Speaker 1: All right, twelve oh eight, and welcome in. It's the average American in to the great American.
Speaker 2: Here. I'm this Thursday. Glad you are with us?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, we are plowing ahead into another weekend, another day closer to Christmas, another day hopefully of getting this country back on the right track. It's amazing how things are all interweaved, isn't it anymore? It's amazing how when one thing happens, it leads back to another. And some would say, well, wait a minute, what are we talking about conspiracy theories? Well, no, but we're talking about theories that have most of us wondering what the hell's going on? And it's been that way largely for the last four years. Just see what Look what has happened here in the last couple of weeks. First of all, you've got Christopher Ray residing as the FBI director. Yesterday he was going to be out one way or the other. So he leaves with a shred of day dignity, despite the fact that he was part of the weaponization unlike any I've ever seen maybe you've ever seen.
Speaker 2: And I can go back really to following this.
Speaker 1: Stuff to the days of the Nixon administration part of the weaponization of justice in America, so he quits. Last February, we had a spy balloon flying over the United States taking pictures of god knows what and sending it back to China. We had drones flying over the state of New Jersey in parts of New York City. The FBI said yesterday it has absolutely no explanation. All they wanted to do, all the State Department wanted to do was laugh at that congressman from New Jersey who said there was some sort of mothership parked off the coast of New York and New Jersey, probably from Iran, that were launching these drones that are flying dangerously over military installations and infrastructure like water systems and electrical grids. But they have no other explanation, which is frightening. Either they don't know on one level and they're not telling us, or they do know and they're refusing to tell us.
Speaker 2: And now there.
Speaker 1: Is this information that has come down on the last week that only thirty seven percent of us have been vaccinated against the flu this year, thirty seven percent. We are right in the middle, right in the teeth of the flu season. Nineteen percent of US have taken the COVID booster shot. Now, dial back in time, dial back just to twenty twenty one, a scant three years ago when if you didn't do either one of those things, you were thinking that you were playing jeopardy with.
Speaker 2: Your life or the lives of others.
Speaker 1: But it all weaves its way forward into where we are right now, because quite frankly, nobody trusts the government. We just don't what government agency would you trust right now?
Speaker 2: The CDC, the.
Speaker 1: NIH, the FBI, the DOJ, pick any one of those three initial governments that reside inside the Beltway of Washington, DC and ten tew me which one you really trust? The Department of Homeland Security DHS. Oh yeah, the one that allowed the invasion of what at least eleven million people that we know about, and god knows how many that have been got that are called gotaways from the southern border. Who do you trust? Because invariably the truth will come out. The truth has come out about the COVID origins. And while we were told back in twenty and twenty twenty one that somebody ate a bat or a pangolin or some sort of animal over in China, and then sneezed on a couple of other people in China, and all of a sudden, it released a worldwide epidemic that killed millions of people and also killed millions of people inside this country, infected many more people than That changed our lifestyle completely. Where we could go, where we could go to places with who would be able to teach our children the way they needed to be taught, All kinds of things like that, the inability to go to church, the inability to commune with any other people that we are destined as humans to do if we want to survive. We are social beings. We were lied to. We now know after this Subcommittee on the Coronavirus. The report coming out last week, five hundred and twenty page report rather exhaustive. It stated that quote COVID nineteen most likely emerged from a laboratory in Wuhan, China. End quote well, slap me upside the head with a skillet. Didn't see that one coming. It also found that social distancing was quote unquote not based on science, and further went on to say, quote unquote, there was no conclusive evidence that wearing masks protected Americans from COVID nineteen. Yet we were told, wear a mask, stay six feet away, get the shot, because it'll keep you from getting COVID. No, wait a minute, it won't do that. It'll keep you from giving COVID to everyone else. No, no, no, wait a minute, it will, it will. And it went on and on, the flip flops, the lies, all because we they the three initial agencies inside the Beltway at Washington, DC, could not tell the truth. Standing by somebody to weigh in on all of this, because there are several implications over and above what has transpired, as you well know, inside the medical community in just the last week, the assassination of the CEO of United Healthcare and the arrest of the suspect that the media seems ready to convict.
Speaker 2: Will wait on that.
Speaker 1: You really have to be careful with Burbiage when you have pending litigation, particularly when it involves someone who is accused of murder. Regardless of what the overwhelming evidence is and regardless of what authorities, detectives and what not say, you have to be careful. It would seem like that this is a case that is not going to go well for Luigi.
Speaker 2: Whomever.
Speaker 1: But we do know that trust in any level right now is shaky at best. I want to bring on somebody I have on the show a lot. I have Todd Furnas on the show because he understands, particularly when it comes to the medical community, exactly what's true, what's not true, what's wrong with healthcare in this country, and how you can solve it.
Speaker 2: It's not a difficult thing. He wrote a book about it.
Speaker 1: It's an easy, quick read that makes logical and sensible conclusions. It's called Rethinking America's Healthcare, The sixty Percent Solution. Let me bring the author on to talk about this and more. The aforementioned Todd Furnas. How are you on this glorious day?
Speaker 3: I am sure, vic Ken, thank you so much for having me today.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you're here. All right.
Speaker 1: Look, you and I have been talking about COVID, its origins, what it did to the American public, to the world for that matter. We've been talking about that for over five years. And now, finally, as most things do in government, finally, after a laborious road that was taken, this Congressional sub committee concluded that it likely originated in a lab in Wuhan, China. Well imagine that. Who didn't see that one coming right, shocking.
Speaker 4: But true, and if anything, this is the report is kind of affirming a lot of the stuff that you and I have been talking about for a long time, which, by the way, I might started off when I was still young and impetuous in many damp but the House Community for Somebody report was very, very critical and very damning for not only a lot of the institutions in the United States and outside of the United States, but very specifically around around individuals who were called out specifically in the report.
Speaker 1: Fauci, it looks like and together with de Berks and the CDC, they just made up a lot of this stuff. First of all, he flip flopped on everything, so you know, you couldn't really never tell what he was telling the truth.
Speaker 2: But I mean, he just said The.
Speaker 1: Closed door testimony had Fauci testifying that social distancing was not based on science, that face coverings, that face they knew face coverings weren't going to work. They were fifteen days to slow the growth. It was all made up. It was just stuff they came up with who knows in what state of mind, and we all kind of figured there was something nefarious going on, but we were scared to death of COVID. And it turns out the people we were trusting to come up with answers they it might as well have been just an academia exercise for them.
Speaker 3: Well, and I think you're spot on there.
Speaker 4: Dever, Burks admitted in an interview I watched on television some time ago where she said, yeah, this was completely fabricated. There was no basis whatsoever in science now at all that a six front a six foot distance between you and the next person is going to have any impact whatsoever on giving or getting COVID.
Speaker 3: But having said that, you know, I think what they are trying to.
Speaker 4: Do, in fairness is employ some sense, some semblance of common sense. I mean, if you have a covering over your mouth, one would think they would it would prevent prevent things from moving back and forth.
Speaker 3: The problem with is and I like this analogy.
Speaker 4: It said, it's kind of like trying to catch mosquitoes or some mosquitos from going from your yard to the next door neighbor's yard using a.
Speaker 3: Chain link sense.
Speaker 4: The particles for the virus are so small and so transmittable that they can permeate that membrane called the face mask. So that's why the specific types of masks were then later advocated. But the fact that they were mandating these things is where you know, civil liberties get called into play. Business were shut down, and all sorts of other really really bad things that were employed and implement. But it goes further now where courts have now said that those companies and those federal and state organizations determinate the people because they wouldn't get vaccinated, they wouldn't wear masks, even if they had religious or medical exemptions. Have to reinstate those people and reimburse them and give them back.
Speaker 3: Pay and uls three of other things. But the problems get worse and worse the more you read this reform.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this report also says that its origin was in this lab in Wuhan, and this is the quote which has a history of conducting gain of function research at inadequate biosafety levels end quote. And then it goes on to say that researchers in that lab were sick with COVID like viruses as far back as the fall of twenty nineteen. We know that the United States has sent money over to that lab for studying gain and function research. Should we have any doubt at this point that COVID nineteen there were American dollars all over that.
Speaker 4: Well, there's certainly an obvious need to confirm what appears to be clear, and so you never want to be.
Speaker 3: Overseealousness.
Speaker 4: But this needs to be fully developed and fully understood.
Speaker 3: But it certainly looks bad for the home team, let's put it that way.
Speaker 1: And all of this has a cascading effect. I'm looking at a story in the Washington Post here a couple of days ago, thirty seven percent have received a seasonal flu shot. Nineteen percent have gotten the updated COVID vaccine. The residual effect is, we don't trust these people. We don't trust what they say anymore. We don't trust the CDC, we don't trust the NAH. There are a lot of government agencies we don't trust anymore. The things that we have just taken for granted that we should do now we're questioning and probably putting our own health at risk because of the way these people handled COVID. And I think that's one of the biggest tragedies of all of this, mixed in with deaths and what it did to people that might have had some mental instability before they had a social distance. I mean, this thing is going to have a cascading effect for decades.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: The erosion of the public trust is a terrible thing that is a consequence of the way that this is. Hammon completely agree with you having said that, the other side of the coin is.
Speaker 3: It increases the personal responsibility.
Speaker 4: We all have to take to be inquisitive and to go do our own homework. I think the other side of the coin is that we've perhaps relied too much on this dogma.
Speaker 3: That's been coming out, and what it reminds.
Speaker 4: Us of President jaring fashion is that we need to do our own homework and be thoughtful and intentional about how we take our healthcare and.
Speaker 3: Our nutrition seriously.
Speaker 4: And I think you know, if you know, I'm not promoting or or arguing against by me is the nomination of mister Kennedy. But what he has come out and said is I just want people to be informed. I don't want to take anybody's vaccinations away. I just want to make sure that they're informed as fully as is possible given the library of research it's available on these topics. And what he's really saying is, hey, a lot of stuff is not. The province of the federal government is really the province of the stake of it. But ultimately it's always the province of the individual to know what's best for themselves.
Speaker 1: Todd Furnish our guest. He's the author of the sixty percent solution rethinking America's healthcare system. You know, you and I talked off the air of five years ago when my dad was still alive. He was in the hospital for a completely different reason other than COVID, but he was tested virtually every day, largely because these hospitals benefited from having patients that not only were there for some other malady, but if they contracted COVID, there was a financial incentive for those hospitals. Then and suddenly we started seeing on death certificates COVID along with the real reason why people died. And now we see a study that just came to light that hospital building practices are creating billions and billions of added revenue for hospitals simply because of upcoding, in other words, taking one particular ailment and then finding various avenues that lead to something else that patients can be treated for. It it's a scam it's between you know, it's between insurance companies, and it's between hospitals. And at the end of it, the person that pays the most, that can least afford it is the patient that's in there just trying to get better. Maybe more and more light shed upon that may make more and more people understand just what a labyrinth it is when you get sick and have to go to the hospital.
Speaker 4: Right well, with the hope that you'll invite me back for a really more in depth com She's from this very topic at this point in a few things. There are three types of codes involved in every building system. One is called as from ICD, which is the International Classification of Diseases. It's developed by the World Health Organization, and already you should be nervous that was developed to attract diseases globally, not to be a part of a building system.
Speaker 3: And what they're doing is they're saying, hey.
Speaker 4: We can with just a slight of a pen, we can change you from one RG to another.
Speaker 3: And that has huge billing implications.
Speaker 4: But to give you an idea of the magnitude, ICD nine had sixteen thousand codes, ICD ten one hundred and fifty five thousand codes.
Speaker 3: Wow, so it's just it's a niche opportunity for fraud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, apparently there's a lot of that going on. Tell yeah, Todd, it's great catching up with you and yeah, yeah, you know, I every time I call you say yes, so you know I'm going to be calling here pretty soon. We'll get more into that, and I'm sure there'll be something else that pops up each now and then as well. Stay well and we'll visit down the road. Thanks, hey, sons, enjoy Thanks again, you bet. I mean, it's just, you know, the more you don't tell the truth, the less somebody will believe what you say. That is a basic precept of life and whether they think we couldn't handle it or what. You don't need that from your government. We don't need big Brother. We need people that tell us the truth and let us, as rational thinking human beings, figure it out on our own. We'll see if that changes come January twentieth. It is twelve twenty five. It's the average American in for the Great American. Glad you are with us today as always on seven hundred WLW twelve thirty eight News Radio seven hundred WLW the average American in for the Great American. A reminder, all the people that work in Washington, DC. Guess who pays for them? Who pays their salary? You got it?
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 1: Me and everyone else? It pays taxes. Let not that be lost in the conversation on the show today, We're going to get into why everybody is so unhappy at their job because I'm looking at a survey by Gallup and actually some testimonial on this from other people that are in the job market business, and everybody is it seems like everybody an overwhelming number.
Speaker 2: Everybody's a big word.
Speaker 1: An overwhelming number of people are not only unhappy, they have dedicated themselves in twenty twenty five to finding a new job. Why is no one happy with where they work anymore?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's because they have to be there? Is that part of the deal, Like you gotta go into the office now. After we had recess for about six to nine months during COVID, maybe longer than that.
Speaker 2: And also.
Speaker 1: The guy that shot the United United Healthcare CEO Luigi allegedly shot the United Healthcare CEO Luigi Mangone. Why now are there people like glorifying this guy. Why are people saying that, you know, he's sexy or I'd like to date him, or you know, people are actually buying ornaments and Luigi Mangione paraphernalia. What makes this society like ours gravitate to the quote unquote bad boys. We'll get into that as well here before we're done at two thirty. And you know, I mean, the nonsense just keeps coming. Elizabeth Warren, who is maybe one of the biggest nitwits that works inside.
Speaker 2: Of the Beltway.
Speaker 1: Actually the bigger netwits are the people in Massachusetts that keep voting to sender back to Washington, DC. So here was Elizabeth Warren on MSNBC talking about out this whole case of the guy who allegedly shot the United CEO healthcare officer and shot him to death. Here's Elizabeth Warren on MSNBC.
Speaker 5: And what happens when you turn this into the billionaires run at all is they get the opportunity to squeeze every last penny. Yeah, and look, we'll say it over and over. Violence is never the answer that this guy gets a trial who's allegedly killed the CEO of United Health. But you can only push people so far and then they start to take matters in their own hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, does that sound like a call to action? As Sicco's out there like we should expect it a breaking news, Liz. You guys, you guys, you got it. You got Obamacare pass. Remember remember there, you remember Obamacare. You know what Obama is all the things that was supposed to solve with our healthcare problems here in the United States.
Speaker 2: You can keep your plan.
Speaker 1: Almost ten million people lost coverage during the first enrollment period. Or you can keep your doctor, except that over two hundred thousand doctors opted.
Speaker 2: Out of Obamacare.
Speaker 1: Well, your premiums are going to go down by twenty five hundred dollars. In the first four years of Obamacare, they went up sixty percent. You'll have more access to care. Yeah, except those doctors that opted out of Obamacare. I had one of those. Didn't want to put up with a nonsense quit retired. Pre existing conditions will be protected. Oh no, they didn't, No, they weren't. Didn't prevent anybody from going bankrupt or from dying. The fact there was a survey done in twenty nineteen. It was a study and you know it found it found there was no reduction in mortality for those that participated in Obamacare, which in actuality meant enrollment in Obamacare had the same impact as every other form of insurance, and it had the same impact of those who decided not.
Speaker 2: To have any kind of insurance.
Speaker 1: Honestly, sometimes I think people just want to point fingers and yell. Then, of course we have the flying drones over New Jersey and New York. Maybe people out in this area of the country aren't concerned. What would you do if you had flying drones flying over Dell High or you know, Norwood, like every night for the last month. What do you think the reaction would be. And the government won't tell us what's going on, or they know what's going on and they won't tell us, or they don't know what's going on. I mean, you pick which one you think is a better deal. So this Congressman in New Jersey, Jeff Van Drew, his district is one of the districts that these drones are appearing nightly. First of all, please explain to me how allegedly the most sophisticated military in the history of mankind doesn't know where these drones are coming from.
Speaker 2: Please explain to me.
Speaker 1: If we can't identify that. What kind of chance do we stand when drones are weaponized and start taking people out, taking buildings out, taking cities out. So they either know and they won't tell us, or they don't know, and that's an indictment too. But anyway, this Congressman Jeff Van Andrew floated a theory two days ago that there might be a quote unquote mothership out in the Atlantic Ocean where these drones are being launched from, and that mothership may be linked to Iran. The Pentagon and the State Department both ridiculed this guy yesterday in press briefings, but yet offered no explanation about where these things are coming from. And they're flying over not only densely populated areas, they're flying over military installations, the electric grid and water supply.
Speaker 2: But they don't know where they're coming from.
Speaker 1: So anyway, this Congressman Jeff Van Drew makes this statement two days ago. He was back on I think it was this from do we get this from Fox? This is from Fox News Today on their morning show, the one that Bill Hemmer is on. And this is what the question was posed to him. Look, hey, the Pentagon says they don't know where they're coming from, and you don't know what you're talking about. The State Department says, they don't know where they're coming from, and you don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Here's and Drew's answer to that.
Speaker 6: They've been incredibly stupid and incredibly weak with this. Here's the point. We know they're not backyard drones that some hobbyist is using, because they're much more sophisticated than that. We know that they're not a commercial company within the United States because we don't even have this level of sophistication. Yet we are a full decade behind where China is with drones.
Speaker 3: The government claims it's not them.
Speaker 6: They say it's not them, So who is it. Well, I had credible individuals who have high security ratings and they came to me and again, these are dependable, credible individuals that have security clearance that felt that they wanted to clear the air. They were, in essence whistleblowers, and said, look, they believe there's a real possibility it could be Iran, that there could be a ship out not right on the coast of New Jersey, not right there. But these drones, as sighted by the Coastguard are coming in and out of the ocean. They're going to the ocean. They're not pontoons, they're not laying on the water. They're landing on something. We're not being told the truth.
Speaker 1: They are. Okay, So if that guy is spouting nonsense, then then offers something that would say he's spouting nonsense, other than just say he's spouting nonsense.
Speaker 2: Remember, this is the same.
Speaker 1: Group the DoD led by a guy that went a wall for two weeks, remember a year ago. Right now, he goes a wall. He's having surgery. He doesn't tell anybody, the DoD and the State Department. These are the same folks that let that balloon from China, spy balloon fly across the United States taking pictures of god knows what back in the winter of two thousand and twenty three, so about two years ago, and they shot it down. These drones allegedly are the size of either Mini vans or the hood of a car. Their various sizes. You mean to tell me that we have invested as much as we have invested in the Department of Defense and they can't shoot one of these damn things down. We don't have a rocket that can shoot it down, or don't we want to shoot it down. We're afraid to deal with it because it might be from a country that if we did something like that, they would do other things, which is what and Andrew is probably talking about. I mean, he's not pulling this stuff out of his butt. Apparently he apparently has been briefed on this. Now, all those those trillions of dollars that we send to the military, you're telling me that they couldn't shoot one of these things down and then go get the remains and figure out what it is. I know, our drone technology, from what I've read, is not great, like our ability to defend our militarily from drone technology is not that great. And that's a major problem because future wars will not be fought with ground or sea or even air traditional air battles. They will be fought with things like the Internet and fought with things like drones. And from what I've been able to piece together that we're not all hip to that kind of warfare. So what are we risking if we do shoot one of those things down? Or maybe what can we find out? But again, this group that's been in power for the last four years. You know, you can now look back with what we talked about with COVID, what we know about the southern border, and what we know about now with this drones, and we can say, you know what, it's all kind of weaving into a pattern. Like the people in charge, well, they don't know what they do. They don't have no idea what they're doing. Power's great if you know what you're doing. If you don't, it could be lethal in the wrong way.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to deal with here before we get any further, there's a lot of buzz in this town about t Higgins staying with the Bengals at the end of the year. As we all know, he's a free agent at the end of the year, and that he has accepted a salary or i'm sorry, franchise tag to keep him here this year. He's making what is it, twenty one million dollars a year. The Bengals can do this, then they can give t Higgins a long term contract. They would have the wherewithal the salary cap next year. Teams are budgeting between two hundred and sixty five and two hundred and seventy five million dollars for salary cap next year, so pick the middle ground there to seventy three. They right now have about sixty million dollars in salary cap space next year and probably will have some more when they release players. And let's hope that they release players at the end of this year because the group they have just has not been able to cut it. But the bigger question is is what does t Higgins want? Does he want money, will that be the driving force? Or does he want a chance to win a championship? And you know, emphasis on the word chance because even the best constructed teams don't always win championships. So we really don't know what he wants and he was being very coy about it in the locker room after that went over Dallas, Joe Burrow was wait, wait till wall we see what happens in this and that he's been very vocal about wanting t Higgins back. Okay, as a matter of fact, here's here's a little little proof of that. This is Burrow's news conference yesterday when it was raised about how do you go forward with the pieces that are important? This was his answer to that question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we'll.
Speaker 2: See after the season and talk.
Speaker 7: Have those discussions about you know, what we film needs to happen and things everybody has to do to do what we want and keep the guys around that we need and bringing the guys that we to fill some holes that we need, so those sessions will be had, you know at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope they save like one hundred dollars so they can invest in a microphone so you can actually hear what the reporters are asking in this news conference. It is, after all, the twenty first century. But anyway, back to what he needs. He's going to be twenty six in twenty twenty five, justin Jefferson will be twenty six next year. He's making thirty five million on an annual contract value. CD Lamb is making thirty four million. AJ Brown thirty two million. They're all roughly the same age as T Higgins. And then of course there is Jamar Chase. Jamar Chase, if he's not the best wide receiver in the NFL right now, he is certainly in the same conversation with Jefferson, Lamb and Brown, and I would put him at the top of that conversation. You have to do business with him if you don't do business with him. He skates, he will not be around, so they've got to do business with him. And it gets back to the old adage, can you overpay one position and not damage the rest of the team. The Bengals have never overpaid at one position. And when you look at what they need, they need defensive linemen. They need somebody desperately other than Trey Hendrickson to rush the quarterback. They need linebackers. I mean, they have Logan Wilson, but they need better linebackers. They need better people in the secondary. Mike Kilfen is an unrestricted free agent who knows if he's back on offense. They've got guard issues. They've got tremendous guard issues. Carris is doing well at center. They're already paying Orlando Brown a hefty sum. They could stand someone other than Chase Brown at running back. To me, if you if you've got a cap that's gonna come, it's gonna peak at two seventy three, and you're sixty million under that cap right now, and even do the math and all that. Okay, pay Higgins, but it means that you're probably not going to do what this team desperately is needed to do in at least the last ten years, and that is bring in top of the line, first day free agents who will make an impact. So they may say, you know what, We'll figure out a way to keep Tea. You know what, Joe Burrow may say, I'm making twenty five point three million next year. My cap hit is just over forty eight million. You know, I'll restructure by deal to keep Tea. We'll see, the biggest question is what does Tea want? If he wants to go somewhere and make wide Receiver one money which he will never make here with Jamar Chase, and I don't see how he stays here. If the Bengals want to go ahead and pay him equal to Jamar, maybe he does they do that? Where does the money come for these other positions they desperately need? All right, straight ahead on this year's show, why are we so in love in this country with bad boys and particularly people that do evil? Because it sure seems like that's rear and it's ugilyhead again with this Luigi Mangione, Dude, the average American in for the Great American seven hundred w welw all right, what a way it is the average American in for the great American on this Thursday.
Speaker 2: Glad you are with us. Out in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 1: The man that is charged and allegedly shot in the United Healthcare CEO, Brian Thompson, is fighting extradition to New York to face charges on those particular crimes. He's fighting it, but eventually he will be extradited to New York and they will go forward with the charge and then the legal process in New York City. And as horrific and as heinous as that whole thing was captured on videotape, you know right now the networks are stopping the action right before he actually murders Brian Thompson. But it's out there, and originally it did air on cable television. It was it was it was horrible whoever it was to pull the trigger. And again you've got to be very very careful because everything is alleged until proven in a court of law. But the fact of the matter is they believe in New York they've got their guy, Luigi Mangione on this particular crime. Almost as disturbing, in fact, maybe more disturbing, because the American public does not always react well in times like these. There is a There is a desire now for merchandise around Luigi Mangione T shirts and hood the hoodies and coffee mugs and Christmas ornaments with DeFi a deny defend and depos the same things that were found on the bulletshell casings at the scene of the crime. Etsy seems to be the one platform where all of this stuff is available. Some of the other platforms like eBay and whatnot have at least tempered the taste of some in the public for this, but six of ten of the most engaged postings on x have either expressed explicit or implicit support for the killing.
Speaker 2: What's going on with our society?
Speaker 1: It would seem to me that we've got a real problem here with what's right and what's wrong. Standing by away and on this we've had doctor Vince Callahan on the show before. He is a mental health expert more than three decades of experience in both private practice and in patient hospital settings. It's great to have him back. Doctor Callahan, how are you on this glorious day.
Speaker 8: I'm doing great and thank you for having me.
Speaker 1: What is our attraction as a society to the quote unquote bad boy? What is our attraction to people that commit crimes like this. And it isn't just this one. There have been others. This is simply the most recent. But why is that such an attractive quality to some people?
Speaker 8: Well, to some people, they don't have a conscience or governor as I call it. They don't have the internal thing that says this is wrong, I shouldn't do this, And that to me is mental illness. That's where you get into sociopathic behavior. And that's when you get into one percent of the population. Yeah, about one percent, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, So sociopaths seems to me that they're popping up all over the place here. If it's one percent, If the population of this country, let's just put it in a round numbers, is three hundred and forty million people, it would seem to me that they're about three hundred and fifty thousand sociopaths around this country right now.
Speaker 8: I'll even go one benner with you. There's about sixty million Americans who haven't diagnosed as a middle illness. And of that sixty million, there's nine million that are considered severely mainly ill, which is where this guy would fall, and only about one hundred thousand of those people actually get treatment.
Speaker 1: Oh, let's let's just examine what we know about about this guy. First of all, he goes to a prep school in Baltimore. It cost his parents forty thousand dollars a year, apparently very broad Academically, he was the valedictorian of his class. He went to the University of Pennsylvania. Again, not a cheap from a tuition standpoint, place to go and apparently does very well there. Everybody that was around this guy up until apparently last week, everybody around this guy thought he was wonderful, That he was quiet but engaging, a good athlete, this and that, this and that. I guess he started to experience some back pain and that where maybe it went off the rails for him and his healthcare. But if he comes from all of that money, you would think he could afford healthcare what even was not covered by insurance. I mean his parents were loaded. Now, maybe he was at their plan because he had just I think turned twenty six and you're booted off your parents plan then, But mom and dad could have floated him some dough if they're willing to cough up tu wish to pen and also forty thousand dollars a year to go to high school. So where where could the disconnective come from?
Speaker 2: This guy?
Speaker 1: From being just so you know, into it with it good friends, seems nice to turn it around and allegedly murdering a healthcare ceo.
Speaker 8: Well, we don't know what happened with that back incident, that there's some kind of trauma that's associated there, and he may be one of those folks that are severely mentally ill that can get it together for a little bit time. Sometimes medicine sometimes doesn't and then something just snapped.
Speaker 2: Well you know, you know, you raise the med thing.
Speaker 1: It as me wondering was he on meds for his back, and was he on the wrong stuff the right stuff? Was he on any stuff for too long? Because as you well know, painkillers are great at masking a problem, they're not good at making the problem go away and could lead to other things like what we've been talking about. So I'm wondering if that might have had something to do with it.
Speaker 8: It's possible, and I actually had something this morning that there's a possibility that he had lime disease, and that lime disease can cause psychosis in certain cases. So there's lots of questions that need to be answered here.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we've established the fact that we've got about one percent of the population that are psychopathic, and we talked about this stat as to people that are severely mentally ill in this country. But I do think that those aren't the kinds of people that are going on Etsy or Amazon or any place else getting ornaments to say that I defend to pose t shirts on it and things like that. They may be people that are dangerous to themselves and other people, but this seems like a general This seems like a general public thing that's going on here. Where are we as a society that we would not only tolerate something like that but also have people that would actually go out and do that.
Speaker 8: Well, I arstly my professional opinion is we've lost our ability to have common sense. You know, we have gotten so involved in the Internet and we've disconnected from people, and we just have lost who we are as in society. And I tell people, even going back to COVID, we lost our collective ability to think when we all went through COVID. Seems like but yeah, to me, it's that flat somebody's buying this merchandise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is to me.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's easy to blame things on social media and COVID, but it's not wrong to social media. It's it's fairytale land. The people that like you or friend you, they're not your friends. They don't like you. Those aren't real people. The people that you need to be interacting with are other human beings, because we are a social people and we know now that COVID destroyed that ability. We just saw last week with that subcommittee report that came out of a Congressional committee that quite frankly, we had no idea as a society, medically or otherwise how to deal with COVID, and so we just threw a lot of crap up against the wall to see what's stuck. And now we're seeing ramifications of it. And with regards to with regards to social media, that's where idiocy and hatred go to blossom. So I think when people default to COVID and they default to Twitter and they're castigated for it saying it's too easy, well no, it's not too easy, because that, I think is the root of about what we're going to see here for a very long time, particularly the isolation that took place during COVID, and particularly for a certain age group of that thirteen to eighteen year old that was left to or his or her own devices in their home while mom and dad were doing something else. Maybe they were working, but somebody that was isolated from their friends. Doctor, I have great fears about that. If you're if the one percent of what you said is true, and there are thirty four we have three hundred and thirty four million people, ten percent would be a three point We'll forget the map if there's that's If there's that going on, even with that small number of people that are sociopathic, that's problems for this country down the road.
Speaker 2: How do we address that?
Speaker 8: We do and we've we've got to do a better job at taking care of the menly ill. We've got to get them the services and make it easier to get their meds and more accountability. There's some things we've got to step up and do of the people that know how to do this instead of just saying all the problem is going to go away and our next way. The things are these kids that have and I'm not against video games, but we've got so many kids that have played violent video games for so many years and what that does to the brain. Yeah, because so we need some help.
Speaker 2: You can't separate.
Speaker 1: A lot of these games are so sophisticated now that if you're someone who is not stable, you can't separate fantasy from reality. And these I mean, we all see the games and again you start talking about these things, and there's a certain generation that thinks, Alice, it's just two old guys talking and know what they're talking about. But quite frankly, to the wrong person sitting in front of a screen doing that for any amount of time during the day. You know how those games are. You shoot them up and everybody dies, and then the next thing you know, those same characters are back on their feet again.
Speaker 2: It's like it never happened.
Speaker 1: And people don't process that stuff the same way if they have other disconnects going into it. So again, I'm not a big censorship guy, doctor, but I am a big antenna guy, and I think a lot of this goes back to the family and mom and dad not being engaged with their kids and thinking they can give the kid everything the kid wants and if that doesn't fix it, just give them more money. When what the kid really needs is more time with mom and dad. That's what the kid needs. And until we get to that point, I don't know how you stop this stuff.
Speaker 8: We don't unless we get to a place where we become more attached in our families and start sending the truth right and wrong compass, We're not going to see in each It just happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're chatting with doctor Vince Callahan, mental health expert. You've been in private practice, as I've said, you've also been in inpatient hospital settings. If indeed that this this has been a you know, an interweave of social media and COVID, and now all of a sudden, this the thirteen to eighteen group that were isolated through COVID, now three or four years down the road, that eighteen group, the eighteen year old group, they're moving into their twenties. Right now, you've seen patients. How difficult is it to get to somebody that have these these ailments? And I know this is broadbrush, Not every elment is the same way, not every diagnosis is the same way. But to connect and get people back on the rails, so to speak, how difficult is that for someone who is a doctor of the mind.
Speaker 8: It takes me a little bit like I was talking to a eleven year old boy this week. So he doesn't like something, he breaks it. It's he wants something doesn't have, he steals it. It'll take me about here to get a conscience in this kid to let him know this is.
Speaker 2: Right and wrong.
Speaker 1: That's flightening in and of itself, because obviously we were seeing a lot of that. Well, doctor, I appreciate the insight into all of this. I'm disturbed on a number of levels, but particularly for people that want to go online some way, shape or form and get this stuff because they think it's funny when it's not.
Speaker 2: It's sick.
Speaker 1: It may not be sick to the degree of the one percent in this country that are sociopathic, but it certainly is sick in and of itself.
Speaker 2: I appreciate your time do it.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much for having me. And I'll just say this, if someone buys that stuff, that's a bit.
Speaker 2: Flag to me.
Speaker 1: I agree, then you're supporting something that shouldn't be. All right, doctor, doctor Callahan, doctor of Vince Callahan. You can find him at fine dashfl dot com, Fine dashfl dot com.
Speaker 2: Thank you, doctor, Thank thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Stumbled on my math there, but I said, if there are three hundred and forty million people here in this country, and one percent, as the doctor said, is sociopathic, and he said, sixty million are suffering from great mental illness, I mean really bad mental illness. But just take sociopathic for a moment again. Round numbers, three hundred and forty million in this country. Ten percent of three hundred and forty million is thirty four million. One percent would be three hundred and forty thousand. Now imagine that we get worked up, and rightfully so, over illegal aliens in this country to the tune of at least eleven and who knows how many more that got away. But if he's right one percent, we got three hundred and forty thousand people walking around the streets right now that shouldn't be on the streets. Put that in your cheerios, and the only taste average American in for the great American seven hundred WLW wizard.
Speaker 2: It's been a long time. It hasn't been long enough.
Speaker 9: The only reason why I'm here tonight is because my magic carper broke down out here on Young Street. I came in here to use the phone and the next thing I know, I get sucked in the joining you jokers. Well, while I'm here, let me gaze into my pulsating orb of delight.
Speaker 4: Hello, quiet, and I'm spokes.
Speaker 3: I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: Gode Was.
Speaker 9: It was literally must see TV, no doubt about it. Can Brew late night television on a Sunday. Oh, Sports Rock. You know why that shows? You know why cast the characters did? Yeah, you and George Yeah, and whoever wrote on that show right, brilliant.
Speaker 2: It really worked because management was in bed.
Speaker 1: It went to bed at ten o'clock and by the time they woke up in the morning, there was a whole lost.
Speaker 2: Of other things they had to deal with.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's why that show worked. That's exactly correct. Seg you look good today, man, Jame Saint to you there, ken Brew, you're doing okay, Everything's all right.
Speaker 2: You got a little you got a little sauce on your shirt. Theres I got it.
Speaker 9: It's from Ron's Roost, Barbecue.
Speaker 2: Goods, Double Decker, Hamburger's. Man.
Speaker 9: Unbelievable, I mean, can't get a big boy anymore, so you got to go to Ron's Roost.
Speaker 1: I'm a I'm a one level guy I got, I got to go to the second floor and anything.
Speaker 2: It's work, Ken Brew.
Speaker 9: The Stood Report on this cold Thursday is brought to you by your local Temestar Heating and air conditioning dealers tempstar quality you can feel in beautiful Western Hills called Derbin Heating and Cooling at five one three five four forty nine, or go to Dervin Heating and Cooling dot com.
Speaker 1: You know, you know I wrote that phone number down. We ought to dial that up. Get him on the phone.
Speaker 9: Probably probably busier than crazy. You know this weather, they're probably all over the place at Durban.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, you know what they probably are. This is like the middle of July when the ac goes out. You know that he goes out right now, so you're you're in trouble when he goes out right anybody ever told you that. I think he goes out. It's a bad It's a bad deal. Ken.
Speaker 9: I also want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant and Bar, the world's greatest fried chicken.
Speaker 2: It's clucking good.
Speaker 9: On the good old West side of thirty eight fifty three Race Road at five one three five seven.
Speaker 2: Four two two two.
Speaker 9: Young Pam brought down our brought down our lunch today and we also ken Brew went with special thanks this week on the Stooge Report to a cr Gun Eyed Pools and Spas running a holiday special you called Today and Swim this Spring by the man himself, Frank z I Bell at ACR gun eyed Pools dot com.
Speaker 2: We need a hot tub here in the studio.
Speaker 1: It's a little cramp, but we could put a hot tub in the corner there and that way, you know, when you're like what like for example, when he's here, like Willie, when he's done, he could jump in the hot tub and he could just listen to Rocky and Eddie. You know, I'm just saying, he wouldn't have to go home. He just jump in the hot tub and listen to him. When Sloan is done with his show, you know, he doesn't have to go home. He just jumps in the hot tub listens to Willy. We need maybe ac Gun Eyed Pools could put a hot hub in here. Maybe so, I don't know, maybe they could. I would even come in even the days I'm not working and just jump in. What I would just you know, to put on, you know, show off my sixteen inch inch pythons and my six pack abs.
Speaker 2: I would do that. Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 9: Bengals Up Day brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town. Don't miss Party Town in Florence's Holiday party tomorrow five five to eight pm. Twenty local breweries and distill reyes on site, free tastings, giveaways and holiday h Sega Claus shows up at Good Spirits Buttermilk Pike on Saturday from noon to two?
Speaker 2: Is that right? I want to miss that? Can the children sit on Sega Class's lap? Yes?
Speaker 1: Can they ask for toys always? And what's your appearance fee?
Speaker 9: Bengals are back on the practice field today getting ready for Sunday's road contest against Tennessee. Preview the game tonight on the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Toave Sheldon Roundtable Show live from Long Necks and Wilder at six oh five right here on seven hundred WLW. Now, what about the you know Joe Burrow got burglarized? He did, but then he lobbied hard again yesterday for the team to keep number five T Higgins.
Speaker 3: What is he?
Speaker 9: Obviously he knows something. I mean just kind of saying, hey, you know, keep this guy.
Speaker 1: Seg I've done the numbers here, go ahead, all right, So I'm just saying, is it bigger? Salary cap next year is going to be like two hundred and seven and two hundred and seventy two hundred seventy five million.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be the salary cap.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Bengals right now, if yous a look at players under contract for next year, they got about sixty million dollars in cap space. If you're going to sign Jamar Chase, which if they didn't, they might as just pack up the tent and head to San Antonio. But if they're not going, if they're going to sign Jamar Chase, and let's just say his average annual value is somewhere between thirty five to forty million, well so I'm just saying it might not be forty million next year against the cap.
Speaker 2: It might be I don't know.
Speaker 1: Now you're telling me you got money left over to sign T Higgins when you have so many other needs on your roster, not the least of which is the interior offensive line, your linebackers, and your defensive secondary. You're gonna find all of money to go out and get impactful free agents. To kind you signed on day one if you're only walking around out there with maybe like thirty million in cap space.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe Joe Burrow takes a pay cut, maybe he restructures his deal.
Speaker 9: I would say so to defer that, you gotta defer his money big time.
Speaker 2: Right. Well, I'm just.
Speaker 1: Saying you've got to at least I guess exploire those options.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't think they've ever overpaid for one position in their history, and now all of a sudden they're going to do it. And that doesn't even get into what t Higgins wants. Does he want money? Does he want to chase a championship? Does he really want to stay here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know he changed agents, But I think there are a lot of moving parts here. When you got a lot of people on social media and these Bengal experts running around saying, yeah, es sign, I'm giving the money you can afford it. Yeah, it's kind of like it. It ain't monopoly money, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: I know what you're saying. Maybe go fund me.
Speaker 2: They could do a go fundme.
Speaker 8: Paige.
Speaker 1: I got an email or from one of my many stock, I mean listeners. John He said he saw on ESPN this morning that the Pentagon He's going to call up Joe Burrow to lead Sealed Team six on a mission to take out the mothership sitting off the coast that's been flying drones over our airspace.
Speaker 8: See that? Wow?
Speaker 1: How about that Sealed Team six with Joe Burrow and he's gonna take out those drones. Joe Burrow is gonna save the world. It's gonna save the world sake. It's gonna save the world.
Speaker 9: He's like our uh our deal with Like he's like James Bond of America.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 2: We know he's Batman, so maybe he can be James Bond.
Speaker 1: Oh that's true. I want to see the Batmobile. I'm not sure that's his that. I'm not sure that's a done deal yet. I'm not sure if if Burrow offers you a ride in the Batmobile, would you do it like in the sidecar like Robin?
Speaker 9: Sure?
Speaker 2: Would you be boy wonder? Yeah? Why not? You have to put a costume on though, That's all.
Speaker 9: Right, okay, and be a fat Robin.
Speaker 1: Then, as Nick Clooney one said, if you don't have an act, get.
Speaker 9: A costume college football can Brew Colorado Star two way player Travis Hunter. It's been named the Associated Press College Football Player of the Year. Of course, I would think he's the odds on favorite to win the Heisman Trophy to be awarded on Saturday.
Speaker 1: You draft that guy, you get a wide receiver and a defensive back.
Speaker 2: How about that? You save it all one Salary said, I mean he's gonna go.
Speaker 9: Where's he gonna go to the Carolina Panthers or something?
Speaker 2: This thing.
Speaker 9: Might be it might be here. It's true college basketball. This update brought to you by Orthos since the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, the Orthopedic Authority of course. Saturday Skyline Chili Crosstown Shootout Xavier at UC ken Brew. You can you can preview that tonight West Miller Show Live for the Ridge of Montgomery and featuring Tom Gregory at eight oh five right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: I'm confused we're doing that live right? Yeah?
Speaker 9: But what's that thing at six you talked about? Is that a live bar show too? Yeah? What's that one?
Speaker 2: That's uh? What is it here?
Speaker 9: That's uh the uh Cincinnati Tax Resolution Roundtable show? And who's doing that that's Lance and rock and Rocky and that's at a bar, right, Yeah, where's that bar in Wilder and Wilder. And then we go immediately to after that, we go to the West Miller Show. Correct, that's at the Montgomery in with Dan Hard and Jim and I guess Terry Nelson.
Speaker 2: It would be Dan and Terry. Yeah. I feel like I feel like slighted.
Speaker 1: I never I never get like a bar to sponsor me, other than of course, little Miami Brewing. But I'm just saying, and that's that's a that's a whole restaurant.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but all those guys, all those other guys are jealous of you because you got a beer.
Speaker 2: Named after Well, I have several named after but b Miller, ken brewce Brew. I mean, come on, I got it.
Speaker 1: I was just confused as to where that was going. Okay, so we're going back to back road shows, is what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: So you realize that the starting quarterback for the Tennessee Titans maybe out this week, Malika, I'm sorry, Will Lovis, and Mason Rudolph may be starting that game. How about that? Mason Rudolph, a late of the Steelers, may be starting that game.
Speaker 9: Well, and they're three and ten. They better win that game too, because well, hell's going to break loose.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: I'll just tell you they got they got. Look at these connections. They got Tyler Boyd. He's hurt, but he may play. He's on that team.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Callahan.
Speaker 1: Josh Wiley's tight end. I believe he played at the University of Cincinnati. He's on that team. Uh, shout away a woozy A remember him. He's on that team. He's on that team. And I've got a lot and then of course the head coach, They've got a lot of Cincinnati connections on that team.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 9: See what happens, Ken saying, Nick, I'm just over. They can knock off the Titans and then come home here for a couple of weeks and then end things in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Where's your boy today? I wish him a happy birthday yesterday? How old was he?
Speaker 9: Did he turn seventy eight? He's seventy eight. Yeah, he's under the weather today.
Speaker 2: I know. I know that.
Speaker 1: Why else would I be in here, you know? But I'm just saying that he's really seventy eight. He looks good for a guy that age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so you know, so he's just become a party animal.
Speaker 2: Now, well he must be. I don't know.
Speaker 9: Said we got anything else here, nothing, ken Brew, nothing, that's about it.
Speaker 2: Well you might as well get us out of the We got all.
Speaker 9: The sponsors in the more sponsors on a NASCAR team.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, we're just one big fire suit at this place. By the way, what are they doing with the Kentucky Speedway? Do they do anything there, any testing or anything. They're doing nothing, just getting weeds. That's just sitting right there. Tell you, man, turn it into an F one track, Get an F one race. I want to go down there, ken Brew, But I think i'd start crying Entucky Speedway. Yeah, Jerry Carroll, let's start crying too. You lost on that.
Speaker 9: He is still I don't know.
Speaker 1: Last I heard he was he was doing horse racing in the Bahamas or someplace. He had a horse racing track in the Bahamas.
Speaker 9: I don't know, contact with him in a few years. So well that's the last I heard.
Speaker 1: And they were they had to ship the horses in, you know, they were flying them in from like Miami or someplace, right right. He was a good man, Amen to that he is good man, say get us out of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 9: Ken Brew and utter of a cold day, and you need tempstar quality you can feel. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stood Report.
Speaker 1: It is always great to have you amongst us. Thank you again for your health tonight.
Speaker 9: You're just saying that because wild Man Walker wasn't available for segment two tonight.
Speaker 2: Well think I know who called him first. I gotta go.
Speaker 9: I got a ten o'clock gig tonight at the retirement village in Blue Asshore. We're supposed to play Naked Twister.
Speaker 2: Well say that was a well written show.
Speaker 9: Amen to that, ken Brew, and they canceled the damn thing. When I went to Channel nine, they were they should have taken the idea with you.
Speaker 1: See, the problem is in this town people keep toying with my legacy. Maybe I moved around too much, but they keep toying with my legacy.
Speaker 9: You should have put should have put a trademark on that. I probably should have. I think we still there's the costume. I think still exists somewhere.
Speaker 1: But you know again, it's it's intellectual property of somebody.
Speaker 9: Charlie Clifford's desk or something down there at five. Who the new the uh the sports guy down there? Not familiar with him? Maybe Ken Brew. It might be hanging up at Channel five and like the Hall of Fame or something.
Speaker 1: It could be right next to maybe like Curtis Fuller. And who else is in it? John London's in the Hall of Fame, John les in the Hall of Fame. Yeah, see, there you go. I don't think they'll be calling me anytime soon to join the Hall of Fame at Channel five.
Speaker 2: Well you got you got it in a hall of fame a couple of months ago. You did.
Speaker 9: I absolutely doesn't saw you had like a giant picture yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know what I heard? You put that in your yard? No, Well, it's.
Speaker 1: Hanging proudly in uh an establishment in Loveland, Ohio by the name of Paxton's.
Speaker 2: Everybody around that town, those Paxton's. And it's hanging up on the wall.
Speaker 9: There you go.
Speaker 2: It's just outside the men's room, so you can't.
Speaker 1: See it.
Speaker 2: About four forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, can Brew, Yes, sir, all right, there's sig He's happy. I'm happy. Are you happy?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: If you're not, I can't help you because we're all about happy on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Well, coming up at about six minutes.
Speaker 1: In six minutes down on Tobacco Road, Bill Belichick will be introduced as the new head football coach at the University of North Carolina. A board of meeting before the board of Trustees was hastily called today to approve a five year contract for Bill Belichick. He's seventy two, He's got all those Super bowls, left the Patriots a couple of years ago. Seventy two years old. Well, we know he can recruit. He's got a twenty four year old girlfriend. Apparently his father coached at North Carolina at one point. Anyway, they're going to introduce him at a news conference here in about six minutes. Tar Hills Athletic director Bubba Cunningham, Bill Belichick is working for a guy named Bubba said that Belichick's positions, positions the program will amid the changing landscape of college sports. Now that is serious, because college football is changing, as we know by the minute, because of the nil because of the portal, Teams that look one way on one year can look vastly different the next year. And that's why teams can go from not very good to very good to great inside of a couple of years. It's not like the old I got to go out and recruit and then I'm stuck with this kid for the next four or five years, even if he can't play. So anyway, the first thing that Belichick did was higher a guy by the name of Mike Lombardy who was a general manager at many places in the NFL, including the Browns and including the Las Vegas Raiders. I mean, the guy knows football. But just think about that for a second. College football programs now have general managers, and now North Carolina has Bill Belichick. And if you think college football is anything like it was even five years ago, brother, you need to cuver reality. It is changing by the minute. We'll break here, we'll break there, and coming up at two o'clock. While you're miserable at your job. You don't even have to tell me you're miserable at your job. I already know because everybody, apparently, according to Gallup, wants a new job in twenty twenty five. I ain't going anywhere. Seven hundred wylw all right, seven hundred WYLW two or mine, welcome back. It's the average American and for the great American on this day, this chilly day here in the tri State. There are a lot of unknowns in the world right now. We're not sure about a lot of things anymore. But we do know this. You have a very good chance of looking for a new job in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: How do I know that?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't have any information on your job stability. All I know is what Gallup, the survey company, reported last week. It found that employees are actively looking to switch job at the highest rate since twenty fifteen, But unfortunately, because of the cooling job market, they're not finding a whole lot of luck. But why are we so restless now when it comes to where we work, who we work for? A lot of people seem to think COVID made everybody stop and pause. Is this what I really want to do in life? And because of that created uncertainty and job movement, And maybe the movement we made was not the one that we really wanted to and so we continue to search. But what are we searching for? Where is that nirvana that's out there that will deliver the exact job at the exact salary that you want, and is all of this what Gallup says is about to happen. Is it all just an exercise and futility standing by the way in He is the author of an upcoming new book, Leading Relationships, Build meaningful connections, eliminate conflict, and radically improve engagement. He is Steve McClatchy, and he's kind enough to give us some of his time here on seven hundred WLW. Steve McClatchy, how are you on this glorious day?
Speaker 8: Good ken, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Glad to be here.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you're here because I have a question that's been burning inside of me for several years now, and that is why, from an employment standpoint, are we so restless now in the United States? Why do we keep looking for that next best thing even though what we have ain't all that bad.
Speaker 2: What's going on here?
Speaker 10: Yeah, Well, there's a lot of change that happened. Of course, there's the remnants of COVID and everybody switched. So now you have disruption in your workflow, in your personnel and your employee consistency that of course always disrupts things. Then this hybrid work ken has really become challenging. I mean When are you remote? When are you in person? And then when you're remote, when are you working? When do you start? When do you end your day? If you work at night, can you take off during the day?
Speaker 8: How long was your lune? There's a lot of suspicion. There's a lot.
Speaker 10: I mean business is based on agreements. I mean, let's do business. Can I give you ten dollars? You give me a sandwich?
Speaker 3: We just did business.
Speaker 10: The foundation of all commerce is agreements. And what this did was it messed up all of our agreements. Now we're wondering how do we work? And then when we come into the office, are the right people that need to be in the office there that we need to collaborate with and to innovate with and are their schedules matching with our schedule? It really disrupted. Then you have inflation, and what did inflation do? It changed the customer's expectations. You're paying more, you want more?
Speaker 8: Well, that's how it happened.
Speaker 10: You're paying more and you're getting the exact same things that you used to get.
Speaker 3: And that.
Speaker 10: Frustration and those demands make it very difficult. I mean the customer one's quality and speed and look all this disruption is making us slower, and we got to figure it out. We got to get it right, and we got to get back to understanding our agreements, following through and delivering on that quality of speak better than our competition. So our customer picks us over our competitor.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants it right now, doesn't matter what it is, we want it right now. And therein lies the secret to Amazon. They can give it to you right now. So they've kind of figured it out. But I want to go back to this workforce and away from the office in COVID and all this this hybrid workforce. You made a great point. Okay, So some of these companies have gone to where you got to come in three days. You can work remotely for two. But you're right, are the same people you need to deal with in there with you if you're indeed picking the three days you go into work. And I understand completely now why people that own companies, the guys in the C suite, they want everybody back in the building a lot of reasons. One, they're probably paying rent on the building, or they're paying a note on the building if they own it. So what's the sense of having a building. And secondly, I want a three D relationship. I don't want a two D relationship. I want to see you, talk to you. If I want to see you immediately, I want to go see you, or if we're going to have a meeting, we can do it right there. So I totally get what employers want to do, but it doesn't seem that's what employees want. And that's why I think we have this unrest.
Speaker 10: And do you think that MutS the solution I do, and that is going to keep going back and forth until somebody takes the bull by the horns and says, look, the customer's quality and speed. If we can deliver that quality and speed in two D, let's do it. If it's faster, if it's cheaper, it's the fleas is expensive, fantastic if we can. That's the reason we go back into the office. These mandates that you have to come back in the office because I liked it when you were here.
Speaker 8: That's not good enough message.
Speaker 10: They'll go somewhere else. So you have to say, look, we delivered it this fast. You have to time stuff. You have to look at from start to completion, how long it took, What was the quality of it. Did it be when we were in person? And if not, we have a business reason to go back into the workplace to go back in person.
Speaker 8: So that build a business case. It doesn't have to be just.
Speaker 10: Your opinion and what you want. The customer wants it. If we're going to grow our busin if we're going to beat our competition in the market, we've got to be first and we got to be the best in the fastest. So I look at it that way, and then you look at you know, with all these new changes, what we're not getting to can is the number one thing.
Speaker 8: That drives engagement.
Speaker 10: And if you wanted a silver bullet with the answer to this, if you on a scale of one to five, give your boss a five, you strongly agree that your boss emphasizes your strengths. You get appreciated, you're valued right, you're not taken for granted. Your engagement score goes from under twenty percent to over sixty percent. That's a forty percent jump. Now, what is engagement. It's measured with discretionary effort. So ken if you come in and do your job and do it well every day, you're considered disengaged.
Speaker 8: That's not even fair. But what is engagement? You do more than your paig.
Speaker 10: You come in early, you stay late, work on the weekend, you help somebody else with their job, and that's not your job you are doing. That's why it's so valuable.
Speaker 8: So how do you drive engagement?
Speaker 10: The number one if you're looking for the silver bullet number one ingredient that drives engagement is when people feel genuinely, authentically specifically appreciated and they're valued for their strengths. But ken, when's the last time you heard a compliment where they didn't stay butt at the end of it In this business, never right, never, So immediately that manager just showed you, I'm working in my own best interest, not yours.
Speaker 8: I've been holding on.
Speaker 10: To positive feedback until I had negative feedback to give you. I just showed my hand. I'm working in my own best interest, not yours.
Speaker 8: When you can sincerely.
Speaker 10: Give positive feedback and not say butt and leave that butt for a completely separate conversation, then you are driving engagement into your business. If you can then connect that celebration, that recognition to the mission and values and the impact your organization is having. Right in the marketplace, people want to know that what they're doing makes a difference, and if you can connect those dots, you can re engage your employees.
Speaker 8: And they're not looking, but.
Speaker 10: The ones that are looking are telling you that's why they're looking.
Speaker 1: I think everything you said is been spot on. I think everything you've said is spot on. But where there's my butt? But where does that next job exist, where there is that kind of encouragement, where there is that kind of appreciation, where there is meritocracy, where if you do the job and then go the extra mile, you're appreciated. It seems to me that this is a if not a generational thing, it's a disconnect between management and employee, and that in truth, whenever you have that, the problem lies with management, it doesn't lie with the employee. They're running the show. They know what the goals of the company are. So it seems to me what we're talking about, if it isn't problem lies in the c suite, not necessarily with the worker.
Speaker 2: Bees tell me I'm wrong, getting.
Speaker 8: It on, I can't.
Speaker 10: You're dead spot on, Ken, That's exactly. We have leaders that don't know how to lead. And if you were promoted because you're the best worker, you have a tough time getting everybody around you to be better at their job. And that's the job of a leader is to make everybody around you better in you're going to need skills to do that in the first skill you're going to need is conflict resolution, because nothing will break engagement faster than conflict. And then you need to understand how to give feedback, both positive and improvement feedback. And then you start to build business cases so everything makes sense as to why we do it the way we do it, and you can re engage and not many leaders have that training. And that's what I do for a living. I go into businesses and I help them establish what are the skill sets you need to take. I ask people all the time, do you like your boss? If they say yes, I ask what do you like about your boss? You're ready for the number one answer. They're like, the boss leaves me alone. I'm like, could the bar be lower?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 10: Just leave people alone. You'll be the best boss they ever had. We need we can do better than that, and we need leaders that bring a lot more than that to their business and to the employees that work for them.
Speaker 1: I don't think of employers. I shouldn't lump them all into the same category. But I think a lot of them don't understand that the most expensive thing they're ever going to do is hire an employee. The finding, the training and then that of an employee comes back in six, eight, ten, a month, twelve months, a year, and they say, you know what, I I'm going to move on. Then you're back into that cycle again, and you never get out of that that rat wheel. You're constantly looking for new employees. But on the other hand, there aren't a lot of these jobs that are available that were available a scant year and a half two years ago. So I'm not sure where the pathway is to get from where you are, where you're not getting what you need either from a support standpoint or a salary standpoint, to where you're going to go. It seems like the road is a lot narrower than it was a couple of years ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah, well, you've identified the problem, and the problem is it's expensive to turn over your employees. And you know, averages say that it costs the person's salary to two times their salary to turn them over, So what does it cost to retain them?
Speaker 8: Less?
Speaker 10: Invest in retaining the employees it's less expensive than turning them over, So that's important that you identify it's very expensive. Now employees are thinking, if I go somewhere else, it's going.
Speaker 2: To be better.
Speaker 8: The relationship.
Speaker 10: The number one thing that drives your engagement and your attention within an organization is the relationship you have with your immediate manager. And again, when you don't have the skills and understand what's expected of you as a leader, it's tough. And you don't possess those skills and you're not bringing it into your relationships. It's tough to engage those employees and keep them. And now what they're leaving for is to go get it somewhere else, and they don't always find it. So now we have people searching. The economy cooled and there's nowhere to go. And then this is being labeled the Great detachment.
Speaker 1: Steve mcclatchyer, I guess the author of the new upcoming book. I think it gets released just after the first of the year, Leading Relationships, Building management, build meaningful connections, eliminate conflict, and radically improve engagement. You've been on the Best Times New York Times bestseller list.
Speaker 2: A couple of times, right yes.
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 10: My first book was called The Side and it hit number two and we were really excited about that. In this next book, it does release on February fifth, and it's looking good. The pre sale have it launching as a national bestseller.
Speaker 8: So really that's great this one too.
Speaker 10: I mean, you can see there's a need for this in the market.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it says here you consult a lot of groups, a lot of companies, including the Baltimore Ravens, who are hated here in Cincinnati. What are you telling them so we can maybe beat the crap out of them when we see him again at some point?
Speaker 10: You know, it's funny then when the professional teams put food on the table for your for your family, all of a sudden, you don't hate them. You know, I'm outside of Philadelphia, so yeah, OK, funny when they become customers, all of a sudden, you're.
Speaker 8: Rooting for them, right right?
Speaker 1: People say ask me all the time, who do you root for us? I'm a fan of the legal tender because that one never fails me, solo.
Speaker 8: Never goes wrong. So I appreciate them, I do.
Speaker 1: No, So the great detachment as you just as you just analyze there Steve, I mean, is it going to happen? Do you sense in twenty twenty five this unrest for whatever reason is going to carry into the new year?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 10: One hundred percent. This is going in the direct It's very difficult to turn around from but the manager, the organizations that do it, the ones that have the leaders that know how to do it, are going to win. I mean, this is a problem, and problems are there to be solved. When there's no problems in the marketplace, there's no work to do. This is the work engagement is the biggest problem. And I keep saying that with my book, it's addressing one of the biggest problems. I mean, every once in a while there's a problem. It's once in a decade, and it is a retention and an engagement of your employees. And my book and my workshops are all about what are the skills you need to reignite that and the companies that do it will win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good stuff. I hope we can do this again in the meantime. You're available. I understand at alliyear dot com a L L E e er dot com.
Speaker 2: Is that where people can find you?
Speaker 10: Oh fantastic, Yes, Thanks Ken, yep, a double L double er. My email is Steve atleear dot com. I do conferences, leadership development, keynote speeches, retreats, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, we have a couple of fortune five hundred companies in this town and a lot of great businesses.
Speaker 2: Sounds like some of them use what you're offering, Steve McClatchy.
Speaker 1: You take care, you stay well and best for you and twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Let's do this again.
Speaker 8: Okay, yeah again, this is fun. Thanks for having me, Bet.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know that we've had a lot of job movement since COVID, and I know a lot of people are struggling with I got to return to the office. But you look at it from the employer standpoint, what stress is he under? Well, they got these big buildings with rent they have to pay and notes if they own it, so they've got to justify that as well. But it's clear, and it may be a generational thing, but it's clear that a large group, and I'll say it's the under forty crowd, does not really look like they have any great desire to be inside an office, and so they want that kind of hybrid, if not work.
Speaker 2: Alone at home atmosphere.
Speaker 1: And the people that run these companies are a little bit older, and maybe they don't get that yet, but I think there's got to be some of intersection with this because the jobs aren't out there for those that want those kind of jobs. The worker bees and as we just talked about, there's nothing more expensive for a guy that does the hiring, the boss, whomever it may be, the owner, nothing more expensive than constantly trying to hire new help two twenty four average American and for the great American seven hundred.
Speaker 9: W welw. Well, after seeing some of the ties you wear on News five, maybe there ought to be a few new ones in your future. Why you ought to see how the Wizard dresses when he's out on the town. He looking clean. It drives the hair. I'm crazy, but I digress.
Speaker 4: Hello, quiet, and I'm SKO.
Speaker 9: I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Now, seg I got about one hundred ties that I never got rid of. I don't know why I'm keeping them because you only need one or two. I mean, when you when you die, you just need to tie. They can only lay out one.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, you had to look styley. Everybody asked look stylish on TV. I mean, look at dartists, look at you know the uh McKee on Channel nine and uh you know all the all the ones on Channel twelve. Yeah, you gotta look, you gotta you gotta look. You gotta look your bead, you know, like Frank Malzulu on nineteen or the people on Night you know TV.
Speaker 2: You gotta look your best.
Speaker 1: You can't look like you just fell off the back of a turnip truck.
Speaker 2: A couple of them do, but I'm not going to say what.
Speaker 1: Or or like the woman who might have been president said, like you just fell out of a coconut tree. That's for sure. Ken, if you want any of those ties, I'll give them to you. I got a bunch of ties, like the Nicole Miller, who was a fashion designer, put out a whole line of Beatles ties based on their music. About that, like every single one of them. I don't know what to do with them.
Speaker 9: Well, you're the musical genius of the tri State. You gotta keep them.
Speaker 1: Or walking them off or something. But nobody, nobody, nobody wears ties anymore. I see people as now they don't want tie. Yeah, that's that's a good point. I mean right like they you know, I always wore tie because I thought it completed the outfit. Now that might be old guy thing, but I'm seeing some of these people here local television even.
Speaker 2: They're not wearing ties. They were going unmade bed. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Look that's a good point.
Speaker 8: You're nice kid.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I know, dress up, act like you know. It's an important job.
Speaker 2: Ken Brew.
Speaker 9: Thee is Stooge reporters, approut Service, every local tame Star Heating inter conditioning dealers, Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati Coach Schmid Heating and Coolie Ash five one three five three one eighty airs.
Speaker 2: I just make it up. It does sixty nine hundred spot. Thank you. Roxy.
Speaker 9: You need temestar now because well it's going to be cold today and then like fifty or sixty tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Is it going up to fifty or sixty tomorrow?
Speaker 9: I think it's something fifty something at least, maybe something like that.
Speaker 2: That sounded like the flu.
Speaker 9: Also, ken Brew, we want to thank Stuoge Report this week special thanks go out to Frank Zibell, the King of acr gun Eyed Pools and Spas are running a holiday special. You can call today and swim this spring acrgun eyed Pools dot com.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. If we get to get a hotshub here in the studio and put a diving board in, that'd be interesting. Cannonballs off the diving board into the hot tub.
Speaker 9: Bengals up. They brought to you by Good Spirits, Winding Tobacco and Party Town. Don't don't miss Party Town Florence's holiday party tomorrow from five to eight pm. Party Town in Florence and Bengals are in the bubble today getting ready for Sunday's battle on the road against Tennessee. Don't want to get them cold. No, the players are in the bubble.
Speaker 2: They're in the bubble. Preview the game tonight.
Speaker 9: On the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tave Sheldon Roundtable Show. And that's live from Longnecks and Wilder. It's six oh five here on seven hundred WLW and that's Rocky and Lance correct. And then the third that bar who we most got.
Speaker 2: To be at a bar somewhere today.
Speaker 1: He's in a bar every day, every one of his shows is in a bar.
Speaker 2: That adds up.
Speaker 9: Thursday night, NFL rams up against the forty nine ers at seven thirty Fox Sports thirteen sixty. He must have a tag. He's got a tab everywhere.
Speaker 2: Tad.
Speaker 9: That's his middle name, you know, mo Tabagger Haven Tad. I thought only a few people knew that.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 9: College football, high school football First Moler Star quarterback Matt Ponatowski has been named the Ohio Division One State Offensive Player of the Year. Colorado Star two way player Travis Hunter is the Associated Press College Football Player of the Year, and I would say he's probably a darn good favorite to win the Heisman Trophy Saturday night.
Speaker 1: Could be a number one pick in the draft, could be the number one overall. Sig to who well at this point, I mean Carolina, Jacksonville, Carroll pick some drag.
Speaker 9: Crosstown Shootout up date brought to you by Orthos Cincinnati Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, the Orthopedic Authority of course, The Skyline Charlie Crosstown Shootout coming up on Saturday, fifth third Arena of the site. Xavier and UC preview the game tonight Wes Miller Show.
Speaker 1: Now, would it be nice if that game was on local over the year television?
Speaker 2: Bengo, you don't have to pay ESPN.
Speaker 1: Who guy knows ESPN has got more money than it needs, right, Well, of course it's bankrupt, But I mean, wouldn't it be nice if it was offered or they would allow one of the local affiliates to televise it?
Speaker 2: So damn big? Why is it on local.
Speaker 9: Kind of like the like the Thursday night Football if it goes on channel five or twelve or nine, or like Monday Night Football it goes on Channel nine.
Speaker 1: I mean, but to the average guy walking around on the street like me, yeah, you know, you're on a fixed income, you got to PLoP down whatever it is for another another streaming service. To to watch all the NFL games this year, you have to have like four different streaming services. Now, let me get an other streaming service. And by the way, you know, I'll go, I'll just call you from bankruptcy court. Why isn't it on local television? I don't know, ken Brew, Probably because I can listen to it, I know the broadcast teams and all that. But you know, you would think one of the smart guys their at Xavier UC would have said.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can get this on local television somehow. Yeah, that might be good. All right, I'm done, I'm comecom The.
Speaker 9: Western Member Show is live for the original of Montgomery In brought to you by Tom Gregory at eight oh five right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Now there's a guy that could get it done, that's for sure. How about Bill Belichick seventy two years old? How about that twenty four year old girlfriend? And now he's going to be the head coach at a at a university of college that hasn't won the ACC titles since nineteen eighty.
Speaker 9: Good luck to him.
Speaker 1: Well he will need it North Carolina. But I you know, can you imagine can you imagine Bill Belichick going into the living room of a recruit trying to recruit the and he walks into the living room and there's the recruit and the recruits.
Speaker 9: Sister walks by. He goes, hey, hey, what do you what are you? What are you doing after that? What are you doing after this? Well, the thing of it is, too is like I hope he hopefully he's a little bit more effortvescent and uh, you know recruiting these kids. You know, he's kind of boring to listen to. When he has the question, it's like, we're on to Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: Play with me to play for me. Yeah, all right, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna give you some money, so I'm going to give you some TV time. So just sign you don't want to sign, I don't care. I'll go to the next house.
Speaker 9: Yes, I guess he's probably done with the well, you know, he's probably done with the pros. I guess for now, but that could be. Uh, you know, I don't know. Recruitment d says ken Brew, as you know is spelled N I L.
Speaker 2: I mean when what I mean?
Speaker 9: How many local coaches around here walk into a recruits home.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm just saying, you know, given my experience and given where I've come from, I'm not against anyone reinventing themselves, right, but this is going to be interesting to see if a seventy two year old guy that hasn't coached college football is going to be able to come in there and on his name alone, get a bunch of kids to come play for him. They where he couldn't get away from him quick enough.
Speaker 9: Right, you think he'll he'll wear those cutoff sleeves and like the North Carolina Blue.
Speaker 1: Oh, he'll be in a hoodie down sideline Chapel Hill hell, but Chapel Hill Hood.
Speaker 9: He's sporting that in November next year. I wonder what Marty thinks about this. He's he's across the pond in Paris now.
Speaker 1: He may be one of the guys that's giving them an al money there.
Speaker 2: I ain't got a point. You need to get out, you need to get to the bottom of all of this thing. I don't know.
Speaker 9: I think Rocky, Rocky knows probably more about it than anybody.
Speaker 1: Well, why did why didn't you know? Why North Carolina? Why did he go to North Carol?
Speaker 3: Don't know?
Speaker 9: That's a good question. Why you're talking about coming out.
Speaker 2: Of the blue.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just saying I don't know, and then saying I'm not going to coach, and so he signed a five year deal, which means, you know, seventy seven. They're not hiring a lot of seventy seven year old coaches in the.
Speaker 2: Film, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: But in all truth, you know, he had a chance to go to the NFL last year, and apparently these teams didn't want to get involved with them, like Atlanta, right exactly.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying no, I'm just saying, so I know.
Speaker 9: It'll be interesting to see ken Brew how it all shapes out in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Well said, get us out of the Stooge Report. Rocky is going to be in here, and I've got some questions for Rocky about all this stuff that's going on in the world and why people are consumed with trying to get ornaments and sweatshirts and hoodies of this alleged assassin that is fighting extradition in New York. What does that say about us as a society that we want to celebrate that crap.
Speaker 9: Ken Brew and honor of a cold day here in the Tri State. But I think warmer temperatures are on the way. According to Jennifer Ketch Mark, Let's hope we leave you with the immortal words of the Stewed Report.
Speaker 1: We're sorry about your carpet breaking down today, but we've got to go. We're pressed for time. But wait, Honestly, it was good to see you again. Thanks for coming in. Appreciate it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, seeing you is about as pleasant as being with Will every day.
Speaker 2: I gotta go.
Speaker 9: My carpet is fixed and I'm headed for the fast lane in ten minutes. It's the Wizard's weekly group Therapy with his harem.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, stop doing that.
Speaker 9: If you see those veils of swaying, Wow, wow, l.
Speaker 3: It's always a pleasure.
Speaker 2: Sorry. I don't think on any other television.
Speaker 9: That was better than Karnak and Johnny Carson.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, yes, it looked like it was one giant get hide party.
Speaker 2: Writing on that program was stellar. It was unbelievable. Andy Mac It's unbelievable. Whatever happened to him?
Speaker 9: Andy Max's coming in tomorrow to preview the shootouts.
Speaker 2: I mean the guy that wrote that.
Speaker 9: Oh, I thought you were Oh you know, I heard he has a bunch of ties. He does have a bunch of He already has a bunch of ties. Yeah, he wants to. He's got a few ties he'd like those. Uh you know he oughta starters store. Yeah, right, ties to all the room things, my tie store.
Speaker 2: SAG. I gotta go.
Speaker 1: We'll see yes, stay well until we meet again on seven hundred w welw. We are not about to enter the epicenter, the epi structure of the broadcast day. Yes, I'm merely a bridge to the greatness that beholds us here in just a few minutes. I'm a firm believer in what Dirty Harry said all those years ago.
Speaker 6: Man's got to know its limits.
Speaker 1: And I do because I understand what lies ahead. And what lies ahead is the enormously talented team of Eddy Fingers and the now seemingly mythical rocket j Boyman Rocky.
Speaker 2: How are you in this glorious day? Good ken?
Speaker 11: If you're a bridge, you're at that bridge that cut on fire, are you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, No, No, I'm not that kind of bridge. No, it's not quite that. That bridge right now would be more stable than any bridge I would be in his present condition. Amen, Yeah, I I I dealt with this earlier in the show The Bengals, Right, Okay, So there are all of these people out there chirping, all of these alleged Bengal experts and everything.
Speaker 2: Now signed T. Higgins, You've got the money. Signed T.
Speaker 1: Higgins, you got the money. I did a little research twenty twenty five. The salary cap is going to be somewhere around two sixty five to seventy five million, probably do let's pick two seventy which is right in the middle.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: The Bengals cap space for next year right now is sixty million dollars. That's with forty two players under contract. I know that may go up because they may get rid of some of the guys they have now and Alders in that. But if you're going to sign Jamar Chase and it's probably going to cost you somewhere in the vicinity of thirty five, thirty six, thirty seven million dollars a year, uh, that doesn't leave you a lot of money to get better at about five different positions I can think of that they have to get really better at in order to have a chance to contend for a championship next year.
Speaker 2: So can Burrow restructure is track? Sure?
Speaker 1: Understand all that. I know you can play games with numbers, but they never have overspent on one position. This is one position. And t Higgins, who the hell does what he wants? He might want wide receiver money, wide receiver number one money, and he's gonna find it. It's out there. Well, so I don't like, what's the realistic of possibilities of T Higgins being here next year?
Speaker 11: I agree with you, Ken, I go through it and you hear the interview of Burrow and you get excited. Maybe he knows something that we don't they're going to restructure, but you start really putting the numbers to it. And to your point, if T Higgins is gonna or shoot me, if Jamar Chase is going to demand thirty eight to forty a year, T. Higgins is likely going to command thirty two to thirty five. You mean to tell me we're going to spend seventy two to seventy five million dollars on two players at one position. That's that's a huge, huge number to have tied up in one position.
Speaker 1: Right and with regards to the other positions they have to address. Part of the problem that they have right now is when they go into the free agent market, they never swim on day one. They always get what's left over and on day You're not going to fix everything in free agency, but you want players that will be impactful right away, and they never seem to get those kinds of players in free agency that are difference makers. So I'm all for it, let's talk about it. But when you get right down to raw numbers, I just don't think the math works well.
Speaker 11: And it would it might work ken if this in my opinion, I don't know where you stand on but if this Bengals defense was short one player or one kind of position group.
Speaker 2: Okay, but but.
Speaker 11: There's I mean, to me, you got to get another pass rusher opposite Trey Henderson. I mean, an elite guy, not like a you know, a decent guy, an elite guy.
Speaker 2: The secondary is kind of a mess.
Speaker 11: The linebacking corps is starting to age out a little bit. So to me, there's just too many places that you need good players, which costs money. So I just you know, and now, look, if the trade off is a they don't sign T Higgins but they uncharacteristically go active on that first early round of free agency, I mean, that'd be fantastic. That'd be great. I don't know if I see it happening. I feel like what we're gonna get is no T Higgins and then a couple you know, second not not second tier, but beyond those those splash first day free agent picks. I feel like that's what we're gonna get, and that's what history would tell us, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, and they got issues at guard they got to address. I'm not making a comparison. I'm not saying that Burrow is this. So please don't anybody think I'm saying this, but Tom Brady made a lot of pedestrian wide receivers look like stars. I think Burrow has the same capability in him. You give him Jamar Chase, and I think he can make anybody after that look really, really good. You have a generational talent there. But my fear is is that they may, you know, they make it consumed with the moment, and that they start trying to figure out a way to keep Higgins and then all of a sudden back into where you are right now, where you got to score thirty points a game and you still might not win.
Speaker 11: You know, to me, the biggest thing that needs to happen with this team that I don't feel a lot of people are talking about is, to me, the importance is Jermaine Burton somehow someway in these last four games or whatever, showing he can be the number two wide receiver. If he does, if he can, that solves a lot of problems. Now you can say, Okay, now we can feel comfortable with t going and maybe spend a lot of the money and the free agency on the defense.
Speaker 2: But we've not seen that happen.
Speaker 11: We've not seen Jermaine Burton come up if it's actually been the opposite, So maybe that'll happen in this last month.
Speaker 2: That would be a good thing.
Speaker 1: The last thing I want to do is cut into any more of your time. This is literally where the broadcast day at w WELW or gasmically Expo explode with content, humor and entertainment, unlike anywhere else you can get interrescual radio. Rocky, you and Eddie have a great show, and thanks again for you.
Speaker 11: We'll try to live up to that intro ken thank you on seven hundred WLW