Speaker 1: I've seen to take the form of my parents. I've seen to take the form of her mother, which is bizarre, friend's family, you name me. Probably every one close.
Speaker 2: To me is probably taken fun of them.
Speaker 3: At some point, he learned to fight young boxing bullies fear. Nothing ever got to him, but every few months something waits for him in his bedroom, something he cannot punch outrun.
Speaker 4: Or wake up from. My name is Edwin and here is Gavin. It's true scary story.
Speaker 1: My experiences started when I was six years old. I lived at my parents' house in northern Illinois in the US. It's probably close to three in the morning. That's when I started. I had just woken up.
Speaker 2: It's obviously pitch black in my room.
Speaker 1: I had no idea what was going on, and only being six years old, just completely terrified.
Speaker 2: When I came to.
Speaker 1: I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. All I could do was move my eyes. It was probably what felt like a minute or two, and then that's when it started. The first time I saw whatever you want to call it, the demon, ghost, sleep, rosses, demon, just whatever thing is. It came to me in the form of this old lady.
Speaker 2: But it didn't go as usual. Sleep proalysis does that I've always heard.
Speaker 1: It started out by my door just creaking open to my room. I'm thinking it's my mother, my dad, a little sister or something. But the door creaks open and the handle kind of bumps my wall. I'm looking and I don't see anything. There's nothing in the doorway. It's just black. I have a closet that kind of blocks the entry to my room when the door's open. And then that door started freaking open until it hit my bedroom door.
Speaker 2: It just like before.
Speaker 1: Nothing there's nothing in the doorway, nothing there, which blew my mind because that's when I started.
Speaker 2: Like kind of panicking.
Speaker 1: Another thirty seconds minute goes by, and it's just quiet. I start hearing footsteps coming down the hallway, which is not uncommon. It's a very preaky floor, so you can hear everyone walking them the hallway. So once again I'm thinking it's like my mother, my father, someone, This just shadowy figure. I can't see any facial features, nothing, Just this figure just turns the corner and just starts walking towards.
Speaker 2: My doorway.
Speaker 1: And it walks in and I get a little glimpse from the street lamp outside into my room, and I.
Speaker 2: Just see this gray face like old lady.
Speaker 1: I'm both terrified and confused. At this time. I'm panicking. I'm trying to move my body. I just cannot move. She stops in my doorway and it's just staring at me. Eventually she starts walking towards the edge of my bed, and then she crouches down at the foot of my bed, so I can no longer see her. Another thirty seconds goes by, and I'm just looking around, trying to see if I can find her. Just eyes locked on the edge of my bed.
Speaker 2: I hear breathing to my left. I go to look on the corner.
Speaker 1: Of my eye, just as far over as I can look without moving my head, and I just see the top left of her forehead, just barely in my view.
Speaker 2: All that was going through my head was get up and run.
Speaker 1: Just run, run as fast as you can. As much as I tried, I just could not move. The street lamp outside flickered, but it came back on and she was gone. A little bit goes by, and then I see her come up from the edge of my bed, just start crawling onto my bed. It's on all fours straight out of a horror movie, the most bizarre thing I've ever seen, and proceeds to sit on my chest, not quite fetal position, but like kind of like when you hug your knees when you're sitting down, and just bald up right on my chest, and I could just feel my heart start beating faster and faster. Just complete panic. It was all I could feel because I just didn't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I couldn't move. This old lady is sitting on my chest and I couldn't breathe. My heart was racing.
Speaker 1: And then eventually, right as everything starts getting fuzzy, I.
Speaker 2: Feel my finger twitch.
Speaker 1: I spring up out of bed, just screaming. My parents come racing in. I'm standing in my bed at this point. There's no old lady, there's no nothing, and they're just standing there staring at me.
Speaker 2: What's wrong?
Speaker 1: What happened? Did you have a nightmare? And I couldn't even speak. I couldn't even open my mouth. I didn't even know what to say to them. I didn't speak till the next morning because I just couldn't. That was my first time going through it. It continued, it was very irregular schedule. I guess you could call it. There were times where it would be back to back nights. There were other times where it would be a month or two in between, but it was usually the same kind of dream. But there were times where it would be in a different location. The sleep ho houses demon would take a different form, which was bizarre to me because I've never heard that before from anybody else.
Speaker 2: It would take the form of the old lady.
Speaker 1: A completely shadowy figure of like a man, a six', four probably two hundred and two fifty pound, man just completely, black no no facial, features no. Nothing ALL i could see you were just white, eyes just completely.
Speaker 2: White it would.
Speaker 1: Take you to those two, forms or it would take the form of SOMEONE i, know whether it was my, mother, father my little, sister, wife my girlfriend's, mom, Whatever but it would always end the same, way me jumping out of, bed trying to get this off my. Chest the most recent time it happened was probably a week or two, ago and before THAT i hadn't had one for maybe a year from What i've, noticed at least the last the most recent time it, HAPPENED i was, though stressed out between work and moving and just all that kind of. Stuff is very stressful time in my, life SO i would say it's possible that it could have triggered. IT i don't usually talk about it just because it's kind of one of those. Things but like BEFORE i even learned about like sleep presses, ITSELF i would never like talk about it at all BECAUSE i didn't know if it was just. ME i didn't know IF i was just. INSANE i didn't know what it. WAS i didn't even know what sleep presses was UNTIL i was probably well into my. Teens it's like that ten, years LIKE i just didn't talk about.
Speaker 2: It my.
Speaker 1: FATHER i think he was the first PERSON i, told and that was the next morning after my first. Experience he didn't know what it was. Either he didn't know how to respond to, IT i, guess so he just kind of figured it was all THE tv shows and like all that kind of stuff getting to. Me i've had it twice since twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six started this recent, TIME i was in a different.
Speaker 1: Location and it was it took the form of someone very close to, me.
Speaker 2: And then the time before, that it was at my parents', house and then it took the form of the.
Speaker 1: Figure sometimes it'll go a little, excessive and the demon will like crawl on the ceiling and like crawl across my, ceiling just just completely creepy.
Speaker 2: Stuff Like it's just bizarre to.
Speaker 1: Me it's gotten to the point to Where i've just kind of accepted that it's going to. Happen THEN i just kind of pray THAT i will wake.
Speaker 2: Up i'm a.
Speaker 1: Believer in like the spiritual world and like ghosts and, demons, angels all that kind of, Stuff SO i do believe it's something. PARANORMAL i couldn't tell you. What that's WHY i usually WHEN i refer to, IT i just call it a thing BECAUSE i.
Speaker 2: Don't know what it.
Speaker 1: Is BUT i do believe it's some sort of demon or something. Worse i'm not sure how to describe. It But i've seen it take the form of my. Parents i've seen it take the form of her, mother which is bizarre to. Me friend's, family you name, It probably everyone close to me is probably taken the form of them at some. Point it takes a lot to like frighten. ME i was always taught from my, grandfather my, dad pretty much all of the older men in my family don't be afraid of anything like stuff like THAT i did boxing WHEN i was a.
Speaker 2: Teenager that's just kind of HOW i was.
Speaker 1: Raised And i'll wake up screaming at the in the middle of the, night at like three in the. Morning this happens like so many. Times IT'S i can't. PINPOINT i just remember the first time it, happened and then like the most recent. One as a, KID i just automatically believed in PARANORMAL i always felt like, NOW i don't know If i'm just insane And i'm hallucinating or if it's, real BUT i that shadow figure THAT i see you WHEN i in sleep. Erolysis sometimes i'll see, it Like i'll get up to go get a midnight snack And i'll see it on like the corner of my eye or, something or like If i'm Playing ghost in The graveyard with my, buddies you're out at night run around the. NEIGHBORHOOD i would see it under like a street lamp or, something AND i would blink and.
Speaker 2: It would be.
Speaker 1: GONE i don't even know when the first TIME i saw it, was But i've always seen. It one of the biggest INTERACTIONS i had with it was at my grandmother's. House she recently passed two years ago, Now so when we were going through her house and all that to pack up everything so we can sell, it she had it was like an old, farmhouse so it's like she has this upstairs and it's just two bedrooms with like walking attics on each. Side and one of the bedrooms, that of COURSE i was assigned to clean, out there was this glass like creepy. DOLL i despise. DOLLS i cannot take. DOLLS i don't care if They're barbie dolls or if they're like. Dolls god protect, me Like, annabelle like that kind of, doll or Mister, fritz but like any kind of.
Speaker 2: DOLL i don't care what kind of. Doll it is just freaks me.
Speaker 1: Out SO i walk over to it and there's like a little handkerchief under.
Speaker 2: It SO i take it and it's like in a sitting.
Speaker 1: Position it's one of the ones that like if you lay it, back the eyes will, close and when you sit it up the eyes will. OPEN i turn it over AND i just put the handkerchief over it SO i don't have To just in my, mind it's like going under the covers when you're, Terrified.
Speaker 2: Like it's you're. Protected it's.
Speaker 1: Fine SO i start cleaning out the room and all that day, Ends everything goes by.
Speaker 2: FINE i want to.
Speaker 1: SAY a week, later no one's been to the. House show, up go up there to start finish cleaning the, room and.
Speaker 2: It is sitting exactly how it was BEFORE i touched.
Speaker 1: It it is sitting feet, out eyes, open staring at the. Doorway And i'm, Like i'm thinking of, myself like someone's been, here, Right, like surely someone's been. Here, NO i hate, Dollar like my dad's been here and he's just messing with. Me AND i go downstairs with my dad And i'm, like, hey you been. Here did you touch that doll that's in that room up? There and he's, Like i've never touched. IT i didn't touch that. Doll And i'm, LIKE i know you're messing with. Me you DON'T i know you're messing with. Me he's, LIKE i promise, You i'm not messing with. YOU i go up there and it hasn't. Moved but as you go up the, stairs you take a left and then the two. Rooms it's the room on the. RIGHT i go to the room on the, right and next to the room there's an entrance to the attic like a little. Door that door is.
Speaker 2: Open SO i kind of just like peek my head in AND i see.
Speaker 1: IT i see the, apparition the shadowy figures standing there at the.
Speaker 2: End it's the same.
Speaker 1: One it's probably it's hard to tell because he was kind of hunched, over BUT i would say it's the same six.
Speaker 2: Foot something, tall just all.
Speaker 1: Black AND i didn't see the eyes at. First but WHEN i peeked, IN i was kind of looking. Around saw it didn't register with. Me look the other way AND i did a double, take and that's WHEN i saw the. Eyes and as soon AS i saw the, EYES i grabbed the handle of the, door step, back slammed a shut AND i was, like, nope walk back. IN i grab a, DOLL i carry it downstairs AND i just set it on the.
Speaker 2: Table Then i'm, like all, right let's see what.
Speaker 1: Happens and it didn't move after, that SO i don't know if someone moved. It it's hard to, explain but, yeah like that's the thing that gets, me is the eyes and like the foggy kind of like black mist coming off. It it's like it just it freaks me. Out And i've that was probably the Clearest i've seen. It take like a six foot two, man, bald just completely, black no skin, tone no facial, features just smooth, black kind of like he's wearing like a skin, suit and then just completely, white like white, eyes like the background of this, recorded just completely white. Eyes but that is currently at my buddy's house because his mom's into all, that so she now owns the.
Speaker 2: Doll my buddy who's actively trying to move out of that.
Speaker 1: House he's, like, dude ever since that doll showed, up there's been some weird stuff.
Speaker 2: Happening my mom is.
Speaker 1: She is like a short temper, sometimes like some weird.
Speaker 2: Stuff is going.
Speaker 1: ON i told, Him i'm, like it's that, Doll, Dude like there's something a part of that. Doll i'm telling, you and doll is just there's something about. IT i don't like.
Speaker 2: IT i have some like creepy things that have happened to me at.
Speaker 1: Work so the COMPANY i work, for they do like, plumbing, ELECTRICAL, hvac all that kind of.
Speaker 2: Stuff AND i was with one of the COWORKERS i know more.
Speaker 1: Personally we were doing a duck cleaning for this lady out In, Rockford. ILLINOIS i truly believe that her house is. HAUNTED i don't know by, WHAT i want to, say multiple different. Entities it's like a longer sized ranch house with a, basement and the entire time we're, working there's like pictures being, moved there's like chairs.
Speaker 2: Being, moved but we wouldn't hear.
Speaker 1: It you wouldn't hear Any we just kind of end up walking by to go like check on our vacuum or. Something just kind of walk by and it's like this was not where it was. Before you, know like how you drop like a fork like silverware on the ground and it makes that it's like specific. Clanging we heard, that but we could not find the utensil we heard, it and we looked around for a solid twenty thirty minutes and we could not find the utensil that made the.
Speaker 2: Noise i've experienced.
Speaker 1: Some wild stuff in just my twenty years on this, planet and it gives me the shivers every TIME i talk about.
Speaker 2: This kind of.
Speaker 1: Stuff it's definitely cool BECAUSE i get to talk about, it but at the same, time it's like when it, happens you're, like.
Speaker 2: Get me out of.
Speaker 3: Here, gevin thank you so much for sharing your experiences with the rest of us here at The True Scary story community has been, very very creepy learning about the shadow figures in this. Sense, Now i'm not sure if a lot of our longtime listeners have noticed, this but recently we've been getting stories of shadow figures basically mimicking changing forms into people that we. Know, NOW i know this has been happening for a, while But i've started this in several of the previous, episodes where there are familiar, faces people that we know taking shape into these shadow figures or the other way. Around, right this shadow figure is taking shape into these family. Members what is going on with? This why does it show? Up why would a shadow figure show up as a family? MEMBER i love the one someone that we. Know is it something? Psychological are we imagining them in our sleep state as someone who we, know or maybe somehow trying to justify who could be in this room obviously somebody that we've seen, before somebody that we're familiar, with or is it something that's trying to manipulate? Us is there an entity out there that is trying to act like someone else so we feel maybe a little more comfortable around. Them they're trying to.
Speaker 4: Approach us or.
Speaker 3: SOMETHING i, mean WHEN i think of, THIS i think a lot of the children, ghosts you, know when we hear about entities of a child crying or little child's, laughing little girl a period kind of, nowhere a little boy is showing.
Speaker 4: Up you.
Speaker 3: Know there's an interesting STORY i heard from my. Grandma, actually she told me about a little boy who appears in the living room.
Speaker 4: Area he's just.
Speaker 3: A little boy wearing, shorts like a kind of a school uniform kind of. Thing but there is a birthday cake on his like he's holding it with both of his, hands his. Arms AND i, mean at, first it seems, like, oh, man like this is a tragic. Story what if a little boy died on his birthday or something like. That because they recently moved into that. HOUSE i, mean it's not like the one where they lived in the whole, lives you, know but they showed up, there they fixed the house and, everything and now they start seeing this this little. Ghost at, first you hear a story like this and you feel a little bit sorry for, them, right and, yeah sometimes we get a sense that they have this entity might actually be nothing. Bad this is what My grandma gets from, that. Right but sometimes this is what we have to be careful because they appear to be something innocent as a, child but they're.
Speaker 4: Not they're just in.
Speaker 3: Disguise so this is WHAT i think when we see shadow figures in the middle of the night and they take shape of someone that we, know they're trying to manipulate, us make us think that there's someone else to get. Close So i'm interested in knowing what you think about. This he says something psychological or is it something? Manipulative so let me. Know have you ever experienced anything like these entities while you're? Sleeping, now this is one of the most intense ones That i've, heard, right also involving the stories of the, doll involving the stories of The Old hag in the very. BEGINNING i, mean these are pretty, intense BUT i know that for, Me i've had sleep paralysis, before but it wasn't anything WHAT i would describe as. Creepy it was more LIKE i couldn't move WHEN i woke, up and that was. That LIKE i, REMEMBER i had THE tv. On i've talked about this a couple times, actually BUT i had THE tv on and it was just at the static. Channel i'm not sure why it was in the static channel now THAT i really think about. It it might have just been white nosed for me to fall. ASLEEP i woke up AND i couldn't move at, All LIKE i couldn't get even a word.
Speaker 4: OUT i couldn't even move my. HEAD i.
Speaker 3: COULDN'T i wanted to turn off THE. TV i wanted to just press the remote and turn it. OFF i think that's the reason WHY i woke, up or kind of woke, up at least my mind did or my eyes.
Speaker 4: Opened but that was really. EERIE i never saw anything, else.
Speaker 3: THOUGH i did have some experiences WHERE i saw things like that were in the, room BUT i was able to move react AND i could still see, them which was really weird and not something That i've heard about a lot of people talk. About But i'm sure there are more things like this that we haven't talked about that are, happening AND i feel like we need to find somebody who says them, first and then we'll feel like we can share. Them, so if anything strange has happened to you while you're in that half, away half a sleep, state or if you wake up and you have sleep paralysis and it doesn't even match with a lot of these. Things please let me, know send in your story or send me a dm an. Email all my contact information is in the description of this. Episode this episode was edited and sound designed By Sarah Vorhez wendel A vw sound with additional production by Me Edwin kovarubias and The scary. Fmteam scheduling was done By Bianca chavez And Sofia. Perees if you have anything that has ever happened to, you something that you want to, share please head on over to true scarystory dot. Com you can fill out the form there and we can get in touch that way to see if you want to share your story right here on the. Podcast, again another huge shout out to our scary plus. Members thank you so much for making this podcast episode. Possible if you're interested in, joining head on over to scaryplus dot. Com you get to listen to all the episodes ad free and our entire catalog by the way of SCARY.
Speaker 4: Fm like all the episodes that we. Make if you're.
Speaker 3: Interested in sharing the story In spanish right, now we have slots. Open we're actually actively searching for, episodes so if you have, Anything or you know somebody who's willing to share a story In, spanish a personal, story something that happened to them and it's paranormal in, nature head on over to theroestorialis dot. Com you can also JUST dm, me send me an email with a, story something that you have a little summary. Of it is enough for us to kind of get the gist of what it's, about and then we'll reach. Out Maybe i'll reach out personally and ask about it when we can schedule a. Call that way we get to reactivate that. SHOW i know a lot of us have been asking about, it so please let me. Know but, anyway that's ALL i got for you this. Week thank you.
Speaker 4: Very much for. Listening keep it scary, Everyone, yes, sir