Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped tough.
Speaker 2: News, need advice when you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come, run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martine.
Speaker 5: Hello, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Here to help you do what solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier.
Speaker 6: That's what we do each and every day.
Speaker 5: Forty five years, going strong, fifty years when you include other cities, and we love doing it. That's the important thing. Now I want to talk about a bike accident. I got my personal injury expert on and I will get him on right now, John Fuller to listen to this. And basically everyone has questions when they're injured out how they're injured. John will be happy to answer them. And Personal injuryco dot com is a great website to reach them at or to really find information. But John, let's let's listen to Nate. Okay, Nate, what's happening?
Speaker 7: Hey, Tom, So, I was on an electric bike and I cut through a parking lot that's on the corner of a major intersection, and I hit an object in the in the parking lot. There's a light pole that comes out a couple feet into the parking lot, and then they built this little rock wall around it, which is surrounded by a cement curb which seems unusually high, maybe a couple of inches. But it's in a really strange kind of place, it seems like. And I hit that, And.
Speaker 5: Now are you saying in a strange place? I need to know this? You cut through a parking lot, and John, there are a lot of principles I want to talk about in general on premises liability. By the way, John Fuller is our expert. We use all the time. Our number here three O three seven one three talk if you want to chime in, or three oh three Martino three O three six two seven eight four sixty six. So, Nate, you cut through a parking lot. Was this nuisance or hazard or whatever it was?
Speaker 6: Was it cloaked?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Was it right out there for everyone to see? Are you trying to I just need a straight answer. Are you trying to make the case that it was dangerous?
Speaker 7: That would be my position in the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yet, Okay, that's good.
Speaker 5: That's what I want to know. Now, why do you feel it's dangerous? And it is dangerous to a point where you or another cyclist could easily not see it.
Speaker 7: Yes, it's because so it's the same color as the rest of the parking lot. I'd have to say, there's no red or yellow. They didn't paint the curb a different color to make it stick out.
Speaker 5: And so when you hit the curb, When you hit the curb, what happened?
Speaker 9: So the bike.
Speaker 7: The curb was obviously too high for the bike to go over, and so that the bike just immediately hit the ground. And then I hit my knee and I completely obliterated my knee. I had to call an ambulance and everything.
Speaker 5: And how much injury do you have?
Speaker 7: Well, I had knee surgery last week, so I'm on crutches and all that stuff.
Speaker 6: Did your health insurance cover it?
Speaker 8: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 5: Did you talk to an attorney or anybody at the building?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: And I guess that's the rub. The building is a major a major, major player in the personal injury attorney.
Speaker 5: World, So well does he own the parking This major player own the parking lot?
Speaker 7: I would have to say, based on the size of the company, probably, but I don't know. I haven't looked into that.
Speaker 6: Well that's something. But let me say something, Nate.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter who owns the property unless it's a government When it comes to personal injury, that makes a bit of a difference if it's a government entity. But we got a lot of things going on here. First, I'm going to ask John, we have damages, then we have the occurrence. But I had said this, John, and I want you to correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm going to let you run with this. But just because something happens, it doesn't automatically equal negligence or liability.
Speaker 6: So I want to start there.
Speaker 5: And then I want you to ask questions and see John, if you feel there is any way that Nate would have any kind of acclaim. Go ahead, John, Okay.
Speaker 9: So, first off, whose parking lot was this?
Speaker 7: Do you want me to say the name of the law firm?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, Man, it's back at some shanker.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 9: So, first and foremost do they own the parking lot? That would be my question. And the reason why is that you know, in Colorado we have a non deligible duty that means that tenants don't. You know, you can't contract out of liability. So if I own the property and I lease it to that particular law firm or to any other person, I as the owner, still maintain responsibility for the condition of the property, even if there's a tenant or even a subtenant that ultimately has some responsibility as well. So the first step of any analysis is to figure out who exactly owns the property and that kind of stuff. The second step would be you as a trespasser or you know, at best, you weren't there to transact business, you weren't invited on the property, you weren't there.
Speaker 5: For any Does that make a difference, John.
Speaker 9: Warner, Absolutely, because your status on the property is what defines the duty that's owed to you by the landowner. Okay, so if you are there to transact business, that's the highest standard, and that's a new or should have known standard. If you're there as a licensee, which would be the next rung down, which is where you're there only for your own purposes, then the standard requires that they have actual knowledge of the dangerous condition, and that's a really difficult thing for you to prove that they knew not just about the actual you know, the actual you know, the format of the parking lot, but that it was a dangerous condition and that they you know, didn't do anything about it and stuff. But actual knowledge is a tough thing. But here's what I've seen in some other cases that I've had to not to handle hundreds of these cases, is that any deviation from the normal path that people are expected to take will sometimes result in a defense firm calling that a trespasser. That I mean, I've had it apply to even when a postal worker comes out of your house and cuts the corner across the lawn that that wasn't where they were designated to traverse, and therefore they were doing that on their own accord, and they were in effective trespasser. And that's the lowest, lowest standard of care. And so your status on the property absolutely dictates whether or not there's any hope of your recovering for this condition.
Speaker 6: Okay, so that's the first part.
Speaker 5: Right, So that looks like the pickens are swim right now for him, Well, it's not.
Speaker 9: A good starting place. You chose to cut across this parking lot on your own on the property, that is not for the public to traverse and and got injured, and so there has to be And in fact, in all of personal injury, there's always this looming issue of assuming the risk that when you take on a you know, when you choose to do something, you assume the risk that you may be injured in doing it. You know, an example may be running a red light or something. I mean, when you assume the risk, sometimes you lose and you have to bear some of the responsibility. So the comparative negligence issue in a premisis's liability case is great because a jorney will be asked to decide if if they think the landowner bears any responsibility, which I don't think is totally clear. They're also going to be asked to decide whether you should shoulder some of the responsibility by having cut the corner for your own benefit to do this little shortcut. So that's the other issue. To me, it sounds like, you know, it's something I wouldn't wish on anybody, but it sounds like something that's going to be incredibly difficult to prosecute under the Colorado Premis's Liability Act.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, now, Nate, if you ever want to talk off the air to John. It's three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred and John's got a lot of information at personal injuryco dot com. Hey, John, I got a few questions for you. Thank you Nate for calling. I mean, as I said, don't let ever a phone conversation dissuade you from getting legal advice. John, I'm gonna I'm gonna play a game with you here. It's called rank the the the the chances or the ease or the.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know, or the likelihood of collection on in general. Some things here premises liability, medical malpractice, trap accidents, product liability, or intentional torts. Intentional torts for those listening, someone walks up and punches you in the mouth. Okay, So what would you say of all of those, are the low hanging fruit the easiest to get, John?
Speaker 6: And I'm not saying that when you're easiest.
Speaker 5: I'm saying the easiest of those, providing you have everything in place.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 9: So the easiest, best likelihood of success is going to be your traffic accidents. The lowest likelihood of success is going to be your intentional torts, and the remainder of them are going to fall somewhere in the middle. I would say med MAU is probably you know, if you have a viable Medmouth case, then it's it's maybe fifty to fifty okay.
Speaker 6: Even with a viable case. Okay, got it.
Speaker 9: With a viable case. Yeah, I mean there's a lot of issues. There's many, many, many parties that tend to you know, get involved in a in a typical medmouth case, and you know, and so there's just a lot of variables in their product liabilities and the tough cases and it's the rare case that truly has the legs to you know, to to result in some sort of a you know, successful recovery and and you know, those are just tough cases. But I would say that the most streamlined would be a traffic accident. We have a presumption of liability in many cases where you know, for instance, if you're rear ended, the person that hits you from behind is presumptively at fault, and we're in a state where they require the at fault driver, although they don't always do it, there is a requirement that you know that people have insurance in their automobilevels, so you know, so you've got two out of the three main ingredients are in your favor. You know, an intentional tour, by contrast, is the worst because there's no way to ensure against an intentional act. So even if I had a gazillion dollars of liability coverage and I punch you in the face, there's not going to be any coverage for that because it was an intentional act and.
Speaker 6: It's hard to collect, is what you're saying, right.
Speaker 9: Or it couldn't be legal obligation of the insurie company to pay that.
Speaker 5: Got it John Fuller, by the way, and it's a personal injuryco dot com three oh three five nine seven forty five hundred more coming right up, Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 6: Eight two five five. Hey, Paul, the.
Speaker 5: Waterman has this extraordinary special and I'm telling you a special.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Normally a system for softening is thirty four hundred bucks a whole uh drinking water at the kitchen, saying triple filter reverse osmosis fourteen hundred. Now you get both for thirty one ninety five fully installed. I'm serious. It's the best opportunity ever. He has special incentives. Paul is at UH Waterpros dot net three O three eight six two five five five four.
Speaker 6: All right, Doc is on the phone now.
Speaker 5: And then we also have Excel Roofing with us in the house talking a little bit about roofing. But I want you to call about anything in the world. Plus I have things I want to talk about as well. Uh, Doc, what's going on? This is not Deputy Doc. This is someone called Doc. Hey Doc, what's happening?
Speaker 11: Good morning, Tom? Hey, this is what I've got. I want your take on this, Okay, man, Hey, how hey? How has been advertising this? The man who owns the company as Robert Shipley, The name of the company is Auto Value.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard the ad and I was I was curious about it because we have on the referral list Petty Details dot com or or diminished Value Experts. And when I heard these ads, I think, if they do what they say, that's a great service.
Speaker 11: Right now, I'm curious. So so his line, man, he'll give he gets you well diminished value after the accident the insurance company major vehicle, hopefully back to where it was before the accident. But you have diminished value.
Speaker 6: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 11: And so she claims that he can get you two to four thousand dollars within a two year window.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 5: Depending that's right. That's all true, depending on the loss. I mean, the facts of diminished value are all true. I am not sure how they work. What is their actual name?
Speaker 11: Auto Value Experts?
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, who's on the board today? Is this is Shannon or what are Rocky Dragon?
Speaker 6: Can you find their spot?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, give me a minute.
Speaker 5: I'd like to.
Speaker 6: Hear it on the air.
Speaker 5: I mean, I thought they sounded really good, and they sound a lot like Petty Details, But of course I haven't tried them out yet.
Speaker 6: So tell me what's going on doc. Have you used them?
Speaker 11: I haven't used them. I'm just curious about it.
Speaker 6: Let's get him on the air and ask him.
Speaker 11: He wants you to pay him four or fifty.
Speaker 6: Up trint Okay, yeah, he.
Speaker 11: Says, the insurance company is going to want to They're not going to pay you.
Speaker 5: They will not they will not volunteer. He's right, they will not volunteer diminished value.
Speaker 11: They want to negotiate.
Speaker 5: That's right, and it's better to have an expert. Now, I believe Mark is not signed on now, is he? But but I believe I have to drop in a few Oh, I'm sorry, great, Mark? Now, petty details chargers what five hundred?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: They do, but I don't know about this upfront part.
Speaker 5: And they're saying it can take up to two years.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 5: No, no, Mark, No, no, no. They don't say up to two years. They say you can reopen the claim up to two years.
Speaker 12: Got it.
Speaker 5: Now, here's what I want to ask you, Mark, Petty details. I believe does collect up if you decide to go to the paid route.
Speaker 6: You don't.
Speaker 5: But but I think you pay up front. You don't pay for the free advice they give you free advice.
Speaker 6: First, they do charge up front, Tom.
Speaker 5: Yes, so, but first the difference with petty details. They'll give you a first blush value of your diminished value free of charge, and they won't fight for you, but they'll give you an idea. Then if you decide to use them, you pay five hundred. So it's not unusual to pay a fee. Do I like fees up front?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: I don't, but I mean that's the way they do it now. I think the reason they do that is because once they get it, maybe some people forget to pay. Now, I would say this, if they get you zero, do you get a refund? I don't know. Let's ask auto value experts.
Speaker 6: I mean, let's hear their ad Do we have it still?
Speaker 12: Hunt it down?
Speaker 5: Hunting it down. Let's take this break and see what we can find it. Then we're going to talk to Greg about medical bill issues. And then I want to talk to Henry Brett's excel roofing on some of the issues UH coming up against the storm damage supplies, and I want to talk about Listen, it's not their main bread and butter, but it should be in my and not should be. But I think this attic ventilation thing is an amazing thing.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm not saying you call them just for that, although.
Speaker 5: I imagine maybe on the off season they can do that.
Speaker 6: The main deal is, if you're having.
Speaker 12: Your roof done, we'll take care of them. Yeah, give us a call.
Speaker 5: Really, okay, Yeah, roof ventilation is unbelievable.
Speaker 6: I'm serious. I want to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Attic ventilation different than the whole house thing, the whole house fan. By the way, I'm Tom Martine three three seven to one to three talk eight eight eight heating dot com speaking.
Speaker 6: Of energy efficiency.
Speaker 5: They specialize in high energy efficiency and free second opinions, and they do electrical and plumbing and they're great people. Tell them. Tom told you to call three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six eight eight eight heating dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot Com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three O three seven to one three talk Ah crap, I'm sorry, I just uh, I close my my call screener.
Speaker 6: There we are, by the way.
Speaker 5: Bretts is with us from Excel Roofing, and I'm going to Greg right now on the phone about medical issues. And then I want to tell you what I discovered about my attic because I was bragging about the whole house fan and I loved it and I still love it, but it was being choked by my attic and I didn't realize it. I was here, I am doing social spots on how to cool a home effectively, and in my own addict, I had issues that I did not realize. But we'll talk about that, because if you looked at it from the street, it looked like I had plenty of venting. But we'll talk about that and what Excel Roofing discovered. And they automatically do this check every time they.
Speaker 6: Do a roof, so we'll talk about that.
Speaker 5: Excelroofing Dot com But Greg, you first, what's happening, Greg?
Speaker 13: So, last year beginning of twenty twenty three, I got a Sea pat machine and Aarrowcare slash Major Medical slash Rocket, Mountain Medical slash adapt hell they go about.
Speaker 5: Four slash slash slash slash. Hey, by the way, Greg, let me just say this. I got it see PAP machine at one time because I was diagnosed with a sleep apnea. I still have some traits and symptoms of it. I stopped using machine. To be honest with you, I think it's probably one of the most prescribed and unused devices in the world.
Speaker 6: I then used a dental.
Speaker 5: Appliance that worked for a while, and the dentist stop supporting it. And I heard that what they called sleep dentistry was like is now hard to find if any because there was so much so called liability. And in fact, there were a lot of people on radio. Do you remember the one guy with a funny voice. He was talking about ze Mark exactly, And anyway, all I'm saying is this now, they never talked about sleep avenue, but they talked about storing, which is kind of an indication you might have apnea.
Speaker 6: And Greg, I'll let you get to your story.
Speaker 5: But the important thing about apnea, it truly is important to treat. It is truly important. Now I know that I have some symptoms and occurrences of apnea. I know that based on this feeling I get and this startled a wakeness I get from this when I stop breathing. But it's not anything like it was when I used to weigh. You know, one ninety two hundred pounds them right, you know, and I'm one sixty.
Speaker 6: Right now or one fifty five. Here's the thing I use.
Speaker 5: I think weight had a lot to do with it, but I'm still looking for a good appliance that you can wear. I do not like to see pap machines. They're just so freaking cumbersome. Anyway, I digress. Go ahead, Greg, talk about it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So the reason I'm calling today is because Aerocare has it's under a major medical They've sent me all these different crazy bills through but I haven't actually got the bills. I've gotten from an explanation of benefits, and I'll give a couple examples. On January third of this year, they charged twenty eight fifty and I don't know what for it, just says medical support.
Speaker 5: You mean twenty eight dollars.
Speaker 13: Twenty eight.
Speaker 5: And fifty Okay, let me ask you this, Greg, Sure this SEPAP in general I'm on for seventeen eighteen?
Speaker 6: Was the CEAPAP in general?
Speaker 5: Greg? Greg?
Speaker 8: Was this?
Speaker 6: Greg?
Speaker 5: None of this matters until I ask a question is what insurance do you have?
Speaker 13: That's United Healthcare? But for my issue is they I have denied my paper billing. I've actually sent them a certified letter at the end of May asking that I have all bills through US mail so that I can look at them and figure out whether I'm actually being overcharged or not.
Speaker 5: Okay, Greg, I want to ask a couple of questions. I can help you. The CPAP machine, what was the company that actually supplied it? It was Aerocare and they're the ones that are actually charging you. Yes, Now, under the explanation of benefits, did United Healthcare take responsibility for it? Or is it a self pay?
Speaker 13: I s I have a low deductible, but they have a contract with them, so it's in network. But fortunately you're not. In Healthcare reduced these down to almost nothing, you know, twenty it it became like thirty.
Speaker 5: Dollars or okay, So what is your concern about Because the EOB the explanation of benefits, it shows charges, then it shows the approved amount, then it shows the amount the insurance paid, and then it shows your responsibility. So in total, which one are you complaining about? Your responsibility?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 13: I'm complaining about the fact that I don't have any paper billings to verify whether I'm being overcharged or not.
Speaker 5: Okay, But what I'm asking, and I'll get to that part, I promise. What I'm asking though, is what was your total out of pocket?
Speaker 13: Well, so, like for this this bill it was.
Speaker 5: Twenty I mean, and total for your CPAP, what is your total outlay? I don't know.
Speaker 13: I'd have to add it up. I'm not prepared to give that figure out.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 5: But do you think it was more than a thousand bucks?
Speaker 13: Probably not.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now you're confused about eobs. Let me give you some information that you may or may not like. They are not required to give you paper billing or paper explanations no longer because of the paper the Reduction Act. I forget what it's called, but it's the anyway the government and it like it goes.
Speaker 6: It's there's a million reasons.
Speaker 5: There's the environmental concerns, there's all kinds of stuff. But the Paperwork Reduction Act allows people In some cases companies will allow you to opt out of paper. But some companies will not even provide paper. And the EOB doesn't come from Arrowcare. The EOB comes from United.
Speaker 13: Health Yeah, I understand that.
Speaker 5: And when you get it, I am sure that if there is not an option for paper, that you had to opt out or they just do not provide it, and you decide if you want United Healthcare based on that. Okay, so what I want to but what you can still figure out now when you say if you were overbuilled or not, just so you know, a CPAP is going to range anywhere from six to eight thousand, okay, terribly overcharged. The insurance companies put a cap on that and will pay up to a certain amount, and then according to your plan, you pay up to a certain amount.
Speaker 6: So are you worried about United Healthcare?
Speaker 5: Don't be. They know what they're paying and they will negotiate and they won't let a penny be paid that isn't justified. Or are you concerned about your out of pocket.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm just ticked they won't send me paper bills, and they did send them through emails, but there was a spam per day, so it was almost impossible to go through there and find the bills.
Speaker 5: Well, Greg, Greg, I don't know what to tell you on that one, but truly you're really barking up the wrong tree.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 5: Now, as a courtesy, just between you and me, I think they should. They should say to you, you know what, sir, I understand you know, let's send it to you.
Speaker 6: What's your address, Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Instead, they sent you an email and then your spam caught it. And I'm sorry about that, but you can go in and set that so you can get everything from United Healthcare. But I don't know what else to tell you, but I will tell you this, Greg, seriously, because I know Errocare, I know United Healthcare, and I'm just gonna take a wild hair here. You're not getting ripped off. They don't. Very few companies play that game. They really do. Now, is there fraud in certain medicare billing, medicaid billing and medical Yeah there is, but it's not as much as we think on an individual basis. I just think you're worrying too much about it. In my opinion, I'm not saying you shouldn't look further, and I don't know why the hell they just won't be kind enough to send it to.
Speaker 6: You by mail.
Speaker 5: I would like, though, for the show today to get an expert on from Integra Insurance that I want you to listen to because they deal with this kind of thing and they might have a secret sauce to get you some paper billing. Now coming up, this is going to be wonderful. We actually have the owner of Auto Value Experts now. As you know, we love these kinds of services. In fact, we promote one that does the same thing. When I heard these other ads, I thought, I need to talk to these guys because we are a show that talk about how insurance companies will take every chance to screw you.
Speaker 6: So stay tuned.
Speaker 5: Robert Shipley will be on to talk about Auto Valueexperts dot com, who's been advertising all over iHeart stay tuned. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Thomas, you know here?
Speaker 6: Three three seven one three talks seven one three two five five.
Speaker 5: Robert Shipley, the owner of Auto Value Experts, I've heard a lot of ads.
Speaker 6: Hey, Robert, thank you for being.
Speaker 5: Here, sir? How long really?
Speaker 6: How long you've been doing.
Speaker 14: This since two thousand and six?
Speaker 5: Well, how come we're not here? I hadn't heard about you before?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Bi.
Speaker 14: I started out in Texas in two thousand and six, opened offices over the next two years in Durrale on the backside of Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, and up here in Denver, and then the economy crunch of two thousand and eight and in twenty twelve where ship back and we had to restructure our business work to stay effective and be able to help the public still and then rebuild from there. So you know, it's over the years we've done over eight thousand claims, but you know there's in stronger years than some.
Speaker 5: And when did you start?
Speaker 6: When did you start your your major radio campaign?
Speaker 11: Well, I did.
Speaker 14: iHeart in Texas and Georgia for about a decade and then I just relocated myself.
Speaker 11: My wife and I moved.
Speaker 14: Up here and we live in Boulder, and we started a couple months ago advertising on iHeart here in collegehood.
Speaker 6: Good, then you're going to learn about me the legend.
Speaker 5: I'm just kidding. Hey, Robert, listen, as far as your claims, what percentage that you take on are successful. Let's say when I say successful, you know at least a thousand dollars increase.
Speaker 14: Well, we don't accept a claim unless we're able to prove at least eighteen hundred dollars more. And I've never lost a case, so so.
Speaker 5: You only take the ones you're pretty certain about.
Speaker 14: No, we only take the So here's how this works. I'm not a judge, so I can't make a company do anything right. We can just make it very painful if they don't follow the law. So an insurance company knows that the average person is not going to put a lot of effort into fighting a claim that's under eighteen hundred dollars, so they will automatically dig their heels in make it incredibly difficult for you to succeed. So we don't recommend people will pursue a claim that's under eighteen hundred dollars just because in the long run, they're going to make it not worth it, even though it's legally correct. They're going to make it more expensive to fight. So with that in mind, we only recommend if we're able to prove eighteen hundred dollars or more, because they know that the private individual will fight tooth and nail for that amount of money, so they're much more likely to do what the loss says they have to do without too much fuss.
Speaker 6: Now is your Do you have a money back guarantee at all?
Speaker 14: We do, and it's right on our website Auto Valueexperts dot com. If there's anything faulty, if there's anything that can be proven to be wrong with our reports and our services, then we have one hundred percent money back guarantee.
Speaker 6: No, I guess here's what I'm asking.
Speaker 5: If the insurance company just won't budge and they don't get a dime, so now they're five hundred dollars behind their original offer? Is there a money back guarantee that way? Because you said, and I know you say you never lost a case, I have no reason to doubt you.
Speaker 6: But do you just say trust us?
Speaker 5: And I mean, have you had cases where people paid five hundred and got nothing?
Speaker 14: Well, let me answer that with two different answers, because it'll make everybody feel more comfortable if they understand the whole process. But to give you the most direct answer, what happens if the insurance company ultimately does.
Speaker 8: Not do what the law says?
Speaker 14: Well, at that point, and it happens on.
Speaker 6: About wait, hold on, Robert, hold on.
Speaker 5: I don't want to rush you, and since you're local, I really want to continue this right after the news here, I really do. I want to talk to you about the law and what you mean what the law says. So hang on. I'm Tom Martino. We got more coming up, very interesting. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: News.
Speaker 5: Need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come runing.
Speaker 2: Just as fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 4: This is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martino, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. This I brought to you by Dan McKenzie McKenzie law. If you're looking for someone to do a state planning wills, avoiding probate and the like, that's Dan McKenzie McKenzie law, and he's always been an expert on this show for us eight three three co plans eight three three co.
Speaker 1: Plans.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's talk what's on your mind today. Let's go to the phones, and we have Robert Shipley. Now we've had more than one inquiry, including my own curiosity, because I've heard spots on iHeart and on KHOW and they were talking about Autovalueexperts dot com, get your diminished value blah blah blah. Since this is something we talk about a lot on this show, and we've also had an expert over the years, Petty details that he calls himself diminished value experts dot com. He's done a pretty good job. And so I'm so interested in diminished value. And for those listening, diminished values. When you get into a car accident and your car may be fixed perfectly, but you will never have one hundred percent of its value. Much of it is a perceived loss of value when you go to sell it or trade it. As a result, you have what's called diminished value. And here's the problem. If it's your own collision coverage covering you, your own policies will disclaim diminished value because you when you signed up, you agreed not to pursue diminished value against your own carrier. However, if someone else causes you damage, you have every right to go after diminished value unless the law prohibits it. And as far as I know, there's only one state that prohibits diminished value claims by statute, and that's Michigan. I believe you cannot sue for diminished value. Robert, are there any other states? Do you know he's the owner? Robert was gracious to come on. Do you know of any other states that prohibit these claims?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 14: And if it's okay, I just have just a couple of quick correct.
Speaker 6: On that go ahead.
Speaker 14: Certainly, this is this is actually a federal law. It's a second Restatement of Torts. Section nine twenty six through nine nine cover this, and it's been a law originally since nineteen oh three.
Speaker 5: What part what federal law? What are you quoting from, sirn Yep?
Speaker 14: It is the second Restatement of Torts? Okay, starts in section nine twenty six and goes through nine twenty nine. Got it, And it originated that that's the modern language of an original nineteen oh three law that governs this. So the states, when in Texas, tried to do this, when they pass laws blocking this, federal law superseded state law. Doesn't matter. States can say all they want to discourage you because they're in the pockets of the insurance company and the donations. Okay, but the fact is federal law overseeds superseded state law. The other thing is, if you are in an accident and you have uninsured motors coverage, and again somebody else hits you, you can still claim against your own policy as long as you pay for that extra little bit called uninsured motors coverage. That's the only way you can go against your own insurance company is if the other person doesn't have coverage and you pay the extra for that little additional writer on your insurance, then you can pursue to great benefit your own insurance company because you're protected then by both contract law and port law.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, by the way, from what I'm reading in this law and I listen, I don't disagree with you that it's something insurance company should pay. I just want to say that right out front. I'm just trying to understand the law. This law that i'm reading, the nine to twenty nine through thirty nine talks mainly about land land value and homes and restoration of loss of use and a go ahead.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry.
Speaker 14: It starts in nine twenty six, and there's bits and pieces that goes from nine six to nine.
Speaker 5: Okay, oh yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right, yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, right.
Speaker 5: And what you're telling me that the law says it's a recoverable expense period, and you're saying that you fight and guarantee that you can prove it. But sometimes an insurance company will simply, let's just say, they simply refuse to do what the law says. What do you do in that case?
Speaker 14: So in that case, which happens about one percent of the time, one to one and a half percent of the type, what we're gonna do is we're going to recommend that you file suit in court. Right and I can even make a recommendations on attorneys that handle these because I do it.
Speaker 5: Can you do a bad faith? Can you do bad faith?
Speaker 14: Yes, yes you can.
Speaker 5: So that would mean that an attorney most likely would take it on contingency if it's a good bad faith.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 14: And I'm a Daubert certified expert. I'm one of three in the nation, and I'm to fight an over two hundred and twenty cases over the years of all the way through the circuit court in Georgia on the Enterprise airbag case, which is a fascinating thing for another time. But I will be happy to continue to work for you and testify at no charge as an expert in the case because I am court certified. So that's why I say, even though it's unlikely to go to court, even if it does, I'm still there. And again we haven't lost a case. Now, if an insurance company starts to become difficult to handle and the client just decides, well, I'm done messing with this, I'm not gonna mess with it anymore, that's not my fault. I do not refund money for that.
Speaker 11: So that's what.
Speaker 5: Okay, get it, I get a tee, I get it.
Speaker 6: Your guarantee is to work it through to the end.
Speaker 14: Correct And if my client wherever to lose, which would mean that the court would say it's not a valid report. And if my written guarantee that if there's a mistake or it's faulty, I'll pay one hundred percent of it back, that's that's not a problem. If I so much is misspell a word in the report, which is usually about sixty pages long, then I will pay the money back. I absolutely guarantee the quality of our work.
Speaker 5: Are there any insurance companies that are worse than others to work with?
Speaker 14: There is, And it's kind of sicklical about every eight to ten years, all insurance companies are going to try to challenge a few of them, just to see if you're if the system's going to allow it to be challenged, right all, Stagy is one of the easiest, believe it or not. Yes, there is one company that you will not believe is actually the hardest to deal with of the major companies, and that's USAA. And no I believe that, honey. Ironically, USAA is one of the insurance companies. Because I work for everybody. The loss is the loss. So I work for the public, I work for law firms, and I work for insurance companies when they're suing other insurance companies, and I am an designated expert for USAA, and USAA has about a five percent of their claims. They all want to take it to court just to show up at the judges chambers and settle the case there, just to see if we're going to fight it all the way. Because once we go into an actual court and I say, hey, I'm an expert for this company, they can't reject my report. Then they know they're going to lose. So yeah, they're not the most ethical when it comes to this. One last thing is that it will make stir the pot a bit with all this is that because it's been a los since nineteen oh three. When an insurance company charges you your monthly premium, part of what they're factoring in into their bill to get your money is they factor in having to pay diminished value on every single car you ever potentially hit, but less than one percent of the time it's claimed, so they're collecting the money for it.
Speaker 7: It's not coming out.
Speaker 14: Out of your pocket. And then they don't offer it and they just keep right ninety nine percent of the time they keep it a profit.
Speaker 5: Surprise, insurance companies actually doing something wrong.
Speaker 6: Wow, and it's Robert.
Speaker 14: Just one more thing that might blow your mind, and that is when your car is in a total loss, the insurance company decides to total it out, and it's not diminished value we're dealing with. Now, we're dealing with a total loss. When they decide to total your loss and they send you a report saying, hey, we're going to pay you twenty thousand dollars whatever it is, they use a program that is usually sixty percent of the real value that they should be paying you.
Speaker 6: So you work for those cases too.
Speaker 14: For totaled Yes, yes, So if you have an accident where your vehicle has been totaled, as long as you don't accept that check, we can challenge it and get you the amount that you're truly owed.
Speaker 8: On a total loss.
Speaker 14: Also, everybody just assumes they have to accept it.
Speaker 6: No, you don't, now, Robert.
Speaker 5: If someone had a car fixed or had a claim and they think the claim is closed, can you reopen a recent claim?
Speaker 14: If we're talking diminished value, it doesn't legally close until the two year mark here in Colorado, So if your vehicle is repaired, we can go back up to two years prove what your car is worth at that time and what your diminished value is. However, on a total loss, once you cash that check, that claim is done. There's no way to reopen it.
Speaker 5: Now, let's talk about aren't there some cars that are so old or it gets to a point where there's really not diminished value.
Speaker 14: Yes, because it's a percentage of the overall value. So if you have a twenty year old Kia, it's not going to have any value, right, Okay, you have a forty year old Mercedes, Now it's a collectible. That's a whole nother ballgame. And yes, you can have it. If you have a nineteen ninety nine heavy duty pickup truck that still has a reasonable value, then yes, you can still make a claim. It just depends on what that initial value is. And here's how you can come out ahead using our services. When we talk to a client on the phone, we get them to send us the documents we need, and we do the report upfront, whether it's a total loss or diminished value. We do that report and finalize it and then call the customer and say, hey, this is how much we can prove here. You're entitled to X number of dollars. Knowing that, do you want to hire us? If they just wow, they owe it's nothing.
Speaker 5: If they decide so, you'll give them a free kind of estimate.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I'll tell them exactly down to the penny what it is they're purchasing. We will never ask you to buy something you don't know.
Speaker 6: Okay, So okay, got it?
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 14: Once that we have that conversation and they agree to go forward, they pay the flat fee. It's four hundred and fifty dollars. We submit the report to them to send in and we'll send a copy in as well, and then we go on from there. We have to collect our feed before the report is submitted because that keeps us unbiased. We're not party to the claim. We're not on a sliding scale, we're not based on the outcome. We're completely independent and that's what gives us the teeth, the threaten to go to court if necessary. But that being said, we do the report first, tell the client exactly what they're entitled to, and then they make that determination if they want to proceed or not.
Speaker 6: Robert, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: If you could be so kind as leave some local contact information for Kelly, my producer. I would love to catch you on from time to time as an expert. Auto Value Experts dot com eight six six four two three four five five six. We have more comment up on the Troubleshooter show renew home Innovations dot com for the most beautiful showers you can get. They take that old shub that's the shower and the tubcombo, take that out and put in a beautiful rectangle shower. No threshold to worry about, glass panels, stone walls, no maintenance, accustom made to your movements. In two or three days, they're done. You have seventy two months to pay with no interest. Renew Home Innovations dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one.
Speaker 12: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here three three seven one three talk. John Jones Junior is our insurance expert for health insurance at Integra Insurance dot com. And I'll give you that number if you're looking for health insurance. Don't ever do it alone. I mean, she's there's no you don't save money going direct, by the way, and just I'll just throw that out there now.
Speaker 6: Greg had a question, and.
Speaker 5: It's really it is not a bad question. You know, he's got insurance with United Healthcare. He has a CPAP machine. But during this whole process he became frustrated with the EOB explanation of benefits, which is online, and then he also got an email upon request. Now I know my eobs are actually mailed. Plus they're online explanation of benefits, and I actually don't want the mail, and they don't stop, he said.
Speaker 6: Now I'm talking about they.
Speaker 5: My insurance is not is not what you call it United. I have a Medicare with a supplement that Integra found me. But I want to ask in general, John, can they refuse to send mail? Because Greg told us and I heard that they do not have to because of the Paperwork Reduction Act, they do not have to send paper statements. But do you know the rule John, when it comes to health insurance explanation of benefits?
Speaker 16: My understanding is that you as the patient, you as the consumer, you have the right to request paper uh papers. And as part of the application for any of these health insurance companies is do you want to go to your email or do you want it paper forms?
Speaker 8: Paper?
Speaker 16: And of course think that there are there are things that are mandated to be sent through mail, but certain things like eobs and things like that aren't, and so you don't have to get them through bye bye paper.
Speaker 5: No, but could they could they could they set that out as a condition in the beginning that we will not send them out.
Speaker 16: I don't know if it's set out as a condition in the beginning, but there is typically on a health insurance application a box that you check saying I prefer to have it through through electronic uh, you know, transmission to that information.
Speaker 5: So Greg, Greg, did you do you specifically ever go online on your profile on United Healthcare? Do you have online access to them?
Speaker 13: Well, it's not the explanation of benefits. I'm having the problem with it. It's the actual bills because the explanation of benefits just says medical supplies, but it doesn't give me any detail whatsoever.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, but let me ask you a couple of questions. Greg.
Speaker 6: Are you getting the EOB by mail?
Speaker 13: Yes, I am. I don't have any problem with you.
Speaker 5: Then I'm sorry, John, I misunderstood John. So then the meta stay on, though, John, So it's actually the provider that is not giving you the bill.
Speaker 17: Correct.
Speaker 5: Now, normally let's not take this provider. But normally when you go to a doc or anyone, do you get bills by mail or do they go directly to your insurance.
Speaker 13: Uh, I get I get bills by mail. I mean I get the explanation of benefit.
Speaker 5: I'm not about EOB anymore. Now I'm asking about this. If you go to a normal doc with your health insurance, you get a copy of the bill they send to the insurance company.
Speaker 13: They give me a bill to say what I owe.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's your out of pocket. But on that bill, do you see the whole bill.
Speaker 6: And an explanation?
Speaker 5: I don't mean an EOB, but I mean, for example, you go to your primary care.
Speaker 6: They do some lab work.
Speaker 5: Do you get a breakdown of what your insurance paid and what.
Speaker 6: You need to pay on the doctor bill?
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I'd have to look at one, but I think I think I do. I mean, it gives me enough information to know, like, you know, it was a doctor visit, and then where's the procedure? So they they give you So there's.
Speaker 6: An out of pocket bill.
Speaker 5: You receive an out of pocket bill? Yes, okay, what I want to know is this, You receive an out of pocket bill from every provider you went to except for the CPAP.
Speaker 13: That's correct.
Speaker 5: Did you ever order another medical appliance in the past.
Speaker 13: No, that's my first time.
Speaker 6: Okay, John, what do you make of this?
Speaker 5: He can't get the supplier of the CPAP. Now, Greg, did a doctor prescribe the cpath and did the doctor bill you? Or did the CPAPS supplier bill you directly?
Speaker 13: So the CPAP supplier is the one I'm on the hooked for for the payments, and I've just seen it on the explanation of benefits.
Speaker 5: So but okay, So the CPAPS supplier did not send it to the doc who then released it to you.
Speaker 13: I could call my E and T to see if they got any bills, but I can I imagine it probably did not.
Speaker 6: Did the e NT send you a bill.
Speaker 13: Not for the se PEP machine, No.
Speaker 5: But for the for the visits to diagnose your apnea?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: And on those bills you're satisfied they were sent by mail.
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: So John, it all comes down to the supplier of the spath sending the bill directly to the insurance company and will not mail him one. Now, personally, I don't know why he cares, because the EOB says what he owes and and that and and by the way, Greg, the out of pocket, who do you send it to United Healthcare or the SEPAP supplier.
Speaker 13: I would send it to Aerocare. And I mean the reason I'm dissatisfied.
Speaker 5: How do you send it to Aerocare if they did not send you a bill.
Speaker 13: I just paid the amount that they said to pay from the.
Speaker 6: That who said to pay that who said to pay.
Speaker 13: The United Healthcare.
Speaker 5: So United Healthcare tells you what to pay to Errowcare. How do you know where to send it to Errowcare.
Speaker 13: I've just been using the United Healthcare portal to pay it.
Speaker 5: But the last okay, I got it, I got it, now, got it, got it?
Speaker 6: Got it, John.
Speaker 5: So he goes on United Healthcare, he sees his portion, and he pays, and it goes to Arrowcare. He wants to know why Erowcare will not send him a bill. Again, I don't know the reason. He has access to everything on his portal. But do you do you know if suppliers are different than healthcare providers?
Speaker 16: Well, so if I can ask you a question real quick, because it sounds like part of the frustration is that the breakdown explanation for you, sir, is not is not it doesn't give you enough information.
Speaker 5: It's not clear correct.
Speaker 13: It just says medical supply. I don't know if it's rental of the machine. I don't know if it was some supplies that I ordered. I don't know anything what it is.
Speaker 16: That supplies and that would be DM, that would be under you know, your durable medical equipment that would fall into that whatever the SEPAP health insurance plan exactly your SEPAP, however, your health insurance plan specifically covers DM and and so then a sitting process of course through your health insurance plan according to those benefits are according to that benefit structure, and then you're left with what you owe now, right.
Speaker 13: But I don't know whether it's a rental of the machine or a mask to that body anything, just medical supplies. That that is very vague, I mean.
Speaker 5: And your insurance doesn't tell you.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: Okay, certainly, I think people have a right to know what they're paying for. But to be honest with you here, I don't think it's going to be that important because no matter but no matter what it is, United Healthcare is not going to pay or make you pay anything that's not legit. They're really strict on what they pay out. But John does he have a case wanting to know what he's paying for. It sounds logical to me that he should be. I mean, I have to.
Speaker 6: Take this pray.
Speaker 5: Hold on, guys, I know this nippicking and maybe Greg's a pain in the ass, but I don't know if it's so bad.
Speaker 6: I think that there's nothing.
Speaker 5: Wrong with someone wanting to know what they're paying for. Hold on both of you, if you can. We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Three O three seven one three eight two five. I speaking of health, Denverregen dot com for stem cell therapy.
Speaker 6: I love these guys.
Speaker 5: It works Denverregion dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom, Martino your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk. I want to remind you you can always text me, and I got a lot of texts to go through on my Google number comes direct to my cell phone, including calls and voicemail. But I have it through Google so I can turn it on and off if I need to. I haven't needed to. It's a it's a wonderful thing. You can have direct access seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty seven four seven nine nine nine fifty two eighty and uh, let me go back to the phone though. So to finish this up, John Jones Juniors with Integra Insurance, by the way, for your health insurance needs, were talking about he gets all his bills by mail except from the supplier of the seapap. They will not give him a paper bill, and he simply wants to know what does the invoice look like? Is he renting? Is he buying? Is he buying this? Is he buying that? By the way, Greg, a quick question, since you began the adventure with the seapap, did you get do you get any Are there any supplies to buy with the seapap? Are there filters or face masks or tubing or anything you have to replace or have you simply kept the same gear?
Speaker 13: Oh, you have to replace it. I mean these these supplies are you know, basically disposable after a while.
Speaker 5: And now what I asked Greg, what I asked is have you replaced stuff supplies?
Speaker 8: Yes? I have.
Speaker 13: I should tell you that as of August of last year, I disconnected from Aerocaren. I'm with a different company now for my supplies.
Speaker 5: Okay, So aero Care only supplied the supplies.
Speaker 13: They supplied the machine.
Speaker 5: I mean, excuse me, now, they only supply now you still have their machine, though, is what I meant.
Speaker 13: All right now, as far as I understand, I own the machine, but I'm not even sure of that.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what I want to know.
Speaker 5: On the previous excuse me, on the new supplier, do they send you paper bills?
Speaker 13: They've sent me one paper bill so far? Yes?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 6: Okay, good.
Speaker 5: So all we're talking about is the machine itself, and do you have recurring bills since you switch suppliers?
Speaker 13: The machine itself plus nine months of supplies.
Speaker 5: So right now, though, the call today is it about the past nine months of supplies?
Speaker 13: It's about everything that Erica builled me. It's basically twenty twenty three all the way through, like, okay, twenty three, and then they still build me through March of this year.
Speaker 5: What did they bill you for through March? March of this year?
Speaker 13: Medical supplies?
Speaker 6: And then you switched in March of this year.
Speaker 13: I actually stopped using Aerocare in August. It took me like four months to get onboarded, Okay.
Speaker 8: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 5: So basically, John, he simply wants paper explanations for the bills he's received from Aerocare. Does Aerocare have an online portal for you, Greg, where you could download PDFs or not?
Speaker 13: They have never told me. I've talked to them four times and I've asked them semis okay.
Speaker 6: Now again again again.
Speaker 5: I have some people texting me saying you sound like a pain in the ass. But I want to make this clear.
Speaker 6: I don't think you're being a pain in the ass.
Speaker 5: I see no reason why you should not have complete records of what you paid for. John Jones is not part of this. He's just a health insurance expert. John.
Speaker 6: Is there are a way to get this done?
Speaker 5: You think?
Speaker 8: Greg? Explain again?
Speaker 16: Real quick for me, if you don't mind.
Speaker 8: Just quickly.
Speaker 16: You've spoken with air okare several times? You said four times, and every time they just tell you no.
Speaker 13: They say they're going to do it, and they never do.
Speaker 16: Okay, so they say they're going to do it, but they don't correct, gotcha. So that means it's not that they're not able to. It doesn't mean that they're not. They're not. They don't have to. They just end up not following through on it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Wow, crazy crap, I'm telling you.
Speaker 18: Yeah. I mean, then you're just with.
Speaker 16: Poor, poor, poor customers.
Speaker 5: Okay, I just found out we on their website hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 13: Hold on fifty for a machine that costs seven hundred.
Speaker 5: And I listen, man, I just found something out. And I'm sure it's not going to be pleasing to you, but it's the best. It's the best thing I can do for you right now.
Speaker 6: There is a website that provides.
Speaker 5: An online portal. All you have to do is give your name an account number, and you can visit the portal and download every single bill in a PDF form and look at what you're paying for. And I'll give you the website here. It is Okay, it's it's it's total access to everything build to your insurance company in your name and to you.
Speaker 6: It's Arrow Care U S A.
Speaker 5: Dot h M E bill pay dot com.
Speaker 13: Okay, h T h M E billpay dot com.
Speaker 5: Yeah, h M E, which probably stands for home bill pay dot com. Now what you have to do on this is register first, and then they'll send you a code and all you need do you have an account number with them?
Speaker 13: I have no idea what that would be.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's what they're asking for, first name, last name, email address.
Speaker 6: That's all. Actually you don't need anything else. And then you have to.
Speaker 5: Do a verification process. Listen, why don't you try that? Let us know how it works. Three O three seven one three eight two five five. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter excel Roofings with us in the house and one of the things I harp about is cooling your house. And we're not gonna, you know, delay this too much, but the attic ventilation, so they're just finishing up a job for me. This is a true story. Henry said, I want to check your attic because my daughter was complaining about the ac up there, even though I have the whole house fan, and the whole house fan has worked perfectly on cooler days, but when it got that really hot weather, Henry went up there and looked at the attic and said, I don't even know how this fan's working because it's being choked. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance company find out now three all three seven seven one help you'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah Rift you need so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come, run in just as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help coming.
Speaker 4: Man Dix is the Troubleshooter Show. Now, Tom Martine, Hello.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom. Welcome to the show. Three O three seven one three talk three all three seven one three.
Speaker 6: Eight two five five.
Speaker 5: We are here to help you solve your problems, answer questions, and take your complaints. This hour brought to you by Excel Roofing. Excel is an excellent Excel Roofing dot Com three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred. Well, talking about the importance of attic ventilation for your entire house, I'm going to tell you something you need to have a check. And then if you're having your roof done it's automatic. And then what else is out there in the roofing industry that can keep us from having repeat visits and truly impact resistant.
Speaker 6: We'll talk about Charlie.
Speaker 5: What's going on? Sir?
Speaker 18: Hey Tom, Hey Tom, Thanks Dave my call.
Speaker 5: So I go on.
Speaker 18: I got a civil penalty from the Colorado Transportation Investment Office and.
Speaker 5: That's the I seventy and that, let me guess it was for going in and out of those high occupancy lanes.
Speaker 18: Yep, exactly, that's what they're saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know everyone's getting a man, I'm telling you. And here's what they do. If you visit that if you swerve in and out of that lane and you do not enter where the broken lines are and exit where the broken lines are.
Speaker 6: You will get a ticket.
Speaker 5: They have an algorithm that tracks you going in or going out and whether or not you.
Speaker 6: Hit a toll.
Speaker 18: Okay, so now so with that, go ahead with that said. With that said, real quick like, they sent me the photos right and it just it's just a photo of my car and the license plate. It was taken at night. You can't tell what lane I'm in at all. Number one. Number two, the loss specifically states that if there is a reason to go into that lane, I eat, an animal pulls, jumps out in front of you, or the vehicle in front of you puts on their brakes excessively, and you have to safely swerve to maneuver so you don't hit that vehicle, which was in my case it was. They then the penalty should not apply.
Speaker 5: How much?
Speaker 6: How much is the fine?
Speaker 18: One hundred and fifty dollars plus at a beutification? Because I sent in my rebuttal to the to the regional ticket, they turned around and just sent it back as adjudicated as guilty and sent it to me as one hundred and eighty dollars.
Speaker 5: Now wait a minute, how can they adjudicate it without you? There's a court hearing, right or not?
Speaker 18: At what I thought, but apparently not.
Speaker 5: Well, what if you don't pay that? Eventually it's going to end up in court?
Speaker 18: Well, they according to this ticket, they said, they're just going to hand it over to the collection agency.
Speaker 5: Well I understand that, but then what do you think a collection agency does.
Speaker 18: Correct, they're going to put it up against my credit and try to collect.
Speaker 5: Well, no, they're going to have to They're going to have to take to court to get a judgment. You see. I don't understand though, when you said they adjudicated it, I don't think you're reading that correctly.
Speaker 6: It didn't go to a judge.
Speaker 18: Well, correct, it did not go to a judge. It went to a what did they but did they give them? They gave them a title. My apologies, I have it here in front of me.
Speaker 8: Okay.
Speaker 5: What I need to know is, hold on this notice that you got of adjudication. Who did that come from?
Speaker 18: It came from? It said final order of liability from the Colorado Transportation and Investment Office.
Speaker 5: Colorado Transportation Investment Office. And is that who sent the original ticket?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 5: Okay, what a hell of a name for that? And so was it called a hearing officer or what?
Speaker 18: Yeah, so it was trying to see exactly because it's got a natural individual name on here, but they're not showing his title. It says hearing off officer.
Speaker 5: Correct, hearing Okay, hearing Okay, yep, so you had a hearing. I don't even understand how you have a hearing. By the way, none of this really matters because you will lose eventually, and I don't think that's right, but you will because you don't have any any kind of proof that you're going to be able to use, and they will adjudicate against you eventually. But I just think it's weird they did it without at least you having your say.
Speaker 18: Well, I guess what gets me is because the laws specified if.
Speaker 6: I understand that, but you have to prove it.
Speaker 5: So if you don't have a dash cam or anything like that, you don't have evidence. Okay, Charlie, I'm not I'm not trying to be a deliver or a bad news I'm telling you the facts that you can fight it all you want. You will eventually lose, and the one eighty is going to be three sixty or four fifty or something like that. But just so you know, I mean you can fight it. I'm looking it up here. You can fight it. So it is a civil penalty.
Speaker 18: They're saying, I have thirty days, yeah, to appeal it.
Speaker 5: That's right, and you should as long as you want. Now, remember, the more they look at it, the more it goes up. It's kind of like blackmail. But most of the time, to be really straight with the road, they don't get it wrong. Most of the time you said a car made you swerve out of the way. I don't know what did they They don't have to prove did you present any evidence or did you just state it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 18: I did present evidence.
Speaker 6: What was your evidence?
Speaker 7: That's why, that's why what was your evidence?
Speaker 6: What was your evidence?
Speaker 5: So photos that I have?
Speaker 6: What photos do you have.
Speaker 18: From a It wasn't a video from a dash cam, but it was showing how the I took it with my cell phone that everybody else was on on on their on their breaks effectively came up over the hill. I swerved into the express lane because that was the closest exit that I had without rear ending the vehicle in front of me.
Speaker 5: Okay, and you took a picture of that, So you had the presence of mind to take a picture of that.
Speaker 18: Correct. And here's what even gets me even more?
Speaker 5: Is it is it date stamped? Is it date and time stamped?
Speaker 17: No, it's not.
Speaker 6: Why isn't it?
Speaker 18: Well, I mean it's not on It's probably it's in the metadata, but it's not on the photo itself.
Speaker 12: So if you use an iPhone, if you just swipe up on that picture, it'll show you all that information.
Speaker 14: Correct.
Speaker 6: Well, then you take a strange shot.
Speaker 18: Of that when I submitted, when I submitted everything, I don't know if that transfers with it.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it does either the metadata, I don't know.
Speaker 18: They even take it into consideration.
Speaker 5: Of course, if it was a true if it was true evidence, they should Now can you send it to us?
Speaker 18: Yeah, I can say, I'll send I'll send you guys everything that I sent them.
Speaker 5: Okay, I want to know the separate attachments. I want to look at it. Look sure, as I said, I can't believe you had the presence of mind. So when you swerved to get out of the way, when everyone was stopped, you pulled your cell phone up and took a picture, saying, I'm not going to be nailed for this, correct, I swear? So wait, wait, so you knew you knew that, you knew that you shouldn't have swerved into that lane, and when you did, you felt you needed to take a picture to protect yourself.
Speaker 18: So my phone is up on my dashboard.
Speaker 5: Got it? Okay, Yeah, I know what you.
Speaker 18: Mean, already mounted I normally I actually normally have have it recording as a dash cam. Yeah that reason. Yeah, and I have been nailed for going in the lane and out of the lane prior to them actually issuing tickets. So I was mindful of the fact, right go in it, they will right you right? So mindful of the fact that you know I have an express toll I'm fully registered with Express Tool, with the sticker and my tag. So of course I was aware that you can't just go in and out as you please, that you have to go in the designated entry points and exit points.
Speaker 5: Okay, so then you when you hold over were you at? Yeah?
Speaker 18: When I swerved in because everybody was coming to a full stop and I swerved into it, that's when I just turned around and grabbed my quite pushed the button on my phone and hit the camera thing not the video because it defaulted to a photo, and held it down and it took a burst of showing all the traffic stuff.
Speaker 5: I'd love to see those. Well, there is a possibility you could win.
Speaker 18: Because my mentality is these guys are just going stamp. I get a percentage of this fine.
Speaker 6: Well, hold on, hold on, hold.
Speaker 18: On, iteration of facts.
Speaker 5: Okay, here's the deal. I don't think that's the case. I don't think. I think obviously they want to collect. I just think they're lazy.
Speaker 18: There you go. I would agree with that.
Speaker 5: So I want to know how far will they take it? What do you think?
Speaker 18: That's a great question, And considering it's not even an actual state department, it's an investment group out of all.
Speaker 5: Well, how do you know it's Colorado Transportation? Did you look them up?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 18: The Express Tool Lane on I seventy was backed and is owned by an Australian group.
Speaker 5: Really yep.
Speaker 18: So effectively the state is collecting a fine on behalf of this. Now here's the interesting part. How does the find get divvied up between the state and the Transportation Investment Office? Okay, that's even the bigger question.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I'm looking it up right now, but I think that it doesn't matter. Why does it matter how it's divvied up, you tell me.
Speaker 18: Because it's taxpayers money that ultimately is going towards a fine.
Speaker 8: That is case.
Speaker 5: Here's the procedure set out by statute. Here's the procedure set out by Here is the procedure set.
Speaker 6: Out by statute.
Speaker 5: The initial dispute, the administrative hearing you went through. Now you do it a court appeal. If the hearing does not resolve the issue to your satisfaction, you can appeal the decision to accounty court. So the administrative hearing is not court, it's not a judgment. This is where you would have a chance to present your case before a judge and then follow the timeline and procedure and you can do it. Now.
Speaker 6: The court appeal is a real court hearing.
Speaker 5: Now, if you lose, you will simply be assessed court fees and the original and the original fine, not the original original, but the one that went up to They say it's it's usually a certain amount. Then after so many days it goes up to one point fifty, and then after the hearing it goes up again. So that's what you should do then, I mean, really, you're convinced you have a good case. By the way, if you bring up to the judge the fact that they split the fine and divvied up, that goes nowhere. That's not evidence. That's just being pissed off. I mean, truly, it'll have zero bearing at all.
Speaker 18: But here here's my dilemma. It says I have to appeal it in the court in the county in which the safety violation occurred. Being that it was a long I seventy and this this fine, the civil penalty was coming from Edgewater, Colorado, I have to appeal it in the actual county.
Speaker 6: That the So what's the big deal?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So what's the big deal?
Speaker 18: Okay, I just it's nothing. I've got to figure out what county that is.
Speaker 5: That's right, you do, where where that is?
Speaker 18: And then I have to go through that.
Speaker 5: By the way, just so you know, the majority of the funds go to the CTIO. A portion of the findes are allocated to the state. The vast majority goes to the CTIO. The CTIO is mandated to use the majority of funds to improve express lanes, cover administrative costs, and support enforcement programs. What that means I do not know. I just don't know. But even if it's a money grab, they're going to say, and most fines are money grabs, they really are. But they're saying it's for uh yeah. And by the way, they say it is not independent. It's owned by the government. I don't know where you found, they say. But I'm going to look that up again. But they say it's a Colorado owned and operated group. But maybe I'm looking it up wrong. I'll find out. We have more coming right up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 3: Of it.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free, no obligation in comparison, call comes Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the show, folks. We're here to help you solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier. And we have Aspen on Aspen, what's going on?
Speaker 19: Hello, Tomm. I just have a little bit of a situation with a contractor. It all kind of started in July with me purchasing materials for a roof deck that he was supposed to do for me, and uh so I brought.
Speaker 5: Out why what what what was he hold on?
Speaker 6: Was he a roofer?
Speaker 19: No, he's I saw he's a contractor that does uh different kinds of work. He's uh he repaired my deck for me first.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but here's what I want to know, Aspen, what's the name of the company.
Speaker 3: There.
Speaker 19: It was just an independent guy. His name is Jepson, Josh.
Speaker 5: Now, yeah, I want to know is this why did you hire him? How did you know you needed a roof deck?
Speaker 19: It's something that I've been trying to put together to try Why how do you know that.
Speaker 5: Not every people don't even know they have a roof deck, let alone, they need a new one and they can't.
Speaker 6: So how did you know you needed a new one?
Speaker 19: There is none? He was supposed to put it on.
Speaker 5: Wait wait, I just need to are you talking about a deck or a roof deck?
Speaker 19: A roof that is supposed to go on a deck?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, dear, gotcha? Are roof over a deck? Gotcha? Okay? So what happened?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 19: I purchased the materials for him to do that, and he was supposed to bring the materials to my house.
Speaker 5: Oh when you say you purchased the materials, you gave him the money?
Speaker 19: Yes, to do it.
Speaker 5: How much did you pay him from the materials?
Speaker 19: It was two thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: And what kind of material was it? What was he going to put on there?
Speaker 19: He was going to put a steel roof on there.
Speaker 11: With what size is it to me, it's a.
Speaker 19: Twenty He said that it was twenty feet.
Speaker 6: Twenty by twelve or something.
Speaker 19: Yeah, twenty by twelve.
Speaker 6: Now, Henry, what does that sound like to you?
Speaker 5: He was probably gonna get that, you know, the It sounds to me like you probably went to one of these building supplier places.
Speaker 6: And how much it does two grand?
Speaker 1: Sound?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's twenty by twelve.
Speaker 12: So I just I wanted to clarify this is not an insurance deal, right, and this is this is the roof covering your deck. This isn't the roof deck?
Speaker 6: He right, No, it's not. But is it an insurance job though?
Speaker 5: Or is it is it an insurance job?
Speaker 6: Or is it just something you wanted to do?
Speaker 19: It's just what I wanted to do. There is no insurance.
Speaker 6: Have you ever heard this guy again?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 19: I haven't heard from him in three or four days.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, hold on, So you just paid him three or four days ago?
Speaker 15: No.
Speaker 19: I paid him for the material on July like thirtieth, and then he said that the material had to get shipped to the home depot that he purchased it at, and then he was going to deliver it to my house and start the work when he was there with the material.
Speaker 5: So was that?
Speaker 6: Okay? So how many? So what did you hear from him a few days.
Speaker 19: Ago that he was going to come by to the house and he did. He showed up on August seventh to do some repair work to part of the deck that he completed, and then after that he left. Then I haven't heard from him since.
Speaker 5: So the deck he completed or did some work on, was that the one he was covering?
Speaker 6: Is that the one he's going to cover with a roof?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 19: It is. We needed to do some structural repair to the railings in there.
Speaker 5: And did he fix it?
Speaker 6: Did he fix that part?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 19: He was able to fix that part.
Speaker 5: Okay, So what makes you think he won't be back?
Speaker 19: Because I've tried calling him, and then my neighbor, who has also had some work done by him, has tried calling him, and.
Speaker 6: We're going to call him for you. Is Chopper still there, I'm here, I could use the case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do that. I'm going to give this to Deputy Chopper. He's going to call this guy and find out what the hell's going on. Did you talk to him since he fixed the deck Aspen?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 19: No, I haven't all right.
Speaker 6: Let's take this case for you.
Speaker 5: Hold on, okay, dear, hold on three all three seven one three talks seven one three, eight two five five. Now let's talk to excel now speaking of roof decking, although this wasn't roof decking, but I wanted to ask you something on roof decking. If the addict is not properly ventilated, will that cause premature where to the decking itself?
Speaker 12: So probably not to the decking itself, but we do get heat blisters on asphalt shingles.
Speaker 5: So it comes through the plywood.
Speaker 12: It's like we would go through the plywood onto that backing of the shingles.
Speaker 6: And then what happens after heat blistering, It looks.
Speaker 12: Like hail damage. It can often be very close to hail damage the way it looks, especially when it loses a lot more granules.
Speaker 6: And can it then lead to leaking.
Speaker 12: I mean further down the road, But it's for sure hail damage. And you know what XL. We like to do a lot of restoration work. Yeah, but when we go around, we'll check ventilation, we'll check for heat blisters, we will check tiles. Like when I just set off your roof. I just I checked all the pop tiles, you know, going through.
Speaker 6: We had quite a few broken ones, right yeah.
Speaker 12: And we just pulled them out and fixed them. So that's one thing that we we really do differently than a lot of these companies. They just want to get in, do a full roof, and then head out. We'll go through and do maintenance. You know, people talk about roof maintenance asphalt shingles. There's not a whole lot of maintenance you can do tile roofs. There's a lot check them in all the flashing, you know, making sure everything's glued down correctly.
Speaker 5: And a lot of people have damage to tile roofs if they've had solar people up there, or if they've had other people up there putting antennas or wiring or broadband. They they can crack the corners of that tile pretty easily, right yeah.
Speaker 12: So that's called tile pop. And you know, concrete, it's just what it does. You know, it cracks, and when you have a lot of people walking up on a roof like that, it will lead to pops in different cracks and that's why that maintenance is necessary. But don't be alarmed if you install a new concrete roof and see a couple pops off of it. It's pretty normal. Just have someone go up there. There's a special glue called NP one. It's by this company called Master Seal.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I mean it is easier to break the actual tile than to get that NP one.
Speaker 6: It works that well.
Speaker 12: It is that Yeah. And when I was telling you, I was going up there trying to lift some of those tiles up to an installed events and it would break the tile before it would break that MP one seal. So I'm MP one.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: We have more coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best roof of Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage? Dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the Real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Tony, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 15: Oh, I'm you guy, getting ruling back some love. And I haven't seen my mom a while, so I started visiday and U very respressed.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hold on, Tony, Tony, I'm not understanding you completely. Just let's slow it down a little. I'm not understanding. So you have an issue with your mother?
Speaker 15: Yes? And her her provider.
Speaker 6: And who is her provider?
Speaker 14: They're called?
Speaker 11: Uh oh, okay.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter. Hold on, Tony, what issue do you have?
Speaker 15: Okay?
Speaker 11: I have an issue with She's been.
Speaker 15: Off of Medicaid almost a year. He's been trying to get back on it. They said they were taking everybody off, but there weren't because I have curosis and I've been on Medicaid the whole time. I'm still on Medicaid. Okay.
Speaker 5: Now why your mom was taking off Medicaid? Tony? Your mom was taking off Medicaid last year?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 10: And who is paying?
Speaker 5: Who is paying for her care right now? Medicare okay?
Speaker 15: So medicare okay?
Speaker 6: How old is your mom?
Speaker 5: How old is your mom? Did you say hello, Tony? How old is your mom?
Speaker 8: There are.
Speaker 5: Is Tony having Can you just take him off the air please and see what the issue is before we bring him back. Tell him to wait a minute here. Can you tell me about Euroshield Euroshield, Henry and what you guys are doing with it at EXL.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely so, as everybody pretty much knows now Colorado, we experienced a lot of hail and there's always these different shifts in the market. We went from cedar shake to now asphalt, of course, and there's always these new innovations and.
Speaker 5: They like they call them impact resistant.
Speaker 12: Absolutely. So this one that we've been looking into a lot and we're doing some installs is this stuff called a euroshield, And so it's a really cool material. It's really rubberized, so it's more rubbery than like an F wave and it's made of seventy percent recycled rubber, so it's very eco friendly.
Speaker 5: Is it really more Is it more impact resistant let's say the F wave?
Speaker 12: Absolutely, I really believe so. I think the chances of a hailstone coming through your roof would be so slim that the decking would break before this rubber would break.
Speaker 5: Well, okay, what about so you're saying it doesn't even bruise or looked at it.
Speaker 12: No, it's it's rubber, it's like a car tire.
Speaker 5: Okay, so okay, then this is incredible. Then you should get major discounts then on insurance for that, you know.
Speaker 12: But that's the thing. The euroshield is going to be much more expensive than an asphalt roof. So as a homeowner, if you want to upgrade to a guaranteed fifty year shingle, you're gonna have to come out of pocket. The insurance is not going to bump you up.
Speaker 5: Now, No, no, I know that they won't bump it up. But will they give you a discount for having it?
Speaker 12: So that's the tough part, right Because the asphalt shingles are graded one through four, So a class four asphalt shingle is the highest grade they give right now. So there's no class five, right, So there's nothing above that class four. There should be.
Speaker 6: There should be because this would be in it.
Speaker 12: The euroshield would be the class five. But there's nothing that class.
Speaker 5: So you get the same discount as you would for F wave.
Speaker 12: Unfortunately, yes, but with an F wave or I guess F wave is a little bit of a different story. If it was an asphalt roof, that would be a better comparison, because an asphalt roof you'll probably get in Colorado ten, fifteen, twenty years maybe out of that roof, whereas a Euroshield roof, I mean, you're guaranteed to fifty years and then pass that.
Speaker 6: I mean, so what you're saying is it's a lifetime roof.
Speaker 12: It really should be. But there's some drawbacks to it, right because it needs snow retention. So that's another big expense that you wouldn't have with asphalt.
Speaker 5: You need to put clips on them.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, that stuff is really slippery.
Speaker 5: And if you don't do snow retention, what happens? It builds up in the avalanche?
Speaker 12: No, I mean, it won't build up very much. It's just gonna let loose. As soon as there's enough weight up there, it's just gonna go.
Speaker 5: Well, what's wrong with that?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 5: With shedding snow?
Speaker 6: What's wrong with that?
Speaker 12: You know, there's nothing inherently wrong with it except for the danger that you know it poses people walk in get.
Speaker 6: Okay, So, but you guys love Euroshield you.
Speaker 12: Know, I wouldn't say that we love it. We're really getting familiar with it and we see a lot of potential with it and the testing that it's gone through, it just it seems like it's a great solution.
Speaker 6: Let's put it this way.
Speaker 5: With the way hail and insurance is going, I can see where you buy this stuff and then exclude hail coverage or get such a high deductible that you'll save a ton of money for sure.
Speaker 12: And you know, the big thing with us is we we service our customers. You know, we maintenance the roof. We take care of people. So if we were to install one of these things, yeah, we just come out routinely double check things, you know, make sure hey, this roof is it's it's this is surviving. Yeah, you just make sure flashings are all connected.
Speaker 5: Now I know marcz f wave, he loves it. Well, we're gonna talk about more about this impact. This might be the wave of the future. No pun intended. When we're talking about Euroshield. We got that to talk about and more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 10: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Please time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three seven seven one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped of.
Speaker 2: News you need advis you.
Speaker 5: Don't have.
Speaker 3: Come run instance as we can show.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is.
Speaker 4: The Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez, Hi.
Speaker 5: Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. I'm sorry I haven't gotten to a lot of your texts. I have been reading them all and I will get to them.
Speaker 6: I had a ton of them.
Speaker 5: This hour brought to you by cellroofing dot com. Let's talk the greatest and the coolest products and the best way of doing business. No money upfront, ever, you don't pay a cent to your content. Diane has a question about moving companies. I think is important, but so Diane.
Speaker 1: Hang on?
Speaker 5: Please? Anonymous is next? I hate using anonymous? Can I use another kind of name? Here?
Speaker 9: Complain?
Speaker 6: Hello? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 15: Hi?
Speaker 5: Can I Can I call you something? Let me call you Jim, at least go ahead, Jim, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I'm calling for my friend.
Speaker 17: It's within the Vietnamese community. So this this lady, he was like a loan shark.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 17: Basically a lot of people gave her a lot of money and one day.
Speaker 5: And were they all were they all Vietnamese immigrants?
Speaker 17: Yes, they were Americans and they just kind of, you know, they trusted her. She had a business that actually sent money back to Vietnam.
Speaker 5: Or so American, American, Japanese excuse me, American Vietnamese paid this woman a lot of money. Yes, and and and this woman you think is crooked.
Speaker 17: Yeah, she actually ended up disappearing.
Speaker 5: And what did they pay her money for?
Speaker 17: Uh, basically to you know, loan other people money as well, you.
Speaker 5: Know, Okay, were they supposed to make a return on their investment?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 9: Correct?
Speaker 6: Oh I get it.
Speaker 5: So a lot of American Vietnamese invested with someone who was supposed to use the money and and make loans.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 17: She was like, yeah, a loan you're pretty much like a bank.
Speaker 6: But you're calling her a loan shark.
Speaker 17: Yeah, because you know, you know, I don't think it's it's legal what she was doing.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, do you know anyone Do you know anyone that got loans from this lady?
Speaker 17: I don't. I'm just translating it, but I don't know who. I don't know anybody specifically who got loans from the lady. But I know, well, actually I do. My That's why I'm calling for my friend. She got a loan from the lady, but she actually gave her own money, you know, yeah, to give for this lady for I mean, she's worked off.
Speaker 5: Okay, so the friend that you have, how much did your friend invest?
Speaker 17: One hundred and thirty thousand is what she told me.
Speaker 5: So do you have a friend that invests that invested one hundred and thirty thousand?
Speaker 8: Correct?
Speaker 5: And what did she get back?
Speaker 3: Nothing?
Speaker 17: She she was supposed to get something back, like the end a couple of months ago. She was supposed to get something back, but the lady pretty much packed up and disappeared. We don't know where she's at. You have a business, she had a business here off of federal uh, you know, to wire money back to Vietnam for instance.
Speaker 5: Now, was she was the woman who was doing this if it's a scam, this so called con woman. Was she a US citizen, do you know?
Speaker 17: Yes, yes, yes, she had been here for you know.
Speaker 5: Was she a Vietnamese? Was she the American Vietnamese?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: And she was taking advantage.
Speaker 5: Of her she was she was basically conning her own community.
Speaker 17: Yes, correct, this whole community. I've heard rumors that she'd probably have I'm boards of like ten million dollars. I'm not even sure if that's at the room.
Speaker 5: Obviously, God, how long has she been operating?
Speaker 17: Twenty years? Twenty plus years, I would say.
Speaker 6: Doing the same thing.
Speaker 17: Oh well, if she had the business of wiring money back to Vietnam, how was her business?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: What I want to know is how long did your friend have this money invested? How many years ago?
Speaker 17: Probably about ten years?
Speaker 5: She says she invested one hundred and thirty ten years ago.
Speaker 17: Within ten within the ten years. She would just get her you know, if she would work and save, work and save, give this lady.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, why did she keep doing it? What was she hoping to have some kind of retirement account? Probably?
Speaker 17: Yeah, just you know, instead of like it in the bank, she would trust this later.
Speaker 5: Now, do you know other Vietnamese people, other American Vietnamese who lost similar amounts of money?
Speaker 17: I do not know them personally. I just heard rumors that, you know, even a couple might have lost like four hundred thousand in their retirement.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: Oh that is sad.
Speaker 17: Let me let me ask you something specifically.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you something.
Speaker 5: Do you think did any of them contact the FBI?
Speaker 12: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well, we need to make a case here. We need to open some kind of a case. It may or may not help, but at least we can get started there. Now, if you could be my contact, I'd love it. I will not divulge your your identity, but I would like to have at least your name behind the scenes so I can call you.
Speaker 6: Is that okay?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 6: And really what I'd like.
Speaker 5: To do is I'd like to start by getting your friend to.
Speaker 6: Report to the FBI.
Speaker 5: Okay, because truly, this is what this is the kind of thing the FBI will look at, especially it's It's truly.
Speaker 6: One of the things they really concentrate on.
Speaker 5: And I'm not telling you they're going to automatically find this woman. But does anyone have a clue where this woman went.
Speaker 12: I don't think so.
Speaker 6: Ah, okay, I.
Speaker 17: Mean just gone back to Vietnam, is my assumption.
Speaker 5: Just you know, do you think she amassed a big amount of money?
Speaker 9: I think she did.
Speaker 17: I don't know. I don't know if the rumor is true. You know, people talk, but I don't. I don't really. Yeah, from a relative of mine who.
Speaker 9: Kind of knew her.
Speaker 5: Do you speak Vietnam? Do you speak Vietnamese?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 17: I mean it's not advance or anything enough to dis communicate, are you okay?
Speaker 5: Is is your friend able to find other victims?
Speaker 17: I don't think so. I asked her that, and she doesn't know of anybody that this is, this has happened to.
Speaker 5: Do you have a name for the con Do you have a name for the woman that was collecting money?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 17: She owned the business.
Speaker 5: And what was the name of her business?
Speaker 17: Uh?
Speaker 3: I have the card?
Speaker 1: Tom?
Speaker 5: I have the card?
Speaker 14: Tom?
Speaker 9: Yeah? You have you have the card?
Speaker 8: Kelly?
Speaker 6: Kelly.
Speaker 5: What is the name of the woman.
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 18: Okay, I'm going to do my best here without murdering.
Speaker 6: Just spell it, just spell it the first name.
Speaker 5: Do you see h O A N G. Kushong. Sure we'll go with that.
Speaker 9: You see h.
Speaker 17: The last name is h O A G.
Speaker 6: Cook Wong yep Cook and and the last name is spelled oh.
Speaker 5: Last name is h got it got it couch Hong okay.
Speaker 6: And what was the name of her business?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: That was it?
Speaker 17: I mean it's basically okay, I believe.
Speaker 6: It's Couch Hong.
Speaker 17: Okay.
Speaker 5: Listen, Kelly, did you try the number on that card?
Speaker 17: It's a it's a money Graham B I N a money gram business. So it's kind of like Western Union.
Speaker 5: Geez hey, Kelly, is there a number on there? Did you try the number on the card?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 5: It doesn't ring to anything, It just continuously rings.
Speaker 7: Doesn't even have an answering machine.
Speaker 6: And is it bill?
Speaker 5: Is it listed as a cell phone or as a business phone? There are actually two numbers and they one has been disconnected and the other one just rings endlessly.
Speaker 17: Oh man, it's like a cash checking business, also like a money gram. Does it like Western what?
Speaker 5: But does it have an actual name the business?
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's pretty much her name, which is Kwang And then it says underneath the I N A money Graham that's the name of the building.
Speaker 5: Did you say V I N A as in Victor v I n A.
Speaker 20: Yeah, yeah, Victor v I n A Vina Okay, and it and it's actually called Vina money Graham.
Speaker 5: Correct, Okay, you.
Speaker 17: Know be incorporated and Verna nut check. I'm thinking that's the casting your your you know your?
Speaker 5: Is it being a check incorporated or just Vina check.
Speaker 11: Via check?
Speaker 6: But okay, listen.
Speaker 17: And viena check.
Speaker 6: Got it, Kitchina.
Speaker 5: What I want to do is I want to help I want to try to find some people who might know about this.
Speaker 6: So let's do this. Let's get use.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be the contact here, get as much as we can here on contacting mister anonymous here, and then send me that card if you can take a pic of it and send that to me. Okay, do we have any pictures of this woman? I don't know, could you and and do you think.
Speaker 17: No, we don't have pictures of her, but she's a pretty well known in the community apparently.
Speaker 6: Do you think she's on do you think she's on Facebook?
Speaker 9: Probably?
Speaker 6: If you could.
Speaker 5: Help me, I'm trying to I'd like to try to find a picture of her and then I'm going to get a hold of the f I bet you if.
Speaker 17: You type in her name or her picture probably would come up.
Speaker 5: Hey, Kitchina, could you try doing a search store in the break? Okay, hang on and I'm gonna I'm gonna be back in touch with you. Three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Hi Tom Martino here, Diane. What's going on?
Speaker 5: You have a question about moving companies? I hope you didn't already get ripped off, because it's a big area of ripoff.
Speaker 21: I know, and I didn't do anything yet.
Speaker 6: Oh thank goodness.
Speaker 21: I just want to tell you a little bit of my situation. I'm seventy one years old, I'm legally blind. I walk with a cane, and I know I use a cane. And I have a one bedroom apartment and I love it. It's small, and my carpet's going to be replaced next week. I don't have anybody. I have to move this furniture out to a vacant apartment, like on Monday, and then they put the carpet in Tuesday, and I have to move the furniture back in. I mean, it wouldn't even take an hour. You know, I'm getting quotes of like one thousand dollars to do this.
Speaker 5: Okay, Now, do you have the blank apartment already set up?
Speaker 20: Yes?
Speaker 21: The management does. Yes, it's just putting it in there overnight. It's not setting it up in there, just throwing it in there overnight. And then they come back and I just the only thing they would have to is hook my bed up death.
Speaker 5: What what are the bids you're getting? What are the bids? You're getting.
Speaker 21: Five hundred and fifty a day for one So for one person? For two well, I think it's going to be two people because they have to move a bed.
Speaker 5: Wait and mat, So is it five point fifty for the day for two people?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, So both days will cost you about eleven yes, okay.
Speaker 5: And you have a one bedroom apartment. Do you have a lot of big, heavy stuff? No?
Speaker 21: I have a bed, a couch, a death and everything. I would pack everything out of it. I mean they would just have to lift it and push it there.
Speaker 5: You know, do you own do you own this place?
Speaker 20: Well?
Speaker 21: No, no, I'm rented.
Speaker 6: And who's replacing the carpet?
Speaker 13: The management?
Speaker 5: Okay? And is this mandatory or did they did they say you know whether you like it or not?
Speaker 6: Or did you request this and they're doing you a solid?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 14: Both?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 6: Got it? Okay, I have an idea.
Speaker 5: Okay, if if I was doing this, I would not use a moving company at this point.
Speaker 6: It's because it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Well, it's ridiculous. All you're doing is moving out and moving back in. You're and the is the other apartment right next to yours?
Speaker 21: I'm not sure I know if I'm the same floor, so I'm not okay, right.
Speaker 13: All right now, it's ye.
Speaker 6: Are the halls pretty narrow?
Speaker 21: No, they're very wide.
Speaker 13: It's a new building. We've only been.
Speaker 14: Built eight years ago. They're very well.
Speaker 5: I want I want all my pains in the ass who listen to me to plug their ears. I would call my but if you don't speak Spanish, just gonna be hell. I would call my Venezuelan buddies. No, I'm not. I am so serious. I'm as serious as a heart attack. I would call my Venezuelan buddies and have them do it. And I look at I I use Google Translate. I'm not suggesting. And people might think, oh, Tom, this is dangerous. They've heard about the Venezuelan gangs.
Speaker 6: And all of this. I'm talking about people I've.
Speaker 5: Known since they got here, and I've been helping them out, and they're always looking for odd jobs and they're hard working.
Speaker 6: And however, take line one.
Speaker 5: Okay, take line one, Brian, Go ahead, Brian, Hi, Tom, Hey, what's going on.
Speaker 11: Hey, I've called the show a few times before.
Speaker 22: I am a handyman and I just my schedule is pretty open. If you can find the call or to call in and help me, I'll move a furniture and went back for free.
Speaker 5: Well we're not asking you to do it for free, but that's wonderful.
Speaker 6: I mean, now, Brian, are you.
Speaker 5: The Brian that I know.
Speaker 21: Called a few times.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're not the Brian. I I was thinking of another Brian. But that's great. You're You're I recognize you, Brian. I'm sure she'll pay one hundred and two hundred bucks. I mean, she just doesn't want to pay a thousand.
Speaker 6: I mean we need to be realistic here.
Speaker 9: Well, if it's only you take an hour to move it and then come.
Speaker 11: Back the next day and move it back. You know, I can help her. If she wants give me a few bucks, that's fine, but I need what you need.
Speaker 5: If you don't, you don't have a friend that would do it too, I'll.
Speaker 21: Tell you what.
Speaker 11: Let me make a few calls and i'll call the show back.
Speaker 5: But let me just be fair here and hold on a second. Even though Diane, would you be willing to pay, let's say each person like, no, I'm serious now, each person one hundred dollars a day, so that would be a total of four hundred Yes, you and Brian. The only reason I say that is truly, I mean, let you know, let's really get her some help and maybe your friend will come over and for a couple hundred bucks for a couple hours of work.
Speaker 21: Even an hour, it won't take you an hour.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: If it won't take him an hour, then then I don't care if you pay one hundred and fifty each. I don't know, but I'm saying, Brian, don't tell your friend. It's free.
Speaker 6: I want somebody who's going to show up and help you.
Speaker 5: Brian. Okay, where you located, Diane, without giving your exact address?
Speaker 6: Like what area angle Wood?
Speaker 21: Near a Swedish hospital?
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, I know work where that is?
Speaker 14: Okay, yeah, I'll get a buddy.
Speaker 9: We'll do it for one hundred bucks each.
Speaker 6: Brian, you're a wonderful guy. Listen, here's I want to do, Kashena. Let's get this.
Speaker 5: Uh and then just to a quick just pull a quick background for Brian. Please, Brian, I'm sorry, Please, I gotta be safe. Just please, thank you. Absolutely, sus will pull a quick background, Diane.
Speaker 6: So we'll pull a background check.
Speaker 14: Okay, oh, thank you God.
Speaker 5: I just want to.
Speaker 6: Make sure he's not an AX murderer.
Speaker 5: And but hold on, Kashina, let's make this connection. That's what the Troubleshooter show is all about. Hang on, I'm Tom Martine Moore coming up. Go with a sure thing. Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here, So the background check on Brian came back. Great. He will be helping that woman out. We love, love, love doing this.
Speaker 6: This is what the show is all about.
Speaker 5: Connections. And thank you Brian. And now let's talk to Jules, who has a question about guardianship jewels.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Hi Tom, how are you have you got a minute to talk to me? Please?
Speaker 5: Yes, go ahead, Jules?
Speaker 8: Will you please to take down this number of a person?
Speaker 5: No, wait, don't give me a phone number. I'll take it off the air. What do you want me to do with the phone number.
Speaker 8: Jewles, Well, this person in Idaho is in my family, and this person has been trying to put me under a guardian, guardian, guardy and chip that I don't want.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jules, let me ask you a couple of questions. Is this a relative of yours?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 6: What kind of relative? A brother, sister and uncle?
Speaker 8: What a sister of mine?
Speaker 5: Okay? So your sister is trying to get you into a what assisted living home?
Speaker 8: No? A guardianship that I don't want.
Speaker 5: She's trying to be your guardian.
Speaker 8: Well, I don't want that.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm just asking. Is that what she's trying to do?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not her, but I don't want that.
Speaker 5: No, I get it. Jewels, let me ask you something, Jeules, Have you ever had a guardian?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: How old are you? Jewles? Sixty nine September sixty nine?
Speaker 8: I have a guardian angel?
Speaker 5: Huh, I got it. Now, you're sixty nine years old. And what have you have you worked for a living these past several years?
Speaker 8: Yes? I have all my life?
Speaker 5: What did you do for a career?
Speaker 8: I was on the farm for almost forty years and then I moved into town. I was pizza. I had campal jobs in college.
Speaker 5: So, Jewles, what do you do now? Are in your social security?
Speaker 8: Well? How was recycling every day at that house and doing all my chores.
Speaker 5: No, no, but how do you support yourself? Now, Jewles, I.
Speaker 8: Have one check I get ninety dollars at the end of the month, and the next two or three days to get eight hundred and seventy dollars.
Speaker 5: And where, okay, where do you get that from Social Security?
Speaker 8: I have one that says to SID and the other one is a disability. But I don't know how.
Speaker 5: I'm okay, no, no, that's okay, Jewels. Now listen, So you get enough money to live on.
Speaker 8: I'm going into my hometown to buy my own apartment.
Speaker 5: Now, I guess, well, do you have money saved up?
Speaker 8: A tiny bit? On Thursday?
Speaker 5: Are you? Let me ask you this, Jules, just a few questions. Are you homeless?
Speaker 8: Almost?
Speaker 5: Well? Have you ever thought maybe your sister wants to help you?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: I know, otherwise, what do you think she wants to do?
Speaker 8: Well, Brenda got me out of that house and now she has a house on the market. And I was with that house.
Speaker 5: Wait what what house? Was that a family house?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: Why did she want you out of it?
Speaker 8: Was she kid to get her ninety thousand dollars back?
Speaker 6: So who bought that house?
Speaker 5: Was that your mom's house?
Speaker 8: Well, Josephine had me and mom been it for a lot of years and then Eddie.
Speaker 5: I get it. Did your mom die?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: And now your sister, so your sister used to have your mother live there?
Speaker 8: No, that was joseph my aunt Josephine.
Speaker 5: Or your aunt Josephine. Does aunt Josephine own the house?
Speaker 8: You know? It was eighties and Louise and then Burnett bought off of that, Maggie.
Speaker 5: And is Bernadette your sister? Yes, so Bernadette bought it. And now did she evict you?
Speaker 8: Almost? Yeah? Pretty much?
Speaker 1: Does she?
Speaker 5: Did she tell you you had to leave?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: And what do you think she will do if she becomes your guardian?
Speaker 8: I can't have that.
Speaker 5: No, No, I'm not asking you to What would she do if she became your guardian?
Speaker 8: He's been trying to put me in a host home where the quarantine me and I can't have that.
Speaker 5: You mean she's trying to put you into assisted living or.
Speaker 8: A host home and I can't have that?
Speaker 5: Well, okay? And why is that? Because you want to be on your own? Yes, okay, and you can take care of yourself apparently, do you do you.
Speaker 6: Have a doctor?
Speaker 8: Oh? Yes, I have more than one doctor.
Speaker 5: And what kind of doctors do you have?
Speaker 8: I have first responders and my medical doctors.
Speaker 5: Is there anything wrong with you? Do you have an illness or any kind of an illness?
Speaker 8: Well? I had to have any vision in my right eye.
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 6: What else?
Speaker 8: Well? I used to have a speech impenitent. I kind of had different troubles to to us now and.
Speaker 5: Then, Okay, may I ask you something else?
Speaker 8: Jules?
Speaker 5: Do you ever see a psychiatrist or a psychologist?
Speaker 8: Well? I would like to you if it doesn't cost me anything.
Speaker 5: Okay? Are you on Are you on Medicaid and Medicare too?
Speaker 8: And insurance? Yes?
Speaker 6: Who pays for your ETNA insurance?
Speaker 8: I guess it's taking out of my paycheck?
Speaker 5: What paycheck?
Speaker 8: And so security building?
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, got it?
Speaker 5: Okay, So do you have good insurance when you have to see a doctor?
Speaker 8: I hope?
Speaker 5: So who writes out your bills and takes care of your everyday stuff?
Speaker 8: If that was Brendadette Brenda took over mom's house, No, I get.
Speaker 5: It, But that's your sister. Yes, Now, who's going to do it? Now? If you leave the house and you're on your own. Who's going to take care of all that stuff?
Speaker 8: Well, the house has been boarded up and I need a hearing to get all my possessions out of there.
Speaker 5: And well where are you living right now?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 5: Where will you stay tonight? Jules?
Speaker 8: I'm in extended state in Westminster Jewels?
Speaker 5: Would you mind if we talked with your sister?
Speaker 8: I'll tell you your number after the call?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Can we? I want to? I want to talk to her. But you have a place to stay tonight, is that right?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 5: And you have enough money to pay for this extended stay.
Speaker 8: It's being billed to Imagine to who imagine im fiet?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 8: Is that?
Speaker 5: Is that an organization that helps you?
Speaker 8: Apparently?
Speaker 5: Okay, Hey, Kachina, do me a favor. Get the name and number.
Speaker 6: Of his sister off the air.
Speaker 5: I'll take this one too, and let's get her on and talk to her. Okay, Jules hang on? Okay? Three oh three seven one three talk three O three seven one three A two five five go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until your ten time for an insurance check. Up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino and Henry Oh. Before we run out of time and I'll get to mark, what do you want to talk about? What do you want to promote more than anything, the roofing, the impact resistant or what No.
Speaker 12: I think it's just really important to touch on making sure home owners know to file their claims.
Speaker 5: Because after a year, you don't get coverage.
Speaker 12: You don't you know, it's it's basically a year after the date of incident from that hailstorm, and then after that you're out of luck. And so even if you haven't locked in that contractor yet, you should still file that claim. And when you're looking for a contractor check their Google reviews, do your diligence, make.
Speaker 6: Sure and use Excel seriously.
Speaker 5: Now listen, here's here's what I want to say, and this is very serious when you file the claim. If Excel can't get out there first, don't let anyone else tell you you have to sign something for them to look at your roof. There is no requirement ever, there's no insurance requirement nothing. You never have to sign anything to get a free estimate or a contract. Ever. The next thing, if you call your insurance if you're pretty sure you have damage, call them and have an adjuster command I at least get started. But you don't have to let the roofer look at what the adjuster recommended.
Speaker 8: You.
Speaker 5: Let the roofer put their expertise to work.
Speaker 6: And you really don't. You don't want to roof for carts there.
Speaker 12: You want to have someone go out and do an inspection first. And I can you can't, yes for sure. So if you aren't sure, if you have damage, call us first. We'll come out and do an inspection.
Speaker 5: Do you promise to get out there within the next few days though?
Speaker 12: Absolutely okay. For these recent storms. You gotta file this stuff quick or they'll just they won't cover it.
Speaker 5: Okay, So you'll go out and inspect within a few days. Absolutely okay, So get a roofer and make them put their money where their mouth is. Don't ever use the roofer who says what we'll do whatever the insurance company wants. That's the last roofer in the world that you want. And before you go, Henry, I'll give out this number. But people, you're not gonna believe what they did to my roof. I thought I had a wonderful home and I had everything buttoned down. I had virtually no attic insulation. So they put in like ten vents to solar fans. It's a large home, but man, I got to tell you something, it's gonna make a huge bit of difference, especially now with my whole house fan. My whole house fan will work ten times better. Plus they have the attic fans, right.
Speaker 12: Yeah, absolutely, those attic fans are awesome. They just they suck all that hot air out and especially with those oversized B one forty four events, that whole house fan is going to be much more of it.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: Remember people, you may not need that many, but they'll give you a free look at that too. If you want to look at your attic ventilation, it's serious. It'll help you with heating and cooling. Now their number THREEHO three seven sixty one sixty four hundred three oh three seven six one sixty four hundred excelroofing dot com. Now during the show you heard from Jewels. We're going to have him being helped off the air. We're going to talk to his sister. He obviously had some probably mental disabilities of some kind. We also had Diane's seventy one years old legally blind needs help moving out of her apartment temporarily while they replace the carpeting. We had a listener and a friend volunteer to help her there. Then we have a Vietnamese American who has taken advantage of with a loan shark. We're working on that one. We are doing a ton, so you stick around to hear more tomorrow on the Troubleshooter Show. If you need help, call us at three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six, and you can also text me directly seven four seven, nine nine nine fifty two eighty