Speaker 1: Rip tough. You need advice so you don't have run in Just as as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 1: Dix's The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: No Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five Welcome. We are here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints.
Speaker 1: Listen. I did change things, Mark, by the way, would you change me?
Speaker 3: I change things just as an experiment. I think I got the mic where it's really wonderful, but I did change things on the calls. So I want to try to hop to a call because I have a feeling. If it doesn't work, you have to take over and I'm gonna reconnect. I'm just telling people this from some inside crap here. We just got we just got something going on and I wanted to try to get our streams right and h but this is the Consumer Show where we try to solve problems, answer questions, say complaints, make your life just a little easier.
Speaker 1: So that's what we're going to do.
Speaker 3: I'm going to start out with Sherry and see if it works, and if not, Mark take right over and I'll just reconnect.
Speaker 1: But I do think I figured out most of it.
Speaker 3: So Sherry, you're going to start things off, and I'm hoping it's going to work.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, Sherry, Hi, good morning, Thank you for listening to my complaint verse I.
Speaker 1: No echo right?
Speaker 5: Mark?
Speaker 6: Is it working?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: So good keep going. I got it, brother, I got it. Okay, Sherry, go ahead. I'm sorry, Okay.
Speaker 6: The reason I'm calling is to complain about our recent flight experiences with him, and I want to start out by saying, I fly Frontier all the time.
Speaker 1: Oh that's your me too, me too? Mark? Do you like Frontier? By the way, do you realize I learned how to use the system?
Speaker 3: I do now I will say this, Sherry, I, but I've also sued him twice. I was warded off from Frontier because of a bunch of nightmares.
Speaker 1: But here's what happened.
Speaker 3: I started using I don't know what Mark meant about the system, but Mark, I started using actually their online chat and they have some really good I mean when you actually get an agent, not the virtual helper, but you wait for an agent. They really were really quite nice and took care of everything.
Speaker 1: So Sherry tell us about your experience.
Speaker 6: Okay, So first of all, like you said, I like their business model because I can control my costs by deciding how much luggage I want to take, how much treat I want.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 6: Get cheap flights, so that affords me, being retired, being able to go on how many trips a year. However, I have never experienced something like I experienced this week.
Speaker 1: So did I have to do with baggage.
Speaker 6: It has to do with what they're doing with boarding passes. So I was traveling with my mother, but we had separate itineraries because she wasn't sure what day she was flying back and forth. So she had a one way ticket to Phoenix on September twenty third, Yeah, and then she had a return ticket on September thirtieth, Okay, and each time I had a round trip ticket. So I was flying with her, but separate itinerary. Anyway, we get to Denver and they announced they overbooked a flight by two people, so would anyone take their travel voucher of two hundred and fifty dollars? So anyway, nobody took it. And we go to get on the flight and I'm Zone one and she's too, and I waited for her to make sure her ticket would go.
Speaker 1: You know, we were we were gonna they bumped her, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's eighty six here.
Speaker 9: Yeah, they bumped the cheapest ticket. That's why, exactly. Yeah, well, I mean that's how they all do it, so mad.
Speaker 8: They did it twice to her this week.
Speaker 3: It was but they didn't bump you. You should have said, if you're going to bump her anyway, bump me. And instead of.
Speaker 4: That, well, she was already on the plane, and so they they would not compensate me because I voluntarily gave up my seat to travel with her. But my point is that each time they put the people in a queue when they overbook, and it's according like you said, to the price.
Speaker 8: Of the ticket.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, how else would you do it?
Speaker 6: They had one way tickets. Hers was lowest priority. Yeah, so they have a list of people.
Speaker 1: So let me get this straight.
Speaker 3: When your mom got bumped, they did a allow you to take the second bump.
Speaker 6: No, well, anyway, let's pack up. So both times she had.
Speaker 8: A boarding pass with a seat assignment.
Speaker 3: We get that. I just need to know something. Did your mom stay back alone.
Speaker 8: Or did you get Oh, I could not leave her alone.
Speaker 1: But would they let you do it? Now, if they only.
Speaker 3: Had two they had to bump, would they let you bump instead of the other or in.
Speaker 1: Addition to the other. No?
Speaker 6: No, what I say, what they did was take our seats away and give them to people who paid more.
Speaker 1: I forget that. So they did.
Speaker 3: Man, there's a reason I'm asking, Sherry. I promise you, I'm not going crazy. I need to know the two people. The two people that eventually got bumped were you and your mom?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 6: There was four other people that they had lined up also who got bumped. So I don't know.
Speaker 9: How long was the next flight away? I mean how long they keep going? I'm sorry, keep going?
Speaker 6: So the first time, the first time, the next two flights were books.
Speaker 8: Solid, so they couldn't get us on, so we had to wait.
Speaker 6: We would wait. I think it was like six hours at the airport before we could get out. So anyway, luckily for us, the first flight they did get.
Speaker 8: Both of us on there, and I don't know what happened to that, Okay, so.
Speaker 3: They got to on how long after how long after the bump flight were you?
Speaker 1: Was it two hours or what it was?
Speaker 6: The same It was the same flight. They closed the doors, they made us stand there, and then they decided somebody must not have shown.
Speaker 8: Up, so they gave uh, I don't know.
Speaker 6: We were the first one.
Speaker 1: I got it. So you did get back on that same flight.
Speaker 6: So we got on the same flight going. But oh my gosh, the stress for my mother.
Speaker 1: Was I get it, I want right now?
Speaker 6: Okay, the second flight, their double book for three flights after us that day, had no flight till the next.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, do they always over sell Mark?
Speaker 9: I have never been bumped, but I'm sure it does happen. Usually they're pretty booked. I'll hop on those planes and man, it's I don't see anyry.
Speaker 1: I'm going to ask you something.
Speaker 3: When you say the second flight, do you mean a second leg or the return flight?
Speaker 6: The return flight?
Speaker 1: Did you get bumped on the return flight?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 10: And we had wait so you got bumped again?
Speaker 3: You got bumped again on the return flight, and did you get back on it?
Speaker 1: Or did you really.
Speaker 6: Get good boarding pass with seat numbers?
Speaker 1: We looked at everyone.
Speaker 3: If Sherry, you don't have to tell us that because everyone has a boarding pass with a seat number, even.
Speaker 6: The people they don't they have ten people that had boarding passes with seat zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do that Toime and but Mark. But but what I'm saying is you can get.
Speaker 6: Bumped with a seat, were bumped with the seat?
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I want everyone to know that can happen, because I don't want them to think because they have a boarding pass with a seat, it won't happen. It absolutely can't happen. Yeah, yes, obviously it's happened to you twice. But did you get back on the flight or did they keep you off that flight?
Speaker 1: Coming home?
Speaker 6: We had to go the very the next day.
Speaker 8: They were almost focused onnest.
Speaker 3: Did they accommodate you? Did they give you anything for this?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: So I have to give them credit for they have a policy.
Speaker 8: If it's zero to one hour.
Speaker 6: That you're delayed by being bumped, there's no compensation.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 6: If it's one to two hours, they pay you two hundred percent of the one way fair got it.
Speaker 3: So if you have it round, what did you give Let's just go to the park where you got compensated because you had to stay overnight with So.
Speaker 6: They they gave her a one hundred and seventy four dollars worth of credit and it went we had to go online and everything that we got it back to my credit card.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's not a did they pay for your hotel? No?
Speaker 6: And so, but they gave me nothing because I voluntarily.
Speaker 8: Gave up my seat to be with your mom again.
Speaker 6: Anyway, I wanted a hotel voucher and they said.
Speaker 3: No, Hey, Mark, shoudn't they give him the hotel voucher for bounce?
Speaker 9: Well, I think that's what one hundred and seventy five bucks was part of. Oh, I mean, you can get a hotel cheap.
Speaker 6: And that's why. Yes, that's why. Because it was over two hours. It was four hundred times the flight that they gave us, so in the end it only were very Frugalnred semi hotel ended up.
Speaker 3: Jerry, they're talking hieroglyphics to me. It was four hundreds of flight.
Speaker 9: What does that mean for it was they gave ever four times okay, four.
Speaker 1: Times the flight one.
Speaker 8: Way ticket price and how much is that?
Speaker 6: Well she only she only paid like fifty dollars each way.
Speaker 1: So that's where one hundred and seventy five bucks comes. Oh oh man, this is weird. Yeah, but it happens.
Speaker 3: So now, Sherry, what can we do for you? What are you looking for? You just want to tell people about.
Speaker 6: It or what I want to inform people about that. Even though you have a boarding pass, like you said, it's you don't know if you have a seat, you don't, so less and learn, get the itinerary together, get a round trip ticket so it costs more. But anyway, the other thing is these poor employees. When we were in Phoenix, they had three more flights that they had way over.
Speaker 8: Booked, so they had.
Speaker 6: Like ten to fifteen people each flight that they were disgruntling. And those poor employees had to deal with all these people, you know, and I think it's bad business.
Speaker 5: Pross.
Speaker 3: Frontier is the the we get the most complaints about Frontier.
Speaker 1: Now, Mark flies front the cheap that's right.
Speaker 6: That they're cheap and you can use them in the way you want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. I mean, I don't know what people expect.
Speaker 9: When they fly Frontier or Spirit What what do you expect like a captain's chair and a Mark Green You.
Speaker 3: Know, later this month, when I do that Daddy Daughter trip I told you about, I'm taking Frontier for the first time.
Speaker 1: In a long time.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I mean it's you know, they're uncomfortable seats, their luggage.
Speaker 1: They charge for everything.
Speaker 9: But once you know this system, there's nothing cheaper out there exactly.
Speaker 6: I guess you want to make awareness the managers what they're putting their employees through. And two people that if you have a boarding pass with the seat, it doesn't really mean.
Speaker 1: You're going to get you get a boarding pass. But Mark, I bought a ticket, Well, you.
Speaker 9: Can't guarantee I'm guarantee seat and baggage. Yeah, twenty yeah, you're fine twenty four hours before if well, if you picked a seat out, you have it, so there's no problem.
Speaker 1: But if you they said they would take here's what they said.
Speaker 3: The guaranteed seat one is where they pick a seat for you.
Speaker 1: And your partner together.
Speaker 3: Okay, my daughter and but it's called guaranteed seat and baggage.
Speaker 1: Cool and let them do it. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: I don't know how much were the tickets out of curiosity mine they were.
Speaker 3: They were the normal one was going to be like forty nine plus plus plus plus.
Speaker 1: This one will like to twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I just thought I'd just take the chance. But I'm wondering if I could get bumped.
Speaker 1: No, you spent too much.
Speaker 9: You're about that. You spent too much. You're not gonna get bumped. The reason they picked the cheapest ticket out, just like the lady was saying, is because they give that four times or two times. They're not going to pick out a four hundred dollar ticket and give you sixteen hundred dollars. They're going to pick out the nineteen dollar ticket and give you seventy six bucks.
Speaker 1: Okay, gotcha, gotcha.
Speaker 8: All right, exactly in one way, you know.
Speaker 3: Cherry, thank you, No, Sherry, really thank you for laying that honest, because that's something people I don't think really do know that you can think you're fat and happy with a boarding pass and a seat and you can still get bumped. And not only that, but she had to be a stute because she was bumped. Wait, her mom was bumped without her. So if you're traveling with someone and you need help, it can screw you up royally. I'm I'm Tom Martino three three seven one three talks seven or three eight two five five. Don't forget Compass insurance group free insurance checkups. Make sure you're not under insured or paying too much, and they will do this check free and honestly.
Speaker 1: Three ozho three nine nine six nine.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two eight Martino here three oh three seven one three talk sure three seven one three eight two five five Jim is Joe Cannell? Still there, Joe? We got a question after your spot. Joe certified financial planner sells annuities and other things over funding life insurance.
Speaker 1: Just really good plans that you can do.
Speaker 3: Some guy wanted to know specifically, how do you let mess this question?
Speaker 1: How do you roll over a company for oh one K?
Speaker 3: So, if you're working and you're under fifty nine and a half, you have to have that. Your plan has to allow in service rollovers, right.
Speaker 8: That is right.
Speaker 12: But normally Tommy, you know most companies, I would say, like maybe ninety five percent of the companies will allow anybody to supper fifty nine and a half to do a rollover.
Speaker 3: Yes, but before fifty nine and a half, there are people that have a lot of money accumulated and Joe, they may be over, they may be fifty five, and.
Speaker 1: They don't want to ride the roller coaster anymore.
Speaker 3: So if they can get they can do it if they have.
Speaker 1: An in service rollover provision.
Speaker 13: Right, that's right, that is right.
Speaker 3: And then they can still keep it open for future contributions the fore.
Speaker 14: Wa Absolutely, that's right.
Speaker 3: And then over fifty nine and a half they usually can no matter what. Yeah, now, somebody, so they want to know they contact you. Do you do that and contact the people for them and sign the forms or do they have.
Speaker 2: To do that?
Speaker 12: So we have to do it altogether because they do have to have the but you'll show them how to do it. Oh absolutely, I mean I will sit down with them and I'll do.
Speaker 1: That and walk through the whole process.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, Okay, that's what they want to do.
Speaker 1: That's what they wanted to know.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a.
Speaker 14: Real simple process from real.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Joe, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's three oh three sevens of a nine to six.
Speaker 9: Hey, you got to introduce our guest man. I'm liking this guy.
Speaker 3: I know it Nick Nick Nick, Nick Gravina. Now the name Gravina. Everyone knows. The whole family started out years ago.
Speaker 1: Ayah. And if you've lived in Colorado, you do. It's like the tree farm.
Speaker 3: And then and then of course, uh, his dad, Larry, I've known for so many years.
Speaker 1: How long they've been on the referra list? Mark? Oh god? Yeah, years and years? Yeah, now.
Speaker 3: You know, Uh, this is Nick Nick. Welcome and uh when they told me you were coming in, I decided to stay home.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just kidding, Nick, good choice, Thanks.
Speaker 3: For being here. Seriously, I wanted to ask a couple of questions. You were brought into the business. How long twenty five years ago by your dad or how long ago?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I started working from right out of high school in ninety seven while I was going to you know, uh college, and just ended up sticking around. So technically twenty six years I think, whoa, whoa?
Speaker 3: Okay, so now do you pretty much run things? And Larry's kind of on the beach.
Speaker 2: Or what, yes, exactly like literally literally yeah, he's in Cape Coral, Florida.
Speaker 3: So but he is, but but truly his spirits there, he's you consult him all the time, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I talked to him on the way down here this morning. You know, he was excited as reminding him and he's trying.
Speaker 1: To find guys. Are the ones on West Evans correct?
Speaker 3: And is he the one that used to do that obnoxious commercial you know what I'm talking?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we still do it.
Speaker 1: God, oh yeah, his dad says, grad isn't it like an owl? A hooty owl or something? Body those everything?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know anyway? Is that true? In pricing, no one beats you.
Speaker 2: It's not about pricing.
Speaker 1: Well they got everifty lines, bro, they got fifty lines of product, all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they say the greatest, we have the knowledge, we have the history, we have the price ranges, we have the options, we have everything. It's not just about being cheap, It's about everything as a whole.
Speaker 3: Nick is gin is Gina. She was an intern of mine many years ago.
Speaker 9: Is she said that when he sat down in here. Yeah, Gina, that's related. Yeah, that's his sister. Yeah, hey man, how's she doing great?
Speaker 2: I texted her. Mark and I were talking about when she interned for you, and I was trying to figure out how long ago? But it was twenty plus years ago. I think, oh my god, it was so long ago. She was in college.
Speaker 1: What did she do?
Speaker 3: She was an intern market, We had her work on cases. She was mostly at Channel four with me.
Speaker 9: Okay, and then listen to this. Deputy Bow actually went to school with Nick's dad.
Speaker 1: Oh, with Larry.
Speaker 5: Really cool.
Speaker 15: I lived about four houses down from them.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool. Smart.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, while we're while we're introducing this studio, we got Deputy Bow. You just heard, he's been working his butt off. We've got Deputy Doc who always comes through, and of course major Mark Major at the hell there.
Speaker 10: So let's go to.
Speaker 3: The phones, and Jim wants to talk about medical payments, and then we'll come back.
Speaker 1: We we I always have.
Speaker 3: Questions about windows and doors and all of that stuff. So we'll get to you, Nick, and anyone who wants to fact text questions to me. I say facts like an old man. You context five seven seven three nine. That's the iHeart short code or my personal Google email Google number.
Speaker 1: Which comes right to my cell phone.
Speaker 3: And by the way, I want to thank people for not abusing it, honest to goodness, got no insults.
Speaker 9: So why don't you give out your home address too, so they I will snail mail you.
Speaker 1: I will do that right now.
Speaker 3: I'm going to give out my my cell phone seven four seven nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty So, Jim, what's going on with medical payments?
Speaker 16: Can you hear me? Okay?
Speaker 1: I can hear you? Find Jim?
Speaker 16: Okay, great, Hey, tom My daughter is asking me for advice and I'm not sure what advice to give her, so okay, and now I need advice from you. In the past, she has suffered from baso cell carcinoma, and normally the procedure she goes into the dermatologist. The doctor excises the cancer, he sews her up, and then sends her on her way.
Speaker 1: And this how long has she had it, sir?
Speaker 16: Probably off and on for three years? Roughly?
Speaker 1: How is she doing? How is she doings?
Speaker 9: When they find it, they just cut it out. It generally never spreads time, we had a neighbor that had it.
Speaker 1: But it's procedure.
Speaker 3: But but hold on, doc, my son, my brother's father in law is on his deathbed with carcinoma.
Speaker 1: So how does that happen?
Speaker 11: Well, it depends. There's two ways that you describe cancer. One is all the stage, which tells web stage one, two, three, or four, and the other is how malignant it is. So you need a stage and what's called the grade.
Speaker 3: But you can't stay on top of carsonova if you catch it, if it's basil.
Speaker 11: So yeah, what part of the body is it on? Jim?
Speaker 16: Normally the first two were on her chest just above her heart area, and then the third one was on her back on the right side, up her shoulder.
Speaker 1: And do they call them lesions or tumors or what.
Speaker 11: Well, it's just a basis carcinoma, basically a sun spot. So anyway, finish the story.
Speaker 1: So what happened?
Speaker 16: Well, the first two times there was no problem. Like I said, the dars comes in, takes it out, the insurance pays their share. My daughter, you know, makes it the difference. This third time she went in, the doctor cut out the cancer and then he said, I'm going to have my colleague come in and sew you up. And then he walked out the door, and my daughter said, you know what could she say? Okay, sure the doctor came in, nice doctor, she said, he sewed her up and everything was like normal.
Speaker 14: She went home.
Speaker 16: Then I think a month or two later, she gets a bill from the office saying that the second doctor that came in to show her up wasn't covered or didn't take her insurance. Oh so now she has to pay it.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't think they can do that. No, no, you go ahead.
Speaker 11: You just tell them that that's a bait and switch and that the the original doctor was responsible for her care and if he pointed it off on somebody else, then he has to accept what the insurance would have paid the first doctor.
Speaker 1: You know what we're gonna do. We're gonna call in tech insurance. Yeah, we've had this call before, and I'm pretty sure there's a doctor is correct.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there's a couple of things though, if you know beforehand and it didn't go through all the hoops to find out if so and so takes your coverage, that's a different story. But if you go in, if you go in like she did, and they change it during the operation.
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 17: Go?
Speaker 1: Hey, no, don't sew me up on? Wait, I mean it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what can we let's double check out. I think docs on the right track marks on the right track, for sure, But I want to hear. I want to hear what Integer tells you to do as well. Jim, do you know what group it was?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 16: She's told me, but I can't remember. I didn't write it down. It's a dermatology department just offer Parker Road. But I'm sorry I couldn't tell you the name of the call.
Speaker 14: Right.
Speaker 1: Hold on, bro hold on, hold on.
Speaker 3: We're gonna call Integra Insurance, our health insurance experts and just get them on real quick. Somebody over there if we can, uh, Kachina, try to get that done, and then we're gonna take a quick break and then and do that. Water pros, by the way, water pros on that they're rocking and rolling right now with these water systems. Oh my goodness. These are the water softening and whole house water softening and conditioning, and then you get the reverse osmosis drinking water at the kitchen, saying this is an unbelievable deal. Now water Pros they sell them for together. They would sell them for a little over five grand or something. Now they're doing them for thirty one ninety five. You have to understand even the five rand's a deal. Now they're doing them for thirty one to ninety five. And get this, Plumbers would start at fifteen grand for these two systems. I promise you Waterpros dot net three O three eight six two five five five four go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to listen your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hey Tom Martinez here three all three seven one three talks seven one.
Speaker 3: Three eight two five five. John Jones Junior is with Integra Insurance. They're busier than a one armed paper hanger right now because it is open enrollment or they're getting ready for open enrollment through December. And uh, John Jim has a very simple question. So his daughter's in surgery and has some carcinoma removed, and the dermatologist walks out, and another colleague came in and sewed her up. Her insurance Uh says, wait a minute, we're gonna pay for your dermatologists.
Speaker 1: He's in network. We're not paying for that other guy. Have you ever heard that?
Speaker 13: Sure?
Speaker 1: Well, what is it? Is it wrong?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 12: That's what ye.
Speaker 18: So so Colorado first passed a bill against this from no surprise billing or legislation as far as dealing with no surprise billing, and now now it's at the federal level as well, so so nationwide. And so there are ways to dispute it. You know, I certainly start with the insurance company. Uh, it's and explain. I'm sure he has.
Speaker 1: But if I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Jim, did you what did you say when your insurance company said we're not paying it?
Speaker 16: Well, it's my daughter. When she called the insurance company, they said that the second doctor, the one that came in something about that doctor did not have the proper credentials. I'm not sure what that means, and that the insurance won't cover that bill for that doctor.
Speaker 3: Well, then that's then I would say it's on her dermatologists.
Speaker 11: It might have been a medical student that was doing an internship there and hang it out and if you know, if it was a medical student, there's nothing wrong with having a senior medical student stitch up a wound. But obviously he's not a doctor and he wouldn't be covered by the insurance, so that may have been what happened.
Speaker 3: Okay, so docs, So the way I look at it, that's on the dermatologist absolutely.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What do you think it is?
Speaker 18: Also just just for all listeners, it's always best practice to be as diligent as possible when you're having things like that done out patient surgery, whatever it is, that you're having those conversations with the office with the doctor to ensure that anyone who walks in there, that's right, that's right. I mean, unfortunately, that's a lot a lot of that responsibility is put on us as patient.
Speaker 3: But I think it's incumbent on the provider. I don't think it should be put on us once you get authorization.
Speaker 18: Of course, now there's also if there continues to be an issue with this if you go to the deal. Why there is if you have a complaint about a doctor or other healthcare provider, especially for issues involving inappropriate billing that may be in violation of Colorado's Health Insurance ARI billing protection, there's a specific spot on the DOI website where you can file a complaint with the Division of Professions and Occupations.
Speaker 19: Okay, And what department is that?
Speaker 16: The Division of Dora.
Speaker 18: So if you go to the Division of Insurance Colorado Division of Insurance and you click file a complaint, and you scroll down, you'll see it's under the big blue rectangle that says click here to file an insurance complaint. If you look under that, it says, if you have a complaint about a doctor or other health insurance provider, okay, that you think could be involved in inappropriate billing.
Speaker 1: Right and door.
Speaker 3: When I said Dora, that's the mother load, that's the Department of Regulatory Agencies. But underneath that you have then the individual ones that regulate all of the others, and the Insurance Commission has a site all onto themselves, right John, Yes.
Speaker 11: Sir, and make sure that you call the Dermotolity office and get the name of the person who did the stitching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just but basically, I don't think they're going to come after you for it now while I have you on the phone, John, when does open enrollment officially start?
Speaker 18: So open enrollment for individuals and families underage sixty five who buy their own health insurance that starts November first, Okay, annual enrollment. Annual enrollment is for Medicare that's like Medicare advantage medic Yeah, yah, chription drug plans that starts October fifteenth.
Speaker 3: But in either case, it's not too soon for people to call you, right, No, it's not too soon.
Speaker 18: I mean, we can't really quote IFP twenty twenty five plans i F is individual family plans, So the underage sixty five it'll probably be a couple more weeks before we're able to quote twenty twenty five rates. But they're certainly welcome to call. We can start having conversations exactly.
Speaker 1: On what they need and all of that.
Speaker 3: So what I tell people is I never and maybe this seems silly, but I've trusted you guys, for so many years, I have never ever looked for insurance. You guys come to me and say, this is good, this is good, this is good. In fact, I didn't even know I had a problem. John, You guys saved me five hundred freakin' bucks a year on just one supplement.
Speaker 1: But here, what's the weird thing.
Speaker 3: I don't understand, John, I got the same supplement, but I save five hundred dollars. How did the same great supplement? How did I go out and back in and save money?
Speaker 18: It just depends on you know, if different carriers they can close the block, things like that that allows you to get back into if you're on a plan, g if you medically qualified, and keep in mind, if you're on a Medicare supplement, you have to medically qualified right to change your supplement. Right, we have to answer some questions there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they interviewed me.
Speaker 18: Even if you've been on one plan for several years and you're still wealthy, maybe it's worth giving a call and saying, okay, let's look to see if I can get back into that same plan.
Speaker 13: Right at that and at a different rate.
Speaker 3: Absolutely exactly exactly so, your dad says, Tom, I know you're with I think as well all be. They're great people and you can go back to them, but we have another plan with them that's cheaper, that has the same benefits. And I said, well, let's do it, and you said, but you're gonna have to qualify.
Speaker 1: If not, you keep what you have.
Speaker 3: But see, these are things these guys tell you about and coach you, and that's what's important. Uh So I urge you don't ever do it alone. Three h three four six six fifty five hundred is their number. Four sixty six fifty five hundred. INTEGRT Insurance dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, you're Troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So, Nick Gravina, I got some questions for you on your fifty lines of windows. Now do you have somebody wants to know if you have clad windows?
Speaker 1: Yes, vinyl windows.
Speaker 3: Or fiberglass windows or what kind of frames?
Speaker 1: Do you have?
Speaker 2: Any and all of them?
Speaker 1: Okay? Now multiples of each of them? Okay, what do you like?
Speaker 3: I know that professionally, I've looked at these over the years and I don't think. I think, I don't think there's anyone better than the other. I don't like, by the way, anything would at all. That's just my own personal preference. Wood just doesn't hold up in Colorado. I like clad, that's okay if you cover the wood.
Speaker 9: But are all.
Speaker 3: Clad windows wood underneath or are they other things underneath?
Speaker 2: Most of them when they're clad, they are a wood based window. So they all have pros and cons. That's why we sell them all. You know, some is color, some's aesthetics, some strength, some is beauty. It just depends, you know. Truthfully, at the end of the day, I am a woodclad guy. I love the beauty of wood. I think it's great. I think it has some of the best paint properties for the Colorado weather. But it is on the upper echelonce, you know. But we have something for everybody. And again, some people like yourself, don't like wood. They've had bad experience.
Speaker 1: No, no, I don't mind. The clad would, but I wouldn't. I hate what regular would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, And then we have people that you know, vinyl has such a bad name out there because of the cheap builder. But there's fantastic vinyl out there too, you know. Again, it's just people feed into it. You know, five glass has great properties. There's composits out there that are fantastical.
Speaker 1: I don't I'm gonna ask, if you were putting windows in your house, what would you use?
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm not saying the other ones are bad, but what would you use?
Speaker 2: I mean? What I put in my house was our highest grade vinyl. That was the most insulated window that we could find.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you very much. I'm Tom Martine.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation comparison, call Compass Insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 1: Find out now three O three seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twent two.
Speaker 2: Ripped.
Speaker 10: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 19: Come running, just as as can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help coming. Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 3: Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino Here three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five here to help you solve problems, answer questions taking place, make your life a little easier. So let's get to the phones and see what we can do for you. Okay, Now, one thing I want to mention. We have a guest today, Nick Gravina from Gravina Windows and Siding, and they are on West Evans and UH have been fine in Denver.
Speaker 1: As long as I have been longer.
Speaker 3: So I believe the dad, the granddad started this seventy two and then Larry Grevina went.
Speaker 1: To work for his dad.
Speaker 2: In Height.
Speaker 3: He started his own company. He went to work in seventy two and started his own company in eighty eight. If I had that correctly, sounds correct anyway? Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Deputy Bow has an update and we need to talk about that one. I got to find that original call, Deputy Bow, which one was?
Speaker 15: It came in on Wednesday, September twenty fifth. Uh, he bought some tickets in June to the Alan Jackson concert and yes, I remember.
Speaker 3: That act and they recently because he got an email saying the tickets were transferred to a guy named Josh Loop and with a Gmail address, and did someone someone hacked in? We heard to what five thousands?
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a lot of five million.
Speaker 1: Sorry five million accounts.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I don't think it was Richard. It wasn't Richard's fault, but they did transfer the ownership of the tickets to I think.
Speaker 5: A burner email and what happened. So I was able.
Speaker 15: I made a few phone calls and I was able to They wouldn't talk to me, but I had the email of my request to the immediate department of Ticketmaster and they sent me an email back there very nice. They said they would look into the issue. I called the Richard Todd and said, just be patient. I think we can get somewhere with this. And the very next day they restored his tickets back.
Speaker 5: To his phone so he can go to the Alan.
Speaker 15: Jackson concert whoever he is in January twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: And this was a nineteen hundred dollars value.
Speaker 15: So I think you should pull your dinger out for that one.
Speaker 1: My dinger was already out in my hand when you said that, so I was able to and I do think tm I tom too much information. All right, hey, Bo, that's really that's great. Bo is to listen on this other one you're working on. Le let's just get it out to God. It sucks. So this Garcia guy, justin Garcia, what's an update, let's talk about it. I know that I know that Dmitri helped a little, but I know that you've been really spearheading this, So take it away, Bo. What's going on?
Speaker 15: So the latest is we finally got the right district attorney. This happened that they all passo district attorney is responsible for this jurisdiction.
Speaker 5: In this area.
Speaker 15: But Carol called the DA would not do anything till a replice report was made. So she did call the police actually a month ago and out a report going. So we're trying to get a copy of the report, and I told Carol they're kind of Kloro Springs police is kind of dragging her feet on report.
Speaker 5: So I told her she needs to.
Speaker 15: Even go to the station today and get a copy of this police report about Justin Garcia's theft of sixty two thousand dollars so the district attorney and al Paso can start working on it. Dimitri was very instrumental in finding a local lawyer up here in Parker, Colorado that's willing to talk to her pro bono about starting action against Garcia.
Speaker 3: Listen, this Garcia guy. He was all big mouth, big big mouth, talking about how honest he is and how we have it all wrong. He's gone curiously silent, hasn't he. Yes, he wanted to make in all kinds of threats, wasn't he.
Speaker 15: He threatened me for slander, you slander, and he said he was going to come onto the show, but he actually did call in, but he called into the wrong the wrong show.
Speaker 5: So I left him my message and I said we're here from ten to two.
Speaker 15: I gave him them phone numbers to call in and stay chure side of the story.
Speaker 5: So you're not going to be slandered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just don't call in.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna tell you. I know you're listening justin Garcia. You need to call in and better.
Speaker 1: He's a scumbag.
Speaker 20: Remember I took that call, guys. He called in during Dan Caplis and he stayed on for half an hour, and I actually put him on hold multiple times to take other callers because Jan Caplis takes calls, and he stayed through. But inevitably he said nope, we're going to handle this in court, and that's where you'll hear my voice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he is a scumb gumbag. Now here's what I want you to do. I want you to call this scumbag and tell him you heard about him. You're going to pass the word around, try to get online and make as many reviews as you can based on this case. Seven to one, nine, five, seven, one zero.
Speaker 1: Four three seven.
Speaker 3: He goes by several names, Patriot Building, Patriot Remodeling Services, and Patriot Remodeling Services LLC. And also this the latest one what was the name of that omnate.
Speaker 17: Architecture, Engineering and construction?
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. That's it.
Speaker 3: This guy is truly a piece of garbage. So justin Garcia, I told you, come.
Speaker 1: After me, bro, get your attorney. Who's your attorney? Let's talk.
Speaker 3: I want to tear you up and then chew you up and spit you out like that garbage you are. In fact, I don't think i'd chew you up because you're so disgusting. I think instead we just put you straight in the trash.
Speaker 5: I'd like to give out his his address.
Speaker 3: Tom Well, I'm hesitant, okay. I don't want crazy. Look, I don't want people saying, you know, we heard about you, you're a scumbag, you sold sixty two grand I don't want people trying to take matters into their own hands, as far as injury to this guy or anything.
Speaker 1: Obviously, So we need.
Speaker 15: To keep calling his phone number, filling professionally.
Speaker 3: We got to shut him down. So we got to shut him down. Yes, seven one nine five seven, one zero four three seven. What tell me what happens when you call that number? Did anyone call lately seven one nine five seven one zero four three seven?
Speaker 5: You can leave a voice. I called the other day.
Speaker 15: The voicemail was full, but I think a lot of our loyal listeners were calling in to the number.
Speaker 1: But do you have an email that I do not? Oh yeah, he does, he does. Here it is ready.
Speaker 3: I think de found this Patriot Remodeling Services LC at gmail dot com. I'm going to put that up on YouTube and I want you guys. I want you guys to email Justin the scumbag. That's what I'm writing, and I'm gonna give it right here.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 17: And Tom, Yes, there's also a private detective who contacted me on Monday night and he volunteered to help us research Justin Garcia's background.
Speaker 1: And see if he has any assets exactly.
Speaker 17: And he already sent me about a dozen screenshots of the information he found. So Justin, if you're listening, please write a check. There's a freight try No.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, We're going to get him. I want to get him arrested. This this is a crime. I don't care what you say. This is a crime. This is a crime. You steal money. What are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: At least that's my opinions.
Speaker 3: Anybody else have another opinion on that. Can you possibly say it's not? And by the way, way I want you guys to, uh do me a favor. I got a text here saying when they call, they don't get anything. Now somebody got a busy signal. Nobody's emailed yet.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 3: Three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five is our number now on this thing. I just want you to know we're not going to give up on it now. We had another problem we're going to come back to on the residential mail delivery, and that had to do with was it Bailey, you know what was the what was the section or area?
Speaker 1: Just tell me that.
Speaker 17: So the town is called Bellevue.
Speaker 3: Bellevue, Yeah, and the postal people at Bellevue are liars and we're going to tell you about that and we we we ratted them out, and uh, I'm going to give you the results coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Let's continue our fifestivities here with any questions you might have. I have some texts for Nick Gravina Gravina Windows dot com. All right, we talked about frames. You have clad, you have aluminum, you have vinyl, you have fiberglass, you have wood windows right correct, and you have them all. Now as far as the glass, the IGU, the insulated glass unit.
Speaker 1: Someone wants to know your take on the low E film. Is it worth it? Do you like the low E?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? And there's different types of low E, So being talked about that being educated in Lowe is very important. I think I think there's a lot of companies out there that are not educated. They just say, hey, it has low e. They don't know the different properties that are you know, gonna be better for the homeowner and how the house reacts in g efficient wise. So you know, most people we have like a two coat or a three coat system, and everybody calls it something different.
Speaker 1: Does it wear off?
Speaker 2: It shouldn't know. It's it's an actual you know, silver oxide that's that's sprayed on the glass that's in between the two sealed units. So it should never wear off because it's actual metal flake, you know. But the two coats going to give you some some solar reflection, but the three coats going to give you even more. So if you have no trees and west and south facing and you just get cooked, you want to go into that three coat process. And when you go up into the mountains sometimes you know, you don't want to reflect the solar, you want to accept it. And then we do an inboard lowy which helps retain the heat on the interior. So knowing all the different combinations of all that stuff actually really helps improve the overall experience instead of just taken the base package, or if it's a new salesman at a company that doesn't know anything, you know, it's We try to educate all our customers excuse me on you know, the Lower East, so to make sure that they understand what they're getting and what's best for them, because they're the ones who live there and we don't.
Speaker 1: Can you, Tom, can you weigh in on the argne gas?
Speaker 2: I think argone gas is great. We use it in our vinyl products. We do not use it in our fiberglass or claud products. My reasoning behind that is most people, or most of the manufacturers, we have a cap at five thousand feet for argon. We're just barely above that here, you know, at the fifty two to eighty city the vinyl I do it in because the vinyl's more pliable.
Speaker 1: So I feel, what does what does ar gone gas do in these window units?
Speaker 2: So it's a clear nert gas that's you know, about three to four times more dense than air. So just like if you have an empty cavity between your two by four walls and your house, it's kind of like putting that fiberglass insulation area. It helps slow the process of the energy transfer, so it takes longer for the transfer to go through on the energy. One of the best examples I've ever been told was if you're standing on a diving sort of a pool with no water in it, and you drop a bowling ball that's air, you fill it up with water, that bowling ball hits and slowly sinks, and that bowling ball is kind of what the energy would do. It just takes longer for that transfer to happen.
Speaker 1: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: It also helps with sound, so it's really good. But we do not put them in our fiberglass or clad windows here because those are more rigid frames, and I do believe you're gonna have more premature seal failures and or more stress cracks because the frames are stronger than the glass at that point.
Speaker 3: Very interesting, very interesting. Okay, I want to go back to the phones here. People give us a call if you have any questions on anything today or a problem question or complain, don't let it faster. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight.
Speaker 1: Two five five.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get back to that post office thing. Yes, I promise you that, but I want to go to Rodney.
Speaker 1: Rodney, go ahead, good morning. Hey.
Speaker 14: I just wanted to let.
Speaker 7: Well, I just wanted to let you know that there is an individual named Gary Crocker that is presenting himself as the official publisher's Clarenhouse Winter's Circle sent me a beautiful article about Winner's Circle.
Speaker 1: Now, hold on, so you're saying this is a scam.
Speaker 14: Oh, yes, it is a scam.
Speaker 3: And what the guy? He did obviously a fake name? What did he give you a name on the phone?
Speaker 7: He gave me a well his name, he has a real name. But he did send me a picture of him with the driver's license because I questioned him.
Speaker 21: Wait, wait, wait, so what's his name, Gary Crocker?
Speaker 3: And where what kind of a driver's license is a Colorado?
Speaker 14: It was a Nevada driver's license.
Speaker 1: Okay this picture? Suppose did he call you first?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? And what did he promise?
Speaker 7: He promised me a eight million dollars and five five thousand dollars a week and a nu.
Speaker 1: Mer Say, so did he say you want I was.
Speaker 14: A wonder number one winner? Yes?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 1: And what did you have to do to get it?
Speaker 7: Well, at the bottom of the letter down here, it says, in order to receive that, you have to have to register it. And in order to do that.
Speaker 1: That was five million, right, And what's to see.
Speaker 14: To phast three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you pay it? Well, that's a hell of a bargain. Yeah, what idiot's not going to pay that to get five million?
Speaker 7: So what was so funny? It was last night I was online with him and I saw him a picture of him in the background, which is a guy I guess from Puerto Rico, Sandwand or someplace. But anyway, the picture that's on his driver's license is a white guy and he's a Caribbean individual. But they think of what was that three hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: Damn foreigners.
Speaker 7: I'll yeah, he said, well, I'll pay the two hundred and you only pay one hunding.
Speaker 14: So I said, did you pay?
Speaker 1: If I put up the money, will you split the five million with me?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 21: I will.
Speaker 1: Do you have hold on? Seriously? Do you have a number for this guy?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, phone numbers here, but uh no, can I call him?
Speaker 1: I want to call him?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I've got they list their phone numbers.
Speaker 3: Hold on, don't, don't, don't, don't, don't give it to me on the air. I want you to give it to Kachina off the air.
Speaker 1: Do it right now.
Speaker 3: Hold on, Katchina, get this number down I'm sure this is this guy off shore, and I'm sure I can take the chance of exposing this.
Speaker 1: Son of a person. Nick Kravina, another quick question for you, Yes, sir, somebody just texted this. Is it true that the gas just leaches out in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Anyway and you don't ever end up using it? I mean, you know ar gone gas.
Speaker 2: Again, they say it can dissipate, you know, they say it can be anywhere from a half to one percent per year. Most windows to be considered argunfilled or ninety percent full. So you know, if you can get the use out of it for the first ten twenty years, I do think it's worth it. But yes, I do think it will dissipate over time.
Speaker 1: But I do think we ever combine ar gone gas with the low E all the time, and how much more does it give you than just the.
Speaker 2: Low E as far as energy efficiency? Yeah, it can lower the U factor on a window, which is the overall efficiency of the window by zero point zero three point oh four percent, which are not percent, a factor which can actually relate to a lot. Wow, So are Gone argne is definitely helpful. Like I said, it's kind of like insulation in your walls.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is uh Nick Gravina from Gravina Windows dot com Gravina Windows and Siding. We've known them for many many years. There are guests today. If you have any questions for him and anywhere else, let us know. I'm going to also get an update on this. I'm going to promise you the post office update, and then we're also going to talk about uh this publisher's clearinghouse. I'm going to call this clown, this Gary Crocker, which is a crock in and of itself, and so just stay tuned. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine you're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So I'm gonna call this guy, Shannon. Are you there, Shannon.
Speaker 1: I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call him because I am not gonna let these ripoffs do this in my town. And I know we and I know we can do it. I'm gonna do it because I'll tell you why I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna do it because he's this is an out of this is a.
Speaker 1: Weird area code, obviously out of the country, weird connection.
Speaker 3: I even hope my Google can do it, but I'm gonna I'm gonna do it. I hope it rings. Let's see her, can I hear it?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 8: Say your name after the tone, and Google Voice will try to connect you.
Speaker 1: Tom Martino, Come on, mister Crocker. Mister Crocker, where's Betty? Come on, mister Crocker.
Speaker 2: The Google subscriber you have called is not available, of course, a message after the tone.
Speaker 3: Mister Crocker, This is Tom Martino. My uncle Rodney said he's a winner of the Publisher's Clearinghouse. And since you were so kind to even send your license, I told him.
Speaker 1: We got to do this. I mean it's we're one hundred dollars to do this. So please call me back, and I would love to like wire you or get you the money or however you want it. So please call me back.
Speaker 3: Okay, you probably captured my number, but I'll give it to you anyway. It's seven of seven sevens.
Speaker 1: Hold on, it's nine seven yeah, seven.
Speaker 3: Four seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty. I'm sorry. I had a few teenies for breakfast. Uh So if you can call me back, I would really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: All Right, we'll see what happens, folks. We have a quick question for you, Nick. From a texture, I am looking for a new sliding glass door that uses dissimilar glass where the inside pain and outside pain are different thickness to help with road noise.
Speaker 1: I've never even heard of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 3: Up wait wait wait, wait, you you actually know what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, So what is he talking about?
Speaker 2: So we have STC packages now, which is sound control transmittance, so a lot of them now they've they've figured out that if we do an eighth inch on the exterior pane and a three sixteenth on the inboard pain it breaks up sound in different ways, so the sound transmittance is a lot less and it's actually very affordable at that point instead of they used to have to go to laminated glass, which was very expensive. And so this is kind of a new way of deadening the sound without breaking the bank.
Speaker 3: Okay, wow, And speaking of that, we had another text guy, ask how you feel about tinting windows.
Speaker 2: Tinting is a weird term for me. If it's the actual kind of like old car tent where you put like, you know, a brown or I don't.
Speaker 3: Even know what they mean, but let's let's explore that. Do they come as regular?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Do you ever get Can you get windows that are slightly tinted from the factory?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean so if it's tinted for us, it's actually a colored glass, like an actual colored glass.
Speaker 3: It's better man that would never fade or chip or peel or anything.
Speaker 2: Right, So if you put an aftermarket or a third party actual like kind of car film and you have a window with LOWI, they could fight each other and it could cause that glass unit to have a heat fracture. So sometimes if you put on external films, it can actually have a reverse effect and be more damaging to the window. So you really got to do your research.
Speaker 3: To see the ones that come from the factory. You really can get windows that are darkened a little.
Speaker 2: Oh, we can get almost anything you can think of. We can get mere glass, bronze, gray, blue, anything you really want.
Speaker 1: Wow, that is wonderful. Seriously, I mean I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Now can you get that in like any window line or do you have to limit the lines?
Speaker 1: Obviously?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a limited line on that that kind of product there. Again, when people ask us, hey, you know, it's it's intent chair. You know, it's like is it the sun or is it the glare?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: So is it the heat coming in or is it the glare of the sun, Because there are two different things to us. Do we want to block the heat or do we want to block the the you know, the actual the light, Yeah, the brightness, and it's usually the heat. So that's when we do those triple coat low E's that we talked about earlier, and we even have a different one that we can go more stream with that. But to actually do tint in in the windows or colored glass. It's very far and few in between, once we educate them on what it really is.
Speaker 3: Okay, now the post office, let's go back to that problem. And I'm going to go to our wide shot here and we'll talk about that. So let's talk.
Speaker 1: About this what this uh, this situation? What is going on with the postal service?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: And tell us about the original post office call.
Speaker 17: Well, the consumer named Rocky called in yesterday and the two primary issues he had with the Bellevue Post Office is number one, the carrier left him a handwritten note saying that because he has not received mail at this address for two years, they will no longer deliver mail to that address.
Speaker 1: It's like a vacation home.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's a second home that he and his family uses.
Speaker 3: So he was left to note, literally left to note saying because you get such intermittent mail, we can no longer deliver here.
Speaker 1: Yes, a bunch of garbage.
Speaker 17: It turned out to be a mistake a lot part of the go ahead. And the second problem that he wanted to address was that the local he said it was the local postmaster, but somebody at that local post office told him that he's not allowed to maintain two residential addresses in the United States.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine being told that garbage? Okay, so two lies. Well we found out what did you do? You contacted the main post guy.
Speaker 17: Yeah, I developed the contact deep deep, deep inside the post office, and this gentleman was very enthusiastic about helping us out. And it looks like he took care of the problem yesterday.
Speaker 1: Was he with media relationship?
Speaker 2: Yes, he was.
Speaker 17: Actually yep, and he's actually mentioned that he's talked to you a few years over the years. But he's such a great resource for us.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 17: And so the consumer just a few minutes ago sent me an email that he actually got a call yesterday from a supervisor at the USPS, and the USPS supervisor contacted the Bellevue Post Office and set them straight on both of those issues. And the short version is.
Speaker 3: I saw the email. It was damn right. They set them straight. They told him what are you talking about?
Speaker 17: Yeah, So the consumer has been reassured that he's allowed to maintain two residential addresses in the United States, and more importantly, he was reassured that his mail delivery to his second home that's served by the Bellevue Post Office will go uninterrupted, or at least they will resume.
Speaker 9: The caller wasn't lying at all. The post office was full of crap.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mark, can you believe that that they would t such not?
Speaker 9: I told you I can believe it because I lived in Franktown when we had the worst post office in the entire world.
Speaker 1: Oh and there was one more fallacy that was told.
Speaker 17: Oh about the maximum weight for any.
Speaker 3: He said they can't carry any they can't deliver heavy stuff.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so that's been a resolved to the post office in Bellevue has been reminded by Post Office headquarters that they need to deliver packages that are up to seventy seven zero pounds in weight.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They frank Town did that to me as well.
Speaker 9: We had dog food that was on auto order from Amazon, and all of a sudden they stopped delivering it, and they told me they're not allowed to deliver packages over forty pounds.
Speaker 7: Wrong.
Speaker 9: Wrong, I know it's wrong, but that's what I'm saying. All these seventy lies through their teeth.
Speaker 1: Isn't seventy pounds?
Speaker 17: Seventy pounds is the limit?
Speaker 9: Makes me want to just go order a bunch of dog food for the hell of it right.
Speaker 1: Now now, seriously? Is that terrible or what?
Speaker 3: Anyway, I gotta take a break, Mark, Can you.
Speaker 1: Can you handle these for me? Please?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta make a phone call. Okay, we got more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hey Tom Martino, you're a troubleshooter three all three seven on Talk seven one three eight two five five. Okay, we have.
Speaker 3: Nick Gravina with us from Gravina Windows dot com. But also we have a lot of other things going on, and I'm trying to call this guy, uh and he just doesn't answer. He didn't call me back. But I do have another text for Nick.
Speaker 9: Well, the message you left a guy probably knows it's a setup, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know. I mean because you were just cocky in it. I mean, wouldn't you think they know a mark by now?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Okay, here's what I want to know. And by the way, Kachina are are have we ever gotten through to our accountants yet? Because that undoing the quick claim deed? When we talk to our estate planning attorney said we need to talk to an accountant.
Speaker 1: They still have not answered me.
Speaker 3: I'll come on, I'm gonna text him as say what the hell is going on?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 3: Weeping windows I don't mean crying, but okay, what does it mean? Somebody wants to know when they're getting moisture on their windows on the inside.
Speaker 2: It just kind of depends if they can draw like a smiley face on it. It means that there's too much humidity within the home.
Speaker 3: And yeah, the water is actually gathering they said, on the sill of so much water on the or on the bottom of the the pane or something.
Speaker 2: Right, So if it's inboard and it ends up settling, Usually people have blinds closed, especially right now. Two point is high with the changing of seasons. So when the drapes are closed, you're blocking off the heat getting to the window, and then when you open them and then the cold just like a you know any type of soda can you know, you crack it from being cold, you get the condensation point and so it's going to collect on the glass. Now.
Speaker 3: I don't remember when, but we had a complaint one time that they never had weeping windows until they got a brand new windows, and then it started why would that happen? Technically, I'm not saying I think I remember it accurately.
Speaker 1: Can that happen? I should ask you?
Speaker 2: Of course it can. And again it's what it's actually saying is your windows are actually working because now there's no air movement to get that water to go away, So you've actually got a very tightly sealed window and now you're just pumping too much moisture, usually from a humidity.
Speaker 3: You ever had a complaint like that after putting in new windows and they think it's something wrong with the window.
Speaker 2: We get complaints about it all the time.
Speaker 3: And then you have to explain, so what do they do about the inside moisture?
Speaker 2: Well, so a lot of people run a humidistat and there in their furnace, and there's there's actually a chart we can send people with how cold it is outside, with how much relative humidity you can pump into your house. Yeah, and that helps control because some people will run it at sixty percent humidity, you know. So that's like taking a shower and saying, I don't want to have any moisture on my mirror. So we have to educate them because it's a science, right, we get the same thing on the outside, you know, due point when we're getting going to get below freezing here, soon, sun's gonna pup up, vapor's gonna come off the bushes outside. You're gonna see it on the glass. Even though it's on your house, you're siding your brick, you only see it on the glass.
Speaker 1: You know, Mark, I disagree with you. Nick's not not just a pretty face.
Speaker 9: I mean he's I can tell he's a he's a hell of a good time at a party. I mean, he knows a lot of windows. I got a question though, Yeah, go ahead, why double or triple pain?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know, you know what.
Speaker 3: That's one of the texts we had. Does it make a difference go ahead.
Speaker 1: No, No, not even that, though I'm going somewhere else.
Speaker 9: Why instead of having three or two thin pieces of glass in the same window, why not a one inch thick piece of glass.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be a much higher R rating.
Speaker 2: No, the dead air space is what helps you with that.
Speaker 1: That's what helps with ther.
Speaker 3: Just I want to talk about the triple versus double and if it's worth it, and all of that's coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three h three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're contents.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Ripped.
Speaker 9: You needed that so you don't have.
Speaker 10: Come running as fast as cam.
Speaker 17: No shoot is gonna help come.
Speaker 1: This is the Troubleshoe Show. Now Tom Martino, Hi, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Here to help you solve all your problems if we can, and give you expert advice on almost everything going on in the world when it comes to your consumer life.
Speaker 1: So welcome to the show. Uh, we have a call right now. I'm not surprised to have. I'll bring in the studio right now so we can because I'll tell you it's Uh, it's something we hear about all the time, and.
Speaker 3: That is Champion Windows. So let's bring up our caller here, and uh, what's going on?
Speaker 11: Ron?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 14: Tom?
Speaker 12: Hey?
Speaker 1: What he have?
Speaker 21: We purchased a new entry door with a screen door from Champion Windows during COVID and I understand that it cook couple of years to get it given that, but we've had nothing but problems.
Speaker 14: With the screen door.
Speaker 21: Now the sliding screen is broken and they tell me they have the part, but they now.
Speaker 1: It's the screen door.
Speaker 3: It's the screen door you're having a problem with. Yes, okay, yeah, what what is the real problem with the screen door?
Speaker 21: Well, it doesn't fit right for one thing, and number two, there's a sliding window that comes down and the screen goes up when you put the window down, and the screen broke, so there's no screen on it.
Speaker 1: It's like a roll up screen. It's like a roll up screen.
Speaker 21: Yeah, you can't see it, but when you will put the window down, the screen goes up.
Speaker 14: It fills that space.
Speaker 21: Anyway, they say they have the parts work. They've set three appointments within the last month to come out replace it, and they never show up and never call, and I can't get them on the phone.
Speaker 3: Well, you know that doesn't surprise me. By the way Champion went from hero to zero. I mean, they used to be a pretty decent company. They had a local vice president here or president or market manager, whatever you call him, and he used to do a great job.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how long it's been.
Speaker 3: And then they were taken over by another big company what they call a consolidator. And let's ask Nick Gravina's Nick, do you know? Do you know who took over those clowns.
Speaker 2: I am not sure that Champion was by. I do know they've kind of pulled out of Denver and they were purchased, but I'm not sure.
Speaker 13: On that one.
Speaker 2: I apologize, but but.
Speaker 1: I will tell you this, they suck. Yeah, I mean I don't.
Speaker 3: This does not surprise me. Do you know what kind of window he's talking about? What kind of doores talk about, Nick? Or is that exclusive to Champion?
Speaker 2: I would assume it's what we would call like a you know, a roll screen door where you know, it kind of stores up in a cartridge in the top and so you know, when it's cold, you can have just pure glass without a screen, and then but you want air, you unlock it. The top pulls down kind of like a reverse single hung screen comes with it. And we've seen those mechanisms, you know, break because they have tension on them. We've seen the screen part itself from the actual window, you know, like the rubber or the disconnect and come apart. So yeah, we've seen the same same type of issues with it.
Speaker 1: So they don't they don't even call you.
Speaker 21: No, You're on hold for a half hour, then automatically goes to voicemail to leave a message, and then they don't call every now and then I get a live person. They send an appointment up and then they don't call or don't show up.
Speaker 1: The appointment God, what a frustrating piece of god.
Speaker 15: Tom, Do you want me to make a call over the sere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard a lot of their their things have gone back east anymore because of the lack of presence here anymore. And so we've been hearing that a lot more lately that it's been a little bit more frustrating.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, you know we should.
Speaker 17: Do, Tom.
Speaker 11: We should get in touch with your friend Dave Logan, he's as spokesman and see if he knows the number we can.
Speaker 5: Call heet some action on this.
Speaker 1: Is he is he folks versus?
Speaker 11: Yeah, he does Champion window commercials all the time. Let's let's let's get in touch with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if he wants to send me an email with a picture of the issue and maybe some some pictures of some tags, I might be able to see if we can jump in and help as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm sure Dave'd be great, doesn't I'm sure Dave doesn't know about it.
Speaker 11: No, no, I'm not.
Speaker 5: But he might know a number that he he deals with that we can.
Speaker 1: Call just and somebody.
Speaker 3: If we can't get through to somebody, I'll let Boat take the lead on this one and we'll see because we we we really do need to establish some kind of a rapport with them.
Speaker 1: They really, I mean, they have to know that they suck. Right now, We've had a boatload of calls from people on half of the last I would say, the last three years. Yeah, definitely, Mark when you say three years.
Speaker 9: Right, Yeah, Well from basically covid on, they've been a nightmare. I mean, I'll say it now, it is. They absolutely are horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think it's since uh Paul Bono left.
Speaker 9: Well, it's whenever the company came in and bought them in about ten other window companies, every all these conglomerates, these hedge funds come in and buy everything.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know, now that doesn't always spell danger, right, but god, so many times.
Speaker 9: We're talking about when Champion went bad. That's when they went bad. You're right, all right, Now, here's what I'd like to do. Hold on and we'll try to get that. Then we have Bill who has a question for on windows. Bill, what is your question?
Speaker 19: Yeah, this is a perfect guest. I can't believe you got them on. I've got I believe that marymac windows that buyers windows put them in and this and the balance spring. I think that's what it's called. Keeps breaking. This is the fourth time it's broken, and it's not a big window. It's just a regul little bathroom window.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so probably a Merrimax windows. Is that what you're speaking of?
Speaker 14: Yes, yes, yeah, so a.
Speaker 2: Merrimax is no longer. They were the local hometown hero for forever since the eighties. They were Bill and Loveland. They did a great job. We used to love them too. They were bought by a company called Cascade. Cascade was bought by a company called ply Gem Ply Gym was bought by a company named Cornerstone. But a Merrimax can still get serviced under the Cascade brand from what I understand. So you know, we've passed some things to there because we used to sell them Marmax windows as well. You know, if you need help on it, you can, you can send us some stuff.
Speaker 19: See what happens this time? This is the last time I've you know, why why would the spring keep breaking? Like the owner came out one time and he goes, well, what do you do use the window?
Speaker 2: The owner of what the company that installed them? Buyers buyers? Yeah, unfortunately, you know I've seen similar stuff you know, sometimes there's just not an answer. But I would probably lean more to some installation over time because usually those things will last quite a long time. But if there's a screw that gets in the way, if there's something that might shred the spring there or the string.
Speaker 19: We replaced all the windows in the house and that's the only one that we've had trouble with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so again, it could be an installation thing if something's bowed in, bowed out, you know, not put in right. Maybe it's putting some pressure on it that it shouldn't be.
Speaker 19: Just I just thought i'd run a buy and see what your opinion was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, unfortunately, we've probably had similar things where we've had one window over the years that you know, we've been out four or five times and it's not what we want. I think it's just kind of an anomaly sometimes. But you know, if you need somebody to take a look at it, you know, we can try to help you out with that.
Speaker 19: Okay, I just thought i'd run it by you and just see me.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: We appreciate that. Bill, And yeah, he's he knows a lot. He's a great guest to have, and I have let's see. Okay, I have another question here.
Speaker 1: Somebody wants to know why they're getting a milky appearance between their pains.
Speaker 2: It's probably hard water stain. They probably have a seal failure. If they cannot clean it off on the inside or outside, it means the seal's probably failed. So they had moisture in between the two paines and then sometimes the milkiness is usually hard water stains.
Speaker 1: How would you know if your seals are busted?
Speaker 2: Usually if you cannot clean it off on the inside pain or the outside pain and it's still there, that seal is broken, because that's us between the two pains or three pains, and that's why I cannot be cleaned.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do Sliding glassdoor generally have two panes as well.
Speaker 2: Yep. Any insulated glass unit can have a failure, and that's usually the case if you cannot clean it on one side or the other.
Speaker 9: We had some window washers out years ago and I got home and it looked like crap. I couldn't believe it. And they said, oh, you have hard water stains and we have stuff.
Speaker 1: To get oh on the outside of that, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 9: I remember that, and they said, well, we've got stuff to get rid of that, but we just don't have it with us. So it makes me wonder if they simply had no idea what they were talking about, because I always thought, if it's on the outside, why wouldn't they be able to clean it?
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, but that's on the outside, I should be able to be cleaned or the inside.
Speaker 1: Right, the two ones morons had no idea how to clean it.
Speaker 2: Well, if it's in between, there's no way to clean it.
Speaker 3: Mark, I know who you're talking about. And they got the window the hard water off of hours on is but time you're not listen to what I'm saying. I bet it was on the inside of the window. Oh, but they didn't realize that what would cause that? Well, but they cleaned both inside and out right.
Speaker 1: No, I mean between the panes. Oh oh oh oh, what could that happen?
Speaker 21: Nick?
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, if you have a seal failure and water gets in there, it can dry from the sun and you're not touching that second or third surface.
Speaker 1: You know, you're absolutely right. I didn't know that. I didn't think about that at some point, Mark, do you have seal failures? Do you think, Well, I.
Speaker 9: Don't know, but it just brought that whole memory up to me, and that would really irritate me if I find out that is because I had a hail claim at that point, and they should have known. I always looked back and went, how did How do they say I have hard water but can't get the stains off?
Speaker 1: How's that possible? I mean they're window cleaners. No, No, They're supposed to be able to get hard water stains on it.
Speaker 9: And it wasn't just on it, it was on that entire side of the house, which is the side that I think got nailed by hail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's possible. I mean there's also windows out there that have exterior coatings that may have gone bad. There's not a lot of them that we use, but it's possible.
Speaker 1: But how do I tell if the seals are broke?
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of times you can't. You know, if you have moisture constantly, Yes, if you see it in the morning and it goes away by nine, usually it's there all the time. Again, cleaning it. I'm pretty good with an eye because I can tell the different surfaces. There's four surfaces in double pain and there's six surfaces and triple pain. I can tell which surface that's on even though there'sy looking at it, just because the glass is so thin, you know, we have to know if hey, are we touching it or is it an eighth inch in? And that's where we can't reach. Wow. Okay, and it's a hard thing to tell, you know, we get the question all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but if the seals break, your windows are pretty much toast right.
Speaker 2: Well, you know again, if we go back to the argone statement, you know, you'll lose that argon. If the low e is still in then the lower.
Speaker 1: Where oyster gets in there and you have that milky stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's more of an aesthetic not being able to look out of it at that time, Right, the lowie will still perform, It might start to oxidize and not look great. So yes, it's more ugly. The performance of the lowie will still be there. The argon will go out, But yeah, you need to replace the glass.
Speaker 9: We had a company years ago. The guy, really nice guy. He actually sold the business and he moved to some foreign country.
Speaker 3: Fifty to eighty window glass and screen fifty two eighty window glass and screen repair.
Speaker 1: He had one. We had a lady call in and she's, you know, fixed budget the whole thing.
Speaker 9: I went out to the house and she had a double pain window, big one something like I don't know ten by ten or not even that big five by five, and only one pain broke, right.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 9: And what they did is they went out and put another pain in. But how would they possibly reseal it. I mean, they did it as a favor just for her, so I'm sure they didn't pump ar gun or anything in there. But I mean, is that a real fix or that generally is going to kill the r value?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: To me, that's more of just a makeshift handyman definitely.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, you take one pain away, you compromise the seal. You know, you may run some type of cocking on the new one to seal to the old one. It's a temporary fix. As far as I'm concerned, ordering a whole new hermetically sealed unit from either the manufacturer or a local glass company would be the better thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Okay, So anyway, we have to take this break and we have more text coming in, but get your calls in as well if you have any on this or any other topic. Three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven to one, three eight two five five go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 10: On top of it.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk three all three seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the show. Let's uh go back to this text. I have people You're.
Speaker 3: Doing a good job texting my private Google number which goes to my cell phone. That's seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two point eighty. I got one here that wants to know have you Does Nick know about the gold tint that you see from the outside It looks really cool. It reflects the sun away that you can put on windows. What is that gold tint someone's talking about.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Sometimes at an angle it looks gold, But that can be that lowy coating. And again, you know, silver's probably the most common, but there's definitely different ones out there, Titanium, nickel, couple of metal flakes, depending on what it is. If you drive down South Colorado Boulevard, there's a big tall building there that has gold glass. And if anybody knows on time out they.
Speaker 1: Drive see that. I've seen that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, drive there at six o'clock at night, and that thing reflects and everybody's car and blinds them. But more than likely it's a low e coating. If it looks normal from the inside staring out, but from an angle on the outside, it's probably a low e coating of some sort.
Speaker 1: All right, and I have this one. I just need two side windows replaced. Okay.
Speaker 3: They want to go from casement to double hung so their blinds don't bang when it's windy.
Speaker 2: I haven't.
Speaker 1: I guess I never thought of that, So a double would I wouldn't. You have the same problem anyway?
Speaker 3: Anyway, They want to know that their question is do you have do you do small jobs just two windows?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do one window. We're one of the only people in town that'll do one window. Really, yeah, I mean we do it just because, you know, what we hope is, you know, we do one window and they like, man, that was great, Let's do the rest of them. You know, where a lot of people have a three window minimum, you know, stuff like that. That's kind of a hard pill for some people to swallow.
Speaker 1: What's a sliding glass door run? Just in general?
Speaker 2: You know, again, we have everything, I mean installed. It can be anywhere from probably two thousand dollars up to I mean we could probably do one for twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's that is a crazy spread though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I mean most normal people with a basic vinyl door, you know, two to four grand maybe you know, installed warranties, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: More people going with French stores or sliders. I would think more have French now, right.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit of both. You know, French doors. If people have sliding doors, they want French doors, and we try to tell them, hey, you know, they're going to argue they're in or out and they forget it that they have a have a dining room table there, you know, or a barbecue grill right or if they go out, you know, the wind's gonna catch it and slam them shut. So we try to educate them on that. Again. Some people do not like sliding doors. They love French stores. Some people vice versa. They've had French doors, they don't want it, and they want a sliding door. So we convert them both all the time.
Speaker 1: So windows, siding doors, interior doors or no nothing interior, all exterior everything, yep. How about and then of course not garage doors, not not not.
Speaker 2: The rollover garage doors, but you know from the kitchen into a garage or from croads to the back door okay to the backyard and the doors door.
Speaker 3: Basically that's what it is, big big front they do front entry doors for sure, entry doors, storm doors, security.
Speaker 1: Or a big one.
Speaker 9: How like when someone's got a I don't know, let's call it a track home and highland tranch. When do you see that person not due to a storm? Decide it's timed upgrade, is it like that twenty year mark on of house, or it's just any time.
Speaker 2: It's just all the Yeah, it's all the time.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We get ones that are two years old because somebody either installed it bad or they put in a very poor quality. Maybe they found it at you know, one of the local you know, recycle places. So they may want something with glass they don't have glass. We see all of it. Again. Price range from thousand up to you know, ten thousand. I mean, you know again, we have it all we want. We want to be able to help everybody. But when everybody needs it done, we can help them, even if it's one entry door.
Speaker 9: What's a typical warranty, say on a window. Let's say someone replaces you know, all their windows. I mean, are they looking at a ten year deal for the warranty or are they different depending on the manufacture and the price.
Speaker 1: Of the house. That's a good question. Mark a house full of windows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's it's a little of all of it. Most of our vinyl windows are what they call a lifetime limited where most of the seal failures that we spoke about earlier covered for life for the original homeowner. The vinyl, the parts, the locks, all that stuff is usually covered for free. For the original purchaser. We cover l for two years as a company. Some of the wood windows they called a ten to twenty war or two where they're going to cover the product like the wood, the cloud, all that kind of stuff for ten years, and they're going to cover the glass seal failures for twenty years, and then a lot of the fiberglassing deposits are kind of a mix of both of those together.
Speaker 9: But then you're paying labor after two years most likely, yes, And I'm just curious. It is more of a not as a business model, but pull your skirt up here. That first two years, do you guys eat that or does the manufacturer actually reimburse you labor if it was a failure due to workmanship or not workmanship of materials, a little bit of both.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know, so you end up eating some of it. Yeah, again it's part of business, yeah, of course, you know. But yeah, within the first two years we usually cover anything for people, you know, But then after that it's a it's a service fee.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: So this is all really good information and inside stuff. We have one text here on. I don't want to answer it now. I want to take a quick well okay.
Speaker 9: Hold on, let me ask you one more question, and do you guys dive into insurance claims at all? In other words, if there is a hailstorm and you know, the seals got broken on windows, and they're hearing this right now, and they're thinking, okay, well, well they deal with my insurance company, I mean, how's that work?
Speaker 2: So we don't deal with the insurance company directly from the beginning. Usually what happens is, I went out to a house two days ago, went out, she has hal damage. I've provided her insurance, you know, pricing, got it to go, and then they email it to their adjustice.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also tell them if the adjuster wants to meet me at the job, call me whatever they need. At that point, I'm more than willing to help, but we don't do the actual, you know, sending it the claim.
Speaker 3: Hold on one set got it. I was going to take a break, but Dean, you've been waiting. I'm going to take Dean then take a break. Then I have another text for him. Go ahead, Dean. What is your comment on reflective windows?
Speaker 13: Your guests that mentioned building on Colorado Boulevard with that gold.
Speaker 1: Windows.
Speaker 13: Okay, I was on exposition in Colorado Boulevard. Okay, here's this, here's the funny story about that. The building that was on the west side, which is about a five story built I was in the HVAC businesses. Okay, background by twenty twenty years ago. Okay, they built that. They built that collar building and they put all those gold windows in there, and the sun would go down that turned, that turned. Those windows were like a magnifying glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what we were told it.
Speaker 13: I mean it cooked the building. There was just so much heatload on it on that one side.
Speaker 1: You mean it cooked the building next door.
Speaker 13: Across the street across Colorado.
Speaker 1: Wow, only crap.
Speaker 3: You know though, the more you think about this, that kind of engineering can be used in concert with each other to kind of take advantage of the sun.
Speaker 13: Well, they didn't anticipate that problem.
Speaker 1: No, I know that, I get that part.
Speaker 3: But what if they do anticipated on purpose and designed buildings next to each other to kind of, you know, help.
Speaker 13: Well maybe in the future they might do that. I don't know. It was just we It took us a while to figure out what was going on because the building was just so hot. You can see what was going on.
Speaker 1: Now, what how did how did they solve the problem?
Speaker 13: They added, we added just tons and tons of cooling on the other building, in the older building, and.
Speaker 1: There was nothing they could do about it. Really, is it they? I mean they well, I don't know.
Speaker 13: There may have been. I had heard that there was some potential lawsuits and stuff, but I don't know if any of that it worked.
Speaker 1: How long ago was this.
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 13: About eighteen years ago when I was in that business.
Speaker 1: What a cool story.
Speaker 13: Yeah, win right, I'll let you go see you, thank you.
Speaker 3: That's a very cool story. I got to take this break bill. We'll come back with a Q with that question you have on windows right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three two five to five.
Speaker 1: Bill, you have a question on windows. What's going on with you?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 19: Can you install windows kind of just from the outside because of access from the inside, Like can you.
Speaker 1: Give me an example out of curiosity what you're talking about?
Speaker 14: And why?
Speaker 19: Well, just stuff on the floor and stuff. It's hard to get to the windows from the inside. Would you be able to do it all from the outside.
Speaker 2: No, Usually we need inside to either screw them in and also to you know, seal them up with cooking and.
Speaker 1: Also the window sills and or the trim. Are you a hoarder building?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Are you, wow, an honest hoarder? Is it like crazy? Your house?
Speaker 19: Not super?
Speaker 5: But it's do you have a path?
Speaker 1: Do you have a path to go between rooms? I'm serious, I'm.
Speaker 21: Asked there's paths?
Speaker 1: So you are a horror you're a full blown hoarder. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And we've dealt with them before, you know, I mean, it's it's it's difficult on both parties, you know, but it's been accomplished. But we do in interior at some point for sure.
Speaker 19: On one window. The computer desk is kind of in front of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, we've worked around stuff like that. If we're able to maybe move the monitors over and you allow us to kneel on it, we try to be real careful. So we've done that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: We used to deal with waterbeds a long time ago that you know, we had to put a plank over top because most people don't want to dream their waterbed and refill it back up to get one window installed.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 19: Okay, just curious, Okay, Bill, let me.
Speaker 3: Bill, let me ask you something. You know again, we don't use your last name or address or anything. I'm just curious, like, do you literally have to make a path through your rooms to get Yeah, you said yes, I believe them.
Speaker 19: Yeah, No, there is paths, but it's just it's it's just stuff. That's just I've lived in the house for forty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah I know, but so have I and I don't have any paths.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, though, you have not lived in the same house for forty years. No, that's right, that's right. But I don't think can you see me? How can you never mind answers? Now, I throw everything out, but I'm a minimalist, but I'm going to ask something, do you have.
Speaker 3: Things that are just important to you? Because I just often wondered about people that keep things. Are there things you just can't part with?
Speaker 19: No, it's just accumulated stuff. It's just stuff that has to be relocated.
Speaker 1: And did you ever does it ever cramp your lifestyle? Like the amount of room you have to move around?
Speaker 19: Oh, that's everything I need.
Speaker 1: Wait wait he.
Speaker 9: Asked you an important question though, and your answer was, there's things that you just need to be put in different places. What like an example of something you would move from one of the paths right now and put it where?
Speaker 1: Isn't that still hord? Moving something from A to B is still the same thing, right right right?
Speaker 19: And it's just you know, as a computer desk and I got a cabinet that the print is on. It's not a hard move, but you know it's the stuff that has been moved in a while.
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 1: Okay? So wow, interesting, Nick? What's the worst one you've run into? Hoarding?
Speaker 9: Have you walked into? I mean I've seen real hoarders because of this show. I'm talking hoarders where you know there is stuff literally.
Speaker 1: They alive like the TV show.
Speaker 9: Or remember how about the lady. I'll tell you a strange one. She had one room and in her apartment with the bathroom and the closet, I mean a big area, big area, and she had brand new clothes, purses and crap from Montgomery wards dating back thirty forty years, never opened, and she couldn't part with it, like a pleathan purse that cost her four dollars in nineteen eighty. She couldn't part with and literally rooms full of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, over the years, I've seen a lot of it. You know, one of the most recent one, we did a complex downtown and we'd get anover unit to do it because they were upgrading. And we opened the door. We had to shove the door open. There wasn't even any passing from there. It was just a wave of you know, just crack hark. Who was it that was helping us out? He sent to a house? Was it Frank Duran?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, check this one out. This is the weirdest one. Tom. I can't believe I forgot about this one. TA just said it. So we send him out. They've got to move, they're in foreclosure.
Speaker 9: Frank's gonna try to help him out with a short sail to try to at least get some money in their pocket.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. He goes out there.
Speaker 9: Man, they he's standing in the kitchen, just stuff everywhere, trash, stuff, just that this person wouldn't throw away, like old food. And a rat comes running across his feet, and you think that's bad.
Speaker 1: Oh God.
Speaker 9: He walks into the garage from the inside of the house right there in cages from the floor to the ceiling. Everywhere is rodents and cats and any kind of animal dead or alive you could ever imagine in the.
Speaker 1: Garage and then free those animals or what. I have no idea.
Speaker 9: And then at that point he goes, and you need to put this on, and he hands them basically a gas mask and says, you're gonna need this for the basement.
Speaker 1: Frank goes, I am not going.
Speaker 9: Into your basement, but yeah, Ty, we gotta take You're right, that was bad news.
Speaker 1: We gotta we'll we'll come, We'll come back with more. Three O three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Hey Tom Martino here, three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 3: All right, now let me go back to my texts. You know, it's funny how some days we have such heavy texts. First of all, do you go to Greeley? Somebody wants to know, Nick Gravina Gravina Windows.
Speaker 2: Yes, we will. We will go to Greeley. Yes.
Speaker 1: So while we're while we're talking about that, what's your service? How far do you go? Both ways north?
Speaker 13: South? You know?
Speaker 2: We usually go you know, up to about four Collins. Uh, usually down to about the springs, go out towards the lineman, and then we'll go all the way up to about you know, Vail.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you use as somebody says, are your installers? And I don't think this is so important.
Speaker 3: As long as it's consistent quality and you take all responsibility. But someone does want to know are your installers employees or substruct they're subcontractors.
Speaker 1: And you've used the same for a long time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we had a discussion off air about that. You know, most my guys have worked for me for at least ten years. I have to fight the you know, insurance companies all the time that they're not employees because they work strictly for me.
Speaker 1: But you take full responsibility, right of course.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we've had guys that moved out of state, you know, and we're the company that you call.
Speaker 9: Plus if you if their insurance laps, which you probably stay on top of, you still have of course, a homeowner's got all your coverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we have umbrellas, we have it all.
Speaker 9: You mentioned something before, and I didn't mean to interrupt you, Tom, but he said something I wanted to touch on because I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: You mentioned you.
Speaker 9: Were I think we were talking about hoarding or whatever. But you did an entire complex of some sort. Do you do commercial work as well as residential, so yeah, commercial work is kind of ambiguous.
Speaker 2: A little bit. So yeah, if it's like an apartment complex and the residential windows in like that, yes, I don't do like storefront or architectural walls. Some people get a little confused on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 9: But if it's you know, a condo and a bunch of people are getting their windows done after a hailstorm, you guys would do that.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We just actually finished redoing all the Lady Look Casino windows up in black Hawk.
Speaker 1: Oh no kidding, yep, So we just.
Speaker 2: Did all the ninth, tenth, eleventh, the twelfth floor. Wow, that's kind of cool.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 3: So okay, so really we have more. I've had more texts and calls about windows. Seriously, this is pretty cool in a long time.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think what happens seriously is experts that come on the show, they reveal themselves to know what they're talking about, and then people feel confident asking questions. So we'll do more of this, plus take any of.
Speaker 3: Your consumer problems, questions and complaints coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. We have another hour to go three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five, or of course you can always call.
Speaker 1: Three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're contenth. Please time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 10: New need a so you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running, Just as as we can, Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 14: Come man, This.
Speaker 1: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine, Hey.
Speaker 3: Tom, I'm Martino here. Welcome to the show. We have a studio load back at the station.
Speaker 1: I'll bring them up.
Speaker 3: And also we have all kinds of stuff going on behind the scenes, working on problems, questions and complaints. We love doing it and we're gonna continue, of course, so let's just uh, let's just do it. We're gonna ask you to call us if you have a problem, question or complaint.
Speaker 1: We've been spotty with calls today, some heavy, some light.
Speaker 3: We got a lot of texts and then we have Nick Gravina with us from Gravina Windows dot com. We've been talking about windows and Nick, you also do siding and I do have a text on siding. And again on this show we have several we have good pe people. Okay, we surround ourselves with good people. And there's more than one way to skin a cat. And I know that we have different choices in siding. I personally don't like vinyl siding, just straight vinyl siding. I don't know how you feel about it, but I want to be completely open with this and talk about it.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about vinyl siding?
Speaker 2: I'm kind of the same as you. I mean, I'm not the biggest fan of vinyl siding. We sell it. I mean, it does have a place in the marketplace for us, you know, But you know, I'm a big fan of steel siding. I'm a big fan of LP engineered siding, and you know, we do our fair amount of hardy siding as well. So now there's a vinyl coded steel, is that right? Yeah, So there's vinyl coded steel. There's Kinar coded steel. I think that one's the best because of the Kainer is a brand name of exterior paint. It's the best commercial paint that you can kind of and.
Speaker 1: It comes pre painted right.
Speaker 2: So most people will know this. If you up to veil Asp in any of the mountaintowns, you see these glorious you know, fifteen million dollar homes of these big steeple you know, steel corrugated roofs that are black, dark brown, dark green. Those are all kind o paint and that's why they stay those dark colors is because as the best properties to resist the fading. So we have sighting that does that. We also have our wood clad windows that have that paint on it. So, and especially with how extreme Colorado's UV damage rays are, we like to use that kind o paint when we can.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, And so it's called Kinar Okay, that's a brand name.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then when we talk about.
Speaker 2: Is it almost like a ceramic you know, I don't know. I know it's called seventy percent floral polymer.
Speaker 1: I know what that is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a science thing. I'm not I know, I'm a nerd but I'm not that big of a nerd. But I just know it has excellent UV retention on it. You know, again, it's one of the best commercial paints on the market for steel.
Speaker 3: Now somebody he also wants to know about James Hardy. I don't like James Hardy. I don't think it's bad, but I think there's way better stuff out now. Now it's sementuous. But forgive me if i'm maybe I'm not.
Speaker 1: Giving James Hardy the dow it should have.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking, when you penetrate the surface with a nail or something, or penetrate the surface, can it take on moisture or not?
Speaker 2: You know, it's supposed to be through and through. I mean, I think that's a great question.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know so in other words, I have it. I have it wrong. It's not like it's not like the exciting that can take on moisture if you pierce it.
Speaker 2: So you know, most of the laps are gonna have the nail covered over by the lap that's going over top of that. So they call that blind knailing. Right, you don't see the nails in the face of the horizontal laps. Now you will see that in the trim pieces, you know. But then most of the time, if it's a pre painted product from the factory, we'll go back and touch that up with the paint provided, which helps steal that. And if it's a primed product, people come back over and paint it, so that also helps. Hardy is hardy, you know, Hardy is hardy. You know, it's a cementious product, and it's just if you want to prepainted from the factory or primed.
Speaker 9: Out in what is that area out out of the airport called Green Valley Ranch, probably about five or six years ago, big hailstorm. Yep, the hail blew right through the siding. I'm like one hundred homes. I mean, it looked like someone took a potato gun and just smashed through.
Speaker 1: And what is that kind of siding? What would possibly allow that? And they were brand new homes.
Speaker 2: Well, realistically, depending on how big the hail is, that can blow any of the siding.
Speaker 1: That's not going to go through Hardy board.
Speaker 2: Hardyboard will crack on the big enough, you know, that's amazing. You know, Vinyl will absolutely turn into Swiss cheese steel condent LP condent, and hard you can crack with a big enough okay, brick, that's gonna be fine, right right. Yeah, you know, if it's gonna dent your cards, probably gonna dnt something on your house.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You know, but a lot of the sidings have a hail warranty with them, so if you know, you get a decent sized hailstorm and the insurance covers part of it, not all of it, they'll cover it. Yeah, they will help supplement on the back end.
Speaker 9: Okay, I just sat never free, Tom. Do you remember that it looked like someone took a machine gun to these homes?
Speaker 2: It was probably vinyl setting. That's the one that you get all the big holes that you see all the.
Speaker 1: Time, massive holes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so probably more vinyl sighting.
Speaker 1: Now that's the cheapest.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 3: I used to love Everlast sighting, and then I heard a lot of people stop selling it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it was great coming out of the out of the gate there, and we sold some too, and we actually had a problem or two and we still get asked for it.
Speaker 1: Well, what was the problem.
Speaker 2: It was very hard.
Speaker 1: I don't want to use the word hard again, but it was very durable.
Speaker 2: It was durable, and you know, I don't recall them all. I don't run the siding division. I hear bits and pieces about it, but again, you know, the the stats on it were excellent and we were actually surprised that we had some go backs. And again I don't recall those right now, so I apologize.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then align siding.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of that aligne? Yeah, it's similar. That's one of I think the composite sidings that's out kind of like fiberglass in vinyl.
Speaker 1: That's supposed to be the next generation. Well that in some form of solar siding. Well, well, did they have solar siding? I know they have solar roof. I'm looking at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really I have not.
Speaker 1: What is it called mark? One of them is called my tracks. Wow. Now, so I did get this text, and uh, I may as well open it up because I did get it.
Speaker 8: And that is.
Speaker 1: About the debate.
Speaker 3: Now, listen, we don't get political, but of course we always comment on stuff here and there.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Well, I didn't watch the debate. I just watched highlights. Now if I watched the CNN highlights, even which shock the hell out of me.
Speaker 3: Even the CNN highlights said that Vance did great, and the other guy was a moron. Not a moron.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go that far.
Speaker 9: They both seemed like really good people. They seem like good people. Man, it was kind of nice seeing adults in the room.
Speaker 1: That's what I was getting at. What Dvance definitely won? Did he what did he win? I mean, did you watch marcaus? I didn't. I watched it.
Speaker 9: I watched it bell to bell. I'm talking just as a debate. And hey, I was the first one to say that Trump lost that last one by far.
Speaker 1: He just won.
Speaker 9: I mean, I don't know else to put it. He looked presidential, he's younger, he knew everything he was talking about. He just won the debate. I don't care if the debate was about cheerios. He debated cheerios better.
Speaker 3: And there was a focus group that CNN did and the majority said, of course he won.
Speaker 1: And they also said that they would rather have those two running. That's funny. Then the other two they really did say that.
Speaker 9: I think that's kind of been everybody's deal, which is interesting because generally speaking, the second guy on the ticket really doesn't bring anything, but in this crazy election cycle, this might really end up helping Trump. Although I think he's still going to win, hands down, but this might have brought a few more over.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what.
Speaker 9: The one thing that drove me nuts is whenever he was talking, or when both of them, but when Harris was talking, I'm sorry, when what's his name, Waltz Walls when he was talking about his boss, which is all they both did, and he would say, she's going to do this, She's going to do that, and it's like she's been doing it for four years. Why all of a sudden, are is she going to start doing in now? Why would we believe anything when she's been there. It's mind boggling to me.
Speaker 14: You know what that.
Speaker 1: That's what she's going to do? This to the border? Well, she was the borders aard.
Speaker 10: She didn't do crack.
Speaker 1: And he kept reminding him, like, who was in office. They've been in office already for four years? What have they done?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: It was really Uh, it was a really good debate, though. I will say I loved how they at the end they seem to embrace each other. I think the the wives you know, met each other. It was a lot different man than what we have seen for the past whatever twelve years.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have another text about hold on, I was looking for it on. Let me grow back to a dog on it.
Speaker 9: How about this doc workers situation. You guys ready to start spending more money with Amazon.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be crazy because Amazon can't What are you talking about? Amazon can't overcome that? What are they going to do? That's what I'm saying. You're gonna be spending more money with Amazon? Well, what do you mean more? Price of products are going to go up?
Speaker 9: Well, of course all over, not just everyone, Yeah, but most people buy on Amazon.
Speaker 1: Now, that's why I just picked Amazon.
Speaker 5: I could.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that amazing? I was just actually thinking of that today on the way to work, that I needed such and such.
Speaker 3: It was something minor, right, that I needed, I mean, something really minor, and I thought, I'm just going to go order it and it'll be here tomorrow the next day. And I have to tell you something. I find it shocking that that that's where we're moving.
Speaker 2: I can order.
Speaker 1: Stephanie says, Tom, let's just go to the store and I said no, because I said, I said, because she said, all.
Speaker 3: You want is this, right, Let's just go get it? And I said no, I can put it here and have it in the morning, delivered.
Speaker 10: It pretty soon.
Speaker 1: You're not going to leave your bunker.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: No, I just don't like shopping. I the worst thing in the world. And Mark, I said, the balls.
Speaker 3: I can't stand moll. I hate sort but here's the worst thing. And I just can't believe they still say it. It doesn't matter what's sore.
Speaker 1: You go to a store and you're looking for this, they say they can order it.
Speaker 10: Exactly say we.
Speaker 1: Can order that. I'm gonna I look at the person.
Speaker 3: I said, yeah, Like, if I really wanted to order it, I would have it tomorrow morning in my at my door.
Speaker 1: It's what do I need you to do?
Speaker 9: And if you live in certain areas, like if you're in certain areas of Manhattan, you can order a lot of stuff on Amazon and it'll be in a nearby locker in an hour. I mean, it's crazy if you want it to deliver in maybe two and a half hours. I mean, we're we're not as up to date as some other areas with Amazon, but it's really getting there. If you told me ten years ago I could order something from Amazon and have it next day in frank Down.
Speaker 1: I would have told you you're crazy, Oh.
Speaker 3: Man, I mean Mark, it gives me sometimes the choice to get it between four and six am.
Speaker 1: See, I don't get that. I don't get that nice part at all. And then six to eight, eight to ten.
Speaker 3: I mean you can pick like two hour little windows here and then food and everything else.
Speaker 9: Now okay, hold on, you just brought something up and I can't be the only one. And I know we got to take a break. So think about this. I think Grubhub and Uber Eats, I think they're the biggest ripoff ever. I think it's horrible. The food's cold. I don't know if they touch my food. But even outside of that stuff, the price of getting like a shake in French fries delivered is like fifteen bucks. It is absolutely the biggest ripoff you know out there.
Speaker 1: My kids use it now. And then I was talking more of groceries.
Speaker 3: I love supermarket deliveries, whether it be King Supers or Whole Foods.
Speaker 1: Why would I go out?
Speaker 2: I just why?
Speaker 1: I used to have you ordered your kids every year?
Speaker 9: Look at your credit card bill after they tackle Uber eats, you know, I I you could go to del Frisco's.
Speaker 1: No, it's not that bad, is it? Oh my god.
Speaker 9: If you ordered like dinner from let's say, uh, I don't know Applebees, and you know, come on Applebee's. Someone gets the riblets and you get the kids meal whatever I mean. You could be at seventy bucks man uber Eats. If you drove there and ate there, you're probably at what twenty five bucks?
Speaker 1: Wow? And they expect a full twenty percent tip too. Well, that part is just ridiculous. We have more coming up.
Speaker 3: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his own only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Oh Hi, Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five mark? Did you want to bring something up again? Did you have something because I have some texts here.
Speaker 1: It's up good.
Speaker 9: Well, okay, I don't mind you bringing that up, but I want to talk a little world. Uh, geopolitics might be the word for it.
Speaker 1: Israel.
Speaker 9: I think this retaliation we're going to see is going to be massive. They they got hit, well they didn't get hit, but they were shot at with one hundred and eighty of these ballistic missiles and some of them got through blew up. I don't think anybody died, thank God, but I think the retaliation is going to be insane. And I cannot believe Iran is I can't believe they even shot at him yesterday.
Speaker 1: I just, for the life of me, I'm going are they so miserable over there?
Speaker 9: All they want to do is provoke death? I mean they have absolutely no They.
Speaker 1: Say that was in retaliation though of the other one.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, the other one was great, because look at this one is the most amazing thing.
Speaker 1: Ever, somehow Israel got into.
Speaker 9: The supply chain of the pagers and the walkie talkies at Hesbelah and other Iranian backed militias basically were.
Speaker 1: Involved in and they blew them up. I mean they killed like a dozen of them.
Speaker 9: Or so maybe more, but more importantly, if you're walking around with a hole in your hip or showed up to a hospital, they have on video.
Speaker 1: They know exactly who all these fighters are.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 9: I mean, they've got targets on their head, but I ran, literally launching from Iran is just mind baffling to me. I hope they blow up all the oil fields. I hope they light up the only commodity over there. No one vacation and Iran they really have no exports but energy or oil. And if we just liked the whole place on fire, they're over and I hope, I hope that's what happens.
Speaker 1: That's my rain.
Speaker 11: Remember what happened though in Kuwait when Saddam set fire to all the oil wells.
Speaker 1: What a catastrophic thing that was. It's huge, all that black smoke, it's huge. So that by the way, did you know there was only one fatality from that rocket barrage one hundred and eighty ballistic missiles they kill one person.
Speaker 10: I didn't you know?
Speaker 9: They killed the Palestinian And then once again after somehow they got in the middle of their supply chain that h bombs in their stuff.
Speaker 1: What are they crazy?
Speaker 3: That was a texture who pointed out it was a Palestinian who died.
Speaker 1: Uh oh was it really?
Speaker 11: Hey, Tom, I just I got I spoke to remember that ladies having the problem with Larry H.
Speaker 14: Miller.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I hate that one. Yeah.
Speaker 11: Anyway, so she's dealing with rain and she's also dealing with the police who basically told her what you said that if they have a contract, it's not theft.
Speaker 1: Of course not. There's no intent exactly, it.
Speaker 11: Was the It was a private detective who told her that. But the actual police aren't going to have to offer theft. It's just a civil matter.
Speaker 1: It's definitely just uh, here's trying to get the car back.
Speaker 3: Samantha, by the way, should take the car back because it's a.
Speaker 1: Bad deal for more reasons than that. I think.
Speaker 9: I think ultimately this she's not going to have the car and it's going to cost them a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Ultimately, I'm almost sure.
Speaker 9: That's what's going to We all told her that, I know, and she just I think she's going to be made to take it back and she's going to owe a lot of money, and not knowing their finances, it could be a bankruptcy deal.
Speaker 1: I think they notified her within the tendance.
Speaker 11: Be bankruptcy because they were able to come up with forty five thousand.
Speaker 19: And they do have.
Speaker 17: They do have good jobs.
Speaker 1: Deputy D what do you did you say?
Speaker 17: Oh, I was going to tell you there's there's an active REPO case on it. I actually spoke with a REPO man who's been looking for that car for several days now. Yeah, and he's having trouble finding it. So whether or not the consumer wants to take it back, he is almost irrovant. Yes, the REPO guy will find it.
Speaker 9: It's to the point now where it's like you can't even go to the grocery store if the REPO man's out after you.
Speaker 1: And a lot of these cars, what was it a Chevy or Afford? I think it was a Chevy truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you this.
Speaker 9: The manufacturer knows where that vehicle is, and if the dealer can express to the manufacturer, they need to know where that vehicle is.
Speaker 1: That REPO man will know where that vehicle is. I want to I want to reap.
Speaker 9: What if it's in a cloth garage that would be pretty hard, or if the battery was.
Speaker 3: Pulled hold on when jo wait, wait, Doc, please, I want to I want to recap this about Larry H. Miller to be go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance pain too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one.
Speaker 1: Help.
Speaker 3: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi, Tom Martino, your trouble shooter three O three seven one three talk seven three eight two five to five.
Speaker 1: I want to ask the.
Speaker 3: Triple versus double pain windows because that was a question we had earlier and I wanted to it back to it. Is it worth the I mean, what what?
Speaker 1: What do you think? Double pain triple pain? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: They both have you know their values there. You know, triple pain is great as far as energy efficiency, but you sacrifice some weight, which operability is usually a little less easy to do. There are double pains that can be built almost up to triple pains now too, depending on how the coatings are meant. But you know, they both have their place. We sell a lot of both of them, you know, but triple pain we do try to let people know. You know that you know they are heavier.
Speaker 3: You know, it can be hard that much cheaper. I mean, it's just me that much more savings. I don't I can't even imagine.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I was talking to Mark off the air and when they used to rate windows by our factors, which they really don't do that anymore. You know, they used to rate a double pain at like an R four and they and then they would start to rate a triple pain at an R seven. So you know, I mean there is some value there for sure.
Speaker 1: Would it be possible or is it this way?
Speaker 9: You could have a double pain that actually has a higher R value because either the glass is thicker or the gap is thicker than a triple pain or no.
Speaker 1: The one's always going to be higher.
Speaker 2: Usually the triple pains have the better energy efficiency we can. You know, it's all about the air gap in between. The bigger the air gap, the better, you know. Again, when we would go back to the dissimilar glass you know that shrinks the air gap, so not as efficient but better for sound.
Speaker 1: What's like the biggest air gap? You say, like one inch?
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually most of our our glasses one inch from outside to outside, so inside really is that that much?
Speaker 1: One inch?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 2: And then we do have some triple hate packages from some of our clad windows that are an inch and three eighths thick.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 9: Yeah, how about something ud soundproof like we're looking at here. I assume that you think that's a double pain. I mean, how does the soundproof.
Speaker 2: Work well in windows? I don't know about in studios, but in windows, again, it's the dissimilar surfaces have different densities, so different sound waves get depleted as it goes through, right, Because if they're the same thickness, it only depletes the same thing. But if they're different differences or different thing, it'll.
Speaker 1: Take out different waves.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, right, So, but triple pain, you know a lot of people like it.
Speaker 9: If they're a window, we could put like when time's in studio, I usually sit there and we put it right here to where I can't hear.
Speaker 1: Him but he can hear me.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's something out there.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know headphones.
Speaker 5: Mark.
Speaker 3: Yes, Now, by the way, I'll take this text. But I knew i'd get it, and I just want to I just want to take it. Are there too, Garvenus, Yes, there are. They're the same family, and they they are two separate companies. And the one we're talking to that's been on a referral list for years is the one on West Evans.
Speaker 1: So don't be confused. But they are. There are different people in different family members in the business. Yes there are. And uh, let's see what else we have a text here about.
Speaker 3: Somebody said that one of our former sponsors may not be around anymore. Their app stopped working and their location there's nothing else the locations.
Speaker 1: It's SaferNet dot com. It was a private VPN.
Speaker 9: I would assume they're gone as well. They couldn't keep up with the change.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they can't with the big guys. But it's a great It was a great company.
Speaker 9: With people that brings in something that most people don't understand. When you develop an app and have an app like safer net does all his funny games, it costs a fortune to develop them and all that. But beyond that, every time there's a major update with iOS or Android, you have to go back, resubmit, rebrand, or not rebrand, but redo your app to make sure it works with the new code from the operating system. And where they would fall very far behind was with Apple. So if you had an Apple phone or an iPhone and you took an iOS update, all of a sudden, safer Net wouldn't work for a while because they just weren't on top of it. Generally, what happens is the developers of your app know the new iOS is coming out, and they released the new one the same time the iOS comes out.
Speaker 1: Little be how scenes now I have gotten these texts through the years, and I don't know how to explain it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I gotta do it after this. I guess maybe I will, or maybe I'll do it tomorrow. But anyway, it has to do with inventions. So let's take this quick break three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. I'm also gonna try to get Eric Reinimer on if I ken you said it might be available now, I'll call him directly from my Google Voice.
Speaker 1: So stick around.
Speaker 3: We're gonna ask about quick claim deeds if you screwed up your your house transfer from your parents to yourself and you want to undo it, because that's not the best way to do it upon uh for a state planning I'm gonna try to get Eric on right now.
Speaker 1: We got more coming up. Hi, Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three three seven, three eight two five five. Okay, let's talk.
Speaker 5: Uh, Chris, you have a question.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm sorry. Let me go to this real quick.
Speaker 14: Let me go.
Speaker 2: Let me go to this.
Speaker 1: Hey, Eric Reinemer, I have a quick question for you. Are you there, sir?
Speaker 22: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: Eric is our.
Speaker 1: Accountant Atlas CPAs and Advisors. And we had a question.
Speaker 3: A guy's father quit claimed the house from the dad to both of them, and he wanted to leave the house to his son. And then our estate planning attorney said, well, you just blew your basis. You're not gonna get day of death basis you're gonna get. You're gonna inherit your dad's basis now. And the estate attorney did not know the answer to this, but asked, who said we should talk to an accountant? Can they simply undo that deed? Can he simply dad it back. Can the two of them beat dad it back to the dad like it never happened, or will it screw up the basis?
Speaker 22: No, I don't see why not. Like in orders, there was a gift then one way, I don't see why the gifts can come back the other way and kind of bring it back.
Speaker 7: To where it was.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, because the basis would be the same, the old basis.
Speaker 23: Right, Yeah, And nothing got when you when you gift, nothing got reported for tax purposes. So it's just a legal maneuver one way and then back the other way. Seems fine to me.
Speaker 1: Data Manue, Are you saying that for him to take advantage of the I R s Eric.
Speaker 3: No, it's not taking advantage now. He's simply gonna undo the mistake he made.
Speaker 22: Yeah, you can gift anytime you want.
Speaker 1: You can legally shouldn't he shouldn't if he done a gift letter.
Speaker 22: Why can't that person couldn't claim it back to you.
Speaker 23: Well, wait a minute, that's a legal action.
Speaker 1: You don't have to do a gift letter on a house. You don't need a gift letter. Okay, No, there is no such thing.
Speaker 9: That's another fallacy that you need a gift letter. So now you can give me four hundred dollars tomorrow and not do a gift.
Speaker 1: Letter, right, you might you have to do a return that shows the amount over fourteen thousand.
Speaker 22: It's eighteen thousand, oh.
Speaker 1: Eighteen thousand, sorry, thank you, Eric, So you have to just show the amount over eighteen that goes to your invisible limit in the sky.
Speaker 9: But that was that was my whole point. If it was a house, you would think that would have to be on the tax return. That's all I was asking.
Speaker 3: H Yeah, you know you said letter. I'm sorry, but yes, you do a gift return, Yes you do.
Speaker 9: And if they didn't do a gift return, I would agree with everything Eric said. But if they did do a gift return, would that be some way that that would get them caught up in some issue?
Speaker 1: Eric, No, you just gift it back with another gift letter. He was saying that gifts can go both ways. By the way, Eric, thank you very much. I promised I would only keep you for a few minutes. And that's that's CPA Atlas CPAs oh Man. I want to try to get to Chris with renewal.
Speaker 9: That's all right, let's give Gravinus, Windows dot com. These guys you need the Windows sightings. Give them a call. They're great people. Three oh three four seven two eight four six two or three oh.
Speaker 1: Three Gravenus Gravina. We got Venus, I mean we got more tomorrow