Speaker 1: Listen is WWE superstar Drew McIntyre and you're listening to the WWE podcast.
Speaker 2: Show, the one that everybody wants.
Speaker 3: Me sixteen, So that just work your ass.
Speaker 2: This is mynd You're going to acknowledge me? What is going on?
Speaker 4: Everybody and a Welcome to this week's main Event review right in the mint of WrestleMania. And I know this is not a WrestleMania show, but lots to cover regarding WrestleMania. Are going through probably all my predictions, but first we will start with main event, I promise with the two matches that occurred the last row before are going into WrestleMania too, so I guess we'll review that and then go into what happened at WrestleMania, my opinions, my takes, but also looking on the predictions that I've also made as well. I think from memory, I got eight out of twelve, so four predictions incorrect and then I guess one doesn't count, but I'll get to that. But most of the stuff that I did predict happened, which was good. But again a lot of things that I got wrong too, but we'll keep that for later on the show. We will start with main event as mentioned and with the first match being Maxine de Prix taking on Zoe Stark. So last week Maxine de Prix obviously lost to SHANEA.
Speaker 2: Besla.
Speaker 4: This time, Maxine Debris does get the victory here, beating Zoe Stark in a roll up. Zoe Stark had control of the whole match and then Maxine Deprix managed to swing some momentum and then get the win with a roll up here, which did nothing for her WrestleMania stakes. But it's great to see Maxine Dupre getting some singles matches on main event. Hopefully that kind of transitions into raw and spack then as well. And yeah, her story and her art continues to grow because I feel as though that she has the crowd on her side just being able to perform consistently in the ring and being able to, yeah, I guess, demonstrate good performances, being able to perform in a live show, and then for Creative to find something that's worthwhile for her. I know that she's obviously been teaming up with Natalia at the moment, so there might be some opportunities for them to work together in potentially fighting for the women's tag team championships as well, and it's great to have more women's tag teams because I do feel like the division is very stale, or was very stale, but now with the events that happened at WrestleMania and these new tag teams coming up astray, it might be good for the future of the stagged team division. So Maxine Debris, good momentum for her. I much need to win here, I think for her, Yeah, her solo career and her ring performance career to kind of go to that starting point, which is really important. And then we transition on to the second match of the main event, which is Kaiser versusing Tyler Bate Kaiser getting the victory here. This is another year of Kaiser not actually getting a WrestleMania match, which is quite disappointing for Kaiser's perspective. I feel I think that's something that probably is frustrated him for sure. I think that he was a bit stitched up here to not get a WrestleMania match, only because of the fact that I feel like he consistently showed up all year to Raw and to a few PLA's PL's that I feel as though that he could have had a chance to fight at WrestleMania. But then when I think about it, it doesn't seem that it doesn't look like he was able to kind of captivate with the crowd as well, or have any feuds that that was extremely like relevant, like the one with Seamus was pretty cool, who was another example of not being able to get a WrestleMania match. There just wasn't anything that felt WrestleMania worthy for Kaiser at this point. And I still think that he's stuck with Guanza. There's still like a tie there, and I know that they haven't really teamed up in months now or been together, but there hasn't also been a clear exit from Kaiser as to like let go of Gunzha, And I think until there is like an official thing where those two split up, whether it's them to feuding or whether it's been announced or whether they leave on good terms, it doesn't really matter how Kaiser leaves. It just needs the crowd needs to know that he's not associated with him, And I think he needs to really push himself this year to get a decent storyline for him to be able to have a WrestleMania match, or even if you're not shooting for those stars that are too far at least some consistent PRL performances as well, because I do generally believe that Kaiser is capable to be a good superstar and someone of relevancy, but it's just finding his niche or something there. But again, we'll be monitoring Kaiser's performance. He is in the lights of I guess the feud with Tiffany and Charlotte with the DM comment that Charlotte made, but that's the only relevance he's he's really had. So again, Kaiser getting the victory here shows that w W still want to kind of push him forward, but again they might have to be just a storyline that comes in the fold there, and that pretty much wraps basically what happened on main event. Usually they've had the segments, so if I just touched quickly on them. Looking here, we had the match between the triple threat between Julius and Brutus Creed and Chad Gable or Grand Americano sorry against the LWA, with them getting the victory here, well American May getting the victory here with Aganda Americano, and then we had Agents Styles and Logan Paul pull out of promo with Logan Paul hitting the Polveriser. We then transition onto the main event of the show, which was basically Seth Rolins, Roman Rains and Paul Hayman basically pulling over promos, with Roman Reins attacking Seth Rowlans. As Seth Rollins tries to get into the heads of both Roman Rains and Paul Hayman to turn on Seeing Punk, he gets attacked, Seam Punk also gets attacked and Paul Hayman gets pushed to the floor by Roman Rains two obviously not being happy with what happened. But we'll touch on everything that happened a WrestleMania because that's completely old news. I'm gonna do a quick kind of recap of what happened in WrestleMania and give my opinion. For me, Day one was quite dead, if I'm honest. Despite the main event, the main event was very good, and I'll basically break it down from the start. So the first match we had was with jay Us and Gunza. I did say I wanted Gunsa to win, but I did predict Jus, so Jaus did get the victory here via the sleeper, which Guansha literally tapped out in like two seconds, which was very surprising and very disappointing for that to be booked there. I think it was fine for jo to win. Obviously I wanted Gunza to win, but it was fine for that to happen, to get the yeat moment everything, But I just didn't like the fact that they made Guna look so weak with jay Us putting him in a sleeper. Now I would have much preferred guns to pass out instead of just tapping out in five seconds. Hopefully that doesn't diminish his character, but it definitely made him look very, very weak, which is something that Gunsha is most definitely not. He's someone that is a powerful presence and that should have remain consistent in this loss. But again, this obviously pushes Jus. This gives everyone the feel good yeap moment, and now the pressure's on ju So to have a decent title run here because I think it's important for him to kind of win the fans over and really show that he's able to maintain the title. Because let's be honest, he did deserve it in sense of building his character up, but the way he's one here building up the story him in ring his personality, I don't think he deserved the title for that, if that makes sense, but you know he's got a chance here to prove us wrong and he finally does get a world title, which yeah, again I don't say he deserves building up onto WrestleMania, but as a whole singles career from being part of the Blood Lion to now, he does deserve a bit of gold around his waist. So not trying to get that confused, but again, Jauso really needs to show and to back this kind of this momentum that WW is in him force momentum, but again, momentum is momentum. There we then get I'm looking at the second match of a WrestleMania Day one or Night one was the New Day defeating the war Raiders. So I did predict that, and I'm glad that's happened. I think the World Tag Team Division or the Tag Team Division RAW is going to be a lot more spicier with the New Day there. Hopefully they're able to pull out some pretty decent promos and the title stay on them for a long time as well. They are getting close to being one of the greatest tag teams of all time based on the stats but again that's open up to interpretation. We then get Jay Cargo Versusnaomi. Jay Cargo getting the victory here on a pretty impressive first WrestleMania debut match for Jay Cargole. He managed to last in the ring more than five minutes, which is great, and she pulled off some kind of crazy power bomb which impressed me as well then after doing the jaded so it was pretty impressed. Obviously, WW are going to be pushing Jade Cargo to the moon here, so this victory is very important. Does it affect Naomi? I don't think too much because I think Naomi did a really really good job in her first kind of match as a heel on a big stage, and yeah, she did a really good job maintaining that character. Her new theme music's really good. I think they've nailed the proceed with caution type gimmick as well with this heel run. So I think more plans for Naomi moving forward. I think stuff that's going to be exciting there. And Jake Cargle I think is going to be pushed even further now winning this match too. We think Jacob Vartu defeating La Night and this is the first prediction I got wrong. I genuinely thought that Solo was going to come in and interfere the match, but I don't think oh, I think that didn't happen. Obviously that didn't happen, and I think that might happen down the line getting the US title involved. Fatu gets the victory here. WW really shown leaf in him and rewarding him with a singles title. As for La Night, It's really hard to say at the moment, but I still feel like he deserves to be pushed up into the World Championship conversations. But again that's something we'll have to wait and see for what happens there. Maybe they'll get a rematch, maybe not. Again, Fatu getting the victory here, I'm not mad about it at all. He was the favorite going in. I just again thought that Solo was going to interfere with the match there, but again happily wrong. The next match, aland Medicano originally was the first verse Raymisteriro, but ends up versing Ray Phoenix. I didn't think it changed my opinion here on who would have won. Alan Americana. Getting the victory here was the right decision and makes the most sense Obviously, Chad Gable said that he's going to win a singles title this year. He's had trouble with Lucha Dores. He's put on a new persona, and it makes sense that he gets the victory here beating a luchador, because if he didn't, this gimmick wouldn't have made any sense whatsoever. We don't get the Women's Championship match where Tiffany Stratton defeats Charlotte Flair. Again, I got this one wrong. And the reason why I got this wrong is because I didn't think Charlotte fan would put someone over in this situation, especially with all the stuff that Tiffany Stradden has said. But I got to respect Charlotte's professionalism here. I think it was the right decision. Whether I predicted it or not, it doesn't really change the fact that it's the right decision. Tiffany Stradden is young, she will continue to excel and defend that title. And as for Charlotte Flair, not really sure what's going to happen with her. There are opportunities for her to explore some feuds with some existing superstars.
Speaker 2: There so lots there.
Speaker 4: But again, my respect for Charlotte flair has gone up for putting Tiffany Stratten over here. We then get the main event and the main event between Seth Rowlands, Roman Remains and Siampunk, and I proudly will say that I got every to the tea here. It turns out it wasn't as much of a hot take as probably I thought it would be. Paul Hayman does turn on both Roman Reins and Siampunk joins Seth Rowlins, and Seth Rowlins gets the victory here with the help of Paul Hayman, and I just feel like Paul Hayman's best work is being a heel. It was great to have a kind of feeling of supporting and cheering for Paul Hayman. But if Paul Haymon is not a heel manager, then there really is no point of him being there. So I think this was the right decision. I am excited to see what's going to happen with Seth Rolins and Roman Reigns are not Roman Rains, so Paul Hayman working together now this probably solidifies Seth Rowlins being a heel. But again, the right decision there, and I feel like of the three Seth Rowlans truly does deserve the victory here, so excellent, excellent booking, great that I've predicted that to the tea, but again, the raw tomorrow is going to be one to watch with Paul Hayman basically addressing what he did. But again, all the matches aside. I think this main event, this main event was the right choice. Was definitely the match of this night. The rest of the other matches were pretty underwhelming. I think the second best would have been the women's championship match, but again, yeah, nothing too crazy. They really felt like a normal prle to be honest. We then move on tonight too, we get the triple threat with er Sky er Sky getting the victory here. I also predicted that to be correct, and it made the most sense. I did put a decent bet there and want some good money from that too, as the bookies were favoring Bianco Balat so happy with that. But again makes the most sense, especially considering that Bianco Ballet and ar Ripley were basically feuding with.
Speaker 2: Each other the whole time.
Speaker 4: Casting away er Sky Esky getting the victory just solidified basically the fact that I guess she was not too be I guess dismissed or to be undervalued or to be looked over. So Hesko getting the victory here makes complete sense, and I'm excited to see what they're going to do with her moving forward. This match was really really good as well. They work really well together the three. There was some great chemistry, so all in all, a really good match. We then had the Sin City Street Fight, Drew McIntyre getting the victory here over Damian Priest. That was, again, as mentioned, very obvious to do. Drew McIntyre is going to be a lot of plans for him moving forward. I don't think it affects Damien Priest too much, but again it's going to be interesting to see who's going to feud with moving forward. I think it was a clear victory here. Some of the spots were really good as well. I really liked the table hits. Damian Priest took some really good spots they're getting hit off the table, and an overall pretty good match. We then get the Fatal four way for the Intercontinental Championship match, and I kind of regret saying that bron Breaker was going to win, because I think all the stars aligned for for Dominique to get the victory here, and I extremely loved it. This was probably in terms of the best WrestleMania moment for me, I think of all the day, like the feel good moment that was authentic, that was real was Dominique Mysterio winning the championship here. The best part was after he won the championship, all the heat that he was getting, he came back out, ran up and celebrated again, and the fans were truly truly rooting for Dominique Mysterio. He was the clear favorite. He was the clear one that was getting the most crowd noise and reactions. Everyone was rooting for him, And while watching this, if I didn't have my prediction and a few bets on bron Breaker, I would have really supported Dominique Mysterio more here because it did feel like he deserved it, and it was probably the right choice too. I think it's good that we're finally gonna have a champion that obviously is like one of those champions like the Mis that is probably not able to back it up. But he's going to find a way to cheat to maintain the title, and luck's going to go his way, and that's that's quite refreshing to have, especially with all our champions in the last year or so being very serious. We finally have a champion that's probably going to defend this title with sheer luck and a lot of cheating. So yes, whether Dominic Mysterio turns face or not, I don't think it's necessary. I think let the crowd decide what they want to do with Dominic. I don't think Domini needs to change who he is. Whether they like it, whether they don't like it, that's something for us to kind of or the fans to kind of make, and I guess with that, I do just hope that he's able to pull promos.
Speaker 2: Now in ring.
Speaker 4: I think people are getting tired of doing dom I don't think it's necessary in this case. I think you certainly won a lot of fans winning the match here. But again, as for bron Breaker, I think that pushes him up to World Heavyweight Championship conversations and potential chances to win world titles there.
Speaker 2: It makes the most sense.
Speaker 4: If they were going to drop the title on his first WrestleMania, they obviously had bigger plans for him. As for Finnbala, Finbala is obviously gonna food with Dominique mysterious, so that will be interesting. And I'm not sure what they're going to do with Penter. I think Penta might be involved, but again Pen's news, so not really too.
Speaker 2: Worried for Penta. There.
Speaker 4: We then get Randy Orton coming into the ring, who is looking for a WrestleMania opponent, and safe to say that I said his name and he appeared. Joe Hendry appeared at WrestleMania and took on Randy order and I was so happy. You can probably tell by the expression of my voice. I was extremely happy that they pulled the trigger and they got Joe Hendry onto WrestleMania in his WrestleMania a debut against Randy Orten. Nothing bigger than that for a person that's debuting, and TNA got a lot of new fans for sure, being exposed to eighty thousand in person and probably over millions around the world.
Speaker 2: So this was great.
Speaker 4: Randy Orden obviously getting the victory here, but it wasn't about that. It was about Joe Hendrew coming in showing that there is going to be a potential chance for him to be a WWE superstar, but also for Randy Orton to get his twentieth WrestleMania victory, and I do feel for Auton not being able to have the match of his dreams or something that was worthwhile. But again, John Seen is around, Cody Rhodes is around, There's definitely going to be time for Randy Ordon to do stuff significant. He gets his twentieth WrestleMania win while elevating Joe Hendre, who got a really, really good pop as well, which was great to see. I was extremely happy that Joe Hendrey was there. I said his name and he appeared, and yeah, I do believe in Joe Hendry, and I believe one day he will be in a WWE ring for the foreseeable future and permanently as well.
Speaker 2: I hope we.
Speaker 4: Then get Logan Paul against aj Styles as predicted, Logan Paul getting the victory. Here, this is the past the torch moment. What I didn't predict was that carrying a Cross was going to come and interfere the match. I've mentioned carrying a Cross last week. I do hope that WW pushes him and I'm glad that he did get some sort of exposure to WrestleMania being involved in this so I will have to wait and see what happens with him. I suppose that he's going to be feuding with aj Styles, but again we'll.
Speaker 2: Have to wait and see. There.
Speaker 4: We then get the tag team title match. Originally it was meant to be La v Arcuria and Bailey, and I got to say, I think wwe did a really bad job in this. I don't think it was fair to cut Bailey off the match. I think that was quite disrespectful. I do understand that it was destined for Becky Lynch to come, and it probably made more sense to Irish women teaming up, and it was a great return for her. But I just the way they did Bailey like that, I just felt so dirty and so unfair. And I think the way that they're treating Bailey here is a bit sad, given that she is still a legend, She's won multiple titles, She's done so much for the company. It is a shame and that definitely would have changed my tip, to be honest, on who was going to win this, especially if I knew that Becky Lynch was going to be here. So yeah, the title is getting changed over to Laura and Becky makes a lot of sense. I Live Morgan and Recoveragy just taking the loss here. Hopefully Bailey gets involved somehow with this, because I think this is a good way to move her into a heel and make her interesting.
Speaker 2: But again Lara and.
Speaker 4: Becky, with Lara holding two titles, which is what a year that she's had, well, first kind of full year that she's had with her debut WrestleMania, getting a victory and also getting another title to her waist. So awesome to see there again. As mentioned with Maxine depri and the tire at the start of the show, hopefully the Women's tagged him. Division ramps up a bit from here and then we get I got to mention this first Stone Cold making a return here with the buggy that was hilarious and honestly, the way he was driving it, I had a feeling that he was going to crash.
Speaker 2: I just didn't know why.
Speaker 4: Maybe I've spoken to exist them, but it just felt as though something bad was going to happen with the buggy. And then I did see on Matt's Twitter that he actually tried to go up the ramp and failed miserably. So all I hope from this is that he wasn't under the influence of alcohol before riding the buggy, because if that's the case, then I think WWE is going to be in big trouble. In regards to that girl, I don't think anything happened too bad. I think she's milking it. Maybe she's her I haven't seen used on anything. So if I haven't seen anything and it ends up that she was seriously injured and stuff, I do apologize for this take, but I definitely feel like she's just milking this for for a potential lawsuit to get some money. The fact that Nick Kahn came out made it concerning. I did feel forced Steve Austin because he obviously felt bad, and it's hard when that happens to kind of try and stay professional. But again, the whole thing was just to me, it was funny. If that girl was not injured. If that lady is not injured, I did find it quite funny. It just felt as though that he was going to make it up. I just hope that he wasn't under the influence of alcohol when this occurred, because I think there would be a lot of trouble for WWE and a lot of millions will be lost there.
Speaker 2: But then we transfer into.
Speaker 4: The main event of the show and we get the match between Cody Rhoads and John Cena, and all I got to say is.
Speaker 2: Screw you. Rock. The Rock ruin this for me. Johnson.
Speaker 4: It getting the victory here obviously with hitting Credit Roads in the nuts and smashing him with the title, quite similar to what he did Elimination Chamber instead of The Rock coming here. Been hyping this feud with Cody Rhods for over a year now. He sends out Travis Scott, who again has no business being there. He takes a Crossroads where he deserves a chair of the face, and we don't get to see The Rock. And when John Cena pinned Cody Rhods, I generally thought that Cody Roads was going to kick out and that would force The Rock to come in, but we didn't get that, which is extremely disappointed.
Speaker 2: The Rock.
Speaker 4: Shame on you for not coming out dead set. Shame on you because all the talk that you've had hyping the match up, you didn't show up after Elimination Chamber. You didn't show up at WrestleMania. It's very disappointing and the only way to rectify this is if John Cena comes out and explains why this is in the case. Maybe at the point of he wants to ruin wrestling, so he wanted to ruin that experience for us. Whatever it is, it doesn't excuse the Rock not being there, and it doesn't just sending Travior Scott, who no one cares about and everyone knows that he has no business being there. I love Travis Scott as an artist as a rapper, but there is no place for him to be involved so much in storyline as he is at the moment unless he's getting a massive chair to the face, which didn't happen. So he's going to be a major contributor to John Cena winning his seventeenth volt, which is great. I have to say congratulations to John Cena on winning his seventeenth That is massive, that is huge. I can't believe WW actually did it, but I'm glad that they did. Again, I expected this to happen, but I just wanted it to happen much much more better. And maybe they did this because because I'm trying to think now without getting my emotions in the way, maybe I'm trying to find reasons. Maybe they did it because they wanted to make sure John Cena won without The Rock being overstepping or being in his shadow. But again I think the Rock had to be involved in this. I also did hope and this was something that was pretty interesting that I saw all over the internet that maybe Paul Hayman or Seth Rowlands could have intervened here to create a crazy corporate sell out faction to bring everyone involved, to bring Sampung, to bring Roman Mans, to bring Cody Rhods all involved. Finding this faction would have been something intriguing, but again I think also would have been a bit over complicated as well. But again, John Cena is a seventeen time world champion and that is huge. Obviously this is going to happen because it's his first heel match and he's got a whole year of his last run to give to us. So let's see how this goes. Let's see what happens tomorrow. I think the WrestleMania of the rule after WrestleMania is always important because it kind of explains everything that happened, So really excited for that. As a rating out of ten, I'm going to give this WrestleMania a seven, six and a half out of ten, I think Night two resurrected this. The ending was a bit underwhelming, but again on the contrary, the match card on Night one was underwhelming, but it ended on a very good main event here, but nothing that was super super crazy, nothing that blew my mind away. The matches were cool. The results I did like most of them, but again, it's really hard to really feel good about WrestleMania when I got left with that end result, and I think that's just got to do with the Rock not showing up, which really disappoints me. But anyway, it is the main event show. But given that it is WrestleMania, it only made sense that I put out my review on that as well.
Speaker 2: So thank you guys for tuning in.
Speaker 4: Now, with all the heat of WrestleMania out the window, we'll be back to regular programming of main event reviews with Raw and SmackDown sprinkled in as well, given that that has been on the television program. But yep, it's been your boy, Daniel. I. We'll catch you guys next week.
Speaker 5: Take care, Thanks for listening to the WWE podcast. Don't forget to subscribe on your favorite podcast app so you don't miss a show, or head to wwepodcast dot com and for all of these shows add free head over to Patreon dot com slash WWE podcast. Until then, we'll see you next time.