Speaker 1: Thank you for choosing to download the ham Radio two point zero audio podcast rip. This is the audio taken out of a video or a live stream I did recently. You can catch all my videos on YouTube ham Radio two point zero and catch us live every Sunday night at seven pm Central Standard Time for a different topic each week. Thank you for the support, and thank you for being a member of the community. That's good. I like that step one by an FTX one. I mean that makes the most sense to me. Good evening to everyone, and it is really good to be back in the shack, back in Texas, back to and you know what, it's it's been raining since we've been back, so I haven't really been hot. But we spent the last week in Colorado touring the entire state and hitting all of the national parks in Colorado, and I recorded I'm Gonna take Frank out of My Ears, and I recorded a video about that whole trip that will go live on my unplugged channel because it's about travel. We did do. My wife and I both activated all four national parks for PODA, so it was it was fun. And then we also both activated. We also went down to four Corners and activated that, so it was a good trip. More to come on that later, but thanks for joining us tonight. So all right, tonight we're going to talk about the ftx one, brand new firmaer updates, some new hardware, some new this, some new that. But first, but first, Amazon Prime Day is starting Tuesday, and I've already got ah here's my link to my Amazon idea list for Prime Day. I appreciate you guys using that. It is an affiliate link, and I get commissions for some items that you buy on Amazon through that. We're gonna go live on Tuesday, the first day. I've done this the last three or four years on Prime Day and Prime Big Deals Day and Prime Summer Deals Day and whatever else they're coming up with. And they're doing it for four freaking days this time. So usually it's like Tuesday, Wednesday, or maybe Wednesday, Thursday, today, this week, this week, this year, this summer. It is Tuesday through Friday, and I suspect we're gonna see a lot of change, Like if you go look at the deals on Tuesday, I don't think they'll probably be the same deals again on Thursday or Friday. Maybe they'll last today, maybe they'll last until they're sold out and they'll kind of rotate through. They've done that before, so yeah, so you're gonna want to check the list each day. I will be live streaming more than one day, but I haven't decided when yet exactly. Definitely going live on Tuesday, so you guys keep watching on that. Sign up for email alerts, do sign up on the text message something like that, and you guys can keep up with that. So Prime Day is starting Tuesday. That's where we are right there. And immediately following this live stream, we are going to do another live stream on the Unplugged channel. For the next RV base camp chat. We're going to be talking about where to get water when you're on the road. So there's a topic that Kyle came up with. Is a good topic in my opinion, because you always have to figure that out whether you want to fill up the water tank and drive to your destination with that extra weight in your RV, or whether you want to empty the water tank, drive to where you need to go and fill it up a few miles before you get there. But we'll see, so you guys for that, we'll roll over to that and I'll share that again at the end of this live stream and something else I'm gonna talk. We're gonna talk about the Texas flooding going on in the Hill Country area. In fact, I got a couple of questions for Frank about that. So anyone who knows anything about the Texas flooding or relief efforts for the Texas flooding, I'm gonna ask that question here in a moment. Okay, But if those of you who didn't see my shopping video, this is the new separation cable. And Josh mentioned this on his live stream last night, and I mentioned it on my Friday shopping video. Yazu has released, well they're about to. They've they've announced these will be ready mid August. So I'm told, okay, there's a five foot and a ten foot extension cable for this radio, specifically for we were told this wouldn't This was not a separatable kit.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: I don't know the story behind it. I don't know what happened. I don't know if they were planning this the whole time, or if they just listened to the audience and said, well, crap, we need to build some cables. So I don't know. I don't know what happened, but but here's the thing. Until about July fourteenth, I think it is gigaparts will gigaparts is offering a ten percent coupon off of these cables. They're kind of pricey. You can build your own, you can do that, totally cool. But if you want a ten percent discount off of either one of these cables, use the code of six to six hr two. Sixty six is the it's for SCU sixty six is the Yazoo model number. So there's a SU six six five foot and an SU sixty six L ten foot. But you can use the coupon code of six six hr two at gigaparts to get a ten percent discount off of either one of these cables and save some money that way. So there you go. So you know, eleven twelve thirteen dollars off of that price. Yeah, they're a little bit pricey. I agree, But we were crying. A lot of us were crying that it was not a separatable radio originally, and I understood that point. Well now it is, so picker battles. Take what it take what it's worth and and go from there. So that's where we're going to go. Now, let me unmute Frank and cover my ears. What's up, dude, Hey man, what's going on? It is? It is going? I got the air constr this stream, yes, agreed, agreed, I was.
Speaker 2: I kind of didn't know if you were going to be home or not, so that's why I texted you this morning. Yeah, but it's actually I I took you last week off because it was the fifth Friday. I was not supposed to stream anyways, but I was like, gotcha streaming? No, no, no, no, I'm gonna go and spend some time hanging out. So I spent some time with some friends and family. That's always nice. And how do y'all? We got the tanker going on in the check tanker forty five. Yeah, y'all are amazing Tom. Other than that, man, I had the radio out on my deck for a lot of this week when I could geez, man, rained, rain rain, rain. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well it was okay, so we were you know, it rained off and on in Colorado. But dude, it was so freaking nice the day the last three days we were there, it was clear and sunny with white clouds in the blue sky. And had we been in Texas with skies like that, it would have been ninety five degrees, but it was like eighty degrees in Colorado. So I'm not complaining about the weather at all. Much less humid, a little bit warm, eighty you know, lo to mid eighties something like that. It was nice. It was really nice weather in Colorado the whole time, except for the few times it did rain. But the rain was short lived. We didn't get rained out of anything we were gonna do, so it was good. Phil day was yes, beautiful, good.
Speaker 2: It was a little warm, but since we had that cabin, man, you would have loved this cabin. Did you see a video on it?
Speaker 1: I did not know. I I see I saw it. It came across my feed. I think maybe Emily watched it. Oh, it came. It came across but she subscribes to you and and Mike and a few others. But uh, it came across my feet. And I do want to watch it because I want to see what I missed on field day. I did some field day logging and used the Polo app for field day, mostly for field day and activation because there's no cel service in National parks for the most part, so an online logger was not working, so we used the Polo app. I promised Sebastian I would use the Polo app on that trip, and I did. I used it like three or four times.
Speaker 2: So and overall, what was your feel for it?
Speaker 1: I like it, I don't. I like the World Radio League app better, not because of anything Polo is doing wrong, but just because of a few extra feature that it's missing. But I know that he's working on. So in other words, World Radio League is just a little bit ahead in the race than Polo in my opinion. In my opinion, you guys can disagree with me. It's okay, but I'm actually I'm actually working on a video that kind of compares the two. Okay, and long story short, both of them are great and you're not going to be disappointed with either one. There's just different features that each one does. And I'm gonna say that in the video, I was like, you know, if you like this one, use this one. If you like the other one, use the other one. Doesn't matter. I mean, it's they're both. They're birth grate apps.
Speaker 2: So I am Polo now on the phone. I think it's a little bit easier it was a little clonky in the beginning. There was a learning curve to it. I'm like hammers, you open up Hammers. Everything was immediate, everything was parent and it was really easy to see right. However, once I got used to Polo, Polo was so much faster. Film the streamline now the computer hands down Hammer's pro. I was even using it on my activation for uh Cooper Lake State Park and we I used that. I did like four hundred contacts before field day.
Speaker 1: I was getting ham alerts about you working ft A. Yeah, yeah, I was totally. I was totally getting Hamlert everything. Man, yep.
Speaker 2: So, but yeah, you should check out that video.
Speaker 1: Watch it, watch it, watch it tonight.
Speaker 2: Last good you were missed. Robert was missed, Mike was missed.
Speaker 1: I mean I think Mike did a video, uh with his buddies in Michigan. He went up to Michigan, I think so. And I saw I saw that come across my feed behaving.
Speaker 2: Both of the y'all scheduled trips. Shame on y'all schedule for field day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, yeah, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: After a scheduled I don't blame you, but come on, yeah, I will, all right, so today we're going to update the firmware on the on this on this radio here.
Speaker 1: Okay. Now, I know a lot of people are this radio has been a hot topic. There's a lot of people that there's a lot of people that have issues with the radio. There's a lot of people that like the radio. I've heard good and bad points about the radio. I like it. Did you I like it? I didn't. I did not. I did not take it. I did not take it. I took my emty. I took my ftd X ten. Okay, Now, about half the time we activated from the truck, like Great Sand Dunes and which other one I think, uh, Black Canyon and the Gunnison. We we had uh and and four corners. We couldn't really there weren't really picnic areas. I think Black Canyon and the Gunnis And we were just pressed for time. Uh Great sand Dunes, there wasn't really a picnic area. So we activated from the truck. And I have determined that my TS four A d h X I have in the truck. I don't. I don't like it. And what I mean by that is it's not it's not great on the receiver. If you if you use the TX four eighty and then you go to another park and sit down and break out the ftd x ten night and day difference. The ftd X ten has so much better filtering and such a much better receiver. It's just it's not And to leave aside the fact that it has a big screen with the waterfall, I don't even care about that for the purpose of this argument. It's just it's just a it's a much much newer radio than the Kinwood, and it's just it's it's much easier to activate PODA. I worked Dave KB five U T Y. I don't know if he's in the chat tonight. He was. He texted me on one of them. He's like, dude, I guess you can't hear me because I can hear you. Guys, you're down in the noise, but I can hear you. And he was trying to get back to me. I couldn't hear him at all. And then the next day he blew my speaker out of my Yazuo. When they're sitting in Rocky Mountain. He's like, he's like uniform tager yeah, and I'm like, dude, you're like blowing my speaker or ten over five nine, and he's like, dude, you're twenty over five nine coming back to Texas. He's like, the band's better today. But I was like, well, I got a better radio also, So it was I don't know. But anyway, so guess what separation cables? Now? I think I'm gonna I think I'm gonna put this in the truck. So they're gonna put this in the truck, go ahead.
Speaker 2: Do you think they did that on purpose or did they react to everybody saying why don't we have a sex separation cable?
Speaker 1: Because I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think jenuine they saw that, and I think this was a reaction. I don't think this was in the pipe and they're trying to trick people. I think this was a reaction because so many people said, we need one, we need one, we need one, we need one.
Speaker 1: I don't think there was anything nefarious about it. No, No, I don't think that that was I don't think that was it planned originally. I don't know. Was it something that they responded to the audience about. I certainly would like to think so, I think don't know. I don't know. I did invite and he's he. I didn't think he would. I didn't think he would show up. I did invite John to this live stream. I know he was real busy. I was trying to get him on last month. He was real busy last month. I haven't really talked to him this month. I said, I send him a link to the to the live stream. I was like, join us on zoom if you want to. We're gonna talk about this radio either way, but you know, if if you want to. I didn't get a reply from him, so I don't expect to see him tonight, but I would love to. I would love to pick his brain about that and see what he see what he says about it. I don't, I don't. I don't really know. I don't think there was anything like, oh, just let's lie to everybody and then and then uh and they released it. Yeah, I don't. Yeah, I don't think it was that, at least I would like to think it's not that. I really don't think it was that.
Speaker 2: I really think it was a reaction to the audience. They did not predict the amount of people that wanted that.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I think you're right. Josh Ham Radio Crash course twenty gift memberships. Thanks buddy. I guess he's returning the favor I've given him five, like I don't know two or three times like that. Thanks buddy, thanks for being here. But yeah, yeah, but m welcome to the uh welcome to the gift for memberships. Guys. Thanks for that, Josh so yeah, so no, I don't think there was anything nefarious about it at all. But so here's what we're gonna do to not We're gonna update the now. I already made a video about updating the firmware to the first two things. Number One, people were like, oh, well, the radio is like three weeks old. They've already got a firmware update. That is not unusual. That's not unusual at all. Okay, that that that is that well, perhaps true, but even for even for Zet like Zaigu had like three updates in the first month because that sixty one hundred and sixty two hundred was full of features that didn't work. But I mean, I give you that, it's not unusual for radio manufacturer to release new firmware updates for a new radio early on. Okay, it's happened before, it's gonna happen again. Get over it. If you don't want to buy a new radio because of that, if you want to wait a year to buy radio, okay, cool, cool, good, do that your decision. So they came out with a firmware update, and I did a video saying here's how you update the firmware. And this was more of a steps thing to just like step one, step two, step three, here's how you do it. So all of those steps will apply to what we're doing tonight. But the newest revision of the firmware update. Let's see, yeah, right here, So this is we where we are tonight. This is what we're gonna do tonight. We're gonna update to firmware. It's it's dated June of twenty twenty five. And this this this manual, this update information PDF document. It's actually June twenty seventh of twenty twenty five, so less than two weeks ago, like nine ten days ago, something like that. Okay, so I've already downloaded the firmware. We're gonna go through it here in a minute. But here is this. This was great because the first the first one in the in the update notes, it said fixed operation features. It was very vague. It didn't really tell what the first one did. But this one's good. It lays out details of what is in this firmware. Added APRS message function. Now, anyone who saw Jason cam for ACK's video knows that there was no way to send a message or reply to message on APRS OOPS. Originally he made a video, he put it up there. JESU responded to it and said, Yep, you're right, we're gonna have to fix that, and they owned it, and you know, kudos to JESU for doing that, and now it looks like they've fixed it. Okay. They added support for the ATOS one twenty eight displays the selected HF and ten at connector number at the top of the screen. I didn't notice that at first, but that's that's cool, okay, because, as I said in one of my first videos, the Optima has two Intenta ports on it, which for a radio in this price range is a little bit unusual. It's not unheard of, but it's a little bit unusual because my FTDX ten doesn't even have two Intenta ports. Improved APRS beacon reception sensitivity. That was another thing that came for Ackjason talked about. Fixed issue with GPS coordinates not being displayed properly. Improved the noise blanker characteristics. Fixed issues with the vol volume not being adjustable while in CW message or voice memory screen is displayed. Hadn't experienced that on myself. Fixed issue with subside receiving sound being output during split operation, fixed issue with setting menu not being backed up to SD card properly, and other minor fixes. So this is a good list of updates to firmware for this radio. So that's what. So that's what we're going to look at today. And on top of that, I have, let's say'm gonna switch back over here real quick. I have a Bluetooth module and a GPS module I picked up at Gigabarts when I was there a couple of weeks ago, so we're gonna put those in tonight. I also have and I don't have my Optima out here. It's inside, but I got to carry handle for the Optima as well. Kind of lame that it that that the Optima doesn't come with this, in my opinion, but you know, to each his own, that's what it is. Let's move on. So So yeah, so we're gonna do this firmer update real quick, which is not gonna be hard. It wasn't hard the first time. It's not gonna be hard this time. Okay. So what we want to do is we want to look and see what the current version is. Okay, so we're going to turn this back on. Okay, so it says press that hold it down the function of but in other words, going to the menu. Come on there, we go, slide over to menu three right there, and go to extension setting and then scroll down to software version. Okay, and now here, I know you guys can't see that. I'm showing you the screen right now. So here's what we're on right now. Okay. The display is on zero one dash zero two, the main is on zero one dash zero four. DSP is on zero one, zero one. There wasn't an update to that one in the last firm where SDR is on zero one, zero three and DST is USA. Okay, whatever that means. So we're gonna go back over here and we're gonna kind of follow this. This is this is really easy, okay. So you download the you download the zip file from jazu dot com. You find the page for the FTX one. You go to files and you can go to updates, and you can see this right here, and you can download certain things here. And then you go to files and you download the ftx one USA firm or Update twenty twenty five six, the second to last file right here, and uh and that's what the that's the firm where we're gonna update today. And then it opens up and it includes uh five, hold on, let me one. Two. Yeah, five different firmware files, plus this PDF file that I'm showing you right now, which is the manual English manual for update instructions. So all of that. So six different files, this PDF plus five different dot SFL files is the file extension and those are your former update versions and whatnot. Okay, so we're gonna take this or no, not this one. This one here is when I'm yeah, so we downloaded the firm where we unzipped it. I've got it sitting here on my desktop. You guys can't see that right now. Copy the file directly under the ftx one folder. So in other words, underneath the root not the root of the SD card, but the but in the same directory as the root of the st card. And and that's what I'm gonna do here. So I'm doing this off camera. But basically all you want to do.
Speaker 2: Is it's it's pretty simple. It's only one folder deep.
Speaker 1: Correct, Yeah, yeah, it's only well, it's not even that it's actually in the same it's that this FDx one is in the root directory, so it's it's actually going in the root directory of the SD card. So it's it's not even one folder deep. Really, So copy the firmer to this location. Yep. Okay, so that's so I did that real quick. Okay, so turn the transceiver off and let's turn the transceiver off, remove the battery. Oh, remove the battery. Connect to an external power source. Oh crap, it didn't bring my cable with me. Wait extern Yeah, yeah, I do remember that from last time. I kind of forgot about that.
Speaker 2: Is that because where the SD card is or.
Speaker 1: I don't know? No, no, no, because the SD card's on the side of it here. So I'm not sure why they say to do that. And I think it's more safety than anything. I think it's more hey, don't want your radio dying during the update, you know, and maybe it pulls too much voltage when it's doing an update something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think if if I programmed it, it would be safety. So if you programmed it, hey, I do a lot of good customers.
Speaker 1: I did not. I just laughed. It was a funny statement. Hold on, let me find my let me find my power cable here, just give me one second.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the tank Radio screen. Head over to tank Radio subscribe. Now where are my notes here? We are? Oh those are good notes. But yeah, man, if y'all haven't catched the field day video, our field day was awesome and we had a lot of fun and Treddy water here. Coming up tomorrow my video. We're gonna be talking about uploading your A double r L logs. We are uploading the logs.
Speaker 1: That tickets inside, Frank, so I have to go inside and get it.
Speaker 2: We are uplating lost your show, I am. I'm talking about my show. Tank Radio already dropped my link uploading logs to the a w O r L for your field day. We're exporting them at N three f JP. And that is what I did. We I tried so hard to tail that into exporting those logs from N three f JP uploading them to the A w L. Then appendium to your potologues because you probably did poda per your post field day and then doing that one upload to poda. But that crash to burn so hard. Uh, that's going to be something else that if you watch my video, I'm hitting at something I might be doing. Matthew says, question for Frank, I do question for question Tank. I have not uploaded my radio yet updated. Can I go straight to this update or go through the older one first? I think how they did it. Matthew, you should be safe enough to go straight to this update, I unless they really do not in their read me, and we'll ask Jason to pull up to read me again. I say you should be fine to write, just to go ahead and upload it directly. We'll circle back to that. Matt. Let's talk about cigars. Don says man, I've been just enjoying a tat cilguard that TAHAWEENI. I can't say that line. We just call them tats at my store because they laugh at me too much when I try to say it. And here I am going to show y'all a hint. I was meant to do that, but then I got distracted.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry about that. It was a new cake mistake. I knew that it needed that, and I totally forgot because I've done this already, but so I haven't done it with this version, but I've done it for more update already.
Speaker 2: I'm hinting that what I've been typing on in the background, I'm working and I'm coding on something Ham Radio related. Oh okay, yeah, yeah, Well watch my video and talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you want people to actually know about it, we can bring it back onto the live stream. I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm just messing with your frank.
Speaker 2: No cigar today because I'm inside and I didn't feel like setting up and Don knows don from the clubhouse. My camera was not acting right with the sun behind me, so that's why I'm not on my port.
Speaker 1: That was Yeah, that that did look a little weird.
Speaker 2: Well, I was trying to tweak the camera settings before then, and I put it in manual mode trying to get the light right, and I did at the beginning, I was trying not to get blown out, and I thought that there was a cloud covered to diffuse the sun and be fine, and I kind of tweaked it for a while and it worked great. But then I forgot it was on manual mode, so when the sun went down, the ISO wasn't high enough. Oh yeah, So when I went back there and switched it to autel, it was like whoa, we're good.
Speaker 1: Yep, okay, so we turned the transceiver off. I've got the it's a little micro st card here.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm hmm.
Speaker 1: I think it goes in this way, doesn't it. Yeah, I did it correctly the first time. Oh my god. Okay, now that's going so updating the field head only. Okay, so there's a there's an update to the Optima as well. I'm not gonna do that right now that one's in.
Speaker 2: So you said this was the second update. There was a question correct related.
Speaker 1: To how to do the updates, and I have a whole video on that.
Speaker 2: Well, no, not how to do them, but the order did this say at the top of the release saying you had to do the previous update first, or you should be able just to up from the factory that came on to this one.
Speaker 1: Let me, that's a very that's a very good question. Important notes. I'm supposed to.
Speaker 2: Anywhere.
Speaker 1: There's nothing it doesn't It doesn't say one way or the other. Okay, so it does not say one way or the other. I think you it's always safer to go step by step.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't if they don't call it out. I think you'd be fine going on.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, And in theory that should be right. In theory, that should be right. But you're not gonna you might or might not harm it going straight to the newest one. You absolutely will not harm it going step by step in series, and it doesn't take very long at all. It doesn't take very long to update this firmware. So I would go step by step. But you guys, do whatever you want to and that's up to you. Okay, remove the battery, then connect to an external power source. Okay, we're the good there. Insert the Myceto SD card with the written firmware and Mike car okay, good pressing Q, VM and m V, which are these three buttons here on the top, hit the power button and the firmware update date screen appears. So we're gonna press let's see yep, memory memory, VM and Q and B these three right here, and we're gonna power it on. Okay, and now it says insert latest version firm resty card, touch the screen to continue. Okay, uh do, But but in the intend it said this last time too, do not touch the screen, proceed to next step. So the radio is telling you to touch the screen, and then the firmware update says, do not do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, did not touch the screen after the firmwors has started updating.
Speaker 1: No, no, no no. So when you first boot it up, you see this, Okay, it says, insert latest version firmware SD card that's already in the radio. Touch screen to continue.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, so did you did you have to do like a call.
Speaker 1: To I did I? Did I press? I pressed these three buttons at the same time and powered it on. That's where we are now. But the instructions correct. But the instructions clearly say do not touch the screen. Turn the function knob clockwise five clicks or more, and the Yaesu bootloader screen appears. So that's what we're gonna do. Right here, We're gonna turn this function knob. There we go Yaesu bootloader. And there we are. So the top one is display ready, the second one is main which is not checked. And then the DSPNSDR say no such file okay, and the instructions say, make sure make sure I got the right screen. Make sure the display shows a check mark. Do not mark anything other than display. This is what we did the first time. Okay, so the display is marked and he wants me to click update. The update protest indicators display the firm of transfer begins. Wait until the progress is finished. So we're gonna hit right there, this one's check marked. I'm gonna hit update. Do not turn off power. You can see the indicator right there at the top. Don't touch the freaking screen that touch the touch screen right there, it's going.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for you to touch it with something break Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. So that's that's not taken too long. Okay. When the update is complete, the power is automatically turned off, unplugged the DC chord, then reconnect the DC chord. Okay, so it rebooted itself. Powers automatically turned on, proceeded. It's step twelve. Okay, so I'm gonna unplug it it. It tells me that the power is turned off, and it says to unplug it and replug it. So that's what I'm gonna do, even though it came back on by itself. Okay, they're right there. Turn power on. Okay, we're gonna go here. So, so, if the current main former is version is different than zero one zero zero, start from step eleven, turn the trancy ron press and hold the function. We'll go back there. Go to extension settings and go to software version and you can clearly see right here software version touches d card okay if okay, So it says if the main firmware version is different than zero one zero zero main firmware, and it is. It's different than zero one zero zero it's zero one zero four. Start from step eleven. So step eleven here says to go right there, go to extension setting, touch sd card touches d card okay, and then click on firmware update and it says done, and then it'll bring you this screen and everything should be checkbox indicates from her to be updated. If there's no such file, there's no target, touch update to get and it lets you do them all at the same time. So we're gonna go over here and we're gonna look. So we're gonna we're on the SD card screen here, We're gonna touch Oops, no that shoot back, okay, come on my fault. Okay, go to firm or update and click on done from our update. That is what it said right from her update that yes, okay. There goes file checking okay, and it says it whatever is. A list of firm restored on the SD card is displayed and it says you can check everything that's available. You can see that the DSP and SDR are not available on this update, but this one is. The display and the main are both available. It says to click on update update okay. Do not turn off power processes and indicator okay. Progress indicators displayed when the former transfer begains wait until it was When the update is complete, powers are automatically turned off and then turned on again. Now it told me that last time. It told me it would turn on again by itself, but it did not. And then once this is done, we have to reset the transceiver, which is going to wipe out all of your memory channels, which I don't have any of those.
Speaker 2: Problem there was no way to back them up on the SD code.
Speaker 1: You know what. I think there probably is, but I didn't look at that because and that those instructors are not in the firm updates. Maybe they should add that, but I didn't have anything saved in memory anyway, so I didn't care. I didn't even I didn't even look.
Speaker 2: At Some people care that they do a lot on those radios.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree, I agree, I agree with you, but I don't care because I didn't have anything. I had one channel saved before I did the first firm or update, and it wiped it out when I did the firm update after I did the reset, so I haven't put any channels in. In fact, I don't even think i've used this the thing since then. So don remember the firmware update was not written in C plus plus, so it's safe to run. That's between you, and that's between you and don uh m hmm. All right, so that's still going there. All right, Frank, Here's something I was gonna ask you, and we kind of rolled into this quickly. Have you heard from TECHSAR at all about the Central Texas thing?
Speaker 2: I have not yet because I am technically still disabled on their their lists, so I haven't got a lot of their stuff. They probably are if their request and help is a good uh. The texts ARE is a Texas Research for Rescue group and they do deploy around Texas for search and rescues. They have boats. This will be great because for them because they are active in boat rescue, they have flit swift water rescue and also a lot of Ham radios well, also a lot of radio stuff on the commercial bands. But yeah, Ham Radio just for me tied in it very well.
Speaker 1: So I spoke to Josh Johnston, who is the A Double RL Emergency Coordinator MCom coordinator. I think I'm butchering his title, but he's basically in charge of MCom stuff for the A double RL. I spoke to him at Ham Cash in February of this year and I was like, dude, I want to get you on the channel because because of all the flooding issues that I'm sorry, the hurricane issue that happened in North Carolina last year. We brought on those guys who were in the area, including Thomas k four SWO and that other gentlemen whose name escapes me right now. But I talked to Josh about that at him Kashan, I said, I want to get you in the channel. I want to learn about what we can do to get the word out when radio operators are needed post disasters like this and He's like, yeah, that's a great idea. Let's let's get together after him casion, and then we just never did, which is my fault. I should have followed up with him, and I didn't see.
Speaker 2: See the hard thing is, and because I've done a little bit of Red Cross training, I have done all the EOC trainings and Mercy Operations Center how how they work, and been helped out with the EOC and Tarrett County, the EOC and hers. I'm just patting my credentials here and Texas. The first thing they tell you about any of these things is never, never, ever, ever self deploy. Do not go out there and be like I'm here as a HAM radio operator and I want to do X. You know what, They're going to tell you to go home, get out of there. They don't want you, they don't want to hear about you. You're not credentialed and just them. So the best thing is to get in touch with an organization that does something like that. So, because there are nine times out of ten going to go to these organizations, and Red Cross has radio satellites and other things that you deploy with and hand. Radios go hand in hand with a lot of those operations, and yes, we could use hand bands and everything as part of emergency communications because if it's you know, emergency, a lot of our worlds go out the window. There's OXO in Texas and some other states arts COM auxiliary communications. I had that certification ten years ago and never really done anything with it because at the State of Texas dropped it for a while. They did bring it back, but I didn't go back and do all the classes. And that's kind of like an amateur radio operator can fold into the LCOM or l COM and and there's another one and and go in and help out stand up some communication of repeaters and things, and just kind of more of a grunt on the ground. They're not doing the emergency band plans and all the other things that go along with it, but they're just kind of like a technician out there to kind of hand out radio make sure things are working, and that fold easily into the the eoc's operation plans. I'm forgetting what the actual names is because it's been a while, but yeah, that's the best thing you can do.
Speaker 1: Yes, other than I agree, I agree, I just I think that I think that it's important to I would like to. I would like to know if there are any organizations that are because I haven't. I haven't gotten any word from anybody about any thing going on, and I know it's probably just because I haven't signed up on the right list somewhere, and I would like to learn more, and this this could be a topic for a future video. I would like to learn more about how to get notified when these types of deployments are needed able. L's one source. Tech Star is one source, and there's you know, there's multiple other sources out there.
Speaker 2: But I reach out to red Cross. Red Cross would be my stuff.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, and I did red Cross for a while and uh Roger Katie five UJL he was in charge of our Red Cross chapter here and I'm good friends with him and he was in that for a while. But okay, so what it says after all that, it says reset. The next step is reset the transceiver see page nine. And then it goes through this other thing about this opt OPT option to update again, which I don't have that I just looked and I don't have that. But it says to reset the transceiver first. So let's set the transceiver see page nine. Turn off the transceiver while pressing back and find fast that keeps. Simultaneously turn the transceiver on. The frequency displays one on the subband and seven megahertz on the main band. So transceiver's off right there. We're gonna press these two buttons right here on the bottom power it on, and there you go one and seven megaherts. Okay. There, this completes the firmware update process. Okay, so now I'm gonna go. I'm gonna press I'm gonna see if that option shows up, because right here it's telling me to do something else for this uh SD card firmer update. And then this opt, this opt at the bottom of the list says check this one and do that and run that one. So I'm gonna see if that's even an option in here. If it's not, I'm not gonna worry about it.
Speaker 2: So there's answer somethings I saw in the chat. It said operators just get on the repeaters and help out each other, and that is one of the great things. And it's something I just thought of. If you're if there's a RACIS group in your yes, yeah, right, definitely, because the races are already folded into the city or county emergency communication plans, and they have plans on what to do, where to go, how to coordinate. There's already a structure there. But if cert it's another good one. They're not really amateur radio oriented, but there's radio aspects like techs are that you can help out with their.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So I'm not getting this opt option that it's mentioning right here. I don't see that option. I don't see that at all. And somebody, did you the bug killer? Did you roove the st car? No?
Speaker 2: I did not.
Speaker 1: It's still in there, so and it's seeing the same updates again. So I'm just not gonna worry about this. I don't know why it's telling me to do that, because that is not showing up as an option in this update. So we're not gonna we're not gonna worry about that right now. But if we go back here, cancel and I go to software version, Nope, there we go. So now we're on display one oh one O two, Main is OH one O four, DSP is oh one oh one. That one didn't change, SDR is on OH one O three, and DST is on USA. So we'll go back here and then well it didn't work, okay, Uh back band ab let's see uh which one which button is out? Okay? Well all right, I'm gonna just change the band here two I forget which there it is to okay, And now I just want to go into the APRS menu and see if, if if it's changed. So I'm gonna go here and APRS station list, which is there's not anything in there, and message list so now you can Okay, there's no messages in there, so there's not much you can do there. So I gotta I'm gonna have to tinker around with the APRS and see about about actually sending messages. So APRS setting, setting beacon filter, APR setting APRS beacon APRS filter. That was all there before, but well we're gonna have to tinker around with that. So supposedly that was updated. We'll see, we'll see how that works. What's up, Dave? I was just talking about you earlier, dude, KB five U t y Dave. So But yeah, so that's that. Okay. So the next part is too, I'm gonna install these things.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 1: This is the Bluetooth adapter. I want to do that. One second, and do that one last.
Speaker 2: This is the this is the what so are these modules going into the radio and like an adapter slot or are they just attached outside kind of stupidly.
Speaker 1: The blue Yeah, the bluetooth goes inside the radio. The GPS dongle here, this guy goes on the outside, so stupidly. So yeah, yeah, something that can break off easily, something that can.
Speaker 2: Doesn't even fit there off the buttons. Oh there it goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah it does. It fits. So nothing came up on the h nothing came up on the screen.
Speaker 2: Is this a Pacific GPS dongle?
Speaker 1: This is a yes, this is the I got this from Giga Parts. This is the Yazoo f GPS DASH five GPS antenna unit.
Speaker 2: Can use any type of GPS unit or.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't know. That's a good question. That's that's a that's a good question. So it's possibly I don't know, possibly not, but that's the one for that. So we don't have anything there, Okay, So I'm gonna take that out for the set for the moment, and uh, there we go, and then I'm gonna turn it up like this because the bluetooth module, which I also got, goes right here. Inside of this so in the Bluetooth module we got and it says that, it said, so, so I look, there's paperwork that comes with the Bluetooth module, and it said, or no, that's the that's the wrong one. Paperwork that comes with the Bluetooth module. It says, look in the manual to determine how to install it, which it's pretty easy to find in the manual. It's back here on page seventy eight, and it says, remove this. Uh, let's see make sure I got that in the screen there. Remove this cover here, which is this cover I just took off this guy right here, and it says, there's a plot. There's a double sided tape that you apply which comes with the Bluetooth module, the Bluetooth unit, and a separate cover. So all of that is in this package right here. Let's see double sided tape right there, stuck to the inside there it is. Okay, double sided tape right there, Bluetooth module right here, and then an extra cover. So this cover that comes off, you're you're not going to use that anymore. Okay, You're going to use this extended cover. It's a little bit deeper.
Speaker 2: I like how they did that's that's sweet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, kind of neat. I mean the argument could be made that it should have had that. Yeah, yeah, it should have I'm gonna turn the power off. It doesn't say, oh yeah, it does, turn the transceiver off. I need to read turn the transceiver off, remove the bluetooth unit, apply the uh I could I could well the batteries out. It's connected to external power, right, UNPLU like it. Yeah, so apply the double stick tape right there. Okay, it's just like a good okay. And then the bluetooth module which goes like uh, it plugs in. It's odd, seems like it would go this way where this plug is on it. And then this guy right here right there. I don't know that says to put that double sided tape in a weird spot, but I guess that's right. It's all together. It's plugged in. So now try this right. See if the bluetooth shows up as an option in the menu. Yeah, all right, totten here man sweating. Okay, I don't like to Texas. Yeah, no kidding, no kidding. I don't have any idea where the let's see, uh, operation setting, radio setting, no operation setting. Let's see nope. I guess I could look at the manual extension setting. Okay. Oh, that's where you can find out if the GPS is working or not. Okay, apees setting. Okay, so let's look at the manual and see where the no magic smoked on says, I guess I did something right. Okay. For additional details on bluetoth functions, refer to the Advanced Manual, which may be downloaded from the Okay, So there's not even anything in here about bluetooth. You have to go to the Advanced manual. The Advanced Manual, so I assume it's in there correctly. But I don't see anything in the menu of the radio too that does anything with Bluetooth. You would think it'd be an option in here now operations setting general, Okay, nope, come on, oh Bluetooth. Okay, so under operation setting, under option and Bluetooth done. I don't know what this does. Let's see if something blows up, Bluetooth is off and I can there we go there it is right there. I found it without the manual. So yeah, so okay, so I had to turn it on. Yeah, Russell says, see if your phone can find it. I figured that you'd have to turn it on though, so BLUEO. Yeah, so Bluetooth, I can turn it on, and I wouldn't be able to turn it on if the module would installed. So there we go. All right, more to come on that later. I'm not going to go through the whole Bluetooth thing right now, but we have Bluetooth in this radio now, so I'm happy. So let's see. I want to see if I'm not sure I got all these? Ah these what all these firmware updates? Honestly, because it's uh, there's a function on extension setting sd card done, turn the transceive your own extension setting. I just want to uh, sd card done firmware update. Here we go. There we go checking, yep, that's all the ones that are there. Huh. It seems like there should be more than that, but I don't know. Let me see if I can find and a what should the versions be after this update type thing? It doesn't really say right there because it says it has x's in the in the and the file names here, So Maine underscore v x x x x, display, I, f D, s P, SDR and control and all five of those files are on this card and there's okay, here we go. So Maine one O four one O one O four and soctware version okay, Maine is O one O four yep. Uh f t X one, display is one O two yep. F P, uh d s P is oh one O two. Okay. So the DSP didn't update. I f D s P is oh one. Oh, I don't have that one in here, and control is V one one one okay, So I don't know what that oh you know what that might that might be stuff for the Optima because it did say that there was Optima updates also, so I may have to do the Optima update to get the rest of this stuff going.
Speaker 2: But the.
Speaker 1: Which one was it? The I f DSP No, yep, that one's correct. That one's correct. The I f D s P. There's two I f DSPs so sd I f D s P and the SDR. The SDR should be O one O it's O one O three. But yeah, so I'm probably gonna have to connect this to the Optima and perform the update again because it does mention about the Optima. It says right here, it says, uh, let's see the la la la la. That download that reading about the optima right here, updating the FTX one optima, connect the field head to the external power source, and then and sorry, and then follow these steps again. So I'm gonna have to do that. I'll do that. I'll do I don't have my optimis inside right now, so I'll have to do that later. Opt will not installed with the Optima being yes, Jeff, I kind of. I thank you for the clarification. That's what I was assuming. Opt will not install without the Optima being connected. So that's that'll be okay. So I'll do that next time because it's the same steps that we already did. It's just I would connect this to the Optima and have more options there. That makes sense. That makes sense, So there you go back. Okay, but successful installation of the software for the head unit at least, and then I'll do the optima. I might do it later tonight or I might do it tomorrow or something like that. But yeah, so the Bluetooth is installed, that's successful, and we've got I'm gonna put the GPS back in. Yeah, this GPS, this thing is gonna freaking break, man, It's gonna somebody's gonna somebody's gonna break that off. I thought having no internal GPS would be much more preferred.
Speaker 2: Do you want to answer this versus that radio question? Sure?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: All right? What question? This is from formal formal Pluto. I like the name. Silly question, he asked, But for someone looking into a new q RP radio, why would someone get the FT one X over the IC seven five?
Speaker 1: You know? I think the answer to that will depend on the person, because some people wouldn't. You know, if you're an ICOM guy, you're gonna the ICOM radio. If you're a here we go. If you're a it's not picking up my position yet, but it might after a few minutes. So if you're an Icom guy, you might want the icon. If you're a Yazu guy, you might want the Yazoo. But the the icon has d star and this has fusion. That might be an option for you. The icon does not do APRS. This does especially now, this does a PRS now if you want to do a PRS that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: The icon does not have a hundred white amp that you can attach to it, not specifically made for it. Anyway, of course, you can attach any hundred of what amp you want to. But yeah, but it doesn't have a it doesn't have a specific IC seven or five amplifier. Neither one of them have a built in tuner. The seven O five does have built in Bluetooth, Wi Fi and GPS, so that's a thing. I don't know the the The answer to that is going to depend on you. What do you want? When the IC seven O five was brand new, it was the same price as this FTX one radio. But again it comes with Bluetooth, GPS and Wi Fi. So, but it does not do APRS like this one will. So, but I would reflash the st card with the files. Four files should have installed during the update on that configure. That's a good one, Wayne, ft X one optima versus ftd X ten, which one ftd X ten.
Speaker 2: It's what do you want? What do you? What do you want?
Speaker 1: Yeah, same question.
Speaker 2: TB ten is much heavier. This is a smaller form factor, it has newer processing. Does it have more filters?
Speaker 1: But the but the but the Sherwood reports rates the ten higher than this radio, so the receiver run that, Yeah it does. Yeah, this one's actually pretty far down on the Sherwood reports for a YAZ radio. So yeah, if you if you don't care about vhf UHF ol mode or fusion or a pr S, if you just want to really really kick ass HF radio, get the ft d X ten. It's cheaper. It's cheaper than this whole setup anyway. But this adds more features like everything I just named. Vhf UHF all mode. Do f T eight CW single sideband on VHF u HF. You can do fusion, you can do APR, APRS speaking, APRS, messaging, all that kind of good stuff. So yeah, all right, so let's so let me format. I'm gonna format the SD card, which I didn't do this today because I did last time and when I took the card out of the radio, it was still in the radio. The card was still in the radio. Took the card out of the radio, put it in the computer, drag the new files over to it, put it in there, and you guys watched me do everything after that. So okay, so that's a good suggestion. Whoever made that, uh, whoever said that a minute ago? There should be four files on there. Okay, so let's do it just because, just because, just for the heck of it, right, So I'm gonna take this out. Oh boy, there we go. Okay, put this in here. Nope, not that one. Where'd it go? There? It is reflash that okay. So that's a formatted card there, okay, FTX one folder copy okay, and now all of the files. There's five files display, I, FDSP, Main, SDR, and control and again some of those are for the optima. Okay, so I take that out, put this back in here. I'm gonna power this off. This back in here, and we're going to minimize that. All right, yes, well, pressing these three power on there's that turn this until it gets there. M hm, remove st card, yazy bootloaders, no such file, okay, hold on, insert ladies for okay, remove sd card. Doesn't like that. All it says is removed. There's no there's no such file on any of them, and it says remove sd card. Interesting, Yeah, try that again. I don't new this. This this it's an external power source for good there and certain latest versionsy card. You can't touch the screen, it says, remove st card. No. I didn't like that. I didn't have to gracefully remove this last time. Ejected from Windows. But maybe that's it.
Speaker 2: Normally I don't have to.
Speaker 1: No, you don't have to do that with modern Windows boxes. But let's see it pops up. Okay, all those files are still on there after it popped up. Let's eject it just for the heck of it.
Speaker 2: But if that when, if that was the issue, it would have corrupted everything on it.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: Yes, you ain't reinjecting it. You're probably right just by putting in there, checking the file folder structure, that would be all corrupt.
Speaker 1: Yes, there we gollop helloo eh, okay, problems solmuch Jason, Yes they are in the root. Ron, good evening, Ron. How are you hf digital modes via Bluetooth? I would hope so do the reset. I did the reset. I could do it again. Okay, yep. Does not like that. Doesn't like that for whatever reason. Let's reset it again for the heck of it. I mean, I've reset it once already, but we'll we've said it again. It's not gonna lose anything. D d well, turn transceiver off. We're pressing back and find fast. Turn the transceiver on frequency displayed. Boom. Okay, that that should be the reset mm hmm. And then we're gonna do this. Okay, I'm going to remove the power and put it back in. For the heck of it, there's that, this, this, this, turn that on. Nope, still doesn't like that. So for whatever reason it doesn't. It already flashed it successfully once. It only updated the main and the the display, nothing else. And for whatever reason, it doesn't want to read that file again. So perhaps I will get it. Perhaps I will get it trying to get another eddor I just did that. I just reformatted the card in the radio, took the card out, put it in the computer, drug the files over to it again, and uh.
Speaker 2: Maybe it seems the same firmware it's already on there.
Speaker 1: Well, it's possible, it's possible. It just said, yeah, maybe there's no updates to be had. It's certainly possible. Yep. And how do you where's the main button? I forgot? I forgot there was a let's see there it is. Okay, there we go. That's how you do it. Okay, those buttons there. So I just wanted to get back to the two meter side. Okay, So we uh do a save to the SD card to create the file structure. Well, you don't have to. When you when you format it, it creates the file structure itself. And I know that because both times today and the last time I did that. You format it, you take it out of the radio, you put it in a computer, and when it pops up in Windows, it has an ftx one folder in the root directory. So when it formats it, it creates the file structure itself. That's the reason you format. And it says in the instruction. The first thing it says is format a new SD card. Well, I already did that, because this is my second time to update firmware. So I had a formatted SD card in there already that I successfully updated firmware with. So I just used that same st card, drag the files over to it, and you guys watched earlier it's it did update. I don't think it updated everything, but it's possible that we just haven't updated everything because the optim is not connected. So more so I will work on that. Don says, I had this problem the files go in the ft x one folder. Well that's not what the instructions say. I think they did say, and not no they don't either. Watch look right here now. I'm not saying you're wrong, Don, because there's been a couple there was a couple of things in the first and the first firm or update that we're not correct. Oh where did it go? I lost it? Here it is, okay, right here, it says, well, actually, you know what, I'm reading that wrong, the folder configuration formata. I am reading that wrong. It does say to put it in the ftx one folder. Okay, Well, I guess trust the Java guy, I guess I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, see guy, And I thought I pointed that out earlier to you, but you're like no, right on.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, okay, yeah, and that's I'm really pretty sure that it was the root folder last time. Okay, So maybe I read that wrong. Maybe I did eh. Okay, all right, so let's get rid of these just for the heck of it. Yes, bump, okay, let's put these here. Copy over there. Okay, there we go. Now, now they're in the ftx one folder. Okay, maybe I've read Okay, so I read it wrong. I'm pretty sure it didn't say that last time, but maybe I don't remember. You know how much I've done, how many videos I've done since that last time? Okay, So now let us okay, so we're still here and and let's uh nope, let's do this this this power this on. Okay, over there, Okay, now we have okay, so display says no such file. Now we have main DSPN SDR. So it took the display update already, Yeah, because the display is supposed to be one of four according to these instructions here. According to this, the displays one O four and that's what we're at. So we're just gonna do this this, this, and we're gonna say update, do not turn off power. Okay, all right, don says Jason. I read it wrong. Also, okay, all right, good well it's not just me then. You guys didn't know this was going to be an episode of Nuggets, did you. H Mmmm? All right, so we're gonna let we're gonna wait for that, but yes, uh. Circling back to our No, I'm not on the battery, Tim, Tim's DMR. I'm on external power. Took the battery off a while ago. Uh, let's see what was I gonna say?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Circling back to the tech to the search and rescue conversation a little bit ago, if anyone has any information about the Texas flooding and ham radio operators volunteering and helping and in some sort of organized capacity for that. Please email me. You can put it in the chat and I'm probably not gonna see it. Email me k C five h tw at gmail dot com because I'd like to know about that. So we're gonna wait for this to finish, and then we're gonna probably shut this down shortly and we're gonna move over to the other channel. Oh okay, if I had money, i'd be down there helping you out. Well, see, and I've gotten I was out of town all last week when it was first going on, and I was watching some chats that I'm involved in and watching some people talk about situation down there. But I don't Again, I'm not gonna just drive down there and show up. I want to be part of an organized effort or something. So I want to if something like that exists for him, even if it's not for him, Mary. I mean, like, if they just need volunme tears for whatever I'm not, it doesn't have to be him radio. I did get an email from Starlink that Elon Musk is turning Starlink on for people in the affected area. And not charging for it. So if you have a Starlink dish in the affected area, you can use it without use it for free right now, So check with vern six. That's a good, good, good. Yeah. I don't know how close he is. He's a lot closer to it than I am. Link to other channel. I'll share that in a minute, Jeff, I.
Speaker 2: Do see that TECHSAR itself is actively being deployed down there, are they? Yeah? And if you want to help sponsor them, they have a donation button at the bottom. Then if you're looking to volunteer with them, there's uh, that would be volunteer information. But they are completely volunteer organization where you fund yourself going through and getting certifications and getting your gear, and it is a real search of rescue group.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is Greg still leading that for this chapter.
Speaker 2: He's not leading it for the chapter anymore, but he's still a part of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay. The Cajun Navy is there.
Speaker 2: Huh, I'm not talking about them.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is.
Speaker 2: They are a loose, loosely assembled group that they say that they are a big group, and they really cause more chaos then they do help people, don't get me wrong, but there's been a lot of chaos around them. But they are a group of self deploying people.
Speaker 1: Oh well, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: It's there's just the Cajun Navy is a loose term that people with folts go out there and you're like, with the Cajun Navy, no way of contacting each other. They they use zel on the phone. Yeah, they use zello. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, so they're communicating via Zello. But when you go to a place that has no data, how's that going to work for you?
Speaker 1: Well, everywhere has data. Let's if you listen to anybody with UH that says that HAM radio's obsolete, then that's what they tell you. So okay, uh Jody, Yeah, that was kind of that was kind of my point. My thinking. Video opportunity would be good to cover current weather alert radio is, especially how SAM enabled radios. Yep. You could also check with your church. They may know ways to help.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe that's again, Yeah, just look for a radio organization that is already out there and it's established and get get with them. Uh TECHSAR is the big one in Texas that does a lot of search and rescue. I know some churches do have a radio affiliation that will be able to deploy if if requested. Last thing you want to do is just drive down there, Sam here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, no, that's that's it's not what I was looking for.
Speaker 2: I know it's not what you're looking for. I'm just reiterating, right, you're right, No, you're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: M hmm.
Speaker 2: Now, if you're in the affected area, just get on a radio and if you can help figure out something right on the radio, just just don't go down there. If you're safe and put you in this position where you might need to be rescued and or you do something stupid, then then that is the issue.
Speaker 1: Gotcha, Beatle Bailey. You've got the highlighted name in the chat, so I assume you have a I have the same thing for my channel, so assume you have a confirmed channel. I tried to look it up. I didn't really see it under your name, but I probably just missed it. I'm trying to do three things at once.
Speaker 2: Welcome Tomorrow world.
Speaker 1: The main is finished, the DSP is almost done, and the str is weddar. Okay, so it's.
Speaker 2: Interesting allows you to reflash it, and I guess that is a feature you do want. Maybe it's a bad take or anything. Yeah, And it's good for them for allowing it, because I was wondering if they were just kicking it off and be like no, no, no, you got it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm yep. Verified. Yes, that's the word I was looking for. I have the same thing. I've verified it when I get down on other people's channels that shows up in the gray highlight, also with the check mark verified channel, because why not. I like to be verified. I don't like to just show up at places like Frank doesh uh uh? Are you gonna Are you gonna smoke this week? Frank?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking Tuday. There's a little complication I'll tell you in the back end, but I'm thinking tuesday.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, So we're almost there, and I'm gonna do a reset again after this update, because it tells you do these updates and then do a reset. I've already reset it twice. But who cares. It doesn't I'm not intersteller Storm, and I am non verified and want to keep it that way. I'm not I'm not sure if it's a good thing that YouTube verifies you or not, but it is a thing. It's a thing I did a couple of years ago.
Speaker 2: Am I verified you're not.
Speaker 1: But you know what, in my area, show it that way because you're a mod on my channel. It may show it differently because you're a mod on my channel.
Speaker 2: I'm odd on most people's channels that we all know. So interesting.
Speaker 1: It is like radio.
Speaker 2: Man, right, it's been a.
Speaker 1: While man since date he was at Dayton this year again? Yeah soue. Okay for those two of you who were not here in the beginning, this is my Amazon store. Amazon Prime Day starts on Tuesday, boom, and I will be live streaming on Tuesday, so check the email list hand radio two dot com forward slash email Dash sign up or my text messaging list hand radio two dot com forward slash text me, all run together, text me. I will be live streaming about Prime Day on Tuesday and probably again later in the week as well. But Prime Day is coming up in two days, so we'll be live on this channel again in about two days. Thank you for using the link that I just shared, because it does help to support the channel. It is an affiliate link, all right. So let's go back here and do the reset, because why not yeah, show it who's boss. And I think ED said, let's see do the reset blah blah blah. Okay, power it off. Okay, so we're not doing the optima because we don't have the optima right now. So power it off, hold these two down, power it back on, and it comes back up to the dual display seven megahertz. Boom, there it is. Okay. Now if we go into the menu extension software version, okay, that that does look better. Display is one oh one O two, main oh one O five, that's different, DSP is oh one O two, that's different, SDR z oh one O four, And I think I think that's the what matches here? Which one Which screen was it that said what the actual versions were? Yes, okay, Maine one O four Actually that's later. Not display is a one O two yep, DSP one O two yep, SDR uh four yep. Okay, So all that's good. All that's good. There you go. Okay, so now we're successful. Now we're successful with the latest update, and there you go, and we're going to go there and that's my display how I like to see it. There we go, all right, So thank you don for the tip. Yeah, yeah, we both read it wrong. But hey, you know what, that's why it's called amateur radio. So we're all good man, all good? So okay, so it'd be interesting. You see, I want to take this thing out to Potam maybe sometime this week. I might go out to PoTA this week. We'll see. I got a couple of things going. And then heck, I think I'm gonna take this to our trip, Frank, I think I'm gonna bring this with us on our trip. That way we can kind of tinker with it. I might even have Kyle do some CW on it, just to tell me how what he thinks about it, and uh and go from there. So good deal. But yeah, got the Bluetooth installed, got the uh, got the little dongle for the GPS here, which is I think might be troublesome. You're gonna have to take that out. You're gonna have to take that out and not leave it in so it doesn't break, and then take it out and put it somewhere so you don't lose it. So but you only need that, really, well, I shouldn't say that. I was gonna say you only need that if you're gonna do APRS but that's not true. If you're gonna do some FT eight, then you need GPS. Also, you need time with eight. So that might be a really good time sink thing for for FT eight. So we'll see. But yeah, okay, so we're gonna we're gonna move over to the other channel and we're going to talk about this is my r V base camp chat. It looks like Cooley's already over there, and here is the link right there. We're gonna talk about r V base camp chat. It's called r V base camp. We're gonna talk about where to get water while on the road with your van and your RV. And we're gonna we're gonna move over there. So give me about five to eight minutes to reset up everything and then I will see you guys over there. Frank, any parting words.
Speaker 2: Be safe out there. I know we talked a lot about helping out in disasters. If you're in the disaster area and you're safe and able to provide a radio assistance to others, then great, go ahead and do that, but please don't self deploy. If you want to help, I'm gonna it's too late for this disaster. Join one of these organizations, so you be ready for the next one. That and that's all I really want to say. I'm Frank, and I'm Frank Tank Radio. Head over to Tank Radio to find more about me. And also I do have talking about my life events. I'm over on to be Frank and that's just talking about life and that's two videos a week and just yep, goals and weeks stuff and how how how just how I'm doing. Yeah, that's that's about it. And there's Tank Radio stuff over on Jason's site. So if you want to help support me, buy some stuff.
Speaker 1: Or great great great fine Amateur radio dot com. Yeah, my my mystery Box subscriptions just renewed a couple of yesterday yesterday in the day before, so those are gonna be going out later this week as well. So seventy three guys hope to see you on the live stream on Tuesday for Amazon Prime Day and on the r V base camp chat here in about five to eight minutes, So seventy three Bye later.