Speaker 1: All right, kind of marinate the chicken over your back.
Speaker 2: Cristina, Oh my god, that's so good.
Speaker 1: Did you hear that?
Speaker 2: He wes through Cristina, what's happening next?
Speaker 3: I heard with Evan with I'll show You're gonna ruin dead except for simmer sweet pursuing it told out Shaw Shank through the sewer. Kid, Now what chilling at day Eagle?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We two in in three o'clock on the dock.
Speaker 3: Got a habit for my house, a gold status Howard starting to get crattic shows that enough multiplied like a rabbit.
Speaker 4: Tune in, zone out.
Speaker 1: Creak it up, beat the habit. I want want to.
Speaker 5: Hang out with the friends, rocking on the radio, my home, throwing on moist.
Speaker 1: Talking on the radio. It's time to to just walk again.
Speaker 2: Oh baby baby Kat to Dustinia, All up home Alradio, Happy Friday, everybody, the world Famous Ben and Skin Show, All hands on deck, Ben Rogers, Jeff skin Wad, Kevin kt Turner, Christina Carey, a little baby, corn bread ray a Votemeal pizza.
Speaker 1: We got a great show planned for you.
Speaker 2: But I want to get right into something that happened to me last night that was so bizarre. I had some time to kill. I had to go pick up my wife at Lovefield Airport. Told you guys this yesterday, and her flight was delayed by thirty minutes. It was like a ten pm arrival, and to drive from Salina to love Field Airport and back to Salina at like ten o'clock and so.
Speaker 6: And we should also say that our station right now is about twenty minutes from love Field, So you had to decide I'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go all the way north from work.
Speaker 2: I went all the way home, and so while I was at home, I was like, I got some time to kill.
Speaker 1: So of course I decided to drop into for Dance Incredible.
Speaker 2: There were people that needed to be saved, there was justice that needed to be served, and so I got an invite on the game from Michael Hickson, Doctor Peppa Hickson. That guy's great. He is a savage. He's the type of guy who you play a game with him. He might kill forty people in the game, and I might on average. I'm on the mode that I like to play YEP is casual, so it means there's a bunch of bots in there with real people. The bots are super easy to kill. I don't care. I love cash mode. I'd play with full bots. I have no shame. But in that mode he might drop a forty bomb. He's insane. He's really good. He's like the John Wick of cod But you can't play duos, and so you have to play with two strangers. Okay, So it's me and Hickson and we start the game and we have two other guys on our team. Now, sometimes those guys are have microphones, sometimes they don't. Sometimes you mute him you don't want to hear him. Sometimes they're in another sometimes they're in Mexico they don't speak English, or from one of those weird places. Well, it's just you never know. It's like a box of chocolate. You never know what you're gonna get.
Speaker 6: Wait, so let me ask you, because I really don't know. If two randos join you, do you end up balling with them all night or as soon as that round is over, they're gone.
Speaker 2: You have the option of continuing with your squad if you gel and do well, or just saying peace and get out.
Speaker 1: I love that gel and do well. That's dope.
Speaker 2: So these guys, it was two guys that joined me and Hickson, and you ever, never have an idea if the other two guys know each other or not. It could be total random solos, just playing with random people. And so the first thing you do when you start playing is like, hey, do you guys have mics? Because if you can't communicate, it's harder to win.
Speaker 1: We like to win. It's like playing with your kids.
Speaker 2: You can't communicate, and so if you can't hear them they don't even have microphones, aren't even trying to talk to you, then it's like, oh, this is gonna suck. So right off the rip, these guys are like, yeah, we have mics, right, and let's go. I'm like, okay, do you guys know each other? And like, yeah, we know each other. So it was two twosome's playing together to make up a force them and they could be anywhere in the world. Ben it could be anywhere in the world. And I get a cute One time I was playing with some guys and I asked, like where they're from, and this guy goes, okay, Boomer, we don't need a whole interview with us, like just shut up and play. Like so I'm just having small talking love that guy. Yeah, yeah, clear calls I'm like, hey.
Speaker 1: How you doing that? Where you are?
Speaker 2: But I am always curious and sometimes they're like I said, they're in Mexico. I think there's a regional thing. So sometimes it's like Texas. It's not uncommon to have someone be in Texas or Oklahoma or Missouri or Arkansas or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think it's to do with the servers you're on. I'm not sure. So anyways, I'm like.
Speaker 2: Uh, where you guys. They're like, we're in Texas. And we were like, oh, so are we what part of Texas? And I said, I'm on that prosperous Line of border in that area and they go, oh, interesting, Well I'm in Van Alstein and the other guy was somewhere else and I was like, okay, so yeah, you guys, you guys know the prosper area Prosperous Line area pretty well. And they were like you could say that, and I hear them laughing, and I'm like, what is happening here? So I said, okay, so if you go to Prosperous Line it very much. Have you ever been to Rollertown? It's a brewer we're invested in. I didn't have to say that I didn't have to clarify that. I said, have you ever been to Rollertown?
Speaker 6: And they may have already known because very few people say I'm right there on that prosperous line of border and saying it in spots for years.
Speaker 2: So one of the guys goes, wait, is this Ben or Skin? I was like, what is happening here? These two strangers? It could be anywhere in the world. And uh, I go, this has Ben and he goes, oh, I've been in your house. I was like, what is happening here? This is so crazy, So this could be anywhere in the world. This guy's been in my house. I was like, he goes, see if you can guess what it is. He goes, I actually woke you up.
Speaker 1: In a special way.
Speaker 6: I'm like, yeah, this was the threesome you had.
Speaker 2: No, this is not that. No, No, your mom was not involved. Okay, Okay, she's listening. Okay, sorry, but I love you gator. Uh that one of James. Next time you say sorry, that was Kevin. It sounded like.
Speaker 1: She's got a machete killing Cobra's. He goes, what that fat assay?
Speaker 2: Uh So So anyways, Uh, it turns out that these guys were police officers, and they've been at my house because I told the story that my wife had the flu. We were sleeping in different rooms many years ago. She was in the master bedroom. I was in the guest room. And she suffers from vasovagel, so sometimes she'll just pass out if she's nauseous. She got up to throw up that night and passed out and hit her head on a corner of a metal table. So she started bleeding perfume there and the floor passed out. She woke up called me. I did not answer husband of the year. I slept through her calls. I was in the guest room. He'd been doing opium all night. I missed all of her calls. And then she got up, walked a little bit over and fell down again, bled in a whole new place there on the floor. And so she eventually couldn't get me to answer the phone because I was so asleep.
Speaker 1: She called nine to one one.
Speaker 2: The police came, and there get in and there come to this room that's covered in blood and she's wounded, and they're like, where is your husband? And later she joked about it, she goes, I should have told him that you ran off from map, but she goes, he's asleep.
Speaker 1: I can't get him to wake up in the guest room.
Speaker 2: So this officer came and woke me up in my house and now he's playing cod with him. And the other officer was like, you know, I pulled your son over. He goes, remember we called. I was like, oh my god, So I played with these two police officers who I knew.
Speaker 1: Are you all going to like exchange numbers and play together all the time? I play together every time. I told him.
Speaker 2: I was like, you guys are a police officers. You better have some good ass aim in this game. This is a return of law enforcement.
Speaker 7: Ben.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm definitely gonna do a ride along. I love leb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right there, Yeah, there is the weird story from last night skin What's coming up in Things skin Weight is tracking. Okay, my daughter came home here stand told me a crazy story that really shocked me.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you that next.
Speaker 4: Track, another edition of Things is tracking.
Speaker 6: I got a crazy story for you guys. My daughter, my sweet daughter, is a leasing agent, and so she's at apartment complex and she goes and shows people, hey, here's the apartment, and then they sign or they don't sign or whatever, and sometimes she'll come home and how'd your day go, baby girl?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: You know, I had four showings and some of these people were and sing blah blah blah. Well, a few weeks ago she told me about one particular person she showed an apartment to, and it sounded very Chris Chris. You guys remember Chris. Chris was a character that and Keith did on the Ticket, and he was a young, uptown, douchey sales guy that was super status oriented and told Liz all the time to make himself feel more important than he was. Okay, and she's describing describing this guy, it's like, well she was. She was like, he said that his mom owned the largest vitamin company in the world and that he only flies private, and then he asked me if my shoes were Gucci, and I'm like, god, this sounds like a douche mag yeah, you know, and She's like, pretty much everything that came out of his mouth was a lie. And I was like, all right, well that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience. Didn't think another thing about it. So yesterday she gets home and I was like, how's your day?
Speaker 1: Baby girl.
Speaker 6: She was like, well, I a guy I had to do a you know, I guess I forget. The term shoes is when the person actually leave. It's they called a move in. The person that leased the apartment is moving in. And it was the same guy from a month ago. He was moving in and she said. She goes, yeah, he said the weirdest thing.
Speaker 1: She said.
Speaker 6: In the middle of this, he goes, you're so soft spoken. Is it is it hereditary or your mom and dad soft spoken? She goes, well, actually, my dad's the opposite. He has a job where he talks for a living. And he goes, oh, really, well what does he do? And so she started to tell him who I was and what I did. He goes, oh, I hate that guy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. That's all.
Speaker 6: Let's get this guy in the air. It gets better. Why do you hate him? Well, he's having an affair with my ex wife.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what.
Speaker 6: What he said to my daughter? My daughter goes, what you just said my dad did. And he goes, oh, oh, well who is he again?
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 6: And then she goes, well, I'll show you a picture of him, and she he goes, oh no, no, no, He asked he goes, she goes, He goes, what does he look like? And he goes, She goes, he's kind of tall and skin He goes, Oh, no, this is a fat guy.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it's me.
Speaker 6: I don't know that. But she was just like, why would a person I mean, it's clearly a lie? Ye, why would a guy even say that? If it's just everything that falls out of your mouth is a lie. And so as he's telling her this, and I'm sitting there thinking, there's probably lots of people out there that are saying horrible things about us out there in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, have you ever thought about that?
Speaker 8: I thought, for an acute accusation like that, that like she could just like hear that him not actually validate it and she go to your wife or you. Yeah, that could cause a lot of drama, like unnecessary drama.
Speaker 6: I think this guy has a lot of drama in his life. Wow, Like, based on every single thing he told her was pretty much a lie. Now, I had that going for me in the story because I mean, to your point, think about how she could have reacted to that. And her first reaction was like, Uh, what are you making up about my dad right now? But that's a pretty intense thing for your daughter to come home and tell you. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. Well, she didn't panic and call you immediately, No, call her mom.
Speaker 1: She didn't.
Speaker 6: She In fact, it's funny, like my wife is sitting there kind of laughing at the story. Yeah you know, because I mean, clearly he's gonna have sex with men.
Speaker 1: You don't have time to have an affair, no, no, anything, You just don't have time.
Speaker 6: I've spent so much time thinking about how could I do this, and I just can't come up with the opportunity to do it.
Speaker 2: All right, but that's a pretty uh yeah, lets google that guy. Yeah, all right, good stuff. Things getting weight to tracking. Coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle. Why did Diddy almost get thrown out of the courtroom? That's coming up next. News Hot God, come.
Speaker 4: Stay out the time.
Speaker 7: All right, got a couple of stories. We'll tell you why did he almost got thrown out of court?
Speaker 1: Yesterday?
Speaker 7: But first, Ben Tom Cruise in the News Let's go. He has earned a Guinness World Record for performing the most what.
Speaker 1: And he guesses?
Speaker 4: Tom Cruise.
Speaker 2: Tom Cruise is in the Guinness Book of Worlds Record for performing the most what.
Speaker 7: Sixteen of these he has performed and it is a Guinness World record?
Speaker 1: Okay, celebrity handies, sir?
Speaker 2: Is it Shandy's Shandy stunts wearing lifts?
Speaker 7: Okay, that's a great guest dude, No, that's a great How dare you say that about your new family best friend?
Speaker 2: But we can joke with each other like that, Jack, is it scientology seminars?
Speaker 1: No? Yeah, I think that.
Speaker 2: Gal from that King of the Queen's probably gotten be It is something that happened in the Final Reckoning that you saw, and oh.
Speaker 1: Good, I can't wait to see it again. Plain stunts.
Speaker 2: By the way, I had somebody reach out to me and ask specifically if they could be on a movie podcast, will be because no one I work with like good movies and I'm looking into it.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 2: All of you can sit on the outside and watch me talk about badass movies and ask you to go with a tear.
Speaker 7: Mad about movies podcast? Is that the one? Let's see it's so it's a stunt? Does that have to do with being underwater?
Speaker 1: It is not underwater, but it is a stunt. Okay you ready? No, I know, oh you know it yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh uh, running so fast your face looks like it's going to peel backwards.
Speaker 1: No, he has earned.
Speaker 7: A Guinness World Record for performing six burning parachute jumps.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? So he just jumping with a parachute that's on fire.
Speaker 7: It's jump involved his parachute being set on fire midair as part of the high risk plane sequence.
Speaker 6: Remember when we had a boss that went to burning parachute man.
Speaker 7: He said, if this is twisted while it's burning, I'm going to be spinning and burnt and I have to kick out of the twist and then ignite in ten seconds.
Speaker 1: Very confusing.
Speaker 8: Uh, but he did it sixteen times, Like that's terrifying. Just one time to do it sixteen freaking times. Oh that was just like his motorcycle jump off that cliff.
Speaker 4: He did that.
Speaker 8: I forget how many times in that last mission. Impossible, It's insane.
Speaker 1: It's like the only way he can get off. I guess, well.
Speaker 7: We've heard about this, like what Leo Leonardo DiCaprio needs. Yeah, I want to even get some semblance. I want to take a step back a rock. Christina.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can be on my movie podcast. Thank you, beg because you're you like good movies. I heard it your voice there. You're not a movie snob, but you're not a movie eliteist like these two bitches.
Speaker 8: I just appreciate him doing insane stunts like that, like you would never in a million years due maybe if I got paid as much as him.
Speaker 6: Do you do you appreciate it like in the movie or do you just appreciate it later talking about it when he's telling friends about the stunt, like did it make the Olympics better?
Speaker 1: When he actually it did. That's pretty cool. And the Phoenix performance was great. I thought it was cool until Jimmy Fallon started talking. Yeah, we'll just tune that out and just listen to Phoenix. That was the best part of it. You guys hate too much stuff that angry. I don't even love to that already.
Speaker 2: You're the robins in the side gardets, Batman Motorcycle.
Speaker 1: Now You're loved, Thank you seventeen.
Speaker 2: You love Jimmy Fallon, you love his interviews.
Speaker 7: You're like, we're just hurling fake stuff, like the guy at the apartment.
Speaker 6: You like when you like when someone just kind of is there, they're two sentences into their story and he fake laughs so hard he falls out of a chair and it slides off.
Speaker 1: Jimmy out of it.
Speaker 7: He's done nothing here now, Normally I'll give him a hard time. But let's talk about this movie thing. I and not a movie at least, I han't seen enough movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a that's part of it. If you choose not.
Speaker 2: You had a chance to go see Mission Impossible, the final reckoning and sneak preview. You were like, I'm good. And then you had a chance. You had a chance to go hang out with Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: You're like, I'm good. The only I really didn't. It didn't do much for me. Honestly.
Speaker 6: The only reason I did not see Mission Impossible eight is because I want to see them in order, and I missed the first seven and I didn't want to ninety seven.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fair, So I'm gonna have a You're just worried you're gonna bump into your friends from your film degree and they're.
Speaker 1: Gonna go, dude, I heard you some Mission Impossible. You suck.
Speaker 6: Now, let me tell you something about those people from my film degree.
Speaker 2: None of us like each other. None about the friends. You all hate each other's work. After Oh, you're worrying that. Oh my god, I would I just did a road Runner laugh. I did a Machine done, tummy good left, I'd go see a road Runner movie. Okay, Uh, there's gonna be one. Okay if it was done? Yeah, what what do you got? So we're ready for Kyoti Versu acting Yes, oh yeah, with Will Forte.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be awesome. God, I just watched Macgoober again the other night. It's okay, it's not right, yeah, yeah, oh it is. I'm gonna watch. I really do want who has not seen that? I haven't what I've seen it. You've shown me scenes from it, Ben that are hilarious. You've seen it?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: No, My buddy can't hate me for it.
Speaker 7: He who hosts the mat About Movies podcast, Right, He's like, dude, I can't believe you claim to be an SNL guy. You haven't seen mcgrueber And I'm like, it's every one of my favorite sketches. In fact, I hated the Macgoomer sketch.
Speaker 2: He goes, it's it's so many cliches make fun of Rambo and I don't want to spoil anything for it, but I do want to tell you the scene they go The general comes and finds him in a village.
Speaker 1: He's retired. Now, no, he's the bad guy.
Speaker 2: The generals like mcgoober, you know, we need you, like the world's in danger, and he's like, no, I'm here now, these are my people. All I care about is this small village. And a little kid runs up and steals his chain and runs off.
Speaker 1: He goes, hey, get back here. He's a little piece of like.
Speaker 2: They hate him and they don't even care about him. So then he goes and he decides to take the job. And he goes and puts this super team together of like seven giant guys that are all all like Rambo badasses, and he gets them all in a van and he goes, all right, they're about to leave to go on the mission.
Speaker 1: He goes, I got to go talk to the brass and so.
Speaker 2: He goes over to talk to the suits and while he's talking to him, they're trying to get Ryan Philippe is trying to join his team. They're trying to force him on his team. He goes, no, I've got my team. They're all in that van. They've got, you know, eighty years of combined military service, and they're all in that van with forty pounds of C four that I packed myself with my own bear.
Speaker 1: Blows up. Someone called that one.
Speaker 4: What man?
Speaker 1: He simples a super team and immediately puts up.
Speaker 2: He kills the ball when he's assembling the team with a music montage and he's going to find them in their new life what they're doing.
Speaker 1: And they're all like, I'm on the team. And one of the giant guys is a mechanic.
Speaker 2: But he starts kissing another man during the montage, so he scratches his name off.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like him. Joy he can't have anomo.
Speaker 7: So he's like the Ray Davis of assembling Super time.
Speaker 1: OK. Let's go see if he can keep it going next week. Okay he did.
Speaker 7: He was warned he was getet tossed from the courtroom yesterday because he kept making faces at the jury. What the judge getting mad? They're like, hey, stop at the faces of the jury. He's getting kicked out of court. So he's somebod there trying to interact with the jurors. You know what he's doing. He's licking his lips and pointing down.
Speaker 2: Is he trying to get one juror who likes freak offs, like get me out of here, I'll get you into a freak off.
Speaker 1: Or is he is even.
Speaker 2: Baby oil all over his face or is he looking at them trying to intimidate them? You mean mugging him, Yeah, mean mugging like I'm if you if you put me in prison, I will have you killed.
Speaker 1: And well it was.
Speaker 6: It's serious now because if if you're famous, you're more than likely going to get pardoned.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're king.
Speaker 6: I mean if you just ever once like said something nice about the guy, you'll get pardon.
Speaker 7: That's having tossed out there that yes was Yeah, that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: We're in that era, man.
Speaker 7: But also I also do think without knowing because we have evidence here. But for a guy that was not like uh, found guilty of something, it is well that he spent like almost.
Speaker 1: A year in jail, like with all the money he had to that. You know, do you know why you need to be in jail for a year.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because he found guilty of it. No, but they think he's a flight risk. Yeah, because when they went to raid his home he fled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he had an appointment. I'm just saying they can do that if they think you're a flight risk.
Speaker 7: The other name for freak offs we found from a a woman who's taking the stand.
Speaker 1: Her name is Jane.
Speaker 7: Jane Doe is a freak offs also were called hotel nights, hotel nights trapping. Very often there would be drugs and then another guy watching, another girthy guy watching, and.
Speaker 1: A rough deal.
Speaker 4: Did you have to add that? You did?
Speaker 1: But why did that grosser out? Like if some normal guys? She was Okay, did you hear that?
Speaker 8: It's that word, you know, it's one of those words kind of like gerber, girthy.
Speaker 1: With the y on the end of it.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, can you ever use that word like when you're setting the trap and like impress a girl. That's that's what it is because of the implication.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right right right.
Speaker 7: Then going the penis flat trap, you know, when you're trying to incarcerator.
Speaker 1: Oh wait what, all right, let's move on.
Speaker 2: Church on a Sunday. Yeah, we said too much? Coming up next? Wait, we're doing a star story. Yes, we're doing it in three minutes.
Speaker 6: Don't go to her before all right, it's the Beening Skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle.
Speaker 1: You know, I love music stories.
Speaker 6: Coming up at the top of the hour in music News, Kati has a story about one of the most popular songs in the world that almost didn't happen.
Speaker 1: We'll give you the details of all of that coming up here. Oh like fifteen measure. It's got a little at the clock. But right now it's time for this. No wait, we're doing a star story.
Speaker 7: No one's all that coming up this morning. Got this in my inbox around ten am around there.
Speaker 1: Quote.
Speaker 7: After careful consideration, we believe that a new voice is needed in our locker room to push us closer to the goal of winning the Stanley Cup. We'd like to thank Pete de Boor for everything that he has helped with our our organization.
Speaker 1: A chief blah blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 7: So three straight conference finals, goes to the conference finals three years in a row and gets fired.
Speaker 1: Relieved of duties?
Speaker 4: Is what the uh?
Speaker 7: What the what the pressure? He says, relieved of his head coaching duties. How they spell duty d U t I E s to what you would normally spell it.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, very weird, but you can kind of feel it going this way.
Speaker 7: After he absolutely took a dump over on the goalie. Uh hey during the elimination game, yanked him after two shots and they're down two to oh, and then you know they had a chance to win that game if you don't like, put the backup goalie in who's not really thinking he's going to play that day, all day long.
Speaker 1: In an elimination game.
Speaker 7: And then you know kind of said, hey, man, six of seven games to Edmonton and we've lost them all and just kind of put it all on him. And I don't think the guys in the locker room really liked that. No, but this is the story with Pete de Boor. We just saw this with the Nicks and their head coaches got fired. To Tom Thibodeau, he goes and he doesn't stay at places very long because he's kind of a hard ass. I think Pete's kind of known as that too.
Speaker 6: Did you see the uh what's his name? Sean Shapiro said that there's no I forget how he worded it, but nothing. Audinger did not go and complain yeaheah, No, it was basically his teammates going in there and saying, hey, this is why, yes, and you know, Pete basically said Look, I wasn't putting it all on him, but then he started talking about him even more so it seemed kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Andre's very good. He's an All Star.
Speaker 7: You wanted to be a little better, but he's an All Star and he signed through twenty thirty three.
Speaker 6: What's it their talk that he's the second best American goalie? Like when they do that, you know, the world gums with the World Games, the World Cup or whatever they call it, where they it's halfway.
Speaker 7: Through the ordinations thing. Yeah, because the guy who started was the Winnipeg goal Yeah, and he backed that guy up, yeah, who we beat? Right, So I don't know, very strange, but I was thinking, okay, there's that, and I was like, okay, so we got shoddy. Everyone's kind of joing about what's happening with Brian Schottenheimer's. He's taking everyone out to eat and he's playing ping pong and just dapping and we're having fun rinking players feel good. Well, we're gonna talk later in the show about Jason Kidd and how the Knicks are maybe trying to trade for him.
Speaker 1: M h Man.
Speaker 7: No one's talking about the legend Bruce Bochie right now, because the way the Rangers lost last night and the way they've been playing over the last month, I'm kind of wondering they've already hired the manager in waiting, Skip Shoemaker.
Speaker 1: He's ready to go. What is his story? I'm just thinking, I'm not just a story. This is an opinion. No, I'm saying, what a Skip Shoemaker story?
Speaker 7: He was in Miami for a long time, and he's a young guy, and he's he's hired, and he's in the front office now, and he was hired because he will take over when Boach he's gone.
Speaker 1: Got as long as he gets along with it. Oh wait, what do you think about this, Boach? Well it Sky does a good job.
Speaker 4: He does a good job.
Speaker 2: And that reality is I probably could have been a little better, and we all got to try to get better every day, and he could probably do a better job than me.
Speaker 1: I think we probably should give him a shot. Boach, are you a cartoon bear? I kind of you visualize me like a bear. It makes more sense when I'm talking, But I really am not a bear. I'm really a man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not a cat.
Speaker 1: I think they should.
Speaker 7: Consider let's go firing Bruce Bouchie, Kevin Turner, the hottest sports opinions in town.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 7: Everything we were saying is like Chris Junk's pissed, he's making moves, he's urgent. This is a built to win now team. Yeah, the farm's not good enough to start messing around and you can't just you know, really playing on the future, like this.
Speaker 1: Is a win now team.
Speaker 7: And if Chris Young is that urgent, well what's the most urgent thing you could do? Fire an old guy that's checked out? So they lost last night and some of the dumb stuff that's been happening with them, and then for whatever reason, why at Langford won't swing at a first pitch that's right down the middle of the plate.
Speaker 6: It's just confusing. Did you guys go back and watch what happened on that final play last night? Watched it live and it was frustrating.
Speaker 2: So basically, you know, they come Texas has the lead onmost the entire and the other thing is frustrating is Simeon is hitting now yeah I got two yeah?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 6: And so basically where the bases loaded last night, so it's a chopper to second uh, and the pitcher didn't get over to cover first in time.
Speaker 7: And so Josh Smith's playing first base and tried to go, make you play it second?
Speaker 1: What's he doing?
Speaker 6: So he's looking around, going, oh, hell, I don't know where to go, and then the winning run is crossing home plate as he too late fired. I mean, it's just when you're losing all the time, and then that sort of stuff happens on the bottom of the night.
Speaker 2: The night before, Rocker was covering first and he casually got over to first base, didn't get there in time, and he's just looking around. The guy just kept running and scored, and Basket was on the broadcast goes, well, it looks like Rocker forgot there was a baseball game.
Speaker 1: Like they sent Rocker down the next day.
Speaker 7: Dude, Bassie is great at this role. So this is so good for him.
Speaker 6: You know, one of the things that they should consider, because again you're talking about firing a legend shake things up. Do you know what none of these players are expecting that would really shake things up, A very over the top, flamboyant gay pride celebration like they're the only team in sports it doesn't do it. And so what if like they had like a Flaming Hot Tuesday, and like almost like a Broadway musical in between every inning, like super Gay.
Speaker 7: Oh, Drag Queen's doing Drag Bunch, Yes, I like it.
Speaker 1: I'm like they're in the Savannah Bananas all right.
Speaker 2: Coming up next in music News, why one of the most popular songs in the world almost never happened.
Speaker 1: That's next.
Speaker 6: It's The Bin and Skin Show ninety seven point one The Eagle. One of the things that we have been tracking incredibly closely is this zebra story. And I don't mean the Chris Arnold Fuel City zebra. I mean the one that's running around in the wild. Is that in Tennessee? Where is that thing Kevin called the Ridge Mountain? What's it called, Murphysboro, Tennessee, Murphy's bro called the City Hall. We've got resolution on that, and we're gonna get to it here in about eighteen minutes or so.
Speaker 1: But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 10: Mountains around the sports KG quints as all the sports.
Speaker 7: Huge softball game tonight, the College World Series softball game. Fine, oh we're not doing that, okay, Game one of the NBA Finals last night. It is actually good Texas and Texas Tech Texas Tech just gave their pitcher who's going to pitch for the third night in the Road to Night, another seven digit in io deal for next year.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 7: So this is kind of it is kind of interesting. Patrick Mahomes is there and all stuff.
Speaker 1: Who cares? So NBA Finals got kicked olf last night?
Speaker 7: Yep, and it went off and uh, you know, I was at halftime kind of a little boards is little service is kind of how the series is going to be. But we should have known by now. Don't you sleep on the Indianapolis Pacers. The Indiana Pacers. Don't you sleep on them because they got the juice and they may not have the best player in the league and they may not have this future dynasty going on, but they have the juice and that outweighs anything.
Speaker 1: Right now, it's happening. It's like the hot goalie in hockey. This feels meant to be.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 6: You know, my wife asked me going into this series, who are you pulling for? And I think I've told you guys this before. Generally, if I have no attachment to the teams, all I want is I want it to be exciting and then I'll find whatever whatever I'm pulling for will just happen naturally. It's not something I'll go into and decide. I get caught into the emotion of whatever it is. And I realized last night at the So basically, if you didn't know anything about the game, Indiana had nineteen turnovers in the first half. They played twenty four minutes of basketball and had nineteen turnovers. Nineteen turnovers in a game is terrible. They had nineteen and a half and they were sitting there down twelve on the road at halftime, and I was like, how is this even possible? And then during the third quarter, I was having a conversation phone conversation with Ben and I'd paused it, so then Ben and I, you know, hung up, and I kind of got caught up. There was some moments in the third quarter where Indiana kind of got it to eight or nine, but they never really broke through. And then at the beginning of the fourth quarter, Oklahoma City built up big lead, got it to fifteen, and they were hooting and hollering and lou Dortz was draining threes and I was like, yeah, that sucks, man.
Speaker 2: I wanted this to be a better game. And then suddenly you look up. It's like, okay, it's an eight point game. And then suddenly Myles Turner hits a three and you're like, uh, it's a five point game. And then what happens is everything that's gone on during this playoff run, in which they've had a huge comeback win against Milwaukee, a huge comeback win against the Knicks, and a huge comeback win against Cleveland, they're this like team of destiny and you start sitting there going, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, it's gonna happen again. It's gonna happen again.
Speaker 6: And dude, there was a moment with about I think a minute and a half or two minutes to go, and Tyrese Haliburton goes in the lane. They're down four, and he kicks it out to Miles Turner for a wide open three and he bricks it and Oklahoma City goes down and scores, and you're like, okay, they had their chance. Then it got back up to eight, and you're like, all right, they had their chance. It didn't happen, But I'll be damn man, this team does.
Speaker 1: Not give up.
Speaker 7: And so many wild things happen, and they got to stop down one with eight seconds to go, Rick doesn't call it time out and Haliburton just dribbles down and hits a game winner.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I uh.
Speaker 2: I was picking my wife up from the airport and she goes, is there some big game happening right now? I was like, why she goes? The airport just erupted And it was right after that shot was made by Haliburt, and I was like, dang it, because I chose not to watch that game because I was convinced it wasn't going to be close.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm now on the Pacers bandwagon.
Speaker 7: It's it's it's this feels like the Raptors a couple of years ago too, though, And you know the Raptors lost. That's good, that's good, but it feels like this is kind of like, Okay, this could happen. And because one guy's playing otherworldly and crunch.
Speaker 1: Time like Kai and you know who was on that team helped me out?
Speaker 6: Oh yes, that wasm's third year and he was talking the other day about Man, I thought I was going to go to the finals every other year that was new in the league, and we won this championship and I didn't realize. So he's soaking it up and man, It's what I realized watching last night's game is that I was like, Indiana is not going to be back here. I mean, they've maximized this team.
Speaker 1: Dude.
Speaker 6: Now the East is pretty wide open, but I would be surprised that they got back there and a lot of it. Did you guys see the clip going around as Steve Nash and Lebron James talking about Indiana's offense, Yeah, it's really fun. And so I was watching that last night and I didn't have a rooting interest going in, and then as the game was getting tight, I started pulling for Indiana and I didn't have to think about It's just what I wanted to happen. And I realized last night after the game, I was like, man, I'm pulling for Indiana because.
Speaker 1: Oklahoma City is going to be back be around around.
Speaker 2: I Mean, one one thought I had was, man, I want Oklahoma City to win, because once your belly's full of that championship sports meet, it's hard to stay hungry. And I know they're gonna be good for so long that I thought maybe it would be hard for them to go back to back. Yeah, but I just I hate them, and so I'm rooting against them in every possible way. Yeah, I just can't stand Lou dort way too physical, and I just feel like Sga is a free throw hunter.
Speaker 1: I'm just not a fan.
Speaker 2: I don't like them and I hate him because they're a huge rival and they're gonna be good for a long time.
Speaker 6: It's one of the things that's insane too, is just the evolution of Rick Carlisle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, he's truly a basketball genius. He adapts to any period of time, any movement in basketball, he adapts and he gets ahead of it, like he was coaching Pacer teams that were winning games eighty six to eighty. I remember when we got him, and at the time, you know, I didn't know that much about him, but I followed the Pacers, And one of the reasons we got him is because Avery's offense was so stagnant. And I remember my commentary at the time we were on the ticket. My commentary was, we got Rick Carlile to open up our offense. We're fed that guy's the biggest control freak. Every single possession he calls a play. This is not going to be a free flowing offense. But dude, he adapts to whatever the moment is in basketball, and I don't know that a team has ever played as wild ass as the Pacers play.
Speaker 1: It's like fun, it's.
Speaker 6: Fun in frenetic and he is okay not calling a time out on the road for a game winning play.
Speaker 7: Go do it, Tyres. I mean that is an evolution, right, They're proven that he deserves to just go do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And every time he does something great, I'm like, Man, the whole league voted him most overrated player.
Speaker 1: Isn't it great?
Speaker 6: I went back and watched the clip last night of when they asked him about it at the press conference, and he handled it great. He handled it wonderfully. Man, It's fun. It is a fun, fun series in his own. Hey, let's do a little wildlife news, shall we?
Speaker 1: Coming up next?
Speaker 6: What's the latest on that zebra on the loose right around the Eagle.
Speaker 4: Well, the wild life, the wild life.
Speaker 7: Earlier in the week, we discussed the missing zebra in Tennessee. It had been transported there from Texas. Botiwere in Texas. It was in Tennessee and it was on the loose. A couple passerbys in the highway getting video of it and things like that. I called the city hall of Murphysboro, Tennessee, one of the one of the towns in that area. Uh, and if you missed it, we'll just play that so you can kind of set the scene and.
Speaker 1: Then I have an update on the zebra. Okay, good morning.
Speaker 7: Hi, my name is Frank. I just had a quick question. I don't know if I'm at in the right department. Did you ever find that zebra that's on the loose. No, it's still out there. Yeah, that's crazy. I saw it on the news. It looks like a dead gumbe QR code running around. So I was down there in Eagleville a couple of days ago, and uh, you know on the near the the the Lingis family, you know, Connie and the zebra was there and he said, I'll be white black. Okay, It's it's just kind of crazy. I can't believe we haven't found the zebra yet. I mean, there's no gray area here, just black and white.
Speaker 1: You know, I got you. Do you think we're gonna find it? I don't know. Can I help you with something?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 7: Oh man, he can help me with a lot of things, if we're being honest.
Speaker 1: Been looking into doing some budgeting. Okay, how can I help you? We got to find that zebra first though, priorities, ma'am. Well, I've got I'm on a switchboard, so if I can't help you, I need to hang up. Yep, yep, all right, rock on. I love you, Okay.
Speaker 2: So I love the idea of not actually doing budgeting, just looking at.
Speaker 7: Doing some budgeting. Considering it. It did sound like she was willing to help me out if I had to. How much should I spend on this? And we allocate on the bills. Now here's from this.
Speaker 1: Morning, all right, mersel I had there some.
Speaker 2: B four news today starts now with this breaking news.
Speaker 11: Ever, good morning, It's say fifty eight on Amanda Hearra that breaking news. The escaped pet zebra has been found in Rutherford County.
Speaker 1: The Sheriff's office says that a.
Speaker 11: Drone captured the animal in a field near Christiana this morning. Deputies are now tracking it with a drone. They want people to avoid the area of Middle Fork Stones River next to I twenty four because they don't want to spook the animal. They have notified the owner and asked for a veterinarian to respond to the scene.
Speaker 1: As they work to capture it. Stefano.
Speaker 7: So they haven't absolutely captured it, but they're now tracking it.
Speaker 8: She said.
Speaker 1: A veteran arian, A veteran know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Looking like someone that's very proud of their white race and they've served the military, or they're very proud of their white race and they have been for a long time and for a long time.
Speaker 1: They're weigh into So let me.
Speaker 7: Read this from CBS News to see here. And escaped zebra named Ed has been spotted nearly after a week after escaping its owners in Tennessee. Using a drone, they saw the zebra in a field. Okay, so we got that. This is the confusing part to me. The zebra was originally brought to the property of the owners, Taylor and Laura Ford, on Friday night, but on Saturday, the animal was seen running along a highway and then escaped into a wooded area. The Ford family originally named the zebra Zeke, but as the public weighed in during the search, they decided.
Speaker 1: To use the name Ed. Just call it Zeke, you don't have to, it's not that top.
Speaker 8: It also doesn't horses or zebras don't come to their name right, they're not dogs.
Speaker 1: Why is he Ed the Zebra?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 1: He was named Zeke in the beginning.
Speaker 7: It is.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of confusion here on this whole story.
Speaker 7: It really is, And honestly, as I kind of said, we've the stories, it's not they're still tracking it with a drone.
Speaker 6: They haven't actually Tler's just a drone looking at it and they don't want people to go up and call it the wrong name. Here's the owners of the zebra, the Ford family. Here's what they said.
Speaker 7: Through viral post news coverage and thousands of messages, he became known as Ed the Zebra, and now he will forever be known as Ed, a symbol of joy, laughter and unity. Hey, less time crafting statements, more time getting your barn figured out so the zebra doesn't escape.
Speaker 1: Whose statement is this? The family? Who the owners of the zebra?
Speaker 8: So they're fine with everyone just renaming their zebra.
Speaker 7: And they're having I think they're enjoying this, and like, you've been very irresponsible. That zebra runs out in the highway. Family afford dead if they hit it. That zebra's huge and it's ripped. I'm curious if you if you think about horses in their role in Earth. I like where this is going. They have they have such a prestigious role.
Speaker 2: They were the number one means of transportation for I don't know centuries. Yeah, and dude, now there's horse racing there. You know they're considered athletes. Zebra got the short end of the stick and they don't get any respect for anything.
Speaker 6: Like they have a better paint job. They have a better paint job. They're more of a loner beast.
Speaker 1: Well, the horse.
Speaker 7: I think it's a deeper conversation about the racial divide.
Speaker 1: In this country. Yeah, that's fair, the horse horse racial divide, the horsel horse.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 1: They're small. Zebras are smaller than horses.
Speaker 2: They're not as tall, they way less, and they're not quite as fast.
Speaker 6: This is one of the better zebra segments we've done. Oh yeah, up there, y'all want to do the Today game?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 6: All right, let's do it next to the Today game right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 4: She's interrational, quick triggered nuclear overreactor.
Speaker 1: He's a masterful storyteller.
Speaker 2: Who consistently finds himself trouting in a sea of awkward.
Speaker 4: It's time for no Trundy.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk summer vacations.
Speaker 2: I know a lot of our listeners are planning vacations, will go on vacation at some point, or maybe you're lamenting it, maybe you're worried about it, maybe you're worried about the budget of it all.
Speaker 1: I get that I'm old.
Speaker 2: So my kids are nineteen, seventeen and fourteen, and I look at vacations differently now than I used to. I look at vacations as I'm kind of buying memories here at the end of the game, not really looking at it like I'm about to die tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I could.
Speaker 2: My dad died at sixty three, and I'll be fifty five in November, so you seem older than that, so you know, I don't know. But the point is, my son is nineteen. You know, he's going into sophomore year of college, and he'll pretty soon just have his own house and get married and have his own kids. And so here at the end of the parenting game, I'm trying to create some magic and enjoy some moments with my kids. And We've worked really hard over the course of our career, and there's been times where I couldn't afford to take my family on vacation, made a lot of bad career decisions with you Skin, yep, and had a ton of kids.
Speaker 1: Wanted God, how many plane tickets?
Speaker 4: Is that?
Speaker 2: Definitely too many kids. But I've had some bad jobs. I've been totally broke. I've gone to the ATM before where the balance was negative. Like you know, there's the Jerry Jones moments. Yeah, just not the other opposite end of the Jerry Jones moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I've made a lot of bad financial decisions too. But I say that to say I'm now at a point where, all right, I'm going to invest in this vacation. Now, I subscribe to the Jerry Wade Skin's dad of philosophy on vacations and that you can't save money on vacation.
Speaker 1: You just can't. It's not a smart investment. You just have to. It's like when I go to a casino, I love to win. Like last time we all went, I won big and.
Speaker 2: I was great did But the money I take to that casino, I'm prepared to lose. Right, I'm not counting on it to make rent, right, You're counting on it to have a good time.
Speaker 1: That night and don't exceed that amount.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel that way about vacations, and so I'm investing in a good time. I'm creating memories with my kids. And for many years we couldn't afford to go on vacation. And my older brother's crazy, high roller and rich, so he would just take us on vacation and we'd go with him.
Speaker 1: Nice. You know, it's beautiful.
Speaker 6: I got a rich sister that has a house out in Newport, and so we can go stay at that house for free. And basically we're on a beach in California with a free nice house.
Speaker 1: We've got to pay for the way to get out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's crazy, like it's a it's a great thing to have a rich sibling. Yeah, And so you know, then there was vacations where we would go to the Texas coast. We'd go to Port Ransas because our buddy Braun owns a beach cart company there and it's an inexpensive way.
Speaker 1: It's a nine hour drive go to the beach.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 2: Beach is a brown covered in seaweed. People can drive their trucks on the beach. It's great, not great, shark infested, you know, brown water.
Speaker 1: It's the parking lot of beaches, flesh eating bacteria. Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 2: So I'd always heard skin talk about Turks and cacoas being a great place, and I know a lot of celebrities go there. So once you hear like Oprah or Drake or somebody's going there, you're like, oh, that sounds pretty cool.
Speaker 1: That's in my price range.
Speaker 2: Not in my price But I did get a at a charity function. I was able to buy an auction for an Airbnb to go, and so we were kind of pot committed at that point, and so we went, you know, to Turks and Caicos. But the whole time I was questioning whether I should take my younger two on vacation. I love them, but I don't know that they can really evaluate the difference between crystal clear blue wattle water and brown water, right, I don't know if they care about that while they're fighting with each other, right, you know, and on their phones.
Speaker 8: Well, and it's also I mean, this is a long time ago, but at that age, I didn't want to be with my parents anyway.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right. Yeah, they want no part of being around us.
Speaker 6: Do you want to pay thousands of dollars to have them in the next room full of spite.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we there was one night where okay, so you know this from going to Turks and Kkos skin there's some places that are very expensive to go eat and they're just kind of average.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: But it's hard to get supplies to the islands, so it's understandable, right, And we had struck out a couple places we went that it was this looks bad, this is not going to be good, and so somebody said this restaurant is good, so we'd go. And we walked into this one restaurant and I could tell it was fine dining.
Speaker 1: No, like fine dining.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there we had like six waiters and I was like, oh no, this is going to be bad. And it ended up being a crazy expensive dinner for five of us. It was six hundred dollars. I don't think my kids, my younger two, really enjoyed what they ate. They didn't really eat very much. And so the next night we were like My oldest son was like, Dad, you know, I sat there and told him I only want to go to a nice restaurant if there's a great view, because you're paying for the view. Otherwise, just go eat a meal in Garland. Yeah, you know there's no beach there either, and so you want to go to Garland, go to Garland and so so anyways, I was like, we Max really wanted to go to this meal, and he set it up and I'm like, dude, this is going to be another high end.
Speaker 1: It was nine hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone enjoyed it, and nobody, you know, it was like I couldn't even understand what was on the menu, and I'm.
Speaker 1: Looking at that going this is testing.
Speaker 2: My theory on everything, right, that you can't save money on vacation. But it just felt like a waste to take those younger two.
Speaker 12: I'm not a waste because it's a way I enjoyed spending time with its only that's why I usually my kids are different now they're on a different curve than yours because my daughter's about to be twenty and my son's about to be eighteen and actually like each other now, so we can vacation with them.
Speaker 2: But most of the time, dude, I was just vacationing with my wife and my kids are like, hell, yeah, our parents aren't here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and my kids would rather just be at home.
Speaker 2: My seventeen year old just rather be at home, unbothered, ordering door Dash and right, playing video games without a job.
Speaker 7: And I like the way this is going been all right.
Speaker 1: I think the final verdict is leave your.
Speaker 6: Kids at home. Yep, come on, man, all right? Coming up next and the weekly weekday update. Some of you are not going to be able to flush or shower this week. We'll tell you who Ben and Skinshaw on a Friday afternoon. I hope you are getting ready to have an awesome weekend, just something special.
Speaker 1: It's going to kick all the ass.
Speaker 6: Maybe if you haven't made dinner plans yet tonight, go to Plano and go to Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. That's our favorite pizza joint right there, Preston and Plano Parkway. Five different styles of pizza Detroit, Philly, Tavern, Chicago, the New York style that you fold over, and then their own Dallas style.
Speaker 1: Get that with the buttercruss trust me.
Speaker 6: Great beer selection, great cocktails, incredible pasta dishes, awesome wine selection. It's at Preston and Plano Parkway. It's Andrew's American Pizza kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 9: And now it's time for Basis Weekday Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kat Fon tweets hero the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: City of Ralet is having some problems this weekend.
Speaker 7: Guys's go to Channel eight for the latest, I mean story.
Speaker 13: A sewage line in ral Lead has collapsed again. The city is urging residents and the highlighted areas to stop flushing toilets, showering or bathing, doing laundry, cleaning, dishes, or anything that sends water to the sewer system. They add the water is safe to drink. Cruise route last night making emergency repairs to the sewer main and thought they had fixed it, but the main further collapsed tonight. Official say Cruise are actively working to fix it.
Speaker 2: Oh man, man, I was just thinking you could play stop flushing toilets.
Speaker 1: This thing's big, big.
Speaker 4: Big dude.
Speaker 1: The uh this happened again yesterday.
Speaker 7: They told the residents to stop doing that as well, don't flush and we got it repaired. We're goods. And then there's another hole in sewer main. Do you have to drive over to rockwall to take an s. I don't know what the story goes, So what do you do? I have no idea, and I don't feel like proper guidance is given.
Speaker 1: No, I mean totally was.
Speaker 2: You have one choice. Go in a paper bag, light it on fire, put it on your neighbor's port.
Speaker 1: That's fair.
Speaker 2: Knock on the door, that's fair. Then go around to the back door. Bang on that door. So while they're putting out the fire and stomping it out and getting poo on their shoes, then they run.
Speaker 1: Back through the house to get to the back door. Okay, then go back around to the front. Do it again. Are you quoting Cynthia Izagara here?
Speaker 2: Is that what she instructed everyone to do during that news clip?
Speaker 7: And I'm not I didn't pull you know, Fox four or NBC five or CBS eleven, But I do think someone is responsible to tell the people what to actually do.
Speaker 1: Just like Ben just did.
Speaker 7: Ben's doing his job, he's holding up his good job back and like a journalism spectrum, but we do kind of need some instructions on this.
Speaker 1: If you're living in the zone.
Speaker 6: Do you know who needs you know, who needs to deliver those instructions someone that has a wide reach, Jane Slater's from Roulette. I feel like she's the one that needs take over the situation and tell everyone where they need to pooh. So like ninety percent of her followers are just looking for some pickings news and they're like, wait, what what is she tweeting about?
Speaker 2: I'm Jane Slater. If you're wondering where to pooh in ralet this weekend, here's my advice to you.
Speaker 7: Okay, so bad news for for for leadership in Roulet. Back in December, they're twenty five year old mayor step down old Blake Margolis.
Speaker 1: But we've got.
Speaker 7: Jowel buzzy twenty five. Let's go now, Jeff wing It's the new mayor. Just wing it with me, Jeff wing ITTT.
Speaker 1: No, Well, you don't want a guy who's gonna wing it. You vote for wing It and your whole sewer system will fall apart. I mean, what do you what do you do? Should we call wing it? I mean call wing it? Yeah, just wing it, call wing it.
Speaker 7: I feel like if you're in that zone, you're pooping in a bucket, like Kelly Carkson did during the middle of that concert.
Speaker 1: At one time. Yeah, didn't you.
Speaker 2: Didn't you watch that movie where old Gal from Fargo poop in a bucket the whole time?
Speaker 1: Oh no, mad Land. Yeah, oh that was a struggle. And that was not even the worst one that I got that year. There's a great bucket poop seeing in role models? Can you remember that? I don't think of a great bucket poop?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's great. They're at a campfire. Would you do that this week? Would you rank the bucket poop? The guy is sitting there reading a newspaper while he's taking a dump into a bucket, and he goes, Hey, we're gonna be by the campfire telling goose stories later. Oh is that where they're wait, what song is it?
Speaker 7: This isn't a Paul McCartney song or something that he's playing down to the streets.
Speaker 1: They're arguing about what band it was.
Speaker 2: He goes classic story of a guy passed down naked next to a campfire, Ta me Down, Love, Take me Down, Take me down to the streets. And they were arguing about what band they're arguing. Weren't there arguing about that not being a well known song? Well, there were the artists who the artist was and somebody was insisting it was an artist, and somebody said that's not their song, and then later somebody else is.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, Cardney, Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: I feel like I could play it for us right now, but it's not previewed and there's a high F bomb risk.
Speaker 1: So what risk dangerously? This is dangerous. This is the guy that dropped an F bomb last week.
Speaker 7: Yeah, hey man, I've done some rehab on that and feel better about it. Okay, here we go, let's get this sent role models.
Speaker 1: On reader Martin Gary. I can always spot a newbie. My fifth year with Wings. I guess Paul McCartney's got nothing on me. Huh love take Me down to the streets.
Speaker 4: It's got a Wing song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one of their kids from the seventies.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure which one it's not.
Speaker 9: It's not, It isn't.
Speaker 1: No, I think it might be that's not. Nobody sings that song. I don't know about it.
Speaker 4: Nobody.
Speaker 1: Oh that is the way to end a segment, isn't.
Speaker 4: Figure.
Speaker 1: Look all right it up?
Speaker 6: Next, break out your French fries. It's time to pour some sports ketchup all over. It is Jason Kidd going to the Knicks.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about it.
Speaker 14: Reach down and grab a couple of rump tomatoes. It's time for sports ketchup, catchup on sports, sports ketch, catch up sport.
Speaker 2: I would totally go see that man in the eighties. Man, that man sounds great. You'll want to catch up on the j Kid thing. Yeah, yes, very much so.
Speaker 6: Mark Stein, who used to broadcast in this very studio, had a report to He had a report Tuesday that the Knicks were going to ask permission to talk to Jason Kidd, and you know, we talked about the other day and then we talked about the connections that made sense as to why there was a Kid Nick's connection. Now he had another report today saying they have asked for permission now, so it's escalated and it's now are the Mavericks going to give them permission? Udoka, the coach of the Houston Rockets. Houston, according to Stein, has put out a word that you can ask permission. You ain't getting it. We're not coming off of him now. I have not heard what the Mavericks are or aren't going to do. But as Stein got into it, you know, we talked about the connection with you know, Jalen Brunson. We talked about Casey Smith and I had mentioned this the other day and Stein talked a little bit about it. You know, Casey was involved in getting Kid hired here there was a group of guys that worked with Cuban. But I've seen a lot of people out there on the internet be like, Okay, well, if you're getting rid of Kid, like, why wouldn't you get rid of Nico? And I don't know if people remember Nico and Kid were hired independently of one another. That was not Nico's hire. Nico was in the process of getting hired when Kid got hired, so they were not they knew each other, but they were not hey, this is the GM and here's my code. They were an arranged marriage and then they had a lot of success together. So I don't know that, you know, I know that they've found ways to work together, but I don't know that Kid has some strong allegiance to Nico and vice versa. But they've done a good job working together.
Speaker 2: So do we know if Nico has his own guy, Like like if the Mavericks came off a ja Kidd and hopefully they'd get something good in return. If they did that and essentially traded their coach, would they just take one of the in house guys? Or does Nico have a relationship with some coach out there. That's the really interesting thing. I'm sure he does, but I don't know it because usually an executive comes from some tree and you can start connecting dots.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know who that would be.
Speaker 2: So it'd have to be US Olympics, right, like it would be like the USA guys.
Speaker 6: So or maybe you know, when he was with Nike, there's a guy like you know that was a Nike client.
Speaker 1: That's a I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm totally speculating, but they have too highly coveted guys on their staff. Jared Dudley is highly coveted, and Sewn Sweeney almost got the Phoenix Sun's job, right, and so he's he's highly respected. And then there's talk that Memphis is interested in stealing Dudley to be an assistant there and that Sweeney's gonna get Oh Sweeney, apparently the San Antonio Spurs want him to be on their OAF.
Speaker 2: Why wouldn't you just do what Jerry Jones won't do and just say who is the greatest coach on earth? Who's available? Let's go get that guy because we have so much to lose here. Yeah, we can't mess this up. I don't know that I want to roll the dice with a young guy. Maybe it's good, maybe it's not. But why wouldn't you just say, who is the greatest coach on Earth? Who's available, Let's go get him?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think that'd be good. And I like Tom Cruise, Like Tom Cruise, go get him? And also like Sewan Sweeney's been here and I've watched him run practice, like the players are familiar with him.
Speaker 1: But I also don't know.
Speaker 6: I mean, so much of this has to do with Kyrie and Anthony Davis and who they like. Anthony Davis played with Jared Dudley in LA when they want a championship Pride, So there's that kind of an idea. There's also keep in mind, which I had forgotten about this until I read Stein's article, Kid interviewed with the Knicks when Thibodeau got the job, and apparently did really well in the interview, but they went with Tibbs. So there's other connections there besides the brunch and the Casey thing. I don't think, and I don't know this. I don't think kids looking to get out of here. But I think kids like probably going, oh, this is pretty awesome because the Western Conference as hard as hell, and the Eastern Conference Celtics are being dismantled. The Pacers, you know, we talked about them earlier. They're lightning in a bottle. So if you're looking at getting to the finals, man, the Knicks are going to be front runners next year in the Eastern Conference. You still have a contender with the number one pick, which is rare.
Speaker 1: Yep. That seems to buy you a lot of time to stay.
Speaker 6: Kids in an amazing position, you know, to be wanted by what is going to be the best team in the Eastern Conference next year. And also this is wild card, but if Joannis were to force himself out of Milwaukee, he loves Jason Kidd and so that puts the Knicks and the Catbird seat to be one of the teams that Joannis would.
Speaker 1: Want to go to. How could they get him?
Speaker 6: I mean it'd be like Karl Anthony Towns and Michale Bridges that sort of a thing. Wow, you know, But I mean, if I'm you know, I don't even know. It's so weird that we haven't heard anything on Jannis. I'm not one hundred percent sure that he's going to force his way out of there, and there's no way for the Mavericks to get him without giving up Cooper Flag. To get Joannis, now, I wouldn't even entertain what he likes kid. Yeah, but I'm saying, like, the wouldn't you start giving up all the salary and what takes a get him. You're not gonna You're gonna be like, you're gonna be back to that, Okay if we don't win in the next six months, we're over.
Speaker 2: It sounds a lot better for the Knicks. You're giving up Carl Anthony Towns, who sucks in comparison to Jannis.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and and you'd have to get it like Michale Bridge. You'd have to give up a lot. But I think Jalen Brunson and Jannie that's what Jannis wanted with Dame in Milwaukee, right, So anyways, it's just interesting watch. And you know, I can tell you this, the Knicks have a couple picks, not a lot.
Speaker 1: They have their own pick.
Speaker 2: I think in twenty twenty six, I think they have Washington's pick that they're hanging on to.
Speaker 7: Real twenty thirteen, Doc Rivers is traded from the Celtics to the Clippers for a first round pick.
Speaker 1: Okay, twenty thirteen, gosh thirteen, So it was the twenty fifteen first round pick.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 7: And then in twenty fourteen the Nets traded Jason Kids to the Bucks for two second round picks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kid's been traded before.
Speaker 7: The president we have for that though we didn't have it, and that's like a decade ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, a Knick's first round pick in twenty six is not going to be good. It's going to be second to be East.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be been to the fuck Washington pick. We guys want to give up that Washington pick.
Speaker 6: It's it's top eight protected next year, which Washington's going to be a bottom four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, interesting stuff there. Could the Mavericks be trading Jason Kidd? That's that's pretty crazy, all right? Coming up next in the wayback machine, let's revisit the East Texas Sports Boys.
Speaker 1: This is coming up.
Speaker 2: It's just over three minutes, So don't go anywhere here on a Friday, keeping you smile it is the Ben and Skin Show. Nice it's our our last segment of the week. So we got big weekend plans, and I hope your weekend plans include heading up to Rollertown Beer Works. That's the brewery up there in Solana, Texas that me and Ben are partner's in Big Crawfish Boil Tomorrow, Ben last one of the season and it's going on from two to seven with live music and a vendor that's going to be a whole vendor market set up, and then live comedy, free live comedy at the end of the night. If you want more details, we always encourage you to follow all the social media Rollertown Beer Works where we always update everything that's going on, talk about food trucks, new beer releases, all that stuff. And then if you're out about you can't get this line up, but you want to take some beer home, Tom Thumb, Albertson's Total Wine and more HGB.
Speaker 1: There's lots of places that carry us.
Speaker 6: If you go to your favorite establishment and they don't have Rollertown Beer Work, say hey, get with your Benny Keith distributor make sure to get roller Town here.
Speaker 1: We sure would appreciate that. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: Fools, It's time to suburg.
Speaker 1: What's in the week with some with some laughing.
Speaker 7: Earlier in the week, we played you e clip from these Texas sports Boys.
Speaker 1: We're gonna bring him back again.
Speaker 7: These Texas sports Boys are Billy ray Brooks and Mitch McCoy. Just a couple farming guys, but good.
Speaker 1: They love cooozies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know, overalls, spon fires, all that type of stuff, but they love sports. And uh, they were going through and they were talking to a lot of teams around the league before the twenty eighteen NBA Draft to find out who they were gonna take. Now that happens to be the year the Mavericks traded up with the Hawks to get Luca. But you know, if you get all these teams on the Sacramento Kings had the number two pick in that draft, famously taking Marvin Bagley Man, but we had Bryant. Bryant is a fellow who is a blogger for one of the Sacramento Kings blogs, probably sp Nation most likely, and uh, you know, just getting his draft preview about three weeks before the draft actually happened. Ended up being a good old time. So uh you guys ready, everyone, all right, let's go down the hill of the roller coaster down East.
Speaker 2: Texas sports boys in the house on Billy Road, Brooks. I got my main man, Mitch McCoy here. He knows on that nineteen eighty three championship name.
Speaker 1: I hang in here, that damn iron grind.
Speaker 2: We are very excited because the Mavericks are about to just dunk on the world with the fifth pick in this draft. And we're talking to bloggers from all the different big cities who got pigs and uh.
Speaker 1: We already got somebody off the off the clock.
Speaker 2: They're unavailable now because for the Suns, this guy Brendan Clean of the SB Nation blog, Uh he took donkey hitch number one.
Speaker 5: Alneam hang on may Irene. When I mean you were in do you want to make Aeron's grind? And he's a grind? And I ain't got them a donkey and much.
Speaker 1: Man, I gotta tell you something.
Speaker 2: When he was talking about all the people that work for that organization, like you got an American name in that organization?
Speaker 1: Good lord, it makes sense that you're drafting a.
Speaker 5: Euro aarondee iron bresident won't mind them in the wine house.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you ain't lying about that. But I'll tell you what. They're gonna be crafty because they make good passes and they're all fundamentally sound, is what this song tells me about the Euros camp now, but I want to.
Speaker 1: Beat your Hennie players. They're very heady. But I want to be.
Speaker 2: Joined right now because Sacramento then the Kings of Sacramento, they be on the clock right now. So brat West is joining us. He writes that SB Nation blog up there. What's the name of that blog?
Speaker 7: Bratackown Royalty, zack Town ROYALTYWN.
Speaker 1: When they're zack Now and sack Town. You hang out of the monarns on there.
Speaker 15: We did, but they went away a couple about five years ago.
Speaker 5: How them, some of them now ringing in logon?
Speaker 1: They had some really good players.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, look now, in general, can you just help us out. We've never been out of the state of Texas, and I'm just curious about knowing. Are there hot women in Sacramento?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 15: Absolutely, California women have it.
Speaker 1: Well, what what's your favorite category to sir?
Speaker 15: Well, I have a thing for brunette, and I think that's pretty much it that I can say.
Speaker 2: It's Pg.
Speaker 5: Thirteen. I like Gilf and renal lining online you like guilt too or yeah see, I mean to me, it's like it's just have fun with it and don't judge people.
Speaker 1: And that's why we ain't gonna judge you on your pick.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, you're up on the clock for the Kings. There's a lot of pressure on you. Donkey Inch is gone, so now it's time for you to make your pick. So we're gonna have my man Mitch is gonna be the commissioner Adam Silver and just go along with us, try.
Speaker 1: Not to mess it up. Yeah, Brian nan Coon, okay, be cool man, all right?
Speaker 5: My owning line apparently am he ain't ram and then I ain't named Nang and mack banging the mech or the nagarmone thing Aaron Manner long night Minner, Whene ain't am I?
Speaker 1: When the mex.
Speaker 15: All right with the second pick the sacramento.
Speaker 1: Try hold on a second man. He just said that he did. He did the whole announcement of this work for me. You know, you don't know you.
Speaker 5: Even me like that, right, Like I didn't you to go up and you may make I'm.
Speaker 1: You and me. Look that's the way to do it. Make no, we're good, We're good a darn hour start over.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: You got this week.
Speaker 5: We believe in you man thanking all the gon all out of the world joining the ain't ain't round And you're in the Emmy as Manning. And we are in the country in Dina Country, Innina, intern Europe, righta Lomania, the man all America and I mean now we're not in araga air may me for the new that ain't in ram Yeah from the man from got a long im manner and guard no man long, ain'tymore.
Speaker 15: DeAndre a Center Arizona.
Speaker 2: Really, Oh my god, Well that's a that's a shocking selection.
Speaker 1: I don't did you understand that Marvin Bagley was still on the when you made.
Speaker 15: In my opinion, DeAndre Ayden and Luka Doncic are the two best players in this draft.
Speaker 4: Binger.
Speaker 15: It's it's absolutely fair that Blody takes the guys that you know, nobody else.
Speaker 1: That's not what was he asked. Is he going to turn him into a chain smoker?
Speaker 15: You know, if body has his way the way he went through the league, you know, he proved that he could be a top center and still smoke as much as he wants. But I think New age Kings aren't gonna smile so fondly on any of their young guys.
Speaker 2: Chain smoking.
Speaker 1: Your thoughts?
Speaker 15: Uh oh yeah, absolutely, he's kind of that old school big man.
Speaker 1: No, I know when I'm I ain't like loans lank listen. Man, I like you, but you're kind of boring with the words.
Speaker 2: Now those things up here, and I'm like, we're asking you about girls that you don't seem to know much. Look, the only way you're gonna get laid is if you crawl up a chickens ass and wait.
Speaker 5: Finally has sense bum skim and I'm ram Moon you want to tell them hot mirone in the match?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I couldn't understand what you just said. Arend which one of us did you not understand? I said, the only way you're gonna get is ever crawl up a chickens ass and wait, are you talking to me?
Speaker 15: Or yeah, well I just got it paged a week ago, so I'm not too worried about that.
Speaker 1: Well, you'll be getting later right after the wedding. Then, man, what's his name?
Speaker 15: At least one more time in my life.
Speaker 1: What's his name?
Speaker 2: Her name is Megan. Congratulations, sir Megan or Carl. Let me tell you something about marriage, all right, because I've had five of them.
Speaker 1: I know what the hell I'm talking about now.
Speaker 2: When she asked you to do something, don't do it, because the minute you show her that you're capable of doing something, she's going to ask you to.
Speaker 1: Do that for the rest of your laugh.
Speaker 5: On the Mars night he has long the ring's little wonging there and hander a ball gad.
Speaker 1: I learned that pretty quick. Yeah, have you ever been to Texas? Never have mo? All right, so listen, we're going to be doing this draft.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Have any picks in the second round?
Speaker 7: We do late in the second No?
Speaker 15: No, actually, I'm sorry, thirty seventh overall, So that's pretty.
Speaker 1: You don't even know when your team picks. How are you the expert here?
Speaker 2: Well, you've been too focused on that damn wedding. You're buying the rat kind of cake ating there in the internet.
Speaker 15: Man, I'm too focused on the number two pick. I will say that I think Dallas is a really good spot.
Speaker 1: Hey, let me tell you something. I'm asked.
Speaker 2: We know that we're watching Dallas every day round the clock, and we're experts on Dallas. We don't know nothing about none of the other teams. That's why you're one way.
Speaker 10: Now call you in the second rounds coming.
Speaker 1: Big number in their stay by the phone. Alright, here we go. What a way did the league guys?
Speaker 6: It reminds me of the time that Kat went into his very first sex shop. He wanted to purchase a ballgag for.
Speaker 1: His wedding night.
Speaker 7: He looked the vendor dead and his or her eye were still not sure, and he said, I have a tiny penis, and that's why he made the purchase that he did.
Speaker 6: I hope everyone has a good weekend. We're gonna enjoy it. We'll see all Monday. Until then, stick around because Christina is going to play some music right here on the Eagle.
Speaker 1: There're you going, You're out? Sorry, I'm gonna get some cheeks after this horse powers rint.
Speaker 4: That's your answer,