Speaker 1: So happy that we have the Olympics to talk about, even though there's politics and everything in it. And and again we're not talking about I mean, some of it will talk about for the right reason. There's some good stuff there, but nah, for the most part, like what the holy hell was going on? And I use that exact phrasing for the exact reason that I too, happened to catch a glance of the opening ceremonies and was incredibly confused, and then we started getting lied to. And at that point I'm just popping that mic. Sorry, I like adjusted the cut. I have like a soft cover on my mic, and it finally gave out. I'm gonna have to go get my other little, uh little thing for it. So I apologize for that. But so the the the opening ceremonies, which by the way, were what like three hours or something. Now I get it, especially because it's Paris, they're gonna feel the necessity to flex their artistic muscle. So like the Marie Antoinette thing, Okay, well we'll start there. It was this weird pan shot, right and you had you had like this red back glow, and you know what looked like Marie Antoinette holding her head. If that was the if that, I didn't even mind that, Okay, whatever, it's Paris. That's the thing. French Revolution got it. I don't know if you know, but when we've had opening ceremonies, including the ones in Atlanta, well not the not the bombing part, but you know, there was a there was a definitive nod to the American Revolution there, okay, because I saw people were posting like screenshots of previous opening ceremonies in Russia and the US and Brazil. And but what we watched on Friday quickly devolve from that into and you'd have to convince me otherwise into a blatant screw you from a religious perspective. And and and that question was answered when what they purport is Dionysus, which, by the way, I want you to do something this morning, if you've never done it, I want you to knowing the image. I want you to all up the famous Feast of Dionysus painting, because that's what we were told they were attempting to go for with the long table full of drag queens. And then I want you to look at that painting. Okay, it's easy to search it up. You can even search it on Google because it doesn't have Trump's name in it. And so go and just be like, all right, I'm gonna do it right now, Beast of Dionysus. All right, all right, Beast of Dionysus. And you can go look at the painting. Yeah yeah, yeah, no, you get you go look at it. It is not remotely that. And then I want you to call up and maybe you have this image in your head, the Last Supper, and then I want you to look at any screen shot, any wide shot of what was going on at that table, and you tell me, because again we live in this post truth world where you just say it and then one hundred thousand idiots on Twitter will be like going into the community notes, no, it was actually this, and then the giant blue dress Jesus with the halo literally uh tweeted or excuse me, instagramed, let me get this, let me get this correct, instagrammed gay New Testament and referred to herself as her himself or what I didn't I don't even know, as God or as Jesus. Excuse me, but sure, no, it's the Feast of Dionysus. So you know, for an event that's now going to run for weeks. You decided to start it off by insulting a bunch of people, and they issued in a issued in a ology but not really, I don't know, And then I saw you know again, uh, the the trolling was heavy. We kind of got into the trolling on the show account because uh I uh I did yesterday point out that the predictive search may have been leaving some stuff out when you start typing in attempted assassination of and I and I, you know, I had hordes of disingenuous intellectually did us dishonest folks going you don't understand how algorithms work. Yeah, no, I kind of do. And even if you don't, it's it's pretty easy to get there. And we'll we'll touch on that in a moment. All right, So do you have a chance this morning to stare at the feast of Dionysus painting and the Last Supper and and then what we were presented with during the opening ceremonies. You tell me, okay, you ross you're an independent arbiter. I haven't told you were doing this test. I would like you to Akham's rasor this thing, and you tell me, Feast of Dionysus, Last Supper. What do you think the artistic director was going for with that particular piece of imagery. If you had to bet, you're you're not an art expert. I'm not an art expert. Best guess Beast of Dionysus or Last Supper. All right, so he's reviewing that your reviewed. You tell me, well, we get a statement from the Olympics and they're like, well, you know, we really, oh so sorry. Didn't mean to offend every every Christian on the planet. Didn't mean to do that, you know, was misinterpreted. The absolute gas lighting on this stuff is just legendary. And so what does it cause, Well, it causes folks to go ahead and not want to watch the Olympics. And that's too bad. A lot of people all across the world, but especially our athletes here in the United States and both the Olympics and the Paralympics, who will put a lot of work into their craft, their skill so they can go out and we can own one hundred and ninety some other countries. Plus we also there's also a refugee team. Did you know that? I did not know that? And then the there's a Palestinian team and only one person there is actually either from or living in quote unquote Palestine. The rest live elsewhere, including one who lives in the US and was born in Illinois. But you know, you get some of that where folks are not wanting or or not able to qualify, maybe on the US team who do that, or you get ones who want to get to payday, like the ah what was the ice Remember the ice skating chick in the Winter Olympics who decided to go be China's puppet and unfortunately fame and riches didn't follow because she choked during the Olympics. But that was a calculated thing, likely would have been on the US team, decided to compete for China because her mom or one side of her family is from China. The whole thing was wild, and yet we're all supposed to pretend that that wasn't that wasn't the attent. So we got that story this morning. That's gonna be in the stack and uh, and then of course we got all the you know, the general insanity of more election stuff. We'll figure out how climate change and feces is impacting the Olympics apparently.
Speaker 2: So, so I've compared the two photos.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, all right, usually hours of deduction.
Speaker 2: But well, because I've seen the Last Supper obviously, but I've never seen anything about the what.
Speaker 1: Is the Dionysus? It's so very famous painting.
Speaker 2: I would say without the weird blue guy that looks like a weird smurf, yeah, smurf thing, I would probably say Last Supper, but if you throw a smurf guy in there, it could be the feast. I don't know, so you I do know the big girl that was in the center there, she's come out and said that she was told that she was Olympic Jesus yeah.
Speaker 1: And gay New Testament Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, So that's weird.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. I do know that it was enough to make me be like, well, I wasn't going to pay attention before, and now I'm definitely not going to pay attention. I was talking to the dude that works at the front desk at the Planet Fitness today at the gym, and you know, the Olympics were on the TV there. They were showing some of the gymnasts and I said, just making conversation, I said, remember when the Olympics were this huge thing, like in the nineties and eighties, Like, dude, we would watch it. We were glued to our televisions. In my family, it was a big family event. We'd get together. You still remember, I don't remember her name. It was a Carrie Strug.
Speaker 1: Carrie Strug, the gymnasts who who literally broke her ankle, right, he carried off after getting the gold.
Speaker 2: Bad right, and he mentioned that we couldn't remember her name, but he was like, you know, remember she she had the ankle and she she stuck the landing and she run that dude's arms, like the big guy with the mustache, and you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, the Russian dude who basically came he left the USSR to come over and basically him and his wife were the Olympic gurus the gymnastics for years. My ex, uh the X, I dated for a long time. She was a college gymnast and she actually coached, so I know way more about women's gymnastics than you would ever know. But yeah, that dude was famous. Carrie Strug was fan.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you. We used to be glued to our televisions. It was a big event. And now in this once again. The guy the gym said before even I could bring it up, he said, Now they had this weird opening ceremony where I'm like, what is going on? And then everyone has to make a political and Lebron James isn't standing during the anthem, yet they had him coming in a carrying like the flag in the in the in the d day boat or whatever it was, the DA Yeah.
Speaker 1: The landing was.
Speaker 2: Then stand like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, all right, would you I will? I would expect because it's it's Paris that they're gonna be weird, super weird. Yeah, okay, which is fine. Again the Marie Antoinette thing, I saw some people were mad about that. I no, I thought that was fine. That's right what I would expect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they're trying to say it's like a demonic symbolism.
Speaker 1: Yeah I'm not. I'm not here for it. What was the with the Marines when that's just a thing I understand. But the problem is you couple that with everything else, you know, gay New Testament, Olympic Jesus. Some people, uh, you had the horse right.
Speaker 2: The Pale Rider, Yeah, and the fourth Horsemen of the apocalypse whatever coming in. Yeah, is that bad? I mean, like I said, I'm just looking at it briefly.
Speaker 4: I was.
Speaker 2: I took a lot of time off this weekend from social media. This weekend did feel like a regular weekend. Last Friday, we retire, We were we had a lot going off at the Hayes compound. We have a lot of stuff going around the house and stuff or getting ready for obviously from the in laws. Oh but but all ont aside, it was still a nice, RESTful I guess it's RESTful as relevant compared to the past two weeks. It was a nice weekend. Tried to want paid some attention to the Olympics, but once I see like blue Smurf, nymph man or whatever is on the table and uh, you know, obese Olympic Jesus woman as and then I'm out. I'm out.
Speaker 1: Don't you don't like pedophile smurf?
Speaker 2: I don't care. Yeah, I'm out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, which is which which I hate because because it used to be a thing. It used to be a thing, and people have put a crap ton of work. I think Simone Biles is amazing, right again, it's incredible. Yeah, I know that people got into the whole Uh remember where she kind of dipped out on something like question or work.
Speaker 2: She's no, yeah, they did question the fact that she's a human being, and people get anxious and then it's psychological. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. She said I wouldn't be able to win right now, Let's let somebody else go in there. And then she came back and and kicked everybody's ass. So like I hated for her, I hated for everybody else who include we got many North Carolina athletes that are out there competing. I hate it for them because, you know, a lot of these sports, a lot of these events, this is the only notoriety you get, right.
Speaker 2: If you're being bust your ass. I mean, you've dedicated your life to this.
Speaker 1: Yes, and you're, but you're also you're in a sport that doesn't draw big crowds. You're you're probably you know, most of these athletes don't survive or wouldn't survive outside of the stipend and the end, which, by the way, they have to raise money. I don't know if you I don't know if you know this, and if you're some own biles, that's a lot easier. But if if you're like in one of the shooting events, you got to grind. I've known a couple people just over the years because I was doing the hunting and fishing stuff too. I used to do a show in Minnesota. It was syndicated, and uh, you know, so we talk shooting, we talk all this stuff, and you know, these are they got to go out and raise money for for for like going to the Olympics and stuff. So talking to some of the Olympic hopefuls, I mean, they're doing it because it's their passion, man, And we got all sorts of stuff, and yet you decide to kick it off with the thing that tells the dude at Planet Fitness talking with Ross this morning because he's there getting his gains on a Monday, which God bless you man, where you just like, I'm out out.
Speaker 2: Plus they made the female beach volleyball players put on pants. It's crap.
Speaker 1: Do you see the the swimmer retired at the Olympics. At the Olympic from Germany or something. I don't want her to win, but hello, so so anyway, yes, yeah, it's it absolutely decimates the the enthusiasm that we feel. Why were why was everything so much better in the nineties or is it just because that's the era you and I look back with fondness on right, we talked about the Dream Team, which is Olympic adjacent, but it's like, I feel like professional sports well, actually no, I don't know if you fondly remember the nineties from a professional sports standpoint, as they likely caused you great frustration. But oh crap, all right, look at that, I just went over. All right, we got to take a break. Hang on, we'll be back, obviously for something that huge. With that many people like they have their own committee there, and then the IOC has its committee, right, you have the local committee of the IOC. And I promise as much as these folks love bureaucracy with generally who's involved there the fact that nobody at any point when they were going over like sketches or practice, right, they had to practice. All of that went you know, you know that looks a little like the uh last Supper there. Maybe we shouldn't do that blue Smurf, Like if you'd have just done weird Peto Smurf, dude, I don't know, maybe still would be weird. What was the other? Oh, the other thing was did one of the dancers literally have his We'll go with twigs, twig and berries if you understand the reference the sports car reference there did were his berries hanging out of his short shorts. Because I saw that image getting posted around, I didn't, uh, Ross, what do you think? Okham's raising this thing again?
Speaker 2: They're gonna Okham's to raisor Ramona. Yeah, but they were debating like which part of the manhood it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the theory was berries, twig or tear into.
Speaker 2: It's definitely not tear but did you do some research? We should I saw the photo. The fact is we should not be having this debate at all, Like this shouldn't be like something that happens after the opening ceremony. We should be like, hey, like you said, hey, what's up with that blue smurf nymph? Elf guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or hey, what's up with all those mines that were there? That was weird?
Speaker 1: Or is it though? Like Paris?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what I'm saying. It should be like typical weird France.
Speaker 1: Stuff and people should be having fun with it. Yeah, and like one or two people should be offended whatever, Like if you'd have just done the horse right without all the other religious imagery. I'd be like, it's a laser light show basically.
Speaker 2: So, I don't know, man, I would like prefer my opening ceremonies not to have something that looks like a dark Soul's boss in it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Or all dark Souls bosses all at once and get a cage match, or so, I don't know. Whatever, you know, make it interesting.
Speaker 2: To your point. I also believe that Hell and his Cell should be an Olympic event.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough? Breakdancing is that's right? August ninth, They're gonna kick off the breakdancing. I bet they don't save one rec center? What do you think none? I'm gonna say zero.
Speaker 2: If they use their powers for good, they probably could. But yeah, he said, the Olympic committee is sort of like FIFA whatever it's it's corrupt.
Speaker 1: Did you hear how the scoring works on that fake of it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: All right, so it's it's just like it's like a rap battle, right they.
Speaker 2: Just all right?
Speaker 1: What was his name in eight mile? Oh Rabbit?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, rab rabbit, Papa Doc, Yeah, Papa Doc Rabbit. You're up right, except they'll break dance off at each other back and forth, back and forth, move for move, there's no points, it'll just be after the judges who they liked more.
Speaker 2: This sounds completely fair. Is there a giant boombox?
Speaker 1: If there's not like a like a you know, like the size of a car one there just for the aesthetics, you've really let me down. So I don't know, man, I don't know. But those were the Those were the little intricacies and the things that people make jokes about. But it wasn't some seething hatred for what they were seeing. But when you just crap on people out of the game and then try to pretend like you didn't understand what was going on. Like even in the apology they were talking about how they're wanting to focus on inclusivity, Well, you're giving away the game between that and the Instagram thing. And the inclusivity for you was to tell a bunch of people who are religious that you're gonna stick, you know, drag queens in there, or you're going to do this because they need to understand that this is inclusivity. And the other thing is too like if it was the way you chose to include that right again, it's it's they're French. I expect that it's gonna be weird and so like if you had drag queens doing something else, like, you can still send your message, but you can't go there. And I noticed there wasn't And I'm not the first person to think of this. I noticed there wasn't a drag queen Mohammed. I think the and why don't you do that in Paris? I'm sure to be fine. I'm surely, I'm sure it'll be fine. You can call it drag queen Charlie epdo right to you know, have a little fun with it, so you can, I guess, plausibly deny it when your city's being burned to the ground.
Speaker 2: I mean, once again, I'm starting to think that maybe the burning of Notre Dame wasn't a wasn't an accident, you know what I mean? Whoa?
Speaker 4: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Is your conspiracy?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: Look at you? Your ross is making stuff up that seems kind of logical. I've been there, man, people, if you don't know this too, it's it's, it's it's on its own island thing. It's it's and it's amazing or it was, and I hope that it is. Again. I obviously I haven't been there since since that happened. What are they blame it on some dude with a cigarette. I think that's what they blamed it on, right, some worker with a cigarette or something. But I remember reading how that didn't really track. So I don't know, man, I just I don't understand it, except for the need of people too, you know, crap on people that they don't agree with. And this is this goes back to our little nineties discussion we were having. And it could be just nostalgia, and it doesn't mean that everything was perfect. But I've heard it referred to as the Fresh Prince era. Right, So I can't remember who was on Twitter calls at that, but but they but they weren't talking about, you know, their love of Will Smith. They were talking about how all of the things that are just the worst parts of the political correctness stuff, the the pitting of individuals against each other, were we were softening. Right. You never had a larger unforced contingent of primarily black primetime television shows than you did in the nineties on the networks, not even today. I've said, uh, you know what, I could pull these numbers up. I remember reading this when you look, and and they weren't and and they were there, and they were popular. And it wasn't just black, it was it was Hispanic. You have a lot of Asian shows now, you had a few then, and and people watched it. Regardless how many of you watched Bernie mac show, it was great they had. You had Bernie Mack, you had Living Pez, George Lopez, you had Martin, you had all these shows. Yes, yes, I mean when you watched them.
Speaker 2: Then it was it was pre internet, so we had a lot more freedom than we did now, especially if you're growing up, you're like a teen or whatever. Right, your bosses couldn't get to you after hours. Right, So you had a typical nine to five, which is can you even imagine that now?
Speaker 1: Amazing?
Speaker 2: Right? Uh, pre nine to eleven. So you didn't have any of this stuff that we have in regards to that anymore. Just a simpler, better time. And it seemed like everything was really better.
Speaker 1: And the narrative would be it was for you because you you have white privilege. And but and again this is not denial that people weren't still out doing stuff, you know, being pieces of crap to each other and racist in some instances or sexist or whatever it is. It's not a denial of that, it's that we seem to be working through a lot of that.
Speaker 2: And you mentioned the politically and correct that like everything wasn't as it is now in regards to political correctness. The first time I remember hearing that, I think Bill Maher had this show where the political politically incorrect. Yeah, that's the first time I remember hearing it.
Speaker 1: Early.
Speaker 2: Now it's so common, like everybody knows and everybody is, you know, triggered by everything, and there's microaggressions and everything. It's grown from that. But I mean it was it was before. I mean it just seemed simpler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and and now we're in this uh DEI hell and uh no drag queen vishnu or but no, no, no, no, I hear you, I hear you by that dude. That dude seems smug. When I saw him being interviewed, I don't speak French, I don't know which which dude, the artistic director's young guy. He seemed like a smug I'm going to show them. I'm gonna take my opportunity. Dude who is just cheesed on religious people. That's the vibe I, God, no, I get proud of himself.
Speaker 2: I seem proud of himself, the same vibe as that chick that's in charge of the accolade on Star Wars, Like, Yeah, they're doing this stuff on purpose to push people's buttons. They want to make you upset. I'm going to the.
Speaker 1: Pot, and you do it at the detriment of people have worked their ass off to get there. And by the way, that's not to say maybe he hasn't worked his ass off. I don't know, but you have this opportunity. And if you're used to producing things for the theater crowd, right, if you're used to producing things in New York's theater district, you have a lot more flexibility because, like so much in entertainment, we try to gauge things, like the FCC will gauge things that I say, based on the standards of the audience that I broadcast to. It's a very weird wording and I'm not even wording it correctly, but it basically community the community standards, okay, and it's community standards, by the way, or something that is that is present in law, not just FCC regulations. And so if you're used to producing for that crowd. That's not who you're producing for. You're producing for the world. And the majority of people in the world are religious, even if you're not, and so you don't have to throw a religious homage in there. You should because Paris has a lot of very interesting religious history. The aforementioned church, the conspiracy Ross is on that, you know, that's kind of a big deal. But more than that, you got so much to play off of though, Dude, the whole Catacomb's thing, right.
Speaker 2: And once again, it's not the weirdness of it. We expect weirdness from France, Like that's what I expected it to be. And just as when they had the Olympics in Beijing, right, if you were like, hey, Ross, what's the opening ceremony for Beijing going to be, I'd be like, well, it's the it's the Chinese people, right, they're communist government. I assume it's going to be some sort of a display of how they're all choreographed. And remember that big drum banging session, remember that where they were now and it was amazing, And that's exactly what I would picture it would to be, right, And yeah.
Speaker 1: In Paris, I mean, pop around to some of the most iconic locations in France or in Paris, and there's so many, right, there's so many. If you ever go, if you ever go over there, I hate to say I would not. I wouldn't tell you to go to Paris, as bad as that sounds. And I enjoyed, but it was it was quite a while ago that I went. But you were already I already kind of felt like a bunch of people didn't want tourists there, which is a vibe you get. But I was far more entertained over in Normandy and Champagne, and could I travel all basically Paris and then you go to Versailles and then boom you pop out to the Atlantic coast there and the two days in Paris versus the five days elsewhere, it wasn't even close. Wasn't even close. But I nerd it out for two days. Right, stroll along the river, check out the shot. Are you getting overcharged? Yes? Are you getting a slice of Paris less and less? So now go to the louver. Don't throw soup on stuff, appreciate it. Look at that Try that glass pyramid and at you know, and go eh, that looks way different in person. Even if you've seen the the Tom Hanks movie and go check that out. Go to the Arc de Trompe, go check it out. Stroll along the shopping street there. I can't pronounce it, so I'm not gonna try, but you know, the one, the lase whatever, go do all that stuff. Go check that out. And if I want to go check that out and the world recognizes you for that, lean into it, just as you did with the Marie Antoinette stuff, the Bastille stuff, and be weird, be euro weird. Do they think we're weird even though they literally can't get enough of our media? And then do that. But with that Instagram post and the smugness of that guy's interview, that was they were sitting in a room, probably smoking the cigarettes with those stupid holders pinky out, drinking some I don't know, French wine and laughing about how this will show them. And you can't convince me otherwise based on those posts that I've seen, All right, are you gonna you're gonna watch the Olympics? I guess selectively, I just depending on how you watch it. They got it on a bunch of different channels. If you go to the Uh, the peacock What is the app? What's the NBC's the peacock cap. Yeah, they have about nine thousand different ways you can watch it. You can go event by event. And people have traditions. Again, you talked about in your household how you guys would watch stuff. People have traditions. They want to watch this stuff. I want to watch the track and field stuff. I like that a little wild man. I'm not much of a swimming guy, but if that's your thing, absolutely, If gymnastics is your thing, as it was, Uh, my sisters loved watching the gymnastics. I don't know if I want to watch the men's basketball though. But you know, this is this is what you decide to do with your time. Here's something else maybe you could have done with it. Why don't if you want to make statements, why don't you make a statement about what's going on in Venezuela. That's absolutely insane if you're not following that. Once again, the commie runt dictator there has claimed victory, even though it was abundantly clear to anyone watching this that he was getting absolutely trounced. And there's there's literally selfie photos that got posted from one of the campaign centers where they're all wearing their jackets, right, because he's got a he's got a he's got like a uniform where they're all wearing that and they're smiling for the selfie and it kind of looks like that that selfie from the oscars with Degenerous and all them. Right, they're just all But the problem is they have monitors in front of them that show him getting his butt handed to him in each of the little districts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's his own staff there, and now you've got to worry it. I'm now you've got to be worried about their lives. They tweeted out that photo and you can see the pie charts and he's getting decimated.
Speaker 1: You know what, I don't care. Thirty percent of people are on the winning team and are willing to subjugate seventy percent of their countrymen because that's what they actually and take that for what it's worth. That is what outside experts believe is the actual margin. Yeah, where he got thirty percent of the vote. The dude who's never been a politician, he was an ambassa who basically got drafted into this because he's probably gonna have to move. It probably got seventy percent of the vote. And I don't know if I mentioned it. So I had the opportunity when I was traveling to meet somebody from Venezuela. Oh yeah, all right, hold on, sorry, I'm so late on breaks. Let's take a break. We'll be right back. Is it again. It's not that it's all negative. It's that I don't understand why you would decide to open it with what is a very obvious fu And I one hundred percent believed that it was intentional. And I you know, everyone involves got some hang ups, they have some religious relative they don't like. I don't know what it is whether you would choose to insult that then detract from the ability to enjoy all the little micro stories and things that happen at the Olympics, Like let me give you some examples. Do you know do you know the first medal that the US won, It was a silver medal, all right, and it was the synchronous diving, right, so you got the two side by side boom boom boom. Yeah, it's very artistic in nature, and we won the silver medal. Do you know the name of the team Cook and Bacon, that's what they call themselves, and they have like bacon stuff and they wearing Bacon shirts and that's because one of them is named Cook and the other one's name Bacon. And they have a lot of fun with it. And what is a more American team than Cook and Bacon? Can we agree? Okay? Just you know, they're not major stories, but their fun stuff. You would not know who those two girls are, who've worked their ass off since high school where they were friends, if not for the Olympics and getting that medal and of course having you know, an affinity for bacon, which they obviously clearly probably don't because as they're Olympic athletes, but they probably sneak some. And that's great and you want those stories. And you've now precluded a bunch of people. If I didn't tell you about it, you wouldn't know that. But I got to dive through all of this. Bob the cap Catcher, some of you sent me this story. Do you know what that is? So this is a women's swimming event. They've got the women on the pedestals or whatever you know, waiting to go, and one of the judges notices something in the water and it's one of the you know, the speedo caps. They pull over their hair and it I guess, I don't know if it was previously in there or it fell off, whatever, but now it's in the pool. It's you know, about eight feet out and it's sinking down. And so they tell the women to dismount and they call in I guess, the crew, and this dude strolls out. He's, you know, middle aged looking dude. He's got a little millk pattern baldness, he's got a little bit of a gut on him, and he's wearing tight floral speedos. I said, ross the story, he'll tweet it out. You could go look at it. And this dude dives in there grabs that thing, and the commentators are like, who is that guy? And everyone's cheering as he holds it up, you know, like I am victorious. Right. It's a funny moment. It's a funny, silly moment that you and your family sitting on the couch watching would probably find memorable because your kids would relate to it. Why are they cheering for him? And then the commentators are like, what do we call him? And one of the guys goes. We'll call him the cap catcher, Bob, the cap Catcher. Again, it's a dumb little thing, but it's one of these little mini stories that people are going to miss out on because they chose to do this, and I hate that. I hate that for cooking bacon Bob. I'm sure that's not his real name. And you know the amount of confidence it takes to where the hospedo's man. But he's just out there doing his thing. I bet he's a fun dude too, right, because he's hamming it up out there. He's clearly not the angry people that put together that opening ceremonies or our own athletes who were literally gifted one of the highest profile jobs during the Olympic opening ceremonies and representing your country. It can't be bothered to stand the anthem and it just it just turns people off. So well, look, I'll continue to try to bring you some of the fun stories, but a lot of people aren't gonna be catching this in real time. They're gonna be bogged down with what you know, what they what They sat there with their kids to watch and then probably at some point had to go all right, let's let's see if something else is on when we're trying to determine if a guy's testicles are hanging out of his clothes or Peto smurfs up there, or the Last Supper is being recreated, and it's very obvious. So there's that, all right. Let me get back to the Venezuela thing. So I met somebody when I was traveling and instantly like this guy. Okay, instantly like this dude, this was when I was in April? Was it last I tried? I can't remember the dates I trut whatever. So if you remember, I decided I was going to go to a place called Guatapei, which is outside Magazine, which is just really really cool natural formation. It's an old volcano and it's now become a lake and there's a huge magma spire still in the middle, and it's got like seven hundred stairs get the top. There is a bar up top, and then there's like a little halfway points for you to catch your because you're like, ah, seven hundred stares, that's nothing. Yeah, And then I went from there to Ecuador, and then I went to Galapago's Silence. Great trip. I had so much fun. If you scroll back in the timeline. I posted pictures of some fun stuff. It's okay, but when I was in, when I was gonna out to pay, it is very touristy, right obviously for what it is, it's it's gorgeous. And I did the little cop out part for a while because I'm like, there's a lot of stairs and they have like a little restaurant thing there, and then they have something that's attached back of the hotel that I stayed in, where I actually ran into this dude again, and I, you know, I started talking to him because he speaks very good English and my Spanish is not great, although I can read Spanish really well, which is weird because I can barely speak it. But it actually allowed me to really deep dive some of the tweets that I was seeing coming out about the Ventelan election. This guy's from Venezuela. He's a dentist, and he's and he is. He is not just a Venezuelan dentist. He received a bunch of his schooling in the US. He was very fortunate because his parents, both of his parents were successful dentists in Venezuela were and so that afforded him the ability obviously to follow in that path. And I want to say he's forty early forties something like that. And so we got to talking, and I'm naturally curious about stuff, and he had mentioned that he's actually Venezuelan, he's not Colombian, and so I was like, oh, okay, And I broached the topic very quietly because there are a lot One thing you notice when you get to Colombia is it's full of Venezuelans for obvious reasons, but you know, you can tell people in South America really like wearing flags, colors and stuff, kind of like Texans. But anyway, and we started talking about it, and basically they didn't fall in line with Chavez, and that was not good. So I wait, hold on, it's a refreshment center Boston. Paul is very upset. The halfway point doesn't have a bar. It's a refreshment center and the hotels will put stuff over there so you can actually have beer and stuff if you want so kind of but not really. So he's hauling this stuff over and and and he just he just tells me the story and it's wild and it's it is the slow degradation of people who wouldn't fall in line, people who vote, who vocally objected to some of the changes, especially within that field, who found themselves on the outs. And at that point you're not allowed to avail yourself of some of the government funded health insurance, which is still even if you're doing a lot of private stuff is a necessity. And eventually they had to shut it down, and then somebody arsened the building. Even after they had shut it down, they arsened the building. And it was at that point his family literally had to move. And I'm not going to tell you where they moved. I can't believe he told me, but basically out of Caracas to another part of the country. And he made the decision to go to Columbia. The problem was when Colombia's deal with taking in folks, even folks with educations, is they didn't the upper crust of Columbia had some concerns that you could flood the market with professionals and that would be bad for Colombian professionals, which I guess is understandable. So he's not allowed to he's not allowed to practice dentistry in Columbia. So the guy works as a porter for a hotel, and he uses that money, that which you don't make a lot of money in Colombia. He uses that money to attempt to support his family when he goes back to visit his family. Because he was shown as somebody who left and didn't leave in the proper way, he doesn't use He uses a fake passport, which you can go by. Because Venezuela is so corrupt, they'll sell blanks for it into Colombia and people will sell them. I could have gotten one, and he has. He sits on a bus for like sixteen hours to do it, and he goes on the regular bring supplies or money or whatever he needs to this formally very successful family who had everything taken from him because they wouldn't fall in line. And now a guy who's probably smarter than be's, a sharp dude, is sitting there is moving luggage and stuff because he has to, because that is what communism wrought there. And as you can imagine watching for the third time, what has happened I guess technically second time he was gifted the first term. What is happening now once again in Venezuela where it is clearly corrupt and you can take a head count based on the countries that are willing to recognize the results. Basically Cuba, Nicaragua. I'm trying to think of the Latin American countries, all all dictators themselves who have Chavez is bad or not shaves Maduro's back because they themselves may need him if they ever get ousted or attempted to be ousted. And you watch what communism has rot and you watch his personal reaction to it. I don't care what's going on in your life. Holy hell, I remember feeling I remember feeling bad. I mean, just like I. You know, there's no problem. I can tell you that outpaces what's happening with you. And you know the narrative is, while those are true Venezuelans, they left you. You are sit in their business. You are in their business and ran generational people out of a profession that is very necessary because they wouldn't get on board, they wouldn't make contributions to you. They spoke out against it. I guess his mom did. Just wild man, just absolutely wild and uh, we're you know, the the one of the main oversight board. They're all lackeys for this dude. International observers are not granted the access they need, and that's another six year term. The only out for these folks unless they're willing to do something, and that's could be difficult. Although even though they did confiscate a lot of their weapons, apparently there's a lot of weapons to be had when you go into the favelas because they're flowing it over from Columbia, barrios, basically the ghettos, and that's not even a fair word, but the forced living conditions of the majority of Venezuelans who did go vote and it didn't change anything. And once you're so deep down that hole and they've got your guns and the military isn't gonna what do you do? He continues to check luggage and all drinks around And I guess, hope all of the things that have come to pass in Venezuela, if you just give it a rudimentary look, are exactly what they predicted what happened with Trump. And yet the people posing for photos with Maduro and Chavez and shaking hands, or the people like Sean Penn and some of the you know who else was there. Danny Glover was a big, big friends with Chavez down there these absolute idiots who all think that it would be so great if we just had communism because they know they would be among the select few to be the beneficiaries. Letting folks like that drive public opinion is dangerous and everyone should look at what's going on in Venezuela right now. And I don't know how this is going to pan out, but I know that dude to challenge him probably is gonna live in Venezuela for very long unless something amazing happens. And I don't know that my buddy's gonna go back except under an assume fake passport so we can get in out of the country, and he has to do it by bus because that doesn't work with air travel. Meanwhile, he's he's literally was trained in America. Just wild, just absolutely wild. Ross. You have like a twitch buddy, right you were saying, Am I telling lies here or has this been the No?
Speaker 2: I know him over Twitter. He's a big he runs a big Buffalo Bill's fan account, and he's from Venezuela. He is an autistic child. And I tggle about a lot about you know, obviously football, but also politics in Venezuela. And yeah, I mean they can't vote themselves out of this. No, you're not gonna You're not You're you're at that that point in overturn. You can vot it in, but you can't vote it out. And now you've got them the Maduro they're floating like a Hillary Clinton type Russian hoax thing, saying, oh, well, the problems were election interference from right. Yeah, he called him a dictator. So if you if you listened to Maduro's speech that he gave last night, put the subtitles on, I'll tell you what he said. He challenged him to a fight too, and then.
Speaker 1: He made fun of his face for like three minutes. It's just that, don't get me wrong. Do I think Donald Trump it makes a uh I would say something crazy as somebody called him a dictator. Yeah, but he didn't destroy a country and continue to do so and send the milla. Did you see the military running into the polling sites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know they're a military, but they're going in there and they just like violently taking out the battle boxes and like bringing them out into the street. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what they want is they want the computers and the tallies and and so that it becomes a race to get a hold of them. Thirty they were able to get I think thirty percent the opposition, but there's seventy They actually could be as high as eighty percent. The Meduro's people are just holding on to and they're letting their friends at the Oversight Board see it, but they won't release it to everybody. That's weird, and even international observers like that's weird. But nobody's willing to call this out, so you know, and you go in and you sanction them and and you know, all it just trickles down to the lowest among them. Meanwhile, Maduro's at the what's that idiot chef who's got like the fifteen hundred dollars stakes? He puts gold leaf on and does the little uh flips the salt salt was it Salt Bay or whatever. So if you go to one of his restaurants and they're not just in London, they have they haven't quite a few. I think they have one in Miami. Actually, yeah, so it's crazy. All right, we'll take a break. Hang on files story today, and it has to do with the Senator from Arizona, Mark Kelly, and they're obviously they're getting looked at much more thoroughly, right now, because Kelly, like Cooper, like uh well, Shapiro and others are you know, purportedly the VP shortlists. Right, So anyway, uh, Mark Kelly is a former astronaut, so the fact that he might have business interests in the aviation industry, that is not surprising, right, There's a lot of former astronauts and assa engineers to go private sector, and if only, if only to be the face of it. I mean, let's you know, when he's not when he was not punching trolls. It's a very high profile walked on the Moon astronauts, I had a lot of aviation stuff where they were kind of the face of it. So it's not unexpected. However, this particular business venture, let me read the uh this New York Times actually included one paragraph because this whole thing busted out, all right, So the company is called Worldview. Here's what the New York Times wrote. Mister Kelly has also not faced the harsh spotlight of a national campaign and has potential political liabilities like his high altitude surveillance balloon company he helped found funded by Chinese venture capital.
Speaker 2: That seems kind of problematic.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, wait, you can't. You can't use the what is probably Chinese government money and flows through venture capitalists to start a spy balloon company.
Speaker 2: I mean, those Chinese spy balloons are so hot right now, they.
Speaker 1: Are, man, Yeah, well you saw that. You saw the free pub they got last year, right right, put them on the map right there. How do you say yes to this? Or if you want to look, here's the thing. If if Mark Kelly was making spy balloons, just don't take the Chinese venture capital.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: How do you sit on that shark tank couch and go yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But my product is a it's a signal jam or and a portable EMP. It's great around you know, farmland. And also I would say, I don't know substations or power stations. It's got an American flag on it. Okay, will you faster?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You want to go kill bores or shut off the power or just boom. I don't know, man, I'm working on this thing. They're called weaker restraints. Now, hear me out. So you know how when you're making people work sixteen hours a day for nothing? Oh yeah, sure, yeah, right all right? And then sometimes it might get exhausted or dehydra and then they just fall over it right holds them in place so that they can properly pick the cot and stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm already invested in suicide nets. I feel like in the side of cliffs outside the factory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I feel like we're in They're in the same sphere here, and uh, you know, it might make sense if you know when we're when we're talking. Look, do we need to send two salespeople to deskpot regimes who want to abuse human rights? Or do we want to send one salesperson to have a whole catalog for them? Which brings brings me to my cattle prods repurposing business. Obviously we've got a lot of cattle prods in Wyoming, but they you know, they have other uses. How do you say yes to a Chinese spy balloon, venture capital Chinese company startup? How how potential political liabilities? I don't know. Did you just recoil when you heard that? Because I did. Oh, the company or the investment venture capital firm known as ten cents, and I've told you about ten cents. If you don't know about ten cent, ten Cent is the largest tech company in China. And you have to understand the ten Cents app. Think about the apps that are most popular, social media, banking, it all the Google stuff, basically basically everything of like if you pick the top twenty apps in the US, the ten Cent app does all of it. And in fact, it is the only way to bank and it's going to be it's only way to mobile bank in China with very few exceptions, and which is great if you want to keep an eye on what everybody's doing. And it also will be utilized for voting, and they are working on the social credit system to be run through the app, and it currently in beta. Provides that that's the venture capital firm. Everybody knows that that is the Chinese government. Everybody right, because they can monitor everything. They can monitor all your web browsing because it's done through that app. They can monitor who you're communicating with on the few social media stuff that you can touch, how your banking's going, and and it can see all of that. It is the ultimate spy tool by the Chinese government. Convince me I'm wrong, but in my opinion, that's exact. This is exactly what you design whereas here in the US they said they have to go out and individually capture all of this information so they can monitor your life. That's who invested. And to say that New York Times says has close ties to the Chinese Communist Party, Yes, because in China and you can look this up even though they'll sit there and deny it in our own news media. You can't do business like this. You can't do tech business without committing to certain things that you will provide to the government upon request. And if you don't play, you disappear. That's why had Chinese billionaire disappeared what a couple of years ago. Dude didn't want to play games. Meanwhile, you're just say you're too busy ordering your TMU stuff and you know, ignoring all of this garbage, ignoring what's going on in Venezuela. Well, not you, because you obviously had some intellectual curiosity, but ignoring what's going on in Venezuela and China and what they continue to do. And this guy is a city and US senator and he's like, yeah, absolutely, yeah, let's do business. He should know most of all. And even though admittedly this dates back to twenty twelve when he co founded it. He took other rounds of investment about every two to three years, allowing this venture, this Chinese venture capital firm, to get a larger and larger steak in his company. In fact, about sixty five percent of the company is not owned by Kelly, primarily owned by Chinese venture capital, and roughly the same percentage last year when you look at their disclosures, was work that was done for defense related contracts. Let me ask you a question. Who's buying spy balloons?
Speaker 2: Is it? Is it the general ross?
Speaker 1: Have you ever bought a spy balloon?
Speaker 2: A few of them?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, you're not the that would explain some stuff. Rossell just texts me randomly. He's like, that's an red shirt you're wearing. I should have known it is beautiful, Yeah, very slimming. Yeah yeah, yeah, I appreciate that. But no, no regular person's buying spy balloons. I don't even know that. Maybe like if you're a golf broadcaster, but then you just use drones. Nobody's buying spy balloons. Absolute absurdity. It's just like, yeah, it's my business. This is wild man, all right. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. I'm sorry, I just got so much stuff I want to fit in today, Jamal, Let's grab your call real quick. Got a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: What's up, hey, case You know what hearing you describe what you're the gentleman down there at the hotel in Columbia about what's going on in Venezuela. Look that's going on here in America. We've already had experiences like this. Remember the cake shop that didn't want to bake the cake, or the gay couple collar. What did the government do? Government went otter them. The government literally went out for them, took everything for them to kept putting them in court so much to whether they had the quitting them insiness. They literally stopped because they couldn't deal with it. Look what happens here in America if you have wrong things, they will literally shut you down. And people say, well, that's just you know, the customers. Nobody should have political discrimination. Look what goes on Casey today? Look at today. Some of the things you talked about when you first got on the air, You can't talk about the same things now because if you do, oh, they're gonna call up in there and say oh this big thing, Casey, he said this, Well he needs to be taken off the air. And possibly if the right people get offended. Who knows if our Heart Radio or say well no, we're gonna keep KC O day. Look what happen during the George Floyd riots. Perfect example. You if you would have went out there and said this fentanyl crackhead, Saint George Florida, the spenting on methhalt Baptist church. If you if somebody went out there and said that, people was really fired for pointing that out about George Floyd, fired from the job, thrown out because people get got offended. So, yes, it's horrible talking about what's going on in Beninsuada. But you know what, Casey, hearing you talk about it on the radio and look at some of the current conditions. Look what's going on with Mark Robinson right now and what the goverment is trying to do to him and his family.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what report on we reported it. They are deep diving their financials. But let me say but let me say this, even if it was from a human error perspective, it does appear that some of the stuff that was filed. But This speaks to the complexity of government was not it was either not accurate or put it is basically mislabeled, right, So it doesn't show necessarily that it was nefarious. But when you couple that with the deep dive that's going on, and then you also look at the sheer volume of COVID dollars that disappeared into these fake company black holes, you have to ask yourself, where's the vigor in both categories. I appreciate the call jam all seven forty six race stagic here to try again on a Monday. What's going on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That much? How are you? I don't know. I mean it's Monday. I feel a lot better than I did Friday. Man, I was, but I you know, I took the weekend and not do crap. Yeah it was great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, isn't it nice?
Speaker 1: And you know what, if you want to give me some napping weather, you fire away, sir, because I got it. Man, suck at the end of the week.
Speaker 6: So yeah, yeah, it's gonna get hotter. That's gonna be the bigger change coming. Not much change in the short term. Rain already this morning showing up on radar, pushing through Greensboro. It's basically coming east and getting into Alemance County, Chatham County as we speak, coming across the trigle here. Shortly the showers imbedd at thunder. What we'll do again, scattered shower thunderstorms today, how to keep temperatures in the lower eighties. Same thing tomorrow, as we'll have a few shower thunder showers around.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: The change is going to be is that the coverage will be better today. There may be some downpours and some localized flooding again in spots. Tomorrow will be mid to late afternoons, so most of tomorrow actually should be dry with a cloud sun mix. Wednesday, some shower thunder showers around. But here comes the heat again. We're back in the low to mid nineties. With the heat and disease will start to push one hundred Thursday Friday, very small chances of rain. Mid and upper nineties coming back with the humidity again, it'll start feeling over one hundred, so little day up here.
Speaker 1: To start the week.
Speaker 6: Then the humidity and the temperature start taking over it again with the ridge with the heat to the west of us starts coming east.
Speaker 1: All right, you got a calendar in front of you, by the way, you know I don't, but I know my dates kind of. Okay, you know what Thursday is.
Speaker 6: Thursday is the first of August.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's called It's the Stop this crap Day. Okayliday, all right, we'll do it, all right, you can't make it feel like one hundred and five. Talk to the rest of the meteorologists, vote or whatever you guys do and get back to me. Okay, I'm out of man. All right, look at that. He's gonna go figure this out. All right, we're gonna we got some we gotta play some audio from the from the Olympics insanity, and we'll give you a chance to weigh in on that. Also, what's the craziest thing you've ever done for internet clout? Because this might be one of them. We'll get into it coming up.
Speaker 5: Bang on.
Speaker 1: Uh just wild times, not as wild as when you feasted your eyes upon that opening ceremony on Friday. Look, I hate what they've decided to do with this, but once again, it is the same thing. Some obviously bitter people, and you can't convince me otherwise. Some obviously bitter people looked at an opportunity to put a big middle finger up at Christians and see and took it and then tried to gaslight you on this about oh no, that's not the Last Supper, even though it's clearly the last up for that's the feast of Dionysus. And they are betting on the fact that you wouldn't take five seconds to google what that painting is a betrothal you did that, well, whatever, google it and see what it looks like, see what the Last Supper looks like, and then use the thinking part of your brain to ockham raizor ramone before you get yelled at the thing and you tell me it's clearly that. Oh and the the big Chicken Blue refers to herself as what was it? Olympic Jesus and put an Instagram post out calling it the gay New Testament perform a costumes. By the way, as you'll warn you, it's weird, but I expect it to be weird. It's a European thing, and I don't even necessarily usually mean that in a negative way. I'm just like, you know, kind of weird. You ever go to Italy or France, you know the vibe I'm talking about it. But it's also weird because it's you're not used to it, but you expect that. And I didn't mind the Marie Antoinat holding the head and the laser lights and all that. But you couple that with the pale horse thing and a debate over whether a dude's testicles are hanging out of his leotard and how many families went no, And then when Peto Smurf, dude, let me translate, Oh no, it's gargamel. Oh no, where's the kids?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: What right?
Speaker 4: I say?
Speaker 2: He's laying on the table in front of Olympic Jesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a feast of dionysis. We're all just gonna sit at this long table, the whole thing, man. And look, I didn't even mind the music stuff, that image representing Marie Antoinette.
Speaker 2: That you saw there. Yes, that sorry section.
Speaker 1: It is called liberty exploring the Paris Political and personal emancipation over time. All right, whatever gets some Ramstein. I don't know who that is, but you know, whatever, do your thing. I don't again, be weird, but don't be wildly insulting and then issue bs apologies that are clearly not truthful.
Speaker 7: Kelly, there was never an intention to show disrespect to any religious group.
Speaker 1: Brain's fired up enough because I'm trying to figure this out. I can't believe I missed this over the weekend. So so Robert Downey Junior as Tony Stark is now Doc your Doom.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the theory. Yes, Okay, he was unveiled at Comic Con in California, right that. Uh, Robert Donna Junior is gonna diego yah Sanduel Yeah, is going to be playing Doctor Doom. And people are like, well, how can that be because you know he can't be Victor von Doom, which was the character. So that the theory is that you're going to have an alternate universe multiverse because of everything that's happened in the MCU with Kang and with the ant Man, with the Infinity War and traveling back in time and Branches and issue and low key rate all this kind of stuff. So in a different timeline, in different universe, you had Robert Dunnell Jr. As Tony Stark, who you instead of using his his intelligence for good, used it for bad and became Doctor Doom. And now he's coming over to a different universe where there's Tony Stark. But now that Tony Stark died at the end of Infinity War, so Tony Stark who is endgame?
Speaker 1: Basically, it would be the Tony Stark not kidnapped, right, because that was the ampetus for change because he was he was the weapons manufacturer.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe he was kidnapped and maybe he just you know, pushed him over the edge and became super bad.
Speaker 1: You don't know, Okay, all right, I'll watch that. I'll see because you know why, because I think Robert Downey Junior has done a very good job of that role. I've enjoyed his character throughout.
Speaker 2: Tell you when he unveiled himself at Comic Con because they were like, you know, they had a bunch of Doctor Dooms on stage, yes, and they're like only one person could play this role. And the guy walks up and takes up the mask and you know shows this they lost their minds. Yeah, yeah, but you've got like the super super super comic book nerves. Oh dad, are like, you know, Victor von Doom is Doctor Doom. And now they're pissed off because like Tony Stark is going to be Doctor Doom. So you know, you can never make everybody.
Speaker 1: Happy, right, But these are the same. A lot of these cats are the same. People will tell me to shut up because you know and then you know insert whatever Hollywood change was done to a classic characters.
Speaker 2: So right, and these are the So there's gonna be two new Avenger movies and they're gonna be directed by the Russo Brothers, which did Infinity War and and well this.
Speaker 1: Is Marvel koping you would agree. We got to get back to the stuff. This is this is a hail Mary. This is you know, like look at look at do you love us again?
Speaker 4: Do you love us?
Speaker 2: Tony Star? But he's talking to and completely and understand that. But still I'm kind of excited because if it was up to me, I would just be like, hey, guess what all that stuff we did in the last phase that didn't happen? It was a Steve Rodgers Captain America gains.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, with the except you can keep Guardians of the Galaxy. But other than that, everything else canceled.
Speaker 2: But I woke up on Sunday and that was the news. I saw, like him like taking the mask off, and I was super excited. I was like, this is kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Do you think in the alternative universe, they're technologically advanced that the air conditionings work. How does your kids school not have they don't have AC this morning or something.
Speaker 2: He went back to school today. It's those first day back, and we got notifications. He's on year round. For people wondering, Yeah, and they got notifications last week that the kids that were currently in school. I don't know if because there's like different tracks sometimes even for me, like the year right, or maybe they were talking about kids in summer school. I don't know, but they they didn't have to go in on Friday, and they left early on Thursday because they said the air conditioning didn't work. And now it's back up. They have it sort of kind of running and they're gonna have new air conditioning installed. Mark. He said, the big truck, the big giant truck, and it looks like a funhouse or something with these like you know, like the what are they called, like the uh what do they call it? I mean, I'm obviously not in hv HVAC the portable you know, the silver things that go from the air strangers. No, not the air handler, the part that goes from the air handler to the vents in your house. Oh ducks, ducks, the portable ducks. Yeah right, yeah, Like they have all these ginormous portable ducks leading from this giant, ginormous, huge truck into the school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do. When they needed to cool down at the US Open for the big media tent, they have those trucks that show up and it's how they ace these huge, like tended enclosed areas, so I am familiar with them. They also have the best porta potties you've ever seen. It's like a five star hotel inside these things. Dude, I'm telling you, ever seen the porta potties that show up in like a white trail. These are the ones that'd be like in Hollywood, right for the stars, right for the elites. Yeah, oh dude. And there's like there's like, you know, music playing right, and they've got like, you know, they got like a bidet in there for no reason. There's this show. It's just crazy. So anyway, now I'm familiar with those. Have we tried to sell the school are portable air conditioners.
Speaker 2: Because we currently have roll around the floor of the building and this is the same sort of thing. Ginormous square units, like there's like four or five or six of them, and they're like they have the same thing, like the the air hose, flexible hose that goes up to the duct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they wouldn't miss one of those result to the school judging man. All right, So that's obviously with the weather that race stags decided.
Speaker 2: I'm very confused. I really thought that maybe I just dreamt this up. But during COVID, what weren't like the schools given a lot of money for air conditioning. I was supposed to put new air conditioning units into all the schools and that was part of the money because they were, you know about installation.
Speaker 1: Some of it was not a new AC units, but it was scrubber units, so basically like Hepa filter systems.
Speaker 2: So yeah, because they were super concerned about ventilation.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yeah, they were Hepa filter systems. And uh they were literally a demand by many of the teachers unions who were refusing to come back that if they didn't do it. So when they did the big allocation, the two big allocations of COVID, one big chunk of that was money's for schools. And you can follow a series of stories where they have clearly decided that what was the intent for that money, and they're just repurposing it on stuff. Some of it's the repurpose it on DEI stuff. And they would make these fake arguments like, well, the reason that we need to use this money to pay you know, Kenji whatever his name is, to come in for seventy five thousand and speak to us about our privilege is because it'll help grow camaraderie and understanding to help us pull through COVID like events. It's all garbage. It's all just an absolute waste of taxpayer money. That is that was wildly abused. Now, did some schools probably put hepaphilter good?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: Probably. I still don't think that everyone need to be paying for it, but holy hell, a bunch of schools apparently didn't. That's a little weird.
Speaker 3: You know what.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna look this up during the next break. I want to know how much how much Wake County schools got for COVID dollars for that purpose. I'll bet the number is dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I swear I remember that being like a big thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, because it was like it was the stop it was the final stop gap for a lot of teachers. Who didn't want to come back. They wouldn't cut for teachers unions like Chicago, Los Angeles ones that were the route there. It was like it was one of the top tier demands. They wanted the they wanted the air exchangers changed, they wanted hepe filter's, you name it. And it was a big portion of the trillions of dollars that was literally spent. So I'll see if I can find that number. But you know, we're talking about government efficiency. You want something wild from a government efficiency standpoint. ABC News ABC News UH interviewed the members of the swat team. They're in Butler, Pa. Right. How how did this go so wrong? Was how nobody think that maybe we should the building? If you remember, the Secret Service director on her cowardly way out, indicated that the local law enforcement was actually inside of the building, and they may well have been some of them. It looks like some of the sheriff's folks might have been in there. But the job to secure these positions, she then tried to say, was THEIRS an operational command sits under the Secret Service. Okay, let's be abundantly clear here in the pecking order to say every one of those cop movies you ever see where the FBI shows up the local cops like, I don't want to work with you, and then somebody has to assert control. Secret Service has operational control for these events, and not just within the security perimeter, but with any law enforcement that is coordinating outside of it at the behest of the Secret Service. Again, it's not inappropriate to have local law enforcement to keep down the number of Secret Service members except in key roles. If you have operational command, it's going to be imperative, and in a sniper team position or a swat team position, you having constant communication and being able to sometimes make the call as to whether you breach, whether you fire on somebody. Right, do we know if that he is actually trying to shoot somebody? Do we have does somebody have eyes on this?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: It has to be run through somebody who's ultimately responsible. And it wasn't just that they got glad handed when the Secret Service showed up. No, what they told local swat told ABC is insane.
Speaker 7: You're supposed to get a face to face briefing with the Secret Service snipers whenever they arrived, and that never happened. So I think that that was probably a pivotal point where I started thinking things were wrong because that never happened and we had no communication with the Secret Service.
Speaker 6: You had no communication with the Secret Service at all on that Saturday, not until after the shooting, and by then it's too late.
Speaker 1: What how does that happen? I'm not even in law enforcement, and I know these cats get together. Where's Boston Paul when he's actually of use? Because he sent me a picture of him standing next to a president once get it, sober him up and get him on the phone for me. Eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. All right, I want to know when you were in a local law enforcement capacity and Secret Service rolls in with a protect ee and you guys are obviously part of the detail. Do they just not tell you anything or do you guys have a conversation. I'm curious, So throw some water on his face. Let me grab a call while we're mating, Anthony, what's up?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say that the schools they during the COVID and stuff, I do a tracy. Yeah, they put a higher MERDI rating on their filters, which unfortunately makes them clog up faster. And also it did GV lights and things like that.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's the stuff.
Speaker 8: Here's the thing.
Speaker 1: That's the stuff. That's the stuff they said they were going to do. And if they did do that, then fine. But some of the stuff they spent this money on is crazy. And it doesn't explain why Ross's kids school has to have a porta AC truck right now.
Speaker 5: Well, and that's the thing that I was telling Ross. There's one school in particular, I want to say the name, but it's been there for several years now. It's a charter school that the units were designed in Canada, and so the school's hot in the summer because they're designed for eighty degree outside ambient temperature, and schools have to have the same amount of air changes, so they're pulling in outside air. So you know, you're pulling in ninety five percent humidity on a unit that is only designed for eighty degree outside air.
Speaker 1: Well Sir, Now, hold on, Anthony, who could have predicted it would get higher than eighty degrees out here in North Carolina? Nobody?
Speaker 3: What do you?
Speaker 1: I can't go that man.
Speaker 5: That's because they spend money on bamas instead of what they need to spend it all how much.
Speaker 1: How much where you hide all your money like Pablo Escobar. This time of the year, you guys just got to be raking it in he's buried or what.
Speaker 5: My company does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, get ahold of just all right, thanks for the call. I just assume everyone who works in h in Ac this time of the year is just it's you ever see the South Park where all of the guy the handyman we're driving around and like rolls royces and stuff because nobody knew how to fix anything anymore. It's wild, all right, it's being a while. Here's Boston, Paul, semi sober, Boston, Paul, what's going on?
Speaker 8: You know, I got things I gotta do. Man, what's up?
Speaker 1: You don't got You don't got anything to do now except send me pervy weather picks, which you're diving gonna get into it. So why you send me a photo one time trying to pretend like you did stuff and you were standing on the presidential detail. I can't remember which president it.
Speaker 8: Was, Yes, Clinton a few times. Clinton was on a detail him a few times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, coming in to hit on some of them Southie chicks. Anyway, So like I'm assuming you guys talked to the Secret Service, and they would tell.
Speaker 8: You there's a calm center.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 8: You know, of course, you know all our radios don't we don't all have the same frequency, So you would have a com center where people with every agency, every radio including e MS and fire and it's all community. It's done the right way. But like him that time I was walking with him, he deviated from from where where he's supposed to go, and that that drives him over the edge.
Speaker 1: Did he go into McDonald's and eat everybody's food?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 8: No, no. And then you were asking one time about what that team is called there this night, the team that's the cat team, And I think they only had one of those down there where he were Yeah Trump, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I just I can't imagine these dudes are sitting around and they're a sniper swat team with a sniper and they have to make the call maybe to shoot somebody, and there they don't even know who to ask. That's insane to me.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know what happened. There was big time, big time failure and communications. But I can tell you some other stuff where I can't tell you how.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right before you get busted. Look at that, he's got secrets. All right, Oh, I want to take this call. All right, Dave, I got a minute, a minute and a half.
Speaker 4: Hurry up, Casey, this is who repos to tell me another's order with the Chinese Tropo Adventure. Yeah, so he now fast, we use what's called aero spots, which is essentially a SI balloon. So we tell them and they go up above the base.
Speaker 1: And they yeah, I've seen them base.
Speaker 4: Yeah, never make it any better, but yeah, I just wanted a comment on that when you were kind of trying to figure out what the SPA ballooms would be used with Governor.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I was being slightly facetious. I was being slightly facetious, and Dave, I appreciate the call. The point is, and I say, I got some really disingenuous emailer. They're like, oh, you know, you can't prove you're selling them to the It's not about the actual balloons they're producing. You have to understand that the reason that Chinese investment companies get in with these tech companies is they want the intellectual property right. They want Kelly and their rocket scientists and everybody to go ahead and do the work and create and innovate and all of that. Meanwhile they get a whold they photocopy the plans and you're off and running. Man, all right, it is a twenty three. I'm gonna actually hit a brake on time. We'll come back. We get more calls and lots more stories, including the worst YouTuber of the week. We'll explain case O Day radio program. This is why I am so upset with what they chose to do with the opening of the Olympics, because you have turned these you have turned people off something that should be a good thing, something that should allow athletes who train their whole lives but get really no recognition because of the sports they're in are not the ones they get the big TV deals, all of that, you know, and and instead you have these petty decisions, these hateful decisions that go and color the whole thing. Did you see the women's the women's basketball coach who was talking about why Caitlin Clark's not there, and it's obvious it's because f her, right, But then you go look at the opening ceremonies and the like, hey, look at this last supper thing with the new the gay Jesus or the gay New Testament and all this stuff, and it's just like, why do that? And by the way, nobody would care if everybody up there was gay that was recreating a painting. It's that you chose to go over the top drag queens because you know that that is a big thing right now, and then lie about it, and then these stories get buried that deserve us to talk about. And even if I talk about it on the radio, chances are people are now not gonna watch it live. I told you about the first metal one was cooking Bacon. I think that's funny. It's the girl's name is Cook. The other girl's name is Bacon. They've been friends since high school and they just want the silver medal in synchronous diving, and they play up the whole bacon thing. It's a dumb little thing, but it's funny. I would know. You wouldn't know anything about them unless you're in the sport Women's wat And I told you it. Literally, excuse me, Ross, we need a trillion dollars with new HEPA filters. Get on it. Don't worry, we'll spend it on other stuff. So you see these little stories and like it's robbing opportunities because people had to make a screw you point and it's just so bothersome. Let me let me, let me give you another one. So I told you that the athletes, many of the athletes are not as fortunate as like Simone Bios, who I who I think is great by the way, but you know, they don't have the financial opportunities that a higher profile sport necessarily does. So you have Olympic athletes that are working second jobs and having to go around in fundraise like your kid's little league team unless they can get a benefactor. And the US women's water polo team has won three straight gold medals. They're going for their fourth right now. That's pretty impressive. But they were all working second jobs. And one of the individuals with the team actually knew somebody who's got a little bit of money explain what was going on, and this dude stepped forward and he is the benefactor now to fund this so that they can concentrate on training, so they can go back and get us for our fourth gold medal, so we can go in your face other countries. Whatever. I'm petty, it's flavor flav.
Speaker 2: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: Because on the sidelines of the women's water polo behind the bench screaming because he's paying for them to be able to go ahead.
Speaker 2: And yes, it's an unfair advantage. It's like steroids there, you think, so before each other at the pool, you have like flavor flavor with the clock screaming everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, yeah, yeah, girl, I guess you'd have to change it. But yeah, totally. It didn't look like his uh his romance worked out from his reality shows. So weird. But anyway, he's so he's turned his attention to this.
Speaker 2: First off, he should have never chosen Hoops. It was a big mistake. He should have went with New York.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm sorry. You know their names?
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, no, no. I was like one hundred in Atlanta, and I remember when that show came on. It was like two thousand and five or whatever, two thousand and six, and I was at a hot.
Speaker 1: Score I was dating. Was fascinated with it. I I literally couldn't sit in the room while that thing was on.
Speaker 2: I was at a house party and somebody was watching it and the sparroom we were going to watch this. It was like this show was amazing.
Speaker 3: This is good.
Speaker 2: I said, this is gonna be this was like the first show, like, this is gonna be a huge show. And I texted my boss at the time and I'm like, I want to interview Flavor Flave. He was like, what are you talking about? Like, I'm ne I need Flavor Flave. I want to do it. Yeah, And I saw him at at the station meeting on like Tuesday whatever, after the weekend, and he had assumed I was like stupid drunk dude, which I was, but just He's like why because he had he had no idea about the show. I'd never heard the show. I got him on the show, and then long story short, got to interview Flavor Flave.
Speaker 1: But the show was a big deal, right, he was huge And then they did who is It Brett Michaels another one which I had to suffer for love Yep. Yeah, probably should have broke up with her earlier. Listen, knowing what I know now, anyway, go ahead, completely unfair advantage.
Speaker 2: I love Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: Flavor Flav hype man behind it and I love I love it too that if you're from some country you got no English and you have no bead on like you're the Mongolian team, and like you're not consuming a lot of US media, which is one of the lower consumption rates among countries. All you see is an insane dude in an America jersey wearing a hoodie with a giant clock around his neck, screaming, and you got to be like, what the hell is that?
Speaker 2: That's?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I love it. I love it so I I love it, and I hate the part where this is, uh, this is screwing over people's ability just to enjoy a thing that we used to enjoy, that we used to embrace.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: First we first started the show, first sing Ross brought up was Kerrie strugg Absolutely that moment that Wheaties box, Are you kiddy me? And it was moments like that Jackie Joyner curse. I understand that there was some stuff, you know later on with you know, some of the some of the doping stuff, but like, it didn't matter who you are or where you came from. We were just like, let's say we're America. Let's go out and dominate man, And you don't have to be a jerk about it with me or I'm like, yeah, do a victory dancer to fad it, but like just just going. Do you remember how good it felt to watch the US and Russia medals back in the day? Count? Do you remember how good that felt watching those numbers tally? And it was you know, it was the Cold War esque era, even though it was post you know, the well some of it wasn't, but the disillusion of the USSR but watching US go against Russia and that pride you felt when we dominated the metal count.
Speaker 2: Didn't matter what the sport was either, No, it could be cricket.
Speaker 1: Nobody cared. We're just like, yeah, suck it, Ruskies. Because it was the attitude at the time.
Speaker 2: I for some reason I wanted to It was even like figure skating. I remember watching it, like I said, it's a big event or household we would sit down and watch it. And I think at the time, I don't know. I was she remember Exana Bayoulee? Was she she was from Russia? Right, wasn't that or was she not?
Speaker 1: I can't remember.
Speaker 2: She was going against Nancy Kerrigan and the Tanya Harding stuff back in the day. Yeah it's a big man. You wanted to kick their ass. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Winter Olympics was much closer than Summer Olympics. But so when we when we did, it was amazing. Some of the greatest moments. You guys know her Brooks was you probably do. You probably don't if you spend any time living in the Twin Cities. I got statues of the dude everywhere who literally uh has one of the best Olympics stories ever and died on black eyes driving by the exit of my house one time. It was literally on the radio when it happened, and like it period of morning. Herb Brooks was the guy who organized the US men's hockey team who went over and beat Canada and Russia. That was crazy. I personally know a guy by the name of Rulan Gardner. You may have heard his name. He was a wrestler on Afton, Wyoming. In fact, Bubba Daniel Vasco kid I went to high school with, had to wrestle his weight class. And even though Rulan Gardner went on to be a Roman greco versus you know the traditional wrestling, he just kicked everybody's butt. It was crazy. This dude stuck his hand into a snow machine one time, came off with three less fingers, didn't even notice. You know what he did do. He went over and beat the Russians for the first time, and that wasn't that long ago. They had never been beaten in that particular event in modern history. And he went over and won. And you love these stories, and yet you got to walk in on the insanity that was that opening ceremony where parents literally had to turn it off because their kids were watching. How does that? How does that comport with your childhood memory of the Olympics, Ray Stagic from the Weather Channel? Remember remember Kerrie Strugg the gymnas who literally had to be carried off by heer coach after I win the the wheaties boxes, the how did we get here? Did you watch any of the opening Sorry I shouldn't drag you into this, but you understand why people are upset right with the opening ceremony? Okay, I do.
Speaker 6: I didn't watch it, but from what I've gathered, I've gathered, yeah, and I I mean you and I probably grew up.
Speaker 2: I can remember where I was.
Speaker 6: I was in Lake georgea New York when we won the the hockey thing, yes her, the Miracle on ice, Miracle on ice, yep. I was snowmobiling in Lake Georgia, and I remember watching that. Of course, of course I was what what else thought I would be doing?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: And that was in was that in Lake Placid?
Speaker 6: That No, Lake George is south of like no, no, no, no, yeah, I think they were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah, wild, I want that. Do you know who? Do you know who's funding the women's water polo team. People don't realize that these athletes have to like fundraise to do all. Yeah, and so he benefactors stepped forward. So on the sidelines for the women's water polo funding the team this year is Flavor. Flav Oh nice, that's amazing. That's our man, Flavor. He was made for this.
Speaker 6: I will say, though, I'm still looking forward to the breaking just to see how the break dancing is gonna go.
Speaker 1: You gotta wait till August and ninth. You see the scoring. There's not even points. They basically they're going to battle individually and the three judges will go yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: There's nothing wrong with that. That's my kind of score. They're not going to save a single rec center, don't even start all right anyway.
Speaker 6: Good stuff, all right, stuff, Yeah, Monday morning, seeing the next area of rain come through and just get ready over the next probably hour to two hours, come right across the triangle. Right now, it's between Greensboro, Raleigh, and Sanford, and so if you're in Sanford or Fayettevil, you're next, same thing for Raleigh and Durham, and another batch back behind that. After a little bit of a break, you get the picture a lot of clouds and these areas of showers and embedded rumbles a thunder which could produce some downpours at times. And after we get these couple of batches through midday early afternoon, you make it a break. But the storms will probably come back later today and probably more the same tomorrow, low eighties maybe to the middle eighties, and a triangle tomorrow, and then the ninety plus starts probably Wednesday, with less rain but still some and same thing Thursday. Friday, could even be pushing, especially around Raleigh, into the upper nineties with the heat and decease going back over one hundred, So we'll lose at least the coverage on the rainfall won't be zero mid weekend beyond, but we're gonna see tempatures go up. So we came back that high heat. We kind of kept the commidity over the past few days, and we'll keep that too, so I got to push the heat in.
Speaker 1: Decks up in the tropic.
Speaker 6: There is an area of the hurricane center over the Central Atlantic has a fifty percent chance of developing in seven days, and some of the guidance does bring it close to the southeast coast next week, so I have to keep an eye on that too.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, thank you sir, appreciate it. Have a good one and we'll come back. Mike, if you hang on, I will get to your call before the end. We get the YouTube thing as well, and wait till if you haven't seen it, go check out our Twitter. Casey on the radio. The New York magazine has fallen right in line on the Harris stuff and it's it's stomach churning. We'll be back. Hang on, well, good morning, Casey.
Speaker 9: Stocks ended last week with a rally, and the future suggests we'll start out higher this morning. Futures higher right across the board now. Futures are up one hundred and eighty one points. The Federal Reserves Policy meeting and the July employment report highlight the economic calendar this week, and this is going to be a big week for earnings from big tech. Microsoft to schedule to release quarterly results tomorrow. Meta platforms Apple and Amazon report over the next two days, McDonald's customers cut back in the spring. The fast food chain posted its first sales decline since twenty twenty, A key metric used to track restaurant business that's comparable store sales were down one percent from a year earlier. Analysts were expecting a modest decline. Apple's been working on some artificial intelligence features for its devices, but they're not going to be ready for release as early as originally expected. Bloomberg's Mark German reports they'll miss the initial launch of software overhauls for the iPhone and iPad Ai will be part of the software updates that Apple plans to roll out later in the fall. Most people who went to the movies over the weekend went to see Deadpool and Wolverine. That Walt Disney release took in two hundred five million dollars. It was the biggest opening weekend for any film so far this year, and the best ever opening for a movie with an R rating. And never too early to plan for Halloween, Casey Halloween merchandise goes on sale today at Disneystore dot Com. Disney's twenty twenty four Halloween Shop includes hundreds of costumes and accessories.
Speaker 1: Casey, all right, hey, we were talking earlier about uh our, like how Ross and I used to work music radio, and he was talking about an interviewing flavor Flake. Did you ever do anything other than talk?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I started My first almost five years in the business were.
Speaker 1: With radio or with music radio. Oh really? Would did you go by Jeff Bellinger? Do you have like a cool name?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: I used my use my name or just the initials JB occasionally because I started in my hometown a small radio station and wanted people to know who I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as did I Buffalo Wilie Man. All right, cool, cool, Thank you, Jeff, appreciate it. Okay, take care? All right, there we go. All right, Ross said that to the notes. We're solving a mystery. If you already hear Friday, you know Thursday, you don't understand? All right? Anyway, eight fifty five, let me let me do this. Grab Mike's call. We're talking about how the local SWA and the sniper team didn't even meet with Secret Service that day's wild all right, Mike, go ahead.
Speaker 10: AKC. Just want to say, first of all, I enjoy your show, and Hayes for Sheriff number two number three. I was in law enforcement and Barack Obama come to the jurisdiction that I was in, and we had incident commands set up, and both CIA officials and our local officials were in that mobile command and basically they would just relay our COMPM yes, yes, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: And the second of all.
Speaker 10: The caveat to this is is I would have the FBI call and talk to me on when I was at the sheriff's office, and you know, they would tell us that they were coming into our county to serve a warrant and I would ask them how could we help, and they would say, just stay out of the way. And then I worked at DNC in Charlotte and they also had an incident command and my job was to write on the bus that the delegates were taken to the arena owned and I could not get off that bus or it was thing dirty. And we had colms too, So the fact that there was no comms is just beyond the pail for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild. People are not saying yeah, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 10: I'm not saying that there was a nefarious act that happened in Butler, PA. But there's a one appearance that there was.
Speaker 1: The incompetence rate is overwhelming, regardless of how you figure you got there, and people don't realize, especially because I've been to the rnc's the amount of different law enforcement entities from all over the state and country that are literally invited and all play a part in it. Right, you'll see departments and thanks for the call there, Mike, sheriffs and folks from all over the place. It's wild. Speaking of wild, you know what, I'm gonna bump this story tomorrow because I got to get it the the YouTube thing. I never got to the YouTube thing, so so I'll take the last minute. Rossie like your new couch. Ross got a new couch, So he was Brad.
Speaker 2: I'm going home and getting right on it. Yes, it was a struggle man, even to come in today, was it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe we should have the company buy you a duplicate for your studio or with
Speaker 2: That, No, I would I would compromise, ye,