Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six Fortyssus on.
Speaker 2: The under type Amazon dot com, I can get my way through about two million, five hundred thousand book subpecs.
Speaker 3: Remark please, I can look up such as Mediterranean cooking.
Speaker 4: And I find fifty seven books on the subject.
Speaker 5: Amazon dot Com gives such great discounts that even with a shipping.
Speaker 3: You come out of head.
Speaker 6: I like not standing in line. Instead of standing in line, I just sit here at a punch one button and my book's.
Speaker 7: On the way.
Speaker 2: I found a whole range of books from fiction to nonfiction, on contemporary America, on the Olympics, and news Day, and I absolutly great time.
Speaker 6: Oh we're in the middle of the show, Stephen, Why didn't you tell me? I was too busy talking to Marsha Collier.
Speaker 5: Okay, I figured the bumper place you're supposed to let me know when we're doing a show here you were ready. I turned in the bill handle for a seconds, like what what? All right, let's let's start again live radio right KFI AM six four. We're live everywhere the iHeartRadio app and YouTube joining me in studio right now. Is Marshall call, You're on this Tech Thursday. Don't you look lovely tonight?
Speaker 6: Marshall.
Speaker 7: Oh, thank you Mo, Thank you Mo. It's great to see you. It's great to see everybody out there. How I everybody in the chat room, how are you doing?
Speaker 5: And Marshall will answer your questions. If you have a question, just put it in the chat and then during the break we will answer your questions. And I know, Marshall, we've talked about this on some level, and I know we can't necessarily control everything that is out there about us on the interwebs. But Google is the number one search engine. In other words, that's where you're going to probably find the most information about yourself on the web. What can we do really to minimize or mitigate that.
Speaker 7: Well, Google knows way too much about you, remember you, Whether you're on iPhone or Android, you're on YouTube, you're on Gmail, Chrome browser. It's picking up your information from everywhere. And if you're using the Gemini AI, which we're going to talk about a little later in the show, it knows everything you are doing.
Speaker 4: I mean, even if you make notes.
Speaker 7: For a grocery thing, it knows that you like avocados. And they'll sell your name to the Avocado Board.
Speaker 6: I mean, well that's frightening.
Speaker 7: It's even worse when it gets into AI. But that's, you know, another story. So you have huge data. So I'm going to go down a list of things that will help you get rid of the information that Google has on.
Speaker 6: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: Now you want to automatically wipe everything that Google is storing about you?
Speaker 6: Can you do that?
Speaker 4: You can, but you really don't want to.
Speaker 7: I did a thing where I wiped out ad preferences on an app.
Speaker 6: Oh you have to you have to start over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have to log in again and all that kind of stuff to delete all your cookies, and.
Speaker 7: I started seeing ads that I really didn't want it.
Speaker 4: This is not something I wanted to.
Speaker 6: Be looking at. All right, there are pluses and minuses to it. That's good to know.
Speaker 7: So you know, like whatever people's physical problems, anyway, all you have to do is, oh, yes, I have that really bad, really bad allergy.
Speaker 6: I'm right there with you, so it's not a problem.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 7: So you go into data and security on your Google account.
Speaker 4: You know where that is.
Speaker 5: Ok Let me guess that's the three dots and then you can choose from there.
Speaker 6: Let me let me do it on my screen. As you clear your throat.
Speaker 5: I want to pull down the three dots, and I'm pulling down the menu.
Speaker 6: Is it under settings by chance?
Speaker 7: No, it's under Data and Security, Data and Security, all right, go ahead, take it over.
Speaker 4: Huh Okay? Then Web and.
Speaker 7: Activity Web activity, you got that, Okay, okay. Now you're going to see everything, lots of categories from searches you've run. You're going to to movies you've watched on Google TV if you do that, movies you've watched on YouTube. But if you don't want this information there, you want Google to wipe it automatically, choose an auto delete option, or you can save some of your data, because you may want that data there to give you a better web experience.
Speaker 5: And I do for that reason. I don't want to have to re log in everything. I like some of the cookies which helped my internet experience a little bit more than just going completely cold.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like that one add with the bad feet, and I.
Speaker 6: Don't mind see that. Look. I don't want to see it either.
Speaker 5: But it's almost like I get to the point where I get to block it out because I'm going to be far more conscious of my browser not remembering who I.
Speaker 7: Am exactly exactly, And so you can have your data wiped after three, eighteen or thirty six months, so it'll hold it a certain length of time.
Speaker 4: Can you see the choices? Yes, that's it.
Speaker 7: Be sure you have recovery information set up because if someone takes over your account.
Speaker 6: Let's highlight that the recovery information.
Speaker 5: I know, Google from time to time will ask you, you know, is this information current or correct? Highly recommend because before you know it, you might get hacked, or you might get old and just forget your info.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 7: And if you do, I mean like I have two phone numbers, which one does Google have? I don't know? Freak me out right, you know. Still it's an issue. So you can put in two numbers. But to set it up, you go to your account and you can put in registered recovery phone numbers, email addresses. To verify your identity and restore your access. All you have to do click on security, then recovery recovery phone recovery email, and just enter or edit the details.
Speaker 5: Google is much better at this because I remember back in the day if you got locked out of your account. Oh, I mean it was just sol. You were just out of luck. You were not going to get back in to Yeah, it was bad. That's the time where people were not as savvy with using the cloud, and you'd have all that real hard data and information that you would not be able to access.
Speaker 7: Right, I mean that was I mean I'm still paranoid about it. Well, I don't even know if I want Google to make up passwords for mee.
Speaker 6: Right, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I can't you know, No, I don't want your help, Google, I will remember my passpord one two three four five five four three two one.
Speaker 7: Customizing the ads you want to see. This is kind of interesting because this goes to what you search for on the Internet to keep a record of, which could be an issue. But anyway, go to Data and Privacy, click my ad Center, and from there you can make any changes. You can turn off personalized ads entirely, which I'd rather see it. If there's a sale and a pair of shoes that I want to get, you know, I'd rather see that.
Speaker 6: I'd rather turn it. I'd rather turn it off. That's what we're different.
Speaker 5: I don't need to personalized ads because I'm ignoring all of them regardless.
Speaker 7: Oh well, they always get me with the ads, you know, because they know they know what I want. But you it'll won't reduce the number of ads you're seeing, but it will mean they're not specifically targeted to you, and that's that's what you want to avoid. To make more granular tweaks. This is kind of scary. You will see categories listed also in your ad center, lots of categories like education or industry or business or marketing. And you can click customize ads to change these ad topics that you're shown and that that's kind of spooky. It really is that they have that information. But do it if you're annoyed by certain ads, you know, certain ads I just don't want to see.
Speaker 4: This is really important. We have to enable dark web reports.
Speaker 6: For those who don't know what the dark web is. Let's speak.
Speaker 7: The dark web is the internet that you can only reach with an app called tor, which I don't use. I've never thought about using. It's the one where in the days of Silk Road, Silk Road was a network where people could train criminals. The criminals, well, there was some normal things, but I'll.
Speaker 5: See a lot of criminal activity happens in the dark web.
Speaker 7: Okay, and counterfeit luxury goods and things like that. Yeah, criminals that you could buy through Silk Road and they would take bitcoin, they would take all kinds of anonymous payments.
Speaker 6: They shut it down.
Speaker 4: They put the guy in jail. I believe. No, I don't think he is in jail.
Speaker 6: I think Trump pardoned him.
Speaker 7: If I'm not mistaken, and well he should. He's an entrepreneur. If that's how you want to describe it, then okay.
Speaker 4: I thought it was rather cool.
Speaker 7: I was always wanting to go on tour, but I was so terrified that I was going to put it on my computer and something.
Speaker 6: Well, I did it.
Speaker 5: I just did it on an old computer that I didn't use anymore. I had completely wiped it, with the exception of the tour browser, because I just want to bump around and see what was there. I know we got to go to break But I'm saying I have used it, but I didn't use it extensively because there are more like chat rooms and stuff that was going on that I really didn't want to be part of.
Speaker 7: Well, when you hear about oh, there was this big breach and emails and passwords and user IDs are for sale on the dark Web. That's where is that, right right there, right there, That's where it is. You'll never see it. Google will keep tabs on the dark Web for you. If you go to the security tab, click start monitoring under Dark Web Report, you will start to get information about when you're mentioned on the Dark Web, and I get about two or three a week.
Speaker 6: That's not good.
Speaker 7: This is aside from delete me. You have other app that I used to try and clean up the web. So do this, get the Dark Web Report and Google takes them down immediately.
Speaker 5: When we come back, we're goen to get into AI and also get deeper into how it's going to make life either more difficult or less difficult as it becomes more and more invasive.
Speaker 6: It's late with mo Kelly.
Speaker 5: Marshall Carlier joins me in study Wars live on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 6: CAFI.
Speaker 5: Mister mo Kelly, We're live on YouTube. Join the party on YouTube app, mister mo Kelly, and we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app in a way we're going to continue our tech conversation. And there's some folks probably listening and watching for that matter, who are Starbucks fans. You know how we always talk about the evolution of our society, how certain jobs will not be here in five years or so. Here is another perfect example. Starbucks has created a new drive through for just one location in Texas, in Brownsville, and it was the first three D printed store location in the country. It's the first, but it's definitely not the last. As I said, the location drive through only is set to open tomorrow tomorrow. Now, Starbucks is not saying whether they're going to apply this to all future bills of locations, but they are going to still employ this in the future. We just don't know to what degree. And for what I can see, it looks like a normal rectangular building, but you can tell by the rigid walls and the stacked tubes that was usually emblematic of a three D printed building. Construction experts say the store is an example pay attention of an industry figuring out ways to use the technology. Starbucks has said the construction using three D technology still costs more than traditional wood framing, but because if there is a labor shortage, it can be used instead of and if it gets to be more cost efficient, say it with me.
Speaker 6: Those jobs are gone. They are gone.
Speaker 5: The only thing stopping that is the technology is still more expensive than traditional workers.
Speaker 6: But the moment that.
Speaker 5: It gets to a point where it's less expensive than hiring actual workers, those jobs are gone and they're not coming back. As the technology gets better and technology gets more affordable, it gets rid of people's jobs. And here's something you can use as a guide. Think throughout history. Think about any new piece of technology. Think about when you first got your first VCR or your first mobile phone. They were really expensive, right I remember, like my first cell phone was ridiculous expensive. Well they's ridiculous ridiculously expensive now, but for different reasons. But for the technical tech technology which is associated with it, as it becomes more widespread, it usually comes down in cost. As three D printing technology becomes more widespread and more widely used, Like computers. Remember computers used to be like and TVs costs as much as a piece of furniture. And then as time progressed, now everyone could afford one. Kids have them in schools. There's one everywhere. Everybody has a cell phone, smartphone and a computer because the technology has come down.
Speaker 6: You got eight in the studio, right with you, Well.
Speaker 5: We got eight TVs and eight computers if they could actually see all the monitors and everything which is going on in the studio. But because the technology is far more inexpensive and more affordable, yeah, yeah, more people will have it. And I think three D technology is going to go that same road where you will have more and more buildings and structures created thanks to three D technology. And the more buildings and structures you have created, the fewer people which are involved. And as it gets better, it will become even quicker. I'm just saying you should be able to see the forest for the trees at this point.
Speaker 6: You should see that this is where we are headed.
Speaker 5: And more and more construction is going to be done by three D technology, be it houses, be it businesses, be it general structures. Three D technology, printing technology is going to be the way it's going to go. And I know Mark is not going to like that because there will be an AI component and capitalism. Capitalism is going to take over and they're going to fire as many people as possible.
Speaker 2: Oh, It's not like I'm some big commie pinko anti capitalists. But as far as Starbucks, you know I'm not wrong though, Well, listen, Starbucks might as well do it because they treat their employees like crap anyway, Why not? Yes, I mean, look what happens every time their employees try to unionize. They shut down the whole store, so they're not friends to the employees. Go ahead and just turn the whole thing into robots. I don't think Howard Schultzel shed a tear.
Speaker 5: I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen more Starbucks which follow that Amazon grab it and go model where you don't have any employees. It's at the point where you really don't need barista's. You don't need them now. I know that's a part of the whole experience of Starbucks, but they don't need them for the business. They've been able to automate coffee making for decades.
Speaker 2: I suppose you're right, but it's it's hard to hit on an ai when you go to pick up your coffee. I've never hit on a barista, have you? Barista? Barrista, barrista whatever they say, not in not in the last couple of decades. Answer, But I've written a Twilight Zone story about it. It happens constantly, and if you take your laptop to work ever at a cafe, you see it NonStop.
Speaker 5: Really see. I don't drink coffee and I don't hang out in Starbucks. I don't have a reason to see any of this. But I don't think you're wrong. Hey, Stephan, have you ever hit on us barista barista rista? No, I can't say that I have not, Just too nervous.
Speaker 2: That is a VENTI lie, Yeah, it does.
Speaker 6: I will say this.
Speaker 3: It is alluring when you walk in and they have your drink ready, and if it happens to be a girl for me, then it's like okay. But they just rememborize it because it's the same thing. Every single time.
Speaker 5: My wife buys a lot from Starbucks, she will call in advance or order it in advance, and so it'll be there when she walks in and just picks it up. I just don't get the whole appeal, maybe because I just don't drink coffee, but the whole Starbucks experience makes no sense to be You're paying all that money to just walk in and take your coffee with you.
Speaker 6: It doesn't cost less to get it to go well.
Speaker 2: I think part of the appeal to begin with was that the Sheltz brought European cap fake culture to the United States, and that's what you were paying for. The coffee itself maybe a little bit better, but I always found Starbucks coffee more acidic and it upsets my stomach. That's just because you're older. It is pretty strong. It happened even when I wasn't old. I was never crazy about Starbucks coffee. But I mean, think about it. Before Starbucks spread like a cancer across the country, a coffee cancer, we didn't really have the kind of cafes and just sitting around and socializing that that you do all over the rest of.
Speaker 6: The free world. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I just never caught onto the whole Starbucks thing. Maybe if I like coffee it would mean more, but it just doesn't.
Speaker 2: Also, if you like espresso drinks, you've got to remember the ancient times when not only were those not popular, but I remember being in Vegas and asking for an iced mocha and the barista looked at me like I just asked for something made out of plutonium. All the stuff that we take for granted now we didn't used to have.
Speaker 5: Well, to think of the whole idea of a drive through coffee dispensary. I remember when Starbucks first hit the scene, people were walking in. Now you'll see a line of cars, a line of cars just so they can get their coffee and not have to get out of their car. It's strange to me, the whole phenomenon.
Speaker 3: That's true, Like Mark side, you kind of take it for granted, but that became like the McDonald's of coffee. You can just like you said, drive through, there's longer lines. Yeah, that's a good comparison.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Wow, look at you Stefan, stepping up your analogy game. Well, I gotta keep up with you, guys. Oh, keep trying.
Speaker 5: KIM six to forty we live everywhere to I Heart Radio app and we're still live on YouTube.
Speaker 6: Join the party, Join the show you're
Speaker 1: Listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty