Speaker 1: Hey everybody, it's Tuesday, June third.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Giant BombCast, Episode eight hundred and ninety three. I am your host, jan O Showa joining me as always today's co captain of the Ship and the bad boy of themes media like Manati, Oh gay.
Speaker 3: I'm the cow captain again. I forgot about that. I like it when Jeff's not.
Speaker 2: Here, that's right.
Speaker 1: Uh, mister Jeff Grubb is out on assignment, and that assignment is going to l a way too early.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But that's okay, folks.
Speaker 1: We always have another Jeff in our pocket, and he's in our front pocket, right next to our hearts, ladies and gents, because he has no heart, so he's just trying to feel what it's like.
Speaker 5: Jeff Beckler, these are all facts. These are all facts. I regrettably do not have a can that I can also open the second we begin recording. I'm glad you can provide that interesting foley work, mister Riker. I'll let you introduce him though.
Speaker 2: Jef. He's a dan, a dancer.
Speaker 1: He's he's master of bananas and trampolines.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: He's bringing his own trampoline and kiddie pool to SGF campus. No one told us we can't, Dan Riker, I.
Speaker 2: Love trampoline so much.
Speaker 4: And when I was a kid, I was at my friend and m Jeski's house and we did the thing where we accidentally double bounced and I went flying. And this is back in the nineties where we didn't have all these weak kids protectors on the springs, and so it's just bear springs and my leg goes through and it's the metal springs sliced my calf from like ankle to knee. I'm bleeding profusely. I go in the house and I'm like, I need to be bandaged up. And Andy's older brothers like, oh, you know we need to do You need to put lemon juice on it. And so we grabbed lemon juice and poured it on there. And that was a prank. It hurt a lot worse.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, there's a lot of people out there who go and talk about you with this like, oh, he's the luckiest guy alive. Oh everything works out in his favor. You're just friend, You're just not listening. You're you're doing what we call selective hearing. Well because you're not allowing yourself to hear the dozens of times that this guy has become.
Speaker 2: Within a hair's worth of death. Okay, we're gonna die from lemon juice. You could have cut an artery. Who knows. It was very bloody.
Speaker 5: So I'm just saying everyone who's like me, I wish I could have the damn Look, well, you're gonna have a couple like piece of hardware installed in your body as a result.
Speaker 2: It's a good trade off. It's fine.
Speaker 4: I got distracted by the trampoline thing. I do want to point out that Mike did say cow captain.
Speaker 1: Earlier, a cow captain.
Speaker 2: He said he's a cow captain. Yes, what does that mean?
Speaker 4: If you checked the tape, No, he was trying to say co captain, but he said it weird and he said he was the cow captain.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm not saying it's a bad thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, Armies get on the line, because then we can deem Mike Manati the cow captain because of all the beef.
Speaker 5: There we go as a as a son of a cow captain. I can confirm it's.
Speaker 1: What do you guys say the cow captain is like?
Speaker 2: Is that a for cows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you look like a milkman though, Like, so you're in all white.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to like camouflage yourself as a cow so they'll accept you.
Speaker 3: I'd like so many milk products, but milk itself is still kind of weird.
Speaker 1: That's fine. I mean the cow captain, not milk captain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't have to like drink milk constantly to prove your your your seniority.
Speaker 2: What do you considering milk products? If not milk?
Speaker 5: Don't just shut I've had it this week.
Speaker 1: Actually, I've never heard of invincible. I don't have kids.
Speaker 2: Okay, Pancake, you're the one. You are the one who's weird about the invincible thing.
Speaker 4: I just said I hadn't heard of a show I hadn't heard of, and you were the one who made of the thing, and.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard of it. Either hasn't heard of it too.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: That's that's a really, that's what we call UH an almost invisible UH sample size number one and number two. Mike's upset because you said something to the effect of, like, how would I know about what invincible is? I don't have of children?
Speaker 2: Is I just Googledn't it looks like a kid's show? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Apparently I'm wrong all that, but it looked like a kid You're not for assuming it's a kid's thing. You're just very frustrating. No, I'm aware, and that's where that's where Mike's coming from.
Speaker 2: And that's why I allowed. I don't mind Dan being Dan. It's because dude will own up to it. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: She's owning up to wrong, up to the kids show its wrongs, not owning up to it being I don't know they added that kind I just look.
Speaker 1: I know. I'm not even watched Invincible, and I have been.
Speaker 3: Exposed to it through a social like osmosis maybe a thousand times.
Speaker 2: But you follow different things in people than I do.
Speaker 4: This is not a fun would show before.
Speaker 3: People would have done the meme like the think thing or the look at the like look what they need to match our power.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what you're talking, Mike.
Speaker 5: I have no doubt. I have no doubt, And maybe this will provide some sort of relief to you, but I have no doubt in my mind that at some point Dan was exposed to Invincible memes or media in some way. I just didn't look mac God forgets a lot of stuff. We know this, we know this, Okay, that's all. He knew what The Walking Dead was and that's a very famous comic book, so you know he I'm sure he got he rubbed up against it.
Speaker 2: Do you ques?
Speaker 1: Do you know what The Boys is?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Bonk has watched that and said it's good, and I trust her depending on stuff, and so it is on the very long list of stuff if I ever have time to watch a show I would like to.
Speaker 1: Watch interesting because like The Boys and Invincibles on the same streaming service and kind of it's another.
Speaker 5: Showy they they gravitate towards the same sort of thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh okay, which is interesting.
Speaker 1: Going back to the cow captain thing, I have not been able to get ham time out of my head.
Speaker 5: Out of your cow captaincy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I was. I went to a ham store over the week. These are pigs. These are pigs, I know, I know, They're just they're animals. They're friends, right, they like when Noah brought them onto the Ark, it was like cows, all right, pigs next, right?
Speaker 2: So right, He's like Deli Gang, where are you at I.
Speaker 1: Ran into one member of the deli gang and it was almost a thing parenthesis positive. But I was at the ham Store and I was just laughing to myself and just whispering, Amn, time is.
Speaker 5: The Ham Store just a deli?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's like a honey bak, It's a honeybake ham, so like, oh, it's specifically ham Dan.
Speaker 2: Yes, sorry, were you done? Because I didn't want to interrupt. No.
Speaker 1: I just thought it was hilarious that there was a bunch of Hams and then like that, I like popping myself in public places and people thinking I'm slightly insane by just like whispering something like.
Speaker 4: Time out loud, Yes, okay, nice. Yeah. I went Mike to give me some credit here. She frustrated with me about pancakes and stuff. I want you to know, Mike, you don't even hear most of the things, Julia.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not posting about most things.
Speaker 4: This morning, this morning, literally forty minutes ago, I was going to eat some grapes, and I noticed that some of the grapes were like very bright and green and bulbous and good to go, and then some of them were like kind of withered and like yellow.
Speaker 2: Ee, you know.
Speaker 4: And I was like, Oh, some of these are good and some of these are bad. And I realized the ones that went bad were the ones that were individual, not on.
Speaker 2: The thing, off the vine. Well, that's the vine, that's the thing.
Speaker 4: And in my head, in my head, the dialogue that happened was like, Oh, the ones that aren't connected to the bundle are bad. And then I thought, Oh, that's probably vine. That's probably what grapevine is. Because I've heard the word grape vine. I never considered that's what that the bundle thing was. And in my head I saw that myself and didn't even tell anyone about it until now. So see, Mike, I am saving you from this happens many times a day and you hear about maybe one a week.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to deal with it. We're co owners.
Speaker 1: I want to I want to sell my shares.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listener, listener, I have a couple ideas for content.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to like common and subscribe books please.
Speaker 5: I just feel like we need to start like it would be to me be a real chuckle, be a real real knee slapper if we went ahead and just sort of like in nothing more than one sentence, kind of just like you know, Mark these milestones, we're like, hey, June third, Dan discovers what a grape vine is, Like, just.
Speaker 2: Heard the word. I knew the heard.
Speaker 4: I've heard heard it through the grape vine a million times. I never thought about it being a shoot vine.
Speaker 5: I just think that is a good question.
Speaker 2: Chat.
Speaker 5: I'm going to get to that right now. But I do think it would be fun to have like a collective of three hundred and sixty five things that you learned in a year.
Speaker 1: A calendar, like a page a terror calendar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be sick like today, Dan on, Hey Dan, what's a raisin? That's a shriveled up grape.
Speaker 4: There we go, folks. Hey, Okay, I think you just put a bunch of grapes out in the sun. They're going to turn into raisins. Not wrong, takes time.
Speaker 2: It's fine. I'm I'm totally cool with you saying that.
Speaker 1: I was like, not horribly upsetting.
Speaker 5: That's fine, that's fine. I love I love it.
Speaker 1: I guess grapes are kind of berry related. But did you all know that blueberries have an obscene amount of pectin in them?
Speaker 2: Yes? What's that?
Speaker 1: Like natural jelly. So like, I tried making like a blueberry juice and I just blended an obscene amount of blueberries that ship solidified. It looked like one of those two b thingies from a rainforest cafe. Sure I know this, Yes, Mike.
Speaker 5: Blueberries are They're they're wild, huh.
Speaker 2: I like, I'm new to the blueberry scene. But then so much character.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, hey, are honeydew and canialopes the same thing, just in different fonts.
Speaker 5: Don't ask me, I'm not asking you. That was really directed tobaccolar. It is a canaloupa melon. I guess, so right, yeah, so yeah, so they're probably just cousins. I guess, Okay, they're there. They taste I think in a I think, in like a blind taste, you'd probably think they're closer in taste, and then maybe they they are. But I mean, I love both of those I celebrate both of those fruits.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I someone had in the chat had said, bring the deligang onto the dumb truck, and I will never do that for their safety and my own, because which when I ran into a member of the Deli gang shouts out to young keV he was like, yo, dog, you gotta make good. I'm like, what do I got to make good on? Do I owe you money?
Speaker 2: Young keV?
Speaker 1: He was like, nah, you're in the gang, so you gotta get yetted up. And I'm like, I don't have time to get tattooed right now, Young keV. And he goes like, hey, mark your days January. You gotta get yet when you come back. I'm like, all right, okay.
Speaker 5: Do you need Yeah, what do you need to get? I need to get Deli Gang tattooed onto me. We're on your knuckles.
Speaker 1: Well he young keV has it on like his.
Speaker 5: Ribs in like gothic font or like what.
Speaker 1: Like the tattoo font? Yeah, I guess the Gothic.
Speaker 4: Deli Gang and then have all of aj styles kids names underneath it.
Speaker 2: Okay, cool, cool, cool, cool cool? What's your favorite Deli meat? To your head?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm so basic.
Speaker 5: I just know I was asking.
Speaker 1: The question for the group.
Speaker 5: No, I mean I kind of get like your roast beef guy, right, like.
Speaker 1: Only sorry question chance question, This is turn jam.
Speaker 2: You know I like shoots counts right?
Speaker 5: Does hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Jed, are you are you like getting Italian on me. Hell yeah, I've been gained I've been given gifted Italian membership by one Jesse Vittelli.
Speaker 3: So okay, and I want revoked that I I approved that. It's so it's so messed up. How anti Italian food Jeff Grove is really yes, he hates He's like, he's like Pausas Ohio, which is the best food ever.
Speaker 1: There's so much Italian here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but come on, Mike whoa No, Backler only counts East coastuff like the East Coast thing where all of the flyover states in the Midwest, The Midwest has good food and ship Italians here.
Speaker 2: I don't doubt food is edible.
Speaker 5: I'm perfectly confident that it is edible and you can actually you know, have calories there. It makes Yeah, what just what did happen?
Speaker 2: Okay? Uh?
Speaker 5: What I guess I'm trying to say is that young almost more Italian than Anadius.
Speaker 1: What I'm trying to say, Wow, Well, no, I learned something about Vitalian over the weekend that I'm not.
Speaker 2: Learned that he's Italian.
Speaker 1: Elmo, Actually, yeah, Elmo, it makes sense. Sesame Street, like is Sesame Street canonically in New York? It seems some do feel Brooklyn, Yeah, yeah, it's Italian. What is what is the the city of Burton Ernie their happy everyone happy pride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're in Philly, brotherly love and all that winky face?
Speaker 4: Uh Or do you think that, like like Kansas City barbecue is just like fine, Like.
Speaker 5: No, it's great. I've had I've had tons of barbecue in Texas and all that stuff. It's tremendous.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, all right, so you agree that there there's food outside of the East Coast that is good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a fun bit I like to do, and I think most people are in on the bit without a doubt. It's better here, like empirically better food. Yes, absolutely, the stuff that you.
Speaker 2: Care about, bagels or pizza or anything.
Speaker 5: Of course, however you just said bagels whatever, that's fine too. I don't know my brains is yeah, my brain just farted out and was just like I think he meant bagels.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, I'm not going to eat a burrito anywhere else other than maybe Texas unless maybe perhaps I don't know anyway, video games, Oh, Arizona, Okay, fine, New Mexico.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I get it. I get it.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I had a really good breakfast Burrito New Mexico, and then I had to pick up an obscene amount of food for the TV show. And that's when I was like, still kind of new. So I didn't know how the company card worked, so I didn't leave a tip. But then it was it was like a small mom and pop joints, but so we pretty much gave them their sales for the day, so I thought it'd be fine. And then I get the receipt afterwards, and my boss at the time was like, Yo, how come there's one hundred dollars tip here on the charge? And I'm like, oh, they wrote their own tip in Oh no, not cool. Are they even allowed to do that? I guess they could just do things right. Yeah, I mean, anyway, it wasn't my money, so I don't care. Speaking about games, Jeff Grubb isn't here to talk about it, but big Chat.
Speaker 2: He's got some news in the chat. He's getting the switch cancers like flying in the chat. Switch getting canceled.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently like his charge isn't going through and doesn't know why from Walmart.
Speaker 1: And get that fixed.
Speaker 2: My one's going to do that too, because I use my corporate card and.
Speaker 5: I heard Walmart you can change the payment processor on the target order. I heard I did hear a lot of people complaining about Walmart doing something last night where a lot of people were like offered twenty four hours to repurchase their switch.
Speaker 3: Teck on the ones who did have it canceled. But mine's looking great. I think mine's fine. Min's still arriving by June fifth, So that's all right. I'm doing okay fantastically.
Speaker 4: From Jeff Grubbs saying good job on Raisins, Thank you, grub Jeff Grubbs.
Speaker 2: My text, huh, what the fuck? Let me see was my?
Speaker 4: Mine still says estimated Wednesday, June eleventh, but I don't believe it at all.
Speaker 1: So all right, anyway, Jeff Grubb is hopping on over down to California, which is a big hop just like the game he played and Mike Manatti watched him. There's an unfinished on the website. Now go watch that at the same time as this. Okay, so don't click off of this, click both juice whatever, I'll go. We gotta But in the meantime, that game looked cute. Mike Manatti was it cute? It was cute?
Speaker 3: Yeah, check out that unfinished quick clokh. I like three D platformers a lot, and I am always happy to see more indies tackling the genre. We's gotten some good indie three D platforms, but we haven't had that right they call shovel night moment with them where we get one of these that's like, oh, this is actually just as good as the games it's inspired by, right, so, and it's like a tall order, like I want a three D platform but that's as good as Mario sixty four or you know, like Banjo Gazilli or stuff like that. You know, I'm not I don't know if this one is it, but it has that promise. It just looks like it's a ton of fun to play because it kind of has some Odyssey vibes with just the set.
Speaker 2: Of moves you acts.
Speaker 1: You have like the dive.
Speaker 3: You can even like grab onto walls, you can do wall running, so it's just like a lot of things you can do.
Speaker 1: So you kind of have.
Speaker 3: That three D platforming jazz that I like a lot, where you can kind of just figure out your own ways to get to places.
Speaker 4: You got some chameleon twist in there too. I played the demo this weekend, and there's the tongue and you can you can grapple and swing and it's got a beefy demo, the free demo. It's so you can get a lot of gameplay out of that. But yeah, Mike, I'm with you. It's it is. You know, I wanted to love of ukulele and stuff like that, but we haven't quite gotten there. Like you said, the shovel Time moments a great way to put it. Uh, this this does seem like a really, really good one of those.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was going to bring up ukulele while you were talking about that, Mike, because I really wanted to enjoy ukulele more. I wanted to enjoy Pennies Big Breakaway more, but nothing was quiet Time papped into that feeling that that spoon Heaven moment.
Speaker 3: Just spoony tuned. Uh yeah, I think that that That's exactly right. God, it's so secuting twist, Dan, I was that was like one of my favorite rental games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is the rental game. Yeah, no one ever bought that game once.
Speaker 1: No, some people were rented it that they made a sequel and we rented that tip.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the GBA is one of my favorite consoles or handhelds of all time because there were so many different two D platform platformers that like would just going for it.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 1: Remember Blender Brothers. No, no, God, maybe this is because I'm a youth. I remember snow Brother Hell yeah brother. Yeah, Blunder Brothers was one of those like, hey, let's just take an animal with big ears and make them hop and bop around.
Speaker 2: Weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, God, GBA great. I just wanted, okay, and never bring down a console when we go to these trips, but I might just load up the analog with a bunch of GBA stuff.
Speaker 2: That's a good system for that. Yes, it was very good.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's hop on to the next game.
Speaker 2: Mike Manatti.
Speaker 1: You streamed quite a lot of this last night on your own. Claire Obscure Expedition thirty three.
Speaker 3: Did a lot of that just the last few days, basically kind of the last third of the game, and I beat it last night the video game. Yes, I finished Claire Obscure. I wanted to make sure I did that kind of before SGF.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Also, it was the game I wanted to keep playing anyways, Like on Sunday alone, I think I played slash streamed it for eight hours straight. It's just, oh my god, difficult game for me to once I'm into it because it's just a ton of fun and there is a lot of optional stuff you can do right before the end of the game, and I was having a good time doing it. My My biggest complaint with the game in general is some kind of weird pacing, pacing or balance stuff. I suppose balance is the better way putting it like an act too, So there's three acts in Act two. At one point I went and did a side dungeon halfway through it, and that was fun. It was kind of this challenging side dungeon, but I got so powerful from doing that one side dungeon that the rest of Act two kind of became this breeze. And then like, I don't want to get spoilers, but like Act three, I won't, I won't, But like Act three, like it it opens up this way where you can do a lot of optional content, you know, necessarily, like you know it's optional, but you can like, oh, there's all these places I can go to now, And I was having fun doing that, but I kind of did so much of it that the final boss was practically a one shot for me, and just like you know, like that almost son was cool, like wow, I once shot the boss with like, oh, like the drama. Everything's like I kind of wanted this to feel like a real fight. And there's so much optional stuff that is much more challenging that and I'm glad that's there, but I like having that post game optional extra challenging stuff. I still feel like the final boss of a video game should be like in the top five.
Speaker 1: Of the hardest bosses.
Speaker 3: And again, like there's like a big golf between what I was able to do this final boss is some of the like optional stuff I was coming across or the same hit that one shot the final boss was like a tickle to them, So like that just.
Speaker 1: Seems a lilocer.
Speaker 3: Now you know, all of that aside, And my one tip is when you get to that part of the game where you can do a lot of optional stuff, maybe just go beat the game and then you can do that stuff, because I don't think it was super fun to be insanely overpowered for that.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe for you you'll enjoy that. Yeah, I'm on the other side of the fence with that, Mike, because like, I find myself spending way too much time in jerrpgs grinding up to be overpowered. That I kind of like that it was an easier on ramped for that rather than spending like too many hours exploring the optional stuff because I generally just won't revisit in rpg specifically after I finish it, and it kind of helped with the pacing that also, God, Mike, real quick, how many hours did you clock in after you beat the game? About forty?
Speaker 3: Right about forty hours, which is like, no, oh god, no, that's for one of those that's so nice.
Speaker 5: That's yeah, well yeah, we'll unpack my shit in a minute least.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean, I'm like gesstatic to have one of these games that was more like forty hours. I don't mind, like I don't mind eighty one hundred hour long RPGs.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked that it's become the default.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Honestly, my thought when you said forty was like, oh, okay, because I had already been curious to check this game out, and you're saying forty made me more like, Okay, maybe I could find time at some point and.
Speaker 3: I bet if I bet if you mainline it, which I almost in some ways recommend it, it's more like thirty.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So that part of the place the story is game is very good, and that's not normally the thing that, like I will spend a lot of time praising. I think that this story always remained interesting. It has a twists that feel earned. Even though like the stuff happening is often maybe like supernatural and weird, there's still a logic to it and it kind of makes sense. It doesn't over explain itself. It is primarily character and emotion driven. It doesn't really go for a lot of cheap moments that I think can often happen with these kind of games, especially today. You know, it's not like a lot of shock value kind of like let you to see that, right. Everything feels very earned. Everything feels very mature and adult like in a very kind of I don't know, like I just I feel like I don't want to say, oh, this is a.
Speaker 1: Real story kind of a thing.
Speaker 3: But you know, we do see a lot of video games there where like the story is kind of just, you know, go rescue this person, or this person killed your friend. Now go kill this person, and that's sort of the end of it. There's so much more going on here. I have so many thoughts as just being this name. We should we should do a spoiler cast, we should jan have you beaten?
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm act three, so I'm okay.
Speaker 3: So I was I was gonna specifically ask you, because yes, after SGF, I want to put to and once you finish the game, I want to put together spoiler cast because I think, uh, there's so much to unpack and to talk about, you know, like a lot of mechanics in the game itself and that stuff we've talked about. It still is so good, the way the battles work, how it does sort of depend on these dodges and parrying and kind of building up your party in this really smart way with the picto's and the arts and all this other stuff that you get. So gosh, it's just one of these games that I think I'm going to be thinking about for an incredibly long time. God, the music, the music is so good, and there's so much of it. It's like every fight I feel like it's a new track somehow, But how are they making so much music?
Speaker 2: There's music?
Speaker 3: Oh so I was. I'm just stunned by what they were able to accomplish here accordions.
Speaker 1: Turns out accordians slept on instrument.
Speaker 2: Yeah some twelve monkeys. Shit here, Well.
Speaker 1: He's a savant Backler. Please unpack your ship.
Speaker 5: I know everyone's thinking to themselves. They're driving in their car, they're commuting to work. They're like, fucking Backlar's playing Exhibition thirty three. Like this is not a Backlar video game, right, that's what you're all thinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not driving, but yes everything else you're never driving.
Speaker 5: But certainly we we know, right, Like this is not my shit, right, Like what business do I have playing one of these?
Speaker 2: Right? Like?
Speaker 1: Pretty looking games? Is a pretty looking game.
Speaker 2: It's pretty as hell.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to think of like the last game that would even be tangentially associated in the same genre, right, Like what I don't even know, right paper Mario, Yeah, it kind of right, that is, like with the turn based sort of stuff and the parrying and timing and on that. You know, I don't claim to understand this game. I don't claim to like really also understand what I'm doing in it where I've I'm kind of just like I'm kind of just doing it and I'm progressing and I'm playing, and I'm doing stuff. Am I hyper focused on Like all the pictose and all of the lumina and the points and the flasks and all that stuff. I'm just I'm trying to make sense of all that and it's slowly but surely happening. I'm also like a lot of that is overshadowed just by like the sheer wonder that is that that comes out of me when I see these these creatures, these insane freaks that I meant to battle, and I am won over by the creativity and the design of these beasts that I just kind of don't care. I'm just like I'm fighting. I'm fighting a wagon. Find a wagon that's all four on its two things. I'm just trying to like do that and find and I guess this wagon's got weak shoulders, It's got weak's shoulder points and I'm gonna shoot that, you know. I understand, like obviously, like the action points right like or whatever, those are the ap things I understand, Like the basic sort of machinations of like of like, oh you you spend this, you know, I think the rock paper scissoring of like the ground, ice and fire stuff is just not It's I'm just you know, again, as someone who is not hyper fluent in this kind of style of games, it's it's not I haven't connected all those dots yet. I also have, you know, I've connected. There's just like a lot of you know, I understand, like with the pictos, and then there's like another level below those pictose of like and I understand everything as a level. I get all that. I've played a video game before. This isn't my first one, but it is the first one in a while where I'm like j rpging in a way that is just not my thing, but I love it. It's the thing I want to play constantly. I've just started to really scrape the surface of like the map and the overworld stuff. I think that's really interesting. I've never seen that before, where like you kind of have this like intermediary layer where like you're not on the ground, you're not in the map, but you're sort of like traversing land in the overworld thing. I think that is really interesting. I really dig that the story stuff. For me, where I'm at at about six seven hours now is like, you know, I find that interesting. I like the table setting that has been done. I think that's very unique. It is something very different, I'll say, right, and I think that goes a long way. But yeah, you know, I guess a part of me used to be like, oh fuck, am I playing this game wrong? You know, and I would have like harped on that for a while. But I don't think that's possible in thirty three here. I think you just kind of have to do it, especially if you're like me and you're like, well, I'm only going to really digest around sixty five to seventy percent of what I'm being told here, and I'm just gonna kind of keep going. I'm assuming I'm going to hit a wall at some point, maybe where I've like not specked out my team the right way or or an effective way, and maybe I'll need to like lower difficulty at some point. But right now I'm loving what I'm doing there. It is a pretty ass game.
Speaker 3: It's pretty I think what's great is, you know, I don't know if you will hit a wall because part of the reason why the game's overpowered is the game can be pretty generous with the amount of experience points you get, and there's multiple things you can be good at to help you at least beat the game. So maybe you're really good at kind of making a build with the pictos things like that. Maybe you're just very good at parrying and dodging.
Speaker 2: I mean, you've never I'm a good gamer.
Speaker 5: No one's pointing the finger at me, being like, oh, look at this guy. But yeah, no, I think you're right. I think I'm like I think just by doing the thing and awarding points and just making sure that I'm spinning all those plays, right, I do think like you can get to a place where like you've ignored a major component, like I was kind of ignoring the loomia stuff for a while, or lumina stuff where I was like, oh, I didn't realize these blue numbers need to be thrown into the pictose stuff, right, Like that's a whole other, a second or third layer below the surface where I was like, you know, a part of me is also like why do I need to curve about this? But you know it's it's I think I think for me, like seeing the net positive of all those under the hood machinations. I you know, I don't know if I've like really understood the gravity of those decisions and those point awardings and whatnot, but I'll get there, and I think I'm learning a lot as I play it, too, which has been uh uh definitely, you know, satisfying, you know, satisfying to kind of see happen.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, you mentioned like just the way the characters look and everything, and you know, this isn't typically my genre, but I can't tell you how many times I've like walked through the living room and seen Bianca playing it and just be like, what's going on with that?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 1: What's this?
Speaker 2: Like a weird little mini game? What's goes? This? A platforming mini games? It's like a weird little.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's like a one rebouncing back and forth, like look like a like you're on a raft and stuff like that. This is a this seems like a weird game in a way that I appreciated. Yeah, everything I hear about the combat and everything, it's like, okay, that is. The times I've been able to get into RPGs have been paper Mario Mario Luigi. That action based stuff during the fights, and it's like I've been intrigued every time I've walked through the living room.
Speaker 2: So it's got to think of my dress style.
Speaker 1: Man, is just it's got the g Yeah, it's pretty swaggy. It's like it's dripping in swag goo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think this game further proves my personal feeling of I think I am. I think I'm done with high schoolers and a JRPG. I think I just want grown ass adults.
Speaker 4: And I know maybe that's part of why I wasn't immediately turned off too. It's like these just seem like adults on a quest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like you know, there's the rumors of the PERSONA four you make and I'm totally gonna play that. PERSONA six is gonna come out and I'm totally gonna play that. But like, I think I have been able to kind of like attach myself to these characters more, maybe because they are adults and there's like one party member that's like almost an adult and in a different way than like I don't metaphor the ages of everyone was like up and down, but like, dang, with like these people, I feel their pain and maybe it's also because I am thirty three right now that I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I could die right now. I mean I could.
Speaker 1: I think that all the time, but like specifically with this game. Also, my one gripe is that I just wish the main dude didn't look like Robert Pattinson Maybes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, Gustave, Yeah, yeah, he's got He's got that generic ass like flowy hair guy look going on.
Speaker 1: Like I wish I could do that hair, but my head is the wrong shape for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I wish I could do it.
Speaker 5: Air brother, I'm preaching in the choir here, friend, I think you know with the story. You know, obviously this game starts out a certain way, and then about an hour later you're like, well, okay, we are off the reservation, folks. We are in you know, bizarro world. The beach scene, right, I'm not going to get further into it, like is so intense and crazy. And the fact that that, like when you start playing everything is like way calmer. I found a bit jarring, Like I don't understand why that front loaded scene. Obviously I I absorbed the impact of what that was, but that also made me believe that like this whole thing was going to be like that, where like we are constantly on the edge of death at any given moment, and then things kind of get like real pretty and I'm like, oh, all right, well this is a pretty ass games. So I don't know, I found that to be a bit jarring, but you know, still like it.
Speaker 2: Of course, he.
Speaker 1: Has a little bit of that.
Speaker 3: A lot of games I seem to struggle with that juxtaposition, and you know, like there are those silly elements in the game, and I like that breaking it up. Yeah it's not there's say it's like everything is horrible and bad, We're all gonna die. Now, look at this goober. Yeah, let's laugh a little bit, yea, and by tennis with him.
Speaker 5: Yeah weird. That stuff was weird. Hey.
Speaker 2: I also wish this game ran better on a Steam deck.
Speaker 1: If it did, I think I would have completed it like weeks ago. All right, you know, mister Backlar, I think I got another game that may be up your alley. I've been checking out Lush Foil Photography. Sim I'm not one for a lot of these sims. I'm sorry for our truck and train enthusiasts out there. This is one of those games where you just walk. It's like a Pokemon Snap if you took out all the Pokemon and the rails, so it's just a photography game. Finally, you go to different locality, explore around for a bit, and it's just just real nice, nice to zen out, snap some picks. You know, you can get all the manual controls that you would want, adjust your ISO, your exposure, depth of field, you're boke and all that jazz. You also get a little drone so if you are you want to get a specific angle and snap a specific pick, that way, you can go ahead and do that. There's a small couple discoverable things to get to other places in the map, but it's really calm, gentle game to just zone out in and just take some picks. Also, like I don't think this is hyperbole, but I was gonna say, I don't think I'll ever see those those shrine gates in Japan.
Speaker 5: You don't think so? Well, I probably would, but because of tourism, they're going to be super packed.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of nice to just experience it in a in an empty way where I can take my time, I could take the photos. There was a game that came out a couple of years ago. It was made by like a DP. There was also a sim like this where you could simulate it kind of like a plan out like a shoot, where you could put in specific lights, like I need an astro one by one and I'm gonna put it here, and then I'm gonna see where like the spread is, and then you can kind of plan out where your camera shots would be. I forget the name of the game. Of anyone remembers it, please drop it in chat. But like, I wouldn't mind more games like this, you know, kinda it doesn't have to be full like Steam Maker type of things, but just like, oh, I kind of want to recreate a shot or maybe plan out a visit somewhere, Like I do enjoy the aspects of the modern Assassin's Creed games where you kind of can play tourists somewhere and that is nice to do in lush foil photography sim Dan Ryker, Yes, you wrote some things on a game called Hell is Us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I went to Montreal and played three hours of this game. Uh, and it was long enough ago to where it was before we were independent, So really stretching my memory here because I wrote my article for the last place and then my notes were gone. So I'm gonna go off what I remember here?
Speaker 2: Is it the demo?
Speaker 5: Have you have you compared in Control?
Speaker 2: I haven't played the demo, No, you did, be I did the demo.
Speaker 5: Is you you go to like the farm family, Yeah, and then you like get into a cave and you and you you fight the people with holes for faces.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of guys with holes for faces.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they look and the sound design and everything is just the big gimmick here is it's like there's not any handholding and as far as I could see in the options, you couldn't even change it, Like you could change combat difficulty, perry windows, stuff like that, but like no way points are mapp no way points, no quest log, no arrows pointing you towards anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no map at all. And it's like, well, yeah, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I know you're the guy who played this, and you're the big fancy game reviewer here, and I'm totally stepping I do.
Speaker 2: Go by big fancy game reviewer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm stepping on your toes here a little bit, step I do.
Speaker 2: I do believe there's toes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know that's cross there's a PDA right where like you can look at a data pad thing that right, which I found pretty helpful because that is the closest thing you're going to get to like do this next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So it's basically like you know, like one of those you know, red yarn you know chalk pushpen forward things, the corkboard things. Yeah, where it's like you go and you're just trying to you're basically going into your home country and trying to find out what happened to your hometown and your your family and things.
Speaker 2: Like that, and just through talking to people.
Speaker 4: There's like tons of NPCs you can talk to, and it's really smart the way they set of that board. It's like on the left side are questions you can ask about, like quest specific about your family, about the hometown, stuff like that. But then pretty much everyone you talk to on the right also has just like general lore stuff about the world, the civil war that's going on, these different factions and stuff. So it very much behooves you to talk to everyone you meet. You'll find like a little girl in an addict that's hiding. You'll find a priest that's about to be hung, you know, and it's just you ask them all these questions and it does kind of flesh out what's going on in this world and influence where you want to go next. And there's just a bunch of cool mysteries and stuff. There's just like in the middle of this field there's this big amorphous blob event horizon looking thing.
Speaker 2: It's like that looks fucked up. Don't know what that is.
Speaker 4: And like, just through talking to people and getting some context clues and stuff, you'll kind of learn some things. And I was just really intrigued by the confidence in like, no, this is how you're gonna play this game. We're not going to hold your hand like I like that. That does seem to be the big hook of this and I haven't played anything that goes that hard into it.
Speaker 2: You know, it wasn't what I was expecting.
Speaker 1: Dan is more like a Soul's or like an action adventure type of game.
Speaker 2: Like Cry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's definitely a soul it's neither.
Speaker 4: I would say, it's definitely not on the difficulty level of a of a Soul's game. I wouldn't say there's you know, Perry's and things like that. But it's also not super flashy stylish action stuff like a Devil May Cry or Bayonetta or anything. It's kind of its own thing, it is. It's more deliberate than a in terms of deliberateness. It's between I guess the two things we're talking about here, a Devil maycryer from game, you know, but yeah, tonally just yeah, the music, the design, the enemy design. It's just this like oppressive weirdness around you at all times, and like you just kind of feel intentionally lost when you play this game. And I thought that was really cool, Like all the hints and stuff. You'll get some like diegetic stuff where it's like wind chimes and trees that you're following or markings that you're looking for on on the environment, and uh, you know, there are there are games where you could do this type of stuff where it's like, you know, Red Dead Redemption too. You could turn off the HUD and stuff and just go off of like what NPCs are barking out and road signs and things. But this one is like, no, this is this is what the game is.
Speaker 2: So that's awesome.
Speaker 5: It just feels like just different enough, right, Like it's just strange enough, just different enough. I want you know, obviously it's tough to really understand what the no map and waypoint what the real kind of implications of that are. But and I can't tell the if like the open worldness of it all I had, like it does feel open world in a way, but but maybe that's more of an illusion than actual like what you're meant to do.
Speaker 4: It could be kind of more that open zone type thing where it's, yeah, we know where we want to. But on the map that I saw on the yeah, right, I was like, I saw a map, but what am I talking about? It's you will get handwritten stuff, so you will get like, oh, the character gave me this piece of paper with an arrow drawn on it.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like, yeah, because I did remember seeing a map.
Speaker 5: You have a compass, right, Like that's kind of like because people do say like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I think it's like it's got a little bit of like annihilation in there too.
Speaker 2: A little bit. I asked them about that while I was there.
Speaker 4: I was like, I'm getting like a real annihilation vibe out of this, and they're like, that was one of our main.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's some shimmer shit and what is it. It's like late nineties. It takes place in right, like alternate history.
Speaker 2: Very alternately.
Speaker 4: It takes place in like a fictional country that had this like civil war going on.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's weird, you know, I just think it's rat I think it's just different enough.
Speaker 5: Like to me, I didn't really know what to expect. I was going in on vibes only right, because that's why I thought it was a very much a me game, because it was like I thought it was more survival horror kind of thing, but it's it's kind of not I wouldn't call it that, and yeah, I'm into it. I was actually pleasantly surprised that it was not the thing I assumed it was, but the thing it actually is I find kind of intriguing and uh, definitely worth digging more into for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I went in pretty blind, having just seen like the trailers and stuff, and then like once you know, they gave us a presentation before about all this, like you know, no handholding. Was intrigued, and then as I played it, I was like, oh, Okay, this has suddenly become something I'm looking forward to this year.
Speaker 1: Mike Manatti, if this will entice you, the whole enemies or the enemies with the holes in their heads. They look like nobody's from Kingdom Hearts.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, yeah, more of a.
Speaker 1: Fourth kind of guy actually, or unversed even but okay, okay, yeah, thanks Dan, this is on my radar. Now this looks sick al right, Gang, a little bit light on the games because of things going on, Dan, can you say, oh, I can't.
Speaker 2: Say that's I checked today.
Speaker 4: Yes, So I'm going to be pretty light on new stuff for a while because I got des Stranding two and I played like five hours of it last night, and I'm going to keep going.
Speaker 2: That's a big game. I already know that.
Speaker 4: So I just got to get through that thirty hours I played in Japan, then I can get to the new stuff and then I can talk about it on June twenty third. So yeah, between SGF switch and des Stranding two, that's probably going to take up like most of my time this month.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, game we can talk about.
Speaker 1: We played on the second half of VPF against kind of Funny is Elden Ring Night Rain, Mike Manatti, You and I teamed up for Jeff Grubb to take on the Fools of the World and Elden Ring and also the clowns over there kind of funny. They felt so threatened by us, Mike that they needed to bring on a ringer to take on us. True that being said, the score is now one to one Monaco, two to us, Elden Ring to them. We'll settle this in maybe like a dodgeball game. So I want to smash then I can win, Okay, Mike. I wound up digging this game a lot. I actually played more over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh, how did you? Because I played a bit more too. I played with my brothers for a bit, which is nice. So there's three of us minnaughtis so that works out pretty well.
Speaker 2: Scene.
Speaker 3: I had fun playing with you and Jeff. I have fun playing with them. There's still things about this game I find kind of weird. Yeah, but and I also have no desire to play it with Randos. I know there was a patch that came out I think maybe even yesterday, that tried to make the solo experience a bit better, a bit more balanced. There's still nothing for duos, but there's things here I like, I don't know, Jan like, like, who were you playing with Randos this weekend or other friends?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 1: I was playing with complete randos because all of my friends that did pick up Night Rain are on the PS five and no cross play. This is a game that really needs cross play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's rough.
Speaker 1: Uh, Mike, we should talk about how this isn't quite an Elden Ring. It's kind of like a fortniteification.
Speaker 3: It's like it it's so many things that's Fortnite's Monster hunter ish. Yeah, it's kind of a roguelike because it is run base and you're kind of getting random stuff, but you're also playing as these kind of character classes. So that's part of the thing is that it's so many things kind of jam it's one and some of it just doesn't ness necessarily jive with the ways I want.
Speaker 1: To be playing.
Speaker 2: Maybe a Soul is like like the.
Speaker 3: Eleanor Ring stuff with the circle and you're always moving. It's kind of a go go, go go go thing. Yeah, where it's usually a Soul's like, it's kind of like methodical before you fight a boss, really take your time and think about your build and things like that. And oh, the inventory is kind of numbersome, but it's okay. You can take your time right now when you're in a fight. Maybe a tectic and here it's just like we got to run the circle is coming, which is just a wild thing to say, and a sole is like.
Speaker 1: And as far as I remember, we talked about this while we were playing it. But when I just jumped in for the first time after the tutorial boss, you don't really explain the circle mechanic, I believe, and I was just caught in the circle and I kept dying. I was so confused. Also, when you match into I guess a run with Raindos or with whoever, you keep getting reds until you die. All three of you die at like the boss at the end of the night or the end of the day, and so until you get to the where the circle is closing, you can go on throughout the map to take on a bunch of mini bosses, go out for loot and stuff. I think we settled into a pretty good rhythm when we were playing at Mike, did you how is how is playing with your brothers?
Speaker 3: It is funny because you kind of like you kind of learned the ideal way to go about things, and people are already talking about that.
Speaker 1: Like one thing I've sort of heard is like on.
Speaker 3: Night one really uh, focus on getting extra charges for your flask and do things, you know, and that kind of thing. And hey, there go to the mines because that's where you can get the somber smithingstones. The smithing stones you can make your weapons stronger. Maybe Night two is when you're really worried about fighting as many of the kind of mini bosses as you can so that you know then for day three you're you're ready for that big boss. So it's funny because you have all these choices with the character classes, and I like that, even unlocked some more of them, but it almost feels like maybe it's surprisingly rigid and the best way to go about things. Maybe that's an illusion right now, there doesn't seem to be as much of that kind of classic from soft souls like Jazz in there to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my experience from playing with Rando's is a little bit up and down. Generally, at least one party member will know the flow of the game, and then the other third person will kind of be weighing us down a bit because they just keep going off in their own direction because they think.
Speaker 2: It's like super duper open. Right.
Speaker 1: Communication in the game is a little light. I kind of wish there was more modern quality of life stuff like pinging being easier than just like having to open up your map and then circle around your map.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have oddly been really enjoying.
Speaker 1: It, and I could. I finished Elder Ring, but I bounced off of it in major way where I just didn't want to revisit it. I think here because you're locked into classes and it's kind of like a.
Speaker 2: No one, no one get mad at me here. This kind of reminds me of Turbo Mode and Doda. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not saying that I've been playing Doda, all right, I'm clean, everyone, all right.
Speaker 3: I'd rather you spoke more cigarettes than played the same same I don't cigarettes than dodat it into.
Speaker 5: The okay, go to ruin my life and destroyed my marriage.
Speaker 1: Where I do like that the only thing I have to worry about is just having enough souls and ruins and stuff stuff to level up and just visit the bonfire and get going. I also enjoy that you just got to walk by the bonfire and then you just get boosted up in your glasks refill and everything.
Speaker 2: I just don't know how.
Speaker 1: How much legs this game has after the initial boom.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like even you know, just just from what I'm presented with, there's kind of like what eight of these bosses that you kind of have to go through, and even then, like the bosses are different, but what you're doing is maybe kind of similar. So I do wonder, like once I, once you know, finish shit, how much more is there? Maybe you know they can keep adding more. I guess this is a live service game, so we'll see. One thing that's neat. There's this kind of codex in your main hall or whatever, and you sort of unlock these like more traditional one on one fights for each of the classes where you just actually go and fight bosses as as those dudes, and suddenly is much more like a traditional Soul is Like there. I think that's a neat addition. I'd be happy to check out more of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm curious to see if from is going to expand this world or maybe what they could do with a night rate and two down the line. That being said, I would enjoy playing this game more with you and grub. Yeah, I definitely want to check out some more of it.
Speaker 3: I don't I doubt it's going to be something I get super into I think it's a neat experiment. I think even you know, I think there's a rush of concerning maybe negativity around it at the immediate launch. I think more people are coming around to it and then are finding the fun with it and kind of accepting it for what it is. And it seems like from Software is addressing some of those complaints quickly. I do want to try it solo now and see if that feels viable, because part of it is, especially with run based games, a run based game, I'm like, I want to go and do a run right now.
Speaker 1: Well, the only way I.
Speaker 3: Enjoy playing this game is with my brothers, who have families and whatnot, our friends who also have jobs and are busy. It's kind of hard to like be like, hey, let's go do a run right now. I want that to be spontaneous. It's something I can just do, but not to do with randos in a game where deciding where we go is a very important thing. So we're all just around nervous to make the first move, like a bunch of middle school dance kids, right It's it's awkward.
Speaker 1: Sadie Hawkins dance, you know, the dance scene and heavyweights, and then you got counselor to make a move.
Speaker 2: Smoothie always comes back the editing technique.
Speaker 1: Your queen would be proud, Mike, is there a way to end end to run without wiping at the very No?
Speaker 3: So I hate that because like like when you die to a mini boss, you lose a level, and that's often enough to cook you.
Speaker 1: It's like, well, that's losing a whole level. We're done.
Speaker 3: We're cooked here, and you want to just end the run and get whatever rewards you should. But as far as I can tell, maybe I'm missing something that you could just leave, but you don't get like the rewards if you you know, and you get some runes or whatever, and you want those, so you have to wait to at least you fight one of the night big bosses, and when people die to that, then you actually die and feel because otherwise you just keep responding and losing levels and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an interesting loop. I feel like the Monster Hunter crowd would get into it, and sometimes they don't see the Monster Hunter crowd necessarily crossing over to the Soul's like gang.
Speaker 3: Okay, so chat, let's clarify it. And I was wondering about this because you drop when you die, you drop your runs, and I just assume those were the ruins you're carry with you. Apparently that has the level you lost. Also, Oh so I guess you can just get back in.
Speaker 1: This may be done. See, man, this is kind of the classic. I like that from software doesn't have to explain everything to me and these games, but sometimes I'm like, oh, I didn't know that, and I wish I did.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never saw the ruins that I lost when I whenever I would die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're on the map, just like in normal elder rings. So they are there, they are they are doing it's like. And I also get why you would make it difficult for people to leave if you people are playing with Rando's right.
Speaker 1: You don't want people just rage quitting and then everybody else is screw it. So I do get it. Yes, Aja, you were right about this. I was wrong. He was screaming was he said this was how it worked. When I was playing, my.
Speaker 3: Brothers and me and my other brother ganked up on him and told him he was a stupid idiot.
Speaker 1: And of course it doesn't work that way. It turns out it works that way, So my bad on that one. Ah, so they can get absorbed by enemies like in Blood Born, I see, Okay.
Speaker 3: I also got mad at him because we died on the Final Boss and I was like, oh, that's my fault everybody I died to eight times.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, it was your fault. I was like, you're supposed to say how it's your fault too. You're not supposed to agree, supposed to take equal blame. It's bad de corum. Well with that, we're gonna let Mikey cool off. That does it for games Talk. We're gonna go take a quick bricky break and we will be back with the news right after this and maybe merch. I wish I had a record scratch because really we're not doing the news. Yeah, we're talking merch. Was merch Master Mikey on Tuesdays WI.
Speaker 2: Song Wow incredible.
Speaker 1: Yes. Uh.
Speaker 3: We got new merch on the Giant Bomb store, the Giant Bomb in Porium. This is the first wave of merch since we have gone independent. So I am pretty excited about this. I hope people do check out store dot Giant Bomb dot com. We've got four new shirts and a totes you can get the Spoon Heaven shirts, which you know is that game we all hope is going to come out.
Speaker 1: Maybe it comes up very soon, maybe.
Speaker 3: It gets announced that SGF Spoon Heaven, that's the only name for this game. You all know what I'm talking about. So get your Spoon Heaven shirts right now, so you're prepared for the big shadow drop that's definitely happening very soon.
Speaker 1: There's there's the smallest possibility, right Team Cherry, that's.
Speaker 2: Who made uh yeah Heaven.
Speaker 3: So apparently the Steam data based like just got updated. Just don't think for that game, etter there's like more than a small possibility. Still, let's not let's not get our hopes.
Speaker 1: But what I'm getting at is that like they could sneak in a little spoon in the game, right I'll tell you what if? Do you think what are the odds that anybody there knows about Spoon Heavy Because I would.
Speaker 2: Love it, as somebody does.
Speaker 3: If somebody snuck in a spoon Heavid reference to Holiday Silk sog, it would actually be the greatest thing that's ever happened to me.
Speaker 2: Mike, That's the greatest thing that's ever happened to you.
Speaker 3: Well, one time I put on a hat and a wig and I looks really cool and you can look cool too. You can't get your own, uh Rascal Mitch, He's gonna look so cool shirt on the Giant bomb store and all sorts of kind of fun bright colors.
Speaker 1: You can get black, of course, but I think this one looks good and.
Speaker 3: The classic Rascal royal purple pretty pretty fetching in the option.
Speaker 2: Okay, we've created the monster.
Speaker 3: With Now this is good stuff here. I'm so happy that we all bought this bomb together. You could celebrate that moment with the we bought up bomb shirts. I should mention, by the way, that those last two pieces there featured art by Nick Toilet, so thank you so much Nick Way for that. And we bought a bomb from Jaum. This is awesome art of us in Peanuts style, Charlie Brown esque celebrating the independence of gayant bomb. It's a good, good, good stuff here. We got Lucha Deer along for the ride as well. I think this one is very cute. I think this one looks nice in the lighter colors. I like the soft cream here personally, but yeah, plenty of good options for that one.
Speaker 2: Merch Master merchan Master, can I can I ask you you for a segue?
Speaker 1: Sure, Mike, I wish I could carry all of these shirts that I want to buy from store to giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 2: What could I do?
Speaker 3: You know what, Jan, I'm tired of your problems. I am tired of earth these people. I'm tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives. That's what Rascal Mitch said when he's had enough of playing bad video games that had to isolate himself on Mars, a mot bit that you can now carry around with you forever. Thanks to the Mitch on Mars telt bag. Thank you so much to Marsley Lunsford for this awesome art inspired by The Watchman.
Speaker 2: Is it the moon? Wasn't it? Mars? It's Pink doctor. This is an original thing.
Speaker 1: This isn't an illusion or reference to anything.
Speaker 2: My misteak scare me?
Speaker 1: You scared me Chan's help. That's right, it's Mars. I was worried. Look who peak it is the mood at Pink Brother.
Speaker 5: I mean, certainly.
Speaker 1: Seconds what I was gonna say something that could be Probably I thought it was.
Speaker 2: I thought it was fucking I thought it was on the moon.
Speaker 1: Too close to Earth. It's too close. Well, you could still get caught at the tangle of people's Yeah, it was.
Speaker 5: Like the mood is way too close for me to deal with my problem.
Speaker 3: You could get this topek in pink, which kind of matches the color of the planet, or a black which matches the empty void of space. So yeah, both both options theres are pretty good. And then last, but certainly not least, Finally, I can't I can't believe it. Go ahead, jan No, I just said, finally, Oh sorry, mister uh, we finally have a Blike club shirt, our first Blake club shirt, featuring awesome art by jerum Uh. It's got just about all the Blike club characters on here. No Rascal Mitch, but that's why he has a separate shirt. It's kind of a Brady.
Speaker 5: Style he's like, but that's why he has his own.
Speaker 2: Multiple other pieces of dedicated merch.
Speaker 1: I've worked here for almost eight years, and I think this is the first time I'm on a shirt. Look, you guys kept saying that we should do the Merch Master bike shirt and this shirt. I had to be like, guys, I'm on too many shirts already. I had to be like, there's too many like shirts. I think I have more photos of you on my computer and phone than I do some family members.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I may have.
Speaker 1: More shirts now with your face than a new bands I like.
Speaker 2: And you two at home can.
Speaker 1: Do that store dout Giant Bob dot com.
Speaker 3: I mean this shirt alone has what one, two, three, four five pictures of my face on it, along with all of the versions of Dan and Grub that you've come to know and love, like Danic Backgrub, super Dad. All the stars are here in the bike Club Lighty Bunch shirt. So yes, please check that out. Remember all this stuff is supporting us directly. Now this Birchan dies. I know it's a bit shirt heavy this first drop. Try to get some more things in there soon. Maybe no more mugs. I'm tirely these mugs. They've been causing me nothing but problems since I've become in charge of the store. They break, they run out of them, they can't sell them, and then orders get out up and I gotta deal with it.
Speaker 1: I want ship that won't break.
Speaker 5: What Yeah, yeah, mugs do rule though.
Speaker 1: You don't have mugs already. Put coffee in a solo cup. What do you need a mug for No.
Speaker 2: You cannot so it'll melt people.
Speaker 5: You actually, then, god, you actually cannot do that in a dixie cup.
Speaker 2: The jat is all saying they want mugs. Yeah, mugs. Money on the table, brother, all right, I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: Sales or final on mugs grags. I don't want to hear.
Speaker 2: But Mike actually all kidding.
Speaker 5: So we should get new, really good quality mugs, like better than the ones that we had recently. So so let's called I think that's called your next project.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm checking my notes here.
Speaker 1: I'm putty by fucking face on it? Can you do the thing where it's like your face is on the bottom of the mug though everything else plan? And then I bet I can't absolutely cannot do that.
Speaker 5: I don't know if you get print down there, I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll take we'll take a look for that, but I doubt I'm not allowed to do that. So yes, buy a shirt, everybody, and while you're at it, I have the shirts way, Yes, me too. That makes I am excited. Thank you so much all these artists for for contributing such amazing pieces. It's been a ton of fun. All right, Jenda shows back to you. Well, give it back to me. We're going to do a pass and play here tossing the ball back to you for news. Let's roll the music again.
Speaker 1: Look at me, I'm the news man. Crub can go to hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's called Los Angeles. Yeah. I was gonna say he's there.
Speaker 3: I think he's actually heading the Disneyland right now. So I'm very very jealous and upset. Sorry, Oh, this is a great time to have like the green tea go down the wrong hole. And I'm just feeling like very coughing right now at the moment.
Speaker 5: Wait, did you say you're feeling very coughing.
Speaker 1: Well, I used to say not him.
Speaker 3: I used to say I feel very coffee because you know, I'm coughing, and people are like, what do you mean you feel like coffee?
Speaker 1: I'm like, no, I'm just I have the essence of coffee. If we make a new mug, I should be on it. Yes, yeah, Mike, then you can, you can design it, you can sign, you can refund the people like my mug broke.
Speaker 5: Wait, Mike, the way you're talking about it is as if people don't deserve refunds.
Speaker 2: If the mug breaks. You're talking about it like you're like, they should.
Speaker 5: They should just have gorilla glue.
Speaker 2: Pieces ship back together and we sell gorilla glue on the store.
Speaker 6: I mean we could, we could, sure if fucking I don't know what to tell you, right, Okay, okay, hold on, somebody sent me a coffee with jan design for a mug.
Speaker 2: One more pitch. Okay, there we go, there we go.
Speaker 1: I think Dan and I were talking about this, but I think we should sell a shirt. It says b Danza and then an arrow pointing you this way, and then another one saying but Janza arrow pointing pretty good.
Speaker 2: That is a shirt for two people.
Speaker 5: It's only only available in yellow, and the text is blue. And that's it. The blue for one and red for the other.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 1: It's just so many good ideas, you know.
Speaker 5: I think, so the mugs we have to pre order. I don't think we could.
Speaker 1: You're kidding me. That's that's because the store. Here's the problem.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, Mike, you cannot. You are not allowed to be upset in the seventy two hours in which you've taken ownership of this part of the business. I'm people like myself and other people who've had to fucking deal with this for years.
Speaker 1: So out of those things that you actually buy inventory for that the store doesn't know. For a while, we had forty four orders go out with that mug on May tenth that we had no mugs for. All these orders are held up and I'm fixing it. I got it.
Speaker 5: It's greaty. I yes, systems not perfect. Okay, we know this, we know this in charge of we know it's a problem. Just crashing out over most you are crashing.
Speaker 2: Over merch customer service. I've never seen a mug crash out like this before.
Speaker 5: It was like, goddamn, am I glad to have a debut on the BombCast? Listen to me?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, it's problems, problem, mistakes are made. I say that Freeze a lot in that of these days.
Speaker 1: I'm enjoying this new aspect of my job.
Speaker 5: I really no, but like, we'll get it to a good place, and I'm excited to have you lead it up because it's awesome. It's just awesome that you're dealing with. I think it's it's fun for all of us to watch you do this and for the audience to watch you do this.
Speaker 2: Uh, to realize.
Speaker 3: I threw myself at this, largely out of guilt because they're in all the SGF planning. I was just like, I am not very helpful. It's only things that had happen. I'm just sitting here like this help happened.
Speaker 5: This had to happen, regardless, this, this was always your fate. You just didn't realize that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, that's right. But here we are, and it's good. We got merch, go buy, and if you have problems, please reach out to me.
Speaker 3: I will fix them. But I love to hear from you. I got some fucking news. Who's ready for it?
Speaker 4: Only looking for the podcast segment, the Merch minute with Mitch.
Speaker 2: There are so there are probably so many small business owners out there who are listening to.
Speaker 5: You, and they are rolling their eyes back into their skull.
Speaker 1: Incredible.
Speaker 3: But as soon as I go like a real job, the complaints of start culling.
Speaker 5: It's it's just tremendous in a way I was not expecting.
Speaker 2: There is some.
Speaker 1: Person working in a warehouse right now listening to the show that just threw his box of mugs on the ground, saying, God damn it. Amen, Mike, that's that little handle that is just not a strong the whole refund waiting to happen. It's just wigh the break off.
Speaker 3: It's just not very strong connecting there. It's just not designed well. The whole mug situation was a mistake, ye.
Speaker 1: Us, the whole mug situation, Mike, the whole mug situation like as as like a design, just the concept of mugs.
Speaker 2: It's a flawed design, isn't it. Folks.
Speaker 5: We've never really taken a step back and appreciated how flawed that design is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean, how are you supposed to grab it?
Speaker 1: It's just a giant like potential, your point of failure, this handle.
Speaker 5: The I still have my beast cast mug, which is like which can hold sixty four hounds, is of hot liquid.
Speaker 1: Never use that for I think I hate it once apparently because people have been asking me specifically about this mythical giant beast cast mug. People don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, people liked.
Speaker 3: That and they want one of those back. I have to see if if I can make that happen.
Speaker 5: What those won't break? The boxes? The problem that the box, I mean.
Speaker 3: The skulls you attack with it will break. But yeah, the mug will be fine self defense.
Speaker 5: It's a self defense mug. That's how we promoted it.
Speaker 3: The Switch To is coming up very similar, just a couple of days away from the release of it, so those reviews should be dropping any moment now right. Well, no, actually there are no switch To reviews from Andy Robinson VGC. It's official. For the first time more than twenty years, there will be no pre release previews for new Nintendo console. According to a company spokesperson, Nintendo cided not the sense switch to review units to press ahead of launch because important features and updates will only be available via a system update on the day of the console's official release on June fifth. It did not say what these updates entail or explain why the media wasn't offered the opportunity to review its launch games like Mario Kart World and Switch To Welcome Tour at in person events instead, like if they with previous console launches such as the we neither did. Explain by critics can't be trusted to cover products with knowledge that additional functional would be patched later, as they've frequently used to. This is weird, in some ways not super surprising. I think Nintendo has been looking for opportunities to kind of cut out traditional media in terms of getting messages out there with its products. That's a big part of that Nintendo today app right, It's like we're gonna tell people about us to you don't have to have weird journalists middle men. I don't know how at like those sell.
Speaker 4: And Nintendo jail is a little cramped right now with all these other guys, Like.
Speaker 1: You can use your mug to rattle on the bars and.
Speaker 5: C and that ship won't break. Listen. As long as I've been in this business, you know, when I was at Senate, we had very as cushy as a relationship with Nintendo as you could possibly ask for. I mean, they they were very accommodating.
Speaker 2: However, I'd be lying if I said that this entire time, it was always like it always felt like.
Speaker 5: They were just always like do we have to like do we do we have.
Speaker 2: To play with them?
Speaker 5: And then when I say them, I don't mean seen it. I mean like media press in general, And I always felt like they kind of like were sort of forced to kind of play ball in a way that they never really wanted to.
Speaker 4: I always them great, Like I was at Lawrence dot Com, and I remember they sent me the Wei and every single launch game like three weeks early.
Speaker 5: Of course, that's like I said, I've seen it. It was gross how over the top they would accommodate it. But I still think there was this sort of air of like, we don't need to be doing this, We're kind of just doing this.
Speaker 3: I know what you mean, beck Lar, And I think that Nintendo, if they can, they would do everything on their own. Yes, they've been much more open to working with other people, but I think it kind of kills them that they have to partner with Universal on theme parks and movies and that they just can't do all of that stuff in house. And like, yeah, I think they hate that they have to trust journalists or the people with the messaging behind these things. They're very sensitive about it. Eyewitnessed it firsthand when I accidentally said how many catch shines were in Super Mario three D World Bowser's Fury, and have been kind of like on a shit list ever since then, even then, Like I still get opportunities to get codes once they launch, blah blah blah. But yeah, I think it's strange, like, you know, there aren't going to be any reviews. However, Mario Kart World, when that game watches, we're just gonna have to wait for everybody to play it and then figure it out.
Speaker 2: It's weird.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's I mean, I guess one hand, it's like, I'm glad that there's not like a Breath of the Wild type situation, because that would be such a more pressing Like Mario Kart, I think everyone's gonna get what that game is right away. Yeah, it's a really good Mario Kart, Whereas like with Breath the Wild, it was huge to have a few weeks to play it before it came out, versus we got in a Nintendo jail and then Tears of the Kingdom I got on release day and it's like, man, how the fuck are you gonna, you know, review a game that's like one hundred plus hours long and you've got it when everyone else did, Like, what's the point at that point?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 5: See, I'm not surprised about the switch to I what I'm thinking about now is.
Speaker 2: Like, we're not gonna get a fucking Donkey Kong ahead of time?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: Is that what that means too?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think they're doing this for the hard work. I Nintendo always gave code pre release. You know, I'm saying, I bet media will get Donkey Kong early. We won't as long as we're Nintendo.
Speaker 5: Well well yeah no, yeah, but yeah, that's what I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Am I asking?
Speaker 5: Is this just because it's attached to the hardware.
Speaker 3: I think that was acial case because of the hardware, And I bet they like are still very electrially. We don't want this this stuff out there. They're gonna leak it or people blah blah blah. I bet they won't be quite as precious when it comes to just sending out codes for Donkey kongin.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which we we understand that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yep, alright.
Speaker 3: Next up here is uh hey, State to Play is happening, so you confirmed State of Play places sho case four tomorrow will last forty plus minutes. This from Wesley yan Pool at IGN and a Placetation blog post. Sunny Interactive Entertainment Content Communications manager Tim Turry said fans will get news and updates on must play games coming to PS five to It continued. The show highlights a selection of great games from creators across the globe.
Speaker 2: Classic is there a trusted source of album.
Speaker 3: The forty plus a bit of show begins on June fourth at two pm Pacific, five pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: Everybody, who's one?
Speaker 3: When we were going to get one of these, it's a little surprising that it's happening right now, right before SGF they get nothing going on. You could have given us a bit more of a heads up about this, but uh, there you go. It's always worth mentioning. State of plays are not PlayStation showcases. They're often smaller events, but they can have some exciting things. And we haven't heard from PlayStation in a while, so I think there are some expectations here.
Speaker 4: State of play PlayStation showcase is usually the smaller. Well what is the big one called?
Speaker 1: Wait second show? State of play places? Get you play second?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, they're conflating everything.
Speaker 3: It's called state of play places. Okay, maybe it is a very big one, then ship.
Speaker 2: Well we're gonna talk over it regardless.
Speaker 1: Talking over it forty Okay, Well then maybe it's huge. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're definitely gonna talk about Uh, they're definitely going to talk about ghost of You'll tay, you'll tie excuse me, that's coming out soon.
Speaker 1: And there's some things we haven't heard about a while, like Wolverine. That's right, we're going to see anything with Yeah.
Speaker 5: Maybe you keep that to yourself if you're a fantasy critic holder of Okay, but they.
Speaker 3: Gotta, you know, maybe we'll see more of heretic not thing. They got to announce some things here though, I think, right.
Speaker 1: Uh is Housemark making another game? I mean the probably oh okay, right right.
Speaker 5: But this isn't gonna be the place where we hear more about that, I don't think.
Speaker 1: I mean, yesterday during game mass mornings, Grub was talking about R nine.
Speaker 2: Is this pa talking about that?
Speaker 3: Residentyone nine rumors have started up again, and I think everybody is sort of thinking.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's time. We've been getting those at a pretty steady clip for a while now.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's not even here maybe at s yet, but honestly, probably at Sony's thing, we do see Resident Evil, and I'm very interested to see what that looks like. Rumors have been saying that it's going to be a bit more open world, like Capcom kind of had an unofficial trilogy of open world games, and it's Ari Engine with.
Speaker 1: Not deaf stranding too.
Speaker 3: The Dragon's Dogma two, then we had Mustard Hunter Wilde and then this Resident Evil. So I want to see what that looks like. I think that's both exciting and also a little concerning because I don't know, you know, it's it's new, it's different. I'm glad they're going to take a chance, but I hope they don't mean I hope it runs well because some of those open world Ari Engine games have not always looked amazing.
Speaker 5: M I am fully vertical for R E nine.
Speaker 2: Why it's all I kind of like those are the games I just.
Speaker 5: Kind of really just care about, like if we're being if we're just mask offing right now, like that's that's it. And I guess now I'm a JRPG person as well, so I've expanded my horizons a little bit. Good for you, thank you, But yeah I wanted spooky.
Speaker 2: I want my survival horror fix itched scratched every three years or so.
Speaker 5: Thank you for thank you for debuting R E nine tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: By the next pomcast, I think we will be talking about Resent Evil nine based on.
Speaker 3: So now you're all now you are kidding my hopes. I was trying to be like, maybe you won't happen. That's okay. But like the last few years, I've really fallen in love with Resident Evil in a way I have.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you just heard about it? Is that what happened?
Speaker 1: We'll happen.
Speaker 3: I used to be a little bit of a whimpy see and I've kind of gotten over that a bit and this whole Resident Evil world here.
Speaker 5: So wait, yeah, you're pretty You're such a badass. Now watch out, folks. We got our regular horror badass over here.
Speaker 1: I like Solent Silent Hill two.
Speaker 2: A lot last year.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 1: A horror that's stuff.
Speaker 2: That stuff.
Speaker 1: But that Reside Before remake is like one of my favorite games ever. I freaking I.
Speaker 5: Love That's really brave of you to say that, I think because it's scary. It's super scary, and like really a lot of dissenting voices in that opinion for sure.
Speaker 2: Polarizing.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, okay, hold hold I love that. For Mikey, I love it. I'm just he's an emirated boy now, Mike manati.
Speaker 1: And rated m for Mike, be careful, that's going to become a mug tomorrow. Break you would like it, just you know.
Speaker 5: I was looking through the support mails, and the first thing Micro.
Speaker 2: Is like, what do you mean it's broken? You could still hold.
Speaker 3: It and you just can't miss anymore, right, Like, it still holds liquid, it's not broken.
Speaker 1: Insured with you like crushing a mug in your hands.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mit the bane of his existence? Wait, so can we wait, Let's bring it back for a second here, h R E R E e.
Speaker 5: Because that was village, right, yes, that was village people. That was like a half step towards open world right more.
Speaker 4: Opens on a wheel center hub and then it's like, okay, the four like kind of maze.
Speaker 1: Oh, exactly like Disney.
Speaker 5: When when the relevant analogy is made, you will get points. And that was kind of perfect. Resident Evil Village Eighth Village is basically Disneyland disney World in Florida, where like, what's in the center is it Epco? No?
Speaker 3: No, So it's more like even Disneyland is in the center is the castle, and then from it the supposed to go.
Speaker 2: To fantasy Land.
Speaker 5: He's right, I'm you're right, you're right, you're right, it makes sense, you're right, Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, kild it. Friend of the show Jason Schreier skeating out something very vague about Jason Tryer liking Final Fantasy Tactics and saying that's one of the greatest games ever made.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait a second, things about this, so Fapacity Tactics we've been hearing maybe a leak if that is coming forever, but also Final Fantasy nine is something troy fifth anniversary, and they keep updating that website. They added a bunch of new character art recently. So there are two potential Final Fantasy remakes we could hear about here, and I think we I think like I'd go vertical for both of them. Nine, I'd go super vertical.
Speaker 1: Four.
Speaker 3: I think a lot of you would go super vertical for Tactics. I hope you get both of them because I really want to play it. And they don't really have anything Found Fantasy on the docket at the moment, so it is kind of time to announce some stuff here while we're waiting for remake part three of some.
Speaker 2: Miikey mike Final Fantasy nine Tactics.
Speaker 1: How's I'll go with it? I'm sure? Why not?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: And there be a little vv on a tile give me, give me tile vv And hey, haven't heard from Kingdom Heart's four In a little bit they showed those screenshots because they canceled that mobile game as kind of a gimbie.
Speaker 1: But maybe that pops up here too.
Speaker 3: I don't know, all right, so we'll be we'll be a reacting to that, those of us who aren't in LA anyways. And again that is tomorrow, June fourth, two pm Pacific.
Speaker 1: This state of play.
Speaker 5: Nothing going on, perfect timing.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, thanks for the heads up.
Speaker 3: It's not the only uh show that's been a noun because Hitman developer io Interactive is going to show uf it's new James Bond game, Double seven First Light, at a special showcase this week from Demi Williams at tech Radar to celebrate twenty five years of the Hitman franchise. A Hitman and foun Fhacy nine are about the same bay too interesting. The first IOI showcase will air online and in person on June sixth at six pm Pacific, provide new details for iois franchises, including Hitman, Minds I can't forget about Minds I, and Double seven First Like that is that James Bond game that has a name now, So that's that's nice. The event will be live stream from Los Angeles on Iois, Twitch, YouTube, and TikTok channels feature exclusive trailers, announcements, gameplay demos, and the live Q and A with key figures from io Interactive, Build a Rocket Boy, and more. The studio has also confirmed that it will showcase it's proprietory game engine, Glacier, alongside announcements regarding upcoming content for Hitman Broad Assassination and collaborations within the Hitman franchise. I think it's exciting that it seems like we're going to be getting new content for Hitman World Assassination. That could just mean, you know, like more targets. We know that the switch to version has that Mario and Luigi stuff in it. Pardon me, is like, oh, are we gonna get a new map because that would freaking rule?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm want more Hitman stuff. It's not good. This is Alheimer.
Speaker 4: The Hitman World of Assassination thing. Is that launch for for switch To?
Speaker 1: Yes? I think it is. So that's a long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the one third party game I want the most, I think, because I mean I played that game a ton and still just having that on a on a switch To running pretty well would be fantastic. So you know, maybe they're just talking about the stuffcoming that version, but I'm hoping that we, uh we do get a new map here. They added that one Pirate theme map maybe a couple of years ago, a little bit after the fact, and that was pretty cool. So I don't think they're going to be doing a new Hitman soon. And honestly, I almost if they've updated that game a lot with new maps, that would almost be enough, because I think the formula that they have there.
Speaker 1: Is pretty much perfect. I think IOI doing this presentation during SGF is the perfect time to launch a map at a video game.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, convince.
Speaker 1: So good. I would love it. I would love it. Who would the target be? Be careful?
Speaker 2: Probably shouldn't say, but it would be hilarious.
Speaker 1: Where if one of the things you got to blend in with is Agent forty seven is now giving a keynote speech during like a presentation.
Speaker 3: I remember remember that picture of the PlayStation booth worker and the Xbox boothworker and they kind of look like star Cross lovers.
Speaker 1: I want not to figure into it prominentally, like.
Speaker 3: They're they're like gossiping, and like that's how you pick up key info about your Target. If you overear then yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah also first Light, that's the name of that Bond game we've this has been announced the There was a bit more of an extratise on the Nintendo Direct about the Switch too, because it's coming to that so we'll finally get a look at this game. We still really don't know much about it. If it's going to be a lot like Hitman, if it's gonna be a bit more shootery, I'm not super sure. I don't even know what perspective it's going to be in. But I'm excited to get a look. There's a big legacy of James Bond video games out there. Oh right, then. Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Switch two patches out now, as Nintendo reveals. The first footage of the upgrade is from George Middler at VGC ptenders released new footage of Pokemon Scarlet and running on Nintendo Switch to The patch for the game, which upgrades the game's visuals and performance, is available to download now. Scarlet and Vite was released in twenty twenty two on Nintendo Switch. The game was met with criticism from fans due to performance issues, including frame rate problems, low level detail and frequent bugs. Scarlet and Violent and this alsohich will rent sixty phrase per second at a high resolution. The consoles launch is Thursday, June fifth. The next game in the series, Pokemon legendszy A. We're released on Nintendo Switch and switched to on October sixteenth. I have been a big fan of Pokemon in the past. Scarlet and Violet looked so bad that it was something of a breaking point for me. It was the first mainline Pokemon game I just could not finish. I was so distraught by how terrible it looks. Look at this, you know, like the detail isn't great, but sixty phrase per second goes such a long way with me. I can play this game now.
Speaker 1: It Yeah, I think this was my one of my breaking points as well. I think I remember for Scarlet and Violet, I loaded it up at like when it launched at midnight and did a quick look live solo dolo, and then I remember backlaar Uh and Dibb Beckel are telling me that him and did watch it afterwards, and I think during that quick look, I said, guys, i think I'm done with Pokemon, And I remember dib telling his father, you know I'm sad for Jan, but I don't.
Speaker 2: Think he's done yet. So thanks to Dip for holding on to that hope for me. Why ears I keep telling him that, yeah, we're back.
Speaker 3: It's worth knowing that this isn't one of those upgrades you have to buy. This is just a patch, so you know you just played this on your switch to and it will be running better. I mean, this game, like that frame rate was maybe in the teens sometimes single.
Speaker 1: It ran like hot garbage on the switch one. It was shocking, So.
Speaker 3: It was kind of weird seeing Breath of the Wild running at sixty frames per second those videos. Seeing this game running at sixty frames per second is it's almost uplifting in a way, So I'm excited about that. I definitely think I am going to go back and at least try to play through that main story. It'll be a little weird because I don't want to restart because I remember the beginning being pretty long and boring, So I guess I'll just jump back in and figure out, Okay.
Speaker 1: Who was in my party?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's that guy who looks like a motorcycle who doesn't actually move his wheels like a motorcycle.
Speaker 1: Right. I hate him, but that's okay. We'll have fun.
Speaker 3: People can Fly shuts down two games and prepares for layoffs. So from Dean Takashi games Beat. Sebastian well Walgowski, Sorry about that, CEO of Polish game studio People can Fly, announced that the company is suspended development of two games, Project Gemini and Project by Frost. As a result, he said the company has had to significantly regroup as a studio and scale downs teams. People can Fly has been plagued by cancelation of layoffs recently, though it is still working on Gears of War E Day for Microsoft with the Coalition. The company said the Gemini suspension is due to the publisher, which is Square Enix Agreement, are failing to present the company with a draft of the subsequent content writer to the publishing agreement covering the terms of conditions of further milestones of Gemini, and the lack of communication from the publisher as to its willingness to continue or terminate Gemini. It sounds like Square Enix ghosted them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, which.
Speaker 1: Is strange, strange thing for them to do. Then By Frost was kind of a suspended, sort of due to the suspension of Gemini and analysis of the company's cash flow.
Speaker 3: Boy, this is rough. People Can Fly has done some good stuff before Bulletstorm. I think we all look back fondly too. And they have worked on Gears of War a lot, and like I said, they are working on E Daisy.
Speaker 1: Think that would be a good thing for them. But boy, it is rough out there. I don't understand Square Enix at all. Over the last couple of years. It feels like they're the type of person to ghost you but still talk shit about you behind your back. Based off of communications and how they've been treating other partners.
Speaker 3: It is kind of going at their strategy though, because they used to work with a lot more partners, right, especially Western studios, and they've really retreated from that. I mean, you know, they used to you know, own like Idaus Montreal and stuff like that, right, and they sold that off forever ago. So subset is not shocking, but it really is leaving People can Fly out to dry. And unfortunately for People can Fly, it's not that era We're saying Xbox is going out there and buying up a lot of studios or things like that. This is a pretty tough situation and a tough time for them to be in it. I hope they can whether the storm. I hope that maybe Microsoft will have more work for them to do. Hopefully there's a ton of other Gears of Where projects or something else that they can work on. Speaking of bad news things again, canceled, EA cancels the Black Panther game, closes Cliffhanger Games. It's from Rebecca Valentine at IGN Electronic Arts is canceling it's playing Black Panther game and shutting down developer Cliffhanger Games. Igen has learned an email sent the staff from EA Entertainment President Laura Meil. Meil says that these changes, alongside other recent cancelation layoffs, are being done to sharpen our focus and put our creative energy behind the most significant growth opportunities. Little was shown of Black Panthers, so Fartin's announcement twy twenty three tho we know from a joblessying it was to be a single player action adventure upworld game. Black Panther has being developed by the newly formed now close Cliffinger Games, which was former toy towy three, with some former developers of Middle Earth Shadow of mor Door. This is pretty shocking.
Speaker 2: EA.
Speaker 1: It seems like they're canceling more games than they announced these days. It seems like an IP that's right for this sort of thing, and yet we've been seeing kind of a retreat from making these IP type games. Ubisoft recently did an Avatar game and a Star Wars game, and neither of those seemed like they did super well. EA does have its Jedi series, and they are making a new Tactics video game based on Star Wars over there. At respond they still have an Iron Man game and supposedly another superhero game that we don't know about in developments. We'll see how those do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Either, knowing nothing about Black Panther, reading the description of the game sounded like, Man, I want to play that. That sounds great, Like I've loved superhero games in the past, even though I'm not like a superhero movie guy. And the fact that they're gonna use like the Nemesis system stuff and everything like it sounded really cool and like yeah, and probably would have told the shit done.
Speaker 3: Right, you would think Black Panther is still very popular, and there is there's another Black Panther game. One that's set during World War Two with Captain America, and that's the one that Amy Henning's making over at sky Dance or.
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 3: They even a Rise of Hydra or something like that, but it's just like, you know, more akin to what people are used to from the movies, that kind of Black Panther, and I think that would have resonated quite a bit people and its supposedly what they were working on looked cool, but EA was somewhat upset about the kind of lack of progress or the fact that they were still in a beta phase after years of development and work on it. I don't know, it seems like they lost patience.
Speaker 2: Was was Black Panther?
Speaker 4: Ryan Coogler yep, Okay, I'm finally saying Centers tonight. So exciting, very excited for that. I've heard good times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like the Black Panther ips is still very valuable, even though we've had a like kind of decline an interest with the MCU and then Marvel Video Games kind of being up and down. But people absolutely adore the Spider Man games. If this Black Panther game could have been fun to run around in, this could have occupied that same spot. A lot of folks like how Wakanda looks in the movies, and you could do a lot with afro Futurism as like a very underrepresented setting in video games in general. So it could have been really neat to look at. It's a bummer that EA just doesn't want to make games anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the parallels here are kind of are kind of strange because Warner Brothers canceled Wonder Woman in February this year and then shut down Model It Productions. This studio was kind of, you know, built off of some monolist staff. It's like we just have had that entire kind of legacy and trajectory for games wiped out this year.
Speaker 1: It's a bummer for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, though, that's it for the news, Jen, I'm handing the show back over to you.
Speaker 1: All right. We're going to take a quick bricky break and we will be back with some of your emails and super chats if they've been sent in, check in right after this. These are the emails or the show emails. Pomcast Giant bomb dot com is the email addressed to send your emails too. You can write in about any and everything. You want to avoid an awkward social interaction at your kids's pee wee soccer league, then by all means, send us an email. You're waiting in line, send us an email. Send us an email about any and everything. You got a fun quiz some trivia. I would love to read it if we have time on the show, and we got time for these emails. Mat from Boston writes in Hey, their Bomb Crew. The upcoming re release of Dogma has me wondering if anyone is just an average fan of Kevin Smith in my experience, either love him or hate him. Glad to have you guys still around, Matt from Boston, I.
Speaker 2: Always have from the beginning.
Speaker 5: Man, another cool and brave take.
Speaker 2: Oh you're mister, I hate everything.
Speaker 1: I want to know what Backlar thinks about Kevin.
Speaker 5: So I'm like contractually obligated to like him because of the New Jersey stuff. I mean, like Clerks is a good movie, Like like Mall Rats is good, Like those are good movies.
Speaker 1: I had a big Kevin Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like I.
Speaker 5: Think when Yeah, I'm obviously in like the Blast Radius. I think Dogma's really good too, Do you know? I like more of his stuff? Than I don't. I think there's definitely stinkers there. I mean, chasing Amy, I really like, uh, you know, I just a lot, but a lot of that suff It was like formative that I grew up kind of watching. And I do think Clerks was like a bit of the spice that was like, oh wow, you could just like do this. There's like a way you know that you kind of just like make a thing, which I thought was fun. You know it's yeah, you know there's a hockey connection there too. Of course, sure, I don't. I've never Dan's the only one I know as of right now who's told me to my face that they hate Kevin Smith.
Speaker 4: I mean, Dogma made me laugh a couple of times. Mal Rats is probably the one that bugged me the least. Mal Rats had stuff that I enjoyed, but like just the whole like he annoys me just whenever ever, whenever I see him talk. And also Clerks, like I heard people rave about that and then I saw it in high school and I was like, this is fucking stupid, Like I.
Speaker 5: Hate that is the least surprising sentence I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: I that's a silly Dan's on a bit of an island there.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's very just like like the people that like, you know, internet meme, humor and like I can't have cheeseburger stuff back in the day.
Speaker 2: It's like it's ironic.
Speaker 5: Cool, you're gonna hat the mark there, but you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna hate this. But I feel like Jan slom Bums Shrik's back is kind of mcgruber adjacent.
Speaker 5: No, you're like, I'm not saying you're allowed to have this bad opinion. I'm not saying like you're not allowed to have it. I think it's fine. I just think, you know, I think you know, a lot of Kevin Smith's self predates Internet culture kind of stuff, which.
Speaker 3: I I mean, it was formulative for that right in the nineties, setting a lot of that up, and even in the early two thousands with Jance busherk backs and like it definitely got the bit got tired and I definitely fell off. And I think it is definitely it's kind of targeted for twenty somethings.
Speaker 1: A lot of that stuff from that period.
Speaker 3: So you know, when I go back to it now, I don't get what I used to get out of all of that.
Speaker 1: But I don't know. I used to enjoy watching those movies.
Speaker 5: Dan, I also think you need to update your go to internet meme call out.
Speaker 4: I think you know I was using ones because that was like more time appropriate.
Speaker 5: Think you might be dating yourself. I think you sill start saying the more contemporary Star Wars kid. I think that I was dating it.
Speaker 2: With old Kevin Smith movies.
Speaker 1: Dan, you should start saying Rothel Copter again, Let's bring it back, Let's bring it back.
Speaker 2: You know what's funny?
Speaker 5: Like I feel like I say all the time, what the fuck is the Internet?
Speaker 2: All the time?
Speaker 5: As a as a Kevin Smith thing.
Speaker 1: That short lived Clerk's cartoon show is actually pretty funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The second episode was a clips show with only clips from the first episode.
Speaker 1: I liked that.
Speaker 2: I remember.
Speaker 1: I think I was still in like middle school when Dogma came out and we had to do a presentation because I went to a private school and I used like the Buddy Jesus image night and my teacher was.
Speaker 2: Furious with me.
Speaker 1: She did not like that Jesus looked like a nice human being to party with. She just wanted to see him cruised. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I worked at the theater in Kansas when I came out and we had protesters, and we're being like, you know, fourteen fifteen work in the box office and having to deal with like a bunch of angry, screaming church people, and the boy sounds right, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Chances he's like, so I crossed that picking line and marched right with him.
Speaker 3: I will say that cop Out by camp Smith is one of the worst movies I've seen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like, he definitely went through a lot of bullshit for sure.
Speaker 3: Not the worst, which is now freaking Love on a Leash that Dan forced me to watch this weekend, which is so far and above, so easily the worst movie I tell the.
Speaker 1: People I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: Tell the people why so much, so much worse than fucking Nubes if you can believe it. I was just stunned by.
Speaker 4: The whole movies on YouTube on a eleven ied twice in the last week.
Speaker 1: Horrified it is a better word. I was horrified by what was happening.
Speaker 2: Tell Jan whyatt's bad? Jane wins to why it's bad. No, I'm saying, why did you watch it?
Speaker 3: Because somebody because they did the charity card. Dan was like, if somebody done the five hundred dollars to a charity I will you watch? It was like, well, of course, I guess I will, yes, And it was like very late. I had to get up to go to a charity walk the next day and I had to sit there and watch this awful movie that doesn't have music or decent ad r or the lead.
Speaker 4: Actor, the voice of the dog was paid in a cantelope and homemade one tons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I tell you what. They still over paid for him.
Speaker 2: It was rough.
Speaker 5: I want to circle back on the on the Kevin Smith thing with Dan. First, Dan, do you think that can you at least say that, like the world is is, it's it's better to have Kevin Smith than than to not have it.
Speaker 2: It might be a nice guy to people. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about Mark is mark on on on filmmaking.
Speaker 3: It was important for indy films, and that's what I'm getting at.
Speaker 5: And as someone who just went independent, I just feel like there's enough of a crossover where you can be like, you know what, it's a good thing someone like that exists, Like it's okay.
Speaker 4: I just don't like his stuff and so no, he's not made my life any better.
Speaker 5: Again, it's not about you. It's about and I only know me.
Speaker 2: That's all my brain knows.
Speaker 5: There you go, folks, the mask is off.
Speaker 4: Well like that, but like, how could I like, I have not seen anything that he has done that has made my life.
Speaker 3: We're telling you like he helped he helped us rest indie films and a scholar he school supposed.
Speaker 5: Yeah you're supposed to be. You're so useless, You're so fucking.
Speaker 1: Useless, pancakes.
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about his influence on independent like independent movies existed.
Speaker 5: Before clerks, Right of course they did, But what was the point? What you understand? Like in the nineties, he absorbed a lot of that and I think kind of handled it in a pretty respectful way, in an admirable way. Okay, well look there you have it, folks.
Speaker 2: It email.
Speaker 1: You know what, Zach and Miry make a porn Now that was an okay movie.
Speaker 3: Fine, that guy shits all over the weather guy, or though the girl shits on that guy, remember after the anal scene.
Speaker 5: And then yes, thank you for bringing that scene up.
Speaker 1: I was just talking about the movie as a whole, not the specific scene, Mike, But thanks for jogging that.
Speaker 2: In my brain.
Speaker 1: That happened in that movie. Sign It from Saskatchewan has been known to send along some trivia and they continue with caffeine coffee, Hello, BombCast. Caffeine doesn't actually dehydrate you. If someone was dying of thirst and all you had was coffee, it would dehydrate them more. Caffeine is a diuretic, though. A diuretic is something that makes you need to pee more. Some people are more affected by it, though, and you need to take and to take more pee breaks, you'd have to drink an immense amount of coffee for to dehydrate you, like way more than even Jaan drinks. Watermelon is a stronger diuretic then coffee. Weirdly, thanks for all that is weird from Saskatchewan.
Speaker 2: I never would have guessed that that watermelon is more of a so is diuretic only urination. It's you would assume it's number two as well. Right, Coffee makes me ship crazy, but it doesn't make me.
Speaker 4: I don't think about peeing with coffee, you know, Yeah, well, yeah, I want.
Speaker 1: The word diuretic makes me think of diarrhea, so, of course, property here.
Speaker 2: It sounds like there's not a connection. I think it's only for Pepe. It definitely makes me ship.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's like putting enough pressure on like the peepee that it's like, oh, I gotta squeeze out the other stuff too.
Speaker 2: I mean that's a pretty big leap. I don't know. Yeah, well, we're talking about it in like a you just relatively safe to converse. You know, eat spaghetti, Mike. People say it's only fluid. Huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, don't tempt me spaghetti. Okay, let's keep reading emails, all right. This one comes from Gabe in Detroit Giant Bomb. First, congratulations on independence. I'm so happy for all of you.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna preface this by saying I am a nerd. I paint Minni's, play Warhammer and a ton of board games, collect transformers, read comics weekly, and obviously play a lot.
Speaker 2: Of video games.
Speaker 5: Vinnie, is this you?
Speaker 1: I sent my wife a text from work saying Friday night is Summer Game Fest presentation and I'm gonna watch it, just the heads up. I come home and get into the house and she says, that's video game stage stuff. Yeah, I ask, it's the nerdiest thing you do. I laughed a lot.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's that nerdy. What has the crew been told is the nerdest thing they do? That has been a surprise to all of you. Enjoy the weekend in La Gabe, Detroit, Michigan.
Speaker 5: Oh god, I'm surprised that is the thing that was labeled as the most nerdost.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: If somebody is like not used to the this world. The idea that we watched, just like some dude show us a bunch of trailers.
Speaker 5: Talking about painting minis hard for Like the oscars are accepted as like a normal thing, right, and like that is also we.
Speaker 3: Know for a lot of people, like that barrier between movies and video games is still a giant.
Speaker 4: Golf and SGF it is different too, because like you know, when I explained to non gamers what I'm doing in LA for the Game Awards, you know, I can say, like, oh, it's like the Oscars, but for video games. For SGF, it's different. It's like, you know, it's a press conference.
Speaker 5: It's uh, but most people know of E three, and I just say this replaced E three.
Speaker 2: But I'm not talking about people that don't know. I know, I know, I'm saying E three has like transcended the Norman.
Speaker 3: But it's been gone and not important long enough that I think the normies don't know about E three anymore.
Speaker 2: It's a trade shows. Yeah, that's fine.
Speaker 3: It's something unique about our industries. So I can understand somebody being a little bit like, not weird at but little confused.
Speaker 2: But the nerdiest thing.
Speaker 3: Oh oh god, I have no like, I've done so much nerdy ship my entire life. I don't know if there's anything that I did that shocked people I got.
Speaker 4: I got a lot of shit a few Christmases ago because I was when I was collecting a mebo is pretty heavy and one of the only ones that didn't have was like a daisy one or a peach one or something. And I definitely got a lot of shit about like, oh d Dame's gotta play with the little dolls, you know like that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't think is that nerdy or were they saying that was something else? Probably it was nerdy. Event Diagram was very close all the above the above. I've been accused of being a nerd, but not for like I guess your normal nerd things like video games are comics, like yeah, oh, Jan's a Jean's pervert or like a car Nerd stuff like that. Yeah, I've definitely got my stuff. But I think the thing that most people was when I show them my like all the Marvel cards I have, oh cards for me to stuff, is where people are like they start to moon walk out of my office.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Whenever when I was like big into the Pokemon tcg app, I noticed people would give me funny looks while I was waiting in places.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, look at this card perve. Right.
Speaker 4: Uh, I'm sure if I went into like CRT, like a retro tank type, you know, like deep retro stuff and emulation stuff, I'm sure people would call it that. But like, I don't know if if I'm talking to someone who's not into video games, I'm not going to be going into like retro tank stuff, you know.
Speaker 1: No, Right, I guess I got Okay. Now, would nerding out be equivalent to marking out and wrestling?
Speaker 4: No, because marking out is a like it's an exclamation ah, you know, it's like no, I could say see that in like speed running, like oh you you know if you it's there's a hype.
Speaker 2: Factor to marking out, you know. Yeah, I think.
Speaker 1: I got the most stuff when I bought Cuba of war dollars. Oh yeah, sorry, you can you put that on a chain and wear it to the SGF please?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh, like I had to get it like grated first and like in its case then put.
Speaker 2: It could merge.
Speaker 1: I think that. I think the five people at Atlas or whoever make Cuba bore might have a problem with then.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: There is a like a product now at like sports games where like they sell the big chain link necklace with like the team logo in a in a plastic sort of thing. So we can make this happen.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: A couple more emails here Moose from Springsteen Moose Springsteen from.
Speaker 2: The name Boston, good name, good name. Hey dudes, how many things have you done? Five hundred times? Have you done? Five hundred things? Five hundred times? Love you? Moose Springsteen from Boston.
Speaker 1: Woking up over five hundred times.
Speaker 2: I would hope so.
Speaker 5: I way more than five hundred people.
Speaker 1: Over five hundred times. I put socks on over five hundred.
Speaker 5: Yes, five hundred times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've done five hundred times.
Speaker 2: Me Let me read the PS.
Speaker 1: Here's question in case anyone tries to be too pedantic, Mike, somethings you some things need to be combined. You can't say you've done five hundred steps with your left foot and five hundred steps with your right foot.
Speaker 2: That's just five hundred steps, all.
Speaker 5: Right, So then maybe we're discounting the waking up, aren't we.
Speaker 2: And the socks?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, I mean pressed every individual button on every controller for every console.
Speaker 2: I think that's part of the pedantic argument.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, like an activity right, like we're seeking out and going out.
Speaker 2: You should have been more more specific.
Speaker 3: I just like, again, what's the weirdest thing you've done five hundred times? I think is a good way of thinking about it. That's what I'm trying to imagine right now.
Speaker 2: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've definitely squished McDonald's French fries five hundred, five hundred individual French fries. I've probably done five thousand, Like when I was a kid, and that's the only way I would eat French fries.
Speaker 2: Squish them. Yeah.
Speaker 4: You take a fry, it's like yay long, and then you fold it over and you squeeze it, and you fold it over again, you squeeze it and you do it until you can't do it anymore. And I used to think of like unlocked flavor.
Speaker 5: Okay, probably normally that would be insane, but we're gonna move.
Speaker 1: I probably sung the Mike Minaughti song five hundred times. I've probably photoshopped everyone's face is here over five hundred times. Yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Moving on last two emails of the show. This one comes from Ryan in Belfast, Northern Ireland Bomb Squad. Jan hasn't played O G Doom? What this has to be? A series on the site Our sweet beautiful millennial King takes on the boomiest of boomer shooters, the tech the your text of the genre, Heaven's own Jan jerom ooh tua verse is the Hordes of Hell. Also, can I suggest the condition Minatti said he's been playing these games and quick saving his way through them. Jan should have this facility, but he's only allowed to save when someone else tells him to. That'll be fun, Love y'all, here's the independence shame the world so screwed. Love yours, Ryan and Belfast, Northern Ireland BILFST.
Speaker 5: That's dope. I think it's a good idea. I would really like to watch you play Doom very cool.
Speaker 2: I'd love to play Doom. I think it would.
Speaker 1: It would blow my mind that I can't aim up.
Speaker 5: Well, it just sort of happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll get used to it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, that's that's the easiest thing to get over.
Speaker 2: I think. I know.
Speaker 1: I'd be scared of hell though, you know. Yes, my Catholic upbringing, I don't know if I can handle this.
Speaker 5: Guys, you just keep a cup of holy water to your side.
Speaker 2: You'll be fine.
Speaker 1: That's why I got in that uh container right there, just holy water. I still want the Koetur plays through from jan the most. I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 2: Let's do both at the same time.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's crazyol, Give.
Speaker 2: What you wish for, folks.
Speaker 5: Got played a little game called Eternal Darkness, and you're weak.
Speaker 1: I played that game right around the same time as you. I had a great time.
Speaker 2: Uh wait, you did.
Speaker 5: That's a that's weird.
Speaker 2: You just did it. You did?
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think I was just playing it because I was I was.
Speaker 3: I had gotten a new HDMI converter for my GameCube or something, so I was just playing a lot of GameCubes right when I started streaming too, So I think I just streamed through Eternal Darkness. I was like, I think this game is a little clunky, but I think it's so fun. And then you did your play through, and now you also had Dan and Jeff being fucos with you the entire time, which I think was maybe impacting your enjoyment a little bit.
Speaker 5: Maybe maybe that's why I like can't even look at the game logo anymore, or like even like like I bet, but I do think if I played it with a GameCube controller on the game Cube, it would it would probably be a better experience.
Speaker 3: Shoot hardware. Yeah, that was I mean, it's it's a weird game. The spell system and there is just pretty wild. But there's still a lot about that game that I find the whole jumping between different time periods and.
Speaker 5: The Yeah, of course I don't think it makes me weak, but we can we can unpack that now.
Speaker 1: I say, you're right, and I apologize.
Speaker 2: Let's let's just bottle up inside.
Speaker 5: Deep history of me being mean to you, right and totally justifiable. I Uh, there were a couple of parts where we're playing that game where I was just like, I can't believe I did this.
Speaker 2: I can't believe I like went through this at one point.
Speaker 4: I also don't like dive into retro stuff as much as maybe some of us do, and like, I guess it's less surprising when like Mike or I go back to a PS two era game or game.
Speaker 2: We do that stuff all the time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right, there was there was one scene. There were a couple of maybe one or two scenes where like the next object or like the next task in which you are meant to do is so just nonsense, like just nonsense, and you're like, what, like when did I how did I do this?
Speaker 3: I think we I think back then we also probably just looked it up. I mean, game facts was still.
Speaker 1: A thing, they were still strategy guides.
Speaker 4: Mike, I feel like we're especially insulated now from that feeling of thinking old games are bad, because now we're playing old games that are notoriously bad.
Speaker 2: So alone in the dark compared with you.
Speaker 4: Know, eternal Darkness would be Eternal darkness would be exactly tolerance.
Speaker 3: There was somebody on the reddit was like, ah, I'm playing Rascal and like, you know, it's not good game. I don't think it's I don't think the controls are as bad as they said, I was like, I'm just gonna let this one go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Grub got that the worst.
Speaker 3: O Grub hasn't the worst because there are still all these people like that Kitan is not that bad and they're probably playing it.
Speaker 1: They have to be playing a patch version, because there's no way anybody could play what I saw Jeff play and be like this is pretty good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel Grub since he's in the same state as me right now. I just feel him brimming with anger presence. Yeah, just just hearing that thought that Daikatana may be okay and Pete better not be angry. He's in fucking Disneyland right now. Really, yes, yes.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Last email of the show comes from Jocko. Hi, Gian Bomb Crew. I'm Jocko, all time listener, her first time emailer. I think I've been listening since I don't know one, but I remember everyone was hype for the impending release of Undead Redemption, so must have been way back. Anyway, listening to last week's episode and the discussion about uncle names, and I had to chime in with a cute story that will follow me for the rest of my life. I assume my baby niece just turned one, and she got a favorite toy. She's got a favorite toy doll. It's one of those old kind of dolls that have a stuffed body, but the hands, feet, big bald head are all made of hard plastic. Anyway, that's her baby, and baby's the only word she's really has down pat A few weeks back, while visiting her, I took off my hat. I'm bald parentheses hell yeah, but always wearing a baseball cap. I think this is the first time she's seen me without my hat on. So she takes one look at my big bald head, makes a pretty smart logical leap, points at me with a big smile, and exclaims, baby, Now, I'm uncle baby. Do any of you have nicknames from younger siblings, nieces, nephews, kids, et cetera that have stuck. Thanks Jocko, uncle baby Billy.
Speaker 2: I love it. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: My my brothers, the son of my closer friends, they still call me Mike Zors just because I explained what leads speak to them was back when that was actually a thing.
Speaker 2: And if that is the nerdiest thing you've.
Speaker 1: Ever done that there's a lot of people still kind of somewhat affectionately, but jokingly call me Mike Zors. Wow, some like older people to like their parents, call me Mike Zors.
Speaker 5: And that is just the number five, right, is that how they were?
Speaker 3: No, it's the I think the only thing that's the O is a zero. Otherwise relatively normal, like like the hack Sores.
Speaker 1: We would say the hack sores.
Speaker 5: And yeah, let's dig up that ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 2: Goods fring it back, laughing, I'm laughing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's let's create a franchise of themed bars around that concept.
Speaker 2: That would be fun. Let's do that, all right?
Speaker 1: That about does it for emails this week? Anyone a fun uncle?
Speaker 2: A funcle? I am?
Speaker 4: Now I went from not being an uncle to having like four nieces and nephews.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a funkal sticker on my desk right now?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Am I still considered an uncle like a shoot uncle. If like my cousin has a child an uncle. That depends how close yard of the kid. Yeah, a kid once a week, maybe like once twice a month.
Speaker 2: That's uncle. That's uncle, Jeff, that's good. That's you know.
Speaker 5: I don't have any I don't have any like uncle nicknames. It's just like deeply troubling Uncle Jeff and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Deeply Trouble Jeff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like the qualifier before the uncle Jeff part. At least there's a term of endearment at the conclusion of it, but it's always prefaced with something where it's like, ah, maybe you don't we don't call him on his birthday kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh oh yeah.
Speaker 1: All right, Well something more uplifting because it was in the super chats, Mike Manatty, would you do me the kind favor of going through the YouTube superchats? Sure thing, We've got a few here from Eli Miracle switch to time to switch to Grub getting blown up about a state of play man again.
Speaker 3: He's in Disneyland, so you should be going vertical constantly at this moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jeff been talking about this for a while. It turns out once again he was right. So here it is. We'll see what happens there. Big frush story sentences, Are there any reveals this week that would make you shed a tear or two?
Speaker 2: Ps?
Speaker 3: Do something with Sunderfolk? Okay, a Sunderfolk. If that Mount Facy nine remake is real, that could get me somewhat emotionally vertical. We'll see, yeah, tactics. If that drops either War of the Lions or Advance.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'd get very excited about Resident Evil. Yeah, that'd be the same.
Speaker 1: I may lose. I may do a cartwheel. If we see Kingdom Hearts four this weekend.
Speaker 2: Now we'll need you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, depends on what worlds we see, Like if we see more normy level ship like we kind of had in three. But give me something real surprising, give me that Rocketsier level, give me that Treasure Planet world Atlanta, then I'll freak out.
Speaker 1: Fuck yeah, michae let's do a fucking Treasure Planet level level. What's a great gonza summon? Oh, we're not gonna get them up. It's world fucking better. Uh, come up, it's Christmas Carol World where it's it's screwed as your party member.
Speaker 2: Well as hold Michael Caine.
Speaker 1: Here, here we go, Michael's fantasy book, this bad boy.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: The last Kingdom Hearts game I played was the Rhythm game, right, Memory of Melody or Melody of Memory. No, but he knows one of those over three six two? What we do here? We have a world and we embrace the beautiful world of d coms, and we have a high school musical world.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Why the hell not? I think I want to hear Donald Duck do bet on it? You want? You want a basketball mini game there?
Speaker 2: Fuck yeah, I do. I want to hear miss piggydew cups.
Speaker 1: That's pitch perfect. That's pitch perfect.
Speaker 2: But I would also like the difference.
Speaker 1: Guys, I don't think Disney was involved in that one.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: Oh grug says, make a hat with Backler's head on it so you can wear his head on his head. Dan needs a classic Royal rumble poster. But every wrestler has his face. Okay, but where am I in add in these merchant ideas?
Speaker 2: Where would my face when Pucci isn't in the scene, the other character should be.
Speaker 3: As I wore my itchy, scratching and puschy shirt yesterday. Shit, it's ship then, Ricky beasts. I've been watching Jeff Backler podcasting for nearly twenty years. Is I love you guys at pepo.
Speaker 5: Nice twenty years?
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. Okay, I need to sit down. You are well. Luckily that was.
Speaker 3: Easy, Oh Scott one from dat White, Jerry, Mike, I need to know what you've listened to more the wind Bags forking up for Mitch song or the Mike minnaughty song.
Speaker 1: Alex, God, that's well rough. The wind Bag song that was your ringtone, wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Or your alarm?
Speaker 1: No, that's funny idea. I never did that.
Speaker 3: No, the Alex ben Yellow song would be played at me all the time. But I would watch that fork it up for bitch thing quite a lot, play a lot. God, I don't want to Alex.
Speaker 2: Two musical geniuses. But the wind Bag, Oh my god, Yeah he's still doing it. Yeah, I still doing it. The wind Bag's great.
Speaker 3: Once we get settled here again, we can we can talk to wind Bag again, missing.
Speaker 1: His breakfast thing which is still still haunts my Mentionedaris all right, Mikey is at it looks like that's it. Thank you everybody, all right, folks, thank you for your support once again, BombCast Giant bomb dot com. Send your emails in. We appreciate every single email as well as every single YouTube. Super chat kisses on the mouth for that, folks. This is gonna be a fun, fun, fun, if not hectic week. Tomorrow we will be talking over the state of play. Maybe a three man band for that, Jimmy jam We'll see if we can dig up any other friends. I want to sit down with us because this is Summer Game fift week. It's Jeff Keeley's summer birthday. Jeff Grubb is already in Los Angeles. Dan Reikert, you're flying down to Sunny SoCal tomorrow. There we go Thursday. No dump truck this week because we're gonna be getting things sorted, still gonna be traveling. I believe that's when the rest of the crew heads down, except Mike Manati, who's gonna stay where he's at for his switch to. But then anybody else even actually getting a switch to anymore.
Speaker 2: I didn't try.
Speaker 5: Mine's gonna come on.
Speaker 2: I'm gone. I bet.
Speaker 1: To la so I'm not sharing no one, no one better. Can I look at your switch too, because I want to play my card.
Speaker 2: We will all play fun games on my switch too. I wonder. Yeah, you guys seem to think there's gonna be plenty of downtime. I don't understand.
Speaker 1: This is the first major console launch and years back.
Speaker 2: Alar you know for next week?
Speaker 5: Yeah, next week?
Speaker 1: Uh, you could probably charge your phone at a trader Sam's, Jeff Grubb. And then Fridays when it all starts, baby, because we're talking over the uh Summer Game Fest presentation as well as Night one of Giant Bomb at Night. Saturday, we're gonna have night two. We're only doing two nights this week Giant Bomb at Night. We got a lot of fun special guests planned. Shouts out to Jeff Grubb for coordinating the couch segments. Shut us out to everyone here for all the planning and hard work we've been doing for Summer Gamefest and preparation for that. I'm still terribly nervous about how it's gonna look, but we'll get there, baby. H Sunday, I forgot to add this on the schedule, but we will also be talking over the Microsoft presentation. I believe that is two pm in the afternoon, I want to say, And then God, yeah, look forward to a bunch of fun stuff coming out of SGF. We're working our darnedest to make sure you get a bunch of content in your eyeballs and your ear holes and your heart folks, anything else.
Speaker 5: Popping off this something is ten am Pacific, never mind ten am, Yes, Store dot giant bomp dot com.
Speaker 1: Head over there. We've got a bunch of new shirts and a lovely tote bag to put all your shirts in when you're going laundry or you're going grocery shopping. It is my dream to be a farmer's market battie. So I'm gonna get this tote and then do that. I'm gonna put all my like locally grown organic veggies in there. I'm gonna get my like carrot tops, put them in there, some fresh blueberries put him in there, and you too, can be a farmer's market battie wherever you're at with this uh what is it called again, Mike.
Speaker 2: Tote bag brother, Come on, med Jarrs.
Speaker 1: Look at him. He's that character from the hit PlayStation one for a game.
Speaker 3: Rascal in the pose of Doctor Manhattan from the hit comic book and movie and a TV show maybe people watch.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it was popular or not. Were you talking about the toe bag? I had spaced out.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was talking about the tote bag.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. Then everyone should buy the toe bag. It comes in pink or black. I kind of like the pink. It reminds me of that scene in The rug Rats where Tommy Pickles was getting weed off the bottle. Then he had a nightmare and all the bottles were stuck in this kind of weird sandy pink stuff, and then a giant sippy cup attacked him and he was scared. But then a bigger bottle Supero came and killed the sippy cup murdered him by shoving him into a valley. And then the big cup was like, you can drink me, Tommy, You're not too big for me, and Tommy Pickle said bottle, and it was fine. Oh, now we should totally have the five of us drawn as the rug Rats.
Speaker 5: Pickles Chucky's got too much hair.
Speaker 1: Hair.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no one knows, so there's no way to check this.
Speaker 1: All right, gig, we'll probably have a bobcast for you next week, next Tuesday as well, after we come back from Los Angeles. Stay tuned, folks, love all the love and all the support giant bomb dot com slash joint. Become a premium member, get an ad free experience, and you know what helps out. You got some of us got some extra dollar re use, send them to Coffee dot com slash Giant Bomb I forget what the actual earl is, but it's fine. He's been Dad, he's been Jeff. Jeff is over and Disneyland.
Speaker 2: And he's been Mike, and I've been Jin.
Speaker 1: We'll see you next week for another episode, possibly of the Giant BombCast.
Speaker 2: Until then, good bye,