Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBZ Boston's news radio Home.
Speaker 2: Or do you believe that Vice President Kamala Harris is only on the ticket because she is a black woman.
Speaker 3: Well, I can say no. I think it's maybe a little bit different. So I've known her a long time, indirectly, not directly very much, and she was always of Indian heritage, and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn't know she was black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn black. And now she wants to be known as black. So I don't know. Is she Indian or is she black?
Speaker 2: She is always black college.
Speaker 3: I respect either one, but she obviously doesn't because she was Indian all the way and then all of a sudden she made a turn and she went she became a black.
Speaker 4: Just to be clear, sir, I think somebody should look into that too.
Speaker 3: When you ask a continue in a very hostile, nasty town.
Speaker 5: Well, Donald, I do hope you'll reconsider to meet me on the debate stage, because, as the saying goes, if you've got something to say.
Speaker 4: It's getting good. Woo baby, is it getting good? I don't know. Maybe I'm fired up. I just got back from Vegas. We're gonna I'm gonna talk about that coming up here on WBC's Night Side. I'm feeling a little crazy. I'm feeling a little snake eyes baby. It's Friday night. Rob's behind the glass. We're ready to rock and roll. Rob By the way. I'm Gary Tagway for Dan Rade. This is a nice side, Rob. I want you to start. Can we do the Trump thing again? And I got to listen to this again? Just run.
Speaker 2: Do you believe that Vice President Kamala Harris is only on the ticket because she is a black woman?
Speaker 3: Well, I can say no. I think it's maybe a little bit different. So I've known her a long time, indirectly, not directly very much.
Speaker 4: Okay, stop that. What the hell does that mean? What the hell does that mean? If you follow California politics, I've known her indirectly too. What do you mean indirectly? What is this? The six degrees of separation with Kamala Harris? What does that mean? All right? Go ahead, Rob, please, you can play the rest.
Speaker 2: Well Harris is only on the ticket because she is a black woman.
Speaker 3: Well I can say no. I think it's maybe a little bit different. So I've known her a long time, indirectly, not directly very much, and she was always of Indian heritage, and she was only promoting Indian heritage. I didn't know she was black until a number of years ago when she happened to turn black. And now she wants to be known as black. So I don't know is she Indian or is she blacky?
Speaker 4: Stop it, stop and stop and stop it. That's beyond fight. How stupid does he sound? How stupid does this man sound? And the problem is people, if, oh my god, he's going to talk himself out of the race. He has completely talked himself out of the race already, and his listen, man, his number two is not helping him, that is for sure. All Trump has to do is shut up because he already has his people. He already has his people, and you know what, he may get a few more if he just kept his mouth shut. There may be some There may be some moderates that go, you know what, some moderates with money, some moderates with money that go, boy. I don't know about Vice President Harrison. She doesn't have the experience. President Trump has been in the White House. He's been there. He may benefit my tax bracket. I'm economically conservative, socially liberal, but I'll go with my pocket book, so go with him because I don't trust her economically. That's how he would win. Every time he and his running mate open their mouth, people go, oh my god. People who are on the fence. People who are on the fence, not people who already believe in Trump. You guys are already there. That's fine. I respect you. You have your right to vote. You have every right to vote for who you want to. I'm not going to tell you you're wrong. I'm just telling you how I feel. But he's got his people, and he was killing Biden, and now their neck and neck. And don't forget about the brats. I told you about the brats. The eighteen to twenty one year olds who weren't involved in polls and probably didn't even consider voting because of what's happening on social media and TikTok and all that will probably vote for Vice President Harris. Harris because they think she's which is kind of cool and messy and edgy, one of them. They won't know anything about the policies or the facts, they'll just like her because she's Brat. So the new people, the new voters, or the people who are on the fence, are probably going to go to Harris because Trump keeps saying stuff like this. You're not going to change the mind of a Trump voter. That's fine, I respect your opinion. Great, but he's killing himself. He can't keep his mouth shut. Now. She may still mess up, she can screw up, she can say something. If I'm Trump's people and you can't do it, you can't control the guy. It's like, let her make the mistake. Let her make the mistake, be a kinder, gentler Trump, and you would get the moderate vote. He really would. He would get the moderate vote with money because people wouldn't trust her experiences. But he keeps talking about things like this, and Jade Vance talks about you know, you know, parent cat women, you know people who don't have kids. I mean, look, I have I have kids. I but and I I've never really thought about not having kids. Well, I guess some days when they drive me crazy. But you know, I've never judged anybody who doesn't have kids, but now I think they're I've never really thought about it. I sit there and I look at a guy like Jade Vance, I go, what are you talking about the cat women out there who have cats instead of kids? That they're that they're what Secondary says, Anyways, I don't think. I don't think vice president the vice president really matters. We will probably get into that later on. I really don't. I don't think the vice president matters. It's now they talk about Shapiro. They start in Pennsylvania, she starts her her big tour. I guess at Pennsylvania, which is Shapiro state. And he's got a sixty plus positive vity rate approve of rating. But he's Jewish? So is that going to be a problem? So now you know? Then Trump goes out and basically say, and I'm paraphrasing said, I'm not gonna say it because I'm not going to paraphrase. I have to look up the quote exactly. I just I had a brain cramp. So I'm not going to go there. I'm not going to screw that up. I'm not I'm going to say exactly what he said. But will that hurt her if she has a Jewish present? God? I hope not. My God, I hope we're beyond that. I you know, to me, we're all Americans. I'm sorry. I don't mean to get you. We are Trump's an American, Shapiro's an American, Harris is an American. You were born here, You're an American. We all have various heritages, okay, we do, but we were all born here. We're all Americans. I'm tired of this. I hate that. Oh my god, I hate that. I hate that. She's any and she's African American, he's Jewish. We're Americans. We were born here, we live here, we pay our taxes. These people want to govern here. Cut the crap with that. Period. But if Donald keeps if President Trump keeps talking, He's going to talk himself right out of this election. He really is. He may be forced a debater. He may be forced a debater. I have some thoughts, by the way, and I got some more stuff on Harris. Then I gotta tell you about my quick trip to Vegas, Baby Vegas, Vegas. I'ment crazy in Vegas. You wouldn't believe how much money I lost in Vegas. I will tell you coming up. And another thought in the presidential election eight thirty, we do Olympics with my old buddy Trendy Kuznarek nine o'clock. Rich Kimball, educator and broadcaster in the Youth of America. A documentary Unseen Innocents, an innocent man convicted. We'll discuss that and our buddy Am Metler, he's the only moderate in California. We'll join us at eleven right here on wz's Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Night Side Studios.
Speaker 4: I'm WBZ News Radio Garry Taguay for day tonight to Friday night. I'm back from Vegas. I'm feeling a little crazy of just warning you. That's all. I'm just warning you, Okay, I could get a little nuts now. Well, I don't really have a horse in the race. I gotta be honest with there. With the presidency, I've told you that it's I just can't. I just can't vote for President Trump again because of the things he says and because of what happened on January sixth. You know, you can make arguments about the economy, you can make arguments, but taxes, conservatives, on and on and on and on. I have no idea if Kamala Harris will be a good president. I have no clue. I really don't. I don't know, don't know, you know, but I did want to see something happen at the Democratic convention. So we got word today that she's in. She's got the nod. There will be no competition, and we knew that, but I thought it would be fun to have a good old fashioned party, you know, let's everybody throw their hat another ring, make the decision. Then at the convention the way it's supposed to be, as opposed to a four day infomercial, A complete waste of money. And you guys know how I feel about that, that the money should be used to feed the hungry, in the poor, or give it to veterans in need, you know. But the Republican convention, the money that was spent on that, my god, Hey, Republics, give it to veterans. Take don't have the convention. Just have Donald Trump make an acceptance speech, say thank you very much, great and give them money to veterans. And you know what, he'd probably win if you did that same thing with Democrats. You know, Kamala is in, why are we going to have this party? Why are we going to have this convention? I wanted to see Shapiro debater I wanted to see something going on. The guy from Kentucky, What about the guy from Arizona and so forth, Let's have some fun. Nope, nope, nope, no, and do not. And I've had this argument with everybody. I understand, I'm the lone wolf. Do not tell me that you needed to make a decision right away so she could catch up to Trump. She caught up to Trump in daze. In days they made the call boom. Because of the way we communicate, because of the way we are accustomed to social media, you could you could have a candidate jump in the race a week ahead of time and make a run because we have the attention span of a p that's it. If you get a candidate and if you said, okay, I want you to run twelve seconds before somebody votes, you might get in because that's their attention span. So you could have had a good old fashioned knockdown, drag out fight at the Democratic Convention, which would have been awesome. You know, some name calling, some good debates ideas, and at the end everybody comes together in hugs, group hugging. They go get say we're gonna go get Trump. Nope, nope, We're gonna be like the Republicans and just waste a bunch of money and have a coronation for the person we already know we're gonna try to get into the White House. A complete The conventions are a complete waste of money as far as I'm concerning. Look, if you're the Democrats, all your new voters are coming from TikTok. Do you think the brats are gonna watch the Democratic Convention? They're all watching TikTok. That's how the TikTok, I'm not I'm not kidding, TikTok could determine your next president. Think about that. People, All right, rob let's roll the King. I'm not a big Vegas guy. A lot of people are. I've been to Vegas twice in my life, and the first time was to cover of Johnny Roweis fight Johnny Riggs, the great local fighter, good Man, Norman Stone, his whole crew. It was a great run, man, great run. Local guys won the championship, had some fights against holy Field. It was a great, great time to be a sportscaster to carry those guys. But I got stuck out there. We got stranded in there because of a snowstorm. Back here. We couldn't get in. I don't gamble, so I got a little tired of it. But a friend of my Tory Champagne, who is going to be a guest on the show later on in September when he has the time, because he's been in Vegas. He's out there hanging with the big people. He's a local guy who's done very well, and he directed a movie called Rhythm Masters. It's gonna be on ESPN coming up in the middle of the month. I've not Tory for a long time. He used to work with him at Comcast NBC Sports Boston. Now he's down at ESPN, so he has this assignment. He has to work with Mickey Hart, one of the drummers are the Grateful Dead, who has this theory about the rhythm of sports and how the rhythm of sports and the rhythm and life are all intertwined. He who knows the rhythm, who excuse me, Almer Fudd, He knows the rhythm, knows the world. So Mickey Hart did this documentary Toy directed about the connection between rhythm and sports, and he talks to a ton of great people and he makes a very good point. Some of the athletes get very deep and they talk about rhythm and they talk about being in the zone, and it's just entertaining as hell because you know, here you have Mickey Hart is eighty year old, grateful dead drummer who is still going strong talking about how he loves sports and interviewing all these athletes like Joe Montana, Bob Coosey. Bob Coosey's on the same page as the grateful dad saying absolutely there is a rhythm in music and a rhythm in sports, and they are intertwined. So it's great stuff. Shout out to Tom Forcello, director of photography, who did a terrific job Southia Kid. He Dave Lynch, the editor. So we're gonna talk to Tory about that coming up with September, So keep an eye on that. That's coming out in mid August on ESPN. So that was that's the reason I went out to to see this. So I took my son. My son has a stash that is yep, he's nineteen years old and it's a porn stash. I'm like, what are you doing with that? He goes, Dad, They're in now. I'm told mustachers are coming back. He looks like that guy on a Reno nine to one one, you know, with the mustache and he's sporting stash and I guess I'm told stashes are coming back. I think he wants to try to look twenty one, you know, but I haven't really, you know, pinned him on that one. And so we went out. And I will say this as a parent, if you have the opportunity to do something with your kids before they leave the nest, and it doesn't have to be a trip to Vegas. It could be a trip to the beach. It could be a day trip in the Boston, it could be where you're both adults, and maybe you have multiple kids, try to do it with each one of them. It's great because as we went on this adventure together, our relationship has completely done a oneint eighty. I am no longer leading him. He's leading me. Let's go do the slots. So I'm like, I don't do this. He does the slots. He throws in a ten. We're doing the slots. We're up. We're up. We got thirty. Hey, listen to high rollers. We're up to thirty, and we go back down to twenty. Then we're back up to thirty five, and then we get all the way to fifteen and he learns. He leads to me and he says, look, he said, if we get to one hundred, will cash out. I said, okay, I'm in. We lost it all. We lost the fifty bucks. But like for that one hour, we just had a blast, had a blast. And I was out there with my buddy. I wasn't. I mean, I was with my son. But you know, he's nineteen going on twenty years old, college all that stuff. He's leading the way. Let's go do this, Let's go do that, Let's check this out. Let's go to Top Golf, which is great here. We know Top Golf's great in the Boston area, but the one on Vegas, holy cow. They got a swim pool and everything. I might it's fantastic. The sphere is crazy with a grateful dead or player. But we decided to do the Top Golf. It was a court trip instead of the spear and we just walked the strip. The thing about Vegas is if you walk around and you do the people watching, it is amazing. Yes, Rob, I got propositioned by a hooker. I did. It might have been my good looks. I don't know, but I was walking back to my room and she must have been desperate or something. She said, hey, babe, hey baby, I was with my son. He laughed his ass off. Hey babe, I'm like, yes, how can I help you? I said, I'm going to enjoy this. I'm I'm obviously I'm not going to partake in this. I'm too cheap and oh, by the way, I'm a happily married man and it's just not my thing. But she put on the she put on the hard cell. And as a guy who's raised three kids and you know, as a family, and you know, when you're the dad, you're kind of the last on the line. You know, you're the you gotta you're the dad and the mom. You take care of everybody else. But if somebody compliments you or just insinuates, they'd like to do something with you, even though it's totally for commerce and my looks have nothing to do with it. For ten seconds, it's an ego boost. And then I think when she actually she came up, she was like, hey baby, hey baby, come on, come on. I think I started to run. I think, okay, let's run to the elevator. So those are my thoughts on what's going on with the presidential situation and why I wish there was a democratic convention because it would be a great party and our conventions a bit just basically a waste of money. But nobody listens to me. That's okay, Well, thank you for listening to me. And our trip to Vegas. Uh, just not into the gambling thing. Totally bored by it. Totally bored by it. And uh, I guess if you want to go, I'm maybe good for a couple of days, see a show, hett a good restaurant, get some sun, hit top golf, and come home. The Olympics. Oh my, the Olympics of Paris. What could have been These Olympics could have been in Boston. Yeah, probably not. There is something about the Olympic Games being in a European city that I find very romantic. Triny because Erik, I Goo, sorry Trenny and Sean he Trenny Casey from NBC Sports, it's gonna join us. She's coming up. We're gonna get her thoughts because Trenning is also a major advocate from mental health and I wanted to talk to her about Simone Biles and also Sue to Lee. It was come back from a physical I mean talk about the comeback kids. Amazing, amazing, amazing role models, teaching young people, teaching all of us how to face adversity. We will talk to Trenny and the Olympics coming up next right here on.
Speaker 1: WBZ it's Nightside with Dan Ray on wb Boston's news radio.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, Gary Tangway for Dan Ray tonight and on Night Side. So we covered what's going on in the president presidential race. I talked to you about what's going on in Vegas with the guys trip. Let's find out what's going on with the Olympics. Right now, Trenny Casey is joining us, my whole partner from NBC Sports Boston and now at NBC Sports. Trenny, thank you for joining us. I know you're exhausted after such a long day.
Speaker 6: I have exhausted.
Speaker 4: Gary.
Speaker 6: I'm like I normally i'd be in bed by now, but I love you so here.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I appreciate Okay. So the reason I want to talk to you here is because what I think has happened with women gymnastics, not only it's amazing, but we have seen amazing things before, but particularly with Simone Biles and dealing with mental health. For her to be on top, and then we saw what happened in the prior Olympics and really struggle and come back like this, It's unprecedented. I've never seen an athlete do this.
Speaker 6: No, And it's like one thing to come back and to compete, but it's another to come back and completely dominate again. I mean that to me is what's so impressive. I think it's easy, like not easy, but it would it would have been, I think easy for her to walk away. She's twenty seven years old. I mean she nicknamed the team the other day the Golden Girls, a play on that you know show he loved back in the day.
Speaker 4: Here, Yo, thank you very much, Rue McClanahan, Betty.
Speaker 6: White, b arthurglek Hey, it's a great show and you can still watch it and rerun and it's awesome and I will stand by it. It's one of the best shows ever. But you know she did. It's a play on words because they are golden because they won gold again, but they're also old. They are they are you know, her and Sunny Lee and Jade Carrey they're all, you know, Jordan Childs, They're all in their twenties and she's twenty seven years old. It would have been really easy for her to just walk away, but she felt like she wanted to compete again and so for her to get over and I was, you know, I was just watching like a Netflix Netflix preview of her documentary. I mean, the twisties are no joke. It's something where you completely lose track of where you are in the air. It's scary. And for her to overcome that and do the work that she needed to do to get back into the headspace to come and do some of the toughest things anyone's ever done in gymnastics. I mean, I don't know how you call her anything but the the greatest of all time.
Speaker 4: When I have watched her during these Olympics and I think she's better than listen, I don't I don't know. I don't know anything about gymnastics. I mean, but she seems to be. I don't know if she's ever been at this level where people are watching her and they're like, no one's got a shot, Like everybody's just kind of like she's gonna win it. I mean, I don't forget about it. It's it. She's at a level now that I don't think she's ever been at.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and think of like the attention that's on her and the pressure that is on her to perform at that level and then to keep exceeding even the levels that people know you can hit and exceed those expectations like that takes a special athlete, and it takes someone who really, you know, can block out the noise. Because if you, I mean, I'm sure you remember when she pulled out of a Tokyo Olympic. There were people who chastised her for it that she you know, left her teammates and the lurch and she wasn't a good teammate, and you know, she hurt their chances of winning gold, which they did. They didn't win gold was out here they were were they were the silver medalists in Tokyo, not the gold medalists, and the team competition, you know, calling herselfish and saying she was making it up and she just didn't want to be there anymore. I mean, that's a lot to handle as a twenty something and to push that all just off to the side and come back and lead your team back to Gold and to do it a little bit of I mean, I don't know how much you're on social media anymore.
Speaker 4: There, but like I try to avoid it.
Speaker 6: I know it's not it's not the greatest place on planet Earth. But she's been pretty chippy with people, you know, like just kind of sticking at like MICHAELA. Skinner, who was a former gymnast who competed. I'm forgetting that might have been a Rio, not Tokyo. She kind of took Team USA to task, saying they didn't work very hard, they were kind of lazy and all this stuff. And so if you go on some moans Instagram, she has like a post of them all with their metals or like with the flags or something, and she was like lazy, you know, untalented group wins Gold. So she's been throwing some shade at people who are, you know, talking negatively about her and this team, and I think she has the confidence to do that, and she obviously is performing enough to back it up.
Speaker 4: I don't know why anybody would talk trash about this group. I don't understand. I know, I don't get any And the other one is Lideki.
Speaker 6: You know what it is. You're jealousy, Garrett, I.
Speaker 4: Guess I don't know. It's it's such a waste of energy. But like a ladeki, you know, she gets in the pool for her race and I it's likes like a wide bother. I mean not even close.
Speaker 6: Oh, in the fifteen hundred, yeah, I mean she's aliable in the fifteen hundred, and every time she wins, she is so far ahead of everybody else in the pool. In the fifteen hundred, she has come back down to earth and somebody, I'm very I can't wait to watch her do the eight hundred tomorrow. I think it's tomorrow because that's another another distance that she dominated him. But like Summer Macintosh and the young woman from Australia whose name is escaving me right now, they've sort of caught paste with her a little bit in some things.
Speaker 3: But like.
Speaker 6: The other day when she raised the fifteen hundred heat and she finished seventeen seconds in front of like the nearest competitor, and then she went out the next that night in one gold in that event, somebody was trying to put it into perspective about how much she beats her the other competitors by and then I think about like when Tiger Woods won the US Opened by like twenty some strokes. He did that, you know, once in his career, twice in his career, Tom Brady winning a super Bowl, like he brought teams back and he won a lot of super Bowls, or Michael Jordan's, but they sort of had a claw their way. Imagine winning one event over and over and over again and not even being close to than anyone else. Yeah, the only dominant.
Speaker 4: Right right, the only it's a good point, the only maybe Tiger, like you mentioned the opener, Augusta, maybe everybody else forgets doesn't come close.
Speaker 6: But like, think about even Tiger doing that, you know, like, how what did you win twenty majors or eighteen majors? I forget what he ended up blanding on. But so out of those we'll call it twenty. Out of those twenty if three of them were by a massive margin, and the other ones were tight, and some were in a playoffs, like he still had people who would be close and push him at the end, Like she's beating everybody by so much and no one's even pushing her.
Speaker 4: Do you think athletes, do you think that what was she now and we saw it with Phelps. Felts did like four Olympics, right, I think he did four.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I think he started in oh Wait and Beijing, if I remember correctly all together.
Speaker 4: By the way, did I tell you I met Michael Phelps at the garden one night?
Speaker 6: No, he's never the garden.
Speaker 4: He was about, you know, in the back of the hallway there where the locker rooms used to be where. And then he had his hat like on crooked you know how they used to wear it like in an angle. And because he's got the long torso. But he's not as tall as you think. But he's got the long torso, so I thought he'd be taller. He's like, hey, man, and I was like, hey about it? Yeah, come on, he knew me, he knew my name. I didn't. I didn't have to. Yeah anyways, but uh, but it seems that longevity is in play where prior to this, maybe in certain sports like gymnastics and so forth, if you were twenty two, you were done. I don't know if that's the case.
Speaker 6: I feel like it's it's like unheard of what she that's the other thing, like circling it back to someone Bios like twenty seven, twenty seven years old. That did used to be ancient. And actually, I you know, I have heard a lot of arguments being made. I think they're solid ones that this is the better way to do it. That you know, now you're giving these young women an opportunity to go to college, can become adult and still compete at a high level. Sure, and you know, and not like Hensley Rivera who was on the on the USA team, but she didn't didn't really participate. She faced with like she's like an alternate. She's only seventeen years old, and she wasn't she didn't play a factor at all. She didn't she you know, didn't factor into them winning the team gold at all. But now you think about it, in four years, she'll be twenty one, and you know, and she'll have an opportunity. She has an opportunity to grow and mature and become you know, mentally stronger and a better competitor.
Speaker 4: So what else do you like about the Olympics. I mean, we got the men's basketball team and we knew they'd wake up. And you know, poor Jason Tatum had to sit on the bench all Well, he'll get over it.
Speaker 6: He'll get over it. I mean, see her is just mad, right that they beat him so badly, and.
Speaker 4: They well, he's got a tough problem. I mean he's got he can only play so many guys and he does not want to be the guy.
Speaker 6: I don't buy into the conspiracy theories. I just think that he's going to be good guys and you needed to sit somebody so.
Speaker 4: And beat that the next game, it's going to happen, you know, get over it.
Speaker 6: Guys are gonna sit Everybody calm down. It's okay. They're like they're like a super team. I love feeling. I mean, I love the land. And this has been a fun assignment for me because in the past, as you know, I've always been at a venue, so like the previous two Summer Olympics that I covered, I was the tennis reporter, right and now I'm in studio, so I'm watching like I'm watching like I got super indefensing because we had the women in spoil. I didn't even know. I didn't even know that we're like three different parts of fencing. There's epa, foil, and saber and they have like slightly different rules and slightly different little sword thingies. I alad don't know that much ABOUTMS calling them sword thingies. And we had the women's team final on yesterday on e which was it was on during my anchoring shift, and the women won gold and it was the first time in one hundred and twenty years that any US fencing team, men's or women's won gold. And I was like tearing up watching it. I was like so into it. I couldn't believe that I was in. Like men's skateboarding was really exciting today. The men's ten thousand meter Grant Fisher hung there with the Ethiopians the entire time and then he had unbelievable kick at the end to get a bronze medal, only like the second guy in the last fifty six years to win any medal of any kind in the ten thousand meters has been dominated by the Africans as of late. Like there's just so many cool stories. I mean women's rugby. Have you held like women's USA women's rugby, who took bronz Aylona Mar, I am not okay, Like look up Ilonamar when when you go to your commercial break, look up Alona I l O n a mar m A h t r. She is like this six foot tall, two hundred pound athlete and her social media presence is hysterical. She's funny in there. She's an unbelievable athlete. And so USA Rugby, you know, the women makes the bronze medal game against Australia, who many thought had a chance to like maybe even be a gold medal contender this year, and they shock them and they win on this unbelievable play at the end of regulation. They win the first ever medal in USA rugby history for men's or women's sevens. And then they get a four million dollar donation from a Michelle Kang who's like a philanthropist and a sports investor to help grow the sport. Like it's just stories like that or like this. I think it's she's a shot putter for Team USA who couldn't make her rent and she puts something on Twitter and somebody swept tagged flavor flav in it and Serena Williams's husband, the guy who started read it and they paid her flip and rent for the year.
Speaker 4: It's awesome.
Speaker 6: It's just that's cool about the Olympics. It's just all these really great stories and like you, like, I think we have badminton on our air tomorrow, Like I'll probably watch it and get into some badminton tomorrow because it will be fun.
Speaker 4: A final question, did what did you think about that controversy with the Algerian boxer? Is it a main khalif?
Speaker 6: Okay, so this is a controversial take, but it should never have happened, Like we need to. I'm all for allowing people to be who they want to be, and you know, I want everyone to be able to participate in sports, but not at the expense expense of someone else, and when there's that big of a physical difference. Uh right, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, I think it's the opposite.
Speaker 4: Oh because okay, we'll film me. Okay because okay, no, I hear.
Speaker 6: So there just needs to be maybe we need to find a way to be inclusive without you know, without without having it be unfair because there are physical differences between the genders, right and I and I think that it's a very complicated.
Speaker 4: Spot.
Speaker 6: No, it's very fraught, and I know people have very strong opinions about it, but I think there needs to be some real thought about solutions of how we can make sure everyone is included and everyone has a fair shot.
Speaker 4: So did you ever think you'd be on the same network as the Kardashians.
Speaker 6: No dream come true.
Speaker 4: Trendy, I miss you. Keep up the good work, Keep up the good work.
Speaker 6: All right, make sure you watch this weekend Gary. Since you just signed out today that I was doing this, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: I have not. I got to tell you. Listen, since I left or whatever, I have been so off the grid, and but I will do my back. I will. I will get on.
Speaker 6: I will get on, you know, like you know, sit at home with the kids in munch. I'll be on AM eleven to six, the NBC, give it, give it a let's see.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll be looking c NBC tomorrow eleven assist with Trenny Casey. We'll see. Thanks thanks for coming on.
Speaker 6: We'll say bye, all right.
Speaker 4: Trendy Casey one of the good ones. Also co hosting Sports Tonight. I think that's what they still call that show where I used to work. Right anyways, coming up at nine o'clock right here, educating our youth, Rich Kimball. This fascinates me what we should be doing with our young people on education. I have so many thoughts and I always have so many questions. It's just an insurmountable topic for me. We will revisit it at nine o'clock right here on WBC.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Way Live from the Window World Light Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 4: Welcome back, special thanks to Turning for joining us here on WBZ. She's doing great work with NBC, and catch her one tomorrow. Because there are so many different avenues you can watch the Olympics now, whether NBC is ce NBC, NBC, there's that online CNBC. But it's always great to see Trenny doing some stuff with the Olympics. And I'm always I have the same feeling with the Olympics every time. I never get excited until they're actually on TV. And I can't tell you I don't sit there and I watch a wall to wall. I don't. But I think what some you know, what some mobiles has done is amazing at the age of twenty seven. And I do think it would be nice if some of these athletes were a little bit older when they competed, because I think mentally they would be able to handle the situation. I think it's tough, you're nineteen twenty twenty one years old. That's hard, man, and in your career potentially over at twenty two. That sucks. That sucks. I mean she's changing the game. You know, she has changed the game. And also soon he lead to coming back from kidney disease. What she's done. And even you know, we talk about Michael Phelps too, which has been a big advocate for mental health. The poor guy, oh my god, he got caught smoking marijuana. You know where his life had been in the pool since like the age of ten, just every day boom boom boom in the stress of it all. And yes, it's worth it, because he's the greatest swimmer in history, right, I mean while he and Leadecki, I'm not smart enough to tell you which one's better. But it's very tough. It's very hard mentally to keep that up and maintain that, and I think it's easy to forget that and the way some own Biles has come back and rallied after winch she went through she could not continue, She could not continue. In the prior Olympics, State's lost gold. She took a lot of crap, and man, she is shoving it right back down your throat. She has come back with a vengeance. I mean, that's a role model right there facing adversity. Generally people don't come back like that in the Olympic Games hard, you know. I mean, you can come back from an injury when you're playing a team sport, or even look at Tiger Woods. Tiger Woods has never been the same since that whole mess went down, never been the same. No, She's done it. It's I mean, it is nothing short of sensational in my opinion, it really is. I think it's absolutely incredible. Coming up later on the program here got to talk to a Rich kimberl in educating our youth and the gen Z getting a bad rap for how the approach work, including me, I have been on their ass. Rich has a different point of view, so I look forward to talking to him about that. This is an amazing story documentary coming out on this Unseen Innocent, Unseen Innocence, excuse me, a documentary about the wrong for murder conviction of Lionel Ray Ray Williams said us to fifty one years in prison in nineteen seventy nine for Stalminio's murder. So we'll talk to the film director Will hear from Ray Ray himself fifty one years convicted, and as you will see, I mean, it's amazing that the guy. I don't know how, I don't know how this guy got put in jail. Well I do know how, and it's quite disturbing, to be quite honest with you. And we'll talk to Sam Metler again. As I mentioned before, Sammy is a Hollywood writer, producer, political analyst. This guy, he's the most conservative dude I know in California, next to Arnold Towardzena. So that's why. And he's out there. He is in it. I mean, he is in Hollywood. He has to deal with all the liberals in Hollywood.