Speaker 1: It's an a voice in the dark, heard daily exactly the things that need to be said.
Speaker 2: Fifty five krc the talk station A six here at fifty five KRCD Talk station. Ay, very happy Friday to you, Brie time. As pleased as he can be, and I hope you're pleased too. I know that Corey Bowman is in studio staring at him face to face to talk about his race for the mayor city of Cincinnati as a Republican. Every time I say that out loud, there's a Republican running for a mayor in the city of Cincinnati named Corey Bowman, is like, yeah, Okay, we know you got a little bit of an uphill challenge, but maybe not as much as I think people's initial reaction might be. Corey, welcome back, man. It's great seeing you. Hey, great cn you thanks for having me my pleasure. I let's start with the debate. I have in my notes that it looks like you are scheduled to have a debate with Purval next week.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, as far as what we've been told is that all three candidates have agreed to do the debate March twenty fifth, we're just waiting on the terms right now. So if anybody from the Inquirer is listening, you know, they said that they were going to have it to us last week and so we would greatly appreciate those terms.
Speaker 2: And I know you want it to be streamed live, and this day and age, I can't think of a single justifiable reason why it wouldn't be streamed live.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the biggest thing about this campaign has to be transparency, you know, getting the word out on what all three candidates represent and then letting people have.
Speaker 2: The choice, well, will this debate be open to the public.
Speaker 4: That's what we're being told.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so one of the terms that you don't quite know, but at least it's been initially told. Anything else along the terms of conditions, lines that got you concerned or that you're insisting on, that might be interesting.
Speaker 4: I think the biggest thing is the transparency of the live streaming, just making sure that people are able to attend, people can hear all the sides of it, and then what are the terms of the questioning and how that how that format's going to.
Speaker 2: Go and it will be conducted by the Inquirer staff. That's what I'm being told.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is my first rodeo with it, but it's not my first first rodeo with dealing with people.
Speaker 2: So at the same time, your ministry is it requires you to be involved with people all of the time. And what's on the campaign trail, you've been out meeting people, and of course the owner of a business, you meet people all the time. So it shouldn't be too much of a struggle. Do you know if you're gonna get the questions ahead of time? Are they going to provide advanced questions or are you just gonna fly by your seat of your pants?
Speaker 5: Not for sure.
Speaker 4: These are things that Yeah, that's basically what we're being told, right.
Speaker 6: You know which day of the week it is next week, as far as we're told, March twenty fifth. All right, well, I got my popcorn out. I'm looking to see how you did. How you do because I think everybody can admit out of the mold of like a Gavin Newsom, you know, I have to have purvol is a pretty polished guy. He comes across as a really slick and I think perhaps too slick, just like Gavin Newsom. You know, you just like, wait a second, it's just not something right, And at least that's my impression. Apologies that you met have to have purple. You can make all the fun you want of them, how I look.
Speaker 4: But well, no, if he is, let's see, I met him for the first time several to go oh really yeah, it was a very very nice conversation. The funny thing was is that I was walking to meet mister Brad or Colonel Brad's wind strip, getting great advice from him. He's a great man. And so on the way there, Mayor Aftab was coming down the stairs and so I was just like, yeah, of course I want to meet him. And then this young guy came up to me and said, hey, can you take a picture of me with Mayor Aftab? And I was like, yeah, for sure. So I'm sitting there holding the camera taking a picture. But then as soon as as soon as that interaction is done, I shake Mayor Aftab's hand. I just said, you did an amazing job speaking tonight, and it's just very kind man.
Speaker 3: So good.
Speaker 6: See.
Speaker 2: I like your reaction, like your attitude an animosity zone. But see, but that's that's your nature. And again, going back to your being a minister, I would expect that from you, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, what I tell people is like he is a husband and a father and he's in public service. I would assume that people get in public service to help people. A base scullable but base. What I'm seeing over the last four years, I just feel like we're the better candidate good.
Speaker 2: And a lot of reasons for that. And your number one policy pillar, that's Coreybowman dot com. Bowm An, Coreybowman dot com. There's a little donate buttony upright, Cancorn. I might encourage my listeners to pay you throw five, ten bucks, whatever you can afford. Every little bit counts. It all adds up. Get some signed, get some merch and getever you can get the name and spread the word responsible money management. We could go on for ours about the irresponsible nature of governments, generally speaking, most notably the city of Cincinnati. I've been so enlightened by the work of Todd zenz Or, former Inspector General. He watches them like a hawk, and he has revealed so much craziness in terms of where we spend our money. And I can go back to the streetcar, which costs US five plus million dollars a year for debt service as well as maintenance rarely used. I don't think it serves society a benefit at all, But there's that there's the deteriorating roads that we all face all the time. In fact, west Side Jim Kiefer Corey came into are called up today and said he's going to invite or has invited the mayor and all of the council members to an event that's being held up at Price Hill, Chile. So they have to take Sunset Avenue and drive over it. It's my favorite tea, Sunset is it's my best illustration of a street that looks like it's been torn out of a war torn area like Gaza or something, and it's never been fixed and it's been years and years. Forced them to drive over it, which will be a great idea, but it just is an illustration of infrastructure falling a hard. They don't take care of what they've got. They want to build something new, like the skateboard park.
Speaker 4: Your response, Yeah, well, I think that Whenever I first started the campaign, I was asking people what were the most important issues that you have on your heart when it comes to the city of Cincinnati, And there's a lot of you know, hot topic issues. There's a lot of things that people care about, but I'll tell you that the majority of them. As I looked at them and as I kind of research, I realized that, you know, eighty ninety percent of these issues are related to money management. When we talk about the infrastructure. See, when it comes to money management and budgeting, nobody has a perfect model necessarily, But I will say that the most important thing with money management is your priorities. What is going to be your priorities, and then whenever those priorities are lining up to common sense and helping the people, and then no matter what, Yeah, there might be certain issues that you want to push like, but those things can't take a precedent or can't be first above infrastructure and roads and things that really that's what the city is responsible for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I go back to the broken windows concept. If you take care of something and it looks pleasing visually, it looks welcoming and accommodating, people are going to want to go there or perhaps consider it for business. I mean, you chose one of the more difficult neighborhoods to start your business over in the West End, right, I mean, and you've bettered that neighborhood by providing you know, jobs in at least a place where people get a good cup of coffee. But it was challenging for you when you did that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, honestly, I have a co owner that you know, whenever he came and visited, he saw the mission of our church that's also in the West End as well, and we saw the community. And basically, you know, when you have the mentality like we have, it's you go to the places that need help. You don't just go to the places that all we're going to obviously it's going to be an easy ride there. No, we have a mission on our heart to impact the city. And when you see the people that are suffering the most, that's where you have to do something about it, whether it be with church, whether it be with ministry or business, whatever it might be.
Speaker 2: Well, and that's got to be music to many neighborhood's ears who are often completely overlooked. I mean, the West Side is one of them. It's like as if the council doesn't even know there is anything exists beyond the bridge that needs to be replaced with the viaduct, right, Yeah, well that's where that's where the entire city stops.
Speaker 5: It is right there.
Speaker 2: It's like you go over the edge of the of the flat earth.
Speaker 4: Well, what I see is that when people first come into Cincinnati, obviously there's certain areas that they visit, and on the surface, you know, Cincinnati is a great city. I'm not here saying that Cincinnati as a hellhole and we're just coming in and fix everything. There's a reason why me and my family live here, because I really believe it's the greatest city on earth. But what I feel is that there's many communities that have just been forgotten about or not been prioritized just because it doesn't fit the Instagram model of our city. It doesn't fit the social media model of our city. Oh well, we've got to make everything look a certain way. We've got to make people believe that we stand for certain issues. But yet there's people on the outskirts that there's people that are in other districts that are being forgotten about.
Speaker 2: With that question, you know, how is it that Findlay Market and that surrounding area got gentrified and had all that money put into it to the exclusion of all of the other options that are out there in the world. I mean, there's some really deteriorating neighborhoods that have some amazing houses, an ability to rehab and go in and you know, if you make it a more welcoming environment for business and for that type of project to happen, maybe it will and maybe those neighborhoods could be improved as well. Coreybowman dot Com. We'll continue with him. We got in for the full hour here. I want to run some speaking of financial things, Todd Zenza did some number crunching. I just want to propose a couple of ideas from that work. It's eight fifteen right now, be right back after these.
Speaker 4: Brief words, fifty five KRC for more information.
Speaker 2: Five of the Channel nine first Warning weather forecast got a sunnyday to day with a high fifty four overnight clear and forty two fifty six under sunny skies. Tomorrow overnight down to thirty two with partly thought the skies, and then it hits on Sunday. They're calling for rain and storms and even severe weather on Sunday six. You go to be fifty five for a high end right now, thirty one degrees and time for an update on traffic.
Speaker 3: From the UCL Trampings Center.
Speaker 7: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset call the Rectal Cancer Program called five one three, five to eighty five. You see see see all recks on the highways clear southbound seventy five starting to get better between seventy four. In downtown southbound two seventy five, there's a broken down just after you come off of the Carroll Cropper Bridge, adding to the construction delays from the Warrens Purn Ramp Chuck Ingram on.
Speaker 3: Fifty five krs. The talk station.
Speaker 5: Hey Take nineteen fifty five KRC DE talk Station.
Speaker 2: Enchoir article does answer some of the questions about the Bowman debate, which will include a mayrafta provol and challengers plural Corey Bowman and Brian Frank. March twenty fifth. It's open to the public, it is free. It's going to be held the Covedale Center for the Performing Arts at forty nine to ninety Glenway Avenue, beginning at seven pm. Provide an opportunity for residents to engage directly with the candidates ahead of early voting, which takes place April eighth, and then the May sixth, the primary Enchoir Opinion editor Kevin Aldridge will be moderating the debate. So still no answer to the question about live streaming. But there's the details and you can find those on my blog page at fifty five carosee dot com and of course this conversation on the podcast page when I'm done talking with Corey Bowman, who is in studio again, going back to Corey Bowman dot com and keeping in with the financial conversation. And I love the work that Todd Zenzer does because he stays on these guys like White on Rice. Budget Finance Committee held a meeting on the seventeenth. Several items tabled in the agenda, but they included two proposed bond ordinances which will authorize the City of Cincinnati borrow notice the sound of my voice thirty five million dollars. Five and a half of it goes to the OTR Center Health Center project, the other twenty nine for something called the Finley Community Center Project. And I have no concept of what those are. And he asked some simple questions, Corey, what due diligence was carried out, What are the terms of specific of the bonds. There's nothing in there to explain what the interest rate is, what do you need? Why do you need to issue bonds? He points out properly, the city took in nineteen million dollars more in revenues than was budgeted only a few months from the end of the fiscal year. Last year, the city had sixty five million dollars surplus. And he points out something logical that no one really takes into account. The debt service on the bond will cost the city millions of dollars over time, So why are we borrowing money? And more fundamentally, Corey, and here's something that you, as a mayor, would have to ride herd over and insist on before these kind of proposals come on your in front of you. Todd points out the comprehensive financial statement report for fiscal year twenty four hasn't even been published yet. He says, before you vote on such a sizable bond issue, shouldn't you understand the current financial condition of the city, for which the financial statement audit will greatly help?
Speaker 5: Simple point, and that makes profound sense.
Speaker 4: No, you're exactly true. I think the one of the biggest things that you're saying there is that the report hasn't been released from last year, and you made the point right there. You have to know where you are before you can know where you're going. And I think that I just use the example of like I mean, if you don't know you know where you are financially and you just keep on purchasing by now on Amazon, then you're just digging yourself more in a hole. And many people just assume that we can just do this or do that, but no, and I think that's the biggest thing when these issues come out, like let's say, you know, let's put a new arena in, let's do this or that, which are things that we agree with, but you have to know where the heck are we financially and do we have the ability to just set a good foundation to where the decisions that we make going forward are actually going to improve us economically.
Speaker 2: Like planning ahead for a rainy day. If you think we need a new arena, and I know that, you know, I still call it the coliseum because I'm old school, and I remember when the Cincinnati Stingers used to play back way back when we had hockey, but seen many a concert there. But Okay, so it's old, it's out of date. It could use some upgrades, or it could be torn down in something rebuilt elsewhere or there. I don't care. But it's going to cost a lot of money. We all know that, so we don't have it. Now, put a plan in place and start saving for it. We have a reserve fund. It's something where you can at least allocate the funds and over time see them grow and build. Don't spend it on shiny new objects, but still take care of the stuff you're responsible for doing, and say, look, we've already got it on the list of things we plan on doing. We're just not going to dig ourselves into a multi million dollar financial hole for decades to come servicing bonds when we have lived without a new one for a long time and I don't know that anybody's gotten hurt because of it. No, it's all about priorities. It's all about priorities. We're talking about years that we've been sold as a city to sell a railroad and to be able to put funds toward infrastructure, and then all of a sudden you're seeing that a year later where they're holding it because you can't just put one point six billion dollars into like a money market bank account, right, You've got to have someplace. So I understand the concept of putting the funds in a place that's going to yield return, so that doesn't depreciate. But the reality of it is that from what we're seeing, and you had Adam Kohler on earlier, and you can see the stats on this, is that we're seeing maybe a one percent yield on it, but the inflation of the cost of this infrastructure keeps on going up and up and up, So essentially you're losing money every year that you don't put it into the infrastructure. A great point, and I'm glad you brought down back up because Adam Adam was just very very pointed as analysis about that it now costs double the amount to fix the road that it did like just a year or so ago because the materials cost of increase. Yeah, and that's a regularly occurring phenomenon, and that just shows it's not a priority. It just shows that it's not a priority on your list, that there's other things that you would rather spend money on or focus on rather than just going right from day one and just saying, let's fix the damn roads.
Speaker 5: Yeah, amen to that.
Speaker 2: All right, it's paused a little bit early in this break, and we'll continue with Corey Bowman for a couple more segments. Find out what else he's got. He wants the lowered regulation in taxes too, something I thoroughly embrace, and that would be a magnet for more humanity move in the city limits. More with Corey after these words, the Senate Democrats all voting against protection for women in sports when it comes to trans women?
Speaker 1: Why stop at sports?
Speaker 8: Every single person who played high school or college sports knows this is complete bs. Our guys could easily transition into the most powerful women in America.
Speaker 1: Woke mind virus Buck is so powerful for.
Speaker 8: Them play trans Travis and Buck sex change. That was super weird today at noon on fifty five KRZ, the talk station, did you note Jenni.
Speaker 2: First one to one forecasts, got a nice day to day sunny sky's high to fifty four over nine is going to be clear enough forty two for the low tomorrow high fifty six, the sun clouds over night thirty two and then bad day Sunday. If you unless you love brain and storms and severe weather because that's what they're calling for. Fifty five for the high end, thirty two right now time.
Speaker 3: For trafficks from the UCO Traffic Center of the Universe.
Speaker 7: SO Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials. I am the region's only young on set colorectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five U see see see stop Bend seventy five down to about a fifteen minute delay between seventy four and the Brand Spence after an earlier wreck. Latest aksentent is on stop Bend two seventy five. Just after you come off of the Carol Cropper, the right lings or blocks single file to get buy on the left back into the Lawrence program. Chuck King ram on fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 5: A twenty eight fifty five KRCD talk station.
Speaker 2: It's a Happy Friday. Corey Boma dot com. It'shere you find mayoral candidate Corey Bowman's website. Opportunity to help out the campaign and his UH seven policy pillars, which were kind of walking through right now. This year briefly got a practical housing approach. We have talked about this before, Corey, and you know I mean on the face of the simple economic rout that there's a low supplying demand. Some neighborhoods already more demand than others. Those obviously have higher home prices, and if you can't afford those, that presents an opportunity for maybe some of these other neighborhoods with more affordable housing to turn around. I remember, and it's turned around a lot over the last several decades. Norwood was sort of one of those lesser desired communities, but you know, it's blown up. I mean, you're right next to Hyde Park, which was always expensive. You got openly right there. But nor has become a desirable place to live, and I think the housing has gone up some in price, so we might guess anyway, But there are other neighborhoods out there who are that seem to be ripe and ready for that type of transformation.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think a big issue with what we're dealing with in downtown in the West End area is that you're not utilizing some of the best resources in the city, and that's your local developers. There's local developers, you know, builders and investors that might only be able to do one or two properties at a time, but what we've seen in a lot of these communities is that you'll have an initial influx of investors or people that want invest in the community. They want to put market rate housing, they want to put everything there. But then after a while they start getting hindered or they start getting choked out by the policies that be because it doesn't match up with the zoning. And what we're seeing specifically in the West End is a huge disparity between the low income government subsidized housing and high income. I believe the current statistics right now is that we're over eighty percent government subsidized housing in the West End. And so when you see that, there's no really ground for that middle class, that middle ground, and you're actually hindering everybody that's in that affordable housing because they have no option to get out of it.
Speaker 2: Right well, And I think there is a in many cases well deserved reputation that if you don't own your property and you are in a subsidized residence, regardless of circumstance, that you don't tend to take care of it, and neighborhoods can deteriorate.
Speaker 5: And I understand how that can happen.
Speaker 2: It's not my place, And I'm not going to paint the walls, I'm not going to fix the floors, I'm not going to do the plumbing. I got to wait for some perhaps absentee landlord come in and deal with that. And most like the city of City's infrastructure, the place starts deteriorating over time and devaluing the existing homes that are in the neighborhood. So it's a it's a vicious downward spiral. You know, we've had a problem with absentee landlords in the city forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And when I mean when I say like local developers, I'm not talking about like people that come in from ol state or out of the country.
Speaker 1: To do it rehab.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there's so many people that are wanting to do this. Case in point is people that own our coffee shop building like that is just an amazing building that has residents of young people that live in the city, that work in the city, And for the most part, it's they're getting a market rate. They're getting a fair value on their whether it be rent or whether the utilities, whatever that might be, and they're getting a chance to kind of live in the city and to be able to contribute to the city in that way. And then but if you, like I said, if you have eighty percent or above in affordable housing, even if you say that there's some people that don't take care of their residents, wherever, when you have that as the majority, there is no way that they're going to get out of that system. There's no way at all.
Speaker 2: And of course I am certain even though it's affordable housing under whatever definition you want to use, that the property taxes probably still went up along with everybody else taking available some of income to maybe put a cut of paint on that.
Speaker 4: And you're exactly right on the supply and demand too, like a lot of the policies or the zoning restrictions are hindering these properties from becoming livable residents. And so if we just free up the policies and just say, hey, let's let people build, let's let people flood the market with housing, the crisis might not even be there if you actually have housing available for people and let people decide for themselves rather than having this overlord of oh, no, we can only have these buildings the way that we want, because this is our vision for the city. No, it's for the residents of Cincinnati to dictate that.
Speaker 2: I agree completely on that, And I want to ask you real quick, because I'm thinking along the lines of transportation. Is there a lack of public transportation in that particular area? I mean, would it benefit from more frequent metro stops and that kind of thing to help people try and get back and forth to their jobs or whatever they need to.
Speaker 4: Be in that area. You have a very significant, you know, bus route that goes down Lynn Street, and so you have stops every stop. You have it from the Metro, from the city, you know, public transportation, and so you see it there and then people are able to kind of get buy through that.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: You know, there's obviously, I think better ways that you can structure the roads or structure the parking or anything like that as well. But for the most part, people can get to Lynn Street in our area fairly quickly to get on a bus route.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, so you just put in a plug for your community. Look, we've got good transportation, public transportation. It's readily available for us. Yeah, come on in the water's fine. What do you think I mean, keep it with West cent foury Park Company there for this segment what in your estimation does it I mean we talked about housing, of course, but any what else do you think it needs. I mean, if there was a if you you were an investor and you were considering the West End, and you had an unlimited plate of things that you might want to build or create or businesses, what do you think it's in need of that might bring about some greater success for the community.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the model of our building is actually fairly successful. Is that you have a space underneath that can be zoned for a business, and then you have let's say four or five units above that can be rented out to residents that live in the city, that want to work in the city, that want to thrive in the city. And so there's so many properties in the West End like that, like that, but they're sitting vacant. I personally know a building that I talked to the investor. He's put one point two million dollars into this property and they haven't done one thing to the building because it's all about cutting red tape and trying to figure out where they can get it zoned at, and it's negotiating with the powers that be that own it to try to figure out whether it matches with their vision of the community. And I'm telling you that happens so much throughout our cities where you have investors, you have people that want this business, that want businesses to thrive, that want the community to thrive, and they're being held back businesses like local markets are a grocery store or anything like that. And you can make the argument that all, well, it's not a good community to put those businesses in. No, Like I'm a case in point. I know that it might not be the best community to put the business in, but you put in. And there's a video that actually released just two months ago from a major you know, podcaster that visited the West End and they were interviewing people and the people specifically said this Bay Miller block right here was where all the I did.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, but yeah, you can't spell out first words either. So yeah, and don't do that. At the debate with Road, just try to help you a lot. Say I'm not the one that wrote the rules. I don't make them up. I don't even just write them down. I just got to I apologize for that. So anyhow, that's okay, But people will do it and want to do it. It's if you build it, they will come. You're confident about that. But there are powers that be that are standing in the way with all these rules and regulations because whatever rule, whatever mindset they have what the community should look like in their mind doesn't fit with the business.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the block that we're in they called the Bay Miller Block, and there was a lot of stuff that went down there, and they said, if you came here ten years ago versus now, it's unrecognizable because this isn't where the stuff goes down anymore. This isn't where the crime goes down anymore. And it's because there was developers that got in early and that developed town homes or businesses there and then us you know, having the coffee shop there, and so it's not like the most you know, filled up block as far as businesses go.
Speaker 5: But it's like the broken windows it exactly. You don't have broken windows.
Speaker 2: You got businesses that are in operation, and the bad guys don't hang out there anymore. They moved a few blocks down the road. Continue with Corey Bowman after these brief words, I hope you stick around.
Speaker 7: Focus is gone, go raining this Lily two genders order an immigration.
Speaker 5: Crackinglyst the official.
Speaker 1: No tax on trips.
Speaker 6: The baby common sense has become a comy off of America.
Speaker 1: This is real. The people elected me to do the job, and I'm doing it. America is back, The mess is created, Golden age in a short time in office.
Speaker 8: What happens next happens years just begun. Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 5: Timer the night first one of weather volecasts. Not bad today.
Speaker 2: We've got sunny sky at high on fifty four to the mostly clear of the night with a drop of forty two fifty six with sun tomorrow, partley cloudie overnight thirty two and then rain and storms are expected. Severe weather is possible, according to Channel nine, to be a high fifty five thirty one degrees right now.
Speaker 5: Time for traffic updates.
Speaker 7: From the UCL Traffic Center of the University of Cincinnami Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young on set coorectal cancer program called.
Speaker 3: Five one three five to eight five.
Speaker 7: U seat se se SEP found two seventy five crews are working in the Nagcity. Just after you come off of the Carrol Cropper Bridge right lanees from the block, triumphing backs up past the Lawrence program. Construction on the bridge doesn't help any stop found seventy five better less than five minute delay now between seventy four in town Chuck Ingram on fifty five K see the talk station.
Speaker 2: AY forty fifty bou KRCD talks station Happy Friday. Christopher Smithman on Monday with this smith Event. Former vice mayor of the City of Cincinne, a man who wants to be mayor of the City of Sinceney sitting in my studio Corey Bowen Coreybowman dot com. You can check out his agenda items help him out, donate to his campaign and participate in the events and again. The Enquirer debate is next week twenty fifth. We've taking place at Covedale Center for Performing Arts on Glenway Avenue beginning at seven pm. It's a free event open to the public. You two see what our contrasts. I have to have provoll with Corey Bowman and also Brian Frank So show up to that. We're gonna helpe it live streams. We're trying to Corey's been trying to find out if that is okay. I mean, if that if that's something that was one of his terms that he'd liked to have as a live feed, so no one can.
Speaker 5: Sort of edit it after the fact, Corey, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just exactly. It's continuing the transparency, all right. I know you're a fan of the Eastern Saint Police Department. Yes, you're not a detractor, You're not a defund the police kind of guy, and I would expect that you would, in a role as mayor be an outspoken supporter of them and regularly bring it to the public's attention what they're doing. Because what always bothers me, Even if they're not actively opposing police like they used to be doing on counsel, they're not out there supporting the police either, and there is you know, the violence on that is deafening. I think the police, from a morale standpoint, would like to hear the elected officials support them. I think, you know, putting money where the mouth is and rather than doing this, I don't know, what is that program where they have non police officers responding to what three to one one calls or nine to one one calls, and I think those resources should be more allocated to the police department, and that sprung from the defund the police effort too, if I recall correctly, Corey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when we talk about the police department, I just, you know, kind of grew up just knowing that they're there to protect and serve obviously, and yes there's issues that you might see with certain individuals, but overall they're there for the community. And we have a coffee shop. We have police officers coming into our shop regularly. We speak with them, and before I knew a lot about these issues, I would just have these conversations and I would just realize that there is this disparity between the city support versus you know, what the police officers actually do and the training that goes behind it and their lives being on the line. This is something that we have to set as This is the culture that we have in city Hall, is that we support the police Department, that we support our officers and the fire department that lay their lives down for our citizens. And then through that, whether it be with funding and whether it be through policies that put that into their hands rather than just trying to divide this into all this is what the community looks like, you know, non emergency you know responders that they're really on your side. But if there is an emergency, then we send out these people that aren't really on your side.
Speaker 1: That can't be No.
Speaker 2: It can't and say, well, what's the big deal. What the council says good things about the police or not. It serves to facilitate a better relationship with between people who otherwise might want to cooperate with the police department, might be afraid to cooperate with the police department, and yet nonetheless want to have a police presence to keep the bad guys out of their neighborhood. It's like an irreconciliable position. Yeah, you want us, they hate us. You want us there, but you won't drop a dime on the bad guy that you know committed the crime. You won't show us where the hidden gun is. That's the multi use gun.
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 2: If this council would engage and be more proactive with that kind of positive discussion, maybe more people out of the various communities would put down this mindset the police, bad police, evil police, racist. Ignore that mantra that has been preached by so many of these non governmental outside organizations and race baiters and help serve their own community better. No.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, if you want to see safe streets, I'm telling you this right now. The people that live in these neighborhoods, they want to see safe streets. They want to see the police actively involved in picking up the crime in their communities. They're actually begging for it. But a lot of these police officers, I'll tell you this, the morale for the police officers are very low as well, because even if they do arrest, you know what's coming. Then what happens is that you have judges and people on the post end of it that are going to or not eliminate, but they're going to release these people. Shoulderstein's one of those exact CEM offenders. And I'm telling you I heard that directly from their mouths. That's not a talking point that I'm just copying pasting from a policy. That is, as I'm talking with individuals that are in the Cincinnati Police Force that have been on there for thirteen, fifteen, seventeen years, they're saying that there's a morale that's lowering in their police department because they're like, why are we going to arrest people? If they're just going to be released on the street right after, it's not worth the paperwork. I mean, I understand that all day long. I mean, what's the point. And then it's much like California when they decriminalize shoplifting up the nine hundred and fifty bucks, Look what happened. The place goes to hell in a handbasket. This is, in ef fact, almost like passing legislation decriminalizing certain activity. If it's not over a big level offense like murder or rape or incest or child molestation or something like that, then they're gonna walk.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've seen people released on unrecognisance bond that we're in possession of a fire. Don't we have a gun violence problem? They keep claiming in this city.
Speaker 4: No, And it's even with smaller charges as well, because the reality of it is that there's issues that go on throughout the city, whether it be from you call it a non emergency versus a major emergency. That is the job of the Cincinnati Police Department. They are there to monitor, to protect, and serve. And this is why we have them in our city. And you're essentially tying their hands and just telling them, oh, don't do this, don't do that. And a police force cannot be afraid to do their job, and a police force cannot feel like their job is meaningless. A police force needs to be well funded and well supported by the city, and then they need to know that, hey, your city officials that hire you, that do this, that they have your back.
Speaker 2: I think city council people in americ can also be hopefully bring pressure to bear down on the Hamilton County Prosecutor's office and the judges in the community and highlight and illustrate who's the good judges and who's the bad judges, because, for example, you're in front of Judge Silverstein, you pretty much you going to.
Speaker 5: Get a walk or a pass.
Speaker 2: From everything I've read, we'll continue one more with Corey Bowen here in studio talking about is Mayor Oal Race. It's eight forty seven right now, fifty five KR see the talk station. When it comes to the news, corporate needs you to find the differences between this picture and this picture.
Speaker 1: You won't have any trouble finding the differences.
Speaker 8: They're the same picture.
Speaker 1: Every day is different, very different. The store is a little bit different. Different things are happening every day. Every hour is different.
Speaker 3: So it's a little bit different, different from.
Speaker 1: What it was from just an hour ago. It's the source, of course, that's always the same, always been the same, the same thing. And I like the fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 5: Have you ever wondered different?
Speaker 2: One more time for the nine first four k's not bad. Sunday sky is the day with the high fifty four now to forty two overnight with clear sky's fifty six with sun tomorrow thirty two overnight with few clouds, and the rain and storms are expected on Sunday, perhaps severe fifty five for the high Sunday right now closing out a thirty two degrees time for final traffic chucking.
Speaker 3: Room from the UCL Traffic Center.
Speaker 7: The University of Cincinnati Cancer Center offers innovative clinical trials and the region's only young onset callborectal cancer program called five one three five eighty five u se CEE see step bend two seventy five. Cruise continue to work with an accident just after you come off with the Carroll Proper Bridge right lanes or block traffic backs up pants the Lawrenceburg Ramp. Step bend seventy five slows a bit out of Lockham Chuck Ingram on fifty five kr seat the talk station, let's.
Speaker 2: Say fifty one to fifty five ks the toxation, the mic comes on, and that's immediately when I had it got hit with a sneeze. Thankfully, I have a cough button in addition to the dump button. Corey Bowman in studio learned about all that this morning, Corey learning more than thank you for your grace on that. You're more than welcome man. Trust me, brother, You're not the first person who's required me to.
Speaker 5: Hit the dumb button.
Speaker 2: So we went down most of your policy platform positions again. You can find Corey online at Coreyboman dot com, and I encourage you to do that again the the debate next week. We'll go one more plug for that Covedale Convention Center on the twenty fifth at seven pm, open to the public, and all three mayoral candidates will be there. Corey Bowman. Of course I have to have Purval and Brian Frank, So feel free to attend that and learn more Corey. Anything else you want to get in the last few minutes we got remaining here that we maybe didn't touch on something revealing about you something that might be interesting people get interested in voting for you or perhaps helping you out in your campaign trail.
Speaker 4: Now, i'd just say the things that we're learning about the process. You know, every day I kind of wake up thinking why in the world did you get into this? Because our background is, you know, pastoring a church and then having a coffee shop, and every day I feel like I'm having commonversations with people that just encouraged me. Like last night we were at Buskin's Bakery and Hyde Park area. People came in and now just to say hi, here the vision of what we're doing, and just had so much encouragement there. And so if any of you want to get involved in this, obviously our website Coreyboma dot com. But the dates that we're specifically honing in on right now is April eighth is going to be the early voting starts for the primary.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then we're actually having early voting kickoff at Price Hill Chili that night, and so if anybody wants to attend that, that's going to be I believe from I believe five to seven. Okay, so that's April eighth, that Price Heal Chili, and then we just have to mobilize people to be able to get out and vote. April eighth through May sixth, this is when the primary dates are happening to where we've got to get anybody that wants to see us on the ballot and win this primary for November to get out and vote there.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I encourage people to do that, and of course you all that information be posted on Corey's website as well, keep you informed on what's coming up. Well, Corey, it's been a pleasure having in the studio. I appreciate you making the trip to talk for in person. It's always a nice conversation we've had, and I certainly wish you the best of luck on the campaign trail. It's nice to see that you're running at enthusiastic people. Yeah, I share your understand I mean I wouldn't get into a race period. You know, I've been asking for you should run for a second.
Speaker 1: Hell no.
Speaker 5: And my my biggest problem.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's but the most you know, blue emphasis I can use on the morning show. Yes, you see, but it's it's always like hell no. My first reaction and the most troubling part of running is for me, at least, I perceive that you have to go around and ask people for money you need, so you can't run a campaign without funds, and that just the idea of that. And I'm I'm on the self deprecating side, you know. I'm not a big pattern on my own back kind of person, So thinking that anybody would want to vote for me for anything, it's sort of like my brain wants to reject that.
Speaker 4: Well, during our kickoff, people wearing shirts with my name on.
Speaker 3: Very weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I dis liked the concept of celebrity or something like that, Like I reel at that. But then having that mindset and then having to hold your hand out and ask someone to please contribute because I need to bake signs, I need to make T shirts.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I wish you the best man.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you got the stomach for it, because you seem like a good man on policies and principles, And of course I think the city of Sin Sin could certainly use a change. It's been run by Democrats for way, way too long, and look where they brought us.
Speaker 4: It's all about a choice, it's all about That's what we started getting into this for was that I didn't like the fact that people weren't going to have a choice. And so as we have gone through this, like I said, every day you wake up you kind of doubt whether this was the right decision. But then by the end of the day, I'm more encouraged than ever before that this was the right decision. That we're going to run to win, and we're going to be able to, you know, see strategic things happen in this same that really have never been done.
Speaker 2: Excellent closing comments, Corey Bowman. We'll we'll talk again. I am certain about that, and good luck and or best luck with the debate next week. Thank you, Brian. My pleasure Tech Frida with Dave Hattery Award winning he got in the top one hundred podcast in Tech. He's now a recognized national leader in Tech, number thirty nine out of one hundred on the list. So congratulations. I'm proud to have helped you to reach that lofty guld Dave Hatter. Everything you want to say that you say in your echo is sent to Amazon, Ohio, Pornviille eighty four more like nineteen eighty four, and finally, Android phones are tracking you even before you sign in. Steve Schuemake with his Dark World Saga trilogy local authors. Sounds like fascinating books if you're into fantasy, but it also is connected with your relationship with God. The very religious man Steve, and of course this hour podcast on fifty five caresee dot com on the podcast page. Folks, tune in Monday for Christopher Smith and have a wonderful weekend. Just strekor God bless you for all that you do. Folks, don't go away. Lenbeck's up next.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days.
Speaker 6: Day we stand on the verge of the four greatest years in American history.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD Talk station.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored