Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donny Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. It is Saturday, July twelfth, twelve fifty four am. Day six of the WSP Main Event has wrapped up. The chips are in the bag. Mine are in the bag of Mitchell Heinem because he busted my ass today. Fuck you, Mitch. Okay, I don't know who you are, but fuck you. Just kidding, No, I mean this is whatever I did bust today, one hundred and sixty third place, took home sixty k Still not fully sure if I've like come down from it all. I think I have, but I'm not really sure how many people are even left in this thing now? Sixty something, not a lot, fifty fifty seven, not even sixty something fifty seven. It looks like Kenny Holler is the chip leader. Yeah, Eric Alfriott is close, but it's Kenny Hollard up on top. He said, I feel like several deep runs in this main events right final table, but also several deep runs. I feel like we should almost call him fucking main event Kenny Heller main event Kenny, right, I mean, what's his what's his best result? Was it seventh or.
Speaker 2: Something like that? Six?
Speaker 1: I never remember when they fit six. Yeah, I never remember when they finished, like you know, like six seven to eighth. I never remember, like, what are they finishing? That was twenty sixteen when Kenny did that one? The year that who won twenty sixteen? Yeah, Boomstein no key win?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we don't know, it doesn't count.
Speaker 1: Gordon Vile second, Oh, Cliff Josephe third, Michael Ruayne, fourth, Volge tek Ruskika what fifth? Kenny Holler got six, Griffin Banger, yeah got seventh. Wasn't it the year? This is the year? Will Kasouf got seventeenth, Jerry Wong eighth, and there's an unknown player from Spain in ninth place. I don't remember who that was, but shouts to you, sir. These are always the ones that are the best. The tenth place finishers I could never have even like I've never even I don't thin heard. I mean I've obviously heard this name, but yeah, there's no I don't even I don't know where to start with that. Joshua Weiss exactly like sorry, sorry.
Speaker 2: Josh tenth place once?
Speaker 1: I mean probably I don't know. I mean, just the tenth place finishes like the instant, instantly the most forgotten person, and then I made him at every single year. We got a whole bunch of other stuff as well going on around Horseshoe in Paris. There's like nineteen different events today, so we'll touch on those. Of course, we'll always be quick with it as always. Please do hit us with a rating five stars only. Please leave us a review if you would be so kind. It all helps us grow. If you're watching on the poker go YouTube channel, hi love you mean it, subscribe to the channel, please like the video, definitely do that and then also drop a comment. Let's go and if you want to play some free online poker, head on over to play PokerGO dot com. As I said, it's free, completely free to play. It's super easy to jump into, only takes a few seconds of your time to get signed up. And yes it actually does feel like real poker. Whether you want to hop into a ring game which is their version of a cash game, or you want to play a tournament or a sit and go, it is all there, all the different varieties on play PokerGO dot com. You can also download it to iOS or android, Tim and I will see you at the table. Just look for the custom avatars.
Speaker 2: Yes, check, my didn't have one yet. I mean you.
Speaker 1: We got to get on producer Rich. That's his job. That's his job. I actually think that they loaded the wrong avati are in my thing.
Speaker 2: I have this change at the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to like go in and like like choose it so you might actually have it. You have to go into your avatar section and it should and if it's if it's there, then you can select it and make it your avatar. So come play with us. Play PokerGO dot com, the home of free online poker. All right, WSB main event MEBBE Day six wrapped. Fifty seven hopefuls are on today seven. They are guaranteed one hundred and sixty five one thousand dollars. Kenny Holler is the chip leader thirty six million, nine hundred and fifty thousand, Eric Afriatt thirty one million, two hundred thousand. I have no idea how Kenny Hollerk got his chip, but I know how Eric Afriach got his chips. Oh yes, and it was absolutely positively outrageous. Absolutely yet well again, get on Producer Rich. But this freaking hand that Eric Affriatt won, like a twenty million chip pot I don't even know, was by far the wildest hand of the tournament, and I'm not sure we're going to see a wilder one like, even though there's obviously going to be bigger pots that are played. I mean, this was just freaking crazy. According to pokers, they tweeted, this is a twenty nine million chip pot big which I'm not sure if it was that just because they might have included like Eric affriat stack, but either way it was the pot was, you know, for sure more than twenty million. It must be playing sixty one twenty and Eric Afriot raises under the gun to two hundred and fifty k. Bruno Firth makes the call from the next spot. Action goes over to Benjamin Williams played with him on day five, a very very solid player. He moves on for one point four million from middle position. So that's what twelve big linths ish. It folds back to Afriat. He calls Bruno Firth also calls it comes Queen high Queen three deuce, Queen of diamonds, three of diamonds, Duci diamonds. Afriat bets one million into a dry side park one million. Firth calls turn is the nine of hearts, So Queen three of diamonds, DUSI hearts Nina hearts. Afriat bets three million. Firth moves all in for eight million, one and forty thousand. Afriat, according to what I'm reading here on poker News, took a moment and then called with jack ten of diamonds. So has a flying staw and turns open under Bruno. Firth has top set of queens, and Benjamin Williams is over there like what the f with pocketases what the river is the king of spades, and Afriat makes the strait in an outrageous hand outrageous and with that pot he got up to thirty million. He said afterwards that I had my lucky messuse with me. I just felt lucky. One of the sick parts about this hand is you can see like the kind of the the tail end of the hand in the broadcast. And also if you want to go to the Poker ro social media channel. But and if we have it, we'll let Rich Ryan produce a rich play right here. But if we don't have it, you know, I'm sorry, just go find it on the poker row channels somewhere. Bruno Firth like puts his hand out kind of. I don't know if he was like just kind of like his hand was out, like like, are you serious, like make an emotion it was he was trying to like.
Speaker 2: Shake his hand.
Speaker 1: Well, Eric Afre like slaps him high five. I mean, I might have like lost my shit.
Speaker 2: Then he was like, I think he realized what he did.
Speaker 1: No, I know he realized it, but I still might have lost my shit. Like, I mean, it's just that that, I mean, the equity in that pot just fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I can't like, I can't even I mean, Bruno Firth plays a lot in the studio, seems like a very nice guy, seems pretty well liked within the community, who plays regularly, you know, in some high sex cash games around town. So yeah, sick way for him to go. But Afrey, I climbed all the way up to twenty nine or thirty million with that hand, and yeah, wild wild stuff. He ends up going on to finish the day second in chips behind Kenny Hallard. At the at the time, I think Kenny Hallard had around twenty million or twenty one million, so somehow Kenny Hollard went from there to thirty six point nine million on the main feature table. I was kind of out on the floor and whatever, so I didn't get to watch the stream. I'm very much looking forward to the stream and kind of watching it back. And I was also thinking today is that that's one of the things that I miss about, like working so much and stuff, and I mean this year playing but you know, mostly working during the event, is that it's it's often hard to like we have our group chats and everyone's talking about what's happening on the streams, but like we can't really watch it because we're doing this, we're doing other stuff, we're out on the floor, we're helping whatever. So it's like, you know, you kind of want to live it through the stream. So it's you know, it's it's a bit of a give and a take, but it's it's still good. A lot of crazy stuff. Will Kasoof still in doing his thing like an absolute madman out there. I saw Bob Smith was taking no shit from wilksoof kill his hand at one point. I do think the conversation around Will Kasoof is very interesting I personally feel like he is way too much for my liking, you know, much more so than Martin Cabrell. But I do also wonder, you know, there's the whole thing. I think Nick Riegby might have tweeted it and it sparked some sort of conversation on social media just about you know, how far is too far with like talking about like your hand and the contents of your hand, because he's always doing it like always. I mean, I feel like he crosses the line a little bit much based on the rules if other people are told like I don't know, it kind of feels like he's giving a little bit more leash at times and other people are scolded for for much more. At one point today at my table, he comes over. He's not at my table, but he comes over to my table kasoo, yeah, And he starts talking to the guy that ended up busting me, Mit Mitch Himan, who is also a British I believe, and they start talking. I couldn't exactly tell if Mitch like liked him or not. No one likes him, yeah, And I think after he ended up leaving, Mitch said something like I can't wait to get on his table like I'm gonna drive him insane or I can't remember exactly what I said, but yeah, but anyway, Kasoof is just talking the fucking ear off of Mitch Himon in seat one, while seat two is literally been put all in for his tournament fucking life, and like we're all looking at what kazoove like, dude, like shut up. Finally the floor came over and was like, can you like show him his respect? And Casuf is like, but I was whispering. I mean, okay, but still you're literally right there like this guy is like playing a massive pot, Like I mean, what do you like? Come on, man, just just stop, like just stop being such a a damn side show. It's just ridiculous. It's gonna be a musty TV. I will say that going forward with with Kassouf, Eric Offer out of course, you know he's a spicy one himself. We still got the grinder in there with almost twenty million chips, made an incredible call with the seven high flush today. We got him still in there. He got Adam Hendricks doing his thing. Chad Power is a beast? Is Leo Marguetz? Does she survive? Is she still in there? I think she might be a little bit shorter, but I believe she's still She's still in there. Wait, Chris Dombrowski is still in. Like this is when I'm like, this guy's still in. This guy's still in Tony, Greg's still in, Greg Merson, still in. Nick Papillo still in. Yeah. Theo Tran still in the short stack of the fifty seven is Ben Jackson with one point one million. But hey, listen, man, you got a shot. It's gotta put a shot, baby, That's all that matters. There was a crazy hand at my table today. Oh my god. This was in the first level. I think the pot was one hundred and thirty five big blinds. It goes raised from middle position. Guy actually was named don He raises in middle position. Funny, I sit down and you know, him and I are like, you're talking and whatever, right before play starts, and I was like, you know, what's your name? He's like don I'm like, oh, I'm Donnie too, whatever. So then we instantly have that bond whatever. So he raises in the middle position. The blinds are sixty or the big line is sixty. K okay. He starts to hand with all four million. That's how deep he is, he makes it one twenty Big Blind Mitch Chaimon calls Mitch Himon had just gotten moved to the table. Has him covered. It comes seven six deuce or seven six three one of those, but seven six of clubs. That's all that matters. Check from Hyman Bett from Correo one hundred okay, raised to five hundred k pretty quickly, snap all in for three point eight five million. Call like quick call, has them covered. Big Blind Hymen nine out of clubs, open ended, straight flustraw, other guy Coreo Red Kings just an absolutely outrage his hand, the board bricks out, the Kings win somehow, some freaking way. I mean, I was like, I couldn't even I mean, if that's me with the Kings, or like I feel like any like sane player, the hand never goes like that. You probably you might win the pot. I might not even bet that fucking flop with Kings, to be honest, I probably just check it back with Red Kings. I'm I think that's probably the right play. Just check it back. Like I actually thought. When the flop came out, I was like, oh, I think Hymen's gonna lead. He didn't lead me. He came with a check raise understandably so given his hand, I probably would have just checked back and then like called two streets, you know, and hopefully hymen like doesn't go nuts blasting like you know, over bet, overbet or something like that. But but yeah, I mean I thought that was just an absolutely wild hand. So Correo got all the way up to whatever eight million with that hand, ended up finishing in eighty second place for one hundred thousand dollars. Right before him Alan Tenorio, who made a tight fold against me on day five at the end. Was it day five or was it day four? Day four at the end when we were out to the future table when he folded the ace queen sace, and I jammed with the nines. So but he took a sick one. Today he got it all on with aces to kings. But he's out the door in eighty third place. Just absolutely sick hands, sick hands all around. Also today we lost Isaac Haxton and the much talked about hand where he tanked six minutes. Did you see that one?
Speaker 2: Think it's fine? See?
Speaker 1: I agree that it's fine. Now he was on a pay jump of fifteen k which which he didn't get okay, and I mean, of course, I think I saw a tweet from Ike Hackson saying that he announced he was going to do now here's my thing. I have a couple of things about this one. If you don't want the tanking, just put the clocks in play. Simple. The operator can control that. Put the clocks in play with the app. The clocks are on every single table. They are already there. It's not like they have to go buy new hardware. They're they're they're they're available for the taking.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can do it this year because it's not in the rules ahead of time, but future years like come on, yeah, I think I think the larger majority of tournaments these days it's you should just have a clock, and if you don't, you're you're probably just behind the ball by quite a bit. Also, I don't I know some of the pushback is, well, the players might not all understand it, or the dealers might not all understand it. I don't know, man, I've played like those wins, the you know, the win WPT Prime Championship, the WPT World Championship, and like there's a lot of people that have never played with the clock before, but they figure it out in two seconds, Like I mean, it's like it's it's not really that difficult.
Speaker 2: And then not the ones abusing.
Speaker 1: I think, I think it's it's fine to be honest, So let's just put them in play. So that would be one thing that solves an issue like this. Okay. Another thing is like, so Hackson obviously raised all but one chip, and then another player at the table set all inm Okay, Now, if you're the player who says all in, why aren't you calling the clock much quicker? And my reason for that is, like you don't care. Okay, maybe you don't care, but like, but then if you don't care, why didn't you just call and allow the hand to like basically be checked down to the river and take even longer. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: It's he might not care about calling the clock, doesn't mean he cares about that.
Speaker 2: That point of it.
Speaker 1: Though, Well, I just thought that that's a little interesting tidbit is that, like you, you know, the player didn't have to jam all in. The player could have said I call. I don't know exactly kind of I mean, whatever, I just listen this these tanks like this on big pay jumps, they're gonna happen. They are, I mean they were happening when the pay jumps were the smallest in this event twenty five hundred, you know, I mean everyone was cognizant of it. It happened at my table. Yeah, Like, I mean, I didn't I didn't need to tank for any pay jumps, and I'll actually get to an interesting spot that I had on my bus out hand. But I was aware, you know, I was like looking at the clock being like, okay, now we're okay, we're twenty off whatever player hand doesn't matter, Like you're not gonna tank. Oh we're too off. Okay, you know it's gonna like it can possibly factor in your decision, So just be aware that you're too off because if it does come up, you know you need to act accordingly. Everyone's out here in this tournament trying to make fucking money, like at the end of the day, So people are gonna do this, and as long as it is well within the rules, which it is, then I don't see a problem with it. And personally, I feel like the people that say it's bad for poker, I mean one then then lobby for clocks Okay, lobby really hard for clocks if you really do think it's bad for proker too, I don't necessarily think that it's that bad for poker because it's just a strategic part of the game these days. Yeah, like, and and if you have commentators in the booth that are doing a good job, which I believe that we have the large majority of the time. We got Jeff Platt and Brent Hanks first, we had all and Joan and Nick Shulman extremely capable experience. They can explain the situation, right, like, this is what happens. It's the same thing at the end. At the end of an NFL game, teams are running out the clock by just kneeling or just running the game. You know what, that's pretty bad for the game to watch someone kneel the ball three times. That's pretty shitty entertainment. Okay, but it's well within the rules. It is part of the strategy of the game. That is simply how it is. Okay. So I don't know how you can be a sports fan and be like, yeah, that's great. No, you should be out there yelling band kneeling, band kneeling. That's ridiculous. No, Like that it's the same sort of thing like that, that's the same sort of thing. So you know, everyone's out here trying to get the most manue that they can. And and and Hackson from reading his tweet, he said, you guys are welcome to call the clock on me, And no one called the clock, So I mean, who cares, like it's I don't think it's that big of a deal. Now, there's other times when when tanking is egregious, you know, if there's no pay jump or people are just tanking to tank or whatever the heck it is, like okay, then then you can call the clock there or whatever. But like, I don't know, I feel like on a pay jump, it's just that's just how it is, you know, in these tournaments. So until there's a clock that's going to be installed at all times, then you're gonna see tanking like this, and it's it's probably gonna get worse or longer tanks as the pay jumps go up. I mean, can you really fault people exactly? And then also something like if you have clocks, And I actually do think that that GG poker with the installing this WSP plus app, I think that this is just a total guess of mine. But I feel like I have a good idea for how they think and how they put forward their products. I think that they're going to not only have clocks, but they're gonna go like the full chess clock route, like they're gonna go like one above. Like I feel like they're gonna do that, And in that case, then it is become strategy. Okay, I have I have four minutes on my clock, like I need to maneuver a certain way that I can possibly get this page up and use my time if I can't, because like if you're the best example is if you're playing online, like you can maneuver your clock in a certain way. So I think it's it's fine. What Isaac Hackson did? You know? Everyone's up in arms about it, but I don't think he hurt anyone, and he did what was best for him. And at the end of the day, I can't fault the man as it pertains to mine. We might as well talk about my day now, if you're fine with that. I come into the day with I think it was one point four to three million. I double up fairly early with I had Ace Queen versus Kings. Guy opened, I jammed. He calls with Kings, I river a straight. The wheel the river was a five, and the dealer goes bust out, and I was like, no, no, no, no, no no. I won the hand. I won the hand. Excuse me, deler wincey. You know, I'm just like, this is my money, please, So I win that one. I get up to whatever two point whatever the heck it was two point eight, two point nine or maybe no, it was closer to two point five because I had gotten down a little bit. So win that. Played a couple of pots here and there, nothing really like too crazy, didn't really get involved. Three bed A couple of times, I get pocket kings. Mitch, who is He's under the gun. Sorry, Mitch Hyginum, he's under the gun. He makes it one twenty. He has me covered, and he lost that big pot to my fellow Dawn, but he still had me covered. I find two Kings in the LoJack. I make it. He makes it one twenty. I make it three sixty folds back to him. He asked how much I'm playing. I tell him I'm playing two million, one and twenty five thousand. He makes it nine hundred I'm all in. He takes a few moments, calls he's got Ace Queen, I got the Kings as the flop, and I'm out the door. It's a massive punt by him. Just FYI he should he'd either call and play post or he could probably make a tight fold against me. I mean, I should be pretty strong there off thirty five bigs. I think against an under the gun raise. Now, I will give him the benefit of the doubt, and that he was newer to the table so maybe unaware of things. But it was still pretty early in the day. But I thought it was a punt at the time. I mean, listen, but that doesn't matter. Like whatever people are gonna punt, I've punted. I fucking six bed punted last year. I mean, punting happens all the time. But it was funny because like many people like message me like wow, what a pun what a pund what a punt? You know. Even one of his good friends, Andrew Headley, who I've done commentary with, said like, oh wow, Mitch punted to you. Sorry, so you know, I mean it is what it is. But I did beat Kings with Ace King earlier in the day, so no big deal also kind of a weird full circle moment. Level one, I'm folding Kings, Level twenty five, I'm busting with Kings. I mean, the whole thing is just fucking just weird. I felt a little bit sad afterwards, I think, finally, like the adrenaline just dumped, and I was sad to be out, but also not sad in a way, like really happy that's happened, of course, So it's you know, it's like I had a shot. There was one hundred and sixty two people between me and ten million dollars, and you know, hopefully I can just be back next time, you know, whether that's not next year or whatever, you know, just try and come back better than ever. The weird, the crazy thing about this tournament is, you know, there's obviously different ten k's around the world. There's ten k's here at the WSOP, you know, there's five k's, et cetera. But even like the ten K WPT World Championship at the win, like, they're all infinitely more difficult than this ten K. Not that ten K does not have incredible players and it because it certainly does, but it's just that this event is just freaking wild like you have people that are just doing the most insane shit like just and it's but you have very good people and then you have people just doing insane stuff like NonStop. So it's it honestly kind of plays like a like a fifty hundred dollars tournament, which is like so wild, which in a fifty hundred dollars tournament, you're going to run into some very good players, right, but just like the price point doesn't equate to the level of play. So I say that because with this run, I felt like I gained a lot of experience on how to like play this thing, and I think that that can hopefully go a long way, and I have a lot of confidence that I can make some stuff happen in the future. Now, will I get to day six and get one hundred and sixty thirty again or better? I don't know, Maybe not, But I still feel like I have a good feel on things coming out of this run. Ran into some very good players along the way. They gave me a heck of a ton of fit. I'm certainly not the best player in poker. I'm not the best player in this tournament by far, But then there was a lot of players where I was like, these players are not that good and I'm much better than it. So, you know, I felt like I held my own and uh yeah, I'm already excited for the next one. I know a lot of people also were like, oh, what's next, Like We're you gonna hop in the three k or whatever?
Speaker 2: South Point?
Speaker 1: Notly, buddy, I mean, listen, I'm I kind of like build up all year to the WS main event, and then for me, it's like once I play it, that's it, finito, I'm done. Okay, Like I cannot I cannot fathom going to sit in the fucking the three K mid Stakes Championship. I would like lose my mind and I'd probably dust off the chips and whatever. Part of it is also probably because I'm not a professional player. If I if playing poker was my profession, then I would probably just be like, Okay, on to the next one whatever. But like this is like such a climactic moment for me to just play the event, yeah, and like try and give it my all and then once I lose, like it just feels like a nice way to end the summer, you know, and then not play poker for a couple of weeks and then you know, kind of get ready for the next thing. So that's kind of how I look at it. I totally get the professional mindset, like, you know, you just got to you got to wake up the next day, you got to go back to work, you got to do your thing. But for people like you and I, who this isn't our job, Like it just feels good to end. Yeah, I could not play and like hop in the seven seven seven, I would I would lose my mind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel the same, like I kind of want to keep playing. Like obviously bustling means I'm out. I would have liked to play with Femal Hands, but taking some time off now mainly due to work. Right, we have to finish out the main event and then got a little break with the family, and then I'll be kind of eager to get back, you know it not to the like I'm not going to be jumping in three ks or anything crazy, but just playing a femal cards whatever it is. But yeah, you're right straight away, the last thing you kind of want to do is get back into the grind. You put everything into the main event, and now it's time to move on to the next thing.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, but we made good. Thank you to everyone for all the messages for all of us. I will try to respond to most of them. If I don't get yours, I apologize, but there's there's a lot out there. I also just I don't know. I kind of like weirdly felt that like it was just gonna happen, like really the whole tournament. I don't, I don't really it was. It's a very weird feeling. And it's not that I felt like I was invincible. I don't know. It just felt like as long as I didn't fuck it up, they were gonna have to carry out of me on the carry me out of this thing on a stretcher. And I kept like kind of telling myself and on the drive in every single day, like don't you screw it up, Like but that doesn't mean like don't bluff. That means like just do what you think is the best thing. I did that big buff with the ninety seven like stuff like that, like you know, but just don't like don't give up, don't don't whatever. You know, just you gotta stick with it at all times. You gotta fight for every single tip, try and play every hand perfectly, and if you do that, like they're gonna have to literally fucking carry you out here. And they fucking had to do it because they had crack my Kings. Now granted I did crack Kings earlier in the day, but still but still okay. But it was fun. It was a lot of fun. One hundred and sixty third in the fucking main event. Baby, let's go, let's go. Well that's the main event. Fifty seven players left, They're guaranteed one hundred and sixty five thousand dollars. This is when shit gets real. So on Saturday is Day seven. The plan is to play down to twenty seven.
Speaker 2: Well, no plans to play five levels.
Speaker 1: Five levels.
Speaker 3: Last year they finished with that fifty nine and they ended with eighteen. So I would say God would be get down because we have fifty seven to get down the two tables and then have a kind of nice easy Day eight prior to the day off, prior to the final table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course. Let me just quickly run through the payouts here. See who else we got that busted out. Last player to bust today, Munir Tayu. He was the one who hip thrusted the chair and absolutely an absolutely wild individual. I mean he busted out in fifty eighth place. We lost Aaron Overton in sixty fourth, we lost Dylan Ott in sixty ninth. Benjamin Williams he lost on that massive hand that involved Eric Afriott and Firth. He busted in seventy fourth. Is Bruneforth is still in? He lost that pot and he's still in? Is that real?
Speaker 2: Brunith finished seventy.
Speaker 1: Six Oh sorry, seventy six.
Speaker 2: Well that's that doesn't that makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes no sense. How does But how does Benjamin Williams finish seventy fourth and Bruno Firth finished seventy sixth if they busted on the same hand. Also, and there's a guy in between. There's a guy in between. Shoutowt Colin Robinson, he busted in seventy fifth. But also Bruno Firth for sure had more chips than Benjamin.
Speaker 2: Was definitely wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all wrong.
Speaker 3: It's just all it's like depending how you do it on the iPad, right, he might dealomount of bus, said Bruner first, and then Benjamin Williams.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's impossible for this to happen, like anyway, Frankie Flower's eightieth place, Jameson Painter eighty fifth. Who else we've got Bradley Jansen ninety second. Francis Anderson shout out, Francis clock ninety fourth. Every time Francis and I saw each other, we kept you on clock to one another. Isaac Hackson, we talked about his bust, his bussy Jeah he busted ninety ninth and did he did miss that fifteen kPa jump? Our no more turn? Got one hundred and thirdbris Bugeaux one hundred and seventeenth. Talked about him the other day, how.
Speaker 2: I played ce and Julie Lee. Oh yeah, where he?
Speaker 1: Oh there? Rci Arci Angelil, the son of Celine Dion, one hundred and twenty third for him, What a tournament? Michael Gagliano one hundred and forty eighth, Sir Taylor one hundred and fifty second, Oh, Sir Taylor, hundred and fifty second. That means Leiol Margatz is the final woman standing again. But I also felt like there was I felt like there was a good amount of women. It was, and then all of a sudden there was not. I mean, there was one, but you know what I mean, Like it's like all of a sudden, they evaporate, like, come on, come on, poker gods, what are you doing? A funny little story about when I went over to get my payout, I was like, I let's go collect my money. Whatever. I get there and I go through the thing whatever. I go into the standing in the line and the guy in front of me goes it looks at me. He goes, are you upset? I was like, no, not really. I mean I said I think I said it was a fun run or it was a fun ride. He said, did you get it in good? And I was like, this is a weird question. I said, yeah, you know, but it happens. He'said, what was the hand like? He was like begging me to tell a bad beat story. And the only reason I like, I felt like he was begging me to tell a bad beat story so that he then had the okay to tell me Yeah. I did not respond to that further. I just put my head on my phone and I said, I'm just gonna go on with my dick. I can't fucking take this right. Also, I started texting in our group chat. I said, there should be two lines in the payouts, okay, one for winners. If you win the tournament, you go there and you get paid, okay. And the other one is we're all everyone else, second and worst, aka the fucking losers, which is where I would have been. And the reason why I say that is because if you're in the losers lines, you don't fucking talk to anyone, okay, because everyone's just pissed off. If you're in the winner's line, you guys do whatever you want, high five, drink champagne, have a fucking party over there. Okay, you guys won tournaments, brace, that's cool. Everyone over here is pissed. Yeah, okay, we don't want to talk about anything. So two different lines, and then you just know, you just know that if you're in the losers lines, you don't say a word. If you're in the winner's line, have a party.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: That's how it should be. That's my new thing.
Speaker 2: The losers line is always going to be so long.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, it's gonna be so long, but it's just like the regular line is long anyway. Yeah, it's actually gonna get shorter if you do this, because you're actually gonna pull the winners out to the other side. Sure, I'm just saying unwritten rule, just don't talk in the loser's line. Okay, We're just everyone's kind of over it all, right. Oh, we also lost Poker Go Shop Qualifier seat winner Jesse Simon. He busted in one hundred and seventy second place for sixty thousand dollars, and I think I believe he got a penalty today for.
Speaker 2: I though he was late. But I don't know, what are you going for?
Speaker 1: What else do we have with the main event? Anything else? What are your thoughts on it? Why don't you give me your thoughts. I'll try and find this.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 3: You know, it feels like I think we always talk about this every year that you go through waves of the main event where it's like, oh, there's no one left. There's lots of people left, there's no one left.
Speaker 1: It's always there's no one left.
Speaker 3: And then it's like, oh, they're still yeah, exactly, and like we've kind of wrapped up some names that are still kind of kicking, and even though we lost a bunch of big ones, still feels like it's gotta it's still got a good way to go with potential notables at this final table. You know, the three chip leaders unknown names. You know, got Grinder, got Eric Alfreyett, got Kenny Hallett. You don't normally see that. You normally have some random Ukrainian guy up the top, or some guy from China that no one's ever heard of and no one knows the story. But here top three chipleyt is three extremely notable poker players. So I think it's we're tracking in the right direction to have kind of like a superstarish final table and hopefully everything kind of breaks out away. We get a female up there, we get Leo up there, and kind of go from there.
Speaker 1: It's all I mean, it's also wild that miss Rocky is doing this. Yes, same year he won another PPC title and he did this before you want a tittle, and then he made the main event final table in the same summer. I mean, it's just absolutely outrageous by the Grinder, he's an unreal poker player. I found the hand with Jesse Simon. What happened was he gets involved with Alan Tenorio. A flop is six five three two hearts, Simon Betts. Tenorio makes the call. I think Anthony greg was also in his hand, but he folded six of hearts on the turn. So it's six five three two hearts, and then six of hearts on the turn after about thirty seconds all according to Poker News. After about thirty seconds, Tenorio picks up his chips and begins to extend his hand towards the middle. If you're watching on YouTube, you can see me kind of doing the motion that I'm guessing Tenorio was doing a split second before he was able to put the chips down. Simon says all in, so the floor is called. It's ruled that Simon's action stands if Tenorio checks, but would be retracted of course if Tenorio does in fact bet. Tenorio was, I guess, visibly confused by things. He ultimately chose to check that locked in the all in bet from Simon, who was on for six hundred and thirty five thousand. Tenorio folded, and Simon chose pocket seven's and then was given a one round penalty for acting out a turn.
Speaker 2: That's a terrible ruling.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean Simon's it says he apologized to the table, explaining that he believed Tenario had already bet and moved in all over the top. Now I know Jesse Simon a little bit now because we got to meet him through this giveaway. I mean, first main event ever, he's on the big stage. He's May Day six. It's probably nervous as all fucking shit, like and does this and it's just like snap one around penalty. Like it's seems a bit much. I mean, it does seem a bit much. Now. I'm not saying that's right to do what he did, you know, but I just feel like, I feel like for this sort of stuff, we're always like quick to give like these one round penalties, but like for other stuff, it's like there's warnings, there's this, there's that like you know, it's like, I don't know, I feel like it's not kind of like all the same.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So Main event Day seven, Saturday July twelfth. Saturday July twelfth, same coverage schedule, one pm, Vegas time, four pm over on the East Coast. We also had a big announcement come out today. Nick Wright's gonna be joining It was a main event coverage on Poker Growth. Sportscaster Nick Wright will be in the booth at times over the next couple of days, I believe for the final table only, but he's coming rights coming.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: We had two winners today. First one was the one K mystery Bounty. We tryed to touch on that a little bit yesterday. That was one by Frank Digg. He won three hundred and twenty nine thousand dollars. So what we'll go over at one kp lo Win Lee fresh off bet MGM Poker Championship win, fresh off a Borgarde Poker Open win in January. He has now won the fifty K high roll here for his first bracelet six two year for him point six eight million. He's one of four million dollars in twenty twenty five a line.
Speaker 1: And he's probably played the least amount of time as anyone.
Speaker 3: He has got, without doubt the greatest ROI in the entire world because.
Speaker 1: He is they don't know. Win Lee is absolutely positively the most max late of anyone, like the last person to sit down at the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He plays a lot of events in the studio and him and David Chenna they roll together and he is they both are always the last people in our events. And I've seen it here at the World Series them doing it when they came to Texas, they do it, I'm assuming when they're on try and they do it Bogada everywhere.
Speaker 1: So shout out to Matt Clark here, Max late Redge. People are doing the thing.
Speaker 2: Works for me. Yeah, it's the best thing. It's the best way to do it. Why not.
Speaker 3: I don't see any anything kind of wrong with it. But yeah, congrats to win forgetting. He's very rowdy rail you know, if you're watching the broadcast, probably heard it. We had Spanish player up there, Sosia Aido. We had a French player that Alexander Ried. We had a Japanese player up there. We had Vinni Lingham up there. We had really stuck fifty k final table and win Lee navigated that claim victory first wso bracelet for him. So congrats to win. Event eighty nine Midstakes Championship. Down the two hundred and twenty one players. Alex Fox and Chip Leader having a great summer so far. Are you sure or nope?
Speaker 2: I am not. He's not just hit refreshed Via Zako is the chip Leader.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: But you know, this is a four day event, so we've got a few more days we'll probably touch on this.
Speaker 1: This was day two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as it plays down, you could register on day two today.
Speaker 1: And they're in the money.
Speaker 2: They are now Yes in the money.
Speaker 3: Event ninety that's the Triple Sevens, No Seven Lucky Sevens. Day one B is today, So PGT Live reporter Brandon Bloom he cashed so and then he messaged me he said, I've been listening to the pod every day. Let's go brand So yeah, he yeah forgott in the money. Listens to the pod as well. Just get a lucky hat to event ninety one. The fifteen hundred p a lot.
Speaker 1: How many events were happening, It's.
Speaker 3: A lot, It's it's yeah, we're getting a little busy. Nicha Berbero, he's up on on, He's not on top of he's just the way Perkin he's right. That kind of throws me off. How they like, you know, lead with the big name and he's like seventh and yeah, seventh Chips. It should always the chip leader. It should always be the chip leader.
Speaker 1: I think unless there is some other, like really crazy story, I just feel like part of it. I just want I want to give the chip leader their flowers. I do. I want to celebrate the chip leader. You know, these people did a lot of hard work. This guy is a massive chip leader. Shout out massive, massive, he's got two point three million more than second place. He's got six point nine second places four point six. And it's also like give the Lithuanian Casparis clesis his flowers. He's doing it, let's go.
Speaker 3: And it's also there's only eleven left, so you don't need to go all the way down to seventh out of eleven to find your to find the headline, right, just yeah, straight to the chipleader. But yeah, like I said, eleven left in that that's going to conclude tomorrow. First place is worth two hundred and eighty thousand dollars, but ninety two the Poker Hall of Fame bounty our boss, our lord and saviing Marius Nini lasted two hands, well played Maury, but they concluding I think they concluded just they just met a bubble, right or did they just make the money.
Speaker 2: But either way, knockout of Hall of Fame.
Speaker 3: Remember you get a bounie worth as much as the year they were inducted. So if you knocked down Nick Shulman today who played one hand, tripled up then had to go do commentary, his bounty was worth twenty twenty five. Left his chips left his chips, and I said, you got a game to go back, like play some hands. But yeah, that's two more days in that event, one hundred and seventy seven players left from one thousand and one hundred and fifty and the final event today three K toss, new event for the summer. I'm not going to say who's first and chips. I'm not going to say second and chips or third or fourth. I'm gonna say it's fifth and chips. That's right, Nico, Let's go on, Nico. I'm not sure if it's gonna matter at this point in the world Series. Okay, Robert Roseenngaran, he's the chip leader. David Prociak, second, Ryan Hughes, third, nick Yuriganti fourth, new event, five hundred and twenty two runners, one hundred and fifty nine left. Great turnout in this one. What's first first is two seventy three. We'll take that. That's a nice little first prize there. So that's kind of what's going on today. It's even the main event is so like busy, right, we're playing down to towards the final table. This feels just like a million events are going on in the room. I kind of missed the old days where we were the main event was the last thing, and we removed the tables and it became like, I think it's the only thing people cared about.
Speaker 1: I do also kind of agree with you, but I also kind of don't agree with you. Like I think doing it this way is obviously the best for revenue and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, if we're talking revenue, you have to do it this way.
Speaker 1: But but well, I almost think I think that you should almost just reserve this room for the main event and do everything else everywhere else, you know, start removing the tables, like make it like I wan't like, when you walk into this stream, you should be like, Okay, this is the main event room, you know, Like that's how I think it should feel. Stop having all the other stuff going on. Do that in all the other rooms. So, you know, I agree with part of what you're saying. I would try and create that feeling just within this room and then have everything else going. They have enough space everywhere else, so have all the other stuff going around elsewhere anything else.
Speaker 2: I guess, let's have a look at what is on.
Speaker 1: There's more stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's there's there's one hundred events.
Speaker 1: Come on, bro, I don't even sad, like I told you once. Once I'm done with the main event, I'm kind of check.
Speaker 3: In July twelve, what do you have the ten k no Living Hold six Championship. That's a of a tournament, the only event that starts tomorrow, but it's a good one. And then on Sunday we're going to have that eight hundred deep stack. We're gonna have a three kp low cool.
Speaker 1: You got any shout outs? Are we good?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 2: Actually? Yeah, yeah, I go. I go on, let me find it.
Speaker 3: I met Brian and Lindsey Wyoming. Okay, both one of the hat both got him a hat. Brian is I think he's either a railroad driver.
Speaker 2: I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think you drive conductor. Yeah no, he wasn't that he worked on the railroad. Okay, okay, but he listens to the part while working. And we were talking about how he listens that while working, and people listen to it while they're on the treadmill or walking their dogs or driving to work and stuff, and he's like, yeah, no, I like to do it like this. This is the foot They just got into town. They were kind of worried they couldn't get a hat. They normally come earlier, but you know, just the way the way the cookie crumbled, they got in here a little late, but they were happy to get a hat. So shout out to you Brian and Lindsay from Wyoming. Thanks for something, but thanks for listening as always, and thanks to all of you for listening and you know, making sure you coming to say hello. We got what a week left, not even a week, not really, and twenty odd hats. So if we do not give them all out, we're gonna figure out some ways to give them out post world series. So if you did miss out, just just keep listening for the Lucky podcasts.
Speaker 1: Hat alrighty, that's gonna do it for us. His name is Tim Duckworth, my name is Donnie Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time. So you