Speaker 1: It's Game two of the NLCS Dodgers and Mets, and we're joined right now by a man that helped the Dodgers get some good mojo, good karma to beat the Padres in Game five. That's number five. No Mare, garciapara, No mar, I feel like you earned your playoffs share already.
Speaker 2: I was joking with the guys on set and I said, that was the first time I ever realized how critical the ceremonial first pitch was to victories. And then we were joking around and they were laughing, but I had no part of it.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: I mean, how fun is it watching this Dodger team. They are incredible To watch the word fight Dave Roberts, who is quite often, but it is so fitting. I think they showed that it's one thing to say it, but it's another thing to see it. I think the Dodger fans have all seen that so far, and we're excited because that's exactly what it's going to take. And they have been so entertaining and we should all continue to be supportive of them, and they're they're taking us on an incredible journey right now.
Speaker 1: No mar I thought about you last night. You must have loved the fact the Dodgers scored nine runs without hitting a home run and there were two sacrifice bunts in the.
Speaker 2: Game, Dave, I was so excited. I'm not gonna lie on my way over here today. I was actually talking with my wife. We were talking and she's traveling. We were talking about the game, and I said, first of all, what an amazing pitching performance. I mean, just incredible by Flaarty, Just so fun to watch, so in control of the poise, the execution was really a joy to watch. And I said, then from the offensive side, that was just baseball. It was just an unbelievably well played baseball game by the Dodgers, defensively doing all the defensively pitching wise. And then from the offense side, I said, the sack bunts, recognizing how important ninety feet the clutch hits that they had. I said, everything about it. And then it was a quality at bat after quality at bat, every single inning, trying to find a way to maybe score at least one run. I mean, it was a great game to watch.
Speaker 1: What do you expect today a day game? Manai has been pretty good. Do you expect that this is going to go as perfectly as it did for the Dodgers in Game four against the Padres.
Speaker 2: We all hope I can't ever doubt these Dodgers again, because trust me, I was. I admit, yeah, there was even in Game five, I was questioning some of their decisions as far as you know yamamotas starting with either best choice based on the numbers and based on his what history over the course of this season against the Padres. But man, he silenced all those critics, which was great to see. You know, having a bullpen game, you're going, Okay, you better hope every single guy coming out of there. They did an unbelievable job. So I don't I can't doubt him anymore. There's no nor should anybody. Right, Well, we wait and see how it happens. But these guys are focused, and we've seen that over the course of this last series, and I hope that continues today. And I think these guys are pulling for each other no matter if somebody get in trouble, they're going to try to find a way to pick each other up and continue to fight.
Speaker 1: I've got to point out that Nomar Garciapara gets overlooked in a lot of different ways about how great of a player he was in his place in baseball history. Nomar was a three twenty one lifetime playoff hitter. That's a playoff performer. What does it take Nomar to be able to rise to the occasion on this stage.
Speaker 2: It's funny that you say rise. The reason why I say that and because I used to say this to my team all the time. They go, no more to the playoffs. They said, you don't need to rise to anything. I said, you don't have to be I always say, you don't have to be extraordinary in the playoffs. You already are extraordinary. Just be your ordinary self, I said, just be yourself because we're already here. The reason you get to this point, the reason you have played one hundred and sixty two. You already recognize that one of the best teams around. After one hundred and sixty two. It's kind of hard to hide that right after that many games. So what do we have to do even more than that? No, we got to be our ordinary selves and recognize that and to be able to be in that control. And for me personally, I think I had a lot of success in the postseason, so I thought it was so much fun. Like sees show. Hey, his smile, I'm like, man, he's all right, because that's what you're supposed to be doing. I still smile this. People ask me, do I miss playing? I don't when it's postseason. Now I miss it. This there's nothing like the postseason. It is so much fun. I still smiling from ear to ear. And that was my mentality, because you know what, what didn't matter for you for four or four for four? It really doesn't matter. It doesn't matter whether I went three twenty one. It doesn't matter did we win that day? What did I do? Did I move the runner over? We heard about ninety feet? Does matter in the postseason? Fo Dave Roberts trying to said, we've been saying this all along. You can throw all the analytics, all that, you know, when you have a lot of big data, big data sample, okay, you can make some decisions, some influence, but playoffs isn't about the major data. It's about recognizing the moment and recognizing how ninety feet. Sometimes it's that I had a friend who told me she goes, she goes. It's really the competition for second base. I'm like, man, what an unbelievable quote and unbelievable observation. As we're discussing about this game and the intricacies and the importance, I'm like, yeah, a battle for second base is a great way to put it, because ninety feet matters, and how that impacts emotionally, the pressure everything about it, from uplifting if you're trying to knock that guy in to the pressure on the opposing picture. There's a lot of little nuances, and I thought in yesterday's game we saw that come into play. I think that's what made me so excited, because there were so many other things that came into play in yesterday's game that the Dodgers did right. So to me, for the postseason, you have to be focused, but most important, you just have to enjoy it, embrace it, and know that everything you did, everything you have done to this point, was to be in this moment.
Speaker 1: No, Mar, as long as I'm here, nobody will forget how great you were. I know the fans in Boston that Boston media shortchanged you, but you were one of the greatest shortstops and greatest hitters that this game has ever seen. And you did it in the playoffs too, So thank you. And I don't take this for granted being with you.
Speaker 2: Oh, I appreciate David. Listen. I didn't do that for any recognition. Listen. I'm so lucky, blessed to be able to play this game. I'm so lucky and blessed to continue to be able to talk about this beautiful game. And I'm here and I'm at home, and I'm surrounded by amazing people. I'm part of an amazing organization. I mean, nobody needs to tell me I appreciate it. Nobody needs to say or anything like that. I don't need any of that. I just am lucky. I'm fortunate to be a part, a small part of this game that I'm so happy that it'll continue on and it's going to continue on, and that's what makes it so beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's why Nomar is so great. Siempre suave from Wittier. Thanks Nomar, you got it.
Speaker 2: They've always good to talk to you there.
Speaker 1: He is one of the best players in baseball history. Nomar Garciapara. You'll see him on sports Net. Laugh of the World Series. I said it