Speaker 1: Oh well, fessor, Hello and welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: This is the Cult of Conspiracy, and my name's Jonathan.
Speaker 3: I'm Jacob.
Speaker 2: Jacob. Tell the good cult members what we're going to be talking about today, sir.
Speaker 3: So there I was mine in my business, being a good little child of God, if you will, and you was just kind of as I do, as you do, you know, and I was just kind of delving into some random conspiracies and things that I was thinking about what I wanted to do for this episode, and I stumbled across this thing from the early nineties, right, golf War syndrome or the Golf War disease or the Gold War sickness, and it's been called a couple of different things, but that kept coming up.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I had heard a lot about during World War One, right, dudes had come back from fighting in the trenches. They were exposed to mustard gas there. You know, they have chronic illnesses of the rest of their lives and it's horrible, it's absolutely atrocious. But like it made sense to me. Vietnam we had napalm and agent orange and they said that our guys weren't getting effected. Come to find out, it was lighting them up to and they died years later when they were at home from these cancers that were caused from this age and orange and it's horrible and it's atrocious and all of that. Yes, agreed, but at least the lines checked out for me, right, one plus one equal too. They were exposed to back him. They died because of it. Okay, the government acknowledged it. Cool, But when it came to this desert storm, this this this uh desert storm syndrome, this Golf War sickness, there wasn't really much to say about it. There's been only recent and by recent I mean the last two or three years of the government acknowledging it whatsoever and doing very little to, you know, try to make anything right about it. But I was like, wait, whoa, what is there that needs to be made right now?
Speaker 5: Are they?
Speaker 2: Is it like a psychological thing?
Speaker 3: It's okay, So I was thinking, like, is this just a new way of looking at PTSD? But then you think about it. The Golf War only lasted like one hundred hours the main assault, and yes there was some deaths, And I'm not trying to take away from some of the traumatic experiences that like US service members faced when they were over there, for sure, But for it to be a sickness that has caused chronic illnesses and cancers and fatigues and all these things, It's like, wait, that's not that's not a thing stressing anxiety. So there had to be something inherent that was going on here, and this led me down this rabbit hole. Get ready, y' all, the Clintons are getting brought up into this. Bush is getting brought up into this, the military industrial complex is getting brought into it, and that ever present piece of shit entity, the VA. Jonathan, are you ready to learn about the the Gulf War syndrome.
Speaker 2: I can't say that I'm surprised that those are the entities involved in the fuckery afoot, but I love talking about it because those those entities need to be exposed as much as humanly possible. So many people think back to the good old days of George H. W or the good old days of Bill Clinton, or the good old days of like, you know, the the late eighties, the early nineties. As far as you know, the presidency goes and people will shit all over soon to be president because he's not presidential. He doesn't could, he doesn't he doesn't walk around acting like a president. He walks around acting like a child. And and I want people to know that is a facade, like the facade of the of the of the prior presidents, you know, Joe Biden, George Bush, Brock, Obama, Bush Senior, all that that is all a facade. That's not really who they are. That's just how they compose themselves in public, that's the way that they want to be noticed and seen to the public eye. But behind closed doors, whenever you start really digging into the deep shithole that all these people were really connected to, you're like, oh, so how they were presenting themselves was just to kind of ease the masses and making them think that we have like a good person at the helm. It's it's all. It's all fake, dude, It's all fucking play.
Speaker 3: And keep in mind as we talk about this topic today. So this was started during the Bush administration senior, right, it continued into the Clinton administration, then was continued into Bush junior administration. So it's not like one side or the other of the aisle is more guilty over the other on this one. This was mishandled by both parties because both of the organizations, the Republicans and the Democrats, the politics of it equally say fuck the military and fuck the veterans like that. That's just what it boils down to here, and we're gonna show in depth how and why it didn't just go from one hand to the next. Oopsie daisy. No, it was almost like, hey, by the way, you're gonna get handed this. Just kick the can down the road a little bit. It's whatever, they're gonna die soon anyway, whatever does it make.
Speaker 2: I just I don't understand, you know, not taking care of the people that are fighting for your country. I just will never really understand that. And as a matter of fact, I mean I kind of experienced that on a much much smaller level whe of I was working offshore. You know, we used to have this one captain. He was a super dickhead, and he used to always say, oh, deckhands, they're just they're a dime a dozen. It doesn't matter. Yeah, you know, you can chip paint, and you know you can tie a line, and you know you can cook a good meal. But you're a dime a dozen. You're not special, You're not anything like that. And it's like, do you not appreciate any of the work that anybody's doing on your boat.
Speaker 6: Like I just.
Speaker 2: Like, come on, dude, how about a little bit of respect. It's like if we were to say, well, you know what, fucking ship captains or or tugboat captains, yea are a diamond dozen anyway like that probably wouldn't make you feel pretty good. But you know, it's it just goes to show that, you know, as far as at least on the upper level with the military, the people who are in charge of the military industrial complex, they see each and every one of their servicemen and service women as just actual pawns. They don't actually give a fuck.
Speaker 3: But that was agreed, agreed. But that was what was so crazy about this one. It wasn't like any other sickness that we had seen from previous military conflicts. And it was only US service members that were getting struck down with the sickness. The locals weren't. But what I'm getting ahead of myself, I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's talk a little bit about let's learn a little bit about the goal for syndrome and the symptoms. This is from the Specific History YouTube channel shouts out to them.
Speaker 7: Let's see War syndrome and symptoms. Although the war had officially ended for many Gulf War participants on both sides, it would mark the start of another more personal battle. With the ink barely dried on the armistice documents, many veterans began to contract a diverse catalog of perplexing symptoms, ranging from cognitive issues like depression, forgetfulness, loss of focus, and insomnia, to physiological problems such as headaches, fatigue, back pain, as well as respiratory and gastrointestinal disorders. Six months after the war came the release of the first documented cases of Gulf War syndrome from the US, the UK, Canada, Australia and Denmark. But it was only after the nineteen ninety eight landmark passing of the Persian Gulf War Veterans Act by the US government that a serious evaluation of Gulf War syndrome was undertaken, with researchers initially believing this multi symptom sickness to be either the result of psychological trauma or a consequence of chemical overexposure.
Speaker 2: Psychologe logical stressors.
Speaker 7: Among the first explanations offered for Gulf War syndrome was that similar to post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD, suggesting it was a psychological disorder arising from the stresses of combat, with advocates pointing to the well established fact that traumatic experience could cause a multitude of psychological and biological side effects.
Speaker 8: It's true that although the Gulf War.
Speaker 7: Was brief, it was just as violent as many other conflicts. A survey of thousands of combatants revealed that they were most distressed when witnessing the death or injury of an enemy soldier, being attacked by enemy fire, or seeing a comrade wounded or killed in front of their eyes. While many captured US Marines have related how they were brutally tortured by Iraqis and were routinely electrocuted, beaten, and struck with canes, pieces of wood, and improvised whips. The psychological argument, however, has largely been dismantled by an avalanche of research which indicates that even the most extreme combat related psychological stressors were not significantly associated with Gulf War syndrome. To add to this, rates of PTSD were found to be much lower in Gulf War veterans, while the vast majority of Gulf War syndrome sufferers were not found to have a psychiatric illness. However, interestingly enough, combat stress was found to exacerbate the side effects of chemical exposure, a phenomenon that more convincingly explains the causes of Gulf War syndrome chemical exposure. Throughout the short duration of the Gulf War, combatants were consistently exposed to harmful chemical substances that could come in a variety of forms. Perhaps the most easily recognizable, for their smoke plumes could be seen for hundreds of kilometers, were the poisonous gases that emanated from over seven hundred and fifty oil well fires, such as dioxin, which if inhaled in great amounts, could cause skin rashes, fatigue, headaches, and insomnia. Next were pesticides employed to kill the swarms of dangerous insects that resided in the Persian Gulf. Had to prevent the spread of sand fly feat ver disease that affected around sixty percent of British and US troops, issued with sprays, creams, and liquids for use on the skin, uniforms, and bedding, as well as crates full of pest strips. Fifteen of these products actually contained toxins that were detrimental to human health, with the US Army estimating that as many as forty thousand soldiers may have been over exposed to pesticides such as pyrethroids, which were applied to uniforms up to thirty times a month, organochlorines, a neurotoxin used to kill lice, and diethyl to luamide, more commonly known as deet, the most frequently used insect repellent for the skin that was also known to damage plastic materials. Furthermore, in order to safeguard troops from possible chemical attacks, soldiers were obliged to carry with them packets with twenty one purodystigmine bromide pills in order to reduce the effects of exposure to nerve agents. Although the recommended dose was thirty milligrams every eight hours for a time period of seventy two hours, followed by a twenty four hour break, troops often ignored it took it constantly after widespread reports of dead sheep, goats, and camels convinced many that the Iraqi invaders were actively using chemical weapons, numbering over five point three million doses reported two hundred and fifty thousand NATO personnel took PB tablets, which if injected too frequently, can cause side effects that mirror the symptoms of Gulf War syndrome. Another hazardous substance that Gulf War service men and women also had to contend with was depleted uranium, which could be found in low levels in munitions since it was known to increase the penetrative effectiveness of projectiles and as a layer on heavily armored tanks because it was also prized for its protective qualities. Overall, DEU infused missiles hit a total of twenty one NATO vehicles, while many troops suffered overexposure during a clean up operation in July of nineteen ninety one after an accidental fire at Camp Doha in Kuwait destroyed many and one A one tanks and munitions lined with depleted uranium. Lastly, a low level exposure to sarah, a nerve agent for a synthesized in Germany in the nineteen thirties, as well as mustard gas, a staple of chemical warfare created in eighteen twenty two and widely used in the First World War, have been pointed to as a possible high risk factor for Gulf War syndrome. The appearance of these chemicals has been attributed to the bombing of Iraqi chemical plants from January nineteenth to the twenty fourth of nineteen ninety one, and the subsequent decision to disregard the warnings of chemical alarms on the basis that they were false and meant to cause panic among the allies. Their emergence has also been traced to the destruction of an ammunition depot at Chemisia in Iraq in the aftermath of the war in March, which produced a bloom later thought to contain nerve agents that were potentially inhaled by up to ninety five thousand personnel.
Speaker 3: Just the quick overall of it. What is your thoughts as far as the amount of chemicals that they were probably exposed to. They talked a little bit about the depleted uranium right from some ordinance. Some things are being shot the anti tank weapons. However, that's like saying this person died from lead overdose when he's filled with bullets. Like, I don't know if that necessarily qualifies, you know what I mean? But we talk about those chemical plants that were lit up, right, that were bombed and then the plumes of smoke that you could see from kilometers around you look at these burn pits and all these things. What is your take?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not surprised. And you talk about you know, you've talked about like at odd or a you know, at at lengths about how you know, whenever you get into the military, they give you so many different vaccines to protect you from so many different sicknesses and diseases. Every time you go into another country, that's like a different list of ingredients that are being injected into you that are obviously not normal to the system. And it's used to protect against certain things, but how it reacts once it's in your body, Your body is taking on it for an agent, and you know, I always just immediately take it back to like the COVID vaccine, like it didn't protect against anything you're injecting, you know, certain chemicals that weren't really tested for a very long time and it was part of the human experiment. But like you know, as far as even just the sprays, the deets and all these different oils that you're using to protect against sand flies. And then you go over and fucking blow up a chemical plant like, of course you're going to have some things wrong with you. This shit is not normal for us to be taken in, you know.
Speaker 3: No doubt. And I mean yeah with my experiences, like Okay, boot camp, you get ran through the gauntland, you get like thirteen vaccines in the course of about a minute and a half. Okay, fine, yes, and that's horrible enough. But before you deploy you get like seventy something vaccines as well. So I mean it's it doesn't really matter. You get restuck every time there's a new thing to stick. And people want to go on about how well in the military they they're what they're doing to our military members and blah bah bup. It's like, yeah, but the military signed away their life to the government, Like a military service member is one property of the United States government, so they can get stuck with whatever jab they want, free and independent of their quote unquote rights because they don't have anymore.
Speaker 2: That's how that works, right, right, Yeah, you're just you're their property now, so of course they're gonna, you know, have the right to stick you with whatever because and I don't think that they're doing it personally. I don't think that they're doing it to harm you whenever you're getting vaccinated or anything. I think that they honestly believe that these, you know, vaccines and things that they give you are going to be able to help protect you moving forward for a certain you know, malaria or whatever the fuck, right.
Speaker 3: But in the military, it's more like a guinea pig.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 3: They didn't know they did. We didn't know for sure what kind of chemical agents Saddam was fucking with. We had a couple of reasons to suspect some anthrax and some mustard gas.
Speaker 2: We didn't know.
Speaker 3: So if we had an experimental drug or an experimental vaccine that could you know, fix the effects of it before our guys even got there. Oh yeah, we were just giving it to them experimental as fuck.
Speaker 2: It sounds about right. And if you were going to experiment on any people, wouldn't it be your own property. That way, nobody can be sued and nobody can be came after or anything like that. So unfortunately, I feel like the military people would be the most experimented people in the country, like they would be experimented on more than anybody else, and.
Speaker 3: We mostly are. Now that being said, we don't know if the vaccines were the cause of the Goal War syndrome. We don't know if it was the chemical effects of things that they breeded them while they were there. We don't know if it was some other unknown thing. We have an article pulled up here from PBS dot org as a matter of fact, and this is questions for the Pentagon. We don't have to read the entire thing, but this is ten questions for the Pentagon and their official answer to these things. And I thought it was an excellent thing to bring up at this time to.
Speaker 2: Inquire into allegation that the Defense Department has engaged in a cover up in its handling of the Goal War syndrome. Frontline asked the Pentagon to respond to tenk questions. The Department's Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs replied as follows. Number one. The first question, what did the Army and Air Force learn to from pre war studies commission from the Sandia and Livermore National Laboratories about the risks of fallout from the bombings of Iraqi chemical agents storage sites? And what precautions did the US forces take to minimal or to minimize the risks? And the answer in nineteen nine, the DoD did have the Livermore Laboratory calculate probable geographic dispersal of unspecified chemicals that might be released from Iraqi territory by bombing. The study was conducted using generic information. No specific targets or types and quantities of chemicals were studied. Throughout the war, US and coalition forces were very much aware of chemical and biological threats posed by a During the air campaign, the US Air Force took precautions to ensure that coalition forces were not in the vicinity when it was conducting air attacks on known storage sites for chemical and biological weapons. Additionally, US forces were fully prepared for chemical and biological warfare if chemical weapons were used by Iraq. Forces received training in self protection, responses to exposure and were issued personal protective equipment. Prior to deployment, chemical detection equipment and operators were deployed with units down to and including squad level.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, so they didn't really answer the question, did they.
Speaker 2: That's a long way of saying we did what we thought was right.
Speaker 3: I think that was that was basically it like, hey, y'aught a lad that did some analysis on this type of chemical spread from bombing. What'd you find? We basically found that everything was done according to the book. It was done by the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So then it gets into the second question, says Combat logs compiled by officers working for General H. Norman Schwartzkoff and newspaper interviews with Czech chemical weapons specialists who served in the Gulf War show that American commanders ignored check warnings. That's like Czechoslovakia check warnings in the early days of aerial bombing that low levels of nerve and mustard gas had been detected in the vicinity of American troops. Why did American commanders react in the way react in this way to the check detections? The answer the Central Commands or sent Coom. Nuclear biological and chemical weapons logs do show that cent coomm teams did respond to check reports. There were five reports five reported check detentions during the period of January nineteenth to January twenty fourth and nineteen ninety one. Our review of KUR currently available records indicates that on January nineteenth, the Czech troops operating in support of the Saudis detected quote unquote g nerve agent in the Wadi al Batin area. The Czechs also reported mustard gas mustard agent on January twenty fourth, nineteen ninety one, after being led to a desert area by a Saudi liaison officer. The reported mustard detection was approximately one square meter located ten kilometers north of King Khalid Military Center or Military City. The other three reports of check detentions were made between January twentieth and twenty first. None of the five reported detections was able to be confirmed by US chemical detection units. However, these reported detections were inconsistent with other operational events at the time. There is no indication what caused these detections or whether they are a part of a larger issure use large any larger use of chemical weapons now not substantiated, the remaining three reports of check detentions have not been discounted. OUR investigations continued to look at these detections, although it's difficult to substantiate them some five years later. Additionally, the Sentcom logs show that coalition commanders responded to the check reports by requesting that US chemical teams monitor the area. Because the check reported detection detect detections were of such low level and were made using very sensitive equipment. Any chemical agent would have only been present for a short period of time. The agents at such a low level would have dissipated so quickly that in all cases in which US forces were called on to confirm the detections, not enough of the agent remained to confirm the check report. DoD continues the inquiry into check reported chemical detections.
Speaker 3: Okay, so apparently these Czechoslovakian authorities had some some you know, detectors that went off. They picked up something on their not a radar necessarily, but especially when you're talking about chemical agents. They probably picked up something on their their sniffers or something. They have different air monitor air quality monitors that they have, and they picked up something. Okay, I don't know how many people do much in the chemical or oil industrial refinery business. You're not gonna have one square yard of mustard gas that just flips on a little sensor somewhere and that's all. It was. In the middle of the desert. You found one square yard of mustard gas that doesn't something that naturally forms at all. Like, what are you fucking talking about, dude?
Speaker 2: Newspaper accounts quote check golf fer veterans as saying that they were informed that they informed the Defense Department for years that some of the Czech troops who served in the war were sick. Yet as recently as August of nineteen ninety six, the Pentagon denied that Czech veterans were complaining of unusual health problems. Why the answer, The Czech government did not report any golf War veteran health problems until nineteen ninety six. The conclusions posted on golf Link in August of nineteen ninety six that Czech golf War veterans were not ill was based on relevant information received from the Czech Ministry of Defense in April of nineteen ninety six. It is now our understanding that Czech authorities have reopened their medical evaluation program for their golf War veterans in order to investigate these recent complaints. As in all cases of events and circumstances surrounding the Golf War, we consider all new evidence as it becomes available and will cooperate with governments of the coalition forces and their investigation into golf War related illnesses. So they're just basically saying, well, it wasn't reported until then. That's why you didn't hear about it until then.
Speaker 3: I'll give them a little bit of credence on that one. It's not that it wasn't being reported. It's just that it wasn't being reported as a new sickness because it was so new, and nobody really thought to start categorizing it in its own phylum. Everybody just kind of thought it was what it was. Maybe it's just PTSD, it's just stress, man. The new warfare is just kind of really stressing these guys out more than we thought. And blah blah blah, Like nobody thought to look at it as a new illness.
Speaker 2: Right well, it says in various statements before June nineteen ninety six, Pentagon officials denied that Iraq had stored chemical weapons in the Kuwaiti Theater of operations south of Baghdad, or that Allied troops had detected chemical weapons there. Why did the Pentagon adhere to the position for five years, even though in nineteen ninety one, US chemical detection specialists believe that they had found Iraqi nerve agents in Kuwait and United Nations inspectors found them at Chemissiya in southern Iraq. The answer Is. Both during and after the war, Iraq engaged in widespread deception with regard to where it stored its chemical agents or chemical weapons. Iraq never declared Commissi Ya I guess the city in Iraq Commisia Commissia a chemical weapons storage site. After the war in October nineteen ninety one, Iraq reported that it moved some chemical weapons to Commissia in January nineteen ninety one, and said that the weapons were blown up by Coalition forces in March nineteen ninety one. Because Iraq engaged in widespread, widespread deception with regard to where it stored its chemical weapons, many reports received during this time were viewed with skepticism by government analysts who were investigating the possibility of chemical weapons or chemical exposure to American troops. When Iraq led United Nations inspectors to Commissiya site in October nineteen ninety one, the inspectors were skeptical of the Iraqi reports the Coalition troops had destroyed chemical weapons at the site. The United Nations team was unable at the time to corroborate that a demolition had occurred at Commissiya. In March nineteen ninety one, as the Iraqis claimed. In March nineteen ninety five, based on the President's directive to leave no stone unturned, the Department of Defense established the Persian Golf Investigation Team and ordered it to begin a broad review of all information, including intelligence findings and operational records, that might help explain the health problems being experienced by many golf war veterans. It was in October of nineteen ninety five that the Central Intelligence Agency asked DoD's investigation team to look into whether troops were located at the Commissia site. DoD and CIA researched the issue together, and by early nineteen ninety six had developed information that led US to believe that US troops did in fact destroy munition stored at Commissiya. Able to place the US troops in the location of the Commissia explosions, a United Nations team reinspected the site in May of nineteen ninety six. During this inspection, they documented the presence of high density poly polytheleine inserts and other material normally associated with handling in storage of chemical munitions. Based on the new information, DoD announced on June twenty first of nineteen ninety six that it appeared that a bunker at Commissia contained chemical weapons in the US forces had destroyed the bunker on March fourth, and some chemical munitions in a nearby pit on March tenth, nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 3: Okay, so real quick the operations. It took him five years to acknowledge something that happened. Okay, and this was ninety six. This took place. The events that took place happened under the Bush administration. Hw Right. This whole investigation didn't go down until ninety six, when Clayton was being inaugurated into his second term of office. Okay, so this was years after the fact. It wasn't like in the following investigation. This had to be drug out of them to even acknowledge that they bombed a place that they said that they didn't bomb, only to be discovered. Yeah, they fucking did.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: The way I look at this is that if the government had been shown to at least tried to be to have been batting a thousand on behalf of its troops and on behalf of its service members, that it was actually in favor of the well being of its own fucking people, And it showed, and it had a clean record up until this point, I might actually believe this bullshit. However, the problem is is that even just the episode that we did what a month or two ago about the POW veterans, like, they completely disregarded those people. They left them there to die. They wiped away all of the signs and signals to be able to find these people. That the new people that are being brought into the military aren't even being trained to find these signals. And so now they're absolutely fucked. And so whenever you read something like this, of course they were completely disregarding the health and welfare of their own people.
Speaker 3: But like, but why because we were sent by WE, the Royal WE, the United States military was sent to that field to bomb that weapons cash they were they were sent to destroy it, and it was destroyed. Okay, cool, But then they denied it and tried to cover up the fact that they did that. Now, why, especially if we were at war with Saddam? Why did why did it matter if we did this if it was in the in the name of war? What was the big thing behind hiding that little fact? And we will discuss it more in depth later, but put a pin in that one.
Speaker 2: You know you actually you've brought up about how Russia really has no regard for any of their service member whatsoever. They're just putting them on the front lines, right, need to be mowed they know they're going to be mowed down. It's just strength in numbers kind of situation.
Speaker 3: And I gotta say, I have fought every war ever. Look at how they did in Afghanistan. They got slaughtered.
Speaker 2: But I gotta say, it doesn't seem like the US is regarding its own servicemen very dissimilar to what Russia is regarding their men.
Speaker 3: Yes, and no, there's there's difference in.
Speaker 2: In a different way. In a different way. I'm saying, like, all right.
Speaker 3: Russia is currently losing. I think the current estimate is somewhere around two thousand dudes a day, Right, we lost twenty thousand and twenty two years of war. Like, I mean, there's difference in scope here, bro.
Speaker 2: No, I get that. I'm just saying, it's not like, you know, our government is is valuing you know, the the our lives or anything now as much as they should be. That's that's my point that I'm trying to say that, like it should be seen as an absolute travesty. Every single time a US serviceman or woman dies, it should be seen as a fucking travesty. Yet whenever you readocuments like this, they're like, oh, well you were exposed to chemicals. Well, you know, we had a plan set in place. It's not our fault. We followed through with with our plan what our plan was supposed to be. You know what I'm saying. It's just it doesn't seem like anybody's taking any kind of accountability here.
Speaker 3: But you see how that was. Even the DoD representative that answered these questions. You see how that's them talking out of both sides of their mouth. We didn't get any reports from these Czech officials saying that there was bad chemicals in the area. But also we totally bombed this area and covered up the fact that we bombed this area with harmful chemicals. But that's neither here nor there. Like, but that was the following question after it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You know, and I think that this is why, you know, uh, I know that we're living in a very different day and age as opposed to whenever this country was essentially founded back in the seventeen Like I get in. But at the same time, doesn't it fucking make more sense, especially for cases like this, that we bring back actual commanders of war as our presidents and not these goddamn politicians that have absolutely no regard for even their own wives.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 3: I put it like this, and I know unpopular opinion. Sorry very sorry. You know, Native American tribes had their tribal chief, they had their their council of elders, if you will, but they also had the war chief. Now that was a different person. It could be the war chief could also be the tribal chief, sure could be, but that wasn't necessarily the case. To be a war chief, you had to do certain things. Though. Have you ever looked at the story of the last war chief of the Crow nation? No, doctor Joseph Medicine Crow. You've never heard of them.
Speaker 2: I don't believe so.
Speaker 3: Oh bro, all right, we need to do a talk about him one day. But long story short, World War two. This guy, I think it was maybe the Cherokee Nation, now I think about it, he joins, he joins the military, He goes over to Germany. And here's the deal. To be a war chief in their tribe, you have to do four things, touch an enemy combatant without killing them, we lead a successful war party, steal an enemy horse, and bring home an enemy weapon. Okay, So your boy was able to accomplish all four of these in World War two. Okay, there was one night where he actually did two and one. He led a successful war party on a Nazi installation, but they had horses because they were trying to save money and all that, and so he actually stole the horses and rode them out with the fucking Indian yelling shit. So like in all manners, he achieved and he actually took a prisoner, so he touched an enemy combatant without killing him. The whole nine. He came back and he is revered as the last war chief of that tribe. Okay. Now put that to the realm of the United States of America. I believe we should have our our garrison president, if you will, the guy that's maintaining the country and all the things.
Speaker 5: That we have.
Speaker 3: And then I also believe that we should have something of a war chief, a commander in chief, if you will, especially when we are at war. Now currently America is at peace, and that's wonderful, but if we were to be set upon or be you know, sent into some sort of a conflict. I believe we should have a war chief type of person take the reins. But that's an unpopular opinion because then it will just become a military despotism and bah.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, dude. I feel like, you know, a lot of people on the outside looking in that we're never in the military, including myself, would would look at oh, not including myself. I mean, yeah, I wasn't in the military, but I wouldn't have this opinion. But there would be some people that have the opinion that, oh, well, if we've had some commander or general or some somebody that was you know, a Navy seal or Green Beret or you know, a special operations unit or anything like that, you would the outside people looking in would say, well, they just want to be in war. That's what they like. They just want to be in war all the time. So we don't want somebody like that at the helm because they're just gonna they're gonna jump as soon as another nation says jump, you know what I mean. And I don't think that it's that way. I think that the people, the people that you know would be in charge that have seen actual wartime action in other countries, have seen dead bodies, have killed people, are more likely to avoid conflict.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that was what I was gonna say. Matter of fact, you said it beautifully. If you notice, if you ever meet somebody who's ever been in real fights, like real knockdown, drag out fights, they typically don't go out looking for fights, okay, because if you ever have to sit there and recover and have your face get unswollen up from something that you didn't ask for but you had to fight your way out of it or whatever, it's not something you willingly go seeking. Okay. Yes, there are those bloodthirsty savage types we call ourselves marines, okay, and yes we need those people. They exist. But most people that have seen frontline combat, and not all there are the psychos, but most would do anything and everything in their power to avoid ever going back to it. They would in a heartbeat if they had to, no doubt, but they would never willingly want to send anyone else into that environment if they could help it. That seems to be a going trend, especially with post nine to eleven.
Speaker 2: Veterans, right right. And I don't know, I just feel like people who have actually been through that kind of situation are more likely to say, you know what, dude, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. That was the scariest, most horrific thing that I've ever experienced in I don't care. I wouldn't want Ben Lauden. I wouldn't want Saddam Hussein to have to go through because that is inhumane.
Speaker 3: I put it like this, There's a reason why you don't see a lot of veterans telling their children that joining the military is a really good idea for them. You're against your son joining that's not even a me thing. That's most veterans these days, of the post nine to eleven generation, I'll say that they served, like even in the nineties that they served, they may have some of that old school you know, oh bro, it's just the best. You know, it's a good old boys club and all of that. Post nine to eleven. Dude, most of us really don't want our children joining.
Speaker 2: Well because you see it for what it is, you know, the it's not what is scracked up to be.
Speaker 3: Or their situations like this where even in the nineties when this operation took place, they were still putting them in horrible situations. That again, these guys didn't know, they didn't know what they were burning, they didn't know what they were breathing in, but then they covered it up. Let's read here question number five as a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: In March nineteen ninety four, I'm sorry, I'm still dying over here with the dam coffy?
Speaker 3: Are you and me? Read?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 2: I got it, I got it. In March nineteen ninety four, when the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs asked for the headquarters logs of General H. Norman schwartzkof relating to possible chemical detections, the Pentagon had said no such reports could be found, but a year later some of the documents were released to a veterans group. Why the logs? Why were the logs not produced for the committee in nineteen ninety four? The answer is the Senate Banking Committee requested five categories of documents in March of nineteen ninety four. The second category of this request was for cent comm logs prepared during the Golf War. In April of nineteen ninety four, Stephen W. Preston, the DoD Acting General Counsel, responded to former Senator Ronald Regal, who was then chairman of the committee, in a letter stating that sent COOM conducted a search and identified no documents that met the description provided by the Senator. Moreover, mister Preston asked mister Senator Regal if he could provide a more specific description of the documents in order for Sentcom to conduct another search. We have no documentation that Senator Regal ever provided a more detailed description. Nine other documents were nevertheless provided by the provided to the Senate Baking Committee in September in nineteen ninety four. In April of nineteen ninety five, under the Freedom of Information Act, the Gulf wer Veterans of Georgia requested a copy of the CENTCOM Headquarters chemical logs. Centcom conducted another search using different search criteria and found thirty six pages of nuclear, biological and chemical weapons log which they provided to the veterans organization. No pages were without it.
Speaker 3: So when the government entity asked for this paperwork, this documentation, well they asked for when we gave it to him, this random freedom of information request, oh thirty two extra pages of nuclear, chemical and biological paperwork. We forgot to add in my bad oopsie, Daisy.
Speaker 2: I can't say that I'm surprised. It's only uh oh, you know it's it's this shit is crazy, the amount of cover ups and the amount of bullshitting and lies like fucking take some accountability for once, like for fuck's sake. These people are laying their lives on the line. The least you can do is give them some kind of support and not lie like a lying liar.
Speaker 3: Lying like a lying liar. Dude, ah and I.
Speaker 2: Did it, Going number six. Some logs kept for the purpose of noting detection of chemical exposure are still missing, including those of March fourth and March tenth of nineteen ninety one, when US troops demolish chemical weapons at Commissia. Which other days are still missing? And how could the logs have been lost? The answer is the Sentcom Nuclear Biological and Chemical Weapons Log was maintained from some time in August nineteen ninety to at least March twelfth of nineteen ninety one. The logs does not or the log does not include entries for August to December of nineteen ninety and the following days in nineteen ninety one, January first to the sixteenth, twenty fourth, twenty fifth, twenty eighth, and thirtieth, February third, sixth, eleventh, thirteenth and twentieth, and March second, fourth to March second, and then the fourth to the eleventh. The Office of Special Assistant of the Special Assistant for Golf wur Illness is still investigating the issues of missing entries. When our review is completed, we will announce the founding findings.
Speaker 3: Oh so there's just a conveniently no entry for the time in question.
Speaker 2: Okay, interesting, Pretty fucking convenient, if you ask me, Pretty fucking convenient. Brow number seven. The Presidential Advisory Committee on Golf four Veterans' Illness says the Defense Department did not act in good faith and has been slow and superficial in the way that it has in the way that it has investigated the possibility that American troops were exposed to Iraqi chemical agents. Your response, the answer, Most of the criticism in the pack report was in the context of what we didn't do previously. We accept those criticisms. Even before the report was released, the newly formed Office of the Special Assistant for Golf War Illnesses had begun to make extensive changes. We clearly didn't initially understand the dimensions of the problem, and our response was inadequate. The Department of Defense recognizes that the issues surrounding the Golf War illnesses are very complex. In November of nineteen ninety six, DoD greatly expanded its efforts to better understand golf War illnesses while continuing to provide effective medical care to our Golf War veterans. We have expanded the investigation team by some tenfold and initiated a proactive two way communication program between DoD and the Golf War veterans.
Speaker 3: So basically saying, we put more people and resources towards it, meaning they just got a bigger budget for it. That's all that they did. They made a new committee to investigate into this, which gets its own budget and required it gets its own amount of money, and they had to get people allotted for it. And that's all it was. It was for the paperwork of it all. But all right, cool, at least on paper, it sounds like they're doing something about it. Now, right, Let's keep on trucking.
Speaker 2: Doesn't that just piss you off? Knowing we send how many billions to another country? To aid them in a war against an a war that we're not even involved in necessarily, but yet you know, the service veterans are having to bag and plead for pennies from the government. It makes like this kind of shit. It just really chaps my ass. And I was never even in the military.
Speaker 3: As a veteran and as somebody who supports Ukraine, it's a weird gray area that I walk. I think that America should be sending resources an aid to Ukraine, especially weapons that we are going to decommission in ten years anyway, so they might as well get fired. Stuff like that makes sense to me. However, sure you.
Speaker 10: Want our good willshit, that's fine, but right, but this is a massive, massive however, right we If we're giving any money an aid to any other country but we're unable to help our citizens when they are in times of crisis, then we obviously need to redirect where our aid and where our resources are being sent.
Speaker 3: And if we are trying to do anything for some other country but we still have homeless veterans, then I say that we again need to take another look at where our resources out all that's being allocated. That's what I'm saying. I'm not against us helping other people. I'm saying we have to secure our home base first.
Speaker 2: Check our fucking priorities. You know there should be a priority list. Yeah, I don't know the next one, which is the eighth question, it says Dosher Doctor Joshua Lederberg, who headed an official inquiry by the Defense Science Task Force on Persian golf war health effects, has complained about a lack of information his panel received from the Pentagon on the check reports and other possible indications of chemical weapons exposure. You'll response. The response is the task force was provided all the information d d had at the time of their investigation. Nothing was withheld. All the information dot DoD had concerning the check reports of detection were provided to the panel. However, the significance of Commissi Yaw was not realized before June of nineteen ninety six, two years after the task Force completed its work. The task Force was established by the under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Technology and was charted to review all risk factors associated with golf war service. It reviewed intelligence reports, reports of chemical or biological agent detection, and other environmental exposure during the war. It reviewed scientific and medical evidence relating to exposure to nerve agents at low levels impossible long term effects, as well as other potential health consequences resulting from low level chemical exposure, environmental pollutants, Kuwaiti oil fires, endemic biologics, and other health hazards attributed to Gulf War Service. The task Force was active from February to June nineteen ninety four.
Speaker 3: You didn't know how important this site was, even though you have hailed information about how important this site was, and you didn't know about it until two years later. And then somehow right around that times when the Freedom of Information Act required that you released all of the documentation that you had on it from ninety one. All right, cool.
Speaker 2: You know, whenever I hear shit like this, it really just sounds like they're honestly just dragging their feet because there's really no real advantage or any kind of like good initiative being put forward. There's nothing you can gain from looking looking more into this kind of situation. As a matter of fact, you're probably getting more fucked if you're if you're looking more into it, you know, And this is the problem. I believe, I know, like I get it, like I'm pro capitalism all the fucking way. But this is an issue that that is poisoning capitalism. And the issue is is that if you can't make a fucking dollar off of it, we're not going to do any research into it. Meanwhile, these people are they're never going to make any kind of money off of you know, any kind of anti uh whatever, anti viral or vaccine or whatever to be able to help and h and maintain the health of your of your people that are fighting for you. There's no money to be made in that. And so that's an issue regarding cap I think that that is a capitalistic capitalistic issue. I'm not sitting here shitting on capitalism. I think that it is still the best uh version of you know, the economy and all that kind of stuff, but this is definitely a downside of it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think capitalism is one hundred percent why this was up because you got to keep in mind, after this happened, we left Saddam in power. Okay, this is a ninety one. We didn't take him out until three. So whatever happened here had to be done in such a way to where it didn't upset the business interest in the area too much. But again I'm getting ahead of myself. We'll discuss more on that later on.
Speaker 2: Like you're not gonna find Fizer saying oh please, let you know, let us let us take the reins and help find some kind of medicine to be able to cure these people who had to go through this. Why because there's only a very limited amount. You're not exposing it to the masses, so therefore you're not gonna be able to maximize the money coming in.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a small group. It's not something you could replicate and make more money off of year over year.
Speaker 2: So I mean, eh, yeah, that's a fucking shithead move. Anyway. Moving on number nine and repeated statements, Defense Department officials have stressed that the scientific literature indicates that no chronic health effects can result from exposure to nerve agents where there are no immediate symptoms. Yet an Institute of Medicine committee that considered the scientific literature suggests that the question is far more open than settled, and it urged more study in quotes to be completed as rapidly as is feasible. Your response, this is going to be a good one. Yeah, The DD recognizes the need for additional research. Oh yeah, we know we need to do more, no doubt. In nineteen ninety six, we funded five million dollars in research to study the long term effects of chemical and other hazardous exposures, including low level chemical exposure. In nineteen ninety seven, we plan on funding up to fifteen million on this endeavor. We plan on it on it.
Speaker 3: So real quick, fIF five million dollars and then fifteen million dollars into the study of long term effects of chemical and other hazardous exposures, ladies and gentlemen, real quick. Just I hate to burst advice bubble. Where do you think the laboratories are where American Department of Defense is doing experiments for long term effects of chemicals and hazardous exposures? Cause you can't do that on US soil. That's in humane. So just curious as we talk about like Ukraine for instance, and we were talking about all these crazy chemical biological labs that were being found and they were all being funded by American Department of Defense, Well boy, would they have those this just throwing it out stuff like.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah, yeah, it seems like it. I don't know, I just I find it very silly that you know, your I know money was a little bit different back in the nineties compared to what it is now with inflation and all that.
Speaker 5: Une.
Speaker 3: Billions were still millions, dude.
Speaker 2: Right, but five million dollars dude. If you look at some of the bills that are being passed currently, like some of the shit that has just been weaseled into, you know, uh, funding Ukraine, the war in Ukraine or whatever, it's like you'll have like a fifty million dollars or uh, you know, basically a donation to a cause that looks into the research behind you know, what are the psychological effects of changing the sex of your child? Like that's where our money is being thrown.
Speaker 3: What's ninety one though? Bro, Having a seventy five thousand dollars a year job was fucking living.
Speaker 2: Sure, but we're still talking about government money, not individual money, which is of you're still bringing in billions of dollars. Even back in the nineties, you were bringing in billions of dollars of tax revenue. And so the fact that you're only putting five million in then a measly fifteen million into looking into why are all these people having such negative health effects? And you could literally give a fuck less.
Speaker 3: It's like, but it wasn't even specifically for this. That was just we put this money towards the research of long term effects of these things. It wasn't geared towards the fucking Gulf War syndrome. It was just in that field just in general, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's like saying, well, uh, did you do any research into nuclear radiation fallout? Well, we put money into nuclear. Sure, they meant nuclear subs, but like, yeah, nuclear, sure, sure.
Speaker 2: Let's get into the next question. I'm sure it's going to be wrapped up lovely, lovely. Number ten, Former Defense Secretary William J. Perry called quote unquote dead wrong what he identified as quote unquote the perception among the Defense Department is deliberately holding back information end quote about Gulf War sickness. Is there no basis for the perception and why does it exist? The answer, okay, hey, the answer. I already loved the first sentence. This is a very complex issue and there are no simple answers.
Speaker 3: We are and off with the politick and right out the gate.
Speaker 2: Right off the start. We are dealing with events that happened years ago, and with documents that have come to light through many different channels. The Gulf War involved hundreds of thousands of people and there are literally millions of pages of documents available to review. Late last year we reassessed our whole program regarding Golf War illnesses. We found we hadn't devoted sufficient resources. Oh no, shit, huh oh yeah, we have a strong enough emphasis with respect to the operational aspects of the war and the implications of those operations. The newly formed Office of Special Assistance. The newly formed Office of the Special Assistant of Golf War Illnesses has refocused our efforts to look at all operational intelligence and medical documentation with Golf wur illnesses as our primary concern. Dozens of agencies are involved in millions of dollars in research, including hundreds of researchers, are actively seeking answers to the causes of veterans of veterans illnesses. DoD is working hard to get the most accurate and complete information out as quickly as possible. We are committed to an open, thorough investigation of all facets surrounding Golf War illnesses.
Speaker 3: There you have it. The DODSA overview of the situation and I mean this was just ten questions asked to them by this one group. Now we're talking a lot about America, but again we're talking about Coalition forces. There is people all over the world with Gulf War sickness. This one's from England. As a Mara fact, Let's check this out.
Speaker 11: Scientists have investigated the cause of the so called Gulf War syndromer collection of chronic health problems that affected more than a quarter of the Coalition troops deployed during the First Gulf War in nineteen ninety one. Well, now our new study by researchers in Texas indicate the nerve gas saren is to blame.
Speaker 4: Caroline Hawley has this special report.
Speaker 12: The war to dislodgeerr arch from neighbouring Kuwait was short, but it's been described as the most toxic in history, and it's had devastating long term consequences for many of the soldiers who served, though for thirty years no one knew exactly why. Kerry Fuller was one of them, A fit twenty six year old at the time of the war. Now it's a battle for him just to get out of bed.
Speaker 13: I was getting illness after illness breathing problems, say, chronic fatigue run down all the time. And when I questioned whether it could be anything to do with my service in the Gulf or what we were exposed to, the military line was, you're talking nonsense. There's no evidence to parasit, and I'll crack on.
Speaker 12: Kerrie suffers excruciating joint and muscle pain. At night, he says, he wakes the whole house screaming. The new research blames health problems like his on the nerve agent saren that was released into the air when Saddam Hussein's chemical weapons caches were bombed. The scientist involved say, it's a breakthrough which vindicates the veterans.
Speaker 5: But the ones who became ill, our new study shows are the ones that have the weak form of a gene that normally protects you from nerve gas. So the people with the strong form of the gene that most of them did not get ill.
Speaker 12: And you say that definitively. Now, no kind of if snow butts. This is the end of the mystery as far as you're concerned.
Speaker 5: Due to all the controversy over the many studies that have been done so far, all of which had different defects of one type or another. We designed this study over a number of years to be the definitive study, to answer all of the criticisms of studies in the past, so that we would get it just right. We hope that what our findings will do will lead to a definitive treatment for this disease that would relieve them of some of these symptoms.
Speaker 12: Kerrie Fuller has not only a huge array of symptoms, including memory problems, but also an arsenal of medication to help with them.
Speaker 4: A lot.
Speaker 8: Yep ye.
Speaker 12: His daughter Rebecca to go to doctor's appointments with him because he struggles to process the information he's given. He now wants the Ministry of Defense to act on the American findings.
Speaker 13: I just hope they take it seriously and do the right thing and understand it. For most of us, it isn't about money. It's about being able to access the right medical treatment. It's not a lot to ask.
Speaker 4: For what we did.
Speaker 12: The mod says it's indebted to all those who served like Kerry, and that it's already sponsored what it called significant research.
Speaker 2: Okay, that poor guy, dude, my god, that he has to go through that shit.
Speaker 3: And I mean, it's not like Britain's known for taking care of their veterans by any means, dude, So at this time I wanted to play a little count dank you Lavidia and Kayley's a couple of minutes of it. He does a pretty good job of breaking down the Gulf War syndrome as it was affectionately known and called. And then we're going to get a little bit more into the cover up of it all, brother.
Speaker 4: The TLDR of our Sandy skirmish is it was comically one sided, with the Iraqi forces being unrepentantly mogged into submission within one hundred hours of the operations start by the completely overwhelming firepower and air superiority of the coalition forces. This is despite the fact that the Iraqi Army had the home field advantage and the numbers of which they quite literally numbered in the millions. There rickety dust Bunny T seventy two's might have been very good against an Iranian child conscript in the fields and trenches of Kuzistan, but sadly for the Iraqi Armored Corps they instead had to go manue Mano with the likes of the Abrams and challengers. That is to say, they get folded like a fucking tea towel. But due to the fact that it is the Middle East, it very quickly devolved into an asymmetric quagmire with militias and rogue units are dming coalition chads without advertising a raid fel RP. In other words, another day in the Middle East. But what we are focusing on today is those previously mentioned Basra oil sniffers. The troops whom well deployed on bases and in operations during the war started to notice things like how a good chunk of their battle buddies were weirdly coming down with a mysterious illness that only started manifesting after returning home from deployments to the dark a duca sandbox. After going through the stress, loss and tragedy of sitting in a forty degrees centigrade desert in full combat year and getting shot at for a month, these unfortunate souls instead came home to suffer even more. And I don't just mean reintegrating into cit the street. Our sufferers of interest started developing a wide variety of random symptoms without any real connecting factor. There were small things like fatigue, headaches, and insomnia, to more particular and severe issues like memory problems, joint issues, broader neurological problems, and even tumors. It's fair to say that this wasn't ideal for anyone to experience, let alone returning vets who not only had to come home from a sweltering sandpit and reacclimate to running water and air conditioning, but also now having to deal with a nondescript physical illness on top of their debilitating psychological scars from partaking in the horrors of modern war. Now you might be thinking to yourself, what in the goodness gracious caused this pestilence to befall the sorrowful servicemen? How very well spoken of you, and I agree, what the fuck? So eggheads up and adm D you put that absolutly high budget to good use, and they started theorizing as to the cause of the symptoms, not out of care for the veterans who were suffering, but because the United States saw that the Iraqis were not getting this illness, only coalition soldiers were getting it, so they were worried that this was possibly some new kind of chemical weapon being used to target their soldiers that they needed to watch out for.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I wanted to pause it and get your two cents before he goes through it. What's your thoughts on that the Iraqis weren't getting this sickness only foreigners, only coalition forces were getting this sickness. So they thought, not, hey, we need to take care of our guys. Uh oh, they got sick while they were defending our freedom and bab they thought, oh shit, they might have a long term war fair weapon type thing they're trying to use against us. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 2: First of all, my American English mind can barely comprehend what this. What is this guy Scottish? Yeah, holy shit, I'm having a hard time even retaining what he's saying because of his accent. Yeah, it's that that is a thick accent on this gentleman.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, yeah, he's laying it on.
Speaker 2: But no, I mean I like it. I think it's cool. You know, accents are awesome, and people that are listening to us assume that we also have an accent as well. But like, but I mean no, I I think that this is direct on par as to what we were talking about. Like the absolute disregard of of you know, each country's you know, uh, fighters of the war are it's you're just looking at him like fucking paper soldiers, dude, and you're treating him that way. And then whenever they come up with these sicknesses and illnesses, well you signed up for it, That's what it seems like.
Speaker 3: But I'm just I thought it was interesting that that was their reason for actually investigating it, not to help out their veterans who are ill, but because they wanted to know if this was a new type of weapon they don't know about.
Speaker 2: Of course, of course, it's the same reason why dude, literally every not every American or every person of planets Earth thinks that the whole idea around aliens coming. Like a lot of people are pretty excited if we were to see a UFO or an alien or something like that. But the government's all, we got to get to them first so we can reverse engineer it so that way we have an advantage against other countries whenever it comes to war.
Speaker 3: It's like, this is the way.
Speaker 2: Why are we always worried about that? How about we just experienced something as a humanity, you know what I'm saying. We gotta say, it's almost like you know somebody who is like extremely, extremely addicted to sex, that they find something and they want to figure out, how can I fuck this thing? You know what I'm saying. It's like, it's so ridiculous.
Speaker 3: We have to use it for warfare. We are a warring tribe. That's what we do.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it, But that is certainly not it's not pretty. No, it's not. I mean, and I get it. That's why we're here, that's why we're the greatest country on earth, and you know, nobody really fucks with us because we got such a big military dick. I get it. But at the same time, it's like, sometimes it just goes too fucking far.
Speaker 3: Dude, No, I agree. I agree. So anyway, all right now, let's get let's listen to our boy, dank. You talk about the symptoms.
Speaker 4: For the sake of thoroughness. We will go over the least likely and straight up dead ends that they have fast before getting into the real meat. The first theory that we're tackling is the oil files that Keino jihle head scene of the oil fields on fire, raining black shout down all over them was very very cool, but apparently caused golf war syndrome, except not really, because despite the prevalence of our and bronchitis among those who breathed in that stinky air, the firefighters who were actually assigned to put out the fires, So the ones who were really in the thick of the flames and the fumes didn't get Gulf war syndrome despite being by far the most exposed to the fumes. So the oil fires definitely caused illnesses, but not Gulf war syndrome. Second theory, vaccines. Ooh, that got a little pepped up, didn't it. But let me elaborate. The Iraqi military had this nasty little tendency to put shit in their ordinances, things like missiles, munitions, etc. And one of the things that they preferred to spike their shells with was a fun little ailment called anthrax alongside botulinum toxin. You could not only enjoy the experience of getting shelled by a howitzer, but also basking the potential onset of botulism. Absolutely riveting, I know, and the US military agreed. Thus, they, alongside other coalition forces, loaded up all of their soldiers on vaccines against such maladies. The only issue is that, if you know anything about the US military, they tend to play a little bit fast and loose with pharmaceuticals, usually giving those deployed gear that will work in the moment but would also potentially fuck them up in the future. This was enough of a concern that they studied the vaccine post war and postulated that those afflicted with Gulf War syndrome had antibodies in their system meant to fight off squalen, a compound supposedly found in the anthrax vaccine. The only issue was that, upon closer investigation, it turns out that no, actually the vaccines didn't actually have any squalen in them, So the vaccine theory kind of went nowhere. Another theory that they postulated is that they blamed all of it on stress. Yeah, seriously, you know that strange, debilitating illness that you and your colleagues and uniform have all been suffering from for the past few years. Now, that's just all in your head, big guy. It's safe to say that this theory also went nowhere. One of the most popular theories was depleted uranium being used in tank munitions and the presidence of certain pesticides and other such nasty Heisenberg shit in the air. What got them on the right track in the end was the realization that indeed a lot of that Heisenberg shit bore vague similarities to the chemical and biological weapons. After all, it wasn't like the Iraqis were opposed to using such agents. They had used them before a bunch of times. See the Iraq Iran prequel series and our fun little Anthrax missile filler episode for more details on that. And let me tell you that Ran Iraq arc was a little bit fucking crazy, with trench warfare, child soldiers, and yes, chemical weapons in steps the Regal Report, a nineteen ninety four dossier that basically claims that during the opening acts of the operation, whilst they scramble for air superiority was underway, apparently, coalition forces were exposed to a constant stream of low level, non lethal doses from chemical and biological agents, including Saren and mustard gas. It reallys saren. Fucking Saren, the nerve agent that can kill a person instantly by essentially shutting down their entire nervous system just by taking a couple of breaths of it. Ay, the troops were exposed to all of that at very low levels alongside fucking mustard gas like it was nineteen sixteen. According to the report, all of the chemicals in the air was in part due to the bombing of thirty four separate facilities across Iraq, with those sites being eighteen chemical facilities, twelve biological facilities, and four nuclear facilities. So all of that shit was flying up into the air, all mixing together into probably the worst ever chemical cocktail ever devised by mankind, and was being breathed in by the soldiers, but it was diluted in the atmosphere enough to not cause instant death but very long term health problems. One of the sites bombed that was well documented was a humble little patch of sands southeast of Baghdad called Camisia. Camisia was host to a munitions dumb for the Iraqi military, creatively called the Tel al Lamb Ammunition Storage Facility. It was a series of eighty eight bunkers. As the name suggests, it was a spot to stow away and store all of the ammunition that they had to use, which is something you never really think about, you know. Logistics are everything in a war, and due to the nature of this installation, it was a prime target for coalition forces. If the enemy don't have bullets, they can't fight. Simply enough, really, ammo stores are always a prime target. So as a result, a detachment of combat engineers and the US EOD team is sent in to scope it out and completely level it. They meander in, they set up their gear, and they do their thing. They did it so well that it made a small mushroom cloud, which is pretty cool. I wonder why it's so dark and brooding. Unbeknownst to our Yankee wrecking crew, one of the bunker's bunker seventy three actually housed missiles laced with you guessed it, chemicals like saren. So when the bunker get wiped, all of the munitions went with it. Suddenly that massive stockpile of stinky missiles was at and the particles were airborne with a gust of wind. It was diluted and dispersed across the country. You can see where it goes from here, squadies in the vicinity breathing the monkey air. Bad things happen, repeat this across multiple sites in the country, and you've got a real phenomena at work, and since the Iraqi army and local civilians usually bailed the fuck out of those areas when the Coalition troops rolled in, and the Coalition troops were usually the ones closest to these sites because they were the ones blowing them up and then hanging around them after the explosion. That kind of explains how local Iraqi civilians and soldiers seemed to just never get Gulf War syndrome, but the Coalition soldiers did, so that might explain the mystery as to why it was only the Coalition soldiers who were getting this illness. But it's not really on the Coalition to a point, because it seems Iraq just fucking loved chemically agents, so it's not too surprising that that stuff would be all over the place. Still, I can't help but wonder as to how the EOD teams didn't realize that they were about to blow up a literal botulism bomb. And the American Army did what it does best, They told the veterans.
Speaker 14: Oh, we're saweye, but no, you can't file for military disability now. It's not our fault that the symptoms took years to show. Saw wee here's two parastamol and even sorry, and even to this day, golf war veterans are still suffering from this sickness. For some guys, their condition improved slightly, but for others it just progressively got worse, to the point where psychological issues, self harm, and suicide rates amongst Golf war veterans are much much higher compared to veterans of other conflicts because of the absolute smargus board of chemicals that they were all breathing in, completely destroying their baldies a domains.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I think he did a pretty solid job of explaining the situation as it stands. Before we talk about this Ted talk where she talks a little bit more about the veteran outreach and all these things. Jonathan, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: Well, I just think it's very unfortunate the whole series of events, you know. I think, look, there's gonna be things that happen in war that you can't imagine are going to happen, right, Like, not everybody has a crystal ball. You don't know that a like an ammunition facility is going to be housing some kind of chemical agents. I get that, Like nobody can look into the future like that. But at the same time, it doesn't matter what happens. Yes, like, if you knowingly, like no, going into the situation that this place is gonna be housing certain chemicals, then maybe don't send your fucking people there. But also if you didn't know about that going forward, and then they word DOUST with all these chemicals and stuf stuff like that, Still, how about how about fund to help like bring these people back to health. Whenever they come in contact do they start having some kind of symptoms like that to me is the ultimate slap in the face of the people that are fighting for you and helping maintain your fucking level of freedom over here.
Speaker 3: See all right, So the general that sent the EOD team out there, right, the guy who may or may not have known that there was chemical agents being stored there, I could tell you now, the EOD team out there, the sergeants that were out there actually reading up the explosives, they didn't know that that was a botulism bomb. They don't know what an anthrax bomb looks like. They know what explosives looks like. That's their job, you know what I mean. That's like as a grunt, I couldn't tell you by sound alone what that weapon in the distance being fired is. My job is to go and stop it from being fired. That's my job. Okay, you see what I'm saying. So, like the guys in the field that were blowing it up, the enlisted men that were getting hit with these chemicals, I guarantee they had no fucking clue. They were sent to this weapons cash and they were just told to destroy all of the ordinance that they find there. Ten folk got too roger that that was about it. And then they get sent there. They blow it up as they do, and they realize pretty quickly, Wow, that is a black mushroom cloud from a bomb that I just blew up. And I don't know much, but I know what color smoke the bombs I blow up are supposed to make, and it's not supposed to be that and cool. But then they don't just get to high tail it out of there. They gotta sit, They gotta stand the fuck by. They gotta hurry up and wait right So they gotta wait there until they get cleared hot to come back to base. They got to make sure that all the ordinance is disposed of, and if not, they got to go back and do more, so they have to hang out and stick around, so they're breathing in this shit god knows what, and then come to find out super low levels. It's not instantly toxic, but it's absolutely toxic. Super low level of seren gas, anthrax, mustard gas, all of this shit, and not to mention potentially nuclear agents. Multiple nuclear, multiple chemical, and multiple biohazard sites were bombed in this air raid.
Speaker 2: Dude, I'm not gonna lie. Every time I hear the word anthrax, it makes me think of that Eminem song whenever he goes you want what you can't have? Ohgro, that's too damn bad. Don't touch what you can't grab. End up with two backhands, put Anthrax on that tampex and slap you till you can't stand I every time I hear fucking Anthrax, I think of that song.
Speaker 3: I think of the metal band Anthrax.
Speaker 2: Up that too.
Speaker 5: But you're just me.
Speaker 2: You're more into that metal shit than I am. I enjoy it, but I'm.
Speaker 3: So different you and I it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I grew up on fucking Eminem and so that's just tattooed into my mind.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, yes, indeed, all right now, let's go ahead and listen to this this Ted talk. Is it from six years ago? Five six years ago? And let's hear what they have to say about this Gulf War syndrome and what's being done today with it.
Speaker 15: On November third, twenty seventeen, in Tampa, Florida, hundreds of veterans gathered because they are angry that to this day, doctors at VA hospitals still don't know how to properly diagnose golf war illness. They don't tie the symptoms together, they don't put it together. And so they gathered on their own accord to educate doctors, inviting in care providers and taping the symposium so that they could educate other VA providers throughout the country. Just how many veterans are sick? Two hundred and fifty thousand of the seven hundred thousand veterans who served in the Persian Golf War are sick chronically ill with symptoms of golf war illness. That's a rate of one in three.
Speaker 3: All right, hold on before she continues, Jonathan, one in fucking three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that ain't a couple of crackpots that are searching for a handout. That's not what is going on here.
Speaker 3: It's not even like it's a little bit oh well, it's a little insomnia. Oh, they just have a little trouble sleeping. Bro One in three deployed military members are suffering from a sickness that the government A didn't acknowledge was real. B Just disregarded that they had any involvement with giving it to them. And then c are still just kind of fumbling around in the dark to give them any benefits to help them.
Speaker 2: Now again, if you didn't know and you didn't have the information, that's understandable. But here we are in twenty twenty four and these people are still fucking going through this and they have not received any kind of assistance nor has there been any real in depth research in regards to their fucking health. That's that's absurd that this is still happened twenty seventeen. That they had to get together to try to make something happen on their own. The veteran community had to make this happen, not the VA. Right then COVID hit. What do you think I think the government did or do you think they even care about this?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: No, dude, there was no money to be made off of it. Let's keep going fucking dirty rags is how they're seeing them on.
Speaker 15: The vaccine botulum and anthrax were suspended in a substance called squalen. We now know that squaling has a high neurotoxicity, resulting in none other than stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, muscle pain, neurological toxicity tremors. We find squalen in many different types of vaccines. It's also curious that both deployed and non deployed veterans who received these vaccines also have the same neurological symptoms. The pills you see here are called in the field PB pills or pyrostigmid bromide. These pills were supposed to be an antidote to the sign or psych glossarin gas that could be unleashed by Saddam Hussein onto our troops. Veterans had the fear put in them that if they didn't take the PEB pill they could suffocate, that they could bleed out, that they could just die right there in the field. And yet there's a fine print warning that these have not been FDA approved, nor had they been field tested. So essentially troops were ordered to take these pills that had not been FDA approved, as the Pentagon had sought a waiver in the name of national defense to administer these vaccines and pills to our troops. This is a direct violation of the Nuremberg Code, which states that you cannot experiment upon a vulnerable population who has no right to inform consent in that moment, as they are in the theater of war. And yet this happened. The burning oil fires, the deet that sprayed their encampments, the pesticides, which one of those possible causes could it be? In Bagdad Express Author Joel Turnipseed, who served with the six Marine Division Transport, recalled that his superior officers threatened them that if they didn't take the pills, they'd lose their insurance, they'd be put on latrine duties, so they'd better take the things they were being ordered. Navy corman Krista Grenier testified that while giving the pills in the field per her orders, she was simultaneously ordered to destroy the record to whom she had given those pills, and she testified that to this very day, she still doesn't know why she needed to destroy the medical records of those who received these pills, and she is not the only Navy corman who has testified to this effect.
Speaker 8: How real was this threat.
Speaker 15: Of biological weapons. We certainly heard about it, We certainly worried about it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 15: Senator Regal wanted to know as he was chair of the House Urban Committee Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs, And the Regal Report has become a very famous report that in nineteen ninety four did find that the United States had indeed sold these formulas for these very biological weapons to none other than Iraq during the Iran Iraq War when Iraq was our ally. That's how we knew what could possibly be utilized against our troops. That's how we began to formulate vaccinations. In March of nineteen ninety one, we bombed a biological weapons storage facility at Kamisaya, and a toxic plume which described now by veterans as the ploom, came across large portions of the theater. And for years, the government's take on this was that it was isolated, that it only was in a certain area and only certain units were exposed. But we now know that that was not true, that this toxicity because of the wind and because of the environmental factors, went all over the theater. And in fact, we have Linda Everhardt who was on a ship, the hospital ship Comfort in the middle of the Gulf, who recalls walking outside and smelling toxicity in the air and knowing that there was a chemical attack. Although alarms would sound in the field and troops would be worn to don their mission oriented Protective Posture or MOTT forgear, which involves a charcoal suit and a gas mask, many times they were then ordered, oh, that was a false alarm. Now troops are wondering how many of those alarms were real and how many times were they indeed to chemicals. What's worse is that we waged a nuclear war. The Persian Gulf War was a nuclear war. The United States continues to coat its weapons that we shoot from airplanes and tanks with depleted uranium. What is depleted uranium anyway, Well, you can see behind me.
Speaker 3: These are.
Speaker 15: Nuclear plumes. Uranium is a heavy toxic metal. It has a four hundred thousand year half life. It causes genetic birth effects and alterations, elevations and alterations in hormonal balance. It's a nuclear weapon, and it was utilized and prolifically without warning, and the Pentagon admits that they have used it in both Iraq wars and estimated that three hundred and twenty metric tons have been left in the environment surrounding Iraq, but the International Order of Physicians against the Proliferation of Nuclear War estimates it's more like a thousand metric tons. At the Basra Hospital, which is very close to the famous Highway of Death, which is where the United States and Coalition forces had bombed the retreating Iraqi civilians and army, there are high concentrations of uranium. Doctors report that at least twice a month a baby is born in Basra with severe birth defects. Some of the common defects that are seen are a syndrome known as gerlain Bar syndrome. This syndrome results in microkophyala, missing limbs, misplaced displaced or missing organs, and club feet in the babies who are born with this disorder. Babies born of troops returning from Iraq also have this disorder.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I agree with a couple of things that she said. Well, she said a lot, So let's just unpack it from the top down. Here Okay, So starting with the depleted uranium, Now, I don't believe that that classifies this as a nuclear war. The depleted uranium that she's talking about is what's used in armor piercing rounds, which is fired from our tanks at other tanks. Iraq during this war was said to have the fourth largest tank army on Earth. So yes, we were using a lot of armor piercing rounds at this time. So that whatever. Now, the opposite side of that is that to say that a thousand metric tons of depleted uranium has been left in the area since Now, okay, you have my attention. That's not just a few rounds. That's that's a lot of rounds.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of rounds man. The fact that they are covering that up. I mean, we know, like people who go out to war or who are in the military, you're receiving a maximum amount of vaccine. And then the people who end up having like birth effects on their children as a result of said vaccines that are ultimately just experimental. It's like, it's it's it's so unfortunate that shit happens. But then you got people coming from this whole Gulf Wars situation with all the chemicals that are involved in people like these babies are being born with our fucking limbs.
Speaker 3: Like, now, oh yeah, well that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Though.
Speaker 3: We gave Saddam the ability and the chemicals to make this weapons to fight Iran. That was something that we did. We created the bad guy. He then used it against his Kurdish population to the north, and we stood by and let it happen because we couldn't stop him after we just gave him the new toy, right, and everybody looked at America, Why won't America stop Saddam from from chemically altering and harming these people? Blah blah blah, and it's like we couldn't. We had to turn our blind eye to it because we were literally the ones that gave it to him in the first place. Bro, we taught the caveman fire, Well, we're gonna we're gonna stop him from burning shit.
Speaker 2: Where are the fucking plug, dude, you know ex likely And then we're and then we're like, oh, well, I mean, I can't believe that he would do that to these other people. And it's like the other side part of me, a part of me just looks at it like, all right, well, maybe we gave that chemical compound or whatever to Saddam because it was a cheap thing to make and they were able to afford that kind of chemical agent. It's ultimate warfare. You're trying to do it at the UH really on a small budget so that you can extend, you know, if the war has to go for a very long time. You don't want to, you know, use up all your money or whatever. I get it. But to a certain level, it's like.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a reason why we can't use them. The Geneva Convention says we can't use those. However, Iraq didn't sign that agreement, and so when the time came and they were fighting an enemy of America, they can use chemical warfare. Now, we don't want to give them nukes, of course, so that that would be fucking crazy. But to give him something else that is as lethal, that's not a nuke that they we didn't give them. Hey, they did that. They figured out on their own, you know what I mean. Whatever, Like there was plausible deniability enough to where it was like, eh, whatever, But think about that too, now, dude. That means that at these weapons storage facilities, we knew what he had because we gave it to him. I mean, these EOD guys in the field that were blowing it up, the guys at the top could have given him a heads up or hey, here's how you properly dispose of this type of thing that you're gonna find at this place. We had the intel, dude, we had satellites.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's not like it's above the string polers of the American military or of the government. It's not like it's above us to hand out some kind of chemical agent to be able to fight some certain adversaries. I mean, I just think about, like, what was it the std blankets that we gave the fucking Native Americans?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, the syphilist blankets? The syphilis? Was it tuberculosis? Maybe? But we the Tuskegee Experiments is when we gave the that group syphilis and then just gave him Thailand all for years and years just to see.
Speaker 2: That's what it was. I got, I got the things mixed up. But even still, it's like, I mean, there's just no regard for humanity at this point, and it's fucking it's sad, you know, And honestly, it like that kind of shit. Really, like if you haven't already lost some kind of respect for the people that are in charge of certain warfare, it's like that is I mean, look, I don't I don't want to see anybody die personally, Like not that I'm anti I'm not anti war. I know I say that. But you can't be anti door. I totally get that. You you. Unfortunately, war is necessary in some certain situations.
Speaker 3: But the most effective way of solving problems throughout the course of human history.
Speaker 2: I get it. It's unfortunate that it's true, but like, but I don't know, dude, it's just, you know, the the lengths at which they're willing to take it is just fucking inhumane.
Speaker 3: I agree, I agree, But now let's talk about that the lengths right, Because the Goal War was also kind of an interesting one. It is arguably the only time where the might of the US military was unleashed, unchained because by the time that the politicians had the opportunity to talk about it, it was over. We had wrapped it up in one hundred hours, give or take. And the reason behind that was because basically America hadn't had a chance to have a forward offensive operation since Vietnam. Yeah, we had a couple of things throughout the eighties, and you want to talk about Kosovo, you want to talk about Bosnia. There was some stuff, but not to the level of a full frontal assault from the United States military, and especially not a NATO coalition group like this. So we pretty much just went fucking ham And again we thought that this was going to be a fight to the fourth largest tank army on Earth, and all this funding and bump up, up, up, we didn't realize that the tanks weren't all operating or operational excuse me, or it would even be moved. We didn't know that half of them were anchored to the ground and were basically just turrets. We didn't know that half of them didn't have AMMO in them. We didn't know so many things, but we found out very quickly. Within one hundred hours, as a matter of fact, is how quickly we found this out. But you know that being said, she brought up something that the Highway of death, Jonathan, have you ever heard of the Highway of death?
Speaker 2: I mean, I always call it the Autobahn, but I have a feeling that that's not what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: It's not, let's go ahead and learn about the Highway of Death. In the Desert Storm Gulf War era, a.
Speaker 16: Long column of Iraqi troops, loaded down with military equipment and stolen gold, beat a hasty retreat out of Kuwait. They fled along the road to Basra, now better known as the Highway of Death.
Speaker 17: The head of the Kuwaiti underground called me and he said they're leaving. He was crying. I started crying, and then we said we need to stop this exodus because this is military capability which may be turned around and brought back into play in a few years.
Speaker 18: The Iraqis that were in Kuwait, from the top person to the lowest person, were the most brutal individuals that societies had to deal with since World War Two. So when the call came that they were taking their equipment and cars and trucks in exity, I called Colonel bull Baker and I said, I want you to get twelve aircrews and I want you to personally take them to the airplane. Tell them they only have to do one thing. Go to Kuwait City, go north on Highway six and stopped the convoy.
Speaker 16: F fifteen e's boxed the convoy in by bombing vehicles at the front and the end of the column. Then bombers and helicopter gunships went down the two mile long line of traffic and methodically brew up every single vehicle. It was one of the most controversial events of the war.
Speaker 6: There were some Iraqis who were killed, but I was there at that point when the Iraqi truck engines were still running. Nobody in them, but the engine was running, so they weren't stupid. They had seen air coming down the goalam and they'd bailed out and escaped over in the marsh and ultimately made their way back into Iraq, So it really wasn't the Highway of death per se.
Speaker 19: That was the most horrible scene I've ever seen in my life, that the old incancy is destroyed equipment and courses. Few meters away from me, there was a.
Speaker 20: Tank covered with corpses, still freshly killed. Their blood was dripping, and it was the whole tank was covered with corpses and blood.
Speaker 16: Faced with the grim results, some wondered if overwhelming force had mutated into overkill.
Speaker 17: That created a sense that we were beating up on these Iraqis who were just simply trying to flee the battlefield. It did not convey the sense about defanging the Iraqis sufficiently so that they'd stay in their box at least ten years. So I had no problem with what we did on the so called Highway of Death or destruction.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 3: Look at all of those shelled out cars.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like whenever you see shit like this. Of course, people that are coming back after, you know, having to experience this high spectacle, your life's gonna be a little fucking fractured, you know what I'm saying, Like psychologically that would fuck you up seeing this shit in real life, Oh.
Speaker 3: One hundred percent. Bro. But with that being said, remember this is what that lady said. This is bogram this or I've probably butchered in the ways pronounced. But this is where they're saying that, like so every so often a kid has born with these crazy defects. She is postulating that it's because of all the depleted uranium in the ground from this bombardment. Dude, Now did you hear what he said? Due two miles of cars and equipment. Basically, this was when the war was kicking off, right. Kuwait, poor little Kuwait, who was an ally of America just got ransacked by Iraq. They were annexing it, very very similar to how Russia did to Crimea and how Russia's doing to Ukraine right now. And they're like, yo, we don't want to be a part of Iraq. We're our own nation and we're good with that. And Saddam's like, no, no, you're meant to be with us. This is clearly traditionally, this is the way the map's always been written. All the shit, all the stuff we hear from these dictator types. Cool, And they just ransacked a spot. And if you actually look at the city that that convoy was leaving, they just got done doing some horrible, horrible atrocities to humanity from where they were leaving. Two coming back into Iraq down this highway. Your boy calls up and is like, hey, you got one job. Eliminate the convoy roger that fucking two miles of NonStop just blowing the shit out of them so much though, that became the Highway of death.
Speaker 2: My god, that is such a sight to see, just even this one picture of the part of the highway. You know, you said it was two miles.
Speaker 3: Two miles and literally every single vehicle on the road for those two miles, which again it's not like there was tons of vehicles on the road that were civilians. This was all bad guys. There were a few civilians that were killed, and my boy here on Warfronts is going to talk about that. But it wasn't like there was like school buses full of kids and stuff like. No, it was the middle of the night and this one convoy that we're all riding at high speeds very close together. God, lit the fuck up.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess all is fair in love and war, as they say.
Speaker 3: Correct, correct, Actually know what I'm gonna go ahead and try to reshare because we are having issues with our sound and the sharing on this episode for some reason, because I don't know we're on something.
Speaker 2: I guess they don't want you to know this.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead and hear about it. From Warfronts.
Speaker 21: On February the twenty seventh, nineteen ninety one, General Norman Schwartzkov, the Commander in chief of United States Central Command and leader of the Coalition forces in the Golf Theater, ordered a massive aerial bombardment of the fleeing army. Now this might sounds at first like a mistake. The army was fleeing. Surely the war was won. There was no need to attack the army as they left Kuwait. They posed no threat to anyone at this point. However, the soul were fleeing in their trucks and taking their equipment back to Iraq. The Coalition did not want sad Arma's forces to be able to reuse these tanks, miss our launchers, trucks and more in the future. General Schwarzcoff himself said as much in an interview with PBS, quoting here, the first reason why we bombed the highway coming out of Kuwait is because there was a great deal of military equipment on that highway. And again I'd given orders to all my commanders that I wanted every piece of Iraqi equipment that we possibly could destroyed, because if we destroyed that Iraqi military equipment, that was equipment that would not be around for them to use later on. General truck Horner, the Coalition Air Force commander at the time, had a similar sentiment in a story he told to a documentary crew. He said, the head of the Kuwaiti underground called me and said they're leaving.
Speaker 2: He was crying.
Speaker 21: I started crying, and then we said we need to stop this exodus because this was military capability which maybe turned around and brought back into play in a few years. This made the fleeing column of vehicles a justified military target for the Coalition in their rules of engagement. The Coalition took full advantage of this fact, and the results were absolutely devastating for the fleeing Iraqi Army. Coalition aircraft, made up of their fifteen E fighter jets, eight ends and attack helicopters, repeatedly straighted the two mile long convoy on the highway. They began by attacking the vehicles at the front and back of the convoy, which effectively stopped many of the vehicles in their tracks and left them trapped. The remaining vehicles in the middle of the convoy were sitting ducks. Over the course of the next several hours, Coalition aircraft systematically and methodically blew up every single vehicle on Highway eighty. While some Iraqi vehicles did get past the initial convoy and the ensuing barrage, they were systematically hounded by Apache helicopters as they sped back to the border.
Speaker 2: Even when reaching Iraq.
Speaker 21: Itself, the Coalition forces continued to deal damage to remaining Iraqi vehicles and equipment. They wanted to make sure that Saddam could not pull this doune again in the future. The Atlantic reports that a large number of Kuwaiti civilian vehicles were destroyed in the attack. At first, it was feared that this could have been a significant number of Kuwaiti civilians fleeing the capitol. However, it later came to light that the large number of civilian vehicles on the highway were in fact stolen by Iraqi soldiers as they fled back to Iraq. General Schwarzkov, in his PBS interview, is quoted as saying just about every vehicle that they were fleeing in was a vehicle that they had stolen from Kuwait. Time magazine indicates a wide variety of vehicles who have later discovered amongst the wreckage, including milk vans, fire trucks, limousines, and one bulldozer to go alongside the trucks, armoured cars and tanks. The Atlantic lends credence to the idea that the vehicles was stolen, as it reported that many vehicles held fully loaded but rusting Kalashnikov variants in them. It would also not make logical sense for Kuwaitis fleeing the conflict to travel north towards Iraq instead of south toward coalition partner Saudi Arabia. Now, it's important to note that undoubtedly a number of civilians may have been killed in the strike because the Iraqi army had taken hostages in the final hours before their retreat. However, understanding what their number is, it's very difficult to determine. Almost every single vehicle on Highway eighty that day was destroyed and left as a smoldering husk in the middle of the desert. Estimation for the total number of vehicles destroyed range from just over one thousand all the way up to twenty seven hundred. So many vehicles were destroyed that troops in country referred to the events as a Turkey shoot. But it is the number of deaths that is the most contentious thing about all of this.
Speaker 2: The true number of.
Speaker 21: Those killed that day is difficult to determine, whether reports ranging from a few hundred to tens of thousands. The BBC falls in the middle, placing the number of Iraqi soldiers killed in the low thousands. The sheer level of destruction on Highway eighty and the ensuing photos that would emerge would indicate a high number of casualties.
Speaker 3: However, Okay, so in and of itself, bro, you want to talk about these high numbers of casualties, We're talking thousands in a matter of a couple of hours. Again, we talk about these high casualty rates in the Rush Ukraine situation, two thousand a day on one side, and all of this America loss a little over twenty thousand in twenty two years of combat. So I will say, as far as American military might is concerned, at least we care ever so slightly about our military members. And then you see that again talking about this desert storm, all this, this highway of death. This was so controversial because they were like, was that a did they exceed the amount of force needed? And this and this. These people got brought in for trial because they lit up this group of fighters with weapons and equipment that were going back in Iraq and they bomb the fuck out of that strip of highways so heavily that babies are still born to form because of it.
Speaker 2: Dude, Oh my god, dude, this shit is nuts, you know, I was just thinking. I was just saying on the Live show last night about how I had a dream that I was a terrorist and I was on a road that was barricaded. Isn't it weird that we're talking about this.
Speaker 3: Today, Jesus Christ, dude, why would you have a dream where you're a terrorist and you call me a nark.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, I don't know if I was a terrorist or if I was you know, some kind of evil plot.
Speaker 3: Sure, you called yourself a freedom fighter, I'm sure of it.
Speaker 2: I don't probably, Yeah, I'm sure that I was doing something against the law. But either way, it's like weird that, you know, that's happening that I'm seeing a picture of that today. That's strange.
Speaker 3: God damn Dad. I mean, but look now we're talking about the golf war syndrome, the cover up of it. This is an article from CounterPunch, The under Toxic Fire. This is from twenty fifteen. As a matter of fact, how the Clintons helped cover up golf war syndrome. Jonathan. The Clintons are making their way.
Speaker 2: In because, of course, of course, there would be no stone left unturned. President Bill Clinton assured Americans on Veterans Days six days after his re election in November of nineteen ninety six, in efforts to get to the bottom of the array of illnesses. Colloquially, you don't see that word spelled out very often.
Speaker 3: Colloquially not very often, but you nailed it.
Speaker 2: Known as golf War syndrome. With his next breath, Clinton heaped praise on the Presidential Advisory Committee on Golf War Illnesses, whose prime finding, leaked three days earlier, had been that there is no golf War syndrome and any adverse symptoms associated with the name could be attributed to psychological stress experienced by the vets. Are you just going through psychological stress? Ain't no big deal?
Speaker 3: Of course, of course right.
Speaker 2: George H. W. Bush's determination to punish Iraq led to the golf War illnesses, but Clinton was responsible for the cover up of how those illnesses developed. Shortly after Veterans' Day, Hillary Clinton told an audience at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas that one of her priorities in the second term would be to work on issues related to these golf War illnesses. Indeed, it was Hillary who pushed in the spring of nineteen ninety five for the creation of this same presidential panel that eventually laid the blame on stress, the relief of which became the First Lady's Therapeutic Project. Though as the year's unscrolled, less and less was heard from her on this thorny eruption of mass psychosomatic illnesses.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, let's just let's pump the brakes real quick. They're big shoots.
Speaker 2: It's just in your head.
Speaker 3: The creation of the same presidential panel that eventually laid the blame on stress, the relief of which became the First Lady's Therapeutic Project. Hillary Clinton spearheaded the First Lady's Therapeutic Project.
Speaker 2: What does it even matter?
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, with the fuck, dude, the nineties were just a lawless wastelam from what I can tell, we were just too young to realize it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's that's nuts that you'd put fucking Hillary in charge of that, and for her to come to for her to come to the conclusion that it's just a psychological thing that you're going through. You know, it's not actually chemically related. It has nothing to do with any of the chemicals that you were ingesting on a fucking daily basis when we were out there, you know, just atomizing the fucking land out there, Like, because Hillary is an expert on this kind of shit, so let's put her in charge.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, we know that she doesn't give a fuck about active duty military personnel. Otherwise she would have saved the guys in Benghazi, So it would only make sense to me that she really doesn't give a fuck about veterans that are dealing with shit. But you know, I just this article I felt like was something that we should read as we're talking about it.
Speaker 2: You know, it kind of checks out, Like, think about the person who put her in charge of this. That rate there is enough to say that they don't give a fuck that you would put somebody like Hillary in charge of this. George, of course, probably was a fucking Soros motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: The report on the Presidential Commission could hardly be called scientific, since the results of one hundred of a hundred epidemiological damn I crushed that one studies which the panel commissioned have not yet been processed. In other words, the only stones not left unturned by Clinton were those used to conceal what happened in ninety one. Another finding of the Presidential Commission proved highly pertinent. The nine panel or the nine person panel said emphatically that the Pentagon cannot be trusted to investigate itself. No shit, no shit, ruh. The panel called for an independent probe of whether Allied forces in the Gulf in ninety one had been exposed to chemical and biological weapons. Previous Pentagon investigations, they wrote in quotes, have lacked vigor, fallen short on investigative grounds, and stretched credibility end quote. Clinton gave this recommendation short shrift, saying that he believed Defense Secretary Bill Perry end quotes has moved in an expeditious fashion. Clinton endorsed the Pentagon's position that it alone had the technical expertise to exhume the truth in this affair.
Speaker 3: From the sure what was that word he used? He has moved in an expedious, expeditious fashion. I'm sure he's moved in an expeditious fashion.
Speaker 2: He's moving with the swiftness.
Speaker 3: Where's expeditiously? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: From the very first moment, back in nineteen ninety one, when the possibility of chemical and biological weapon deployment was raised, the Pentagon denied that such weapons were ever used, that troops wherever exposed that there are illnesses associated with Iraqi's chemical biological arsenal of weaponry. In marked contrast, Czech CBW or chemical biological weapon deployment experts who were part of the Allied forces notified General H. Norman Schwartzklov's headquarters on January nineteen, nineteen ninety one, two days after the initial bombing of Baghdad, that they had detected two chemical events near Jubilee. Schwarzklov's office promptly issued in order to all US commanders to disregard any reports coming from the Czechs.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, so were those those two reports that we brought up earlier where it was like, oh, it was just a one square yard right of mustard gas, no big deal. That happens all over the world, naturally without any reason.
Speaker 2: Clearly, on November tenth of nineteen ninety three, the Pentagon admitted in a congressional hearing that it believed the check report to be valid.
Speaker 3: So now they're lying, So first they disregard all of it. Now, well, actually they're true, but they're lying though, But yep.
Speaker 2: But they're true.
Speaker 3: But they're yeah.
Speaker 2: When asked why the Army had not investigated the events reported by the Czechs as a possible source of the syndrome, Major General Ronald Blank, commander of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center, said that they did not explore this because it was the position of military intelligence that such exposure never occurred. But the US Army had gone or had more than the checks to contend with. US chemical alarm systems had gone off nine times during the war, most significant on January twenty eighth, when Major Stephen B. Leisen Ring reported a low level chemical cloud that set off twelve twelve alarms in a conventional downwind pattern. His superiors dismissed this observation as a false positive. The final fallback position was enunciated by the late Less Aspen, Clinton's first Defense Secretary, in November of nineteen ninety three. Aspen declared that the detection of chemical and biological agents and the golf end quotes is totally unrelated to the mysterious health problems that have victimized some of our veterans.
Speaker 3: Okay, so real quick. Being somebody who's worked in a chemical plant and knows what a false positive is, Yeah, you'll have a one air monitor that will go off when it actually didn't detect anything. Maybe the batteries are going low, maybe it needs to be calibrated. Sure, these happens. Is an imperfect world. Yo, Twelve alarms going off in a down win fashion declared to be a false That is bullshit. That is not a false positive. That is a chemical release by it. That's all that is.
Speaker 2: Jacob. If your girl takes a fucking pregnancy test and it shows positive twelve times, are you gonna call that false positives?
Speaker 3: No? I sure wouldn't. Sure would not.
Speaker 2: I mean, you can deny it all you want, but this is just the fact of the matter, is that, like math isn't on your side at that point, and statistic how that.
Speaker 3: They're trying to launch through the investigation. It doesn't matter because the reports at the time said, oh, it was no big deal, there's nothing else on the matter.
Speaker 2: Aspen's posture remained that of the Pentagon until June of nineteen ninety six, when a CIA analyst, Larry Fox discovered that the US Army had destroyed as many as a thousand Iraqi missiles loaded with the nerve gas seren and with mustard gas at Commissiyah. The Army admitted this, but claimed that only four hundred engineers might have been exposed. That estimate soon climbed to twenty thousand.
Speaker 3: Okay, so paus. First there was no chemical agents. Then they're saying that there was absolutely one thousand. Then they're saying, okay, fine, they were real, but only four hundred were exposed. Now we're saying it possibly twenty thousand. Bro in one paragraph. The story arc has shifted so so eloquently high it's insane.
Speaker 2: But even the twenty thousand figure is relatively modest in comparison with the CIA estimates that as many as one hundred thousand troops may have been exposed to saren after Allied bombing missions destroyed Iraqi weapons plants west of Baghdad. The CIA reckoned that as many as twenty metric tons of sarin had been released into the air. Holy shit, twenty metric tons of sarin.
Speaker 3: The permissible limit on that is I think one part per billion, which is one cubic inch and sixteen cubic miles.
Speaker 2: Good god U. The CIA documents pinpointing this and other chemical and biological exposures of US troops were placed on the Internet on November third, nineteen ninety six, by two analysts formally under contract to the CIA. That Internet site was disabled two days later, presumably by agency hackers.
Speaker 3: I mean, is that the craziest thing to assume at this point.
Speaker 2: Oh, that the three letter agencies have absolute control over everything that's on the Internet. Sure, we've seen it for sure. Aside from the matter of the cover ups during, during, and after the Gulf War, there's no doubt whatsoever that the Pentagon was well aware in advance of the Allied mission to the Golf that there was a distinct possibility that the Iraqis would use chemical and biological weapons. One reason for their foresight was that the Iraqis had used nerve gas against the Kurds and had used biological agents against Majnun. They say that, sure, Majnun island. I'm sure that's not how you say that. It's spelled weird. In the war with Iran, the Pentagon.
Speaker 3: That's what I said earlier, basically that they had used it against the Kurds and they had used it against the Iranians earlier. Again, we had given it to them.
Speaker 2: But let's continue the Pentagon was also aware that vital ingredients for these weapons had been supplied by US corporations in a secret export drive supported by both the United States and British governments. Chiefly involved here were lewisite and ammonia like vesicant used in chemical weapons, and ingredients for SAREN and for another nerve weapon called Soman, as well as for yet another nerve weapon called VX. So far as biological weapons were concerned, they were approved. There were approved US sales two IRAQ of anthrax botulism histoplasm capsulatum, which is a tuberculosis type disease. Oh my god, dude.
Speaker 3: Why because they were using it against people that we didn't like, and we couldn't give them nukes. We can't give somebody in that area of the world nuclear capabilities, but I mean we could give them something that's equally fucked up.
Speaker 2: Dude, But a fucking bullet through my head before you give me fucking tuberculosis Like that is.
Speaker 3: Showing there's more to the list, keep it going.
Speaker 2: As well as Brucella millinulitenois or militensis, which is a bacteria that causes chronic fatigue. Claus Dortium perfingens, which is a bacterium causing gas ganggreen, plus numerous shipments of E. Coli.
Speaker 3: So we were already giving Iraq really really nasty shit that we make in labs, right, and we didn't know exactly what they were gonna be doing with it, but we knew that they had it on standby. So when we went to war with Iraq, we knew the type of nasty shit they had their arsenal. So we had to go in and destroy that arsenal before he had a chance to use it.
Speaker 2: Look, you don't give a baby gasoline and matches and not expect your house to go up in fucking flames.
Speaker 3: That's kind of the thought. But if you give that baby gasoline and matches and send it into your enemy's house, then, like, you know, whatever happens happens. Now, if that child survives that and then comes back home with the gas and the matches, now we have a problem. Now we have a problem, and we have a boogeyman in some place that needs a little freedom in democracy nah one.
Speaker 2: Hundreds of such approved shipments in the mid to late nineteen eighties were recorded by the Department of Commerce. One of the most bizarre features of some of the Golf War illnesses is that they appear to be transmittable through sexual contact. More than twenty thousand spouses and partners of Gulf War vets have reported experiences of such symptoms as chronic fatigue, menstrual irregularities, rashes, join in, muscle pain, and memory loss. Transmission by biological agents could help explain such reports.
Speaker 3: So not only is goal for syndrome affecting the veterans, it could be transmitted sexually.
Speaker 2: Dude, which is what they talked about with the COVID vaccines about what was it the shedding?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's it. That's talking about rewriting your genetic code.
Speaker 2: As early as August nineteen ninety, the Defense Department was preparing to inoculate US troops and support personnel with vaccines designed to counteract nerve gases botulism and anthrax, but there was no known antidote against saren tobin and VX nerve agents. Anecdotal evidence had suggested to Defense Department scientists that pyrodystigmine bromide, or just PB, might be effective against soman. PB had been approved by the Food and Drug Administration only for treatment of people suffering from maasthenia gravis, a fatal deterioration of the muscles. The drug had never been widely tested on healthy humans.
Speaker 3: Okay, so they were going up that peb drug that they were giving everybody, that that famous little packet that they were just popping out like candy and taking it like whatever. They didn't even know then it would work for what they said it would work.
Speaker 2: For well, And they said that they were given.
Speaker 3: A study that said that it might help.
Speaker 2: Oh and they said that they were giving it to their people thirty times a month or basically once a day.
Speaker 3: Oh no, the reports I saw said three times a day in some cases.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 3: And again they didn't know any better, but they were told. The military members on the ground were told basically, look, we already know sed Alam's using some really bad nerve gas. Shit. If you don't want your kids to grow up retarded with a third arm, take your fucking peeb pills and shut up.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they don't know any different.
Speaker 2: And if you didn't take it, remember you had to be on like toilet duty and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, they'll make your life hell. If you're going against the grain. Dude, Do you know any things I had to do to get out of taking a flu shot every year?
Speaker 17: Really?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, I was bad.
Speaker 2: What did they call it? Litrine duties?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, yeah, I mean cleaning the shitters. But I didn't have to do that. They make you burn shit, which is another part of this as a matter of fact. But no, now, it wasn't even that. It was just the political bullshit of it. And it's like, yeah, I could stand here and take my stand, it's not gonna matter. I'm still a member of the government. They could still order me to do whatever the hell they want, or give me jail time if I stand hard enough. And it's like, at that point, I signed on the dotted line to play this game, you know. But neither here nor there. Let's keep going.
Speaker 2: The Defense Department was worn by its own scientists that PB should never be used when people might be exposed to SAREN, since it would merely magnify the latter's potency. The use of PB under any circumstances would also produce severe side effects. There were thirty five experiments with the drug with US Service people before the Gulf Wour. Observed side effects included nauseating, slowed heart rate, diarrhea in, increased salivation, increased bronchial secretions, and pupil constrictions. In one of the first tests of the drug on a US Air Force pilot, the man suffered cardiac arrest. Almost immediately after that incident, Army researchers said in August of nineteen ninety that PB should not be used by individuals with asthma, peptics, peptic ulcers, liver, kidney, heart disease, or hypersensitivity to PB and related drugs. Another memo prepared by Defense Department medical researchers in the same month said that because of side effects associated with PB, all subjects will be admitted to Leicester Army Hospital as in patients, so that they will be medically monitored during periods of testing. A drug will be available at the test site to counteract the possible side effects. It said, Wow, I don't know about you, but if I take some kind of medicine and I go into severe cardiac arrest, just me, I'm just gonna scrap the experiment.
Speaker 3: I'm calling it run, you know, just call it out. We're done. We're done with that experiment, fun trial. We're just gonna call it good. Thankfully he didn't die, but he's like, don't take it with individuals that have asthma, peptic ulcers, liver kidney or heart disease, or hypersensitivity to those types of drugs. No one's gonna know if they have hypersensitivity to those types of drugs. No one in the military has asthma or peptic ulcers. So like, you had a pretty good, uh, breeding ground of potential patients on this one, but they said, don't take it. It's dangerous. Meanwhile, the US government take this if you want to live, all right.
Speaker 2: Dope sick bro. On top of that, the Defense Department had warned or had been warned by James Moss, a researcher working for the Department of Agriculture, that when PB is used in combination with organo phosphates, the the toxicity of both chemicals significantly increases. Moss's research research focused on I don't know that word die thigh toulomulchide. I'm sure I fucked that one up, but anyway, let's call it the big D A chemical familiar to many American campers, particularly on the outer Banks and in the Upper Midwest, as Deep oh deet okay, the active ingredient in anti mosquitos sprays. It's in the cockroach and ant spray raid two. Moss found that when deet is used in combination with PEB, the former becomes seven times as toxic as as as it is when it is used by itself, Pb becomes pb becomes four times as tox toxic. Moss also found when it's used in combination with Deep. Deep and its chemical relatives were widely used in the Gulf War by Allied forces against sand flies, mosquitos, and scorpions. The chemical were rubbed onto the skin, sprayed in the air, and saturated on tents. Moreover, all, the uniforms issued to Gulf War personnel were impregnated with per permethrin, a pesticide made by Dow. Permethrin has been found to double the toxicity of both Deep and pebe. The same trend was found with other pesticides used in the war, including lindane, widely used as a treatment for lice.
Speaker 3: So we already know that the chemical agents they were wearing just to stay safe were also slowly seeping in toxins into their bodies too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, usually, I mean especially in like using like really fucking off the wall chemicals with compounds that should never be put together, and you're making some like this shit is so unnatural it's not even funny. But then like it's like, you know, the medicine is more harmful than if you were unprotected.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: The patent on date is co owned by the USDA with the S. C. Johnson Company, which manufactures it under license. Indeed, most of the pesticides now in use in US agriculture were developed in the USCBW programs. At a nineteen ninety four hearing before the Senate Veterans Affairs Committee, Moss testified on the toxic combo of PETE and of DET and PB. Soon thereafter, he sent a fax to S. C. Johnson Company expressing his concern. Two days later, USDA officials called in Moss and told him to quit his research and keep quiet about his findings. How about that, Uh, if I was to talk about my ideas about deep toxicity, he said, I understood that I could have been I could have I could have trouble finding a job and could be blackballed. Son of a bitch. This is how they get away with this stuff, dude.
Speaker 3: Every time.
Speaker 2: Brother, It's like the people, the fucking tobacco companies back in the day, they were saying it was it was perfectly okay for pregnant women to be smoking cigarettes, while well, it's what doctors did you pay to say that?
Speaker 3: Or how about the big sugar corporatocracy saying fat makes you fat? And that was the narrative people ran with for forever. Come to find out, No, it's sugar. It's an overabundance of sugar that makes us fat. But fat makes you fat was just the thing that ran for forever.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, fat is like, actually pretty fucking good for you.
Speaker 3: It's amazing for you. It makes your brain function ten times better, like your body needs it. But dude, I tell you what, honest, it tastes the best, dude.
Speaker 2: You need fat like. And so we've been watching have you ever seen that show called Alone? It's on Netflix. Mm yeah, I fucking love that show. But anyway, it's basically, like, you know, it's kind of like a survivor kind of situation where you go out into the cold tundras of northern Canada and you're trying to basically see how long you can outlast everybody else. That is, you know, in this uh, in this competition or whatever. Dude, if you shoot an animal that hardly has any fat, but yet you have a lot of meat. You can't live off of that. You need an animal with fat in order to survive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why whenever you killed deer, they're a very lean meat. So if you I mean, that's fine if you're cutting it into like steaks and stuff like that, but like it's very lean, so it's very tough. You have to slow roasted down all this. But to get the best cuts of meat from that, like you got to cut it with pork and other fatty meats.
Speaker 2: Dude, right right, well, it says. In an attempt to create a paper trail and to protect himself as a whistleblower, Moss detailed these attempts to censor his research and internal memos to his superiors. That same summer, Moss's research contract with the USDA expired. In his eight year term with the department came to a summary end. The director of Moss's laboratory at the USDA said Moss had not been renewed because he had engaged in unauthorized research. I'm on that, Yeah, he can't even fucking look into this shit without getting canned.
Speaker 4: Mm.
Speaker 2: That is crazy, it says, in an effort to protect Moss, Senator Jay Rockefeller how about that?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, of those Rockefellers.
Speaker 2: Correct wrote that the then USDA Secretary Mike Epsy in May, June, and July of nineteen ninety four, trying to save Moss's job and to ensure funding for his research. Epsy didn't answer until Moss's warnings had been aired on CBS News on October fourteenth of that year, and then Epsy merely said that the USDA would not continue this line of inquiry, but would transfer all of Moss's data to the Department of Defense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're not going to continue your research, but we'll go ahead and take that research off your hands and just hold it into our own records. Thank you for your time.
Speaker 2: Aside from Moss's work, the Army had known as early as nineteen eighty six that there was a Pebe pesticide connection and that the two had mutually had a mutually and destructively enhancing effect when used in combination. Though most of the relevant documents were destroyed by the Army, a memo screaming a memo screening a potential subject for research notes that he was an acceptable candidate because in quotes, there is no sensitivity to pesticides or recent significant exposure. So because he accepted that to be true, that's why they put him in that spot.
Speaker 3: Yep. He was appointed to that position because he played ball and showed that he would be a good.
Speaker 2: Boy government puppets baby Yep. Contemplating all these warnings plus one other suggesting that to be effective against soman PEB would have to be used in enormously dangerous amounts, the Army made haste to extract from the FDA the relevant waivers to use the vaccine. The FDA initially resisted, cetting concerns about liability. By January of nineteen ninety one, with war imminent, the pressure grew. The Defense Department threatened to invokee emergency emergency powers that would exempt them from any review by the FDA. The FDA would then be without access to Army research findings.
Speaker 3: So basically they say, give us the access to do what we need to do, or if you'll just go around you and get the access anyway, And they were like, well, shit, one of these options at least we get the research that they find from their study.
Speaker 2: In the case of both PB and the bochulism vaccine, the FDA finally gave the Defense Department an interim partial waiver from normal restriction on the use of investigational drugs. This category, known as ID, normally requires written and informed consent from the patient, close scrutiny of the patient's condition, and the compilation of detailed medical case histories. Even under the FDA's waiver, the Defense Department was still supposed to keep individual records on all recipients and records of all reports of adverse reactions. None of these conditions were met.
Speaker 3: Of course, they were right right, of course.
Speaker 2: At the start of January of ninety one, the Army began administering the three vaccines PB, anthrax, and botulism on a mandatory basis to as many as four hundred thousand troops, contractors, and journalists. The recipients were given the vaccines without any information on potential side effects. In fact, most of the medical personnel administering the vaccines were unaware of the hazards. The vaccines were given to women, some of them pregnant, even though the relevant drugs had never been tested on healthy women, nor was there any research on how the vaccines might react with other medications such as birth control pills. In all, twenty eight thousand women were given the vaccine drugs. Unlike the extensive screening screening given to the research subjects, none of the Gulf War personnel was screened for any diseases or conditions. This becomes important because if side conditions are not surveyed, then ensuing ailments cannot be analyzed with adequate case histories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so basically they had no idea what these people had going on before the fact. They just ran with it and again super experimental drug that the FDA was basically strong arm leveraged into giving the permission to the DoD to do what they did.
Speaker 2: Bochulism vaccine was given too late to have had any use in the war. The Defense Department didn't begin administering it until January twenty third of ninety one, after the beginning of the Air War. None of the recipients of the bochelism vaccine received the full course three shots necessary for full immunization. After the end of the Golf War, the Defense Department aggressively pressured the FDA to issue a permanent waiver of informed consent, saying not to finalize it provides an arguable defect under the Administrative Procedures Act and leaves the Department of Defense and the FDA open to greater liability. In another bid to eliminate liability, the Army told golf war vets that they have no legal standing because the so called FAREF doctrine prohibits military personnel from suing the federal government for injuries suffered as part of military service. Yeah, basically you can't sue us. We own you, Mitch.
Speaker 3: Essentially, That's what it boils down to. And that's fine. You go to the and you get a disability compensation and that's how that goes. But you can't sue the government for getting shot at in a combat zone. Is basically what that's supposed.
Speaker 2: To be, right, But I mean, I feel like this should be a little bit different. It's negligence, you know, through the use of the chemical malpractice.
Speaker 3: I believe it's in a different category. But hey, maybe not. They don't see it that way.
Speaker 2: You're still our bitch, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: The Defense Department cited a decision written by antonin Scalia in which the US Supreme Court upheld the pharaoff doctrine, saying, in Scalia's words, that to do otherwise would call into question military discipline and decision making. Well, we wouldn't want to do that, now, would we.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, this fucking guy, Well, Scalia.
Speaker 2: Fuck me. While the army stonewall here in the US, and while Hillary Clinton consulted her stress meter, I love to consult in her stress meter, well, thank god she had one of those. What of other nations in the Allied Force in ninety one? Well? On November twelfth of ninety six, more than one thousand British Vets sued their government, claiming that they had been poisoned by a toxic combination of pesticides liberally sprayed on their uniforms, intents, and by anti nerve gas tablets they were compelled to take. To back up their claims, the British Vets used a report by doctor Norman Jones, who was a contractor for the British Defense Ministry. Jones's research shows that some vets were particularly vulnerable to this nerve gas tablet. So the Czech government has officially recognized golf force syndrome and began compensating ailing ailing vets and most importantly allowed them to be evaluated by non military doctors. The French soldiers were not given anti duotes in vaccines and have reported few, if any cases of golf cource syndrome. So they figured it out. Then they took care of their people. Finally, right, at least as far as franco.
Speaker 3: Is it, the French soldiers weren't around any of the affected areas.
Speaker 2: That could be the case.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: As the cover up slowly unraveled, it became clear that the US Army, along with the British Defense Ministry, was involved in a gigantic experiment with very little idea, despite many dire warnings of the consequences of its vaccines and antidotes. This may not be contrary to the US and British laws, but it certainly violated the Nuremberg Codes, promulgated after World War II in response to the experiments performed by Nazi scientists using chemicals and biological materials on their victims. Many of those sciences later found employment in US research labs, military and sibyl. Of course, Project Paperclip, one final way to study the Gulf War syndrome of course, is to look at the dismissal, at the dismal health histories of farm workers here in the United States. They're in the front lines all the time, bombed daily by the pesticides which are the descendants of Soman, Saren and Tobin.
Speaker 3: This is crazy, bro, This is crazy. Now, what is your thoughts on all of this at this time?
Speaker 6: Bro?
Speaker 3: Even the Clintons are wrapped up in the cover up.
Speaker 2: I think that it is absolutely undeniable, you know, the speculation that you know that that people whenever it's it's almost like whenever we're at war, we have total disregard for any of the people that are fighting on behalf of us, and we don't really care. It's almost like wambam, thank you, ma'am. It's almost like a hitden and quitted situation to where you're like, I got what I needed out of you, now, fuck you forever.
Speaker 3: Oh, let's go ahead and hear what the government was saying about. As a matter of fact, in ninety six.
Speaker 22: We've been criticized for years for not releasing information on called four illness. Now we're being criticized for the way in which we're releasing information on Gulf four illness. I think that's a step in the right direction. I hope that we'll be able to release more more information at earlier times of the day later on, and that's my goal, and it's the goal of this department to try to get as much information out as possible.
Speaker 6: There was no bail bones information earlier in the afternoon Safe first edition to the newspaper's offer prime time television shows, there was no word.
Speaker 23: It is a process. As I say, it's turned out to take longer than we would like. We are frustrated. I know the veterans are frustrated. This administration and this Pentagon have made a commitment to do a better job, and that's what we're trying to do. That's why we're releasing information.
Speaker 3: Yes, for the record, they're just playing the game, honestly, just playing the politician game of well, we're trying our best.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 5: Can you hear that?
Speaker 24: I am advertised, I am doctor Pittriskaloman.
Speaker 2: It's a pleasure to be with you here today.
Speaker 24: We can't out print astigmine bromide as a contributor to health symptoms in l GO for veterans.
Speaker 8: Further research is needed and this.
Speaker 24: Is something that hasn't really been discussed in this briefing to determine the effectiveness of the current dose of PB viz a vi the nerve ancient Soman and clearly additional research regarding both the safety and effectiveness of PB for humans is urgently needed. The issue now is the complex one of trading off uncertain health risks, but risks now known to be biologically plausible, against possible but uncertain gains from use of PB. In the warfare setting.
Speaker 2: Is turned the canteene down and allowed the dropped air to flow out.
Speaker 3: You see this old video of them in the old mobl Yo, fuck that fuck fighting a war.
Speaker 15: In that.
Speaker 25: On, the assistant secretary of the fans and the troops were given a booster pack and these are the pure Distignian pills. These pills are given at thirty milligram doses eight hours, so each pill is thirty milligrams and it's taken three times a day. That would only be given during the high threat time so that you may take it for a short time and if we assess that the threat is reduced, then it would be discontinued. It's also important to note that PB only works with the follow up of what's called a Mark two kit, which is the auto injectable self injected drugs that also then protect our troops and allow them to survive what would have otherwise been a lethal attack of a nerve agent like Soman.
Speaker 4: She's a RAND consultant.
Speaker 26: We are at this point now the most conservative of nations in terms of considering the possible future use of PEB. Other nations who are involved in research on chemical weapons, who have PB in their stockpile have indicated to us that upon any indication of chemical on the battlefield, their policies are to continue to use phoebe.
Speaker 3: Okay, So a little bit more about what was going on at that time, and now we have this little bit of a little quick video thirteen years ago. This is what doctors were doing to try to help the veteran community twenty years after the fact, bro.
Speaker 17: Right hand.
Speaker 8: At a Georgetown University clinic. It's another step in trying to figure out how to help many veterans of the First Gulf War twenty years after they moved into Kuwait and a rock and suffered what's become known as Gulf War illness.
Speaker 27: I've been sick for a long time and been to a lot of different doctors, been to the VA, and haven't found any answers for my conditions.
Speaker 8: A VET who has not to be identified suffers the same as many fellow Gulf War veterans from fatigue, joint and muscle pain, and memory problems with no obvious cause and not much help.
Speaker 4: Been very USh.
Speaker 27: It's been a challenge to just exist and try to get up and get through work and get home. And I don't have anything left.
Speaker 8: He came here from across the country to see doctor James Baroneck, a Georgetown professor conducting a series of Pentagon sponsored studies on an illness that's largely been a mystery for twenty years.
Speaker 3: Let's understand what the mechanisms are, and let's find drugs, new drugs, new combinations of medicines to treat them.
Speaker 8: Bro After years of complaints, Baronic says, the Veterans Administration is finally doing a better job of helping those suffering Gofer illness, which affects about a third of the nearly seven hundred thousand who served in the war.
Speaker 22: I don't think that the US population understands the epidemic proportion that that represents.
Speaker 8: The VA promised last year to take what it called a friend bold look at aiding the veterans. VA Chief of Staff John Gingerich, a Gulf War vet himself, writes in a blog that it continues looking for what causes golf war illness and remains committed to caring for those suffering from it. For one VET twenty years has been long enough.
Speaker 27: It's just frustrated and just tired and worn out and beat down and just looking for some help.
Speaker 8: Or Saga MAGGANI the Associated Press.
Speaker 3: Okay, so now we're seeing that at least they're starting to take steps in the right direction, you know what I mean. And they're still trying to figure out the reasons for it. They're trying to figure out what they can do to treat it, because the symptoms are, you know what I mean, it's a sign of it, but it's not the whole thing. So I did want to talk about here the VA. This is actually the VA's website when it talks about the goal war syndrome. Here presumptive conditions for goal war veterans. Goal war veterans who meet the criteria below do not need to prove a connection between their military service and illnesses in order to receive VA disability compensation. We are talking about mayagic, what the hell? Myalgic in camphilic, chronic fatigue syndrome, okay, that uh fibermyalga, functional gastro intestional disorders, undiagnosed illnesses. Okay. They just kind of left that one, hoping ended on that one. But as far as that goes, I did want all of our veterans out there that served during that war that haven't gone to the VA. Hey, dude, now's your time go for it and start fighting that fight, because this is another example of complete government cover up. Dude.
Speaker 2: You know, I was just thinking that whole time. I know that they're especially you yourself. You've talked about the the VA, and I got a bunch of friend friends and family members who served in the military and stuff like that that always complained about the VA as well. And I gotta say, dude, how is it not an absolute priority to put all veterans at the top of the priority list whenever it comes to anything health related, like forget the VA. Look, all you gotta do is just show your fucking military ID and that should be your literal insurance card. Whenever you walk into a hospital like it should be absolutely free, Like you laid your life on the line. The least you can do is receive some fucking medicine for free and get looked at for free and get diagnosed for free and all these things like these military members should be the absolute upper echelon of all prioritization of everything health related moving forward in the country. I don't believe that the VA and not shitting on the VA. I'm sure the people that are working in the VA doing a very you know, a hard job and they have to deal with a lot of shit on a daily basis, But why is it a private sector from the hospital like all the hospitals, like it should be military members first priority. You walk into an emergency room, are you a military member?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: You're first? Like it should be like that.
Speaker 3: Extend that to cops, firefighters, first responders, like yo, I heard that, to the realm of all of that, yes, I one hundred percent agree, But that's just not the world we live in. But uh, you know this one, we could go more in depth on it. There's a few more videos I had in a few more articles I had to pull up. But you know what, that would just kind of be driving in more nails into the coffin, so to speak. We can clearly see that, yes, they had prior information of the types of chemical, biological, bad nasty shit that they were blowing up. They sent service members into that area to be exposed to these chemicals. Not just a few, a third are now suffering from that type of exposure and the government is still dragging their feet about it. And I thought we needed to talk about it at the Cult of Conspiracy.
Speaker 5: Dog.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you brought this one up. This this one really got me even like fucking riled up. This is crazy, Like, oh, it just blows my mind. The absolute disregard for everybody who fights for your life. I just don't get it. I just I don't understand that it's absurd.
Speaker 3: It is absolutely absurd. And good cult members, if you would like to talk about it, you would like to let us know if you find this whole thing absurd, and if you know somebody who's suffering from Gulf War syndrome or something along those lines, and you would like to let it be known, then please at this time, hit the five stars, hit the shares the light, subscribes the comments, leave a post leader for review, shares with their friends and family, shares everywhere. Here's the deal. The more activity the algorithm sees across all of our listening platforms, the more we get promoted to more potential listeners who could then become potential cult members like the rest of you. Find, Ladies and gentlemen, we thank if everybody's already gone and done so. While you're at it, go check out Meta Mysteries, Jonathan's other show and give it all the five stars and the positive reviews and the loves. Go check out Caja Not YouTube channel. Give me the subscribes and the follows over there. We thank you for everybody's already gone and done so.
Speaker 2: And with that being said, this was another being episode of the Cults of Conspiracy. And my name is Jonathan from Jack and there's one very important, surely bottle piece of information we need to learn just as soon as humanly possible.
Speaker 9: So to speaks so s to so to speak s