Speaker 1: Sports Page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine.
Speaker 2: In the games, Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI Jr. R.
Speaker 3: Bulldog Sports Page brought you by Koffin and Lynd Injury Attorneys.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Mike Beyonki, Good morning, How are you doing good?
Speaker 4: I'm excited today we're gonna have UCF coach Gus Malzon on our show at eight point thirty as a couple of UCF alumnus. I'm curious what you guys think about the season. Obviously, UCF opens their season tomorrow night at the Bounce House against New Hampshire, a team they should roll over. So Gus had his first losing season ever as a head coach last year six and seven, after they lost their bowl game. Personally, I thought just making a bowl game in the first year in the Big twelve was a pretty good accomplishment. I'm curious, though, what, as UCF fans, how many wins do you think they need to have this year for you guys to be satisfied?
Speaker 2: Would seven or eight be too high?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 5: No? No, I don't think so. I want to go with eight wins. I'd love to see eight wins.
Speaker 4: Eight wins, so that would that would keep you satisfied they went eight and four.
Speaker 5: I mean, like you said, I was satisfied last season. What about you, Lench, I will.
Speaker 3: Be satisfied if they win all the games they should win, and perhaps maybe one or two that they're underdogs in.
Speaker 4: I think they're gonna have a good I think they're gonna be really good. I think kJ Jefferson, their beastly quarterback who transferred from Arkansas.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna have a big year.
Speaker 4: I think they could win nine I did all right. I think they could finish, you know, fourth in the Big Twelve. I'm not saying they're gonna win the Big Twelve. I think they could win nine games this year. So we'll see what happens. But I sort of agree with Taco Bob. If they could win eight games, you know, finish five hundred in the league in their second year, I think that'd be okay. I mean, they got they have two humpty dumpties to start the season, so that's two gimme wins.
Speaker 3: Well a lot of times, so yeah, these days, you got to don't ever let your guard down.
Speaker 5: And at the end of the day, dog as alumnus. I can't speak for Pat, but as two alums, I hope that our uh the nil money that we contributed, you know, to pull some of these people, I hope.
Speaker 2: I hope it goes to good use.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, Speaking of college football, this is for for the college football historians out there. So this is the forty year anniversary of the nineteen eighty four Florida Gators team that won a school first SEC title was later stripped away for rampant cheating. Florida has always sort of disassociated itself from that team. Well, they're gonna honor that team on homecoming this year again, the forty year anniversary. The team was coached by the late Charlie Pell, who was fired amid a huge NCAA investigation. The Gators were hammered for all sorts of violations back then. What do you guys think about that? They're going to honor the team now. I went back and looked at some of the violations.
Speaker 2: Is this the old time heals all wounds mentality?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it's more that, Hey, college football has changed. Reggie Bush is getting his highsman trophy back. And I went and looked at some of the violations back then, boosters were banned from the program. One booster was banned from the program for giving a player fifty dollars for washing against car And here, how about this one and delivering some beef to the player.
Speaker 2: So yeah, send them, send him a bunch of beef to their home. Seems trying to mild by today's standards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it does. So I'm actually sort of glad they're doing this.
Speaker 3: Hey, I want to give you guys a heads up on something also college football related. Make sure you watch the new Netflix documentary Connor Stallions Fantastic signing guy.
Speaker 1: Was the big fat liar. He lies about everything. You have to watch it. I'm just telling you for entertainment purposes, you should watch.
Speaker 3: This all right?
Speaker 2: Does everything? He is everything he's saying, there a lie.
Speaker 3: I watched the documentary. I think you'll be surprised. Pull dog.
Speaker 4: I've read the stories about it. Mark Daniels has watch did he says?
Speaker 2: He says?
Speaker 4: He tells the n C double investigators. Uh, I don't recall if I was on the sidelines at Central Mission.
Speaker 1: What what you don't recall? Dave Portnoy does he Basically he's a huge Michigan guy. You know, how long is this? What's so entertaining about it?
Speaker 3: It's just it's it's fascinating, and hey, end result, there isn't going to be any more sign stealing because they got in helmet communications starting this year.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: Out of that comes some good I guess.
Speaker 4: By the way, the n c A, speaking of the nc double A, they are there's a proposal out there now.
Speaker 2: You guys will be glad to hear this.
Speaker 3: I are in twenty seven minutes by the way, talking.
Speaker 2: Okay, below tacks on. That's almost two episodes of Below tax.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, dog, Yeah, they're going to there's a proposal out there now. They're gonna eliminate the spring transfer portal in college football. So there'll only be one transfer portal in college football, and that'll be in December, after the seasons over, so you can't you're not gonna be able to If this proposal passes, players won't be able to transfer in April, so there'll be one transfer portal.
Speaker 2: But then again, I'm sure somebody will sue.
Speaker 4: The play will back down, yep, and yeah, so that'll yeah, that'll probably be overturning the courts.
Speaker 3: Hey, NFL rosters trim to fifty three yesterday, Bulldog.
Speaker 4: That's right, No real big surprises within the state of Florida. Odell Beckham Junior down at Miami, he's on the pup list. What's no big surprise he's not going to play for at least the first four games. But no real big surprises as far as cuts within the state of Florida.
Speaker 3: Anything else before we wrap her up this morning, mister dog.
Speaker 4: Uh Well, the NFL is now a lot allowing private equity to invest in their teams. They've never done that before, so these private equity firms can now invest in the NFL teams.
Speaker 3: Washington Commanders renaming their stadium to Northwest Stadium no longer will be FedEx Field.
Speaker 2: No, okay, Northwest like the airline.
Speaker 3: No, it's it's actually it's a financial institution.
Speaker 4: I don't even think Northwest Airlines is around anymore? Are they?
Speaker 3: No idea?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: Mike the Bulldog Bianchi. He is host of Open Mic on AM seven ninety six to nine a game weekday mornings adjacent to US, and he takes time out of his show. Did join us here for the sports page on Jr. Each morning brought you by Kaufin and Lynd.
Speaker 4: Listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Coffin every Saturday morning, seven point thirty on FM ninety six y nine The Game. You can catch extended versions of Under Oath by searching your favorite streaming platform.
Speaker 2: Oh lousen Taco on Demand to download the iHeartRadio app