Speaker 1: Now your host for Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech.
Speaker 2: Tim kamk Hi everybody, and welcome in to Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. I hope you're well on this Wednesday night, the twenty twenty four Nationally Divisional Series or Los Angeles Dodgers taking on the San Diego Padres, and the Dodgers they're down, their backs are up against the wall. They trail the Padres two games to one and this best of five NLDS. But tonight a must win game four on the road and it's a bullpen game for the Dodgers with Ryan Brasier annointed as the starter.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six oh eight.
Speaker 2: Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck, we're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts, will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. Of course, a little bit later on in the show, we got your Dodgers magical moment, your Otani rewind David Vasego's one on one with Clayton McCullough, Dodgers first base coach.
Speaker 3: Shortly we will.
Speaker 2: Check in with Kirsten Watson from sports Net LA and in just a few minutes out to the gallupin Motors Broadcast booth with Steven Nelson and Rick monday Well. Last night in San Diego, things got off to a great start for the Dodgers, with Michael King on the mound. Second batter of the game, Mookie Betts a home run to left three hundred and forty two feet just over the glove of Jerks and Profar, and the Dodgers did what they couldn't do in the first two games of the series, and that's grab an early lead. They were up one to nothing. Meanwhile, Walker Bueller on the mound a one two three bottom of the first. In the bottom of the second, though, things fell apart for the Dodgers. Manny Machado a single to center that led off the inning, then a wild sequence with a ball off Machado in the left field Was he out of the base line?
Speaker 3: Was he not? Shouldn't have been called? Shouldn't have been not?
Speaker 2: Well, things continued to get worse. Bogart's grounded into a fielder's choice that tied the game. David Perrault, to the former Dodger, doubled down the right field line, two runs scored and the Padres were up three to one. Then a sack fly minute and a four to one Padres lead. Still in the bottom of the second inning, Fernando to Teas Junior.
Speaker 1: The pitch tatsis.
Speaker 4: Torches won left field forget about it, off the scoreboard and then electronic scoreboard on the second deck facade. A two run tank from the top Teast Junior his fourth home run of the postseason. It's a six run eruption at Petco Park and a five run padre leaves. An absolute disaster of the second inning for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Fernando to Teas Junior with the two run home run. That's the top tier player the game. Sponsored by Arco Quality, top tier gas for less. It was a disastrous second inning, six runs on five hits. The Dodgers were down six to one.
Speaker 3: Was it over? Were they gonna throw in the white towel? Not quite yet.
Speaker 2: Michael King back in the third the Dodgers with three straight hits to load the bases.
Speaker 3: Two batters later.
Speaker 2: That brought up ta Oscar Hernandez for the breath of fresh air moment of the game.
Speaker 4: Another one too. Hernandez hits a high fly ball center field. Merrill going back, he's on the warning track at the wall.
Speaker 5: Good and grand Tioscar Hernandez fucking down the first baseline, a grand slam of.
Speaker 3: The Dodgers are right back in it.
Speaker 5: Tao absolutely launched one the dead center field and it's now six to five, four hundred and three feet his first postseason home run as a Dodger.
Speaker 2: You talking about a breath of fresh air that was in a grand slam from Teoscar Hernandez brought to you Aatara Mechanical. Looking for reliable heating and air conditioning services here in southern California, look no further than your trusted partner, A Tara Mechanical, Omar and Brittany the founders.
Speaker 3: They're great people.
Speaker 2: Their service more than just a solution to breadth the fresh air. From the moment you call to the completion of your projects. Atara Mechanical delivers friendly, honest service at a fair price. Well, the Dodgers down one, six to five, plenty of offense early, not a lot of offense after that. Neither team would score the rest of the game. Zeros on the scoreboards the rest of the way as the Padres hang on and beat the Dodgers last night six to five to take a two to one series lead, and now the Dodgers find themselves in a must win situation. Tonight, a bullpen game for the Dodgers. Dylan sees back on three days rest goes for the Padres. First pitch is six ozh eight and with more we head out to the Galpin Motors broadcast booth as we say hello and welcome in Steven Nelson and Rick Monday.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: Tim Katz's do or die for the Dodgers in Game four of the DS here at Petco Park, Rick Monday, I was going to ask you, and I'll probably have to wait now about the mindset in a must win game, avoiding elimination and your season coming to an end. But the biggest news that to just broke as we were getting ready to top on here was that Freddie Freeman has been scratched from the starting line up ahead of Game number four, So Max Montsey will start at first base, Key k who was slated in center, will now play third, and Chris Taylor will get to start in center field.
Speaker 6: YEP, just absolutely lovely. In fact, for Dave Roberts, a couple of hours ago, meeting with the members of the Medium in the interview room, was asked specifically about Freddy Freeman, and his quote was, okay, to give it a shot. Well that meant okay, to maybe give it a shot, see how he is going to feel. But now the last second we find out, no, he's not good enough to go.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 6: The difficult part, also, Stephen, is for a player and for a manager, I would imagine also is to make that determination. Am I a liability to my team if I'm actually on the field? In other words, am I limited in my range? Besides the pain? And Freddie Freeman has been you talk about a gutsy performance. He has not been pained for a in any stretch of imagination in attempting to play already in this postseason play. And the Dodgers, well, they're gonna have to buckle up, Bucky and understand exactly what's happened. I understand what has to go through the mines, because if we look back many many years ago, that nineteen eighty one team, we had to come from behind, first of all, down zero and two to the Houston Astros. Then we had to go to Montreal win each of the last two games there, and then in the World Series against the New York Yankees, we dropped the first two games of that series. So it's not a point that you're relish, it's not a point that you feel secure in. But there's one thing about it. You're out there for a reason because you wound up with the best record of Major League Baseball. They have not played like it. They didn't play like it last night, So this is an opportunity to do it. And you know it's play well or you go home and not go home to play a game. Hopefully there's a game Friday night with the Dodgers. They have it in their hands and they now have to execute.
Speaker 4: It's a steal one from Nick Costianus to the field if you Phillies, because Philly's in the same situation entering Wednesday down two games to one, face with the winner go home scenario, and Castiano's eloquently put and he's like, this is as close to death as you can get, so you should feel the most alive. And I think we are hoping to see some of that energy and that intensity and that fire from the Dodgers where they set the tone as opposed to talking about matching the Padres tone, Tim Kates, that has been too big a theme for this team throughout this series. Hey, are you matching the Padres energy? Are you matching their intensity? We have to match their intensity? Too much of that set the tone in Game four because if you don't.
Speaker 3: There won't be a Game five. There is no tomorrow.
Speaker 2: As we count you down to first pitch, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on is Shaky's Pizza parler Arder right now you're Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's at Shaky's dot Com. We're off and running here on Dodgers on Deck. Game four edition of this NLDS comment Off.
Speaker 3: We're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts.
Speaker 2: We'll check in throughout the show, dar Insiders David Vea, we'll break down this pitching match up with Dylan sets is going on short rest, the Dodgers going with all hands on deck in a bullpen game up next though, you're Otani rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten.
Speaker 3: Watson Sports and at LA.
Speaker 2: We're leading you up to Game four the nl DS a must win for the Dodgers in San Diego first pitch is six oh eight.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kass, Los Angeles Dodgers. Audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on deck y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres, Game four of the nl DS. They must win for the Dodgers, a bullpen game with Ryan Brasier getting the start, Dylan Ceese on short rest.
Speaker 3: We'll go for the Padres. First pitches six away.
Speaker 8: This is the.
Speaker 4: Free why at Cole Park, buzzing after a sixth spot in the second for San Diego. Padres up by five here in Game three, one on, nobody out, one to one. Pitch on the way, Otani shatters his bat and a little blooper down into left center field.
Speaker 1: So the first two on for the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: In the top of the third, choey Otani with the single the center of the broken bats. The second batter or the third inning, the Dodgers would load the vases than Tascar Hernandez the grand Slam to get the Dodgers back in the game, but they fall short six to five. Otani rewind Brought to you by eto In's Oocha Japan's number one greens. He and the tea that shoey Otani loves and drinks a Bila local Diso stores, Target and eto in dot Com.
Speaker 3: That's it O e N dot Com.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 3: Hey, Kirston now joins us from pet Coo Park.
Speaker 2: As we get closer to first pitch, Dodgers Padres and Kirsten backs up against the wall. We got themselves a fight now, and the Dodgers need to punch their way out of it and get back to La they do.
Speaker 9: It's it's now or nothing, you know, the it's go time right now. And I think when you look at just the mindset of this team, they know that and they feel it. I was talking to Dave Roberts today, and you know, this is not the first time this team has had their backs against the wall. Yes, we know what the last two years have looked like, especially against division rivals, whether it's a specific situation like this against the Padres or last year against the Diamondbacks. But if we look at that Giant series, and yes, obviously playoffs looked a little bit different than they came out of the wild card, but they were down two to one, they came back in one in five. If you look at twenty twenty the NLCS, they were down three to one, came back in one. So they've done they can. They have this skill set and the ability to do this. Taoskar her Nama spoke with the media and he was saying that when it comes to confidence within each other, they know that they have the talent, they know they have the ability to put themselves in a situation to win, to force the game five. Everyone's mindset. Shohatani spoke to me last night. It's my focus is winning two games. That is all that's right now. It's not about what happened in the day before, it's not what happened in a few days ago. It's about right now. They need to win tonight, they need to win tomorrow. So hopefully they can do just that. You know, they don't want their season to end how it has the last two years, and so I do think there's a different fire to these guys, in a different edge, and so hopefully, you know, the bullpen can set the tone and the offense can get going early.
Speaker 2: Kirsten is brought to my cars for kids the easiest way to get rid of your old cars. Donate today your car could be picked up tomorrow. Donating now at carsfrokids dot org. That's cars with a kay you mentioned in a bullpen game, it's gonna be all hands on deck for Dave Roberts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it's all hands on deck. It's high leverage. You know, everyone is available. Starts with Ryan Brazier, so he'll be the opener. And yes, we do have some guys who can provide some length, whether that's Landon Nack or Ben Casparius. But Dave Roberts said, you know this right now, it's it's win or go home. So who he's got the most trust in is who is gonna send out there matchups as it's gonna be very matchup driven, and if it's a plus plus situation, then we could be seeing one of those guys take down the bulk of the innings. But in order for that to happen, the offense's gotta get going to give them some meensive part.
Speaker 3: Needs to get going, and tonight is the night because there is no tomorrow. If they don't win tonight, game.
Speaker 2: Five will be on Friday. I am confident here'son this team. We'll get it done tonight. We will check in with you post game with all the reaction from the clubhouse still to come. Here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. David vat sagoes one on one with Clayton McCullough up nexo. We'll hear from the Dodger manager himself, Dave Roberts. Dodgers Padres must win Game four of the NLDS. First pitch at six oh eight. I'm Tim Kason's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball Marago Casino.
Speaker 2: Dodgers on Deck continues as we're leading up to first pitch from San Diego Dodgers Padres Game four the National League Divisional Series Marogo Casino Resort and Spy Grand Slam for good times. Ryan Brasier is gonna get the start for the Dodgers, a bullpen game. Dylan Cees on short rest will go for the Padres. First pitch is six of eight.
Speaker 10: Questions for Dave.
Speaker 11: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 1: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with.
Speaker 11: Dave Roberts, they with the pitching plan that you have Brazier starting today, like Land and that kind of your length, like, how do you kind of see are you deploying for the four nine innings?
Speaker 7: I think obviously, you know Ryan's gonna start, and we're gonna go with our most reliable relievers. So I I just don't know how Land is going to fit in in this particular game, but it could happen later. I'm certainly in a plus plus game, but you know, you know, at the outset, I think we're gonna go with our most reliable.
Speaker 8: Guys, Bob second row, Dave, do you anticipate the potteris treating this almost like a elimination game as well, going all out to avoid a game five in LA?
Speaker 12: I think so.
Speaker 7: I think that shows some urgency on their part. I don't know if Cease has ever gone on short rest, but obviously to and you know, in their opinion, to feel that that gives them the best chance to win tonight to then not go back to Los Angeles, and they certainly have their reasons. And yeah, I think that with that decision, they're kind of playing it as a must win as well.
Speaker 3: I'll go to Jack in the second round.
Speaker 13: Right, you guys probably aren't thinking back to past years, But do you just think the fact that you guys have been in the spot the last couple of years and haven't been able to battle back ways on them at all entering a game like this, and does it add anything to you think just the motivation levels approaching this game mentally.
Speaker 7: I think some of it, Some of that is true. I don't think they're looking back. I do think they're motivated. I don't I know they're not scared of this moment. I again, we have to play good baseball. I know they're aware of that too. It's going to be it's going to be a battle tonight.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 7: It's going to be a battle. We're expecting it. We're not going to run from it. And so I do think that the experience that we have will allow us to kind of, you know, rise to the occasion. But we have to play good baseball.
Speaker 13: And then facing Seas for the second time, Like, there are things you guys can either adjust or just kind of be able to game plan, Like, it's one of the strengths you guys have had as a team is meaning bo Jess the guys. The more you see him like.
Speaker 7: I think it's more of Obviously, the pitcher dictates that bat. He's going to probably do if he's had success with a particular guy, run the same playbook, and if he hasn't, then he'll probably potentially deviate. So I think as a hitter, you're just going to be ready in your zone and then if there's a mistake to be had, be ready to hit it.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Dave Roberts down the dugout, brought to you by Service Titan. Dave Roberts wins in the playoffs. Bab being ready for anything. If you want your contracting business to succeed, you need to be ready to let Service Titan help you be prepared. Service Titan dot Com. Well, we continue here on Dodgers on Deck. We'll check in with v David Vasay. He leaves up to first pitch. Game four, a must win Game four the nl DS, Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 3: All you know where.
Speaker 1: This is ma Wrongo Casino. Dodgers on Deck on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres, Game four of the NLDS, must win.
Speaker 3: Game for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up, it's six o eight.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim Kates on Dodgers on deck. I accept everybody for who they are. This is Dodger insider David Basse.
Speaker 3: All right, d V Freddy Freeman a late scratch. What are you hearing?
Speaker 12: See?
Speaker 14: That right ankle was not responding today. If you remember, in the game last night, as the Dodgers were trying to turn to Tommy, Edmand threw a ball that.
Speaker 12: Was a little bit up.
Speaker 14: Freddie had to leap and when he came back down he almost crumbled to his feet after touching the bag. So obviously that right ankle is literally day to day. So key K a Hernandez was in the starting lineup for the Dodgers in center field, but because Freddy Freeman is a late scratch, Max Munsey goes.
Speaker 12: To first base.
Speaker 14: Key K a Hernandez will now start at third base and the Dodgers are going to have Chris Taylor start in center field. So because of the injury to Freddie Freeman in the late scratch, the Dodgers now have two of their better October performers in the starting lineup. Remember a year ago, as the Dodgers were facing elimination, Dave Roberts went to those two veterans to try to extend the series. He's trying to do it again tonight. I could tell you a lot of players and coaches are fired up that Keike Hernandez is in the starting lineup somewhere anywhere tonight.
Speaker 12: It's third base.
Speaker 3: What's the pitching plan tonight, David.
Speaker 2: We initially thought maybe Landon Knack would get the start or be a bulk inning guy, but that's not the case anymore.
Speaker 12: No, and they're starting with Ryan Brazier.
Speaker 14: I thought possibly it could be Anthony Bunda or Alex Vesia. Remember last year, Brazier was really good against lefties because of that cut fastball. This year he hasn't been as effective, but have a late it seems like he has been and the Dodgers have confidence that he'll be a good matchup to start the first inning. With two left handed hitters in the first three for the Padres lineup in Luisa Rise and Jerks and Profar, so that's the reason why Brazier's in there. But Dave Roberts said, it's not going to be a situation where they go with a bulk innings pitcher like Landon Knack. They are going to go with their best high left relievers from the very beginning of this game to the very end of this game, meaning that you're going to see Evan Phillips, You're going to see Blake Trent and Michael Kopek. Those are the guys you're going to see along with Alex Vessia to try to win this bullpen game.
Speaker 3: David is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like his choices.
Speaker 2: Find yours with the Ford F one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough this mark can only be called F one fifty Dave will Smith, he's over the series.
Speaker 14: Oh for eight in the first three games of this NLDS And as I told you before this series started, Tim, guys like Max Muntsey and Will Smith are going to come up with men on base and they have to deliver. So far, both of them have not Will Smith oh for eight in the first three games of this series. They need Will Smith to start hitting and we'll see whether or not that happens tonight.
Speaker 12: If you know, if things continue to go this way for Will Smith.
Speaker 14: I wouldn't be surprised if the Dodgers started to consider Austin Barnes to catch Yamamoto in a Game five at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: Interesting. We'll see if that happens. DV appreciate it. We'll check back you with you in just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll hear from Clayton McCullough, Dodger first base coach. We'll dive deeper to this pitching matchup up next to your Dodgers Magical Moment. Don't go anywhere leading up to Game four, this must win NLDS Dodgers Padres.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 12: As we were.
Speaker 1: Saying yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Padres. Dodgers down two games to one of this best of five series. Game four is tonight, a must win game for the Dodgers. First pitch coming up in six oh eight.
Speaker 1: Who It's time for the Hawfing Magical Moment. Bits Magical presented by Hawfy Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: We go back to the twenty thirteen NLDS Dodgers taking on the Atlanta Braves. Game four a Dodger Stadium. Dodgers down in the eighth inning. One, your rebate tried to bunt, couldn't get the butt down, instead hit home run and.
Speaker 12: The two to two pitch.
Speaker 15: Your rebay hits a high fly ball in the deep left field, way down the line and gone, and the Dodgers lead four to three on a two run home run by one your rebate.
Speaker 12: Isn't it amazing what somebody will do when you can't bunt?
Speaker 15: One? Your rebate got a fastball and hit it back right in the area of the bullpen, and it is four to three Dodgers.
Speaker 12: In the bottom of the eighth.
Speaker 2: Inner, the Great Vin's scully on the call is one. Your rebay hits the go ahead home run in the eighth inning, sending the Dodgers to the NLCS. This Hofey Magical moment brought to you by Hoffey hot Dogs as so cal treasure for over one hundred years. Visit hoffeybrand dot com to find out where you can purchase crave delicious Haffey hot Dogs. We continue here on Dodgers on Deck we will check you in. Rick Mondays were lead, you have to first pitch Dodgers and Padres. I'm Tim Kays's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: It is Morongo Casino, Dodgers on, Dodgers on deck, y'all on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres, Game four of the NLDS bullpen game for the Dodgers. Dylan Cees on the mount for the Padres first pitch coming up at six oh eight. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Zenci Handcrafted Sushi made fresh daily on site. Pick up Delicious sushi before the game at Ralphs and other local supermarkets near the Deelei Counter.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Basse. Here's La Dodgers broadcast there and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 14: Rick Monday knows a thing or two about playing in playoff like atmosphere play off baseball. He's delivered one of the biggest home runs and Dodger postseason history.
Speaker 12: What do you think the Dodgers are feeling right now? Rick, David, let me go back.
Speaker 6: What we're about to say was then, this is now but I think back to nineteen eighty one. We lost the first two games in Houston to the Astros, two out of three. We came back and won three in a row. The advance to the National League Championship Series, we had to go into Montreal win two in a row. We went home, we won those and then what did we do? But we went to the World Series against the Yankees, and we dropped the first two games of that series as well. But there's a lot, obviously that's on the line. The Dodgers have to play their best baseball. They had not done that. Oh, they won game one of the series, but they have not played very well of the last two games. And tonight they come in without the services of Miguel Rojas and Freddie Freeman. Originally was penciled into the lineup, but about two hours ago he was taken out of the lineup. He can't go. We don't know if he's available defense or anything else. And both of them, by the way, have given everything that they can possibly deliver in order to be on the field, even though.
Speaker 1: They were in pain while they were in there and play.
Speaker 12: But the Docgers have it in their hands.
Speaker 6: They have to stop worrying about what happens in that other dugout that has nothing to do with them. Play your own game and play with the intensity. We have not seen the intensity the last two games.
Speaker 14: Well, they got two players in the starting lineup today that know a thing or two about delivering in October. Chris Taylor's in center field, Key Ky Hernandez is at third base.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and kind of changing things around Max months he would be over at first base with the with the missing of Freddie Freeman to start this ball came off. And if we look at this series, you know, Dylan Seas did not pitch particularly well in Game one of the series. And I think one of the things that I'm going to be looking at is the slider because he did not have a good slider. And the reason I say the slider because he throws it a high percentage of time and throws it with very good success. If after Dylan cees you begin to look at what he came into this series with against the slider itself, I mean it's just a one fifty nine batting average against Well that was during the regular season. How many times have you heard me say postseason is a different animal and for the Dodgers, they need to tame the animal tonight.
Speaker 14: I talked to Dodger hitters after that first game where they did face Dylan Cease. They said, the first time they saw Cease this year, the slider was a new thing for them to actually hit against.
Speaker 12: Now that they've seen it a lot, they're not tempted to chase it. How big of an advantage is that for the Dodge it might be?
Speaker 6: But here's the cold hard facts. Last night, the Dodgers had twenty one swings and missus Max months He had nine swings.
Speaker 12: He failed to make.
Speaker 6: Contact in seven of those. The Dodgers need a take pitches that are off the plate for balls and swing at the strikes. That's right at the top of the order. And the Dodgers have to play more aggressively and more thoughtfully than what they have done in the first two games. And Andres are poised to have a celebration. The Dodgers want to have a celebration, but in order to do that, they would have to take place on Friday at Dodgers Stadium. That can't happen without a win tonight in San Diego.
Speaker 12: All right, Rick, thanks a lot.
Speaker 14: We look forward to Game four the NLDS with Rick and Steven Nelson coming up at six oho eight.
Speaker 12: For now, we'll send it back to Tim Kates in the studio.
Speaker 2: A thanks lot, guys, Dodgers fans at HANDSHA listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by LA Care Health Plans serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get you a preview of this pitching matchup Steven Nelson Rick Monday, we'll be back with the keys of the game. But up next we go high and tight with Clayton McCollough, Dodgers first base coach, to the lead jumps of Dodgers and Padres.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Kasi's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Well this is more wrong Cassino Dodgers hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 3: It's Dodgers and Padres and one is a must win.
Speaker 2: Game for the Dodgers to force a game five of this best of five NLDS Dodgers down two games to one going into action tonight at Bullpen game for the Dodgers Dylan cease on short rest. We'll go for the Padres. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Children's Hospital LA. When you need the very best care for your child, one place to go Children's Hospital, Los Angeles. Why is a rank number one in all of California for pediatric care? Find the right doctor at HLA dot org.
Speaker 1: David, and now what will likely be vast a fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 3: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high end tight.
Speaker 14: There is no tomorrow and the Dodgers well understand that as they get ready for Game four the NLDS. And we're joined right now by Dodgers first base coach Clayton McCulloch.
Speaker 12: Clayton, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it.
Speaker 14: Of course, David, I had to hold off all the Japanese media. You are a superstar in Japan these days.
Speaker 3: That's what I've heard. It become very very popular over there.
Speaker 14: I guess, huh, have you been surprised by how much attention uh Otani's success has bled to the Japanese media wanting to know every little thing about what's going on at first base.
Speaker 10: I think it was like expected it would be certainly by more media attention this year with showhy here and uh, you know, I one, I feel like I'm getting way too much credit, if any, for the type of success he's had this year. He's been phenomenal. But yeah, it's been you know, a lot of attention, and I think a little bit more as the season went along and he kept piling up you know numbers, at the rate he was he was putting them together, it.
Speaker 14: Feels like he wants to put the Dodgers on his back. And this seems to be the type of game that has Otani written all over it.
Speaker 10: I agree, I think he has. He's you know, every moment this season it feels like where something been on the line for you know him or us. He's done something remarkable and he's looked hit To me, he's looked calm in the box, he's looked great. So you know what, fully expects show Hey tonight to do something you know that only probably you know Show Hey can do.
Speaker 14: He can't do it alone. You understand that better than anybody. What do the Dodgers need to do to force a game five tonight?
Speaker 10: They would just have to keep fighting along, like we did it was. I mean, losing last night was tough. I mean Game three, you know, kind of a swing game, but for us to get down early on the road and that type of deficit, but to like claw back, you know, someone immediately and punch, get some guys on base, and then Tao, as he's done many times this year, come up with a huge hit and really make it a ballgame.
Speaker 12: Was still a lot of time left.
Speaker 10: I think showed a lot of you know, kind of what this team is made of, and a lot of fight, and you know, unfortunately we just weren't able to really get anything else going.
Speaker 3: Much after that.
Speaker 10: But fully expect this group tonight to you know, as they have a know what's ex stake, come in here ready to throw some punches and give it a fight all nine.
Speaker 14: You're in the trenches for Dave Roberts and you know better than anybody the pulse of this team. Do you feel like what you saw tonight is encouraging for what this team may do?
Speaker 10: I certainly, I think it is encourage I mean every year is different, but you know, with as much as written and talked about from the last few seasons, you know, again for us to you know, get a little get a lead yesterday to be down on the road again. Uh, and and come back and you know, make it a game there, you know, still early on with a lot left. I think just you could just sense the guys in here, like the you know, the fight again, the grit, the character, like the level of excitement was still there, like the energy was there even after that rough second inning and the show we got back into it, and I think tonight it'll be the same, will come out knowing what's at stake again. I mean, every one of these games should and is kind of like you know, do or die. This one just you know, is like we don't get it done tonight it's over, so fully expect our guys to, you know, come out swinging and ready to put up a fight.
Speaker 14: Dodgers first base coach Clayton McCullough is our guest, and he's so much more than just a first base coach. When you look at this lineup tonight, Keith A Hernan, I'm sure you've heard maybe some screams or yells on this bench. He has wanted an opportunity to get into this series.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 14: What is it about certain players that really shine and embrace and want these type of games.
Speaker 10: I think it's it's like one, you know, it's the ability to kind of tune out all the outside noise distractions that go along with this. And you know, Keik has proven time, you know, him taking time and time in the postseason that he uh, you know, has the ability to even you know, raise his level of concentration, his level of folks zero in and the moment's never too big for him. There's no there's no fear of you know, not getting it done. I think he goes up there and he's ultra prepared. I think that's another part about two. This guy is you know, super prepared for what's going to come his way and relishes the opportunity to go when and compete when the stakes are their highest.
Speaker 14: That's so great to hear because I feel like the perception of Keik is he's just this wild, crazy guy that just shows up there and doesn't really have the preparation behind it.
Speaker 12: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: I know our guys too.
Speaker 10: A credit our coaching staff, you know, both in the run prevention side, the offensive side, amount of time they put into this and the preparation you know, individual players and you know, you see Key K and Chris Taylor spending hours, you know, the days leading up to this series, you know, breaking things down and not only just for themselves and for opportunities that might come their way, but I think if they can find any type of nugget that would help the group. Yeah, he just shows like kind of their leadership and you know, their veteran presence. And you know for KEYK, for one, like the guy wh is going to be super prepared because he puts a lot of time into you know, studying video and you know, watching pictures. So when he gets up there, it's you know, hey, they you know, they might get him out, but it's not gonna because he's you know, caught off guard or you know, are not ready for it.
Speaker 14: He's ready. The Dodgers are ready. Clayton McCullough is ready. We'll see you on Friday at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 8: It's right.
Speaker 3: We've got to get this thing back to La David.
Speaker 12: We're going to no doubt there. He is the man.
Speaker 14: Clayton McCullough, Dodgers first base coach, one of the key members of day Dave Roberts coaching staff.
Speaker 12: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 3: Tim all right, thanks loud.
Speaker 15: DV.
Speaker 2: Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast.
Speaker 3: When it's game night, it's group night Shaky's dot Com.
Speaker 2: Leading up to first pitch Dodgers and Padres up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 3: Don't go anywhere. I'm Tim Kasis, Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deap on your home for the Blue All Season Law Lawd's.
Speaker 2: The Dodgers and Padres Game four, the National League Divisional Series.
Speaker 3: First pitch coming up at six o's.
Speaker 1: And now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 2: Matchup resented by your Southern California Toyota Dealers. Turn your trail dominating off roading dreams into a reality in the all new twenty twenty four Tacoma.
Speaker 3: See your Toyota Dealer today. They make it easy.
Speaker 2: Dylan Seesaw on the mound for the Padres, twenty eight year old right hander, fastball, slider, curve, sweeper fourteen and eleven during the regular season with a three forty seven ERA and thirty three starts. Dodgers have seen him twice now in the last two weeks at Dodger Stadium, both times before this, most recently Saturday Night Game one of this series, three in the third innings, five runs, six hits and a loss to The Dodgers won the game, but he had a no decision in that effort. Ryan Brazier will get the start for the Dodgers. Thirty seven year old right hander. The veteran has been around and is now second season with the Dodgers, made twenty nine appearances, four starts as an opener. He'll be the first of a long line of relievers and what is a Bullpenn game for the Dodgers. He did now allow to earn run in twenty two of his twenty nine appearances this season. He pitched them both NLDS games at Dodgers Stadium over the weekend. One and two third shutout innings on Saturday, two thirds of an inning, two runs, two hits, a home run on Sunday in the Dodgers ten to two loss to the Padres. It's a must win game. Dodgers down two games to one of his best of five series. They need to win tonight and force a Game five on Friday at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 3: Ryan Brasier the opener.
Speaker 2: Dylan Cease will go for the Padres for fifteen minutes away from first pitch, keys to the game. Our next I'm Tim Kates's Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying yes is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Padres Game four of the n LDS. Dodgers need to win to force a Game five. Dylan cees Ryan Brasier, who will be the opener for the Dodgers. The pitching matchup Dodgers fans and Hanser listening and experience by downloading the iHeartRadio app and listening in HD. It's all powered by our friends at LA Care Health Plan serving all Angelinos Lacare dot org. All right, before first pitch, we head back out to the booth. Stephen Nelson, Rick Monday, guys, All right.
Speaker 4: TC, last time yapping at you before Game four? Will this be our last pregame segment of the season? Rick Monday obviously with hope the Dodgers, they still got it in front of them. They win tonight and they get a chance to play a game at home on Friday, but they got to take care of business. They're facing a starter that they faced in game one. Dylan Sees going on short rest for the first time in his career, with three days rest. They got to him in game one. I'd say that it'd be difficult to do again in a short series, but what do you say.
Speaker 6: Well, first of all, in that game, in Game one, Dylan Sees did not have the good slider, and that was the biggest thing. Went three and a third and that was it gave a big home run obviously to show hey Otani. The Dodgers need to play much better, obviously, and they need to stop worrying about what's happening in that other dugout Andreas are having fun because I tell you what, they've gotten it of the Mines, at least from what we've seen of the Dodgers. Forget what's on that side. You have your own backyard to worry about. I think there was a comment made early this afternoon for me, really sums it up as far as the Dodgers. They are surrounded by urgency and no truer words have been spoken. Now it's in their hands. They have to swing the bat better than last night. They had twenty one swings and missus in last night's ball game. That's got to turn around and do it in a hurry. They got Dylan Cees out of the game after just three and a third. They got six hits off of them. Two of them came from Freddy Freeman and Freddy Freeman. After those two singles to start in Game one against Seas, he was one for nine since obviously hobbled by the right ankle, so much so that the Dodgers have scratched him ahead of this all important winner go home Game four at Petco Park. On the other side, from the pitching standpoint, it'll be Dylan Sees who's their ace to the staff for the Dodgers, It's going to be a bullpen game and not just Oh an opener to start and then landon Nack. From the sound of a Dave Roberts pregame discussion with the media, Nack's not coming in unless this game's a blowout.
Speaker 4: It's going to be a traditional bullpen game.
Speaker 6: Yeah, traditional, and Roberts said, he's going to go with the guys that have gotten to him here, and that means the strongest part of the bullpen is going to carry the heaviest part of the load.
Speaker 4: The same is true tonight as it's was for the Dodgers going into this postseason. They're going to have to hit, and in Loui Freddie Freeman. They're looking to two veterans getting a start for the very first time who have had big clutch knocks in the postseason before. That'll be Keike Hernandez, who's now at third base betting eighth, and Chris Taylor, who's in center field, batting ninth. Can those two set the table for old Tani and Betts and taoscar at the top. That is the game plan for the Dodgers in Game four. It's simple, win, We're go home.
Speaker 3: It's that simple.
Speaker 2: Dodgers need to take care of business over the next nine innings, get a win, get back to Dodger Stadium for a deciding Game five on Friday nights. Keep in mind the Dodgers early struggles. They need to avoid an early letdown. Twelve run scored by the Padres in the first two innings of this series in the first three games between the Dodgers and pore so they need to keep the Padres off the scoreboard early. Meanwhile, they need to get on the scoreboard early, jump out to that lead like they did last night. I thinks to Mookie Benz's home run in the first inning. Again, no Freddie Freeman, as Nelly mentioned, No Freddie Freeman. He is not in the lineup, Max Mont. He moves over to play first base. Chris Taylor's in center field. You got Keiky Hernandez playing third base tonight, so the lineup has changed a little. Hopefully that'll spark the offense and get it going. First pitch is next. Are you ready, Dodger fans? Here we go Dodgers Padres Game four. The NLD as his next enjoy it. I'm Tim Kase has been Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck. I'm the Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network