Speaker 1: You're listening to KF I am six forty the bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio F and we start another show that's full of stuff. I guess that's the way we're gonna start describing our show now.
Speaker 2: Our show is full of stuff.
Speaker 1: Amy.
Speaker 2: I want to point something out.
Speaker 1: Not only a great interview you did with Colonel Haig, and we're going to play part of it at Where's at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: We're gonna pay clips of it because it's so neat.
Speaker 1: Also, as you were locking out of the show, I noticed you were bumbling every single like I do Yeah, you do well, I got I want to point something out. Okay, there's exactly one of us allowed to do that on this show, and that's contractual, and you're breaching. You are breaching the contract. You're aware of that, don't you.
Speaker 3: Oops?
Speaker 2: Or you're aware of it, aren't you? Yes, it's I listened to you do that and go, hey, that's my job.
Speaker 4: I think I was just a little flabberguested for clemped whatever this was. This was a long time coming and a long planning process, and you know, like.
Speaker 2: To mix up the words. No except people's names.
Speaker 4: Yet no, to set up the interview and do the interview with Colonel Haig from the space station.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I misunderstood.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we will have parts of that coming up at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: That should be a lot of fun. Okay.
Speaker 1: By the way, and during the break, I want to move some stories around, okay, just to let you know, just to ruin your life, I'm bouncing some stories around because that's what we do. It's a live show. You can't tell with all the just the screw ups and juxtapositions and mispronunciations, diversions, tangents.
Speaker 2: That we go on. What's the name of our traffic guy, Amy.
Speaker 3: Nick Polick?
Speaker 2: There you go? You got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay, and I got it?
Speaker 3: Should I do the lockout again?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And you mixed out names like Elmer?
Speaker 3: I know what did I call you? Elmo?
Speaker 1: Not bad?
Speaker 2: Not bad?
Speaker 4: Well, you know why, It's because I have I have notes on my on my templates that I like to say thanks to Cono and to Anne every once in a while, and so because they obviously couldn't do the show without them, and I had Cono written down, and so that's why.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, yeah, good for you.
Speaker 1: Trying to warm right, yeah, yeah, that's fine, all right. Anyway, good morning, Good morning on a Wednesday, Elmer, who's here the last day before he leaves us, and Cono is coming back from his vacation. I think Neil is still out today under the weather, so hopefully we'll have him back tomorrow. And Anne, good morning. Can't hear you microphone off?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Say all right, and good morning. Okay.
Speaker 1: We have obviously a lot going on today, a lot of politics going on today we're less than two weeks out of the presidential and also a lot of local politics.
Speaker 2: On Friday, I'm going to do.
Speaker 1: Which I do before every election, certainly every major election, and has to give you my voting guide.
Speaker 2: Now before we do that on Friday, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To go through some of the props and maybe some of the elections, and certainly the presidential which matters not a whit here in California because it's a blue it's the bluest of blue states in the country, so it's an automatic. But what the general rules continue on and that is my voting guide will be up there. And the disclaimer that you hear on every supplement that you have ever seen commercials is this is not intended to cure, diagnose, or treat any disease. Right when you buy Bill Ginko or whatever the hell it is, the same thing goes for the voting guide. Okay, Yeah, the disclaimer of the voting guide is this voting guide is not intended to cure, diagnose, or treat any political disorder. And the bottom line is, if you follow my voting guide, you are fired as a KFI listener. It's that simple. It is for informational purposes only. It's to let you know how I am going to vote.
Speaker 2: And in no way I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Ask you how or what to vote or pay attention to what I'm doing. That's one of the things I am fanatic about, is anybody telling me how to vote, or anybody telling you how to vote.
Speaker 2: If you want to be crazy, that's your business.
Speaker 1: And there's plenty to be crazy about this election cycle.
Speaker 2: Okay, So with that.
Speaker 1: In mind, let's do it. We've got a lot of news, and let's start with handle on the news, Amy and Me No Neil Today lead story.
Speaker 2: Another Donald Trump's story.
Speaker 1: It really is impressive as to how many former Trump allies and employees are coming out after him. This is the former Chief of Staff and Secretary of Homeland Security, John Kelly, who has come out, My god, as he has come out and said right out Trump is an authoritarian, admires people who are dictators, is a fascist, I mean really harsh stuff and effective, and says he's simply unfit to be president. We're not talking about the policy now. We're not talking about policy. As a matter of fact. Kelly says, in certain cases he agrees with Trump's policy. It's just the man he is. He doesn't fall with the rules. He thinks he's above the constitution. This is Kelly's view, and frankly is frightened of him. He said Trump never accepted the fact that he wasn't the most powerful man in the world he wanted to, and he never accepted the fact that there was any limit to his ability to do anything.
Speaker 2: He wanted, any time he wanted.
Speaker 1: And he once talked about how he wished that his generals acted like German generals and later clarified specifically Hitler's generals.
Speaker 2: And I want to say something about this, Okay.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've ever read about Irwin Rommel, one of the great generals who were two who was killed or forced commit suicide because he was part of the plot to kill Hitler and he was the Desert Fox in North Africa.
Speaker 2: He led the German forces.
Speaker 1: The guy was absolutely brilliant, one of the great military minds of the twentieth century, one.
Speaker 2: Of Hitler's generals admired.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, you have to get a little bit deeper into all of these statesmens.
Speaker 2: There are statements that are made, but that's politics in general.
Speaker 1: Okay, By the way, for those people that are arguing that I am defending him saying that he admires Hitler's generals, I just explained why that is and how you have to go a little bit deeper than just a simple statement across the board on my dad. All right, let's go ahead and take a break and we'll come back and really dive into handle on the news on this day, Wednesday, and as we approach Halloween. First of all, we've got, of course, the presidential coming up. Halloween is right around the corner, so we're going to do a fair number of Halloween theme stories, trick or treat Halloween candies. Neil, of course, who's our foody expert, the host or a co host of Foody Friday here and The Fok Report on Saturdays. We're going to be he is going to join me or I am going to join him in talking about Halloween theme. So let's go back to Pumpkin Spice News with Amy and me.
Speaker 3: McDonald's not loving this.
Speaker 4: McDonald's quarter pounders have been linked to an E coli break outbreak in ten states, from Wisconsin all the way to Oregon. The most cases are in Colorado, I believe, oh in actually Nebraska's twenty seven and nine in Colorado. None in California yet, but one person has actually died from this.
Speaker 2: Oh it's tough.
Speaker 1: So when you go to McDonald's, which you still can go, just don't order the emacs because you know there is something seriously wrong with that. Coming up at eight thirty, doctor Jim Kiney is going to join us as he does on Wednesdays, and one of the things we're going to talk about is E coli. You know, how dangerous is it? How often this happens, and they don't know whether it's the onions or the beef. The beef I understand the onions, I don't understand, and I love onions. And then I segue right into a Zoeman's Minty Mouth mint commercial at this point, don't I Yep, yep, Let's move on.
Speaker 4: Okay, the Dodgers have lost a legend. Fernando Valenzuela has died. The Dodgers made the announcement on social media. He was sixty three. Of course, the spark between behind Fernando Mania. He won the National League Cy Young Award and Rookie of the Year in nineteen eighty one, which was the same year the Dodgers won the World Series.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember the start of Fernando Mania, Valenzuela Mania, and it was I was obviously a lot younger, but I remember that season. I went to a couple of games and it was really extraordinary to see. And then he later then became a broadcaster.
Speaker 2: It's sixty three years old. We don't know what he died of, but that's off young.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he was working in the broadcast booth right up until right before the playoffs, and then they announced that he was stepping back and wouldn't be doing announcing during the playoffs and that was so that was just a week or two ago, and said he was going to be in the hospital, and that was kind of the last that we had heard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when he broadcasts, he was right next to Vin Scully.
Speaker 1: And when you go to Dodger Stadium, and if you were ever go to the or the news or the sports casting booth up there, which of course you never will, it's he was right next to Vin Scully doing the Spanish version or adding to the I think he was the color man or something of the Spanish version. And that door was locked. You couldn't get in there. The only place where you couldn't get in door was locked. Thought a little inside baseball.
Speaker 2: I thought i'd share with you inside base Yeah.
Speaker 4: Okay, the US is pushing Israel again, and Israel doesn't seem to be listening. US Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln has urged top Israeli officials to capitalize on the killing of Hamas leader yah Yah Sinwar's death to get the hostages freed and bring the war to a close. Blincoln was making his how many visits has he been to No? I love it, but so far no real evidence that either release of hostages or an end to the war is within reach.
Speaker 1: Now, I'll give you a couple of reasons where the trumpet. Excuse me, where the Biden administration is just way off on this. Oh boy, now we have a chance.
Speaker 2: We're really going to take advantage of the death of yah Ya Sinhar.
Speaker 1: Know why, because for Israel, it's just keeping on killing as many as Hamas leaders as possible.
Speaker 2: That's it. And it's a question of either sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Outside it's a question of either degrading which it has done, Hamas trying to eliminate it, which will never happen. And then Hamas is scrambling because of course its leadership, its ability to fight has been degraded, its ability to govern and has been rate it. But it doesn't stop anybody's thinking. It's all going to be exactly the same. Israel wants to kill Hamas, Hamas wants to kill Israel, and Israel's just doing a better job of knocking off Hamas by, for example, decimating all of Gaza. That's one way of doing it. And so we continue on. Nothing's going to change other than there's no cinowar. Yeah, yeah, cinoar, and wake up in the morning. Okay, who's next?
Speaker 2: Oh I don't know.
Speaker 1: They took it. They've taken those people out. So now let's go to the third tier, which is where it's going to take out too.
Speaker 2: Nothing changes.
Speaker 3: Juliani's about to be homeless, kind of.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a good story. Let me close the window here.
Speaker 1: Okay, obviously I'm broadcasting at home, but there's you know, some guys with motorcycles going up down the three You wanted to go ahead.
Speaker 3: And talk, and you're going to close the window.
Speaker 2: I'm going to close within and probably pee at the same time. So I maybe don't do that.
Speaker 3: That's going to take too long.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: Ten months after a jury awarded two Georgia election workers nearly one hundred and fifty million dollars in a defamation law super against former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, a federal judge ruled yesterday that the former attorney for former President Trump has to fork over his luxurious New York apartment and other valuables. Giuliani had previously tried to sell the apartment for about six million dollars.
Speaker 3: But instead he gets to give it to the Georgia election workers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most interesting parts about this, and I have talked to people who know Giuliani, is that after all of this after he has been disbarred, after he has lost his radio show that he had in New York and his advertisers, after he is losing all of his real estate and basically enable or unable to make a living.
Speaker 2: He's still a true believer.
Speaker 1: If you ask him, was this worthwhile, He'll go absolutely, Just what does that tell you?
Speaker 2: That he's nuts? He won't even be able to afford the hair dye anymore.
Speaker 4: That was still one of the most bizarre things I have ever seen at a press conference Dallas. But sween he was sweating and his hair dye was dripping down his face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very strong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gascone's decision is days away. Last La County District Attorney George Gascon says that he's going to make a decision on the possible re sentencing of the Menendez brothers by the end of the week. And of course he's been looking at what is being called new evidence tied to Eric and Lyle Menendez killing their parents back in nineteen eighty nine. They say there's evidence that support the brother's claims that they were sexually abused by their father, which basically prompted them to kill The evidence.
Speaker 2: Is one letter that.
Speaker 1: Lyle Menandez wrote to a friend eight months before the murder saying, he's going referencing to his dad, He's going to do it again. I'm frightened he's going to do it again. He comes home at night and he's talking about the same sexual abuse, which during the first trial they went through the sexual abuse and the reasons for killing their appearents over and over again, and which is why the jury hung the first time out. You know, there was no verdict and they were given the jury could have in fact said manslaughter, which probably would have happened. Instead they got first degree murder, even the death penalty was asked for same thing. Now, the second trial, same judge eliminated all of that kind of evidence to be allowed in. It was a truncated case. Evidence was curtailed. They couldn't bring in any of that. For example, the battered woman syndrome concept. The judge basically ruled, if you are not a woman, you cannot claim the battered sexual syndrome and you can't do it. And the jury was only given two possibilities murder or acquittal. And that's the issue here because had it been man slaughter, because they were abused.
Speaker 2: Very few people doubt that.
Speaker 1: Had it they've been accused and convicted of manslaughter because they did admit to the murder, they would have gotten fifteen years, twenty years. They've been in jail for thirty five years. So I think there's going to be a resentencing hearing. I believe that's the case, unless George Josh Scone wants to show everybody he's a hard ass and tries to prove it.
Speaker 2: Amy O'Neil and me.
Speaker 4: The taxman's coming. The IRS has released its IF inflation adjusted tax brackets for twenty twenty five. Of course that means that that applies to your taxes that are doing twenty twenty six. But the adjustments are the smallest increases we've seen in four years. The income threshold for each tax bracket is going to go up by about two point eight percent in the new year. That's compared to five point four percent for twenty twenty four and seven percent for twenty twenty three, and they're making a smaller in crise increase as inflation eases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have to remember that not only do so security payments go up with inflation, but also your tax bracket has to go up because let's say the mass the maximum tax bracket is one hundred thousand dollars. Well, that may not change, but if you look at inflation, it should be one hundred and three thousand dollars next year, or one hundred and five thousand or one hundred and ten thousand next year. So this is simply keeping up with inflation.
Speaker 2: And the bottom.
Speaker 1: Line is, and this I think you have to give former President Trump a lot of credit for this, is that your income, your effective tax rate, your standard deduction is such that it's in most cases you don't even start itemizing because your standard dejection is so high. And that's good news for a lot of people. And that was Trump who did that, by the way. And by the way, another by away is that under the new tax bracket, if Kamala Harris comes in, everybody will be under the maximum tax bracket. If you make more than four thousand dollars a year. That's just I shouldn't leave get prepared, all right.
Speaker 3: Doe admits he did it.
Speaker 4: Orange County Supervisor soon to be former Orange County Supervisor Andrew Doe has agreed to resign and plead guilty to accepting more than five hundred fifty thousand dollars in bribes to direct millions of dollars to family connected nonprofit. So Doe voted to approve millions of dollars in COVID nineteen relief funds to a nonprofit without disclosing that it was connected to his daughter. And then he funneled some of that money to his family and helped him buy homes.
Speaker 1: And I was involved in his campaign, well, not involved, but I knew him. I was introduced to him, I interviewed him. Seemed a very smart guy, an immigrant from I think he is a Vietnamese immigrant.
Speaker 2: And he got nailed. He got nailed on this. You can't do that stuff. You can't. So we'll see if he does prison time or not.
Speaker 4: Well, Israel keeps cutting off the head of the snake. They've got another one. Israel said yesterday that one of its air strikes outside Bea Route earlier this month killed a Hesbolah official who was widely expected to replace Hezbolah's longtime leader, who was killed by an Israeli air strike last month. There's no immediate confirmation from Hezbolah, but Israel says that it killed Hashem Stapfhadeen in early October, in a strike that also killed other Hezbolah leaders, like twenty five of them. Saphadin was expected to succeed Hassan Nasralla.
Speaker 1: So they're going after not only a hanchos, but the assistant managers who are lying to be hanchos.
Speaker 2: And this is Israel.
Speaker 1: I mean, they finally said we've had it, We're done, and his blah. They launched missiles right after Israel goes into Gaza for no other reason other than to show solidarity to Hamas and Gaza.
Speaker 2: Okay, look what's costing them on this one.
Speaker 1: You know, at some point someone's gonna wake up and go, maybe this wasn't worthwhile. I wonder how many people that are in Gaza are saying, you know, maybe that attack October seventh wasn't such a good idea. And now we're waiting the attack on Iran is Israel is promised and will be happening.
Speaker 2: It's not a good time to be a leader.
Speaker 1: And by the way, in bey Route they don't have the tunnels that they have in Gaza. There are no tunnels for these guys to hide under.
Speaker 2: And as soon as.
Speaker 1: Israel knows where they are and their intelligence is superb boom.
Speaker 2: You know there's someone else. As you said, the head of the snake. Its cut off. All I do one more before the break.
Speaker 4: Look up in the sky, here comes your taxi. No, I'm really serious about this. The FAA has published new rules that it calls the final piece of the puzzle toward allowing half helicopter, half airplane electric taxis, actually electric air taxis to start buzzing around the skies. The rules eight hundred and eighty pages of special regulations that spell out how the pilots are going to learn the new subset of aircraft designs. They say this introduces an entirely new category of aircraft.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it used to be just fixed wing and helicopters rotary, and now it's half and half. Now you have a trans version of that. A lot of political fallout. Was it born a helicopter? Is it now transiting into a half helicopter.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of political fallout here, but it's a coming growing up.
Speaker 1: Listening to the Dodgers the few times I and Vince Scully, who was I mean the guy was there ever going to be another broadcaster spent sixty five years with one team or any sixty five years in broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Anyway, he was the voice of the Dodgers for many, many years.
Speaker 1: Okay, And then the trending is the news that Fernando of Aalnzuela has just died, the a Dodger legend.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot to talk about today. Let's go back and finish it up. Handle on the news, Amy and me.
Speaker 3: We got more legal trouble for Trump.
Speaker 4: This one is in relation to his visit to Arlington Cemetery. A federal judge has ordered Army officials to release records by the end of this week regarding the visit. The lawsuit was brought by American Oversight, which is a non partisan, nonprofit group dedicated to getting the government to release records. And as you'll recall, the flap is that former President Trump was invited by some of the survivors of the soldiers who were killed as the US departed Afghanistan when that suicide bomber killed them. And then he took some pictures and they showed up in campaign ads and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, reflaying ceremony at the tomb of the unknown soldier. Now, my question is can any citizen do that, because remember he's a private citizen, and I don't I've never seen that happen either by invitation of the government or a head of state, So I don't know the answer. So that was one of the controversies. And by the way, all this was using campaign ads. And the other thing is there were survivors of people of the servicemen who had died in the cabinets stay during that particular period. The death of the thirteen soldiers who didn't invite Trump, and the name of their dead loved one was part of the ad too, and they went berserk.
Speaker 2: So they just want the records of it. And it was a photo op.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, the reality is it was a cheap shot, as is the McDonald's is a cheap shot, as is when any presidential candidate. Let's go through the list of Kamala Harris showing up just four photo ops. I hate those photo ops. I mean, what do they prove? Literally, what do they proves? Anybody believe that Donald Trump, you know, somehow connects to the people by at a sitting at a drive through window at a McDonald's. Boy, that shows he's a regular guy or Kamala Harris, she's in touch with the people showing her at a manufacturing plant.
Speaker 2: It's all photo ops. They should all do this in bunkers.
Speaker 1: You know who had the best idea, Joe Biden when he was sitting in the basement for two years of his home. That's the best way to do it. That doesn't show you connect to anybody.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Let's finish up.
Speaker 4: Another January sixth conviction clears a hurdle.
Speaker 3: A federal off Fields Court in Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: Has upheld the conviction of the Cowboys for Trump founder he got into a restricted area of the US capital on January sixth, and the convictions or the upholding of the convictions as rioters don't have to know the Secret Service was protecting then Vice President Mike Pence inside the area when they breached the area.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a technical issue, and that is did he have to know that it was was the Secret Service was guarding that area. I mean he only got what how much time did he get eighteen months or a couple of months. So it just becomes a big issue for Trump supporters and defending and actually defending the January sixth riot.
Speaker 4: Folks Yeah, he was only sentenced to fourteen days in jail in a year of supervisor nothing.
Speaker 2: Nothing. So now what why the lawsuit?
Speaker 4: Well, and the issue is does it make it more severe because the Secret Service was there?
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, it's you know, I don't know the answer.
Speaker 1: It's pretty wonky, which I'm going to go through because frankly, I don't care.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, maybe it should have been Abercrombie and Sex instead of Abercrombie and Fitch.
Speaker 3: I know that was a bad joke.
Speaker 4: The former CEO of Abercrombie and Fitch and two others have been arrested for sex trafficking. More than a dozen people. Mike Jeffries, his partner Matt Smith, and a third guy, Jim Jacobson, are all accused of operating an international sex trafficking and prostitution business that recruited young men for parties in the US and abroad. They apparently paid dozens of men to travel around the world to have sex with others over a seven year period starting in late two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a little tawdrey, don't you think.
Speaker 1: He was arrested and released on ten million dollars bond that he came up with. That's when you have serious money, don't you. Okay, we're done, guys. Coming up, something is going on Trump, of course, being the outlier both president and candidate for president I think, in the history of the United States. So let's take one more spin in that direction and I'll share that with you. Coming up, KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.