Speaker 1: And and did you hear that? Come on, will you please? Did I hear what that whistles? That's the Rinso white whistle, and Rinso means us. That's right.
Speaker 2: Rinzo gets closed, Rinso White and Rinto presents the Amerson and the show. A lady I know told me that much as she enjoys cooking, half the joy of the meal time is spoiled for her by the thought of doing the dishes her family is piling up. Of course, you know what I told her. But if she used Rinto for dish washing, she could eat in peas because she'd know that just as Rinso stuts get out more dirt from clothes, they make short work.
Speaker 1: Of the biggest pile of dishes.
Speaker 2: Yes, those rich Rinso studs get rid of grease and sticky food particles faster than most soaps. Even your pomps and hands are a lot easier to get shiny bright with Renso on the job, and Rinso's easy on your hands too. So ladies, tomorrow, first thing, get Renso and now are stars Amos and Andy?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Something big is happening in Harlem this week. The Ink Flow Fountain Pen Company is offering the exclusive sales agency for the Harlem Territory to whoever sells the most.
Speaker 1: Pens by next Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Andy Brown and George King Fish Stephens have again formed a partnership and expect to win the sales contest. At the moment, they're in Andy's office boasting of their expected victory to Amos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, amusin no doubt bothered me. And the King figure is going to be the Harlem sales agents for the ink flow pens. Yeah, well, I hope so, fellas. If you was a nice writing pen, if you does get the sales agency, you are do a pretty good business, a pretty good business. He is gonna do a great business. How much business would you say that Montgomery Ward do every year? Montgomeryward? Oh, I guess they do at least a one hundred million a year. A hundred million. Huh uh. Let me put that out another way. How much you think Shorty next door doing his barber shop every year?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: About a thousand dollars a year? Well, then I would saying we are gonna do somewhere between montgomer Reward and shot his barber shop. Oh sure, Emma, we is really gonna be a suckt fellas. The way you talk, you sounds as if they don't already handed you the exclusive contract. Well they practically, after all, when we turns in their orders for three thousand fans, ain't gonna be no question about it, did you, fellows self? Three thousand tens already? Well, no, not the entire amount? Then how many tens is you sold to shoot? Oh? Fellas, how can he even talk about when the squeze the sales aiden say, when already done sore the two pens AMers. You don't understand them? Two pins we've done sold? Was just a trial sales to see how easy it was the people. We told them to grab them like hockecake. Oh they did. Huh oh that sounds good. Alright, yeah, first ander sold one of them? Are sold one? Who'd you tell them to each other? Oh fellas, that is the silliest thing I don't ever hear of, listen, Ambers. Even though we bought de pens ourselves, that was a fair test how well we played like we didn't know each other and wasn't even in the market for a new fountain pen. Yeah, that was right, amos. And in spite of that, we just couldn't help com bind these beautiful new inklow pins. There's only one trouble though, what is that end? We ain't collected from each other yet. Well, I sure wish you luck, But ain't there a lot of other people trying out with this company to win this squeeze of stale agency here? Oh no, according to the company, there's just one other person competing. We don't know the name of the man, but whoever he is, he don't stand a chance against the two of us. Well, I just hope it all turns out all right. Well, I'll see you later. Good luck, Okay, So ho long Emma. Well, now, Kingfish that we is big businessman. I guess the next thing to do is find a secretary we can hire for the office ship. Oh yeah, good idea. Now what kind of a secretary you think we ought to get in? Well, we ought to get the kind of a girl that Uh uh no, we better get one way I can get some work done. Uh why don't you look at the hollow newspaper you got there, game Fish? Oh yeah, good, Yeah, we ought to be able to find somebody in the class apply the john. Let me see a housekeeper, switchboard operator. We haven't help one here? Look at uh, this look great. Tell them listen, young woman will do time secretary work in exchange for use of office. Call missus Genevieve Blue lead high four. Wait a minute, Genevieve's blue. Yeah, that's my old stenoga for miss Blue. Well I've had dog gone, that's exactly who Oh I remember buzz me missus Blue? You remember that? Oh boy, this is great. She's dumb, but me and you has got enough brains for the three of us. Let's get her over here. Well, miss Blue, is show is nice having you back?
Speaker 3: Oh thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but on those part time based on how many hours a day does you think you can give us?
Speaker 3: Well, now, miss the stake came that defense on how disney I am.
Speaker 1: Let's see, there.
Speaker 3: Are twenty four hours an average day.
Speaker 1: Ain't the most days?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Mamil'll take about three hours a day three and a half is the coffee is too hot, the hannay's take another two hours. I sleep eight or nine hours, sometimes even ten. You know, I'll find it. Going to that early is the best way to keep them staying up late.
Speaker 1: I caught. On the other hand, or that's fine was blunobo was what we are trying to find out is how much time can you work here at the other all the time?
Speaker 3: It's at the first few hours a week I do from outside of works. Put my mother in Louisiana.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's the strangest thing about mother. She's never been out of Louisiana in her whole life. And me I never been in Louisianna except because for a short time when I was born. I had to be there for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess the daughter, oh that much to her mama. Uh. In other words, besides a few hours a week for this outside work of yours, or the rest of the time you can work for us? Oh yeah, human us. I'll get it down them. Hello George King and Stephen's daughter and.
Speaker 5: Can't face fire, Henter, Oh hello, hello, they can't face I can tell you where you can.
Speaker 1: Fight to itself. Five hundred thousand and ten five hundred, Hendry, where here's the players?
Speaker 5: Well you both seen mister Billings that the Billings Office supply. He told a friend of mine last night, and it's all out of tens and it eats five hundred of them.
Speaker 1: At once for the Christmas holiday. Oh that's great, Hender. We'll call you back later, goodbye, and put on your shoes with young just since the big order. Oh that's great, Kingfish thinks, what about me? What about this job? The job? Take off your hat and coat and go to work. We'll see you later. Well, here's the place, King Fish, the Billing's office supply company. Let's go in now. Now hold it doesn't and I hold it now? Just just wait, wait doesn't. Man, Joe, I got an idea of walking over here, and I want you to listen to me. Yeah, go ahead, now. The best we ANDed out an all wheels found, and you know I was a salesman. The best way of seals up me is the first created demand for it. Oh sure, there ain't no doubt about that demail and stuff. How we created one? Yeah, that's what they gonna splain to you right now I'm playing. Yeah, Well, don't stand there with ignorance all over your face. I gonna tell you what is here now. Uh, we knows that since the man here in the store is out of the fountain pens, he certainly can't have no inkflow pens. So if you walk in ahead of me, see I don't go in with ja Wait that yeah, you goes in and you Pete Tims that you are shopping for Christmas present, and you on fifty of the finest pins on the market, the ink flow. Now this forell the Billings is certainly gonna wish he had some. Yeah, that's creating a demand, all right. Right now, then while you talking to demand, I bust in there in the nigger time and I get to order for the five hundred ink floors. Yeah. Now you go on in there and get the ball rope. And remember now when I walked in, I don't know you. Now when I come in there, okay, King Vish, here I go creating. Yeah mmm, well pretty big station. So now if I can find the boss, this must mean mister Billin's coming over here. Now that's something I can show you. Oh yeah, so yes, you see, I was doing my Christmas shopping early and I want to buy some Fountain Fans ink flow pins. I see. The reason I got to have the ink float pen is cause it's the only one on the market where they adjust the blink flow and comes in twelve beautiful colors. And ain't it too bad that you ain't got none?
Speaker 2: Well, now, how many ink flow pins would you want?
Speaker 1: Oh, oh about fifty? Shall I wrap them as gifts foil? Yeah, that'd be a Wait a minute. Wait if you mean you got ink flow pens fifty of them?
Speaker 2: I've got five hundred of them.
Speaker 1: I bought them this morning from an ink Flow representative. Oh me, you know, mister Nick time hopping, you clothed salesman, kings Fish, mister Billin, I got the order for five hundred flow pins already. No tell miss Billin's already got to do with time. Wait a minute, three hundred trade? I don't understand. Yeah, well, you see, I happened to be outside and I overhear it. This unknowed customer created demand, so I thought I both right in with a supply here, Kingfish, I gotta tell you, stuffing, Kingfish, please please quiet and uh pillins. I can't understand how this unknowed customer here happened to catch my name like that. Yes, it's very strange. You caught his too, Kingfish. You gotta listen to me, all right, what do you want, unknowed customer? I don't want nothing that he's done already bought the five hundred in full tens from our competitor. Yeah, what HAPs the reason I'll come in here. What is that again?
Speaker 6: And your unknown friends were trying to tell you if you came in to sell me five hundred inflow pender a little lake.
Speaker 1: I bought them this morning and they've already been delivered. We'll have to hearing that. And uh, you've got the idea, the idea? What is it? Unknown friends? And I wish you was. Let's get acquainted and get out of here and tell some tens, well, what do you want madam? Uh, i's going the house to house representing the ink flow fountain fans.
Speaker 3: I don't want any fund of tenn and get your foot out of my door.
Speaker 1: But madam, the ink flow pen is the only out my foot. Oh good morning, oh madam? I uh, hell no, did you want something? Well, there was something, but that don't mean nothing now, honey, I don't know, darling. It's the idea to tell me and my wife well of selling, no selling, no nose to those I just give it away free fopping fans. That's all here, half one, there is absolutely free. Hello there, Jordy, I'm glad I found you alone with nobody in your barber Yeah. Hello, And how would you feeling today? Jordy. Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry to ask me that my stomachs call my blood press, my uncles, they got my dignity, my Disney.
Speaker 1: Spells that I feel great. Yeah, well, I'm glad you're feeling good, Jordy, because you know, when a man feels good, that's when he feels reportant. And when a man feels reportant, that's the time he needs the Fountain pen. And since I represent the eight full Fountain Pen Company, I want to tell you one, oh they ain't so plain that that's one of the greatest fountains.
Speaker 7: It did, but I look for you never get no week on your face, always right without a leg, then comes out without without I.
Speaker 1: Need a pencil. Looky here, shorty, listen they ever man need the klow pen and there's guaranteed, uh how how much he is the in flow pen and a dollar appear? Yeah? Oh, and I can't afford that kind of money. That's that's a lot of money. Give me six six pens or that's great, shorty. Here here you is now, just give me the money. He'll here you is Andy. Yeah, wait a minute, what is this fifty ten fie? Where's the other five? And a half. Well, and Andy, you olwys me old me guys for haircuts. Yeah, but I didn't tell you to take it out in ten, did I? Well?
Speaker 7: I wait a minute, and you told me that when you got the head, because you don't you remember you said you said that.
Speaker 1: Well you you promised me that you thought.
Speaker 6: The thing to do, But it was mona idea, Kingfish.
Speaker 1: Here, look at here, we've been out selling all morning. You ain't got nothing but promises. And I have seven pins in the rear, seven pins in the red. Yeah, six of them I give to Shorty for haircuts and one to Gal's husband for a close share. You know, you know, Kingfish, the show looked like our competitor is going to get the exclusive contract. Yeah, but Anna did not. I tell you that the buyer of the tailor's department, though, promised that he had pooned later today for given us an order for fifteen hundred full ten. Yeah. Now we en't under this competition yet, you know. Now, let's get out here and see we can't get some customers almost flu Yeah, we ain't had time to tell you, but we was in the reporting business and me and miss Brown has got to go out there the most sales. Yeah, you see, wee is bucking another fellow to get this care of doing.
Speaker 3: I shall hope you beat him, whoever he is. And don't you run out, say Ronnie, and take all the soul mass he's now. Just take out the office and out.
Speaker 1: All right, good bye him with blue.
Speaker 3: Come on, my goodness, that is the most talkative man. I can't get him word, he ain't right?
Speaker 1: Hello, get on miss blue? Did miss blue blue? This, mister Williams.
Speaker 3: Mister Williams. Oh, mister Williams. I hope you're not calling because I haven't been doing well, not in my job bas yet. You see how I had to work. It's a part time seen augur.
Speaker 1: Hold him on, hold on him in this blue. I call to tell you what a wonderful job you're doing. In fact, I'd like to come up this afternoon and talk to you personally.
Speaker 3: Oh, mister Williams. Then you're really mean there?
Speaker 1: Mean it? Why with the sales record you've shown, there's no doubt in my mind that you will be the exclusive Harlem representative of the In't blow Pan Company.
Speaker 2: Well so the King Fashion and these competition in the Ink Flo Pen contest is their own secretary. Things ought to begin to happen when they find out, which they probably will very shortly. You know, friends, I like to kid myself into thinking that I deserve the credit for spreading the good word about Rinstoll. Well, I actually, you ladies really spread the news over a luncheon table, for instance.
Speaker 1: You this flow.
Speaker 8: Oh I'm Betty, I've had it for ages. It's so hard to replace clothes these days, what with materials being so scarce and all. I try to take saffly good care of my things, and you know, I found that Rinto's a big help. It really keeps my clothes looking practically like new after dozens of washing.
Speaker 2: Well, Betty found out for herself how good Prinsto really is. Then she phoned a friend Mark.
Speaker 8: I could hardly believe I could get my wash done so quickly and so easily, and really every piece of as clean as whistle.
Speaker 1: You know that Rinstow whistles.
Speaker 2: And it isn't long before friend Marge is telling about to be married Jennie Perkins.
Speaker 8: You see, Jane Rento gets out more Derrick. So your white wash comes out snowy rinsoll pipe washable colors, sparkling winso bright and that Jane is something to whistle about.
Speaker 2: Try to instow yourself, ma'am, and you'll be whistling every wash day too. And now back to the Amerson Andy show. Well, Andy and the Kingfish are certainly in for a big surprise because they don't know that their competitor for the Harlem agency of the Ink Flow Pen is their part time secretary, Miss Genesee's Blue. Nor do they know, as we join them now in Andy's office, that mister Williams, sales manager of the ink flow Pen Company, is on his way uptown right now to see her.
Speaker 1: Miss Blue. Was any messages while we was out? But Shot did bob over?
Speaker 3: Then he said if he came over to tell you that he wanted that, he would like to h that he was there, just that he had to say that he didn't want nothing.
Speaker 1: Uh, that show was getting shot his message all right, word for word? Yeah, any telephone call, no get me. Yeah, Well, you get on in the back office, Miss Blue, and do whatever you're supposed to be doing. Yeah, yeah, I su always got buyer of the pill at the department, so would call up and order them fifteen hundred and tens And he said he'd call up some time to date. Yeah, that show would put us on a wait a minute, Who was this coming in? How you doing, sir? Oh, pardon me, it's your office as that's right. Well, I'm mister Williams of the Ink Floor Pen Company, and I was looking for oh, mister Williams. I was glad to know you. My name was Stevens. Mister Brown, Yeah, yeah, how is your mister Williams. Yeah, I guess you come up to see how we're doing with the Harlem territory. Ah wes hitting the ball all right? Oh yes, yeah, Stevens and Brown. I had no idea you were in the same office with yours, in the same ovels. Me and Brown work right together here, that's right. And by the way, miss Williams, what's the name of our competitor on this thing? Is that a secret? What's the most secret? Your competitor's name is Blue? Yeah? Well, now, like I say the thing, uh Blue, No, it couldn't be uh you say Blue, that's right, Blue? Or that couldn't be possible?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Well, now early way, most Williams, are we really gonna start sending in orders? Uh? Yeah, you said that you might have to build your plant bigger to take care of. Yeah. I tell you there's no limit of what can we can do when we start. Uh you say that name was blue? Yes, that's right. Uh, not that it makes no difference to us, is Uh there's a crazy the thought that got in my head. But would you say, this person's blue that's competing with us? Is a male or female? Well, I don't know what you're driving at, but it happens to be miss Blue. As a matter of fact, that we I came here was too. Are you naying miss Blue? Coast King Creek Blue is a common name. It was a lot of blue. Oh yeah, the whole thing. It does a coincidence. Let's forget it now. Mother Williams are getting back to the dozeness. They're going in h. We know that the equal pimp is h What is her first name of, mister Williams. If her first name is Genevieve, we don't want to hear it. What is it Genevieve? We don't want to hear it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Look, I came here to see miss Blue. Who is incidental? They're doing a wonderful job telling our pens and might say she's miles ahead of you in this competition. The right she's going. She'll have this contest since for the next twenty four hours. Now worth, where can I find it? She's in the back of Oh, thank you. I'll go back into your she'll have it tinted in the next twenty four hours Kingstreet, two million secretaries in New York. And we got to pick our competitor. Yeah, and this competition is over on Wednesday. Yeah, what else we're gonna do? We gotta win kings. Say wait a minute, brother, and I think I got an angle. Yeah, listen, dis order work, come on, and we got some arrangements to make. Now that we got everything all set, and here's how it's gonna work. Yeah, this is good. Or now Lightning is gonna phone the office here and say that he is the buyer of the Philadelphia Supply Company and that he wants miss Blue that come to Philadelphia for a big order of ink flul pen. Yeah. That'll keep her in Philadelphia all day where you won't sell nothing. And in the meantime, we're gonna have Harlem all to ourselves. Yeah. Now we get on top of that the PLS department store. You know it's for as to phone us for fifteen hundred tens that we're gonna order now, brother, and we are gonna win this thing yet if you just stick with it, because we're gonna get that order from the pilot store. Oh show, wait a minute, wait a minute, she come now, kings come in the blue, come in the time.
Speaker 3: It just to tell you sun out, I'm selling.
Speaker 1: Inkso pens too. Oh no normous blue, No fact, this just to show you there ain't no hart vielins me and the king fishes the side of that. Well, you can have the next order that telephone them.
Speaker 3: Oh that's almost warrior suf. I can't thank you enough. And when I write to mother down Loues that I gonna tell it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you better take that poon foremost blue. All right, Uh, there's lightning now. Hello, Hello, this is a Perilous department store. If you come right over, you can have the order for fifteen hundred pens.
Speaker 3: Fifteen hundred pens. Oh that's a wonderful order. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'll be right over.
Speaker 3: Goodbye. I just got the most wonderful order. I gotta dash out now.
Speaker 1: Doesn't get no half oh king fish fifteen hundred boy, that Lightning the show pilot already those blue don't feel that you gotta rush, but I just take your time. You are well, Pardoner. Deal we doesn't zip one over on the smart one blew in with oh show, and you got to handle the lighting the way you build it up there, fifteen hundred penste I'll get hello, Hello, this is the Philadelphia Supply because I got a wait a minute, waiter, who is this lightning? Ah? The this is Lightning of the Philadelphia Supply, And I got order for five hundred fountain pins. If you come right over, listen, Lightning, you done called once already? What the idea called? The second time? Uh? This is the first time I have called. Well then, who was it that called before and ordered them fifteen hundred fountain pins? Oh? Go by Lightning, Kingfish, something's wrong? Yeah he got killers? Huh yeah, listen, Kingfish. This whole thing was your great idea. What you gotta say? Now? I wonder how the Lord read is on shooting a scenographer. Now gather you as our lawyer. Now that order for fifteen hundred pens for long dogs? Now, what can we do about it? I let me see, let me see you now, let me see what the legal angler is.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, comes from now comes to now, it's reconstriving, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: It's records driving, reckless driving. How are you figure that? Gary? Wait, you fellows awful records to let her answer the phone? Now she's driving you out of business. That's records finding. If I hed, uh tell me? Thus gathered and chaos. We want to sue miss Blue. Is we got something here? Or will the kids see throwd out the courts? But as your lord, yeah, your lord, yeah, I assure get that you really got something. The case won't be thrown a court.
Speaker 2: What won't be doing on a court.
Speaker 1: There's only one trouble. One trouble. What's that? The case won't be thrown out, but you will gather theinjury. Got no advice for us to keeping the running for the exclusive sales agency, for they ain't pu man. There's only one thing to do. One thing to do.
Speaker 2: Merge with a fond partnership. That's where you can both get to see us.
Speaker 1: He can say, merges. The thing isn't he emerges the finger. Wait a minute, murger, Yeah, come on, and let's get ahold of that gear right now and tie her up. Listen, Kingfish, this was your idea margin with miss Blue. Yeah, well, how did I know what it was gonna turn out this way? The merger turned out that we are working for her as a couple of janitors. Yeah, and we've done told ever about it, that we are a couple of big executives. There, I ashamed. What is we're gonna tell our friends? Yeah, well, let's don't stand here. I'll take the dust fan, you take the broom and wait a minute, wait a minute, I'll get it. Hello, Hello, and this is a lemur. I just called up to find out how you and the king Fish is doing. Would you merger Amos believe me? We is clean enough, just clean enough.
Speaker 2: You'll hear Amason Andy again in just a moment.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's a wise lady who treats her good friends considerately. And come wash day, your washer is one of the best friends you have. So don't run it for hours. Get Rinso, Sophie Rich studs on the job. As little as a five minute run per load gets closed. Rinsto White, No wonder Rinso is the only soul officially endorsed by the makers of thirty three leading washers. No wonder. Rinsto users whistles while they.
Speaker 4: Wash what I'm a little washto wnto it all day, Your close is away and the color so brave.
Speaker 1: You sing as your work along window, Happy little wise day.
Speaker 2: Be sure to be with us again next Friday evening at the same time when the makers of Rinsaw will again present Amos and Andy with their guest that great stars screen and Radio, Frank Morgan. This program is broadcast to our armed forces everywhere. This is Harlow Wilcox saying good night to you for all of us, and reminding you that every nine minutes, one of your fellow Americans dies of tuberculosis. Will you help to fight this menacing disease? You can just by buying and using Christmas Seals. The money from Christmas Deals worked all year round to fight the growing threats of tuberculosis.
Speaker 1: This Christmas, be.
Speaker 2: Sure you join the fight, buy and use more Christmas Seals.
Speaker 1: Why is Life Boy America's favorite bath? Though, I'll tell you two big reasons. Life Boil your daily bath gives all over protection from d oh yes, from head to toe it stopped dal and Life Boy gives protection at lasts and last. So play say take sure life, boys and your soap tish. It's the only soulf especially made to stop.
Speaker 2: This was the national broadcast in company
Speaker 4: Boooooo.