Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldira dot com. Excited a visit right now with a very funny stand up comic. We have Logan Hartnett joining us and Logan is in Sious City, Iowa. Hello, sir, how are you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Pretty good? How about yourself? John?
Speaker 1: I am fantastic and I'm excited to work with you. Next week we get to work together on a comedy and night fundraiser for the Tea American Legion. Now, the event is happening next door at the Tea Event Center. It's in a place behind the Titans Tavern. It's like the back room And have you ever been in there before? Like, look, that's where Boss's comedy was for a while. Have you been in that room before?
Speaker 2: Yes, Yes, I'm performing there a couple times in the past. It's always a great crowd, great time.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun and this is one of the first events. They've had a few events there, but this is one of the first events under the new ownership there. And excited to be a part of this. And it's a fundraiser for a veterans organization in t It's called the Tea American Legion, and Logan is actually a veteran. Which branch did you serve in, sir?
Speaker 2: I was a United States Army.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for your service. And how long did you serve? It was for a bit, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did about seven and a half years.
Speaker 1: And you're going to school right now, aren't you, yep?
Speaker 2: Using the GI Bill to pursue higher education.
Speaker 1: At this point, I think that's really really cool. And I love your humor. We've had a chance to work together several times now. Every time you make me laugh and it's like the big, old, very deep belly laughs. So that's good. I love that.
Speaker 2: That's always great here and I absolutely love working with you and Jerry Irby as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our headliner Jerry Irby also a veteran. Excited to chat with him in the next few days here, so we'll get a chance to talk to him a little bit as well. Let's talk about your comedy career. How did you get started doing stand up comedy? And what was it that kind of drew you to this?
Speaker 2: So I got back actually from Afghanistan, and I realized I didn't have any friends in Su City left and figured out head do something. I always kind of like comedy. It was always great to watch, and so I figured to throw my hat in there. Yeah, and well and behold was it. Five years later. I'm absolutely enjoying it.
Speaker 1: That's awesome, and you do a good job. And I know Sue Land Comedy, there's a few people that are kind of in charge there, but you're certainly one of the people leading the pack down there, and I know the folks in Sioux City absolutely appreciate it, and anybody that makes it out to the show next week, they'll appreciate your humor as well. And again, you don't have to be a veteran to come to the show. You don't have to be a veteran to find the humor very very funny. But if you are a veteran, I think you're certainly going to find some of the stuff that Logan has to say a little funnier, won't they.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, yes, there's definitely a good bit that ties back into my military experience.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I remember we were going to do a show in trying to think where. We were going up by Huron somewhere, and on the way there you were telling me, don't forget to remind me to let people know I'm a veteran, because if they don't know that, my first joke doesn't go very well. So I made sure when I introduced it people know and then I was like, Okay, I see why that mattered. So so now you guys have a bunch of shows in the Sioux City area as well. If people want to find out what you have going on, just for logan Heartnet or for Sueland comedy, where do they find you guys online?
Speaker 2: So the best is going to be a suelandcomedy. We do have a website, Sulandcomedy dot com. On top of that, we're on several social media's Instagram, Facebook, what have you, and we do keep posting our shows very regularly. If for some reason someone's in Siux City they can't make it up to the Chi show, I think sad night, we do have a show, and I think that one is going to be supporting possibly the food bank. I'm not sure on that one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I know you guys have a lot of great things that you do down there. I am so honored that you're coming up to join me to be a part of the show here next Friday. And again, is there a good place for them to follow you for your comedy stuff? Do they? Do you have a certain page for that or do you even have a page for that?
Speaker 2: Logan? So right now, yes, I do have a Facebook page Logan Heartnet Comedy. It does have any of my important shows on there. It's a great place to reach out to me if you ever you're looking for someone to come help out with something.
Speaker 1: Very very nice, Logan, thank you for all that you do in the Suxland comedy community, but also for branching out and coming up and helping me with this event. Thank you, sir, Thank you again, Logan Heartnett. Very funny guy. And again he's a veteran himself, an Army veteran, and this is a fundraiser for veterans in t South Dakota, helping local veterans there with the Tea American Legion. The event itself is next door the Titans Tavern Event Center also known as the Tea Event Center, two fifteen South Main Avenue. You can get tickets right now. All of the details everything can be found at stand Up to Help dot com. You'll see the poster and all the details again stand up to Help dot com and I'll also throw a link to it at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls Newsy.
Speaker 2: Something you Should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis Gold dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldi ra a dot com