Speaker 1: What is happening and what is up? Hold out your glass Merry Christmas, guys. Hope everyone's enjoying their time off from work. I hope they're enjoying their time with their family, and I hope you guys are remembering the reason for the season. Now. I'm of the belief that December twenty fifth is not actually Christ's birthday. We've missed it by a few months. But I'm not a legalist. I think that as long as you set aside a day to honor the Lord and remember him, and your intentions are right. I'm not a legalistic pharisee. But for those that were not aware, I wanted to re release this episode that we did with the Dig in our first season. And this is inspired by Michael Heiser and several other authors in their books and their theories about the birthday of Jesus Christ. And this was really fascinating when I first discovered this. So we go through and we lay out a timeline with the Bible, and we give you not only you know, a biblical timeline for a date that we believe is the true birthday of Christ, but then we even give you some astronomical signs from the Book of Revelation that you can plug into a computer and where the stars continually take the same path year after year. It's like a watch and you can wind those hands back and pinpoint a date with accuracy that's so close it's within a two minute window. And I'm talking about Revelation twelve, where the woman clothed in the sun, twelve stars on her head, the moon under her feet, and the dragon laying in wait to devour the child. This is a very beautiful revelation. For those that have not heard this, prepare to have your mind blown. And if you have heard this already, just sit back, relax, and enjoy this journey once again. And I'm releasing this. It is now Christmas Eve. If you guys are with your family, put this on play. Let them hear this. Send this to your friends and your family and your loved ones on Christmas and let them share in the amazement of this story which is the birth of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope you guys have a very merry and blessed Christmas and a happy New Year. I love you guys. Sit back, relax and enjoy the journey.
Speaker 2: Guys, we should read our bibles as men digging for buried treasure.
Speaker 1: And the Most High I gave of the nations their inheritance. When he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of people's according to the number of the sons of God.
Speaker 3: In those days and for some time after, giant Nephilites lived down to the earth. For whenever the sons of God had intercourse with women, they gave birth to children who became the heroes and famous warriors.
Speaker 4: Of ancient tides. Take no part in the fruitless deeds of darkness, but yet expose that though a thousand and fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these.
Speaker 1: Ears will not touching lives of garden man. You gotta dig it.
Speaker 5: Hell, oh, fellow treasure hunters, welcome to the excavation. Side unjust in alongside and when we got Ben, Stephen and Chad will be your guides on this excursion. Hope you brought your shovel in your compass, because we got the map.
Speaker 1: Let's good, what Luke Chapter one, verse five through twenty three.
Speaker 3: When Herod was king of Judea, there was a Jewish priest named Zachariah. He was a member of the priestly order of Abajah and his wife Elizabeth, who was also from the priests line of Erin. Zacharia and Elizabeth were righteous in God's eyes, careful to obey all the commandments and regulations. They had no children because Elizabeth was unable to conceive and they were both very old. One day, Zachariah was serving God in the temple for his order was on duty that week. As was the custom of the priests, he was chosen by lot to enter the sanctuary of the Lord and burn incense. While the incense was being burned, a great crowd stood outside, praying well. Zachariah was in the sanctuary, an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the incense altar. Zachariah was shaken and overwhelmed with fear when he saw him, but the angel said, what do the angels always say? Exactly? Don't be afraid, Zacharig. God has heard your prayer. Your wife Elizabeth will give you a son, and you are to name him John. You will have great joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. How far do you want me to go?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: Being you got yours pulled up. You want to you just lost him.
Speaker 3: I'll keep I can go twenty three, okay, For he will be great in the Lord's eyes. He must never touch wine or other alcoholic drinks. He will be filled with the Holy Spirit even before his birth, and he will turn many. He will turn many Israelites to the Lord, their God. He will be a man with the spirit and the power of Elijah. He will prepare the people for the coming of the Lord. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children. And he will cause those who are the rebellious to accept the wisdom of the godly. Zachariah said to the angel, how can I be sure this will happen? I am an old man now, and my wife is also well along in years. That's really nice. He didn't say it call his wife old. He just said she's he's got a couple of years on it.
Speaker 1: And one thing too, you know a bit. Some people's like, well, what does zachari and Elizabeth and John have to do with Jesus. Well, Zachariah was the uncle to Jesus and the father of John the Baptists, So we're creating a timeline. Here's what we're doing. Yes.
Speaker 3: Then the angel said, I am Gabriel. I stand in the very presence of God. It was he who sent me to bring you the good news. But now, since you didn't believe in what I said, you will be silent and unable to speak until the child. I'm sorry, until the child is born, for my words will certainly be fulfilled at the proper time. Meanwhile, the people were waiting for Zacharia to come out of the sanctuary, wondering why he was taking so long. When he finally did come out, he couldn't speak to them. Then they realized from his gestures and his silence that he must have seen a vision in the sanctuary. When Zachariah is week of service and the temple was over, he returned home. Afterward, Elizabeth became pregnant and went into seclusion for five months. How kind the Lord is, she exclaimed, He has taken away my disgrace of having no children.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that where are we at?
Speaker 6: Right there?
Speaker 3: That was Luke two five, and I actually went a little further.
Speaker 1: I finished chapter five through twenty three.
Speaker 3: I went through twenty five on it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's fine. So we're trying to establish a timeline. So we know Jesus's uncle Zachariah was a priest. He was serving for the feasts and holy days. He was told Visita by an angel said he'll conceive. He goes back home.
Speaker 3: He didn't believe.
Speaker 1: You didn't believe. He was silenced. Then it gives you a time, it says, so she concealed herself for how many months? Five for five months, So pregnancy is nine months, So we lacked four months. Right, We're going to fill in that four month time gap with scripture. But right here in my notes, I said her husband, the priest, was the eighth course of Abja. He would have to serve according to the Talmud, he would have to serve two weeks in a row and serve for the week of Pentecost June. So five months later puts Us at November. Okay Luke chapter one, twenty six, twenty seven. That would place Mary's encounter with the angel middle to the end of December. This is the time of Honukkah, the festival of lights. So Jesus, the Light of the world, was announced during the festival of lights. How fitting is that it says the Angel of the Lord told Mary of elizabeths Now six month pregnancy, so she bolted to her cousin's house. Luke chapter one, verse thirty nine. She remained there. It says three months six plus three is nine months. So Luke chapter one, verse fifty six, she stayed for the birth of John the Baptists. By now a passover had come, so she might as well stay in Jerusalem. Right, This puts John the Baptist's birthday during past over week, at the end of March, first week of April. This place is Jesus' birth mid September, first of October, right around the time of the Feast of Tabernacles. And how fitting feast of Tabernacles is. You know, when they celebrated that God dwelt among them when they were leaving Egypt. He tabernacled with them, He dwelled with them. So that's when Moses was handed the law. That's you know, when they were in the wilderness, you know, and they built the tabernacle, the holiest of holies, and the presence of God rested.
Speaker 3: Now God rested on the ark of the Covenant.
Speaker 1: That was so yeah, So now God is physically dwelling among them. You know, I'm a firm believer. God's of the divine architect and put stuff together so perfect, you know, like a perfect you know, Hollywood thriller, you know what I mean. It just makes too much sense not to be real.
Speaker 3: And the part is, it's like, you don't it's it almost seems so common sense. But when you look at it, you don't. Like a good movie, you don't see the twist until it happens at the end. You don't see it coming that. God's like, we look at this.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And the thing is too about any movie. You're a good story, you got to know the beginning really well before you can understand the ending, because there's always that big twist and you're like, why is it doing this? At the first in the movie, this makes no sense, And then you go through it, and then all of a sudden there's that big plot twist, and then the ending comes and you're like, oh, that makes so much sense now exactly you know? So, and right here I got Luke Chapter two. Do you believe the God of the Bible had all this pre planned? Well, of course he did. Do you think he would have had Joseph and Mary, who were the light of the world his only son on a forty mile trek alone in the middle of winter, riding a donkey while nine months pregnant in the freezing temperatures. No, he planned the trip when the weather was beautiful. Yeah, where they would enjoy the trip with the entire townsfolk joining in to help during the time of great celebration. Yes, Yeshuah was not born on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: I feel like you shtill have a mic drop there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so Luke chapter two and verse seven it says, and she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling clothes and laid him in a manger because there was no place for them in the end. Okay, the town had mentioned four large candles when I keep mentioning the town. But that's a Jewish text that the priests and stuff would keep, you know, documentation on their feasts, how they practice, you know what I mean. It's basically like a historical document. But the talment mentions four large candlesticks with four golden bowls at the top of each in the women's court. The wicks were made from worn out priestly garments cut into strips the Greek term wrapped in swaddling clothes means to wrap in stripes. Now, remember Mary's relative was a priest, Zachariah, and they traveled in groups with their families to these holy feasts Luke, chapter two, verse forty three through forty five. You know, that's when they lost Jesus. They thought he was with the family up in the caravan, you know. So that showed you that. You know, they went to these feasts and holy days as a family. It was a family event. They traveled together in groups. You know. Yeshia was wrapped in linen stripes cut from the priestly garments, blood stained by the sacrifices offered up on our behalf to draw us near to God. That's where the swaddling clothes come from. Now why was there no room for them in the Because it was the feast of Tabernacles. Josephus wrote that two point five million people were competing for space. Most of the out of towners traveling from Egypt, Syria and Jordan and so on would have arrived a few weeks earlier to be there for the feast of Trumpets or Yam Kapor. Those traveling far away may have made a little vacation out of it. The ends would not have been filled during the dead of winter. Common sense dictates that this is because this was during the feast of Tabernacles. So I mean, we're following all this, putting our timelines together and establishing that well, the shepherds in the field, right, So the shepherds in the field, that's verse eight says in the same region there were shepherds out in the field keeping watch over their flock by night. So there are no shepherds in the fields in the middle of the night during the dead of winter. No shepherds would have their livestock out in the tempers and freezing rain and possible snow. They would be pinned up in and out of the elements. December through January is the rainy and cold season, but September October there may have been seven days of rain. And also another thing too, to back that up. If you read Jeremiah thirty six through let's see thirty six twenty two. Let me pull that up. Jeremiah thirty six twenty two. It says here it says it was the ninth month, and the king was sitting in the winter house, and there was a fire burning in the firepot before him. So I mean that shows you that that's the winter time. But when you go down to verse ten in Luke chapter two says an angel said, fear not. Once again that fear not Uh shows up. But it must be pretty scary, you know, intimidating.
Speaker 3: It's okay, I'm the good guy.
Speaker 1: But he says, you know, I fear not. I bring you tidings of great joy, you know, you know. The Feast of Tabernacles was known as the season of our Joy to the Hebrews. The people were commanded to rejoice for the entire week. If you read Deuteronomy of sixteen fourteen, God even Uh pre planned the birthday song Psalm one eighteen. They would recite this at the Feast of Tabernacles. Jesus's name Yeshua means salvation. So imagine two point five million Jews unwittingly reciting this psalm and replace salvation with Yeshua at his birth. Yeshua is the is in the tabernacles of righteousness. Only God. Luke goes on to say, suddenly there was an angel with the multitude of heavenly host praising God and saying glory to God in the highest and on the earth piece goodwill toward men Luke chapter two, verse thirteen through fourteen. It's no wonder as they look down at the handiwork. He is truly the master conductor of the universe, coordinating, coordinating everything from the beginning.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 6: A lot of depth right there, a lot of backing it up right there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And even the gifts, you know, because it talks about the wise men, but the wise man is not in Luke. You gotta go to Matthew for that. So if you go to Matthew chapter two, that's where you have the wise men encounter.
Speaker 3: Let's see, Well, each of the gifts had a different meaning, and like the gold being for a gift for a king, I mean, that would be a gift for a king, right, and then I'm trying to remember the murrh and frankensons.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, you know, gold was the kingship. Frankincense was the symbolizing the deity and the death.
Speaker 3: That was what you part of the embalming. Part of the embalming processes with a smell.
Speaker 1: So uh with the wise men. And here's where you get into the astrology part of it that ties it even together. Even more June seventeenth to b C, Venus traveled east towards Jupiter. Both converged and appeared to be one bright star. There was also a full moon on this day. From both sides of the dome of the sky was lit brightly. The wise men of Babylon noticed and went out to follow this star and find the birth of this king that was in the stars, that was foretold in the stars. And three months later, because of course they're not going to find it instantaneously, they had to travel for a way. This was like a like a bat signal pretty much said to go find it, and it says. And three months later, on September the eleventh, one year. Three months later, September eleventh, three BC, they did Mike Hauser's Reversing Hermon and the Star that Astonished the World by Ernest Martin, or two books you can look at that goes into great detail about this. This was no single star that they followed, but a set of stars slash constellations. Revelation twelve is a description of the birth of Jesus. It's not just metaphoric but physical in the heavens. It was constellations, Psalms, nineteen one says, the heavens declare the glory of God in the sky above, declares his handiwork. It pours out speech and reveals knowledge. Romans ten Paul tells us the heavens communicated the coming of Jesus. Ancient people have been mapping the stars forever, the same stars they saw back then and documented we still see today. Genesis says God created the sun moon to separate day from night, and the stars and signs and seasons Genesis one fourteen. The sun tells the hour, the moon tells the month, the stars tell the seasons. It's like a perfect time peace or watch where they all take the same path continuously. And the ancient people documented these things so well that we can actually rewind those hands on that clock. So like the Revelation twelve breakdown is, you know where it's clearly astronomical. The sun, moon, and stars are mentioned are on her cloth in the sun, the twelve stars on her head, and the moon under her feet. You know, cloth in the sun simply means the sun being in the midst of the constellation's virgo between the neck and the knees, which I believe the womb she is pregnant with the Sun, who turns out to be God after all. But the Sun would have to be located between one hundred and fifty to one hundred and seventy degrees along the ecliptic. This clothing of the Sun in Virgo occurs for a twenty day period each year. This twenty degree spread could indicate the general time when Jesus was born, but the moon under her feet really narrows the window. It's roughly a nine minute window to astronomically pinpoint the birth of Jesus. The twelve stars on her head is Leo, the lion king. Jesus was also from the line of Judah, the prophesized line of Judah. The dragon under her waiting to devour the child is the constellation Hydra, who coincidentally has seven heads like the one in Revelation. All these things lining up perfectly to give us the date of the birth of Jesus, which is September eleventh, three BC. Oh, sorry that was long winded. No that it takes.
Speaker 3: That was all the info you got to give the background to line it all up.
Speaker 6: And I mean, if you look the sun, you know, down into the southern hemisphere, all year long until it comes to the southernmost point at December the twenty fifth, and that's your saltus right there. And then perceivably the sun stops moving after moving southbound all year long, after goes three days of being stuck and moving south all year alarm, it's perceivably aligned with what's called a constellation.
Speaker 4: The crux.
Speaker 6: And then after three days, the sun, after moving southbound all your alms, starts to move northward. And this right here is when the Sun's starting to become more powerful dominant.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 6: Then it rises up and goes into the hemisphere.
Speaker 1: And just like the scripture says, you know the stars for tell you know the glory of God and his handiwork. The crux is a cross. Yes, so the sun goes to the cross three days you said three days. Then it ascends.
Speaker 6: It's headed back to the northern hemisphere and after moving southbound in your movies.
Speaker 1: That's just a coincidence, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: Well, it's probably a conspiracy. Let just be honest about it.
Speaker 3: That's a bad word.
Speaker 6: I love it though.
Speaker 3: I was spot on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, did a great job.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for listening to the dig Bible podcast. Questions, comments, or future episode ideas, and we'd love to hear from you at the Dig four two three at gmail dot com. If you enjoy our content, don't forget to share, subscribe, and check out our Facebook group at the Dig Podcast. Remember you can't lean on a shovel and pray for a whole.
Speaker 4: You gotta dig