Speaker 1: La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center is the place to go if you're looking to rejuvenate your appearance, tighten and shape your body, and just just something special for yourself. You deserve to look your very best.
Speaker 2: Lahoya Cosmetic Surgery Center offers over ninety procedures and treatments for a natural, youthful appearance. They are absolutely the best in the business. Try out their treatment planner at glamfam dot com. It's so easy and amazing to use.
Speaker 1: We can't say enough great things about their Board certified plastic surgeons. And guess what they offer flexible payment plans so you can start your journey to a better you right now.
Speaker 2: Free consultations too. The very best in the business is in our own backyard. How lucky are we?
Speaker 1: Make sure you tell them that Laura Kane after Dark sent you we love everything about La Joya Cosmetic Surgery Center.
Speaker 3: Go to glamfam dot com.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for tuning in to Lauracane after Dark. I'm Laura Caane and this is Eric Grimmer, Hi and hy producer Brian.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm not wearing headphones right now because I'm wearing a scarf on my head And the reason why I'm not wearing headphones is because this is the only real Louis Biton item that I own.
Speaker 4: Scarf.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is actually real.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 1: It was bought when I was once dating a rich man. It's old, but uh, it's real.
Speaker 4: Was it at one point expensive?
Speaker 1: Yes? It was. The scarf I think was just under one thousand.
Speaker 3: WHOA, what crazy for us? Scarf?
Speaker 1: Really three of them and I recently just found them and I was like, is that rich I had something? No, it's a long story. No, I don't know the answer. One hundred percent.
Speaker 4: He's still alive.
Speaker 1: Yes, that very much. So. Okay, every once in a while will text.
Speaker 4: To me, but this isn't the most recent. No, no, okay, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: In fact, oh, before we talk about doing jewelry. When we had Natalie the psychic medium, Reverend doctor Natalie vail In, and I think we talked about this on Thursday, I don't know if we did, but she brought in the tarot cards right, and she she just picked the real essential ones for us to pick from, and we picked one and it was it was fun and exciting or whatever. She left. We did our podcast. I noticed you did mention this last okay, but I'm going to tell you what she said. So I noticed that on the floor was face up the Tarot card the Lovers, like it had fallen out of her deck or whatever, and she had already left. So I was like, oh no. So I texted her and I said, hey, I know these cards are really important to you and they're very you know, authentic and everything, and I the Lovers fell out, I put it in a safe place, she texted. Bash goes, Oh my god, that is very auspicious. She says, cards don't just jump out of the deck like that.
Speaker 4: Actually they do frequently too.
Speaker 1: Fine, this is not the first time I've heard.
Speaker 4: Playing cards have never gone missing ever.
Speaker 1: That I am going to find love this year.
Speaker 4: That may very well be the case. I don't know if it's connected to a card falling on the ground.
Speaker 1: That's what our resident psychic says, and I your resident skeptic. I do have a resident skeptic, that's for sure.
Speaker 4: She's a little skeptical.
Speaker 1: We were going to get to the scams of twenty twenty five, the big ones. I have a whole report, and boy are they serious. And they and I I have been targeted and I haven't fallen for some of these things. But I just wait, I have a whole report. I don't want you to be in a position that my friend currently is in, right because I'm telling you what. I have talked to her until I am blue in the face. She one thousand percent believes that she is talking to Kevin Costner.
Speaker 4: I bet she is. I hear he's a nice guy who likes to talk to people.
Speaker 1: Oh. She he invited her to his birthday party.
Speaker 4: Did she go?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Oh? Was it canceled?
Speaker 1: I don't know. His daughter has gotten in contact with her and calls her mom. Oh Jesus Christ, it's like insane. Just wait. And then I have a story about a brad hit fake and it's it's really interesting stuff. So I have that at Rando News. I've tried, but she is so convinced. And I'll tell you why she's so convinced. Because of the technology these days, it's like you can pretend to be anyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, On that note, Dune Jewelry dot Com. Dune, if you are looking for a gift for somebody that is special in your life, something that they will treasure forever, something that is a keepsake that they will hand down to their kids someday or to a relative or whatever. This is the jewelry you want to get. You design your own jewelry, necklaces, bracelets, rings, gold, silver, quality, handmade. You can pick elements, dried flowers, whatever means ashes, ashes you can send in ashes. You can have that part of the jewelry. Sand sandbank they have I thought. I think it's like over five thousand different sands from all over the world. She Holly Daniels started this company.
Speaker 3: I don't know how they get that much sand.
Speaker 1: Well, because people have been sending it in like and then they keep little bits of it. So they created this sandbank. My ring is so beautiful, Oh my god, Like, who would have thought that they would have sand from there? Where did your dad Canada? Where in Canada? It was a beach. It's like some random beach in Canada.
Speaker 3: Like Edward Speech or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and in the sandbank there it was. And so that's in his ring. San Clemente Beach. Sand is in this ring. My dad's ashes are in jewelry that my sister, mom, niece and daughter just got. So I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: I don't wait to see their jewelry.
Speaker 1: Dunejewelry dot com. Check it out and design something special for yourself or sus, for somebody you love. And for sure use the code Laura Kane.
Speaker 3: Fifteen Hurricane fifteen.
Speaker 1: Laura Kane fifteen. It'll save you fifteen percent.
Speaker 3: Off your order and that does help, It.
Speaker 1: Really does, and it is. You're going to be blown away by how beautiful the creations are. And there's videos online. Follow them on Instagram Dune Jewelry and you can see some of the people who create the jewelry, how they make it, and it's all hand done and it's very special.
Speaker 2: So they'll post my ring on social media. I posted it when I got it, but I'll repost.
Speaker 1: It, yes, and I'll have my mom and my sister and evansend their new jewelry pictures and then I'll post those two. Okay, So do we want to do Let's get into this scam. Okay, So here's the story. If you are thinking of divorcing your millionaire husband for Brad Pitt, maybe make sure he's real first.
Speaker 4: Brad Pitt is real? Okay, Okay, I've seen on TV.
Speaker 1: A fifty three year old woman in France got scammed out of eight hundred and fifty thousand dollars by a fake Brad Pitt.
Speaker 4: Dude, Brad Pitt is eight hundred and fifty k richard now.
Speaker 1: The scam first pretended to be Brad's mom and said that she this woman was exactly the woman that her son needed. She fell for.
Speaker 3: I bet Brad's girlfriend was upset about that.
Speaker 4: Brad doesn't need to Brad's girlfriend does not need to know about this.
Speaker 1: The victim then received messages in ai photos from fake Bread for a year and a half, like poems, and they even he even sent her a marriage proposal. He started asking for money, but saying that they'd send or luxury handbags if she paid for the customs bill.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Eventually, if she's just married to a billionaire?
Speaker 1: Oh she was married to I don't know, I don't know. Well, here's the story. Eventually, fake Brad claimed he was hospitalized for kidney cancer and needed money for treatment because his bank accounts were frozen because of his divorce with Angelina Jolie.
Speaker 3: Oh cheez.
Speaker 1: The woman even received emails from a fake doctor that said Brad was fighting for his life, so she transferred money to a Turkish account. She realized last summer it was a scam when she saw photos of Brad with his girlfriend.
Speaker 4: M H, how cold Brad do this to her? After all? God, I'm heartbroken for this woman.
Speaker 1: She had to be hospitalized for severe depression.
Speaker 4: Oh man, she says.
Speaker 1: I asked myself why they chose me to do such harm like this. I've never harmed anyone. These people deserve hell. It's unclear if the scamera was ever caught.
Speaker 3: Probably not.
Speaker 1: This kind of stuff keeps me up at night. I get so I'm so mad about people that do this to other people, especially people who are older. People who scam people out of money and and and target people who are older. That just makes me enraged. So I did a little studying and I found the top scams of twenty twenty five and what to watch for and what to do and what not to do. Because I currently have an acquaintance who believes, she knows she thinks she is speaking to Kevin Costner. She talks to someone on the phone.
Speaker 4: Or she does. Does he have Kevin Costner's voice?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 4: Have you heard it?
Speaker 1: No? But she says, she goes you know, I've watched all his movies and he has you know, he has a distinct voice and it's him. Maybe, I said, these days people can create AI voices, images, anything, videos. I mean, like she claims she talked to him on FaceTime. I'm like, that was probably a whole I said, please, dear God, tell me you haven't sent him any of your banking information or anything. She goes, well, he did say that he was on a shoot and that he his handlers something something something couldn't get He couldn't get access to call her, so he needed calling cards, he needed like that. So long story short, She's out eight hundred dollars for various things before, Like, I believe me. I have. I have talked to her countless time. And then and then she says, oh, but his daughter's been calling me too, and she calls me mom, oh.
Speaker 4: God, I believe Yeah, I believe it again. I'm back on board.
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is it makes me so crazy. I just and they're so convincing, and like when there's somebody who is so vulnerable and is like and is liking the attention and is thinking that, like, oh my god, somebody like that really thinks that I'm something special. This makes me so angry. I want I just need to do something about it. So I did a little research, and I looked up the scams, the big scams of twenty twenty five, and I want you to be aware of them, because there's one on my phone right now. They're actually two that I knew were scams, and I actually chewed one of these guys out.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Laura, one of the new ones that's popping up is anybody that gets a text that says you need to pay your.
Speaker 3: Your tol fee toll fee.
Speaker 4: I've got a couple of those.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I did too.
Speaker 4: Now Laura would respond to those, because she probably would be like, oh, I probably did forget to pay a tol fee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I.
Speaker 1: Think I did. No, I didn't respond to it, but I thought that I did think that. I think, oh my gosh, did I go into the express lanes and didn't realize it? But yes, that is one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So AI is AI is good and bad? Right, I mean, it's helpful and it's also horrible. Deep fake videos, fake products, faked cloned voices, fake images, fake texts. All of this is so easy to produce these days, impostors pretending to be a relative, a celebrity, a politician, a delivery person. People will text you, call you, email you, like, if you are not one hundred percent sure that you are talking to like somebody that you know, then don't fall for this because they are so sneaky these days. Texts and emails are more common now than phone calls are. Just like you said, the text about the toll fees. Sexual extortion, this is a new one, or it's becoming more popular where people ask, like younger girls or women, hey, send me some sexy photos. You're so hot, and then they build trust, you know, and they they think, oh, this might be my boyfriend, like oh my gosh, this guy really likes me. Da da da, I'm gonna send him some sexy nudes. And then they extort you and say, I'm going to send these to your family and your classmates and your teachers if you don't send me money. So that's one of the scams. A romance scam starts with a text or a private social media message. That's what happened to me on WhatsApp. Some dude named Casey sends me a message and says, and a picture. He's all buff and he's got like, you know, he's handsome and kind of rugged looking. I'm like, he's like, hey, Laura, what's up. It's been a long time on WhatsApp. And I'm like, I'm playing the game because I know this isn't real. I said, how do I know you? And he said, oh, I saw you on social media? I see your stuff on social media, and uh, I think that you're in this and this, this and that, this and that. Look me up. So I looked him up on IMDb and this person is an actor. He's been in movies supposedly, and.
Speaker 4: You could be digging an actor right now, and you turn him down.
Speaker 1: I oh my god. Where I wish I had my phone with me. Where's my phone? I said to him. I said, like, you know what, I am not going to send you any money. I don't believe that you are real. I want you to leave me alone and go away. And he's like, I don't need your money. Do you see how much money I made? Do you do you know how much I'm worth? Like they try to build this trust with you and they try to like create a bond and it can last like a year. Yeah, and then they go in for the kill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like, oh my gosh, I just found out that I have to have a an art.
Speaker 1: Surgery right exactly. And then they'll ask for like investment money or something, or I'm starting up a small business, and then by that time you fall in in love with this guy. You know. Accidental text. Have you ever gotten an accidental test text?
Speaker 4: Like, oh my god, I do play with these people. It's kind of funny.
Speaker 1: I do too, like, oh I'm sorry, I'm running late. I'll be there in five minutes. And then you go, wait, who is this?
Speaker 4: I always go along with They'd be like great, see I have I have one where he's like you want to you want to go shopping this week? And I was like, yeah, sure, where and what time? The day and time passed and I was like where were you? I was waiting at.
Speaker 1: Them, Oh my god, seat I I want to play with these people too, just waste their time, Yes, totally. So that's another way they get you, that that it's an accidental text, and then that you start up a conversation and then you build a friendship and blah blah blah. VO calls malicious apps QR codes. Watch for all of those things one time past codes. Watch for those online purchase scams fake stores. Like when you're scrolling through Instagram and you see a product and you're like, ooh, this looks super cool. I've done this one hundred times, like, oh, this, this is great. Why haven't I not seen this like in you know.
Speaker 4: If it's dirt cheap or if it's like ninety percent off, it's either not real or it's crap.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: I know you've fallen for that multiple times.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I I have in the past been a victim of fraud. Yes, this is why so adamant about this. But they say, if you do buy something from Instagram or anything like that, pay with a credit card because usually your credit card can like they can insure it or they can reimburse you or whatever.
Speaker 4: Google the store and do your research.
Speaker 1: And employment scam. I've been getting a lot of these too. Yeah, like you can work from home and make six hundred dollars a week just doing Yelp reviews or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got offered one hundred and twenty thousand large job working from home.
Speaker 1: For real fake I mean, yeah, I know, but like this.
Speaker 4: Is a reputable company too. It wasn't the real company obviously, but they're getting so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just want to expose these I like I told my friend, I go, this is a person who is sitting in a hut somewhere in like freaking Nigeria with a laptop. And wouldn't you know she keeps she's been getting like random phone calls from Nigeria. I go, what do you okay? The Kevin Coster thing?
Speaker 4: What do you.
Speaker 1: Are you not putting two and two together? And then her phone, all the pictures on her phone like the other day were like a bunch of photos got dumped into her photo album, a bunch of videos of kids playing in the streets in and from Africa, like they have access to her phone.
Speaker 4: Oh she was sharing her iCloud.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know. So that So it's becoming it's starting to click, but it's taking a while. So here's what you do. Be skeptical, Okay, always be skeptical when and always do your research and always google when someone contacts you. Don't share your personal information. I know that seems like common knowledge, but like when you start these people really like, build your trust. Don't click unknown links. Do your research. Don't refund or forward over payments. That's another thing that they said as a scam. And create a family password so you know that it's somebody within your close knit group. So and and you can help. You can you can lock your phone images. You're like, you're the pictures on your phone. There's a setting you can do that can protect your phone. I'm just like, so, I'm so upset about this because like, no matter how much I tell this person, it's not him. Yeah, I don't know what else to do. I don't know what else to do except for like show her research.
Speaker 3: You know you can do is you can with that email? You know? Two?
Speaker 2: You can I think you can take the email and have somebody How are they communicating?
Speaker 1: Well, originally she started communicating with him via Facebook Messenger, and then they took it to talking on the phone.
Speaker 3: You know what you can do.
Speaker 2: You can actually contact Facebook via email and say somebody is impersonating Kevin Costner and asking for money, and it'll like.
Speaker 3: It as fraud because we've had to do that before work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where they people will say, hey, I've got this great apartment, you know, and it's four thousand dollars a month, and people will pay money and show up and be like I'm here to pick up my key and we're like what. And it's a total scam. And there was a guy on Facebook that was doing it and you wouldn't believe how many people he got money from.
Speaker 1: If it sounds too good to be true, yeah it is, it's not. I mean, don't it's don't fall for it, because it's well more than likely.
Speaker 2: I was watching the news this morning and I don't remember where the woman lived, like Atlanta or something, and she was saving money to open her own salon and she was at work with a client and she got a phone call on her cell phone from I think it was b of A.
Speaker 3: I can't remember the bank. I think it was b of A.
Speaker 2: And they said, hey, somebody is trying to access your account and withdraw twenty thousand dollars. So she looked on the back of her credit card and it was the same number, the same you know, customer service number that was calling her. So she was like okay, and they're like, okay, well you we need to put you in touch with a customer service rep and you know, in our fraud department, and you're going to need to transfer the money out of that account, put it into that we're going to set up another account for you. And her bank happened to be like right down the street, so she walked over with the person still on the phone and was at the teller's and her money got taken out. Oh and it was twenty grand. Twenty grand, and this makes me so sick. And because she authorized the transfer, the bank is like, well, we'll try and get it back, but.
Speaker 1: There's only so much they can do. Yeah, they're so advanced, and they're they're so they you can't catch these people. So this literally keeps me up at night, Like I can't stand people who take advantage of other people. I just that just gets me so enraged. So just be careful, don't first if it's too good to be true, it usually is fake.
Speaker 2: And I'm in the property management industry and you wouldn't believe how many times it happens. I'm not kidding, where people will not even check. They're like, oh, eight grand, okay, and then they want us to do something about it, and we're like, no, we had nothing to do with it. I know you got scammed.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, I mean, I don't feel like talking about it really, but I recently I tried to apply for a loan. It was a scam. It was I mean, they had the documents, they had everything. It was all Brian, please don't lave a meat. I mean it wasn't that recently, but it was. This is the latest. This is the last time I was scammed. And the bank said, we can't do anything because these people are very hard to catch. You just can't catch them.
Speaker 4: Is there so countries that aren't respect international law too, It's the exact problem.
Speaker 1: So anyway, please be careful. I just don't want you guys to be taken.
Speaker 2: Also, do not click on any links that say your UPS package, we can't deliver it because your address isn't verifiable. So click on this link, don't do it. Whether it's FedEx UPS.
Speaker 1: I've gotten that one too.
Speaker 2: Never click on an external link or Amazon. Now people are getting I've gotten them where it's like, you know, we noticed that somebody purchased a camera on your account, click on this link to verify, And I'm like, no, I'll just actually go to my Amazon account and look.
Speaker 1: And see how many times have you gotten the email from the geek squad that like you're that you just paid for a firewall or something like that.
Speaker 2: I just got this on my phone from It's constant.
Speaker 1: It's is constant, and I just, you know, I mean, is there anyway can we Is there a way to just completely uh secure ourselves?
Speaker 4: It requires yeah, be careful though, I mean it really just comes down to being cautious.
Speaker 2: Remember the McAfee yes to It was like, thank you for updating your membership, and I'm like, I didn't update my membership.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's that's the scam. As you go and you contact them and you're like I didn't do that, They're like, oh, we'll give you a refund, and then it's called the refunds gain.
Speaker 1: Yep, that's another one. Yeah, that's another See. Oh my god, I'm gonna go crazy. I just I just this gets me so mad, so so so mad. Okay, now let's do some random news. Shall we play the music? Here are six weird things that will get you flagged every time TSA. Okay, so don't do these things. Being dressed wrong for the weather. If you're wearing like a lot of clothes and it's you're going to like a tropical location, that will get you flatted or vice versa. Yawning a lot. Why when people are stressed, they tend to want a need.
Speaker 2: Oxygen or they're just tired from having to wake up at them.
Speaker 4: I don't know about that one.
Speaker 1: Not making eye contact, being extra chatty with them, using way too much cologne or perfume because maybe you're trying to mask the smell of something else that's in your possession, or arguing or being too aggressive. It's a surefire away to get some extra attention. So don't do that now. Somebody I told you guys to put together a bucket list. I know, I kind of did this last minute. Maybe we can do this next week. But listen to this thirteen year old. Somebody found a thirteen year old's bucket list. Awesome, Okay, so it's it went viral. This is what this thirteen year old had on his little bucket list. Get a full taxidermy alligator that's pretty sick.
Speaker 4: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Go to New Zealand, okay, fair, Discover a new species.
Speaker 4: That's okay, good luck with that one.
Speaker 3: Kid.
Speaker 1: Eat an octopus easy? Why would you do that? They're delicious, amazing, calm, awesome, befriend a bitter wrong. What it's a bear cat, it's a I don't know. Get a cool jeep, have a YouTube channel, the existence of goblins. Meet JK.
Speaker 4: Rowling controversial.
Speaker 1: Now become the world's leading expert on Red Wall, which is a fantasy book. Legally change my name, okay, get married, save an animal species, go on a fossil dig go snorkeling with a shark, help make a movie, meet an alien, become a millionaire, and beat up someone.
Speaker 4: This sounds like the opening theme song of that Phineas and Ferb show that used to play on Disney Channel.
Speaker 1: Wait, there's a theme song that was similar to this.
Speaker 4: Look look it up later. Yeah, look up the theme song and it may.
Speaker 1: Okay, now here are some modern trends that we're going to regret in ten years putting our whole lives on the internet.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 4: I actually don't think we'll end up regretting that, because.
Speaker 1: The worst parts will resurface. You don't think so.
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I think people will never regret that they should. I don't think they.
Speaker 1: Will filming kids' worst moments for the Internet clout because those will also resurface.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's gonna We've already seen the consequences of that. America's like funniest how video has been around for a long time.
Speaker 1: Getting advice from TikTok influencers instead of actual experts.
Speaker 4: No, that will only get more popular. That's getting worse in.
Speaker 1: Fact, face tattoos.
Speaker 3: I hope so, oh God.
Speaker 1: Giving children unfettered access.
Speaker 3: To technology, absolutely, I hope so.
Speaker 1: Giving kids really terrible names, yep, yeah, I hope so. Sending DNA to a random company, Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I did that.
Speaker 3: That one is especially important.
Speaker 1: Parents allowing children to run the.
Speaker 3: Show, for sure.
Speaker 1: When did we get so soft?
Speaker 3: I can't believe what kids get away with.
Speaker 4: Eric didn't let that happen with his kids, No way been.
Speaker 3: Oh I'd be in jail.
Speaker 2: You kid, I'm trying to think his kid wouldn't like would he'd be a great dad, But you'd be the strictest dad in the world.
Speaker 1: Now, would've spoken to would his kid rebel? Would be?
Speaker 2: I have maintained that if I was a parent, my kid would be either a porn star or a serial killer. Yeah, kid, I hope it's porn star because I would I wouldn't put up with that bullshit.
Speaker 3: For two seconds.
Speaker 1: Having an only fans page.
Speaker 4: You're going to I hope. So that's I don't regret it. There's a lot of them.
Speaker 1: You always say that like as a joke, but I feel like you have a secret OnlyFans page.
Speaker 4: No he doesn't have. I know, he doesn't have the guts to like put that stuff on Internet.
Speaker 1: Not the guts, the knowledge, that's the technology.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: There is a shocking amount of people with only fans though, Like it's just like shockingly high number.
Speaker 1: Like do you have a lot of friends that.
Speaker 4: Have No, I don't know anybody that does.
Speaker 1: But and they're for different I mean, it's not all nudity.
Speaker 4: Most of it is.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: Most of it is. I've known, I have, I had a.
Speaker 1: Is it still popular? Like do you people still make money doing that? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they make a ship ton of money. It's yeah. I had a coworker whose girlfriend did it, and I was like, all.
Speaker 1: Right, like full blown everything.
Speaker 4: I think like poornography, but like nudes, not like like xx X, but right, I don't think most people are making like videos like that, but I think they're just posting.
Speaker 1: Like because with only fans you have to pay to get more and more deeper and deeper stuff, right.
Speaker 4: I think you just subscribe. It's just a subscription and then whatever they But I think there's tiers of membership or something which a tier you can subscribe to. I don't subscribe tone.
Speaker 1: I know. I don't think I've ever even seen.
Speaker 3: I had an only fans paid subscribe to it.
Speaker 4: I'd subscribe to it just for like, just for like, like, oh, do you subscribe to only fans? Yeah, it's just an old gig. I would do it just for fun.
Speaker 1: I've already seen your bits.
Speaker 3: No, true, I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna pay for that. What's a broccoli haircut?
Speaker 3: That is the Yeah, it's where it's curly and it's all.
Speaker 4: But it's a it's a fade on the side. Yeah, like afro on top.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you going to regret that in ten years?
Speaker 4: I don't know. It looks good on some people. It depends on how messy like messy it is.
Speaker 1: Now this one you're going to disagree with because we recently talked about this buying cyber truck.
Speaker 4: No, No, I don't think anyone will regret it, but it won't become it's not gonna be a classic or actually someday it might be a classic.
Speaker 1: Collector car buying NFTs like gone, those are gone.
Speaker 4: Those are like long purposes.
Speaker 1: All right, and now we're going to have an argument because Rolling Stone has come out with the list of the twenty five I want list all the twenty five but most best greatest albums of the twenty first century.
Speaker 4: Okay, rolling Stone twenty first century? Yes, oh crap.
Speaker 1: So far, let's go. Let's do twenty. I'll start with number twenty. Wait, let us guess top five, all right, throw us some them out and tell me.
Speaker 4: Taylor Swift Eras or something.
Speaker 1: Taylor Swift is on here, but it's not Eras Eric.
Speaker 4: You can make a guess.
Speaker 1: It's folklore.
Speaker 3: Okay. Oh, and that's number five.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say of the twenty first century, right, probably something by oh God, who's popular that we couldn't even care about, Like.
Speaker 4: Is there Coldplay on?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: Is Beyonce on? There?
Speaker 1: Beyonce's number one? Brother?
Speaker 3: Oh she is Lemonade?
Speaker 1: Lemonade number one, Fudge greatest album of the twenty first century, according to Rolling Stone. Okay, kid a Radiohead I totally agree with that is number two. Frank Ocean's Blonde is number three.
Speaker 4: That actually I don't like Frank Ocean, but that makes sense. That is I know that was really popular.
Speaker 1: Outcast Stankonia hell No is number outcast, that's crazy. And then five is Taylor Swift, six, Kendrick Lamar, Good Kid, Mad City, My Beautiful, Dark, Twisted Fantasy, Kanye West, number eight, Bad Bunny, number nine, Oon Verano Scene Tea, Yeah, is this it? The Strokes The Blueprint jay z is number twelve. Fiona Apple. That super long title the isiler wheel is wiser than the driver of the screw and whipping cords will serve you more than ropes will ever do. That's the name of her album.
Speaker 4: That's kind of badass.
Speaker 1: Thirteen fourteen Elephant the White Stripes, Lena del Rey, which one Norman King.
Speaker 4: Rockwell, that's fair is pretty good. Not gonna lie, Yeah, I like her.
Speaker 1: Beyonce back on the list number sixteen, No with Beyonce, Adele's number seventeen, with twenty one Missy Elliott under Construction, number eighteen, Love and Theft Bob Dylan.
Speaker 4: That was the twenty first century. I'm just reading like two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: I'm just yeah, read serious.
Speaker 1: Now, Uh, the Fame Monster, Lady Gaga number twenty was Anti Rihanna number twenty one, Rosaliah el mall Carrier I said that terribly. Drake Take Care is number twenty three, David Bowie Blackstar twenty four, and Lord Melodrama is number twenty five. Those are the greatest albums of the twenty first century so far, according to Rolling Stone.
Speaker 4: No whatever, no modest mouse, No where are some other like generational like.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of things that are.
Speaker 4: Lincoln Park here, Lincoln Paul. I don't even like Lincoln Park, but they were like pretty damn iconic in early two thousands.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: No Madonna, Yeah, well, I don't.
Speaker 4: Do anything good since two thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, right, yeah, she has.
Speaker 3: She did music, she did Confessions on a dance floor.
Speaker 1: All I know is murder on the dance floor.
Speaker 4: That's not no.
Speaker 3: I know Madonna.
Speaker 1: I know. So I don't know any note.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I think there's just some stuff missing there.
Speaker 1: And for forty five thousand dollars a year, would you drive around the country in a Planter's mobile?
Speaker 4: No, okay, there's a shockingly low amount of money.
Speaker 1: But you get to drive around the whole country and see the see the country and like a year that's like and they pay for your room on board and everything.
Speaker 3: That's there.
Speaker 4: Was no Eminem on there, dude.
Speaker 3: Ugh, who cares?
Speaker 1: That is a travesty.
Speaker 4: That is not a traves A lot of good songs that came out from Eminem.
Speaker 1: Is one of the greatest lyricists.
Speaker 4: I would say, arguably some of his best in the nineties. There's some really good stuff from the two thousands albums.
Speaker 1: I told Evan, I go, you know what, when you were in the womb, that's all I listened to to Eminem, So I go, I think that's that's why you get your love of hip hop, not hip hop, but rap. That's why you love rap so much, just because I listened to Eminem con and he just came out with a new album and he's going on tour.
Speaker 4: Also, no Arctic Monkeys, no Arcade Fire. Those guys are all well, maybe those are a little more niche. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Celen Gomez, no carry Under, none of your songs, just as well. Adele was on there.
Speaker 4: No ce.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, is there anything I'm forgetting to tell you? Guys? I think that's it. You guys, don't get scanned. Okay, I don't want you to get scanned. I don't want I don't want you to get don't your money, don't do it, don't do it.
Speaker 4: Don't do it, all right, I won't. Thanks for the advice, all right, should do it?
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll be back next week. Yes, and uh, I love you.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: I say I'm saying that like you say it every week.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 4: I got a quick story about No, it's nothing recent, but we were talking about what gets you flagged at t s A, because I've been flagged by TSA before, but not in the line. I've been flagged before I even got my ticket because when I was flying backs from Turks and Caicos this last year, I tried to check it online twenty four hours four and it wouldn't let me, like, sorry, you can't check in. You'll check it at the airport, which is never a good sign. So I go up, So go to get to the airport, go up, get my ticket, and on big fat black letters this SSSS, which means I don't know what stands for, but means you're gonna get pulled aside for additional security so I can make it through TSA. And then while we're in like the uh what you wanna call it? The boarding area, Me and like fifteen people get our names called out to go up to the front of like right right by where we board, right before boarding starts, and they pulled all of our crap out of our suitcases, all like any electronics. I had everything they need. They swabbed my hands, they swabbed all my electronics, they swapped the inside my suitcase. Took about like ten minutes, and they let me board the plane early though. After that they're like, all right, you can go board the plane now. I was like yes, but yeah, it was pretty like it's pretty serious. Oh do you know, it's probably random.
Speaker 1: Oh, it was just a random thing, probably.
Speaker 4: Because it was it was a their system that it wasn't like you look suspicious at the airport because it was way before any of that. But a lot of people got flagged. They fagged like fifteen or twenty people. So my guess is that was random. I've been traveling, all three of us.
Speaker 1: If we were all traveling, who would be flagged by the ts Why?
Speaker 3: Because you're way too chatty?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm super chatty, but like.
Speaker 4: The history of being chatty.
Speaker 1: I have a history of being chatty.
Speaker 4: That's not I was making a joke there.
Speaker 1: I do make eye contact. I don't wear a lot of perfume.
Speaker 4: I feel like you would get a little nervous. You would just start talking.
Speaker 1: You know what. I have like that guilt, Yeah, no matter what, even when I'm using my sentry when I crossed the border, She's like, it's really be like they are you? Are you taking anything across? Like I always know, No, I've always I'm not.
Speaker 4: There's nothing in the trunk. Really, there's nothing.
Speaker 1: There's no people in Igno, Like like, why am I so guilt?
Speaker 4: But you would, honestly, you would look like a drug smoker him.
Speaker 1: I know, you know what I would. I totally agree with you.
Speaker 3: Oh God, but.
Speaker 1: You know what you would too.
Speaker 4: Maybe he would accident, but he would accidentally bring something legal.
Speaker 1: Across or someone will plant something on him.
Speaker 4: No, he would actually buy something that's like super legal here that he didn't realize. Is we go where he bought it and cross the border with it.
Speaker 1: Probably, you know, like what can you know bring you can't bring like fruits and vegetables and like or something I.
Speaker 4: Could see him doing more serious than that, though, I don't know what, but like cubid cigars.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, because I smoke so much.
Speaker 4: But he'd be like, oh, keep sack. You know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, but anyway, you guys, thank you so much for listening and watching. We love you so much and love your podcast.
Speaker 3: Love your podcast.
Speaker 1: I love you, my sweet babies. Happy birthday, Charlie. His birthday was.
Speaker 3: Pappy Birthday, Charlie. Ah, just a baby.
Speaker 1: I know I love him. I never do