Speaker 1: You'll be go me bad. Hey everybody, welcome to game As Mornings with Me Jeff Grub, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about Randy Pitch for just jumping on a rake and how an old game was the best selling release last month. It's gonna be a good one because we have John Martin on the show. John, how are you doing.
Speaker 2: Jeff Grub, I'm doing fantastic. How are you doing this morning?
Speaker 1: Doing great? I'm glad we could get you on the show. We met at Pax. It was a good conversation. You witnessed me being dealt with by enforcers, as was my you know, as was my due of course. But I'm why don't you go ahead and introduce yourself to everybody? Let up, everyone know, like what you're up to, where they can find you on the internet and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So hi everyone, I'm John. I've been making videos in my spare time for over a decade, basically built a career path to work in video games, work in video game marketing.
Speaker 3: I've done that for a few years now.
Speaker 2: I'm by myself, but still have that passion for video games, and yeah, I'm excited to get it to the news.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we're gonna pop in here real soon. But yeah, how was your past did you enjoy it? Is that? Like, are you out on the East Coast? Was it easy to get to and everything for you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I'm in the Boston area, so I've been going to EFFECT every year since twenty twelve. Yeah, it was a good one. Definitely a different vibe this year. You can kind of tell that there were a lot there was a lot of vacant space and there weren't as many big titles in recent years, which is, you know, understandable for the state of everything. But no, I had a really good time. It's always fun to meet up with people you talk to online. It's always great to meet up with, you know, people you look up to, like you guys and thank Yeah, it's just a awesome opportunity to talk to developers and learn about what's going on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you spend any time in the like the press room, the media room, because that's like they have like a room there where media and journalists can work. And I used to spend a lot of time in there, and I haven't been in there in years, so it's just like, what's it like in there these days? But I know, did you go in there at all?
Speaker 2: I unfortunately didn't. I spent most of my time in the Packs arcade.
Speaker 1: Now that's no, that's a way better use of your time. Definitely do that. You know, I'm at a point with Packs where I don't know what I'm expecting from it in terms of video games. I think I got there and I was like, eh, you know, Nintendo's not showing off switch to here. Really, it's there's not much going on. That's fine. Packs is going to be able to do just like all right without that stuff because so many people come there just hang out with friends or do the events or play tabletop games. A huge tabletop section like always bigger than ever. But then I you know, I did see elden Ring Night Rain. They were like running demos for that or whatever. Maybe movie was a theater thing. I didn't go in there, but I just saw their little you know, conclid they had over there. I'm like, oh, yeah, I guess big games can just show up at Packs. Now, You're right, in the past, there's been many more of those and bigger ones and they had booths that were even bigger than this night Rain one, which was kind of small all things considered. But uh, at this point, I'm a little surprised when big games show up at packs because it's just it feels like one of these things where a lot of developers, especially internationally, are just like, oh, I don't know if we can make use of this, or we're kind of afraid of spending money traveling around the world showing off the games. So yeah, I don't know, packs doesn't necessarily need those games anymore, right, because it's just this community thing at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think a big push this year was featuring more local game developers from the Boston area, which is always that's cool to get like meet up with those people, see where they're based out of. There's there's a fair amount of big studios in the Boston area and there's more and more even coming still, so it would be cool to see more of like you know, a Harmonics or whatever the creator of BioShock is doing. But like, yeah, I think like with the death of the indie megabooth, like there is a kind of stunting growth in terms of like discoverability, but there is still plenty of great games, plenty of alliance to stand in. Yeah, and there's some big games like I played Crimson Desert, which is that like a Black Desert MMO kind of game, single player thing, which was really cool and that was a whole experience but excellent.
Speaker 1: Well, let's explain ourselves and what we do here. We're Giant Bomb. You can go to giant bomb dot com slash join and help support this crew over here doing what we do. If you like this show, we'd really appreciate that you can join up there, and all that money does go to support us as an independent company. Now that's a recent development and we're really excited about it. We're getting all of the balls rolling on that. If you do that, you get ad free shows, some other goodies that we will be providing to you. But also just get the warm fuzzies in your heart and knowing you're gonna make something like GB at Night at SGF possible, which we're doing our best to make happen right now, as far as this show goes, most week days, I Jeff Grubb will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting for all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you are watching live on twitch, welcome. You can always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for Game mess Mornings or find therss feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later and live on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the show with Brandy Pitchford moves to justify comments that real fans would find a way and that's a quote to buy Borderlands for even if it costs eighty dollars. This is from Chris Scullion at EGC Gearbox Entertainment CEO. Brandy Pitchford has attempted to explain recent comments that quote true fans would quote find a way to buy Borderlands for if it ends up costing eighty dollars. Earlier this month, Pittford was asked by a follower on Twitter not to make the game eighty dollars, to which he replied that it was not his call. He then added, but if you're a real fan, you'll find a way to make it happen. My local game had star flight for Sega Genesis for eighty dollars in nineteen ninety one, when I was just out of high school, working minimum wage at an ice cream parlor and Pismo Beach, and I found a way to make it happen while walking both ways uphill in the snow with guns pointed at me. Apparently, Pitchford's comments were relatively unnoticed at the time, but have become more widespread this week, with some players criticizing the suggestion that players who can't afford the game aren't quote true fans. In a new post on Twitter, Pittford is linked to a video from a recent Borderlands for Q and A saying if you want the truth, here it is, and then basically in that video, John he says he doesn't know what the price is going to be still hasn't been decided, which at this point in time, I believe a little bit that they are like trying to see what they can get away with, but that to me, that means it could be eighty dollars. All this makes it sound very possible that it could be eighty dollars. I guess let's start before we get into Randy here. Do you think Borderlands for it could be worth not like that, John, if we do, you think Borderlands four can be worth eighty dollars to you?
Speaker 2: To me, it's kind of a hard sell because Borderlands has always been a franchise that I associate with that multiplayer aspect. Getting an eighty dollars price tag is going to be a little bit more prohibitively expensive. Like during the pandemic, I had no intention of playing Borderlands three, like I'd kind of gotten my fill after the first and second, but that was a game that was already on the cheap. It was the middle of like twenty twenty one. My friends needed something to do, and so I just picked up four copies. I can't see that situation really happening again this time around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. What do you think about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I think you nailed it where it's like, this is the kind of game where it's not really just the price of the game, it's also either you know, like you said, gifting it to your friends or talking your friends into buying it as well. And like we've already built up all those arguments to try to convince them to to spend sixty dollars on a game and now more recently maybe seventy dollars here or there. This game comes at eighty dollars. It's like that's not even a fight worth having. Like I'm just not going to try to convince my friends to spend eighty dollars on this game, especially like knowing that I'm probably going to get it free through work or something like that. It just it just makes me feel bad. So, yeah, there's more to it than just quote true fans. And then you know Randy's saying that obviously he should have just not said anything right, like that was the right move here. He should have just shut the fuck up, Friday.
Speaker 2: I honestly don't know if it's in his DNA at this point. I feel like he is just a magic act and he's just revealing more and more layers of kind of someone out of touch, kind of someone who just doesn't really know the state of the industry right now. But yeah, it's it's definitely a situation and a time where it is so up in the air, Like Mario cart Eid is so far the only eighty dollars game that we know about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that still is the only one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, And I can't think of a world where Borderlands for is a game I'm going to go back to in the future. Mario Kart eight eighty dollars is a lot. I'm getting it fifty dollars with the switch to bundle, right, but it is kind of that forever game like Mario Kart eight we you included, like has survived for a decade and people are still having a great time with that. But like in the long term, I can just easily seeing people drop off halfway through the campaign and never come back to it. Like I don't really see a future and where that's you know, viable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's uh, it really does just feel like these two worlds getting further apart, where you know, obviously this has come up a bunch of times, but Clare obscurit was fifty dollars, it's the best reviewed game of the year. I just raised my standing desk. I started lifting that up. That's crazy. Get my hand away from the button. Yeah, Like, there are games out there that do come out at a price that feels budget now, and they are so of the best games just period, no caveats, They're just some of the best games. And these bigger companies are in this situation where they're like, well, we've separated ourselves by making games bigger and more expensive, and look like that's the way that we get your attention. So we're going to justify getting your attention by charging you eighty dollars for it. And I just don't think they see them realize how they seem to be driving at a wall here, Like it's going to reach a point where people cannot, like you said, justify it anymore. And you know, the big part of that is Randy being out of touch, Like his story here is crazy, like, yeah, you've got starflight for Sega Genesis for eighty dollars. In the nineties, we'll work in minimum wage. Well, I mean minimum wage back then relative to what it is now a little bit different. Also, the cost of living for everything else was way lower than it is now. But people's rents were not fifty percent of their income, you know, things like that, like going too fast food was not a thirty five dollars endeavor for like two to three people. It was seven bucks or something like that. So the idea of an expensive cartridge to produce having to cost more so they could justify selling it at all was made way more sense. It's just not a fair comparison. It's completely out of touch. So he needs to just shut the book up and not go out there and say this stuff. And again, we don't know if this game is going to be eighty dollars, and maybe this is the kind of thing that causes them to be like, man, let's just back off, let's go seventy whatever, because like seventy still feels like them getting away with something. It hasn't been that long. So do you think that it's going to be contentious like this going forward as these other developers and publishers try to sneak up to eighty. You know, I think Microsoft might have done it the quote unquote right way by just being hey, later this year, some shit's gonna be eighty, and then like they rip off the band aid and then they could just stand back. Let people get mad now, and when those games come everyone and most people go, we knew they were going to do this. In this situation, it's like it feels like kind of the even though it's very similar. I hate this thing could be eighty. It just feels a lot worse because it's like, well, just tell us if it's going to be that price or not, so we can just get the conversation out of the way. Is it going to be like at a lot of rakes for a lot of these companies going forward as they try to raise the prices. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I think like the Xbox situation is very interesting because they kind of tacked that onto everything across the board having a price increase, so it was in a way kind of blanketed the muted effect of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, the sooner we get to switch to when we start seeing what other eighty dollars games are, and when PlayStation probably inevitably raises the price as well, I think everything's going to be over looked over with like a magnifying glass really analyzing this. People have so many options right now to get eighty dollars worth of content or even more than that, just by you know, doing a Steam sale or even like Epic Game Store. They give you so much game for free. Yeah, and not even taking into account the free to play live service games that you can like play with your friends. You can just have a great time for very little uptake. And I mean, and that's not even taking into account like We don't even know how Borderlines e Borderlines four is going to be optimized. It could be an absolute dumpster fire, kind of like how Monster in or Wilds was. But yeah, yeah, it's going to be a very very tough sell for a lot of these companies if you do not have one of those huge franchises that people just can't live without.
Speaker 1: I know a big part of this is just at these companies, they have insight into how we spend money, and they look over at games. They have a lot of micro transactions. Two K for sure knows how people spend money on like NBA two K, and they're looking at like, okay, people are spending twenty five dollars for one skin. If they're willing to do that, of course they're going to be willing to spend eighty dollars on a game. And it's just like, oh, you know, we don't connect those things at all, Like, first of all, I don't spend twenty five dollars on a skin. That's a different kind of person than I am, and probably a different kind of person then probably shows up for the bulk of Borderland sales. Maybe not entirely, Maybe there is quite a bit of overlap there. But even so, the people who are overlapping view those prices as two completely different things. The anchor for the price of a video game is this them spending their entire lives spending fifty, then sixty, and now seventy dollars on it, and then like getting used to like that one price for a very long time. It was fifty for forever, sixty forever, and now seventy four a couple of years. The people are making that comparison, They're not thinking like, oh, I easily spend two hundred and fifty dollars on micro transactions in Fortnite in a year, and that's one video game, So eighty dollars for another video game, that's nothing. No, no one is making that connection. But I bet internally they see it that way, and it's like, you guys are telling yourselves a story that doesn't really work. Also saw in chat my editorializing of what Randy said. He just ended at saying he worked minimum wage at an ice cream parlor at Pismo Beach and he found a way to make it happen. He didn't actually say this stuff about walking uphill both ways in the snow and getting shot at so I just clarify if that confused anybody. All right, let's get onto this next story. April twenty twenty five US video game market highlights from Sircana. This is from Matt Piscatella over at Circana. April twenty twenty five. Total market projected US consumer spinning across video game hardware, content and accessories fell three percent when compared to a year ago, to four point one billion dollars overall year to date spending in the United States, that's what Circana tracks is down eight percent, which is pretty big. That's like, you know, I think last year Matt was predicting somewhere around that mark for the entire entirety of twenty twenty four, it ended up doing much better than that. It feels like some of that like Slack, is being let go this year, and at least through May, or excuse me, at least through April, we're eight percent behind where we were in twenty twenty four, and it doesn't look like they're There's a lot of games that could fix that, although of course switched to could change that story here very quickly. Best selling games of the month include The Elder Scrolls four Oblivion Remastered at number one. Forts Horizon five, which launched on PlayStation five, went up to number two after being forty two the month before MLB The Show at three, Minecraft at four, The movie right, that's the movie? Okay, yeah, and The Assassin's Creed Shadows at five. Indiana Jones in the Great Circle, which launched on PS five as well, went up to number six, Call of Duty Black Ops six at seven, then WWEBA, NBA, and PGA Tour rounding out the top ten. I don't see if there's anything else interesting on this list worth calling out. No, but you know what's missing on the list is clerup Scare Expedition thirty three, which is because Kepler does not report their their digital sales to to the Circana. And you know, I think I'm pretty sure John, the game sold out right, the physical version, like people have been trying to get the physical version of Clarips and it's been sold out like since launch basically, so I bet they didn't print a ton of copies of that. They weren't sure if the game was really going to pop off the way it did, and when it did, it was mostly digital, it seems like, especially obviously on PC. So I think that's the reason this game is not on the list. The fiscal versions would have been tracked, digital versions wouldn't have been And it seems like the vast majority of people bought that game digitally because that's the only way they could find it. So that's why it's not on the list. Don't everyone freak out. I'm sure that game probably it probably would have been number two on this list. Is that What would that be your best guess? Because even you know, beating Forts rice and five, it seems like it had that many players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it was just a record breaking amount of sales just in those first couple of weeks alone. It's a fantastic game. I honestly think word of mouth, and as we get closer and closer to award season, people keep hearing this name potentially like another switch to edition. I'm assuming that'll happen. I think they made comments that kind of like heavily suggests that it's coming to but yeah, like, I mean, more and more people are getting the chance to play.
Speaker 3: It's at game pass.
Speaker 2: I know two weekends ago, I had a friend who was trying to find it diehard physical collector. I'm not super heavy on physical on Xbox theisation, but it Yeah, I mean, it was just impossible to.
Speaker 3: Find that game.
Speaker 2: So I think in the coming weeks, in the coming months, just the groundswell from that game is going to prop it up. And regardless of how it does, I think it definitely exceeded the expectations of you know, their first game, Like they did a fantastic job and show.
Speaker 1: If I'm them, if I'm Kepler the publisher, and if I'm sand Falls at the name of the studio, if I'm them, like, yeah, do a new run of the fiscal games for sure, get get to work immediately on a big collector's edition, Like just do what Balderskate three did, which didn't really have a fiscal version upfront, but like a year later they put all the updates into one package and then they put put it into an awesome physical collector's edition. I think that would be that would be pretty cool. I think people would jump all over that because they have fallen in love with this game. I've been singing Claire Upscure, Baby, Claire Upscure, Claire Upscure, like just to myself NonStop for the last week, and I haven't played it in a week, so it's infectious. Let's see here. The Matt always does a good rundown of the things to know for many of the big games on the list. Let's go through that. The Elder Scrolls four Oblivion Remastered was the best selling game of the month, instantly becoming the third best selling game of twenty twenty five year to date. It was the best selling title across each of PlayStation, Xbox and PC platforms that year to date so far, Monster Hunter Wild's still number one, Assassin's Creed Shadows still number two. Shadows apparently just did what it needed to do in terms of that game, not what it needed to do to save you be soft, but it did very well. The Elder Scrolls four Oblivion Remastered sold more units in April twenty twenty five than the Elder Scrolls four Oblivion achieved across its first fifteen months in market combined following its March two thousand and six debut, and generated more full game dollar sales than the originals first fourteen months combined. That's kind of nuts. That's like, I guess that just shows like sird gaming's just blown up right games so much bigger than it was in two thousand and six. That's one of the biggest explanations for this, Is that, correct, do you think?
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 2: I think it's like this awesome point where people have been playing Elder Scrolls like for quite a lot while people have held up Oblivion as the pinnacle of the series. I think it's bad in more Wind, but I mean as soon as Skyrim came out, as soon as ESO came out, and you know, kind of like reworked itself into becoming a success. I think that franchise has only had like mythic tales about what Oblivion could be. And I think that remastered really did capture a lot of the imagination that was there. Maybe like there's a little bit of there's a little bit of like your brain is thinking, this is what the game was all those years ago, and we're at a great point for that. I think three sixty WEI and PS three nossalgia is kind of just starting.
Speaker 1: It's gonna hit hard, yeah, I like the game Cube was the big winner of the nostalgia for the previous generation before that, or for the two generations before that obviously. I think PS two just kind of defaulted in the generation there, but for that PS three Xbox three sixty and we I do think that like a lot of love is going to be thrown on the Xbox three sixty there. It seems like that's gonna have a real strong chance of kind of having the shine when people are looking back and feeling warm fuzzies about that era, it's like a lot of it's gonna be like, yeah, playing on the three sixty was cool, and no one will remember the Red Ring and things like that. Forts Arise at five was the second best selling game of April following its debut on PlayStation five. Indiana Jones. We talked about that four of the top five and five of the top selling best selling games of the month on PlayStation platforms were published by Microsoft. I did notice this. I actually put the image here. So that's Elder Scrolls four at number one, Forts Arison five at number two, Indiana Jones, and The Great Circle at number four, Call of Duty Black Ops six at number five, and Minecraft at number seven, and then yeah, and then the rest of the games are like take two Ubisoft EA and then Sony has MLB The Show at number three. So uh, I mean, I don't know what this says anymore, John? To me, it just says obviously the thing we know console war over the future of publishing on all platforms feels like the obvious thing for not just Microsoft, but for everybody. And like Sony putting their games on Xbox, maybe that doesn't make us much sense. The audience is smaller, but you know, if the audience was bigger, it feels like it would be obvious to put it on there. I don't know, I were just so far past all of the old ways of thinking about things that clearly this is the future. I don't know what else it says. Do you have any thoughts on this, John?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and you released a really good overview of Xbox's strategy. Microsoft strategy. That banking building up over the years, especially since we had those big Betheza and Activision Blizzard acquisitions, it's paying off. They're definitely more focused on the service aspect and just providing games wherever they can, you know, get their hands and get those discs in the door.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: For PlayStation it's kind of interesting because interesting. Yeah, I don't know if like having a Hell Divers would have really affected their you know, the the takeover of Hell Divers Too, Like, I think that game was the perfect success that a lot of PlayStation fans wanted it to be. Yeah, And I don't know if bringing that to Xbox would have made a lot of sense. I don't know how much it costs to poured a game to a completely different platform, something that is like completely different than just pourting it to Steam where there's a lot of resources for that.
Speaker 1: I think Hell Divers Too could still end up on Xbox. That's the one that feels like it has just because and I think they would justify it as have someone else publish it like they've had happened with some of their other games, some of the smaller like PSPM Vida games that have been like made their way over to the Switch recently, those have been published externally even though they're still placed games, And it seems like a big part of that is that's just the cheap, cheapest way of doing it. But I could see the same thing helping with happening with Hell Divers, especially since that studio is announced, Like we're doing things on our own going forward. We're not going to go back and do the Sony thing again. And I think Sony could be like, well, let's, you know, let you kind of like start that off with Hell Divers, and that could also be their first step of like putting something on Xbox. I think it would be a really good fit. Maybe maybe doesn't make as much sense because Hell Divers two does feel like it was coming to a natural sort of fading away a conclusion, although I didn't include it in the in the headlines here, John, but apparently people are rushing back to that game because of the most recent update. Apparently it's hitting very hard. So who knows. Yeah, I'm happy to hear that, all right, So let's see here other things from Matt Piscatella. Call of Duty HQ led all titles in totally total US monthly active users across both PlayStation and Xbox, and then two titles saw strong and gains on PlayStation following their addition to PlayStation. Plus. That's RoboCop Rogue City, which jumped from one hundred and eleventh and PlayStation total monthly active users in March all the way up to eighth. And now that might oh man, only eighth, No, no, no, Getting into that top ten of most players on one of these consoles is really hard. I think Oblivion, which sold really well in the PlayStation, did not get into the top ten of most players on PlayStation. It did get get there on Xbox, but you know, game Pass helped that out. So it's like, with the help of game Pass it got up to like number five or four or something like that. Cracking the top ten is very difficult because some of these perennial games just have so many players all throughout the month. That so RoboCop breaking in there, that's a really cool thing. Let's see what else happened there. Texas Chainsaw Massacre jumped to number ten in April from three hundred and seventy five. So apparently getting into that PlayStation plus situation is a big boon to getting players to your game. So I'm glad that's working over there. Let's wrap up this story with the hardware numbers. Hardware spending fell by eight percent we could to a year ago. Notable that that's one hundred and eighty six million dollars, which is the lowest total spending on hardware in the United States since July of twenty twenty, which would have been right before the next gen consoles at that time. The current gen consoles now and right as the shock of COVID was really hitting where people were not spending money. You know, we eventually got to that point, John, right where people were like video games, that's the answer, we're all stuck inside, let's all play video games. That was not July twenty twenty. It took some time for that to really sink in that this was going to be really long term and we should find some entertainment. So, I mean, that's just PlayStation five and Xbox probably not exciting people in all too many ways, at least not new people to come in by the console, and then everyone else waiting for switch to right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, I think PS five and Xbox series they're kind of in a I guess Xbox less so, but that's kind of Microsoft platform as a whole, just like putting their games everywhere.
Speaker 3: We're in this.
Speaker 2: Tough position where I feel like the PlayStation five exclusive games have kind of dried up, so there really isn't like a magnet game to bring people there, like obviously, I mean during the height of the pandemic, there wasn't like any of those launch titles. They weren't out yet. But yeah, we don't have like that many games in this year besides ghosts Ushima and if Soros, like the next House Smart game does come out this or next year. But yeah, I mean the demand for consoles is definitely down. Switch To is probably going to be a humongous exception, but yeah, in terms of games, it is kind of looking a little dry because I think people are still getting out of the mindset of like, oh, we can launch this year. GTA six is here and we don't need to lay our games.
Speaker 3: I guess when do.
Speaker 1: You think about that? Yeah, I think the like the talk around what these companies have publicly has been so muted because of Grand Theft Auto. I think that's exactly right. And now that that's in twenty twenty six, does that change or is it too late? Was like have the trains already left the station on, Like, well, we should just launch in twenty twenty six. I would assume not, because a lot of people had to know that this was possible. In fact, I'm guessing a lot of these companies had a pretty good insight on a delay being possible, just because they're you know, corporate espionage, which is really just having friends of friends who work at Rockstar talk to each other and be like, just tell me what's going on, so we know what to do with our game, right networking, that's what it's called. So I imagine that we're probably going to get here into the Summer Game Fest season. And while I don't think there's going to be a lot of like really hot bangers on that show floor, just because that will be hard to like get up and running in a matter of weeks, now that you know what's happening with Grand Theft Auto, the announcements could actually find a way into that show and you know, the surrounding orbit of Summer Game Fest to fill out the rest of this year, and then you know, does that change the story on people buying consoles? I don't know, because those prices are going up, you know in PlayStation. They already went up on the Xbox, They're going up on the PlayStation. I think people that's going to scare off any who might have been like, oh, finally some of these other games are getting Out's cool. Well, now it's more expensive. And I was waiting to, like for a bunch of games that were going to be cheap to justify it because I'm price sensitive. This just boxes me out again. Yeah, maybe grand theft out of six, like it's the thing that breaks through that dam. But for now, I don't know. Huh. All right, let's take a quick break. When we come back, we'll talk about plenty of more headlines. If you want the ad free version, go to giant bomb dot com slash join, which I think you might hear an ad about right now. This episode of Giant Bomb is brought to you by giant bomb dot com slash Join. Join us there, become a member. It helps us make fun stuff. It gets you add free content. It also helps us make some extras here and there that will give exclusively to you as members. It's giant bomb dot com. Slash Join for ten dollars a month or one hundred dollars a year, where you save twenty dollars you could support us in making all the cool stuff that we make over here at giant Bomb. Once again, that's giant bomb dot com slash Join. Become a member. Now, welcome back to Game Mess Mornings. I'm Jeff Grubb, that's John Martin. We're talking about video games, including Sinuous Saga, Helblay two coming to PS five this summer. Yeah, I mean the story of Oh an Xbox game, don't go into PlayStation That's not a story anymore. But do you think that, Yeah, it's just obvious at this point. Do you think help A two can find an audience on PlayStation five though? Because it I don't know. It just seems like it did it missed with its original launch?
Speaker 2: Did it did the first not sell well? Or was it the critical hit?
Speaker 1: I think I think that's right. Maybe it's not. Maybe it's not one hundred percent correct. And I'm sure a lot of people just try it in game pass, uh, And I definitely got the sense that people, if they did play it, they moved on it from from on from it pretty quickly. I guess that's what I was getting at, is that it feels like the response to that was subtle at best, even though there's some people who are raving about the visuals. Do you think it can find a different audience on PlayStation five, like you know a lot of these other games from Microsoft have.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's a very interesting situation where it will appeal to more of the hardcore gaming audience, like people who really are valuing this game based on just the artistic value of it. I think it tackles a lot of very interesting themes in terms in terms of mass appeal, I don't know if this is the kind of a ninja theory game that a lot of people would be looking for. I think of like Devil May Cry, d MC Double May Cry, and I think of U, you know, uh, what's the game, uh, Journey to the the Journey to the West one on three sixty Enslaves or what was that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Enslave Journey to the West is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, someone can correct us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, it's very interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it'll find some audience. I don't think it's gonna make a huge impact at all. Those games are going to hit like the right audience. People who I've been waiting for hell Blake because that was I mean, that was the last game that that they made, but also the last one that was still multiplatform. So there's probably a couple of people who have been holding on wanted to get those play station exclusive features. But besides that, I don't know how big of an impact it'll be. I'm excited for the success.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I think the very least giving more people a chance to play it is always going to be a good thing, and I, you know, my history with the help Blay two was I tried it. It just was super not for me. And then I, you know, everyone I talked to kind of felt the same way. So that could just be my orbit, but it definitely felt like a game that missed in terms of people like maybe getting excited about it because it's like, alwa, is this going to expand on the hell Blade idea? And then it didn't do that, and in some ways it felt more confined. But that was just my own personal critical response. All right, So let's get over here. Doom the Dark Age just hit three million players right away, and the majority of them are on game Pass. Apparently this is from Eddie McCoo at game Spot, but THAT'SA has announced that Doom the Dark Ages has become the Developer in Software's biggest launch in the company's thirty four year history dating back to nineteen ninety one. The game reached three million players and did so seven times faster than the Doom than Doom Maternal did. That's that did not share any sales numbers, however, nor do we know how much was spent on development, marketing, and other expenses also worth pointing out Do Maternal was not on game Pass, so that's going to be obviously, it's going to struggle to get to three million players in the same way that Doom the Dark Ages did. But a lot of people playing this game this this felt like a game that was a poster ChIL for game Pass. A lot of these games are like, it's on game Pass and then it still sells very well because people are like, well, I'll just I just want to play it where I want to play it, or I want to own it, and Doom the Dark Ages just felt like one where they were like, out and loud, just get this on game Pass, and it feels like that's what's happened here. Do you think there's any underlying like maybe this game actually isn't doing as well because it's just people trying it on game Pass and they're not buying it, or is this just the way things are now?
Speaker 3: I think it's a mix of both.
Speaker 2: I mean, Doom obviously is like a very historic franchise, but when I mean the first way we learned about this game's existence was just from the Activision Blizzard or no, sorry, the Bethesda. No, it was the Activision Blizzard lawsuit and they said something like Doom Year zero coming out soon. So there's been like a lot of for a lot of like big Doom fans like myself, Like there is such a heavy association with that game, pass like knowing, Oh, I'll have this great game. It's gonna come out, It's going to rock expectations. It's definitely interesting. It's a very interesting follow up to Eternal. But I and I think Eternal might have turned people off in a couple different ways. Came out at the like even at the like very beginning of the pandemic. I guess, so it didn't have that bump like we were talking about prior. But I honestly think that, yeah, it's definitely having an impact. I think Microsoft knows that, but I think also they know that it's a game that kind of speaks for itself. It's been around so long that it's kind of doomed not to fail. Well for the pun, I didn't mean that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Yeah, it can help itself, but be not doomed, which is ironic for the game. People at Chat pointing out it was like number one on the sales chart on Steam, which is ranked by dollar sales, so like that's clearly a good sign. I think there were other people who are freaking out because the concurrent player numbers, which is a shady metric to begin with. I find it useful in some instances, but you know, for a single player game, it's not what it's not what matters for sure. But hey, like some single player games games come out, they get instantly to one hundred thousand, and that's not what Doom did. So I don't read into that how you will. I think what's happening here is this game is doing just fine, and I think I think the game it's weighted towards game pass in a really heavy way. That is not a problem for the game, not a problem for Microsoft. It is part of the plan, and and rankly, I think it's probably going to sell some game pass subscriptions, which is for as much as that's not their entire focus as it once was, it's still important to them. They still want to be growing all of their revenue streams. So yeah, it makes sense. Have you spend any time with Doom the Dark Ages, because I've been meaning to play it. I did a quick look with Dan and watched him play. It looks really good. I want to play more.
Speaker 2: I definitely want to play more. That is probably the most experience I got watching your quick look to it. There's just been too many games coming out right now. I've been playing through both blueprints, I've been playing through Expedition thirty three. I want to start Oblivion. I want to start so many games, and yet I keep coming back to like a Final Fantasy X. Expedition thirty three kind of just put me in the mood for a good jarrapy gee. But it's definitely a game I want to sink my teeth into when I have the time.
Speaker 3: It's there.
Speaker 2: I know people really like it. So have you gotten to the point where like the narrative really comes into play for Doom? I've heard I've heard some mixed things about.
Speaker 1: That, not really no. Yeah, Like I said, I like have booted it up once and haven't really played much of it at all. So yeah, that I think Dan got pretty deep into it. And Dan is pretty you know, allergic to that stuff, and he didn't have many terrible things to say about that. So I guess that gives me some hope for me personally, because for at least in terms of story, I line up with Dan pretty close on that stuff. But I don't know what have you heard, Like people just like it's too much story, too many cutscenes or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've I've definitely heard things along the line that it is kind of a little intrusive. And those were some of the elements from Eternal that I did have a little bit of a problem. It did was kind of a pace killer. I thought twenty sixteen did a great job of it reintroducing us, kind of establishing this this lore. But I mean, I don't really come to Doom for the huge lore. I do want to know more about what these dark ages and like how far in the past, Like what is this going to impact the gameplay? But yeah, it's it is kind of just like a hindrance from the moment's moment gameplay.
Speaker 3: I kind of come to Doom for.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I definitely think they struck the exact right balance and the right tone with Doom twenty sixteen. That's the kind of narrative I want. Here's someone talking to you an elevator and Doom guy punches the screen. That's perfect. That give me more of that. I don't think they did that. The Eternal definitely had a very different tone, and it sounds like this does as well, people in chatter saying it takes itself too seriously, which is not what I want from Doom. I wanted to know it's a metal album cover and play everything that way. All right, let's move on here. Anticipated game on Steam, Roadcraft is out now and off to a good start. This is one of my pet games. I'm a huge Roadcraft fan, already been playing it, but huge fan of this series that it spawned from mud Runners and snow Runners. This is from Blair Marnell at GameSpot Crafting games like Minecraft aside, the vast majority of video games seem to embrace destruction over creation. Saber Interactive's new title Roadcraft takes a different approach. This game puts players in control of sites that have already been devastated by natural disasters and lets them choose how they want to rebuild the area around them. Roadcraft is now out on Steam and currently at number thirty five on the platform was most played games, which just with just under thirty four thousand concurrent players. That's a very good start for a game considering the Triple A titles it's competing with. Yeah, this these games have an audience that like just show up for these games and they get long term support, you know, ten major updates, and people pay close attention to all of them because it's like this is the game they're playing. Roadcraft really seems like it has the potential to be you know, I don't know how to play long term. I think it's gonna be good long term, but at least in this moment, the first impression is very very good. It's they've really kind of nailed it in terms of making the loop make sense of just make a road, destroy some stuff that's in the way, go get the materials to make a different road, build a bridge. It's and then use all these different cool vehicles to accomplish that, these vehicles and these big machines. It's very satisfying. So I'm happy to see that this game is doing well. It's also the kind of game that does end up in game Pass eventually, which is when a lot of people finally try it, and I'm always happy for that. Then it's like easy to recommend because, like John, I have no idea if you would like this game, and I probably wouldn't even recommend it. But it's like I'll talk about it, and if you get excited by what I'm saying, I'm like, well, then you should play it. And if not, it's like, well, one day when it's free to you, you should try it, because I bet it could click still. But That's where I'm at with this. Are these kinds of games ever appealing to you?
Speaker 2: I always like messing around with it. Seems like it is kind of like a sandbox game. Definitely seems like being able to create a play area and the only limit is kind of your imagination. I'm definitely not the kind of person who would usually check this out, but I think there's a lot of credit there, like having game pass there to be able to try it. It is a really good thing, and I think, honestly, like this is kind of just like a microcosm of the bigger story that like Saber Interactive has really found multiple different niches that they're in, Like they're producing all of these games that are hitting really hard for a lot of people. So it's just kind of admirable in a situation where a lot of games are just getting canned for not really understanding what their audience wants, and Saber kind of gives it to them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they it was the same that they did Space Marine two. Yeah, yeah, hammering games, right, And so they're just like all over the place, like all these different genres, and yet I don't think they're like none of their games are like flat out bad, and many of them are like good to like very good. And I include Space Marine two in there, and uh, mud Runners and snow Runners and all that stuff. Snow Runners was my game of the year that year. I really liked that game. So I remember, Yeah, so Saber has like found, You're right, found. It's it's not even a niche because it's in like several different niches, but it's definitely found a way to get games across the finish line. And they have a ton of projects. They're making that Jurrassic part game that Jeff Beckler thinks looks terrible, but the rest of us things looks pretty good. So I'm like, oh, man, they could pull off this stuff. I wonder what they're going to be able to do with that. So I'm at a point where anytime I hear Saber taking on a project, I get pretty excited. And you know, by all accounts, they are still working on that night so the Older Republic remake. For as much as Sony is not involved with that anymore, which is what I originally reported, they're still taking it on. And I'm like, I'm kind of like more excited by that. It's like, Man, this team just going after this ar tackling this massive thing. What could it possibly look like? I don't know. I guess maybe we'll find out eventually. I think there's a chance we see that game here pretty soon, I hope.
Speaker 3: So really I'm in a Star Wars mood right now.
Speaker 2: It's kind of just like, yeah, there was definitely a decline, but recently in recent years, I mean mostly driven by and Or. I've been watching this ILM documentary that they put on Disney.
Speaker 3: Really good, really cool.
Speaker 2: I think there's the second season now, so I'm excited to get into that.
Speaker 1: But that's when it talks about the early CGI. It's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's fantastic seeing the Creature Lab. It is just fantastic. Is Golden Age movie making is great?
Speaker 1: Yep, in a Star Wars mood as well, because and Or and like, I'm like, I'm going to go back to Outlaws for that DLC, And what I predicted is kind of happening. People are really coming around on Outlaws now. A big part of that is no one's trying to force themselves to play it anymore, so it's self selecting a little bit. The people who are most likely to enjoy Star Wars Outlaws are the ones playing it at this point. That's why the conversation has changed a little bit. But I think I still think that there's a an enthusiasm around that game that is well deserved because it's a better game than it got credit for. All Right, the last couple of stories here new prestige physical game label editions, and I think that's Capital Editions, that's what they're calling It promises to reinvent what it means to collect games. This is from Chris Scullion at VGC. A new collector's label focused on physical editions of games is launched today. The label, which is simply called Additions, is the work of Lost in cult and promises to reinvent what it means to collect games. Lost in CLT does like merchandise. I think they've done a lot of vinyl records for video games, soundtracks and things like that. Now they're getting into this physical collector's edition space, and the packaging looks phenomenal. It looks really good, John, I got the picture here. It has you know, it's not exactly Criterion Collection, but it feels like a video game Criterion Collection a little bit, with these slip cases that have a big, beautiful picture on it, and then you kind of take out the insert and it's like a kind of this thick booklet that has a bold color on it with the name on the spine, and it's probably numbered, I don't know. It just looks fantastic. And that's for three games so far. And these things are going to be very limited, so people think these things look good, maybe you should move on them here very soon. Immortality for the PS five which is limited to fifteen hundred copies, the Excavation of Hobbs Barrow for Switch, which is limited to three thousand copies, And thank goodness you're here for PS five and Switch. PS five versions fifteen hundred copies. Switch version is three thousand copies. So yeah, again, I just think this looks fantastic. How how are you, like you said, you don't collect a lot of physical for PS five and Xbox? Do you collect for Switch? And are you someone who like goes the limited run games route or one of these small shops that put out these very stellar collections.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when it comes to Switch, I just love a good cartridge. So a lot of my games on the original Switch have been physical for the most part. I really love collecting old games. I really love collecting like the Xbox PS two generation, Super Nintendo, all kinds of stuff. This does kind of appeal to me. It's kind of scary how much of it appeals to me, especially for something like Thank Goodness You're Here and Immortality, both fantastic games. I wish Immortality had a Switch kind of version. Maybe they're waiting for Switch to There's some tricks there that maybe the Switch can't handle. But I think this is a net good. I do like limited run games. I know in recent like past couple of weeks, there has been some kerfuffles. I know where there was one about the the latest Chante GBA release, and there's been some some goings on that I think there is. They're in a prime position addition to, you know, kind of make their mark, create this this soup uber like bougie collectors like that. Those pictures are gorgeous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really feels like, you know, I like the way video games look on a shelf, even though even if I'm not a collector myself, but I've heard the argument before and tend to agree with it that it's like video game shelves don't look as interesting or esthetically pleasing as like a bookshelf with a bunch of books that have all different shapes and colors and sizes, and and you could kind of organize it or whatever, kind of do a little visual flare to it to get the most out of that. And it's like, yeah, I get what you're saying there, and I do miss that if when I look at a video game shelf, this feels like it could introduce that idea, at least in terms of the variability of color and the materials and things like that. And then or if you turn it the other way where maybe the picture is facing out a little bit, it's like, well then it really is going to shine. It look very cool. So for me, video games are experiences. There are things that I play. That's why I collect digitally, you know, and not even collect I just I get the games digitally because they're just experiences to me for the most part, and then the physical object is something else, and I've sort of decided not to care about that when I see something like this, like, man, maybe I should that would be a fun thing to have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the switch to generation is going to be kind of a little upsetting with the game view card nonsense, certain games having physicals. So I'm glad there are still people who are as passionate and who like creating this moment in time, this history that you know, people can collect, cherish and pass on.
Speaker 3: I think that's a really cool call.
Speaker 1: Yep, me too, And I'm glad there's like more companies getting into the space. It's definitely more than just limited run games. Already. There's a you know, I think it's Serenity Forge out in Colorado. We've talked to them before. They have a similar business, and there's other shops as well. But it's like that lost in CLT has this cachet, I think, and they clearly know what they're doing. They again in the packaging looks nice at least in pictures. We'll see how it is when it gets delivered. But it's nice to have some competition because it feels like this is going to be what's necessary for those people who want physical to continue, You're gonna need a lot of these smaller shops, all working in conjunction, just sort of pick up like if limited or games let something slip through the cracks like on one of these other places can pick that up and still make a physical version, and the people who really care can show up and get those destraining two. Depth says PS four to PS five upgrade is not exciting, just more efficient. This from Haley Williams at GameSpot. Really the headline is that story just saying that, like he's the chief technical officer and it's Aki Osakamoto over at Kojamin Productions, and the developer said, the difference between the PS four and the PS five isn't so great, but at least makes development more efficient. Do you think this is like a common sentiment among developers, And that's one of the reasons why this generation feels in many ways like it hasn't even really started or has been a long continuation of the PS four generation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's very interesting because I feel like, yeah, like twenty sixteen onward, I feel like we kind of hit a point where everything is kind of just already super gorgeous, Like if you looked at Uncharted four today, it's still a gorgeous looking game that people slaved away on. And yeah, I think to an extent it has been that weird situation of it, paralleling kind of how like PC gaming has gone. There are multiple different skws, like no one can kind of figure out the baseline model to build a game around. I think these conversations happen all the time, whether it is to put games on PS four, PS five, or both. I know Capcom has put a lot of their games just on PS four. I think that's for an engine reason, but because it is acessible to everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and second out of basically just he goes on to clarify a little bit, and he just says, the most obvious improvement from a technological point of view is the reduction in loading times. But to be honest, the difference between the two hardware systems isn't so great. It's more a case that on PS five there are more efficient ways of arriving to similar goals. So it's like, I mean, this is the feeling I think we mostly have had that these games from PS four to PS five are very similar to some like at some point for some of these games so similar similar that they just put out a PS four version and that's the PS five version as well. They're just like, well, we'll just put out PS four version, you'll just buy it on PS five. But it feel does feel like for the majority of games released, they are not trying a bunch of new ideas and new things and new even new visual tricks. The most part, it is same games as we've been getting for the last like ten years or so.
Speaker 3: So yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's see your last story. Game Passes adding Metaphor, Refundasio, the Division two and more next week. This is from Andy Robinson at VGC. It's actually a pretty good club. I mean, game Pass is expensive, but they do they have been. It's better than it's ever been in terms of the offering. I don't know if it's better than it's ever been in terms of the deal and feeling like you're getting a lot for your money. But there's a lot of games on there getting added and have there have been since the beginning of this year. So Metaphor Refontasia will join game Pass Ultimate PC, game Pass and game Pass Standard for Cloud, PC and console. God, that's I'm not gonna say that every time. That's coming May twenty ninth, so next week, that's pretty good. Tails of Kenzera Zoo is joining tomorrow. Stalker two in Sinuous Saga helple A two will join game Pass Standard, which is like, remember they changed that, so not every game launches in there right away, they get added later. Tom Clancy's The Division two will come to game Pass Ultimate PC game Pass blah blah blah on May twenty seven, and Monster Trained two, which I think is a new release right, that's yeah, the next big Day one release. Yes, Monster Trained two will hit game Pass on on May twenty ninth, along with spray paint simulators, so not too bad. I did just get charged for game Pass Ultimate again and I'm like I should I should cancel that, and then I see things like this, My god, this is pretty decent, although probably won't play most of those games on my Xbox. John, where are you at with game Pass these days?
Speaker 2: So yeah, so I do have game Pass. I just built my first gaming PCA for a long time. This also the first generation. I actually just bought a Series X for the first time. I got it into the pandemic at a lot of people who were on game Pass who were playing, and I think there was some kind of like you kind of rent the Xbox for a while and then eventually you pay it off over time. Game Pass is a really good deal to say that, and continuing our conversation earlier, like games like Roadcraft are finding a new audience. I think Metaphor is going to be one that like finds a brand new audience, Like people who have heard really good things are looking forward to whatever Atlas is putting out next. I think it did a lot for Persona three and then yeah, like kind of unsung hits like I really loved Tales of Canzara is out. I think that is a really good game and people should like take a look at that. Not to mention like we were coming off of one of the most stacked aprils I can remember, especially for game Pass, and I mean to your credit, I also just got charged game Pass and it's going to go for another month and then we're gonna see what Xbox actually has in store at their showcase. So good point, they're hitting a really good cadence right now. I think it's a good deal, maybe not as good of the best deal in gaming that I think a lot of people were touting at the time. As we have, it's been getting a lot more complicated with all those tiers. I still forget the names. There's like core their stant I don't know, man.
Speaker 1: And if you don't want to get with the tiers, so you get the most most expensive one. It's twenty dollars a month, which that's a big round number. So yeah, it's it's rough. I misspoke. Monster Trained two is out today. People in chatter like playing it right now, so yeah, I was looking at the May twenty nine date was for spray paint simulator. Monster Trained two out now I've not played Monster Train or what's the other one that everyone likes, Slay the Spire. I think that's a similar game. I'm not putting any of these. I'm wondering if I should just jump in with Monster Train two or go back to Slay the Spire. Feel free to let me know in chat. All right, that does it for the headlines. We have a poll question we need to get to. Let me pull that up right now as Jan gets it up for you all as well. You can go to YouTube dot com slash at giant Bomb, hit the community tab there find the poll questions. To vote yourself. Let's see here from earlier this week on Monday, do you think a game can be worth eighty dollars? Yes or no. We're gonna have a similar question today about borderlines. Specifically, I'm gonna I have to vote to see the results here, I'm gonna say, well, I didn't know. I haven't I haven't spent eighty dollars on a game yet I did the thing you did. I got Mario Kart World for fifty dollars. So I'm gonna say no until I am forced to say yes. And I'm in the minority here, thirty percent say no, seventy percent say yes. They think a game can be worth eighty dollars. Okay, yeah, hey, that's why it's eighty dollars everybody, If you seventy percent can be worth that, I think the problem it's just people. I think it would just be a truthful right, like, yeah, I can imagine a game being worth eighty dollars now. To be fair, I think in the past, John I did say that if Tears of the Kingdom was coming out and they wanted to charge me one hundred and fifty dollars, I would have easily just done that without thinking, so clearly I also agree. But there we go. We got a new poll question here in a second. I will get to that in a moment. Before we do that, though, John Martin wyt'ing to tell people where they can find you on the internet, what you have going on and all of that good stuff.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Yes, so you can find me at John Martin at policeguy dot com or whatever the excess thing I have. I'm about to be traveling. I'm also moving right now, so it's been kind of crazy. I do stream on Twitch. I do rate video essays. I'm looking forward to putting that out. I'm definitely going to be streaming the week of the switch to so you can check me out at high Score on YouTube, and you can also find me as high Scorer or jay man Xerius sixty.
Speaker 3: Five in the Giant Bomb chat.
Speaker 2: I'd love to talk to people, and I am excited for Rascal later today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rascal coming up. Let's do this poll question and we'll talk about what else we have happening. So new pole question, will you get Borderlands four at launch? If it's eighty dollars? So many of you say a game can be worth eighty dollars. Is Borderlands four going to be worth eighty dollars? Do you? We don't know if that's the price. That's why I said if, but yes or no, your options. We'll get the results and talk about that on Game mess Mornings here on Giant Bomb tomorrow. Speaking of Giant Bomb, as John said, Rascal Blight Club returns, Mike is gonna keep looking so cool everybody, You're just not gonna want to miss it. He also, this game's getting to him. This game is like, this game's really he was telling me last night. He's like, man, it's like a burden hanging over me that I got to go back and play that game. So I still think he's going to probably like finish that game and just a couple more episodes because he's still good at these games, even though hating it, but at least at the very least he's going to be miserable. So and then and then after that it's Dan's turn. So I'm like, I'm on cloud nine over here. This is the best. Okay, let's see what else do we have happening A quick or no, there should be a premiere happening on YouTube for the latest demo Derby. We recorded that yesterday o PM issue number fifty five. Look out for that. There's some really good bangers on that disc, so check that out. We had a really good time recording that and then voicemail Dump Truck. Tomorrow we'll have some more quick looks happening. We'll have upf on Friday. We're gonna be Mosquitos apparently. It's a Mosquito meets Evolve or mister Mosquito meets Evolve apparently is how this game works. So looking forward to playing that. Plenty more happening on Giant Bomb. If you want to support us, go to giant bomb dot com slash join. In the meantime, we'll be back with game this morning's tomorrow. John Martin, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man. I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for happening. Man, this is the greatest Giant Bomb is the greatest community on Earth, and Rice happened to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: Thanks. I was real glad we could meet each other at PAX. I'm glad we could make this happen. We'll make it happen again in the meantime, thank you everybody for watching and listening. As John said, you're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.