Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: At fifty five R the talk station. Happy Tuesday a.
Speaker 3: Vacation because I'll put a chee hout.
Speaker 4: On you too.
Speaker 1: Thanks for that. Brian Tom is happy to be here on a Tuesday. And do we have a ceasefire agreement?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Looks that way, although Iron did apparently fire missile over to Israel after already agreeing to the ceasefire. We'll see how this unfolds together. Happy Tuesday, folks. Coming up in the fifty five KRC Morning Show, Oh my God, a Republican is running for Cincinnati City Council. Yes, today, Linda Matthews joins the program at seven thirty. She is announcing she is going to run for Cincinnati City Council. Maybe inspired by Corey Bowman. I don't know. I don't know, Linda. We're going to find out together what she's all about and what her aspirations are and what her vision of the future of the city of Cincinnati is. Considering a lot of violent crime. I note there's a headline here from the Walster from the Cincinni en Cincinni regencies at least seven shootings over the weekend. Yeah, we talked a little bit about that yesterday, and of course Christopher Smithman on a total tear regarding the violence going on in downtown Cincinnati, and the city council seems to ignore it, doesn't like to say anything about it. I think it's a part of their marketing campaign to sort of project the image that the city is a very safe place to be. There are a lot of people who disagree with that projection. I understand the predicament they're in. People are fleeing the city of Cincinnati, maybe in part because of the violence. Know, but you got to admit what you got to admit. And Christopher's point, my point's been and I agree with him completely. You know, how about embracing the police and projecting a positive image towards the police and supporting the police and encouraging the various neighborhoods within the city of Cincinnati to do likewise. Do you want to be safe in your community, Let's join forces with the police and make our communities a safer place. Let's support them, let's talk with them, let's drop dimes on criminals and criminal behavior we know about. Seems to be the right thing to do. I mean, this whole notion that the police are inherently evil. I think is a It's like I don't know, a cancer running through society and fueled and fed by marketing campaigns, by nefarious organizations out there. More and more people are realizing that every single day. Inside's group that Bright Barton is the return of Joe Pollock. We're going to talk about the latest on the Iran running situation. Get to that in a moment. Sadly, no Daniel David today. What a perfect opportunity would have been to talk to the retired lieutenant colonel, but he is on vacation. He's entitled to do that. Today is a vacation day for Daniel Davis, so I'll be missing that segment at eight thirty. Ask the expert. We got affordable met imaging coming in today. Get your images for fraction of what the hospitals cost. Been there, done that many times myself, and I love hearing from you. You've got a comment if I went three seven, four nine to fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on eighteen and two pounds. Let us see here, turning as I often do and standing on the shoulders of giants from the editorial board of the Wall Street Journal. But let's talk about this, and I don't think anybody can deny a rather remarkable success story for Donald Trump now ignoring the whole constitutional question that's floating around. And I see that the Trump campaign team has launched a pack to primary Congressman Thomas Massey, who along with some of the leftists like Alexandrio Casio Cortes, and I acknowledge es they you know, you really got a question where you are politically when you are in line with the likes of AOC. I understand Congressom Messy's position from the constitutional standpoint, but as I walked through all the problems and layers of it yesterday, it's a very complicated issue given the War Powers Act in nineteen seventy three, and of course the authorization for you some military force from nineteen ninety one, which some are using as an argument that Trump had every right and authority to go ahead and bomb the nuclear facilities. It's over, it's done with, it's been done, and Trump is really arguing, you know, no regime change. Let's just stop this violence. Let's sit down the table and get this over with. The Iranians were not coming to the table. It was just I'm going to give them two weeks, you know, and they except kept saying, no, we're not going to give up on our nuclear program. We're not going to know We're not no no no no no no no no no, no, no no no. It's like, screw it, go ahead and bomb the Ford of nuclear facility as well as many others. And it was a wildly successful military operation, most notably given the Israelis primary attacks that have gone over a period of days obviously dismantled the surface to air capabilities of the Iranians. You know, we had hundreds of one hundred and fifty airplanes flying over Iran for the purpose of launching those bombs, and none of them were shot at. That seems like pretty profound point. Regarding the Iranians military capabilities. You think they would at least tried no. So maybe this capitulation on the part of the Iranians, their willingness to say okay, ceasefire, is just sort of, I guess, a triumph for the Trump administration. We're not going to have our troops involved anymore, I guess, is the point here? As long as they don't bomb the Israelis. Israelis won't bomb them. There's no need for us to be around anymore, is there? Trump? In the twelve day War hop at peace from the Journal, the Iran fired fourteen and they did fourteen ballistic missiles at US troops and Cutter yesterday. This is sort of the retaliation for our bombing campaign that blew up the nuclear facilities, they say, in typical fashion, the Iranians claim to have destroyed the American air base and retaliation for those strikes and the nuclear sites here on planet Earth. The base was already substantially evacuated and the missiles were intercepted, with no casualties reported. All sides, including Iran, said Iran gave advance notice that the attacks were coming, and look the price of oil fell three dollars down futures. They right, This is Persian kabuki theater. It will be laughable if real missiles weren't aimed at Americans. It's also in a small matter to fire on Cutter, the friendly estate to Iran in the region, or at US Central Commands Regional headquarters. But as a show of Iranian power or resolved, the attack failed. Trump mocked it as a very weak response, adding that Iran had gotten it all out of their system. To Iran, I suppose felt the need to do something in response to our bombing their nuclear facilities, even if it was feeble. For all the predictions that a strike on Iran would almost certainly result in thousands of American deaths, that latter part in quotes from Tucker Carlson and set off World War three. Iran strongly signaled it doesn't want to fight. Israel has aggressively targeted Iran's missile launchers, and Irani and Salvo's shrink each day. Iran as weak and if it's regime continues to shoot at the US or Israel, it risks its survival. And I think that's a very important point to emphasize. You know, the Supreme leader realizes that eighty percent of his population ain't hip to his way of doing business, and he risks social unrest and upheaval, and he's running out of missiles and bombs, and it doesn't appear as though the Russians of the Chinese are doing a whole lot to help prop up what he's been doing over the last couple of decades. He and his predecessors. He finds himself back into a corner, from my observations, and maybe that's the reason he's agreed to a ceasefire. I don't know. We're going to find out anyway of that. Around has been put on notice by a lethal combination Israel strikes and President Trump's social account Truth social account. On Monday, Israel blew the gate off notorious Evan prison, where Iranian dissidents are held and tortured. Also, struct revolutionary guard units focus on internal security in the headquarters of the besiege paramilitary whose thugs are on uses to put down protests. These are deliberate attacks on the regime's institutions of repression. Contemplate that it's like blowing up the Nazi brown shirts. Once you take the thugs out of power, or you dismantle their ability to interrogate, intimidate, and otherwise torture the population at large, the population may feel confident enough to rise up. If Iotola Ali Kamini was relying on us taboo against regime change, protecting them from Israel or his own people, well think again. President Trump wrote Truth social media on Sunday, it's not politically correct to use the term regime change. But if the current Iranian regime is unable to make Iran great again, why wouldn't there be a regime change? Miga make Iran great again? Of course, I think that is a true social media post directed to the Iranian people, not so much as a threat to Ali Khmeni. Anyway, journalists Tulca Gabbert may have fainted, and perhaps that was part of the posts appeal for the president, But we don't read mister Trump as proposing another Iraq war. He wants peace and harmony, he wrote Monday, not a ground invasion or occupation. If Iran stands down, he would quote encourage Israel to do the same close quote and sure enough. He later announced that Israel Iran had agreed to a complete and total ceasefire within twenty four hours and an end to what he called the twelve day war. Israel reportedly agreed if Iran ceases its attacks, and Reuters reported that Iran head as well. The fair conclusion is that Iran has surrendered in twelve short days. The war's achievements are enormous for Israel and the United States. Iran appears to have lost its nuclear Richmond weaponization facilities, its leading military commanders and nuclear scientists, and much of its missile production and launch capacity. Israel may have liked more times, like more time to hit more targets, but it also has to worry about protecting its cities. Benjamin Ete, Yahoo Prime Minister, also made it clear that Israel won't return to the status quo which Iran or its proxy militias endanger its existence. Israel signaling it is prepared to strike again if Iran insists on rebuilding its missile to nuclear capabilities. If Iran still thinks that can play by the rules of the late Cuds Force Killer Cussom Solamani, Israel will from now on strike preemptively. That is also a very important thing. Israel was done keeping its powder dry. That was the point of the launching of an attack on the Iranian country. And really speaking, it's almost as if we've been having our popcorn out now for a couple of decades, waiting for it to happen. They previously struck Iran facilities, they launched that sucks that virus into the centrifugius previously, but it never launched a campaign like this before. And I think it is obvious to Iran that Israel's not going to sit idly by anymore. If it sees a problem, it sees a threat. If more terrorist organizations are funded, if they keep launching missiles into Israel, Israel's gonna come hit hard on them. The question means how Iran's regime will fare now. Authoritarians appear to be sturdy until the moment they aren't militarily humiliated. Mister Kammany could fall prey to a popular uprising, or he could fall to an elite group from elements of the regime or military that see the Iotolas policies driving them into the ground. Neither case, it's hard to imagine a success. So that would be worse for US interests and peace and harmony. Peace and harmony in quotes because those are the words that Trump used as for Trump, the ceasefire in twelve day war line is a way of assuring isolationist right that will be the Thomas Massey's out there that this won't be another Iraq or Afghanistan. He'll squander these war games if he lets Iran take a breather, retain any enriched uranium it is secretly stored, and then re arm if the last fortnite creates a rare opportunity for a more peaceful Middle East, which means we sit back and wait to see what the result is. Will Iran honor a ceasefire, will it continue to fund terrorist organizations? Will it try to restart its nuclear enrichment program. And here's a real important question, what's Iron been all about now since the Iyatolas took over, since they turned into this religious fundamentalist theocracy, the elimination of Israel. It's been behind all of their activities. The whole point of the enrichment program is, given nuclear bombs, we could blow up Israel. The whole point of funding the terrorist organizations. It launched missiles at Israel almost on a twenty four to seven basis. If they've been bombed into submission, if they are in the supreme leader is worried about his future as the leader of the country, if his life is in peril, if the administration of the regime is in peril, if they're in danger of shifting in a different direction, what direction might that be? And what does the ceasefire mean. If they're indeed done with this, does that mean they're going to let Israel live in peace. Would they out loud say that? And can you imagine the the global reaction if that were to be the case. Iran no longer is at war with Israel. We're going to let each other just live side by side. Hell, we're going to enter into a trade relationship with him. We're going to enter the Abraham Accords with them. Now, I don't necessarily see that happening. An optimist might, but the door is open for that possibility, as slim as it may be. Donald Trump may be eligible for a Nobel Peace Prize, for whatever that's worth. Hell, Barack Obama got one for doing nothing. Five point twenty fifty five kr C Detok station. Feel free to call me right back after.
Speaker 3: These fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Well, since I wasn't provided a weather forecast this morning, Joe, I won't be able to do a weather How about that. It's a well oiled machine here. It is not just Strekker's obligation to provide me with a weather forecast. We got a guy for that. Apparently he's not on the job today. Oh, I get a load of this amid a battle between Donald Trump administration and Congressman Thomas Massey, Congress. Massey said he was pushing to pass the resolution alongside some Democrats seeking to require Trump to gain congressional approval before attacking Around said he would not seek to advance the measure any further because of the ceasefire. Oh, he's out of the battle quote. I talked to the speaker on the floor just now and told him we wouldn't push it if the ceasefire holds. So it's really in their court. He had he would do a wait and see approach before making a final decision. So I guess there won't be a resolution advancing, although I think it stood a snowballs chance. In Hello, actually passing color online, I am out of time in this segment. I'd be happy to take your call as soon as we get back. It is five twenty five right now, fifty five kr CD talk Station.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC dot Com.
Speaker 1: Joe Trecker pulled up a weather forecast on the fly Today Party Claudie, hot and humid, shocking no one. He did next near one hundred with a high of ninety six real degrees. Overnight low is seventy four tomorrow, hot and humid, chance of an evening storm with a high ninety three. Overnight low is going to be seventy two seventy six degrees right now, forty five kr CD talk station. Thank you Joe. He's always there when you need him. Always there for podcasts too. If you need someone to do some podcasts, you get in touch with Joe Strecker. He is the podcast master. Let's get to the phones, but Nief's on the phone. Thanks for holding over the break there, sir. Sorry I was out of time. I couldn't grab your call in the last segment, but it's good to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Yes, as you recognize my name, I'm from there haa here. But I returned from Nigeria last night and I listened to you in Nigeria to listen or not?
Speaker 1: Did you really yes? Oh that is too cool.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to know that your your view I say, or your listeners are very extensive. I told some people in Igeria that some people listen with me. The big problem was because of listening, because it has to be data.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I am honored my friend. That is that's I think that's the farthest the way anyone's listened to me. I had somebody said they listened to me from Hawaii, which I thought was really cool. But man, Nigeria, that is awesome. Man, I am god. That makes me so happy.
Speaker 9: I just want did you now.
Speaker 8: That's your your listener ship has extended that.
Speaker 1: That's cool. I appreciate it. Man, big jup. You made my day. That absolutely do you blow my mind with that? But if that is so cool?
Speaker 5: Oh wow?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know what's going to top that one this morning. That is just great. Tom, welcome to the program.
Speaker 9: Try to Brian Thomas Global Talk.
Speaker 1: Try to beat that one. Tom.
Speaker 9: Now Joe has to find the weather for Nigeria. Yes, it's Nigeria's UH station sending him the weather to or or just alleged channel light.
Speaker 1: Jo Judges suggested that it's probably colder in Nigeria than it is here.
Speaker 9: I don't know, it probably is. I told him I could probably do the weather for today. Right now it's hot and muggy. Later today it'll be hotter and luggier. How about that?
Speaker 10: You go.
Speaker 1: Quite nicely.
Speaker 9: Oh he I'm I'm happy for your global that's awesome. Yeah, kind of neat. So this this uh yeah, it certainly seems like the Iranians have been tuned in the submission. I certainly hope. So I got a little uh check in the back of my head. Go away, what let's just like you said, let's just see what happens.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 9: But it certainly looks like we made our point and Israel made their point. We're not going to tolerate this crap from you people anymore. When you when when a bully starts doing stuff, you stand up to the bully and you say, no, we're not doing that. That's not gonna happen. You're you're gonna pay the consequences. And that's that's what's missing for a lot of people, a consequences. They don't have consequences for their action. What's stopping him from doing it. So if you're gonna, you know, have bunch of people chanting death to Israel, death to America, and then you're gonna start arming and looking like you have the ability to do it. Now, finally somebody's got the guts to stand up and go Nope, we're not tolerate that crap anymore. And you know, I'm glad it's happening on a lot of different levels. We need it needs to keep happening and needs to happen even more so these idiots out there realize, you know what, I can't get away with this garbage anymore. It's kind of the same idea of making sure a five year old understands that no means no. That's it. You're not doing that. You're not You're not getting away with that anymore. Yeah, children, they need to stop doing this garbage.
Speaker 1: Contrast that with the Biden administration, or even more affortanately, the Obama administration and this appeasement, the lifting of sanctions and the shipping of palettes full of billions of dollars to the Iranians in return for them agreeing to seize the production and the enrichment of uranium. And they just went ahead and continue to richly enriching the uranium. It is like, thanks guys, and then by the way, he screw you. Yeah, and no consequence, all.
Speaker 9: While they're all while they're training death to America. It's common sense. Well, when you go around and all you're wanting to do is make everybody feel good, uh, you're just feeding into their garbage. And uh, you know again that's common sense. People know that. But oh well, we want what. We don't want to upset anybody. If you're upset about me holding you accountable, well that's your fault, not mine. Get over it and don't vote Democrat. I have a great Dame Brian, You too.
Speaker 10: Tom.
Speaker 1: It Treckers an email. It's mid eighties for the high and Nigeria today, so it is hotter here. Oh wow, that tickles me to death. Folks. Uh five one, three, two three talk pound five fifty phones. Uh yeah. Several shootings reported a Greater Cincinnati over the weekend, including at least one resulting in death. There's nothing to see you down to. Cincinnati Police said there were four shootings between Saturday and early Monday. Also shootings reported outside the city in Forest Park, reading in Mount Oorub, recent spiking shootings and including the high profile killing you in over the Rhine business man. We all know about that the stabbing. According to the enquir Reporting Thank you, Cameron Knight and CHERRYL. Varry have been putting a spotlight on violent crime in the region. Earlier this month, three shootings in a single night, leaving two dead and three more wounded. Shooting within the city limits and say they claim are down twenty eight percent compared to last year. However, there's the operative word. Some neighborhoods seeing a spike and crime. For example, overall crime in Over the Rhine up forty six percent. Urban hipster Land Police said a man in his twenty shot around three pm June twenty first. Shooting happened to the eight hundred block of Oak Streak. Victim is expected to survive. Twenty seven year Twenty seven year old man taken to the hospital after shooting in downtown June twenty second in the morning since I Police Lieutenant Jonathan Cunningham reported the man shot in the leg at Third and Walnut. Injuries were not life threatening. Same morning, thirty eight year old man shot in the eight hundred block of Walnut Street in downtown. What is with Walnut Street? Twenty six year old woman injured after being shot in the thigh with a shrapnel on her shoulder after a brawl in downtown early on June twenty third, According to report from enquir Or media partner Fox nineteen get iresally inquired, giving Fox nineteen credit. Police set a large fight broke out in the six hundred block of Walnut Street around three am. Again, What's with Walnut Street. All those shootings under investigation. No information about possible suspects at least has been released. Over to Forest Park, thirty four year old man shot in the chest and a parking lot in a restaurant in Forest Park June twenty second, Park Place restaurant about four pm. That's where a police found the victim. They're searching for a white vehicle in connection with the shooting. That narrows it down. Fortunately, the victim is expected to survive. Incident under investigation. Over in Redding when was shot in the leg June twenty second, Officers found the victim near the corner of Reading Road and Ridge Avenue about four am. She also is expected to survive. They are searching for a suspect. And then finally over Mount Orab, Gary Teeter thirty nine fatally shot June twenty second at a residence in Brookshire Way. Ray Rennicke twenty arrested in connection with that shooting. Cooler head should prevail five thirty six Right now fifty five kr cites talk talk station. If I get these words out, hopefully get out of that dime into the stack. Is stupid or phone calls which you know I prefer especially if you're from out of the country. Stick hero out of me right back.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KARC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Don't let the great But if I could just Jucker sent me a weather forecast. My computer has frozen up. If I recall correctly, what was it high in ninety six and eight, It's gonna be hot in human overnight low is somewhere in the seventies. Same thing tomorrow with a chance to rain. Best I can do right now, apologies, Time for the first traffic report.
Speaker 11: From the You see up tramping center at you see healthy Fine comprehensive care. That's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. Right you see health dot Com highways. They're in great shape to start off your Tuesday morning. No accidents to deal with and no overnight work. Cruise in your way. Northbound seventy five and northbound fourth seventy one, both wide open on the bridges. Chock ingram. I'm fifty five KRC. The talk station. It is five forty fifty five KR. See the talk station.
Speaker 1: Five on three seven fifty five hundred two three talk with Toime five fifty if you have an AT and T phone and my computer froze. I was looking at an article Joe just sent me. In addition to the other shootings I just mentioned to the bottom of the hour, of course, we have another shooting one thirty this morning clovernek Avenue, Adams Road to Mount Healthy. Person's been hospitalized after being found shot. Please believe the police believe the victim was possibly shot somewhere else in Cincinnati, taking a UC medical center for treatment. Unclear if the police have a suspect. That's reporting from Local twelve and that's where my computer froze up trying to deal with that one. Anyway, I find this so hard to believe. Apparently it's real and it is an illustration of absolute bat crap insanity. This is as dumb as anything I think I have ever seen in my entire life. And just said it's a real post. Top of the stack is stupid. Planned Parenthood of Southern New England. It's an ex post or a truth social media. It's a post on their social media page, whichever one, wherever, venue, or the outlet they post it on. I think it's acts. Doesn't matter. Planned Parenthood of Southern New England. This is what they had to say. It's Men's Health Month and that means highlighting the health needs of all men. Trans Men are men and need cervical cancer screenings too. Here are some of the ways to make cervical cancer screening more comfortable. Exclamation point. Now imagine this. A transman is a woman who believes her sol to be a man. Right, this is what the post says. Insert the speculum yourself self collected screening, peren no exam close, per end anxiety medication. That's the post. When I asked Joe out loud and I'm trying to speculate myself. Maybe you can offer a solution for this. Where are you going to insert the speculum?
Speaker 5: Where's the fetus?
Speaker 1: Gonna just tight?
Speaker 5: You're gonna keep it.
Speaker 6: In a box?
Speaker 1: Well, if the spec if if your cervix that you borrowed or like, got from a corpse or otherwise acquired, you're gonna have to keep it in a box. I guess you'd get a fanny pack and hang it on the front of your your waist. There, this is real. Let me observe and state the obvious cervical cancer is only possible in biological females. It can't be present in a man because men don't have cervixes. And that's the end of the discussion, isn't it.
Speaker 10: Don't you oppress me?
Speaker 1: I am, I'm beside myself in disbelief this. You know, you think this is like a Babylon b thing. Democrats wonder why they're losing their legitimacy. Their popularity is because they embrace insanity like this, and that anyone in the medical community, most notably the psychological community, psychiatrists and psychotherapists like that would enable this kind of thinking. Hey, does it someone who believes they're a man who is actually a woman, or believes they're a who is a woman who believes they're a man. I mean, point downward. Look, I'm sorry, this is the reality of it. Trans Men need cervical cancer screening too.
Speaker 4: I had no idea.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Okay? By forty five, if I have k C detalk station, I just keep going back on again. Am I reading that wrong? US insulation? Not reading US insulation wrong. It's hot out there, it's human out there. You want to be more comfortable in your home, You want to pay less for your energy bill and still maintain that level of comfort. To the rescue. I mean, if you've been putting this saff make a phone call. It's a free inspection. You could be under insulated, you could have no insulation in the exterior walls of your home. Solve the problem. Highest our value form on the market. It can work with under insulated homes. It goes in there with the old decrepit insulation, just like my daughter's home has now because it was our twelve and it was since late seventies, and you know that's not insulating anymore. Deteriorates over time and it settles, and the phones in the walls now and they're enjoying great comfort. It is a very comfortable home, even the suppressive heat, and that can be your home as well. Plus the energy savings are guaranteed, and at only ninety nine dollars a month interest free, you may very well save more than that on your energy bill, depending upon how much you spend on your energy build. My friend Eric out there has a tiny energy bill. He showed me what his was the other day. But beyond him, if you have a house you're trying to keep comfortable you can do that with USA's premium foam. So enjoy the comfort and the savings. Ultimately it gets the savings, will pay for it, and then you get to continue enjoy the savings long after it's been paid for. So get a twelve hundred dollars energy tax credit next year when you're doing your taxes, just because you're doing the right thing for yourself. Comfort and savings guaranteed. So call for that free inspection and free quote three eight one three sixty six five one three three eight one foam online you'll find at USA installation.
Speaker 6: Dot net fifty five KRC the talk station. I'm still struggling with that last article.
Speaker 1: Harley Clotty hot and you today with a heat index north one hundred, a high of ninety six actual degrees hotter than Nigeria. Low is seventy four over nine. Tomorrow you hot Numan as well. Chance of evening storms ninety three for the high with an overnight lowes seventy two seventy six degrees. Right now, I fIF you about Keseity Talk station. Let's get a traffic update from the You see how Tramfic center. You see healthyupine comprehensive care. It's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more. And you see how thot com clean slate on the highways early on this Tuesday morning, northbound seventy five under ten minutes between Florence and the Brands Fence, sathbound seventy five, doing fine past Cincinnati, Dayton, then through Westchester and into Sharonville, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk station five fifty to fifty five krcit the talk station. Okay, wait a minute, you know and here's it is proof that a MENSA membership is completely worthless. A trans man. Is that a woman who believes herself to be a man ergo needs a cervical cancer test? Is that the way that works? Joe, not the preferred nomenclature. Please, I can't. I just can't get beyond the fact that someone is supposed to really truly acknowledge and believe that someone who believes they're the opposite sex actually is all right whatever He's going to provide clarity on that five one three seven four nine fifty five two three talk Saint Louis, Missouri, man died in Saint Louis after when he reached into an electric service box out of YMCA and was electrocuted. Corn to St. Saint Louis Police. Death happened about three a m. Monday at the property in the YMCA. Policeed to believe the man entered the an electric service electrical service box on the YMCA property and reached into the cabinet to steal electrical components. Idiots doing idiot things because their idiot Yeah, electrocuted, pronounced dead of the scene. I was really puzzling over this one of the stackers too, but Joe found this one is like, wait a second, there's really nothing interesting in here except the name of the twenty six year old person involved. California man charging a Year's Eve staff in Wyndham, Minnesota found guilty. Cottonwood Jerry found this twenty six year old from San Diego, California guilty on two of six charges against him, including second degree murder without intent and terroristic threat. Happened to Year's Eve twenty twenty four at Fat Pheasant Pub and Wyndham. Thirty year old Benjamin Matter of Wyndham died to others treated for stab wounds. That's it. I was like, wait a second, and then I saw the name of the defendant, which I glossed over and obviously didn't read. The defendant no name given. Happy, what you think, It's like his actual baptism name. Like his parents were like, that's grit. They call him no name given. I saw this yesterday. It was getting to read it in connection with my concern over terrorist activities here in the United States, given the war between Israel and Iran, which apparently is the subject to a ceasefire at this point. Always be on guard and always keep a lookout for your own best interest. Nearly one hundred and fifty This is freaky. One hundred and fifty concert goers, many of them teenage girls, were jabbed with syringes in attacks at a nationwide music festival in France. Happened on Saturday. A dozen suspects have been nabbed in connection with the well with these jabbings. A dozen people involved with this. Local and national law enforcement investigating the wave of these incidents in which suspects wielding syringes and here's the underscored part with unknown contents jabbed one hundred and forty five victims at this festival. On World Music Day celebrations across the country, causing several to be hospitalized. Thorida's received a port of the suspect involved in one of the tax and used security footage you track him down. According to the police, multiple police identified him on Rue Serapnies, arrested him and made him available to the National Police and Justice Department. Firefighters responded promptly to each attack, deploying seven emergency vehicles and creating a staging area for victims that were there. French officials anticipating unprecedented crowds at this festival, which is free and held every year on Summer Solstice. Geez Lawise officials didn't specify if the syringes were filled with anything like For example, they cite date rate drugs like GHB. As of Sunday, at least three people reported feeling sick after getting jabbed by the syringe wielding maniacs. Police arrested twelve suspects involved in these attacks. Well that is beyond disturbing. Fifty five fifty CD talk station Plenty come up with a six o'clock hour get your comments and thoughts regarding the situation with Ron and Israel. Love to hear from you on that one. More to talk about, including some developments from the Supreme Court hanging. I'll be right back after the news. Big things are happening.
Speaker 4: We're coming to you live right now.
Speaker 1: We'll tell you more at the top of the hour and arrest just in this one Operation.
Speaker 5: Fifty five KRCD talk station. Our clients often to.
Speaker 1: Bid five pr CD talk stations. I hope you're having a happy Tuesday, and thank you Eric for confirming my rereading of the trans men Need Cervical Cancer Screening two article from the stack is stupid. Yeah, that is a woman who thinks she's a man ergo still has a cervix, which to me, you know, I'm stuck in the old ways where I believe that means you're a woman, demonstrably, definitively and scientifically. So if it was the other way around, if the article was trans women need cervical cancer screening too, then that would put me into position I was. I was thinking from in my traditionalist perspective in the last segment. So anyhow, I'm sticking with my traditionalist ways. I had no idea what was phoned not really, and I like to think that my position is the vast majority of the people's position. Look down, there is your definition of whether you're a man or a woman. Period five one, three, seven and two three dog pound five fifteen your AT and T phone. As we're all celebrating the ceasefire. Uh sorry, that didn't last long, israel Defense Minister Israel Kat said he ordered the military to respond forcefully his words to Iran's violation of the ceasefire agreement with quote high intensity strikes against the regime targets in the heart of Tehran. Quote it didn't last but a minute. In a statement, he said, in light of Iran's blatant violation of the ceasefire declared by the President of the United States Donald Trump, and the launching of missiles towards Israel, and in accordance with the Israeli government's policy to respond forcefully to any violation, I have instructed the IDF, in coordination with the Prime Minister, to continue the intense operations striking regime targets and terror infrastructure in Tehran. This comes in continuation of the actions carried out yesterday. For its part, the Israeli Defense Force said it would strike with force after accusing Iran of violating the ceasefire agreement and the conflict. IDF Chief of Staff Generals Al Zamir in a statement in a lot of the severe violation of the seasfire carried out by the Iranian regime, we will strike with force. Iranian state media back Dad Bob report of that Tehrani is denying is claims that had violated the ceasefire. Well, did you send a rocket over or not? Charlie Foxtrot immediately comes to mind. Anyway. On gender affirming care, Supreme Court recently decided this and it makes perfect sense now if you consider the Supreme Court's decision over turning Roe v. Wade. This is not something the Constitution is involved with. This is a states rights issue determined among yourself states. You decide whether or not abortion is appropriate or not. But Roe v. Wade was an obviously extra constitutional decision. It was legislating from the bench, and so regardless of what your stance is on abortion, that was just basically legislation coming out of the Supreme Court, which it doesn't have the authority or power to do, so that gets overturned. Eight states have at it. That's exactly what the stay of the Supreme Court just recently said with regard to gender affirming care United States versus Scremati, Supreme Court held that a Tennessee law prohibiting so called gender affirming medical interventions for miners does not violate the Fourteenth Amendment equal protection clause that was the sole question before the Supreme Court. Tennessee among more than twenty states that prohibits such medical intervention for miners. In Tennessee, it's SB one. It allows doctors to prescribe drugs like puberty blockers and cross sex hormones, or to perform certain surgeries only to treat specific medical conditions congenital defects, disease, or physical injury. However, it prohibits their use in case of gender dysphoria, gender identity disorder, and gender incongruence. In other words, the psychological perception problems you can't treat with these interventions. Three miners who wanted to identify as the opposite sex and their parents challenged SB one, claiming e violated of the fourteen Amendment requirement that states provide equal protection of the laws, arguing that SB one was just like other more familiar laws that discriminate based on sex, which the Supreme Court already held must meet a higher legal standard. The Biden administration previously joined the case to oppose the Tennessee law. US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, including Tennessee, said nap and needed to the Supreme Court. Chief Justice Roberts, in a six 's three opinion, refused to find sex based classification in a statute to state the obvious that does not classify based on sex. It applies only to all miners, regardless of sex. Only distinctions it makes are a as it applies to miners and not adults, and the medical use of the particular surgeris and drugs. Neither of these has anything to do with sex. Robert's opinion addressed some important issues that will no doubt be raised in other cases. He emphasized, for example, that our understanding of gender is constantly changing, and that the advisability and efficacy of medical interventions in cases of gender dysphoria or incongruence is being hotly debated. In fact, Roberts pointed out several European countries that previously were on the on board with the gender affirming care, the concept of puberty blockers, and surgery for people who believe they're the opposite sex have reversed course, not raising significant concerns regarding the potential harms associated with using puberty blockers in home ormones to treat transgender miners. Inter view all this as sort of such Mangela like experimentation that's going on. We're talking about young people. Remember when you were young, and the thoughts that went through your mind and the beliefs that you held when you were let's say twelve, things change and amid all the social media pressure and and and this wave of of well, you can be someone that you're not. Kids may fall into that trap, and parents that embrace it and support it. I mean, I you know, thank god I had clear thinking parents. If I came home one day and said I was a girl, that my mom and dad would have sat down with me and had a really long conversation and probably would have pointed down at my my junk. Look, no you're not. How do you deal with that reality? Son putting out Unless the law discriminates on the basis of things like race, religion, or sex, courts are not going to second guess legislative judgments about policy issues. Going back to my point about Roe v. Wade, this isn't in the Constitution. This is for the states to decide. This is something under the tenth Amendment. This decision means that gender related laws like Tennessee's SB one are in the broad category of matters such as regulating the practice of medicine generally, that the people and their elected representatives must handle. He wrote that Tennessee's SB one clearly meets this standards or standard. Rather like other European countries have concluded, the Tennessee legislator argue that perceived discordance between sex and gender can be resolved by an approach far less invasive and permanent than surgery or drugs, and will likely produce better outcomes. In other words, get them on the therapists out, just like they did in the old days. You can't change chromosomal reality. As much as you want, and as much as we can all acknowledge, you do not believe you are the sex that God assigned you. That can't be changed. And I feel terribly sorry for the folks that have gone through that surgery. I mean, is the expectation when you go and you as an adult, now here in Tennessee. If you're an adult, you can go through with it, and oddly there are some medical providers out there that are more than willing to go ahead.
Speaker 12: And do it.
Speaker 1: Do you really believe it's going to provide you with the same experience that somehow that these attached or detached parts are going to perform in the way that they do with someone who's biologically in line with what they were born with. And if you've read any story worries about the aftermath and what people have to deal with after having gone through these surgeries, it should scare the living hell out of anybody who's actually considering going through it. I mean, I want to feel like it sounds like I'm lacking complete compassion. I'm sorry you're struggling with gender dysphoria, but you know, it's like, dude, you can't change chromosomes. I guess I shouldn't use the word dude in there, given the subject matter.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Anyhow. Apologies the Chimney Care Fireplace and stove do you have to follow that, but it is a wonderful operation. Chimneycare Fireplace and still have been around since nineteen eighty eight locally in an operaated A plus is a better business bureau for anything related to chimney's fireplaces. They how they can start and build you a brand new fireplace and chimney. They do it all and maintenance is extreme sly important, most notably for the wood burners. But you know, you got to think about it. If you've got a gas fireplace too, while you're not getting the kreas build up, you could have water damage. And that's why the Chimneycare Fireplace is though, is happy to come down to your place, regardless of what type of fireplace you've got and check your chimney out for free water damage. If you're not properly maintaining that the flashing and whatever is involved up there, you could get water leaking into your roofline and that could be a major headache and problem for you down the road. So book your appointment today. Haven't inspected for free. The experts there, the Chimneycare Fireplaces Stove can fix anything related to chimneys and fireplaces. Alternatively, going back to the wood burners, the special wood Burning Sweep and Evaluation, they'll sweep the whole thing out certified chimney sweep following a video camera inspection to make sure everything's square in there, because you could have a cracked lining. If you had a chimney fire before, you might not even know that that had happened, so it could be a real problem for you. The second one, apparently I heard from Gary Solivan. It's number two in a fire. Chimney fire is the one that could burn your house down, So let's not let that happen. Chimney Care Fireplaces Store for just one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine does the whole video camera inspection plus the certified chimney sweep. You'll be ready to hit the ground running when the temperatures drop. Listen, it's ninety six out there. It's the best time of the year to go ahead and take care of the safety issues. Two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. Book the appointment online and learn more about the company and what they do and what they offer on the showroom. It's Chimneycare Co dot Com fifty five KRC our time for the weather, Hartley cloudy, hot, humid heat index near one hundred north one hundred. It's going to be a high of ninety six today, dropping to seventy four overnight tomorrow. Another hot and human day, chance of evening storms tomorrow. Tomorrow's high ninety three with an overnight lowess seventy two seventy six degrees. Right now fifty five ker CD talk station. Let's a traffick up date, Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 5: From the uc UP Traffic Center. You see Health.
Speaker 11: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more, and you see health dot com. Highway traffic pretty good shape. I'm not seeing any major time delays. A little one bit of a slowdown onsopbound two seventy five approaching the Krel Cropper Bridge thanks to construction.
Speaker 5: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six twenty one fifty five KRCD talk station, Happy Tuesday, five one three seven, eight hundred eight two to three talk book up to the news I run and Israel had come to a ceasefire agreement, only to find out they just recently Iran apparently violated firing missiles into Israel and Israel is going to respond accordingly. It's like, okay, had my hopes up there for a short period of time. Uh No, I haven't seen any reporting from the reaction from the Trump administration yet, which was rather giddy with excitement yesterday. Anyhow, we'll see. There was a T shirt I almost bought. Great ideas don't require force. Actually I bought it would just say something me the wrong side, So I gave it to my daughter. But I think a force in the sense of the tax code, dangling carrots of incentive to do something that you otherwise would not do, and a whole lot of that with a green new Deal, the so called Inflation Reduction Act, which was nothing more than tax incentives to fund green programs and get us to do things that are stupid and don't provide reliable, efficient electricity for US. Reuters reported earlier in the week, a draft tax bill released by the Senate Finance Committee Chair Mike Crappo from Idaho proposed an accelerated phase out of clean energy subsidies under the well Inflation Reduction Act. Legislations would significantly dial back solar and win tax credits to sixty percent of their original value beginning in twenty twenty six, with a complete elimination of those tax credits by twenty twenty eight. Currently law has the credits scheduled to begin phasing out in twenty thirty two, so it's going to shorten the incentive. Whendowing. I remember talking to Congress Am Massey about this. He was one of the things the Senate could do to make me buy into the big beautiful bill that was passed out of the House, is the shortened these incentives like zero and them immediately, which would be my preference as well. But these energy tax credits are really the only thing that keeps this green industry going period, and it's being reflected in the financial situation right now that they're all experiencing. Some guy named Carter Ultima Zoeglu, managing director at FTI Consulting, it's not final, but it looks very negative. Referring to the phasing out of these tax credits, he said he's talking to the Financial Times, this guy. You're dealing with a lot of major uncertainty, which makes anyone considering residential solar, from homeowners to financiers basically to wait and see what happens next. For are under liquidity pressure and we're seeing real distress in the industry. You said things are coming to a head. Financial time cited bankruptcy data is showing a sharp uptick in clean energy companies. It's funny because Solender, if you remember Solender and A one twenty three, both are mentioned in this article. Yeah, epic failures under the Obama administration anyway, company failures beginning of twenty twenty two and accelerating significantly last year. These firms heavily reliant on federal tax credits are now collapsing as these subsidies dry up and are scheduled to be phased out. You know, if you have a business model, you have to have reliance. And if you look into the future and you see that your business model is predicated on the federal government giving you tax credits, and those tax credits are going to go away, maybe not as quickly as something somebody like me wants, but very soon. You can't build a business on that. And as report of these mass liquidations in layoffs are set to plague the End Street this year, the trend will accelerate when the tax credits are eliminated. According to Era A. Gopian, CEO of Solar Insure, one of the companies that is predicated on these tax credit There's going to be a fifty to sixty percent downturn in demand. This will wreak havoc on a lot of these lesser solar companies. Many of them will shut their doors as they can't stay in business without the tax credit. Apparently, solar stocks of crash. A company called Sun run down thirty six percent, Solar edge down thirty and Phase down twenty one. First Solar down nineteen And that's an article that's a couple of days old. I don't know follow these companies, but the house of cards that the whole industry is built on is built on you and these tax credits. Period, there's no legitimate real demand in the world until you creates something out of whole cloth predicated on an illusion that somehow you and I are changing the climate. Regular listeners know, I don't buy into that. Eliminating carbon, carbon diox said, plant food. We're all bending over backwards to that. We're all the lights are shutting down. We have an unreliable energy source amid and whole AI industry that needs gigging millions and gigawatts of power, a new power grid, more electricity while they tell us we need to drive electric cars when a grid can't even handle what we're doing now, I mean this is an illusion, an illusion built on yes, things like the well Inflation Reduction Act. Gonna chuckle every time I read the name of that piece of legislation. Six twenty seven and fifty five KC detalk station local stories coming up. I love to hear from you. If you've got something on your mind, feel free to qualified when three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk and get in touch with color Electric Color Electric for all your residential energy needs. Speaking of electricity, great folks at Culing, I mean they really are outstanding your customer service. The price is always right and they can handle any size electric project you need. Like for you folks out there that still have nobin tube wiring, time to advance into at least the twentieth century, if not the twenty first century. A littmitum wiring is the same thing. Get your house rewired for your safety.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 1: But they do small projects too, even like LED lighting and surround sound for your media room. But outlet installations we had them do to heapload of can lights in our home. Absolutely love those. All the wiring work you need. Everything that they do for you comes with a ten year wiring warranty. So you can confidently rely on my friends at Color Electric who enjoy an A plus with a better business Bureau, to tell Andrew Cullen on the team that Brian said him and you give them a call schedule the appointment of five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two More info online and you can schedule apployment from the website as well. Cullen Cue and Cullen Electriccincinnati dot com.
Speaker 4: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 5: Waking up.
Speaker 1: Here is your jokes. Chreker Weather forecast Hartley, cloudy, hot and HumanID the heat index north of one hundred degrees. Today's high a genuine ninety six degrees overnight down to seventy four. I guess clear skies, hot and human again tomorrow with a chance of afternoon or evening storms. Ninety three for the high with it overnight low as seventy two right now seventy six degrees. Let's get a traffic update from Chuck.
Speaker 5: Ingram from the UCUT Traffic Center. You see healthy.
Speaker 11: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at UCHealth dot com. Highways not bad at all to deal with this morning. No accidents, No no double as into downtown northbound seventy five doing fine at kyles so is inbound seventy four at Montana Chuck King ramon fifty five KO scene Deep talk station.
Speaker 1: It's six thirty one and fifty five KRSD talk station five three two three talk found Fact fifty on eighteen T phones. Uh let us see here and uh, I guess shooting number two this morning, Joe. We were trying to keep track of and apparently they keep coming in faster than we can report on it. So, in addition to the one that you sent me, the article about that happened about one thirty this morning, I can't remember what part of town that was, Avondale at nine o'clock. There was another one last night. I don't have any further details on that. That after the enquire headlines that I mentioned this morning in the five point thirty edition of the local news, since any regencies at least seven shootings over the weekend. Fast forward to today. We can add a couple of more, but there's nothing to see here.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: Speaking of safety issues, the wv CPOs Brett Burganski, you get props for reporting on this one. Questions about safety and security at the banks emerged after witnesses reported a shooting in the area Sunday morning. Occurred during the twenty one in older restrictions at the bank's main plaza. Apparently, no security guards were seen in the area. This is that twenty one and older zone that they created patrons inside Killer Queen. That's a new one on me. You familiar with Killer Queen? Barjoe No. Anyway, the scared a movement of panic when gunshots were heard of our closes windows. Several people took cover on the ground. Others ran outside over at tin roof. Bouncers kept people inside and secured the doors. After hearing the gunshots, the VCPO contacted since At police to figure out if someone was shot. Lieutenant John and Cunningham confirm a man was indeed shot at one am Sunday near Third and Walnut. However, this timeline in the area contradict witnesses accounts. To report the incident occur between one thirty am on Sunday. Anyway, uh CPO reached out to the bank's management to find out what happened to the security guards that night. In the statement, spokesperson said, due to a disturbance on the west side of Freedom Way, a large crowd came into the pedestrian only plaza near that is a plaza area that is twenty one plus from ten p at a two am and broke through the barriers managed by private security teams. It was decided to not reset the barriers for the balance of the evening to incure insure crowd safety.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: Now, the bank's business has paid a quarter of a million dollars to pay with private funds to pay for the security there. I guess maybe that money wasn't spent well. Draw your own conclusions. Forty nine year old dad and his thirty year old son are both going to prison after federal officials say they ran a drug ring out of a luxury Pendleton apartment, describing it as a major source of illegal narcotics in Cincinnati. Stephen Wheeler send us to fifteen years in prison and Romeo Wheeler, his son, sentence the twelve years six months in prison. According to court documents, Dea had been investigating the Wheelers and other alleged co conspirators since twenty twenty two. Dead agents identified Stephen as the head of the drug ring while his son was the primary distributor. They used two homes and since I had to operate the drug ring corn to federal officials. A forty two hundred dollars per month apartment in Pendleton, Pendleton at the Industry Apartments on Sycamore Street that was the primary residence of the Wheelers, used to store narcotics, drug sales proceeds and to conduct drug transactions. Second home on Burnett Avenue of Mount Auburn, near the Corville Wine was referred to in court documents as the Wheeler stash house. That apartment also referred to his high End in the documents, also used the store drugs and sale proceeds, as well as conduct transactions. Wheelers were seen stopping at the Burnett apartment in the Penalton apartment with book bags. Two are also known to change their appearance and clothing during these short stops. In regularly conduct counter surveillance measures like driving evasively, systematically, driving in different routes with frequent stops to watch traffic and identify law enforcement. Well it did work out too well for him, now did it? Six point thirty six fifty five caresee the talk station. You want your kitchener model? Do you want it done right by a guy that you will enjoy working with? That's John Ryan of Prestige Interiors. Actually they're one of the same. I would like to point out Prestige Interiors. It's John's Operations and he's your partner in your kitchen remodeling project from initial design to final installation, just like he did with us, sat down in the kitchen, started talking about what it was going to look like down the road. We love of what he was able to accomplish with our kitchen remodeling, and you will too. He's gotten tons of word of mouth referrals over the years, and of course I'm referring him to you because we enjoyed the experience. A real pleasant man, brilliant ideas. He's seen it all. He's got more than thirty five years experience doing almost exclusively kitchen remodeling. So whether you're simply replacing worn out cabinets and countertops or redesigning the entire kitchen space for better style and function. Call John you want to check out the website, do so Prestige one two three dot com A plus with the Better Business Bureau Prestige one two three dot com. Here's his phone number five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Have you taken your family to dinner recently? Here's the weather forecast hot, summing it up in a word, partly cloudie hot Newman heat index north of one hundred degrees on a high of genuine ninety six degrees, overnight low droving to seventy four tomorrow to the hot and human day chance of evening storms ninety three to the high with an overnight low of seventy two seventy six degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update from Chuck.
Speaker 5: Ingram from the UCUP Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: You see healthy, you'll fund comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's foundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Highway traffic continues to look great for your Tuesday morning commute. I'm talking no accidents to deal with in just one delay that's set found two seventy five. It's getting heavier between the Lawrence Spurg Ramp and the work on the Carrol Cropper shot ingram on fifty five KRC Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Six forty fifty five k see de talk station. Hey, very happy Tuesday to you. Sadly know Daniel Davis Deep Dive Daniels on vacation. Today we will get the inside scoop of Bright Bart's Joel Pollock latest on Iran, which situation is developing? Like I said, woke up to good news this morning. They negotiated a cease fire, only to find out that Iron had already violated it just earlier this morning, and Israel promised to respond forcefully regardless. Lynda Matthews, who is a Republican and who was running for Cincinnati City Council taking a page out of Corey Bowman's book, Lenna Matthews joins the program at seven thirty, so we'll get to find out what Linda is all about, what her thoughts and comments are about the direction of the City of Cincinnati and how she wants to make it better, so they already have it U five three seven fifty five D eight hundred eighty two three talk. Since I was on this tear on the solar credits going away and the industry collapsing in the absence of solar credits, we go to New York, where they're waking up to reality. This is something I've been advocating for for a long time. They're going to build their first new US nuclear power plant, the first one and more than fifteen years here in the United States. Governor Kathy Hockel directing the New York Power Authority, which is the state's public electric utility, to add at least one gigle out of new nuclear power. Quote. I'm going to lean into making sure that every company that wants to come to New York and everyone who wants to live here will never have to worry about reliability and affordability when it comes to their utility costs. That's a mouthful for someone who leans in the left and is one of these global warming climate believers. We need something reliable, we need something that has abundant power. We need something that can serve the needs of well, maybe a growing population someday in New York that since most of the people who have been able to leave have fled the state. But see they're trying to lure business to come to New York. How do you do that reliable energy? This is something we're pushing for in the state of Ohio as well. I know vivek Ramaswami has been embraced this whole concept of nuclear power. We could become the nuclear power generating state. Anyway, they're saying this new power plan will be a upsot New York and this described as one of the first real world tests of executive orders signed by Donald Trump in May to accelerate the development of nuclear energy projects. Orders call for overhauling the Nuclear Regulatory Commission, streamlining project licensing, boosting domestic fuel supplies, and making federal land available for military or data center reactors. Governor Huckel interesting statement from her. Why does it take a decade? That's why no one's doing it. The barriers are too high. Flipping over to my comments about solar power credits. The only reason people build solar and invest in solar energies because there are tax credits and there are no barriers or impediments to putting the damn things. In as for nuclear, something that generates massive quantities of power in a very small footprint and doesn't produce any carbon, why is there so many impeditive or why are there so many impediments to building a nuke plant? Only five new commercial reactors have been brought online in the United States since nineteen ninety one, and nuke only provides about nineteen percent of the United States's total energy. Proponents like me point out nuclear the only scalable, emissions free power source capable of running twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. And the great thing about this, the incentive in the inertia comes from powerful players in the out there in the world like Microsoft. See they want their own nuclear plants to generate or to generate electricity for the artificial intelligence facilities. And everybody's clamoring to have these AI facilities built in their state. So if you're a state that doesn't want to embrace nukes, you're not going to get the investment of all these billions of dollars. Apparently it's the way of the future, folks like it or not AI, and it soaks up heap loads of electricity and they're going to require nukes to make it run because the wind doesn't always blow and the sun doesn't always shine. So I view this as a step in the right direction. Big players like that have a lot of sway over our elected officials. And when you have a president like Donald Trump who isn't a climate change believer and who wants to scale back the regulatory regime, generally speaking, you have a great environment to well invest six forty five ify five K see the talk station. Get to Heaven's Cemetery, Gay to Heaven's Catholic Cemetery. You know you want to consider a resting place. You might want to consider it, but how about just the place to you know, think about life, honor the dignity of every person from beginning to end, a place to meditate, a place for prayer, a place to enjoy the peaceful landscaped surroundings. It's just it is absolutely a beautiful, beautiful place, beautifully maintain grounds so you can reflect and you can remember and have yourself a nice comforting experience for all visitors. And everyone's welcome to visit Gate of Heaven Cemetery. So reflect, pray, and enjoy the beauty of God's creation right there. To learn more. Here's the website. It's gateof Heaven dot org.
Speaker 4: That's Gate of Heaven dot org fifty five KRC. We love a Country's Brita.
Speaker 1: Time for the Judge Checker weather forecast hastily thrown together because I didn't get my weather this morning. From Channel nine Parley Clotty. Hot humid, heat index north of one hundred degrees genuine high of ninety six. That's heat. Overnight low is seventy four. It's gonna go up to ninety three tomorrow to be hot humid with a chance of the evening storms. Low of seventy two overnight seventy six degrees Right now. Time for traffic updates from Chucking Rover from the uc.
Speaker 5: UP Trampling Center. A. You see healthield time comprehensive there. That's so personal.
Speaker 11: I would make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcome poor Had you seen help dot com highway tramp It continues to look great for your Tuesday moting commute. I'm talking no accidents to deal with and just one doubley that's sethbound two seventy five. It's getting heavier between the lawrence spurred ramp and the work on the Carol Cropper Shock Kingramont fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: UH six fifty fifty five KRC, the talk station five one three hundred two three talk pound five fifty on AT and t FL. Maybe there's something on your mind you want to talk about, feel free to call thinking of my pink Floyd the Wall. Is there anybody out there anyhow? The battle is on, I suppose maybe not anymore. Carrson Thomas Massey, and we all know that he is against the war. Apparently he is uh dropped his efforts for this vote in Congress because well, this negotiated cease fire that apparently isn't anymore. I don't know. It's an unfolding situation. And of course the whole thing's predicated on both Israel and Iran not shooting missiles each other and seas far between. The two got off to a shaky star with Israel Israel vowing a response with force after it said Iran fired missiles at the country despite the agreement halting fighting. So those pesky Iranians anyway, Prior to his statement yesterday, Congressman Massy's statement that you know he wouldn't push forward with the efforts to bring a vote in Congress. Trump campaign has launched a pack to primary Congressman Massy. Trump's campaign co manager Chris Lacivida and top polster Tony Fabrizio announced the Kentucky pack, described as devoted to defeating Massy in the May twenty twenty sixth primary. Levita, talking with Axios over the weekend, said, here's the f O, which is an FCC non compliance statement, a reference to f around find out apparently previous post. Trump said Massy is not Maga Congress and Massey of Kentucky is not Maga, even though he does like to say he is. Actually Magga. Doesn't want him, doesn't know him, doesn't respect him. He's a negative force who almost votes know no matter how good something may be. He's a simple minded grand standard who thinks it's good politics for Iran to have the highest level nuclear weapon while at the same time yelling death to America at every chance they get. Well, you know he so, I pointed out, Massi has his legitimate constitutional points, and some disagree with him. This is just something that he believes in. I can support Congress from Messi all day long give it his commitment to the Constitution. But you have to also recognize, as we put it up before, that the War Powers Act in nineteen seventy three does allow the President to play fast and loose with Congress's obligation to declare war. But if the conflict is actually over, the three bombs dropped on the Ford of nuclear facility actually destroyed or their nuclear capabilities, that coupled with all the activity from the Israeli military, then we don't have anything to worry about anymore. Absolutely not a single American died in accomplishing that goal. Now, I'd like to think Iran would keep its missiles to itself at this point and deal with its own internal struggles rather than keeping the pressure up on Israel. Israel's going to respond to any kind of force at all. They've got the green light, They've set it out loud. They're going to go after and they're not going to wait around and negotiate or do anything. If you're shooting at Israel or you're going after Israel, you're going to feel the wrath Iran. Anyway, back to Congressman mass who this less civity guy. I got onto social media spot with Massy writing TikTok Tommy when the congressman said he would vote for the Trump, wouldn't vote for the Trump, Big Beautiful Bill Massey said, someone thinks they can control my voting card by threatening my re election. Guess what doesn't work on me. Three times I've had a challenger who tried to be more maga than me. None busted twenty five percent because my constituents preferred transparency and principles over blind allegiance. And that's what I love about my friends in Kentucky who continue to vote for Congressman Massey. You know you will be free. You can be free to disagree with him, maybe in so far as this attack is concerned, but overall, you obviously have a profound respect for the Constitution and a profound respect for a man who sticks to his principles. And that's what Congressman Massy always has done. And I've had many people over the years say, Brian, you know I agree with about ninety percent of what you say. I'm not looking for one hundred percent agreement. I'll say things that people disagree with, and I understand that, but we can have a debate about it. Do you expect any elected official to be one hundred percent lockstep in lineup with what you want. They never are. And in this particular case, I knew a lot of my listeners disagree with Massey's position relative to this bombing exercise. But it's not like it came out out of the blue. It's not like he can't articulate and support his argument in favor of his position, and you're free to counter it. I mean, you can say, hey, you know the Supreme Leader of the Military War Powers Act in nineteen seventy three, nineteen ninety one authorization for use of military force to which Congress and Massey would argue that none of those are constitutional. And I understand his point on that it's a delegation of congressional authority to give the power to someone else in this particular case, the executive branch. That's his argument, and the Supreme Courts never articulated positions, never had a case in front of it which says anything about the authorization to use a military force or the War Powers Act. So we're left in a bit of a gray area constitutionally speaking. But when it comes to Massey, he's going to read the Constitution itself and go with it. So he often finds himself in a difficult position being that profoundly weed to the supreme law of the land. But it is the supreme law of the land, and at least he serves as a springboard to have these conversations. Now you can scream at him, doctor Know or mister Know or whatever. Ah, he's a jerk, blah blah blah blah blah. He doesn't appreciate practical reality. But you're not responding to his criticisms. You're just basically name calling when you're in that mode. Six fifty six, fifty five KR see the talk station Lenda Matthews coming up at seven thirty. We've got some time between now and then. Don't know which direction I'm gonna go between now and then, but you can feel free to steer the topic of conversation by giving me a call regardless. I'll be back after the news from a full rundown and the biggest headlines there's minutes away at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: I'm giving you a fact now, Americans should though fifty five kr.
Speaker 1: Is he the talk station sevenh six Here at fifty five kr, se the talk station by Thomasition and everyone em very happy Tuesday. Fast forward one hour. We'll get you inside stupid bright part news Joel Paul acklead Us on Iran and Israel cease fire agreement and maybe not. Let's go to the phones. I got Andy on the line. He's been kind enough to hold over the brig there. Andy, Welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling.
Speaker 12: Hey, Brian, Andy from Mason. We haven't listening to you for twenty four years.
Speaker 1: You your dad.
Speaker 12: Combined, and then your dad and you, well you your dad, then you and your dad combined and now you.
Speaker 1: But great show.
Speaker 12: Thank you listen every morning. I'm a big fan of Thomas Mathey, Congress and Massey, and I think he's a real smart guy. But he's just dead wrong on this. I mean, I've got the Article two, Section two right in front of me. The President shall be Commander in chief of the Army Navy of the United States. There's no mention of Congress. There's no mention the war powers that came in in the seventies. He's just wrong, and I'm kind of surprised. He's a real smart guy.
Speaker 1: Well, the Consolation specifically delegates the power to declare war to Congress and Congress alone. Yes, he's the commander chief of the military. That it doesn't allowed, and that does not allow him to enter war absent the congressional approval and authorization. So you can't go to go ahead, go ahead, no, go ahead, you.
Speaker 12: Can't go for you can't go for congressional approval on a surprise attack, right, I mean, then they move all the stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just ridiculous. Well, there, ana lies the challenge, and I appreciate the dysfunction in Congress renders the declaration of war almost a virtual impossibility, if not an absolute impossibility. That's the reason we end up with things like the War Powers Act in nineteen seventy three, but which well, and many would argue that because other Supreme Court cases have said you cannot delegate congressionally or the constitutionally constitutional authority to other branches of government, that issue has never been resolved. And that's my point on this. You know, you have authorizations for use of military force which are not in the constitution either. That's waging war, that is using military force to engage in conflict, and lord knows, we've been in multiple conflicts over the years since World War two. That's the last declaration of war we had. How is it that we fought wars in Vietnam and Korea and Afghanistan and Iraq without congressional approval so so far, I mean, it's just basically disappeared. No other prior presidents from Reagan all the way through the Donald Trump have been sort of quote unquote held accountable or told that you know, they're going to be impeached and lack of authority until now the rumblings for impeachment from the likes of Alexandrier Casio Cortes, but no one ever has else has been called to the carpet for that. So this is the world we live in. The constitutional provision itself has been eroded, I think, to deal with modern times and needs, which is the ability for us to send in military forces even though we are engaging in war without a declaration of war. I mean, I understand both sides of the argument, trust me, I do. But I understand masses as well, and I don't think he's dead wrong. If you want to be a fundamentalist when it comes to the constitution.
Speaker 12: All right, I don't want to take up too much of your time, But I appreciate it if you can bring it up with him tomorrow if he's.
Speaker 1: Going to be on. And i'd love to get the listener lunch.
Speaker 12: I've been meaning to go and keep something keeps coming up, But when's your next one coming up?
Speaker 1: It's the ninth of July and it's oh something, Monsters Brewery.
Speaker 5: It keep it.
Speaker 1: It's a funny name, but I'm sure you'll repeat it. Yeah, I'll pull I'll pull it up because I got the email from from Debbie who lines these up. Uh it's uh Monsters, I'll find it. But it's it's the night. I just want to make sure people. And I'm glad you brought that up because I haven't been mentioning listener lunch. We usually do it the first Wednesday, but since we've got Independence Day that week and we're just kicking it off to the following Wednesday, So the ninth of July, and it's.
Speaker 12: Heyday, Brian. Just one last thing, really sorry about your dad and look forward.
Speaker 9: To meeting you.
Speaker 1: Well, I've looked forward to meeting you, and I appreciate you're looking forward to going to Listener Lunch. At some point I hope to run into and like I tell everybody, even though I probably was through college during the years you were listening to him, Everybody who listened to my dad, thank God for you. You put me through college. I appreciate it, Andy, I really do. Man, And thanks for the kind words and for listening to the program. And I understand your perspective with regard to Congress. From Massey, I'm just trying to be you know, Switzerland when it comes to defending his point and defending the point that others make. You know, again, we live in crazy times and it requires immediate response. And if we're under immediate attack, of course his commander in chief he has an obligation. But Massey's point is we were not under attack. See, you get that flexibilit when your commander in chief to protect us, our interest, the American turf. You know, Israel isn't, and we don't have a defense agreement with them. There's no treaty that obligates us to defend Israel like we have with other countries like NATO countries, and we don't have one of those defense obligations with Taiwan either. Separate theater of battle someday probably, but when you're starting to launch missiles into territories that we don't have a declared conflict with. That's when you get into this sort of constitutional framework, and that's how you can start talking about things of whether or not Congress has to act. But I recognize how dysfunctional Congress is. I mean, this is sort of a practical reality. You can play fast and loose when and some may make the argument that the Constitution is broken insofar as if you want to follow Congress from Massi's position, the very strict construction of the Constitution, that declaration of war from Congress is not geared toward modern times and modern two party divisions. So I don't know how to fix it. Maybe that's why the War Powers Resolution in nineteen seventy three and authorization for use of military force have never come in front of the Supreme Court. No one wants to deal with it. I think our members of Congress don't want to deal with it either. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eight to two three talk oh pound five fifty on AT and T phones, remember fifty five cars dot com. When you can't listen to live like to for example, Christopher Smithman and the Smith event and I got the coolest call this morning I have that was so tickled by it. I have a friend that was just visiting Nigeria and he listens he is Nigeria, and he called in this morning and he said, we were listening to you in Nigeria and he's turned from his of his fellow Nigerian friends onto the fifty five Casee Morning Show. So hello, and thanks for listening to my friends in Nigeria. That just tickled me to death. Absolutely did number one in Nigeria. It just says, yeah, talk to who in corporate? Who's my boss? I didn't even get a weather report this morning. Joe and Are asked the expert isn't going to be on today? That fell through in spite of the fact that it was arranged ahead of time. I'm sorry to my listeners. Joe and I are bringing in sort of office politics into the morning show. What does the okay? So we know there was a ceasefire arrange, right President Trump announced it, Israel backed it up. Iran also said yeah, ceasefire, but then apparently Iran shot another missile or two at Israel and Israel's boundaries about to respond with force. Out loud question. None of the parties to the ceasefire before this missile attack, and maybe it's over. I don't know said anything about the terms of the deal. And this is the point I've made early this morning, because here's what I want to know. Ron and the Iranian leadership, I think are really facing what they proceed to be an existential threat to their existence. It's widely reported the vast majority of Iranians don't like the Iranian regime. It's only embraced by like twenty percent of the population, but they rule with an iron fist. They lock up anybody who disparages the regime. Obviously very fundamentalist they are. But since they no longer control their airspace, Israel can hit them without any concern for itself. It can hit any target at once. It could take out all their electric grid, it could take out their lone nuclear plant, It can take out anything at once. They know they're on shaky ground. We had a whole bunch of Arab states condemn Iran's attack on our US base and cutter no iron said it was wiped out, But everyone on the ground there is laughing at that statement, because no one was killed, No one was hurt and the missiles were all shot down. So that's their little tit for tat for us blowing up their Fortum nuclear facility. But on a moving forward basis, and let's assume for the sake of discussion this morning, that this cease fire holds in place. What does it mean? Does it mean Iran is going to allow Israel a peaceful coexistence? I mean to even say that out loud, it seems so impossible to even contemplate because Iran's very existence since the shaw was thrown out and the Iatola took over, was basically the eradication of Israel plus eradication in the United States. But they're a lot closer to Israel, and we of course know they've been launching attacks both directly and via their proxies in the terrorist organizations on Israel. So is that going to stop? Out loud question, if the terrorist proxies start launching attacks in Israel, is Iran going to receive the response from Israel? Are the Israeli jets going to fly into Iran and blow up things in Iran because of what the terrorists did? Terrorists who are funded by almost exclusively the Iranians or are the terrorists free to operate and do whatever the hell they want regardless of what the Supreme leader says. I mean, these are very complicated layers we got to deal with here, and I'm not sure any of that's been ironed out. I think a ceasefire just means a cease fire. Question will Iran if it sticks to it? And this attack that it launched after agreeing to the ceasefire doesn't end the whole thing and just sort of we just forget we even announced it. Does that just give them time to rebuild, to reinforce their missiles and come up with more launchers since Israel blew up most of them.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Trump says it's going to last forever. This ceasefire call me dated and cynical. Seven sixteen mareten.
Speaker 9: Hang on.
Speaker 1: Looking forward to talking to you, But first I want to mention odor exit because if you've got odors in your world that you want to get rid of, odor exits the product to buy. They got several different products depending on which oder you want to get rid of, whether it's smoke, mold, mildew, food odors, human odors, pet odors, skunk spray guaranteed one hundred percent guarantee. Use as directed. It will eliminate the odor that you're trying to get rid of. Otherwise you get your money back. That's a strong guarantee. And they've been around for twenty five more than twenty five years. They celebrated earlier this year. They had big anniversary party I was invited to, and they're proud of what they're doing. Successful business because the products work. What more can one say? Order them online they'll promptly delivered to your door od rxit odor exit dot com or buy it locally. There's a search engine right there on the website which will tell you which stores sell it. And they sell these products all over town. Works on everything except the stench of politics. As I like to joke, Odor exit dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 1: It is credit to j just Checker were put together. The weather this morning partly cloudy, hot and human heat index over one hundred to the high of ninety six degrees tonight down to seventy four. Another hot and human day tomorrow with the high of ninety three and evening are pm storms overnight lowes seventy two seventy seven degrees. Right now, time for a traffic update.
Speaker 5: You see up tramphic center, you see Health.
Speaker 11: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal, make sure best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Ex fucking more and you see health dot com. Northbound fourth seventy one accidental left lane's blocked off as you come off of the bridge, trapping backing up to Grand southbound seventy five heavier at the Reagan Highway northbound slows between Dixie and Kyle's and inbound seventy four A few break lights pants montanae of the seventy five ramp. Chuck Ingram month fifty five kre see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRCD talk station answering a question that I should have known the answer to thanks to the last caller. Wondering Monsters, Brewery and Barbecue some beach month, So looking forward to seeing it there again. July ninth. It's usually the first Wednesday. We're going to do the second Wednesday of July because of Independence Day. So hope to see you there, Wandering monsters. Let's go take Maureen's called Moreene, Thanks so much for holding over the break. They're always good to hear.
Speaker 13: From you the morning, Brian, I want to kind of chime in on what you were talking about the first hour about possible regime change and what President Trump posted on this truth social about stating that it's not politically correct to use the term regime change, but if the current Iranian regime is not able to make a Ran great again, why wouldn't it be a regime chang So brings me to a story last week that was in the Israeli Times, and there was an article about Iran blaming Israel for hacking their TV broadcasting with calls for an uprising, and the transmission on the TV and I RAN was interrupted with footage from a twenty twenty two women's protest against their team, urging people to take to the streets and take their country back. Well, a friend of mine are actually relative many years ago, told me that we're in the midst of a militaryary operation with Trump's administration, and he said, you need to really pay close attention to all of every I knew detail about Trump, whether it's his hattie wears or his tie, or the lights on the White House or different things that he miss spells in his social posts, you know, different things like that, and so I kind of tell you a little nuts. But then I started really paying close attention to some of the podcasts he said to listen to and tune into. So he said, one of the things is the songs that he plays at his rallies and events at the White House. Well recently he went, well, there was a Governor's Ball in by just this past February. The Army chorus sang La miser Rob and they had a little kind of skip to go along with it. And then the following week or no, just recently last week, he and Milania and JD Vance and went to Lame miser Rob at the Kennedy Center and they interviewed him after that and specifically the song. There's a song that they played at the Governor's Ball. It's called do You Hear the People Sing? And in it is about I don't know if you've seen the show, but the lyrics in it are I'm going to read a real quick It says, do you hear the People sing? Singing? A song of angry men? It is the music of the people who will not be slaves again. When the beauty of their heart echoes the beauty of the drums. There's a life about to start when tomorrow comes. Will you join in our crusade? Will you be strong and stand with me? Beyond the barricade is the world you long to see. So a lot of people are reading into that as encouraging the people to uprise well about keep their country back.
Speaker 1: The backdropingly is I read the book is the French Revolution right right?
Speaker 13: But there, yes, it is, but it is the uprising of the downtrodden and taking their country back into refuse to be slaves. So there is this underlying thing where we don't want to overtly go and change the regime, but you want to encourage the people to be strong and to take their country. And there's also some other songs and the last one I really want to get to because you're really going to like it. The other one is Messam Dorma Some of All Fears, which means at dawn we will win and while the people sleep. So that's kind of what's going to happen there at the brink of a nuclear war and at the very last minute they're victorious. So we're hoping for that. But the other songs that he plays at his rally, the one by Elvis is Suspicious Minds and the lyric is caught in a Trap. Well, Trump is always signifying that the left or the people against him that sole the election are caught in a trap because he's got it all. The diamond thief. You know, when you get caught stealing the diamond, have to give the diamonds back. Hence he's wearing the cap that says forty eight trolling the left. But the song that he does most is the YMCA song. And everybody, you know, I've always thought that's kind of weird. What's with the YMCI song. Well, YMCA isn't affiliated in this situation with the gym. It's an acronym for you must come ashore, and it's at GITMO. It's painted on the walls at Guantanamo Bay, where the detention center is, and it's saying you must come ashore, referring to trolling those that stole the election, that that's where they're going to end up after their military tripoo tribunals.
Speaker 1: I must observe Mareen. The vast majority of people in the world have no idea there's a connection with any of that to something broader in terms of messaging. I have YMCA. You know, it's fun to stay at the YMCA. It's a song with a bunch of gay men saying about hanging out with other men at the YMCA. That's as far as I've read into it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: If there is some message in there, it's very cryptic. I mean, at minimum, it's very cryptic. But insofar as encouraging the citizenry of Iran, that was my point. He said, it's not politically correct to use the term regime change, but if the current Iran regime is unable to make Iran great again, why wouldn't there be a regime change? Mega. I think that is a strong message, And I said, I think that was directed to the Iranian people. You know, I'm not going to do it. I'm not sending boots on the ground into Iran, but you know what, they're on shaky ground right now. They have drug you into a perilous situation with all the money and resources directed into building the Iranian military and rockets and a nuclear weapons program, much to the detriment of the people who live there, who lack resources and social infrastructure and everything else. The regime has failed the people.
Speaker 13: Right, That's the point of the of the song is that, well, we're encouraging them to do it themselves because I.
Speaker 1: Guess I guess that you know. They select music based on a message that's within it. But Donald Trump doesn't pull any punches when it comes to direct messaging. So for people like me who don't hear those songs and say that's a message to a specific audience, most notably the cryptic YMCA reference you mentioned connecting with Guantanamo Bay, which I'd never heard of before, he'll go out out and say it anyway, So maybe doubling down. I don't know, but I appreciate your call and always appreciate your thoughts, Maureen, I truly do seven twenty six. Right now, if you five k CD talk station, we're gonna hear from Into Matthews. She's a Republican and she's running for Cincinnati City Council. She'll try to program next I wish all the lock in the world. We'll find out what she's about and what she wants from the city of Cincinnati right now, seven twenty seven. And it's not for you to mention the great people at Foreign Exchange, get your imported Traditionally, manufacturer like to say imported autobil is, whether from Asia or Europe, even if they're manufacturing in Kentucky. Got to fix the foreign exchange where you'll save money on auto repairs. I'm sure you know have gone through the roof. Much like everything else. I an autobill is really expensive, but foreign Exchange can take the edge off of that by charging you less than the dealer, and you will not sacrifice anything by way of customer service or the experience of the technicians. A SE certified Master Technicians and been working on my family's cars now for years. I take more than a decade, and we always save money, and the work is great and they're like family. They'll really treat you well. At Foreign Exchange, we go to the Westchester location. That's the one I can speak to Tylersville Road exit office seventy five. Go east, really short, jog east two streets, hanging right on Kingland Drive and you're there. Find them online four and X form the letter X dot com. You get a full warranty on parts and service, so no worries at all, and again save money five one, three, six, four, four twenty six twenty six, six four four twenty six, twenty six four in x.
Speaker 4: Dot com fifty five KRCIX.
Speaker 1: Time for a weather update, partly cloudie, hot and humid, heat index over one hundred degrees. We'll have an actual high of ninety six they're predicting today Tonight it'll drop to seventy four. Another hot and humid day tomorrow with a chance of the evening storms ninety three. The high in and overnight lowess seventy two seventy seven degrees. Now, time for traffic update from you see how triumphic centering.
Speaker 11: You see how you'll find comprehensive care that's so personal, makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more head you see how dot com North found seventy five. That is a slow go out of Marline er into the cut northbound four seventy one and accident adds to the delays. Left lane's bock coming off of the bridge and the traffic backing up past Brand stopbound seventy five slows through Lacklan. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven thirty one fifty five KRCD Talk station. Right, Thomas, Welcome into the fifty five Krrise Morning show. Cincinnati council candidate Linda Matthews. Linda, it's a real pleasure to have you on the program today.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Brian. How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. I'm even feeling better now. My understanding is, according to my notes, you are a Republican I am, and yet you're running for Cincinnati City Council. You know what you're getting involved with, right Linda, Yes, I do, Brian. It's a vote Lindamatthews dot com. Vote Lyndamatthews dot com. Beautiful woman she is, and she's got some great policies here. Let's dive into them. One of the biggest issues around I hear about it from Christopher Smith, and former vice of the City who joins my program every Monday to vent his spleen having a rip on Cincinnati City Council and the mayor for not supporting more out loud and advocating for the Cincinnati Police Department and dealing with all the violence and acknowledging the violence in the city. Hell, over the weekend we had seven people shot in the Greater Cincinnati area, and just yesterday to this morning, two more people. I mean, we got a real problem on our hands. Linda, what's your proposal to deal with the police department relationships generally as well as the violence in the city.
Speaker 14: Well, Brian, Cincinnati definitely definitely needs new leadership. You know, out of the nine current members on city Council, there's not a Republican voice president to push and advocate for Republican policies and values. And so with my Public Safety two point zero, I am recommending that we advocately we aggressively train and train, higher, train and retain top pier law enforcement professionals by expanding recruitment nation wide to restore Cincinnati police force to a level needed for community safety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their numbers are down, there's no question about it. I talk with the FOP president on the program regularly as well. And morale is also down, and a lot of people are planning on retiring, and we're losing some of our officers to other police forces because of the low morale and the lack of support from some city government. So I appreciate that. So lateral hires that's going on now, more police classes, and of course the funds to support the police. How about your policy on zero tolerance youth curfew. There is no reason for children to be running amok in the middle of the night in downtown Cincinnati. I think I support your idea about a curthy curfew.
Speaker 14: Yes, but it's really sad what's going on downtown Cincinnati with all the deaths, and you know, like you said, there are seven There were seven shootings over the weekend, and some of them involved some of our youth. So I recommend, and I'm want to implement when I'm elected to city Council, to implement strict enforcement of our youth curve free laws to reduce this youth balance and to keep our streets safe for all of our residents because right now, people in Cincinnati, citizens in Cincinnati do not feel safe. No.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're an adult and you're surrounded by thirty young people, there's not a damn thing you can do about. If one young person comes up to you might be able to handle the situation. But when they cluster in gangs of youth and they represent a threat to you, that does not give anyone a feeling of comfort. So we want to stop that. I guess I have to ask this question out. Wow, Lenda Matthews again vote Lyndamatthews dot com. It's one thing to have the police enforce these laws you have like, for example, zero tolerance and high crime areas. Enforce every infraction of the city law and high crime neighborhoods. I get that once the word gets out, you're going to be dealt with in the legal system. Maybe you'll quit doing that. That's one of the elements of the criminal justice system. The problem is when you have a liberal prosecutor and liberal judges who are not interested in prosecuting these young people or anybody to the fullest extent of the law. That's where the failure. That's that leg of the stool the criminal justice system gets kicked out. So police could do things all day long. But if we deal with this revolving door over at the on the enforcements or the prosecution side, it's like fighting an uphill battle.
Speaker 14: Yes, Brian, it is, and it's like a revolving door in a lot of cases. And the citizens are tired of it. They want new leadership and to deal with all the violence and restore order and deter this criminal activity even our if we pay I have also an initiative that I would like to re implement it's to pay it in power citizens to participate in their neighborhood Betroth, the citizens on Betroth. We need to reactivate that and you know that way we can have citizens that are reporting suspicious activity with you are anyone and directed to law enforcement for a faster community driven you know, prevention. Yeah, and we just can't keep doing the same thing over and over again over again without positive income to get our citizens back and.
Speaker 1: Well aimen to that. I can't agree with that more and out loud government demanding that and asking for that and supporting that concept would go a long way. Pause. Linda Matthews will bring you back and we'll talk a little bit more about your platform. Vote Lindamatthews dot com. First word for QC kinetics. If you determined to look get rid of the pain and not take pain pills and not have surgery, and you've talked to your doctor about all this. Probably if you're dealing with regular pain or thritis pain, he knee pain, hip pain, back pain, that whatever happens to be, it just keeps coming back. You're exhausted, don't give up. Call QC kinetics revolutionary tree Moments. The work to give your body long term relief. They've helped tens of thousands of people across this great country, and a whole lot of people in the city of Cincinnati as well. So give it a shot. Take them up on their free consultation. It may be right for you, and if it's not, they'll tell you. This QC Connects medical team will explain how the regenitive treatment take your body's own healing power to help restore your damaged tissue. Well respected protocols that include potent and powerful cellular level treatments. So no masking the pain. They're going after the very source of it. Take them up on the free consultation. Why not beat surgery Five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine. That's five one three eight four seven zero zero one nine.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station Heart Rediar.
Speaker 1: Here's your quick weather forecast Today. It's gonna be hot, it's gonna be humid, shocking no one heat in next above one hundred degrees. We'll have an actual high of ninety six, so says the forecast. Tonight's low seventy four Tomorrow ninety three again hot and human, plus the chance of evening or PM storms. Overnight low of seventy two seventy eight degrees. Right now, time for traffick updates from.
Speaker 5: The UCE Health Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: You see Health, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcome. So expect more and you sehealth dot com. Northbound seventy five getting close to a fifteen minute delay between Donaldson and Downtown. Northbound fourth seventy One's over a ten minute delay from before Grand thanks to an accident that has the left lane block coming off of the bridge. Southbound seventy one breakup. It's above two seventy five towards Pfeiffer. Chuck Ingramo on fifty five KRC leave talk station.
Speaker 1: It's seven forty one I fifty five ker CIT talk station talking to Linda Matthews. She is a Republican running for since A City Council, a lifelong Cincinnati and trustee at Central State University, Ohio, Central Committee woman, graduate from Xavier University, first vice president of the North Avendel Neighborhood Association. I could go on obviously committed familiar with the City of Cincinnati and its issues. Linda Matthews, I want to ask you about economic development. I think you've got a home run and your economic development plan repeal connected communities zoning laws.
Speaker 14: Yes, Briant, Yes, I feel that we have well. Cincinnati has fifty two unique communities, and each one of them have their own specific needs, and I trust the community councils, you know, and I trust the citizen that live in those communities, and that's why I support to repeal the connected communities. I assisted in the effort to collect the signatures to put the High Park issue on the ballot, and I encourage everyone to vote down the development in the current form.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, isn't it strange, Linda? The city shoves connected communities down everyone's throats in all fifty two neighborhoods, the entire cities under this development plan, whatever the connected communities happens to be.
Speaker 4: And then.
Speaker 1: A well connected developer shows up in Hyde Park and they issue a waiver in a variance allowing them to completely disrupt the entire Hyde Park Square over the Connected Communities development plan. So it's like, what the hell is going on here. They apparently did the same thing over in bond Hill. They've taken away the concept of representative government just doesn't even exist with the city council these days.
Speaker 14: That's right, and that's why I assisted in collecting those signatures to repel High Park issues. And I encourage communities to continue to have a voice and continue to fight for, you know, representation and what they want in their communities, not what's going to.
Speaker 9: Be suved down their throats.
Speaker 14: Am I support the repel and you know, I asked everyone to vote, know, vote down the route and vote no, and vote down the development High Park at its current in its current font, you know, the other thing that.
Speaker 1: Needs to be dealt with. And I've talked to Corey Bowman about this one as well, because he's faced it himself. He's a West End resident and he talks to other developers who want to do redevelopment of projects, smaller projects, and they run into so much red tape and so much obstruction from the Cincinnatia City Maybe that's not the council specifically, but the whoever's running the zoning rules and the and the permitting rules behind the scenes. It's just like you can't even get anything off the ground. I trust that you're you would like to streamline the process for development.
Speaker 14: Yes, I would. We need to streamline it so that we can get more development that the people want in their communities and they should not have to go through all this red tape to get a development done in their community. So we need to streamline those permits.
Speaker 1: Fair enough on that. Now, in terms of well, how about economic growth? What are your ideas for economic growth? That seems to be the big what the city council claims to want. They're trying to do everything they can to lure people into the City of Cincinnati. One of the reasons they don't talk about crime because obviously that's not good marketing to let people know how dangerous it is. But in order to get people wanting to move into the city, what are your propose on that?
Speaker 14: While proposed that we expand the Innovation District to support tech startups and minority owned businesses, neighborhood entrepreneurs, and small shops. Excuse me, small shops. We have to cut through this red tape. We have to, you know, begin to encourage other young people in our communities to start opening up businesses. And that creates job and give insentatives to companies that come into our city that hire locally and especially in high unemployment areas. And then we need to track and display the job growth, new business creation, and local investment to ensure that all voters can really see the results and not just a bunch of promises.
Speaker 1: Amen to that. Well, it sounds like some wonderful ideas. Linda Matthews again. Vote Lindamatthews dot com. You can see all of her points in what she's hoping for public safety, economic development, education and opportunity. I hear this since a public schools are laying off a whole bunch of people that are on shaky grounds right now? Are you for education choice by any chance? London?
Speaker 14: I am for education choice, and also I'm for expanding our stam education and moving towards trades. Trades I demand and we need our children in trades, not just for now, but for the future as well. So we need to redesign some structuring in our public school system so that children can have access to still education, but also if it's not doing well, their parents have a choice to move their to another school.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I appreciate that all day long, Linday, And yes, there are huge demand for trades and those are career opportunities. Those aren't just jobs. Those are something you can support your family with and on into the future. And let's face it, Linda, they can't be replaced by artificial intelligence, which is something everybody's all worried about these days.
Speaker 14: That's right, they cannot because everyone needs an electrician, everyone needs a plumber, everyone needs someone in construction. Needs are jobs that are just in demand. Yes, AI people are scared or AI is gonna take a bunch of jobs. But when you think of a STEM, and when you think of the trades, I mean, those are jobs that just they're not going anywhere.
Speaker 1: They can't.
Speaker 8: We need to focus on that.
Speaker 1: Well, Linda, I wish you all the best in the world again. Vote Linda Matthews dot com. You can learn about her and find out about her background as well as her initiatives and her policies. And you know, we certainly could use a refreshing different voice on counsel. This lockstep Democrat control has not done the city a whole lot of favors over the years, and you know, it's a refreshing to have someone maybe speak a little bit of truth to power and maybe you're that person. I'll encourage my listeners to check you out and support your campaign.
Speaker 14: Thank you very much, Brian, thank you for having me on your show.
Speaker 1: It's a pleasure. We'll do it again. I feel confident about that. You're welcome here on the fifty five Cars Morning Show. Take care and have a wonderful, wonderful day seven eight fifty five Cars the Talk station. Have a wonderful mortgage experience by calling Susseette loads a Camp at Cross the Country Mortgage. As the name implies, Cross Country Mortgage, regardless of what state you're in. Susette Lows Camps the person to talk to so she can help you with all your mortgage needs. And he know shees your broker. She is the person working for you. She's not working for a specific company, so it's always great rates at a low costs with no junk fees, no application fees. Let her shop around for you, do the legwork for you, just like she did for my daughter. And my daughter was so happy because they're getting the run around from this one bank. So you're working with one bank, you're working with one lender. Now with Cross Country mortgage. You don't have that problem. Souzette's working for you, and she'll shop it out in the world and find something perfect for you. So, whether you're buying a home, you're refinancing your current mortgage, maybe you're interested in a reverse mortgage. I'm not a fan, but maybe it's right for you. That's your decision. She can help you out. She's got more than thirty five years in the mortgage business, more experience than anybody out there. And I'll tell you what, you'll love working with her. She is a fabulous person and customer service. It couldn't be better to call her and she'll get right back with you. Just leave a message if a message goes off five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or send her an email at Suzette dot lost camp spelled l O s E KA mp so is that dot lost camp at CCM dot.
Speaker 4: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Here is your weather forecast. Gonna be hot in human today, shocking no one actual high either, predicting ninety six degrees and of course with this heat index is going to feel more like one hundred plus seventy four overnight tomorrow hot human as well, chance of PM storms and high on ninety three. Overnight low is seventy two seventy nine degrees. Right now, it's time for traffic update. Probably you see traffic center, you see healthy. You'll find comprehensive care. That's so personal. I'll make your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehelp dot com.
Speaker 11: Northbound fourth seventy one is over a fifteen minute delay out of Southgate into town with an accident blocking the left plane.
Speaker 5: As you come off of the bridge.
Speaker 11: Northbound seventy five close to a fifteen minute delay between Florence and the Brent Spence. There's slow traffic eastbound two seventy five approaching Kellogg. I'm looking for a problem there, Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRARA CD talk station.
Speaker 1: Seven fifty two IY. Do you have KERCD talk station. Happy Tuesday, we'll hear from Breitbart off top of their new is Joe Paullott from Breitbart. You'll get the latest on Iran. It's unfolding as we speak. Be said, I show up to work this morning there's a ceasefire, like, oh, that's great. Donald Trump expressing like this is going to be permanent, not going to be more bomb dropping. And then next thing you know, the bombs are dropping. I guess the Iranians the Lonceton mission strike. Although President Trump had some strong words for Israel just recently, like within the last half hour, Trump told Israel to bring your pilots home. Now, I made criticism of both Israel and Iran for violating the ceasefire agreement. It was only in place like ten seconds. Is that Israel, do not drop those bombs. If you do, it's a major violation. This on Truth social media post. Speaking to reporters while leaving the White House, Trump said, I didn't like plenty of things I saw yesterday. I didn't like the fact that Israel unloaded right after we made the deal. They didn't have to unload. And I didn't like the fact that the retaliation was very strong. But in all fairness, Israel unload a lot. And now Israel just went out because they felt it was violated by one rocket that didn't land anywhere, and that's not what we want. Elsa said. I think they both violated the ceasefire deal. You know what we have. We basically have two countries that have been fighting so long and so hard that they don't know what the f they're doing. Do you understand that close quote? Wow, Well, and there is some truth to that. It's either a ceasefire or it's not. You either aren't firing or you are. I don't think we can call it a ceasefire if your audience are launching missiles, even if it's just a single missile. I mean, I mean, get let's get realistic here. Israel's got the upper hand. They own the airspace. And if you sit down and you say, okay, we're gonna quit shooting at each other, and one side start shooting, the other side is of course gonna act. Obviously, Iran is in a lesser position. Their missiles keep getting shot down. They attacked our military facility and Cutter overnight and they claimed that you know, they annihilated, when in fact we shot all the missiles down. But that was before this so called ceasefire was negotiated. That was just because we of course dropped bombs on the ford of nuclear facility and they had to do something maybe to appease their own people, or because they have small you know what and felt like they needed to do something. Regardless, I don't necessarily have a problem with Israel responding with brute force because the Iran violated the ink is an even dry ceasefire deal? And again, more fundamentally, maybe Joe Paula can address this. What does a ceasefire mean for the long term, assuming they quit shooting at each other and actually agree by that, what is Iran's position? I'm sure Israel is happy to just you know, mind its own business and go on with its business if the Iranians no longer are going to try to blow Israel off the of the map. But is that what this means long term? Joel Pollock on that subject, after the top of the our news. If you can stick around, news happens.
Speaker 5: Fast, stay up to date.
Speaker 12: At the top of the hour.
Speaker 5: Not gonna be complicated, It's going to go very fast.
Speaker 6: Fifty five krs the talk station. There's a lot of stuff happening.
Speaker 5: Peace steals, trade deals, tax deals.
Speaker 6: It's stuff like that. Check you in often for all this stuff. You need to know this stuff on fifty five krs the talk station eight oh five, the fifty five KRCD talk station. It is that time of the week we get the inside scoop from bright Bart News. I'll always start by reminding folks to bookmark the site b R E I T B A R T dot com. Great stuff there, particularly stuff from my guests Joel Pollock. Joel, welcome back to the morning show, my friend. It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 1: Talking with you.
Speaker 10: Always good to talk with you as well.
Speaker 1: And expert on things Israel we're talking about. The situation is unfolding rapidly now. I woke up this morning, I'm very excited to read that they had negotiated a ceasefire. Iran Israel going to put their guns down and play nicely together. We could talk about what that might mean in the long term. But over the course of the morning, I find out that Iran launched a barrage of missiles at Israel after agreeing to the ceasefire, and of course necessitating Israel's amount of response, and apparently Trump was screaming at both sides. I've got, you know, different quotes and posts on true social media. But Israel apparently has recently decided to pull its planes back, apparently not bombing them. What in the hell is going on here, Joel block Well.
Speaker 10: Trump announced the ceasefire yesterday, and Israel accepted the ceasefire. Iran said it would not accept the ceasefire, but would stop firing at Israel if Israel stopped firing in Iran, so effectively it did accept the ceasefire.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Then happened is what usually happens in most wars before a ceasefire, which is that the two militaries scramble to make sure that they achieve certain objectives before the ceasefire takes effect. So Israel was attacking Iranian military targets and targets associated with the Iranian regime, and Iran fired ballistic missiles at Israel. The Iranian fire continued through the ceasefire deadline, so it actually fired beyond the ceasefire, but Israel ignored that. Iran also managed to get one of its missiles through Israel's defenses and it hit an apartment building and murdered for Israeli's wounded many others. That caused a huge amount of anguish in Israel, right, and it really cast a pall over what should have been a day of celebration that the war is over and that it had been successful. Then there was calm for several hours, and Iran then fired two ballistic missiles at Israel. Both of the missiles were intercepted, but it was a clear and flagrant violation of the seasfire. So the Israeli said, Okay, we have to respond to this because otherwise Iran's just gonna violate the ceasefire whenever it wants to, right, So Israel then sent pilots to conduct an airstrike on some target or targets in Tehran, and Trump blew up and made some pretty off color remarks on camera. Yeah, he basically blamed both sides, and he claimed that Israel had violated the ceasefire. He said that if Israel carried out the air strike, it would violate the ceasefire. But it's not really a violation of the ceasefire. To respond to a violation of the seasfire.
Speaker 1: So, oh, Joel, I mean, it's the natural logical thing. Where Israel or do you know, Okay, you shoot at me, We're coming back at you. And we've already proven we can be very successful when.
Speaker 14: We do it.
Speaker 10: I can understand Trump's frustration. He wants there to be calm because he has broader goals in mind, and he doesn't want the war to continue. He doesn't want the United States to get drawn into the war. He wants to preserve what has been a success for both the United States and Israel. At the same time, there has to be more outrage at what Iran is doing. I said this last night. Perhaps I should have said it publicly, but I said it to colleagues that after Iran hit the Israeli apartment building, the President really should have condemned Iran's attacks in moral terms. His primary concern was the ceasefire, and that's understandable, but there really had to be a strong condemnation of what Iran had done. Israel is attacking military targets and the regime Iran is attacking civilians, and there really needed to be a strong condemnation of what Iran had done so that Israel would feel that it didn't need to respond, that it didn't have to restore its deterrent in order to protect its civilians. A democracy, yeah, a democracy cannot sit and do nothing when innocent civilians are attacked. It just is not an option. And I think Trump knows that he's just trying to preserve the greater piece, which again is understandable. I think this all blows over because I do think the ceasefire will hold, and I also think that the strong relationship between the two governments of Israel and the United States is just stronger than it's ever been. So I get the frustration. I think this is a minor blip. But at the same time, there really needs to be an acknowledgement that the Iranian regime is a Nazi like regime that didn't try to achieve any real military objectives before the ceasefire deadline. It just tried to kill as many civilians as it could. Yeah, and that's what we're dealing with here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like October seventh. It was just done via Iranian proxies in the form of a terrorist operation. But those are just innocent women, children, grandmothers, and I mean non military targets. It was an outrage. It's just an offense against humanity. It isn't even warfare, it's just murdering innocent people. So with that backdrop and recognizing the Iranian the theocracy that is Iran and its leadership is really predicated on the eradication of Israel, what does a cease fire mean long term? If they're not bombing each other, sorry about that, then they realize they had my volume on. But if they're not bombing each other, does that mean that they're going to play nicely together and just coexist peacefully into the future. I just I find that hard to swallow.
Speaker 10: The long term trajectory is that Iran becomes weaker and weaker and the Iranian regime collapses. There's no situation in which Iran can continue running itself the way it has while losing the war to a much smaller country, while losing its nuclear weapons program, while remaining isolated. You know, they've already alienated most of the countries in the region, the Arab Muslim countries in the region. But now they've also proven to Russia and China that they're not a very good investment. So the Iranian regime is basically cornered and over time it's going to have to collapse. I don't think anything good comes out of this war for Iran. I don't think that we need to think about questions of coexistence or long term peace between the two countries. Iran does not want to make peace with Israel, doesn't want to make an agreement with the United States. Even the Iran deal that Obama organized was not any kind of treaty that was signed by both sides. I mean, it was a treaty for I think constitutional purposes. It should have been ratified by the Senate, but there was no agreement where the two sides sat down. The Iranian regime, let's understand this. The Iranian regime is founded on an ideological commit into destroying America and destroying Israel. Yeah, they will not talk to anybody, they will not acknowledge the existence of Israel, and they will not sit down with the United States in any kind of friendly or the legitimate manner. And they're just they're fanatical. So you know, we just have to accept that there's not going to be some kind of movement toward peace and prosperity until the regime is out of the way. Meanwhile, the rest of the region is going to try to move on and you'll see an expansion that I think of ties between Israel and the Sunni Arab states. But nothing's going to happen in Iran except the slow demise of the Iranian regime.
Speaker 1: I think fair enough, and so Iran safe to say is not going to be joining the Abraham Accords.
Speaker 10: Well, not under this regime. It will in the future.
Speaker 1: Now thinking about that, I mean, there's always uncertainty with regime change, and I know Donald Trump is encouraging and I think his post the other day about if current Ibrannian regime is unable to make Iran great again, why wouldn't there be regime change? He's not advocating for us to create that regime changes. I think that was a shout out to the Iranian people that they can control their own destiny, because by all accounts, the vast majority of the Iranian people don't like living under this theocracy.
Speaker 10: Well, look, there's no clear alternative to the Iranian regime right now, right, You're right that most Iranians don't like their government. At the same time, the Iranian regime has been very good at eliminating all the alternatives. You have the son of the former Shah living in exile in the DC area who plans to return. Whether that means a monarchy or a transition to democracy, he says he's a democrat at lowercase key, So who knows. I think it's going to take a while to figure out what post regime Iran really ought to look like. But it's not our concern right now. It's not something Trump wants to get involved with. It's not something Israel wants to get involved with, even though they want to destabilize and weaken the regime. And Trump's right, you know, if the Iranian regime can't function the way a normal country should function, white why shouldn't there be regime change. It's just not going to be up to us. I think the best we can do is to try to get whatever factions of the Iranian opposition are accessible to us, get them on the same page about what happens next, because there really does have to be a contingency plan so that the country doesn't fall apart into warring factions. I think the likeliest thing that we might see in the next six months is some kind of military coup where the Iranian military decides that the iotolas are leading the country down a path of self destruction, and so they step in the way the military stepped in in Egypt, and they start running the country, and who knows, maybe they will be maybe they won't be a transition to democracy, but I think there's going to be an authoritarian phase before there's a democratic phase, before the adults had been done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's kind of where I was going to be heading with our conversation, because that's things like the most logical thing. Then you'd have to hope that the military didn't embrace the you know, death to America, death to Israel philosophy that the Ayatola embraced and has been been screaming about for well a couple of iotolas anyway, since they overthrow the Shava ran back in the seventies. So do you see do you anticipate the military would drop that as a political philosophy or ultimate goal the existence of the country to destroy America and Israel, which obviously is an impossibility. But what would it just be like martial law declared in the military would just keep the citizenry in line and try to keep commerce and industry organized and just and move forward that way.
Speaker 10: I would think. So, yeah, I think that the Iranian military will decide that preserving Iran is more important than destroying America. Okay, right now, the Iotola is you know, it's a religious cult. Religious cults often destroy themselves, you know, the Heaven's Gate.
Speaker 1: Call thirty years ago. Yeah, they all, they all, they all.
Speaker 10: Committed suicide because they thought the giant spaceship was coming. I mean, that's the Iranian regime they are called, that believes that they can bring about the end of the world and therefore the salvation of the world. Remember, the end of the world is just you know, destruction. It's it's the elect gets saved and everybody else is doomed to hell. And they can bring that about if they destroy themselves in the process of destroying the United States. Hitler was the same, you know Hitler. Toward the end of the Second World War, I mused that maybe it was better that the Russians were defeating Germany, because then we would know who the superior race was. Hitler was was fundamentally a racist more than he was a nationalist. He believed in the struggle of different races, so at some level he was willing to sacrifice Germany to his racial obsessions. That's that's the Iotolis. The Iotolis are prepared to sacrifice Iran for their Sheite obsession with the arrival of the twelfth Madi, as they put it, in the end of the world, and eventually you're going to get some generals who come in and say, you know what, we love our country and we thought this was the way to serve it, but obviously this is not. And we love our country more than we hate America. We love our country more than we hate is Wroe. Let's step in and get some sanity going here, because other lives, we're all going to just be dead. Well they did, That's what's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: They did enjoy much greater peace and prosperity under the shaw. I had a woman who used to cut my hair when I lived in Chicago, and she was from Iran, and she talked about how wonderful it was. It was modern cities and women were not forced to wear burkas and cover their faces entirely, and the whole thing went the hell after the shaw or the shaw was thrown out. So you know, maybe there are people who have that recollection and can see a future vision for the country along those lines, and that will be great for everyone. I guess I'm kind of curious about the broader implications. If Iran pulls the plug or as otherwise, has regime change, they're no longer state sponsors of the terrorist organizations that they've been funding and providing weapons too. Does that bring about a broader peace in the Middle East generally, or there's still a pro Palestinian pro Palestinian state faction out there. We're going to continue to see conflict from some other areas.
Speaker 10: Well. In terms of the Palestinians, you know, the last remaining part of this war is the conflict in Gaza. And there are twenty Israeli hostages who are still in captivity fifty total if you include those who are already dead. The Palestinians have their fate in their own hands. If they want to live in peace with Israel, then they will, But if they continue trying to destroy Israel, they will also destroy themselves. And what needs to happen now is the Hamas leadership needs to let the hostages go and find a way out of Gaza and allow ordinary Palestinians a chance to rebuild their lives with the help of the United States, with the help of Israelis, with the help of Arab allies. I think that Palestinians can have a better life. It's different than having a state. I think the Palestinian state is a dead idea, at least for a generation. Because these reliefs have seen what Palestinians do with self government, and basically they try to kill Israelis and that's just not acceptable obviously to Israel. So I think you'll have some people in this country and elsewhere we all free Palestine and all that. Some will know what it means, some will not know what it means. But it's really for them about symbolic confrontations with symbols of authority. It has nothing to do with reality on the ground of them. At least it's the new fashionable left wing thing, and then six months later it'll be something else. So I think we shouldn't really take it seriously. The reality is that the Palestinians do not care about their own future as a movement to take any serious practical steps toward achieving any kind of progress, And it's just not going to be possible to do anything while Palestinian terrorists still hold Israeli hostages and still try to run the lives of other Palestinians. And I think the guys A phase is now where this war ends, and there's going to be a huge amount of pressure on Hamas and maybe not the organization itself, maybe individual commanders individual units to give up the hostages they have, and once that happens, I think they're working in fair enough.
Speaker 1: Well, real quick here and around. We're out of time, Joe. I'm gonna tell my producer, I'm aware of the time I just had to China seems to I think they enjoy the fact that we're so busy dealing with problems in the Middle East that were not as focused on the South China Sea and Taiwan, and they appreciate that our resources are being soaked up in the Middle East dealing with these challenges as they have been for years and years and years trying to play any role in this.
Speaker 10: Real quick, Joel, I think China had played a role, and I think they're going to step back because I think their investments have gone bad. You know, they supported Iran, they even met with Hamas. Yeah, after October seventh. I think they thought things would go a certain way.
Speaker 14: You know.
Speaker 10: The one thing nobody counted on the resilience of the ordinary Israeli soldier, and it was that man or that woman, often a reserve it, excuse me, often a reservist away from their families. That was the force that nobody reckoned with yeah, and that really turned the tide in the Middle East, and I think the Chinese realized that investing in your on is not a is not a good one.
Speaker 1: Joel Paulock. Always enjoy our conversation. A pleate. You appreciate your very thoughtful analysis on this complex issue, and I'll look forward to having you back on. Remind my listeners bright bart dot com. Check it out and bookmark the website. Joel, take care and have a wonderful week, my friend. Thank YouTube A twenty two fifty five care see the talk station stick around, be right back fifty five the talk station. Our weather today is going to be hot, it's going to be humid. It's going to go up to ninety six degrees feeling more over one hundred degrees, of course, but he did. That's seventy four are overnight low Tomorrow another hot and humid day, ninety three for the hyge and a chance to of PM storms over nine down to seventy two. It's eighty right now. Time for traffic update, Chuck from the UCLF Traffic Center.
Speaker 11: You see healthy, you'll find comprehensive care that's so per so it makes your best Tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at ucehealth dot com. Multiple problems on seventy five northbound. The latest the wreck at Turfway has the right two wings block. Then an accident before the bridge has the right lane block and the left side's blocked off northbound seventy five with a wreck and Mitchell crewis are also cleaning up a wreck on eastbound two seventy five near the New Richmond exit, Chucking Ver month fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: A twenty nine to fifty five KRCD talk station. Plenty of time to talk to me now in the end of the program five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk or go with pound five fifty on AT and T phones. What a healthy dose of optimism from Joe Pollock there, you know, and you step it back from and you appreciate the running being on the back of their heels. Of course, a wildly successful military operation by the Israelis wiping out so much of their arsenal. And then you know, enter Trump with the B two bombers and effectively and what we understand to be basically eliminating the nuclear threat. Now there's a lot of rumors and wild concerns about the stockpiled uranium that's been enriched by the Iranians, where it happens to be, where it's moved to, where it's buried. They still could make a dirty bomb. I mean, there's always these possibilities that exist. But if you think about the overthrow, a coup, a military coup, which you know that's been swirling around on the back of my head, I'm glad Joe brought it up. Get rid of the mindset of the supreme leader, get rid of the religious leader who's dictating the terms of conditions in the direction of their country, who has expended all of their wealth and capital on building a military force and pursuing a nuclear weapon just for the sole purpose of war wiping Israel off the map. If the military is not interested in doing that, how much better? I mean, how can I even use the words peace in the Middle East. I've been hearing that phrase my entire life. But look at what Trump was able to accomplish with the Abraham Accords. It's quite miraculous. You got Middle Eastern countries that agreed to accept and live peacefully and coexist and trade with Israel. That's good for everybody. If you had an Iranian regime, military or otherwise that will be willing to accept that kind of reality, and a regime that no longer is even capable of funding terrorist operations. I I don't know. Maybe it is possible. I guess historians will muse over whether we give Trump credit for it. But it certainly wasn't going to happen under a Biden or Obama administration.
Speaker 6: I was it.
Speaker 1: They did nothing but enable the Iranians. They actually gave them ballots of money, got rid of sanctions, which allowed them to further pursue their well ultimate goals, which was the destruction of Israel on the end of the United States of America.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: We live in interesting times, folks, and I think the recent developments I show exactly what a change of administration can bring about. So ignoring the constitutional challenges in the back and forth about whether it's appropriate, did Donald Trump have the authority? I mean there is a multitude of of you know, documents, illustrations, points floating around about there. Matter of fact, Dave Hatter Tech Friday's Dave had to just sent me a post talking about Obama. And twenty sixteen, Obama dropped twenty six and seventy two bombs across seven nations, again with no congressional approval. Did anybody say anything about his authorization of being able to do that? Twelve thousand bombs on Syria, twelve thousand, Interraq four hundred almost five hundred and Libya thirty five and Yemen fourteen in Somalia, three in Pakistan and thirteen hundred plus and Afghanistan no authority from Congress. Donald Trump sends a few B two bombers over there and basically wipes out the threat of a nuclear weapon from Iran, who is probably would probably have very quickly and readily used it. And when you see about the wild success the Israelis had without even a rocket being fired from the surface to the air from Iran while they were busily going around bobbing all these military targets, I think that's a reflection of victory at least in military from military perspective. And but for this cease fire, which is on shaky grounds anyway, they could continue doing that until Iran has been completely defanged, I mean completely across the board. So it certainly seems ripe for regime change, doesn't it, And wouldn't that be a welcome thing for the globe peace in the Middle East anyhow? And I guess bully for Trump, right.
Speaker 10: This is.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's interesting, there's really nothing being said that I have been able to find so far. There was an article about the Republicans praising Donald Trump for his military actions and ordering that strike and how successful it was, and the announcement of the ceasefire. Many Republicans coming out online offering congratulations to Trump and thanking Donald Trump for putting a per very prompt end to this and calling it a twelve day war. Silence from the left is pretty deafening. They hate when Donald Trump accomplishes something, don't They just trying to add a little extra glee out there from our listeners and pointing that one out. Feel free to call the love when people chime in on subjects. So if there's something we want to talk about, give me a shout. Otherwise we'll go in a different direction. We come back after these brief words.
Speaker 12: Cool.
Speaker 1: Here is your weather forecast. It's going to be partly cloudy, it's going to be hot, and it's going to be a humid ninety six actual degrees is what they're forecasting for today. Boy, it's it's already up to eighty one heat index obviously north of one hundred. It'll be an overnight low is seventy four. Tomorrow, another hot and humid day. Chance of evening storms though, Mars high ninety three and overnight dropping down to seventy two eighty one degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 5: Probably you see up traffic centery, you see Healthy.
Speaker 11: You'll find comprehensive care that sub personal makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcome, so expect more. And you see health dot com correct number one northbound seventy five at Turfway right two lanes block, correct number two with the Brent Spence right lanes block. It's an extra half hour out of Florence into downtown. Clearing wreck northbound seventy five on Mittal left shoulder, still working eastbound two to seventy five at the New Richmond exit.
Speaker 5: Chuck Ingraman fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight thirty nine and fifty five kr see the talk station A very happy Tuesday to you. So what else is going on in the world? Feel free to call five one three, seven, four nine fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk with Pound five point fifty on AT and T phones. I had a whole bunch of articles, and obviously it's a never changing landscape given the ceasefire and maybe a resolution of things. If Joel Pollock has predicted the future, I just have sort of an out lock question, musing, will we have a concern over iranium crazy terrorist cells in our country? If Iran went through a regime change and they got rid of their political philosophy of wanting to eradicate Israel in the United State of America, would that sap the will of fundamentalists terrorists out there in the world who also want to achieve that goal and will do anything they can to disrupt American life. Does that concept that religious philosophy disappear with the Iranians? I tend to doubt it. I mean, you do a lot of fundamentalists over in the Middle East, so they're just not as well funded and or at least as in so far as Iran maybe was. Whatever, Although there are a lot of articles about beyond high alert. Despite the ceasefire, there is still a lot of concern about there out here in the United States with the known godaways. Obviously, the Border Patrol had interactions litmit are actual interactions with folks from Iran who they did allow into the country, thank you, Joe Biden. So there is some sort of threat that's still lurking out there. So despite the ceasefire, high alert concerns still exist. And of course we still have our immigration situation to deal with and a lot of protests related immigration and the deportation of illegal immigrants. Well, the Supreme Court just made a decision on that, allowing the Trump administration to deport migrants to third countries. Third countries countries that these illegals are not from, which reminded me. I don't know if you remember the movie Johnny Dangerously. It was I thought it was kind of a cute movie. Jocko Dundee was the gangster villain and he had this hilarious accent, and toward the end of the movie there was a headline Jocko Dundee deported to Sweden says he's not from there, which is exactly the situation we got going on here. The Supreme Court yesterday cleared the way for the Trump administration to deport certain migrants to countries they are not from the six to three majority state of lower court order that said individuals set to be deported to third countries must be given meaningful notice of their intended destination, allowing them to raise objections like I'm fear for my safety if I'm sipped off to that country kind of thing. Trump administration asked the Supreme Court to intervene. Ar argued the trial court judge improperly interfered with the president's authority over foreign affairs. Majority did not explain its reasoning. Although the three liberals dissented, they did articulate some concerns Sodoma and Kagan and of course contend you Brown Jackson. But that case involved a class of migrants who were facing final orders that allowed them to be removed from the US. Supreme Court order does not resolve questions about the Trump administration's legal obligations to the migrants, which continues to be litigated in lower courts, But they say, practically speaking, it could have an immediate impact with the administration's signaling it plans to move quickly Department of Homeland Security spokesperson Tricia McLoughlin said the DHS can now execute its lawful authority and remove illegal aliens to a country willing to accept them, fire up the deportation planes. Her words, not mine, calling it a victory for the safety and security of the American people. So it remains to be seen the outcome on this one, but at least they have that vehicle in place now, So off to a foreign country that you're not from. I wouldn't want to be in that position. Let's see what Tom's got to say this morning. Tom, thanks so much for calling the Morning show. Welcome, good morning.
Speaker 15: Interesting idea about Iranians not supporting terrorism if there is a regime change, the number one thing that you would have to do is follow the money because terrorism costs a lot of money. Yeah, so if they cut off the money supply with regime change, or even without a regime change, because you know, peace might be breaking down in the Middle East because of some of President Trump's actions, then there is a possibility of peace. It costs a lot a lot of money for the training, for the weaponry, for the rockets, all the different things that so it's a wonderful idea and it would be really really nice to see it happen.
Speaker 1: It would be and you know, logically it takes I mean that minimum. It does take, of course, money, but it takes coordination. You mentioned training. You have to organize people to achieve a certain goal. And if that goal, which again is the eradication of Israel in the United States, you know, you do things in steps to move toward that goal. What if you take that goal out of there? There's no incentive to train terrorists to do destructive things. I mean, it's just it's been eliminated completely. So I guess there would still be tom crazy people in the world who hope for a day when Israel is no longer there. But without money and support of a major backer like Iran, they're just like crazy people with a crazy religious ideology, right, I mean, isn't that what it boils down to? Without organization, structure, arms, munitions, training, all of the foregoing that you mentioned, then they're just wandering around with their own personal feelings about how terrible Israel in the United States are. And we've got plenty of those here.
Speaker 15: And would you take away the money? Just like some of the riots and things that are going on here. You take away the antif riots money. When we see the protests at the same level, you know there will be people that will protest on opposite sides of all things. Yeah, but you won't have it. And from a military perspective, if you talk to any flag officer ranked you know where somebody's an admirable, admiral or general, they will tell you all the same thing. Lower level military people talk tactics. The higher level ranks talk the logistics. So when you remove the logistics support of these terrorist organizations, there's a good possibility a lot of them would go away. I think, Yeah, more a wonderful idea it is. It's a beautiful thing to at least contemplate. And the idea, Tom, that we can even talk about this as if it may very well or may happen, what a glorious thing to me, because otherwise we're just talking against reality. But now that reality is presenting itself to us as an option. So you know, it's a great day for potential anyway, So I share I share your conclusions on that.
Speaker 1: Tom.
Speaker 15: I know you're busy running the show, but if you've seeing some of the headlines this morning. Trump has already called out Israel and Iran for already breaking the Seaspire because they've been so screwed up for so long. That's all they know how to do is fight. And but if you again you remove the Israeli has been quite effective and removing a lot of the senior leadership of the Iranian mill terry and intelligence. But if you start removing these people and then remove that money again, the opportunity for peace would be a great potential. Like you mentioned earlier, the Abraham Accords and the different things that Trump has done to create a positive narrative between the Israelis, the Saudi's, many of the other nations over there.
Speaker 1: So we got to acknowledge those other nations were outspoken against Iran, and they don't like Iran either. I mean, Joe Pollock pointed out us. Well, that's that's how you end up with Abraham Accords. They're willing to play nicely in trade and live peacefully with Israel. They don't like the Iranians because they're the big fly in the ointment. They're the ones that caused so many problems, are the ones responsible for rocket launches and wars over there. It takes people's attention away to the important things, which is helping people live, you know, prosperous and happy lives. So yeah, room for plenty of optimism here, Tom, room for plenty. I appreciate the call, man, I really do, and I think you had some excellent observations there five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty eight hundred and eighty two three talk found five fifty on eight and t fund at eight forty seven. Right now, be right back after these.
Speaker 6: Words fifty five KRC the talk station feeling stressed or.
Speaker 1: One more time?
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 1: The weather hot day, ninety six real degrees and hot of course, the heat index above one hundred and also very humid out there today Overnight Lois seventy four. Tomorrow another hot and humid day with a chance at the evening storms ninety three real degrees for the high. Not sure what the heat index is, but it will be hot. Overnight Lois seventy two, closing out at eighty two. Right now, time for final traffic cuf ingram from.
Speaker 5: The uce on tramphingk Centery.
Speaker 11: You see health, go find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless, care for better outcomes, expect more. Had you see help dot com? North Bend seventy five right to lanes are blocked with a wreck and turf fight. CRU's just cleared the wreck at the Brand Spence out of the right lane. He's found on two seventy five a wreck near the New Richmond exit and soathbound seventy one break rights Field zero to Red Bank. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station, Chrish.
Speaker 1: I have eight fifty two at fifty five KRCD talk station. Judge Ennita Palatino tomorrow on the fifty five KRC Morning Show. Looking forward to that as I always do, and I hope you enjoyed the conversation. Not sure which direction he's gonna go Congress from Massey though, no longer pushing to vote on the war issue in Congress. Apparently since we've got a ceasefire, it's become pointless. So maybe it's mood. Don't know, don't know. Uh, it was great having Lynda Matthews on a nice refreshing ELM. I thing to see a Republican woman running for Cincinni City Council. She's got some good ideas. Seems like a nice lady. You can find her at vote Lyndamatthews dot com. Interesting interview with her, and of course I love what you're Pollock had to say about the latest on the Iranian Israel situation. A lot of optimism built in there as sort of a springboard for Tom's comments. And yeah, there was a little post cease fire agreement tit for tat. But I think cooler heads are going to prevail here so real quick. Here in Ohio, maybe an opportunity to get rid of Marcy Captor. We have two Republicans announcing their campaign yesterday to challenged the Democrat who's been around forever, specifically Representative Derek Maron. He's seeking a rematch he narrowly lost a Captor in the twenty twenty four election. Also State Representative Josh Williams, who is the first black majority whipping the Ohio legislator. He launched a campaign on Monday. He's got an interesting background anyway. Maren, for his part, lost by less than one percent to Captor. She's seventy nine years old, elected to Congress in nineteen eighty two and has been serving for forty two years. I think it's time to retire anyway. For his part, Williams elected the state legislator back in twenty twenty two. Get a load of his background, dropped out of high school at aged eighteen because of homelessness, apparently was disabled for six years after an injury to his spine, and then went on to earn a law degree from the University of Toledo College of Law. That's an impressive comeback, isn't it. Anyway? He was interviewed by a Toledo radio station. He highlighted captors age and extensive tenure as a reason to push her out of office, saying she's been in Congress longer than I've been alive, and every bad thing you've read about me happened under her leadership. It's time for her to go speaking volumes right there, So good luck to either one of them. It's either one. I supposed to be a refreshing alternative to the aging Marci Captor plus in the state of Ohio. Come on, it's about time we took that one back. Fifty five Carosee dot com. When you're over there, get your iHeartMedia app so you can stream the audio wherever you happened to, including Nigeria. As I found out this morning, my Nigerian friend called in he's back from Nigeria and he's actually got people listening to me over there. I thought that was the coolest thing so as far as Nigeria, and good morning to Nigerian friends who are tuning in through the fifty five kr SE dot com website where you can stream the audio or from the iHeartMedia app get your smither event there from yesterday Christopher smithvan about City of Cincinnati violence, which is one of the things we talked about with Linda Matthews this morning as well, and of course my discussion with Linda Matthews right there, along with my conversation with Joe Paulock from Breitbart. So I hope you're tune in Tom to hear the judge among other guests Joe. Hopefully we'll have lined up Joe Strekker. Thank you for everything you do to keep the show going this morning and every morning. Of course, credit to you. Without you wouldn't go at all. Folks, have a wonderful day, Stay cool and don't go away because Glenn Beck's next news happens fast. Stay up to date.
Speaker 6: At the top of the hour, moving very quickly fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report