Speaker 1: Welcome the wild life.
Speaker 2: The wild life Eschonelle earned a Bible lesson in journalism and that's uh. It's not like racing where if you ain't first, your last. If your first, you sometimes you don't have all the details. So on the air, i'd like to I'd like to do this formal apology.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I chastised NBC five and CBS eleven, of our four main networks for not having the Garland python story up on their website. Meanwhile, Channel eight and Fox four all over it. And then we played the Channel eight audio and we'll get to that in a second. But then I saw Meredith Land do a good story on NBC five and we have some more details on the Garland python from yesterday.
Speaker 4: Well, things got a little wild in a Garland neighborhood. A crowd gathered, but not because of some late night party.
Speaker 2: Anyway, what is she inferring there? Imply they have late night parties in Garland all the time.
Speaker 3: Ye, Christina, no comment.
Speaker 2: We'll start again.
Speaker 4: Well, things got a little wild in a Garland neighborhood. A crowd gathered, but not because of some late night party. NBC five's Alicia Barrera tells us about the massive snake that had the entire street buzzing.
Speaker 2: I do want to warn you guys, Alicia Barrera will do that with all of the Hispanic names you're going to hear in this story back, for instance, Nick Garza will not sound like Nick Garza.
Speaker 5: The main questions have been where did this massive snake come from? And does it have an owner? And the answer is the snake didn't slither too far from home, hiding in the grass, inching closer to a stranger's driveway.
Speaker 3: A snake you see at a fifteen foot.
Speaker 5: Python was discovered late Saturday night in the South Garland neighborhood. Nick Goddessa says the yellow python eventually made its way towards the white truck in his neighbor's driveway.
Speaker 6: Got the call at eleven pm and they just told me that it was going to be a snake.
Speaker 5: Animal control officer Alexandro Amigo, however, didn't know it was an eighty five pound python.
Speaker 6: Normally we use these to grab the head of the snake so you can control it. Obviously, its head was too big to be controlled by this, and it was too strong. It turned around when I pulled its tail and tried to lunch at me. From there, it slithered underneath his truck and then went up into his engine.
Speaker 5: Baker had Amio eventually got the job done and transported the fifteen foot snake back to the shelter, where it was picked up by a foster just hours later. But the snake will soon go home to its original owner, who told officers he's in the middle of a move.
Speaker 6: I guess he just didn't secure it too well and ended up getting out. But good case scenario is that we got it.
Speaker 7: It's just like how we don't get you in trouble for your dog running out at large.
Speaker 6: It's the same thing.
Speaker 3: It's a pet.
Speaker 4: It wasn't too far.
Speaker 1: It didn't get very far at all.
Speaker 6: If anything, it just had to cross one major road and it was there.
Speaker 5: According to Garland Animal Services, the owner does have a snake permit, is not in any trouble and we'll only have to pay a small impound fee in Garland.
Speaker 2: At least, that was so much better than yesterday's story.
Speaker 3: I am Whitey mcgringo, white guy.
Speaker 7: If I had the ability to pronounce these names properly, I would, but I can't roll my rs.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 7: I'm jealous of you for a lot of reasons, but especially that I wish I could. Our buddy, Jake Veielma was giving me hell the last time I saw him because he said I was saying cynthia Issa Gada's name wrong. Oh, And I would try to say it and he kept going, no, dude, and he would say it in the west, like I'm not capable of saying it, Like you say, what's your spot? Do you know how to saying I mean, that's kind of how I thought I was saying. He's like no, and then he said it in this way. He's like, oh my god, that's magical.
Speaker 3: I can't. I'm not capable of that skill.
Speaker 6: That you have.
Speaker 1: All Right, I want to say this. Yesterday's news story had the weirdest music in it. Yeah, he reposted it on the Eagle Instagram account.
Speaker 3: You should go listen to that.
Speaker 1: But dude, a fifteen foot snake, Yeah, that can eat a human that's lite, eat a large that could eat me. Think about that, it could eat a large adult male. I'd pay to watch that. We had that Dallas cowboy who took his Thingavid Irving. David Irving took his he was six seven eighty five. He took his snake to the doctor or to the vet and he was like, hey, man, it's the snake's night eating. It's you know, it's always laying on me at night trying to get warm. I think it's cold, and it goes. The vet was like, actually, your snake is starving itself and it's measuring itself, waiting till it's big enough to eat you.
Speaker 2: Amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this one's twice the size of David Irving. Yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: And they were got through like very nonchalant about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what could easily eat a just wondering toddler if any toddler's up robing the neighborhood on a big wheel?
Speaker 3: Oh and that happens in Garland all the time.
Speaker 7: Now, you you may not be able to answer this question because in the moment you made you don't know what you're gonna do. But if you turn the corner and there is a fifteen foot snake crossing the street, would you slam on your brakes or would you run it?
Speaker 4: Ou?
Speaker 7: Hey, this may win you some Rangers Royals tickets. I'm just saying, do you know.
Speaker 3: What you would do? It's someone's dear pet.
Speaker 1: They may love it like a dog, even though it has no emotion and is a serpent.
Speaker 3: I mean, dude, if it's a green light and you're kind of going, hey.
Speaker 7: Walked on my neighbor. No, you're driving down your street. You're forty houses away from your actual house. You just turned the corny driving down the street, and as soon as you turn, suddenly fifteen feet in front of you is a fully stretched out the length of an NBA lane. It's fifteen foot snake crossing the street and it's sloges.
Speaker 3: It's python. Do you stop or do you just run that hole?
Speaker 5: Over?
Speaker 2: Speed limits? Forty miles per hour? Thirty that's a thirty miles per hour. I'll probably stop at thirty. I thought it was a speed bump. I didn't see it.
Speaker 5: Oh pounded, yep, all right, friends, impounded.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, let's break out the Wayback Machine, the Fight McMahon's are back. That's coming up next in just over three minutes. Don't miss it right here on the Mighty Eagle