Speaker 1: It's time for Coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now here's Nick Coffee.
Speaker 2: So last night's first round of the NFL Draft got started at eight o'clock. Tonight they'll start at seven, and of course it'll go late into the evening. And you know, I said it right before we went to break. I really do believe it's one of the one of the better values you'll get as far as you know, it's not appointment viewing necessarily, but you still see a lot of players that you recognize in the second and third round of the NFL Draft, and obviously you still get really good value in the second and third round. I mean, I think being a second and third round pick, really there's rare situations where you're like, wow, can you believe that guy felled in number two? I mean, I think we're hearing that now because of of Shador Sanders and just the thought that like maybe everybody was believing the hype and somebody's gonna take him in like the top ten. Clearly that didn't happen, but I mean I would imagine there's some guys. Look, there's guys who've never were never drafted they ended up having great, impactful NFL careers that really left the mark and changed a franchise in a positive way. So but as far as just like best players still available, I mean, I'm just looking here who's expected to be taken tonight in round two and round three, and I don't. I mean, maybe it's just because I'm not as polished as I usually and when it comes to just knowing who's out there and who's really good. But you know, I don't feel like there's like names that really pop, like Wow, that guy, he's going to be special, And I feel like usually you say that in the second round. Again, none of us really know how any of this is going to work out. There are countless examples of players at every position where you thought it was going to be a can't mispick and then didn't work out, or a guy that you couldn't believe somebody drafted and wow it ended up being, you know, phenomenal. Traveon Henderson is believed to be the first guy off the board tonight. Obviously he's gonna be h the Nick Chubb replacement for the Browns, at least that's probably what they're envisioning. If in fact they take him and then Luther Burden for Missouri receiver. He's a really talented guy and I liked him too. Yeah, I like him a lot. I feel like he didn't have I mean, again, he's still had a lot of hype, and clearly, if he goes in the second round, that's still a guy that clearly, if he's a pick thirty five, that's still something that tells you the NFL things a lot of him. But I just got he came back, which surprised a lot of people to Missouri last year, and he was still good, but like he was one of those guys that had so much momentum in twenty twenty three that like, I'm not really sure what he could have done to kind of exceed the momentum. So it's almost kind of like he's kind of somebody that people not forget about necessarily, but just you know, he's been he's been in the same spot for quite a while. And again, not a totally fair comparison, I suppose, but I think that's the same way with Ashton Jilatte. He's not gonna be taken in the second round or probably the third round, But I mean he had so like he's somebody that really I think he was at his peak as far as buzz and real you know, love from the NFL right after his junior season. But he decided to come back, and I don't think he took a step back as a senior. Maybe the numbers weren't quite as impressive, but I think if you pay attention, it's because it's because clearly he'd been established to a point where he was going to get a lot of attention, including double and triple team nearly every play. Looking out looking at at some other names. He did talk about this earlier as far as quarterbacks, Jylen Milroe, and I'm gonna look up a different actually, Austin. You see if you can do a quick little Google search, my man, and just see she google second and third round mock draft and click on the first one you see that's from a reputable outlet that's not NFL dot Com. Because I just want to see if there's a difference here, because what I have here, and again I don't trust one mock draft guy more than the other. I just grabbed the first one that popped up here, and they have Milroe going fortieth okay, I side pulled up. Okay, so Milroe's going fortieth to the to the Saints here, meaning he would be the third quarterback off the board, and then the next quarterback would be Tyler Shuck if this accurate, because they've got shut going at pick number fifty two to the Seattle Seahawks, and then they have the Browns taking shit Or Sanders in the third round tonight with one of their first picks in the it's actually the third pick in the third round, which again, maybe that happens, but I think if the Browns really like shitt Or Sanders, they would have taken him last night, because I just, you know, I doubt that they didn't take him and really liked him because they were they were well aware he'd still be there in the third. So if they take him in the third, maybe they like maybe they think to themselves they like him. However, you know, they didn't like him for a first or a second, but hey, we'll take a shot on him as a third because you know, why not. He's got that high upside to where you know, maybe he does pop and he's really really really good. I mean, somebody said this to me the other day. And I'd never thought about it, but every team in the NFL passed on Lamar Jackson. Hence the reason actually who didn't have a pick in the first round because they didn't pass on him. But like, I don't think they would have taken him. Whoever it was the Ravens actually passed on Lamar. I don't people remember that or not. The Ravens first drafted in the first round Hayden Hurst, who was a tight end who yeah, came from playing baseball as a pro to then playing like one or two years as a tight end at South Carolina, and then of course he became a first round pick and he's bounced around the NFL. But anyways, like if the Ravens didn't take him at pick thirty two, I mean, given that, really there didn't seem to be many other teams that were interested in him. I mean I shouldn't. I mean, we'll never know. And it's a silly hypothetical because it's many years later, but I wonder where Lamar would have gone because there's a lot of guys I guarantee you that are off the board the first round that had that team not really liked them, they might have gone fourth or fifth round. I mean, we'll never know, but you know, I just think with Sanders, I mean, if he's with his position, you know, quarterback, which is clearly really really important, and he goes past the second round and nobody takes him, that's the full on confirmation that the NFL does not believe any of the hype. Really, he'll still get drafted, but it could end up being one of those teams that doesn't need a quarterback. But they're like, Okay, we didn't expect this guy to be available because we thought some some you know, some team would be too you know, too eager to take a quarterback because they just can't resist the urge to go get a new franchise quarterback. But we will know, we know we're gonna need somebody before too long, so why not take a chance here?
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: The Jaguar did you see did you see Travis Hunter? Ad meant last night? I don't even know if the Jags wanted to say, but he was just being honest. Did you hear Travis Hunter last night? Austin say that Jags were one of the teams that did not talk to him at all, Like they didn't show any like they they did not, like he had no clue he was gonna they were going to trade up to get him, because they didn't. They didn't, they didn't. Here's what I would imagine. They probably just didn't expect him to be there, so they just knew, like, the only scenario we need to like think about him is if we want to trade up. And then they got close to it and they decided to do that. Also, I don't know if people realize this or remember this. You probably don't and it doesn't matter now, but the Jazz traded up to get Donovan Mitchell. Yes, the Jazz never interviewed him. The Jazz never talked to him.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Jazz never. The Jazz were never a team that that that had Like of all the NFL or the NBA teams that were in on Donovan that like he was talking to trying to get a feel him and his agent as far as what the interest level was, the Jazz were not one of them. And sure enough they didn't just take him. They traded up to get him. So there's got to be a strategy to that that. I don't know what it is, but like you don't on Draft day, fall in love with a guy that you that you intentionally did not interview, and like, really do your vetting as far as you know, one on one. So it was what's your what's your mock draft looking like?
Speaker 3: On sioked?
Speaker 4: I looked at two of them because I went to SI and then after that I just went straight to athlon sports. But they're almost the same. So I'm gonna start with the Athlon Sports since that's first one. I have one here. First quarterback they have going as Jaln Milroe to the Browns at thirty six, okay, and then the very next pick being Shadoor to the Raiders, which I could totally see that happening, and then a few more picks after that the Saints snagging Tyler Tyler Shuck at forty. SI also says the same thing about Shuck at forty to the Saints, but they also have and just they also had the Browns picking same thing they outside the brown or they had the Browns picking Shadoor at three and then at forty is when they have Tyler Shook, and then they don't have Milroe going till the Raiders until pick sixty eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean again, maybe this is just recency where I'm just like, you know not, I kind of feel like the NFL, like, no matter what year it is, no matter what the draft looks like, everybody's just guessing as far as what teams are actually gonna do. And sometimes we don't even need to think about it. We know what they're gonna do because it's pretty obvious just with the way things align. But I kind of feel like with this quarterback crop being one that like everybody is aware of that it's not a great class. And yes, everybody knows that there's certain NFL teams that just need It's not like they're going to be greedy and overthink it and try to envision a guy being somebody that he's not. Like, put it this way, the Steelers, it would be downright irresponsible for them not to draft a quarterback, right, I mean they've got Mason Rudolph, that's it. And yeah, they could go do something in free agency, but like, if the Steelers don't take a quarterback, like, what are they gonna do? There's no way. And again, the Steelers are the kind of team that will do whatever they want to do and not worry about what anybody thinks and to their credit, they've also been a franchise that many times people look like, how would you not pay this guy? Why are you not taking care of your offensive linemen? And why are you keeping Tomlin? And more often than not, they've been able to get the last laugh, and they make the right decisions that they don't put any like, they don't factor in a motion or what anybody else is going to say. They just make decisions that they feel like are best for them. So you know, maybe maybe they won't take a quarterback and somehow they'll get something to work out and it'll be great. Maybe they get Rogers to come to Pittsburgh. I don't think he wants to come to Pittsburgh. So you know, the Steelers like to me, they have at times, I think, been really wise to not do what other NFL teams do, and that is that just the scenario I used earlier is just they've been able to see a guy for who he is and not get you know, why not get wide eyed and dreamy about a quarterback and envision them being something that they're not. I mean, I think last night that's what the freaking Giants did. Like I don't I think the Giant, the New York Giants sees something in Jackson Dart that nobody else sees. Again, he's not bad, It's not like they drafted some dude who couldn't start at all, miss but like, to me, that's just a force. And like they they they last night. Again, maybe maybe maybe it works out differently and we're all wrong, but to me, that just screams busted. And sometimes you know, there are guys who you can just tell from a mile away that's gonna be a disaster, and it usually ends up being a disaster. I mean, And that to me, I think that's what's gonna happen with Jackson Dart. But I would love for the Steelers to take to take Shuck because you know, they're they're pretty good elsewhere. I mean they've got I mean they've got DK Metcalf. Now who's there, who's their top receiver who broke out recently that's been I mean a really good weapon for him for the Steelers. Yes, Picks, Yes, Pickens. And then obviously they're they're always pretty set defensively and they're a well run organization to where like they wouldn't need Schuck to come in and and and you know they wouldn't demand him. All right, look, you got to make something happen here. You got to work your magic. We drafted you in the second round, and you know it's on you.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: They would never do this, They would never position it like this. But a lot of times you draft this, this new quarterback that's going to change your franchise, and and I think you know it's it's not realistic. But the hope is that he's so good that he elevates your team. But if your team is so bad like meeting, you're the Titans and you're drafted number you're the number one pick because you're the worst team, that quarterback could be a billion times better than what you think he is as the number one pick, and it still might not result in you being much better because you know you were terrible initially. And football is the one sport where not one guy can do it. I mean, what did you say, Alstin that they've already elevated the the the win totals for for the Titans, like by six games because of cam Ward.
Speaker 3: Uh? Well, that that's what Jay Mack was talking about. That's what Jackson.
Speaker 4: He says from three wins to nine wins just by getting cam Ward.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean him and what army and if and if they do it's because the divisions lousy. But I don't think that's real lost. They're not being the Texans, They're not beating I mean, I mean, the Titans were worse than the Jags. I mean the Titans were the number one pick for a reason.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, well, wait a minute, let's not spaage Jason McIntire's name. Remember he had that great analysis on that one Auburn player that had the good crossover.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's got this great crossover. Yeah, yeah, he's he likes to shoot the three. Like just just just filler words because he doesn't know how to talk about basketball. And uh yeah, he's he's uh, he brings energy and he does not shot away from sharing sharing opinions. But he also at times, you know, is kind of right. You know, he's j Max. So anyways, real quick, before we get to a break and then we come back. When we do, it's really important. And that is the official draft, and that is our fast food item draft five rounds. Austin and I I have no clue what to expect because you know, you and I we've become pretty close over the years. But I don't really know a lot about your palette, you know what I'm saying. I'm not I'm not sure what your go to is when you're when you're hitting the drive through to get some lunch. But all I know is, and I said this Austin earlier, we're going to be hungry as hell when this ends. Like I know that's going to happen. But before we do that, real quick, just to kind of reset something that I that I threw out there earlier that I don't think anybody really is is acknowledging, or maybe it's because I'm the only one that sees it this way. But when it comes to Shador Sanders, you know, it's now being positioned as if like he's a victim here and like he was entitled and he earned a first round draft pick, like he earned he earned a spot in the first round. And you know, last night you've got booger McFarland, and I mean even Rich Eisen kind of said something along the lines of what what what what others have been saying, which is that there's certain things about shit or that people look at as a red flag. They criticize it, whereas if it was another quarterback, it would be viewed as like a strength because he's got confidence, he's got belief in himself. And he's not he's cool, he's he's not, you know, he's never stressing out there. And like that may be true, but like nobody's entitled to be drafted, Like you can't. You don't earn a spot in the draft. You have to like somebody has to want to pick you. And again, the analogy that I use is like, well, hey, you know, I've been working my ass off. I've been losing weight. I've been you know, I've been. I've been working on myself. I got a good tan going on, I've been in the gym. I got the low te figured out thanks to doctor Wood at the Louisville Men's Clinics. So listen up, you know, Margo Roby, I need I need a date. I earned it. Like that's not how it works, like you. I mean, like that's again, if you have if you are undefeated and you miss the tournament or missed the playoff, like that's a different conversation. The draft is not about earning anything. You have to sell yourself and somebody like the draft is all about a decision, not about a result, not about not about a victory or accomplishments. So like, yep, maybe he is going to prove everybody wrong. But the fact that some are already acting like he's a victim and he's robbed, I mean, like nobody's entitled to be drafted at all, because again, the people drafting have to they have to pick you, and they might not be picking him for a variety of reasons. But like he could have been a billion times better than he actually was and it would have not led to him actually being entitled to be taken. It's just, you know, I don't know why people can't understand that, Like, the draft is not a game. The draft is not a competition at all. I quick break will go back on the other side and get to the real draft, the fast food item draft right here on Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day.
Speaker 2: So for those that were expecting to to go to the Louis of Bats game today, they were supposed to be playing I think as we speak. However, they game got rained out, just like yesterday. So it turns out they're gonna have a double header tomorrow and you will hear the action right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. All right, so we got about thirty minutes left, and I'm going to try not to make this as lengthy as as I typically do when it comes to drafts, because I just kind of get, you know, I just get they're fun, they're fun to do, and I kind of feel like we wouldn't It wouldn't be a mistake to like make it'd be hard to come up with good stuff consistently, but like there should be a day every week where we do some kind of draft like this, because I feel like Fridays are perfect for yah, because I feel like a lot of people, you know, I mean decompressing, Yeah, I mean I think about something else. I don't know who wouldn't have opinions or interest in like thinking of you know best. You know, we were doing fast We're gonna do fast food menu items here, but like you could do all kinds of stuff like we did. We did rom coms on Valentine's Day, that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: So yeah, people could text that they want to see what kind of stuff that they would like to hear on them we would love to get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually, that's that's a great idea because they could give us some good suggestions that we would never think of. You know that that might make perfect sense. So yeah, if you have any any suggestions of things you think would be an interesting draft, please be sure to let us know. All right, So, uh, I'm going to give you the first pick here all right and see what you what you like to do, so so it can be just so you know, it can be you know, fast food. I think everybody kind of has a good grasp of what is truly considered fast food. I think when it comes to like a sit down restaurant fast casual if you will, that that's where there's a little bit of a gray area because like you know, for example, Chipotle, they're putting up one near my home, and across the street from that there's a Chili's. I think those are different types of restaurants. I think I think Chipotle would qualify more so as fast casual, whereas I think Chili's is a sit down restaurant. So so, you know, I think fast casual could could be included. But like a menuided from like a Chili's or a you know.
Speaker 4: It's not accessible through like a drive through where you're pulling up you need something, right.
Speaker 2: And honestly, this is this is a way that I kind of separate. Do they serve booze? You know what I mean? Like do they have a bar? That's true because like the fast casuals usually don't. Some of them. You can get a beer, but like it's in that little it's just sitting an ice up there to where it's like you know, and they probably don't sell a whole lot of them, but they do have it available, right, you can get one where the other day, Actually it's been a while I was at get a beer Chili can't you? Oh yeah, well Chilis has a bar, but Chipotle you can't police, I don't think you can't. But like it, but it mos they have like I could get I could get one, but like you know, it's I felt like I was looking like a real drunk because nobody else seems to go there to drink, you know what I mean. Yeah, So anyways, the floor is yours first pick. You're on the clock. Who you got?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: This one is a controversial one. And if you've never had it before and you always like to rag on it, I'm sorry, I'm gonna go with it.
Speaker 3: If I'm put.
Speaker 4: If there's a dream I could go right now and get this thing through a drive in, I'm going with the In and Out Burger double double animal style. Okay it is, And I don't know where all the hate comes from. And for some odd reason they've grown a rivalry with water Burger, which I also do love Waterburger, but both can be great, right, both are great, but there's something about I remember when they first built the In and Out Burger in Tucson when I was living there, and the line we had to wait probably like a month to go because the line was just absolutely bonkers. I think it stretched around the shopping center that it was at, like for at for weeks, over a month, And I remember getting it, and man, my dad would tell me about it because he got stationed in Vegas a lot and it was straight out of the West Coast.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: Every time I bite into an In and Out Burger a double double, and I get an animal style in the fries animal style too, but so it takes me back.
Speaker 2: It's their traditional animal it's their traditional like burger double cheeseburger, but animal style is just like a type of way you can get it right.
Speaker 4: And it's secrets not on the menu. I'm pretty sure if you've heard of the Lord or the secret menu of In and Out Burger, haven't you? Oh yeah, so yeah, when you ask for that, there's only like five or six different things on the menu if you go to an in and out Burger, but you you have to know what to order.
Speaker 3: That's where the secret menu comes into play.
Speaker 2: Good stuff, all right, I'm gonna go and look, my my board has been has been pretty pretty consistent as far as you know, who I really like, the prospects that I really really trust. But there's there's there's been a late move here, at least on my on my part, to where I, you know, what I thought might be worthy of a second maybe even a third rounder. Maybe it's just because it sounds so delicious right now, I'm moving it up to take it in the first Okay, I'm taking the Taco Bell Chicken Caesadia ooh. I mean, I I don't know how popular they are, but like on my board, the sauce and like it's Taco Bell has a lot of good menu items, but to me, like I and it's why when I go to Taco Bell, my menu, my meal is now typically like way more expensive, triple quadrupleed amount that it was just year ago, because I'll get other stuff that like I want to try or something that I know that I like. But I can't go to Taco Bell without adding a casadia, which usually ends up in me eating enough, you know, by myself to feed my whole family, because you know, Taco Bell is just you know, it's that good. But I'm going chicken caesadia, and I do get the extra the extra creamy jalapeno sauce on it.
Speaker 4: That's that's the kicker. Yet I literally get it with light sauce on the audio. I used sometimes they can they can pour it on me.
Speaker 2: I used to do that too, and I just felt like it's a little too zesty, like a little too a little too bold. But now I've learned to know, like I need that sauce. It's that good.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, here's a question. Because I'm normally eating on my lap while driving, I never that I'm a sex a talent. I can't do that I am a psychopath, so like to reduce the risk of things spilling all over me and giving away the fact that I've eaten out before dinner and my fiance not finding out.
Speaker 3: You got to learn what you gotta do.
Speaker 4: So now that you say like I don't pre dinner case I I don't do.
Speaker 2: It because I don't do it because of you know, I worry about getting messy. But I now realize, like anything I get from Taco Bell, I'd have a tough time eat, Like you would have to get that light sauce because it's a messy eat. It's a messy meal. And any talk, anything I get at Taco Bell, other than maybe the nacho fries, I wouldn't be able to eat, like in the car even if I'm not driving. And there's also another one that's on my board that that like, I gotta be sitting down and I might as well, like you use one of my kids bibs, because it's gonna be messy, but it's gonna be worth it. So we got we got first round. In the books, Austin went within an out burger animal style, I'm going Chicken ca City at Taco Bell with the extra Kriaby Alipino. Who's who you got in round two?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna stay with Taco Bell and I'm gonna move over to It's It's like in the fantasy draft. Once it's now start to feel panicked, right, you see someone take a kick or a defense high, I gotta go get it.
Speaker 2: You think it's coincidence. Why that you've seen some drafts NBA or NFL where you see two guys from the same college drafted back to back. It's because, oh, you're right, team was pretty good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so might as well. I'm in Taco Bell. Make fun of it all you want, but it's always been clutch to go with. I think, what is the single greatest food item possibly ever produced?
Speaker 3: And that's a crunch trap? Supreme? Okay, I love the crunch traps.
Speaker 2: Those are really really popular. Are now? Are those the items that they took away and then brought back and everybody got all excited?
Speaker 4: No, no, those weren't the load of potato, I thought, No, No, Mexican pizza went away.
Speaker 3: For a while.
Speaker 2: Yes, my wife it was a It was a tragic experience for her when she realized the Mexican pizza was gone, and then when they brought it back. I think she ate it like eight times a day.
Speaker 3: I don't even think it was the same, just like it never was.
Speaker 2: Right, So crunch Trap Supreme from Taco Bell around number two, good stuff. I'm going to go with a little plain Jane. But man, you know, I like what I like. I know what's gonna work with my organization. You know what I'm saying, Like, it's not flashy, it's uh, you know some some might not even say that it's that special, But you know what, I know, I know what. I know what it takes to be successful in our in our own organization here. So in round two, I'm going with the double cheeseburger at McDonald's.
Speaker 3: Oh, always clutch.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the double cheese. I get it plain and uh, you know, it's never it's never bad, but when it's good, like it's I mean, I just I need to I need to take a moment and just sit down and just and just take in the fact that I just had a fast food burger that's probably in no way in any I mean, it's not good for me at all, but man, it's real. But it Yeah, I don't know what it is, but it's good.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 2: So the double why do you get a plane? I don't have I get everything plain.
Speaker 4: Okay, well I'm the same thing, so there, so so eat like a nine year old.
Speaker 2: So check this out. On the burger, all I need is meat and cheese on any sandwich. I'm not getting any lettuce, tomato, nothing. So well, so I thought I was playing Jane. And I always used to say that I have the palette of like of a toddler. But then when John produced for me, did you know he doesn't eat any sauce. He eats any sauce, salad, no dressing, pancakes, no syrup.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: No? He became a bit on the show because like I said, man, like, you know, how do you do that?
Speaker 3: I said?
Speaker 2: People like what they like. But I'm like, I'm letting you know because I care about you. If you tell people that they are going to one thousand percent, assume you are a great a psychopath. Psych that is psychotic behavior. So you know here I we're exotic compared to him as far as I'm paying. Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't you know, ranch and ketchup for certain dipping. But no, I'm playing. I'm mister. I'm a plain Jane guy.
Speaker 4: I like, Yeah, I hate onions, I hate tomatoes, I hate lettuce. Well, I've actually found out I've grown a palette for liking some like like I like healthy foods. I've turned out I really like asparagus. I really do love spinach, and like I like it in a salad. I don't like it on anything. I also hate like shredded lettuce and romain lettuce, Like I hate that kind of salad. I don't know what it is, but like, I don't mind a salad. I don't like that stuff. I like salad, taco, my burger.
Speaker 2: So I've learned that I actually do like like green peppers, bell peppers. I clearly like lettuce enough to have salad. I don't like onions as far as the texture of them, but certainly they do add flavored to things. But I don't like I've enjoyed burgers and sandwiches for my whole life without it, So yes, I've developed that I don't I've learned that I can't eat it on its own and it's not bad, but like, I don't need to add it at this point in the game, the burger's good to me without any of that stuff on it.
Speaker 4: Now, Now, do you hate like or do you have to like regret when asking, Yeah, I'd like to get this burger, but can I get it without the lettuce, tomato, the onions?
Speaker 3: And then just watch the server's face go.
Speaker 2: So that's a great question because I went to lunch with my wife and I got Buffalo Chicken mini's and huh, it's a Buffalo chicken mini sandwich and it came with lettuce, tomato, and pickle, and I said, I want it plain. And I just never know if it didn't used to be a thing, but now it's like a fifty to fifty if I get it with no buffalo sauce. Well, I didn't order many chicken and I you know, so I just assume it's a given that I want the buffalo sauce on there, you know what I mean. And if I say cheeseburger, I now say just the cheese, because at times I'll say plain. But I feel like if you order a cheeseburger and you get it plain because you said cheeseburger and not a hamburger, it's a given that you want the cheese, right, absolutely, but sometimes there's a little bit of a disconnect. So like what I do now is just to not be passive aggressive or like to make it seem like I'm being pushy. I'll ben like, after everybody's taken an order, did I Ever'm going to tell you that I wanted it? Just plain just to kind of let them know, like just to emphasize what I really want.
Speaker 3: Round three?
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 3: We're doing four? Three?
Speaker 2: Is this this fourfeat?
Speaker 3: This is three?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Three?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Three?
Speaker 3: Okay, gotcha? So this is my last pick?
Speaker 2: We're doing four? Oh okay, that's why? Ok Okay, well I get what you mean now. I thought you meant was I asking? Was this the fourth round? Yeah, we're gonna do four. We'll do four picks, and this is your third one.
Speaker 4: Since I since I've lived in Arizona all my life, And it was the same way of me trying to tell Arizona people what this was like back then as I do to people that live here in Louisville what it is to Arizona. I just love going through the White Castle, dry through and.
Speaker 2: Get that's a good that's a good third round value right there, not bad, that's a good so just just this classic white Castle and.
Speaker 3: Guess what, sometimes I'll tell them to scrape those onions off. I just I just want that plane and that.
Speaker 2: I've learned that I can't eat them and be fine, but yes, I prefer them without the onions. Now they put a pick they put a pickle on it. When I tell them, no pickle, I'm calling the cops. Oh that's just that's just what.
Speaker 3: We go saucy to the dousel door sauce no, no, no, I just I.
Speaker 2: Just go straight, uh straight burger and cheese.
Speaker 3: Useel door will change your life.
Speaker 2: So those standard white Castle burgers they don't come. Do they come with cheese or do you have to like you have thought, Yeah, to me, that's kind of weird. But you know, white Castle is certainly unique. All right, So white Castle sliders, right, that's that's your So my third round, this is the one I mentioned that like I probably need to be hosed down after I eat it because it could be real messy. But it is. It is an Arby's beef and sheddar and it's because it does have, of course, that the delicious cheddar cheese. It's got like a red onion ranch kind of sauce on it, but I loaded up in Arby's sauce too, So the beef and cheddar, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, Arby's gets way too much.
Speaker 2: I got to finance it to eat it, because you know, even before everything became expensive, you know, it was. I mean, it's a different planet in price. And I don't eat there often because I don't eat a lot of fast food. Not because like I'm a health snow, but I just you know, I'm at a point now where if I eat a lot of fast if I eat fast food, certain items like I just feel like crap. So anyways, beef and cheddar. I went on like a five year hiatus from the beef and cheddar because I hate one. In New Orleans the morning, it was late at night, but it was the night Louisville and the Sugar Bowl, and we were roaming around Bourbon Street needed food. I went to the Arby's on Bourbon Street and I ended up eating a sandwich and it was the beef and cheddar, and I realized that the roast beef was crunchy like and that wasn't good and I got food poisoning. So I did not eat beef and cheddar for a long time, but then I had one. I finally had the stone stack, you know, tried it again and I fell back in love with it, so Bee and shuddered. Delicious stuff. That's my third pick. What about your last pick?
Speaker 3: My last one?
Speaker 4: I feel like I gotta go with something sweet right here, and you're gonna hate who I'm bumping off the top the topic for it. We can go to our undrafted free agents, but I'm gonna go with something sweet.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the uh blizzard from Dairy Queen.
Speaker 2: Okay, blizzard from DQ.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's nothing better than a hot day getting and they have all sorts. They got a Snickers Blizzard, Reces, Skittles, eminem and and they just they had their they have their flavors of the month and it's just and they do the thing where they dump it upside down for you and I get it's amazing stuff. DQ blizzard.
Speaker 3: Baby.
Speaker 2: So I am really torn here with what I what I've got kind of on the radar, and I was gonna go I mean, I'll just tell you what I was gonna do. I was really close to uh to taking taking rally spries. Oh yes, but I think I gotta go. Chick fil a Icy chicken sandwich. Oh, yes, really good, the spicy. I love the Chick fil A spicy chicken sandwich. It's just the perfect amount of perfect amount of spice and uh, Chick fil A delicious. Clearly, it's popular for good reason. Chick fil A is and you always seem to want it on Sunday when you can't get it. It's it's it's the truth.
Speaker 4: It's evil magic, you know, you know the one that I left off in which maybe I should have just put it on here because I feel terrible.
Speaker 2: We could. Yeah, there's a lot, there's a lot of great talent that doesn't get drafted.
Speaker 4: But the first one that comes to mind that I had to just because everything else was there for me when I was a kid. But the well just miss a cut. Our friends at Thornton's a sausage and cheese. But you can't beat it, goodness, you can't beat it. It was but that should show you where they rank it. But I love food, clearly.
Speaker 2: What what fast food restaurant is? I don't want to say like it's super popular, but you know there's a ton of them, like outside of outside of McDonald's and subway and places that are just every on every corner in America. Like, there's a lot of these, but you just don't. It's not that you don't like it, you just never eat it. I'll give you wine.
Speaker 3: Probably for me. Culver's. I love Culver's.
Speaker 2: There's not that many, but Culver's isn't like I'm I haven't had Wendy's in ten years.
Speaker 3: That's a good one too, Yes, Wendy's, I haven't had it forever.
Speaker 2: And Wendy's is fine, but there was never an item that like hooked me to where I made it at the regular rotation for fast food to where like I'm not anti Wendy's, that's just it's not. I don't go there very often. In another place, I mean, I can't tell you the last time I had KFC. But when I do, it's good, you know. I mean, I just never think to go there. The one in our area is not it's it's it's not great. So maybe that's why I just never never go. But yeah, now, was I right? We're hungry, aren't we?
Speaker 3: Uh much? We're hungry? I need me, I need me some in and out so bad.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm hungry all right quick break. We'll come back and wrap it up on the other side right here on Sports Talk seven ninety.
Speaker 1: Now back to coffee and Company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine.
Speaker 2: Day final segment before we get out of here for the weekend. Thank you guys for hanging out with us on a Friday afternoon. I didn't mention this earlier in the show, and I meant to. There's not a whole lot to really add to it, but former loulov A quarterback Pierce Clarkson did not have a long stay in Oxford. He has entered the portal once again. So he's one of those guys that transferred in the spring and you know, realized I guess after spring ball that he was not in a situation that he felt like was good for him. I don't. I mean, I would imagine it's just because that that never really made sense to me, because I feel like with Lane Kiffin, how he wants to run an offense that you know, Pierce, even if he does end up being really successful, I just don't think the fit was there. And honestly, I think that was a factor with Jeff as well, So you know, I don't know, if this means like he's gonna have to take like a big step down because he's had the realization that he's not as good to play at the power for as as he thought. That may be the case, but I just think a freshman quarterback, like not even a freshman, but just like a first year starter at quarterback is gonna be rare because now coaches don't have to risk it and throw a guy out there even that they even if they think they're talented. Most coaches, who you know, it's their livelihood. They're coaching because it's their job and they want to win games. It's what they have to do to keep their job. If you know, you don't have to go with a quarterback that's never started and won a game, you probably won't, right, So I don't know. I just think just like in basketball, you know, there's gonna be freshmen that really if they want to show what they can do and then end up at some point in their college career playing at a really, really high level. If you're not one of those guys that you know, a top ten, top fifteen player, like you might be better off to go to a lower level that you wouldn't have gone to ten years ago because you want the opportunity to play and show what you can do, and then that's your big that's your big jump. So you know, I don't know where peer sins up. But I mean if I was advising a quarterback, which I wouldn't, they wouldn't ask me to advise them on what to do. But I feel like this day at age like you can have all the highlights, all the accolades, all the writeups about how good you are as a prospect, but if you've never started a game and there's no proof that you have shown you can win at a high level, at a high level of college football, are going to go get go to the portal and get a guy that they know has played against power for teams, that they know has valuable experience. So it's not like it's not an indictment that these guys aren't as good as everybody thought they were. It's just I mean, it makes sense for a coach to look at his options and say, yeah, I think this guy could eventually be good, but I don't know because he's never been out there. Well, the only way you're going to know is if you put him out there. But there could also be the risk that they're not as good as you need him to be. And yet you have guys in the portal that are you know, juniors and seniors that have played a lot of football. So you know, that's one of those things with the new world about college athletics that don't I don't hear a whole lot about meaning, I don't hear other people realize that like getting your first opportunity to play valuable minutes for a really good program in any sport, it's just not going to be as easy because coaches who you know, it's their job to win, they can go build the roster in the portal and get guys that it's not as big of a risk because they've played, they've proven it, and really it's just more than anything, getting that chance to prove it is harder now than it's ever been in So hope the best for pears are just I don't really have a clue where he may end up now, And if he goes to a low level, it doesn't mean that he was a bust. It just might mean that's his best chance to show somebody that he's that he that he can play and get valuable experience. All right, we're out of here. You guys have a good weekend. We're back at it on Monday for Derby Week. It should be a lot of fun, so looking forward to it. Take care,