Speaker 1: Welcome to the number one radio health talk show in America, The Doctor Bob Martin Show. Doctor Martin is a chiropractic physician, a board certified clinical nutritionist, and diplomat of the American Academy of Anti Aging Medicine.
Speaker 2: The information presented on this show is educational in nature. Please consult your personal healthcare provider regarding health issues. You may have got a health related problem or challenge, not feeling well, and you just don't know where to turner what to do. Doctor Bob Martin is here for you and will do his very best to answer your health question. The tone free number to ask Doctor Martin a health question or to make a health related comment is eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. Eight hundred six oh six eighty eight twenty two. That's eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. It's the Doctor Bob Martin.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 4: This is a place where special, like minded people gather each and every week to discuss important issues related to our most precious possession, and that, of course, is the topic of health. Health is everything. With it, you have everything. Without it, you pretty much have well nothing. I'm so glad you tuned into the program. Today, we're gonna get back to phone calls and questions momentarily here. Plus this hour, we're gonna have this week's installments of the Health Alternative of the Week, Health Outrage of the Week, Got a product recall for you, and the Health Mystery of the Week as well. We're gonna be in this hour talking about a topic that seems to come up a little bit more around the holidays, because many people imbibe things that they normally don't imbibe as much of or at all. That would be alcohol. And during the holiday season, of course, we eat way too much because we're at office parties and we're over our family, and we're gorging ourselves on foods probably more than we should, in foods that we may not otherwise eat on a regular basis, And suddenly our body starts talking back, starts talking back in the form of giving us additional bloat and gas and flatulence. Well, there's a surgeon out there, a medical doctor revealing some terrifying reasons why you should never ever hold your gas inside your body. I know it's you know, not polite to have emissions coming from your body as in the form of gas it can be embarrassing because you can clear a room with a single emission. But this surgeon is saying, man, there is no reason to hold it in. If you're feeling gassy. It's far better out of your body than in your body. Atop surgeon is warned. That's because if you don't let one rip, the volume of gas can stretch the delicate tissue in the rectum, leading to serious digestive diseases. That's what this surgeon is claiming. What's more, according to surgeon doctor Karen Russan, there could also be rather revolting consequences. Doctor Russian explained that failing to let the gas escape from the bottom could cause it to end up in your mouth. Oh my gosh, now that's way too much TMI, TMI, too much information. That is gross. This doctor's literally saying, if you hold the gas in your intestine and don't get rid of it, it could expel out the other end. In other words, the file smelling toxins could end up leaking into your breath. Oh my gosh. All right, I'm gonna say the F word here. A fart is gas. Let's put it that way. It's a chemical, it's a bunch of chemicals, really, and nobody wants to believe that they ever have it, or have it when it comes out, has any odor to it whatsoever. Now, this doctor Rasen says, and I quote, and when you hold in flatulence, there is a percentage of the flatulence vapor which will diffuse through the walls of the colon, through the walls of the intestine, and eventually it will go into your blood stream all the blood circulates, and eventually it goes to your lungs where the waste products are then exhaled out. So that's how it happens when you hold in gas and you don't let it rip. And I know this is sort of an embarrassing topic to a lot of people, but we need to have this conversation because if it has a deleterious effect on your health, you should know about it. Because ignorance is not blist when it comes to health. You should know this. So find you know. If you've got to expel gas from your body, excuse yourself from wherever you're at, go into a place that you're not going to impact other people or embarrass yourself, and let it out. Please, because if you don't let it out there. It may end up when you're having a conversation, it may end up wafting through the air, and it may not be a good thing. You will literally breathe out these fumes. According to this doctor Karen Rasham, who's a gastro intestion surgeon expert, not me saying it now, the primary gases in your gut are nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, methane, and hydrogen. Most people have heard that, oh, yeah, methane, it's only methane. Light a match and it'll blow up. No, no, no. Your primary gaseoussness from the byproduct of digesting food is a combination of things nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide. It's all the hydrogen, methanes all there. All these gases are absorbed into the bloodstream through the walls of the intestine, and once in the bloodstream, these gases circulate to the lungs where they are eventually exhaled when you breathe out. And so you might be thinking, well, my bad breath might be caused by my rotting teeth or just not brushing my teeth or something in my oral cavity, when it may be originating at the other end now this process is known as pulmonary reabsorption and can cause an odor on your breath, so holding on too long can also cause bloating nausea. Plus, the gas can eventually escape through an uncontrolled fart, and it can according to this surgeon, doctor Karen Rajen, it can damage your gut. Professor Claire Collins, another learned person in this area from the University of Newcastle, has found that the rise in pressure in your rectum could increase your chance of developing a painful condition called diverticulitis. So there's another problem. If you try to hold in gas, it can cause or damage parts of your digestive system. The nutrition and dietetics professor doctor Professor Collins in the Conversation which is a magazine, that the condition causes small pouches to develop in the gut lining which can become inflamed, and symptoms include pain that gets worse after you empty your bowels, constipation, bloating and even blood in your stool. That there is pressure building up that's not relieved in your gastro intestinonary the lower track and with flatulence. It's a normal biological function everybody has at one time or another some level of flatulence. Don't let anybody kid you, but an excessive or particularly foul smelling form of these flatulence eruptions can be a sign of something more serious, such as inflammatory bowel disease or even colon cancer, so you keep that in mind, not that when you have a session of intestinal gas, it doesn't mean you have necessarily cancer. Everybody has some occasionally. Smelly wind can also be a side effect of certain medical drugs that you're taking, such as laxatives or statin. Cholesterolwering drugs or antifungal drugs or even anti inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen can cause gas intestinal gas, So if you want to avoid smelly gas, the best way to go about is eating smaller amounts of meals, drinking and chewing food slowly, exercising more regularly. You can also drink peppermint tea that cuts down on gas, or taking digestive enzymes so that the food is not fermenting in the gut. But you can also take something called doctor ohiras probiotics. Most people that have gas benefit by a prebiotic, a probiotic, and a post biotic supplement all rolled into one, and that would be the Doctor Ohiras probiotics. It's very different than other probiotics, doesn't need to be refrigerated. You can carry it in your pocket or your purse. And if you are a person who struggles with or you know somebody who has excessive gas or flatulence, if they were to take like two or three of the Doctor Ohira's probiotics first thing in the morning, first on an empty stomach, last thing at night, your gas will go down precipitously if you're like most people. All right, we're gonna get to the health alternative of the week after this break, So stay with us. You were tuned into the Doctor Bob Martin Show.
Speaker 5: Some I'm gonna stand by all.
Speaker 4: Right, you're listening to the Doctor Bob Martin's show. Yes, some people who suffer severely from flatulence believe it's like hell every day trying to cover it up or trying to get away from it or try to deal with it in some manner. No, it's there's a way to actually recover from this. There's a way to solve it. And it was so fun during the break. We have a lot of staff here at the Doctor Bob Martin showing the background, they're all running for pencils and papers. They must have some uh uh you know, holiday season post gassie uh syndrome going on. But they all asked me to say, doctor Bob, could you please repeat this information about things that you can do to help with flatulence gas intestinal gas, because I certainly don't want to make in its way a well, the way to my breath through my bloodstream and then to my lungs and out.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this week's health alternative of the week, quickly on a run is doctor o'heris probiotics. The very last thing that I mentioned during that segment that we just did on the issue of that surgeon revealing terrifying reason why you should never hold gas in the body. So if you're one of those people with all the other things that I said, add this as a health alternative. It's called doctor Ohira's probiotics. I just mentioned it. If you're having burping, belching, bloating, passing gas abdominal whatever it may be, bloating does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with your gut. It's simply as a result of air getting trapped in your colon and your stomach maybe the problem or your colon may be the problem. But using a quality prebiotic, probiotic and post biotic supplement in the form of doctor Ohiras Probiotics, it's gonna help big time. We know that alcohol makes it worse. Smoking makes it worse. Don't use carbonated beverages if you're having gas, that definitely makes it worse. And consume foods that are good for you, and notice and keep kind of a record when do you have more gas when you eat meat red meat, or when you eat white flour, or you eat pasta, or you eat something else. Do you get gas when you have more vegetables like cauliflower or broccoli. Find out what those are and remove them or modify your style. But if you want to get to the bottom of the problem, upon intended, it is in the gut, It's in the gastro intestinal area, so resupply it with the right bacteria that could be out of balance there. And I think this is Doctor Ohiras Probiotics does a great job at that. You can find doctor Ohiras Probiotics at all natural grocers stores nationwide or other fine health food stores, or you can go to Naturalgrocers dot com or Essential Formulas dot com to learn more about doctor o'hiras probiotics for all things digestive, including flatulence or gas. Now, if you're just tuning into the program, I want to let you know we have a health poll question on my website based on the latest news coming out that doctors are now in states, multiple states here in the US, trying to bring back face masks and you know, trying to think, oh, yeah, there's going to be a a new pandemic, a quademic, so get that face mask back on. So the question becomes, and this is the poll question, do you intend to wear a face mask if another pandemic is declared? Yes or no? Please vote on my website at doctor Bob dot com. Spell out the word doctor doc t R Bob dot com. Our toll free number the Doctor Bob Martin Schoke hotline phone MR to ask a question about your health or to make a health comment is eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two eight hundred six to zero six eighty eight twenty two. To get into the show coming up, it will be the health outrage of the week. But let's get back to phone calls again. Next up is Thelma in Wellington, Colorado.
Speaker 6: It's it's Tyoma in Wellington, Colorado, and I'm calling about a neighbor who says he can not go into a deep sleep. He wake up every morning, berry very tired. He cannot go out shopping, begs you get exhausted. What what could be her problem? I would like to know. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you for calling on her behalf Thelma. That's fantastic. Okay. So if your friend can't get into deep sleep, and usually we find this and people who might be able to fall asleep initially, but then they wake up frequently and can't get back to sleep, that's called phase two insomnia. Phase two insomnia, it's very likely what your friend has. Now, your friend can go to the health food store and purchase a form of magnesium called magnesium glycinate or magnesium biz glycinate. It's magnesium combined with an amino acid called glycine. Those two together help the brain to stay in sleep. I'm not a big fan of melatonin, by the way. It might knock you out, but then you know you're back up again. So the magnesium is a better choice in my opinion for phase two insomnia. I would also encourage your friend not to use any caffeine whatsoever, including one cup in the morning, because that can absolutely cause in people who are sensitive to caffeine or don't break it down properly in their liver, it can still cause nervous system stimulation eighteen hours later. So no caffeine, no tea, no coffee, no chocolate. And there may be also medical drugs that your friend may be taking that can also disrupt the sleep pattern, so they should check with their doctor or pharmacists. And if this person you're talking about has her television or a radio running in the room, turn them off. The brain is trying to perceive that, and we'll keep that person away. No light coming into the room. The room should be perfectly one hundred percent dark, where there's no ability to even see your hand in front of your face. And the temperature in the room should be cool, around maybe sixty eight to seventy degrees. And if this person is usual, you know, watching television just prior to going to bed, or on her computer laptop or on her on her cell phone doing text messages, that should stop. Also because these blue screen colors coming out of these screens on these electronic devices stimulate our brain to believe it's awake, like sunlight hitting our eyes deeply into the brain stimulating it. And that's why people also having a hard time sleeping at night. And if this person would also learn to deep breathe right before going to bed, like box breathing or meditating or practicing some form of biofeedback, these sleep problems will go away. So that somebody doesn't eventually recommend some tranquilizer drug that she take that knocks her out and then she falls on the floor from the drug being so making her so groggy. So it's a disaster with these medical drugs, even whether they're over the counter or prescription. Find things that are natural, if at all possible. All right, thanks again for the call. Next up, we say solo to Joyce in Jackson, Mississippi.
Speaker 7: Jackson, Mississippi. When recommended by doctor to take O sanpicky by diabetes, and if you don't want to take it because you don't really know all the different side effics, do you think it's a wise thing to go against your innu feelings?
Speaker 4: Thank you, This is a great question. You know you should always use your intuition, your doctor's trying to help you. But if if your body, if your body in your mind is saying no, no, no, I don't, I don't want to take that drug, why would you take that drug. There's always a potential for adverse side effects of any drug that's prescribed. The average drug has seventy different side effects associated with it, and ozambic has many, many dangerous side effects. It doesn't address the or reverse the type two diabetes. What you have to do to really solve that with the blood sugar is get the exercise going, eliminate the sweets and the junk food and the white flour and the highly processed foods, and the soda pop and the alcohol and the ice cream and the desserts. You gotta get rid of those because that's what got that you got you there in the first place. You can also start taking to help with blood sugar the Island style of Tahiti Trader Nony Tahiti Trainer Nony Juice Island Style along with a supplement called Soup control D Soup controlled D and berberine Soup controlled D and berberine Terry naturally vitamins makes that or kyolic blood sugar formula number one twelve excellent for blood sugar issues in health food stores. Thank you for your phone call, Joyce.
Speaker 5: Anybody's got fame mistakes, but everybody's got a choice to make.
Speaker 4: Everybody needs to leave the faith. When are you taking you us.
Speaker 1: Money?
Speaker 4: Are you infused? You're tuned into the Doctor Bob Martin Show. Thank you for that. Know that we have a toll free number that you can call into the program and ask a question about your health. That number is eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two. The website, which is really the extension of this radio show, where you can find a ton of health related news being posted up there regularly, as well as if you ever miss a show or want to listen to the show again, maybe refer one of your friends to listen to the show because you found something interesting. The podcast library exists there at doctor Bob dot com spelling out the word doctor docto r Bob dot com. You can also find a podcast library over at Radioamerica dot com as well. Now, before we get to this week's installment of the health Outrage of the Week and then back to your telephone calls and questions at eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two. I wanted to talk about how important it is to consume superfruits in your diet. More and more research is coming out about how important fruit is and the nutrients and the antioxidants that are contained in just generalfruits, but especially in the superfruits that they're now determining that even have more of these nutrients in it. You may have heard of one of them called aronia berries, considered one of the kings of superfruits because they're rich in nutrients in these antioxidants. In fact, ronia berries contain these special forms of phenolic compounds which are naturally there in the plant, in the berry, in the ronia berry to help the plants resist disease and premature death. So what happens when we consume them as humans we consume ronia berries, It provides all kinds of health benies, including anti inflammatory properties to prevent a variety of different diseases associated with excessive inflammation. That would be cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, kidney disease, liver disease, metabolic disorders, all of them reduced by taking in small amounts of superfruits. This one we're talking about is ronia berries. Is also worthy of noting that scientific studies have proven that and subsequently published in peer reviewed scientific journals, that two of ronia berries, many health giving compounds, were found to show potential anti influenza properties antiflu activity. Now you can actually eat maybe a handful or two of these organic ronia berries each day if you can find them, and you can find them in organic sources and get the nutritional value out of them to help protect your precious health. Or if you want to do it more conveniently, you can find a nutritional supplement called Erronia Berry Complex by Tarry Naturally Vitamins. It contains Aronia berry Extract AB forty, which delivers a concentrated and consistent source of this amazing superfruit. Additionally, Ronia Berry Complex includes French grape seed Extract VX one. Grape seed extract is an incredible and effective botanical for strong heart muscle function, arterial protection, healthy blood pressure levels, and cholesterol balance. So look for Aronia Berry Complex the nutritional supplement at Finer health food stores under the brand Terry Naturally Vitamins. You can also go to Terry Naturalivitamins dot Com Terry Naturallyvitamins dot Com to find roneaberry complex. All right, it is time now for this week's installment of the health Outrage of the week. She's they don't believe it come on each time for the health outradge because it's nothing.
Speaker 2: But.
Speaker 4: It is outrageous. Hospitals gave patients medical drugs in the hospital during childbirth, then they reported them to child Protective services for taking illicit drugs that impacted their babies. Some incredible outrageous activity here. Miss Salinis was thirty two weeks pregnant with her fourth child in twenty twenty three when doctors at a Texas hospital discovered that her baby no longer had a heartbeat. As a prepped her for an emergency CEA section, they gave her a drug called mitazolium, a benzodiazepine drug commonly prescribed to keep patients calm. A day after, the grieving mother was cradling her stillborn daughter when a social worker stopped by her room to deliver another devastating blow. Miss Selenis was being reported to child welfare authorities. A drug test had turned up traces of benzodiazepine, the very drug the hospital gave her to keep her relaxed while she had a cesarean section, and this drug got her into trouble and that's why it happened. So it wasn't her fault that they tested her and she had benzodazebin in her system. It was actually administered at the hospital, but she still was under pressure from social services because the drug was in her system. How outrageous is that. Well, that's not the only one. It's not isolated. Victoria Venezuela, pregnant with her first child. The drug detected in her baby system was morphine. Miss Velleuela had arrived at an Indiana hospital at forty one weeks to have her labor induced to ease the pain for her contractions. Doctors gave her the narcotic. A day later, a social worker told the new mother the baby's maconium, which is the first duol or first bobel movement, had tested positive for opiates, the very drug that the hospital gave her in treating her. Now, instead of bonding with her baby, Miss Venezuela shook with fear that her newborn could be taken away. She said, I didn't even know how to function, she recalled. These are just two stories that happen in the hospital setting, in the obstetrics area, which are outrageous. The very drugs that these women are given during the birthing process for something that goes right or wrong can be causing them to be reported to child protection services and they get into trouble for those drugs being in their system or in their child's systems, which is outrageous and that is why it qualified as the health outrage of the week. Now we move right from the health outrage to the product recall, and I'm going to do it without any fanfare here. Stan Lee, drinkwear brand that exploded in popularity on social media, issued a recall of two point six million travel mugs over the potential of burn hazards. That's according to the Consumer Product Commission. They announced this in a release recently. The recall applies specifically to all Stanley switchback and trigger action stainless steel travel mugs sold in the United States. So if you have one, and these tumblers range between like twelve ounces and twenty ounces, if you have one, get your money back because they can be problematic and cause a possible burn hazard if there's hot fluids in it in these mugs. All right, that's the product recall of the week. We'll get back to more of your phone calls on the topic of health when we return. You're tuned into the Doctor Bob Martin Show.
Speaker 6: Us up.
Speaker 5: I'm a bush of number simoncible.
Speaker 4: They have one never single.
Speaker 5: Days able, I don't.
Speaker 2: Up today.
Speaker 4: You're doing it into the Doctor Bob Martin Show, and we are smack dab in the middle of a conversation on the topic of health, taking your phone calls on the topic of health, health questions and health comments on our toll free number. And so you have the opportunity to do the same thing. To participate in the show, you simply call an eight hundred number. I'm gonna give you any time you like in the uh privacy and safety of your home. Just pick up the telephone dial in. You'll hear me answer the phone. I'll ask you to state your first name only, first name only, then your city and state you're calling from, and then your question or your health related comment. That number nationwide eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two. Eight hundred six zero six eight eight two two one eight hundred six zero six eighty eight twenty two the website doctor bob dot com spelling out the word doctor doctr and then Bob dot com. Please vote on this week's health poll question, do you intend to wear a face mask if another pandemic is declared? Yes or no? And we'll have the results on the next show. Let's get right back to your calls and questions. Next up is Carol in Southern Utah.
Speaker 3: Carol Southern Utah. Question, is I have this gagging problem. I have been to the doctor. He said, take pepsida ac does not work. Been going on about six weeks and I just get in these and all it comes out is a lot of mucus. And I don't know what to do because it just wears me out when I gag. Doesn't go on all day, but just periodically, maybe three times a day and that and don't know what else to say. I don't think I've got drug allergies. I don't take many associated drugs for anything, A prim Pro and a baby astery rather than I. I do have high boterature. That is about all I take. And if you would give me an answer to where to turn, I appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Okay, Carol, thank you for your call. Sorry you're having the gagging problems three times a day there, jeez. I think anything the aspirin you're taking, the hormone replacement therapy, taking the blood pressure drug you're taking, anyone or accommodation of those could cause irritation to your gastrointestinal system and possibly add to this issue. I would talk with a pharmacist about that. And if you're not getting any satisfaction from your doctor as far as why you're gagging, and there's no end in sight other than the drug that's not working that your doctor prescribed, get a second opinion, get a third opinion. It could be the medical drugs. You also could have what is called a heidel hernia or a diaphramatic hernia, and if that's the case, there's nothing your medical doctor can do about it. I would consult with the chiropractic physician trained applied kinesiology who can diagnose and treat the heidel hernia. It's a non surgical stretch that's done in the abdomen area to pull the stomach down out of the esophagus. At the top of the stomach. Protrudes up through this little buttonhole called the lower esophageal sphincter. And what happens is when we lie down after eating a large amount of food and gravity cysts moves that up there. It can get stuck up there, or you can have a very bad session of a sneeze or cough or even a vomiting that can also generate this, so I would check that out. There's a germ also in the stomach that can proliferate called H. Pylori can also give you these acid reflux up into the esopagus, which causes mucus, which then your body wants to expel, and that could be what the gagging is about. Your body trying to get expel, the irritation from the esophagus and the acid in the esophagus trying to get out. Meanwhile, there's no reason why you can't go to the health food stores. Try something natural and safe. Try to calm this down until you get to the reason with it. There's a formula called Stomach and intestinal Relief and a formula called heartburn Relief by Terry Naturally vitamins. They're available in health food stores. I would also encourage you just to calm the area down. You can grab a bottle of alo Vera juice and maybe sip on one ounce of that three times a day. That will you kind of suthe the irritated gastro intestinal area usovagus and help maybe with the mucous formation. Keep a diary of when you eat or drink, what you're eating or drinking, and what it does to make the problem worse, and try to avoid that and do get a second opinion there in the Utah maybe with a functional medicine trained doctor. All right, Next up is Lori in Orangetown, Tennessee. Okay, and we're gonna take a break and we'll come back. I want to encourage you if you're just tuning into the program. We've got a health poll question over on my website that you should be aware of and I'd love to get your opinion of because there's recommendations right now from medical facilities to mask up, get those face diapers back on your face, and suffocate. Are you willing to do that because doctors are scaring people claiming that we're facing a quademic of viruses in the winter, so you need to get your face masks even though we know, according to the Cochrane Group, the most authoritative medical think tank on the planet, saying face masks don't work and do not stop viruses floating through the air. They're asking you to do it. Do you intend to wear one? Yes or no? Vote at doctor Bob dot com we' if you're right back, All right, we have our final segment of the day, Doctor Bob martsin back with you. Hope you've enjoyed the show today, and tell other people about it if you have, and if somebody you know you think could benefit by listening to this show, they can certainly hear this program in a couple of days in our podcast library. There's two places to listen to it. You can go to Radioamerica dot com, Radioamerica dot com or my personal website at doctor Bob dot com spelling out the word doctor and then clicking on the podcast library to hear this show again or other shows that you may have missed. All right, it is time now for the health mystery of the week. Scientists discover the brains three aging waves, and it starts before the age of sixty. Whether you're turning sixty, seventy, or eighty. Everyone starts to feel old at very different times, but our brains go through three distinct aging peaks throughout our lives. According to a new study, experts have identified that levels of thirteen proteins linked to brain aging spike occur at ages fifty seven, seventy, and seventy eight, and this could mean these particular ages are crucial for interventions to help keep the brain healthier for longer. The team analyzed the concentrations of around three thousand proteins in the blood plasma of nearly five thousand people between the ages of forty five and eighty two. The analysis revealed that thirteen proteins strongly linked with brain aging were found to form three age related p at age fifty seven, age seventy, and age seventy eight. The authors said that the peaks in these thirteen proteins may reflect changes in the human brain health at these specific ages, and to offset the impact of these dramatic age waves, the team suggested that people approaching the milestones of forty four and sixty start exercising more often and adopt a healthier diet. My goodness, what a great recommendation. It's about time. This is what we need to be telling patients in the office when they come in and they say, Doc, do you have anything for memory? Well, not really, you must be getting older. Well. The team ultimately concluded substantial dysregulation occurring in these two periods of time. So knowing that they're coming, the best thing to do is keep a healthier die and make sure you're exercising on a regular basis. And there's certainly nutrients, lots of antioxidants and herbs that you can take. Neotropics is the new category of brain related herbs and things that you can take to maintain good memory. It's mysterious how the brain works, and that is why it qualified as the Health Mystery of the Week. I want to wish everyone a very happy and very healthy new year. We'll be talking to you next year on this show, So stay safe, stay well. You've been listening to The Doctor Bob Martin's show, you will