. Tell me if that dude's actually nailed at that thing or not. What of course, I'm gonna take photos. What are you talking about? All right, let me get over to this. Uh did you dude, did you do do? Okay? All right, So I admit I missed the story. Okay, I missed the story. Uh when this dude was actually kicked off the YouTube, But when I was reading about this yesterday, Holy crap, man, Holy crap. So this dude's seventeen. His name is Arah Moshala. And it's important to note we're gonna do a little I don't know profiling is the right word here. He looks very convincing because he obviously looks Middle Eastern. Okay, and that's gonna be important for this story. I'm not just picking on them because it helps sell the extreme prank channel he was doing. So what do I mean by extreme prank? So check this out. He thought it would be hilarious. He had, by the way, six hundred and fifty thousand subscribers who wanted to watch this content. So here's here's how the prank went. All right, you're ready, I don't know, maybe this fun prank you want to do? So in the YouTube. The YouTube ch title of these was called throwing water on people's faces, and he did a whole series of these. All right, that must be pretty annoying, right, you just hit him with a squirt gun or something. And by the way, you shouldn't do that. People are gonna get that's a good way to get shot. Okay, but you go, it's an overreaction. I don't know. Don't squirt anything in anyone's face, okay, because they don't.
Speaker 9: Know what it is.
Speaker 1: However, that's not what he was going for here. He wasn't going for, Hey, there's a kid with a squirt gun who's pranking people. On a corner. It was very carefully designed to give people the impression that what he threw in their face was not water, but rather acid. I want to repeat that he intentionally concocted the way that he did it, what he yelled, and how it appeared to look as though it was an acid attack, which is a thing. I'm sure you're aware of this, right, If you have a woman who's out of control and you don't want to honor kill her, you can blind her with acid. This is if you're not aware of this. This is a horrible, horrific thing that happens in Middle Eastern countries or in countries where you have a lot of Middle Eastern people who, in some cases a slice of them are going to be very tr traditional and then occasionally you get these horrific stories. Right, We've had people here in the US who've had acid thrown in their face, but it's a hallmark more so of some places in the Middle East, and it's and it's horrific. So understand what people are thinking is happening to them is not hey, where did that water come from? People think that you're being that they are being. For a moment, they believe they're being blinded.
Speaker 2: By acid.
Speaker 1: And that was his prank. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: In the video, he approaches several people as a brief conversation and then throws a cup of water in their face. But he doesn't have a conversation about the weather. Isn't it a nice day out? Haha? Water in your face. He has a conversation that is meant to build fear and intimidation in them, so that when he does throw the acid, which obviously isn't acid, into their face, they're already at a heightened sense of nervousness. What is this dude yelling about what's going on? And knowing that that is a thing, their brain for just a minute thinks that they were just they just had acid thrown in their face. Honestly, I'm surprised somebody didn't beat this dude to death. But of course he's not going up and throwing the acid into the you know, into the face of the rock, right or Jason Statham looking dudes. No, he's harassing women who clearly this is a concern that they may have on the brain. Man, Now, don't think that they just throw acid on women. That just tends to be the target. But yeah, so this is in the UK, and he's doing so in many of these areas that have a high Muslim population. And his whole his whole thing is six hundred and fifty I'm assuming was six hundred and fifty thousand subscribers. You could probably make a pretty good living ross, right, I don't really know how this all plays out on YouTube. Is six fifty six hundred and fifty thousand enough to make some money?
Speaker 2: No, but he can survive off that. Okay, at that point, that's your career. I mean, that's your career a pretty big following.
Speaker 1: Well, Google disagreed, which is strange because normally I feel like they don't police anything, and then everything at all, and then everything all at once, and it's usually dumb stuff or conservative stuff. But so YouTube's like, nah, we're not gonna play this all right, So I want you to hear this. This this morons interview. And I don't care that he's seventeen. He fully he knows what he's doing. He knows what he's doing. But listen to this because he's the victim. I don't know if you guys know this. He's the victim.
Speaker 12: Everyone, and ask attack of victim who Chris has me, I do apologize for if you've seen that as the wrong way. I don it mean for the video to you.
Speaker 1: I want to apologize if you see it as the wrong Is there anyone other than him and probably some really horrible people follows. Is there anyone who thinks this is the right way to do YouTube other than a handful of idiots then the people prought him along who would never do it all on their own because they're cowards, but they'll gladly watch a guy do it. So no, no, this is this is you, bro, This is this is one hundred percent on you be.
Speaker 12: Seen in that way. The media kind of like it demon as me. I've never once mentioned anything about acid in the video.
Speaker 1: I could have. I could have ROSSI buying this that he doesn't that in some way, it's a mystery how these people thought they were having as.
Speaker 2: It's a complete come on. This guy's a more run. He knows exactly what he's doing, and he's trying to put Yeah. No, I mean you're you're in a part of the world where people are in fear of their faces burning getting burned off with acid, right, Yeah, they're also in like stabby country, right, that's that's the part of the world with that thing.
Speaker 1: They go hand in hand, but they get rid of the swords, so that should solve its stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry to say it, but you fit the profile of those arrested for this sort of thing, So you are terrorizing people and then you're playing dumb about it. Yeah, being his channel, never again, he's an idiot and clickbit.
Speaker 12: I could have said after the attack prank, but never once I said anything like that, not in a title. I'm not in the description below or even the comments. I've never once mentioned it. My YouTube channel honestly shouldn't have been terminated. It's my It's what I make a living buyer. I spent a good three years building it, building it, building and putting, putting blood, sweating seasons it. I'm for fo to just get taken like that.
Speaker 2: It's not really like what I was going to do next before I took my channel, right, I was gonna put him an orange jump shot. I was gonna put him an orange jumpsuits, mate, And I was gonna you're gonna put a knife to the neck there, And I was gonna tell me to you know, say that you're you know you don't believe in Christ. This is a joke. I was gonna take the knife for run. Shut up, shut up. What are you gonna do next? Idiot? You know what you're doing. You're playing stupid. Oh you're not innocent, you're dumb terrorizing people.
Speaker 1: Rosser got an idea for your twitch jail. You're ready, Yeah, I will loan you one of my handguns. Okay, but with blanks. Okay, Now, you gotta be careful that you don't put it right up somebody's heads. You can still kill him because the gas is escaping, so you want to shoot him from a distance, but you're not shooting him, see, because you've got blanks. Oh they're gonna be terrified. Can you imagine?
Speaker 2: It reminds me of the old Dave Chappelle episode This Zapped, where he's got the hidden camera show and he's horrible things like Yeah, he shows up and he's like covered in blood as a doctor, and he tells the kids that their parents died in an accident or whatever, and he's like, you've been zapped. I forgot about the throw a prison man.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, all right, so uh we can we can call it the something we can't use the word gun. We have to pretend like we don't know that. People think they're getting shot. So I don't. I don't know, Like I don't even have a twisted enough mind to come up with something. So no, yeah, go get a job, bro, maybe back of house. I don't feel like you should be around people. You're not stable? All right? Seven forty four cac O Day Radio program? Do we got stagic back? Is he doing or is he doing? A four day weekend?
Speaker 12: Not?
Speaker 1: We're here? Oh look at that. Well, you were here Friday and I heard a little bird told me you're not going to be here this Friday.
Speaker 8: Yeah, little bird, That is correct, a little bird. So yeah, yeah, I figured, yeah, So I hope about that.
Speaker 1: Man, what you got going? I know, I know, I got Uh it's believe it or not.
Speaker 8: Time flies. It's my daughter's last performance, last choral performance at Clemson until she graduates.
Speaker 1: His daughter who just performed at Carnegie Hall.
Speaker 8: By the way, that one, Yes, yeah it was. It was neat you should be so yeah, yeah it was. Uh yeah, So that's it. Four years boy flies by? Doesn't it crazy? Unbelievable?
Speaker 1: You know much extra money you're about to have?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I haven't realized it yet, but I did make my last payment.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, don't you have a younger daughter too.
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 1: But you're screwed. You're screwed all over again.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 8: No, that one's going to be a little bit different, so in state, and she'll end up closer to home, so that's all good stuff, and end up probably living at home too. So and then you don't have to root for Clemson anymore. No, but I will also. Yeah, I don't just fall out of love with teams. I'm there, I'm in Oh, we do.
Speaker 1: We have a guy who's from Boston listens to this show. He's a big Patriots fan until Tom Brady went to Tampa and all of a sudden he's a Tampa fan. I hate those. Yeah, I don't follow players. Yeah, I followed the soul is. Yeah. Well, I mean that's it, says choice right.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we like making fun of them too, Okay, so we'll do that all right. Anyway. What's up, weather guy? What's going on? Weatherwise?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: It stays warm yesterday, mid even upper eighties across the region today about the same most of us, so be between about eighty two and eighty five partial sunshine. The change will start tomorrow'll probably be throughout the week a lot of clouds, some sun at times, and I'm just gonna call it like at times, some showers and even a couple of thunderstorms each afternoon through about Wednesday, so off again. Now, there'll be hours of dry weather too, so it's not a complete washout, but if you are going to be outdoors, certainly be prepared for at least some wet weather. Will be back into the low to mid eighties tomorrow, mid upper seventies by Wednesday. It's still a threat for showers for Thursday and Friday. So different week this week. I mean, we needed some rainfall. It'll be scattered around too, but don't be surprised as you go a day or two this week, especially if you're not moving out in a bout and just kind of hanging around home where you don't get rain. So it's not like this widespread, big shield of rain each day. More the scattered stuff as a pattern started to look and sound a little bit more like springtime.
Speaker 1: So uh huh, All right, well, I do appreciate it, sir. We love that kind of weather. Keep it up, yeah, doing good, all right, we'll talk to reagain here in amount an hour. Okay, weirdo sending me pictures of Hulk Hogan is today. He's not going to be the next pope. Okay, he's not even a cardinal. And by the way, just won Okay that picture of Hogan, which has clearly been photos shot. You realize that the outfit he's wearing is the the Order of Missionaries or whatever. Mother that's mother Teresa.
Speaker 2: First, First off, I didn't that's a nun. People keep a habit. People keep sending me these photos now, so, and I just shared it with you. But but at the same you say, you say he can't be because that would be Hulk Hogan is a nun.
Speaker 1: And yeah, but the nuns can't be pope.
Speaker 2: You just said previously that you weren't an expert on this, so now you are. Which one is?
Speaker 1: Okay? There are a few things I do know, right, and one of them is the nuns and nuns are not going to be pope. Okay, but who knows. Man, You know a lot of things change and evolve over the years. So maybe one day, but not now, not in this current iteration. And also, even if he's not, I feel like maybe a cardinal who which he's not dressed as a nun, probably would weird everyone else out. Not going to be pope. I'll tell you what's gonna be. The crazy story is when they do select the new pope and so district judge in Arkansas appointed by Biden in junct it. I'm assuming they can do that, right, they run everything else. Why wouldn't they think that they can go and be like, I'm sorry, we don't agree with that, we're gonna put a hold on the new pope. The absolute audacity of these people, all right, seven forty eight, hang on a couple of you email and then somebody called it like, let's put Trump in there, all right? Did you see Trump's Easter message, the one he actually tweeted out yesterday, If you haven't seen it, if I could for just a moment, it was pure Trump, right, Happy Easter to all, including the radical left lunatics who were fighting and scheming so hard to bring murders, drug lords, dangerous prisoners and mentally insane also known as MS thirteen gang members and wife beaters back into our country. And he just goes on from there. Now I want you and this is the thought that goes through my head. I want you to imagine that same writing style, but now you're the pope, except instead of other politicians you're attacking. It's I don't know, other religions or who knows, who knows? Can you imagine that? I can't. That's not a good idea, right, he's got beef with the Hindus or something, or he's a town. Oh, the grand mof to you? What even is that? Buh? Right?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no no no no no no no, no no no. Although Ross really likes the phrase grand Mufti. Now, so you don't know what a grand moft he is. By the way, that's the that's the head. Oh maybe I get this correct, so I don't kid yell at the Grand moft he is essentially the highest ranking Sunni Muslim in Jerusalem. Yeah, so that's it.
Speaker 2: I'd never heard that before, but it's a great title, and it sounds like something like doctor Strange would fight in a Marvel movie with the Grand Mufti.
Speaker 1: Well, he's also the dude who says whether you can have a fatwa or not, so he's not necessarily doing good.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he's a good guy at all. I don't know who. I'm just saying the title is awesome, like it sounds like a cool name.
Speaker 1: He's the top religious and again it's only one slice of Muslims. He's the top religious uh scholar and advisor and authority within UH within Jerusalem, but all you know, within the country there. So he does things I interpret real law and anyway.
Speaker 2: So that's that's what the So he's not a character from Animal House.
Speaker 1: Well, and the Movidi's are a thing. So he's just the top rank. He's the No, he's not a character in Animal House.
Speaker 3: Oh man.
Speaker 12: And I.
Speaker 1: Let's see here. I don't even know who the Grand moft he is right now, you know it's not just in Jerusalem. They have a Grand Mofty of Cairo and others. We learned stuff we don't know, stuff.
Speaker 2: You do, and we learned so much on the show, and I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now you're saying Graham Moofty all day. It's like we can't. Every time we play that Eddie Murphy Kill the White People song, I get angry emails because people are singing that all day, which isn't really good at work. So you shouldn't do that, but I won't subject you to that because I got other audio I want to get into, including this. So I don't know if you saw the ruling going into the weekend, but the Supreme Court of England ruled that a woman's a woman and a man's a man. And let's just say activists are not dealing well with this, not please. They had a rally. Do we got this bleeped enough so I can play it? I hope we do. Here we go, all right? So what exactly is that? Is that activist chanting? He's chanting, give us wombs and give us chesticles. I'm gonna I'll clean it up. He's using the tea word. Okay, give us wombs, give us boobies, but he says something else. Ross is advocating for a US pope and now he's advocating for hul Cogan.
Speaker 2: I am not People are sending me the photos, and I'm sure it clearly says stop sending me these, but I do find it funny.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is this?
Speaker 2: By the way, By the way, that photo of the one as a nun, that would be brother Teresa, right.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, she did there.
Speaker 1: It's very clever, but No, it wouldn't be that. What did somebody write? Explain this to me? I don't have it called up in front of me. What did somebody?
Speaker 3: What was this?
Speaker 1: What was this weird fever dream that one of our listeners imagine that he's pope and then what.
Speaker 2: And then a protesters outside the Vatican and Hogan comes out with a steel chair.
Speaker 1: Well, technically, if he was pope, he'd come out with a pope's chair, which is far more devastating. I don't know if you've ever seen this.
Speaker 2: The big solid gold thing, right, like, yeah, wow, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if it's solid gold, but it's pretty ornate.
Speaker 2: It's more chair, not that.
Speaker 1: What would his finishing move be the Pope's elbow or too close? Yes, well that would be kind of a ripoff, wouldn't it Sure would be what was what was what was Triple H's thing called trying to remember what it was? Spy spinebuster, right, so he can do the spinebuster and then he can heal it, So that'd be a whole thing anyway, all right, So that's that's what weirdos are doing on the internet. Yeah, so Pope Francis eighty eight passes away he'd been dealing with pneumonia, and because the Internet's the Internet, I opened the show with a couple observations. One over the Easter. Over Easter weekend, obviously, I saw people, a lot of people just tweeting he has risen, right, that's a very popular way to reference the death and then resurrection of Christ. And you know, these are people just minding their own business, tweeting for their forty followers. And then I saw and this is the stuff that I just don't understand, as people rolling in there and trying to community note it and the way that these scumbags were doing it, just like your community noting Jesus, Like this is how you spend your weekend, even if you're not religious. Go eat a delicious ham, right, go have fun with kids, even if you just want to do the non religious side of it. You know, all of it is beneficial, gets you a little closer to and it's it's just like the family, even if you don't want to get close to religion, like you have so much time. They're posting articles like well technically, well, actually the longest a person's been dead and then brought back to life is like an hour and forty five minutes or something. Three days is that's not possible? They who are you? And then the news breaks of the Pope dying and poor Ross is just trying to put audio in literally types the word Pope into the search engine to get some Pope audio. And what's the theory. Because our vice president went and did mass at for the Easter weekend, you know, to Ican City.
Speaker 2: It was the first thing that came up, and it was JD. Vans visited the Pope on Sunday and the AP was there the apcent day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw, I saw the coverage.
Speaker 2: And the theory immediately is that JD. Vance of course is the anti Christ and he murdered the Pope or.
Speaker 1: Just as well. I've seen I did look into this. I've seen somewhere. They don't go full anti Christ. They just claim he murdered him old school style. So you all just need to touch grass or something. You're sitting at home making up JD. Vance murdered the Pope theories and you're trying to community note God, so have fun with that. Me know how that works out for you later, not now, but later, just you know, let me know, Oh, look at this, we had a listener who literally was at London to watch this lout. Okay, all right, just real quick, and I'm gonna go right to this guy. So this is in let's see, the had it all over at Edinburgh, Scotland. They had London, they had all sorts of stuff, and it was all based on the ruling of the Supreme Court there in England. Who's like, no, men and women are different, and you're born one or the other, and yes, I guess you can. You still recognize the They always bring up the Kleinfelder thing, which is does not affect most people who claim to be trans and for legal purposes, we're going to stop stuffing men in women's prisons and destroying women's sports. And the activists just they couldn't deal. And the problem is when you've spent so long normalizing this that all of a sudden it's taken away from them, you have only yourself to blame, because in a lot of cases you're not dealing with people who are not suffering from mental illness. And when you're screaming give us wombs and give us boobs, I find whatever. But you sound like a lunatic. Although I did admit that on more than one occasion when I was like college age, my boys, you let's go see some right, because you know you're college kid. But I didn't want them on me. Okay, So it's different. It's like it's like you didn't word something properly to a genie. Okay, you gotta be very careful here. This is clearly what they want. Dude, I would so be that genie. Can you imagine you spent hundreds thousands of years doing nothing but catering to other whiny people's needs, I'd be. I'd be such a grammar Nazi in that moment.
Speaker 2: Want tobby, I want boob? Sorry, and they got them.
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm a decop. What happened? No, let's not what I meant. Yeah, and can you imagine incorporating like popular slang and stuff too, Like you know how they call it car my whip the car. Be very careful with that or not ask the genie for that. They'd be very specific on make model a year, just saying all right, So let's get a spy report from across the pond. Uh, what's up? David? Hello?
Speaker 7: Hey, how you doing.
Speaker 1: I'm good, sir. So you were over in the UK. What were you doing over there?
Speaker 7: My wife is English. He's an American citizen now, but we were up in Manchester and decided to stay in London one day because I've never seen London, and that place was packed. There's people all over. I don't know how they got that many people in one area, but it was right between Big Ben and Westminster Abbey at the there's a park right across from there that has Winston Churchill statue, and the pretty much took over all that area, and unfortunately, my wife and I had to walk with him for a few, like a few blocks because we were trying to get over to Buckingham Pass. And we're hoping we weren't on TV that we were supporting that well.
Speaker 13: I was.
Speaker 1: I'm sure obviously the guy who's on stage streaming looks like a lunatic. I'm sure everyone else was perfectly normal, right and nice, far from it.
Speaker 7: And they were using the f wort a lot. They were screaming that a lot on some of their chants.
Speaker 1: You know, here's here's the one thing I like about the British language. I'm a little jealous because they use swear words very effectively, like THEE. They used the C word over there all the time. It's really kind of jarring. Not not most people, but if you go into a pub or whatever, it's just a term of affection. So I am here for that. But yeah, yeah, it's uh, that sounds like no fun. Did you enjoy London otherwise or did you get stabbed?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: I did?
Speaker 7: It was great. My wife would have been that's their third time.
Speaker 5: Excuse me, you did.
Speaker 1: I asked if you got stab sir, and you said yes.
Speaker 7: Oh no, no, no, no, not at all. But we were eating lunch at the Red Line. It's just off a big bed. The man there was just a parade of people coming through there, so I would kind of say my same thing. I said, men with whatever are not chicks. So I would I would shout back.
Speaker 1: To him, Okay, well at least you're I'm not going to say the word. Yeah no, no, no, no, I understand sir. Yeah, all right, Well thanks for this spy report there, because frankly, yeah, that's probably not going to be a one day occurrence. And frankly, if I were in the UK, I'd be worried, man, because again, you're crushing somebody's identity that has been propped up for I don't know what twenty years or something fifteen years, and especially if somebody's younger, they're not going to react well to that. And by the way, that's I don't see the blame just on them, although I do if they do something I would I see that on society who wanted to move in this direction against all knowledge of everything we have and we know, to justify it, and also to try to create another swath of voter base that they feel that they can then take for granted. That's what you're dealing with here, and frankly, this would be an opportune time for people in the political realm to to try to find those within those groups who may feel now disenfranchised to I don't want to say prosthetize, but to profess why just maybe you can still be whoever you want to be. You just can't force speech on people, and that you should embrace the fact that, you know, being an individual and having your own autonomy and not having government tell you everything is probably a pretty good thing, unless, of course, you run into Nancy Mace, who I again, I don't understand this woman. Sometimes I am perfectly sympathetic to what she talks about her ex husband looks like an absolute lunatic. But I feel like Nancy Mace is a little she's got a little victim mentality and it's not positive. So I don't know if you saw this. So she's she's in a beauty. She's at a make I think it's an alta or is an alta? Is that the makeup place? I'm not up on my makeup story. It's a nice one though, right, it's a nice one alta beauty. It's the one in the mall that looks it looks like everything's third that one and then up from there. So anyway, so she's in there and a guy comes up to her and asks her when she's going to hold another town hall. He does not ask it disrespectfully. Now you can think his motivation is I want you to hold another one so me and my boys can come scream at you in an organized manner as part of a democrat strategy that unfolded with all these You can think that. But if he just asks you about whether you're going to hold one, tell him no, we're not, or yes we are, or we're thinking about it. And then if he acts like a jerk from there. Give it to him with both barrels. I have no problem with that, but I didn't pick up on that, and I just the direction she went here is not helpful, and I think it'll quickly become evident. Why, okay, all right, here we go. I do an every year.
Speaker 10: You want to keep going? Do you want to keep going?
Speaker 14: If you were asking me, you could have gone to a dozen towns halls last year?
Speaker 1: Was one simple question, Yeah, are you doing this?
Speaker 4: I've already done one.
Speaker 10: I'll do plenty more. You're always invited in. Okay, And by the way, I voted.
Speaker 4: For gay marriage twice.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying it.
Speaker 6: Has everything to do with you think everything about me has to.
Speaker 1: Do I do absolutely with me.
Speaker 6: Absolutely.
Speaker 14: If you want to get in my face about town halls, you should have shown one last year.
Speaker 1: You can talk about me, just say oh, I support yeah, Because you're.
Speaker 4: Getting in my face about a town hall.
Speaker 1: You could have gone last year. Would you like me if you have and he plans to have four year?
Speaker 4: I have towns every year.
Speaker 10: I have over a dozen every year.
Speaker 1: That was my entire question. You didn't have to You should not hand let me just bus she's not handling this well. And I've seen a couple I've seen some comments are like, well, why would she assume he's gay? Let me just say this, and and and again. I have no problem with this question. The dudes wearing booty shorts and an all to buy makeup for himself. There's some she's picking up maybe on that I don't know, but clearly he said you know, he says, yes, I'm gay, but it's not gay marriage is not my only issue. And again I don't know this guy's politics, but I just don't. I just don't understand why you react like that. Okay, it doesn't make much sense to me. Now, maybe and here's what I will hold out. Perhaps there's a history that's not in it, that's not part of this story. Like she's seen him at stuff. He's an activist, he knows what's she knows what's up. I don't know any of that. But as far as I can tell, all he asked her was that question, and she got set off.
Speaker 2: Man and who not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I probably the guy does want to come and harass you. A couple of other things he says makes it clear he's probably not a fan of her politics or maybe he just wants to challenge you. There's a difference. There's screaming so nobody else can talk, and then there's asking questions that you may not like the answer to. So anyway, all right, let's let's continue this in sanity.
Speaker 10: Have come to any of them last year, and I had a well dozen.
Speaker 6: Where were you the year before that or the year before that?
Speaker 1: Because you know what, because you people on the left are crazy.
Speaker 6: You're absolutely.
Speaker 1: Right, and get out of my get out of my face, goodbye.
Speaker 10: To I'm not I won by so much.
Speaker 7: That's what you are.
Speaker 1: You're a disgrace. I asked you a simple question.
Speaker 2: And if you just go on his TI rate and tell me, yeah, discussed.
Speaker 10: Out of my face, Get out of my face.
Speaker 1: What's your name? What's your name? What's your name?
Speaker 5: Ye? Absolutely my face?
Speaker 1: Now you okay? All right, so you know, good consis and again people shave email. You don't know what happened with the camera went on? She He says he just asked the question. She does she never pushes back on that. She's clearly triggered by the question. And if if she and I have seen her statement after this, I have seen repostings of the videos by people that are within you know, within her orbit. Nobody's intimated that he asked any other question than that. And I'm just point I'm just pointing out, did she get a read on him that he's probably not one of her voters? Yes? Is does he make that clear while he's screaming at or not screaming at her, but when he gets more heated there, absolutely, but it's not helpful. And and the whole part where you're just like I voted for the one thing that I assume is your only thing that's equally not you know why, because that aids your opposition, really boiling everyone down to a single issue thing. That whole thing is just it's not a good look.
Speaker 12: And I know some of it is.
Speaker 1: Every time I criticize Marjorie Taylor Green or Nancy Mace or anybody, you guys get mad at me, I don't care. Tell me that's help. And again, if he comes up to her and he's just like, you know, f you b where you're horrible, then I will I will sit here with popcorn and watch her go off with them for three minutes. I'm cool. But if you're an elected official and somebody asks you a question and they're willing to listen to the answer. And even if you think there's an ulterior motive and you start going off on him, I.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong. Trump is course, man, Trump is course, but he'll sit there and and he'll have a conversation with anybody. You just had the whole Bill Martin going on there like dude's got no problem with that. Then if it doesn't go well towards you after, but come on, full thing, man, whole thing, not bross. I'm gonna take everyone's groc away if you keep if I know you're not making you're not making these right, No, I'm not okay.
Speaker 2: You can see where people are sending them to me on X A a com I'm sorry, that is a very.
Speaker 1: Good on X right now is busy watching Nancy may scream with this dude in short shorts. Anyway, she knew who he was, he created well, then they gave no indication of that. And again I understand that might be a theory, but I've not seen it written. We'll be back phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four so you get on the show today. Who could have seen this coming Canadian indie rock band, The New Pornographers. You guys familiar with this band. They've been around since the nineties. I'm actually familiar with them, though I can't say as I could name any of their songs. And like I said, they're Canadians, so they chart well up there, I think. In the US though, they chart in the top fifty, but never never single digits, so you know, they're definitely you gotta be a fan kind of stuff. But they've been around for a very long time. Unfortunately, they're going to have to replace their drummer. Yes, that's right, Joseph says. Siders pronounce that who is He's not the original drummer, but he is the most recent for quite some time. Was arrested by Riverside County. So this is in Los Angeles or excuse me, I'm sorry, this is out actually in Palm de Desert. There's Riversides all the way over there. So he's at a Chick fil A and according to authorities, somebody reported a suspicious activity at the Chick fil A restaurant. Officers then showed up took a statement from an eleven year old boy who told them that an unknown male adult had recorded him on his cell phone while he was using the bathroom. So you know, top level child predator accusations there. And then they actually have video because Chick fil A has cameras, and you see the man entering and exiting the restroom a company by juvenile mails and then they looked allegedly and they looked onto his devices and there you go. So they oh, and they searched his house and his vehicle and all that. They found evidence of previous video voyeurism in bathrooms, according to the charging documents, as well as a healthy collection of child pornography. So the band immediately parted ways with him, and so he gets to he gets to hang out as an accused showmo at one of the California lock up facilities.
Speaker 5: But like.
Speaker 1: I mean, the band's name is The New Pornographers, So there's that. And in case you're wondering how they got that, it's an homage to there's a Japanese film called The Pornographers, and obviously they were riffing off that when they came up with it. So but that's you know, gotta be careful what your band name is, because if it ever comes to pass, you're gonna be Now you're gonna get more media coverage, including from people have never heard of your arras. You never heard of this band? Right?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Never? Never? Yeah, I remember, you know what this band was. There's gonna insult some of you. This band was one of those where your buddy was a fan and then they would always try to play something for you and you're like, h yeah, I remember. This was late nineties when they came on the scene. So we you know, we're we're full on grunge. We're making that transition like it's a busy uh, vying for my attention is very busy.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I was eating before. Did they have anything like any song I would know or did they have like a top forty hit or anything.
Speaker 1: I think they charted top forty once in fact that I was actually tried to look this up here in the US. All right, hold on, let me their studio albums did okay, but never single digits in the US. Let's see here, let me come the US Triple a's all right, this is actually I shouldn't say that. I actually had they had a top five high ticket attraction would be their their biggest and then that's there's a couple others their top twenty, so they on they had one in the top ten high ticket attractions, and that's I don't know. I honestly, I couldn't even tell you how it goes. So no, they did do They did a Fleetwood Mac tribute album that actually did pretty well. I remember hearing something from that, but it's like, for me, it wasn't this one. Like, let me give you an example. What's the band I'm thinking of? Firehouse? Do you guys like Firehouse? Don't know who Firehouse is? They're Canadian too, I think they like I would see friends of mine who had a Firehouse CD and I could never understand because there was no song on there where I'm like, oh this is good. Yeah, so they're kind of they're kind of that middling there. But also it's not good if your drummers out messing with kids allegedly, so that's probably not going to go well again. Your band name should never come to fruition in a criminal manner because now you're going to get the extra pub over it. So also, you know, if you got a more heinous name, chances are it'll be a more heinous thing. There's ever a zombie outbreak and little white zombie action there. So then it turns into a whole thing. Speaking to turn it into a whole thing, I had to watch this to fully appreciate just the sheer stupidity of Van Holland's trip down to El Salvador. So they set him up in a you know, they set him up there in a essentially a hotel restaurant. They carted him on over, and there's these drinks in front of them that appear to have a salt or a sugar rim and the eagle eyed alcoholics among the media intelligentsiare like, that looks like a margarita, albeit a white margarita, whereas I want something a little more REPISATOI but that's just me, and I don't know. Some people thought that was weird. Why are you sitting there with the guy who's literally in arcerated right now having a drink with him as MS thirteen, what are you doing? And I don't know if you guys saw the pictures of this dude's knuckles and watching people contort themselves to pretend that that is not literally an MS thirteen tattoo like symbolism within tattoos is a real thing. People look it up because they're trying to play Oh, just because he had tattooed. No, he has MS thirteen, albeit in photos coated on his knuckles, and I'm sorry. You just don't do that unless you're on the team, not if you're smart. The fact that he wasn't murdered immediately in a room full of MS thirteen members with that tattoo probably tells you something. And just watching the stupid debate over this, but you gotta ask yourself, how is this idiot senator sitting down there and not realizing but not realizing that, like you're sitting there with at the very least, somebody who likely abuses his wife a lot, a lot, a lot, not to mention the other stuff. And we could play games. Well, he should have been imported at El Salvador because the gang ruling, which of course I reminded you, why would you fear another gang if you're not in one? But that has come to pass, and it is the administration's position that that order is not That doesn't hold water anymore because El Salvador is not the most dangerous murder capital of the world. It's largely one of the least amounts of murders. So the thing that was stopping you from doing the thing doesn't exist anymore. But how do you come to terms with it? Well, he figured out a way, and it just shows you how disingenuous.
Speaker 2: This all is.
Speaker 14: Now, President Trump says that some of Abrego Garcia's tattoos signify that he's a member of MS thirteen. In twenty nineteen, police allege a confidential informant claimed that Abrego Garcia was an active MS thirteen member.
Speaker 10: His wife and his attorney deny that.
Speaker 14: Of course, can you say with absolute certainty that he is not, nor has he ever been a member of the MS thirteen gang?
Speaker 10: And did you ask him point blank?
Speaker 13: Well, Dana, what Donald Trump is trying to do here is change the subject the subject.
Speaker 1: It's so wild that his opening volley was. What Donald Trump's trying to do here is change the subject as he changes the subject.
Speaker 13: And is that he and his administration are define a court order to give people to give a Brego Garcia his due process rights.
Speaker 1: And I want to point out too that this is how let me explain to you the fact that we're going to sit here and pretend that you don't. There's due process, and then there's the long form due process, and when you apply for asylum, it's a short form thing, right you do. Process can be that hearing and then all if you go. But the idea that you're going to have and these activist groups are going to drag out years of due process on everybody in the country illegally when it's been flooded with millions and millions, is the is the ultimate spit in the eye and they're going to need to figure something out. And that's it. It shows you how diabolical the plan was in the first place to let everyone in. Oh, well, now you've got to spend years on each person. Well good, we'll be here for a millennium, all right, Van Holland, answer the damn question. Did you even ask the guy if he's in MS thirteen or look at his hand which his wife strategically covers in photos she's using the fundraise with heart emojis. I don't know if it Rossnie, you see that, or she's posting photos here's my love and husband and then she puts emojis over his hand, whether it's are wrapped around her, you know, like I hugging your wife from behind thing.
Speaker 4: I have it.
Speaker 2: But women do love the emoji.
Speaker 1: So they do. But strategically right over the hand that has MS thirteen thing on the knuckles.
Speaker 2: Oh is that weird?
Speaker 12: Is that?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That's a little weird. Those people like put them above their heads. They oh, were so in love. Not on the hand in the middle of the photo. That's strange.
Speaker 13: They're trying to litigate on social media what they should be doing in the courts. They need to put up or shut up in the courts.
Speaker 10: Let me tell you.
Speaker 13: I decided to write this down so I could be absolutely accurate as to what Federal District Courts Judge Zennis said about these allegations by the Trump administration. Quote, no evidence linking of Brago Garcia to MS thirteen or any terrorist activity.
Speaker 1: Witness statement confidential informant to other judges, rulings, and physical tattoos that are MS thirteen known gang symbols, but no EVI.
Speaker 13: Has been presented to the court. That's where to litigate this. That's It's been litigated in many other places. So I'm not going to get into the details.
Speaker 1: He means the whole purpose of our court.
Speaker 13: System is for them to adjudicate these things, not for Donald Trump to go off on social media.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're right, they have not. There hasn't been a court hearing for them.
Speaker 9: To put forward.
Speaker 2: There has.
Speaker 1: There's literally been asylum hearing on this already. There has, and then there was a secondary one. There has just not in front of this judge. So they're lying to.
Speaker 10: Port evidence in the first place, which is your whole point.
Speaker 14: But since you were the one person to have met with him, and since this is a thing you say on social media, it's what we hear.
Speaker 10: From Donald Trump and Republicans every day all day long, you didn't ask him.
Speaker 13: I didn't ask him that because I know what his answer is. What he told me was he was sad and traumatized that he was being in prison because he has committed no crimes.
Speaker 1: So you didn't ask. You didn't ask if literally the thing that we all are. You didn't absolutely you know why, because you don't want the answer. Yeah, he probably would get a lie. But I'm sorry, somebody who's accused of human trafficking and is likely in one of the most violent gangs is traumatized because he got caught.
Speaker 2: It's so dumb. He says he didn't ask him because it would make him sad. Yeah, he would give him the sads, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, Charlie, why did you have your people murder those people? How dare you? Oh dear, I'm so sad. I'm gonna go draw another SWASTI co on my forehead. All right? Oh crap, look at the clock, all right, race stage and twins, no gang tattoos, real quick?
Speaker 5: What you get?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks good today. Yeah, lo to mid eighties today.
Speaker 8: Some partial sun kind of a mix right now, but all looks like from the satellite picture of the clouds are winning this one.
Speaker 2: Mild night.
Speaker 1: Tonight will stay dried.
Speaker 8: Then Tuesday Wednesday will start throwing around some showers, stutter showers widely scattered around, so you know it goes. You hear it's gonna rain. Everybody's like, and you don't get rain. You say, well, he said it's gonna rain. Now it's not gonna be for everybody. Sunshine and partly sunny sky in between both days. Load to mid eighties Tuesday, we will drop back to the mid uppers seventies on Wednesday, and again we'll just scatter the wet weather around. Probably through the rest of the week too, So I don't see this big organized system, Casey of all day rain just kind of hit miss, kind of sounds like the season right springtime, hit miss, storms scattered, some days, a little more, some days a little less.
Speaker 2: Well morning, Casey.
Speaker 15: The Sell America trade gathering steam on Wall Street may be setting the stage for a rough start to the new week.
Speaker 1: In addition to.
Speaker 15: Tariffs, investors very worried now about reports President Trump has not given up on the possibility of trying to oust Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell. We have the futures lower right across the board now, futures down three hundred and thirty five points. And lawyers for Google face off today against the Justice Department and a Washington courtroom. The government is accusing Google of turning its popular search engine into a monopoly. It's seeking to force the company to sell its Chrome browser and take other steps to increase competition. The chief executive of Volkswagen toying with an idea that could help the company avoid some of President Trump's tariffs. He told a German news agency that VW may build some Audi cars in the US. Talks all ready underway with Washington, DHL hit pause on shipments of parcels worth more than eight hundred dollars to individuals here in the US. The Global Shipping Company issued a statement saying parcels worth as little as eight hundred dollars now require formal entry processing by US customs that's resulting in multi day transit delays. The prior threshold for processing was twenty five hundred dollars. Boeing now feeling the impact of the trade war. Some seven thirty seven jets have been refused by the Chinese airlines that ordered the planes. Boeing has started flying the aircraft back to the US. This may be the summer of staycations for a lot of people. Unlike other post pandemic summers, fewer than half of all Americans say they're planning to travel this year. Bankrate reports just forty six percent of adults expect to be taking a trip. Many travelers will be taking on debt to pay for their travels. Among those who won't be spending their vacations away from home, many say they just can't afford the cost of a getaway, and casey vampires ruled the movie theater box offices over the weekend, the horror Flick Centers opened in first place. It's a Warner Brothers film. It took in and estimated forty five million dollars.
Speaker 1: Casey, they're not all glittery again, are they not? That I know of?
Speaker 15: I haven't haven't seen it, haven't even seen a preview.
Speaker 1: All right, you didn't get into the Twilight stuff? Huh? Not for you did not? Okay, all right, thanks, Jeff, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a good day.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 1: I'm cool with vampires. I just don't need any glittery ones. That resting beface what's her name has to choose between or whatever. Anyway, what's going on? MSNBC? Can we do a welfare check over there? It said they're not they're having some issues. This is this a little something they aired over the weekend. Tell me what you think this likelihood is.
Speaker 10: I've been talking about this all week.
Speaker 16: But Janay Nelson of the NAACP Legal Defense Fun she to op ed in the Nation this week, and her op ed talked about that we think the democracies are the way they die is dramatically through these wars and blood is shed and it's it's it's cinematic in a sense, but really the realistic way in which democracies die is that it's dismantled, brick by brick, piece by piece.
Speaker 1: Right by you. This is Simone Sanders, by the way, former Bernie Bernie advisor, Hillary Advisory. So this is one of the lunatics doing the dismantle and.
Speaker 16: She says that what we are seeing now with the lawlessness from this administration are really the canaries and the coal mine.
Speaker 10: Gasping for air.
Speaker 16: I'm paraphrasing here, but to me, that is why Kilmar Albergo Garcia's specific case, the case of the gentleman who's a makeup artist out of California who was also sent to that prison. That is why the more the seventy five percent of the folks who have been sent the men who have been sent there that don't have criminal records, that is why this is so important. Because if they could do it to them, if they could snatch students off the street without.
Speaker 1: Any push to the stupid, they will do it to.
Speaker 10: Any of us.
Speaker 16: It's to be very clear, it's gonna be the people of color and vulnerable communities.
Speaker 1: That are our next day. Shut up, all right, So they're gonna start deporting black people. Is that they are who have been Our American citizens were born here, their families have been born What are you? When is that happening?
Speaker 9: Ross?
Speaker 1: What day is that?
Speaker 4: Do we know