Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, He rod Ryan come Bay Free Beer Friday. Wakey, wake your hands off. Snaky rod Ryan Shoke checking in beer straight up at six, seven, eight and nine.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: That's free Beer Friday. Kevin going for win number three in the fresh out of bad Head to Head and Challenge. Chris Taple didn't play Saturday night at Minute Bay Park. I've got tickets for you in homeroom. Those will be on the Fun Fact Flashback. Yesterday on the show, we announced Highly Suspect is coming back to town. Everybody here loves this band. November eighth. Buy you Music Center tickets go on sale today at ten. We will give you another pair of tickets before they go on sale. The suburb of Summer Sissler brought to is my Shell Federal Credit Union. This is the final game in the Sweet sixteen Spring Branch takes on Chema at eight twenty this morning. I'll slide in some twenty one Pilots tickets in the eight o'clock hour, and that includes going backstage to meet the band. That'll be closer to around eight forty and then it looks like Chilli is backloading the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. He put those again on No the show. You got to listen to the whole damn program. Guys. We got a really good chance to get into rain today, so we'll get into that. It'll be a little cooler outside highs today of ninety two. That's manageable. Good Morning testsa what are Houston's headline?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod and good morning a home room. Okay, So yesterday it was a day of rumors like who's going to perform at the final day of the DNC.
Speaker 5: Is Beyonce going to show up? Is Taylor Swift going to show up?
Speaker 2: That's not fair that people just make up in their mind that someone's going to be there, And there was never ever a second Beyonce was going to be there yesterday, but the whole internet thought she.
Speaker 4: Was a big surprise. Was that there was not a big surprise. The evening did see a performance from Pink, who's sang what About Us with her daughter Willow, And then of course Vice President Kamala Harris accepted the Democratic nomination for president.
Speaker 5: So that's what's going on.
Speaker 2: There, I know.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 4: And then there's a speculation that independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Junior will be at former President Trump's rally in Arizona today. So a little bit of gossip mill, a rumor mill, political rumor mill. Alex more serious stuff here in Texas. You know, the mother of that Houston girl that was killed by illegal immigrants, remember, Alexis nadungre Well, Her daughter Jocelyn.
Speaker 5: Was the one that was.
Speaker 2: Murdered, I mean murdered.
Speaker 4: By two Venezuelan nationals who were in the country illegally. So she endorsed for a former President Donald Trump his rally close to the Mexico Arizona border yesterday, So that was kind of a big news story here locally. And then the fact that Texas is sending fewer busloads of illegal immigrants lately to sanctuary cities run by Democrats. That's another headline we'll get into. So that's the more serious stuff, all right, Let's get back to some quirkier things. A poll found the top dating x They surveyed around one thousand people who use dating apps and asked for the biggest online dating X. So things that immediately turn you off. Turns out if you're a negative Nancy or a bitter Betty or a bitter Bob, I don't know. Seventy percent of people say that is an ick. They do not need any more negativity in their life. Heavily filtered photos a close second. Sixty percent of people said, hey, don't try to make yourself look too good. Also, we can tell it's filtered. Yeah, it literally triggered a laugh from you really quickly.
Speaker 2: Guys got a back off on those being too.
Speaker 4: Materialistic, a lack of general effort, pro grammar spelling.
Speaker 5: We'll be talking about X this morning.
Speaker 2: It was fun. My favorite filtered photos are when the dude has to be in the picture and then and then his face becomes filtered. It it is the most beard in this It's the most cringe thing ever.
Speaker 4: The flower crown and the puppy ears were forever like those are the iconic original filters singing jeez okay. Jennifer Lopez, she's either Theanos or the Elizabeth Taylor of our generation because she has a habit of not returning her engagement rings when her relationships go sour, so that would suggest she's keeping the five point six million dollar ring Ben Affleck gave her. In her defense, the ring is engraved with the phrase.
Speaker 5: Not going anywhere. That's what Ben gave her. But check it out.
Speaker 4: From like her first boyfriend to this last mid Affleck, it's over seventeen million dollars worth of jewels worth of engagement rings.
Speaker 5: Chris Judd, Mark, Anthony Alex Rodriguez.
Speaker 4: So we'll be talking about her collection, her very impressive collection today.
Speaker 2: I think you're a collective. You go, girl in the audience.
Speaker 4: So we get new music from Blink one eighty two, and actually we got it overnight, but we're gonna get to listen to it together at seven twenty am.
Speaker 2: This is it, it is.
Speaker 5: It's called all in My ed It rocks and Nate Rocks according now is page. That's all.
Speaker 4: That's the only endorsement I need. Okay, those are Houston headlines, all.
Speaker 2: Right, seven twenty This morning, we'll play this song what you.
Speaker 6: Got Yastro's gotta win. Last night they set out the Ools six and nothing. It was their sixty ninth win of the season.
Speaker 5: Pretty nice. They're gonna play the Oils again tonight.
Speaker 6: Hunton Brown is gonna be on the map for this shows going up against Baltimore's k Povich. First pitches at six oh five. You can watch it or you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. In football, the Texans are gonna wrap up the preseason tomorrow when they host the Rams at Energy Stadium.
Speaker 5: Don't expect to see many, if any starters in the game.
Speaker 6: Kickoff is gonna be at noon, and you can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen. They're gonna open up the regular season September eighth, at the cold College football kicks off this weekend two.
Speaker 5: We got week zero games.
Speaker 6: There's like four real games on the slate, but hey, it's football, right. Florida State plays Georgia Tech to kick things off.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow morning at eleven am. They're gonna kick off out in Dublin, Ireland.
Speaker 6: Then the other games New Mexico playing Montana State, SMU at Nevada, and Hawaii against Delaware State. If you want to just get a little college football on your screen, it's going to just kind of have it on in the background at least. In soccer, Houston Donald FC returns the pitch tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: They'll host Toronto FC.
Speaker 6: That's gonna kick off at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on in sports. All right, guys, it's gonna be a busy morning, busy morning, four hours of pain. Free beer Friday. Let's do the damn thing.
Speaker 7: Get whyay fieay day, Mandy. You've got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Right Bam Friday. Right, free Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: Wee Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Ryan Ryan, Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, Good morning. Well Hello, who's this your caller number ten? I got to be here for you. Awesome, that is awesome. Melissa. Where are you from?
Speaker 8: Nedway?
Speaker 2: Melissa?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 8: Northwest, Houston north?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? I sorely? Melissa?
Speaker 10: Oh good, jefs.
Speaker 2: What more? What language are we speaking right now? What? I feel like? These are easy questions.
Speaker 10: From him out.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, don't be sorry.
Speaker 5: I just slowed down for us because we're we're dumb.
Speaker 2: Melissa. Listen, I'm so happy you're on. I'm so glad that you're on the show. I'm so glad that you won beer. I'm so glad that you're from North Houston, and that's all I know about you know, that's it. I couldn't hear anything else. Enjoy your beers, have a great weekend.
Speaker 8: That's thank you.
Speaker 2: Bye bye, I mean, and with your spirit.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: Sometimes when I listened to Cardi B talk, I'm like, what, just like I can't understand Cardi B either she did, but you don't love her any less? Like what is that? What was that?
Speaker 5: You don't I can get.
Speaker 2: Like every third word out of Cardi. I kind of felt that you fill in the blanks. Hey, good morning everybody. Rod Ryan's show and just like that live radio Baby, people are excited about the guns and roses, Crystal. Can you please wake me up with GNR every day? Shane. Now, that's a proper way to start a Friday. Happy Friday, Savannah, Yay, way to start my Friday morning. Let's have a great day. It's a great day to have a great day. That's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's true.
Speaker 2: It is a great day to have a great day. And we're gonna be very very busy this morning. I think it's gonna go smooth. I think it's gonna go by really quick too. Kevin's going for win number three fresh out of bed head to Head, I forgot Green Day and Smashing Pumpkins are out on tour. They're playing Arlington and not here. But we do have tickets, so Julie threw those into the fresh out of head head to Head today. You have to drive yourself out there, but he's got tickets for you, and I'm gonna give away Chris Stapleton tickets in homeroom. Okay, I already mentioned that highly suspect tickets are gonna be in the seven o'clock hour. We may push those down because Alex brought in New blinkin eighty two today for show and Tell. Yes, I didn't know we were doing show and Tell today. What he brought in was New Blink win eighty two, so he's gonna show tell and play it for us at seven twenty this morning, so I can't wait. And then the suburbn Summer Sizzler at eight twenty, and then a seventy percent chance of rain, Alex tells me, I knew we had a heavy chance of rain today. That's great news. Over the weekend, nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain, So today is our best day, but it's going to cool off a little bit, so obviously a lot of ground to cover. I'm up against a break and on the flip, got a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up to get Kevin back on the air for the Fresh Out of.
Speaker 11: Bed Houston, Houston's alternative and helm at the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back rod Ryan Show on this free beer Friday. See some people online excited about that new Blinkwin eighty two. It's floated around out there, but I'm I'm resisting. I'm asking you to do the same. I'd like to listen to it together as a family this morning. Alex is gonna present that to us. I said, show and tell today, he's got the new Blinkwin eighty two. At seven to twenty, Kevin looks like well, Chiley's in the process of getting Kevin ready for the Fresh out of Bed Head to head that's coming up. We got some rain today, Okay, I'll take that. We'll take a closer look to see what time we can expect that rain up to a seventy percent chance today. Nice. What's trending?
Speaker 5: Remember pommel horse Guy from the.
Speaker 2: Olympics, the nerdy guy that won gold on Mark Kent kind of? I mean, I listen, people said he was nerdy. Anybody wears glasses, I guess it's nerdy.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 2: He wasn't an Olympia. We found out though that he was a Rubik's Cube guy though, right, he was like a speed Rubic's Cube guy.
Speaker 5: So he has like a hot girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all of thing.
Speaker 4: Anyway, after winning bronze at the Olympics, he's going to try to win gold on the Dance for He is the first celebrity announced for season thirty three of Dancing with the Stars. He's twenty five years old. He became an instant celebrity in Paris. Yeah, he went completely viral and now palmmelhorse guy will be on season thirty three of Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 4: People in Colorado, Kansas, Mexico, and Nevada are bracing themselves because apparently thousands of tarantulas will as soon be marching their way across those four states. It is mating season about to begin. The trancelas will cross deserts high way streets and backyards homes.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah, no, thank you. And then for two.
Speaker 4: Hundred dollars a night you can say at what could be called an airbn Beetle. Original Beatles drummer Pete Bess and his brother converted rooms above the Kasba coffee Club in Liverpool into Airbnb's. So there are five units available each name for an original member of the Beatles.
Speaker 5: Beetles getting in on the Airbnb game. That's what's trending on ninety four five bus.
Speaker 2: Whole question up this morning. If you want a million dollars in the lottery, would you quit your current job? It is split. It is fifty to fifty right now. Pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: You need a purpose and you just spend it so quick if you quit your job, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like you would need you need something to keep you in check.
Speaker 5: I don't know about you, but like this early morning hour, it keeps me in check.
Speaker 2: The bare minimum you're getting, I would act a fool. You got to use all the things though the government's taken twenty five percent of that right off the top, and then there's a way of them getting more. World five. I just assume it's task. Probably when you'll think of.
Speaker 5: It like that, pretend the other half like whenever anybody wins survival, like it's just like five long read.
Speaker 2: Poll question poll question on the X at Rod Ryan's Show right now. Good morning everybody, This is Kevin.
Speaker 12: You're fresh out of bed, hit the head two day Champion, plum Pump Jump.
Speaker 13: Don't even join me on Free Beer Friday when I make it win number.
Speaker 2: Three seven one three two one two five.
Speaker 14: It's Free Deer Friday Friday, The Ron Ryan Show on ninety four five.
Speaker 3: The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Cover ninety four five The Buzz Oliver Tree, Let me down, rod Ryan Show. Hop, You're off to a great start to your day. It is Free Beer Friday. We did give away our first case. We will have another one for you straight up at seven, eight and nine. Oh and then after that fourth case, it becomes open Phones Friday. Love that love talking to you guys even more than we already do. So you get the whole last hour of the show, and then we leave you with rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party ticks for the big show that everybody wants to get into.
Speaker 11: Okay, come on, let's play games, and now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge the listeners to New York Corners Alex are we only playing two games today?
Speaker 2: I believe, so that's it. Would you get over the phone, lazy? Just mail it in the last day of the week, Kevin, there's all those Kevin drops that you love so much.
Speaker 5: I don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Doing it. I thought that you. Kevin didn't ask for him. I didn't even ask for him. You just put him in for a couple of days. Thank you for not initially playing. It's his day. He's all excited about that. I'm sorry. That's the one you don't like. That's the one he put in.
Speaker 3: Kevin.
Speaker 2: You're going for win number three. You're thir okay, and you're taking on Abby. Abby, Good morning, good morning. Should I say welcome back? Abby? Yes? He played not that long ago. Yes, I played earlier this year. Okay, Yeah, because I think I went for like a whole ed Abby. I feel like I did that. I feel like I did that in May maybe Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she loved it.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did. You're lucky I called back. That was dumb, Abby, welcome back, thanks for coming back. You obviously lost. Did you win any games? With us this year. I lost on day four, Day four, okay, yeah, she was around for a couple of days. Abby, All right, Abby, welcome back, Kevin going for win number three? What are they playing for?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 15: My back?
Speaker 5: Abby back?
Speaker 4: Okay, part take to see Green Day on the Saviors tour. This is in Arlington, smashing pumpkins, Rancid the Linda Linda's all here.
Speaker 2: All right, here we go, Kevin and Abby. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer? Question number one? What US state consists of islands like mauib and Kevin? Abby Hallai. It's a correct answer. Welcome back to the game.
Speaker 4: Officially, have I have I E would also have been excepted.
Speaker 5: Abby is back.
Speaker 2: It's not a song. Sorry. Question number two, Hey Kevin, yes, sir, okay, just making sure you're still there. I know Abby, I know Abby's there. Question number two, who would most likely make balloon animals and have a bright red nose? Kevin? A clown clown? It's a correct answer, Kevin. That was fast. Yeah, he wasn't as loud as Abby, but he got.
Speaker 5: In first, kicked it in the high found so little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, that's my bad. Oh yeah, that's better.
Speaker 5: Okay, guys, Karen to fit.
Speaker 2: I have not heard back from Karen, please, and that's a different games stop. I have not heard back from suburb Summer Sissler. Karen, she hates me. Abby, Kevin for the win. What shouldn't you throw if you live in a glasshouseb.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Correct? Yeah? Don't throw rocks in a glass house?
Speaker 5: Rocks all acceptable.
Speaker 2: It's a Billy Joel album, I think to at least kind of house.
Speaker 5: Privacy.
Speaker 2: Kevin. Yeah, Abby just kicked your ass.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 2: He did. No, Kevin didn't question.
Speaker 16: I gotta bring it up.
Speaker 6: I think I want and there's no delay, and.
Speaker 2: What you get out of here, we get out of here. I think there's some hang on. I think there's a static, there's a form you can fill out hang on. There's a piece of there's some paperwork here. I can't really find the form right now. But I don't know there's something that you can form a complaint. Okay, Kevin, Hey, good getting Maddy. Hey, that's how you lose guys, sportsmanship passing around Kenny? Do you hear? All right?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Abby? That was awesome? Can you uh can you play on Monday? Can you win four more times. Okay, all right, hang on, Welcome back to school kids.
Speaker 13: No running in the halls, no running in your mouth, no running water, no running with the Don.
Speaker 2: Ryan bus or five buzz. I'm forty one into Deep Rod Ryan Show on a free beer Friday. Another case of beer coming your way straight up at seven o'clock. Thank you, specs. Alex brought in some new Blink one eighty two for us all to enjoy together. It's a nice, nice little dish to pass around. Hey, new Blink one eighty two music coming at seven to twenty. We'll listen to it together. We'll take some phone calls, we'll do all of that. He's already said that it's great, but it's his favorite band, so of course he's gonna say. It's like me saying, oh, I got some new food fighters. It might be okay, it's great. I do have some Chris Stapleton tickets coming up for you on the fun Fact flashback. But we got a new champion. An old friend is.
Speaker 11: Back, fresh out of bed head to head chut enge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 2: Good morning everyone, This is Addie and I'm back. I am your fress out of bed.
Speaker 17: Head ahead one day camp.
Speaker 6: Nice, I'm together a couple of wins back in May, so now I know exactly what i I'm doing here.
Speaker 17: Join me on Monday when I make it win the Britube.
Speaker 2: There you have it. So Abby is back. You guys are so good at curating and remembering all this stuff. Adam the cop, he's like, uh, he's kind of like a little like his little other John's assistant. Abby is quick. I remember her smoking Autumn who just made it into the Hall of Fame back in May. So get there, Abby this time. Was there a chick fight between them show?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 4: And I remember Abby kind of having like like a fourth day jitter thing like okay, yeah, I feel like those nerves are under that's water under the bridge now.
Speaker 5: And she just played a great game against Kevin, who I thought was a lock for the Hall of Fame the way.
Speaker 2: He was playing. All right, Abby, do a lot of ayahuasca this weekend, then come back on Monday. You'll be fine. Yeah. Is that what it is? Ayahuasca?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That is Yeah.
Speaker 2: Don't do ayahuasca, okay unless you want to. It's the fuck back in the day. We make you look smart.
Speaker 18: Body the fuck to the day.
Speaker 2: Uh, how does this work? Alex Joe Namath had a losing record in his NFL career. He won sixty two games as a quarterback, he lost sixty three. He had one hundred and seventy three touchdowns to his two hundred and twenty interceptions. He's a Hall of Fame quarterback because he went to the Super Bowl and guaranteed a victory and walked out with that one finger up in the air and then he banged a ton of hot chicks.
Speaker 5: If you say Eli Manning's not a Hall of Famer, look at that stat.
Speaker 2: Eli Manning is is an easy Hall of Famer when you look at Joe Namath. But is Joe Namath the most undeserving Hall of Famer? Ever?
Speaker 6: It was early and it's like he puts balls on the table right there, like nobody really done that.
Speaker 5: So I think like to be the first guy to really do that in the NFL.
Speaker 4: And then you bring so much like notoriety to the sports, you know what I mean, Like you bring up outside people into this game of football.
Speaker 5: That was kind of you know.
Speaker 2: Newer back then he was making movies. He was a rock star.
Speaker 6: He was good for the game Yeah, can you tell the story of football without Joe Amos?
Speaker 2: Probably not? Okay, Okay, that's a great way to put it. Those are horrible statistics, right, No, you had that one run.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he made the AFL seem like it was legit.
Speaker 2: He just had the worst knees ever. He was always banged up. Yeah, but he was sitting on the sidelines in that thig and that fur coat. Okay. Finally, h h No, I got two more for you. Oreos. You think Oreos are revolutionary, like how they came up with those little sandwich cookies and the stuffing in the middle. They are knockoff of hydrox cookies, not vice versa. Hydros debut in nineteen oh eight. Oreos copied them came out in nineteen twelve.
Speaker 7: That is.
Speaker 5: Whoa marketing is important.
Speaker 2: You could still buy hydrocks. I believe cookies. Finally, I mean, Hugh Jackman's gotta be I'm gonna guess six three. We have Reynolds. They're tall, they're lean, They're tall for Hollywood.
Speaker 5: They're tall for Hollywood, which isn't always as tall as we think.
Speaker 2: I'll go six to two for Hugh Jackman. Wolverine's official comic book height stands at five three.
Speaker 4: That's neat, you got it six too, exactly, that's two.
Speaker 2: All right, it's the fuck back to the Day.
Speaker 18: We make you look smart, everybody, It's the back to the Day.
Speaker 2: Tell me what you're giving away.
Speaker 4: I got a pair of tickets to see Chris Stapleton. He is performing at mid of May Park this weekend tomorrow with Mariana Lambert and Grace Potter.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's your fun.
Speaker 2: Who is Nicholas Coppola?
Speaker 4: Question?
Speaker 2: Who is Nicholas Coppola? Seven one three two one two five nine four five Okay, I just informed Captain Cash has the morning off, so yeah, fun fat flashback. Give us a call Houston and The Rod Ryan Morning Show six at ten am. The Buzz Hony four five the Buzz, welcome back. Well, all right, good morning. Who's this?
Speaker 1: This is Pete?
Speaker 2: I Pete, Welcome in, Welcome in, Pete morning, Come on in the waters. Fine um. Okay for the fun fact flashback? Who is Nicholas Coppola? Nicholas Cage? Nick Cage nailed it. Way to go, dude, Congratulations, you're the winner. What are you giving?
Speaker 4: Are you ready to go to this? Chris stapleson concert tomorrow.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna be at the Texas game, but my wife can go right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, they're your tickets.
Speaker 5: You're gonna be a hero. Congratulations, and tickets are your I'm off the doghouse.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, he was that he was trying to win these to get us stress. Okay, I don't even want to know. All I know is if a bro can help out a bro here, I'm all about it. Dude, you're out of the doghouse. You're the right guy to win these tickets. Pete. That's why I love an RS. All right, my man, hang on for me. That's that homeroom connection.
Speaker 19: Baby, it's a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: Here's Lit ninety four and five The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show on this free beer Friday. Thank you Specs for the beers. We'll have another case for you coming up straight up at seven o'clock. Seven o'clock hour is crazy busy. We're going to play that new Blink one eighty two song at seven twenty they got new music out today, and then we're gonna get you some highly suspect tickets. We'll probably push those down a little bit, but we'll get you those tickets next hour. We just announced highly suspect yesterday on the show. They're playing the number eight by U Music Center. They announced yesterday. We announced it yesterday. Tickets are going on sale today at ten am, so they're not messing around at all, partly Claudie. Seventy percent chance of thunderstorms today, Okay, high of ninety two rest of the weekend. I don't see anything about a twenty percent chance of rain. Upper nineties. As it should be, as it is in August. Good morning Tessa Houston's headlines. Please oll roight.
Speaker 4: Did you hear this rumor about Beyonce possibly performing at the final night of the DNC.
Speaker 2: Who started it? You know, nobody knows. But what happens is that snowball started at the top of the mountain and for some reason, the internet thought that Beyonce was going to be some sort of a surprise guest last night. Yeah, and it never happened, and it was a big like ah. Beyonce's people said there was never even talks of it.
Speaker 4: So TMZ actually reported that she would come out to support Kamala Harrison the final night of the DNC in Chicago.
Speaker 2: And however, they get it right way more than they get it wrong over there at TMC, whether you like them or not, they do get things right.
Speaker 4: About halfway through the event, a representative for Beyonce announced she was never scheduled to be here, right, the reports of a performance not true, rumors false.
Speaker 5: So that was kind of the big underlying story. Of course, Kamala accepts the nomination.
Speaker 4: And you know, Pink was air performing and then and you know that's they had their convention.
Speaker 2: But how does Pink feel She was scheduled right and did perform right, and the story is somebody that wasn't even scheduled. Yeah, the big story is someone that wasn't there and wasn't scheduled.
Speaker 20: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that just goes to show you, you know, Beyonce is huge.
Speaker 4: There you go, okay, So that's kind of like the big story. And then here in Texas, it's been nearly two months since Governor Greg Abbott has sent a busload of illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities. A spokesperson for Abbot attributes fewer busloads to fewer illegal border crossings. The spokesperson said illegal crossings are down eighty five percent since the start of the Governor's Operation Lone Star Border Security Initiative. It's state fair season, and that means husband calling is back.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 4: If you've never heard a husband calling contest, you're missing out.
Speaker 5: It's musty TV. It's like cow calling or.
Speaker 4: Hog calling, but it's wives calling their husbands from like pretending to call them in from the other room or from out in the fields. Because this is like it dates back to before there were cell phones, so all you had was your voice.
Speaker 2: Do you have something from this? Yeah, I've seen pig competitions that they go.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: So is that how you call your husband? Well, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know how you would call them. All right, let's see, I don't have a husband.
Speaker 2: Dinner's ready. Okay, that's what used to work with my dad and my mom. All right, here we go. Was she calling chili chilly?
Speaker 20: There's something else?
Speaker 3: One can get what it is? Job?
Speaker 2: How you would call an animal like this is not hang on, I think we have something here. Every time we need something from Chile. All right, there's a blog page up you can see some of the different examples of this husband calling contest. It's kind of fun. And it's funny.
Speaker 4: It's very fun The Crow hits theaters today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you know this is a new Crow movie.
Speaker 4: But the director, Rupert Sanders, insists that it is not a remake of The Crow, but are reimagining now. This is the same guy who did snow White in The Huntsman, which was an extremely different take on the actual snow White and Seven Doors Store Seven Dwarfs story. He also did Ghost to Michelle, So this is a really really creative guy.
Speaker 2: He says.
Speaker 4: He think it would be great for people just to know that it is wildly different from the original and that the original is still there. He's like, I haven't recorded over anyone's vhs.
Speaker 5: You can still go and see that movie.
Speaker 4: But he hopes that this reimagining resonates with people who love that movie when they were in their teens, when they were younger. He says, this is my version of that text. It's my adaptation of the novel which he loved.
Speaker 2: I hope he got it right.
Speaker 4: We have the trailer if you guys want to go check out the trailer on links and guests in music News.
Speaker 2: I am calling all Van Halen fans.
Speaker 4: The final song Eddie and Alex van Halen worked on Together is being released, but there is a slight catch. You have to buy Alex's upcoming autobiography in order to hear it. The book is called Brothers and it comes out October twenty second. The song, which is just titled Unfinished, will be on the audiobook version. So Alex calls the book his tribute to his brother, his way of saying goodbye, Ed, I love you, I miss you. When I see you again, I'm going to kick your ass.
Speaker 5: Those are Houston sid lights.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'll wait for one guy to buy the audiobook uploaded to YouTube, and then and then I'll go to the YouTube video.
Speaker 5: Good on you pretty much?
Speaker 20: All right?
Speaker 21: Oh?
Speaker 5: Whoa astro's got to win? Last night they shout out the Orioles sixty nothing for their sixty ninth win of the season.
Speaker 6: They're gonna play the Oils against the night Hunter Brown up be in the mountin for the Strows, going up against Baltimore's kid Povids. First pitches at six o' five and you can hear it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Got some football going on this weekend. The Texans are gonna wrap up the preseason tomorrow when they host the Rams at NRG Stadium. Don't expect to see many, if any starters in this one. Kickoff's gonna be at noon and you can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen. They'll open up the regular season September eighth at the Colts. Kickoff for college football is this weekend. It's week zero, so we got four games on the schedule for tomorrow. Florida State and Georgia Tech are gonna kick things off in Dublin, Ireland tomorrow morning at eleven am. Then we got New Mexico against Montana State, SMU at Nevada, and Hawaii against Delaware State to just you know, wet your palate, hit your palate going for for next weekend, it's college football games. It's a little taste yeahpite, Yeah, some hor divorce if I may. In soccer US down to MYFC returns to the pitch Tomorrow night. They're gonna host Toronto FC at Shell Energy Stadium. That's gonna kick off at seven thirty and watching on Apple TV.
Speaker 2: That is it's going on in sports The Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, the Bus.
Speaker 7: Bam Friday, You've got free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free BAM Friday, Free Bam Friday, and right Bam Friday, Bam Friday and free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 9: Ron?
Speaker 2: Hey man? What's up with you? Who is this?
Speaker 16: It's easy?
Speaker 2: When did we talk last? I feel like you've been on recently? Yeah it was.
Speaker 19: I won free beer Friday last month.
Speaker 2: Last month, he won free beer Friday. Are you going for some sort of a record here? You're the beer winner this hour?
Speaker 19: Oh man, I'm trying to win those twenty an of Thersary tickets.
Speaker 2: Well, and I you know you probably. I hope you heard my comments on this. This doesn't hurt young winning the twentieth anniversary tickets.
Speaker 16: Uh oh yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're just chilly, both him and I just said we're looking away. The twentieth anniversary is just the next level type thing. So if you win something, then you can go for the go for the tickets, all right, Still try to win the anniversary tickets.
Speaker 22: Now.
Speaker 2: You can't win highly suspect tickets later on this hour, and you can't win twenty one pilots or go backstage next hour. But I'll give you the beer though. All right, man, that's awesome. What is the key to winning beer? I'm gonna I'm gonna get an email from somebody today and they're gonna say I heard that easy guy over a month ago winning beer. What's the secret? Why do these same people win beer? What is your tactic?
Speaker 1: I call and I call until I get in.
Speaker 2: There's no secret, people, you just have to call. That's it. How many times did you call today? Did you try for the did you try for the first case at six?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I did at least bout one hundred times.
Speaker 2: About one hundred times. That's what people do.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like casuals, you gotta put in the work.
Speaker 2: Man, is he enjoy your beers? Bro have a great weekend.
Speaker 16: I love you, guys, love you.
Speaker 2: I mean it when I say it. That's Ezy. Everybody you know him? I feel like we know him now, that's all. I feel like. He's going after Robbie a little bit. Uh with the beer record? Oh yeah, Ken, we haven't heard him. Robbie. Where's the other one? This is my favorite Robbie. Now. I love you, mister d.
Speaker 5: That's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's the beer champion right there is He's going for the record there, I think. Okay, So I did mention Rob Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party tickets. Those are coming your way on know the show, and that's a chilly thing. He kind of puts the prizes where they lay. Okay. So the last thing we do today we get you in to the party that everybody he wants to be in at the Carbock Brewery Saturday, October twelfth. More information about that is on links and guests. And then we had a meeting yesterday and I don't think that we walked away with something fun or when we're going to do something fun. We talked about doing something I don't want to say what that fun thing is, but we didn't say when we were doing it, did we. We just said, okay, this will be the next idea. Well, we'll give away like a chunk of tickets, you know, like kind of like we did with the selfie thing on our Facebook page. This is going to be interactive and it's going to be the next time we do a chunk. I'm thinking, I don't want to say it twenty pair. I'm thinking to blow out twenty pair of tickets. That's what I'm thinking. We'll have something for you next week on that. All right, I got a pull a question this morning, and people are just you're smart. Okay, you're smart. What did we say? There are two money things today this week on the show. A bar of gold, which we said was around twenty seven pounds a gold bar, for the first time ever, is worth a million dollars. Awesome.
Speaker 21: Cool.
Speaker 2: It just seems like those two things should have always been equal. But no, gold, it wasn't worth that much. But now it is the other thing, the the determining factor if someone is rich or not. That number now is two and a half million dollars. Geez. If you have two and a half million dollars, now you're rich. Now anything under that you're not fought up as rich.
Speaker 5: You're still a poor.
Speaker 2: Now that's going to be That's gonna be different for everybody. But we we we talked about that this week. My question is if you won one million dollars in the lottery, would you quit your current job? That's a good question. Twenty five percent of our audience says yes. Seventy four percent of our audience says no. You know what would be the big determining factor on this is how old you are. Okay, Yeah, if you're sixty years old and you won a one million dollar lottery, you know, ticket you might say, yeah, quicker than somebody that's thirty. You know. If you're twenty five and you say you're quitting your job because you want a million dollars, that's not a smart thing to do, Billy, Right off the top, twenty four percent is going to the government, right off the top. Then when you file again, they're gonna take more of that, right, You're gonna lose a third of it. Un you don't file, Yeah, maybe you can go to Swiss, Maybe you can become a Switzerland or something. Yeah. So Also, I just think it's a mentality too.
Speaker 4: It's like, Okay, you get that money and you think that like solves all your problems and you're done and you're done with work. Like that's not the case.
Speaker 2: To me. I'm like, oh, what a.
Speaker 5: Good That's almost like a te code, you know what I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Like what a.
Speaker 4: Good little leg up like I got I like went to step forward and I went ten step forward, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Like that's how I would.
Speaker 2: Think of it. Yeah, it's not it's a winning a million dollars, And of course like, okay, ruh, mister Dudd. You know talking about taxes. You want million dollars, you gotta pay taxes, right. The best you're gonna do is losing a third to the government. The best you're gonna do. Yeah, I'm with Alex. I just assume you're gonna get half of that. I just assume you're gonna get half of that.
Speaker 5: Charge you to the game.
Speaker 2: Seventy five percent of our audience says, Okay, they'd love to win that million dollars, but they're not quitting their current job. Your current job. Okay, I'm the X at Rod Ryan's show. You can answer fun poll questions like that, are we ready for that new Blankwin eighty two song? Be sure? But yeah, now you want to head It's okay, it's your favorite. You want ahead and listen to it without us?
Speaker 16: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, I mean I had subscribe to the album so auto downloads, and I was like the first thing I saw when I got up this morning.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, obvious similars. Okay, well we're gonna all hear you haven't heard it yet. Okay, we're gonna listen to the new Blankwin eighty two song for the first time. We'll take some phone calls on it. We'll find out what is this new Blinkwin eighty two.
Speaker 13: Anyways, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 2: Show any four or five the buzz Good morning, Ryan Shubb. All right, Alex is going to talk about this new Blink within eighty two track that he's got that's coming up. We'll listen to it together. We'll take some calls. You guys can be the music director here, tell us if we think it's something that it's buzzworthy, should we keep it around. I know we got a lot of Blink fans listening pre Beer Friday. Two cases of beer down, we'll have another case coming up at eight o'clock. After that nine o'clock beer. It's open phones Friday, and I will get you some highly suspect tickets later on this hour, probably closer to around six thirty five, six point forty. We announced that show yesterday. They're playing November eighth by You Music Center. Tickets go on sale today at ten o'clock. That's a that's a brief rundown of what's about to happen here? What's trending?
Speaker 4: Okay, did you see that Instagram is now letting users out a song to their profile? Like MySpace has entered the chat parent company met and now yesterday. This new feature allows users to select a thirty second snippet of a chosen song, does an AutoPlay, and it seems to be only.
Speaker 5: Available on the mobile app.
Speaker 4: But yeah, Instagram now letting users add a song to their profile.
Speaker 2: Hang on a second, should we should? We just get it on there right now?
Speaker 5: The Sars.
Speaker 2: Thank you, such a beautiful song. So many people had this this This had to be because it was the thing. But people don't listen to the lyrics like you, or they must not. It was just a perfect storm. This song was huge. MySpace was just hitting, and everybody wanted to have a the right song when you went to their profile. So many chicks had this as their song. And I see your cringe moment. I see you putting your hand on your forehead.
Speaker 5: I'm massaging my third eye.
Speaker 2: You are face palming right now.
Speaker 5: I hate this song.
Speaker 2: Okay. The dude is talking to another girl in another room. His girlfriend's in the other room. As he's talking to his side ass side piece can't handle us. So I think as tribute, we should put this up on our.
Speaker 4: Instagram and I'm gonna put torn online if you do that, I'm doing Torn clubs, all right?
Speaker 2: What else is journding?
Speaker 4: Also, since we're talking about social media, YouTube megasar mister beasts so on YouTube he holds the record for like ten million subscribers. That's his record. He did it in one hundred and thirty two days. That record is out the window because Christiano Ronaldo Soccer Start launched his YouTube channel and in less than twelve hours, and in just twelve hours he reached one hundred million subscribers. That makes him the fastest individual to ever hit that number. In the ninety minutes, his channel had already surpassed a million subscribers. He also set the record for a fastest time a YouTube channel has gotten to that number. Four hours later, the count had hit five million and it just grew from there. So it's no longer mister beast who works tirelessly to create content on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Ronaldo billy houses in poor.
Speaker 4: Villages, giving eyesight to the blind. And yeah, Christiano Ronaldez, so mega megastar puts.
Speaker 2: One little ab video on there and it's over for everybody.
Speaker 4: And then a couple more things. Megan thee Sallion is said to MEGANA. Sallion is going to host the twenty twenty four MTV Video Music Awards, and singer Ashanti confirmed she gave birth to her first child with rap artist Nelly.
Speaker 2: So those are the things that are trending on ninety for five. Both Okay back with New Music, Blink one eighty two. They're releasing something called One More Time Part Two. It's out right now, Alex. The album comes out I think September sixth.
Speaker 6: They released a single that will be from like the extension of their album.
Speaker 2: Okay One More Time Part Two, Friday, September sixth, so it's an expansion these leftover tracks from what they put out already.
Speaker 6: They probably were because they're very on If you liked One More Time, this is one hundred percent just on brand with that. They had a little song sampling that they put on their Instagram a couple of weeks ago and it was just like, Yeah, this just feels like other tracks that they didn't release, and I'm down for it.
Speaker 2: So they obviously the guys when they put out one more time time. It should put a two more time. That was the first time they had put out new music with that with that lineup since twenty eleven. So honestly, they were very productive in the studio, very very productive. And they just recorded a million songs, so there's gonna be eight more tracks coming. And this is the only song that's available right now, is what we're about to hear. Yes, okay, and you already downloaded it. Yes, it's all all in my head yet. And this you can pre order and you can pre do everything on the world famous Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com and the music blog page. Let's take a listen to this two minute, forty one second banger. It's Blink Win eighty two, brand new, all in my head. I'll open up the phone lines afterwards. Seven one, three, two, nine four five. It's ninety four or five the buzz.
Speaker 12: I'm a tiny speck of nothing and I'm the entire universe writ large.
Speaker 2: The street was trying to kill me.
Speaker 21: I wake up lady to fight.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't talk about it.
Speaker 3: I kinda sickened the feeling.
Speaker 1: We do this matter to night, but now.
Speaker 2: I start to doubt it.
Speaker 1: Know me her terrible.
Speaker 23: Same time the con.
Speaker 16: I'm going on.
Speaker 3: Letters feel like I'm better.
Speaker 23: Now, Letters feel not yet not. I say, let's give me out.
Speaker 3: I'm breaking out.
Speaker 23: He say, hollad have you been here? Book for a ship bok from the shore. It's probably young my dad over all sig my head.
Speaker 18: Never sleep in the night through. It wasn't out of the floor, intend to talk about it.
Speaker 2: I've been drinking a lot too.
Speaker 5: That's when I think that we're gooding.
Speaker 23: We're such a bunny, cheesy sawsome born and see.
Speaker 3: Letter till I get.
Speaker 23: Still break about. Let me wear ship from the Shore. It's burning in my bed overside my head.
Speaker 20: In my.
Speaker 2: Small mine, all.
Speaker 3: Mine in my.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five. The MOUs World premiere brand new music from Blink on eighty two. It's all in my Head. They have a new album coming out. It's called One More Time Part two, and it looks like they had eight leftover bangers, so eight brand new tracks are going to be on Part two September sixth, twenty twenty four. You can now pre order and you can download this song All in my Head, Lord Tessa, Start with Alex. Start with Alex. I want to hear his boys. Yeah, let's let's you've heard it a couple of times now fix, Okay. I really liked it.
Speaker 6: It's it's obviously like, yeah, maybe it didn't it didn't belong in the first one, but like, this is an awesome extension of it.
Speaker 5: I uh, some Rod done ship Far from the Shore.
Speaker 6: That's kind of a callback to Mark, Tom and Travis that they put out Man Overboard. I thought I thought it was crazy that that Tom pronounced head correctly instead of saying yed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought that would have been maybe a little hacky had he gone for yed.
Speaker 6: But I also thought I'd been on brand because it's like you kind of started that so like you couldn't you. He's the one guy I like.
Speaker 2: I liked that he didn't do it. I do too. I love that it's just blank. Within a two they were just at.
Speaker 6: Lala Lala in Chicago in Chicago, and they had they posted some review that somebody's like their juvenile sense of humor was just a little off pudding and it was like if you never listened to blank wine ay too before, And they kept that up here Blank stains on the couch. They're talking about a bunch of kind of like little dirty jokes that they make in this song.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 5: It's very blank what a two? And if you're a Blank w A two fan, you're gonna love it.
Speaker 2: Too, Tessa.
Speaker 4: I think it's incredible that Blink one eighty two, after the immense success they had, you know, twenty years ago, that they are they're better, like they've sharpened up, they're more of themselves.
Speaker 5: They're more Blank one eighty two than ever and they sound they sound so.
Speaker 2: Good and it's it sounds like Animo of the State nineteen ninety nine. Yeah, better but like Sharper I mean it this, Yeah, I agree with that. It's a it's a polished it's a polished version, but it could be nineteen ninety nine. Two thousand, you can.
Speaker 6: Tell it with this a time away from each other, they fell in love with Blank wine eighty two again.
Speaker 2: Maybe even in two thousand take Off your Pants and Jacket right two thousand. Yeah, it could have been on there, it really, it could have been on either one of those albums. Yeah, it doesn't sound old, no, And I think that they just have locked into they have a timeless sound about them. I think they've just become more of their true selves.
Speaker 4: Like instead of saying, well, I'm gonna explore this, I'm gonna go dabble on this and we're gonna find a different sound. I feel like they've just lean into like this is who we are and we're not changing it. And it's and it's because of that, they've stayed in that lane and they just sound better than.
Speaker 2: Ever, Benjamin, do that.
Speaker 6: They got to go to angels and airwaves, they got to do box carrace, they got to do all the side projects, and like, Okay, this is what we really liked.
Speaker 2: Let's get back together and do what people love. How let's do what people love what we do together. Yeah, And that's what it sounds like to me, Benjamin, Yes, what you got? What'd you think of that new Blinklin eighty two song?
Speaker 9: It was good?
Speaker 2: Anything else, it's good.
Speaker 5: Like today's thirteenth birthday.
Speaker 2: I think that's why you wanted to call really so for him.
Speaker 5: This is my brother's birthday too, birthday.
Speaker 2: Twins, birthday? Have you birthday? Benjamin? What great are you in at thirteen years ago? Seventh or yeah, seventh seventh grade? Yeah? What time school start? It's seven thirty two right now.
Speaker 21: Yeah, it starts at seven point fifteenth corporate late.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, all right, well you need to get off to school. Oh you're digging the new Blank within eighty two.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 2: It's a thirteen year old.
Speaker 24: Yeah, been listening to them since.
Speaker 2: I don't know, for a while, your whole life.
Speaker 5: Probably.
Speaker 22: I love you.
Speaker 2: You're awesome, Benjamin. Yeah, have a great day at school. Man, it's Friday, Yeah, weekends all years, bro, Thank you, Benjamin thirteen Collin Radio Station. Sounds like a little Rodney Ryan that nor Ton of one of New York Jagger. Good morning, Good morning brother rod great man. Would you think of the new Blank win eighty too? The song is called All in My Head?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 15: I thought it was a lot better than some of the other stuff that they've recently come out with.
Speaker 1: I definitely got a good vibe from it.
Speaker 16: Sounded pretty good.
Speaker 2: I like that good vibe. I agree with that. Josh Tree, good morning. I mean it's your boyfriend's favorite band. What are you going to say? Oh, man, I agree with everything I were talking about earlier. It is on points to their sound. Man, I really liked it, But after what everybody said, you probably agree with Alex Most. Oh mean that's just right, you know, all right, Josh, thank you. Get back to school. Chris, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 17: Good morning for the Rod. How you guys doing today.
Speaker 2: We're great, We're great today. We got this new Blankwin eighty two track. Everyone's excited about it. What do you think?
Speaker 17: Yeah, I think it's great.
Speaker 5: It's fresh.
Speaker 17: It's great to see that invergenic people like myself Burger season to cop today. I think it's a great positive kind of a lead vibe. So it's good to see that they're so well ofvant So it's really great. I've always applauded, like when they come back and they've got this huge refollowing and the young kids are just like, wow, they're coold. It's like these are not really much younger. Yeah, it's great to see that they learned from the Masters and Patriot. You'd like the Masters on and Masters on. So it's just continuous. So I think it's great.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pile on what you just said. What you guys are talking about with vibes, bands will get back together. They realize, man, it's a money grab right now, guys, this is our time. We should get back they sound like they're enjoying being around one another.
Speaker 5: Eata they are.
Speaker 2: It's coming across in the music that they are back together because they were great friends and they wanted to rebuild that. Maybe I'm reading too much into it. It's just not a money grab exactly right. It sounds like they're making music. It's coming across in the music that they wanted to get back together, they missed each other.
Speaker 4: I feel like they make it so easy for old Blink fans to introduce it to someone who maybe has never heard it, maybe like to younger kids. Like they make it so easy because it's like, oh yeah, I get it, Like the slaps.
Speaker 5: Like it's not a hard sell.
Speaker 4: It's like showing someone your favorite band from back in the day and they're like I get Like they're like, I guess right.
Speaker 5: You don't have to do that with Blank.
Speaker 2: If you like this, kids, and you're go Enema of the State. If you like this, go listen to Anema.
Speaker 1: Of the State.
Speaker 2: Robbie Jers, Robbie you there, Yeah, good morning, is Robbie right there? We were already talking about him. Did you listen to the new Blenknavy two song? Oh I hear yeah, I did. What'd you think? Yeah, yeah, of course, something.
Speaker 1: That needs to be put on rotation.
Speaker 2: Okaydo heard him, Wizard?
Speaker 5: You heard him, Wizard.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody's got a stronger voice to the Radio Wizard than Robbie. All right, everyone likes it. Uh, that's great. We'll see what the email say. I'll forward those all of the Radio Wizard. If you want to get behind the keyboard or your phone and send me a review of the song, please do so. And uh Wiz wants to see all that. I'm interested as well. Let's give away some tickets.
Speaker 4: Okay, I have a pair of tickets to see Highly Suspect. They're playing by you Music Center at on November eighth. Tickets are on so now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 5: But we have a pair for someone right now.
Speaker 2: When I got into this business, but the one of the jocks, one of the radio personality, said, Rob, the trick is keep them dancing. Once you get them on the dance floor, you got to keep them out there. Yeah, nobody leaves the dance floor. This is the time of the Rod Ryan Show on threemire product where we jump around ninety four five the buzz good morning Rob Ryan's show House of Pain jump around a little bit of a staple around these parts here on Fridays lately.
Speaker 5: I'm a tradition around here.
Speaker 7: It is it is.
Speaker 2: And I start getting emails like dude, what time's the song playing? Like, that's all you gotta say to me?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 2: Like what time? When people send me an email, what time? I know what they mean? What time are we going to jump around with the House of Pain? Well, listen, if you're not off to a good start to your morning now, I don't know what else to do. I don't know what else we could possibly do here. Okay, seventy percent chance we can't help you of rain, cloudy thunderstores. Yeah, you're right. I mean, if you're not having a good time now after what we've just done, you're the problem, kidne me right now, you are the problem. Hey.
Speaker 4: You know how you're asking people like if they would quit their job if they want a million dollars or something like that on the eggs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the exact pole question, would you quit your current job if you won one million dollars in the lottery.
Speaker 4: Well, we had a response to that poll by a man named Dante and he said, with a million dollars, you'd buy a new.
Speaker 5: Phone so we can hear him when he calls.
Speaker 2: Oh so remember yesterday, Remember Dante read my lips? Yeah, I remember I could not hear him. I couldn't Dante, you need a new phone, all right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he knows what he'd do with that money.
Speaker 2: We said we were giving away tickets.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, I've got the highly suspect tickets.
Speaker 2: Good Morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 3: Ladle, mother, father, Ladle.
Speaker 2: There's no way you're call her ten Chili. There's no way he's called her ted. He's got until you have both hands over the air. This is the guy here. You're the guy that turned me on too highly suspect. I told the story years ago. You handed me some EP. I think it was at Lucky's Downtown and you said.
Speaker 16: I think it was the original Senior Skip there or something like that, and.
Speaker 2: You said, you've got to listen to this band. Bro, the gods have a line. You're call her number ten. You want a pair of tickets before they go on sale today.
Speaker 15: To go see dude.
Speaker 2: I used two phones. I'm on the toilet right now.
Speaker 3: I am like somebody.
Speaker 16: I'm trying to window twenty eight anniversary tickets. But you know winning disconcert man, you beg your pastry white sheets.
Speaker 3: I'm going to enjoy it well.
Speaker 2: Highly suspect November A buy You Music Center. This is unbelievable that you won tickets going to sale today at ten o'clock. Dude, you you are way deserving of these tickets. Mondo Later Later, Oh Later.
Speaker 3: Later, Show.
Speaker 5: Easton's Rocking Alternatives.
Speaker 21: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz three days Grace just like you. Rob Ryan's Show, Freemer Friday. We're gonna show you how we do it. In seven minutes, we're gonna give away another case of beer. Thank you to our friends over at Specs. Next hour of course, the Suburb Summer Sizzler. It's our last game in the Sweet sixteen. Winner goes into the Grade eight. We start those great eight matchups come Monday. So we got aj in the Spring Branch taking on Patrick in Keema today at around eight twenty. Next hour two, I've got twenty one pilot tickets for you. This is where you get to go back to age and meet the band. We'll probably get to those closer to around eight thirty five, eight forty. I'm shooting for that window to give those away. Seventy percent chance of some thunderstorms with partly cloudy skis height ninety two today and then I mean today's our best chance of rain. Low chances of rain over the weekend, partly cloudy with the mid to upper nineties. Tessa hod Are Houston's headlines, Well, the.
Speaker 5: Rumors were false.
Speaker 4: Beyonce did not make a surprise appearance at the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 2: Twic's called a rumor, but.
Speaker 4: TMC had reported that she would come out to support Vice President Kamala Harris on the final night of the DNC in Chicago. However, about halfway through the night's event, a representative for fiance was like, we were never scheduled to be there and reports of a performance those aren't true either.
Speaker 5: I will say that Kamala.
Speaker 4: Harris is now the first black woman and the first Asian American to accept the presidential nomination from a major US political party. She accepted the nomination on behalf of the people. Meanwhile, here in Texas, the mother of the Houston girl that was killed by illegal immigrants is supporting former President Donald Trump's run for the White House. Alexis Nanare endorse Trump yesterday afternoon. So he was at a campaign event on the US Mexico border in Arizona. The men accused of raping and murdering her daughter, twelve year old Jocelyn Nungari or Venezuelan nationals who were in the country illegally. The girl's mother delivered a speech in which she said Trump is needed to secure the southern border. All right, let's switch gears here, and if you haven't found someone you connect with, maybe you ross check this list with your online dating profile.
Speaker 5: Because a thousand people were pulled.
Speaker 4: These people use dating apps and they were asked the biggest online dating x so the things that immediately turn them off and oh, seriously, that's right, negativity or bitterness. Seventy percent of people say that's anick. Heavily filtered photos. Don't you make yourself look too good? Sixty three percent of people say that's an ick. Being too materialistic not far behind sixty two percent like multiple photos of you with like your car or your toys.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Can I rewind to the filter thing? Please?
Speaker 8: Quick?
Speaker 5: Please?
Speaker 3: Is the is the filter thing?
Speaker 2: Like the long eyelashes. I don't do the filter for you, I do the filter for me. Well, I feel like forever the same thing.
Speaker 4: Everyone out there has their different reasons from doing whatever.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 5: For me, I wish I had like a smoother skin. So sometimes I'll throw in that.
Speaker 2: It's called a para filter.
Speaker 5: It's the first one over.
Speaker 4: I'll swipe that over my videos because it.
Speaker 5: Makes me feel better.
Speaker 4: And I know that a lot of people are looking at me and they're judging and critiquing, and they're looking for something to pick on me for.
Speaker 2: What about that?
Speaker 5: Why I would do it?
Speaker 2: That looks like melted clay, like your face has been melted? And what the best thing ever? I mean, it's I look forward to seeing. It is when there's a gal that uses the filter all the time. Everyone's got a friend. Everyone's got a friend that's heavily filtered at all times, right, Huh. When they're with their guy in that picture and they slap that same filter on, it looks so ridiculous on dudes too. It looks so ridiculous on the.
Speaker 5: Dudes, makes the guys flawless.
Speaker 2: How could you let them post that? Come on, dude, come on, you don't look like that. No, its like sparkles on his cheek. Girls, you do you, but when the guys are in it, just don't post with them or you can't put a filter on dudes.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about things that you can do that would make someone immediately think you're worth their time, because that's on the blog page too.
Speaker 5: Ah Alex, this is you.
Speaker 2: A good sense of humor? Eighty people love that. What are you sinbad?
Speaker 15: Are?
Speaker 2: I didn't know you were funny?
Speaker 4: Showing off your hobbies or interests Rod the one Wheel.
Speaker 5: Having a good sense of style Chile, Chile, having all the style on the show, showing.
Speaker 4: An interest in travel, you car jet set with me, and then having a pet in at least one photo also helps. Jennifer Lopez just say the number seventeen million dollars collection.
Speaker 5: Of engagement rings.
Speaker 2: Okay, can we run through on good please?
Speaker 4: Okay, the first one you're not gonna know, Oh Jeannie Noah. Jlo married him in nineteen ninety seven, but he got her an engagement ring that cost one hundred and thirty thousand dollars And you're thinking, damn, but that is just the beginning of my friends. Chris Judd backup dancer. Remember he married Jennifer in two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: He didn't have any money.
Speaker 5: The engagement ring two hundred thousand dollars. Okay, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: That's not that's his that's not even a seven month salary.
Speaker 5: And come the big dogs.
Speaker 4: Ben Affleck the first engage aagement ring that he slipped on Jelo's finger in two thousand and two was worth two point six million dollars.
Speaker 5: I remember this, This was a pink diamond.
Speaker 2: It was very rare. Then they broke up.
Speaker 4: Then she got married to Mark Anthony and he spent six point five million dollars.
Speaker 2: We had to spend more than Ben. Right, But and you know what, they.
Speaker 4: Stayed married the longest. They have twins together. They have Max and Emma. Those twins are sixteen. So they were together for a while, the.
Speaker 5: Longest for her.
Speaker 2: They were moy colliente together very and then.
Speaker 4: So after that divorce, she gets well, Alex Ardugez proposes to her, pops the question to her in twenty nineteen.
Speaker 5: That was a two million dollar engagement.
Speaker 2: Ring bottom of a crackerjack bo every even went to the.
Speaker 5: Aisle, right right.
Speaker 4: And so then here's the resurgence of ben Affleck number two, Ring number two, five point six million dollars.
Speaker 2: You got seventeen million dollars to engage her rings.
Speaker 4: And ben Afflex ring has a little engraving on it that says not going anywhere.
Speaker 2: That could be buffed out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, buff got out turn it into some mering anyway.
Speaker 4: Her documentary reviews have skyrocketed since the divorce, since the divorce news. And also if you missed it, we got new music from Blink win eighty two at seven to twenty am. We're gonna play it all day long, so the next chance to hear it is at ten am. It's really really good. It's called All in My Head and it's a.
Speaker 5: New single from them. It sounds great. Those are Houston set lights.
Speaker 2: Let's go. Alex Astro's gotta win.
Speaker 6: Last night they shout out the Ools six to nothing. If it was there sixty ninth win of the season. It's very noise. They're gonna play the Oiols again tonight. Hunter Brown's gonna be in the mount for this Strows going up against Baltimore's Cad Povich. First pitches at six oh five, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and Football Texans are gonna wrap up the preseason tomorrow when they host the Rams. Don't expect to see many, if any starters in that one. Kickoff is gonna be at noon. You can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen. We do have college football kicking off this weekend, though not a full slate of games, but it's week zero, so you just you know, you're getting you your appetizer for the full college footboll season. You got Florida State playing George J. Tech in Ireland tomorrow morning at eleven am. New Mexico takes on Montana State at three. S m U faces Nevada at seven, and then wrapping things up, it's gonna be Hawaii against Delaware State at eleven o'clock tomorrow night. In soccer, using down Web, Steve Returns at the pitch tomorrow, they'll host Toronto FC at Show Energy Stadium. That's gonna pick up at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 5: Peterstone's Rocking Alternatives A Rod Rock.
Speaker 21: The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five Buzz.
Speaker 24: Friguer Friday, and not just any Friday, figure Friday.
Speaker 2: It is figure Friday as.
Speaker 4: In one three, two, one, two, five nine four front.
Speaker 2: For number calls that number took it for you, you and what's called that number.
Speaker 10: Free beer for me, freak beer for you, free beer for.
Speaker 2: Us, give me free beer, give me all the free beer, give me freeper give.
Speaker 21: Me, give me free beer.
Speaker 1: You Friday?
Speaker 20: Cool?
Speaker 16: Right Ryan?
Speaker 24: Sure and get some Come and come and get some figure Friday.
Speaker 21: Ready for your.
Speaker 3: Tongue time Bam Friday.
Speaker 7: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right free Bam Friday, Right Bam Friday.
Speaker 3: And free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rob Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who is this? You're hello Ernest? You call her number ten?
Speaker 9: All right, this is my first time winning beer ever ever.
Speaker 2: I want everything else.
Speaker 24: But I had one beer.
Speaker 2: Really, yes, okay, Robbie doesn't want any more people in on that.
Speaker 5: No, he does not.
Speaker 2: He doesn't want any more people in on this beer thing. We're from Ernest.
Speaker 16: Up for Katie.
Speaker 2: What sorts of things have you won from us before in the past?
Speaker 16: As I've one pit ticket. I've one just I won the Breaking Benjamin pit ticket.
Speaker 9: I'm the honest.
Speaker 16: Earnest that uh.
Speaker 2: That uh played the up dog game. You're the guy that lied, like you're the ernest that lied. I didn't lie, Ernest, were it wasn't.
Speaker 20: You.
Speaker 16: I wanted the ticket. I wanted the ticket.
Speaker 5: But but how he wanted was an ethical You were not going through a drive through.
Speaker 2: You tried to trick the show before it almost worse. It almost worked.
Speaker 5: I would have gotten aware with it.
Speaker 9: Dina.
Speaker 16: It called me.
Speaker 2: You got busted that day hard.
Speaker 16: I know I did. But but but but yeah, I know, I know that was I mean.
Speaker 2: I got another that happened. I got another. It's something that happened which you didn't have to do. But you went and tried to fool the show. But we've moved on past that. I've got another, Ernest. I got a couple of guys that are like, no, no, this is honest Ernest. Yeah, this is the earnest that doesn't lie.
Speaker 5: You're like scoundrel.
Speaker 16: All right, hey, rod But.
Speaker 9: But as far as after that game, I was promised the Rod Ryan shirt and I never got it.
Speaker 16: When I went up there, to the radio station.
Speaker 2: You're probably lying about that, right, So I promised your shirt, okay, and you didn't get it. How does it feel? How does it feel to.
Speaker 20: Be like.
Speaker 5: I mean, it is a.
Speaker 21: It is a.
Speaker 2: You are responsible for an absolute classic moment on The Rod Ryan Show, the Updog Game. Probably the reason we don't play it is because of this joker you You had to go. You had to go through a drive through, okay, into the speaking to the clown head and say, I'll take, you know, a cup of coffee and I'll take an English muffin and I'd like some up dog and excuse me, what was that last thing? It's like, no, no, no, I'll take the coffee. I need the thing and I need some updog. And if they went what's up dog? Oh my god, you got the You got the person in the window to say what's up dog? Ernest Hey, you know you.
Speaker 16: Know, you know how I got away with that. I almost got away with that.
Speaker 2: You didn't get away with it, you know how I almost.
Speaker 19: Got away with that?
Speaker 2: Friend?
Speaker 9: So so no, I was in the office at my office and I called my coworker at her desk and she put she put me on speaker and I was on the phone, I put you gout, I put mine on speaker and she was.
Speaker 16: Talking through it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then he pretends that's the to go window. This is the This is like when we talk about this is the same thing when we talk about criminals. When we talk about criminals or we talk about hackers, we talk in terms of look at how much work they put into this.
Speaker 5: If they would apply themselves in positive things.
Speaker 2: Would just not have broken bad. They would have been able to apply this. There is so much ingenuity and so much thought going into this that there's nothing these people can't do. Yet they choose a life of crime.
Speaker 5: Like Earnest Right, he's a crazy criminal.
Speaker 2: This sho he's pretending the girl on the speakerphone is the drive through gal and he's got her saying up dog through a speaker and everything. That's a that's a very concocted plan. That's the master.
Speaker 16: What got caught.
Speaker 2: That's a psychopathic.
Speaker 16: Dinah was asking for a receipt, and that's.
Speaker 2: What got thought. You said and a large drink, and you didn't specify what the drink.
Speaker 9: I said, no, I said, I said coffee, and I didn't specify large, medium, or small.
Speaker 16: So she wanted to see my receipt and what got me caught?
Speaker 2: And we said what'd you pay for that? He's like, I don't remember. You just didn't know.
Speaker 9: No, I said, I said three bucks and then uh, I think Alex goes, yeah, I think that's about right.
Speaker 16: And Alex was looking up the Loca that that that.
Speaker 9: I had went to and you've got it, and he googled it and he says, yeah, he's there.
Speaker 4: This is like one of those this is like to do Againstcott Keating and he's like, yeah, he joys me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like a twentieth anniversary flashback episode with this guy. All right, dude, enjoy you enjoy your beers, ernest.
Speaker 3: Do I get that shirt?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, it doesn't want to have you can have it.
Speaker 5: Make our shirts ever get a shirt?
Speaker 1: I lie?
Speaker 2: I lie. To the Ron Ryan Show. People still talk about that story all the time. That's the guy.
Speaker 5: That's the guy.
Speaker 2: You've got a lot of nerves showing you're from No, we've made up. We've made up.
Speaker 5: It's it's been years, right, proud of himself.
Speaker 2: Oh, he loves it. He loves it. He goes out, He's like, I'm the guy that Rod was talking about that lied to him. Six Team comes to an end after today's matchup of Spring Branch taking on Chema, AJ B. Patrick coming up. Winter goes to the Great Eighth and those matchups start on Monday. I'm here for it man. The suburb of Summer Sizzler, brought to you by Shell Federal Credit Union, will revisit with aj and Patrick after this Rock and Alternative Fair use to the rod.
Speaker 21: Ryan Marning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 3: The Buzz be four or five the Buzz.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan Shoe, thank you so much for having us on. We're about to talk to our Sizzler people. We got to find out what's trending all that good stuff. I did look up the rain our best chance of rain where they're saying it gets up to a seventy percent chance today eleven twelve, one o'clock. That's gonna be our best shot. So if you got something planned outdoors, then just keep that in Mind's the that's the key time. Other than that for tomorrow and Sunday, nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain. We're in the mid to upper nineties. It's August, dog days of summer what's trending.
Speaker 4: Well, I know you don't like him, but forty seven years old Tom Brady can still dunk a basketball in blue jeans.
Speaker 2: Tom Brady, Jude, I'm just saying, what are we talking about it?
Speaker 20: I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's in the news cycle. He's in the news cycle. He's wearing he's wearing.
Speaker 4: Tennis shoes and jeans, and he just goes up and he just one hand dunks of basketball.
Speaker 2: He's got one of those freakish tall kids too. Like saw that, Like thirteen year old kid is as tall as him.
Speaker 5: He's a tall little boy. Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 4: So I'm sorry Tom Brady is still in the news cycle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay. Another thing, Oh, this is crazy.
Speaker 4: A Canadian mining company unearthed a two point five k carrot diamond in a Botswana mine. This was all in the new cycle because it's the largest diamond found in one hundred plus years and the second largest ever mine period. So is a big, big discovery. I mean, honestly, this is what's gonna have to be on Jlo's next engagement ring. If you ask me, this is what's going to take.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me she's getting another engagement dude, she's the Elizabeth Taylor. Listen, these guys.
Speaker 4: She's not putting a gun to this guy's heads and saying propose to me.
Speaker 2: She might be, she's just got to say it's doesn't work for her.
Speaker 3: Dude.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying that there's always gonna be someone else for j Load Jayloh's gonna be just fine.
Speaker 5: And then what was the other thing I wanted to talk about?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 2: Did you see this Walmart partnering up with Burger King.
Speaker 4: If you're a Walmart Plus subscriber, they're gonna give you discounts on Burger King.
Speaker 2: These mega companies and these collabs. I'm telling you, it makes me very uneasy. It makes me very uneasy. I think the one that Okay, I know you're on the other team here, but Krispy Kreme is adding a doctor Pepper flavored donut. That's gonna go over big here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, true, doctor Pepper. Anything goes over bag. It's just like, did you see conglomerate? Conglomerate.
Speaker 2: There's a video on the Rod Ryan Show Instagram right now, And when I put it up late last night, seventy dogs were saved from a kill shelter and they were brought up to Buffalo, New York. If you want to see the off boarding of these dogs, sound on. I'm telling you right now, it's amazing video. Okay a minute, I'm in seventy dogs were slated to be killed. When you see the dogs in the cages, and what how precious these dogs are, you'll freak out thinking that that was going to be their fate. And they were delivered to Buffalo yesterday, but two days ago, two days ago. Pretty cool story.
Speaker 5: Stay to your pets, folks, Take care of.
Speaker 2: Juan a j Good morning.
Speaker 22: Show.
Speaker 2: All right, AJA, talk about yourself a little bit. How did you get here into the Sweet sixteen? Tell me about your first matchup in the brackets?
Speaker 1: Dumb luck?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 19: The other guy beat me on the draw, but he got the band right, the song wrong. It was Nickelback and.
Speaker 8: He got the wrong song.
Speaker 2: Rock Star, he said, photographed. I remember that game. I remember that game, all right. So AJ, you backed your way into the Sweet sixteen. That's okay, that's all right. What about Patrick here? Patrick's playing for Keema. Patrick's Welcome to the Sweet sixteen? Bro, how did you get here?
Speaker 19: I beat my guy, but you picked my favorite one of my favorite.
Speaker 2: Songs, so it was easy. I don't pick anything. This is Alex. This is all a put When the song plays, you know what it is. But this is the truth because he doesn't label it either when the song plays. Patrick, I'm playing with you, guys, and I stink at this game. Okay, I stink at this game. I'm thinking third I blind sounds like pod. I'm like, what the hell's going on here? Is that spin doctors? Or is that rage against the machine? I can't tell the difference. Guys. No matter how you got here, you are here. I need you to seize the day. You got three and a half minutes to get your mind right and start thinking about advancing into the grade eight of the suburb of Summer Sissler. Brought to us by Shell Federal Credit Union. Sit tight, boys, Welcome.
Speaker 3: Back to school.
Speaker 2: Which of you zombie stoners took my purse? My cats Inhaler is in there?
Speaker 14: The Ron Ryan Show, Good Morning on ninety four or five us.
Speaker 2: That band Brenton Zach from Shindown will be performing live at The Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party October twelfth, Carbock Brewery. You have to win your way in. It is all ages. Somebody was asking about times. They must be one of the lucky ones that have tickets already. Doors are going to open at three o'clock. Music's gonna end by nine. Every last person is out the door, I think at ten. So if you want to do an after party or go to something afterwards, or just not want to make it a fairly or decent mean, it's just gonna be an all day. It's I mean, starting drinking at three o'clock. Just think about that. You don't need to be there longer than ten o'clock. You just do not need to be there one at at ten o'clock. Okay, chances to win your way in Still, Jeremy's got a pair of tickets. I know that for sure. I have a pair of tickets. We're gonna give those away on Know the show. We'll do that at seven, I'm sorry, at around nine fifty we'll ask a question about today's probe. All right, let's go. Let's bring these guys back on. They've had three and a half minutes to think about it. Patrick, good morning, what's up? You are one game away from the Grade eight, which puts you one game away from the Final four. Final four people get two hundred and fifty dollars cash and tickets to the party. I was just talking about, are you in on all that?
Speaker 19: You know that?
Speaker 1: Hell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it seems like you guys all got word on that. Aj, same for you, dude. Couple wins away from winning cash and being invited to the hottest ticket the hottest party in town. Okay, rock and roll. That's rock and roll. That's nothing else needs to be said, Just Alex, whatever song you have chosen today, I'm playing along with Patrick and AJ. I'm playing for the Heights. Patrick is playing for Keema. AJ is playing for Spring Branch. The only difference is I cannot shout out my name. I already have tickets, all right when show Federal Credit Union. When I approached them with this, They're like, yeah, give them money to the listeners. That's it. So somebody's gonna five thousand dollars when this whole thing's done. Patrick, you ready, yes, sir, AJ, you ready?
Speaker 1: Ready?
Speaker 2: Shout out your name when you think you know the song title and the band. As soon as I call out your name, you have three seconds to give me both of those pieces of information. Good luck, boys, Patrick, Patrick.
Speaker 19: Prick Awell and Nation sale yep.
Speaker 16: To a name.
Speaker 4: Really, isn't that nice when they just get it? When they just guess the band and the song. Doesn't that make your life easier?
Speaker 2: Guys? Patrick said his name first, I said Patrick, and then AJ said his name. AJ you knew it? Huh yeah?
Speaker 8: Patrick quick?
Speaker 25: He was crazy quick on that girl friends too, comedians going to the next We've got a couple of sinbads here today, Alex and Patrick.
Speaker 2: Okay, a bunch of comedians.
Speaker 5: People like that, people like funny spring Branch.
Speaker 2: Really, this is the best you had, Branch. Aj AJ, have a great weekend. Thank god, thank you. I like that, he said, good luck, Patrick, Thanks for that's the way you should do it. Patrick. You're in the Great eight, my man. Congratulations, dude, and listen, you don't have long. You'll be playing a game with us very very soon. Okay, Great Grade eight matchups await us when we get back from this weekend. I can't wait. Thank you. Shall Federal Credit Union, The Run Right Show celebrating twenty years ninety four or five of the Buzz All right, come on, come on now ninety four five The Buzz, White Strikes and seven Nation Army rob Ryan Show. Free Beer Friday. We got one case of beer left. We'll give that to you straight up at nine o'clock. Give away the beer flip the phones go to you, Open Phones Friday. What do you want to talk about? Just about anything goes for that hour plus a chance to one a thousand dollars in the iHeartRadio Music Festival, a trip to that. Can we just add the weekend? Did I hear that correctly? Ooh, I'm blond by the lines? I think I heard that. Yeah, So we're gonna give you a chance to text to win. Man. This thing keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger. We'll have that opportunity closer to around nine ten. We leave you with rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary party tickets. I don't know what kind of trend it is. I haven't seen one yet. The problem is when you see one, if you stop and look even to complain about it, that means they're going to Your feed's going to be full of it. Has anyone seen a picture of somebody staging properly placing all of their carry on items in the airport? Tsa trace.
Speaker 5: Like their security?
Speaker 2: Yes, the gray trays that you just throw your stinky sneakers. Me my belt and I have pre TSA, preapproved, so pre check. So but we were talking about the same thing, right, No that no, no, no, no, no influences, influencers.
Speaker 5: I would knock someone out if they.
Speaker 2: Are taking staged artistic photos of their TSA trays while going through airport security. Stop taking the time to carefully and neatly arrange all of their belongings in those gray tubs and then putting that out there. That is apparently a trend. The fact that I'm talking about it.
Speaker 5: My phone's hearing me right right, so is mine. I'm hearing you.
Speaker 2: I have examples on links and guests today of this. So for instance, here's one tray and it's a perfectly placed it's girl's hands on the tray. It's girl's hands on the tray. I'm just saying, it's a perfectly placed water bottle, two neatly placed phones, a Yankees cap, a banana clip for their hair, their past, and that's the picture. It's an above artsy picture. You better not be doing this beforehand. But if you take your tray after you've gone through screening and then take the time, fine, if you're doing it before. What is the point of this?
Speaker 4: Like this is the new you know how people take a picture of the plane wing?
Speaker 5: Yes, this is like is this the new plane wing?
Speaker 2: Like I'm traveling with me, I'm traveling. You're bragging that you're traveling.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well that's all I need to know. I'm out on this. I'm out on this.
Speaker 2: I don't need another distraction on an already cumbersome process.
Speaker 5: That's wild.
Speaker 2: I really don't If one of you is doing this beforehand and slowing up.
Speaker 4: The line, why would you want to do this at that time? That is such a little stressful. That's like the stress before you get through, Like that is everyone's like, oh my god, did I accidentally pack a gun? Like did I drinkle by water bot? That's already a very stressful area of the airport.
Speaker 2: I don't know why you would want to capture that in a moment.
Speaker 4: Yes, our phone's even allowed in that area, Like you're not supposed to have your phone out.
Speaker 5: That's like a security violation.
Speaker 4: Oh, you're right, you're not supposed to have your phone out right there, and it's supposed to be.
Speaker 2: In The TSA has talked about it. They say as long as the staged glamour photos are not causing delays with other passengers in the checkpoint, there are no issues.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, if.
Speaker 4: It's an aesthetic picture, it's gonna take time, so they need to knock it off.
Speaker 2: But they must not again, this is the TSA. You must be able to take a picture right there before you go through, before you put your stuff through the scanner.
Speaker 5: I like it, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it. I'm gonna stop talking about it because i don't want to see these pictures because I'm outraged at everyone that I've seen so far of us Rock and al tear Ryan Morning Shows. Welcome back rod Ryan's Show. All right, we're getting set up for the fourth and final case of beer to give to you free beer. Fright, thank you Specs. Then we turn over the phones. It becomes your show even more so than it already is. Open phones Friday, We'll leave you with Rod Ryan Show twentyth the Diniversary party tickets, and then I think Jeremy out of the Gate's going to play that blink onin eighty two song for you, So you kind of got your next hour planned out with us. Don't leave a seventy percent chance of rain coming this afternoon eleven twelve one o'clock seems to be the best window for rain to be appearing today, five ninety two Tessa one final time Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: So TMZ this morning is acknowledging that they got it wrong when they were reporting that Beyonce would be performing on the final night of the DNC, the Democratic National Convention.
Speaker 2: Did they say specifically what kind of intel they had did they find? You know, even Beyonce, I'm sure she loves Kamala Harris, she would have a rider, there would be a signed thing, there would be something. Did they have something concrete that they felt they were okay to go with that information?
Speaker 4: The site says they were just forced to admit that they got this one wrong. So I don't have an any further details on that. I just know that they're like them acknowledging, like we got this one wrong. Is them walking it back? I don't have any other details right now in front of me, but I can dig I could probably dig.
Speaker 2: Me up if there wasn't a Beyonce tour truck behind the convention center, you know, like what did they go on and that where they said probably probably a source of probably a source that they trusted.
Speaker 5: Enough to go with.
Speaker 3: That's mess.
Speaker 2: But you're never trusting that person again, Oh never, never.
Speaker 4: If you but if you have someone who steadily feeds you a little bit of information and they're always getting it right, you know why. And TMZ has a thing where they are usually first.
Speaker 2: What if Kelly Rowland told him that just to throw them off the scent, just to piss them off. It's probably Michelle.
Speaker 5: There's probably Michelle not Obama of Destiny Show.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: So so yeah, so that was like the big story last night.
Speaker 4: Kamala Harris accepted the Democratic Party's nomination for president. Meanwhile, former President Trump was blasting her on True Social during her speech. He was just doing like a string of posts last night and uh yeah, he's like three and a half years and has done nothing but harm talking about Harris. So he also went on Fox News later and yeah, a lot of back and forth.
Speaker 5: It's it's political news.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Also, it's been nearly two months since Texas Governor Greg Abbot has sent a busload of illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities.
Speaker 5: A spokesperson for Abbot.
Speaker 4: Abbot attributes fewer busloads to fewer illegal border crossings. The spokesperson said illegal crossings are down eighty five percent since the start of the Governor's Operation Lone Star Border Security Initiative. State Fair Season means husband calling is back. If you've never seen a husband calling contest, you're missing out. It is musty TV. It's like cow calling or hog calling, but it's wives pretending to call their husbands in from the other room or like from out in the fields. Because you know this is this is something that is before cell phones were a thing, so all you had was your voice, Lisa, let's hear some competitors.
Speaker 2: Is that miss Christina calling Chilian for from the from his bedroom, from from his blue Blood's layer? Hang on, let's I think this is miss Christina?
Speaker 20: Hear something else? One found out what it is?
Speaker 2: They're calling their husbands this way? Yes, I like that. Wake up up? Why now you know why no one's getting married? If that's how is that how whites are calling their husbands to the to the house.
Speaker 5: You solved it, You solved it.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about movies, because the Crow hits theaters today and the director of this new crow says it's not a remake, it's a reimagining.
Speaker 5: His name is Rupert Sanders.
Speaker 4: He's also directed Snow White and the Huntsman and Ghost in the Shell.
Speaker 5: He says, I think it would be great for people just to know this is wildly different from the original.
Speaker 4: The original is still there, but I hope this movie resonates with people that loved the Crow when they were in their teens. He says, this is his version of that and his at of the graphic novel, which he loved.
Speaker 2: That scares me. What he just said absolutely terrifies me. I'm somebody that loves the Crow. You're telling me that you can do whatever you want. You're just using that bird and the guy's death, and then you're gonna just do whatever you want. I like that he's going off the book. I don't. I don't do a remake. Man have the balls to try to update it.
Speaker 4: The ninety four original that Rod's talking about star Bruce Lee's son Brandon, who sadly died during production after being shot by a prop gun while filming one of his final scenes.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't know. I don't like those director comments at all.
Speaker 4: Speaking of final scenes, the final song, Eddie and Alex van Halen worked on together as being released, but there is a catch. You have to buy Alex's upcoming autobiography to hear it. The book is called Brothers. It comes out October twenty second. The song, which is just titled Unfinished, will be on the audiobook version. Alex calls the book my tribute to my brother, my way of saying goodbye and I love you, I miss you. When I see you again, I'm going to kick your ass. Those are Houston sad lines.
Speaker 2: Anybody need anything from Chile? He'll be hashtag every twenty minutes? All right, what's going on his voice?
Speaker 5: The Astros gotta win.
Speaker 6: Last night they shout out the Ools six to nothing.
Speaker 5: It was their sixty ninth win of the season, which is pretty nice. We're gonna play the Ools a game tonight.
Speaker 6: Hunter Brown is gonna be in the mount for the Strows, going up against Baltimore's k Povich. First pitches at six oh five, and you can listen to the game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety and Football at Texans are gonna wrap up the preseason tomorrow when they host the Rams at Energy Stadium. Don't expect to see many if any starters in this game. Kickoff is gonna be at noon. You can watch it here locally on ABC thirteen. College football also kicks off this weekend. We got some week zero games. Florida State plays Georgia Tech in Dublin, Ireland, tomorrow at eleven am.
Speaker 2: Question, Yes, what is week zero? Elex.
Speaker 5: It's just like, here's football, but it's not week one.
Speaker 2: So these are these teams know that they stink, and they're just they're getting a head start on everybody.
Speaker 6: And you will have buys like later on throughout the year to kind of make make up for this game they played.
Speaker 2: What are these games? It's just that nobody normally will watch. In Georgia Tech, people watch, okay, and then some people. I guess if you want to watch st you could watch SMU.
Speaker 6: I watch Hawaii religiously, just because you always catch up on bedlock.
Speaker 2: Hey to be so spinal tap. But why don't we just call this week one and then the last week we'll add a number to that week. I don't make rules. I'm just reading what they call week their zero.
Speaker 6: Okay, but yeah, you got college football on so just it's a little little appetizer for the regular season.
Speaker 2: This goes to eleven.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 6: In soccer using DOFC returns to the pitch tomorrow night. They'll host Toronto Fctl Energy Stadium. That's gonna kick off at seven thirty and you can watch it on Apple TV. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 9: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and The Rock Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 20: Fay you got a free Bam.
Speaker 3: Friday, Pretty bare.
Speaker 7: Friday, Right Bam Friday, Right Friday, Bare Friday.
Speaker 2: All right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? This is Cody? Call her number ten? Mom?
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 2: Right? Beer is what's going on? Cody? You're the fourth and final beer winner today on the show. Thank you to our friend Specs. We got cases of beer every hour. And where are you from? I am actually on Tomball. That's where you live. Yeah, there, cool you What do you do out there in Tomball? Out in Tomball? Well and Tomball, I just live, but I work out in the heights that you failed.
Speaker 1: But yeah, man, this is I think my fourth time to win Beer's pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: It seems to be kind of the thing right now. It's like it's the very end thing is when you win something like all the time. Do you know people give us the give us the winning resume. You know what you've done?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Four beer wins for Cody. Congratulations, dude, thanks for being a part of the show. Man. Have a great weekend. Appreciate it, man, I appreciate you, all right. That's Cody. Four time beer winner twenty years. Once every five years, Cody gets a case of beer. Yes, quick, math, That's how I do math on the show. Real quick. Okay, let's let Chili turn these phones around. If you want to get in for open Phones Friday right now, I've got lines open at seven one, three, two five. Ground rules not many. Just be quick, get in, get out. Nobody needs the www on your website. Phone numbers are tough. If you want to give it out, you're better off giving us your Facebook page or your Instagram. If you've got some spaghetti dinner benefiting something this weekend, you know, stuff like that. Uh, just get in and get out. But whatever it is you want to talk about, I want to talk about it with you. I really really do so. Seven one three, two one two five nine four five. I think we have a guy we pay for that Open phones for Friday Open phones for Hoday, more like open phones Friday? Yay, Okay, what do you got.
Speaker 3: For with chili?
Speaker 1: At Chilli?
Speaker 2: Are the phones not working? Good morning Rob Ryan's show. Who's this?
Speaker 16: This is Emilio.
Speaker 2: Hi, Emelio. How are you?
Speaker 8: How?
Speaker 16: I'm doing good?
Speaker 2: Are you calling for open phones Friday? I am What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 15: I wanted to get back on I was on a first call of the day about last week, and I wanted to get back in and beat Rob and I wanted to go ahead and let you guys know that. Yeah, I'm excited whenever the kids are asking to blow the horn on my big truck.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he's an over your over the road truck driver. Somebody had asked after you got off the air with us, could you ask your truck driver for do they like it when they see kids doing that? And I could answer that one immediately because you and many other truckers have told me that you still get a kick out of that. It's something that we did when we were kids. That alone, seeing a child do something that we did, there's a connection there. It's like, Okay, we haven't lost yet, We're still somewhat connected. You know with everything else. Well, how the world has changed?
Speaker 15: Yes, definitely.
Speaker 2: Are you in the truck now?
Speaker 19: I am.
Speaker 2: I'm doing the thing. I'm doing the thing, bro, I'm doing the thing. Come on, come on, give me the whole.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Keep the rubber's side down. I think it's what you say here. Yeah, keep the rubber side down, David. You're next up on open phones.
Speaker 19: Good morning, Hey, run around, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday to you, my friend. What do you got today?
Speaker 19: You were talking about the TSA photos earlier and mentioned the fact that you were doing it out loud because the phone listens to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I I was worried about talking about it too much because I do believe that our phones are recording us right now. Of course they are. I have absolute proof, okay.
Speaker 19: That they listen to what we're doing.
Speaker 1: And they responded.
Speaker 19: My daughter, my daughter and new son in law got married last week and we did a little home ceremony with just family and the two newly weeds.
Speaker 2: Right not two hours.
Speaker 19: After we did that, my daughter gets a post via text on her phone that looks like the Social Security Administration saying, hey, we're glad you got married. You need to change your name, though I know they're listening.
Speaker 2: There was nothing else posted about this wedding or this marriage.
Speaker 16: Absolutely no.
Speaker 19: This was very quiet and subdued, and nobody knew other than maybe a couple of Facebook friends.
Speaker 2: And she had nothing public enough too. If she had looked up weddings, we may have known that as well. Correct.
Speaker 19: I wasn't wasn't posted as an act the wedding. It was literally mom, dad, daughter, and son in law.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't like it. In the same breath, David is saying, I believe you. I do, and this is I don't think this is conspiracy theory. I think this phone is recording us right now. I really do feel that I still don't have one of those Alexas in my home because I think that is because that is just flatterer saying, we're recording everything that's being said in this house right now, and I just I don't have it. I don't have like one of the little mini echoes, or I don't have any of those. You have three, Yeah, in a one bedroom apartment. Yeah, where are they?
Speaker 5: One of the kitchen, one of the bedroom, one in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Okay, And what do you use it for? What's the most.
Speaker 5: Useful alarm timer and music.
Speaker 2: And you say, alexis set a timer for this? Yeah, okay, in.
Speaker 5: My alarms that's what wakes me up in the morning.
Speaker 2: And they're content, and you're cool with that. I mean many millions of people are cool with it.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm not cool with them listening, but I'm cool with like just being convenient and like asking you questions.
Speaker 5: How long do you cook this? What is this actor? What movie?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 5: Just it's like a Google, It's like a verbal Google available.
Speaker 2: All right, bro, thanks for the call. Man. It's open phones Friday. That's another line open seven one three, two, two, nine four five. What do you want to talk about? How do you want to get us? How do you want to get his role in today? Before we turn you loose for the weekend? Just about anything goes for that for that. For that Open Phones call seven one three two, win two five nine four five chilies many four or five of the Buzz. Welcome back Rod Ryan's show. Let's throw it over to the kid Online Kid's Alex Online ninety four five the muss all right, it better be good. I got a lot of people waiting to get on this show here.
Speaker 6: Today day, Well, you're gonna be looking at some nineties couples and trying to remember if these couples were actual couples or if they're just made up celebrities.
Speaker 2: Celebrities. Okay, Matthew Perry and Julia Roberts. Oh, I don't know who Matthew Perry dated. I don't know anything about him.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that being in the news cycle. Okay, said they were dated. No, I would say they dated because they were both popular.
Speaker 6: Saying, no, they did date nineteen ninety ninety six for about a six month period.
Speaker 22: Wow, Sandra Bullock and Matthew McConaughey, for sure, I don't think they did know they did date. They for sure they did from ninety six to ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Of course they did.
Speaker 5: So there's not too many more. I don't want to ruin too much of it, but go check it out.
Speaker 6: See if you can correctly guest these celebrity couples of the world famous Radbyn show.
Speaker 2: Page at themUS dot com. All right, good one, you're in luck, it's open phones Friday. Looks like Mikey p is next up. He went to the STP show. Good Morning, What's going on? Rod, Ryans Show family, How we doing doing great?
Speaker 20: Man?
Speaker 2: I uh, I had to give away my tickets to that show. I had the kid last night, so I'm the wonder I couldn't find you. I couldn't make it out there. Tell me how what are you miss? One hell of a show here it comes. I mean Jeff Good, he did, Scott Wiland justice. Yeah, they did all the hits, they played all of Purple and they played four songs off a core. So some guy emailed and wouldn't shut up about how great live was. Tell me Ed Kowalchi can still sing?
Speaker 16: Huh oh, yes he can.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I heard that their set was really good. Did you did you get there early enough for Soul Asylum the solo song?
Speaker 19: That they were decent?
Speaker 2: Okay, decent. It's not exactly glowing endorsement. Okay. Now that the show's over, you're looking around behind you or wherever. I don't know where you were. But was it half full? Was it three quarters full?
Speaker 3: Another drag?
Speaker 2: But I was down on the pity. I kept looking behind me and it was fool I'm not sure how many people in the lawn, but.
Speaker 3: There was full.
Speaker 2: Seats were full packed? Yeah, okay, the lawn looked like it was full long, looked pretty full. Yeah, okay, well all right, that's a great review. Mikey P. I know you just wanted to rub it in my face. But what do you do? You know, kid, this so happened to you for the rest of your life, Alex. Yeah, damn kid, uh my life.
Speaker 5: That's the other ha.
Speaker 2: Who's going on vacation here in Niagara Falls? Good morning?
Speaker 3: Who is this?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 16: This is Vance.
Speaker 2: Hi Vince. What do you got for us? Are you really going to Niagara Falls for vacation?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, and I'm going over the road truck driver myself and listen to you guys on the igh.
Speaker 16: Heeart this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, that's great. Oh yeah, you're in the truck now, Yes, sir, I am okay. So I know how this phone calls. I know how this phone call is gonna end. But let's still talk here. When you go in to see the falls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me and my wonderful wife are celebrating our thirty fifth anniversary and we're flying up Sunday and gonna go check out the falls Monday. And I had emailed you emailed me back some places to check out while.
Speaker 2: We're in Buffalo. Oh yeah, absolutely big, thanks for that. Where are you staying? I can tell you this downtown Niagara Falls. I love this country of ours, and I am an American. I love this country of ours. And you'll you'll back this up when you come back. The city of Niagara Falls, New York. It is the dumpiest, the most depressed, the worst looking city ever. Like, I don't know what went wrong. It is horrible. Okay, you don't even want to stay there. Stay on the Canadian side.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Actually we're staying in a B and B up on the lake just north of Niagara.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: But we're gonna come down do the fall, spend the day in Buffalo, make a trip over into Canada. The wife wants to go see a vineyard there, so oh nice. She put over me for thirty five years, so I'll give her.
Speaker 19: Whatever she wants.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you take Queen Elizabeth Boulevard, the QWEW. Okay, no, it will okay, you take the QEW and then boom you go to Niagara on the Lake and on your way you're gonna pass about twenty five vineyards. Beautiful country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's got it all picked out.
Speaker 2: Man, she's a planner, got it, Queen Elizabeth Way, he knows it well?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Hey, happy anniversary man, that's awesome. He Keith Keith is next up? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 6: R up?
Speaker 2: Dude, welcome in on open phones Friday. What do you want to talk about?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 26: Man, I had a summer jam for you. I don't think you've officially picked one, and we're coming to the end of summer.
Speaker 2: So okay.
Speaker 26: I had emailed you a couple of times about a song that I haven't heard on the Buzz yet and what is It's falling in reverse All my Life and it's feature in jelly Roll.
Speaker 2: I don't how they love to play jelly roll? Yeah, because are they playing next Friday?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I have no idea it's your band.
Speaker 26: I heard the song. I heard the song and I liked it, And honestly, I went up to Burlington, Vermont, and uh, there was another radio station, rock station ninety nine nine the Buzz, and I heard it on the radio and I when I got back, I was like, man, I gotta I gotta tell right about it again because obviously it's being played.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's called All My Life? Right, Yes, Okay, let's take a listen here, stay there, don't move.
Speaker 3: Ye up and high and low opens.
Speaker 13: Searching for my love, wrong places word up the breeches recutation.
Speaker 16: Yeah true, okay, was true.
Speaker 1: Oh I know this.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. You're right, dude. It's a summer bo you know what, Heath, You're one hundred percent right. This is a really, really good song. It's a great song.
Speaker 4: It's hard to row me in with the talking singing in the beginning and the accent, but the beat is good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good job here on that one, Heath. That's another line open for open phones, Friday Man seven one three two one two five nine four five Keeping coming, rod Ryan Show Empire completed ninety four or five. The bus Papa Roach and killed the noise. Rod Ryan shop on an open phones Friday. I get to your phone calls in just a second. You know that guy just called in and he talked about Rod. You never really like declared a summer jam. You're not wrong, dude. I don't know that. I don't even think collectively we did. We just but it always it usually happens organically, and there's been some songs that we've all liked. But you're right, I'm the d L. Can I tell you? Can I share something with this? Can I share something with us? The class is listening. This is my summer jams, and we just don't play it. When I went home for a vacation for summer vacation, I listened to my old radio station. They were playing this in a pretty heavy rotation and they are similar. They rock like we do here.
Speaker 5: Okaya, Oh I love this.
Speaker 8: This is good.
Speaker 2: Murder on the dance Floor, This is great. You know where you've heard this song before? What movie? Or oh, oh my gosh. Yet it's a naked scene. It's the closing scene.
Speaker 4: In the most disturbing the most disturbing movie.
Speaker 2: But it's the original. I think that he's dancing to. It's the closing scene with the guy's ding dong out and he's just dancing through the mansion. It's this song, guys.
Speaker 5: It's not like a flash of a flash.
Speaker 2: It is like an.
Speaker 4: Extended version nude scene.
Speaker 2: So just if you're listening, this is royal otis their cover of Murder on the Dance Floor. And Wizard said, yeah, they were pushing it to alternative. He said, it's not for us. I said, okay, you know, I trust him. I just love the song. It's my summer jam. Just privately, I don't share that with you.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm glad you shared that. This is a great one.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a great song. All right, let's go back to the fons here. It's Open Phones Friday. Pete has been on hold the longest I think.
Speaker 3: Hi Pete, Hey, hello brother, good morning, good morning to you.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Open Phones Friday. What do you got.
Speaker 26: Bu'sfest?
Speaker 27: I was gonna ask you, if we do get another one, which number would we be on?
Speaker 2: Because I can't find the information anywhere?
Speaker 8: And have you heard anything?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know we didn't get one in the beginning of this year.
Speaker 19: I mean, have you heard anything.
Speaker 2: I've heard nothing. I've heard radio silence. I know that's not the answer you want. And then moving forward on the number thing, I think they decided to stop numbering them just because it made us sound old. I really, I really, do you know that's like a classic rock thing. I didn't even know if they were gonna let me celebrate twenty years. I don't know if they wanted to run around talking about twenty years of me being on the station. A classic rock thing to do is talk about how many years you've been servicing that city. Yeah, you know, you're classic rock. You've been here for thirty years, and blah blah blah blah blah. Buzzfest. I think they felt started to sound old with the number attached to it. That's my thinking. That's what I think happened. And then as far as Buzzfest, I get asked about it every time I do, and Uh, the short answer is bands are out on tour. Back when we were doing Buzzfest, bands weren't out as often as they are right now, bands are constantly touring and we can't seem to get them to come to them here and wrangle them in. They're all routed, they're all out and doing things. So it's just it's a different world. It's a different landscape. And you know, I'm hoping, in what my hopes were, the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party was going to like take people's mind off of it a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, it could be like a mini buzz Vest, but it's also a twentieth anniversary celebration, and you know, you've got great acts that are going to be performing.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to say that we're never going to do another one, Pete, but I'm not in control of that. But it's just a different it's a different landscape out there, you know. So I don't know what number, but it's in the thirties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what I was thinking. So and the same thing what you said about everybody touring, that's probably what it is.
Speaker 2: By the way, Rod, this is Sneaky Peak.
Speaker 21: Just so you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is Sneaky Pete, the guy that like wormed his way into the suburb of Summer Setsler.
Speaker 27: Correct.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's just so many scoundrels.
Speaker 2: He's in the Great eight Show. Did you look on the brackets? Have Chiley told you? What are you playing next? Alvin? Sneaky Pete from Alvin?
Speaker 20: Uh?
Speaker 8: Playing clear Lake. I just don't know the date yet.
Speaker 2: Out your playing. You don't know when you're playing though it's next week? I think, no, yeah, it's next week, but I don't know the date yet. Okay, Sneaky Pete, thank you man, have a great weekend. Former intern Michelle, Good morning Michelle, How are you?
Speaker 8: Good morning, Bock?
Speaker 1: How are you now?
Speaker 2: Listen? You've already hit me up for tickets to the twentieth What are you trying to do? Part of everybody? You want to do it like right on the air to embarrass me.
Speaker 8: You know, I never asked you for anything.
Speaker 3: You don't you.
Speaker 2: Don't, but I said, of course, I'm going to get you into the twentieth anniversary party. Interned on this show and people that have been on this show, most everybody that's been on the show will be invited, most everybody.
Speaker 8: Grateful. I'm really grateful that you did that. I actually cried a little bit when you told me because he thought about me that way.
Speaker 2: Of course, So I'm very grateful.
Speaker 8: Thank you still much.
Speaker 2: What was the old What was one of the emails that you sent me recently? You said there was an old game that we haven't played in a while.
Speaker 21: What was it?
Speaker 2: Because I thought I thought it was a good idea.
Speaker 8: One a recent one I thought was people should work for, you know, because I had to work my.
Speaker 2: Butt off it hit the post, Hit the post, you like And one of the.
Speaker 8: One of the older ones you used to do and always way back, it's when Travis was on the show and you made him do so many horrible things.
Speaker 2: You made him he had to take a word count.
Speaker 8: I believe it was between I think it was around eighty words. And you have a listener to call in, and he had to guess if he was going to how many words he was going to get in a row. No mistake to Foo Fighters ever long.
Speaker 2: I gave him the lyrics to a song and I said, go away for five minutes, memorize what you can hand, and then I'm going to have you come on and you have to sing, and you'll sing until you screw up. And people would guess how many words he would get until here up. It actually was a really really funny game.
Speaker 8: It was, and I thought that was something, you know, I want to hear Chesta.
Speaker 1: Chili.
Speaker 8: I would love to hear chili.
Speaker 6: Go at it.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you for calling Michelle, you too. No, I don't want to sing.
Speaker 2: She doesn't want to.
Speaker 5: He likes to sing. He's the singer on the show Michelle Love You. He's great. He's so funny.
Speaker 2: That is a great idea. Though I forgot about that game.
Speaker 6: I think we did it.
Speaker 2: We may have done it a Christmas version of it, too, Okay.
Speaker 27: Jingle bells, jingle bells, make me say, is this Tim on the phone, Tim at Mike out.
Speaker 2: You've had three surgeries this summer. One of them was a knee replacement, one of those where they were blasting the arteries in your heart, and the other one was some toe jam thing. Is it my right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 24: I had a knee replacement in June, herd Oblasian, I had my heart ablasion in July, and this past Wednesday had a bunyan removed.
Speaker 16: Mike left.
Speaker 5: How did you get that bunyon?
Speaker 21: Bro?
Speaker 2: I mean, just you want to just get a Is there anything else on your hit list?
Speaker 24: I don't know about a half day. I haven't done before September one, when my insurance turns over.
Speaker 2: Jesus Christ. I mean, Tim, it's one thing to get it.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 2: Tim's one of our great listeners. He's been playing the fresh out of bed head to head. He's been around forever. You get you get a picture of one of our listeners on a hospital bed, You're like, okay, you get one of those. Three weeks later he sends me another one, and then like four weeks later he sends me another one. Like what are you doing dude? You like the six million dollar man.
Speaker 24: That's what it feels like, right, about now. I think my wife's about ready to trade me in for a new model.
Speaker 2: All right, well are you I mean this bunyan thing that you just had done? Can you get up and hop around right after that? Or you gotta wait? Are you like tenderfoot?
Speaker 20: Now?
Speaker 24: I gotta be off of it for about two weeks. But it's my right knee was replaced and this is on my left foot. So I'm just trying to learn how to walk again.
Speaker 5: Walk on your hands, bro.
Speaker 2: God's a funny guy, man, let me tell you. And this is who we're talking to.
Speaker 9: I watched the name.
Speaker 11: You'll know that.
Speaker 16: Some call me Tim.
Speaker 2: That's Tim, all right, Tim? Heal up, man. That's enough with surgeries for you. Heather, Good morning, Hey, good morning. What you got for us? Welcome to open phones?
Speaker 10: Oh thank you man. I have been trying to be the first phone caller, probably for about two weeks now. So there's a couple of things I was wanting to talk to you about. But one thing is I had a chance to go to kingsleyon last week and I didn't check my freaking emails. I didn't even know I won. And I read my email on Tuesday and I was like, oh my god, wait.
Speaker 2: A minute, wait, wait, wait wait, who did you win from.
Speaker 10: From y'all through the Uh you know how you go on the website and you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a yeah, there's opportunities, there's a there's a page. There's a page on our website. It's just not even hidden. It's like here, there's a bunch of contests online. People win that stuff all the time because nobody thinks about to go to it. So you're telling me that we notified you that you had Kings of Leon tickets waiting for you, and you didn't take advantage of them.
Speaker 10: No, my bonehead self didn't even check my freaking email.
Speaker 22: I know, I know.
Speaker 10: I am looking forward to that Creed concert.
Speaker 2: So did you win tickets to the sold out show?
Speaker 25: Oh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, A long time ago. Probably the Peace Challenge is when I won those?
Speaker 2: Quite check your email? All right, all right, I gotta I gotta go. But somebody is chiming in with us. Remember when Shay called and Shae was the one that was using public transportation.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the bus, and and I offered Shay.
Speaker 2: I said, Shay, if you can get if you call me from your public transportation, if you can get that whole bus to sing with you. I would give you tickets to the twentieth anniversary show. I never heard from Shaye again. Chae's on the phone right now. Share you been?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 1: I mean I was on the peep show. I've been watching the peep Show for few days?
Speaker 3: Have you been?
Speaker 2: Are you still taking because isn't your car broke? And you've been taking the bus yep? Okay? Are you still taking the bus YEP? Are you going to accept my challenge to get that whole bus to sing in Unison to win tickets? Oh?
Speaker 16: Yeah, I accept.
Speaker 2: When is this happening, Shay? Next week?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 16: No, about in a few seconds? I go right now?
Speaker 2: Oh I can't do it right now, Shaye? I'm sorry? Is this when you're normally on the bus? I got I've got it. I'm up against the break right now, and I gotta do you know the show video if she gets the whole bush? Yeah, okay, do what I'm video.
Speaker 5: You have to have like a video of you in the front of the bus or the back of the bus.
Speaker 2: Be id get the whole bus in Okay. I didn't know that you wanted to do this right now? Is this one you're normally taking the bus. Are you not on the bus at seven or eight o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, that's like really early, probably eight o'clock.
Speaker 3: It so early.
Speaker 2: All right, Shay, Chillie talk to her and see if she can do it earlier. I still will honor it. I just can't do it right now, though. I gotta take a break. I gotta take a break, Shay, thank you. Don't forget about us. I want to get this. I want to make this happen. I think it'll be funny. What are you giving away? I know the show.
Speaker 4: I haven't left a pair of passes to The rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, very good. Let's take a break. We'll come back and we'll have a question for you. Rock and Alternative, The.
Speaker 21: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five, The Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Wrapping Up Free Beer Friday, wrapping up Open Phones Friday, Wrapping Up Fanny Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday two He for Nother Show. Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party Tickets Saturday, October twelve, Carbock Brewery. You must win your way in. Okay, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Well, we talked about what people found to be their biggest x for online dating. We named some things, but there was one that really I feel like you were very passionate about. And if someone can tell me what that is, then they'll go to your twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 2: The trickery.
Speaker 5: I don't want to give any hints.
Speaker 2: Okay, no hints. Seven one, three, two, one two, five nine five'll come to.
Speaker 3: The news school year.
Speaker 5: You may not bring your own ingredients to science class.
Speaker 2: This isn't breaking bad.
Speaker 14: The Ron Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 2: All, the Git thre through ninety four to five, The Bus, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Can't Stop Rod Ryan Show. Getting ready to stop it down for this week before we give away a huge huge ticket a parent tickets. There is a seventy percent chance of some thunderstorms coming later on this afternoon. Your best chance is between eleven and twelve and one o'clock. Hi's today. Of around ninety two, I've seen nothing about a twenty percent chance of rain for Saturday and Sunday weekend. Looking pretty good, still gonna be warm outside, but I don't know that. I think we might be able to get away from those heat advisories cool off just a little bit this weekend. All right, hit it.
Speaker 14: He's now time for Know this show on ninety four to five.
Speaker 2: La La la la la La La la la la la la la la la la. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 2: This is one day, Linda, Welcome to the show. How are you coming?
Speaker 16: How are you guys?
Speaker 2: I'm clapping for you already. I'm so happy because I think you're gonna get it right. I'm clapping for you. I hope you get it right. I want you at the party. Okay, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: So we talked about online dating and the biggest x that people have.
Speaker 5: We listed some, we listened a few of them.
Speaker 4: But Rod was really passionate about this one thing.
Speaker 5: Can you tell me what I'm talking about?
Speaker 10: But yeah, he didn't like the filters on the pictures.
Speaker 2: Okay, you guys got a back off the filters. Guy's got a back all on the filters. It's it's silly again, like the long eyebrows. I don't do it for you, Rod, I put the filter on for me. Lashes lashes. What do I say? Eyebrows? Eyebrow, but the long eyelashes, it's like I do it for me, they're not for you. Okay, all right, great, Linda, he just won. What are you giving her?
Speaker 4: Listen, Linda, you're going to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. You're gonna be there at carbok October twelve because.
Speaker 5: Youve got a para passes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you guys so much.
Speaker 8: I've been trying forever with everybody on the show, all day long.
Speaker 20: Everything that is so awesome.
Speaker 2: All right, congratulations. I can't wait to see at that party. We will party hard.
Speaker 20: Linda.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, okay, let that play.
Speaker 13: Okay, all right, now I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell. Baby, I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cow bell.
Speaker 2: Hey, lover boys in town. They're opening up for Sammy Haggart tonight at the Woodlands. I know well ask Greg will probably be there. Oh that's gonna be a great show.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Abby came back into our lives this morning. She booted Kevin from the game. She's gonna go for win number two to avoid the one slam clam Monday morning. Okay, that's fresh out of bed, head to head, open phones. Great job as always, guys, Thank you Specs for the beer free beer Friday. Fanny Friday was the number one link today. Oh our poll question this morning? Did I just abandon that? I think I'll know that. I think I did. Friday's get busy going on? I mean I want to do a lot of stuff and then sometimes. Okay, the question today, if you won one million dollars in the lottery, would you quit your current job? Four hundred and thirty people voted on it. Seventy one percent of our audience said no, they would not quit winning a million dollars. Twenty eight percent like, Yep, I'm done out. I'm outy. I'm giving you a two day notice. I quit to day. Patrick from Keima beat AJ from Spring Branch. Monday is the Great eight. Seabrook takes on Rosenberg The Rod Ryan Show replay tomorrow morning from six until eight a m. There's a new Past the Gravy podcast that went up yesterday. What number are you on? Five seventy nine? Wow. Testa's on Houston Life today at one PM. Jeremy Benson, Big Jeremy Benson. I love him. He's gonna give away some tickets to the rod Ryan Shold twentieth anniversary party. He's gonna play Blink one eighty two, that new one right now. Okay, it's gonna play at one o'clock, four o'clock, at seven o'clock today, Alternative Income. He's got that NonStop nooner. He's got that. That's it. Guys, have an awesome weekend. Who's got six picks?
Speaker 9: Is it me?
Speaker 1: I know?
Speaker 2: Alex? Alex, Baby, Alex six picks baby?
Speaker 3: Awesome?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 21: Bro?
Speaker 6: Everyone's so excited at the end of the day going to a bunch of stuff like this weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm not doing it. Everyone is so excited at this moment right now on the show, and then as soon as they get called out for having six picks, you can just see their shoulders on the weekend.
Speaker 5: You're not doing anything so much this weekend and last week, Like I jang you that much?
Speaker 2: All right, gush, Alex is six picks on Monday. Have a great weekend?
Speaker 3: Af Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 11: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com