Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI Am six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: A lot of stuff happening today, A lot of stuff for a Sunday. I mean, normally, you know, Sunday's we kind of get the scraps of the news from the week. But we have a lot of stuff happening today. We have an update on the bombing in Palm Springs. I'll give you the I'll give you that here in just a minute. Coming up at about an hour, we're going to talk with a prostate cancer expert because all of a sudden, forty six President forty six Biden forty six, please forty six sounds like his number has been called and he's got the prostate cancer. We'll find out just what his prognosis might be based on the limited information that we have.
Speaker 3: So that is coming up.
Speaker 2: And why is the Mexican Navy driving ships into the Brooklyn Bridge?
Speaker 3: Just bizarre stuff happening, Kayla.
Speaker 2: As always, we try to open up the talk back line. If you're listening on kfi's oh spot on the iHeart a thank you very much. Yeah, I talk good for a living. So if you're listening on the app, then the question today would you watch a reality show of undocumented immigrants vying for citizenship, because that is what the DHS is considering.
Speaker 3: At least it's been pitched. We are waiting for.
Speaker 2: Their response, so we'll talk about that come out up here in the five o'clock hour as well. Would you watch a reality show of undocumented immigrants who are vying for citizenship? Curious is And we're doing a little a quick survey right just to find out is there an audience for this program? Who knew there would be an audience for Golden Bachelor and lo and behold, we're two seasons into it, so maybe there's an audience for this as well. They're saying it's not the Hunger Games. Kind of feels like squid Games, but they're saying it's not the Hunger Games.
Speaker 3: It's not it.
Speaker 2: Really awful news as we got the act of terrorism according to the FBI. The intention active terrorism in Palm Springs. Bad situation is somebody is dead, but it sounds like it might be the guy that sent off the bomb. That is the latest that we get from the FBI. They had their press conference this morning, and of course you've been hearing updates all day long here on on KFI. Here's here's what they were saying. It's from ABC seven.
Speaker 4: A press conference live press conference in Palm Springs by several authorities, including the FBI and the Palm Springs Police Department about that fertility clinic bombing. The biggest news that we got out of this, I mean is, by the way.
Speaker 2: This was a fertility clinic. When I first saw the news break, I thought, Oh, somebody bombed, like a planned parenthood.
Speaker 3: But that's not the case.
Speaker 2: It's a fertility clinic, not a So because I saw the headlines, I don't know, maybe you saw the same thing. The headline said a reproductive center or whatever the however they phrased it made me think, Okay, this is this is an anti abortion crackpot that's going after some clinic.
Speaker 3: But that doesn't seem to be the case, right that.
Speaker 4: The suspect that they believe is the person of interests Guy Edward barkis a twenty five year old from twenty nine Palms. They believe at this current time, based off of the evidence that they have seen, he is the person of interest and the person that died in this and it was found his body was found next to the vehicle that was used as an explosive device.
Speaker 2: Ye, I'm looking at the photographs. They are aerial photos that are on the different news sites. And the building sustained. Uh, I sound like a cop The building has sustained a great deal of damage. Now, it blew the crap out of this building. But the car that was used and I don't know what they use for the explosion, but I mean, you can't even tell it's a car except you can see a wheel from an axle.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: When they say they found a body next to the car, I don't know how much of that body they found.
Speaker 3: I don't mean to be too morbid, but it.
Speaker 5: Ain't pretty that they're using the word fairly, words fairly, contradicting that this is the identity of the suspect and the person who was found who deceased there at the scene the other.
Speaker 2: Okay, she said deceased, I would say in pieces all over the scene.
Speaker 5: The other big part of this news conference that we're taking away is that all of the embryos in this reproductive facility were saved. So that is the good news for a lot of the people who are trying to create those families through this center.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so weird that they would that they would attack the the IVF center, And I.
Speaker 3: Know they're going to say this is an act of terrorism.
Speaker 2: The guy was ranting online about it, But I mean, who's mad. I don't know, there's weird people out there, but who's mad that somebody's trying to start a family, Like, Oh, how dare you?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's gotta be off your rocker.
Speaker 4: And the four people that were injured, the other people that were injured in this, who were possibly nearby, they were hospitalized, but then we've learned they are out of the hospital. They've been released, So that is good news that the embryos have all been saved and that the other people, maybe the bystanders in this. But they were saying the evidence goes hundreds of feet in each direction around the explosion with the vehicle, and the.
Speaker 2: Vehicle was Yeah, that's kind of what I was saying, Like this thing, I mean, it was not it was a it was not a pop and go, It was a it was an explosion.
Speaker 3: So I don't know how much of this guy's body.
Speaker 4: They found a twenty twenty silver Ford Fusion Sedan and he said it went hundreds of feet into the air, and they're calling it now like the biggest explosion or bomb in Southern California history.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And we're also learning a little bit more about the suspect. What the FBI knows about the suspect's background. They say that he had nihilistic ideations.
Speaker 2: Say what you will about never mind, there's a big Lebousi quote. At least they believe in something nihilists.
Speaker 5: Man, they're calling this an intentional act of terrorism. The FBI also is tracking a possible manifestesto that suspect was also trying to live stream the attack as it was happening. No confirmation on if he was successful or not in doing so.
Speaker 2: Man, twenty twenty five, if you're going to do something horrible, you have to live stream it and you have to have a manifesto. I mean, those are the basic requirements, right I'm an extremist, I am gonna I'm gonna do a tremendous amount of damage. Got a live stream, it gotta have a manifesto.
Speaker 5: But this is the first time that this person has been on the FBI's radar, not to not to say that he has not had a criminal.
Speaker 2: History before and they've received so has he had a criminal history before first time on our radar, but maybe he was had criminal We don't know. Come on, come on, FBI, give us a little more.
Speaker 4: And they've received hundreds of tips, they said, from people throughout the community about this and they continue to investigate. There are still gaps in the investigation where he went before the explosion, So they're hoping that they can piece together all the information that they're receiving from people. They said to contact the FBI tip Long tip line, that's FBI dot gov Palm Springs vehicle explosion, and that is something that can help them as they try to piece this all together. Maybe that manifesto will release more information on this.
Speaker 5: And again the federal and local officials are confirming that there is no threat to the public at this point in time and they are not looking for any other suspects right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't get those lone wolves, man.
Speaker 2: They don't show up on the radar, loose lips, sink ships, but lone wolves. They're the most dangerous thing in America. I'm telling you. They are bad situation, all right. If you're on the iHeartRadio app and you're listening to KFI and the iHeart Radio app. Our question, just hit that talkback button and answer this one. Would you watch a reality show of undocumented immigrants or vying for citizenship? DHS is considering that proposal, which a producer has pitched to them. We have not gotten a response yet. I'm just curious as to whether or not you would watch. Oh, and to be honest, I would probably not for the reason you think, and we'll get more into that in the next hour as well, but probably not for why you think I would.
Speaker 3: But I would. I would watch it.
Speaker 2: Just curious as to whether or you would, so hit that talkback got to hear it. We saw some cutbacks. Doge wiped out a bunch of different departments. Cut twenty percent here, thirty percent there, ten percent here, fired them all, hired them all, back, fired him again, hired them back, getting ready to fire him some more. But it could be a real disaster pun intended for your your home. You're gonna find out why that is next. I'm Chris MERRILKFI AM six forty. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: All right, so our question, as I mentioned, would you watch a reality show of undocumented immigrants vying for citizenship?
Speaker 3: From the talkbacks?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Chris, I just tuned in here. Yeah, me too, sitting back having a cool one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, me too, trying to relax.
Speaker 7: And I hear this question. Would I watch a reality show on undocumented aliens trying to get legal residents only if it was modeled after the Hunger Games?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Because I think if they're vying to get citizens the price has gotta be high.
Speaker 2: That's all I'm saying, Chris, all right, all right, I would watch it, but not for that reason. Doesn't it sound when you say I wanted to be modeled after the Hunger Games? This is a little blood thirsty, doesn't it.
Speaker 8: The fight told the death to be a part of this country?
Speaker 3: Well, which makes me think, is it more like Squid Games?
Speaker 8: Didn't they fight to the death in the Hunger Games?
Speaker 9: Soon?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They did? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, except listen, I only watched like the first one, but didn't didn't they kind of tie at the end and they decided to have co winners or something?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I think so.
Speaker 3: I think Jennifer Lawrence screwed the whole thing up.
Speaker 11: Man, blame her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she did it. She did that, But well we have.
Speaker 2: Had no end they Oh they're still going, aren't they?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I guess their fight till the death was a little different. It was like play this game, if you lose, you die type thing where Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's why some people are saying, Oh, that's what's gonna happen here.
Speaker 3: No it's not, it's not.
Speaker 2: We'll talk more about that coming up here at five o'clock and then we'll get an expert in to talk about Biden's cancer if he missed that. Breaking news today, Biden's got prostate cancer. So remember there is a certain irony to it because if you'll recall he was tasked with trying to fix cancer. You remember that during the first administration that was just kind of his vice presidential goal was to work on work on finding a cure for cancer. And that his son obviously passed away from from brain cancer too. So there is there is a I'm gonna call it a dark irony, not like an uplifting Oh that's quirky irony, but very dark.
Speaker 3: Doge has made.
Speaker 2: Some cuts and those mean that no longer are we going to have twenty four to seven warnings across all of California.
Speaker 3: We've made some cuts.
Speaker 2: According to San Francisco Chronicle, two National Weather Service offices no longer operating twenty four hours a day. Seven million Californians are going to be affected in the Central Valley, which is also the only place that we have any construction done on the bullet train. The move coming amid a broader up people of Weather Service operations touched off by federal budget cuts. So Sacramento and Hanford. It's King's County offices providing forecasts from running to Bakersfield, including Yosemite, King Sequoia, all that kind of stuff. Officials said previously that the two weather services were enduring critical excuse me, critically reduced it reduced staffing after earlier career meteorologists were fired in February. The dog Is also offered some retirements as well, and let me see early retirement offers were the among those likely to take early retirement take the early retirement offer where the Warning Coordination meteorologists in Los Angeles and in San Diego. San Diego's Warning Coordination meteorologists retired on May third after thirty two years a National Weather Service and said that he had concerns about the recent changes in the agency. All right, so that's happening there, but it's not just in California. We're seeing cuts all over.
Speaker 12: Now.
Speaker 3: I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 2: You're thinking, Okay, Central California, do they need twenty four to seven meteorologists. I don't live there, but I would feel more comfortable if I thought somebody was keeping an eye on the radar while I was sleeping. But again, maybe the thinking is, anybody can watch the radar, we don't have to worry about that. What if you're in one of those places that has more activity, like Tornado Alley? Would you be cool if they started making cuts and you lived in Tornado Alley? Because they did, and it's already showing some effects. That's from NBC News right.
Speaker 11: At dinner time on April seventeenth, we.
Speaker 13: Have a tornado warning issue for Potawatamee County.
Speaker 11: Supercell storms started producing tornadoes across eastern Nebraska last night. Our Omaha affiliate reporting homes and cars badly damaged, windows, blown out, roofs ripped off. One family caught off guard.
Speaker 2: We didn't think anything of it, and then my wife started screaming at me. So I tell that to the base when there's about twenty seconds after he got down there that they ripped through.
Speaker 11: Luckily everyone survived, but with only seconds to spare, is it possible they could have gotten an earlier warning. What we do know from an official bulletin is that the Omaha National Weather Service Office didn't have enough staff to launch regular weather balloons that day, only one instead of two, which meant their data was hours old and only showed the thread of hail, not tornadoes. And that's impossible to forecast when and where.
Speaker 12: Not having that data could have saved a life or created a warning that had greater lean time. But if you do it over and over and over again, I can promise you that not having that data is going to be a problem when it comes to forecasting.
Speaker 11: And it's all because of a political tornado Doge federal employee earlier this year, leading to that quote lack of office staffing, And now, in a rear move, every living former director of the National Weather Service dating back to President Reagan is warning that President Trump's proposal to cut NOAH funding by nearly thirty percent will lead to a quote needless loss of life. We reached out to the White House, and a Commerce spokesperson said, in part, NOAH does not anticipate any disruptions and services as a result of staff reorganizations, and NWS will continue to meet its mission of ensuring public safety amid critical weather events.
Speaker 2: Now that's different because in the past, if you reached out and asked about DOGE, you didn't You didn't get a statement of response. You got a poop emoji. That's true. I know it sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but that's the truth. You got a poop emoji. That was your only response.
Speaker 11: But a former NWS director disagrees.
Speaker 8: We are generating kind of a Swiss Cheese weather service.
Speaker 11: We have holes throughout the Weather Service now that are not.
Speaker 3: Well thought out.
Speaker 11: Republican Congressman Mike Flood represents the area hit by those six tornadoes on April seventeenth with a short staffed weather office, and so he called the White House to get more meteorologists to Omaha.
Speaker 3: Did he get a poop emoji?
Speaker 14: Decades the National Weather Service personnel have not been classified as public safety. They are clearly public safety, and that's something that we need to do in Congress.
Speaker 2: Right, So Congress needs to step in. According to Congressman, the lawmakers, the lawbreakers, the times that there ought to be a law, and more of your feedback on the talkback line. Would you watch it if there were a reality show of undocumented immigrants vying for citizenship? DHS is looking at that proposal right now, curious about your response to it. That is next, Chris Meryl caf I am six forty. We live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app. You're listening to KFI AM sixty on demand. Hey, good to be with you, Chris merrilf I AM six forty more stimulating talk on demand anytime in the iHeartRadio app. Our question, would you watch it if there were a reality show of undocumented immigrants vying for citizenship? So a producer has pitched the idea to the Department of Homeland Security. We have not yet heard their response, but I'm curious about whether or not you would even watch it. I'll give you my answer coming up here after five o'clock, but I want to know what you think right now.
Speaker 15: It's a great question.
Speaker 1: Chris is who'll steal again?
Speaker 3: First question? Oh yeah, Raul's not in today.
Speaker 2: We got foosh, foosh, it's putting in the extra time, buddy.
Speaker 3: All right, So all right, what would Raoul's THEO say?
Speaker 7: First question is whereos do I sign up?
Speaker 16: Ay?
Speaker 15: And is it full contact?
Speaker 3: Okay? You cheat, bite all that other stuff.
Speaker 17: Dumb down.
Speaker 3: I love that he's only down if he can cheat, that's outstanding. Otherwise like, nah, I'll take it's not worth my time, not worth it.
Speaker 2: No, all right, no biting help me out. Let's go back to the shadows. Biting will bring me out. All right, About the next one.
Speaker 14: They already had a competition like that. There was a show called Culture Clash, and inside there there was a sketch called American Border Gladiators. Make American Border Gladiators great again.
Speaker 2: We've gotten to the point where sketch comedy has become reality for the most part. Really we have, I mean there was no there was. I had a bit. I'm waiting for it to come to fruition. I had a bit years ago when I was in San Diego. Uh, we had homeless people that were, you know, stabbing each other on the street. And it got the nickname stabb Diego for that reason. And and then we came up with like this bit where we were talking about it was homeless combat.
Speaker 3: We played the Mortal Combat theme and then we had.
Speaker 2: Our voice guy go homeless combat, you know, and he was and it was like this bit that we did, and I'm waiting for that to become a reality in the same way that like this guy was just talking about he was on a It was sketch comedy, but now it's potential reality. The Wildest Man, all right, the lawmakers, the lawbreakers, the times that there ought to be a law. Surely by now you already know that the Menanda's brothers got halfway to their wish. The Menanda's brothers got the resentenced fifty years to life, which makes them eligible for parole. Right now. Judge said he didn't think that they were a threat. The parole board or whoever does the interviewing, they said that they were a moderate threat because they displayed some narcissistic tendencies by smuggling a cell phone in while all of this brew haha over whether or not they would be resentenced and potentially released was making its way through the news, and they thought, well, why would you endanger that unless you're a total narcissist, And then they one of them got a cell phone and a couple of things about this. You wonder how they got the cell phone in and he go, okay, did a guard sneak it to him? Did somebody keyster it? I'm hoping it was keystering. Also not a suitcasing if you're unfamiliar with the prison terms, which of course I know intimately. And then the other question is who are they calling? Who do they need to call? They can already talk to their lawyer. Family members are probably in contact with them. So who are they calling? Is they're a publicists they need to get ahold of. I don't know who they're they. I mean normally when you think of cell phones in prison, it's somebody who's, you know, contacting their girlfriend or something on the outside, or they're running some crime ring. I don't know who these guys are calling. That's what crossed my mind last week. An update on something we had last week. Last week we had the Tesla road rage guy, remember him, Kayla. He was the dude that was he had the Tesla and then anytime anytime somebody made a lane change too close to him, he got all kinds of angry.
Speaker 3: And he was carrying around.
Speaker 2: I think it was a lead pipe like Colonel Mustard in the backseat of his tesla, and he would get out and he was attacking people's cars and breaking their windows and things like that. It was crazy, and he got in trouble and he got caught and then he got sentenced. But in California, if you get sentenced to five or six years, you're out in like, I don't know, six or eight hours because of overcrowding.
Speaker 3: So he gets out.
Speaker 2: He's on parole, and he goes to Hawaii where he has more trouble and he ends up getting arrested again for road rage. What happened here is we saw the video. If you missed it, we saw the video of this guy road raging. He reached through the window of a car punched a woman in the face. The woman's mother was there. She got out of the passenger seat and said, what are you doing, and then the guy starts beating up on mom. Now we're finding out that it wasn't just on the road. This guy had some I don't know if you want to call it roid rage, but it sure seems like it because it was at the gym.
Speaker 6: The man convicted in a series of southern California road rage attacks is said to appear in court today in Hawaii. This comes as we learn about another alleged incident involving the man Nathaniel Radamack is in custody in Hawaii for the road rage attack caught on tape last week, and this morning he's still recovering from a beating he suffered on Monday from other inmates.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a tragedy. Oh, I feel terrible. I saw the photos of this too. He took a wallapin. They were not messing around. I mean, this dude, he got a reminder. You're gonna beat up women on the street. You're going to be a prison bitch. That's it.
Speaker 16: It's rage we've seen before, only this time. Nathaniel radamac convicted for his violent Tesla rampages, isn't behind the wheel.
Speaker 11: He's at the gym and this guy said he's gonna soft me in my face because I go up next.
Speaker 10: To his machine.
Speaker 13: And he came up behind me and said, hey, do me a favor.
Speaker 15: I don't walk past my machine when I'm using again.
Speaker 5: I was so taken him back, because I'm not one to be spoken to like that.
Speaker 16: The young lady involved, speaking anonymously to Hawaii News Now. The incident, she says, happened on good Friday, not so good, at a Planet Fitness in Kahala, Honolulu. She took out her phone as things quickly escalated.
Speaker 2: Because that's what we do. In this case, it was the cya move. It wasn't for clicks, not like when Kayla goes.
Speaker 3: To the gym. It's all for the clicks, isn't it? Girl? All for the clicks?
Speaker 1: You know me.
Speaker 11: Is your problems are.
Speaker 3: Looking good for you?
Speaker 16: Look good for radamac who is now in custody facing charges for assaulting two women in Honolulu.
Speaker 17: He got closer to my daughter's window, reached in and punched her in her face.
Speaker 16: Diane Ung, recalling the May seventh attack, her motherly instincts kicking in.
Speaker 17: Had my coffee in my hand, my sed toffee for McDonald's, threw it at his car, and he came running across the street, struck me like superman punch.
Speaker 2: Oh well, you threw coffee on his car, So I mean, what do you expect. It seems like a reasonable reaction to something like that. Yeah, coffee is tough to get off in the.
Speaker 16: Car wash that blow, landing Radamac behind bars and now in the hospital. A spokesperson for Hawaii's Department of Corrections saying he was assaulted by inmates on Monday, sustaining injuries to his face and torso tonight relief replacing fear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is, and I'm telling you they tuned him up, tuned him up. So the guy attacks this woman at the gym. Any hit her, I mean he socked her. He said, don't walk by my machine again. And then he starts yelling at him. She's like, you're gonna do what? And then he pops her. That was on Good Friday. Then the guy is still out on the street. See here's the deal with with people like this. They gotta get caught and then they have to be punished severely. So this guy, he got jail time in California. He got prison time in California, but then he had a early release.
Speaker 3: So he still has some issues. He's still dealing with those issues. Have you where I get that angry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not no, not that angry or think I can control that point. At least I can control it. And there's there's a couple of reasons. I'm an intimidating guy to look at. I am a giant sissy.
Speaker 8: You think you're intimidating to look like you think people will see you.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, whoa, I don't want to mess with that guy. You think you're I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna I'm six', Three i'm two, forty, RIGHT i Mean i'm built Like President, trump. RIGHT i Mean i'm physically fit like. That you, Know i'm six, three two. Forty, so, UH i Mean i'm. People, LOOK i can be intimidating bit, Okay but the fact, is any Fin i've ever been, WITH i get clocked AND i am. OUT i Mean i've been punched twice in the face AND i just soon not do it. Again so, NO i didn't have time.
Speaker 3: Both.
Speaker 2: Times clock, well they threw hands. Fast this is my early. Twenties they threw. HANDS i mean we were just talking And i'm trying to puff, up you, know and the next THING i, know.
Speaker 3: AND i am.
Speaker 11: Flats, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 2: SORRY i Mean it's, like which is why WHEN i WATCH tv and somebody gets punched in the face and they just kind of they kind of turned their head to the, side maybe maybe, fall you, know kind of kind of punch over a little bit and then they come back and they're, like you shouldn't be doing. That i'm, like not, me, MAN i got a glass. Jaw punch me in the. FACE i can turn around AND i, go you look like SOMEONE i know that's.
Speaker 3: Me it is not, Good, okay not. Surprising, No BUT i. CAN i.
Speaker 2: CAN i can be, INTIMIDATING i can get real, loud real. Big but the minute it comes time to, Hands i'm, like, Yeah i'm like a. Bear that's exactly. Right in, fact some of the guys at my At Bible camp used to call me.
Speaker 3: Bear there you, go but that was for a different.
Speaker 8: Reason, yeah why they call you Bear Bible camp.
Speaker 3: Because twink was already. Taken, hell why you guys bait me into that kind of? STUY i. DIDN'T i didn't expect. That. Good don't don't bait me into those. Things don't get me in. Trouble all?
Speaker 2: Right, question would you watch the reality show of undocumented Immigrants vying for? CITIZENSHIP dhs is considering that proposal from a. Producer we'll get your feedback on the talkback. Line if you're listening on The, iHeartRadio just hit talk back and let us. Know would you watch.
Speaker 1: It you're listening to KF I am sixty on demand.
Speaker 2: On demand anytime on the iHeartRadio. App foochs plays in the last, segment if you're just joining. Us in the last, SEGMENT i was we were talking about how silly things have. Gotten one gentleman hit our talk back and he said that the idea of immigrants in a reality show vying for citizenship was done and then it was like a sketch comedy.
Speaker 3: Thing isn't that what he was? Saying?
Speaker 2: GUYS i didn't something like. THAT i was unfamiliar with the with the, show but he, said, yeah it was basically already. Done AND i, SAID i, said we're getting to the point where where these sketch comedy bits have become what is it? Reality, Yeah they've become reality, exactly which is just so bizarre to. Me AND i did a bit And i'm just waiting for this to become. REALITY i did a bit WHEN i was in Stabb diego about homeless people fighting each other and about how they should they should turn this into an event and they, could they could get people in and we call it homeless. Combat and ACTUALLY i found the. OUTRO i couldn't find the, intro BUT i found the, outro so you get the essence of. It so when the when the, show when the when the bit wrapped? Up you, know we do, it you know in this. Corner and it was always Stabby, Steve Gabby steve the meaning, champion.
Speaker 3: You know what kind of. Thing so this was our this is our Outra.
Speaker 2: Chris, yeah that's. PERFECT i used to have dumb fun on the. Radio, YEAH i still, do still, do thanks to you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: Uh governor, Oh Governor batman is sounding very unnewsome. Live he is taking on his own. Party now WHY i think we know.
Speaker 13: Why good morning and welcome to The Tom brook one newsitter here At Universal. City I'm Conan noblin Helping you're Heaving Cone sunday. Morning it's a debate that's taking place in The California legislature within The Democratic party about two issues we've been talking about for a long, time homelessness and. Housing one, side as represented by the governor this past, week, says, listen you need to build more housing and you can't let the environmental regulations get in the. Way the governor endorsing a bill in the legislature that would allow for infield, development that, is empty lots in the middle of an urban setting without having to go through The California Environmental Quality.
Speaker 3: Act hedged another.
Speaker 13: Bill which would allow for greater density housing along transit.
Speaker 2: Lines so wait a, minute he's he's endorsing the bill and, Says, oh we can just skip in the. Environment look What wait a, minute next, thing you, know he's going to, say we don't need The Coastal.
Speaker 3: Commission.
Speaker 13: What he also said that local governments have to start getting rid of homeless.
Speaker 2: Encampments that's not the kind of democratic compassion we're accustomed to hearing From Governor.
Speaker 3: Batman what is that? Man thank? You what is what is his endgame?
Speaker 13: Here that there's plenty of money out there and there are all sorts of solutions that local governments are.
Speaker 3: Ignoring here's what the governor had to say, this look at these. Encampments, okay they're a.
Speaker 15: Disgrace they've been there years and years and years and. Years i've heard that same rhetoric for. Years people are, dying kids are being, Born.
Speaker 3: So so one for one. Overdoses.
Speaker 15: OH i met a young man literally was out there Doing Project Homeless, connect reaching out in the four or five. FREEWAY i found out the next day he was. Dead, wow in this name of, compassion mm, hmmm because we had a, NOTICE i could have helped. Them that, NIGHT i felt like a. FRAUD i felt LIKE i let him. Down we gotta be more. AGGRESSIVE i saw a young, child a young kid In San diego is with the mayor Of San diego right before His state of the.
Speaker 11: State, yeah this poor kid was addicted to. Meth he was a wonderful.
Speaker 2: Kid, Okay, okay methy kid was, Wonderful. Okay and he, Said i'm really glad you.
Speaker 15: Came he, Goes i'm, struggling and they're in the tent with his wife was a newborn.
Speaker 3: Baby, okay he, said thank you for.
Speaker 15: Coming there's no compassion in denying what the hell's going on the streets and.
Speaker 2: Sidewalks and that's WHEN i told him he'd been there for three days and it was time to.
Speaker 9: Go.
Speaker 3: YEAH i, mean he's starting to sound very.
Speaker 2: Well republicany if you want to be, compassionate we hasn't have to enforce the homeless, laws. Right he doesn't sound like he doesn't sound like The lincoln liberal who's, saying, uh what we have to be compassionate and come to.
Speaker 9: Them he.
Speaker 2: Said he's, saying you got to get off the. Street we're going to take you off the, street.
Speaker 10: Right it is time to take back the. Streets it's time to take back the. Sidewalks it's time to take these encampments and provide. Alternatives and the state is giving you more resources than.
Speaker 11: Ever Governor newsome announcing a directive today for cities and counties to immediately address encampments like this, one to which residents, say they.
Speaker 4: Keep putting us on a list and putting us on a, list and.
Speaker 11: Putting us on the, list but trying to ask, them, well when are we going to move?
Speaker 3: There we don't have a.
Speaker 5: Date we don't actually enough for, sure we don't know where at the hotels to push you guys.
Speaker 3: Out we need some all.
Speaker 2: Right So newsom, says you had three, days back, up get. Out you got to move across the street every three. Days so no more permanent homeless. Encampments and a lot of people are confused as to what to. Do a lot of cities don't know what to. Do, meanwhile if you are a business owner in that, city you, GO i don't care what you, do just get. Away from my, business because you're not good from a, business which is why some business owners are taking things into their own hands or.
Speaker 9: Ears for years, now businesses across Southern california have taken it upon themselves to play music outside their stores to trying to turn people.
Speaker 11: From sleeping directly.
Speaker 9: Outside now usually the businesses play classical. Music but here in Downtown la at eleventh And, main this building is. Playing they Played Baby.
Speaker 3: Shark, OH i love that. Song it's, great, baby you are right stop.
Speaker 11: It, LITERALLY i can't keep it.
Speaker 8: Going No jesus that that song makes people out of my eyelashes one by, one.
Speaker 3: Makes me but on my assless. Chaps, BABY i just like to listen to that with a lasso one two three four one two. THREE i don't know.
Speaker 2: WHY i JUST i just want to dress up like the village of people and dance to. It but listen to this because the story gets a little more bizarre when they actually talk to someone who's dealing with The Baby Shark uh.
Speaker 3: Irritant it's.
Speaker 9: True Ping Pong's Baby shark now plays on repeat outside this Downtown lake commercial. Building this loud speaker is pointed directly at a homeless, encampment that's blogging the sidewalk next door that is Where tracy.
Speaker 18: Lives they're doing everything they can to either make us move or drive us, Crazy but it's doing the.
Speaker 11: Latter it's driving people.
Speaker 9: Crazy it's popular is the song has become a children in recent. Years it's despised by many adults for.
Speaker 3: Like, kayla you hear?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 3: KAYLA i am any?
Speaker 11: Adults, yeah you're an.
Speaker 9: Adult it's for its ability to easily find its way stuck in your.
Speaker 11: Head racy says it kept her and others up all.
Speaker 18: Night if we, could we would take that street girl apart and we all went through four packs of. Cigarettes lord knows how many soups we ate last?
Speaker 11: Night?
Speaker 1: Look did she?
Speaker 3: Like hold? On can we just check that?
Speaker 2: Again so she's super irritated with, it and in response smoked cigarettes and ate.
Speaker 3: Soup wait three girl, apart and we all went through four packs of.
Speaker 18: Cigarettes lord knows how many soups we ate last?
Speaker 7: Night?
Speaker 3: Huh four packs of cigarettes in one. NIGHT i don't.
Speaker 2: Know if you guys are, smokers do you know how much a pack of cigarettes? Is any ideas you want to guess average price for a pack of cigarettes in la is twelve. Dollars oh, WOW i was gonna gets. Eleven, yeah you're pretty. Close yeah, yeah, yeah twelve bucks for a pack of. Cigarettes so twelve, dollars that's just that's like the pack that you put in your. Pocket that's not like. That, yeah that's not a, curtain that's a. Pack, yeah the carton is gonna run you one Twenty oh my. God yeah, YEAH i don't. SMOKE i, HAD i had to look this.
Speaker 12: Up but.
Speaker 2: Here's WHAT i here's WHAT i know about. This so if you're hitting four packs of cigarettes a, night let's just give you the whole twenty four hours for the sake of. Math that means you're spending forty eight dollars a day on. Cigarettes multiply that by thirty, days and you are over fourteen hundred dollars a month on.
Speaker 3: Cigarettes that's.
Speaker 2: Unreal do you know how many one bedroom apartments In Los angeles are under fourteen hundred dollars a? Month AND i know you're gonna say not very, Many but the alternative is homeless and listening to Baby shark all. Day according To, zillo just putting in the one bedroom under fourteen, hundred there are four hundred rentals available. Today but we're choosing baby shark and cigarettes instead of roof over our.
Speaker 3: Heads and you wonder why we can't fix the homeless. Problem they don't don't want it to be. Fixed they would rather have soup cigarettes and did? It where's my? Smokes did? It where's my? Smokes? Do did? It where's my? Smokes did noodle? Split P.
Speaker 10: I love?
Speaker 3: SOUP i want smokes?
Speaker 11: Engine did it go?
Speaker 3: Camel did did?
Speaker 8: It mommy?
Speaker 11: Shut, Yeah mommy?
Speaker 2: Shock Chris, merril k F I A m six forty wear live everywhere on The iHeartRadio, app
Speaker 1: KF I A m six forty on demand