Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from kf I Am six forty Amy.
Speaker 2: I know you were the voice behind ways for a period of time. Are you still that magic voice? Yep, that's impressive. Are you the one that sounds like Scooby Doo?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can.
Speaker 1: Get that one.
Speaker 4: Bro. You don't know this Bill. A lot of people do, but you don't know this. I'm the voice of reason on this program.
Speaker 1: And now Handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 2: And good morning everybody, Bill Handle and the Morning Crew on Tuesday morning, October twenty nine. What a week it's going to be. It's Taco Tuesday. But next week it's going to be a modified Taco Tuesday because we are going to elect and vote on the best taco in Southern California. And of course we have the majors Del Taco and Taco Bell, and then there are a few third party tacos out there that are not particularly well known, but it'll be one of the two big ones. It'll be either Taco Bell or Del Taco. And we are also going to vote on Tuesday. Hey, don't say that we're not politically connected on this show.
Speaker 3: Well, done.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Neil, Good morning to you.
Speaker 3: Willie Wolf. Good morning.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: By the way, I have to give you kudos yesterday that very strong. We were talking about Neil now doing more commercials in the morning than before, and we somehow mentioned that he was following my train, if you will, my lead, and he mentioned that I am his mentor. I've gotten a I got a couple of compliments on that one, Neil for you.
Speaker 3: Well, I will tell you it's all true, sir.
Speaker 1: Every bit of it. Amy, Good morning, Hi Bill.
Speaker 2: They're your Dodgers, I know, just one went away. Yeah, and they're gonna do a sweep. And now are they going to sweep?
Speaker 5: I don't know. You know what New York. New York's a great team. So and they had a lot of opportunities. They just didn't capitalize on them.
Speaker 2: I will tell you the group that is screaming the loudest for the Yankees to win is our iHeart Sales.
Speaker 5: Team, because if the Dodgers lose, we get more games.
Speaker 2: If the Dodgers, that's it, that's exactly, that's exactly it. They pray for a game seven. But if it's a sweep, well, you know, it's still good. Though it's still good. This is why Kayles am Fox AM Sports five five seventy. Our sisters say down the Hall is doing so well because they have the Dodgers. We don't even have a little league team. Well we should get one, all right, Kno, good morning morning Bill and and good morning.
Speaker 3: Good morning Bill.
Speaker 1: Hey, how about those padres huh shut up provocation? J thought i'd throw that at you.
Speaker 2: Oh, and you can literally say how about them Yankees, which, of course is uh a term of art that has been around for a very very long time.
Speaker 1: You're looking at me like it's weird. That is actually a.
Speaker 3: Term I always look at you weird?
Speaker 1: What the hell is? First?
Speaker 3: Shut up at Uh?
Speaker 1: See? I know I get paid for this.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, you have to understand that it's my job and a job for you to make fun of me.
Speaker 1: Oh, yesterday during the when.
Speaker 2: We did the promo entering the show, and we repeated that little little discussion Amy that we had about you being the voice of Ways, which is really kind of neat, and I asked you for you the voice of Scooby Do. There really is a Scooby Doo voice on Ways. And I don't know how many voices they do. There's the British voice, the upper Cross British voice.
Speaker 1: Uh don't they have like a Liverpool or yeah?
Speaker 5: And then they have voicey bands and they had they had Morgan Freeman for a while, so you basically had the voice of God for a while, but they rotate him in and out. They've had Kentucky Fried Chicken like Gernal Santrol.
Speaker 3: I have paw Patrol online right now.
Speaker 5: Paw Patrol tells you how to ghost places. Wait a second, you don't have me telling you where to go places.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have Amy on mine and then you go to pa Patrol. Oh uh huh, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I just I don't even know who's on my way, so I just don't pay attention. Is it's no, it's some American gallon. I guess it's you, right?
Speaker 2: Are you the one American voice that's there? American female voice that's there?
Speaker 5: I am the first, I'm the original voice of the voice.
Speaker 1: That's impress stuff.
Speaker 3: Just use Amy, go to Amy.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: I also didn't mention we were talking yesterday, think it was during the break Mark Dennis who used to be and did I mention this on the air. Okay, Mark Dennis who used to be okay, it used to be our traffic guy for years and years.
Speaker 1: They end up unfortunately untimely dying. And he was the voice of the mono rail.
Speaker 2: You'd go on the montrail at Disneyland and you'd hear the I'm your hello, this is your captain. And today we're going on the monorail system, which we're going to take you no place and you're dead.
Speaker 1: You know that one. And he was the voice for years and years and years. So look at that.
Speaker 2: We have voices here. Impressive, Yeah, very impressive. All right, boy, do we have some stuff to cover today. Let's start with a handle on the news with Amy Neil and me lead story story about the ballot ballot drop boxes. A couple of them, three of them were lit on fire or last night in the Portland, Oregon area and then in Vancouver, Washington, right across the river, and it was well, it's being hailed or it's being described as a terrorist act. And the problem is which side did this? Because these races are hotly contested, I mean it is razor thin. So who is going to gain by this other than there are well, well, let me put it this way, the Republicans are arguing that dropboxes should not be allowed. Democrats are arguing that drop boxes should. So I am going to guess that was probably someone on the right. I may be wrong, by the way, because it's it makes sense that either one of the parties it was primarily Democrat or primarily Republican.
Speaker 1: That would be an easy one.
Speaker 5: To say, or it could be neither because it was in Portland and they had the anarchists out in full true for months after the George Floyd.
Speaker 2: Right, there's that and and thank you for bringing that up.
Speaker 1: You beat me to that punch, and you're right. So we don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it is it political? Is it anarchy? Is it just some pranksters? You know, there was a period of time in Canada, for example, their idea of terrorism in the seventies, uh is they would blow up mailboxes right around the world. Airplanes were being blown up and buildings were being blown up. It was the FLQ, I think was the name of the group.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: They would go around blowing up mailboxes. That's with their idea of terrorism. And it was just sheer anarchy.
Speaker 1: So there are there's a way and they I'm not going to go through it.
Speaker 2: But people who've their ballots were lost can easily redo their ballot.
Speaker 3: Yeah they know the time frame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah they do.
Speaker 2: And then you call up and you go see if they if it was received or not.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's my turn, it is. State Farm has some splate to do. So.
Speaker 5: State Farm is California's largest home insure and it's now being accused of boosting the profits of its parent company at the expense of state policyholders. It all has to do with reinsurance and selling reinsurance and then not getting bunch back for it. But while they did this sales of reinsurance and boosted the profits, they're now saying we're in financial distress and need a thirty percent hike reinsurance.
Speaker 2: It's insurance companies buying insurance so that they too are.
Speaker 1: Insured against the risk.
Speaker 2: And in this case, the problem is is that State Farm owned the reinsurance company, so State Farm would overpay for their reinsurance to their own company and then claim losses on the underlying company were broke.
Speaker 1: Look how much money were losing.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because you're spending all your money paying too much for reinsurance with your parent company and That is what is going on right now with these folks. By the way, the reinsurance industry is almost as big as the insurance industry, and people don't really know that bottom line insurance you have to have.
Speaker 1: It's like you hate them, you lose them.
Speaker 2: I don't know where I was going to go with that. Never mind, I want to take will move on now, we will move on. There was I was going to do something. There was a catchphrase there I was going to use, and I was going to be It even tangled me up. You know how I go off on tangents that no one understands what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: This one. I didn't even know where I was going to go.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe it's time for ways for your brain.
Speaker 4: It is Israel's parliament. This is another weird decision has voted to ban a nearly eight decade old United Nations agency that provides essential services for Palestinian refugees. So obviously it's going to have horrible consequences for millions of Palestinians living under Israeli occupation. Move is expected to severely restrict you and Relief and Works agency for Palestinian refugees.
Speaker 2: So now this agency and has tens of thousands of employees. Israel has accused it for years of having pro Palestinian terrorist members.
Speaker 1: That's the accusation for years.
Speaker 2: And the accusation was also some members of UNRA were part of the October seventh attack, and so Israel has And by the way, I don't know if that's true or not.
Speaker 3: Why hearing about that now?
Speaker 1: No, We've been hearing about that forever. Oh, that's been here, that's been going on forever.
Speaker 4: I understand they've made those claims. Yeah, Why then why are they just now voting on that?
Speaker 1: Because two things.
Speaker 2: One, the government is that right wing there at war and as I've said many many times, Israel, if you look at Israel's side, they have just reached their limit. They are done. It's that simple and there. And as I've said, you know, I think what they want the Palestinians as well as the Lebanese to say, it's not worth it. It is simply not worth it. You have to leave Israel alone, although Israel has to leave them alone because if you look at this right right wing government, Palestine will never be a state. There's those such thing as a two state area. According to the Natayahu government. So it's one huge cluster truck over there and it doesn't stop. But again, the civilians and these people are really going to get nailed because ever since the occupation, ever since the sixty seven war, these Palestinians have relied on the United Nations.
Speaker 1: They can't feed themselves. Let's move on.
Speaker 5: The US is talking a little tougher than it's don't warning to Iran. The US has warned Iran at the United Nations Security Council that there would be severe consequences if it takes any more aggressive action against Israel or US personnel in the Middle East. The US also said it does not want to see further escalation.
Speaker 2: And that's sort of going both ways because here's what happened because of the attack, the October seventh attack, and then October eighth, the incursion into Gaza by Israel.
Speaker 1: So there's the war.
Speaker 2: Hezblah in the north does its thing in solidarity. Iran does its thing. Although the Iranian the leader or one of the leaders military leader of Iran was killed in Lebanon and there was a huge uproar in Iran on that one, and so Iran attacks Israel.
Speaker 1: Israel comes back.
Speaker 2: Retaliates, and now, okay, let's everybody calm down. Israel has said no more, we're done, and Iran has sort of hinted no more, We're done, sort of, And now everybody's waiting. Is Iran going to retaliate against Israel's last retaliation and if so, be prepared for its oil terminals resources to get blown up, and also its nuclear facilities are going to get all blown up, and then its full scale war. And it's not going to be an air war. There's not gonna be any incursion. There is no real army. All Iran really has missiles. Israel has everything.
Speaker 3: Else, something to look forward to. Oh yeah, all right.
Speaker 4: So Jeff Bezos, as we know, owns the Washington Post, he said, we're not going to do any of the endorsements on the presidential race.
Speaker 3: There was everybody was up in arms.
Speaker 4: I think he lost to what eight percent or so of the subscribers, which was around two hundred thousand folks there. But he defended this move in a very rare op ed piece published yesterday. He said the presidential endorsements do nothing to tip the scales of an election. He went on to say, no undecided voters in Pennsylvania are going to say, I'm going with this newspaper or that newspaper's endorsement.
Speaker 3: None, he said.
Speaker 4: What presidential endorsements actually do is create a perception of bias, a perception of non independence. Ending them is a principal decision, and it's the right one.
Speaker 1: Coming up at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'm going to jump into this and talk about why that is not true or may not be true, and the importance or non importance of an editorial and an endorsement.
Speaker 1: That's coming up at seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: Airlines being held accountable. Starting now, airlines in the un US are now required to give you a cash refund if your flight is significantly delayed or canceled, even if you don't specifically ask for that refund. It's a federal rule that requires the airlines to dole out refunds that went into effect yesterday, enforced by the Department of Transportation. The big change is being implemented just a month before the start of what is likely to be a very busy holiday season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, prior to this, you could get a refund, but you had to aggressively ask for it and argue. I remember there was a Southwest flight I was on and it was canceled. And I went up to the gate and I went up to the desk and I said, hey, you know I missed my flight. I paid a couple hundred dollars. Can I get my money back? And it was no, speak English, no no.
Speaker 1: But thank you for jumping in on that one.
Speaker 3: You never know with air lines, That's true, all right.
Speaker 4: This is an interesting turnaround, Rancho Palos Verdes. The homeowners there in the Greater Portuguese Bend where the landslide is and all that horrible, that plague of the shifting land and all of that, well they're being offered a forty two million dollars voluntary buyout. And this is from FEMA in the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services. So FEMA has allocated funding for this program based on federally declared California disaster for that winter storm between January thirty first and February ninth of this year.
Speaker 3: And so that may be an out for people.
Speaker 2: Oh, that is going to be an out because every single person has to obviously get the money or will take the money.
Speaker 1: This is pre disaster appraisals.
Speaker 2: What was the house worth before the landslide happened. Here's federal money. But telling me they're they're going to be thrilled that now you could probably buy it and you want to make an herb garden. It's hey, you'll get that land for two bucks.
Speaker 5: Except it's forty three million dollars. Is that total because there's over two hundred houses.
Speaker 1: It depends.
Speaker 2: Well, it wouldn't be because if you're talking about that's a very good point because we're talking about bench of palace Verdice, which is a very expensive place. And you're right, But they're saying that this story is saying they're offering fair market value on these properties fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, whenever eminent domain kicks in and the government takes land and they pay quote a fair price.
Speaker 1: For it, it instantly, it instantly goes to court.
Speaker 2: You know why, because their definition of a fair price is very different than your definition of a fair price.
Speaker 5: Well, some TikTokers are in big trouble now. Chase is suing some of its customers over a fraud scandal that went viral on TikTok over the summer. You might remember that customers were depositing checks that they had written to themselves and then immediately pulling the funds out before the checks actually cleared and well or bounced, which they were going to do. And it was because of a glitch in the system that allowed customers to take all the money out immediately as opposed to having to wait for it. So now Chase is suing at least four customers, four suits filed so far, and say that they owe the bank nearly six hundred and sixty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Like one of the guys apparently cashed a check for three hundred and thirty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how much can you take out of an ATM?
Speaker 5: Well, there was a Oh that's a good point, but there was a glitch in the system that allowed him to How does an ATM.
Speaker 1: Keep that much money in? Yeah, in the bank.
Speaker 3: What are they on the barbage?
Speaker 4: They have maybe thirty thousand dollars in an ATM or something.
Speaker 1: Or they could have gone in and taking it.
Speaker 2: We don't know how they did that because it's a CNN story, and some of these stories from all kinds of news agencies don't explain they don't go deep enough.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, good on them.
Speaker 5: Well to the people who thought that they could just go and write a check to themselves and they didn't have the money to back it up and get that money and keep it.
Speaker 3: Hello. Yeah, not a smart group of individuals, is my guess.
Speaker 5: Unless they got the money, which sounds like they did initially.
Speaker 1: What makes them pretty smart.
Speaker 3: Actually, no, because now they've got to pay it back.
Speaker 1: No, they're not. This is a lawsuit. Yeah, they were still with the bank.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get the bank's gonna go, oh, we're gonna stop all funds, et cetera.
Speaker 1: They have to call the police and they have to be arrested. It's just theft, that's correct, all right, Neil.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Sean Comb's accused of sexually assaulting a ten year old now from Los Angeles in this new lawsuit. What a horrible story. So this goes back to two thousand and five. The parents of this ten year old boy from Los Angeles sought to help their son's career, and they flew him to New York at the time to meet people in music industry, and apparently Sean Combs told a consultant that the family hired that he wanted to meet the boy, but he wanted to meet him alone, gave him a soda that made the kid feel funny, by the boy's account, and essentially raped him. By this accusation, there's another seventeen year old male who said that he was molested. I say Sean Combs as well.
Speaker 1: This is quickly.
Speaker 2: It's not already gotten to the Weinstein case or the Bill Cosby case.
Speaker 1: No didn't do it. No didn't do it.
Speaker 2: Well, after you hit thirty or forty people coming forward, then maybe I.
Speaker 3: Think this is going to be big of all than all those combined.
Speaker 1: I think it is. I think you're right. Bill Cosby is huge. Bill Cosby was enormous.
Speaker 2: But you're right.
Speaker 3: This together, You're right.
Speaker 1: This may do it. This may do it.
Speaker 5: Who's on fire on the field. That would be Freddy Freeman and fans are elevenant. The Dodgers Yankees World Series has drawn the best ratings in years. For games one and two. The Dodgers and Yankees are averaging fourteen and a half million viewers a game, and this is the most to start the world series since twenty seventeen when the Dodgers played Houston.
Speaker 2: I'm going to do a story about the value of these teams and their brand coming up at seven fifty and it's interesting. But when you talk about fourteen million viewers, wasn't there a time that when you had the only radio and you'd have the World Series and three quarters of America would be.
Speaker 1: Tuning in.
Speaker 2: Or in the days of only the three networks and it was covered on television. H the that's something to ask you a serious a matter of fact, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: A bunch of hoops.
Speaker 2: What was the largest television audience for any World Series game?
Speaker 3: Your mom?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Uh no, Megan Trainer, uh. Song and lyrics Spotify. I think they got this wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know.
Speaker 2: That's something we're going to talk about later on with White Dubuski.
Speaker 1: He's not.
Speaker 2: Rich is not into day Mike is and Apple they're using new AI and one of the things ish Siri won't sound as stupid, uh, according to Apple, So we'll.
Speaker 4: Fight all about Okay, Well, let's hope those bats aren't made out of this tree. The world's trees are in critical danger. Staggering number of tree species teetering on the brink of extinction, according to a new global analysis analysis that was released just yesterday. So they for about a decade or so, they do this project and they poke around and look at the trees and see which ones are dying off.
Speaker 3: One in three tree species.
Speaker 4: Are threatened with extinction, and which is you know, a maser major crisis at this point. It's important to the ecosystem, it's important to our breathing. It's important to all kinds of things, food for and shelter for, wildlife, medicine, all kinds of things comes from trees.
Speaker 3: So treat your trees better.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, that scary stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, super scary.
Speaker 2: Those analy it's climate change, a lot of it, a lot of it that doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: That just covers everything. Huh.
Speaker 1: Pretty much.
Speaker 4: That's the thanks Obama of like the world, thanks climate change.
Speaker 5: Bannon's back. Steve Bannon has been released from federal prison. He was an advisor to former President Trump. He was convicted in twenty twenty two on two counts of contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with the subpoena from the houselect Committee that was investigating the January sixth riot. He served a four month ter term. He is out and already planning a news conference for later today.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: The fun part of this story, Amy is Mike Lindell, the my Pillow guy, Oh Boy, is celebrating Bannon's release by offering free pillows, free dead cats or dogs, plus shipping and handling and you have to put in the relevant discount code Bannon.
Speaker 4: Well, I just hope Steve Bannon didn't let himself go while he was in prison.
Speaker 3: That's a joke. He always looks disheveled. Oh anyhow, okay McDonald's.
Speaker 4: You remember you've talked about Yes, we've actually have talked about Taylor, the company that owns the copyright and exclusive rights to fix these machines, the ice cream machine, those flurry machine, mcfluury machines. Well, the reason that they're broken all the time is that legally they're not allowed to have a third party fix them. Taylor has to come in and they're like years you know, backed up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they made the machine, don't they, And you can only do maintenance if you sell that machine.
Speaker 1: They have to do the maintenance. Nobody.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's the deal.
Speaker 4: These uh, they have these locks, these digital locks on them. It prevents them from being fixed by anybody but them, but the United States Copyright Office is granted. And we talked about this some time ago that this was possibly coming. They granted a copyright exempt last week that gives restaurants the right to repair the machines by bypassing that digital lock that I talked about. So this should have started yesterday and so you'll probably start seeing these these machines back in actually.
Speaker 1: Back on board. That's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a website called mcbroken dot com that will tell you which machines and which McDonald's have functioning machines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's like user fed and people would go and say, hey, this one isn't working, and I hope this takes care of it.
Speaker 1: I love their soft serve. I think it's the best soft serve out there.
Speaker 3: Uh no, it's it's fine.
Speaker 1: The best ticket.
Speaker 4: The best soft serve out there right now is a truck CVT Chocolate Vanilla Twist. CVT truck is the best soft serve.
Speaker 1: You will have never heard it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you will have to taste it and you will go and punch a stranger in the face.
Speaker 3: Our CVT Chocolate Vanilla Twist.
Speaker 1: We're done, guys.
Speaker 2: Handle in the news is up and done and dead for a Tuesday, KFIAM six forty Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch My Show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app