Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: Good evening, modern travelers, won't you be? I guess we have pushed by and living at his very best. This automatic sleep control in every bed and a predigested food is cooked. Bye infra red.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, re live what you say.
Speaker 4: Mister t.
Speaker 5: K IF I am six forty.
Speaker 6: It's Later with Mo Kelly and we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app, and we're also live on Instagram at mister Kelly, m R M O K E L L Y and as customary on Thursdays, we're joined in the studio by Ms Marshall Collier, our in house tech Pundit.
Speaker 5: Good to see you, Marsha.
Speaker 7: Good to see you too, Mo, and I'm hit me up also on Instagram, Marsha Collier.
Speaker 5: You have toys with you tonight?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 7: You know, I get get sometimes I get things to review. But this was a gift from another brand, not that brand. It was just a gift because I was nice, I guess, and they sent it to me and I wasn't really sure. I haven't played with it enough. It scares me a little bit. It's made by the company. You know, the Thera gun. Yeah, my husband, all you guys you got hit Thera guns. I can't use that thing pounding on my legs and back and.
Speaker 6: I oh, I swear by it, swear by it. I had like tight hamstrings. I used that theragn for like ten minutes. How's a new man?
Speaker 7: Okay, So what you're holding right there is smart Goggles. It's an EE mask and smart eye massager and it's the only imask powered by smart sense technology.
Speaker 2: Woo.
Speaker 5: Now when I okay it.
Speaker 6: When I walked to the studio, Tawala had it on and it looked like he was using some sort of augmented reality thing.
Speaker 5: But it's nothing like that.
Speaker 7: Nothing, nothing like this. All it does is it su supposedly, and I've been told by people that it sues headaches. It makes you calmer, which is interesting. I massagers, by the way, are really popular right now, and this is nice Valentine's Day present. I've seen them on sale as low. This is the first version for one hundred and forty nine dollars.
Speaker 6: Great deal that's reasonably priced when you think about other similar products in the market.
Speaker 7: Right, and this lowers seventy one percent of people say it lowered anxiety. Twenty three percent put it on before they went to bed and it improved their sleep quality because you can put a timer on it to shut off.
Speaker 6: I tried it when we were at the break before we started, and it felt like the sensation was like some one was massaging most of my head and face.
Speaker 9: That's that's just what you want.
Speaker 6: No, But I was ready to go to sleep, and I said, I can't go to sleep. I got a shoulder too, but I could. I was staying like, yeah, I could see myself sitting in a chair. I don't sleep on my back, this would be too cumbersome to use sleeping on my stomach. But I could see myself sitting in like a like a lounge chair or something and having this over my eyes and I would be.
Speaker 5: Gone and in ten minutes or so, very relaxed.
Speaker 7: It has so many different settings, crazy amount of settings that you can set it for anything you want. You can customize the massage sessions. You can also on there. There's a great app and that's how you control it is an app on an iPhone.
Speaker 6: Your husband is in studio and he's controlling it right now from his iPhone iPhone.
Speaker 5: Look not everyone's perfect, okay.
Speaker 7: Right, but anyway, Yeah, so it's on an iPhone and you can control it from there. You can even get your heart rate insights, which is interesting because I saw some in the demo pages I looked at where people's heart rate actually went down.
Speaker 6: Well, I can see that. That makes perfect sense. It's the very relaxing sensation.
Speaker 7: Now there are buttons on there which toggle three preset modes smart, Relax, Focus, and Sleep, and each mode defaults to fifteen minute sessions, or you can increase or decrease the time. So people say they don't like futs in with the buttons, but because we're on Android, we got to learn how to fux with the buttons.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, let me ask you this. I haven't seen the app. Your husband has worked with the app. When you're using the app, how extensive are the options that you can toggle? Come on, come on, kurb, We're gonna get you on the mic. Now, don't be shy.
Speaker 10: There there's about twenty there's about twenty different what do you call programs or things like that that you can use. And you can also vary the heat and you can vary the intensity of the pulse.
Speaker 5: You can vary the heat. Yeah, yeah, what kind of like that.
Speaker 9: It's an amazing product. I'm just.
Speaker 7: Well, okay, let's be honest. If one has injectibles, I'm not sure it's the best idea, but I would have to check with a doctor about that.
Speaker 5: I haven't used any injectibles.
Speaker 6: I you know, I'm not trying to keep my wrinkles, but I'm not going to never mind.
Speaker 5: I got never mind.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm not sure how that works with that.
Speaker 7: So I'm a little nervous because the injectables are very expensive.
Speaker 9: If one was to get.
Speaker 6: It, well, let me put it a different way. It does feel snug on your face.
Speaker 7: It does, and you can loosen it so that when you're lying backwards, it's just resting on your face a little bit more. Everybody says the smart goggles are a great thing, you know, and I look at them and I they're beautiful, I think. And it's made by their body who makes the thera gun. So you know, let me they has vibration, it has massage.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you, from a just a line of products standpoint, are we at the beginning or are we fully in this era of these.
Speaker 5: Types of massage products.
Speaker 6: You know, it's one thing we had the vibrating chair or the vibrating bed of the nineteen seventies, but now we're getting into these very specialized products.
Speaker 7: Well, notice this is not AI this is a mechanical device.
Speaker 9: And I think there are the price point.
Speaker 7: The retail price of this is one hundred and ninety nine ninety nine, So at the price point, I think it's great. I think a lot more stuff is being made for health, but whether it's valuable or whether it's good, Like I just recently bought a mask that has if you put heat around your eyes, it's good for dry eyes. So it can't I'll be testing that comes with the thing. You break it, it heats up on its own to the exact temperature you need.
Speaker 5: Kind of like those instant ice packs or heat.
Speaker 7: Pass exactly or yeah, that I used when I was in Alaska, right.
Speaker 6: Right, or we use them on the court if someone gets injured, you punch it and all of a sudden it's instant hot or instant cold, whatever you need.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 7: So, all these new things are becoming more useful, and because let's face it, the prices are going up on so much mm hmm. I want to look and bring to everybody who listens reasonably priced things that are kind of superrific.
Speaker 6: It's Later with Mo Kelly Marshall Call your Tech Thursday joins me in studio.
Speaker 5: We'll have more in just a moment.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 11: In the next half century, people will see as well as here around the world. Pocket sized radio instruments will enable individuals to communicate with anyone anywhere. Newspapers, magazines, mail and messages will be sent through the air at lightning speed.
Speaker 12: Keeping in touch by means of the amazing You. Bell Boy is the bell system's answer today for doctors, salesmen, delivery men, or anyone who must be available at all times in the fast paced world of century twenty one. When someone calls and you are out, you can be reached by dialing your Bellboy code number. When you get a signal on the bell Boy, you can go to a phone to call your officer home and get the message.
Speaker 6: KFI AM six forty We're live everywherening iHeartRadio app is tech Thursday. Marsha Collier joins us in the studio and Marsha is so funny. I go back and look through those vintage commercials and there's always this idea of what the future will be in a technological sense. Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they don't, and you can see how people had envisioned email or a pager, and then it does actually happen, but not quite the way it was originally imagined.
Speaker 7: I have a whole channel on my YouTube of old commercials. I mean, I just love old commercials because there's such a voice in the future and.
Speaker 9: I need to make a correction and an apology.
Speaker 7: The fair Body app is available on Android. You can get it for these wonderful goggles and it's a great gift.
Speaker 5: So that's There's that. What else do you have for us tonight?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 7: I got you some weird, weird stuff. Do you remember did you ever were you ever like an artist? Did you ever draw pictures?
Speaker 5: Yes? Absolutely?
Speaker 9: Okay? And remember did you ever trace things through light?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 13: I did? Yes.
Speaker 7: New new app that you're just gonna love. It's called Da vinci.
Speaker 5: I App as in like Leonardo.
Speaker 9: As in Leonardo.
Speaker 7: You just go to da vinciiapp dot com and the demo that I saw on the website is the guy had a glass and on that he had his phone and he projected using ar onto paper.
Speaker 5: AR is an augmented reality.
Speaker 7: Exactly, and he was tracing and doing portraits and beautiful pictures.
Speaker 9: And that is only it's called.
Speaker 6: It looks like an old Viewmaster from the next one.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it uses AR projector, so you can paint or sketch whatever you capture. It's an ar Art projector. The app costs nineteen ninety nine. I think that's a great it's nothing great gift. Get somebody that app and play with it yourself too. Now back to that lovely real Viewer that you looked at, remember Viewmasters?
Speaker 5: How could I forget?
Speaker 6: It had the circular disc that you will put in You see the different pictures I don't know of animals and stuff.
Speaker 7: Oh, it was idiotic, but it was fun, right, Oh, it was great.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 7: There's a website called uncommon Goods dot com, which, by the way, is a great gift to find off the wall.
Speaker 5: Gift uncommon Goods dot com.
Speaker 7: Correct, and you search for real Viewer r ee L because it's a circle and a reel and between sixteen ninety five and thirty four ninety five, depending on what you want it made of. They have beautiful carved wood ones. The deal is you buy one of these at Uncommon Goods and they send it to you and it has chits in it that you can send in with seven photos, so you can have the pictures on either side and they're done from the different angles. So it's kind of the same three D effect that we had with the Viewmaster. And hey, that's under thirty five dollars for the most deluxe version they've made.
Speaker 6: I remember having a Viewmaster when I was a kid, so this is like maybe nineteen seventy three, seventy four. It was read and it was it was the most wonderful thing imaginable at that time.
Speaker 9: We know what to give them over for Christmas?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, I'm.
Speaker 6: All about that, look, I told my mother and to Walla is like always one of my Rock'em Sockem robot that I didn't get in the early nineteen seventy so like Twallly got me the rock'emstocking robots for Christmas one year.
Speaker 5: I'm into all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 7: Okay, And this is great because they'll send you the disc with your own pictures on it. Let me jump ahead. Of course, there's Lego the Lego Flower bouquets, which is a great gift.
Speaker 5: If get out of my childhood.
Speaker 9: And that's forty seven ninety nine out wall.
Speaker 7: That's also reasonable, yes, And if you don't have that kind of money, there's rose Bouquet, two long stemmed red roses for fourteen dollars ninety nine cents at Lego dot com. I mean, and Legos are fun to put together. You know, you sit down, you relax. But this, this is the best thing that I found. I'm showing though the QFX Retro thirty nine shoe box tape recorder with USB player as in analog, as in analog, except you can push the music through with Bluetooth or obviously a USB connection. It's got a built in microphone, a built in speaker, and these are cassette tapes which you can also buy on Amazon, like five for ten dollars.
Speaker 5: Was like, can I find memorrex anywhere I looked?
Speaker 9: And those were memorycs.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, and it's got an FM radio in it, a three point five millimeter headphone jack, which is that little jack to your old fashioned deerbuds and that is thirty four to ninety nine.
Speaker 5: Everything old is new again.
Speaker 9: I mean, what fun you can make mixtapes.
Speaker 6: Well, not only that, And this is a conversation I had with Tuala. If you should have a lot of older analog media, this is a good way. With a little bit of help from a digital audio workstation, you can transfer that media to a digital format just for posterity sake.
Speaker 9: Well, but you can do that and put it on CDs or DVDs.
Speaker 5: No you can't.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying because the analog would degrade over amount of time exactly.
Speaker 7: Now it does make the files into MP three four need to MP three format, But.
Speaker 9: You've got those. You know how to do this.
Speaker 7: You did it as a kid, and if you're a young one, ask somebody older to help you out.
Speaker 6: I remember that. I talked to young people today and they go on Spotify or YouTube or title and get whatever song they want. And I had to explain to my blended kids and nieces and nephews. Now we sat by the radio with a tape recorder right next to it, waiting for a song to come on. It could be hours in between us.
Speaker 7: You'd call in, Yes, you call into the station, can you please play?
Speaker 9: And you just sit there. I remember doing that all the time.
Speaker 6: And that was the only way that you could get a recording because most of the time these were quote unquote singles which were not released individually.
Speaker 8: You had to go buy the full album exactly. You didn't have that type of money as a twelve year old exactly. But these are great and you can make mixtapes. If you don't know what that means, go ask somebody.
Speaker 5: Go ask an old person asking, that's.
Speaker 9: Gonna be our new new theme? Ask an old person, Yeah, mixtape, what is that? But you're gonna love it.
Speaker 7: It's so much fun and just looking at it just it's so retro.
Speaker 5: It brings back so many memories.
Speaker 7: And for thirty four ninety nine, I think that's a great gift with a pack ten dollars worth of tape.
Speaker 6: And you may not remember all of these great ideas and gifts, but make sure you check out the podcast later on. You can obviously listen to it iHeartRadio, app or iTunes, Apple Podcasts, Spreaker, Spotify, wherever you download your podcast, so don't forget. You can always go back and review this. And also you can reach out to Marshall call you're on social media.
Speaker 9: That's right.
Speaker 7: You can reach me at X or go to my website Marshall Collier dot com and go to the contact page.
Speaker 5: Better tell them how to spell your first name.
Speaker 9: M A R s AHA co O, L L I E R.
Speaker 6: Got two for one first name and last next stuff, Marshall Caller got a run. But I always appreciate talking to you because, as I said, I always learned something from you.
Speaker 5: This is fun, and we're gonna have some fun next week. Correct, yes, sir?
Speaker 1: All right, then you're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 6: Applebee's announced today that it is bringing back what has been described as the coveted Date Night Pass, and it went viral some years ago, I do remember. But this year Applebee's is offering three thousand passes. Now they're gonna be on sale, not for free, you're gonna have to buy these, but they're going to be exclusively available to Club applebee members.
Speaker 5: I didn't know that there was a club Applebee's.
Speaker 6: I've only been to apple Bee's maybe twice in my life, and I didn't know there was some club like Disneyland has Club thirty three. I didn't know there was a Club apple Bee's where people were, you know, getting it on and doing stuff and getting their drink on and getting their eat on.
Speaker 13: Well maybe it's been a secret up till now.
Speaker 6: Club Applebee's on Valentine's Day, three thousand randomly selected members will receive an email notifying them that they've been selected to purchase purchase a date Night pass and those interested in the past must be Club applebee members. You have to be a member of the club. There's Chess Club, there's Glee Club, there's band Club, and there's Applebee's Club. This is the club you want to be in. And if you should get that Golden ticket email, you can purchase one of the Date Night passes and it costs one hundred dollars. One hundred dollars for a date Night pass, stop it mark and it will include the option it'll allow card members to get up to fifty dollars of food and non alcoholic beverages once a month for the next year, So you could get about six hundred dollars of food and non alcoholic drink over the course of those twelves.
Speaker 13: So it's not like the one night one hundred dollars, because I'm like, that's like ten meals, right.
Speaker 6: You spend one hundred dollars, you get about six hundred dollars worth of food in return. You can only use it once per month, and it's redeemable for those twelve visits between March first of this year and February twenty eighth of next year. And according to Applebee's, and it sounds right. By the time that February twenty eighth, twenty twenty six rolls around, you, as a club applebee member and date night pass holder would have I've saved five hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: I just can't.
Speaker 6: Imagine spending some six hundred dollars in Applebee's.
Speaker 5: I just can't. I was racking my brain.
Speaker 6: I can specifically remember one time I went to Applebee's with my father.
Speaker 5: Hey, he chose to spot what was I supposed to do?
Speaker 6: Say no, he wanted to go to Applebee's. All right, We'll go on to Applebee's. And the youngest person in Applebee's was four hundred and fifty eight. Maybe I'm exaggerating, maybe it was two hundred and seventy two. But there I was the youngest person in there at fifty. That's all I can take. Oh, this wasn't like when you were a kid, this hole no no, oh wow, No, this was like in the twenty twenty. It's like it was in a round, like right before the pandemic. Okay, we went to Applebee's. He wanted to go to Applebe's. We were in Torrents, I think it was the one like on pch or something like that, and we were going to get something to eat, and he said, oh, I remember my father got excited. Why don't we go to Applebee's. What do you mean, why would we go to Applebee's. You have your choice of restaurants. I'm paying, mind you, and he chose Applebee's. So apple Bee's it was. And that's how we ended up at Applebee's. The point is, outside of that one occasion, I can't think of another occasion, and I can't think of any time in which I would go to my wife and say, hey, you know, it's date night.
Speaker 5: Let's go over to Applebee's. Yeah, said it off.
Speaker 13: Oh oh, apple Bee's will close the deal for.
Speaker 6: You, you know, just in time for Valentine's Day. What could be a better night than dollar margaritas. Do they even have like a full barred Applebee's. I don't remember them, kind of like you.
Speaker 13: I went once, probably like ten years ago, but I hear it's popular with the twenty somethings because the margaritas are so cheap, so they'll go there to get wrecked. I guess that's just the only reason's Yeah, the thing I've heard of people White's popula, But can't you do.
Speaker 5: The same thing at El Toedo? Probably?
Speaker 13: But I think there's they're known for the cheapest, like because I think it's literally a dollar.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, So I guess if you're trying, Yeah, if you're trying to get your buzz on and you're young, yeah, you don't have a lot of money. You only got like, let's say six dollars, then yeah, I get that. But I'm not going to Applebee's by choice, and I'm definitely not going to my wife's saying hey, can you sign us up for the Applebee's club because I'm trying to get this date night pass. Well, we can go to Applebee's once a month and then we could come home and once a month, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 13: Did you notice any Applebee's merchant that ice wide shut party scene.
Speaker 5: No, I can't say I did.
Speaker 3: There's a place where people smile, big, eat cut and always score a sweet deal.
Speaker 9: It's Applebee's.
Speaker 4: What makes the honey of a deal are amazing, new honey pepper sauce.
Speaker 14: It makes honey grilled chicken and honey pepper steak a taste of honey heaven.
Speaker 5: Why is she yelling at me? It sounds like she's angry at me.
Speaker 13: She insists that you eat good in the neighborhood.
Speaker 6: She wants it now, And if a selling point is pepper steak, I probably don't want to go.
Speaker 3: There's a place where people smiled, big, eat good, and always score a sweet deal.
Speaker 5: And you're saying it's Applebee's. I was thinking more like Denny's.
Speaker 3: There's a place where people smile, big, eat good and always score a sweet deal.
Speaker 9: It's good to me.
Speaker 4: Applebees makes the honey of a deal are amazing, new honey pepper sauce.
Speaker 14: It makes honey grilled chicken and honey pepper steak a taste.
Speaker 4: Of honey heaven.
Speaker 5: I hear just fine. Is she talking to old people who can't hear anymore? Why is she yelling at me.
Speaker 13: It does soundly she's angry. That's the demo right there. I don't like to talk about this stuff usually. But years and years ago I dated a nice young lady who worked an Applebee's. Oh nice waitress lady, and she revealed to me that they called each other apple buddies.
Speaker 5: As opposed to f buddies.
Speaker 13: No, no, no, no, they'll well, actually maybe, but that was the beginning of the end, because you better believe I never missed a chance to call her an apple buddy after that.
Speaker 5: Did she have an apple bottom?
Speaker 13: That's all I'm gonna say. And I told you I don't like talking about this.
Speaker 6: I love it when Mark is uncomfortable all the stuff he says about me, and I'm just supposed to take it.
Speaker 5: But I love to keep me here.
Speaker 13: His whole body just he tends up. Oh yeah, he's clenching, fully clenched. This is a long time ago statute of limitations. As far past I dated an apple buddy briefly, briefly nice.
Speaker 14: It makes honey grilled chicken and honey peak a taste of honey heaven.
Speaker 6: Pepper steak is not a taste of honey heaven. It isn't is pepper steak is is? You know, dinner at two pm?
Speaker 5: Food?
Speaker 6: Pepper Steak is nineteen seventies eating. Remember that restaurant Loves when you're in Loves the whole World's delicious.
Speaker 5: It's just one of those restaurants.
Speaker 6: It's one of those comfort food restaurants where you go in and everything smells like blue hair.
Speaker 5: That's how I can describe it.
Speaker 6: It smells like bingo, Peinnuckle and Bridge Club at one point thirty and everyone's eating dinner at two when asleep by four. It's like, because I'm sure you're familiar with this, it's like walking into a spires.
Speaker 5: Yes, that kind of smell.
Speaker 6: Got a spires on some Pulvida and Western exact that that was the lick as they say, that was a great place.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I loved me some spires.
Speaker 13: I don't know if anybody under the age of eighty understands the blue hair reference, but old people genuinely used to women particularly would put bluing in their hair. That's where that comes. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Thank you for explaining that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because I sometimes forget they won't get that as a dated reference.
Speaker 13: So I had asked my grandmother about that because every time she went to the golf course, she hung out with a bunch of other blue hairs. And I gotta tell you those commercials for Applebee's or Subway or whatever, those are scientifically designed to drive people like my grandmother insane with desire and hunger.
Speaker 6: The marketing on that was so accurate because my parents and grandparents loved Spires.
Speaker 5: Loved Applebee's.
Speaker 6: And did you ever eat at Love's, Stephan And I can't say that I have at that one.
Speaker 5: I spend a lot of time Inspires, though.
Speaker 6: We went to Spires about once a month, and I loved it because I always got breakfast food and you could get you could get breakfast there twenty four to seven.
Speaker 5: It was kind of like Denny's.
Speaker 6: But my father hated Denny's because it used to be called Sambo, so he refused to go to a big serious it's a chase, sorry, and so we would go.
Speaker 13: To Spires because that's basically a local Denny's.
Speaker 5: It is, that's suuly what it is.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to see if I can find a Love's commercial, because they had a great jingle.
Speaker 5: I'll see if I can find it. Well, let me see if this is it when.
Speaker 15: You're in.
Speaker 12: When you're in love, When you're in loves gives you a lot to like good food and lots of are talking about food. So many people have come to love love when you're in love.
Speaker 13: Oh, I think they want to get ready for the bus quiz. The tune was so innocent and then he comes in like DJ Smooth, like loves. They want you to eat good in the neighborhood it loves.
Speaker 5: Oh, there's a lot of loaded comments in there.
Speaker 13: Let me tell you.
Speaker 5: We got to go to Bregis.
Speaker 6: Later with Mo Kelly KIM six forty we're live everywhere the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Mo Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 6: And the word, the word always changes from generation to generation. And the things that we used to say as kids that confused and confounded our parents now our kids. In some cases grandkids are talking in the language that just doesn't make sense for the most part.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing which is really different.
Speaker 6: When I was growing up, you could say someone was moted, or we're bagging on them, we're snapping on them, or something happened to them, they.
Speaker 5: Got vict or they got gaffled.
Speaker 6: Those words hung around longer, if only because there wasn't social media, there wasn't the Internet. Now language is changing like this, like that, you know the words that were used last year, like I can't stay on fleek anymore. They look at me, like, what are you talking about? That was like last year two years ago? Yeah, you get clown? Yes, and we still say clown and I don't think they say clowns anymore.
Speaker 5: But look, I wouldn't know. Okay, we're talking about people forty years younger than me.
Speaker 6: But there's this new movement on social media where you have younger people trying to educate older people, like you know, children educating their parents on what the latest lingo is like.
Speaker 16: For example, good Sigma, bad, skibbity, delusional, romantic, not true, cap the greatest ever, goat.
Speaker 15: Booty looking better than someone else? Someone you love, Pooky, something that's weird.
Speaker 6: Sus I knew two of them, maybe two, like sus I liked her Get Yeah, Susan, I could figure out Pooky, but that's not something I.
Speaker 5: Would have said.
Speaker 17: No like as a phrase like girls used to say that back in the day and then after New Jack City no one wanted to say pooky anymore because I was a crackhead who yeah, yeah, So like again, things come and go. Some of these words. I have heard my daughter clown because I have said that's cap and she said.
Speaker 13: Oh my god, Daddy, no one says that's cap like that.
Speaker 17: That's not how you use it in the sentence. She said that to me, and I said, that's not how you use cap in a sentence.
Speaker 6: They have almost their own lexicon and language because only they can understand it.
Speaker 5: And there are enough words where you can almost.
Speaker 6: Have complete sentences and conversations with these words and expressions which completely go over our heads. And that's saying nothing of text language conversations.
Speaker 17: Do you know what the op is? No, there's a dance studio. A daughter wants to get back in the dance and she said, and there's a dance studio not far And I said, oh, you know, there's a dance doero right there. We should have rolled you. She said, are you serious? That's where the op goes. And I'm like, what is the op? My opposition? Those who are against me the op? And I said, are you serious? She said she was yeah, She said, yes, very serious, I.
Speaker 6: Can't say I've heard that before, but it makes sense in their world.
Speaker 5: Why it makes sense?
Speaker 17: Why not just say, you know people that don't like the op, so the op goes.
Speaker 13: I'm like, she clowns you, daddy, No care, no cat, It's all part of the eternal circle of life, and you'll never hear escape that. All you guys are doing is giving me flashbacks to like Bill Cosby walking around in one of those sweaters pronouncing things to be fly, although now we know he might have been talking about his fly or Spanish fly. Yeah, yeah, exactly, keep your hands away from your fly.
Speaker 9: Good sigma?
Speaker 5: What is that.
Speaker 13: Sigma that honestly sounds like the beginning of a frat house?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a Greek letter, Yeah.
Speaker 6: But it takes longer to say, Yeah, I look, I figured out goat and.
Speaker 13: Sus be around forever bringing goat.
Speaker 5: I have no idea, but it's good sigma. Bad skibbity, delusional, knew that one?
Speaker 15: Romantic?
Speaker 5: Nope, not true? Cat, do that one?
Speaker 15: The greatest ever?
Speaker 8: Goat?
Speaker 18: Yes, booty, what got Booty? No like got like? Oh yeah that that that's just cutting off the kinetic got it?
Speaker 15: Not true?
Speaker 2: Cat?
Speaker 15: The greatest ever goat booty.
Speaker 6: Oh, now I got it. You took yeah, you took out the y. Yeah, uh uh.
Speaker 15: Huh booty looking better than someone else.
Speaker 6: Never heard mogging, magging, moddy, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 13: That's something was just for me.
Speaker 6: And we would say me muggy, like you know, you stare in someone like you want to do something, but I don't.
Speaker 15: Know, looking better than someone else, mugging someone you love.
Speaker 6: Pooky. Now we would say boothang, booth. You know, it's like, who who is that?
Speaker 5: Who's that? Oh, that's my booth thang?
Speaker 13: What if I prefer English? It is English, is it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's used within it's slang, but it's still English slang.
Speaker 13: But pooki is a weird one because that's so generic. That's something from like the fifties.
Speaker 6: Almost pooky is Honestly, that's a cultural, culturally specific reference. Pooky was usually a nickname of someone in the neighbor neighborhood. It could be Pooky, it could be Ray, ray, babe. Pooky was just like, it's almost like someone in the neighborhood. Now they've attached a romantic aspect to it.
Speaker 13: Yeah, that's weird.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's all weird.
Speaker 6: But speaking of young people, just want to get a quick shout out one of our younger listeners, Justin Lee Schultz, who want to congratulate him. He's a musical prodigy. He's turning eighteen tomorrow and he's having a birthday show at the Moroccan Lounge here in La tomorrow, Friday, February seventh. The doors are opening at six thirty pm and the show starts at seven fifteen pm. You can get tickets at www dot official Justin Lee Schultz. That's Ultz dot com. In fact, a Grammy Award winner Corey Henry who was just on the show. He was going to be there. He will probably sit in for some part of the set. Robert glasper D, Smoke and other special guests will be in attendance as well. So first happy birthday to Justin Lee Schultz and congratulation on his show.
Speaker 5: Turning eighteen.
Speaker 6: Now he's grown, he probably knows a lot of these words none of us know, but he probably knows him sounds sus well done, well done, pookey, something that's weird, sus k I k if I am six sporting.
Speaker 5: We're live everywhere, no cap on the iHeartRadio app have no access to grind here. What do you think we are? Lumberjacks? How do you even grind an acts anyway?
Speaker 6: K f I, K O S T h D two Los Angeles, Orange County live
Speaker 1: Everywhere on the radio app