Speaker 1: You're a gobbling the demon a bull merchard.
Speaker 2: You saw me?
Speaker 1: I'm your dude? Is this your person on the web?
Speaker 2: I need a gender jew.
Speaker 1: I can't take and choice yourself?
Speaker 2: You saw me on you dude? Is this.
Speaker 1: It comes out of the dog the tree? Why do you pray eat the dead people? That's the traditions? A madden you heretic?
Speaker 2: Wow, you dude? Is this your.
Speaker 1: Person on the web?
Speaker 3: I need a gender jew can't he's a little dear So boys, you dudemic justification.
Speaker 4: Circular two.
Speaker 5: It's not crafty, Jamie?
Speaker 1: Did you make me? I express?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're gonna open it up. Let's keep it on topic. One plus one plus one equal three. Icons are idealatry Jay j But Jay?
Speaker 2: Can I talk?
Speaker 7: But it wasn't next cathod Rave God is real?
Speaker 8: WI?
Speaker 9: Does he allow evil? I?
Speaker 1: Do you pray to dead people? Traditions of men? It's a no brainer. You're such a tyrannical rainer.
Speaker 10: Is this your.
Speaker 8: First time on the in or well?
Speaker 1: I need a change, can't take it these loads your slow boys? Is this your first time on the wesh?
Speaker 2: Did I need to changer? Joe?
Speaker 8: Was that an uncreated foot?
Speaker 7: Fart A mute dude, Stop repeating my name, dude, you goober's callin or I'll boot you. Where did we get the Bible from? Have you read the Cannons of Francia?
Speaker 3: What are you Catholic?
Speaker 5: Are you Prosians?
Speaker 7: I'm not trying to be me, but do you have an actual argument?
Speaker 2: There is only one church.
Speaker 7: You are in a cult, You're a goblin, a demon, a boomer?
Speaker 5: Quick question?
Speaker 7: Do we have any diddyback venerators in the chat?
Speaker 1: How is this your first time on being? Or well I need to change your shoe. Can't take it these loads? You're slow boys?
Speaker 9: Are you?
Speaker 1: Is this your first time on being? Or where I need a changer too?
Speaker 11: If you're a wineman in front of the line.
Speaker 1: I'm mute, dude, what.
Speaker 2: Is your epistemic justification?
Speaker 12: That argument is circular and you are refuted.
Speaker 1: Is this your first time on me?
Speaker 9: Or where I need to change your show?
Speaker 1: Can't take it these loads? You're slow boys?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 1: Is this your first time on me? Or where I need to change your show?
Speaker 2: If you're a lie moan front of.
Speaker 9: A line on mute dude, Yeah, there's only one thing that can bring them law together.
Speaker 5: That begins with you, but where it begins with you not give. I'm gonna say the word gives away, Begin the chance golf up.
Speaker 13: Bankers get on the floor.
Speaker 4: Thanks, give a pot.
Speaker 2: Bankers give him pain. Baker, give name your name.
Speaker 13: I want to see you ask the floor sees, get more hose, give pain, give my boots give.
Speaker 2: I want to see the CEOs.
Speaker 5: It ruin those slides in a arnderd and forty one.
Speaker 1: And tell the monkeys you find off in that.
Speaker 13: Tree what you're doing up there? Why you scared? Why you running from every bad? You ran from the true and from me?
Speaker 3: Like the female monkeys mis doumbanatas between the trees hanging.
Speaker 1: Down upside down. That's smile.
Speaker 14: Side.
Speaker 5: Tell the monkey what.
Speaker 4: You do it to me?
Speaker 13: T do a monkey, deal a macky.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, oh.
Speaker 5: Now Phil and James Brown, Kurt Franklin, do it to me?
Speaker 13: Till it parkay whoa.
Speaker 5: Oh, welcome everybody. It's a Saturday night. Why not do it? Why not open it up? Is there any there's one more song? There's a mk ultra version of the Matt Dylanukey song.
Speaker 15: Monkey you climb up in that tree, what you're doing up there while you scared, while you.
Speaker 1: Running from every debate, you and from Andrew and from me.
Speaker 15: Adla monkey, what you're doing to me.
Speaker 1: Down?
Speaker 5: Nobody wants to come to debate. Everybody's running away as soon as they done got here.
Speaker 2: Beer beer.
Speaker 5: We'll keep the local starships, star colonies in line. Beer is a mind.
Speaker 11: Killer, telling the monkey, all right, people are running away, what's this crap.
Speaker 1: Crip?
Speaker 5: Fifty five people in line and we've only got two people who want to come on and do the debates. He wont okay. One dude came back. He came back. We've got a couple of super chats and then I'm gonna open it up right way. Bulpez five dollars, bruh, give me a terms McKenna impression. Talking about tahi, Well, taw hid is when you can't talk about the unity of the being because it's essentially a hidden deity, hence the term taw hid h. Brossi, five dollars, make it fiat clap, make that fiat clap, Zammoxist, five dollars. It's the year of love.
Speaker 1: It's a year of love.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 5: I can't sing with my perfect hair metal inflection like I would like to because I still have a cold, but it's almost gone. Eric Ze two dollars. I like this dream. That means it's an algorithm push. That's what I like to hear. He knows the nature of the industry and the business. You know what I'm saying. He knows how to industry, how the industry work. Yes, you can still super chat with stream laves. Mister B see me see me, Holy Holy said, we got some perves up in the chat already, Holy says, let me see them toes? Oh, oh all you get today? You get some. I'll show you my toes. But there they're only going to be They're modest toes because they're covered. Get it, they're covered because I got sock some modest toes. We got a bunch of people online. I'm wanna go to all these people piling mister B ten dollars. I saw redditor. He said that Matt deal Honey really want the debate. Well, I guess that's it. I guess it's over. If a person on Reddit said, then Matt del Honey won, I guess that's the it's over. He won. This rhetitor said that even though MAT's arguments weren't very good. He was right, so he won the debate. Yeah, there we go. That sounds about like what I would expect from that vibe, from that vibe from that Reddit community. H Brosie five dollars. Some of the cringe cores songs are flat out hard like bankers. That stuff is objectively project pat certified. I like that techno remix that sal did of bankers. That's pretty hardcore, dude. What is your episomic justification for quantum skimmity? Toilet says, it's JA, It's DJ for five dollars. I can't talk today. I don't even know what's going on. Torren loves Jesus. Let's go, Jay. I'm glad you got monet eyes, not monetized monent eyes. Thank you. I enjoy being monent eyed. Voice of reasons face in the thumbnail got me laughing. You wrong for that.
Speaker 16: I ain't doing nothing. I ain't do nothing what you think ID need? I ain't doing nothing. I don't know what the hell voice that was supposed to be. I was making a joke to Tristan that when he becomes a black gay performer that I've already figured out the caddy gossipy kind of RuPaul character name that it would be. And when Tristan becomes a caddy RuPaul gossipy black performer, his name is gonna be Invinity. It's a combination of envy and infinity because Tristan has infinite envy, so he's Invinity.
Speaker 5: But he's like RuPaul. That's how he would laugh. So that's what that character was. I just realized, Bryce Shay five dollars if God real, Why yet Yakoub make white race a challenging question, a fair question, a question that any apologist worth his metal would struggle to answer. I can't even keep up. There's so many the superchats are just rolling in. I'm trying to get to them all. No, that's it, thank y'all, welcome everybody. We got my more super chests rolling in. John Kel says for twenty us made I FIEI Klap. Everybody likes the techno version of that song, but it's sh it's beating out my original nineteen ninety three, like a euro dance version of it. So I was gonna go to it, but maybe not. We'll never get anywhere if I keep playing music all day. But thank y'all, welcome. Everybody got five hundred chad Nerds in the chat. You can sign up, by the way, become a chad Nerd member on YouTube memberships. We've only been monetized for like nine or ten days and we already got almost two hundred members. That's crazy. Do is our stream health okay? What's going on? It seems like it says it's okay? Is it skipping because I tried to fix the uh?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: I guess it's about his best, the best we're gonna get. Mister b twenty bucks Jay, when he learned that his channel got monetized, Jay, he remembered, this community full of acoustic spurgs? Is that standing for autism? And he has to read out all this garbage. I wouldn't characterize the beloved super chatters as garbage. All right now? Is it gonna start dropping down the streame stream Health? I mean as long as we as long as y'all can hear me. You don't need to see my face. Because I tried to up the bit rate. I thought that might help. I don't know if it's gonna work or not. Somebody said, I work for Verizon, Call me and I'll help you. How are you gonna help, dude, it's not a Verizon problem. You think I haven't had then Comcast or whoever it is out here like ten times and you just can't. I mean, there's no I don't know what the answer is. If you try to live stream, it doesn't have a consistent bit rate. It goes down and then it pops up, and then it drops back up, drops some meccap, drop some mecca and that's all it's ever been here. And I've I've had them out here I don't know how many times, and the workers don't even know what it is. So I can lower the bit rate and it still does all the same stuff. So David Flood want gifted out member ships demas gifting it out. Elder Leon elder lyon Leon hed he stringer, got some new ways, Hey he's stranger, got some new gimmicks. Got a bit of press up for you. Skipped frames for in two minutes, John Kel, do another goal? Do we already meet that goal? Okay, start another goal? How about I almost set this. I almost set this like super high magenta goal for three hours. That was a ten super chest for over fifty dollars. When I make like a thousand dollars on the stream. You're gonna get your next impression. I'm trying to get the started. We get somebody super chats rolling in, which is fine with me. Do another goal, okay, don John Kell, thank you so much. Jr. Hasbro five books. I'm looking forward to Esoteric Colly with part three. Are you gonna mention raising Kine especially directors cut. Yes, there's gonna be a diploment section and we're gonna be talking about raising Kine. We're gonna talk about the fury. We'll talk about what's that one with the due that kind of goes mind control crazy over prawn. We took notes on I forget the name of it, discord what's up? Shout out? Open up the task manager and check the performance. You don't about the task manager in YouTube studio, it just says stream health poor. The task manager in stream labs will just say skip frames detected forty six percent last two minutes. So it's always the same. John Kell, fifty bucks, thank you so much. Appreciate that. What percentage is the computer running it? I don't think it's a computer problem. Computer's running at like twenty thirty percent. It says see I can see the stream rate and it drops to three thousand, and it goes up to six thousand, and it'll stay at about six thousand and then it'll drop to three thousand and come back. And it's always done that ever since I've lived here, and it doesn't matter how many times people come out here. There is no known solution. So I mean, it'll go up to twelve thousand kilobites a second, then I'll say your string quality is good seven thousand, and then boom, it drops the three and then it comes back. So nobody knows what's up. We got over a thousand people, everybody, uh has piled up in it. Let's get Let's get it started. Let's get it started. Let's get it started. Antonios benderos.
Speaker 17: Hi Jay, good, good to you, You having a good start to you. Thanks for taking my queriod's random Yeah vaccine. Yeah, I'll try not be too week this time.
Speaker 16: But I got some new ways, got some new ways for yah.
Speaker 18: Yeah right, Jack, Jesus, excuse really sorry the bless from you forever and here. I was just wondering if you've read anywhere about any discussion about Adam and Eve in the sense of when overall and potentially metaphysics, but things about that.
Speaker 5: I had not I mean, are you referring to the soul?
Speaker 19: Yeah, yeah, potentially, Like.
Speaker 18: The way I said, it is definitely separate soul that Eve would have had, assuming that we all follow from Adam and Eve and that's how things would have been handed down to us thereafter. But you know, God breed life into Adam, and you know, perpetual life would have gone through that. But there was no specific sort of like mentioned as to when the soul comes to Eve, if it would have been inside Adam from the beginning or if as soon as she was created, because I.
Speaker 8: Guess I could ask you could beg to say.
Speaker 18: Like when does life actually begin even when it comes to you know about by bulls and things like that. So I'm just wondering if this, if it'd been any discussions on when she received her.
Speaker 5: I don't know about Eve, but I mean, Saint Maximus teaches that the soul is created at the moment of conception. But thank you for that magic, Mike Orthodox and Man Stripper A country to come up in here?
Speaker 2: Eh eh okay, hear, yeah? What's about a question about price up? And then I wanted to go where I disagree about salvation?
Speaker 20: So I know you take the presuppositional approach in terms of apologetic methodology, but you like, you know, you rely on Presbyterian reform guys that has been to gourgy Boston.
Speaker 2: So where do you disagree with them?
Speaker 5: And pretty so, where did transcendental arguments come from?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm just trying to learn about it.
Speaker 5: So so who do you think was the first two positive transit arguments? You don't know? No, Okay, well they're in Aristotle.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 5: John Ascus refers to transit argument of the very beginning of founton Knowledge. Felis he uses transcendental argument. So there's nothing necessarily about transit augmentation that it makes it the property of the reformed. Furthermore, an argument stands on its own, and it doesn't really matter what group makes the argument, right, So do you know about the genetic fallacy?
Speaker 20: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, what's the genetic fallacy? What's the genetic it's like when the particular group? Yeah? Right, So what does that have to do with whether it's true or not? Hello? Are you there?
Speaker 8: Yo?
Speaker 20: In priest oppositional apologetics like their storting part of their methodology kind of relies upon tulip and total depravity and how there's no like neutral route, neutral ground and things like that.
Speaker 5: Well, there's plenty of philosophers who teach that the reality is not theory neutral. So are they all Calvinists? Uh no, Right, So there's nothing about theory neutrality. There's nothing about transit argumentation or any of that that necessitates Calvinism. And that's why I always argue that it's the.
Speaker 20: So okay, okay, So how do you understand? So I need to talk about salvation and orthodoxy? So how do you understand I've heard your lectures to you any how, you say that faith alone, justification by faith alone isn't true because the person when they come to Jesus Christ, they don't go through metaphysical change in themselves.
Speaker 12: Is that correct?
Speaker 5: That's part of it?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So how so let's say when that happens?
Speaker 20: Right, So, like, and how do you know, like how much how many how much work do you have to do to be like metaphysically go through a change and be justified in God's eyes?
Speaker 5: In your view, well, Christ's life is the paradigm model, and so there's always synergy between the human nature and the divine nature. And that's why, for example, all the early Church fathers and even the first generate baptism is a work. This necessary repentance is a work that's necessary. Jesus says that this is the work of God that you believe on Him whom he has sent. So faith in Christ is also we flesh it out like all of these works are necessary to be saying. Peter says, an act to repent and be baptized for the remission of sins. And we know he's talking about water baptism because they immediately do water baptism, so it's not a secret Calvinist regeneration baptism. It's actual water baptism. Titus three calls it the washing of regeneration. So all of those things are the beginning point of salvation. Salvation is a pross, one time thing. It's your whole life, and it's the escton ultimately.
Speaker 20: Sure, so let me just go back to the point you mentioned about the spiritual baptism, right, So when you read the Book of Acts and they get the tour this start of the book, they get the spirit. What is it the baptism of the Holy Spirit. They weren't physically baptized in water.
Speaker 2: There's no mention of that.
Speaker 5: So how does you have no idea what you're talking about if you're not read Acts too. I specifically started Acts two thirty people right after that, which is why I said, that's how we know they're talking about water baptism. Pentecost is not a spiritual baptism separate from something else that's the coming of the Holy Spirit and power. And when Peter preaches at Pentecost, what does he tell the people in Acts two thirty eight thirty nine.
Speaker 2: Envy baptized?
Speaker 5: Is that okay? And then what is what is he talking about?
Speaker 19: There?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 5: You're telling me that's not water baptism, even though they literally baptize the people in water right after that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I know I do get that that is water baptism for you.
Speaker 20: Just said it's not water baptism though, No, No, I'm talking about earlier in the Acts chapter. I'm talking about the apostoms of Apostles himself, who water baptized the Apostles because.
Speaker 5: Beat boots in weeks that's what Jesus promised, and Acts becue me and John fourteen fifty sixteen.
Speaker 2: That they get water baptized.
Speaker 5: Well, they didn't have to be baptized because they're the beginning of the foundation stones of the church and Jesus tells them to baptize.
Speaker 19: Okay, fair point.
Speaker 5: And also water baptism didn't occur with anybody in the Old Covenant, and they're all saved in the same way. That doesn't mean that after this point, that's not the means by which regeneration occurs.
Speaker 2: Okay, fair point.
Speaker 20: Yeah, But I have another question about salivation buf faith alone. Right, So, like what is the position of works in your and your understanding? Like, like, for example, I'm talking about just the centification, right, is scientification necessary for justification? But if you say in works to be to be justified, I mean, I know you're talking you say that, you know, like coming to repent.
Speaker 5: The mistake is that you're you think of justification as a legal status and it's not. It's part of a that's part of the analogy. But in Romans four, when Paul cites Genesis fifteen, that's after Abraham has already been doing three chapters of good works. So Abraham should not have men justified quote unquote in Genesis fifteen. If you're reading of Romans for is correct see Romans for refutes the Calvinist interpretation. Do you understand what I mean by that argument?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 20: So like if you're so, how do you understand like to the Calvinistic Channe in Romans when he talks about you know you were justified and then he also just says that you know you were you were called justifies and then glorified. It's all like linked together, it is.
Speaker 5: But what you're missing as a Calvinist is that that's written to an actual, visible group of people in Rome, as a group of the predestined? Did Paul write in Roman Ephicus?
Speaker 2: I can't say it's it's both.
Speaker 5: No, it can be both, because how can he call the entire visible group the elect and the predestined because they're not.
Speaker 2: What it wouldn't apply to Christians today when he like and.
Speaker 5: The general those have to do with today? Just when he writes to the actual church in Ephesus and he calls them the predestine, who's he calling the predestine in the church writing about the Calvinist view? No, I mean the predestined are not the visible church, that's the elect only.
Speaker 2: From from your position.
Speaker 5: I mean Calvinism fails in terms of Christology. That's the starting point, because Calvinism begins with the idea of the divine decree and soteriology, and so it has the wrong order of theology. It has to begin with the Trinity and Christology and the in case. That's why you guys don't have the essence interistinction, you don't have the real presence. You're missing all of these things because you begin your your theology with steriology.
Speaker 20: So another question, how do you determine like when how to interpret in a legal in a legal understanding or not? Because you know you when when there are lots of salvation, salvation by faith a loan passages, you'll just say that it's here.
Speaker 5: There are no faith a loan passages. There are passages that say faith not were of law. And in the concept he's talking about Jewish law. But if you look at Galatians, Paul says, the only faith that counts as the one that works through love. So Paul is saying the same thing as James. It's you guys that have invented the idea of a purely fictional legal standing. That is your salvation that's what doesn't exist in the ancient or medieval world. And if you read modern even the conservative Protestant Reformation theologians, whether in the Anglican or in the Lutheran tradition, like Anglicans like Alstro McGrath or Lutherans like Haiko Oberman, they all point out how there were no nominalists in the ancient and medieval world until Aukham in other words, to call you righteous when you're in fact wicked and you're covered in these you know, imputational rags of righteouness, the cover or the hum of the rags, the righteous of Christ that covers your filthy rags and all this stuff that's only possible with nominalism. And nobody in the ancient medieval world was anomalist. So how do you get God being able to declare people in a legal status that they don't actually possess in reality?
Speaker 20: So okay, So then how do you understand the legal and the forensic language that does use in.
Speaker 5: Regardless based on what's actually there?
Speaker 12: What's actually what do you mean like you're.
Speaker 5: Actually made righteous? That's what it's called baptism or regeneration. The sacraments actually convey the grace.
Speaker 20: Okay, So so like, let's say the pious works that you do, do they contribute to your salvation and scientification? Or is it just the sacraments that you do in the Orthodox Church? Like let's say, when you participate in the sacraments right of the Orthodox Church, are you you're participating in the uncreated energy right of the.
Speaker 2: Correct So what about the.
Speaker 20: Let's say, the sacraments that exist, like you know that are done in other church or yes? Or what so the uncreated grise only exists in the Orthodox Church, that's your.
Speaker 5: Position, Yes, because it is the mystical body of Christ. So how come like these one Lord, one faith, one Baptist in one body. There's not twenty thousand, thirty thousand different ways.
Speaker 20: Why do you So why would like a Protestant a Catholic need the uncredited grace.
Speaker 5: Of That's this is something that anybody in any religion can say that they become a morally reformed person or they're better or I mean, I don't. That's all purely subjective. I know, I have no idea what you think spiritual growth is.
Speaker 20: I mean, okay, sure, but I'm talking about spiritual growth as in like you know, sinding less and doing.
Speaker 5: You know, being obedient to God. So now it's salvation by works. I thought you didn't believe in salvation my works.
Speaker 20: No, But I mean I think we're we're as Christians were there to conform to the image of Christ. Right, So, like, I'm not saying that we're doing these things to be saved. This is just a byproduct of like, you know, our faith, like in our faith is genuine. That's what we want to do, the righteous things that God wants us to do. So what do you think about that?
Speaker 5: Just one second?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: Like what what?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 20: Would like you know, why what makes it necessary like the uncreated and urge of Jesus or of the Orthodox Church?
Speaker 5: Because the creature can't save us a patient and divine life and immortality. But in moral reform. So ironically, what you're talking about is the proof of the faith is the very thing that you, as a Calvinist, supposedly shouldn't believe in. We're moving on, TJ. What's up, man? Try to change the bit rate. Maybe that'll help with whatever's going on.
Speaker 21: Yeah, O Jay, So I recently left Printocostalism and I've just become a catechumen.
Speaker 2: I just had a few questions, if that's okay.
Speaker 21: So I came into Orthodoxy based purely mainly like intellectually and just through like reading history, and I'm lot and I just wanted to know how to navigate, you know, going from the vital reality and really taking part in the you know, right.
Speaker 5: Well, that's so, that's that's right. So it's not Q and A. I'm not trying to be rude too, it's not you know, like catechumen days. So that's a question for you and your spiritual father, going deeper into your prayer life and all that, you should ask him. That ash not trying to be rude.
Speaker 7: Uh hey, can you hear me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sweet?
Speaker 22: So last when I was on we started talking about uh sol scriptura. Uh, I'm coming out of Protestantism and so I've had a couple of things to think about. And the question that you posed last time was how do I know as a like, sure, not as a Protestant anymore, but when I was a Protestant, how would I know that? Matthew wrote Matthew, and I would I was thinking last night, I was like, well, can a Protestants say that by the evidence of scholarly opinion that we can see that Matthew wrote Mathew, which I guess those scholars were just they would have to defer to the church anyway.
Speaker 5: So the evidence is going to be based on the historical transmission, preservation, and self knowledge that the church in history has. That's the point. So it's missing the point to say, oh, well, I can go to the consensus of scholars. And by the way, there's tons of liberal scholars who probably don't believe that, So how is that going to help anybody figure out canonicity? Apistolic authorship is only one of the elements that would go into why Matthew's Gospel be included. There'd be other things too, like was this gospel read in the Apostolic sees, was it read in the majority of the sees throughout the empire? Was it read in electionaries which are liturgical readings and daily readings in the churches. All of these would be elements as to how and why the Church would or would not have included various books within the Bible. And the point is that there's no fallible means to base the Bible on without ending up with a fallible collection, and thus the Bible becoming fallible. So every president who wants an inerrant infallible Bible is just continuing to spin the hamster wheel, missing the point that the argument is not just oh, you need a church to tell you the canon. The argument is that you cannot actually get the autograph of the ones that Paul wrote, the ones that Matthew wrote, without assuming that the church within history, after the death of the Apostles for centuries accurately preserved copied the Bible.
Speaker 2: Sure, it's like you said before that like what is the grid to choose?
Speaker 12: Also what scholar to follow?
Speaker 22: So if you're a Protestant, since you don't have really apistemological kind of lens to point to, like, oh, well, I have an inbound source because you know, Sproul says the dumb axiom of fallible collection of infallible book. I have to sit there and claim, well, I guess it's just fallible means that get me my infallible books.
Speaker 5: That doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm saying. The Protestant would have to sit there, and if they.
Speaker 12: Were honest with themselves, they would say, okay, I received.
Speaker 2: My books, my sixty six books.
Speaker 22: The Protestant canon by fallible means, by the means of the scholars that I pick the history that I.
Speaker 5: Pick, right, So it's a non sequit or to then say that if the Bible is based on that, then it can't be infallible.
Speaker 12: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, it's just chaos. Okay, that's the question I had.
Speaker 4: Thanks Man, good Hill, old Gunhild, Gunhild.
Speaker 9: Are you there?
Speaker 2: Let me.
Speaker 5: You have to turn your mic on. Man, I don't like, I don't know where you guys as nobody used to a space.
Speaker 2: And are Hey, Jake, I have a question.
Speaker 23: I want so I want to be Orthodox, but I have questions about rebaptism and and just kind of rigorism in general rocre generally. Uh you know they I know, I know it's a pejorative to call it corrective baptism. But if I came from a Roman Catholic background and they want to do that, what are the consequences of that?
Speaker 2: And do you find it?
Speaker 5: Why would there be consequences? What do you mean why would you not just submit to what your elders are telling you? What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So I guess that's my question. So I should just do that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and this is yeah, and it's not it's not I'm not trying to be rude to you. It's just it's not catechumen, ethic unite. It's debate night. But yeah, just submit to your elders. Cornelius. What's up, Elder ten dollars. I learned a lot about orthodoxally the past few months lurking in your book recommendations. Thank you, thank you, man. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Jay.
Speaker 5: I've been remember hold on, I've been remember your website. Mister Anderson three dollars tried to watch the full video on history of the Left, and it brought me to the YouTube it says I need to be a member. Yeah. I realized that after I started making the YouTube lectures Members video that the people who are on the website are not going to get that. You still have all the audio, and I've only done it to five videos, so you're not I mean, it's just me talking anyway, so you might as well just listen to the audio. But I'm gonna have to figure out how to do that. I guess I'm about to have to make a copy. Anytime I move a video from YouTube private to members I'll have to make a copy for drought boxing and for the website. What's up, man, Yes, sir, you.
Speaker 24: Have criticized the pope for kissing the Quran, I think for the second.
Speaker 5: Yet I've gone way deeper than that. I think that's pretty good. I know, I know, I know, mild compared to a lot of the other criticisms.
Speaker 20: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 24: But what I wanted to say. I saw a video on YouTube of Patriarch Carell who was in a children hospital. It's all on Russian, but he was in the children's hospital and said I translated into English. He said, he said, therefore, pray with all your heart and ask the Lord for help.
Speaker 2: I know that both Christians and Muslims are here.
Speaker 24: Each one addresses the same God, the Creator, and response to this we receive real divine help.
Speaker 5: I don't have a problem saying that. I don't have a problem saying he can get things wrong. And do you think the Orthodox system of theology is the same as the Roman Catholic system.
Speaker 24: So for clarification, I'm Serbian Orthodox, I'm not Catholic.
Speaker 5: Okay, so what's the point.
Speaker 2: Yes, I have a problem with with this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just I just agreed that it's wrong.
Speaker 8: So so you did you agree with him or do you?
Speaker 5: Of course I don't agree with that. I just said he can be.
Speaker 2: Wrong, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 24: Don't you think it should be addressed by other patriarchs like.
Speaker 2: Porphylia from Serbia?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know, I think him, but I would imagine it ought to.
Speaker 2: Be m hmm. It's seven years old. I don't know if you believe me of what I called it.
Speaker 5: I don't know that. I don't know Russian, but like either way, whether it's translated accurately or not, Like, yes, I'm sure there's a humanist tendencies like Hilary and Alfia. He had a humanist tendency, so I'm sure he said a lot of wrong things too, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah.
Speaker 24: So the argument from you is that the patriarch doesn't isn't available like Catholic streame for the pope, and therefore if he says something wrong, it doesn't destroy Althodo.
Speaker 2: Did I get Detroit? Yeah?
Speaker 5: The whole church is not built on the faith of the guy in Rome m h. Whereas Vatican, Vatican One, nor any of them, but in One builds everything on what is happening with Francis.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, okay, mm hm m hm m.
Speaker 5: That's said, thank you, sure, fair question, he roes. What's up. No, I don't accept that Islam is a Brahmic. I don't believe that at all. I mean, I made this argument hundreds of times. What's up? He's having hard time connecting?
Speaker 12: Can you hear me?
Speaker 25: I just wanted to ask. I was reading something Beluther that I don't know if it's true or not. They it's a patron that was connected or a member of the rules a Crucians.
Speaker 5: As possible. I know that the second generation Lutherans like Johann Andre are believed to be some of the early founders of the Rosicrucian order, and Luther did have a lot of support from the German princes. That was part of the reason why he was successful. I don't think he could have been successful without that state support in terms of Germany and the Reformation. But later Lutherans were for sure into Roschritianism. But I would not be surprised that there wasn't a patron that was as well.
Speaker 2: Okay, I just I was just wondering.
Speaker 25: I know, I noticed he used a symbol like a ros Acrucion symbols as a kind of signatory on documents.
Speaker 5: Well, that might have been his choice, though prior to the order of the rosy cross using it, it's not. I mean, you can't base the argument just on the symbol, because you know, there's a rose cross that I'm sure was used in Catholic churches prior to that, it would have been rosicrution necessarily. But I think when if you look up the character Johann andre it does specifically become a Rosicrucian symbol at that point. And Luther had other esoteric influences. He was influenced by the Theologia Germanica, which is a kind of a Neoplatonic type text. Luther was influenced by nominalism as well as Neoplatonism, so there's a lot of possibilities there. But the book to read on this is Dame Francis yates book Rosicrucian Enlightenment, where she goes into quite a bit of detail about Johann andre As, the potential author of the Rosicrucian Manifesto. Time to Crusade is a stream doing decent. Okay, now, maybe it's better this way. What's up, man, I'm you Union Jose Biden. Five dollars. You said Maximus taught the soul has created an inception. I heard John Damascus teaches that we're generated from Adam and all the fathers, and all of humanity from our fathers and all humanities created within our atom. Our souls are generated, not created. No, that's not true. I mean there is. Maybe John Damascus was a Traducian, but the same Maximus Confessor is not a Traducian. So I'm not aware of the Orthodox Church holding to introductionism. But I mean, I could be wrong, and I don't recall off the top of my head John mask is saying that. But Maximus is very clear in the ambiguity that the soul is created at conception Elias by two dollars? Will you cover the released MLK files now? Probably not a freem.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 26: Can you hear me?
Speaker 27: Yeah?
Speaker 28: Can you hear me?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 5: Yeah? What's up?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 5: Yes, I can hear you can hear me? King anime? I heard diary is autistic. I don't think I am. I think seems like people with thetism have a hard time with comedy and they can't tell when people are joking, but probably everybody to a degree has those of the tism. What's up?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: He got on you. You're raising your hand, I'm you.
Speaker 2: Oh hello? Oh?
Speaker 29: So yeah.
Speaker 8: I asked some questions about the Sabbath.
Speaker 2: So I heard, uh, I'm pretty.
Speaker 8: Sure you know sab simonies.
Speaker 2: I think that's just not He was on first and Fleet.
Speaker 30: So the way he described the Sabbath I think was I didn't find it satisfaction because.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know what. I don't know what he argued about the Sabbath. What's the question, So do you think.
Speaker 8: Christians do have to keep the Sabbath the way it says in the Fourth Commandment.
Speaker 5: The way that it's kept is the way that the New Testament the Apostles keep it, which is the first day of the week is the day of the Lord where the Church comes together and celebrates the liturgy. In the Orthodox Church the seventh Day, the seventh Day Sabbath is still kept on in the vesper's service. It's still honored on Saturday. But no, as Hebrews four says, the true Sabbath has been brought to us in the person of Christ. So there's a superiority now to the true Sabbath, which is the Christian liturgical service.
Speaker 8: So would you consider that to be in a tipped at changing.
Speaker 5: Godswel No, Because Jesus is the one that gave the law. He is God. He's the one that decides and determines how it's kept and how it's interpreted.
Speaker 8: So but when he, like, when did he ever say that Jesus change his Sabbath.
Speaker 5: Hebrews four explains that when Jesus came, he brought at his first advent the fulfillment and the meaning of the creation day Sabbath. Thus, the day of his resurrection is the Sabbath, according to Hebrews four. And that's why the Church in the Book of Acts and John in the Book of Revelations says, I was in the spirit on the Lord's Day. That's the day of his resurrection. In the Book of Acts, that's when the church meets to have the Divine Liturgy, the Church service. That's why it's Sunday, okay.
Speaker 8: And you know, because I was confused on like what people were saying about. They think because based.
Speaker 30: On in Genesis when it said the evening in the morning, he didn't say that at the end of the seven days.
Speaker 8: So people try to.
Speaker 30: Say that that's their basically their argument for thinking that we're in Gode now, which I thought to be very confusing because I.
Speaker 2: Don't really get that.
Speaker 5: Have you not read have you read Hebrews?
Speaker 30: I see the verse that Sam pointed out, So I'm pretty sure the verse you're referring to.
Speaker 5: I just think all of chapter four is about the Sabbath being brought at Christ's first Advent. Okay, So all of these Jewish ceremonies, they symbolize the work and life of Christ and the reality that he brings at the first Advent.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 8: And what do you think about the theocracies?
Speaker 30: Do you think Christians should try to establish a theocracy like in the United States now?
Speaker 5: I think the goal is to convert people and then it will naturally tend towards a monarchy or an imperium or theocracy. So theocracy is the biblical form of government. That's why the Orthodox Church throughout two thousand years has always had monarchical or imperial forms of government. But it's not our first and foremost duty to set up a theocracy. So that's something that happens down the line as people convert when you have a majority Christian Orthodox society clone card. All right, he dropped off Vesper vesper Lend, vesper Lend. When you're gonna debate paul Ogia, all of these people can come into the chat like, I'm not chasing down people with like a thousand subscribers and all these gurgus, you guys, if they won't come to debate, then no, I'm not gonna chase down. I have no idea who Paulogia is. If they if they want to come debate, here's the link when you go and debate Arian Heretics six y nine four three two on YouTube. He's got feather subscribers, he's token smack. That's what the link is for. Dog Vesper what's up? You get to turn your mic on?
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 5: Moving on, Danny? Is it Danny?
Speaker 2: Danny?
Speaker 5: Donnie Akula. It's open for him. If you want to request to speak, I'll bring you on. It's open debate. We're looking for people who would like to debate. Pologia has a million subs. Okay, well I've never heard of Pologia. I have no idea who it is. Selmoxis spends fifty bucks. Can you walk us through the documents from Trello and the Seventh Council affirmed in terms of canon. Okay, so Canon eighty five of the Apostolic Canons is mentioned, it's the Councils of Carthage that Trollo says specifically for the canon, Canon eighty five is relevant because it's a very early attestation in the Apostolic Canons to the Deutero canon being part of the Bible. And so if you have the or the oars Augomatic theology Palmazonski, you don't even need me to walk you through it. Maybe I should make a video on it, because I mean he talks about it within the first like thirty pages. And so there's a whole note on the Epistolic Canons and Canon thirty five. But Canon thirty five doesn't mention everything that's in our canon. And that's because the Seventh Acumunical Council winner to firms Trello. Trello specifically says, we are going with the Carthaginian canon, which includes all the dudercononical texts. I'm mute, Danny, or you want do you want to talk?
Speaker 4: Or what something?
Speaker 5: Man thank you guys for all the super chants. Appreciate it. You guys are being generous tonight, Donnie. I'm all right, whatever, don't I mute? Then Bible shelf?
Speaker 2: Hi, can you hear me?
Speaker 9: Uh huh?
Speaker 31: So I just wanted to ask, I guess for like advice for someone who's a lost and it's.
Speaker 12: Currently studying tag.
Speaker 31: But I'm kind of just feeling like overwhelmed by all the objections and I would I attend church, but I guess I'm kind of like agnostic, and I just.
Speaker 12: Feel like it requires such a high.
Speaker 31: Level of philosophical knowledge and all the objections are like so complex that's kind of hard to know what's true. And I'm just in this like state of like not knowing or like uncertainty. But then I have Christians saying, oh, well, if you die upon disbelief for your you're probably gonna go to.
Speaker 5: Help, so you know, I mean, I think the point is that you join the Orthodox Church and become a regular member, and you don't rest on the academic rational side of stuff. It's not that the rational academic stuff is wrong or bad, but it can't all rest on that. That's like a sign pointer to the church. Yah kub, what's up? Yah kub? His name is Jacob, but I'm calling him yah kub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's up? What's up? Yep? Yeah, I followed you for a long time. I really like the content, and I've been reading. I've been reading more some Dogma.
Speaker 14: I'm like six pages in and he's talking about the early Christian mysteries, and I just wanted to know what exactly you would say about the statements that he's giving.
Speaker 2: So he will give like four hands, you.
Speaker 14: Profane, or that giving the Christian mysteries is start putting a sword into the hands of a child, these kinds and things.
Speaker 5: I mean, he has a whole chapter where he talks about that real Christianity is Neoplatonism, basically affirms originism. He says, that's what the Trinity really is. So no, we don't listen to Albert Pike and Neoplatonism for what Christianity is.
Speaker 14: I mean, I mean, sorry, sorry, but he says, for example, Cyril, all right, he'll say the Lord explained in private his parables.
Speaker 5: That does mean what ye what he says, He's just referring to the Gnostic claim that true Christianity is a hidden message. But if you read here in as in book three and four against Heresies, and as says that there's nothing hidden in Christianity. It's all public.
Speaker 2: Hmm, yeah, I get that.
Speaker 14: No, it's just been very, very crazy because you gave like thirteen thirteen quotes by different church fatherst it all said that they for example, you have Totullian saying that, yeah, okay, if it makes sense, makes sense.
Speaker 5: So the saying why go ahead, What's what are the other quotes about?
Speaker 2: So it's like thirteen.
Speaker 14: First he starts off with Clements not initiated to Trollanto. Then he goes to Titullian, who's a heretic, as.
Speaker 5: He said, Then Clement is a heretic too, but go ahead, the heretic too.
Speaker 14: Then as I don't know how to say his name, sorry, I'm uh, he says, these mysteries the church now communicates to him who has passed through the introductory degree. They are not explained to the gentiles at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is just all nonsense. Like when you join the Orthodox Church, there's no secret inner gnostic teaching that the Orthodox Church passes on to the Gnostic inner elite. That's why the whole purpose of rols and dogma. Is that Albert probably is saying, you, you know what people call Christianity and the Orthodox Churches or the Catholic Church, that's not real Christianity. That's for the profane. I have the real secrets. That's just a sleight of hand trick.
Speaker 27: Oh yeah, absolutely, it's social pride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. I'm a Christian tioper.
Speaker 5: So what's what's the quest?
Speaker 14: I don't understand what I'm just I'm just confused because I'm trying to find out how to how to interpret these quotes.
Speaker 2: But these early church fathers.
Speaker 14: As for example, you will have Saint Basil. He's saying, this is what the initiated. I'm not permitted to contemplate at the mysteries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean this is part of the Orthodox tradition that you don't speak of the mysteries to those outside because they don't understand it, they're not going to believe it. And that's why in the Orthodox Church it is called mystagogy. It is a mystical teaching. But mysteries does not mean Albert Pike's ancient pagan mysteries. It means the mysteries of the Christian revelation, which are not always forever hidden. They are mysteries that are revealed to the initiated. That's why baptism is called the right of initiation in Christianity. Let me give you another example. When you're baptized, you're called illumined or enlightened. That doesn't mean you're an enlightenment member of the Illuminati because you're baptized.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yeah, for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 14: I didn't know about the mysteries not being talked about openly.
Speaker 2: In that way.
Speaker 5: Well, in the Early Church and the liturgy, for example, it says, you know, I will not when we do the communion prayer, we say I will not speak of thy mysteries to thine enemy. And the church says in the liturgy, let the catechumans depart, let no catechumens remain. That's because in the Early Church there was persecution and the Empire would send spies into the churches and lie about them and say, oh, they're actually engaging in human sacrifice. And if you spoke about the mysteries outside the church, you could potentially have the church uh busted up because they're in the catacombs.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he mentions this too. Yeah.
Speaker 5: He mentions that, Yeah, okay, but that doesn't prove Albert Pike's secret gnostic teaching of true Christianity. In the premac Lodges, you.
Speaker 14: Want to hear something funny, right right right after he says this, he goes over the assasination of Charms o'haram and he says, literally he says it.
Speaker 27: Then he says, the edaculation at his grave was repeated three times.
Speaker 5: So what, I don't know what you're saying.
Speaker 14: Theulation echaculation of who of the three of the three Masons that were trying to resurrect him.
Speaker 5: I didn't know he said that. That's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No one talked about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, no, that's that's interesting. I've never found anybody until I read that chapter on what he thinks Christianity really is in terms of the trinity that he says, it's just neoplatonism. I've never heard anybody talk about that either.
Speaker 4: Let's let me pull up the Appstot Cannons and it's eighty five.
Speaker 2: Hello, yes, sir, Yeah, I just want to ask you.
Speaker 32: So I used to be a Catholic, but I've since become an agnostic, So I want to ask you, what's the basis for creashu ex lehilo.
Speaker 5: Well, the only basis is that it's divine revelation. And I mean, you could make some philosophical arguments about the need for the philosophy of time itself requiring a beginning, middle, and an end for meaning. That would be kind of a more roundabout transcendental argument, because if everything is just say eternal return, or if everything is pure it just caustant cyclical return, then it would be very difficult to have differentiation, succession, change, et cetera. Everything would be an eternal in eternal stasis. So those are some things that could point to the need philosophically for a beginning, but not necessarily x neilo. Xnilo is a doctrine that's based on divine revelation.
Speaker 32: Okay, so I would have posit if I would have posit that there's literally creation itself, but there was now beginning and new end.
Speaker 5: So that's what I just said. So, if everything is at any if everything is an eternal return, what's the basis for beginning, middle, and end, which is how all human communication, sentence structure language works. If you don't have beginning, middle, and end, how do you have communication?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's what you're alluding to.
Speaker 27: I suppose it's it's divinely audience.
Speaker 32: It's it just came into being.
Speaker 5: Or did you hear anything of what I said? So you're not going to answer anything that I said. You're going to go back to stating what the problem is?
Speaker 2: Okay, what what? What did you say? Can you refrase it?
Speaker 5: So I took you to say that if there's not x nilo, then everything is just eternal, right, the created order or this world, it's all just eternal, right, So there's not beginning, there's not beginning, middle.
Speaker 26: And end.
Speaker 5: Everything is just an eternal return or an oral burrows ever eating itself right yep? Okay, Well, if there's not beginning, middle, and end, then sentences aren't possible because sentences and language universally in the human domain require beginning, middle, and end. So that suggests to me that the way that humans are constituted and experienced time is as a beginning, middle, and end. But that would be illusory if there's no such thing as beginning, middle, and end. So you're collapsing time into eternity, and that would make knowledge and communication impossible.
Speaker 2: But why would it be impossible because.
Speaker 5: Of what I just said. Did you not hear anything I said, Yeah, I did.
Speaker 32: But before the sentence they were silence, right, and before silence there was a sentence preceding that.
Speaker 5: So before and after then that's not eternal return, that's time. What you said is eternally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, e tanty in time.
Speaker 32: So I know it's a bit of a paradox, but the continues.
Speaker 5: Oh so you're allowed to have well, you're allowed paradoxes by creation. Next, Neilo is crazy. All right, you're not You're not even listening, so we're moving on. Uh, let's see Ben m.
Speaker 33: Okay, Okay, hello, yep, hey Jay, you're going to question about Orthodox Church history.
Speaker 5: Okay, in the history.
Speaker 12: Do you know in the history when.
Speaker 34: In the history of the Orthodox Church was the advent of choosing saint names among laity?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 34: I'm assuming that was probably the result of people having names that like diverged from biblical names, and I wonder if that would be constitute an evolution on the practice of the church tradition.
Speaker 5: Well, in the old estimate you have people being given new names. For example, Abram becomes Abraham. Can you mute for a second one. Yep, all right, so Sarah Sarah, I becomes Sarah. So the basis is in the mind of I'm sure the early Christians, the Bible and divine revelation and the history of the Hebrews. I don't think it was just willy nearly done. There's plenty of saints in the early Church who have pagan names who become saints. So I don't think there was any idea that if you had a pagan name you had to change it necessarily because you were a Christian. It had to do with the idea of patron saints and saints interceding, which is very early in the tradition of the Church. But just because the tradition emerges as universal eventually, that doesn't that doesn't prove doctrinal development, because we don't have a problem with little tea traditions happening over time. And obviously it's quite natural that if there's going to be a saint who dies in the fifth, sixth, seventh century, they're not going to be saints in the first, second, or third century because they don't exist yet. That's not development of doctrine. That's the application of the basics of dogma to specific situations. So, for example, canon law, if you see up on the screen, this is the Apostolic canons, and these are ideas and rules about church law that have some kind of flexibility over time. But that flexibility over time does not translate into doctrinal development. It's just simply the Church using the static, unchanging principles of theology and applying them to the needs of the time or in specific locations.
Speaker 2: Okay, gotcha, thanks, Yeah, it's actually.
Speaker 5: A really good question. Also, people should keep in mind that when we look at the first, second, third, fourth century of the Church, there's a lot of fighting that we have, but there's also a lot of things we don't know, and so a lot of things are in a sense shrouded and silence in certain areas. You know, there's places where Christianity went and we don't know what happened to Christianity in that region. There's churches and nations even that don't exist anymore. So a lot of these things we can't just go like look up and see. You know, there's a lot when it comes to like ancient textual analysis or ancient archaeology at you know, Christian sites or catacombs. There's a level of guesswork that scholars engage in because we don't know everything. Now, that doesn't mean we know nothing. I'm just saying that there's a lot we don't know. There's a lot we do know, but also a lot that we don't know. Jacob. Now, guys, we're looking for people that disagree. I don't mind taking all the FAQs and all this stuff, but I look for people that disagree. If you do, you go to the headline what's up, Jacob, George Apocalypse Rising twenty bucks. Happy to see you still debating on the smooth Brains. Keep it up, Jay. Also, I believe Bankers on the Dance Floor is your greatest work. Hey, you're in the minority. There are not many people seem to really. I think that's a classic cringe core work. I wish it would have gotten more exposure. It seems like people would have really liked that one. But Dyersburg, Tennessee vols fan three dollars thank you for exposing Bertrand Russell. In the recent segment on Lord Voldemore, the mainstream media does not ever mention the dark side and portrays him as this pacist intellectual. Yeah, that's the cover that he had. He had the cover of being this democratic, pacifist intellectual, but he's a con seething hatred for humanity exactly intrinsic, in distinctive. Ten dollars brought U you have shop mind? I need a haircut. I actually almost got a haircut today, but we just didn't have time. And I'm eager to get a haircut. That's why I keep wearing hats, because I'm going my haircut yet. So as soon as I have time, I promise you I'll get a haircut. Y'all keep sending them super chats, I'll have money to go to head on over to superclips or supercuts or fantastic SAMs or whatever it is. Inquiry or five dollars? What are the questions that you're Protestant or Catholic priests weren't able to answer? I think I mentioned previously this question about the Protestants. I read a lot of Augustine, I wrote a lot of Cyprian. I was taking classes from Protestant professors. They couldn't answer my questions. From City of God, I read the entire City of God. Of course, the Protestant professors had never read it. So I had all this quote mine from the City of God. And then I read the anti Pelagian Antidonatus works and they couldn't answer any of those either. They had never read those works.
Speaker 12: And so.
Speaker 5: The Catholic priests, I mean I over the years talked a lot of Catholic priests Novasorto priests, SSPX priest said of a conscious priests, and I mean you could probably the questions that they couldn't answer are all the ones that you see me posing to the Roman Catholics all the time. Jojo one night and you ran from a baby? Yes, yes, I ran because there was a baby in the background. Totally m l k z d k.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 35: Go ahead, Hey, Jay, thank you for the species that you're hosting. My question is I'm an Orthodox Christian myself.
Speaker 5: And are you or are you Oriental Orthox.
Speaker 2: I'm an Oriental Orthodox.
Speaker 5: Christ You're not Orthodox in the sense that we are Eastern Orthodox.
Speaker 2: I have not, yeah, but I have really benefited both from.
Speaker 35: Eastern Orthodox and Orthodox Oriental Orthodox theologians over the years, my favorite being doctor Jini.
Speaker 2: Constantino on Ancient Phiz Radio. But my question is.
Speaker 35: I have a difficulty understanding the difference between in terms of dogmatic differences our understanding of Jesus Christ between amongst Oriental and Eastern Orthodox Christians.
Speaker 5: So we're doing a whole series on this. Got to my channel Oriental Ordoxy your futa. We've done two installments, we plan to do about ten mm. Have you watched those?
Speaker 2: No idea?
Speaker 5: Okay, so go watch those because they're about three hours each. Clead us, Do you want to try again? No way, I already went to you, mynnuel or re l.
Speaker 36: Hello, yep, So I wanted to ask you, like, I guess two questions, one about tag and one about Islam.
Speaker 12: Is that fine?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: So I guess my My question.
Speaker 29: About TAG is I understand that there are preconditions that like knowledge and logic, but I don't really understand, like how why is there necessity to ground those things? Can we just say like they just exists because of the impossibility of the country.
Speaker 2: Or something like that.
Speaker 5: Now, if you read the Manion paper explains why that doesn't achieve grounding. So just because it doesn't appear that there's any other way to exp playing things without that or to make sense of the world, that doesn't lead to the justification that it is the case because maybe it just appears to us or maybe it's just part of our mental schema that that's how the world is, But that doesn't tell us that the world actually is that way. So, in other words, it's not enough to get to justification just to say by possibility. Contrary, you need you need a positive worldview that goes along with that. And that's the point of the Manion paper is that only Christian theism posits and explains the basis for all of these things, transcetional categories, metaphysical categories, causation, telos tellos. So when you say why does it need to be grounded? I mean that's a fundamental misunderstanding of like, well, if it doesn't have to be grounded, then nobody has to ground anything. Okay, I mean if you don't have to ground it, that's like in the Matt Dill Hunty debate, like, Okay, then I don't then I don't have God exists, I don't have to ground it.
Speaker 27: Okay, Okay, yeah, that makes sense. And is it I just I would say, uh, is it?
Speaker 29: Is it like this sort of thing where it's like, oh, well, I'm seeing this thing and then necessary for grounding, and I see this other puzzle piece and they fit right?
Speaker 2: Is it like this?
Speaker 27: Is it like two puzzle pieces, like they just fit together?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: No, it's all the transcendental categories that are necessary for the possibility predication. They all require and necessitate and presuppose one another. So, you know, to have knowledge presupposes a knowwheer uh. To have knowledge presupposes time, determination, beginning, middle, and end. To have knowledge presupposes an external world presupposes laws of logic and meaningful sentences like and those things don't stand alone. They all require each other.
Speaker 29: Yeah, yeah, no, But my question is like how do you get from like these preconditions and grounding them to like an Eastern for the conception of God.
Speaker 5: I mean I've done this a million times, like because the only the Christian theistic system posits the metaphysics that are required for those things to be grounded, all right, and divine conceptualism is a big part of that. And you can go check out my videos on that. Uh, Eli Jojo, you ran from a baby four ninety nine, you were destroyed by Google, got got priso exactly. I couldn't take it. Uh, it was really just the loud noise. I'm not anti baby, It's just I couldn't hear what the guy what I was saying because the baby cap squelching. I just saw a membership. James David Flood became a member. Shout out, what's up, James David Flood, Eli you want I'm mute?
Speaker 2: Hey, do you hear me?
Speaker 37: I had a question on the veneration of saying, I get this, asked a lot from my family because they're still Protestants and I'm just now converting to wordsidoxy, how do you respond to when Protestants say, hey, the Bible has.
Speaker 2: Specifically mentioned the veneration of saints.
Speaker 12: You know, therefore it could be a bad, bad thing that you're doing.
Speaker 5: I mean, they're venerated and honored when they're in heaven and Revelation five through nine, the bones of Elisha raised people from the dead, so they're obviously honored by God because they're endued with the power to resurrect people. Cloths are taken from Paul's body in the Book of Acts to heal people and cast out demons, so God has indued those physical objects and the body of Paul with a divine power, which in the Book of Thessalonians he says is the dunamus, or the energy or power of God within him. So God honors his saints and his people. God honored the Virgin Mary by entering into her womb and denifying her and calling her queen of heaven and relation twelve. So God honors the saints. Why wouldn't we honor those that God honors? Gosh, I appreciate you, man, sure, yeah. Just go look up all those texts and then show those to your Protestant friends. Does anyone disagree? I mean, I'm not mad at you, guys, just like I see a bunch of Orthodox people who are cate of humans and people with questions, and those are people who disagree. If you want to come on to me. If you disagree, just please make arguments. Hey, ha tayo. Two pounds jaydagree Jamie, Hey, Jamie doubles press all time for Jay. According to JV Free two dollars word Gabe k ten bucks Jay, as you see martyrs in two thousand and eight, have not seen that. I'll have to check that out. Grip D. You want I mute? What's up?
Speaker 12: So he said the words soul.
Speaker 21: What is what is soul defined as.
Speaker 5: Like s O L E or s O U L?
Speaker 12: Is there a difference?
Speaker 5: Are you joking?
Speaker 2: No, I'm not joking at all.
Speaker 12: Is there a difference?
Speaker 5: No, there's no difference between the words soul s O L E and the word soul s O U L. There's literally no difference. Steven, what's up? And as sstro of five bucks? Do your best Matthew McConaughey impression. Well, actually, Matthew McConaughey, doesn't he fancy himself some kind of evangelical Let's see what would Matthew McConaughey when he reads the first Timothy three. Let's let's see how you would read it. Nah, these things, these things I write to you, though I come to you shortly, if I am delayed. I write so that you may know how you ought to conduct yourself in the House of God, which is.
Speaker 4: Church, living God, pillar and ground of truth.
Speaker 5: That's first Timothy theory. How's that I'm still a little uh sinus, See, so my impressions are not exactly right.
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 4: If I've got some sinusy things going on, Stephen, you want I mute?
Speaker 5: What's up? I don't understand the people who come on and they never unmute, Like, what what was the purpose?
Speaker 4: Are you there? Stephen?
Speaker 5: You have to turn your mic on if you're gonna come speak on a microphone. Elon sees, Kyle, my ologies is drawing me crazy to they too on top of the trees are on the juniper trees are on attack. They're an attack. Elon sees something. What's up?
Speaker 38: I'm mute, hey, Jamie, Jamie, and he an espresso. I'm mute, dude, Jamie, I'm singing that song.
Speaker 5: Could you met me? An expresso? Not an espresso, an X expresso? Thank you, dog. You don't want to talk, You just want to sit there. What's up?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 5: Elon wanna try again? Elon sees Kyle, here we go.
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Took a while to show up?
Speaker 39: Sorry, Hey, I just want to pick your brain on the topic of a humanism, because I hear you talking about it now and then, and it seems to be like a negative thing that we should, at least in your view, that we shouldn't be doing as Orthodox Christians.
Speaker 2: Christians.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a compromising obviously of the ancient tradition and the doctrine of the Body of Christ, ecclesiology, all of those things are compromised, you know. I mean they can say you can't go and pray in the synagogues and the and the temples of the heretics.
Speaker 39: Yeah, and I agree with that, but I kind of view that as I guess you could count as a humanism. But I thought humanism was more defined as regards to other groups of Christians like Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox getting together on certain things.
Speaker 2: And obviously we've no it has.
Speaker 5: To do with violating the canonical boundaries of the Church through public liturgical actions, ceremonies, et cetera. That's how it's defined. So you know, can there be some pro life thing where Catholics and Orthodox work together, Sure, that's not a cumenism. Communism is specifically about public divine worship. I mean it could also be like you write a book where you say something like, oh, we all have the same faith, we're all one church. I mean, it's not just liturgically, because it's also theologically. If you were to deny something, you know, in terms of the profession of faith, that would also count.
Speaker 39: Right and what abound in regards to praying together like outside of church.
Speaker 5: Well, you can pray and they can join with you, but we're not supposed to join in the services of others. Then that's the canonical strictures that I mentioned. But thank you for that. Anybody disagree, you go to the have the line Wesley cards two dollars. Yeah, the words are the same. Hence old food so o l e food. That would be like when you eat the sole of your shoe. Because of course there's no difference between the word soul s O l e and the word soul s o U l. What's the difference, Wesley?
Speaker 36: Yes, how do you do?
Speaker 8: Wesley?
Speaker 2: Curry?
Speaker 5: Okay, what's up? Do you've got curry Broda? You've got good foods there? You make a d what curry?
Speaker 32: This says?
Speaker 2: Look like a seven eleven? I look on six days ago.
Speaker 40: I prayed to Jesus Christ. I only pray to Jesus Christ, and no other name do I pray. I pray to Jesus who appear to you all and told you to.
Speaker 2: Tell the vision. Tell the vision. You shall not need the market.
Speaker 40: My career was that six days ago we give everybody on earth bread.
Speaker 2: Now those of you that sad, so we got only.
Speaker 5: Are going to goodbye Schizo, goodbye skitso right, enjoy Shukri Shukri. I'm mute. I'm mute, dude.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm maybe mm hmmm.
Speaker 19: Uh the connection is a little bit bad.
Speaker 10: But I have a question, Okay, are besides Christology other problematic differences between Eastern Orthodox and Oriental Orthodox?
Speaker 2: And does the Oriental as our church have valid priesthood.
Speaker 5: I don't know what valid is an ambiguous term because we don't think that it even matters. The ritual could be done right, they might be received by vesting, but the grace of the rights doesn't return until they return to Orthodoxy. So uh yeah, I mean there, We're doing a whole series. Go watch the series that we're doing on this. This is not Oriental Q and a Night. We've done two lectures that are multi hours long about or into Orthodoxy, and we're going to do seven more. It's just gonna take time. If you have a question, you can come on request to speak, but I'm looking for people who disagree who would like to come up. If you're a Protestant, if you're a Roman Catholic, if you're a premillennial, dispensationalist, if you're a Muslim, if you're a Gnostic, if you're a Mormon, if you're an atheist, if you're a Hebrew Roots supporter of any kind, You're welcome to request to speak, and I'll bring you up. You can ask your questions or you can make an argument. You can speak for as long as you'd like, if you'd like to debate within reason. Oxios.
Speaker 2: Hello, Yeah, Okay, So I had this question.
Speaker 27: I couldn't really get an astron on Google.
Speaker 28: But in the Old Testament, when God heartened Pharaoh's heart, I'm not sure exactly how to understand that, probably because it's it sounds like the.
Speaker 5: Other passage explains how he hearted it. It says he hardened it by allowing Pharaoh to hearten his own heart. So the two passages together give you the clue as to how it occurs. And you have the same thing with David taking the census. One passage says God moved David to take a census, which was a great sin, and the other passage and the other historical book says that Satan moved David to take a census. So, just like with Pharaoh, the way that God allowed. That was allowing Satan to attempt David in that way. So that's how that happens. It's a boat and cleat us again.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's up, Jay, I'm back again. Remind me of what we're talking about.
Speaker 23: I forgot it was about rebaptism. You kind of unlocked me because of the way I'm just not used to.
Speaker 2: I guess what youcked me? Mental?
Speaker 5: Does that mean?
Speaker 23: Sunlock is like, let's say you hit like a goat with like I don't know, a ball, you know.
Speaker 2: How like goats faint?
Speaker 4: Goats faint?
Speaker 2: Have you ever seen like YouTube.
Speaker 23: Videos of goats fainting? They like get stun locked and they just like tip over? No, okay, well that's a term.
Speaker 5: I mean. Also, I'm gonna go subscribe to the goat fainting channels when we get off it here, But go ahead.
Speaker 23: Well, so I just I basically I wanted to because I don't know. I am a cate of human but but right, I'm not fully orthodox yet, I guess you know.
Speaker 2: I hope that's valid.
Speaker 5: I have a video on this if you could just type into YouTube the question of rebaptism.
Speaker 12: So is that.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's not it's not ethic. I'm not to be mean, it's just it's not ethic.
Speaker 23: You nine, well, no, I guess I understand that too, but I mean I so basically it's kind of question of what is the lesser of two evils? If that makes sense, And because everywhere there's problems.
Speaker 5: With you know, I don't understand what you're talking. What's the lesser between what?
Speaker 23: Well, so if there are inconsistencies slightly in all the churches, right.
Speaker 5: The Orthodox position is on economia or on economia, is that it's up to the local bishops to decide how and when and whether baptism is necessary, whether there's a profession renunciation of errors, cherstmation, it's a local decision. There does not have to be a one size fits all rule. And that's a difference from Roman Catholicism. Roman Catholicism assumes that there's a one size fits all rule. But even Roman Catholics have conditional baptism, so they do the exact same thing. So again I don't even understand what. Go watch the video that I've made on this topic. It's just type in rebaptism. JDR. Not being mean to you, it's just it's not faq, Knight, it's not catech human question nite. I'm looking for people who disagree. We got one hundred and five people in here, and most of the time the questions like that that come, or the never ending Oriental Orthodox questions. That's why we're doing this ongoing series so that I don't have to repeat the same answers every time we do this live stream. I'm not being mean. It's not really imagine you, guys, if you had repeated something that's been asked to you literally hundreds of times. That's the reason that I seem dismissive is not because I don't like you, or I hate people, or I he's mean. It's that we make videos and podcasts on these topics so that I don't have to keep doing that so I can tell you, hey, guess what this FAQ question. We've already got a whole talk on it. And a lot of people are freaking lazy, man. They won't go and find the videos. I understand it's not all laziness, because sometimes the videos are buried in the YouTube algorithm, but a lot of these questions they're pretty easy to like get, they're easy to find, so if it's me saying like tonight is debate night. That means it's not what do I do for fasting? What's the proper spirit prayer rule?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well, what's the cannon on?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 19: You know?
Speaker 5: Can I go to the movies? Or like, it's not what we're doing tonight. It says that the top Debate night, Steven.
Speaker 8: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 9: Good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was on earlier.
Speaker 41: I think I'm a problem with my mic on my laptop ever since we got this new microphone.
Speaker 29: I'm not I'm not a technician when it when it comes to laptops.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, But before I go to my question, first, I want to say Jay, I thought.
Speaker 2: He did a really good Matthew mcconnoughey, thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 2: So my question is about.
Speaker 18: The cannon.
Speaker 5: You're cutting out, man, can't harry you? Uh you you've cut out man. Let's see that guy. There was one guy that clipped a maybe it's just baptisms not rebuilt. There's a guy that clipped it and it was a different channel. It wasn't my channel.
Speaker 8: Riptured.
Speaker 5: You're ear cutting out man. I don't know, Kenny.
Speaker 12: I can't hear you at all.
Speaker 5: That's you're in bro, all right, it's open for him. I'm looking for people who disagree. That means not f a questions, not catechumen question night. If you disagree, you go to the head of the line. What did that guy title that video? The thing that's annoying is that you you basically have to have like the perfect title or it doesn't come up.
Speaker 14: It was.
Speaker 42: Let's try it orthodox baptism. I don't know why that's the only thing that comes up. This might be old now this maybe this is it, and this isn't it. I don't know why it doesn't come up.
Speaker 5: Maybe this is it. No, that's not it. Well, I thought, maybe we get some Protestants coming in tonight, but I don't really, we're not getting much of that. We just got a couple kind of lunatic people. What was the name of that video? Orthodox? Let's see valid?
Speaker 4: Maybe it was.
Speaker 5: Valid? Is always what confuses people. I don't know. I don't even have the energy to look for it. Awakened. There was a guy that was making clips and he clipped a really good, like twenty minute discussion on baptism and rebaptism, and I thought, you know, finally we have like the video where I don't have to repeat this tell me? Do you a lot of stream? And I'm so tired of PSA like, I mean, I mean, I've explained and are you the PSA thing probably like at least a few hundred times in the last five years. I hate this or saved like, Oh, I can't stand these questions. Man, I'm yeah, man, what's up?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 12: You do you hear me?
Speaker 26: Huh?
Speaker 12: Yeah? I am cradle and probably not.
Speaker 43: Asking a debate question, so I hope you don't mind. But I just had a question with regards to Catholic apologetics. Okay, as it relates to Oriental orthodoxy, which you could shut me down if you're going to detail it in your channel, But because I was curious. Sometimes I hear them throw around it seems like a lazy argument, but I don't have a good response to it. That they're kind of concilier, you know, universal good by the Holy Spirit approach is essentially ours, and that we have no grounds to disparage them compared to ours, and since they have the Pope, they can you know, And I'm just curious how you'd basically respond to that if I praise that clearly.
Speaker 5: I don't understand what what's say it again?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm sure that I'm sorry.
Speaker 43: Essentially, like, you know, our epistemology is very similar to theirs, if that's the right word, Like the way we come to decisions through councils.
Speaker 12: Right, there's no pope declaring things.
Speaker 5: Ours is similar to the Roman Catholic to the Orientals. Oh I thought you said caloign nevermind.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 43: But the Catholics say that ours is similar to the Orientals, and that because of that, you know, we don't have the unifying leader to deduce between the two, right, that we have no grounding to say that we're right in their room.
Speaker 12: And I'm just curious from.
Speaker 43: Like authoritative standpoint, like, how would.
Speaker 12: You respond to that?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't think that the papacy does the work, but they think it does. So there, I suppose a solution to this problem is really a problem that everybody has. So, I mean, has Francis solved the problems in the church with his past fifteen years of just attend thirteen years of decisions? Has this has this worked?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 12: That's that's typically where I go, which is why I decide as on that.
Speaker 5: I mean, if that's the case, Like how was the how were the problem solved in the first three and twenty years before? Right before?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 5: And and I mean, does it even make sense to even cite Nicea if your Roman Catholic should be like, why didn't the pope just decide the issues at Nicea? Like because remember they'll cite Clements Ella Clements deciding issues. So he's the first autocrat universal pope example that we have post apostles. And it's like, okay, if that's how it works, then why is there a need for any problems to be squelched by an ecumenical council? Councils are a huge ordeal. They're called by emperors. Money is put into it from the imperial treasury. People are brought from, you know, hundreds of miles away. It takes forever. It's a huge ordeal in the ancient world. And according to them, the problems are just solved by the pope's decisions, according to batic and one.
Speaker 12: So all of that he lets us two councils, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Well? I mean, why is he being nice when he could be it could be a lot more efficient and like sensible and pragmatic I thought that's what they're all about, right, like the oh yeah, another if you remember this what a bar actually says. He's like, well, the pope had that power book, he did in no ways use it. Oh so in other words, he failed at what he was supposed to do throughout the first thousand years. That's what you're saying, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's ridiculous. I think that's very eloquently for.
Speaker 2: To thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, I just think that this that whole thing is a thing that evolved and let's a young potawan. What's up, dude? Dollars are getting to me? Thor is dead. Five dollars God logic tactic. Interpret Protestant proof texts, draw them in and then say we just reading Maine. I could try that tactic, just read the text and be like, oh, we're just reading dog little Blue. Two dollars. You got a soul patch so o l E underneath your lip exactly except I shaved it. Viga less guys, spread the love for Jade daigre. What does that mean? Is that like the Daugasteini version of dire, I don't know what that means? Young whatever boom or unmute.
Speaker 12: Hey Jay, I'm a Protestant bro.
Speaker 5: So, okay, what's up?
Speaker 2: Who's talking right now?
Speaker 5: I'm talking to you. I was impersonating you.
Speaker 12: Oh hey, bro, So I have a question.
Speaker 41: So I have a Protestant background, and you know, I got a Catholic church right next to me, and so I'm going to try and hit an Orthodox church.
Speaker 2: Allow.
Speaker 41: I want to thank you for the recommendations of Saint Cyril of Alexandria and the Christological controversy. I'm also listening to the Apstock Fathers great things.
Speaker 12: But I wanted to ask you.
Speaker 41: You know, since you are Orthodox, what is the teaching as it relates to the household, especially the father and or a husband.
Speaker 2: And like Protestant.
Speaker 41: Background, there's always this like working as a team, help your wife grow in Christ. Is that the same for Orthodox for Orthodoxy or is it more of a leadership driven role In Orthodoxy?
Speaker 5: I would say it should be a leadership driven role. I don't see this idea of egalitarianism. I mean, you can have a position of authority and work as a team. There's nothing about team that necessitates there being egalitarianism per se. You can have a team leader. I mean, so the terminology is kind of vague, but I mean I would I would say the religion is one patriarchal got it.
Speaker 12: That was the answer I wanted.
Speaker 2: Man, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you're gonna find libs everywhere, though, So you're gonna you can find an Orthodox church where some woman will tell you that we're working to bring priests women priests to the church and get rid of the patriarch. I'm sure you can find some. It's always going to be some fat woman too, that's saying that. I'm sure you can find it. Ninety some fat feminists. I'm sure. Just go to ancient faith radio. The women that you find on there, that's they're going to be pushing that probably. Uh, it's open for him. Anybody want to come to debate. We've got still got ninety people in here. We've only been going for hour forty five. No Protestants that disagree, No Roman Catholics that disagree, No Gnostics, no Mormons. No, I'm just almost starting naming all the cults.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: No om Shinrico proponents, No Evangelical Calvinists, no Reformed Baptists. Know how many cults?
Speaker 4: Can we go through all of them?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 4: No Mendians no Druze, no Hashamites, no Hasha Shim, no Shiah, no Hebrew roots.
Speaker 2: Let's see we.
Speaker 5: Got red patriot. Oh my gosh, Marxist Leninists, this will be good. Hello, what's up?
Speaker 2: I'm a Christian Communist.
Speaker 5: It doesn't exist, is the I.
Speaker 44: Don't think any church on earth right now is is as concerned as they should be with the prohibited uh practice of usury. I think all of the churches practice usury in their own their own organizations and uh as we know in the Lord's prayer.
Speaker 5: How to Orthodox churchs practice usury in their organizations? What does that mean?
Speaker 23: Well, I mean there's a lot of things to be concerned with with usury and the Orthodox Church.
Speaker 44: Your churches are just not as committed to the Christian spirit, you know.
Speaker 5: And so your answer to that question was to restate the original thing in question.
Speaker 44: You know, Yeah, it's it's it's a and then you also canonize like people like.
Speaker 5: The again again full of full of usurers.
Speaker 2: Dynasty is no ideal.
Speaker 5: So you're not going to answer. So, and there is no such thing as a Christian communists. You just made up your own thing.
Speaker 2: You you can you can dismiss me on.
Speaker 5: You're not going to answer the questions, is why I'm moving on.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And your argument was to restake your position twice and then again three times in a row, so that doesn't constitute an argument. I asked you specifically for what the argument was that Orthodox organizations are participating in usury. You restated the thing in question, and then you said the Ramanovs included usurers. The Orthodox position of sainthood can include people who did not necessarily live exemplar relives, but for example, confessed at their death and became martyrs. So that doesn't even negate the Ramanovs. And I'm not even sure that the Romanovs were a bunch of users. I mean, I don't even know, except I accept that assertion. You need to demonstrate that from the outset. But you weren't going to answer any questions. You just wanted to gap and make up your own. There's also thing as a Christian Communist Marxist doesn't exist. It's a made up thing. Does anyone have an argument? Anyone disagree? I'm not taking q and as I'm looking for people who disagree, any dispensation. It's any pre millennials, any sola fide so scripture.
Speaker 4: Anyone who's a Mormon, anyone who is a uh, let's see Joseph either dude.
Speaker 5: We already went to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 12: Jay's my question?
Speaker 45: He is like, you're a smart dude, And how how can you still believe in a younger? Like I hold Michael Jones position. I don't want to like get into like the logistics, but like, how do you still hold a younger?
Speaker 5: How do you not hold to it given the fact that it's built on so many lies?
Speaker 2: Like what about.
Speaker 5: So what about piltdown Man, Nebraska Man. You know they're ford their their frauds.
Speaker 2: Wait, what are you what is that?
Speaker 5: What are you talking about? You don't even know exactly, I don't know. I don't pilt down Man, Nebraska Man. They're famous frauds. And that's your example. You're supposed to nut. Your go to is this famous freaking laughable frauds. Cavemen. The Geico caveman is what you go to. Literally, like one of the most famous examples of this is like the most famous hosts pilt Down Man. And by the way, Nebraskaman's exact same. And why is the why is Taylor de Sharden popping up at all these By the way, anybody else looking for people who disagree? We look for the Muslims, the Mormons, the Atheists, the Dispensations, the Protestants, the Roman Catholics, of the Gnostics. I don't. I just simply am way more of a skeptic on scientism claims than what's his name aspiring philosophy would be a sparing philosophy defaults to a lot of this scientist domain, and I don't. I think a lot of that stuff is fraudulent. Oh my gosh, sure we go, Hey.
Speaker 26: J how are you?
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 2: Nothing much?
Speaker 33: So I come from a Muslim background, and I just requently watched your debate with Dake brinkintella. So I'm not as philosophical or I'm not as.
Speaker 19: Smart and philosophy as you guys are.
Speaker 33: So I had to struggle, you know, understanding the terms and everything of the debate. But I understand your point of that we count God by division and not by identity, and I just wanted to understand why.
Speaker 2: Is that that we don't count by identity.
Speaker 5: I didn't say that. I said that we count in different ways, different things in different ways, And I said that the ancient world counted by division. That that was uh, that was uncontroversial because you can look at al Gazali, you can look at Aristotle, you can look through medieval Earth manuals like that's how they counted. It's why the Nicene Creed says that God is won and indivisible. And when you read, for example, Maximus the Confessor, he talks about the monad is first, and then we have from the monad the diad, and it's a splitting of the monad into a diad and then into a triad. So that's literally dividing, counting by division.
Speaker 33: No, I understand the concept of counting by division, and I don't think that is inherently logical, you know what I mean, Like if we split a ply into three parts.
Speaker 19: It's still one pie.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm trying to say.
Speaker 5: But the point was that both Christians and Muslims would require counting both by division and by identity, depending upon what they were picking out in their respective deities. So when a Muslim picks out the singular divine essence, Algazali would say that God is indivisible. But when you're picking out specific divine attributes, you would need to identify them and pick them out in a different way.
Speaker 33: We still recognize that there are multiple attributes. We don't say that there are one attribute.
Speaker 19: We count attributes by identity as well, because.
Speaker 5: There I just said, you count the identity the attributes by identity.
Speaker 33: So in what way do we count in the Islamic conception, In what way do they count God?
Speaker 5: My point was that you also would require the same form of counting in both ways, as I understand, and that was against the position of Jake, who was that the only way to count is identity, which is a more of a modern idea.
Speaker 33: No, I understand your point now, but I'm trying to say, in what sense in the Islamic conception do they count by a divisibility.
Speaker 5: When, for example, yeah, when you're if you're talking about the unity or tall heed Uh. For example, algaz Ali speaks of God as one and indivisible. He literally has an entire section about counting allah Uh and in his unity via division because the ancient world counted that way. You don't get to counting by identity until you get into more of a philosophical medieval conception where you have things that are not divitible that can still be counted. So for example, abstract objects, logical laws, sets, it makes no sense to count those types of things by division, and so they're counted by identity.
Speaker 2: I understand, Yeah, I understand.
Speaker 5: So what's the question about a lot attributes or does that answer it?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 19: No, no, no, you addressed it. I'm just going to do more research on my own.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 33: I'm going to say, you and Jake make really compelling points. I think you guys are probably the smartest out of all the apologetics on YouTube.
Speaker 5: So what compelling point did Jake make?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 19: I didn't really see how we count what do you call it?
Speaker 33: Why it would make sense to count God by division and not by identity when we see that?
Speaker 5: Did you not hear anything that I said? So you're not listening to what I said.
Speaker 2: No, no, I heard what you said.
Speaker 5: When did I say that we don't count God by identity? Also, I didn't say that I said that. For example, I said both positions would utilize both things because different ways of counting are picking out different types of things. So, for example, when we say that God is one and indivisible in the creed, that's a reference to the divine essence. But when we start picking out specifics like the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit, those are properties that are being picked out that are identities, of.
Speaker 33: Course, and that's why you claim that there are three persons but not there are three God, because they are three identities.
Speaker 19: But that's what I'm trying to say is that if there.
Speaker 33: Are three different identities and each three of them are individually.
Speaker 19: Fully God, then why would there not be three Gods?
Speaker 5: Because the term God is intended first of all to pick out the person of the Father, and so there's God by identity, and then there's God by predication. So you're the argument that you're making there assumes that the word God only picks out one thing. But in divine revelation, for example, the word God picks out multiple things, such as divine persons, divine energies, the divine essence, divine human people that are called gods or divinities, and then angels that are called gods or divinities or demons. The word God good is a broad term that can be used to pick out all of those things. And so the entire Muslim argument is premised on a word concept fallacy that the word God only picks out or has a reference to one thing, and that's the mistake. And I'm pointing out that even in your own system, it doesn't work that way, which is why we ask Jake the questions about whether all his attributes are self existent, because it would be the same problem applied to the attributes that you're making to us.
Speaker 19: I see, I see it.
Speaker 33: So do you what I would ask is then what I would then ask would be if God has this nuanced definition when we make this, when you make the statement from the.
Speaker 5: Ubanari, you have the same position. You have the same metaphysical scheme at work.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure. I'm just trying to understand this.
Speaker 19: So, so when we say that the Father is God, you're.
Speaker 33: Saying that it's both predication and identity.
Speaker 5: With the Father. The Father is God because he's fought, he is source, are found, cause, et cetera. Yes, and the Son and the Spirit participate in divinity by predication, right, so they receive their divinity from the Father. But properly speaking, in monarchical trinitarianism, the word God is a reference to the person of the Father.
Speaker 33: Okay, so only the Father can be used God in an identical form, but for the Son and the Holy Spirit, it would have to be in a predicative for is that im I understanding that?
Speaker 5: Because that yeah, because they receive U. I mean, it's not wrong to call the Son God because he has the divine nature, but it's for us first and foremost. God picks out the person of the Father, but it can also will be used to pick out the divine nature, divine operations, and it can also be used to pick out human and angelic and demonic entities. The demons are called gods, for example. So then if I were to can I give you an example?
Speaker 33: Okay, sorry, I just want to ask one quick question. So if I were to say the Son is God, then I'm not really saying that he is God.
Speaker 2: In the identical sense. I'm saying that he is divine.
Speaker 33: He possesses God's essence, but he's not actually God in the identical.
Speaker 5: Sense, not in the sense of being the Father, because the Father is properly speaking, the cause, the fount, the source, et cetera. And that's why Jesus says the Father is greater. That's the orthodox understanding of monarchical trinitarianism.
Speaker 33: I see, I see, But then see That's when I start to see what Justin Martyr was talking about in his dialogue with Trifle, because you just denied the individ the identity of God with Jesus Christ to him. I think a majority of Orthodox Christians would say, no, Jesus Christ or the One is God by identity, like it's not just a mere predication.
Speaker 5: That's just assuming again, that argument is assuming equalitarianism and that the word God only has a reference to the divine nature. And that's the very thing that we just pointed out is not monarchical trinitarianism.
Speaker 2: No, My grife is really that when.
Speaker 33: We're using saying the Son is God or Jesus Christ is God, we're not actually saying that he is an identical sense, where it's more like saying it's more kin to saying God or Jesus Christ is divine.
Speaker 5: He is the divine Son who possesses the divine nature.
Speaker 33: Many Christians find that problematic though, to deny.
Speaker 5: The I mean, I'm a defender of Orthodox Christian Christianity, which is the teaching of the Second Ecumenical Council on monarchical trinitarianism. So I don't care what Roman Catholics think don't care what Protestants think. We're not interested in a popularity contest. And by the way, the Muslim view is exact same. It's just not with persons, it's with attributes. Do you believe that Allah's attributes are God?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 19: No, No, he possesses attributes.
Speaker 5: Okay, So the attributes are not God by identity? No, So they don't self exist, No, they depend.
Speaker 19: They're not dependent.
Speaker 5: Well, if they don't self exist, then they are in then they are. So self existence means that they are independent, So they can't be dependent.
Speaker 19: I see.
Speaker 33: So if they're dependent on God, what would be the implications of that position?
Speaker 5: Then the word God cannot just refer to Allah in one sense. It also has to pick out other things. Then you have to have other ways of counting and distinguishing in a law.
Speaker 33: So because the attributes are dependent on a law, that means that the attributes would have to be considered God as well.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm asking you the position. Are they God by identity? Are they God by participation? They depend ourselves.
Speaker 19: I don't think they're gonna attributes for God in any sense. I think they're just attributes.
Speaker 5: So Allah's word is not Allah of course not.
Speaker 19: No, it's Alla's word.
Speaker 5: Are they uncreated or created?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 33: I would say Allah's word is created.
Speaker 5: All his words created, so the attributes of all are created. That's that's let's.
Speaker 33: See what you're positioning now, Yeah, it's it's really philosophically perplexing.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you've had centuries of your own people debating this, right, I mean I got a book right here where Uh, of course, where a bunch of your own people are calling you guys, uh anthropomorphic heretics critique of the Palmerian creed. So I mean, do you agree with Jake's position that Allah has an uncreated foot?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 19: Yeah, we could just pause it that we don't know the hounds or the wind.
Speaker 5: I mean you can say that, but what is a foot that's nothing like a foot?
Speaker 33: Well then you're you're positing that we must know the hows and whyness of God?
Speaker 5: But I is the foot?
Speaker 4: Okay, I don't care how you frame it however you want.
Speaker 5: Is the foot uncreated or creator? You said all I has created attributes, which is heresy by the way, in your position.
Speaker 33: Well, I'm fallible, you know, I'm trying to say, I'm still in the learning.
Speaker 5: Okay, do you guys kill each other over that? Or is that cool? Unfallible? Just say I'm fallible. It's like I can commit shirt, but I'm fallible. Didn't you guys kill each other mut the Mutazila didn't? Were there battles over this?
Speaker 2: Of course there were battles over okay?
Speaker 5: So do we know? I thought this was simple position, like all is one? Right? Are the attributes created or uncreated?
Speaker 12: Well, I don't know why the attributes would.
Speaker 33: Even be in an argument because we're not positing that the attributes are separate individual person in So.
Speaker 5: You, in other words, you don't want me to bring them into the argument because it shows that you have the exact same metaphysical problem that you're putting on. I just don't understand how the argument is because it shows the stupidity of the position to say that Allah has an uncreated foot and then you just said that Alla has created attributes.
Speaker 33: But you see, this is what this is how I'm this is how I'm understanding.
Speaker 5: So the trinitarian con Now you're going to my position. I want to know about is there an uncreated foot or a creative foot? Is all his foot? I'm creator created? Which one is it.
Speaker 19: Ultra? I'm not sure.
Speaker 5: But the thing is, I'm not so you don't have a so so you don't have a school. There's no akida for you. You can just make it up as you go or what?
Speaker 2: All?
Speaker 33: Sure, I don't need to commit myself to a certain nakita on this stream.
Speaker 5: You don't try to ask questions?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 5: So that's this honest that what I'm point was, Troy, see, I don't have to commit to any now you do if you're gonna, uh teach Islam, you're supposed to be part of some school. There's no make it up as you go. And you heard him say that Allah has created attributes, the speech of Allah is created. That's pretty much. I think every mon someone believes that's heresy. I don't. I don't think there's any OFLSS left that think that.
Speaker 2: Troy and you, okay, can you hear me?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 8: So I'm an ex gnostic coming intoward the dogs.
Speaker 2: He and I just have a pretty much a question for something I'm.
Speaker 10: Confused about, which is how is lady wisdom and proverbs understood and orthodox?
Speaker 2: Is she identified with Christ?
Speaker 5: The logos that feminine yes the Paul in the New Testament identifies Christ as the wisdom of God. So it's a personification of God's wisdom. But that wisdom is the second person of the Godhead. There's no feminine person in the Trinity. There's no not that's a gnostic idea. In fact, I was just reading Carl Young who says that he's a gnostic because of the Trinity banished the Goddess from the Godhead.
Speaker 12: So uh.
Speaker 5: But it's also a reference to the Church. The Church is the feminine, the house of God that's built on seven pillars, that offers bread and wine, as the text discussed. That's a prediction of the Eucharist, the divine liturgy. There's also a reference to probably marry the Theatocos.
Speaker 2: That's actually fantastic, Thank you, sir. I appreciate that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, great questions. I'm glad that somebody brought nobody's ever brought that up. That's that's actually a really good question. Jubba Glitchy Rhythm five dollars Jay, explain why Protestants. Can you explain to the provinces why we're not all saints? They love discrediting saints with the verse from Corinthians.
Speaker 9: Well, we're all.
Speaker 5: Saints in potentia, or we're all called out, but not everybody is at the level of Saint Paul or a Saint Basil. So that's to me that seems like it should be a no brainer. What's up, man, Jebbo?
Speaker 6: He all right, I have a question about icons. There's this argument against icons that I don't know how they answer. Okay, So it's the argument is that God's essence is inaccessible and beyond human comprehension. Even in Christ's hyposcetic union, his divine nature remains unseen and ineffable. So San Gregory wrote about this about God's invisible in nature being beyond human reach. Thus representing Christ's divine essence through icons contradicts the belief that God's divinity is entirely invisible, right.
Speaker 5: And so that's why the Seventh e Commitical Council says that it's not the divine essence that is depicted in the icons, just the divine hypostasis of the sun, not the usia. It's the person. And the reason that we can interact with the divine person is through the energies of the persons. So the energies are in hypostatic, and as the Seventh Ecmenical Council says, you can read on the Holy Icons by saying Theodore. In that book, he says that what's circumscribed is the divine hypostasis. The divine essence is uncircumscribable. So you have to have the distinction between nature and person and between essence and energy to have iconography.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you, Yeah, good question.
Speaker 5: And again on the Holy Icons by s Theodore, this tude explicitly answers that very question. Everybody should read that one if they're interested in iconography. Anybody else disagree, anybody have any challenges. We still got twelve hundred people over here. Let me check to see if I missed a super chat over here on stream labs clead us here. I want to find your video. I'll send you fifty dollars if you find me the link. I mean that's come up a lot. I mean it's not like the video that questions never come up. I just don't remember off the top of my head where we've done so many live streams and that question has come up so many times. I have to think of how that guy that made the clip worded it. Batt let's try valid baptism. I don't know why this comes up. It's not about that, it's just not going to come up. See that they changed the algorithm all the time, and then stuff that used to come up doesn't come up. Maybe the clips channel guy like took his clips channel down. I don't know, maybe it's not there anymore. I just don't even understand, and like why is it even an issue, like just do what your bishop says, Like why are you like it's the practice of ro Corps to baptize everyone that comes to ro cords and that's because jurisdictions are decentralized and they can make those decisions as they choose. I just don't understand why this is a hang up for you. I'm not trying to be mean. I'm just not understood. Like to me, this is like not even like this is like the what Paul calls milk. It's time to move on to the meat. I'm not dissing you. I just don't understand the hang up or what the problem is.
Speaker 4: Let's try sacraments, see what we do with that.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I don't understand the Roman Catholic mindset that they think this is like a like a defeater for Orthodoxy. It's like they have an expectation that the or Roman the Orthodoxy will operate like Roman Catholicism, and so there's there's like a jurisdictional differentiation. They think that's a defeater. The assumption is that there there's like a one size fits all. It's like, I just don't I don't understand the I don't think it's the Orthodox clips guy. But let me see if he clipped it. Ah, here it is?
Speaker 26: This?
Speaker 2: Is it? Like this is something that would need to be settled because there's a lot.
Speaker 5: Of or is this it? I think this is it debunking the donatus accusation. It may be that one. Let's see Protestantism, Tomism. I think it's this one. Like this because this Anglican dude that we had this debate with. If you want, you can go listen to the whole Anglican debate, which is about a month ago. If you used to go look at the live streams, you'll find the debate I had with the Anglican dude. They got pretty heated. I think that's the video. And I'm not just picking that because you said you get fit th Bucks. But I mean he's got this listed as uh rebaptism in the church. I actually think there was another. I think that one addresses it, but I actually think there was another one, a different clips channel anyway, Stu, what they tell you?
Speaker 30: Man?
Speaker 5: Smiley Todd?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 2: Hey? Uh?
Speaker 28: Before I say something, have your thought naming your thing like the dire situation?
Speaker 9: Nothing like that.
Speaker 8: Have your thought naming your thing like the.
Speaker 12: Dire situation, like you know, the I R.
Speaker 28: E situation or dire straits second of off uh and Yahwehism, you know, the proto religion before God I showed himself to the ancient Judaeans excess.
Speaker 5: I don't believe that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like a shira?
Speaker 28: Do you think ishira is like a typology of the vehicles, like an early concept in the subconscious, or like an early version of what humans would consider the Holy ghost, like a primordial concept before we understood.
Speaker 5: There was one God. No, and I don't believe any of that. So, squirrel in Oz.
Speaker 4: Are you there?
Speaker 5: I'm mute, squirrel in Oz there, am.
Speaker 26: How are you going?
Speaker 5: What's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Check it out.
Speaker 26: So I was raised a Protestant and actually kind of cost go of all things and observed it. I'm an inquirer into Orthodox and I was going through prayer book and there is particular prayer in our morning prayers where it led towards the Theotokos and some of it I she just can't get.
Speaker 8: My head around to where it doesn't seem.
Speaker 26: Like you're just worshiping the theotoco and asking the Theotokos perfect us.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, she's praying for us, and I understand that objection. I did a video that you should watch on the Mary is the Arc of the Covenant, So I'd go say, watch that forty minute video and that will help, I think, to explain the biblical case for the Marian doctrines. But it's not faq knight, So look for people who disagree. So if you have a disagreement, if you're a Catholic, a Protestant, dispensation, so it's not catechumen knight like for people who disagree like the Muslim guy. It was a great Muslim interaction. Grubs McGee ten dollars. Do you see the controversy about Seraphim Holland I did not. His clip says works are necessary for salvation. It triggers the Protestants. I didn't. I'm not familiar with that clip, but I mean it's funny because like people, the probably this is gets so tripped up on word concept fallacies, and there's absolutely a sense in which, yeah, works aren't necessary for salvation. I mean, that's literally what James says. And when you look at when Paul says in Galatians five that the faith that counts is the one that worketh through love, that's Paul saying that a working faith is the only one that saves you. Therefore, works are necessary. Cletus says for fifty dollars, thank you. My issue, to be clear, is that if it's a contradiction with the theology and problem of rebaptism without addressing post baptismal sins aka, what if God asked me about my sins prior to corrective baptism and he considers my first baptism valid. I mean, You're becoming Orthodox, so God's led you to Orthodoxy. God's not the being counter trying to trick you up on the Roman Catholic baptism being valid and then now you're I mean, it just doesn't you need to be immersed in the Orthodox mindset and stop thinking in a Roman Catholic mindset. And so it's not rebaptism, it's just baptism. So it's not corrective baptism. It's literally just baptism because there's only one baptism. And I don't understand what you say contradiction with theology with Roman Catholic theology, because the Orthodox position is not that there has to be a one size fits all. The six Ecumenical Council, for example, says in certain cases people need to be rebaptized or quote just baptized because they were baptized into the Eunomian position, right, which is a single immersion that presupposes an anti Trinitarian theology. And then they talk about other situations where people can be received through profession of rejection of the heresies. So if it's a schism and everything was done correctly, but they might have been just in schism, and so the impediment to receiving the grace is removed by the profession of error or rejecting the error, there's no need to do the ritual over again, right. So that's why, for example, the Novationists and the Canons of Nicea are received without being rebaptized or revested. It's a case by case basis. There's not a one size fits all. That's what I'm trying to tell you. It's like you have a presupposition of a Roman Catholic mindset that unless Orthodoxy has a single way for every jurisdiction and every bishop to do this, then it's a quote contradiction. Economia means that there's flexibility with the interpretation and application of the canons. It's not possible to keep all the canons. They're insane, many of them. They're impossible. They're about places that no longer exist. They're for their time and for the place going. Clergy can't ride horses in ancient canons. That was because in the Middle Ages there's nobility, and clergy are not state members of the state. They're clergy, so they can't ride on horses, which is a sign of nobility. So idiots read the canons and they think to precate ride a horse because the ancient canon said it. Now both the ancient canon said you can't go pray in the synagogue. Yeah, because the principle there is not bound by time and space. This is an eternal principle. About true worship the Ten Commandments, and so you can't go and pray with the Protestants and the Roman Catholics in their churches and celebrate the Mass and the novs Orto because they don't have the Orthodox faith. So it's a violation of the moral principle that the canon expresses. That moral principle doesn't change. It never becomes the case that, oh, we can go and pray in the mosques. Now it's cool because the pope says so, and he does it. Okay, that doesn't fluctuate. The principle stays the same. Right, it's the spirit of the law, not the letter of the law that matters. So what was the spirit of the law that clergy can't ride on a horse? Is that clergy are supposed to be distinct from the civil state, because the Canons of Chalcedon, by the way, which refutes the papacy, say that no clergy can be a member of the state. And by the eleventh century the Gregorian reforms, the papacy becomes a world emperor with armies. That violates the ancient canons of Chalcedon. How do I know that that's a canon that isn't time bound and fluctuating and based on the times, because the principle is forever there that the state is not the church. That's not something that evolves and fluctuates over time. There are two distinct entities. That's the meaning of the Byzantine doubleheaded eagle. And what does Jesus say about the law? Right? What does Paul say? It's the spirit of the law, it's not the letter of the law. And what does every idiot and spurg do. They go by the letter of the law and they think that it's all like an eternal timeless Like if you go to the shows, you're an idolator.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: There's always some eighteen year old catechumen who converts and he reads the cantons and says that because it tells you you can't go to the shows. If you go to the movies, you're damned. It's not talking about the movie theater.
Speaker 4: It's talking about the ancient pagan festivals that would require you to worship the deities to go to the quote shows vol Ven Louve.
Speaker 5: You're not saved by faith alone. The Bible never says you're saved by faith alone. It says saved by faith apart from the works of the Jewish law. You added the faith alone part. In fact, you are not saved by faith alone. Paul says that you're saved by faith that works in love. A working faith keeping the commandments of love is what saves you.
Speaker 4: Are you there? Do you want to talk or not? Okay, we're back to Cornelius.
Speaker 8: Hello, Yeah, thank you, and excuse my bad English.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if it's up to debate, and I.
Speaker 24: Don't know if we even disagree, so I'd have to elaborate. I'm also the Christian and disagree with the philosophical foundation of libertarianism.
Speaker 8: Yet I don't disagree with the.
Speaker 24: Conclusions, especially the economic conclusions like ownership of the body and of your own body, and therefore.
Speaker 5: I don't disagree with that. I don't disagree with that. Vin Low, what's up?
Speaker 42: Yeah, what do you think is the.
Speaker 2: Most distinct way of.
Speaker 28: Of like getting out of the what's it called Coptic Church? Like, what's the strongest argument to why it's a false heresy?
Speaker 5: Maybe the two Letters of cyrilta sixth Census, which admits that he has a human nature after the resurrection.
Speaker 28: H Yeah, because I feel like a lot of Coptic apologetics is that we have the same funny hats as you do, so we're equally true, if not more so. It's more obsessed with the aesthetics of it than the actual theology of it.
Speaker 5: Well, it's funny because they're they're basically losing their iconographic tradition. So if they're going to be obsessed with aesthetics, they should have maintained the iconographic tradition. But a lot of those churches have a giant TV screen. You got a Armenian Orthodox church so called, and you'll find giant TV screens within in the sanctuary, in the service. So it's hard to take that very seriously when you've got big TV, like it's like a sports bar in there with a bunch of TV screens. I remember when Rouche was leaving Armenian Orthodoxy, he said he couldn't believe that there's all these giant TV screens in there in the surface. So I mean, yeah, you kind of have to look at the theology. You can't solve it by like, you know, who's got the more cool aesthetic, And of course Coptics don't have a cool aesthetic, So sorry, I don't see anybody else, so there's no more questions. I don't see anymore super chats. Maybe we'll call it a night, Big Chunk, Why did God make the world? Why didn't God make the world smaller in size so then everyone could hear the gospel? That's really funny, dude, Van five dollars funds towards your plane ticket to Nashville so that you can host an IRL event or do you stand up at Zany's. I don't think Zanies is gonna invite me anytime soon, but people thought my crowd work at the Horror Convention was pretty funny. I wish that I'd done some crowd work with the Horror Convention people. I could have really ripped on them. They might have thrown me out, though, because I don't I don't know if. I don't know if they could take I just don't know how the bunch of horror weirdos are going to take my jokes. But it would be fun to do an event in Nashville. Again. Appreciate that vein so hybe, she's.
Speaker 11: So high.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to say, do you think that the ethan Orthodox in the Oriental Orthodox are closer to.
Speaker 2: Reunification.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I mean maybe because I.
Speaker 2: Do believe that both churches have.
Speaker 10: Affirmed the same Christology no in the nineties, I believe, if I'm not mistaken.
Speaker 5: I mean, all of these ecumenical gatherings where we all get together and pretend we're saying the same thing, they don't really accomplish much. I don't really keep up with that kind of stuff. Maybe they're moving in the right direction towards us, or it's all just kind of everybody holding hands and singing combine and pretending that we have the same theology. I don't know. I want to make sure I didn't miss the super chatus as I missed his earlier Big Chuck. I think, didn't you say the same joke earlier? Because I did see that joke. Maybe I just didn't read the joke because it was so bad. I guess I just missed it.
Speaker 4: But I mean, bro, you're throwing down dollars super chats, which dollar's not even worth.
Speaker 5: A dollar anymore. Dollar's worth like sixty cents, So basically you're throwing a sixty cents super chat. But I appreciate it better than a no sense super chat. There's still eighty people here. No one has a disagreement. We had one feisty Muslim who said all I has created attributes and then he walked it back. I was like, oops, eighty people, no one disagrees. I'm gonna assume everybody has everything correct. Nobody. Father Deacon missed out on this one. He missed. What was that one guy saying that he spoke to Jesus and that Jesus was going to give everyone bread. That dude, that dude was. That dude was tripping me out. Tallahose Patriot, Hey, jam in my car right now. Are you able to hear me? Yes, sir, awesome? Yeah.
Speaker 46: So I I was baptized Russian Orthodox as an infant.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 46: Spent most of my life in Protestant churches for some like complicated family reasons.
Speaker 2: And I've been in a.
Speaker 46: MacArthur ask church in Tallahassee the past handful of years. But I'm heavily exploring Orthodoxy and your uh, you know work and advocacy has been very impactful on that, along with some of the you know ad on accounts like Orthodox Luigi and you know others on here. But I wanted to ask, and I know you've got to talk about this like before. I mean, probably a lot of times that you could you asked us a bunch, But I feel like one thing I've kind of wrestled with as to like if I was to go, like I guess, go full Orthodox or come back into the church or however you want to work that, you know, like how I would then view you know, Protestant Christians, reform Christian et cetera. Because I feel like I've read conflicting on that. You know, like I've read some Orthodox Church to say, well, you know, I'm not going to say that they're not saved, but they're not in the fullness of biblical truth. But then I know there's some Orthodox hardcore with soteiology, So like, what would you say about that?
Speaker 5: I mean, again, I can't judge an individual person in terms of their ultimate destiny. But what we can say is what we're told to say by the Church, which is that outside the Church, you're outside the ark. And you're not just outside the arc, you're also in a situation professing heterodox ideas. There's no Christology outside the Orthodox Church. That's the Orthodox Christology. There's no uncreated grace in Protestants pseudo sacraments. In fact, Protestants aren't even called a church in the Canons. They're called a parachurch because they don't even have apisotic succession. So you don't even have what's necessary to have a quote church, because the church built on the foundation stones of the apostles. As Ephesian says, that means the succession of the bishops in the church. So while there may be sincere people in Protestanism, and the Holy Spirit is definitely working in people's hearts to bring them to Orthodoxy, we're not in any position to say, well, the sufficient means of grace are in Protestantism. If anyone was saved in quote Protestantism, it's in spite of Protestantism, and it's because they're united to the mystical body of the Church, which is the Orthodox Church. It's not because of anything to do with quote Protestantism, because it's the Church is the arc. So and again, when we look at the distinctives of Protestantism, what do we find in the first thousand years of Christianity that have the distinctives of Protestantism. All the heretical sects, the Montanists, the Massallians, the Econoclasts, the Pallagians. I mean, all of these different positions that many, many Protestant groups hold. We find that. I'm not talking about John MacArthur. I know John MacArthur wouldn't be a Pelagian. I'm just saying that, you know, we look at these different groups. There are Pellagian Protestant groups, there's Unitarian Protestant groups, there's anti Trinitarian Protestant groups, there's you know, you name it. Those are all the ancient heresies. So it's like saying, there's nice people in the ancient heresies. So like, is it okay if they just stay in the ancient heresies? No, I'm not. I know you're not saying that. I'm just saying, like, I can't sit here and tell individual people you're going to hell, you're going to hell, you're going to hell, you're going to help. That's not what we're told to do. Paul says, what do I have to do with judging those that are without? We judge those that are within, but we tell them to come in, and whether they do or don't is they're up to them. Yo yo, yo, five dollars, I watch your Holy Mountain review today? Can you recommend other titles to watch? I don't recommend you watch Holy Mountain that the movie is gross and blasphemous because it's such an important, so called, you know, a cult film. We watched it a few years ago and it's kind of a The ending was kind of anti clembactict. It did have a couple of interesting insights into like the cooming smart cities if you remember that section in the in the video, and the sex bots is hinted at. So there's some pretty wild, sort of predictive stuff in there, kind of like Metropolis from Fritz Lang. But I mean, if you're looking for weird occult movies that have predictive elements, I just did a talk on this called Satanic Cinema, and I listed a ton of movies that would be kind of in that vein of having predictive elements, and first one that comes to mind will being Metropolis. But I don't recommend any of the any job Erowski's films are just gross and blasphemous. All right, Well, I don't see anybody else, so thank you guys. It was a lot of fun tonight, just getting ready for church tomorrow. Everybody. Hopefully you can make it out to church and everybody have a good night. Oh by the way, head on over to Chalk dot com. I can't, I can't forget our beloved show sponsor right here. Head over to the website. You can get signed copies of the books, and you'll notice the link to Chalk dot com right here. Head on over here and get fifty forty four percent off this performance stack by using the promo code Jay four four Life jay four four l I f E and you'll get forty four percent off that performance stack that includes the Action two point zero, that super super super powerful Chad Mode pre work out be careful with that is so powerful, and the tong Catilee again also very powerful. So take these in moderation. If I took two Tonkats one day and I was like, my heart was like fluttering, I was up all night. So if you want to get sleep, don't take a bunch of either Chad Mode or Toncat late at night.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 5: The ingredients are not toxic. It's all super pure, super stringent on their criteria for what ingredients they use. Over at Chalk, I was just talking to Seaton yesterday. We were getting into some of these products, and I think that he's very happy with what we're doing over here. Long time sponsor. I think we're going on almost maybe five years now, four or five years and a great company, great product, super super awesome based dudes over there, so support good companies like Chalk dot Com by getting those products at a discount. Jay four for la f he used that promo code. You can cancel it any time, by the way, and it's not just for dudes. There's also a female vitality sack here and you don't have to buy the packs. You can buy the individual products if you want the shie Legit great for your mood regulation. If you're one of the ladies for Focus Irishmalle. It is also great for that. A lot of minerals that are missing in our typical American diet. You can find that things like Oshawa Ganda. You can find that UH seven Wonders is great for that. Chalk Daily is great for that. Head on over to Chalk dot com and use that promo code j A y four four l I f E j A y four four