Speaker 1: Final for pre championship press conference. Joining us on the stage are the UCLA Bruins. We'll hear an opening statement from coach and follow up with questions for Lauren, Keeky and Gabriella. This time, coach, thank.
Speaker 2: You, thank you all for being here.
Speaker 3: You know, I think one of the coolest parts about being able to participate in this in this role is being able to see behind the scenes all that goes into creating an eleit experience for these student athletes, and part of that is all of you in terms of telling their amazing stories, shining a light on their incredible journeys. And just want you to know it doesn't go unnoticed around appreciated, and our game is not in the position it is without your contributions to that. You know, we are we are expectant. We this is not a surprise for us to be here. We expected and believe that we would be in Tampa, and so, and that being said, we're really grateful, but we are ready to compete, and so we're excited about that opportunity. Obviously incredible respect for the other three teams that are in this tournament and excited to match up against those.
Speaker 1: Thank you coach. We'll open up with questions. We'll start right here to my left, our left, and then we'll come back over to all.
Speaker 4: Right, Hi, Suprina Merchant the athletic. I guess for Key or Gabriella, did either of you get a chance to watch the McDonald's American game this week? And for Lauren? What's it been like for your family to have all of this going on at once.
Speaker 5: I did not watch. We were on the plane.
Speaker 6: Actually well the game was going on, but obviously saw a lot of the highlights on social media. I want to big give a big shout out to Sienna for you know, doing such a great job and winning MVP. But yeah, it's really cool to have, you know, her coming in and we're very excited for her and Lauren in the entire Bets family.
Speaker 7: Yeah, obviously we didn't get to watch, but when we landed, Avery was sitting in front of me. She's like, oh, Sina one MVP and I had no idea. So I'm just so happy for her and the family group chat was texting all night basically, so it's been a crazy couple of past days for my family. But yeah, I'm just super proud of her and She's just so amazing.
Speaker 8: So yeah, we're gonna go to our right, ladies. Kurt Sandwell from maybe C seven back home, if two of the three of you could answer at this point to get to hear you get a lot of congratulations, but also a lot of distractions between texts and social media. What is the challenge of accepting that but also eliminating the noise.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I think that is a difficult part and learning how to navigate navigate that can be hard. But our coaches do a great job of giving us tools to handle these situations. And I think for me personally, you know, after we won thely eight game to come to the final four, I was really excited, and I was looking at all the stuff on social media, you know, and I give myself, you know, two days, and then after that, I think it's time to lock in for our next opponent. But yeah, I just try not to give too much of your attention to that because a lot of people are saying things, you know, I can piss you off, you don't agree with, and they're not in our circle and so understanding that they don't know what's going on behind the scenes in our locker room and the people in our locker room are most important.
Speaker 1: We want to stay. So I left, it's third row, and then we're going to come up to the second row. Hi, Jayalen Johnson for Lauren.
Speaker 10: That you took off, and I want to just say thank you for your open, your.
Speaker 2: Honesty with that.
Speaker 10: But you've talked, you learn were more than a basketball player, and I just wanted to give you the chance to say who Lauren Bits is aside from basketball.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, Well thank you also, But yeah, no, I think that I always try to remind myself that I'm so much more than basketball, and I think I always talk about how I really value the relationships I have with the people around me in my close circles. So you know, I'm like a daughter, I'm a teammate, I'm a sister, I'm a friend. So just reminding myself that, yes, like basketball is what I do, but it's not who I am at the end of the day. And all of this is amazing, but when I go back home to my teammates and my family, that's really what matters to me.
Speaker 1: So we can get the microphone over to the second row. Please, I see both of you. We'll go second back to the third and then we'll come back up to the second roll again, see you as well.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Annie Costabel, Front Office Sports Corey. These questions for you with the transfer portal being open, love the laugh. With the transfer portal being open while you guys are still playing, what challenges does that present and how do you have to adjust your staff to accommodate that need?
Speaker 1: Actually, if we could hold, we're doing coach questions for coach posts, so we're going to continue to fill those questions to the student athlete.
Speaker 5: We'll come back to you.
Speaker 1: Annie, promise we can go third row. If you can raise your hand higher.
Speaker 5: We'll get to you. What's going on, y'all. Misha Jones also with Rising Media Stars.
Speaker 12: I'm from the DMV ki Key, so I wanted to ask you specifically, what is it about that area that's you think molded you as a player And are there some faves from that area that I've played in this tournament and Mint Stars that you.
Speaker 5: Kind of take inspiration from.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean growing up then DMV, I always say it's the best basketball area in the country, but I think just the level of competition through high school and a you really prepared me for the next level. I mean I grew up, you know, going to the w C a C Championship games and just seeing all the fantastic leagues there and yeah, I mean watched.
Speaker 5: A lot of players at Saint John's, you.
Speaker 6: Know, Da Maatha on the guy's side, and I just think that, you know, seeing that really motivated me to just continue to get better.
Speaker 5: And yeah, it's so grateful to be from that area.
Speaker 1: We're going to go to our right in this corner. We're going to come back over to the side. Please receive Carl Adam at Hurts the media key.
Speaker 11: Key.
Speaker 13: Can you talk about the jump that Lauren has made this season from start to finish and to follow Lauren, if you could talk about the same thing, the work you've done and the pressure you've dealt with to be an elite player.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean Laurens obviously improved so much over these past few years, and I think for all of us just being able to see that firsthand every day in practice, and you know, she works so hard. She put in so much work in the spring and the offseason, the summer, and I think that's where her game just really really improves so much.
Speaker 5: And I think like from the first day in some workouts and.
Speaker 6: The preseason, I could just tell what a different player she was and the kind of a different confidence that she had about her, because we all knew the entire time the incredible player that she was. But I think a lot of it was about her realizing that and just being able to kind of play with her, help her alongside, and that journey has been an incredible honor, and I mean, you know, she's obviously unstoppable out there on the court, and just very grateful to play with her.
Speaker 1: Thanks, We'll stay on our right reaching. I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: No, it's okay. Thanks. Key.
Speaker 7: To add to that, I would say, I mean, kind of like what Kiki said, I think it's just me finally realizing the player that I am. And I think that a lot of it has to do with not just the basketball side, but like the mental work that I've done this past season. I think that, you know, just talking to coach Shannon, having those conversations about like, you know, taking away all the pressure of when I'm on the floor and just playing for my teammates and understanding like the moment and what I have to do. I think that's just made me the player that I am. I mean, I think also I have to give a lot of credit to this program and like the amount of confidence that they've given me, and like all the love that they've showed me these past couple of years. I mean, I'm just super grateful to be at UCLA.
Speaker 5: So thank you.
Speaker 1: All Right, we're going to go to our second row. We'll go to the back, and then we'll come back over our see you, yes please right, sorry, take me anyone with the la times For Kiki, I know you talked earlier this year about your.
Speaker 14: Relationship with Dordan Canada. What is what has that been like for you as you've gone through this from freshman now to junior year. She was in a similar situation point guarded for the number one recruiting class, and like, how is just she she and maybe some of the other alumni helped you kind of grow throughout this process now to the final four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think we would, all of us sitting up here would say how impactful all of the UCLA alumni have been on our journey. I mean, they've just been so supportive throughout this entire year and since we've gotten here. You know, JC was someone I watched before I came to UCLA, and you know, I really really have always admired her, and just you know, over these past few years she's been at practices, she's helped us get better, helped us prepare for games, and now to see her like watching from afar and just kind of she also sent me congratulatory texts after games and just you know, certain things, and I think having their support really means a lot, because, you know, part of the reason why we're in this position is because of the you know, the work that they did to build this program, and we're continuing to carry that on.
Speaker 1: You can raise your hand in the back.
Speaker 5: He'll get to you.
Speaker 1: We'll come back up to the front. I see you as well. I still saw you it in the front row as well.
Speaker 15: Please receive Hi, Bella Munson with the next Laura and I also wanted to ask you about the the ESPN story about your mental health. I was wondering if there was any particular reason you decided to do that story recently it was published I think two weeks ago, and how you feel since sharing it in Kiki and Gabriella. If you could talk about what, if any changes you've seen in Lauren since she's been more open about her mental health struggles, I would be really appreciated.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think one of the reasons why I wanted to come out with the stories because I felt like I was finally in the right place to do so. I think that I'd just done a lot of healing since then, and I was like, you know what, you know, I just don't feel like I have to really hide this anymore. And the I think the response is that I've had since then have truly just like validated, you know, what I did and what I put out, and I think that, you know, the amount of love and support that I've gotten is just means a lot to me, And you know, to help young girls who I guess didn't really have anyone to look up to Like I personally, I had mentors, and I'm really thankful, but I know there's a lot of young girls who don't, and so I think just for me to be an outlet and to kind of validate their feelings and to know that there's someone out there who's dealing with this same thing that I am, is I think is just really important. But yeah, I'm just really grateful for all the love and support that I've been receiving since the article, it means a lot to me.
Speaker 1: So and for follow up questions, can we start with Kiki and then go to Gabriella.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, I just think Lauren's willingness to be open about a topic that's not easy is inspiring to tell all of us.
Speaker 5: And I think, you know, we've.
Speaker 6: All seen her growing our confidence over these you know, of these past few months, and I think I've even seen another step in that over these past few weeks towards the end of the season.
Speaker 5: And yeah, just really proud of her for that.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry, I'm just super proud of Lauren, and you know the way she emphasizes mental health and is an advocate for it, especially with student athletes, because it is something super important and being a student athlete is, you know, very hard at times, it's super fun. I'm super thankful. But to see Lauren just advocate for not only herself, but for so many others, it's really inspiring. And I'm just super proud of her and the way she has grown throughout her college experience in college career.
Speaker 1: I want to shift to our right.
Speaker 16: Hi, I'm Gid you overtime and Lauren, what is something he in is better at the.
Speaker 7: God, oh my gosh. Okay, like in basketball or just like in life in general, like basketball basketball. Okay, I will say she's a way better shooter than I am. And to be honest, like I feel like for her being younger, I think she like is a little bit smarter than I am too. Like, she's genuinely one of the smartest basketball players I've ever been around. So yeah, credit to her. I don't know where she got it from, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: I want to shift to our left. Did you raise your hand in the black? Thank you?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Mitch North of Mesmination, Kiki, I know you played against Easy in high school. Just you know what kind of from your perspective makes her a great player? And are you looking forward to kind of matching up with her again on such a big stage And what are you looking for or two about that matchup?
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's a great player. We played against each other a lot throughout high school. Our high school's for like fifteen minutes away from each other. And I think she's always been a fantastic shooter, one of the best shooters that I've been able to see, And stuff, and I think, you know, just grateful to have another opportunity to play against her and you know the Yukon team. But yeah, it's really cool that both of us are from the DMV.
Speaker 1: We'll stay on our left had side. If you can raise your hand with the blue jacket so we can get that microphone to you.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 18: Shape Attagning with the Tampa Bay Times. I had a question for Gabriella. So, knowing that your brother Jim made his own run with UCLA to the Final four and twenty twenty one, has he given you any advice on how to handle this new and big stage of the Final Four?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I was very thankful that I got to, you know, watch my brother's two games in Indiana on his team's run. But he's been super busy with his own basketball games and things like that. But he's always supporting and I just really appreciate his support.
Speaker 1: What's our right hand side, Joey, If you grisha hand, then get to you.
Speaker 19: Joey Johnston with the Tampa Bay Sports Commission, Lauren, I want to ask you, you know, there there's players and other programs that have been to this event. This is the first time around for UCLA. You guys have been here for a few days. How do you mix business with pleasure? You know, do you get some time to enjoy the community and what do you think so far? What's been like here?
Speaker 7: No, it's unbelievable. You know, we kind of talked about it in film just Koshannon brought it up. Just enjoying the moment. Obviously, we talked a lot about you know, media and how there's going to be a lot of things going on and it'll be a little hectic, but like just acknowledging that, like we're here at the Final four and this is a huge deal and it's a huge accomplish accomplishment for this program, and you know, just having fun. I mean, like we're all here together. We all love each other so much, and just to experience this together I think is amazing. But yeah, we've had a lot of fun. Obviously, we're also you know, reminding ourselves that in the day, like we're here to win as well, and it's a business trip and you know, at the end of the day, like we're here to play in the Final four as well, but we can also just have fun and enjoy each other's company.
Speaker 1: So take our final question for student athletes, if you can raise your hand on the right hand side so we can get to you right. You had your hand raised previously him Mark yep a question no longer. Okay, we'll hit this last question on our left hand side, if you can raise your hand. Thank you.
Speaker 11: Hi.
Speaker 7: Jennifer Portsy from A Let's Tall Women in Basketball, What have you guys learned about yourself throughout this tournament?
Speaker 5: M Yeah, I can take that one first.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think our toughness and our resilience has been something that we've really worked on and that's been on display throughout got their turn. I think, especially in our LSU game, our ability for so many people to like so many people different to step up and hit big shots and make big plays, and just our ability to play in those close games and you know, find a way to pull them out.
Speaker 7: I would say the same thing. I think our toughness and I think our composure as well. Obviously, like say game of runs, things are gonna go wrong, people are gonna have fouls or being foul trouble. But I think just making sure that you know it's next man up, and I think that just talks about like the depth of our team. I mean, everyone's just ready, and you have such a talented roster that when things go wrong, like we know, at the end of the day, we're gonna be Okay.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I would just add exactly what they said. But our togetherness, how powerful we are when we stay together throughout the whole game and we play for each other. So just I've had so much fun so far, and I can't wait for more.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Lauren, Keeking Gabriella. At this time, the locker room is now open and the three student athletes will move to the mix zone will now open up for questions for coach Andy. We will start with you. We'll get the microphone to you. Give me one second sight, please proceed.
Speaker 5: Okay, Corey, sorry about that.
Speaker 11: In Passable Front Office Sports, Yeah, I'm curious with the transfer being open while you guys are still playing. What's the challenges that are presented and how do you shift your staff to accommodate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it's it's we Thankfully we'd have more coaches now and that makes a big difference so that we can divide and conquer a little bit more. But you know, I think there's two sides of this, and I saw an interview with Bruce Pearl recently and talking about how, yes, the it's very inconvenient, it's very difficult, but also that having the kids be able to pursue what their next steps are is important. And I really did pause when he said that and think about the majority of the numbers. Right, we are very fortunate this year we don't have a lot of space, so it actually has not been very difficult for us at all because we have the potentially to have almost our whole roster return. But from a global perspective, I think there's two challenges.
Speaker 2: One is what is.
Speaker 3: Best for the student athletes and what is best for our game. And the part that concerned me a little bit about the game part is how quickly coaches we're trying to Our athletic departments were trying to field coaching positions so that they had people in place during the you know, for the transport portal opening, and I think that has been an unintended consequence of the date, which is really difficult. So now you have assistant coaches leaving in the middle of the tournament.
Speaker 2: You've got, you know, on top of everything else we're doing.
Speaker 3: I have people calling about you know your coaches and are the interested in jobs and things like that, so somehow to find a marriage of like, okay, what is best for the student athletes?
Speaker 2: I think the bottom line.
Speaker 3: Is if you're in the sweet sixteen or beyond and you need a transfer situation, there's enough people that you can accommod Is.
Speaker 2: It convenient no? Is it hard, yes, but you can do it.
Speaker 3: And especially since we're in the minority, there's only sixteen teams left that are affected in that way. But I do think the whole thing about how it affected the coaching carousel, I think that's worth a second look because that has been a major distraction, and when that's a distraction, it affects the student athlete experience, and so I think that's something we got to look at.
Speaker 1: Take our next question up in the front, Cassandra, can you raise your hands? I can get it to you.
Speaker 20: Cassandra Nuglia, Yeah, who's sports. You've often talked about being an uncommon coach, and you mentioned it yesterday at the Nasmith ceremony, having uncommon players. I know there's the uncommonness of UCLA being in its first NCAA Final four, but I'm just curious what is uncommon about this team that got you here.
Speaker 3: I think there's the hardest working team that I've ever been a part of, top to bottom.
Speaker 2: I have to kick them out all the time of the gym. They want more. They're incredibly hard working.
Speaker 3: And I have to give that credit to Kiki Rice because she has set a cultural standard of work that is contagious and pervasive, and you know, just she she deserves so much credit in that. I think what else is uncommon of this group is so many players. I have never had a roster this star studed and to have it's uncommon to have this many stars be willing to give up individual things for a more powerful collective thing. And those would be probably the two most uncommon things about this particular team.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna move to all right, Doug, and then we'll come back over. I have a list going.
Speaker 2: You're good, hey, Corey Romberg AP.
Speaker 21: I was hoping you could walk us through a little bit your relationship with GINO, because I remember you went to watch practices probably close to a decade ago, and now I think thirteen years ago, just how that all happened, and now that you're playing them in Yeah, biggest stage. How great it was to be able to learn.
Speaker 2: Learn Yeah, not only was it well.
Speaker 3: So when I my first year at U c l A, I, uh, we.
Speaker 2: Weren't in the NCAA tournament.
Speaker 3: We and so I had a little more time on my hands after the season was over, and I'm like, what a unique opportunity. I wonder if people would let me watch them, you know, practice, And so I called Muffett McGraw and I called, you know, coach Oriama and asked if I could come and watch. And so I spent I think the first and second rounds I spent watching Notre Dame their prep and then I went to Connecticut and spent four days there and watched them practice and prepare, and you know, it was just tremendous. And uh then the next year in October, I brought my entire staff out to watch him practice. And you know, he's a master teacher. He's really really uh you know, he's done it in a style of play that I really enjoy just personally, especially on the office of end and trying to think about, you know, as a young first year at that point, head coach, what did that what was that going to look like? For me and so to have that time where and it wasn't just coach Orima, you know, CD and their assistant coaches, I mean their whole program. Just letting someone in in the middle of the NCAA tournament and learn.
Speaker 2: I think it's a huge credit to them.
Speaker 3: And so there used to be a joke that whether I was at UC Santa Barbara or at Florida State or then at UCLA, every year we ended up in their brackets.
Speaker 2: So that got a little old because they were really good.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, you know, I just think when people who have set the standard of the game are willing to reach back and teach somebody else, it goes a long way.
Speaker 1: We'll stay on our right hand side. If you can come up one more in the brown.
Speaker 22: Hi Grey, Emily Adams Hartford current. You worked with both Page and Azy at the USA basketball level. Just curious what you remember about them, working with them at that age and how you've seen them develop now as your skill outing them for a Final four.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's funny.
Speaker 3: When we were in Thailand for the U nineteen World Cup with Page, she happened to be my next door neighbor. The entire time for three weeks in Thailand, and so her and Celeste Taylor, I remember it, and it would always be we joke about what the pregame playlist was gonna be, and thankfully we both really liked gospel music, so that was usually the choice. And Page has just got an incredible charisma.
Speaker 2: She you know, made the pass.
Speaker 3: I mean, I just I think to me, she's an incredibly most efficient scorer of all those things, but her elite skill in my mind, that I love the most is watching her vision in her passing is just amazing. And we were in a position in the gold medal game that she needed to make the pass for us to have a chance to send it to overtime, and she made the pass and made the play and sent us on. And she's an incredible player. She's an even better teammate and and just was great to have that experience with her. Are lots of respect and that, you know, Asy, It's interesting that I had this experience with Lauren too, And those are probably the two that they carried me a little bit so when I coached them. My dad died when I was on the trip with USA Basketball, and those two kids, I remember the circle.
Speaker 2: I remember sitting there and telling them.
Speaker 3: Like, this is going on. I'm okay, but this is happening. And their response to me was just tremendous. And I had recruited them both they both turned me down. And but Asy she just has this. She has incredible work ethic, She's an elite player. She has a very tender heart. And I was the beneficiary of that on that trip. And I will be forever grateful.
Speaker 1: When Mussar left in the plaid and then we'll go to the backs of the black. I know I have the blue again.
Speaker 5: We'll move.
Speaker 12: Hey, we're moving Misha Jones here with rising media stars once again. So I want to take us back in time. You've been at UCLA since twenty eleven. You were under five hundred that first season. But if you have to go back knowing how everything is unfolded since then, what is the advice you give that version of Corey close and what do you tell coaches who want to make that first gig stick?
Speaker 2: Good question. I think that.
Speaker 3: Don't try to be all things to all people. Know what your lane is and how you operate best, and be authentic to that.
Speaker 2: That's where the whole.
Speaker 3: Uncommon thing came from is that I knew I didn't want to do it like everybody else, but it was hard. I was insecure at times, Can I really doet this done?
Speaker 2: Is this? Could this really work?
Speaker 22: You know?
Speaker 2: And so?
Speaker 3: But I think anything other than that would have been inauthentic, And it would have been I wouldn't have had the joy or the meaning that or honestly to be able to sustain because I really wouldn't have believed that in it at the deepest levels. Right, The thing that I would say, the biggest thing is who you surround yourself. Show me the five closest people to a new head coach in the program, and I will show you what their level of success will be. And I got a lot of things wrong, but the one thing I got right is the people I surrounded myself with, loyalty, character, trust. I had so many people, well, you need this, you've been gone from California this long, you need this person, you need this telling me what I needed.
Speaker 2: But I knew I needed.
Speaker 3: Trustworthy, people of integrity, high character, hard working. I knew that I needed someone all of them. I wanted them to be able to develop talent. I wanted them to build authentic relationships, and I wanted them to be able to recruit and that everything else. I figured if those things were in place and they were high character people, we'd be Okay, Kareem.
Speaker 1: Please proceive Hey Poblan from Washington Post.
Speaker 12: Just QUICKI a couple things that you have to take care of tomorrow to be successful into advance.
Speaker 2: A couple things, you know.
Speaker 3: I think that one of the reasons I chose to learn from coach Orima is that he doesn't teach just a bunch of plays. He teaches and equips his players to make plays and to read defenses.
Speaker 2: So when you're scouting.
Speaker 3: Them, you know the amount of there is not a lot of predictability because they're really good at read and react and it's a very high basketball IQ team. And so I think the challenges are is all the different ways they create open threes and the efficiency in which you do it. So the number one thing is that we've got to do defensively is to limit their three point attempt rate. And it's very clear in the analytics. When their three point attempt rate is up, they win, and when they defensive rebound they win.
Speaker 2: Those are the two.
Speaker 3: Biggest win loss statistics that determine their success from an analytics perspective, and so our challenge is going to be to try to limit that attempt rate and at least quality ones.
Speaker 2: And then the other thing that they do is they.
Speaker 3: Use players as you try to extend to do that to cut behind you, and so to be able to defend back cuts is really important because that's the counter when you take away three.
Speaker 2: So those are the defensive end.
Speaker 3: And then we have to figure out how we can play through the paint and not just with Lauren Bett's, but to do that because that's how we're built and shoot our threes after paint touches.
Speaker 2: And not fall in love with them too early.
Speaker 3: But the more stops we get, the more we're able to do that in transition. So that'll be a huge key for us playing through the paint. On the offensive end, ball movement and paint touches are the two biggest indicators for us being successful versus them on the offensive end.
Speaker 1: Hunch, we're gonna move around right if you can raise your hand and a.
Speaker 16: Green coral hall with you, say, today you're going up against a Yukon program that's making their twenty fourth appearance.
Speaker 5: It's your programs. First.
Speaker 16: A lot of people might think that's an advantage for Yukon and being here before, But do you feel like there's an advantage on your side of your team? You're doing something these programs never done before, and that kind of different pressure. Just kind of what's that like from your perspective?
Speaker 3: I think it's just, you know, every not only is every team different in terms of their talent base and strengths and weaknesses, but their makeup internally is different. And I can't speak to theirs, you know. Obviously their record here speaks for itself. But one of the coolest parts about coaching this team for UCLA is that they haven't been surprised. They really have prepared to win step by step, starting way back when we played South Carolina at home, you know, and we started out just not a very confident team and just earned it little by little, and so I just think this is that next hurdle, right, So we're not preparing to be here, we're preparing to win, and we're trying to prepare in such a way that we have the confidence to do so.
Speaker 2: Is it an advantage of being here? Multiple times?
Speaker 3: I would say yeah, it is, probably, but there's different kinds of advantages on all parts of this so our job, I can't control that, So my job is to not give my energy to that at all.
Speaker 1: Take our final question in the back and the blue shirt you grease.
Speaker 23: You Andrew Edelson with ESPN dot Com Corey is a follow up to that, you're the number one overall seed, yet everyone's talking about you?
Speaker 2: Come see that way?
Speaker 23: Does that's my questions? Does it feel like you guys are a little bit of an underdog heading into this game, even though you are the number one overall seed.
Speaker 3: Yes, it does, but honestly, it has sort of all year and I think we've benefited from that, honestly, that we spent more time as number one in the country all year long, and we were the most non talked about number one team in history. But I can't complain about that because I think it allowed our team to stay focused on the right things, and so, you know, it's I do think that's sort of been the case. But I do know that the number one overall seed stays in the nicest hotel, and that is true, so that is really beneficial right across the street. So but I think that the reality is that you know, I love the coverage of our sports. So if you want to talk about whoever you want, go ahead. It's going to all shake out out there about who shows up to perform, who plays their best when their best is needed. And we both have two really really good teams. Also a credit to them, I think they have been playing their best basketball in the last you know, six weeks of the season, and I saw a real turn in them during that time. So they've earned some of that and obviously their history, but this is this year's Yukon team, not the last ten years of plus or twenty years of Yukon teams. And this is our UCLA team, and I have a lot of confidence both mentally and physically and tactically in this UCLA team, and I think it's gonna be a great battle.
Speaker 5: Coach.
Speaker 1: Want to thank you for your time today, best of luck tomorrow, Thank you, thank you all for being here. Just a reminder for those that are in the room, the lack of Room and Mixon will be open until twelve twenty pm. Next up, we have South Carolina. They are scheduled to join us on the DAIS at twelve forty five pm.
Speaker 19: A lot of room,